PDA

View Full Version : Map of the ocean/seas.

EvilSniffles
January 27, 2009, 12:15 PM
I am trying to find/understand the layout of the oceans in one piece. I understand that there is 2 main lines the grand line and the red line, both encircle the world, and are perpendicular to each other. The red line being a continent of sorts and the grand line being a equator of the world, surrounded by 2 clam belts.

From this map: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Opeastbluerv8.jpg

It shows where luffy starts off from and works his way to. He is going in a west ward motion or south ward motion if the arrow of the compass is north. He comes to reverse mountain where he crosses it over to meet the whale who is bashing his head against it. ( I could be wrong as it has been a while since I read those chapters.) Now does luffy go back up reverse mountain to enter the grand line as shown on the map or is he already in the grand line where the whale is bashing his head.

I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the layout of the one piece ocean/seas/world. For all I know the seas could be like so
RNRE
RGRG
RWRS

R= redline
G= grandline
NEWS= North, East, West, South, a Z formation

The section of the Grand Line we have yet to see is the "New World" ruled over by the 4 Yonkous(sp).