PDA

View Full Version : Neo's One piece 529 Chapter Review

neomaster121
January 24, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hey guys it Saturday and I’m back after my own 1 week break I’ll resume my normal weekly reviewing. Last week was hectic and so was this week but with such great chapters I won’t stop reviewing until I really have to. So with no further introduction, here it is one piece 529 chapter review.

Jimbei Reasoning

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/1-37.jpg

Well last week we were left with a double spread of the beaten final shichibukai member Jimbei the only fishman shichibukai. Well Jimbei reasoning’s for wanting to stop this war were unknown but many had attempts to guess why, I included. It seems like its for one reason alone, but before I go in depth I’d also like to talk about Jimbei background as a pirate hater. Even going as far as to nearly killing Ace, that in itself could say a lot about the mans power and standing, but I for now am inclined to think it was before Ace became really infamous.

Well as a pirate hater there’s only one pirate crew Jimbei doesn’t hate and that’s whitebeard and his crew. Whitebeard the man who’s only equal and even superior was the pirate king himself. Whitebeard strength and name is enough to stop pirates who enter the new world from going mad with destruction and damage with no care for those who remain. This onslaught brought on by gold Rodger and the new pirate age and ended by whitebeard and his status and power. I guess Oda is also giving us a bit of an insight to the way things work in the new world. Whitebeard, shanks and the other 2 aren’t known as the 4 emperors for nothing. It seems like in chaos of piracy they create yet another balance which keeps the dark dangerous seas of the new world from becoming a total wasteland. With the 4 emperors assumingly taking islands in the new world as their own territory then its no wonder the marines have little to no control in that part of the sea.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/2-37.jpg

I think of it like the 4 emperors being like the 7 shichibukai, but in real control and not listening to the world government. This being the case and as Jimbei says I believe I know why the marines are attempting to kill whitebeard. In chaos of the death of WB, the world government can come in as a new saviour converting the pirate lover islands in the new world especially the whitebeard ones (them most likely being the majority) to world government obedient civilians, it would be 1 huge step in ending the pirate era for good. Of course Jimbei knows how much death and destruction this would cause but the WG don’t care much for that, it’s only the end goal that matters.

Though you have to wonder, as luffy enters the new world with his crew, and defeats any man who steps in his way, could he himself unbalance the new world in a worse way? Would luffy begin his quest to become a world wide known pirate king conquering the islands as he goes along increasing his fame?

Jimbei seeing the destruction and pain it would bring, and being so willing to die just to stop it happening is a real insight into his character. He’s an honourable fishman, joining the wg to fight against evil pirates the best way he sees fit, while guaranteeing the protection of his peoples, (though flamingo still sees it fit to auction his people off). Already I quite like him, we’ve had evil shichibukai’s and we’ve had kinda neutral ones, but I don’t think we’ve ever had one like Jimbei personality wise.

But while hoping for a miricle a former nasty shichibukai starts to laugh... enter Crocodile

True Haters of the Man named Whitebeard

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/3-37.jpg

Well if the wg didn’t like the kind of power influence and control whitebeard (who isn’t even the pirate king) has then why would the majority of evil pirates want WB around? I guess the pirates all surrounding ace are the sort of pirates who don’t give a damn for anyone else except themselves and their crew (if that). Oda using Crocodile as the first spokesman to reveal their desire to want WB dead is perfect, and makes sense too. Remember how crocodile was in arabasta, willing to create war and the deaths of thousands just for his own selfish goals. I guess like luffy, WB couldn’t stand for pirates like that and I guess it’s because of whitebeard that that sort of thing doesn’t happen all over the place in the new world. Well that’s only assuming my assumptions on the new world are correct (different sections controled by different emperors). I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the major pirates in there were all caught after trying to fight WB.

Jimbei who already hates pirates is first to scream out at all who say a bad word against WB, while ace just laughs at the thought of any of them believing they could even try to kill WB.

Jimbei a miracle is on its way

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/4-37.jpg

Lol when your hope is luffy and his crew then its almost guaranteed... but when its luffy and 2 other weak ass buffoons well who knows what will happen. So after a brilliant set of scenes which seem to give insight into the new world as well as wb and his influence and wg plans, we are back to the comedy trio as I’ll call them for now (watch i bet their number increases by 1 as they go into level 3). Well in my last review when we were first given the picture of imperial down it did only look like 5 levels with quite a large level 3 but with the new illustration with labels, we can see clearly a level 6 section, but seeing how badly they are struggling on level 2, how will this trio escape struggling so much against the insane creature/guards lurking on the levels below?

Manticore

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/5-37.jpg

This page really made me laugh, you got the manticore very similar to a zombie lion seen on TB with tb's henchmen sopposed face hehehe, but with a added feature, they can talk… just like a parrot. Oda throughout his mini arc’s keep are nice level of humour especially when luffy’s involved. Strawberry panties… I wonder buggy, maybe brooke’s used to be in imperial down too, or they got a lot of perverts down there hahaha. But what was truly priceless was when buggy took on the role of nami smacking luffy who so easily distracted when one of the manticore’s say beef steak. Was luffy really planning on stopping and finding some meat?

Well as they run, it’s time for the new arrival to hear the plan of captain Monkey D Luffy. And his reaction is priceless, you people must be crazy was just about the right words to use, but after going this far luffy doesn’t tolerate any insubordination.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/6-37.jpg

Quite quick to grab mr 3 who tries to runaway as quickly as possible, it takes less than a single page before mr 3 just like buggy plans to trick luffy and ditch him in an effort to escape. Just one problem… There’s a giant monster in his way! Wait perfect considering Mr 3’s plan.

Sphinx the Guard

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/7-36.jpg

Not only do they hit a guard, Luffy is confused whether its an old man or a lion, the ugly beast (that things is ugly) seems the 3 and thinks they are ramen and starts praying (probably saying grace). Attacked by the beast the 3 are quick to run away from the sharp paws. The prisoners screaming in despair, as they witness the attack of the guard as well as hearing the roars, if this is the trouble luffy faces in level 2 again I must say defeating the people or animals in the lower levels could just be a near impossible task especially as he he is now with his two new companions who are about to create the…

Justice… I mean Jailbreak League…

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/8-34.jpg

Wow that was seriously quick; within a chapter of an introduction the two already make a pact to use luffy as bait, the two ungrateful pirates. If it wasn’t for luffy, buggy you would still be on level 1… wait that’s a good thing, but if it wasn’t for luffy, mr 3 you would be safe in your cage and not facing this monster… Well luffy’s trustworthy nature as proved yet again to be a major weakness. Only thing is the jailbreak league isn’t very loyal itself and they didn’t count on luffy trying to beat up the sphinx so what else could mr 3 the co founder do…

Yep that’s right… play whack a mole

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/9-33.jpg

I’m really seeing mr 3’s plan in effect, by playing about with the guard somehow that’s making luffy the bait while buggy is doing whatever he’s doing off somewhere else, it’s no wonder luffy’s laughing on the sidelines as he take a break. As mr 3 says everyone is having fun and of course he wasn’t amongst any of the wax clones as he prepares to leave. But one thing mr 3… just as buggy found out, ditching luffy is much harder than you would first expect.

Down the rabbit hole they go…
Again

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/neomaster121/10-20.jpg

This double spread is a real picture, I just love how the guards in level 3 report the roof shaking, how buggy and mr 3 came so close but so far and the shocked faces as the sphinx doesn’t know his or hers own strength as he breaks down into level 3. A great end to a brilliant chapter!

Overall rating

8 out of 10

Jimbei’s revelation was great for story progression as well as giving an insight into WB and the new world as well as things used to be. Luffy and the jailbreak league have given us a fair few laughs and all in all a nice chapter

Prediction
As I said I believe they will gain a new member to join them in level 3
But the fact that they’ve made it half way especially if theirs a 6th floor I wouldn’t be surprised if the scene changes completely maybe to marine HQ or to the another event maybe wb arrival.

Well thanks for reading, hope you guys enjoy and your opinions views and comments of improvement are always appreciated.

AllezFlex
January 24, 2009, 04:43 PM
Great review, I was looking forward for my weekly fix.

Though you have to wonder, as luffy enters the new world with his crew, and defeats any man who steps in his way, could he himself unbalance the new world in a worse way? Would luffy begin his quest to become a world wide known pirate king conquering the islands as he goes along increasing his fame?

I find it rather unlikely that Luffy will cause more chaos in the new world. So far what we have seen through his actions that he brought in his own chaotic way order in to chaos. The same thing will probably happen in the New world.
The problem with this that if luffy manage to safe Ace, WB will probably never be his enemy. The result will be that Luffy will be friends with two emperors in the New world.
With all those islands under control of two friendly emperors the new world will be a far greater picknic then we ever could expect. The only possible enemies beside the world government would be the remaining emperors and all those silver medals biding there chance for power.

But what if, White beard dies?

And I believe this will happen if you look at all that build up and revelations. There will be a giant power struggle to fill up the empty seat. With as result that all the islands previously under WB control will be subjected to a free for all including Mermaid Island. Thus forcing luffy to step up, and bring order in to the chaos.
In the end the one who takes over the empty seat could be luffy.

But I think you are right to assume it is the goal of the WG to be the savior. Cuz if WB dies there will be a tremendous carnage and other unpleasantries, that the islanders will have no choice than to be annexed by the WG. Unless Luffy arrives again on the scene thus thwarting once again there agenda.

Prediction
As I said I believe they will gain a new member to join them in level 3
But the fact that they’ve made it half way especially if theirs a 6th floor I wouldn’t be surprised if the scene changes completely maybe to marine HQ or to the another event maybe wb arrival.

Yes it is higly likely that the jailbreak league will increase their members. Probably the list of untrustworthy old enemies will increase with a small chance that there will be a new face between the escapees.

But I think Oda will continu the recent layout instead of devoting a whole chapter to the possible arival of a part of WB fleet. Half of the chapter concentrates on Luffy and his ''merry'' men. The other half follows everything that will play a roll in the upcoming event. We have seen the chief last week. This week half of the chapter has been spended on ace and jimbei. So next week there may be a chance that we will see the first traces of WB thus giving Luffy some space because the preperation for the defence takes first priority. This will probably happen very soon. If this does not happen next week, then it will be likely that we see Hancock with posiondude visiting Ace.

Finally done, ^^ writing more than one sentences in English sure takes some practice. But I will get used to it in time. :amuse

secondgearzoro
January 24, 2009, 06:52 PM
Good review. This chapter was ok just an get through the level kind of chapter. I hope in the next chapter we see Hancock or WB or WB or if we are lucky the other crew members. :s But i think its great how buggy knows luffy well enough now to notice his weakness to meat lol. I think if luffy does something buggy really is impressed by i wouldnt be surprised to see buggy as a new SH member.

Squazee
January 25, 2009, 03:55 AM
Nice review. ^^

About Luffy's ambitions... remember what he said to Raleigh: I"I don't want to conquer anything" and that absolute freedom will make him the pirate king.

In this sense he sort of works as Dragon, Luffy liberates the islands, whereever he goes. Or at least where it is needed, like in Drum Island, Alabasta, Water 7, Thriller Bark (though it is not a real island, but it seems like one). Basicly Luffy gives people freedom, by gaining himself and to his crew freedom too. Brooke was liberated from loneliness, Robin from fear of betraying, Franky from past regrets, Chopper from being scared of others (he is still a coward though XD), Sanji from old ties which kept him away from his true dream, Usopp from being a small fry, Nami from being...used by evil(?) and Zoro from being unable to travel the seas. And there are Coby and Helmeppo too for examples.

In a few words Luffy's freedom is spreading.

paradoxe
January 25, 2009, 05:47 AM

In other words, the freedom to pursue dreams.

neomaster121
January 25, 2009, 06:40 AM
Great review, I was looking forward for my weekly fix.

I find it rather unlikely that Luffy will cause more chaos in the new world. So far what we have seen through his actions that he brought in his own chaotic way order in to chaos. The same thing will probably happen in the New world.
The problem with this that if luffy manage to safe Ace, WB will probably never be his enemy. The result will be that Luffy will be friends with two emperors in the New world.
With all those islands under control of two friendly emperors the new world will be a far greater picknic then we ever could expect. The only possible enemies beside the world government would be the remaining emperors and all those silver medals biding there chance for power.

But what if, White beard dies?

And I believe this will happen if you look at all that build up and revelations. There will be a giant power struggle to fill up the empty seat. With as result that all the islands previously under WB control will be subjected to a free for all including Mermaid Island. Thus forcing luffy to step up, and bring order in to the chaos.
In the end the one who takes over the empty seat could be luffy.

But I think you are right to assume it is the goal of the WG to be the savior. Cuz if WB dies there will be a tremendous carnage and other unpleasantries, that the islanders will have no choice than to be annexed by the WG. Unless Luffy arrives again on the scene thus thwarting once again there agenda.

Yes it is higly likely that the jailbreak league will increase their members. Probably the list of untrustworthy old enemies will increase with a small chance that there will be a new face between the escapees.

But I think Oda will continu the recent layout instead of devoting a whole chapter to the possible arival of a part of WB fleet. Half of the chapter concentrates on Luffy and his ''merry'' men. The other half follows everything that will play a roll in the upcoming event. We have seen the chief last week. This week half of the chapter has been spended on ace and jimbei. So next week there may be a chance that we will see the first traces of WB thus giving Luffy some space because the preperation for the defence takes first priority. This will probably happen very soon. If this does not happen next week, then it will be likely that we see Hancock with posiondude visiting Ace.

Finally done, ^^ writing more than one sentences in English sure takes some practice. But I will get used to it in time. :amuse

well thanks
well we all know Oda is with death but if wb was too die luffy filling that gap would again be awesome but as squazee says i think thats will be luffy's effect on the new world rather than him conquering it. The other emperors as well as any other high level pirate biding their time to make their move an attack could be a major playing card in Oda's development of the new world. I honestly still think the new world will be like nothing we've seen before, judging on oda's continuios portrayl of the NW

On oda seperating half the chapter, it could be but i'd think he'd dedicate a whole chapter next week on other events, maybe with a page or 2 on luffys arrival and our new member of the jailbreak league lol

Good review. This chapter was ok just an get through the level kind of chapter. I hope in the next chapter we see Hancock or WB or WB or if we are lucky the other crew members. :s But i think its great how buggy knows luffy well enough now to notice his weakness to meat lol. I think if luffy does something buggy really is impressed by i wouldnt be surprised to see buggy as a new SH member.

Thanks
lol buggy joining the strawhats i doubt it
but yea i think oda would hange the scene for the next chapter considering we've already figured out the pattern, tho i would want to see the rest of the crew i doubt it for now since they are all seperate seeing wb or more maybe even hancock ace jimbei discussion may take place that would be interesting ace n jimbei finding out luffy planning to break them out

Nice review. ^^

About Luffy's ambitions... remember what he said to Raleigh: I"I don't want to conquer anything" and that absolute freedom will make him the pirate king.

In this sense he sort of works as Dragon, Luffy liberates the islands, whereever he goes. Or at least where it is needed, like in Drum Island, Alabasta, Water 7, Thriller Bark (though it is not a real island, but it seems like one). Basicly Luffy gives people freedom, by gaining himself and to his crew freedom too. Brooke was liberated from loneliness, Robin from fear of betraying, Franky from past regrets, Chopper from being scared of others (he is still a coward though XD), Sanji from old ties which kept him away from his true dream, Usopp from being a small fry, Nami from being...used by evil(?) and Zoro from being unable to travel the seas. And there are Coby and Helmeppo too for examples.

Thank you
as paradoxe luffy spreading the "freedom to pursue dreams" i have to say didn't thnk of it like that you do bring out really good points and i do agree with you on them. Luffy would be the pirate king everyone truely respected not fear but respected that would be awesome

Suzuku
February 03, 2009, 09:25 AM
Are you going to do a review this week?

neomaster121
February 03, 2009, 11:49 AM
Are you going to do a review this week?

not this week sorry
i got an exam tomorrow and and another further down the line (this week) so i've been revising on my days off college -__-

but gd news is that theres a holiday coming up for me so i will definitly start reviewing at the latest 2weeks from now if not the next chapter

sorry guys
i'll try avoid this happening again by planning my time better