PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 15 (Chap 119-126) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

KaNx
January 20, 2009, 02:27 AM
The chapter has been released. You may view it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/119).

Please discuss your thoughts concerning the chapter in this thread and also your beliefs for the next chapter.

chihoho
January 20, 2009, 03:19 AM
so marakrov is dieing isn't he?

Nognir
January 20, 2009, 03:24 AM
Probably...

We'll get to see Mistgun's power, but I've still got a question...

WTH is Gildartz? He's supposed to be an S-rank and a master candidate...

Natage
January 20, 2009, 04:35 AM
The only thing known about Gildartz is.. he's an S-class mage from Fairy Tail. Who knows maybe he'll appear right before Makarov dies. :(

mugen
January 20, 2009, 05:17 AM
This chapter and arc is totally making up for the lame erza arc a while ago :XD
the fight scene and flashback was awesome!

Patta
January 20, 2009, 05:17 AM
this chapter is so damn hot, we need a translation fast!

Koen
January 20, 2009, 06:04 AM
pretty amazed by this chapter. Feeling bad for makarov, it looks like he is dieing.

Mistgun seems to be pretty determined as for luxus too. This will be a very serious fight. Looking forward to what may be fairy tail's best fight :D

Charlie
January 20, 2009, 08:48 AM
I'm hoping Luxus actually looses but judging from the new chapter it does not appear so. I hope Mist-Gun at-least lives up to the hype before he looses. Hopefully next chapter we will see an awesome fight scene between the two. Besides that nice chapter can't wait to see what was actually said.

Patta
January 20, 2009, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know in which language it was translated http://mangahelpers.com/t/judasu/releases/8526?

Eeit: I found out that it's thai -> google doesn't translate from that language T.T

shouryuujo
January 20, 2009, 01:13 PM
there's so much hype behind mistgun i dont think he will lose - i think he will step aside when the others reach luxus and have them duke it out. This way mistgun doesn't seem to be overhyped(not defeated) and the battle between luxus and the others wont be seen as a filler

Patta
January 20, 2009, 02:32 PM
We've got another special :D http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/download/9153

fizban
January 20, 2009, 03:19 PM
Haha, transformation magic. Mirajane is getting some good spotlight in the special chapters

Mistgun has so many staves. I would make speculation about what the one he is using now can do, but they probably explain it in the chapter. Don't want to be the person who is all "I think Natsu can use fire magic"

LoS
January 20, 2009, 03:50 PM
I don't think/hope Gildartz does not get revealed in this arc. What would be the purpose of revealing two of the most mysterious guild members both in contention for the role of guild master.

Mist could also be there to help heal everyone while letting others step in to take on Luxus.

Patta
January 20, 2009, 04:39 PM
I don't think/hope Gildartz does not get revealed in this arc. What would be the purpose of revealing two of the most mysterious guild members both in contention for the role of guild master.

Mist could also be there to help heal everyone while letting others step in to take on Luxus.

I agree. It would be really lame if all of the "Mysterious Three" (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/106/01/ -> Gildartz, Mist Gun & Fried) are getting revealed in one arc alone.

Don't think that Mist Gun will support the others behind the scene this time. It's probably too late since he stands before Luxus and now Polyushko (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/51/02/) is there to heal those who were defeated during the contest.

Pirulito
January 20, 2009, 08:03 PM
Flashback: Luxus's father was expelled from Fairy Tail.

The only one purpose would be if Luxus beat all participants in this Battle. Thus, there would be an excuse (lame excuse, I know)... Gildartz is stronger than Luxus. (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/106/07/)

segua
January 20, 2009, 11:50 PM
Actually, it would be interesting if Gildartz was Makarov's twin brother. That would be totally insane.

Patta
January 21, 2009, 01:56 AM
Actually, it would be interesting if Gildartz was Makarov's twin brother. That would be totally insane.

Awesome idea! It could even be that he is just his brother and it's still cool^^.

Charlie
January 21, 2009, 02:59 AM
there's so much hype behind mistgun i dont think he will lose - i think he will step aside when the others reach luxus and have them duke it out. This way mistgun doesn't seem to be overhyped(not defeated) and the battle between luxus and the others wont be seen as a filler

I know what you mean, I hope Mistgun doesn't loose here. Based on the chapter and how fast things went, in my opinion it does not look good for him. Luxus doesn't seem the type to fall this early in a match or arc. So that would mean Luxus > Mistgun, hopefully the hype will live up, unlike the legendary sanien *cough, cough* was it windy in here ?

Luxus seems to be or will be saved for the main character Natsu so he wont loose to Mistgun here, thats why I hope he will atleast live up to the hype before he looses.

The next chapter should show one heck of a fight between the two powerhouse fighers of FT. Heres hoping Luxus will get a major beating.

Ju-da-su
January 21, 2009, 09:17 AM
We've got another special :D http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/download/9153

Ah! Nice~ Now I get one more work to get done tonight. THANKS~! XD *look* Wow! That was short . . . but something to fill up my freetime . . . XDD

As for this chapter . . . it's cool . . . Mistgun is pissed at Luxus for knowing what possibly is his real name now~ Great chapter . . . looking forward to the next chapter . . . XD

Patta
January 21, 2009, 09:42 AM
As for this chapter . . . it's cool . . . Mistgun is pissed at Luxus for knowing what possibly is his real name now~ Great chapter . . . looking forward to the next chapter . . . XD

Damn the english translation is late this week...would you mind giving us more information? Pleeease xD the thing with MG's real name hoted me up for more^^

Nognir
January 21, 2009, 11:45 AM
Regarding the special: I've come to really appreciate the way Hiro Mashima draws beautiful girls (/stares 20cm below the eyes)

Anw, if indeed Luxus is the 3rd strongest in the guild (1st is Makarov, 2nd is Gildartz) it's unlikely that Mistgun would be able to take him down. Luxus could probably utilize the thunder crystals to keep others out of the cathedral while he takes on Mistgun, in order to keep taking one-on-one on the FT members.

Stupid question: Should Erza and Gazille take on Luxus? Their weapons can turn disadvantageous against Luxus's power (metal against lightning). Still, Natsu taking on the strongest foe in the end (save for the Phantom arc) is too cliche...

Ju-da-su
January 21, 2009, 11:56 AM
Basically, Polyshika (that old woman) come asking for Makarov. She goes to see him lying on the bed, and told Lavy to go get Luxus. Lavy is surprised as to why would she tell her to go get Luxus.

Polyshika - Go get that kid who can still fooling around without even knowing that his own grandfather is on the verge of death already.
Lavy - Verge- . . . Verge of death . . . isn't that a bit too exaggerated . . . ?
Polyshika - Just go, please
This man won't last long now

Then Luxus's backstory. First, he was arguing about the fact that he only got judged by everyone as "Makarov's grandson" rather than being judged according to who he is.

Luxus - Ever since I was a kid, everyone will just look at me with the biased eyes, saying that I'm "your grandson." Whatever I do, it's always "because he's Makarov's grandson" or "because he's the grandson of the guild master of Fairy Tail"; not even a single judgment of me from who I really am.

Then he talks about how Makarov puts "that kind of shame" upon him even with his feeling like that, which is the fact that his father got excommunicated.

Luxus - Do you even have any "feeling"? Just why the hell did you excommunicate my dad?!!!!
Makarov - That guy is a threat to the guild
Luxus - He might actually did a lot of stupid things, but he's still your son!!!! YOUR FAMILY, ISN'T IT?!!!!
Makarov - Even if he's my family, I'll not allow the person who can sell their friends' lives in the same guild as me. That's what the previous generation did to protect tis guild as well. This is what Fairy Tail is.

Then they talked about the guild Luxus's dad had founded. Makarov demands that Luxus will tell him of the dad's whereabouts, since he's a threat to the guild: having some kind of bad stuff about Fairy Tail (like their weakness and wrong actions) in his hands. If they can't find him, Fairy Tail will be in danger. Luxus refused to tell.

Luxus - Like someone who is the one that chased him away can say that . . .
Makarov - Luxus!!
Luxus - I'll go beyond you. Not for the sake of my dad, but for the sake of my own self . . . the sake of the existence of a man.

Then it's Luxus and Mistgun's convo. Luxus just says that he wasn't actually expecting Mistgun to join the fight, and go on saying about wanting to prove the rumor about that either Mistgun or him is the strongest of Fairy Tail. (Mistgun actually said he things Gildaustz is the strongest. Luxus said that that guy will never come back again. He also said that Elza might be strong, but she's still weak. Mistgun said his eye must have been blinded to be able to call Elza as weak) He challenged Mistgun into fighting with him to make it clear who's the best.

Luxus - Let's get it settled once and for all then; whether who will take the seat as the strongest. Mistgun, or should I say . . . Another-
Natsu - The cathedral!!?
Elza - At Kaldear Cathedral!?
Mistgun - Where did you know "that" from?
Luxus - Who knows . . . maybe I should tell you if you can win me, should I?
Mistgun - And you'll be sorry, Luxus. I'll show you the magic that you wouldn't have seen anywhere before
Luxus - Bring it then. I'll show you the difference.

Evidently, Mistgun is pissed, by the fact that Luxus call him . . . possibly by another "secret" name of his; possibly his real name. The next chapter will be a real hot fight between those two~ <3

That's it . . . for this chapter . . . sorry, I'm not that good at writing summary even though I actually translate some parts to English. >_<"

Pirulito
January 21, 2009, 12:21 PM
Apparently, there's a common sense about Gildartz is the strongest guy after Makarov. The 3rd strongest is a unknown question, but we have names: Luxus, Mistgun, Erza and Mirajane (these two girls more distant)
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/106/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/106/08/

From Happy's words, a inference would be: Luxus as the 3rd. But the cat also say "rumours have it Mistgun is pretty strong".

Patta
January 21, 2009, 12:40 PM
Basically, Polyshika (that old woman) come asking for Makarov. She goes to see him lying on the bed, and told Lavy to go get Luxus. Lavy is surprised as to why would she tell her to go get Luxus.

Polyshika - Go get that kid who can still fooling around without even knowing that his own grandfather is on the verge of death already.
Lavy - Verge- . . . Verge of death . . . isn't that a bit too exaggerated . . . ?
Polyshika - Just go, please
This man won't last long now

Then Luxus's backstory. First, he was arguing about the fact that he only got judged by everyone as "Makarov's grandson" rather than being judged according to who he is.

Luxus - Ever since I was a kid, everyone will just look at me with the biased eyes, saying that I'm "your grandson." Whatever I do, it's always "because he's Makarov's grandson" or "because he's the grandson of the guild master of Fairy Tail"; not even a single judgment of me from who I really am.

Then he talks about how Makarov puts "that kind of shame" upon him even with his feeling like that, which is the fact that his father got excommunicated.

Luxus - Do you even have any "feeling"? Just why the hell did you excommunicate my dad?!!!!
Makarov - That guy is a threat to the guild
Luxus - He might actually did a lot of stupid things, but he's still your son!!!! YOUR FAMILY, ISN'T IT?!!!!
Makarov - Even if he's my family, I'll not allow the person who can sell their friends' lives in the same guild as me. That's what the previous generation did to protect tis guild as well. This is what Fairy Tail is.

Then they talked about the guild Luxus's dad had founded. Makarov demands that Luxus will tell him of the dad's whereabouts, since he's a threat to the guild: having some kind of bad stuff about Fairy Tail (like their weakness and wrong actions) in his hands. If they can't find him, Fairy Tail will be in danger. Luxus refused to tell.

Luxus - Like someone who is the one that chased him away can say that . . .
Makarov - Luxus!!
Luxus - I'll go beyond you. Not for the sake of my dad, but for the sake of my own self . . . the sake of the existence of a man.

Then it's Luxus and Mistgun's convo. Luxus just says that he wasn't actually expecting Mistgun to join the fight, and go on saying about wanting to prove the rumor about that either Mistgun or him is the strongest of Fairy Tail. (Mistgun actually said he things Gildaustz is the strongest. Luxus said that that guy will never come back again. He also said that Elza might be strong, but she's still weak. Mistgun said his eye must have been blinded to be able to call Elza as weak) He challenged Mistgun into fighting with him to make it clear who's the best.

Luxus - Let's get it settled once and for all then; whether who will take the seat as the strongest. Mistgun, or should I say . . . Another-
Natsu - The cathedral!!?
Elza - At Kaldear Cathedral!?
Mistgun - Where did you know "that" from?
Luxus - Who knows . . . maybe I should tell you if you can win me, should I?
Mistgun - And you'll be sorry, Luxus. I'll show you the magic that you wouldn't have seen anywhere before
Luxus - Bring it then. I'll show you the difference.

Evidently, Mistgun is pissed, by the fact that Luxus call him . . . possibly by another "secret" name of his; possibly his real name. The next chapter will be a real hot fight between those two~ <3

That's it . . . for this chapter . . . sorry, I'm not that good at writing summary even though I actually translate some parts to English. >_<"

Thanks! That was awesome. You aren't that bad with english trans like you think^^

[hr]
Holy shit, the next chapter's title is even "Mist Gun", so the things will get really hyped now. There are three options to this: a big fight with MG vs Luxus or more information about MG maybe in a flashback what would be the greatest bomb of them all.

Just a thought: Luxus' daddy is master Ivan!!!

Edit: With this backstory of Luxus the comment "They just broke a principal rule. Hey geezer!! When they return, they'll get expelled...right? (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/25/07/) gets a deeper meaning.

[hr]
Does anyone knows what the scripture on MG's trousers says?

Nognir
January 21, 2009, 01:45 PM
It just crossed my mind: Could Gildartz be Makarov's son and Luxus's father? Luxus mentions that "he ain't coming back" in the last chapter, plus Luxus's father is mentioned in that chapter for the first time. In that case, it's likely that except for Makarov and Luxus none is aware that Gildartz is no longer a member of Fairy Tail

big_p
January 21, 2009, 04:07 PM
"Another-" ...Dragon Slayer anyone? maybe? An intelligent one who knows why Natsu can't find Igneel and is hiding it and himself for important reasons.

fizban
January 21, 2009, 04:14 PM
When Luxus started calling him by that name I was all "uh oh, we're gonna have a Yugioh moment!"

It seems like Polyushakakhan was saying that Luxus knows that Makarov is dying. Maybe this whole thing was his way of helping determine the new Master because he knows his grandfather doesn't have the heart to pick anybody himself. Setting things up like it is a sudden death battle will bring out the best in each candidate.

Those lightning crystals are going to set off fireworks

Onomatopoeia
January 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
Luxus's father is Ivan and he is a guild master. This is all going according to my earlier prediction quite well.

Gildartz is looking quite strong everyone and their mom thinks he's the strongest. But I think the main event of this chapter was Luxus vs Mistgun which is sure to be interesting. So then the question is, can both of them keep their hype? Mistgun probablly has more hype then even Luxus so...but Luxus is the major villain of this arc and Natsu did say he was going to beat him and such.

Nightthorn
January 21, 2009, 07:51 PM
I'm thinking that Ivan (Luxus Dad) is obviously a S-Class Mage and was probly powerful to take for the most powerful mage of fairy tail when he was there. Also could prove a possible threat in upcoming arcs and there biggest enemy yet because Makarovs says he has important info on fairy tail.

bittman
January 21, 2009, 08:47 PM
FAIRY TAIL JUST GOT REALLY GOOD!

Haha, man and I was complaining about it last chapter too.

Main Goal...hmm, appears not. I almost thought Seigfried would be a worthy behindthescenes enemy until near the end, but now it appears it was Urtear and I'm disappointed in that. Nearest thing we have to an overplot is Zeref, but seriously how much plot can one mage keep handing out?

And then suddenly, WHAM! Plot happens everywhere. A rival guild, Luxus and Markov's family, Mistgun's reaction, Gazille's secret master, Mira's bipolar revival and MARKOOOOOOOOOOV *cries*.

Man, Fairy Tail could jump over Bleach and Eyeshield 21 for me if it keeps playing its cards right. My top ten rankings for weekly manga are more like this nowdays:
1) One Piece
2) Naruto
3) Bleach
4) Eyeshield 21
5) Fairy Tail
6) D.Grayman
7) Air Gear
8) To-Love Ru
9) Fire Emblem
10) Dragon Quest - Dai's Great Adventure

But Fairy Tail just released a chapter worthy of the #3 spot.

Shimon
January 21, 2009, 08:55 PM
I hope that the next chapter will go into Mistgun's past I really want to see that also maybe during the battle we will get to see Mistgun's face.
Maybe he will or maybe he won't be able to defeat Luxus but if the word gets out that his grandfather is dieing them maybe Luxus will stop fighting and come to his grandfather's death - bed to humor him. Then cast a spell that finishes him off while he is weak and then fight the rest of Fairy Tail claiming, "Since the old man is to weak to fight, the last one standing will become the new master." or something like that and then a huge fight will begin. Maybe Luxus might even show pity, maybe he won't kill him in his weakened state because he wants to surpass him on his own and now he won't be able to do that now that Makarov is dying maybe he will tell Luxus what really happened to his father. But, that's just a guess. :)

Onomatopoeia
January 21, 2009, 09:47 PM
I swear there is some sort of symbolism in the fact that Luxus is doing all this from a church. There are a few things I can think of but none seem quite right. In fact it's especially interesting that the cathedral was named that rarely if ever happens for a building like this to be named. I wonder if the Cathedral has some sort of past...

segua
January 22, 2009, 12:15 AM
Ah yea, things are getting excited. I think Mistgun might lose or concede the fight. I wonder if the fight will be so devastating that we might get to see Mistgun's face or at least learn a bit more about Mistgun.

Now what would be interesting if Mistgun turns out to be Luxus's father or either Gildartz. I expect a very good surprise.

bittman
January 22, 2009, 12:52 AM
Nah Mistgun won't be the dad, in one chapter Markov's son was built up as an awesome villain, be a shame to let it fall so quickly. Mistgun also appears to be too nice a guy. Gildartz is impossible to guess, but if he really is a part of Fairy Tail and known by many then he wouldn't be talked of greatly by them and badly by Markov.

Hopefully Luxus beats Mistgun. Yeah that's right, I'm barracking for the bad guy. I also don't want an Erza and Natsu combo to beat Luxus, they fight together too much nowdays. Gaziile and either (or both) of the above vs Luxus would be better.

sharingan_kakashi
January 22, 2009, 01:11 AM
im gonna predict mistgun beating Luxus, but Luxus will end up winning using a cheap trick of some sort.
Great chapter. i really like this mangaka's style. i cant wait till he reveal who this Gildartz is. he should look just as impressive as the rest of the strong people. he is after all second in command in Lucy's dream. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/17/

Arya884
January 22, 2009, 09:17 AM
:mad Why so much mystery?!? It makes my driving insane!!! WTH is MG's true identity. Luxus begins to say his other name and it seems so to be "Other-smthing" Dammit'! Why does it takes so much time to get only a lil' chapter? I read it in 3 minutes and now I have to wait a week :crying Life is just too crual! I think that MG is a guy =) I wonder how Luxus will react about the Makarov thing. Will it be a classic scenario (Luxus have a tons of regrets after his grandpa' is dead and realises that he was ridiculous and blablabla)? I exepect very much from the next chapter. I know that it is not the topic of this forum, but I had like to know why the dragons went somewhere on the seventh day of the 777th year (or somethin' like that XD). Why is Igneel hiding???

CaptFamous
January 22, 2009, 10:39 AM
Nah Mistgun won't be the dad, in one chapter Markov's son was built up as an awesome villain, be a shame to let it fall so quickly. Mistgun also appears to be too nice a guy. Gildartz is impossible to guess, but if he really is a part of Fairy Tail and known by many then he wouldn't be talked of greatly by them and badly by Markov.

Hopefully Luxus beats Mistgun. Yeah that's right, I'm barracking for the bad guy. I also don't want an Erza and Natsu combo to beat Luxus, they fight together too much nowdays. Gaziile and either (or both) of the above vs Luxus would be better.

My new guess on Luxus' father: the mysterious Ivan. He seems too indifferent to the prospect of Gildartz (though interestingly, when Mistgun mentions him, he doesn't say "I'm stronger" just "He isn't coming back"), and Ivan sounds Russian like Makarov.

I would guess that Mistgun is some sort of fugitive. At very least, the two conversations this week suggest that this guild is hiding something very important. Maybe Mistgun used to be evil, committed some horrible crime, and reformed?

Also, I predict that the Mistgun vs. Luxus fight ends with a draw, interrupted by the news of Makarov's inpending death.

Nognir
January 22, 2009, 06:38 PM
Who's that Ivan anyway? Someone with a grudge to Fairy Tail, that's for granted. It could be either from the Phantom downfall or has ties with Luxus's ousted father

mugen
January 22, 2009, 11:27 PM
I can't help but think Mistgun is one of Phantom Lord

Patta
January 23, 2009, 01:08 AM
I can't help but think Mistgun is one of Phantom Lord

That really has to be an intuition since Mist Gun finished off all the subdivisions of Phantom Lord^^. Otherwise it would be a very big twist:jawdrop.

mugen
January 23, 2009, 01:22 AM
That really has to be an intuition since Mist Gun finished off all the subdivisions of Phantom Lord^^. Otherwise it would be a very big twist:jawdrop.

And thats why it would the most sense!!!! It goes against logic!! Now that gazille is revealed to be still sorta phantom lord, its gonna be no surprise when Jubia is too.

Pirulito
January 23, 2009, 09:05 AM
I think its impossible, mugen.
It's a bad trip.

Gustmin
January 24, 2009, 05:00 AM
I think that Mistgun and Luxus will fight on par , then some other member of fairy tail will prolly interupt the fight bringing the news of makarov knocking back sense into luxus who will stop fighting.

Maybe this is a bit to idealistic

mugen
January 24, 2009, 11:08 PM
I think its impossible, mugen.
It's a bad trip.

Nope . Its very possible. Mark is too soft. I mean Gazzile basically crucified Lily. And then he lets him join the guild. WTF? That guy is not nice. Gazzile that is.

CaptFamous
January 25, 2009, 04:29 AM
@mugen

It's possible, but not terribly likely. If that happened, there would have to be a lot of explanation to follow. I doubt Phantom Lord will actually come up again; my guess is that Gazille got caught up in some other guild with a grudge against FT (as I said, I think Ivan is Luxus' father) and that's why he agreed to join. Jubia was too enthusiastic to join, she's FT for life now. Mistgun's past will likely be unrelated to anything we've seen so far.

Bizarre twists happen a lot in manga, but "Mistgun in PL" is a little too contradictory to a lot of plot and character development so far.

Destin82
January 25, 2009, 04:34 AM
This chapter and arc is totally making up for the lame erza arc a while ago :XD
the fight scene and flashback was awesome!

By Erza arc you mean the Jerald/Aetherion arc? I thought that was the best arc by far at the moment.

With regards to this chapter, I really don't think there are too many connections to make. I highly doubt that any of Luxus, Gildartz, and Mistgun are related. The possibility of Ivan being Marakov's son is there, but I doubt it since I would assume he'd have reacted a little more when Gazille stated he was out to get Luxus. Personally I think all these new characters are separate from each other in lineage.

Ivan is either a completely new villain or the current head of Phantom Lord, Gazille is on his side, but I sincerely doubt that Lluvia is. I think that when Gazille eventually makes his play against Fairy Tail, Lluvia will be the first to go against him.

Aside from that, I see Mistgun losing to Luxus, probably through questionable means. Natsu will be the one eventually get the final blow on Luxus, whether he gets assistance from Erza and Gazille is up in the air.

What I'm really curious about is how Marakov's death is going to affect Luxus, because at this point in time he has the potential to either become a reformed hero or one of the premiere villains in this series depending on how he reacts.

The Adamant Dragon
January 25, 2009, 12:24 PM
Wow, I just cought up to the actual storyline/ latest chapter and I must say that this is the best part in Manga.

Since the begining Mashima has hyped and created a special vibe for/arround "Mistgun". . . So much that each time you ear the name "Mistgun" step in, you spontaneously know that something interesting and epic is about to happen. And so I doubt that he'll lose his first fight. My prediction is that He'll leave the fight on his own accord after displaying his abilities.

As strong as Luxus is, he certainly can't take on all of Fairy-Tail's strongest members -- Unless he gets unexpected help or has an Hidden Power --. Both of them (LuxusVSMistgun) are amoung this manga's most iconic figures. . . So I'm expecting the unexpected. Whatever the outcome, it'll be a good fight, maybe the best we've seen since the begining of the series imo.

But anyway, It was an awsom chapter. I'm looking forward to see Mistgun's Abilities. I must say that he's my favorite Character so far.

Koen
January 26, 2009, 10:28 AM
Man looking at the end, mistgun is really going to make it short and try to end it asap. He said it himself: he was going to show him a magic he has never seen. I wonder what luxus wanted to say before mistgun attacked him. What was it they both know and made started the fight.

Gildartz is interesting too. So he's the member who's lacking interest to come back. Anyway mistgun is a loyal mage it seems

KaNx
January 27, 2009, 12:21 AM
The chapter has been released. You may view it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/120).

Please discuss your thoughts concerning the chapter in this thread and also your beliefs for the next chapter.

LoS
January 27, 2009, 01:44 AM
Wow could Erza and Natsu be any more of a hindrance? They are pretty damn stupid, gee let me walk towards a fight between two superpowers get in the fray and distract one of them.

Although, I was thrown for a loop seeing Gerard once again. I guess he happened to make another image of himself.

I am glad someone finally dominated Erza, I had been waiting to see her get her ass handed to her.

Now that I think of it, just how bad ass is Fairy Tail? I mean come on their guild consists of 2 mages recognized as members of the holy ten great mages, and they have Luxus who is on par with someone in that ten, and another member in Gildartz that is quite possibly stronger than Luxus.

Thats 4 people with the strength of the ten greatest mages of one continent all in one guild.

BinCs
January 27, 2009, 01:55 AM
Although, I was thrown for a loop seeing Gerard once again. I guess he happened to make another image of himself.
Well, Mistgun said that he's not Gerard. Yeah, I thought "WTF?", too.

chihoho
January 27, 2009, 02:58 AM
that really ruined the image of mistgun. I mean come on Gerard?. I really hope that mistgun can explain his situation. I really didn't expect that mistgun face is being revealed so soon. :(

LoS
January 27, 2009, 03:21 AM
Well, Mistgun said that he's not Gerard. Yeah, I thought "WTF?", too.

I know, but regardless the image in of itself is kind of creepy.

hasu13
January 27, 2009, 04:08 AM
It also made for a convenient way for Erza to get distracted and taken out with one magical attack. Had she been prepared for Luxus, she likely had some armor to help ward off his attack (then again, if she did, why wasn't she wearing it in the first place?) A nice and simple way for fans to see the fight they wanted to see: Natsu vs. Luxus (with Gazille possibly showing up at some point).

Still, I hope the translation makes some mention as to the Mistgun/Gerard connection. In a strange way, it would make sense. Keeping tabs on Erza before and now that he's possibly free of the evil influence, now acting to help her (and Fairy Tail) out with this battle.

Quiyes
January 27, 2009, 05:36 AM
that really ruined the image of mistgun. I mean come on Gerard?. I really hope that mistgun can explain his situation. I really didn't expect that mistgun face is being revealed so soon. :(
I agree completely. I'm really waiting for the translation hoping that it's not mistgun, but that he is far away on a mission and that gerard took his chance in order to help fairy tail.
And now that I think about it, wasn't there a chapter (the one where erza and natsu are in jail) at the end of which, gerard was surprised to learn that natsu was in fairy tail? :notrust

So now natsu is gonna fight, I hope he's gonna show scales on his skin, just like during his fight against gerard...

Patta
January 27, 2009, 06:17 AM
And now that I think about it, wasn't there a chapter (the one where erza and natsu are in jail) at the end of which, gerard was surprised to learn that natsu was in fairy tail?

Damn right, and Makarov (as well as Luxus) know his face but he (Makarov) was there (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/69/02/) as well as Gerard. There must be something wrong. Maybe he showed Makarov a different face than to Luxus. But Mist Gun/Gerard whatever said something important here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/119/15/) about Erza's strength as if he would have been the Gerard who witnessed it in the tower of paradise.

EvilSniffles
January 27, 2009, 07:22 AM
O_O jaw dropped seeing gerad's face again, nice to see luxus was fooled by the illusion and just goes on to be cocky still.

I like how natsu just goes wth I thought I kicked his ass.

Though where the gerad/mistgun went is what piques me.

Can't wait for the trans to come out later to get more info. :3

pongy
January 27, 2009, 08:50 AM
According to the Thai translation, Mistgun was saying that he isn't Gerrard even though he knows the person of that name. He also stated that he didn't want Erza to see his face. Hmm.. this is interesting..

they have Luxus who is on par with someone in that ten, and another member in Gildartz that is quite possibly stronger than Luxus.

Regarding Gildartz, I think he's possibly the father of Luxus. According to http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/69/19/ the second frame, (there was a translation mistake and the person in that frame was "Gildartz" and not "Luxus") Gildartz looked very much lkie Luxus from behind.

jung_dalglish
January 27, 2009, 12:14 PM
To be precise, I will translate what is said and done in P.18 according to Thai translation by Judasu (Thank you!)

มิสต์กัน - เอลซ่า . . . มีแต่เธอเท่านั้น
ที่ฉันไม่อยากให้เห็น
Mist -- Elsa ... only you ... whom I do not want to see ...

เอลซ่า – เอ๋?
Elsa -- Eh?

ฉันนะไม่ใช่เจราลหรอก
ถึงจะรู้จักคนๆนั้น แต่เขาก็ไม่ใช่ฉัน
Mist: I'm not Gerald; although I know him, he is not me ...

ขอโทษด้วยนะ ที่เหลือช่วยจัดการให้ที
Sorry ... the rest is up to you guys
(Me: WTF!? you should not appear in the first place if your role in the arc
is just these two little chapters)

นัตซึ – เฮ้ย!!!
Natsu: Hey!!!

Patta
January 27, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks! Trans always are welcome independent on how long they are.

Do you guys think it's just a coincidence that Makarov is probably going to die so there won't be anyone able to tell something about the real Mist Gun?

CaptFamous
January 27, 2009, 03:39 PM
Haven't had a chance yet to read the raw, but it sounds so far to be a tomato surprise (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TomatoSurprise) of the worst kind.

Mooncrow
January 27, 2009, 04:05 PM
Haven't had a chance yet to read the raw, but it sounds so far to be a tomato surprise (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TomatoSurprise) of the worst kind.

Actually, there is a certain amount of foreshadowing on the connection already for those paying close attention. We have references to "the Sacred Light" in exactly two places in the manga; one made by Mistgun in reference to Makarov's Fairy Law, the other in reference to Anetherion. In fact, when I read cnet's translation, the first thing I did was go back to the Gerard arc to see if there was any similarity between the name Anetherion and the half a word Luxus spit's out before being interrupted. (There isn't, but the connection was still obvious enough to me to look)

While I didn't call Mistgun being a Gerard clone (or whatever he is) exactly, this is hardly a tomato surprise.

s0ra
January 27, 2009, 05:40 PM
maybe part of mistgun's magic is making different people see different faces... to hide his real face?? if that isn't his real face to start with.

Charlie
January 27, 2009, 07:26 PM
I hope the English translation of this chapter, clears things up because, the Gerard look alike bit was a serious let down on my mood/anticipation for this chapter.

For some reason I feel letdown or that the chapter was anti-climatic.
Oh well, we'll have to wait and see until next week to find out wtf is going here.

Destin82
January 28, 2009, 12:19 AM
Well now Luxus saying "another" before Mistgun attacked him makes sense. Really liked this chapter, and the effects of the battle were really well drawn, although they seem to put all the other battles to shame with the scale of their effects. I like the idea of Mistgun being another Jerald copy personally, and glad to see Natsu vs Luxus happening.

tomjoad
January 28, 2009, 08:34 AM
mistgun is a gerard look-alike? or he may be the same person? or the real one or another clone? which is which? does the author love his character or face so much that he keeps popping up all over the manga? what a total letdown!

anyway, i have a theory about what luxus was trying to say before he was interrupted. the thing that suddenly came to my mind was, "ANOTHER DRAGON SLAYER." it seems pretty obvious, especially with the power that he possessed in which a dragon appeared. there's no doubt about it... now there are three dragon slayers... i wonder what will happen between the dragons and dragon slayers in the future? will there be a huge fight or will they be the ones who will save the dragons from extinction?

aquavi
January 28, 2009, 09:22 AM
Luxus was saying Mist's real name, not some title or something. Even the translator was confused since there aren't many names that sound like 'another'. If Mist was a Dragon Slayer, wouldn't Luxus have just said it without the 'another' in front? I think yes, given the lack of Natsu and Gazille in the vicinity at the time.

We'll find out later what this is all about (since since is par with the course with Mashima apparently from what I've heard about Rave Master's plot structure) I just wish it was sooner rather then later. D:

Patta
January 28, 2009, 12:38 PM
The translation (http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/9205) got out.

Edit: First scanslation (http://mangahelpers.com/s/Darkreaper70/details/10188) got out.

EvilSniffles
January 28, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the thai to english trans. It shed some light on what was said. Its good to know that this, along with "Master Ivan," Marakrovs poor health, Dragon Slayers, Ur's duaghter and Zeref plots create lots of where could this lead and more ooh another story we can follow.

Sorry for the butchering of any characters name. I love FT, but not so obessive of all the character's names. The same for any manga I read.
[hr]
BWUAHAH, I love how luxus totally was like oh you're here natsu @ the end. So now we get to see the fight b/w natsu and luxus but I wonder where this leaves Gazille in this battle.

zelllogan
January 28, 2009, 01:21 PM
Fairy tail is taking a little too much time to deliver the main scenario.
It is obvious that in the end zeref will be the bad guy. It is obvious that gerard (or his clones, brothers, ... whatever) will be zeref's new body. It is obvious that zeref and the disparition of all dragons are somehow linked.

Why the author is taking so much times with arcs like this one (the fairy tail battle royale) ? We're already at chapter 120 and there isn't yet a main story fully developped.

I love fairy tail but this lack of substance is a little annoying. There isn't really a connection thread between the arcs. The author is just throwing every now and then a different shocking element ... it's time to have the connection between all elements

Rejuvenation
January 28, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mist Gun is Gerard? Oh lord, I'm hoping this is going to be a good twist. Also :notrust @ Erza getting one-shotted. I get the feeling Natsu's fight with Luxus is gonna suck. -____-

Skwisgaar
January 28, 2009, 02:05 PM
Theres got to be something more to gerard, im sure he has a secondary reason now for the res-erection of zeref thing(I think this was just an act on his part). Since we now know zeref isnt dead and hes just sleeping or something like that.http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/102/20/

Since he works for fairy tail it makes me wonder if hes going to be a good guy or a bad guy and what he is up too.

Gustmin
January 28, 2009, 03:03 PM
Stupid that Mistgun already leaves the scene. Now I need to see natsu fight berserkstyle again. I really wanted to see Mistgun win :'(

sharingan_kakashi
January 28, 2009, 04:29 PM
can anyone explain to me why there is so many Gerards??
there is 3 so far.
-Ezra's childhood friend
-the guy in the council (forgot his name)
-and now Mist gun

Mist gun being revealed like that sucks. he just lost a ton of cool points. hopefully it has a deeper meaning than just making Ezra freeze.
are they triplets or something?? so far 2 of the 3 is evil.

Belisar
January 28, 2009, 04:35 PM
oh no, not a remake of gerard vs natsu fight again.
luxus kicks natsu. natsu gives his best but loses. than luxus insult fairy tail and says that friends sucks. natsu explodes in rage and beats up luxus. luxus defeated. -.-

am i the only one who want to see the bad guys/luxus win? at least should luxus show natsu his place and right before delievering the finishing blow, someone will come in and tells them about makarov. fight over and they are all going to the old man.

bittman
January 28, 2009, 05:39 PM
Luxus won't listen to anything about the old man until some sense is whacked into him. I imagine there will still be a Gazille + Natsu v Luxus, but it may end in a draw more than anything else.

Also, don't know why people think Mistgun being Gerard is lame? I mean come on, predict that you hypocrites. Still, I do see the value in continuing to play the mysterious hooded stranger card, but at least this keeps Erza with some psychological troubles.

Speaking of hypocrites: zelllogan, this arc has already had more plot than a few along the way. If you want every arc to not draw out a little to try cram in both character development and plot but instead want there to be one story (zeref) and result in a 50 chapter manga, you are totally in the wrong place. Fairy Tail's greatest influence is One Piece, the manga-ka is in no rush to look like finishing this by ignoring 3/4 of his characters and abandoning the arc-heavy style (one piece) for a one-plot style (bleach).

Onomatopoeia
January 28, 2009, 06:16 PM
I shouldn't be surprised really, ever since the first 50 chapters of Rave Master I've always known that Hiro really liked Sieghart's character. This became even more apparent in FT where he started to spam Sieghart designs all over the place and when Gerard started to become exactly like Siegfried. He's following what Sieghart did perfectly too, this is very much like how Sieg became the good guy's only(Haru's dad the other super high tier died, similar to Makarov??) super high tier. But he never really worked with the good guys all that much.

But the original is always the best. And Gerard can't hope to compare to Sieg's extremely badass end.

Pirulito
January 28, 2009, 07:07 PM
The plot was definied chapters ago:
It's Natsu + Gazille vs Luxus. Because of that, I am not mad about Mistgun leaving the scene. (In my prediction, Mistgun would lose treasonably after him show his superiority)

And I'm with Bittman about Mistgun/Gerard or not subject. A manga is a sequence of events and this event is only a tip of the iceberg. If it is a lame or not, the future chapters will tell to us.

I am only afraid about Erza. I want the image of her being preserved. Fairy Tail isn't a manga for psychological troubles.

Sieglein.

Shimon
January 28, 2009, 08:48 PM
What an amazing plot twist!!! Man I can't believe Mistgun's true identity!!!
Hiro is such a genius there are so many ways he could take this story. I really hope that Natsu wins this upcoming fight that would be so cool. Master Ivan might even be linked with some society of dark magic and he is planning on using Fairy Tail. :)

Koen
January 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
:oh is mashima out of character designs... I don't like this identity of mistgun. It's better to have a good explanation for that later on. Anyway the battle itself between luxus and mistgun was really great. So it's natsu' turn, I hope. Then again I fear the electric shock wasn't of the seize to take out erza. I really hope this isn't an erza fight again which ends with natsu helping her, etc... Nah let's get to it luxus vs natsu

pongy
January 29, 2009, 10:17 AM
Fairy tail is taking a little too much time to deliver the main scenario.
It is obvious that in the end zeref will be the bad guy. It is obvious that gerard (or his clones, brothers, ... whatever) will be zeref's new body. It is obvious that zeref and the disparition of all dragons are somehow linked.

Why the author is taking so much times with arcs like this one (the fairy tail battle royale) ? We're already at chapter 120 and there isn't yet a main story fully developped.

I love fairy tail but this lack of substance is a little annoying. There isn't really a connection thread between the arcs. The author is just throwing every now and then a different shocking element ... it's time to have the connection between all elements

No offense, but I think that Fairy Tail's pace of development in story is great. It's neither too fast nor too slow.. compared to the draggy, slow-paced, boring Bleach which has been going on for some time now.

As for Gerard, I guess we still have to see the whole story behind it. The only things revealed about Mistgun so far is his face and the reason to why he puts people to sleep when he takes missions. We'll see how this turn out.

Belisar
January 29, 2009, 10:28 AM
maan, gerard must have a twisted personality. ^^
gerard is a s-class mage. mistgun is a s-class mage. but what about their tatoo? it's the same. they know each other but are not the same person. clones, twin brothers?

zelllogan
January 29, 2009, 10:43 AM
No offense, but I think that Fairy Tail's pace of development in story is great. It's neither too fast nor too slow.. compared to the draggy, slow-paced, boring Bleach which has been going on for some time now.

As for Gerard, I guess we still have to see the whole story behind it. The only things revealed about Mistgun so far is his face and the reason to why he puts people to sleep when he takes missions. We'll see how this turn out.
Compared to bleach, almost everything is fast paced (I still consider Hueco mundo as the worst arc in shounen's history). Anyway, I don't like this chapter one bit. There is no story. Currently, the author is, as I say, throwing elements every now and then without explanations. It's easy to do so and it's boring. Mistgun's character was destroyed in one chapter.

There are still people who love this kind of revelations but that's exactly what's destroying a manga. And I don't have that much faith in the author's work. I have seen how he destroyed RAVE. I don't want the same thing for fairy tail.

I love fairy tail and I enjoy almost every chapter but I have several concerns:
- a lot of different unlinked elements without explanations
- Is Fairy tail's universe rich enough for a long shounen ? There is no rules, no limit concerning magics. There isn't a concept like nen, chakra, energy, devil fruit, ki, ... It's just magic. Besides fairy tail's guild there are almost no important places. There is no powerful evil organization.
- Characters are only wandering around fighting everyone ... but there is no goal behind it. It's just an happy family fighting for different little missions (and now we have the family fight to know who is the man in the house). Where is the "save the world"/"conquer the world" goal of every shounen ?

It's time for explanations ... everyone is in place, time to deliver the main scenario

LoS
January 29, 2009, 11:26 AM
There is no powerful evil organization.

- Characters are only wandering around fighting everyone ... but there is no goal behind it.

Where is the "save the world"/"conquer the world" goal of every shounen ?

There is no organization that we know of, yet!!! That organization with Urtear and those aiming to awaken Zeref seems to be pretty evil.

There will be a goal once the dragons and 777 stuff gets cleared up.

Whoever is behind gathering the power of the dragons probably has the means to destroy the world.

Patta
January 29, 2009, 11:33 AM
There are still people who love this kind of revelations but that's exactly what's destroying a manga. And I don't have that much faith in the author's work. I have seen how he destroyed RAVE. I don't want the same thing for fairy tail.

I am currently reading rave and I am very curious about how he should have destroyed it in your opinion. Even though being at chapter 24 don't mind the spoiling^^.

Mooncrow
January 29, 2009, 11:34 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Fairy Tail probably isn't a good reading choice for you, and you should probably avoid One Piece as well. You're assumptions are unfounded, and what appears obvious to you, very likely isn't. Mashima is a master of the unexpected twist, and rather than start with a hugely complex world, he prefers to slowly build one.

Zeref may be the end bad guy, but I think it's more likely that he's a piece of something much larger. We also have the "Dragon King Feast" to tie in, along with Lucy's mother's connection to that. Also, the head of the mage council is likely up to something, and we still haven't got a good look at how the government is setup, aside from the fact that all is not right with it (Evaroo).

Bits and pieces of a tapestry, all waiting to be woven together. I would be shocked if Fairy Tail was more than a third of the way done, and could probably go on for longer than that. The Gerard/Mistgun thing is rather shocking, no question, but I'm willing to give Mashima the benefit of the doubt and let him take it someplace awesome. Because that is what he tends to do^^

Dra
January 29, 2009, 04:11 PM
Man. I was incredibly disappointed in this chapter. Seriously, Gerard again? And what a convenient way to get rid of Erza. I don't want Natsu to pull a Naruto and become such a 2-dimensional "OMG I GOTTA BE THE STRONGEST RAWR" type of character, but whatever.

The past 20 chapters of Fairy Tail just didn't do it for me. Everything through Erza's arc was refreshing, nice and tight, and then it seemed to fall into junk as if the author was saying "Well, I dunno what to do now and I don't wanna start the Dragonslayer arc yet lol." But I guess the author DID admit on paper that he had no idea what he was doing (i.e. no big, complete plan for the manga). Guess I'll just skim the translations from now on and wait and see. :/

krash101
January 29, 2009, 04:47 PM
I dont think he is or is some clone of Gerard, period. Its an illusion its his specialty, clearly. He knew of Gerard and quickly used it to cover his own face (maybe seeing Erza triggered something in memory its not important) which is why he said "erza i wanted you at least not to see this face" . Thats also why I think Luxus says, Oh? A familiar face? Seeing as how Luxus said hes seen Mistgun, why would he question what it looks like?

As far as Natsu and Erza's reactions are concerned, I think they were just jumping to conclusions of seeing him again.

But I could be wrong.

Charlie
January 30, 2009, 02:45 AM
can anyone explain to me why there is so many Gerards??
there is 3 so far.
-Ezra's childhood friend
-and now Mist gun

Mist gun being revealed like that sucks. he just lost a ton of cool points. hopefully it has a deeper meaning than just making Ezra freeze.
are they triplets or something?? so far 2 of the 3 is evil.

I think thus far we have only seen two Gerards. The one who was building the tower was Ezra's child hood friend.

The guy in the council, was just some kind of astral projection of Gerard who was really at the tower.

Now with the current chapter, Mistgun and the likeness of Gerard that would be two of them. Mistgun said he was not Gerard so I guess we will have to wait and find out what the connection really is.

But I called it right, Mistgun left (lost?) and now it's the main character Natsu Versus Lux.

Overall nice chapter [deleted the Mist = Gerard from memory:eek:], with the attacks and counters, seemd like it was a draw between Lux and Gun. I'm glad the author left it at that and made Mistgun leave. Thereby the hype of Mistgun as one of the legendary sanien lives on and he seems to be worthy of the title, unlike another trio of a different manga.

On a side note, one more post and I shall reach 100 post's, shortly therafter; I shall be over 9,000! :smile-big:guns:beer:turtle:yaha.

Gustmin
January 30, 2009, 06:18 AM
I dont think he is or is some clone of Gerard, period. Its an illusion its his specialty, clearly. He knew of Gerard and quickly used it to cover his own face (maybe seeing Erza triggered something in memory its not important) which is why he said "erza i wanted you at least not to see this face" . Thats also why I think Luxus says, Oh? A familiar face? Seeing as how Luxus said hes seen Mistgun, why would he question what it looks like?

As far as Natsu and Erza's reactions are concerned, I think they were just jumping to conclusions of seeing him again.

But I could be wrong.

I don't really think its an illusion. If so he could have used an other disguise. And with with Luxus saying " Oh? A familiar face? " I think more he is suprised that erza has seen that face before, thinking he only knew M.G. his true face .

But I could easely adopt your version since it would be better fitting M.G. not being a gerard clone.

Pirulito
January 30, 2009, 07:27 AM
It's not a illusion because Luxus already had seen Mistgun's face.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/11/

zelllogan
January 30, 2009, 08:10 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Fairy Tail probably isn't a good reading choice for you, and you should probably avoid One Piece as well. You're assumptions are unfounded, and what appears obvious to you, very likely isn't. Mashima is a master of the unexpected twist, and rather than start with a hugely complex world, he prefers to slowly build one.

Zeref may be the end bad guy, but I think it's more likely that he's a piece of something much larger. We also have the "Dragon King Feast" to tie in, along with Lucy's mother's connection to that. Also, the head of the mage council is likely up to something, and we still haven't got a good look at how the government is setup, aside from the fact that all is not right with it (Evaroo).

Bits and pieces of a tapestry, all waiting to be woven together. I would be shocked if Fairy Tail was more than a third of the way done, and could probably go on for longer than that. The Gerard/Mistgun thing is rather shocking, no question, but I'm willing to give Mashima the benefit of the doubt and let him take it someplace awesome. Because that is what he tends to do^^
Several things:
* I'm a huge fan of one piece.
* I think I know myself what kind of mangas are good for me. This kind of remarks is annoying. Plus, I think that people who are reading Fairy Tail read one piece before because the art and the main characters are so close
* You're telling it yourself: "Bits and pieces of a tapestry, all waiting to be woven together." or "we still haven't got a good look at how the government is setup". It's already chapter 120, I'm a little annoyed of waiting.

Fairy Tail is a great manga, it's in my Top-3 of 2008 (even though I hate this chapter). Characters are great, I love the art, battles are well thought, it's funny, ... But isn't there anyone who think that Mashima should begin to link events together ?

That said, I had the same kind of problems with one piece at the beginning. But one piece have other qualities: that craziness, that fun, that tempo ... and that style (not only graphical).

I stop here with my posts on the subject.

I am currently reading rave and I am very curious about how he should have destroyed it in your opinion. Even though being at chapter 24 don't mind the spoiling^^.
I thought the manga would end after the defeat of the king. I didn't get why it continued. And I don't remember a lot of things post- "demon card first complete defeat". I just remember I didn't like it. To me it was like the author telling me "I finished the manga once but lets continue by resurrecting demon card"

Pirulito
January 30, 2009, 08:36 AM
I agree with you on some aspects, zelllogan.

But every mangaka have its style of leading the plot.
Fairy Tail is Lucy's narrative, not Natsu saga to find Igneel or magical world vs Zeref. Fairy Tail don't have pre-plot, have events.

What Mashima is doing, and I know you know what, is creating events that are emerging to the most important plot on Fairy Tail. But we don't know how events are necessary to this, and that lack of information is annoying, of course.

But the manga is still good. So, we must have patience. Dont be mad about it.

Host Samurai
January 31, 2009, 06:38 AM
I was shocked when Luxus revealed Mistgun face. I thought not Gerard again...he probably destroyed my image of Mistgun being awesome for a second but after i re-read chapter 119 again and what Luxus said to Mistgun before the fight caught my attention! http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/119/16/ I wonder how many of them share the same face and about the evil organization i think Luxus father with his guild are good candidates for that. I think Mashima won't dissapoint us with the whole Gerard/ Mistgun situation. ;)

Kravmaga
February 01, 2009, 08:19 PM
Compared to bleach, almost everything is fast paced (I still consider Hueco mundo as the worst arc in shounen's history). Anyway, I don't like this chapter one bit. There is no story. Currently, the author is, as I say, throwing elements every now and then without explanations. It's easy to do so and it's boring. Mistgun's character was destroyed in one chapter.

I love fairy tail and I enjoy almost every chapter but I have several concerns:
- a lot of different unlinked elements without explanations
- Is Fairy tail's universe rich enough for a long shounen ? There is no rules, no limit concerning magics. There isn't a concept like nen, chakra, energy, devil fruit, ki, ... It's just magic. Besides fairy tail's guild there are almost no important places. There is no powerful evil organization.
- Characters are only wandering around fighting everyone ... but there is no goal behind it. It's just an happy family fighting for different little missions (and now we have the family fight to know who is the man in the house). Where is the "save the world"/"conquer the world" goal of every shounen ?

It's time for explanations ... everyone is in place, time to deliver the main scenario

I agree with all of your points except the last one. While I don't see anything wrong with characters roaming around and fighting for nothing more than paying the rent and comical purposes, I find the whole saving the world thing to be so overdone to death that I would applaud any author's efforts to steer away from that flavor.
The way evil seems to be portrayed in FT seems more going towards a "corruption within society" rather than a clearly defined evil group complete with cheesy uniforms and sempiternal goal of taking over the world.

That said, the main reason why I find FT to be utterly refreshing is really because of a combination of its pace and the way it chooses to portray action.
It really kills me whenever some main character is given the whole "you are not strong enough but soon will be" scenario to digest and some bad guy decides to poofs away for sake of convenience.
In FT, fights are action packed, brutal and satisfying. Bad guys who act like pricks get to eat their words and characters that are portrayed to be at the summit of power still bleed when cut, bruise when punched and give into fear and remorse when they are about to lose.

I couldn't care less if luxus' father turns out to be pikatchu and lucy's crying beardy relative turns out to be another gerard, as long as the action delivers the goods and dodges the cliches that's imo killing shonens in general.

Patta
February 02, 2009, 04:34 PM
I agree with all of your points except the last one. While I don't see anything wrong with characters roaming around and fighting for nothing more than paying the rent and comical purposes, I find the whole saving the world thing to be so overdone to death that I would applaud any author's efforts to steer away from that flavor.
The way evil seems to be portrayed in FT seems more going towards a "corruption within society" rather than a clearly defined evil group complete with cheesy uniforms and sempiternal goal of taking over the world.

That said, the main reason why I find FT to be utterly refreshing is really because of a combination of its pace and the way it chooses to portray action.
It really kills me whenever some main character is given the whole "you are not strong enough but soon will be" scenario to digest and some bad guy decides to poofs away for sake of convenience.
In FT, fights are action packed, brutal and satisfying. Bad guys who act like pricks get to eat their words and characters that are portrayed to be at the summit of power still bleed when cut, bruise when punched and give into fear and remorse when they are about to lose.

I couldn't care less if luxus' father turns out to be pikatchu and lucy's crying beardy relative turns out to be another gerard, as long as the action delivers the goods and dodges the cliches that's imo killing shonens in general.

Great opinion you got there. I won't go in the details since most of the things mentioned are fitting in with my view. I really think that I just learned how to appreciate a good-argumented position because of the recent Mist Gun-flaming which let most of the readers forgot what they have really liked about Fairy Tail.

Sportgal1
February 02, 2009, 09:01 PM
i don't like how mistgun was revealed to be another gerard, but it'll hopefully turn out to be an interesting twist. what i wonder is whether or not it's his natural face, or if his face was changed.

too bad luxus and mistgun's fight didn't continue. it looked like it was going to get interesting once they stopped trying to trick each other and went full out. we just saw erza and natsu fight, we didn't need it to happen again quite so soon.

The Adamant Dragon
February 03, 2009, 01:00 AM
I was shocked when Luxus revealed Mistgun face. I thought not Gerard again...he probably destroyed my image of Mistgun being awesome for a second but after i re-read chapter 119 again and what Luxus said to Mistgun before the fight caught my attention! http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/119/16/ I wonder how many of them share the same face and about the evil organization i think Luxus father with his guild are good candidates for that. I think Mashima won't dissapoint us with the whole Gerard/ Mistgun situation.

I've been thinking about that too Fellow. Mashima must have a good reason to Vibe-Down this Epic character.. Mistgun being another Gerard was definitly a huge let down, since he was one of the best Iconic figures in this Manga.

But anyway, he must be planning something important, at some level the "Mistgun-Case" is more intriguing than Disapointing, 'cause I'm expecting the autor to surprise us with something completely unexpected. Then this chapter will have all its meaning when we reach that part of the manga.

Now I'm wondering who will be the next to lead "Fairy-Tail"... since the Old man is reaching the end of his rope. I can't wait to see what Mashima has in mind for us.

fizban
February 03, 2009, 02:28 AM
The new leader will be Plue. We'll all be surprised by this but not too much since Lucy did take out Dolly (Bixlow?)

KaNx
February 03, 2009, 03:27 AM
The chapter has been released. You may view it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/121).

LoS
February 03, 2009, 03:41 AM
Damnit, fucking Erza always have to interfere. Although, that new look of hers was cool, everything except for the staff standing upright over her head.

Natsu at the end sure did get Luxus' attention.

Shrimp
February 03, 2009, 07:27 AM
From what I could decypher, Erza was using an armor that protects against lightning... no surprise there... And I think the "staff standing upright over her head" is just her weapon's handle (it looks more like some kind of spear, than her usual swords... but I think we've seen her use an axe in her last fight, right ?)

So... she's going to let Natsu fight by himself ? He sure looked angry at the end, I guess next chapter we'll get to see a nice fight ^^

Koen
February 03, 2009, 07:35 AM
For a second I thought my moments of glory would end. I feared erza would take this battle and natsu had to jump in later on like in the sieg fight. But then some pages later, I see erza running away prolly taking another job (dismantling the balls?) and yeah, natsu is going to fight Luxus. That makes me happy

Pirulito
February 03, 2009, 08:02 AM
Well, next chapter is a bit obvious now. Luxus beating Natsu and Gazille arrives.

And I have a feeling this battle will be better than Natsu vs Gazille(the best, in my opinion)

Patta
February 03, 2009, 09:02 AM
The first time we saw that Luxus took physical attacks in! And I also begin to like his second fighting-style which is similiar to Natsu's; boosting punches and kicks with additional magic-power. Good to know that he don't use that fast warping/teleport too often but somehow I'm getting the feeling that Luxus was made looking most time invincible and now he suddenly gets pushed down while Natsu gets pushed up. And the next chapter's title is "Solitude and Thunder" which probably means there will be a flashback of Luxus and some part of his life. By getting to know some character like Luxus (the "super badass") too well he gets weaker for the reader's perpective. What I mean and am afraid of is that H.Mashima could do all this so that Luxus will lose in the endto Natsu.

pongy
February 03, 2009, 09:57 AM
Yes, Erza went off to take out all the thunder balls thing and left Luxus to Natsu. Here's a short summary of the Thai translation (credit goes to Ju-da-su):

Luxus calls Natsu a weakling. Erza gets up and says she will think about Mistgun matter later and then faces Luxus. Luxus says in about 2 minutes the kaminariden aka thunder balls will destroy the city. Erza asks Natsu to get rid of them but he refuses. So she asks Natsu to take care of Luxus and leaves to get rid of the balls. It ends with Natsu using fire dragon breathe at Luxus and Luxus calls Natsu a weakling (again).

Kravmaga
February 03, 2009, 03:01 PM
Well, next chapter is a bit obvious now. Luxus beating Natsu and Gazille arrives.

And I have a feeling this battle will be better than Natsu vs Gazille(the best, in my opinion)

I don't know... I've come to learn not to predict too much with FT from being surprised by pretty much every battle I've seen so far.

Lots of things were done very subtly such as makarov's pain being where he was wounded by master jose and how gazille was given so much conflicting emotions that no one knows who he'll side with...
What if natsu somehow beats luxus and then defends him from gazille who shows up and tries to kill him/them both?
I saw foreshadowing of natsu turning luxus good from natsu's conversation with makarov a few chapters back with natsu being the one who would forgive him for screwing up, as opposed to makarov who didn't forgive his dad.
I could also see mistgun shielding erza from fatal lightning feedback, the glasses girl stopping the fight in a brutally anticlimactic end to the arc with some new bad guy knocking in, or even makarov showing up somehow now that the barrier is down and the misanthropist old lady came to help him.

In any case, I pray that you are correct and this fight goes on uninterrupted and lives up to the massive expectations the author has given me so far.

shinsengumi
February 04, 2009, 05:21 PM
it's a matter of fortitude for Natsu.He doesn't have any counter against lightning.it's all about if he can avoid being hit and even if he's hit can he take it.there isn't any fire he can eat to boost him up either so i don't know if he can defeat Luxus.I think he will do whatever he can and Gazille will arrive to finish him

sharingan_kakashi
February 04, 2009, 08:43 PM
He can always eat his lightning. He did it before. Then he will dominate him and make him realize the wrong in his ways.

shinsengumi
February 04, 2009, 08:58 PM
well i'm not sure of that,i don't remember Natsu eating lightning before(maybe you can post a link to refresh my memory^^). lightning appears and disappears in the speed of light so i don't think Natsu would have the chance to eat it(unless Luxus throws a ball of lightning or charges him with lightning continuously or something like that) . but you sure have a point, if he does eat that lightning, he sure will own Luxus for good

Charlie
February 04, 2009, 09:31 PM
Man that last page was pure awesomeness, incredible!!!
I loved the facial expression/ drawing that Natsu had. The
chapter was alright with the highlight being the last page obviously.

Hope Natsu can go all out on Luxus he needs someone to own him badly.

LoS
February 05, 2009, 03:39 AM
Actually Natsu has eaten some of Luxus' lightning in the past, and it completely messed him up. Happy remarked on this after he ate the Aetherion, Happy said last time Natsu was sick like this was when he tried to eat some of Luxus' lightning.

malloween
February 05, 2009, 10:38 AM
natsu might be able to defeat luxus but maybe not by eating lighting..maybe release some of the aetherion that he can't digest or maybe his flames will change..hehe.. i guess when this arc is over its gonna be EZRAxMISTGUN arc or DRAGON KING FEAST arc...

CaptFamous
February 08, 2009, 03:32 PM
Him winning will have nothing to do with eating lightning. As said above, he tried it once, and it didn't work. The reason he got a power-up from the aetherion is because there was very powerful fire magic mixed in with it. Then he got sick, because it also had a lot of other things he couldn't handle.

kkck
February 08, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hi people! I just started reading this manga, and I have to say it is pretty good. I liked the chapter, set up the scene for an epic fight and even now it is pretty epic. I dont want the old man to die...

BTW I have found some character from rave masters every now and then, in chapter 47 (let and julia) and later on I found elie and julia in that hotel after the whole tower incident. Has anyone else found more rave amster characters?

Patta
February 09, 2009, 01:36 AM
BTW I have found some character from rave masters every now and then, in chapter 47 (let and julia) and later on I found elie and julia in that hotel after the whole tower incident. Has anyone else found more rave amster characters?

PLUE! He has the same design and name but his abilities in FT are still unknown. While the reading I noticed many characters' design in Rave to be the prototype for others in FT. For Example one of the assault team has the same hear plus scar as Elfman and I noticed some similiarities between Musica and Gray, too. I think there are too many things in Rave to count which is in common to FT.

Edit: Sieglein! The most similiar character between those mangas ;)

kkck
February 09, 2009, 11:01 AM
I didnt mention plue because it was too obvious though lol. Seiglein does look like seighard(and names sound similar lol) and they also have the same tatoo.

Anyways, shouldnt erza be desintegrated when she attacks all those electrical spheres at once? Even if she is wearing a lightining resistant armor it seems a little too much...

EvilSniffles
February 09, 2009, 03:05 PM
Him winning will have nothing to do with eating lightning. As said above, he tried it once, and it didn't work. The reason he got a power-up from the aetherion is because there was very powerful fire magic mixed in with it. Then he got sick, because it also had a lot of other things he couldn't handle.

aetherion I don't think is fire magic per say, its just highly condensed magic.

KaNx
February 09, 2009, 03:38 PM
The chapter has been released. You may view it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/122).

rukori
February 09, 2009, 04:28 PM
Man the speed of this series is amazing... that's a full week ahead no?:smile-big Why is it coming so fast?

LoS
February 09, 2009, 05:34 PM
Well what do you know, somehow it just so happens that nearly all the fairy tail members who were down for the count suddenly mysteriously regained consciousness at the same time and all had some reserve power left to help take out the lightning lachryma. Hmmmmm kind of fishy and pathetic storyline we got here.

Natsu is in a world of trouble next chapter, Luxus is seriously overloading his system. He is oozing lightning, I mean look its emitting from his damn mouth. Poor Natsu, Luxus means business and wants to take out his anger on someone, and guess who is closest. Yep, you got that right, Natsu you are.

Oh also, on a side note. Does anyone find it odd that Luxus has such a care free, almost nonchalant facial expression in some panels, but then in the next panel his face shows immense surprise/worry? It is entirely too inconsistent. If Luxus is confident his face should remain so, he cant keep going back and forth from a face displaying a supreme care free attitude, to one where it looks like he is shitting his pants.

Also, I must add that I am very happy that it didn't take Erza alone to take out the Lachryma. That would have been another cop out move.

Shrimp
February 09, 2009, 06:03 PM
Oh also, on a side note. Does anyone find it odd that Luxus has such a care free, almost nonchalant facial expression in some panels, but then in the next panel his face shows immense surprise/worry? It is entirely too inconsistent. If Luxus is confident his face should remain so, he cant keep going back and forth from a face displaying a supreme care free attitude, to one where it looks like he is shitting his pants.

He's just that crazy I guess. It's somewhat similar to other manga characters, like Duval from One Piece for example : he looks almost normal most of the time, but when he gets angry he changes completely, in Duval's case it was the way he talks, for Luxus it's his facial expression...

But I'm quite happy to see that most FT members seem alright ; perhaps Luxus' lieutenents still saw them as comrades and went easy on them, who knows ?

Pirulito
February 09, 2009, 07:15 PM
The power of love and friendship moves that manga. lol
Well, it's silly but because of that I don't complain about all the fairy tail members suddenly regained consciousness and help Erza.

Fairy Tail is just simple, too shonen.

Charlie
February 10, 2009, 12:22 AM
Looks like a nice chapter from the raw, haven't seen the english trans. yet so I don't know what they were talking about. Looks like Luxus is getting serious and as LoS said, Natsu might be in trouble. I want to see what Natsu can do.

fizban
February 10, 2009, 01:28 AM
I prefer the others gaining enough strength back to take out the crystals rather than Erza doing it all herself. If somebody as powerful as Jubia (lluvia or lubricate or however you want to pronounce it now) was defeated by just one then Erza would have had to die for it to be alright for her to take out the others by herself.

I wonder how some of them took out the crystals. Not everybody is like Gray with magic that can be launched out. The guy who can read minds had his work cut out for him

LoS
February 10, 2009, 03:10 AM
Fairy Tail is just simple, too shonen.

And sadly I do not see it changing at all in the foreseeable future. I cant say I want it to change into a seinen manga, but I would rather it become more adult and stop treating the readers like they are all pre-teen's.

Pirulito
February 10, 2009, 08:00 AM
Fairy Tail have a target audience: pre-teen's and/or carefree people. Maybe I would rather it become more adult but I think changing the style of work would be a disrespect for people that are reading FT precisely because of this style.

Fairy Tail is proposed to be that way.

Ah, now, after the translation, things are clear: Warren woke the members. This makes things less fishy ^^

LoS
February 10, 2009, 10:09 AM
What's good is that next chapter is double dragon, and I am happy Natsu isn't going to get the typical Shonen powerup. Well he just might but I hope not at this point in the fight.

CaptFamous
February 10, 2009, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't say it's totally unreasonable that they all are still OK. They fight amongst themselves almost all the time, and they've survived to this point. I get the point about Lluvia, but I think it's more an issue of her being over-weak than Erza being over-strong. I mean, she took a shot from that hyper-beam cannon thing in the Phantom Lord arc. Maybe there's some sort of elemental lightning vs. water deal? Who knows, whatever. She wasn't even unconscious.

As far as Luxus' mood swings, as time went on, and parts of his plan fell apart, the confident air became more of an act. When he stopped thinking about it, he'd get the crazy face.

I don't see this fight actually reaching a conclusion. I bet it gets broken up when someone announces that Makarov is dying.

Antonik
February 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Does double dragon mean that both Dragon Slayers will be fighting together? :)

Kravmaga
February 11, 2009, 05:34 PM
I waited to comment on this chapter til the translated version was out and tbh, it's not really as bad as everyone here is making it out to be...

Erza tanking 200 lightning bolts isn't comparable to lluvia getting raped by one, imo. Erza was always portrayed as a stamina monster and did use her lightning empress armor whereas lluvia's power makes her proficient at dodging and therefore it's possible that she's much less experienced in taking hits.

Also, this chapter really made the telepathic dude shine and show that even magic that isn't geared towards punching fire, shooting lasers or turning into beasts can still be lifesavingly useful; that's a good moral in a story where the bad guy is trying to imply that unless you can beat people, you are weak and useless to the guild.

Also, this chapter makes clear what luxus expects. He apparently is still misguided into thinking his old man is conscious and will wave the french flag at him for the sake of the town.

But sure, there was a bit of cheesy friends power and it wasn't as action packed as usual...

Patta
February 11, 2009, 06:48 PM
Erza tanking 200 lightning bolts isn't comparable to lluvia getting raped by one, imo. Erza was always portrayed as a stamina monster and did use her lightning empress armor whereas lluvia's power makes her proficient at dodging and therefore it's possible that she's much less experienced in taking hits.

Additional to that Lluvia used her water magic to get to that lacryma and to destroy it which means she took an enforced damage since you all know the "lightning and water" story.

Ju-da-su
February 17, 2009, 06:48 AM
I am fully aware that I have no right to do this, but . . . where are all the admins, I don't know . . . >_<"

New chapter is already out here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/123). Feel free to discuss the chapter and predict about the next chapter here . . . >_<"

PS. FT mods, can you put this up to the sticky? >_<" Sorry, I know it's not right for me to post this, but the chapter is already out for 6 hours and still no discussion thread, so . . . -_-"

It's okay :hbunny

Pirulito
February 17, 2009, 07:20 AM
Nothing to comment too much about the chapter.

Good double page!

Stoc15
February 17, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'm gonna have to say I don't have much to comment on this chapter. Although, it is pretty hard to translate it at the moment...I get the action, though!

EDIT: I can't wait for the next chapter! Triple Dragon? That's gonna be sick!

hitworm
February 17, 2009, 08:45 AM
Luxus talks a lot and he is weak like sh**.
Lightning this and that and he's not been able to knock Natsu out.
Erza only needed 1 hit.

Stoc15
February 17, 2009, 08:54 AM
1. Luxus isn't that weak, although he does have major issues. His grandfather is one of the Ten Holy Mages, he's a part of one of the most strongest guilds in the Fairy Tail world, and he has continually faced foes with his guild. How can you not have issues from that?!

2. Natsu is the hero of the story, and he was raised and taught by Igneel. Luxus' thunder attacks won't kill Natsu, and Natsu is known for his attitude and stamina. Luxus doesn't stand a chance.

3. Ezra is incredibly strong. She's an S rank for god's sake! She's got the moves and the skills to take down every single person in Fairy Tail, although that might be pushing it a little.

ZealoticBlade
February 17, 2009, 09:47 AM
Erza took out 200 of the lachryma while everyone else could just manage one. Even Grey could only hit 4. :V

That's... an enormous difference. Even considering she's considered to be one of the most broken people in the series currently. Even considering that the others just got through fights.

Even if you take into account the fact that she was probably wearing Lightning Emperor Armor when she absorbed the damage - Flame Emperor Armor only reduces fire damage by half. If Lightning Emperor Armor works the same way, she absorbed the damage of 100. That's still... an enormous difference.

Honestly I think Erza is pretty hax. I think she's going to be the next guild leader - her power and her personality are the most suited to it.

Stoc15
February 17, 2009, 10:23 AM
Erza took out 200 of the lachryma while everyone else could just manage one. Even Grey could only hit 4. :V

That's... an enormous difference. Even considering she's considered to be one of the most broken people in the series currently. Even considering that the others just got through fights.

Even if you take into account the fact that she was probably wearing Lightning Emperor Armor when she absorbed the damage - Flame Emperor Armor only reduces fire damage by half. If Lightning Emperor Armor works the same way, she absorbed the damage of 100. That's still... an enormous difference.

Honestly I think Erza is pretty hax. I think she's going to be the next guild leader - her power and her personality are the most suited to it.

1. Ezra is going to be the Guild Leader, because there is no way that Luxus could ever become the leader. If Luxus did, Natsu would go like: "Igneel, attack!" And then, our favorite dragon will dance out of the hot springs and beat up Luxus. XD.

2. Most people in the Fairy Tail guild right now are recovering from their respective fights. Lucy and Loki just took down Bixlow, Erza just fought down the lachryma, and Makarov is still recovering from the Phantom Lord arc. It's a miracle that they can keep on going!

EvilSniffles
February 17, 2009, 01:10 PM
I hope the fight lasts a while, it would be a small letdown if it doesn't last to 1.5 chapters. The fact that natsu is getting his butt kicked shows the difference in power. Its more realistic to say. Though he is not filled with emotions as his previous kickassery.

CaptFamous
February 17, 2009, 01:53 PM
Good chapter. Not a lot happens, and people guessed a lot of what did happen from the title last week.

fizban
February 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
Not a lot to talk about this week. Punch punch, rar rar, there's Gazille like we were told. My original post in this thread was just predictions for the chapter next week so that should show how memorable this week was.

But I do hope that next week we see that Gazille kept some of the silverware to eat for a power-up

Belisar
February 17, 2009, 03:43 PM
Erza only needed 1 hit.
plot no jutsu. he isn't weak. it's just this manga resembles dragonball. natsu was beaten up by sieglein and then *bam* he defeats him, one of the holy ten mages. this kind of story sucks. he was nowhere near eza and suddenly he can fight one on one with the second strongest s-class mage of his guild? common!
ok, luxus fought against erza and mistgun, but he is strong enough to beat natsu. if he loses, i stop reading this manga.
[hr]

1. Ezra is going to be the Guild Leader, because there is no way that Luxus could ever become the leader. If Luxus did, Natsu would go like: "Igneel, attack!" And then, our favorite dragon will dance out of the hot springs and beat up Luxus. XD.

not erza but mira. she is older, stronger and everyone likes her. makarov said himself that erza is too young.

Stoc15
February 17, 2009, 04:58 PM
plot no jutsu. he isn't weak. it's just this manga resembles dragonball. natsu was beaten up by sieglein and then *bam* he defeats him, one of the holy ten mages. this kind of story sucks. he was nowhere near eza and suddenly he can fight one on one with the second strongest s-class mage of his guild? common!
ok, luxus fought against erza and mistgun, but he is strong enough to beat natsu. if he loses, i stop reading this manga.
<hr noshade size="1">

not erza but mira. she is older, stronger and everyone likes her. makarov said himself that erza is too young.

Um, I hate to burst your bubble. You are a bit wrong. Do you know why? It turns out Mirajane and Ezra are the same age: 19! The only person who seems old enough is Bixlow, and he isn't qualified for it just yet. Or ever...

Kravmaga
February 18, 2009, 01:52 AM
plot no jutsu. he isn't weak. it's just this manga resembles dragonball.

I disagree. Dragonball would make the stronger character not even take a single punch or break a sweat winning.
FT shows fights that are so much more dynamic and better choreographed.
Luxus ate a couple punches and a flameburst even though he's way beyond natsu's level in every respect and while bixlow had skills that were so much more powerful than lucy, he still went down when punched.
In other words, none of that dbz I'm-stronger-than-you-so-you-can't-even-touch-me crap.

natsu was beaten up by sieglein and then *bam* he defeats him, one of the holy ten mages. this kind of story sucks. he was nowhere near eza and suddenly he can fight one on one with the second strongest s-class mage of his guild? common!

Natsu was berserk from seing erza's nakama die as well as erza herself crying, activating his flames of emotions and then ate anatherion which happened to be around conveniently within his reach and conveniently happened to contain the highest level of fire magic. Call it pnj, or whatever tickles your fancy, but it's as believable as any shonen pnj.

I mean no offense by this but you don't need to justify yourself to any of us nor to the author; you can stop reading any second you decide it.
That said, I personally like this manga especially because it doesn't set us up for long arcs over arcs of pointless power ups before natsu can beat a bad guy; he just does because he's the good guy, simple as that. No need to explain it with complex rules or throw flashback panels at us to justify it.
I detest the whole power level thing with a passion and I don't understand why people seem to cling onto it with such fanaticism.
Heroes in movies, books and any story in general beat the bad guys against all odds to illustrate the moral of their story; why doesn't anyone bitch that david defeated goliath or that hercules killed medusa? that's pnj for you to point out right there!

Finally something we agree on; mira has a personality that is much closer to makarov's. She's the easygoing nice person with an ideal geared towards love and peace to until she gets pissed and turns into a giant.
While I like erza's character better, I really don't see her as the headmaster.

hitworm
February 18, 2009, 08:32 AM
Well, I don't mind if Luxus likes to eat Natsu's punches (while he can turn himself to lighting and dodge them easily).
The problem is he does not seems to be able to defeat Natsu.
Well, his attacks looks stronger, he has lighting all around, but he can not beat his opponent and he keeps eating punches, he does not seem to be stronger than Natsu to me.
And that is not what I expected from someone who claimed to be the strongest in Fairy Tail .

Stoc15
February 18, 2009, 08:45 AM
Well, I don't mind if Luxus likes to eat Natsu's punches (while he can turn himself to lighting and dodge them easily).
Well, his attacks looks stronger, he has lighting all around, but he can not beat his opponent and he keeps eating punches, he does not seem to be stronger than Natsu to me.
And that is not what I expected from someone who claimed to be the strongest in Fairy Tail .
Natsu is attempting to take Luxus down as quick as he can so that the rest of the guild can rest. Luxus eating punches is basically him just sucking up the blows so no one knows he's really in pain. At this point, Natsu should just use Crimson Fire Dragon Fist/Emotional Flare and just take Luxus down. This fight should go on for at least two more chapters, as the title 'Triple Dragon' is very interesting, but it shouldn't be too prolonged.

Big Al
February 18, 2009, 09:03 AM
Not much to said about this chapter...knew this going to happen anyway.

The only thing I wanna talk about next week chapter is "Triple Dragon"......Who is the third dragonslayer? (I assume that the third dragonslayer will come by next week).

I bet you all going to said...Igneel! Yea right, he been hiding for 7 years. I don't think he will come to fight/eat Luxus.

I bet Luxus is third dragonslayer, that he has kept it in secret for all the time? Why, ya may ask...it just a daft idea, lol.

Stoc15
February 18, 2009, 09:24 AM
Not much to said about this chapter...knew this going to happen anyway.

The only thing I wanna talk about next week chapter is "Triple Dragon"......Who is the third dragonslayer? (I assume that the third dragonslayer will come by next week).

I bet you all going to said...Igneel? Yeah right, he been hiding for 7 years. I don't think he will come to fight/eat Luxus.

I bet Luxus is third dragonslayer, that he has kept it in secret for all the time? Why, ya may ask...it just a daft idea, lol.

Here we go, in order:

1. This is a question I have been pondering ever since the next chapter title was revealed. There are only a few select people in the guild who seem to have enough elemental power to prove they have been taught Dragon Slayer. At this point, Luxus or maybe a random guy or two are the only candidates. Also, a female Dragon Slayer may be in the cards.

2. Igneel is not going to come. We saw him after the Paradise Island arc, and that was good enough. If Igneel ever comes in the upcoming arcs, it will probably have to be something that is a great emergency. Luxus is not something that Igneel would waste his time on.

3. As stated before, Luxus may be a candidate. He exhibits high-level thunder magic, and he has high stamina, which the two revealed Dragon Slayers have. Luxus has shown some things that make him a candidate:

*In Chapter 114, 'Love Conquers Everything', Luxus is challenged by 'Zod', a local gangster. The bartender mentions that Zod shouldn't make a mess, suggesting Zod is famous for his killing streaks. At first, Zod gave Luxus a punch that sent him flying. All of the people watching cheered, but then were amazed as Luxus shot a thunderbolt from the 'ground', supposedly knocking out Zod and leaving the gangster half-dead.
*In Chapter 123, 'Double Dragon', Luxus takes multiple hits from Natsu and shows that he has improved his attacks. While Luxus may have been hiding the pain from the strikes, so far it shows he has truly trained.
*Finally, at the end of Chapter 122, 'Solitary Thunder', Luxus shows a technique reminiscent of Emotional Fire. With his brain at its limits, Luxus has thunder surrounding him and blasting out of his pores. In the following chapter, 'Double Dragon', Luxus increases his attacks and shows that everytime he gets angry, the attacks get stronger.

Patta
February 18, 2009, 11:19 AM
The next chapter's title probably just means that Luxus will use an attack which is his strongest and is called "Thunder-Dragon" or something simply as that.

Cheese Ninja
February 18, 2009, 11:55 AM
I've been wondering for the last few chapters as well if Luxus might be using ancient dragon magic. The only reasons I had for dismissing it was that he wasn't an orphan like Natsu and Gazille, and that some of his magic seems to be expressed differently than how Natsu and Gazille do it. First, my arguments against Luxus being a Dragonslayer.

Still, even if he's not an orphan, we don't know all that much about his youth, so it's hardly impossible.

I may be wrong about this, but don't all of Natsu and Gazille's attacks originate in/from their body? Luxus has a number attacks that seem altogether more magical. The Hall of Thunder behaves quite differently from Gazille's metal spikes. And he seems to use ranged attacks that don't originate near his body.

Now, my arguments for:

He seems to have left the Fairy Tail building before the containment spell that affected statues, people over 80, and dragonslayers was activated. We can't know for sure, but it's not that farfetched to assume it was turned on after he left, and not during his time in the building. Perhaps Natsu and Gazille are far older than seem, seeing as they were the only ones given question marks instead of actual ages on the character info pages, but I still don't think they're over 80. Did Luxus know that Ancient Dragon magic somehow would prevent its users from leaving? If he did know, and he is a dragonslayer, he left at just the right time.

As to why his magic manifests differently from Natsu and Gazille, maybe that's just how the dragonslayer lightning magic is, or he's just much better at it than they are. He is Makarov's grandson after all. He could be utilizing a different from of lightning magic with it.

And the biggest reason for him to be a dragonslayer? It's convenient, story wise. I assume there are 7 Dragonslayers, and they all have to be introduced to some degree, at some point in the story.

The translation said that the mangaka just watched "Shoot 'Em Up" that movie is ridiculous, and awesome. Especially when people get fatally stabbed with a carrot. I saw it just last year.

Cybernin
February 18, 2009, 01:16 PM
From what we've seen so far, Dragonslayers can generate their 'element' directly from their body. The big factor is that they increase their strength by consuming their element from another source. Will Natsu needs a flame and Gazelle needs metal, Luxus, being an energy-based dragonslayer? could pull the energy directly out of the air since there is always stray energy all around us, it could explain why he is so powerful.

Patta
February 18, 2009, 01:28 PM
I don't believe Luxus is a dragonslayer since he is 23 years old and Natsu's as well as Gazille's ages are unknown.

CaptFamous
February 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
I can't say I have much of a clue what's going to happen next. Maybe Gildartz will show up? I find it unlikely that Luxus is a slayer, as he has been a member of FT basically his whole life. When would have have learned the magic? Someone would have to know about it.

Also, why doesn't anyone just point out to Luxus that if he takes over the guild by force, everyone will just quit and form a new guild? Isn't that what would happen?

Gustmin
February 18, 2009, 03:35 PM
Or somebody knocks sense into luxus that makarov is almost dead.
Or luxus beats up natsu and gazille and then just leaves knowing he can not take over the guild by force.

And for the title of the next chapter.... maybe it has nothing to do with the current fight!?

bittman
February 18, 2009, 07:53 PM
I don't believe Luxus is a dragonslayer since he is 23 years old and Natsu's as well as Gazille's ages are unknown.
^ This...and other things, but this mainly.

Firstly, Double Dragon? I love that the chapter was titled after an old classic street fighting game.

Secondly, Insane Luxus is fun to watch.

Thirdly, triple dragon probably involves a true combination of Gazille and Natsu's power, perhaps not dissimilar to Lluvia's and Lucy's unison. Before you say "but they don't really like each other", I say biorhythm probably plays more part and its possible. *imagines some sort of molten metal attack and drools*

If it's a third dragon slayer, it might be awesome and everything, but it would be a bit "D=" in the current arc.

fizban
February 18, 2009, 09:50 PM
I agree that it is a bit too early for another Dragonslayer to be introduced. We were teased with the name Wendy in the chapter where Igneel is shown, but I doubt we will see her just yet. It just seems like something they would want to use in a longer saga

meothx
February 18, 2009, 10:09 PM
I think that Mistgun could be a dragonslayer. A mist dragon would be pretty unique but it would be overkill if it was 3v1 like that. Unless Natsu and Gazille did a combination of some sort.

kkck
February 18, 2009, 10:57 PM
Chapter wasnt particularly eventfull IMO, not much to comment on. Only interesting thing is the pair up of both dragons and gazilles acknowledgment of lurxs strength to the point of teaming up with natsu.

Kravmaga
February 19, 2009, 02:03 AM
Maybe that misanthropic old lady healing makarov is the third dragon.

She always wears this long collar that looks reptilian and she always blabbers about how she hates humans...

punsen
February 19, 2009, 10:01 AM
Erza only needed 1 hit.

So does Luxus.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/108/03/

Both OHKOs are just comic relief.

When Natsu fought Erza in chapter 22 he was doing pretty good.

Belisar
February 20, 2009, 04:54 PM
not able to defeat?
it doesn't look like natsu is going to defeat luxus. :notrust

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/04/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/11/

he played with him. :/
and that after fighting mistgun and erza.

luxus could be a dragonslayer because when he is angry, the thunder comes out of his body just like the fire from natsu.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/123/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/98/06/

kkck
February 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
Shouldnt gazille be specially weak againts luxus? Metal does conduct eletricity. I am also hoping gazille uses himself as a lighting rod so that natsu can hit luxus lol.

Kravmaga
February 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
Shouldnt gazille be specially weak againts luxus? Metal does conduct eletricity. I am also hoping gazille uses himself as a lighting rod so that natsu can hit luxus lol.

Luxus did slap gazille around a little when he came back, although he wasn't going all out like he is now, gazille did tank the damage without fighting back and still walked away a little wobbly but fine otherwise.

But as far as his affinity towards electricity, it could go either way... He could be weak as a better conductor making it easier for luxus to draw a current through his vital organs, or he could be much more resilient since his low resistance will ensure that less power is sinked into him as heat... who knows.

Besides, the next chapter is called triple dragon...
I expect this fight's outcome to defy most predictions.

segua
February 22, 2009, 05:48 PM
Is it me or is Luxus one of the strongest mages that Natsu has ever faced? Luxus is just a beast. A powerful one at that.

bittman
February 22, 2009, 11:23 PM
Who else expects this fight to be mentioned in a few chapters time in the following way:
Happy - "But you still wouldn't be able to beat him normally Natsu"
Natsu - "guh!"

Luxus doesn't seem to be fighting as he normally should (that is, not crazy) and he is being teamed now. Not that I'm a Luxus fan, this is just how I see things going.

CaptFamous
February 23, 2009, 10:19 AM

It's more likely that his metal skin would protect him. Luxus' lightning would hit him, and then just go straight into the ground without hitting any organs or nerves. This is why cars are safe during thunder storms (it's not the tires).

kkck
February 23, 2009, 12:43 PM
I think it depends on how much science the author knows and how much he actually cares for it. Gazille did take take luxus attacks and walked away without any major damage so he is likely to have some sort of advantage againts luxus than a weakness though.

BTW, I dont know if anyone noticed this but is this haru?
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/kkck/Untitled.jpg

Patta
February 23, 2009, 01:20 PM

Sharp eye! He really looks similiar to him...

EvilSniffles
February 23, 2009, 01:47 PM
Who else expects this fight to be mentioned in a few chapters time in the following way:
Happy - "But you still wouldn't be able to beat him normally Natsu"
Natsu - "guh!"

Luxus doesn't seem to be fighting as he normally should (that is, not crazy) and he is being teamed now. Not that I'm a Luxus fan, this is just how I see things going.

haha that convo, sounds about what happy would say.

Natsu getting owned by luxus does show how strong luxus is, but the way gazille spoke about luxus it makes one wonder if luxus has gone nuts.

ZealoticBlade
February 24, 2009, 01:40 AM
Well well well -- looks like...

Luxus is a dragon slayer after all! Guess that explains why he's so damn tough.

jung_dalglish
February 24, 2009, 01:53 AM
aha, that will explain why this chapter is titled "the three dragon slayers" ...

LoS
February 24, 2009, 02:26 AM
The new chap is out, you can get it HERE!!! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/124/)

in keeping with formalities...

The chapter has been released.

fizban
February 24, 2009, 02:41 AM
While I can read Japanese at a snail's pace, I'm going to not even bother and just say that the title for next week is "Quadruple Dragon". This is not true at all but you never know.

I wonder if there are any other people in the guild who are secretly dragon slayers. Tono has been pretty shady as of late, if you catch my drift

LoS
February 24, 2009, 02:46 AM
Im pretty sure the Light Dragon Slayer is female.

But yeah about Luxus. What can you say, its as if he has lost his damn mind and been possessed. To release his full Dragon powers visually it looks as if he has to go berserk and lose himself.

Ju-da-su
February 24, 2009, 02:48 AM
Meh, the next chapter is named something like "The Angel's Heart behind the Mask of Demon" or something like that (from the last page) . . . I bet it has something to do with Luxus's inner thoughts (since . . . the "Demon's mask" is clearly Luxus in this case . . . maybe he has something that cause him to do evil even if he is pure in the inside . . . >_<") Maybe Levi got up to him and tell him about Makarov's approaching death next chapter . . . :3

But Luxus being a dragon slayer kind of surprised me a bit . . . since when did he go out and live with that "Lightning Dragon"? (since I thought the one who can teach Dragon Slayer magics are dragons of that element . . . >_>")

LoS
February 24, 2009, 03:00 AM
But Luxus being a dragon slayer kind of surprised me a bit . . . since when did he go out and live with that "Lightning Dragon"? (since I thought the one who can teach Dragon Slayer magics are dragons of that element . . . >_>")

Possible loophole, maybe the Lightning Dragon did not get sent back year 777. But if the Dragon did get sent back maybe Luxus has been learning while he has been away from Fairy Tail and visiting that Dragon, he does spent alot of time away from the guild. Mist Gun was surprised how much powerful Luxus had become.

Destin82
February 24, 2009, 03:42 AM
Mashima really needs to work on the consistency between the actual drawings of his characters. Luxus's proportions are all over the place in this chapter. He did it with Gazille a while back too. Chapter was fun though, good reveal too.

Mazus
February 24, 2009, 03:48 AM
Actually it was never said that to learn dragon slayer magic you must be taught by a dragon. It's more that Natsu and Gazille are out of the norm in that they were actually taught by the beings the magic was made to fight against. Remember Lucy thought it was strange for a dragon to teach someone the magic that can kill them. I want to say that Luxus was taught the normal way, meaning being taught by anyone other then a dragon. It's a "lost magic" though so I use the term normal loosely.

Big Al
February 24, 2009, 03:51 AM
I F***ING KNEW IT! (I were never right in my life)

I knew it, Luxus is a dragonslayer, even, I said it was a daft idea last week but...cool :D

LoS
February 24, 2009, 03:53 AM
@Mazus, Gazille and Natsu might not prove it, but does 3 Dragon Slayers? Wendy is also taught by that light Dragon that confronted Ignel.

Mazus
February 24, 2009, 04:27 AM
@Mazus, Gazille and Natsu might not prove it, but does 3 Dragon Slayers? Wendy is also taught by that light Dragon that confronted Ignel.

There being 3 Dragon Slayers, if Wendy is indeed one, doesn't really prove anything to me. Remember I said that currently the only seemingly viable way to learn Dragon Slayer magic, since it's now a "lost magic, is from the ones it was made to combat. But that's not to say there wasn't someone who was able to pass down their Dragon Slayer style and have it so it can be taught "normally" by humans instead.

Pirulito
February 24, 2009, 09:56 AM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/kkck/Untitled.jpg

Yeah, it's Haru.

And here, Julia and Ellie and....and... Bush ???
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hzlrv9.jpg

And here, Musica and his gang
http://i42.tinypic.com/2zp5dom.jpg

kkck
February 24, 2009, 11:01 AM
I did noticed all the others although I never noticed musica or bush(lol). Yay all the gang was together and... nothing happened?lol

Well, that is sort of off topic but anyways...

I dont think luxus will turn out to be a dragon slayer, or at least I hope he isnt one.

hasu13
February 24, 2009, 11:39 AM
Either way is perfectly viable. Luxus could have been taught by either a dragon (who says you had to have been raised by one to learn from one?) or a dragonslayer. Considering his attitude towards other people, it might make sense for Luxus to have been taught by a dragon. I'm sure it will be revealed soon enough.

It makes sense, though. We haven't seen a character able to use their power in a way to actually manifest through their body (like Natsu's arm on fire when he punches) unless it was dragonslayer magic. Luxus was the same way, actually becoming the electricty like when dodging Natsu's attacks so easily when he first appeared.

EvilSniffles
February 24, 2009, 12:58 PM
I did noticed all the others although I never noticed musica or bush(lol). Yay all the gang was together and... nothing happened?lol

Well, that is sort of off topic but anyways...

I dont think gazille will turn out to be a dragon slayer, or at least I hope he isnt one.

He is a dragon slayer, I assume you meant to say Luxus, unfortunately, the title triple dragon was obvious that luxus was the 3rd dragon, just tosses a twist to the plot kinda, though one would wonder about it, though I didn't and pegged the 3rd to be luxus, though he is pretty badass

CaptFamous
February 24, 2009, 12:59 PM
So how does he feed? There don't appear to be any electrical generators in this universe. Does he just have to stand out in the rain until a lightning bolt strikes in his mouth? How can he have so much power without a power source?

Charlie
February 24, 2009, 03:46 PM
So Luxus is a Dragon slayer? Here I was thinking he absorbed Natsu and Gazille majic.
It was a good chapter! I loved the fight scenes, looking forward to the chapter.

roku-sky
February 24, 2009, 05:37 PM
So how does he feed? There don't appear to be any electrical generators in this universe. Does he just have to stand out in the rain until a lightning bolt strikes in his mouth? How can he have so much power without a power source?

Static... electricity? lol, jk. I think it may have something to do with the earphones he always wears though. Just a wild guess.

coolerthanzerok
February 24, 2009, 06:57 PM
It could be the introduction of a new dragon slayer. But I think Luxus is the third too. Maybe he'll bring new info?

kkck
February 24, 2009, 08:06 PM
I dont think finding electricity will be much of a problem. While in this manga there haven't been many electrical devices so far (I do recall slot machines somewhere), hiros previous manga which seems to take place in the same universe as this one, did have several electrical machines and devices.

As for the chapter, it was pretty good, fairly intense moments between the fighters. I still think there is something wierd about luxus dragon slayer magic, I wouldnt be surprised if there is someone else behind that pulling the strings. Wonder how all of this will relate to sereff (he is bound to appear sometime) given hat every important arc so far has had some relationship with him.

Big Al
February 24, 2009, 08:15 PM
Err, the trans/Scan are already out by FH, so go ahead and read before you carry on reading what I about to said (I put the spoiler on for now)...

Makarov KNEW about Luxus been a dragonslayer?????

and who Papy? Luxus's dragon name?

kkck
February 24, 2009, 08:28 PM
I dont think papi is his dragons name. Papi translate to daddy, so luxus is probably talking about his father or makarov.

Big Al
February 24, 2009, 09:14 PM
papi?

I'm learning some Japanese word (that what I assume of) but I never hear of papi before.

LoS
February 25, 2009, 12:17 AM
I say we hold off on commenting on that translation/scanlation, because not only is it grammatically incorrect, it also hardly makes any sense in the English language. What say you?

But aside from that it seems like Makarov while on the verge of death somehow reaches out with his monstrous strength and steers Luxus in the right direction.

bittman
February 25, 2009, 12:25 AM
"Act of Elf" ? Surely they mean "Fairy Law" ?

Oh man, I wonder if this'll be one of those mistranslations that get people to rant hundreds of chapters later like we do in One Piece.

Guess Luxus was expected by many, I should have expected it too, but I was hoping it was something else. I kind of got a little excited when I saw Happy on the cover and thought "ohhhhh, please be happy!"

Now, do we believe Luxus' dad = lightning dragon who vanished 7 years ago or did Luxus learn this on his own / from Markov?

And finally, I didn't think Markov was doing that, it seemed to be coming from Luxus. If Markov was doing this, Luxus would have the typical "!?" above his head in a spiky bubble as is the standard for surprise attacks in shonen mangas. This is all Luxus, and that keeps me happy.

Destin82
February 25, 2009, 12:27 AM
Act of Elf Looks to be Fairy Law. Next chapter "Strong Head, but Good Heart" I'm guessing exposition into Marakov?

Belisar
February 25, 2009, 06:58 AM
I mean no offense by this but you don't need to justify yourself to any of us nor to the author; you can stop reading any second you decide it.

i mean no offense by this but you don't need to comment on my opinion. i feel free to post whatever i like as long i'm not breaking the rules. feel free to ignore it.

I detest the whole power level thing with a passion and I don't understand why people seem to cling onto it with such fanaticism.
Heroes in movies, books and any story in general beat the bad guys against all odds to illustrate the moral of their story; why doesn't anyone bitch that david defeated goliath or that hercules killed medusa? that's pnj for you to point out right there!
well, difference in opinions. if we go by your logic, then why must shounen heros train to defeat the ultimate villain? why not go straight to the villain and defeat him from the start with hero's feelings?

Luxus did slap gazille around a little when he came back, although he wasn't going all out like he is now, gazille did tank the damage without fighting back and still walked away a little wobbly but fine otherwise.
fine? he was heavily bleeding and nearly fainted. it looks everything but fine to me.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/24/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/25/

about the current chapter: so luxus is a dragon slayer. it was kinda obvious since he, gazille and natsu had an affinity to only one element and the elements were shown to be created from the bodies.
i think levi will stop the fight short before luxus will finish them off and tell him about makarov.
all in all great chapter.

pongy
February 25, 2009, 08:37 AM
Wow even though he's also a Dragon Slayer, Luxus is owning another 2 Dragon Slayers at the same time. Natsu isn't so special anymore with the numbers of Dragon Slayers in Fairy Tail.. And I wonder if he would win by himself this time since Luxus is so much stronger than him.

kkck
February 25, 2009, 10:24 AM
The technique attacks everyone luxus sees as an enemy. I know luxus nis crazy but if he really is targetting everyone, then he is recognising them as enemies. How could luxus ever hope to run a guild in which he sees everyone as an enemy? I dont think the technique will actually work, and if it does, luxus is screwed.

LoS
February 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
"Act of Elf" ? Surely they mean "Fairy Law" ?

Oh man, I wonder if this'll be one of those mistranslations that get people to rant hundreds of chapters later like we do in One Piece.

Fairy Tail needs a go to person for translations, aka most trusted guy like Stephen is to One Piece.

Destin82
February 25, 2009, 02:00 PM
Wait is Luxus using the technique or is it being used on him? From the impression I was getting, the technique was being used on him from an unseen source, although implied it was Marakov using Fairy Law.

shinsengumi
February 25, 2009, 02:17 PM
i think Luxus being a dragon slayer is really lame.he could be anything but a dragon slayer >.> growing teeth out of nowhere(are natsu and gazille also able to hide their characteristic appearance as a dragon slayer?or is it something the author just made up to pump/hype Luxus) when did he have the time to learn the magic?is he also above 80 years old?he wouldn't be Makarov's grandson then..if he didn't live with a dragon but just learned it from somewhere else,how can he be that much stronger than 2 poeple who learned their skills from dragons. it just sucks...

Host Samurai
February 25, 2009, 02:31 PM
i think Luxus being a dragon slayer is really lame.he could be anything but a dragon slayer >.> growing teeth out of nowhere(are natsu and gazille also able to hide their characteristic appearance as a dragon slayer?or is it something the author just made up to pump/hype Luxus) when did he have the time to learn the magic?is he also above 80 years old?he wouldn't be Makarov's grandson then..if he didn't live with a dragon but just learned it from somewhere else,how can he be that much stronger than 2 poeple who learned their skills from dragons. it just sucks...

I think it's good for the plot. The questions is what happened to the dragon? And his elemental magic is it part of his dragonslayer magic too or something different?

Kravmaga
February 25, 2009, 03:30 PM
i mean no offense by this but you don't need to comment on my opinion. i feel free to post whatever i like as long i'm not breaking the rules. feel free to ignore it.

You are obviously unhappy with my comment and that was honestly not my intention. FWIW, I apologize.
I only ever bother to comment on this kind of remark if I feel its author has displayed reasoning I can work with. That said, I made allusion to your remark of dropping FT from your personal list, not because I thought it were against the rules and not because I object to it in any manner but rather because I thought that it drags your point down a notch.
But fair enough, I am certainly capable of ignoring the common fallacy of relevance, and I doubt anyone here really cares about others' opinions unless it provides corroboration.

well, difference in opinions. if we go by your logic, then why must shounen heros train to defeat the ultimate villain? why not go straight to the villain and defeat him from the start with hero's feelings?

This isn't a shounen that emphasizes growth, sticking to your dream or hard work paying off. It's one that emphasizes the cheezy friends power, strength in unity and the whole "don't be a dick" moral...
There are plenty of shounens that would portray the hero as the underdog and that's fine but I find the success of this genre no excuse to insinuate that deviation from that known formula is unfit.
In fact, I find this series more attractive than some with more realistic art, a more complex and rich world, and a more shounen-like plot.

fine? he was heavily bleeding and nearly fainted. it looks everything but fine to me.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/24/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/25/

I meant "fine" as in not KO'd or dead. But you are correct, he was bleeding on his forehead and had trouble walking straight hence the whoobly part in my quote; however I recall no other opponent that luxus had struck repeatedly walk away nor do I recall bleeding from the forehead being an indication of being battle-disabled for anyone else.
My point remains that he carried no deadly injury, nor did he lose consciousness while resisting non-violently, nor did his beating prevent him from reacting fast enough to catch a lightning bolt and then proceeded to go finish his job as if nothing had happened.
I'm sure there are words of nuance that would fit this bill better but "fine" was just what popped in my head first.

about the current chapter: so luxus is a dragon slayer. it was kinda obvious since he, gazille and natsu had an affinity to only one element and the elements were shown to be created from the bodies.
i think levi will stop the fight short before luxus will finish them off and tell him about makarov.
all in all great chapter.

I've found that while it's easy to make predictions for FT, it's pretty tough to get it right.
Luxus being the third stumped me silly, as there were signs pointing to it not being the case, such as his age being known, his being able to get out of the barrier and his having actual parents. Furthermore, gray and lluvia both have strong elemental affinity but aren't anymore dragonslayers than luxus looked like one before he took his shirt off and used his breath.

Wow even though he's also a Dragon Slayer, Luxus is owning another 2 Dragon Slayers at the same time. Natsu isn't so special anymore with the numbers of Dragon Slayers in Fairy Tail.. And I wonder if he would win by himself this time since Luxus is so much stronger than him.

The next chapter's title is "strong head but good heart".
That really makes me wonder...
Is this going into a flashback?

And I concur that natsu's exploits do look rather pale faced to luxus now but IIRC, natsu's always gotten a second wind from either eating fire or getting inhumanly pissed off, which hasn't happened yet here.

Patta
February 25, 2009, 05:35 PM
Another interesting Translation. (http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/9843)

I came up with the idea that Luxus started to learn lightning magic in the "normal" way Gray, Lluvia & the others of element4 did unlike Natsu & Gazille who learned it directly from a dragon so it would be DS-magic.
The difference would be that as a normal element-mage you would hit a wall like not being able to turn body parts into that element or gaining strength through eating it. Maybe at some point Luxus reached that wall and searched for some way to develop his element further, which could be after the flashback in which he and Makarov had a dispute Luxus leaving with the short speech of his desire for more power. Then it would be plausible why Makarov didn't knew anyting about Luxus being able to use DS-magic since then their relationship got very bad.
I know that Lluvia somehow would make an exception there because she is able to turn her body to water too but maybe someone has a clue or a hint there.

LoS
February 25, 2009, 06:17 PM
And his elemental magic is it part of his dragonslayer magic too or something different?

In my opinion it is just like Natsu's, they are both able to harness their elements without going Dragon's breath or other extreme physical characteristics emulating those of a Dragon. Natsu can cover his arm in flame and create a flame, same with Luxus sending lightning bolts toward people.

That is not to say he didn't learn it on his own, but there is nothing to distinguish what he and Natsu both do before they use the physical looking Dragon attacks.

kkck
February 25, 2009, 10:56 PM
I just read a serious translation of the chapter. Luxus doesnt even make sense anymore, he doesnt even care about being the boss of fairy tail anymore. Also the new translation implied luxus didnt even tell makarov he was a dragon slayer...
I think luxus is under the influence of some external factor at the moment, I dont think he would normaly just destroy fairy tail at a whim if his original plan was to control it.

narutojam123
February 26, 2009, 12:51 AM
i cant beleive that idiot luxus is a freaking slayer.

i dont like that dude.

horvagab
February 26, 2009, 02:48 AM
Hm, one of the uncertain stuff that Luxus says, is "The old man is a pain in the ass, that's why I hid it". Now, doeas it mean that MAkarov doesn't know about it, or he DOES know, and insisted that Luxus hide it? If MAkarov knows, than maybe there's the possibility that Luxus's Father is a DRAGON. Since don't really know (as far as I remember) how old Dragons are, and since Natsu thought about Happy how he was a dragon, then it is not impossible that MAkarov found a dragon egg and raised it. How the dragon learned magic, maybe it is in their blood. And maybe teh dragon told MAkarov 7 years ago why he had to leave, and that is why Luxus assumes that MAkarov was the reason for him leaving. Although Luxus is stated to be Makarov's own flesh-and-blood, that hsa not been proved for certain, it is possible that it is only implied, and that they have no blood relation at all.

Or it is possible, that Luxus is a half-dragon. That would explain the hiding of the canines (maybe the canines are the keys for eating magic), and since he knows magic other than slayer (Thunder Hall).

CaptFamous
February 26, 2009, 11:33 AM
The second translation makes far more sense. Going solely from that one, I would say that Luxus has been keeping this a secret from everyone, and that at the end, he is using Fairy Law. Someone suggested that the title of the next chapter is implying that it isn't going to do anything, because he doesn't truly recognize anyone as his enemy (because he's a big softee). I support this theory.

As much as I think Luxus being a DS is kindof lame, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until it's fully explained, as most of his past is still such a mystery. Still, I hope there's a good explanation of how he managed to keep it a secret.

LoS
February 27, 2009, 02:29 AM
Well we all know in Luxus' heart he cant come to terms with destroying the very guild he spent more than 3/4 of his life in, nor killing those he grew up with. Hell this is just going to be so anti-climactic it will be funny I bet. We will all say Natsu said so.

v3g374
February 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
Sorry for the offtopic...
Fairy Tail x Yankee-kun to Megane-chan bangai-hen will be in Yankee Volume 11, am I correct?
(look on Fairy Tail 124 title page)

kkck
February 27, 2009, 02:11 PM
I think there is more to the situation that what has been shown. Luxus behaviour now just doesnt seem logical at all, he doesnt really have an objective anymore. I think that luxus is being influenced by an external magic...

fizban
February 27, 2009, 04:03 PM
Well we all know in Luxus' heart he cant come to terms with destroying the very guild he spent more than 3/4 of his life in, nor killing those he grew up with. Hell this is just going to be so anti-climactic it will be funny I bet. We will all say Natsu said so.

It wouldn't be out of the question if he thought of Gazille as his enemy though. There is a lot of ill will towards that guy, and he isn't really winning Luxus' love by trying to impale him with his dragon-slayer magic.

Charlie
March 01, 2009, 12:23 AM

I hope that does not come true. Although judging from Natsu's previous dialogue did make it seem like Luxus did not intend to be bad/evil.
I hope Luxus does not turn out to be a 5 letter word that starts with P.

If he does (turn into a flower loving pansy) then I'm going to be happy as I was during the Mistgun = Gerard fiasco.

LoS
March 03, 2009, 03:27 AM
The new chap is out and can be found HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/125/)!!!!

Discuss and Predict it over here ;)

Added the mangahelpers raw link

[hr]
And now on to my opinion:

I am glad Luxus used his version of Fairy Law and could care less if Makarov was dying or not, but I am severely disappointed in this turn of events.

This was entirely too predictable, I predicted it and so did a few others after. Luxus in his heart didn't/couldn't destroy them and did not see them as enemies. In hindsight I am pissed at Levi for her whining, because it took Luxus out of his berserker state.

The only thing that could make this all worse would be if Natsu somehow manages to defeat Luxus. But I guess that would be the perfect segway for Luxus to become Master. He gets a bump on the head and suddenly realizes all of his beliefs were wrong, and he accepts/succumbs to his love and passion he has pent up deep inside for years and years. Then he will be ready to put the guild first and accept them for who they are, his friends and most importantly, family. Awwww how heartfelt and cliche.

I love the drawing, but the plot of this manga is starting to make me second guess why I even bother waiting till raws released.

Belisar
March 03, 2009, 10:13 AM
damn los. use spoiler tags next time. not everyone read raws or translations. :notrust

Destin82
March 03, 2009, 11:47 AM
Have to agree, did not care for this chapter at all. Who's Levi to Luxus anyways, I almost preferred the theory that he was under the control of an external magic, as it stands he just looks childish almost. Anyways I hope Natsu manages some sort of victory on Luxus next chapter.

ZealoticBlade
March 03, 2009, 11:59 AM
damn los. use spoiler tags next time. not everyone read raws or translations. :notrust

It's the discussion thread for the raw that was just released. What exactly did you think you were stumbling into?

If you were spoiled, it's your fault.

kkck
March 03, 2009, 01:41 PM
Guess the result was predictable... I mean, it was kinda obvious, if it had worked the manga would have been esentially over since every good guy would have been defeated lol.
Don't die old man!

Kravmaga
March 03, 2009, 01:45 PM
Now now ladies and gents, the only reason everyone predicted it was because the author decided to give away the fairy law move on the last page of the previous chapter as well as put the dead give away title that read "strong head, kind heart" inches apart...

Before that, everyone was too busy being outraged that luxus could be a dragonslayer to think he could use fairy law.
Back then, people still predicted that natsu+gazille would still beat luxus, back then people still predicted that levi's news would get luxus to stop and back then people even predicted that mistgun would somehow get back into this fight or that gildartz would somehow show up... I could go on.

Point is, people are blaming FT for being too shounen-like when it's just that, a shounen, blame it to be too simple when there's nowhere to dig plotholes in the semantics and blame it to be predictable when it's literally giving the next step away on purpose...
But I lose I guess, I must take my hunt for corroboration elsewhere.

fizban
March 03, 2009, 02:23 PM
We were able to predict the result due to the stuff at the end of the last chapter, but Natsu has been saying since the start that he didn't believe Luxus was serious about this so there has also been that.

"Old fart" always makes me laugh. It is not a good insult at all.

I guess Levi didn't take out one of the crystals. She had more important things to do, but later on somebody needs to give her a shock so she can feel like part of the gang. Based on nothing I am going to say Happy took out more.

CaptFamous
March 03, 2009, 02:37 PM
Eh, not every chapter needs a cliffhanger. Based on how this one ends, I bet someone will predict what happens next week, too. This part is about developing Luxus as a character. Granted, it would've been much better without the spoilerific title, but still.

In related news, I really hope Fried joins the regular cast, and doesn't go off on a soul-seeking journey (I couldn't care less about the other two). He's a good character.

LNsu
March 04, 2009, 05:30 AM
Yeah, this is predictable and all knowing shounen manga. It's also acceptable for me at the least.
Does anyone else feel that it is being rushed? Things are happening so fast. I hope we get satisfying explanations.

hitworm
March 05, 2009, 01:10 AM
How many hits has Natsu gotten from Luxus?
And Natsu's still able to fight like nothing's happened.
I think Luxus is not much stronger than Natsu, not even strong enough to beat him.

kkck
March 05, 2009, 01:21 PM
How many hits has Natsu gotten from Luxus?
And Natsu's still able to fight like nothing's happened.
I think Luxus is not much stronger than Natsu, not even strong enough to beat him.

IDK, luxus appears to be a lot stronger than either natsu and gazille given that he did almost killed them a few times. Also, gazille and natsu have been unable to land a successful hit on luxus. Not to mention that if it wasnt for gazille, natsu would be dead.

segua
March 05, 2009, 06:10 PM
I really like the complexity of Luxus. He's trying so hard to forge his own identity but he's going about the wrong way. If Luxus change he might become the next guild leader. But man, FT is sure dangerous having three dragonslayers or possibly two permanent dragonslayers.

I was disappointed but with how FT is, it's not surprising.

Belisar
March 06, 2009, 08:34 AM
I must say i was surprised when Luxus activated "Fairy Law", Makarov's ultimate spell. Not only his strength and his handling of Dragonslayer are amazing but he also accomplished to learn this spell at such a young age.
When i red the name of the current chapter in the last chapter, i had a premonition that Luxus is not as bad as he tries to be. Some readers will probably be disappointed that he still has a caring heart for his comrades, but i like it much better than the evil Luxus who thinks only about himself. It's more diversified and makes Luxus's character more complete...... more human.

Also i like Mishima's decision not to make Natsu omnipotent like he did in the other boss fights. He clearly shows that Natsu still has a long way to go to the top. That he is not the best Dragonslayer out there and he can't use his power to the fullest.

In my opinion, Luxus will realise that it is not the power that he desires. He will go to his grandfather and Makarov will chose him as his successor. That was the point of "Fairy Law". Mishima made clear that it is the time for the new generation. The old one is surpassed.

http://www9.picfront.org/picture/PFTQMn29A/img/13.png (http://picfront.de/d/PFTQMn29A/13.png)

Another idea i have is, Luxus will come to late and his grandfather is dead. He gives Makarov an electric shock to the heart and revives him. After that he will retire and give Luxus the leadership.

All in all i like this chapter not that much as the last one but it still one of the best chapters for me. I look forward to the conclusion of this battle.

eeoralis1
March 08, 2009, 05:57 PM
can't wait for the next chapter, I wonder what Luxus will do now that he found out about his GF. I think he may actually stop, but only realizing it after he is defeated or his dad will show up.

turok
March 09, 2009, 07:06 PM
So..... When will mistgun appear again????

Natage
March 09, 2009, 09:22 PM
When Mashima wants somebody to take off their mask.:)

Ju-da-su
March 10, 2009, 04:30 AM
The raw is here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/126). Discuss. ^_^"

LoS
March 10, 2009, 04:38 AM
This manga is really starting to piss me off. Typical shonen nakama power up, gawd this shit is pathetic.

No way on earth Natsu could ever beat Luxus. Luxus in his basic form could probably defeat any level of natsu save an Aetherion powered up Natsu.

Pages 14-end just went way downhill, the last page of Natsu is cool though.

Also is anyone else fed up with how inconsistently Luxus is drawn? He is sheer confidence and oozing bad assery one panel, then crazy or pissed off the next, then as confused as a school boy another, then frightened in another.

Chocolove77
March 10, 2009, 06:48 AM
Power up for Natsu? I would say Power DOWN for Luxus!
He just casted the most powerful spell ever seen in Fairy Tail! Fairy Law must have completely drained what was left of his magical energy. You're right, there's no way natsu could ever beat Luxus. And even though he his in dragon slayer form, he must be totally exhausted after Fairy Law and he took some serious damages from natsu and gazille during the fight. So i'm not that surprised to see Natsu beating Luxus.
Anyway this chapter was uninteresting, they just hit, punch, kick and get up when brought to the ground just like the 5 previous chatpers. Hopefully, this (way too long) fight is finally over!
I think it's becoming clear that Natsu is gonna become a S-class magician soon.

Mooncrow
March 10, 2009, 09:14 AM
Also is anyone else fed up with how inconsistently Luxus is drawn? He is sheer confidence and oozing bad assery one panel, then crazy or pissed off the next, then as confused as a school boy another, then frightened in another.

No, actually. It's a device that allows us to see Luxus' emotions without stupid exposition or soliloquizing. I can see how it sucks for hardcore Luxus fans, that he isn't a badass through and through, but if you didn't pick up on that fact that Luxus is a deeply conflicted individual before, I don't have a lot of sympathy.

As for his losing (two on one, I might add), it's obvious that, first of all, as Choco pointed out, he just cast an enormous amount of magic, and he's mostly drained. But even more importantly, dragon slayer magic depends on emotion, and Luxus doesn't know what's right any more. Against Natsu, who's course is clear, Luxus has a major disadvantage.

This isn't my favorate arc, by any means (I wanted Mistgun to beat Luxus so bad even the people that look like him hurt), but to imply that it's poorly written is pretty far off base.

Patta
March 10, 2009, 09:16 AM
I have to agree that Luxus really used a lot of magical power (fighting Mist Gun, fighting Natsu, fighting more against Natsu with Gazille plus the additonal usage of bigger attacks like "Raging Bolt", "Fairy Law" and the lighting spear) since this arc began. I never dreamed that I could accept it if Luxus got defeated but the circumstances made it possible. Even though I still believe that Luxus will stand up again at least in the next chapter and have some words or silently moving to Natsu, passing him by and going directly to Makarov as a surprise.

Kravmaga
March 10, 2009, 12:10 PM
I couldn't have put it better than mooncrow already has.

Luxus didn't get beat by natsu, he was exhausted from fighting 4 different people, including 2 S rank mages and the main protagonist. The whole fight gives a much different feel if you take the time to connect all the previous chapters together as opposed to treat each one as an open-ended question to test the author's predictability weekly.

And contrary to shounen logic, natsu didn't get a power-up nor did luxus get a power down which is a major step in the right direction for the aberration that is power-level based logic, imo.

Wololo
March 10, 2009, 12:51 PM
so we're all agreed that it was a sucky fight. let's hope the next arc is better.

LoS
March 10, 2009, 01:42 PM
No, actually. It's a device that allows us to see Luxus' emotions without stupid exposition or soliloquizing. I can see how it sucks for hardcore Luxus fans, that he isn't a badass through and through, but if you didn't pick up on that fact that Luxus is a deeply conflicted individual before, I don't have a lot of sympathy.

so Luxus looking confused is due to his inner conflict and emotional instability? Come on man get real. One moment Luxus has a glazed look to his eyes, reeking of insanity, then the next he has an IQ of your typical jock with that WTF confused face.

Luxus' morals and goals are his inner conflict, not his WTF facial expressions.

Mooncrow
March 10, 2009, 02:48 PM
I think you have Mashima confused with another artist. Exaggerated facial expressions are his freaking trademark, for god's sake. In fact, what I enjoy most about it is that I can basically go panel by panel and figure out exactly what's going through Luxus' head.

In this particular chapter, Luxus' plan has crumbled, and he expects every blow to finish Natsu off, so yes, he does go from "dear god, I hope that finished it -> shit, it didn't finish him -> well this better finish him for sure" every move. And you can see the desperation growing in his face by the end, wanting nothing more than for the fight to finally be over.

Luxus' morals and goals are his inner conflict, not his WTF facial expressions.

And barring long monologues from Luxus, what other device would you choose to show that conflict, and how it has evolved and manifested this arc?

LoS
March 10, 2009, 03:26 PM
And barring long monologues from Luxus, what other device would you choose to show that conflict, and how it has evolved and manifested this arc?

I think the 125 chapter title alone was enough, that and the Fairy Law having no effect.

Kravmaga
March 10, 2009, 06:05 PM
I think the 125 chapter title alone was enough, that and the Fairy Law having no effect.

So are you saying he should look stoic and unfazed while his most ambitious attack yet turns out to be a complete failure due to his own innate attributes?
Or are you saying that with the chapter title and the outcome of his FL, it was unnecessary to have his face appear at all?

Either way, that constitutes no valid response to the question at hand which was what would you have done differently to illustrate his inner conflict if not using facial expressions?
I mean what else can you think of? Poetry? Interpretive dancing? Bagpipe sonata?

LordZet
March 10, 2009, 07:58 PM
Fiary tail is starting to feel like a generic everyday shounen now...a mix of one piece and bleach :/ I really wanted Luxus to just slam natsus ass straight into a wall to shut him up...instead natsu owns him. Mistgun turns out to be gerald...fffuuu

senewe
March 10, 2009, 11:20 PM
so luxus is the strongest???

did he realy 'beat' mistgun??

kkck
March 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
This seems like saint seiya all over lol. Not saying this was a bad chapter but some originality wouldnt be bad....

Host Samurai
March 11, 2009, 05:36 AM
so luxus is the strongest???

did he realy 'beat' mistgun??

From what we have seen so far....I would say yes, except for Makarov and maybe Gildartz.

@kkck: You're quite right with the Saint Seiya comparison but the bronze Saints were always underestimated by there enemies too.

Destin82
March 11, 2009, 10:29 PM
My first thought when reading this chapter was that if Natsu had some disposable dragon slayer-slayer technique he should have used it sooner, although I guess there was no way for him to know Luxus was a dragon slayer initially. I don't mind the outcome of the battle too much, but I can't say I'm disappointed this arc is coming to a close.

On a long term scale I do enjoy some of the subplots Mashima has introduced in this arc. Mistgun being yet another Gerard look alike, Elfman and Mirajane reawakening their powers, Gazille being a double agent however showing signs that he may real loyalties to Fairy Tail, if not just Natsu. Also the homeless man that was crying over Lucy's photo still hasn't been revealed.

I think Mashima just set the bar too high with the Phantom Lord and Tower of Paradise arcs. Oda did it too when he followed Baroque Works with Skypea, and those were 100 chapter arcs.

fizban
March 11, 2009, 11:22 PM
It wouldn't even matter if he was a dragon-slayer or not, if you think about it. I doubt any opponent would be able to take a huge combo like that and say "thank goodness I'm not a dragon or that would have hurt!"

But he probably should have used it against Gazille way back when

kkck
March 14, 2009, 08:58 PM
I just got a crazy theory as for who will replace makarov as the master of the guild(I do believe he will die). Given what has just happened, I dont think luxus will become the master so I think it will be that geezer who has yet to appear(I think his name was gildarts). To top it all he probably will turn out to look exactly like makarov lol.