PDA

View Full Version : Seinen Saru Lock by Serizawa Naoki

GGpX
January 15, 2009, 03:33 AM
"Yataro Sarumaru, nicknamed Saru, is an ace in the locksmith trade and is obsessed with girls. This (almost) average teenager is given a hardly ordinary mission which marks the beginning of his adventures! "

Genre: Action Adult Comedy Drama Ecchi Mature Mystery

One of my favorite series to scanlate, even if it's full of annoying redraws.

Extremely funny and a real cool series.

This manga is NSFW.

So, for those of you who've read up to chapter 21 already, let's discuss, shall we?

kaostheory
January 17, 2009, 10:24 PM
This manga is extremely funny with tons of fan service. I cracked up when he almost lost his virginity
Chapter 21 makes me feel sorry for the cop and makes me whether or not she was a call girl or trying to get close to a cop

GGpX
January 19, 2009, 05:46 PM
Released chapter 22, which ends the small arc.

Chapter 23-25 is the School Arc. An extremely hilarious arc.

Meromorphe
January 20, 2009, 02:29 PM
Extremely funny and a real cool series.

This manga is NSFW.

QFT. I highly recommend it, even if, having read 13 volumes, I'm disappointed that the romance does not progress (or just a bit and it was 5 vol. ago). Actually, I'm afraid he will remain virgin at the end of the manga like GTO.

GGpX
January 20, 2009, 07:22 PM
QFT. I highly recommend it, even if, having read 13 volumes, I'm disappointed that the romance does not progress (or just a bit and it was 5 vol. ago). Actually, I'm afraid he will remain virgin at the end of the manga like GTO.

From what I've seen in v18 & v19, there is progression, but I won't go into detail unless you want me to. I mean, yeah, you're right, but there is slight progression in 18-19.

eni
January 20, 2009, 08:07 PM
Eeks, we didn't had a Saru thread? o_O

I'm not uptodate with the current chapters, so I can't discuss about the last arc. But will try to catch up on the weekend :)

This is a great series. It really grew on me <3

GGpX
January 21, 2009, 03:20 AM
Chapter 23 is out.

Xiphias
January 21, 2009, 03:47 AM
Nice funny small arcs.

Meromorphe
January 22, 2009, 01:51 PM
From what I've seen in v18 & v19, there is progression, but I won't go into detail unless you want me to. I mean, yeah, you're right, but there is slight progression in 18-19.
Full of hope I downloaded the RAWs at jcafe, but it was a quasi statu quo for me :sad Maybe the text was more explicit, but I do not understand japanese. Can you tell me what was going on please?

GGpX
January 22, 2009, 06:00 PM
I don'T understand Japanese, but this is what I got from looking at the raws.

Saru in v18 is getting ready to go on a date with Ritsuko, to the point Saito is offering him condoms and just fucking right in front of him. Nice friend. o;

And in v19, the date starts.

eni
January 22, 2009, 06:09 PM
That's really the only thing that I have to frequently complain about when reading shounen/seinen...
The relationship part starts so damn late, if ever. I'm glad to hear that they make progress in the later volumes but v19 sounds sooo far away :s

Meromorphe
January 23, 2009, 05:39 AM
I don'T understand Japanese, but this is what I got from looking at the raws.

Saru in v18 is getting ready to go on a date with Ritsuko, to the point Saito is offering him condoms and just fucking right in front of him. Nice friend. o;

And in v19, the date starts.
It's what I've also understood, but...
It's not like they are now an official couple, aren't they. I don't see any real progression in their relationship. It is approximately the same described in arcs centered on them. Once again it may be more explicit with the text.
Like eni, I will begin to read smut mangas to satisfy my long for romances :yelling

*snort* :XD

GGpX
February 07, 2009, 05:12 AM
24-26 are out.

Discuss!

GGpX
February 11, 2009, 06:50 PM
Ritsuko.

dark mage
February 13, 2009, 06:15 PM
I hope Saru doesn't end up like Onizuka from GTO I dont mind if he remains a virgin at the end of the mang as long as he hooks up with Ritsuko at the end. I will be happy with a kiss between them. Looking at the raws it seems Ritsuko is starting to feel something for Saru while Saru seems to be too thick headed to understand or his head is always too full of screwing around just like Onizuka. I think Ritsuko and Saru makes a great couple. BTW does anyone know when this manga is scheduled to reach its end?

Meromorphe
February 20, 2009, 12:27 PM
*snort* :XD
I am still not ready for it :scry

BTW does anyone know when this manga is scheduled to reach its end?
As long as it works, I think it will continue and there is no planning of the end. I don't want to have any high expectation about the outcome of the romance. Generally, Mangaka do not want to conclude this kind of thing.

GGpX
April 27, 2009, 04:02 AM
Chapter 28 is out.

Discuss!

boemshiika
April 27, 2009, 04:56 PM
just finished reading up to c28 and its lookin good so far, great art, gags are on time, service, service and more service.

cant wait for the next chapter, i get the feeling somethings gonna happen to ritsuko...
[hr]
just finished reading up to c28 and its lookin good so far, great art, gags are on time, service, service and more service.

cant wait for the next chapter, i get the feeling somethings gonna happen to ritsuko...

GGpX
May 01, 2009, 03:00 AM
Yeah. That sounds about right.

bigwater
May 06, 2009, 03:11 AM
I was just wondering if anybody knows where to find the raws in french? I use to have one site that had them but they where shut down, if it help anyone, i am willing to translate it from french to english. thx in advance

GGpX
May 06, 2009, 04:04 AM
I've already translated up to the end of volume 4, and I can translate (if motivated) a full volume in a day.

But, yeah. The site that had the mangas went down, and I don't know where to get them anymore.

Meromorphe
June 03, 2009, 01:58 PM
Saru Lock gets a TV drama and a film (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-03/saru-lock-action-comedy-manga-to-get-tv-drama-film). Makes me curious and want to see the result, though Japanese Drama is not my thing. They prefer to show goofy gags to actual character development.

eni
June 03, 2009, 02:25 PM
Holy crap. They casted a real bishie with Ichihara Hayato for the main role :drool And when I say bishie, I mean bishie (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichihara_Hayato) :luv

(Sorry for this unqualified comment but... that's female hormones for you >.>)

GGpX
June 03, 2009, 05:19 PM
Germ alert, Germ alert.

:)

Can't be. I was talking with Chas about Ichihara's hair color for this role and... wait, she's German too... >.<

Meromorphe
June 09, 2009, 12:06 PM
I was thinking a live action of Saru Lock could be very good.
I won't re-tell what I said in Spray King's thread, but Saru Lock shows the urbanity very well. We could have a bunch of weirdos, a hypnotic scenery of the lights of a city during the night and a euphoric mood going through the screen with deafening electronic music and decadent images with alcohol, drugs and s~x.

Action scenes could also be innovative with the created tension when Saru tries to open a door. It would be a different means to create some intensity during these scenes with other things than runs and stunts. And the noise of a key turning in a lock is kinda interesting imo. There is something there to do.

eni
June 09, 2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.ytv.co.jp/sarulock/index.html
lols@cast .. reminds me on Naruto's Kakashi :XD

And the noise of a key turning in a lock is kinda interesting imo. There is something there to do.
They could do it similar to how they made the 'hack' scenes in Bloody Monday aka giving some visual goodies by e.g. showing how the inside of the lock opens ^^

But yes, seems it will be full of gags. Typical dorama :)

Meromorphe
June 09, 2009, 03:14 PM
*me was rambling what could happen in Saru Lock drama*
*me watched following link*

http://www.ytv.co.jp/sarulock/index.html

*me thinks now that won't happen"
Noooooooooo!!! What was that? Saru looks more idiotic than in the manga. And what's the hell with this position? I don't remember Saru having any constipation.

They could do it similar to how they made the 'hack' scenes in Bloody Monday aka giving some visual goodies by e.g. showing how the inside of the lock opens ^^

I have not watched it, so I tried youtube. Is the following scene representative of what it is in the series?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3XgR0ZdoZY
Your remark make me think of this amazing scene in Fight Club that explains how the apartment blows up.

Nevertheless, if I find the drama on youtube, I will give it a try out of curiosity.

eni
June 09, 2009, 04:24 PM
Noooooooooo!!! What was that? Saru looks more idiotic than in the manga. And what's the hell with this position? I don't remember Saru having any constipation.
Looks a little goofy, huh? ._.

Well, I'd say that's typical for Japanese TV dramas. Let's wait and see how it's overall impression is. The girl who plays Ritsuko also played a supporting role in Bloody Monday and did quite well. If she does the same here, it will fit her.

I have not watched it, so I tried youtube. Is the following scene representative of what it is in the series?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3XgR0ZdoZY
Your remark make me think of this amazing scene in Fight Club that explains how the apartment blows up.
I haven't seen Fight Club but yes, like this. And also his trademark, the falcon, flies visually into the places that he hacks. Doors are closing and the falcon has to escape while it blends over with computer terminals and the protagonist's face. Really nice eyecandy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo66uJd1q_w

A main problem (for us Western viewers) is the Japanese acting which is always somehow over the top. While I have my favorite dorama and movies, even there I need to giggle on this typical 'overacting' sometimes. So I don't expect Saru to be any better. I just hope that the goofyness will have it limits when it comes to the 'cool' scenes :amuse

Anyways, I look forward to the first episode. The way they'll do the 'introduction' scene in the beginning will already tell us a lot :XD

Kitsame
July 23, 2009, 06:44 AM
Great manga-laughed my ass off.But its shame that it doesn’t have many scanlations-I mean,out of 21 RAW volumes it has only 29 chapters scanlated!!!So I beg someone to take it and translate it all-its worth it

GGpX
July 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
You make it sound like scanlating Saru Lock is an easy job. :)

heartangel
July 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
one of my fav manga...does any one know when wil the next chap wil b out? if i m not wrong, it has been over 1 month since last chapter which is on 3rd june ><?

GGpX
July 26, 2009, 07:19 PM
We released two chapters on the 23rd...

tygreas
August 03, 2009, 11:29 PM
On nom nom nom nom,
sorry for the lolcat but that about sums up my rave review of Saru lock. just picked it up tonight trying to satiate my eyes terrible hunger for reading material of the manga form. and i can greatly report it has hit the stomach with great aplomb.

kudos to you GGPX and your group for scanlating

as far as my self teaching in japaneses goes, i am still pondering how to combat the lack of spacing to tell between words in my mock translating to romaji sessions.

Kitsame
August 08, 2009, 07:44 AM
You make it sound like scanlating Saru Lock is an easy job. :)

I know its not an easy job,and that you do this on your free will,and i am eternally grateful for scanlating even this much.But have you thought bout joint project with someone(you did first chapter of Saru Lock with NCIS),or will you focus on it after some other mangas ?

GGpX
August 09, 2009, 01:32 AM
Joint projects don't always work.

And really, I've been looking to do a joint with another group on Saru Lock for a long time now. Nobody's ever contacted me about it.

If a group did contact me about it, I'd have to make sure that the same standards are kept.

Kitsame
August 09, 2009, 04:43 AM
Joint projects don't always work.

And really, I've been looking to do a joint with another group on Saru Lock for a long time now. Nobody's ever contacted me about it.

If a group did contact me about it, I'd have to make sure that the same standards are kept.
Crap,it would be so good that you find some group for joint project.
Try asking group Emergency Exit (http://faildoor.wordpress.com/),they just finished Onani Master Kurosawa,and searching for a new project,maybe you will get lucky :)

GGpX
August 09, 2009, 11:15 AM
That's not a group up to our standards. Nowhere close.

I don't go looking for a group to make a joint with.

Kitsame
August 09, 2009, 07:32 PM
That's not a group up to our standards. Nowhere close.

I don't go looking for a group to make a joint with.

Lol:p Anywayz,will you scanlate new chapter soon,i'm dying to read some SL:amuse

GGpX
August 09, 2009, 08:06 PM
They'll be out when they're ready.

dark mage
September 19, 2009, 06:12 PM
@GGpX thanks for the release of chapter 32

mathi36
September 21, 2009, 02:59 PM
thx gg^^

dark mage
December 09, 2009, 03:45 PM
This manga has now been completed at volume 22. Anyone knows what happens at the end? Did Saru and Ritsuko hook up?