PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Will There be Pirates Stronger than the Likes of the Yonkou, Shichibukai, Dragon etc.

Tru_TO
January 27, 2009, 02:09 AM
Will we see yet-to be revealed pirates stronger than the likes of Yonkou, Shichibukai and Dragon?

Yonkou are the emperors of the New World, will we see Pirates stronger than the likes of these Pirates?

TheBlackLotus
January 27, 2009, 11:54 AM
It's possible either as members of the "new era" such as luffy and blackbeard. It could also be that there are pirates who are just as strong or stronger but do not want to rule as emperors and prefer to continue to go on their adventures to find one piece, etc.

c0nflikt
January 27, 2009, 02:13 PM
I think the new op movie is going to reveal such a character.

Onomatopoeia
January 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
Other then maybe Luffy & Zoro right at the end I doubt we'll see any "pirates" stronger then the Yonkou(Enel ain't a pirate)

I don't know about Dragon it's really pointless to guess how strong he is. Probablly not though if he lives up to his hype.

As for the Shichibuki if you mean by individual then yes I certainly think that we will see pirates stronger then some of the individual Shichibuki.

bittman
January 27, 2009, 09:51 PM
I'd love for strong pirates to be introduced more rather than the New World being filled with a list of people Luffy needs to defeat. Even Shabondy, which relied mainly on two list-tickers (Kuma and Kizaru) still managed to introduce Sentoumaru. Not pirate, but my point is:

Don't assume that the Yonkou and Shichibukai are all that's left in the world.

Of course, Onomatopoeia is right in a way. The Yonkou are Yonkou because they are the strongest free pirates in the world. This aside, I've mentioned before that strength is all about perception. Whitebeard is strong, but is known as the strongest because of his large and powerful crew and actions along his journey. There still may be individuals who are quite powerful, but somehow I can't see more pirates being stronger than what we already have.

Tru_TO
January 27, 2009, 10:25 PM
We have to wait till 2012 to find out, because Impel Down will go for a year, then theres the War, then we have like a year and a half of Fishman Island so we will reach New World in another 3 years. So There will be like 400-500 Chapters on of New World so we'll have to wait a long time to find out

bittman
January 27, 2009, 10:30 PM
We have to wait till 2012 to find out, because Impel Down will go for a year, then theres the War, then we have like a year and a half of Fishman Island so we will reach New World in another 3 years. So There will be like 400-500 Chapters on of New World so we'll have to wait a long time to find out

Really? A year of Impel Down? Shabondy didn't take a year and Oda only seems to take this long at an arc's end where every Strawhat gets his/her obligatory 3 chapter fight in amongst plot. From memory only Alabasta, Skypeia and Enies Lobby took more than a year, don't know why Luffy + some cameos = a year.

My year prediction would be more like: Impel Down + War + Reuniting Strawhats. If close to all this doesn't happen this year, either there was a massive plot twist in between or Oda's lost his touch for pacing. Since Oda has never lost his touch for pacing, only plot twists should stop all that happening this year. Remember, the War will not be 20 chapters of Whitebeard versus Blackbeard. If Whitebeard was Luffy, perhaps it would be quite a long arc, but since Whitebeard is nothing more than a support character (i.e. not a main, doesnt mean unimportant to plot) the war should be anything from 3 to 10 chapters.

Tru_TO
January 27, 2009, 10:52 PM
Oda is a humble man. A man who likes pranks and dicking around, but he is a humble man. He had this to say about Impel Down. He is now formulating how he`ll handle the end of this arc in his head right now. That is to say, how to depict it. He has said that each and every page he is constructing for the climax has the potential to be, and I quote, "...epic...", as continuous full-page spreads of one amazing event after another, however, if he wrote things how he wanted to he could never get on to drawing all the amazing islands of the New World that he has planned so in his mind he WANTS to wrap up Impel Down in a year. They were NOT clear as to whether that included the war but I think we`ll see.

Oda`s estimates on time are horrific so it seems we have at least one year of ID ahead of us. No complaints from me. He was coy about the New World and said he has lots of ideas that he cannot wait to put to paper.

Eiichiro Oda - Jump Festa 09.

So i think he wants to get to New World quickly so about a year of Impel Down-Strawhats-War as u said then like 60-70 chapters of Fishman arc.

But u really think it would only go for 3-10 The War between Whitebeard and WG?

Please stay on topic. To discuss particularly about the length of the serie or an arc please do it in this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27290).

Imitorar
January 28, 2009, 08:14 PM
I'd love for strong pirates to be introduced more rather than the New World being filled with a list of people Luffy needs to defeat. Even Shabondy, which relied mainly on two list-tickers (Kuma and Kizaru) still managed to introduce Sentoumaru. Not pirate, but my point is:

Don't assume that the Yonkou and Shichibukai are all that's left in the world.

Of course, Onomatopoeia is right in a way. The Yonkou are Yonkou because they are the strongest free pirates in the world. This aside, I've mentioned before that strength is all about perception. Whitebeard is strong, but is known as the strongest because of his large and powerful crew and actions along his journey. There still may be individuals who are quite powerful, but somehow I can't see more pirates being stronger than what we already have.
An excellent point. The New World is FULL of pirates who can hold their own against Luffy. That's what separates the New World from the first half of the Grand Line. And bittman, it wasn't just Sentomaru introduced on the Sabaody Islands: there were the other Super Novae as well. They were introduced, but they did nothing, so I think that the Straw Hats will meet up with them all again over the course of their adventures in the New World. I mean, Kid, Law, Hawkins, and Drake should be worthy opponents for Luffy the Monster Trio. And even guys like Urouge, Killer, and Apoo should be nothing to sneeze at for the crew weaker than the Monster Trio, though I don't think Bonney and Capone are anywhere near any of the Straw Hats, except for maybe Usopp and Nami.

But as for the the thread title itself, I again agree with bittman that the Yonko are the four most powerful pirates in the world. That's how they became known as the "Yonko". Dragon's strength is unknown, so we can't judge, and the Shichibukai vary. I think most of them are underrated, but there's still quite a gap between Hancock (who I think is the weakest, though there's more to her then the sex appeal, which is all we've really seen her use) and Mihawk or Kuma. And we don't even know what Doflamingo and Jimbei can do. So in short, I think that the Shichibukai, while all extremely powerful, vary in strength, but that the strongest of them, the Yonko, and the Admirals are basically the strongest characters in One Piece. Until the end of the story, when things may have changed (for the Straw Hats almost definitely) there will not be anyone stronger than them, though there will still be some very powerful pirates around.

Tru_TO
January 29, 2009, 06:24 AM
Don't you think that there are less Pirates and more Pirate Hunters in the New World? It would make sense wouldn't it. All the Hunters wait there for a big bounty, cuz u gotta be pretty strong to make it to New World.

Razh
January 29, 2009, 08:37 AM
Less pirates and more pirate hunters? In a sea ruled by pirates?

Sure, makes a whole lotta sense.

hisoga
January 29, 2009, 10:26 AM
i agree with Imitorar about the strength of yonkou,marine admiral and shicibukai.. they are the top in one piece world.. the strength,crew,fame,wealth and power.. i also agree that there are many strong and scary pirate or anything else in the new world like crocodile say but they are not so powerful and dominance as yonkou,admiral and shicibukai.. to me, one piece is not like other manga, a longer the manga continue, more powerful enemy will show up, more training the hero gonna have to do and more crappy the storyline.. very2 sorry 4 bad english

MindGame
February 13, 2009, 07:12 AM
heh. Even if there aren't, Oda can always make new characters. Happened with DragonBall (Frieza was supposed to be the final enemy)

hisoga
February 14, 2009, 10:20 AM
its true but i dont think oda will be that stupid.. 4 me that will be boring and no respect to the characters itself.. akira toriyama himself say that dragonball supposed to end at piccollo arc-vol 16 but jump want him to continue..he's agree and continue until vol 42.. he doesnt want to cont but agree to become a supervisor to the dragonball gt,although in a limited way ..but dragonball gt was so suck and akira himself hate it so much, he quit and say that dragonball only had 42 vol and no more.. this is in his interview with eiichiro oda with some magazine and i dont remember what magazine is it...sorry 4 my opinion and very bad english..

Fox666
February 14, 2009, 10:53 AM
I do believe there will be strong guys other than Yonkou there. And Kid is not a small threat either.

Razh
February 14, 2009, 12:33 PM
I do believe there will be strong guys other than Yonkou there. And Kid is not a small threat either.

Oh I think there will be. Otherwise One Piece will become boring as hell.
We all know there are a lot of other pirates in New World, beside Yonkou crews, and Yonkou "reign" that area because they are most influential, and have strongest crews.

Now, compare Strawhats with Whitebeard pirates. Don't you think there's a lot of space to fill between their levels? Meaning there are probably quite a few pirate gangs that are weaker than Whitebeard pirates, but stronger than Strawhats.
So, I think that it's not impossible that there are individuals who are on the level of Shichibukai in those other crews.

Frankly, reducing entire New World to 4 strong pirate crews would destroy a lot of plot potential.

Imitorar
February 14, 2009, 09:55 PM
its true but i dont think oda will be that stupid.. 4 me that will be boring and no respect to the characters itself.. akira toriyama himself say that dragonball supposed to end at piccollo arc-vol 16 but jump want him to continue..he's agree and continue until vol 42.. he doesnt want to cont but agree to become a supervisor to the dragonball gt,although in a limited way ..but dragonball gt was so suck and akira himself hate it so much, he quit and say that dragonball only had 42 vol and no more.. this is in his interview with eiichiro oda with some magazine and i dont remember what magazine is it...sorry 4 my opinion and very bad english..
Falsehood of the highest order. You were right about Toriyama originally wanting to end the series with Goku vs. Piccolo Jr. and agreeing to continue on at his editor's behest, but you are massively wrong about Toriyama and GT. Not to mention the fact that Toriyama was originally gonna end the series after Frieza, but his wife convinced him to keep going. Then he was gonna end it after Cell, but again his editor convinced him to keep going. Then after Buu they finally let him end it, but there wasn't any sort of agreement to continue for another 26 or so volumes after the Piccolo Jr. arc.

And about GT, Toriyama was never even ON the staff of GT, because GT was Toei's project, it was like a 62 episode filler arc. Also, Toriyama has said that he likes GT very much and sometimes wishes that he had come up with it. (I find that Toriyama's desires for Dragon Ball became rather questionable after the Cell Games...) And as far as I know, Oda and Toriyama have only ever had one interview with each other, in the first Color Walk. I happen to own the licensed (and therefore translated) release of that Color Walk, not to mention having seen the translated interview on the Internet. And NOWHERE in it did either Oda or Toriyama even MENTION Dragonball GT. You are spreading false information, and citing a source that doesn't even discuss the topic you're bringing it as evidence about, let alone say what you say it does.

And there is no sense in bringing examples from Dragon Ball in this argument, because Oda and Toriyama plan their stories in EXTREMELY different ways. Toriyama came up with the story the week he drew it. He never really knew in advance what would happen. He may have had some general ideas, but alot of concrete details and sometimes even the basic plot were spur-of-the-moment ideas. He didn't have Frieza in mind when he started the series. I doubt he even had Krillin in mind until after the first Dragon Ball hunt. That's how Toriyama worked as an author.

Oda, on the other hand, mapped out the entire plot of One Piece during the year between Romance Dawn version 1 running in Akamaru Jump and One Piece beginning serialization. Some details have been switched around, and some things have been added or tweaked, but that's only the detailed stuff, the basic plot is the same as it was 11.5 years ago when the series started. In other words, Oda already has every arc planned out. He has all of the major characters, such as all 11 members of the final Straw Hat crew planned out (that's including Luffy). He had all 7 Shichibukai planned out from the beginning, and he has all 4 Yonko worked out. And once he's said that they're the strongest, that's it. That means that he has built his story around the premise that the Yonko are the four most powerful pirates in the world. And because Oda has already planned out the entire story, that fact cannot be changed later, because it would result in the story that he mapped out needing MASSIVE changes, and there's no sense in reworking the already written story so majorly.

hisoga
February 14, 2009, 10:30 PM
i agree with there will be more strong pirate or non pirate like mugiwara and supernova or even stronger but yonkou/admiral/other is still the top..and someday, mugiwara or supernova or the silver medalist or the unknown pirate or else will beat/fight one another and even the yonkou to become the greatest..the pirate king/other..

but still until that day come, yonkou is still the greatest pirate alive, dragon still the worst criminal, admiral still the marine ultimate force, mihawk still the world greatest swordsman, garp still the marine hero, secret is secret, one piece still one piece and Gold Roger still the Pirate King..

sorry 4 bad english...
[hr]
sorry 4 wrong info imitorar.. but the only source i can find right now about akira supervise DBGT is at wikipedia.. its true that in the interview they doesnt mention DBGT but akira did say he doesnt like DBGT in other occasion.. but i still cannot find the source coz i read that long time ago..so i'm sorry 4 the wrong information..but im not the one bring up the dragonball name in this forum.. jus carried away..hahaha.. i luv one piece and Dragonball..

paradoxe
February 15, 2009, 04:27 AM
Your guess is as good as mine, unless your name is Oda.

Tru_TO
February 16, 2009, 01:09 AM
we still haven't seen a lot of Pirate Hunters

Fox666
February 16, 2009, 02:05 AM
We had seem some. Either the Shichibukai also do pirate hunting, remember when Crocodile appeared in Arabasta to defeated a pirate and said "I am here only for that pirate head" (refering he wasn't trying to help people).

===//===//===

Actually, Toriyama does had something to do with GT. He doesn't supervisioned it, but he created various concepts and the base (very base) of the storyline.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/ChibiKiriyama/SS4GokuManga.jpg

There was another image, with chibi Goku, growth Pan and Trunks with Toriyama style, but I couldn't find.

Gecko Moria
February 16, 2009, 02:09 AM
Currently, I don't see Oda creating anyone stronger than the Yonkou and Shichibukai. They are like the bosses of the OP world so...unless Oda significantly lengthens the storyline or the Eleven Supernovas evolve and become so much stronger that they can surpass the Shichibukai.

Razh
February 16, 2009, 06:28 AM
...unless Oda significantly lengthens the storyline or the Eleven Supernovas evolve and become so much stronger that they can surpass the Shichibukai.

Why limit your imagination to Supernovas? They are just newcomers in the sea full of strong pirates. Yonkou are just strongest among those, and there is a lot of gap to fill between one of Supernovas and one of Yonkou.

We know almost nothing about the New World. But I bet there aren't a lot of pirates crews who are weaker than Supernovas.

RichardMNixon
February 16, 2009, 09:52 AM
One thing I just noticed, when WB asks Ace to join, he doesn't appear to have scars or be on life support. Since Ace only left home 3 years ago, he got messed up like that recently, not by Roger as I had thought. Could his opponent still be alive?

Fox666
February 16, 2009, 10:43 AM
Whitebeard says "this scar aches each time I see your face" or something like that. Was he talking about that scar in his chest? Well, the only relateds to Shanks I can think are: Roger (which was already dead 3 years ago) and Rayleigh.

( I think the life support is because of his age).

Why limit your imagination to Supernovas? They are just newcomers in the sea full of strong pirates. Yonkou are just strongest among those, and there is a lot of gap to fill between one of Supernovas and one of Yonkou.

We know almost nothing about the New World. But I bet there aren't a lot of pirates crews who are weaker than Supernovas.Because that make the adventure more fun. They would be rivals from the same generation.

Razh
February 16, 2009, 12:19 PM
We're talking about New World here, which is ruled by pirates, and only the strongest of them can make it there. Remeber how many pirate crews SH met in the first half of Grand Line? So how many other, stronger crews should be in the New World? Why is it so hard to survive there?
I can't be that naive to think that SH will have only Yonkou and other Supernovas to worry aboutm one they get to the New World.
After all, that marine officer which was reporting to Sengoku did mention that some other crews have started moving as well. By other, I don't think he meant other Yonkou crews. Otherwise he wouldn't call them just "other crews".

Superman
February 16, 2009, 02:02 PM
Less pirates and more pirate hunters? In a sea ruled by pirates?

Sure, makes a whole lotta sense.

I would be a bounty hunter because i dont believe in the one piece treasure in form of gold or bellies. Something way more beatiful awaits, than money. The Roger pirates are smart peoples who dominated the sea and had the most possibilites and the most freedom of the sea, like it seems. But i am lazy so i choose "easy" way:amuse

i agree that there are many strong and scary pirates or anything else in the new world like crocodile say but they are not so powerful and dominance as yonkou,admiral and shichibukai.. to me, one piece is not like other manga, a longer the manga continue, more powerful enemy will show up, more training the hero gonna have to do and more crappy the storyline.. very2 sorry 4 bad english

Yes your right. To introduce characters who are so damn strong and we never heard a word from them is just crap. I admit that the introduction of Duval was somehow trash imo. When Hachii was show it was more interesting, then the face was great and all was good again. At least to hear their names once is important like Hanocks name in TB http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/or, or to see their wanted poster.

One more thing is: I thing WB wont come and fight, because he cant. Something is wrong with this war. Either he gets confronted by BB with Kumas help what i dont believe, or he has a more serious illness, than drinking, since a few years what we may not know. Because of that he is maybe too weak for war.

Akainu
February 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
please forgive me for not reading every single post thoroughly, but has someone mentioned the "silver medallists" already? it would fit both the thread title AND Imitorars remark that WB is exempt, because those guys "only" lost to him and/or Roger...
that should give Oda more than enough free room to show us powerful pirates

+ an idea that just occured to me: with WB's fall WG could get cocky enough to send Marines openly into the New World *looksatsmokerhinaandsoon*

ah, I see hisoga did already - nvm

mugiwara84
February 16, 2009, 07:18 PM
Well I think Oda's been doing a good job showing that the Yonkou's are in a league of their own when one was considered the equal of the previous pirate king and an other is the one who inspired the future pirate king to become pirate and an other seems to have owned a shichi completely.

Shichibukai, well they are still one of the three world powers so they are far from your average pirate and I found them all impressive. And BB & WB are even considered to be Yonkou lvl but they are (a lot of) pirates that could be stronger or easely rival the other Shichibukais. Like Moria said himself (http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000474/12.jpg) Probably those silver medalists that Akainu mentioned. So Oda has enough playground to add strong opponents if he wants to keep on going. Didn't he said he would be a jump boy for life if possible?

Dragon, I doubt it. It's freaking Luffy & Ace dad & Garp son we're talking about. World most wanted man. He reeks of epicness that only people like WB & Roger compare to.

Razh
February 16, 2009, 08:04 PM
please forgive me for not reading every single post thoroughly, but has someone mentioned the "silver medallists" already?

I didn't mention the term, because it's just an expression. They could just as well be "runner ups".

I count those in the pirates that are between Whitebeard pirates (for example) and Strawhats in terms of strenght.

kangclaw
March 03, 2009, 06:33 PM
I like the Yonku, they seem really powerful.

Bugzee
August 31, 2010, 10:05 AM
Well BB is pretty much up there imo. The dude has two formidable devil fruit abilities and out of all the pirates that we've been introduced to, BB is the one that looks set to reach the Yonkou level first...

As far as a pirate more powerful than Yonkou, Shichibukai and Dragon...that's always going to be hard to answer and it's not something that's particularly important atm. I liked the way Mihawk summed it up; "That is no skill or technique ...but the simple ability to turn those around him into his allies..." (http://www.mangareader.net/103-36562-12/one-piece/chapter-561.html) So I guess...my answer is Monkey D. Luffy...obviously he has no chance atm though but eventually...I believe he'll do it. :D

kkck
August 31, 2010, 11:44 AM
Well, I could see individual pirates being as strong or perhaps stronger than the yonkou but in turn do not fully oppose them due to a lack of military might. Getting a crew of powerful members is not a small feat and by no means it is easy. Shanks, WB and the other yonkou not only should have a minimum of personal strength but also have extraordinarily powerful crewmates who add to their military might.

Poneglyph420
August 31, 2010, 03:25 PM
I do wonder about the Level 6 Escapees from ID. These "guys" could easily be as dangerous as the Shichibukai or remaining Yonkou. But like KKCK has mentioned many of the "powers of the NW" are also based on military might, and the content of their crews... So even a Lvl 6 "monster" would simply be a temporary issue unless they were able to muster a crew of some renown...

I do hope there is more than meets the eye as far as the potential dangers in the NW...

kkck
August 31, 2010, 03:40 PM
Well, sengoku mentioned a single level 6 prisoner would be enough for an entire nation to be in danger of being brought to ruin, in that sense I really doubt any of the level 6 prisoners has anything to fear from even the strongest people around. I doubt a level 6 prisoner could be considered just a temporary threat. Remember ennies lobbie? The strawhats, a crew of rookies, were able to bring down the entire military might of the place and some luck allowed them to escape the buster call. Level 6 prisoners are not rookies, for all we know a single one of them could do that much easily (specially if there are not plot devices to bring in battle ships and VAs to the place)

chess4
August 31, 2010, 04:03 PM
WB is dead so as to who is the strongest is up in the air............after lola's mom, i dont think the strawhats will get anymore allies.

i can see some of the level six prisoners being individually as strong as a shichibukai, but i wait to see about the yonkou. remember WB was still a beast at marineford even though he was sick.

like previous post said......military might is another reason the yonkou are so strong.

Aikidoka
August 31, 2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah...I'll echo everyone else's statements that Yonkou are more about 'political' strength/influence than personal strength. Obviously Yonkou themselves should be monsters, but as we saw of the NW so far (Drake attempting to steal an island from Kaidou, Jinbei's comments about Fishman Island being protected by WB, etc.), the territories they control are also a big part of their Yonkou status.

What with the two year timeskip, I don't think Jinbei and Boa are ruled out as SHs anymore, as the crew could get up to their level in strength. But I still prefer them being ally crews rather than crewmates, since that seems to be something the Yonkou (or at least WB and Kaidou) were big on. It would be epic to see a scene near the end of OP similar to the one before the WB War, where all the ally crews showed up to help WB...maybe Luffy goes 'we're going into war', and then all the crews they've met so far join them. A fleet that includes two ex-Shichibukai and maybe more...damn.

kkck
August 31, 2010, 08:21 PM
Personally, I don't think kaido is that strong, or at least he personally does not quite seem to be a match for shanks or WB IMHO. Moria was apparently his equal and shanks was able to appear at marineford but a day after he fought him. Considering kaido apparently did not even injure shank's crew and moria, arguably the weakest of the shichibukai, gave him a run for his money, I can't see him being that much of a beast. I think soon after the timeskip luffy will be the one to take kaido out (he has to take out a yonkou at some point and we know it won't be shanks).

Samui
September 01, 2010, 07:55 AM
Personally, I don't think kaido is that strong, or at least he personally does not quite seem to be a match for shanks or WB IMHO. Moria was apparently his equal and shanks was able to appear at marineford but a day after he fought him. Considering kaido apparently did not even injure shank's crew and moria, arguably the weakest of the shichibukai, gave him a run for his money, I can't see him being that much of a beast. I think soon after the timeskip luffy will be the one to take kaido out (he has to take out a yonkou at some point and we know it won't be shanks).
You actually think Kaidou isn't strong, and Shanks just owned him? REALLY? And yes, Moria WAS his equal, over 10 years ago until Kaidou became much stronger and raped him.

And no, they didn't fought. Shanks merely stopped him in the middle of the sea. I don't see any reason for Kaidou to fight Shanks. He wanted to attack Whitebeard, but stopped by Shanks. You think he would fight him all out and then go after Whitebeard?
No body said that Shanks jumped on his ship and clashed swords with Kaidou. Kaidou probably simply lost interest and went to his way.

(Drake attempting to steal an island from Kaidou
That is probably not the case. Drake is a former Rear Admiral, and I'm sure he isn't stupid enough to think that he can fuck around with one of the Yonkou, especially someone as brutal as Kaidou. If anything, I suppose he has a plan and intends to ally himself with Kaidou.

kkck
September 01, 2010, 08:16 AM
I was under the impression the manga stated shanks and kaido got into a fight. That said, how do you know kaido wasn't already a yonkou 10 years ago when he fought moria? There is a small chance he is a sort of young yonkou like shanks is but there is also a chance he has been around about as long as WB.

Samui
September 01, 2010, 09:53 AM
^

Marine: Red-Hair's started up a skirmish in the New World!
Just a skirmish.
And since Shanks came back without a scratch on him, it's safe to assume that he didn't jump on an enemy ship and clashed swords with Kaidou (or vice versa), but simply stopped him in the middle of the sea. Probably a short sea fight. You know, cannons, etc. Not an all out war.
If you think that Kaidou - one of the strongest pirates right now -was owned by Shanks who came back without a scratch on him, then whatever.
To me it makes sense, that's all.

kkck
September 01, 2010, 12:06 PM
Skirmish is kinda an ambiguous concept though and pirates are not exceptionally reasonable for certain things. If shanks is on his way to marineford and kaido gets in the way I can't imagine shanks not retaliating. What you are suggesting is kinda like this scenario:

Kaido: Sup shanks, what ya up to?
Shanks: kaidoman! how is it hanging? I am just on my way to stop the insanity back at marineford, can't stay to chat.
Kaido: Ohhh... that's a problem you see....
Shanks: OMG, I am so sorry, I did not realize. Lets stop at that spot and talk this over while we drink a couple cold ones.
Kaido: Actually, I am taking some antibiotics right now so I can't do alcohol... I know a nice little coffee shop around the corner.
Shanks: Sounds wonderful, lets do that.

The way I see it, a skirmish among pirates (let along yonkou) is more along the lines of this:

Kaido: SHANKS! I will not let you stop the war! No way IN FUCKIN HELL I am about to let you waste this chance of getting WB destroyed and by extention a chance for me to expand my control over the NW.
Shanks: I won't stay quiet in face of such a thing. You get in our way and we will retaliate, we have no time for petty games like this.
Kaido: BRING IT ON BITCH!

Not to mention the "skirmish" was described as a huge incident, something of extreme importance. I doubt a mere argument (with words and no swords) would be in itself that big a deal.

Samui
September 01, 2010, 12:46 PM
I actually thought that Shanks was with Whitebeard to begin with. When Kaidou appeared, Shanks had to let Whitebeard go on to Marineford while he and his crew stay behind to stop Kaidou from reaching Whitebeard. And no, I said it probably was a sea fight between their ships, nothing more. And Kaidou didn't want to stop the war, he tried to attack Whitebeard. But when Shanks interferred, he had no choice but leave to his business. Why fight another Yonkou? He wanted Whitebeard's head. He can't have it if he starts a fight with Shanks anyway, so he left.

But once again, if you think Kaidou is such a weakling compared to the other Yonkou, then whatever.

Not to mention the "skirmish" was described as a huge incident, something of extreme importance. I doubt a mere argument (with words and no swords) would be in itself that big a deal.
The Gorosei were also so afraid from Whitebeard and Shanks alliance, when in reality they didn't even intend on making one. They do tend to make a big deal of it. Momonga didn't even know the details, all he knew was that it was a skirmish between two Yonkou crews.

Lord.Strife
September 11, 2010, 07:08 AM
Very interesting. I believe that there will be more pirate just below the yonkou interms of power or equal in individualize poor but do not have a crew to back them up so to speak. My biggest question is how stong is the pan fleet admiral and the garosei. I think that all six are as powerful as a yonkou in individual power but do not go to the nw since they have governorship issues to preform. I think that it will take the combined might of the yonkous and the pirate king to challenge the WG and all its might. When we see the pan admiral and gorosei on the move then things have gotten serious

FaustXIII
September 11, 2010, 07:12 AM
For me I think the most powerful characters (including diceased ones) lately in One Piece are:

S-Class

Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp
Former Fleet Admiral Sengoku
Shanks
Edward "Whitebeard" Newgates
Bigmom
Kaidou

A-Class

"Phoenix" Marco
"Flower Sword" Vista
"Diamond" Jozu
Jinbei
Doflamingo Donquixote
Juraquile Mihawk
Akainu
Aokiji
Kizaru
Eneru
Shiryuu of the Rain
Magellan
Ben Beckman

chess4
September 11, 2010, 10:42 AM
i agree that the true beast of the WG consist of 11 people, and they are:

sengoku, garp, kong, the 5 gorousei, and the 3 admirals. we have seen the 3 admirals and their ability. we have seen a bit from garp and sengoku, and i beleive we have only scene fraction of their powwer. im sure kong is a monster, he has to be at least as strong as garp and sengoku. the gorousei are interesting, i cant wait to see them, maybe they have some special type of fruit powers.

as far as the yonkou. i would say that they are the best in the NW. im sure some of the levl 6 prisoners can hang one on one for a bit, but the yonkou are like generals of their areas and are repected as such.

dragon just looks like he is a beast, so it would be safe to say he is just as strong as a yonkou or WG top member in respect and strength