PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Who will be the last opponent?

mck06
November 07, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well Predictions Threads are always fun. I think that we are like in the half of the history. 1 by 1 the Shichibukai are been pwned. We have The Yonkou but i don't think that they will be the final fight. For me will be someone of the Marine a high rank maybe the chief of Aokiji. For sure we'll see a fight betewn Whitebeard and Blackbeard, maybe blackbeard winning and then luffy taking revenge of his Brohter well off topic :P. Just tell me your opinion of the last opponent :O ( D Dragon ?)

Ayle
November 07, 2007, 03:54 PM
Blackbeard still alive? Didn't Ace and him die?

Absolutio
November 07, 2007, 04:47 PM
Blackbeard is confirmed to be alive and kicking - being granted the title of Shichibukai (the newest one).

@mck06:
I don't that we're even at the 1/4 of the series. There are so many things that should happen, so many sagas to come that's it makes all the journey/chapters that we've been through seem like a lil dot. I mean, We need to be introduced to more shichibukai, the 2 others yonkous, ace's piece of paper, 2 more admirals of the marines (songoku is the chief) and some leaders of the WG as well.. Not to mention that they're also supposed to go to raftel, which is at the end of the new world (which they've just entered). So they are halfaway to their target, but storywise, I think we can surely assume that we're not at the 1/2 mark yet.

And I too, think that the final opponent will be Songoku+mighty fleet of the marines/WG. Trying to prevent Luffy (or generally any other pirate) from getting One Piece (w.e this is).

gdupninja
November 07, 2007, 04:57 PM
i think Oda-sensei or someone else said that they are easily gonna pass the 1000 chapter mark or something like that. Thats what I heard. Yeah we still got a long way to go. Not to mention that we still havent really seen Dragon in action yet. There is 2 more Yonkou members left and A bunch of marines like Absulito said. We still havent really seen much of Shanks crew in action. If Rockstar has a 94,000,000 belli bounty then i can only imagine where the rest of the crews at. The straw hats still got room in the crew. Absulito was on the money with what he said so there really isnt that much more too add. Thats the great thing about onepiece. This wonderful story is gonna go on for a long time!

Azhrael
November 08, 2007, 03:39 AM
i think the final opponent will be bb, cuz is the only one that have D in his name, between the enemies (we still dont know dragon's aim and his ideas...but maybe he is wanted, so he could help his son to find one piece...) and that mean that there will be a fight for one piece...
Also sengoku+maine's fleet against all the pirates, could be a nice fight...
i think(and hope) that could happen something like this:
mugiwara crew fight and defeat 5 of the 6 remaining shichibukai, leaving bb for last.
then they reach one piece and learn about void century, meanwhile bb fought and defeat 3 of 4 yonkou (exept shanks) or al least wb. Then the will be a fight betwen shanks and luffy, in wich luffy will win, maybe cuz shanks would not finish him, and that will make him defeated...but still alive.
then marina will attack full force raftel,and thena war between pirates and wg will start, and there will be some fight like aokiji against ace (yes he's still alive!) and the 2 other admiral will fought against sanji and mugiwara, while zoro fighting the swordswoman that is under smoker's comand.
Then luffy will defeat sengoku, and then bb suddendly appear and try to kill trawhat, but shanks will decide to sacrifice himself and save luffy, that will start an epic fight between bb and luffy, that will end one piece's fight...

ps: i forgot mihawk, but maybe in the end he will fight against zoro instead of the 4 eyes girl or side to side with the pirates army, cuz he seems a worthy man, with nice values...

hollowfied
November 08, 2007, 04:28 AM
hmm

Last enemy definitely Blackbeard.

DutchPhoenix
November 08, 2007, 05:59 AM
i think blackbeard/mihawk

Absolutio
November 08, 2007, 06:06 AM
I don't think that mihawk can be the last opponent, coz he's Zoro's opponent, and the last one should either be Luffy's battle (since he's the captain (and main char)), or the whole crew's battle.

Franckie
November 09, 2007, 07:02 PM
Luffy's final opponent will be Blackbeard. BB has already made the future ordeal between him and Luffy personal by already killing Ace. It remains yet to be seen though if BB will take a renewed interest in Luffy, perhaps in stopping him from becoming Pirate King. Likewise, their similar, yet opposing tastes and with BB possessing the power of darkness makes him final villain material for Luffy.

Zoro's final opponent will be Mihawk no doubt. Those two have a score that won't be settled until everything is close to being done, so you can count on their fight only occuring when the manga is coming to an end, which will be years from now.

Dunno about everyone else though.

Punky fish
November 12, 2007, 01:22 AM
HA! Shanks or blackbear

hollowfied
November 12, 2007, 05:46 AM
Whos blackbear?

You mean Higuma? But I thought the Seaking already killed him like at teh very beginning..

noonethere
November 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
no, i think he meant blackbeard

I think that the final opponent might be some terribly powerful seaking/machine that guard the last island but the last pirate luffy will face is most likely to be blackbeard.

DutchPhoenix
November 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
i dont think blackbeard will be the final opponent for luffy, i think blackbeard is what whitebeard was for gol d roger

and i personally think coby will the final opponent for luffy

mck06
November 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
i don't think that coby will raise to that rank on the WG maybe he'll be Garps first on charge. For me the last opponent will be Songoku or the Gorōsei.

gfire2
November 15, 2007, 03:20 AM
gold roger himself, to be a pirate king u must take down the old pirate king

mck06
November 15, 2007, 09:42 AM
a Zombie ? how he can fight him if he was murdered in front of all that people

Imitorar
November 15, 2007, 10:23 AM
gold roger himself, to be a pirate king u must take down the old pirate king

a Zombie ? how he can fight him if he was murdered in front of all that people

Yeah, seriously. gfire2, were you actually thinking when you posted that? Or were you drunk? The fact that Roger died was made obvious on the first page of the series. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/) The Viz version says "before they lopped off his head. The Japanese version says "before his execution". Either way, it means that he's dead. Shanks and Smoker were THERE and they said he was dead. There is absolutely no basis to any theory that involves Roger being alive.

gfire2
November 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
never noe though anithing could happen in one piece there are still many secrets in one piece that havent been revealed

and my speculation has a chance just as good as everyone here

Absolutio
November 15, 2007, 05:24 PM
Disregarding the fact that Roger is dead. It would be too much like Afro Smurai if Luffy had to beat Roger to be the Pirate King. (Like in Afro Samurai - only no. 2 can challange no. 1 and take his title).

sharingan_kakashi
November 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
Shanks will be the last oponent. he has to give the hat back before or at the end

arcrouma
November 19, 2007, 11:17 PM
It could be The red haired, Blackbeard, or Marines

MrStrawHat
December 02, 2007, 12:14 AM
My best guess is the poor b#str# who gets ahold of Ancient weapons and try to scre# with WG and all of the pirates. Either that, or BB,WB,RH. I would LOVE to see alliance of all the Villians who got their A## kicked by Luffy, but it would NEVER happen, most likely. So, my guess is the holder of the Ancient weapon, whether it be pirate or WG itself.

Absolutio
December 02, 2007, 05:14 AM
I would LOVE to see alliance of all the Villians who got their A## kicked by Luffy

That would be too much like Dragon Ball GT.. And although Oda IS a big fan of the Dragon Ball series, his creativity surpasses Akira Toriyama's, meaning, "he can do better than that.. ;) "

Impel Down
December 02, 2007, 12:14 PM
Final villain: The Mountain Bandit King.

Higuma will have his revenge.

MrStrawHat
December 03, 2007, 10:11 PM
Final villain: The Mountain Bandit King.
....... Impel, didn't he get eaten by the 'Monster of shore'? I have come to conclusion that Luffy will beat 'Majin Boo!'(Gets killed.) I mean, We are forgetting Buggy. He has entered Grand line and he is KICKING! We must not take him out of the Equation here.

Wale
December 13, 2007, 10:32 PM
... Buggy as the last enemy :D :D :D :D

It could be The red haired, Blackbeard, or Marines

Red-Hair could it be.. because Luffy said he will surpass Shanks.

mck06
December 18, 2007, 11:30 AM
I think that black beard is winning :D

Dragon04
December 18, 2007, 08:54 PM
I think it will be one of 4 people. My predictions in this order

Shanks

Blackbeard ( though this fight may come way sooner now considering what Kuma told Nami. It seems the BB beat Ace so if Luffy finds out then who knows what he will do.)

Admiral Sengoku

Some person we haven't seen yet

Also Zoro's will be Mihawk

Koen
December 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
... Buggy as the last enemy :D :D :D :D

You share my thoughts (buggy and shanks)

Organizized
December 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
The last opponent will be.... PANDAMAN :D

Okay, maybe not. But both Shanks, Buggy and Blackbeard would make sense, though the Buggy pirates has to get a great deal stronger to compete with the mugiwaras now, and to make it to Raftel in the first place.

I personally hope for Shanks to be the final one. I'm usually not one for the "happy for the rest of their days"-kind of endings, but if Shanks was the last opponent, that would leave it for the perfect happy and possibly emotional ending which would perfectly fit this series.

Impel Down
December 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
The last opponent will be.... PANDAMAN :D

One of the Gorosei has been wearing the Pandaman mask and suit so that he can secretly spy of the crew so he can fight them in the end, knowing all of their moves.

But I don't really know about Shanks being the final one. I'm thinking maybe Shanks's killer could be the final opponent, but that's a long shot.

mr.danly
December 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
you've gotta be kidding me. The gorosei? They're four old dudes who rule the world. They CAN'T FIGHT. PERIOD. And it's already been said, repeatedly, that AOKIJI is the strongest fighter of the marines. Rank has nothing to do with power. Sengoku is a higher RANK than Aokiji, but Aokiji is stronger.

Absolutio
December 22, 2007, 02:51 PM
It has already been stated that what you just said is a complete nonsense that comes from a wrong translation.
The correct translation is "[Ao Kiji is] part of the marine strongest forces" or something along the lines of that. I'll check out the "strongest person" thread in few min, coz we discussed it there too..
And the Gorosei probably do can fight. Since rank=power/strength, they should've at least got some power to achieve what they are now.

Impel Down
December 22, 2007, 05:31 PM
you've gotta be kidding me. The gorosei? They're four old dudes who rule the world. They CAN'T FIGHT. PERIOD. And it's already been said, repeatedly, that AOKIJI is the strongest fighter of the marines. Rank has nothing to do with power. Sengoku is a higher RANK than Aokiji, but Aokiji is stronger.

The Gorosei are, first of all, five old dudes who rule the world. And when you rule the world, you've obviously got to put some major muscle behind that. And even if Ao Kiji is the strongest fighter in the Marines, which as Abso already said isn't true, the Gorosei CONTROL the Marines, so that would mean they control Ao Kiji, you see.

Oh, and I made it painfully clear that I wasn't fully serious about the Gorosei, but I wouldn't be suprised if they were in fact the de facto villains. The Ghandi guy seems like he'd fight Zoro.

Imitorar
December 22, 2007, 06:49 PM
The Gorosei are/were definitely strong, probably all former Admirals and Fleet Admirals. So even if they got weaker with age, they're still PLENTY strong enough to put up a good fight. And Aokiji being the final opponent as opposed to the other two Admirals seems unfair, as does saying that he's stronger then them when we haven't even SEEN them yet.

hollowfied
December 23, 2007, 07:15 AM
It was stated in the manga that Aokiji is the 'strongest fighter' in the marines.

The Gorousei isn't in the Marines so they might stronger. They don't look like it, and I don't think strength = rank either.

Absolutio
December 23, 2007, 07:25 AM
You are wrong.. ;)

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/04/

Impel Down
December 24, 2007, 01:08 PM
You are wrong.. ;)

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/04/

Kizuru's hat is stupid.

But yeah, that proves that the Admirals are given their position based on strength. Unlike in the Real World, they need actual fighting skills in the Marines, not just loyalty and tactical expertise, although Tsuru was made VA based on her planning abilities.

Absolutio
December 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
who was Tsuru again? :s

Impel Down
December 24, 2007, 07:42 PM
who was Tsuru again? :s

At the meeting in Marie Joie, she was the old lady. It said there that she was a tactician.

Oblivion
December 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
like in every arc every character gets his opponent, meaning a whole crew will have to be defeated.

either they will face the marines or the blackbeared crew in the end.

Organizized
December 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
Blackbeard is the obvious future antagonist, which is a really good reason for him to be the last opponent. The only hindrance I find is that there's also a slight chance that Oda came up with him as a replacement for Crocodile in the process and that he wasn't in the ending Oda had in mind from the very beginning. The risk isn't that big though, since alot of the recent events revolve around Blackbeard and seems really thought out, and as much as I would like Shanks as the last opponent, it will most likely be Blackbeard.

mck06
December 26, 2007, 09:26 AM
AOKIJI looks like have a good heart and he's a oneman crew so i think so because that he can't the last opponent thats my opinion. We don't know much about sengoku but he knows the past of the pirates like gold d. roger and whitebeard so maybe he was a pirate and has his crew he can be. The Gorousei are a crew and i don't think that they are a weak one. he can manipulate or control the Shichibukai. one has a sword so i think that they can fill up the space of the last oponent. and maybe if they win luffy can disband the Marines but D. Dragon also wants that. So then maybe he can enter into the history and attack luffy because he'll be the strongest person ?

Astral_Shive
January 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
Gold D. Roger maybe :D

You never know what secrets are in the last island..........

Organizized
January 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
As was said on another page: He was executed. In front of a whole lot of people. He isn't gonna be there.

Astral_Shive
January 10, 2008, 07:41 PM
I know that he was executed i know i know

But you really dont know what actually is in the last island......
maybe some coping machines
????

What if Roger use one stay there and sent his copy to kill
and if luffy come on island he will see roger and his crew there?

hmmmmmmmmm
Even for me that sound too unrealistic...........................

Freakzin
January 11, 2008, 02:06 PM
He could have eaten the Bunshin Bunshin No Mi , i know there can`t be fruits with that many letters but you get the idea of the fruits, so he can have maximum 2 copies and him at the same time. You only kill him if you get all 3 of them. It`s a possibility

Listic
January 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
Guys, it's a long shot ;). But really who knows what Oda might come up with.

Blackbeard seems to me as the last opponent, and i think him and Luffy(Straw hats) are going to travel along the grand line simultaneously - eventually, at the Raftel they'll meet, and the BIG brawl will find place.

But i so want to learn more about the Shank-Blackbeard relationship. Somehow i see Shanks being NEARLY defeated by Blackbeard.

bittman
January 18, 2009, 09:57 PM
Marshall D. “Blackbeard” Teach – One Piece's Final Boss

So here I will describe, in a descriptive and thoughtful manner, my favourite antagonist and the man I would put quite a large amount of money on to be the Final Antagonist the Strawhat's must overcome in One Piece. It's a large call, and we all know trying to predict Oda is about as difficult pulling an airplane with your teeth. Few people can do it, but even then not all the time. I don't claim to know Oda, 90% of my predictions are wrong, but this is something I have a good hunch on and have been saying it for quite some time in random threads that Kurohige appears in. So to describe my reasoning in a nice thread of it's own rather than typing it in everything he appears in (which is a lot lately since he defeated Ace); here we go.

The Man:

Blackbeard has a character which is both unique and a collection of many of Oda's character creation normalities. Here I will dissect the character himself without little reference to his actions and One Piece history.

Marshall D. “Blackbeard” Teach is, by name alone, already a highly important character. We can dissect his name into two major components. Firstly, both his last name and nickname are a homage to Oda's favourite character (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Teach#cite_ref-Odafavpirate_0-0) the real-life Edward “Blackbeard” Teach (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Teach). One of the most notorious pirates of the Carribbean and America known for multiple successes against both marine forces and other pirates, Blackbeard led a powerful force which was eventually defeated by 2 sloops (ships) and 60 naval officers after a long chase. Though a lot of the fleshy Blackbeard's actions are relatively impossible to parallel to the inky Blackbeard (particularly given our Blackbeard's incomplete history), two important points stick out from his actions:

Blackbeard spent most of his early life apprenticed to a prominent, but honourable, pirate. (Parallel to his time with Whitebeard)
After much pirateering, Blackbeard and his most trusted crew turned themselves in, in exchange for a pardon and retained command of his ship, though eventually reverted back to his pirate ways. (Parallel to his uptake of Shichibukai status)

The second part of Blackbeard's namesake is the elusive fourth letter of the alphabet which has created discussions for a decade of One Piece: D. Oda does not bestow these gems lightly, they are the equivalent to a V.I.P ticket for the Oscars and their bearers are all privy to major plot changing events of One Piece. Of the seven D's revealled thus far:
TWO are deceased, though have been involved in dramatic plot events (Pirate Era for Gol and Ohara for Saul) quite possibly relating to their own namesake.
FOUR are of the same direct bloodline and are each famed far and wide for different reasons.
ONE is the only living D who does not exist directly within this famed bloodline (to our current knowledge).
Speculating the Will of D is not what this thread will focus on, but instead I will just note that no character has been given the D initial and faded easily into obscurity. Saul is easily the most arguable point on this, but I weigh Saul's contribution next to Robin's. Every D carries a sweeping change to everything they pass and few escape their vicinity without witnessing some sort of change.

Now (finally), I'll leave the heritage of Blackbeard's name and examine the fictional character's design and appeal to a writer (Oda) and audience (Us). Blackbeard's character design is, by comparison to some of the outrageous and hip character designs of One Piece, rather lacklustre. Though his mangy black hair, partially toothless grin and obese build result in a partially unique character, nothing is particularly memorable. Even the Blackbeard for which he is known is nothing more than a dirty stubble outlining his jawline. However, if I was a cartoonist (which I'm not), and I was asked to draw a stereotypical pirate by my vision, Blackbeard would quite possibly be the result (though he'd probably have a poofey shirt and some tight leather). Intact with unkempt hair, useless jewelled trinkets, gold trimmed captains jacket and pirate tricone, I would be hard pressed finding a more stereotypical pirate amongst the One Piece cast (Zoro would be my next closest).

Personality wise, Blackbeard is a little different from most. Though we indeed have seen ambitious and greedy pirates in One Piece (Crocodile notably), Blackbeard and his crew are particularly interested in fate and it's hold on people and the world. Blackbeard despises those who do not dream for the heights, and eyes those who fate favours whilst thinking he himself is also chosen by fate. Whether he is or not is a contentious issue as he has been proven to be quite lucky (by running into Ace he secured the Shichibukai position he sought) but also slightly deluded (believing the Yami Yami no Mi chose him, though it did actually fall into the hands of Thatch first). To follow up on this, fate and destiny is mentioned by Oda with great weight and it is a concept of the One Piece world which could be dwelled into with great depth.

A pirate spirit that can sacrifice lives for the sake of ambition/dream!!
Picture with huge speech balloons and tiny characters
Blackbeard: "The ambition of a man!!! Will never end!!!!"
He has the same attitude as Luffy when it comes to ambition! The only difference is that Teach could resort to underhand means to achieve his ambitions.
- Yellow Databook: http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=13043099&postcount=5

The Yami Yami no Mi, without particularly going into specifics of it's strength, is both unique and highly useful to plot. The element of darkness itself is easily associated with major antagonists and Oda has even gone so far as to combine it with gravity which is an element which has hold over almost every other element as far as science is determined. Rather than simply make the darkness element a normal logia type, Oda has tweaked it to make it severely unique in that the damage cannot be nullified via elementalising the user, and in fact the damage is supposedly heightened. This unusual handicap plus the devil fruit nullification ability kind of balance out, but suddenly this feels like a lot of effort has been made towards a devil fruit when typically most antagonists are just given an ability and four to five different ways they abuse its power before luffy sends them flying. No writer makes effort lightly and the only fruits I have seen thus far with so much variety in application are probably Gomu Gomu no Mi (Luffy - gears), Goro Goro no Mi (Enel – Best Logia demonstration so far), Kage Kage no Mi (Moria – overwhelming control over shadows) and Nikyu Nikyu no Mi (Kuma – Best Parmecia demonstration so far).

Finally (for now), Blackbeard's crew is just as important as the man himself. No self important final boss would be there to take down an entire crew/army by himself and only idiotic bad guys who monologue and make ten stage plans that can be easily foiled do this (read: most bad guys everywhere ever. James Bond, Captain Planet and most Marvel comic franchises are good for this). Five named crewmembers (six if you count the horse) have already been revealed for the Blackbeard crew which puts it behind quite a few pirate crews such as Thriller Bark (quite a few small names for zombies), Baroque Works (so many numbers!), Kuja Pirates (though the warriors may not technically be pirates), Foxy Pirates (also many small names), Sunny Pirates (if you include Arlong Pirates) and the Strawhats. Technically, I would only put Blackbeard's behind the Strawhat's for pirate crews as most of the above included two page characters (Foxy, Kuja, Moria) or over a couple of different arcs (BW, Sunny). Four of the five named crewmembers have their names also tied in with known historical pirates (Blackbeard, Van Auger, Jesus Burgess, Laffite), and though this isn't quite a V.I.P ticket to One Piece's greatest events like the D initial, it is also nothing to be taken lightly else Oda is wasting his time with meaningless research. Of many known pirate crews, Blackbeard's is the only one in which positions other than “Fighter”, “Gooder Fighter” and “Goodest Fighter” as we have Auger the Sniper, Burgess the Helmsman, Doc Q the Doctor and Laffite the Navigator. So to summarise this long paragraph, Blackbeard's crew is well defined and has been given a surprising amount of effort for enemies who aren't to be dispatched within the same arc they were introduced.

The Legend:

Blackbeard, despite his few appearances on screen/paper, has caused a sweeping change through the world. Those who have met him have left with an impression, and his actions so far in One Piece speak louder than the few paragraphs I will type following this statement.

Our earliest knowledge of Blackbeard and his motley crew comes from two scarce mentions before his actual appearance. Firstly, Dalton mentions the attack from the Blackbeard pirates which forced their king Wapol to flee without throwing up any resistance. Though I instinctively tagged Blackbeard as “bad-guy”, a thought crept into my head that, because of Wapol's runner, Blackbeard Pirates may have actually freed the Drum Empire from his villainy. This, however, was expertly quashed by Oda a mere 20 chapters later as Ace is introduced with his mission of hunting Blackbeard who killed one of Whitebeard's own crew, a nakama of his own. My tagging of Blackbeard pirates changed with this, however I saw the new antagonists more as a means for Luffy and Ace to meet later down the track and fight a common nemesis.

His first appearance in Jaya did nothing more than reinforce this whilst giving Blackbeard all the signs he would be an enemy to be met sooner rather than later. Even though it was unusual for an enemy to be revealed and not defeated in the same arc, Oda had already begun to build some useful long term antagonists with Smoker and Mihawk already by this stage, so adding another seemed inconsequential. At the same time, Blackbeard illustrated the same persona as the other long time antagonists by, though having quite a fearsome reputation, making a likable character in ignoring DoFlamingo's gang though his crew gave a cruel impression of their own with their games of fate. It was at this time Laffite also suggested Blackbeard as a Shichibukai replacement to the WG, and though I thought this was impressive, I still just logged Blackbeard as a mid-tier Shichibukai that would be defeated when Luffy reunites with Ace probably in a couple of arcs time.

However, it was not until after the Water7/Enies Lobby arc that everyone begun to pay attention to the Blackbeard. Within the matter of 10 chapters, not only was Blackbeard given a great threat level by Shanks, the Yonkou captain who had always, to me, looked like Luffy's final boss, but also defeated Ace with an ease we thought impossible. The meeting between Whitebeard and Shanks was always one of high interest between us as it was impossible to guess the reason for it. A common front against the WG was a likely guess, but for the large amount of effort the both obviously underwent to break through marine forces just to talk about Blackbeard seemed very peculiar. Not only this, but Shanks' infamous scar over his eye was accredited to the former member of Whitebeard's crew and I would go so far as to say I can detect a level of fear from the tone of the red-haired's words. Sure, I'll never go so far as to say “Blackbeard can totally pwn Shanks without even trying”, but surely you cannot read over Shanks' words to Whitebeard and believe there is not a level of fear there. He may be concerned for Ace, but even then I expect, more than that, he is concerned for the world and would rather Whitebeard stayed his hand and keep Ace for a larger battle.

The person who left three scars on Shanks' face!!
Shanks: "What hurts the most now is this scar...!!!"
Shanks got the scars on his face during his battle with Blackbeard. Able to injure Shanks without the help of the Dark Dark Fruit, Blackbeard's power should be considered as incredible...?!
- Yellow Databook: http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=13043099&postcount=5

Words are, of course, meaningless in the face of actions as the build up for the Ace v Blackbeard showdown appeared over 2 glorious chapters. The entire battle was completely unpredictable by anyone's standards and we were left with ominous words which, as we now know, eventually resulted in Whitebeard openly attacking the World Government. The power Blackbeard displayed was definitely unique and though the battle is still discussed in terms of how close it actually was, with Blackbeard as the winner I'm going to lean slightly upon my bias here for a bit and ignore all the guys/girls who are hot for Ace. From how I read the two chapter fight, Blackbeard was probably given his first true battle with his new Devil Fruit and he came out relatively unscathed. Sure, he took quite a few hits which is uncommon, but when Blackbeard nullified Ace's greatest ability, the ability to elementalise himself and allow damage to pass through, it simply became a glorified fist fight. And in this glorified fist fight, Ace was the first to recognise the raw strength of Blackbeard which could break the neck of Whitebeard's second division captain. Ace was able to counter beyond the handicap which was unexpectedly forced upon him, but even with all the fire in the world at his command and a dragonball-esque spirit bomb in his hand, Blackbeard did not only emerge victorious (but I won't say unscathed, as the end is not completely shown), but also quite possibly stronger for the experience against a real opponent.

After this fight everyone, myself notably more apparantly, took notice of Blackbeard in a new light as a contender for the strongest pirate of One Piece. Though arguments often come down to his short range melee fighting style and that he takes more damage than anyone physically should be able to, I'm only here to relay the facts of his power in terms of the story so I won't post what I haven't already posted in other Blackbeard V <insertstrongguyhere> threads. Though we already guessed Blackbeard would replace Crocodile if he captured Ace, we only had to wait another few chapters for the confirmation from another Shichibukai: Kuma. Now I'm as much a fan of Kuma as I am of Blackbeard, so I take anything the rather unpredictable Shichibukai says alongside words from Oda himself. As Kuma alerts Moria of the new appointment, there is one quote I want you to pay attention to:

“Well, it's good that they've managed to fill the empty spot. That should bring back the world's equilibrium or whatever, right?” “....No. In my opinion, the situation would seem to indicate the exact opposite...but no matter.”
- Moria and Kuma: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/474/13/
Though we can easily admit Blackbeard is more of an opponent than Crocodile would ever be, the balance of the world is not so delicate that by filling in the gap for a Shichibukai the balance would tip in the favour of one side. This may sound like an off-comment to some, but to me it's more Oda foreshadowing that Blackbeard is a force to be reckoned with, but more than that it's a sign that the WG is aiming for the end of the pirate era and Blackbeard is the extra force they have been searching for. However, I'm sure they are as aware as we are that Blackbeard has plans inside plans and did not accept the Shichibukai title just because it makes him feel stronger. We know Blackbeard spent a good decade or so with Whitebeard just to have the opportunity of finding a rare Devil Fruit, so his reasons for joining the Shichibukai are probably also not so black-and-white. Combine this with some words from Oda's yellow databook and we have an enemy who is as unpredictable as Oda:

He killed his companion in order to fight for ownership of the Dark Dark Fruit. Once the time is ripe, he starts to roll out the plans which he has been hatching for a long time!!

Finally we have Blackbeard with the Shichibukai readying himself for Whitebeard's assault, and though by the time the confrontation actually happens this thread will possibly be archived, I will mention it here that it is almost because of Blackbeard that the WG has declared war. I can predict that Blackbeard will defeat Whitebeard and all sorts of crazy things, but for now this is where our facts with Blackbeard and his history end. Everything else is for the future (10 more years of One Piece, whoohoo!)

The Final Boss:

By comparison, from both a writer's and reader's perspectives, there are very few currently viable “Final Bosses”. The obvious candadites currently, excluding Blackbeard himself, consist of Shanks, Whitebeard, Dragon, an admiral (leaving it vague for now) and the Gorousei. I will gloss over each one below before returning to my rant topic, but first I just have to say that my prediction of Blackbeard being the final boss is given with comparison to these other viable final bosses. I acknowledge that, given One Piece is only “half full”, someone else may appear in the future that will change my mind. So for now, this is how I view the others as possible Final Bosses with my personal ranking of how likely I feel they would be:

Shanks – Shanks is, though a Yonkou and extremely powerful, a friend of Luffy's, and by extension, his crew. Though Shanks is one of Luffy's aims and someone Luffy may have to fight, an epic battle of friend versus friend just doesn't have the same emotion a battle to dictate the direction of the world would have. So though a Shanks fight would be epic and excellent and may even happen, because of their similar creeds it would be a battle where it really doesn't matter who wins. One Piece hasn't had any of these battles yet.
Admiral – I would like to put money on Aokoji, but as we are yet to see Akainu (and I still think Smoker is moving up ranks fast), I won't give a name. Nevertheless, a marine enemy is an easy enemy for Oda to write and they are all quite powerful. Luffy would easily be pressed against any admiral, whether he has Haki in the future or not, so I see it as also likely. That said, I just don't feel they rate to Blackbeard and all they would do would be to deny the One Piece to Luffy rather than claim it for their own. In that way, it makes it more a battle that Luffy could flee from and come back tomorrow and try again for. Of course, it's also possible that the WG could throw any number of plot elements alongside an Admiral like Pluton. It's only number 2 because I can't figure out which Admiral I would throw against them and only Aokoji and Smoker have really been fleshed out half decently so far.
Dragon – Well, it's been predicted by a lot of people, but I put Dragon here more because of popular opinion rather than my actual beliefs. Dragon is trying to free the world of the WG, so I'm still wondering why he'd ever fight Luffy unless its about his mother, brother, grandpa etc or Dragon is doing something evil for the greater good. Either reason to me makes it more a family squabble than an epic fight the Strawhat's can all join in on. Most wanted criminal or not, I imagine Dragon's most powerful weapon is his mouth and though he's probably strong he's probably also not one who would fight Luffy.
Whitebeard – Well he is “The Strongest Man in the World”, but he'll be dead soon so he's only here as an obligatory cameo.
Gorousei – Combine them with the Admirals, and they're number 1. On their own, they're just five old geezers with one sword and lots of silly hair. Did the English get Queen Elizabeth to settle any squabbles instead of the military herself? No, same thing applies as the Gorousei are just kings/dictators and nothing more.

So back to Blackbeard. Though 1 and 2 are quite possible in my opinion, I don't feel they weigh against our unlovable obese Blackbeard. When you combine his character with the many many numerous hints from Oda that set up Blackbeard as the final boss, I cannot fault him. The final boss should be an opposite from the main protagonist, have the ability to destroy their hopes and dreams and spark a battle which can not be rivalled again. Blackbeard has already shown to be similar to Luffy in respect to dreams and hopes, meaning that if one would be to win and obtain the One Piece, the other's dreams would be crushed. Blackbeard, unlike Luffy, would resort to underhanded means to get the One Piece and is a great planner, both things that Luffy would never do. Finally, the great battle at the end will surely involve all the Strawhat's, but more importantly it would need to be Luffy v Blackbeard mano e mano. Knowing Oda, there will be much more to a final battle than the 1 on 1, and though I count Blackbeard's crew I wouldn't put it past Smoker or Shanks for massive cameos in an epic confrontation of grand line proportions.

To me, Blackbeard can quite easily tick all the boxes three times over while others can usually tick them after much deliberation. If a story has a finale in which black and white is lost and grey takes over, sometimes the story ends with a feeling of disappointment. Black and white was gone from stories such as Code Geass, Darker than Black, Black Cat and Negima, and they all struggled in some of those bits as we all tried to wrap our head around it with mixed feelings. One Piece has never had shades of grey throughout fights, when Luffy sends something flying with a punch, the enemy, for the entire fight, is Black and White and this is always what happens in all the greatest battles. Arlong, Crocodile, Enel and Lucchi are all the greatest Luffy v enemy battles because the enemy has been there to crush Luffy's hopes and dreams which has thrown Luffy into a frantic determined state where he cannot be defeated.

Summary:

So in summary, Blackbeard > you. Character + build up + build-up-to-come-in-the-future = final boss and Blackbeard meets this formula. Discuss away, I'm tired after typing all this. I might as well have called it “Bittman Reviews – Chapter Blackbeard”, cleaned it up and thrown in some pretty pictures, but you can't have everything. Maybe I will later to make it easier on the eyes rather than looking over all my links and quotes.

EDIT: Crap I wrote a lot. I'm really going to have to add pictures. And a wall of text warning...

Imitorar
January 19, 2009, 12:22 AM
And I thought that I write essays on One Piece. This is quite masterful bittman, both in the thought and in the presentation.

I agree with you completely that Blackbeard will be the final opponent, and you have presented the evidence for that belief beautifully. I personally think that Blackbeard has been cast by Oda as the "anti-Luffy", the foil for our hero. He's dark, he's selfish, he believes in fate whereas Luffy believes in freedom, he killed his crew-mate, Luffy gives up his life for his crew-mates ever time he shifts into Gear 2nd, he attracts things, Luffy repels them... The symbolism runs quite thick. Blackbeard is a twisted, evil "D." to counter the pure-hearted "D." in Luffy, and with such opposition, how could he NOT be the final boss? I've had a theory as to the ending of One Piece for nearly 2 years now, since I caught up, and it includes Blackbeard as the final challenge for Luffy to overcome to gain One Piece. I think that in about 10 years or so, we are going to see what bittman has said here come to pass. When the war finally breaks, we may already see it begin.

furrot
January 19, 2009, 01:57 AM
I was just thinking about writing a post about Blackbeard since he is so pivotal. While pondering I came to the conclusion that he is in a way, Luffys natural enemy. While Luffy isn't dependent on his powers entirely when it comes to fighting the powers he does need are strange side effects of him being rubber.

Gear 2nd works since Luffys heart, lungs and veins can handle all the increased pressure. Gear 3rd does some magic with air in his bones. Blackbeard becomes lethal to Luffy if he stops Luffy from being rubber without stopping the effects.

If he attacks Blackbeard with Gear 2nd there is a dangerous possibility that Luffy would have a massive heart attack and possibly see his heart explode. If he's using Gear 3rd he could lose and arm when his balloon limbs have no way to hold in the air. For something as massive as say a Bone Balloon Axe it wouldn't make sense for it to simply go back to normal.

Ace only used ranged attacks after Blackbeard caught him the first time. If his fire could still damage Blackbeard there must have been a reason for him to stop turning into fire himself. Maybe there's a side effect of Logias that we haven't seen since there's never been any Seastone around when the bastards show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blackbeard showed up at Impel Down somehow. He knows Luffy and Ace are brothers and is smart enough to exploit that.

Gecko Moria
January 19, 2009, 06:08 PM
Firstly, I praise you on your wonderful essay. And I agree Blackbeard is going to be the final enemy (if I didnt I'm sure you would've convinced me anyway).
He has a god-like devil fruit and he shares the same dream as Luffy. He is similar to Luffy in many ways e.g. they are both extremely determined, have great endurance: characteristics befitting one with the Will of D. However they also have their differences e.g. ideas in fate/freedom, morals etc.

Onomatopoeia
January 19, 2009, 07:02 PM
Damn man did you have to beat up your keyboard that much just to say Blackbeard was the Final Boss?

*Editing for Obligatory Large Essay*

And Yes I agree with you and your wonderfully long essay. In fact I think the general consensus for a while has been BB=Final Villain.

MrHim
January 20, 2009, 02:25 AM
i still think that there will be 3 generation with 3 different background for the final OP battle

luffy&ace (pirate) vs. garp (marine) vs. dragon (revolutionary)

mugen
January 20, 2009, 03:29 AM
I certainly hope he is not the final boss... Blackbeard isn't cool.

HIs devil fruit power seems now just like an imitation of Haki. His crew is all right but they don't

scream out best crew. I mean a tap dancer and masked wrestler and a sick guy....?? Eiichiro

could and has made crews that are much better in abilities and costume design. Kidd or one of

the other supernovas should be the rival/final opponent. I mean if the last villain is going to be

some one old. It should be Gol D. Roger. Blackbeard lacks the DON feeling. I mean if anything

he gives a womp womp feeling Xd. All you have to do to beat blackbeard is hit him until he

drops, really. His body does absorb more pain than anything else. Luffy with haki will negate

blackbeards stupid useless powers. Blackbeard is just a guy with a strong punch. Luffy is

used to being hit unlike Ace. Its done.

Please don't add sentences that serve only to bash a character in your posts.

SamxFIN
January 20, 2009, 12:31 PM
Either BLackbeard, One of the supernovas, Admiral, Dragon, Whitebeard or Shanks is gonna fight against Luffy in the final battle. But since it is the battle for the title of being the pirate king i suppose i should drop marines and dragon out of this...

What if it isnt going to be 1 vs. 1 battle? What if BB, Luffy and Kidd arrive at the Raftel in the same day to search for One piece. Or some other combination of pirates including luffy...

GreyEidolon
January 20, 2009, 05:42 PM
Black Beard has always struck me as the final "Boss" type as well. His ambitions are greater than simply becoming a Schichibukai and enjoying the perks, his selfishness exceeds these things. That said, there are still too many paralells between he and Luffy for the two to be considered antitheses.

But hey, for all we know the final fight could be against Poseidon or Pluton.

bittman
January 20, 2009, 07:36 PM
@ Imitorar: Thanks, and good analysis yourself there of BB v Luffy.

@ furrot: Never though of the possibility for heart attack, it's quite scary when you do though. I doubt BB will turn up at Impel Down, he has no reason to find Luffy since he got his title.

@ Gecko Moria: Thanks also

@ Onomatopoeia: Thanks, and yes my keyboard is bleeding

@ MrHim: I already said no to Dragon, why would the one who is trying to change the world fight Luffy to stop Luffy changing the world? Also, a family brawl is lame. Might as well just get the other strawhat's to watch idly by and place bets on who the mother is.

@ mugen: Yami Yami fruit >>>> Haki. Did Rayleigh stop Kizaru from using light? Did he draw him in with gravity? Did he absorb the element into his darkness? I would seriously also not put it past Blackbeard to have haki since we know he was the scar-giver to Shanks. Also, don't make fruitless claims about how haki works, we still have next to no idea.

And really, hit Blackbeard till he drops? Somehow I thought Ace's spirit bomb would kind of burn everything to a fine dust, yet Blackbeard seems to be quite fine in more recent shots. And yet again you've given Haki a power akin to cancelling everything. If this was the case how did Marigold and Sandroseia lose to Luffy? They should have just Haki'ed up and completely stopped Luffy from being rubber making his gears useless. Case in Point: Haki is not defined, don't give it some superpower which combines Seastones, Mantra and Super Saiyan level-up.

@ SamxFIN: Well I discounted all your other suggestions except Kidd and the combo of people. Firstly, what's the obsession with Kidd by people lately? Is it because he is the only higher "live" bounty than Luffy's at the moment? Kidd also only has 3 unique crewman, 2 unnamed. A Kidd v Luffy fight would also be quite lame by my prediction, I'd rather magneto fought Zoro. As for the combo, I didn't rule it out in my prediction. I just said, when all is said and done Luffy's final enemy will be Blackbeard. Other people turning up at the same time is quite likely, but it will definitely be a 1 on 1 fight. Would Luffy truly call himself the pirate king if he won in a massive free-for-all where everyone was half dead before he delivered his gomu gomu no xxxxxxxx?

@ GreyEidolon: I didn't say complete opposite, because really there is currently no complete opposite to Luffy. Luffy's opposite would have to be a marine, who is evil-hearted, doesn't care about people, fights alone and does not want the One Piece. Gorousei are the closest to this, and though they could use Poseidon or Pluton (which would be their best bet), Luffy's final fight will seriously not be against a ship. How do you hype up a ship as the final enemy a human has to face?

GreyEidolon
January 20, 2009, 08:18 PM
Actually, I think I misinterpreted something in your post, or at least confused it with something else entirely somehow, so I apologize for that, ha ha.

Anyway, the Poseidon/Pluton thing was sort of a half-hearted joke. Well I certainly think we haven't heard the last of them, I doubt that they are going to be the last obstacle Luffy will have to overcome. Either way, it's a moot point considering you're just suggesting that Black Beard is the last big adversary Luffy will have to defeat.

Griffith
January 20, 2009, 08:52 PM
Impressive post, really enjoyed reading it all. BB crew always had this final boss aura for me, I mean Van Auger vs Usopp, Nami vs Laffite, Doc Q vs Chopper...it quickly gave me the impression that they would eventually clash and after the fight with Ace the thought of BB being final boss really gained strength, and after your post it has gained even more strength for me ^^

About the final boss options I never thought about Dragon as an enemy, imo if they ever fight it would be because they disagree on something, like Dragon wants him to join but Luffy prefers to continue his journey etç...a bit off-topic but maybe Dragon heard about WB attack and is going to attack too and he will meet Luffy now who knows :S

mugen
January 20, 2009, 09:26 PM
I see posting in this thread is stupid. If I don't agree I can't post here?? wtf
Anyhow ok my statements are fruitless?? But how is it you know yami yami fruit is greater than haki?? Like I said even if Blackbeard still has his devil fruit power, it won't take away Luffy's super strength. If blackbeard has haki, wouldn't it make the whole point of his devil fruit uselesS? He could have hit Ace without the devil fruit power.

bittman
January 21, 2009, 12:40 AM
@ Grey: No probs, and I don't see fighting a battleship as a joke. Just not as the final boss =P

@ Griffith: Yeah, his crew gave me that impression too. Ideas on why Dragon and Luffy might fight are probably spot on.

@ mugen: where did I say "DONT POST HERE AGAIN!!"? I countered your post with an argument, I didn't call your argument fruitless, I called your claim on haki fruitless (meaning, without solid backing). Yami Yami is automatically greater than Haki due to the gravity power up and that, whilst touching them, Blackbeard had complete nullification on Ace's power at that moment. You're right in saying the darkness won't take away Luffy's monstrous strength, that of course will be a benefit to Luffy. And finally: you jumped back on your assumption that Haki is like throwing seastone into the air. If Ace is really the second division captain of Whitebeard, he has seen Haki before and who knows if he has any countermeasures to it.

Also, if I appeared to have gotten on your nerve with my response, I'm sorry and it was not my intention.

mugen
January 21, 2009, 01:21 AM
@ Grey: No probs, and I don't see fighting a battleship as a joke. Just not as the final boss =P

@ Griffith: Yeah, his crew gave me that impression too. Ideas on why Dragon and Luffy might fight are probably spot on.

@ mugen: where did I say "DONT POST HERE AGAIN!!"? I countered your post with an argument, I didn't call your argument fruitless, I called your claim on haki fruitless (meaning, without solid backing). Yami Yami is automatically greater than Haki due to the gravity power up and that, whilst touching them, Blackbeard had complete nullification on Ace's power at that moment. You're right in saying the darkness won't take away Luffy's monstrous strength, that of course will be a benefit to Luffy. And finally: you jumped back on your assumption that Haki is like throwing seastone into the air. If Ace is really the second division captain of Whitebeard, he has seen Haki before and who knows if he has any countermeasures to it.

Also, if I appeared to have gotten on your nerve with my response, I'm sorry and it was not my intention.
It wasn't you. It was the mod...

Imitorar
January 21, 2009, 02:41 AM
It wasn't you. It was the mod...
I removed nothing from your post except "fuck blackbeard" in spoiler tags. The rest of your post was a perfectly valid challenge to bittman's theory, and so it was left. What I deleted, however, was nothing but pointless bashing, as I said in my edit to your post, and bashing characters is against the rules. It leads to nothing but rudeness and flamewars, and we try to avoid that. If you wish to discuss the matter further, feel free to PM me, but for now, please keep the discussion in this thread exclusively on the topic of Blackbeard as the final villain in One Piece.

Ustegius
January 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
That is a great essay bittman. And I agree with you totally, though I have thought that pretty much everybody allready considered BB as the final boss. I think it is quite obvious, but I see that not all agree. But there really is some reasonable argument against this too, but I still stick with BB being the final.

At the moment he was introduced I knew he was big. Well, to be exact it was after the speech he gave when Bellamy beat Luffy. Not the cherrypie argument with Luffy. A guy with a look of an villain, D in his name, goal/dream far greater than any normal arc boss, the foreshadowing of the the name Blackbeard (Ace, Drum, Oda naming him his fav reallife pirate). And the way Zoro and Luffy sensed him and his crew in Mocktown. Capturing Ace pretty much was the final nail in the coffin. I'm greatly surprised if he isn't the final challege. Or final villain, I'm still waiting final challenge being Laboon ^^;

GreyEidolon
January 21, 2009, 08:04 PM
What if Blackbeard is after one of the two ancient warships? He strikes me as the "World Domination" type, and it's possible that he became a Shicibukai in order to get closer to obtaining one in a manner similar to how he joined Whitebeard to get closer to the Devil's fruit he wanted. Okay, that's basically just baseless speculation, but Pluton's deck could be a very fitting battlefield for the confrontation.

street_san
January 23, 2009, 11:40 AM
I have read the big essai of Bittman with careful eyes, such as all the answers and I think I'm ready to say why I'm totally against (important to mention it xD) the fact that Marshall D "BlackBeard" Teach could be the final boss.

Ace

BlackBeard is, and with no further discussion, one of the strongest villains in the world of One Piece. To kill a member of the WhiteBeard crew, and escaping without beeing caught is, for me, a big thing. Further more, to be able to beat one of WB strongest soldier is something that we can't denied. But, even if we know all that, I can't just accept the fact that BB could be the last Boss.

When Luffy was still in Thriller Bark and knew the existence of what we call the Biblicard, even knowing that Ace life was vanishing, he said something really important about Ace

Luffy: [...] Even he was in some kind of trouble, he wouldn't want me to worry... Ace hates beeing made to look weak. If we went to help him, he'd just get pissed off. If we do meet up, it'll be as enemy pirates. Ace has is own adventure to lead!

My source: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/490/05/

Pay attentions to those words: Ace hates beeing made to look weak, and Ace has is own adventure to lead. Ace, just like Luffy or Whitebeard is a man of pride. Marshall D. Teach is one of HE'S antagonist. If by any chance Luffy was to fight against Teach, it would've mean that Ace is to "weak" to fight BlackBeard. By other words, this fight would've cause Ace having a enormous grudge against he's little brother.

Even if Ace is in prison by the time we are talking, I doubt he already lost the will of beating Blackbeard. Dont forget that "killing BB" was a mission giving to him by he's "father", Whitebeard, and by any chance he wouldn't want to finish this mission. All nakamas of the Whitebeard crew are "brothers and sisters". Killing one of their "brothers" is the worse "sin" you could've make towars WB. Knowing that, Ace would've forgive BB for doing that. So even if he have to put is life on the line, I put my finger on fire that Ace want to beat BB, and no one else.

Whitebeard

Throughout the story of One Piece, the villain that "EVERY ONE" (except Shanks cause he's a boss xD) fear is Whitebeard. This guy is so strong that he was one of the only pirate who could cause trouble to Gold Roger. Knowing how Rayleigh is strong, I can't even imagine how he's captain had to be insanely strong. If Rayleigh was able, despite having leaving the world of Pirate, and fighting for a long time, to contest and Admiral is something we must not forget. Knowing that mean that Gold Roger he's someone totally in an another league. So if WB was able to contest Gold Roger, it means that one Admiral wont not enough to beat The big and powerful Whitebeard. That also mean that a simply (well simply, they are strong too but...haa you guys understand xD) Shishibukai is surely not enough to beat WB.

Also, WB is a experienced pirate. He know everything about the world of Pirate and he's the most fear Pirate in the entire world (maybe in an equal level with Shanks). I doubt he would want a rookie pirate such as Luffy to deal with one of "he's problem". Knowing who is really Whitebeard, I doubt he would want to see Teach alive, and by going in an all-out war against the WG, we can't denied the fact that one of he's top priority is the death of BB. By knowing that, we should be able to understand that the days of BB are counted.

Final Bosses

For me, the one the "final bosses" competition is between 3 candidates

Whitebeard: Whitebeard squat is one of the most fear of all the World on One Piece. He is, without any argumentation, of on the strongest Pirate of One piece. We dont know is bouty yet, but we can assume that it is insanely high. If the WG think that they need all their military force just to beat WB crew, it means that his power is match with no one else. Just by knowing all of that, I think that WB will be the strongest "villain" that Luffy will ever have to fight in his life. Beeing the strongest means that, their fight will be one of the most important fight of all the history of One Piece. Just for that, I think that WB is a potentially Finall Boss in One Piece.

Shanks: Even if I dont want Luffy and Shanks fight, i can't denied the fact that Shanks could be one of the finall bosses, for the only reason that he is one of the 4 Yonkous. We still dont know the "real intentions" of Shanks, but maybe his fight against Luffy could change the course of the story

Coby: Ok, i can even listen the laugh of all the members saying: this guy is insanely crazy mwouhahaha. But look why I think Coby could be the last Boss. The base of One piece manga could be resume by one word, Dream. Coby's dream is to be an Admiral of the Marine Forces. In Water 7, just before Garp squad left, Coby said:

Coby: Someday I will, I will, take the position of Admiral !
Luffy: Coby, you're gonna fight me, right ? Then of course you're gonna get that strong. Next time we meet, we're gonna be stronger.

My source: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/433/09/

Just with those world, we know that those 2 are gonna fight in an all-out match. And since in One Piece, everyone should achieve their dream, Coby vs Luffy fight could be a great final fight.

Juste to give more strength to my argument, dont forget that Coby was the first guy that Luffy met (well....in the beginning of his journey to become the Pirate King). So, this fight will have a huge meaning, because those 2 have some strong dreams. Beeing the Pirate King he's as tough as beeing one of the Admiral. So, when both are gonna fight, it would've mean that both have achieved their goal.

Jammin
January 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
I agree with Bittman

Marshell D. Teach aka "Blackbeard" is going to be Luffy's final competition for the one piece and the title of "Pirate King". Though i foresee it being framed as "the good pirate king" versus "the bad pirate king", a battle for the future of world of one piece.

c0nflikt
January 23, 2009, 01:39 PM
I hope that Blackbeard isn't the *Final* boss just one of many like super 17 before buu.

DutchPhoenix
January 23, 2009, 07:18 PM
mihawk is also a final boss

bittman
February 03, 2009, 08:59 PM
I hope that Blackbeard isn't the *Final* boss just one of many like super 17 before buu.

....say that one more time.

...Super 17, from DBGT, a spin-off...

...Before Buu, the last villain of DBZ...

Oh and street_san, Coby is the most original idea I've heard. For that, I won't shoot it completely down, but at best he would just take the marine role I've already put in, so #2.

Onomatopoeia
February 03, 2009, 11:56 PM
I don't see Coby being the final boss simply because unless we get a timeskip or something really bad goes down at HQ(eg all the admirals die) then theirs just no way Coby can even become an Admiral. Which in my opinion is the only way Coby will be considered a true threat to Luffy, if he becomes an Admiral.

Coby will be Luffy's Garp but I doubt he'll be the final boss but only after a big timeskip. Hmm...I wonder if their will be anybody who will be Luffy's WB? I suppose BB might fit that position really well since he is trying to beat WB. I could definitely see it happening because I can't see Oda killing off BB.

@bittman: What is this GT you speak of? It sounds like a horrible, horrible, horrible show.

bittman
February 04, 2009, 12:23 AM
Actually I saw Smoker moreso than Coby as Luffy's Garp, but I do see Coby has the chance. Still, it's not like Luffy has had to run from Coby before, so the parallel doesn't stand as well. On the other hand, Luffy has escaped Smoker twice and Smoker has made it his personal mission to take out the threat above all else.

Nice of you to blot GT from your memory. Unfortunately for me, the scars on my mind refuse to heal!

MindGame
February 13, 2009, 07:19 AM
Coby as final boss? Anything is possible in OP, but having an evil character play that role would be much better story-wise, wouldn't it?

Sachsenhesse
February 13, 2009, 07:42 AM
i take my bet on shanks

with him his journey startet and its going to end, the strawhat was given to luffy from a stronger men now luffy must give the strawhat back as stronger man ^^

also the crew just fits perfect to fight the strawhats...

Googlez_kun
February 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
i think it will be dragon...don't know why,but i think it's because he is his father :tem

KnuckleheadedNinja
February 13, 2009, 04:07 PM
I think it most likely going to be BB

Akainu
February 14, 2009, 09:15 AM
Sengokus goat - no seriously - o.k. no not quite, but I hope the gorusei will play their role at some time;

mugiwara84
February 16, 2009, 07:27 PM
I didn't skim through the 6 pages so I don't know if it's been said already but it's Roger.

Roger = One Piece, he was so bored after gaining everything the world had to offer that he's waiting at Raftel till a worthy opponent arrives. How can he be there? He did a Kuro and Rayleigh was lieing that Roger gave himself up.

Seriously? I think the pole speaks for it.

Deathgod75
February 24, 2009, 09:04 PM
I don't see Coby being the final boss simply because unless we get a timeskip or something really bad goes down at HQ(eg all the admirals die) then theirs just no way Coby can even become an Admiral. Which in my opinion is the only way Coby will be considered a true threat to Luffy, if he becomes an Admiral.

Coby will be Luffy's Garp but I doubt he'll be the final boss but only after a big timeskip. Hmm...I wonder if their will be anybody who will be Luffy's WB? I suppose BB might fit that position really well since he is trying to beat WB. I could definitely see it happening because I can't see Oda killing off BB.

@bittman: What is this GT you speak of? It sounds like a horrible, horrible, horrible show.
well in my opinion i really want Coby as final boss, i think he might get a Devil Fruit later on and we saw how fast he improved under Garps instruction, he went from a chubby scaredy cat mega weakling to his much improved form in like what six months? he learnt soru which is sposto take years to master, and before anyone mentions luffy's quick mastery he already had all the physical tools just needed to learn the trick of how, so yea im really hoping for Coby and Smoker as new Admirals in future

Onomatopoeia
February 24, 2009, 10:07 PM
well in my opinion i really want Coby as final boss, i think he might get a Devil Fruit later on and we saw how fast he improved under Garps instruction, he went from a chubby scaredy cat mega weakling to his much improved form in like what six months? he learnt soru which is sposto take years to master, and before anyone mentions luffy's quick mastery he already had all the physical tools just needed to learn the trick of how, so yea im really hoping for Coby and Smoker as new Admirals in future

Let me put my opinion like this.

I REALLY REALLY don't want him to have a DF simply because I sometimes feel that to many people already have them.

And because I'd like to him to become a powerhouse in strength alone.

Gecko Moria
March 01, 2009, 04:04 AM
Blackbeard: he is similar to Luffy in many ways (e.g. shares the same dream to King of the Pirates) but at the same time they differ in their ideas, amongst other things (Luffy believes in freedom, Blackbeard: destiny).

But I also believe that maybe the Gorosei or another World Government character (maybe Sengoku or maybe another admiral) may play an important part near the end (WG being seen as the antagonists currently).

Or perhaps it someone that hasnt been introduced yet e.g. the last Yonkou...

Lord Rayleigh
March 02, 2009, 01:49 PM
I don't really know about the final bosse : it depends on what will be the final battle.
The final battle will be just before Luffy become the Pirate King (what would be logic), so, it should be a fight for the PK title.

But for me, in reality, the most dangerous ones for Luffy and Zoro are going to be in the future, in the New Global Era, the first guys we met at the beginning of One Piece : Coby and Helmep
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/433/10/

But these ones will be the more hazardous people after One Piece ends. I think the end of One Piece doesn't mean the end of the SH crew : it means for me the end of the OP quest, of the Old Global Era.
And Coby and Helmep won't be killed : they are the future marines heroes, of the New Marine Era, as the SH are the ones of the future New Pirate Era.
And of course, Coby will be an admiral. Helmep should be one too.

I don't really know what would be the New Marine Era but it should be linked to Dragon's actions. If the WG changes and become a new one (with Dragon revolution), a Marine will still exist as the New WG's military force.

I say New WG because I don't see how Dragon's new systeme will not be a WG if he wants everything to be as it should be or as he wants to be.

Antares
March 02, 2009, 11:12 PM
bittman, your reply about Blackbeard was really amazing. I also agree that Blackbeard is currently the most worthy candidate of becoming OP's Final Boss because of his vision about the new era, his unrelenting dream and ambition. And also, i also think that the final boss should be someone from a new generation instead of old ones like Sengoku, Whitebeard or someone from the old times. But something that bugged me is the color spread of Shichibukai at the chapter...umm, was it 532? It showed, and maybe even signified, that the Shichibukai consists of equally powerful pirates. I dunno if it's just me, but i'm thinking that OP's final boss should be someone that eventually is feared by all and more powerful than all by a rather big gap. The ability of Darkness itself is really fitting to be the final boss, but if it's pure good vs pure evil, will it give the best peak that fits Oda's taste?

I know many of us wants a final battle against an extreme evil with the world's fate at stake...but i thought about a really good RPG game here named Suikoden 2, where the hero's personal final battle was against his absolute best friend. Their bond was and is inseparable, yet because each of them held something so dear to themselves that they wanted to protect, each of the two best friends eventually became the leaders of two nations, which destined to oppose each other because of ideological reason. Each nation consider their own leader as the one person fit to rule to end this war, and each nation would suffer if the other one would win, resulting in an inevitable fight of the two countries, and an inevitable battle of the two best friends who must win against the other no matter what it'll take. The battle would determine the fate of the world, yet it would also be filled with emotions unlike any other battle.

Shanks – Shanks is, though a Yonkou and extremely powerful, a friend of Luffy's, and by extension, his crew. Though Shanks is one of Luffy's aims and someone Luffy may have to fight, an epic battle of friend versus friend just doesn't have the same emotion a battle to dictate the direction of the world would have. So though a Shanks fight would be epic and excellent and may even happen, because of their similar creeds it would be a battle where it really doesn't matter who wins. One Piece hasn't had any of these battles yet.

And One Piece hasn't had any of these battles yet. That's exactly why i hope - this is not a prediction, because by objective factor i still think that Blackbeard will be one of the final bosses, or THE final boss himself, but - that someone withOUT a Devil Fruit will be the final boss. Because without depending on a Devil Fruit, someone with true dream to become the Pirate King can unleash powers even beyond Devil Fruits. Maybe it'll be Haki, maybe it wouldn't be Haki. But still, i wanna see the final opponent of Luffy not being someone with Devil Fruit. Or maybe, as i've posted somewhere in this forum, i also hope that One Piece itself can change its shape into living humanoid shape and become the true One Piece's Final Boss.

Well, this is just a thought i want to share with you all.

bittman
March 02, 2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks for your appraisal, I'm blushing =D

On the villain versus friend: I know where you're coming from. Many many stories will always do one or the other. Either they are near the best of friends or they are each other's worst enemy. My main problem with the friend fight is that it doesn't work in One Piece where the Strawhat's are lucky to spend more than a week in any one place and friend battles are usually something built up over the ages. For Shanks to look like any chance at the final boss, I would need to see him meet Luffy early on in the New World.

For me, I don't have many favourite friend battles to take experience from, and I always enjoy the villain battles more. The best example I can think of right now would be from Hajime no Ippo (since I'm reading it now).
Friend: Ippo's japanese title match against Sendou
Villain: Ippo's rookie king title match against Mashiba
Both of these battles can cause chills down my spine and each are equal in my opinion. Unfortunately, the reason both are great is because of the stress they both put on Ippo and the feelings he could take into battle knowing his opponent so well, both formulas which don't always apply for One Piece.

So I rate final villains by their accumulative build up, and that said there are many antagonists Luffy will not face for a while. Out of all the title holders who have been given a build up, Kuma would have to be next simply given his very active build up over the recent chapters.

Belisar
March 03, 2009, 06:26 AM
whitebeard, roger's ghost or the legendary monster.

Lord Rayleigh
March 03, 2009, 02:29 PM
About the Shanks fight, we know that it should happen. Indeed, Luffy must give him back his straw hat, his unique treasure, his only piece of value (can we say his one piece ? Oda said the solution to what One Piece was was on the logo itself : the SH is in the logo (speculation) when he will be a true pirate.

The straw hat is the mark of his training to become a strong pirate, the proof of his commitment, of what he promised .
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/46/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/47/

I think that Luffy will be well-known when he will fight Shanks and will have an importance influence on the NW. If he wins, he will be recognized by Shanks (the one who will officially make fun of Luffy's goal to the last end) as the true pirate he wanted to be, as the PK. Because being the PK means you are recognized by everyone as the PK.

So, the final " battle " will be with Shanks, when he will give him back his SH.

I don't know if it will be a real battle and if Shanks will the final boss as you mean/see it (death to death battle ; I don't think so) ; but the end of the OP quest should have something to do with the SH's return on Shanks'head.

But BB should be the worst opponent and real final boss/rival for the OP quest : winning against the worst rival doesn't mean the OP quest is over (otherwise, WB would have already been the PK)
So, it doesn't mean BB will not be the real last boss of Luffy. Last opponent doesn't mean necessarily final boss.

BB will have something to do with the things that will make Luffy recognized by people before he became recognized by Shanks.
And the Shanks act could be the epilogue.

So, I vote for Shanks.

bittman
March 03, 2009, 07:26 PM
The one logical flaw I see with your argument there is that Luffy will beat Shanks to "be recognised by Shanks ... as the pirate king. Because being the PK means you are recognised by everyone as the PK"

Firstly, Shanks is one of FOUR Yonkou who a true Pirate King would probably have to sway. Secondly, Shanks is the only Yonkou who recognised Luffy from day 1, they might fight as a test but Shanks already has this notion Luffy will surpass him and other pirates would not be so easily swayed. I don't see how Shanks would be like "oh you've given it your all Luffy, now I shall test if you are really ready to be the Pirate King" because that implies that he is the strongest pirate in the world by a large amount. If Luffy even defeats Blackbeard by a hair, Shanks should not be on an entirely extra level.

And I don't really get your "last opponent does not equal final boss" thing. I get that you might be trying to say that the final opponent is more than just a fight, but this is like everything Luffy is not. If something can't be settled with fists, Luffy has no place there.

kkck
March 18, 2009, 05:09 PM
It is gonna be pandaman. The bastard has been plotting behind the scenes since the first chapter XD

Phase
March 19, 2009, 12:58 AM
I think Blackbeard will be the final boss that Luffy has to face to become the pirate king. I do NOT however think that it will be the final arc. I predict 1-2 major arcs in the series after Luffy becomes the pirate king. He has to make use of whatever they gain/learn on Raftel to take down the WG. The ancient weapons will likely be involved at that point as well.

I think Shanks will become Luffy's Whitebeard.

Metal D. Reaper
March 19, 2009, 12:52 PM
No I think the last opponent will be the chief of all marines the one who is even stronger as the 3 admirals because we don't know who it is and we don't even know his name sooo he must be really strong also think about the story with the monoglyph in the end they will discover the truth and they will fight the grand boss and soo fight the three admirals too and the vice and blablabla....
Or the last opponent isn't appeared yet because the SH aren't in the new world soo who knows

bittman
March 22, 2009, 06:59 PM
No I think the last opponent will be the chief of all marines the one who is even stronger as the 3 admirals because we don't know who it is and we don't even know his name sooo he must be really strong also think about the story with the monoglyph in the end they will discover the truth and they will fight the grand boss and soo fight the three admirals too and the vice and blablabla....
Or the last opponent isn't appeared yet because the SH aren't in the new world soo who knows

Umm...Sengoku? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/04/

EDIT:

Whitebeard was Roger's eternal rival as they fought many times for many reasons and opposing ideologies. The closest thing Luffy would have to a Whitebeard would be Kidd and Law imo.

kkck
March 23, 2009, 12:19 AM
I would rather see a supernova do that. IMO if luffy is to have a rival crew like roger did, it should be one that belongs to his own generation.

Randomcircle
March 23, 2009, 07:32 AM
For Zoro , I think that after being the best swordman..in the world..he will be beaten like a cow by tashigi lol

for Luffy I vote Dragon. Blackbeard may be is rival..but Dragon appears to be is Nemesis..
What Blackbeard want is pretty obvious but for me Dragon want to destroy the gouvernement. The end as I see it..will be Raftel being the capital of the ancient civilisation who wrote the poneglyph..I see Dragon wanting to use a ancient weapon..now that he can reach raftel with the help of his son.

Metal D. Reaper
March 23, 2009, 02:29 PM
why did you vote fragon itzs the father of luffy and fragon wants to meet his son also why would dragon fight him because dragon wants to destroy the gouvernement and luffy declared war to them by burning their flag at the gate of justice when they wanted to rescue robin

Randomcircle
March 23, 2009, 04:27 PM
there is a difference between declaring war..to change a system..and to commit a genocide.

Luffy doesn't wish the death of innocent people..and I don't think Dragon has the same point or view.

and remember people even if OP can be hilarious..we already saw a revolution (Alabasta) at the beginning of the story.It is the red line of OP , a world which is in need of change.

Gecko Moria
March 25, 2009, 02:26 AM
there is a difference between declaring war..to change a system..and to commit a genocide.

Luffy doesn't wish the death of innocent people..and I don't think Dragon has the same point or view.

and remember people even if OP can be hilarious..we already saw a revolution (Alabasta) at the beginning of the story.It is the red line of OP , a world which is in need of change.

While I think you're correct in saying there is a difference between revolution and change I'm not totally convinced that Dragon is the type of person that would massacre innocent people. I can say this since ALL the people the Luffy's family that we have met so far are good and honorable people (even Garp who is in the Navy).

Randomcircle
March 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
not metting up so far doesn't mean it does not exist , no ? ;) he seems to be the expeditious type. what you cannot change , you destroy it. It solves the matter.

Gecko Moria
March 26, 2009, 02:20 AM
not metting up so far doesn't mean it does not exist , no ? ;) he seems to be the expeditious type. what you cannot change , you destroy it. It solves the matter.

Saying "we have not met him yet so we don't know" is not valid reasoning to back up a theory (for example, I could say Jimbei has the power to make the world explode by laughing and then support it with the same statement :s)

I made my reply in the light of what we know so far considering we know nearly nothing about Dragon currently. While I admit Dragon does seem like the "expeditious" type as you have said, I am still not convinced he would kill innocent people to achieve his goal. If he did this, he would be no better than than corrupt government he is trying to overthrow ;)

Randomcircle
March 28, 2009, 07:37 PM
Saying "we have not met him yet so we don't know" is not valid reasoning to back up a theory (for example, I could say Jimbei has the power to make the world explode by laughing and then support it with the same statement :s)

I made my reply in the light of what we know so far considering we know nearly nothing about Dragon currently. While I admit Dragon does seem like the "expeditious" type as you have said, I am still not convinced he would kill innocent people to achieve his goal. If he did this, he would be no better than than corrupt government he is trying to overthrow ;)

lol , I was teasing you ;) (but it seems you understood it ^^)
So , you're assuming that someone who put the life of common people to death by starting a revolution isn't the type to commit a genocide ? more to it add the sentence "what do we do Mr Dragon ?" "the wind has start to flow from a other side.." which Dragon said..Basically he is starting a revolution..spreading it..and vanish..to start a new one..he doesn't care about the change , the revolution he made..does..

actually he is worst than the gouvernement , he is trying to overthrow.
he doesn't care about the change . if it was , he would try to organize or establish..some organization before leaving. Assuming this fact , he doesn't care about the consequences and the people involve. All , he wants is to overthrow the world. So , he is highly recommanded to purchase a genocide. But , I might be wrong..on this one.

What , I won't deny , is the fact that he wants to overthrow the gouvernement not change it. more simply , he want to destroy not create.

I am sure of one thing he will use his son for his own purpose.

Onomatopoeia
March 28, 2009, 10:01 PM
Umm...Sengoku? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/04/

EDIT:

Whitebeard was Roger's eternal rival as they fought many times for many reasons and opposing ideologies. The closest thing Luffy would have to a Whitebeard would be Kidd and Law imo.

I personally believe Luffy's Whitebeard will be Blackbeard. I think it would work perfectly all things considered, you know opposing idealogies. Plus I don't see Luffy killing BB if he is the final boss(and if Luffy does win).

Kidd and Law are interesting but I'd rather see them as two very powerful pirates at the end. Perhaps similar to the two remaining Yonkous that are left.

Razh
March 29, 2009, 05:06 AM
lol , I was teasing you ;) (but it seems you understood it ^^)
So , you're assuming that someone who put the life of common people to death by starting a revolution isn't the type to commit a genocide ? more to it add the sentence "what do we do Mr Dragon ?" "the wind has start to flow from a other side.." which Dragon said..Basically he is starting a revolution..spreading it..and vanish..to start a new one..he doesn't care about the change , the revolution he made..does..

actually he is worst than the gouvernement , he is trying to overthrow.
he doesn't care about the change . if it was , he would try to organize or establish..some organization before leaving. Assuming this fact , he doesn't care about the consequences and the people involve. All , he wants is to overthrow the world. So , he is highly recommanded to purchase a genocide. But , I might be wrong..on this one.

What , I won't deny , is the fact that he wants to overthrow the gouvernement not change it. more simply , he want to destroy not create.

I am sure of one thing he will use his son for his own purpose.

I strongly disagree here.
How does Dragon put common people to death? That's not revolution. He and his boys don't jump into countries and kill everyone. Revolutions are done differently. That's why the Revolutionaries are such a big threat to WG. They influence and help people to overthrow WG authority in their own lands.
The same WG which sends everyone who doesn't join to build that 700 year old bridge and die. The same WG which destroyed Ohara and killed all the people on it.

Randomcircle
March 29, 2009, 10:08 AM
his way to act is the same as to kill someone. For , you someone who start a revolution without worrying of the future of this country is not putting the common people (without fighting power) to death ? (cause you do think that after a revolution the gouvernement doesn't come to clear the fact ? Dragon Vanishing who is gonna fight ?...)

He use their hope and then disappear he influence them and then leave them with the problems..It was the same as Alabasta. When Vivi wanted to stop the revolution without..dead. To start a revolution imply death..

Being a Dictator or being with the Revolutionnaries is the same..at the end you're a murderer. The rest is a Question of Ideology.

Putting someone to deathrow or giving him a sword to go to his death for freedom..is the same when you're are the instigator. you're a murderer.

Dragon is no Better..Look at your own History..the Revolutionnar are not put on the same scale as the dictator ? In Ideological term..No. In Human Term they are Slaughterer .

Razh
March 29, 2009, 12:15 PM
Well, seems to me that you are assuming too much here. We haven't really seen a single Revolution performed by Dragon.
And yes, there are some possible problems after the one. But we've seen how WG treats people who are against it. And Dragon isn't responsible for all the problems that may come after the revolution. There can't be one if the people of the country aren't willing. And freedom doesn't come without cost. Shit happens.
But we've seen how WG works, and probably a lot of countries are forced to become a part of it.

Yabe
March 29, 2009, 12:18 PM
Well, I think what Randomcircle said is inevitably true about the side effects of the revolutions... although I still don't think that it's enough to make him suitable to be the final boss for Luffy, or says as Luffy is hero no. 1 of this manga, the final boss of One Piece.

Yeah, by his title as a revolutionist we can assume that Dragon's probably treated all common people's life as some tool while Luffy are more sensitive to seeing innocent people being assaulted.
But because One Piece is about adventure and era of pirates, I don't think Oda would set Luffy's determination in his final battle to be to defeat Dragon (if trying to overthrown the WG would really make him turn out to be the most evil man in the story as you guessed) in order to correct the wrongs of the world instead of taking the biggest step to announce the world people that he's the most wanted man, the great, powerful and supposedly to be fearful man of all those sailing in the oceans; the Pirate King!

I think just for the reason to defeat Dragon to forbid him from successing his revolutionary purpose alone seems wrong to fit to be the aim of Luffy's 'becoming Pirate King' final battle. Adjusting the world can only be a consequence of his last fight in the story imo, because it's only heroical but doesn't has much of the fantasy.

Randomcircle
March 29, 2009, 12:56 PM
You're Both true . I am assuming too much but it is my point or view..I've just add some arguement..I explained it cause It doesn't seems to be understood. And Yabe might be totally correct..I might be putting too much sense on a world without any :p

By the way Thanks Yabe I didn't know Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru..I read it a couple weeks thanks to you and your sig and I Love it." I am actually reading the raw Volume 11.."

Gecko Moria
March 29, 2009, 10:42 PM
his way to act is the same as to kill someone. For , you someone who start a revolution without worrying of the future of this country is not putting the common people (without fighting power) to death ? (cause you do think that after a revolution the gouvernement doesn't come to clear the fact ? Dragon Vanishing who is gonna fight ?...)

He use their hope and then disappear he influence them and then leave them with the problems..It was the same as Alabasta. When Vivi wanted to stop the revolution without..dead. To start a revolution imply death..

Being a Dictator or being with the Revolutionnaries is the same..at the end you're a murderer. The rest is a Question of Ideology.

Putting someone to deathrow or giving him a sword to go to his death for freedom..is the same when you're are the instigator. you're a murderer.

Dragon is no Better..Look at your own History..the Revolutionnar are not put on the same scale as the dictator ? In Ideological term..No. In Human Term they are Slaughterer .

Definition of revolution:
1. a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving;
2. the overthrow of a government by those who are governed

A revolution does not necessarily require the deaths of innocent people. For example, there was no genocide of deaths in the Industrial Revolution. All Dragon wants to do is overthrow the government i.e. remove them from power. Sure, a few navy marines and revolutionaries will get killed in the ensuing battle, but how would the murdering masses of innocent people serve Dragon's cause?

Randomcircle
March 30, 2009, 02:02 AM
As you say it yourself "Not necessarily" . For the Industrial Revolution , you're right but we are not in this case..but in the second one. to be more precise , for me Luffy is the Ideological Definition of the first definition you put on the word revolution and his father the second.

Put that aside..I've said that Dragon way to think is the same as killing Innocent people..cause he isn't really helping them just use them for his own purpose "overthrow the gouvernement".

1. I didn't say it will actually serve a purpose..I've said "Putting someone to deathrow or giving him a sword to go to his death for freedom..is the same when you're are the instigator. you're a murderer." And I don't think he has a cause..just an ambition. so he don't care who die or not. who he use or not.

2. Personnal point of view I don't think he has really a planified purpose..He isn't constructive in his approach. He appears closer to an Anarchist to me than a revolutionnar.

3. So Actually Dragon wants to overthrow and not change the system. So , for me when he actually will realize he can't..(cause he can't overthrow the gouvernement..change it is possible...too much powerful to be overthrow..) he will try to destroy it.

And I've already said I might be wrong Like Yabe said it is a Fantasy-Shounen..I have surely a too much Drastic vision of the story.

ofir271
April 16, 2009, 02:59 PM
must be laboon-luffy always keeps his word

RichardMNixon
April 16, 2009, 06:06 PM
BB, Shanks, and Dragon are definitely the three on the list that seem most plausible. I could also see Smoker or Coby as a possibility, but probably BB.

beastboy
April 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
The last enemy will be don flamingo, just because of the new era and drems I think it was a good end luffy fighting against his own nakamas, and then just because of his will to complete is dream he liberts from the akuma no mi power and beat don flamingo.
But the last batle will be luffy vs laboon *.*

toxun
April 19, 2009, 04:16 AM
I think it's not about physical person, it's about idea. It's how Luffy will deal with himself after he acquire his goal (to be the Pirate King). Because the will in himself that make a person to go on to chase his/her dream, the enemy of him lies in himselves :). Let's wait what will happened after he conquered later part of grand line, will he find another goal or not.

guiguizmo
April 28, 2009, 09:32 AM
I think Cobby will be Luffy's last opponent.

Sunny-Go
April 29, 2009, 08:54 PM
Add Coby to the Vote for me please.

Yabe
May 01, 2009, 08:15 AM
I could add him but then I think the poll won't reflect anymore the correct result. It was created for a long time now with the "Other, unreveal characters" option for the people who think that none of the 7 names above suit but have Coby, or another character in their mind to submit their vote. So I would suggest you choose that "other" option and elaborate your different thoughts here.

About Coby, in case Oda plans to have the last battle grand and desperate, the problem I have with this character is his strength which's obviously far inferior to Luffy's and despite his continuous training I really doubt Coby will return later as a match for him and that the battler will give much excitement to the readers.

Organizized
May 01, 2009, 08:36 AM
Nooo, nooo, you've got it all wrong, man.. Didn't you see how much Coby evolved since the first time we saw him? I'd say, based on how strong they both were when they first met, almost as much as Luffy. And he's being trained by Garp.

One Piece is a manga very much focused around fulfilling your dreams. Coby's dream is to become a marine admiral. Thus, there's no way he won't become much stronger from now on. And while I don't think Coby is going to be Luffy's opponent in the "last battle grand finale", I definitely think they're going to battle again in the future, and I definitely think it will be a two-sided fight.

Lord Rayleigh
May 02, 2009, 05:49 AM
About Coby, in case Oda plans to have the last battle grand and desperate, the problem I have with this character is his strength which's obviously far inferior to Luffy's and despite his continuous training I really doubt Coby will return later as a match for him and that the battler will give much excitement to the readers.

If I remember, when we met Kobby, he was not able to fight, he was a teenage and was not even at a normal teenage'strenght : I mean I was better at fighting than him. On his side, Luffy was already really strong when he began his journey on East Blue : he had been trained by Garp and Garp's friend with Ace in his town and already had a strong pure strenght.
At Water Seven, Luffy was at a level upper than Lucci and Kobby was able to use Soru. For me, the ratio between their strenght is less important than it was at the beginning of the manga.
Moreover, since the Water 7 meeting he has obtained a strong and trained body, he will now be able to learn very good marines'techniques : I think he has done the more difficult for him : being able to change from a crying baby to a strong marine. With his will, now that he is physically able to do it, Garp will make of him a super marine fighter.
Do not worry about it, especially now that Garp knows his link with Luffy and has a similar age : I do not if people have noticed it : Garp wanted to make of Luffy a strong marine but the " fate " has decided of that differently and now he is concentrated on making Kobby a strong marine : Kobby has taken Luffy's place in the Marine camp for Garp, Kobby is what Luffy was supposed to become for Garp.
Moreover, there is also the possibility that Kobby obtained an upgrade with a DF whereas Luffy has already eaten his DF.

wristbandsnow
May 12, 2009, 01:10 AM
Who will be the last opponent?
I thinking is not right title for human life. Because you and me know every thing is possible in our life. Please take care and save your thought.

Evohwoo
May 12, 2009, 04:14 AM
It will either be BB or Don Quichotte.
We just see too much of BB evolve into a very strong character for not being one of Luffys last or the last opponent.

thunderhead6482
May 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
Before I found this thread I thought i was the only that thought BB was special and was gonna be the strongest opponent lol.

Lord Rayleigh
May 13, 2009, 04:58 PM
There is a difference between the strongest opponent of Luffy and the last opponent of Luffy. It is what bothers me here.

The strongest rival for Luffy's dream should be BB as a lot of people said : I think the last opponent for the Pirate King title will be BB. But it will not be the last opponent of the manga.
The last serious fight will be Pirate King Luffy against Admiral Coby. It will close the manga very well : after all, One Piece began with the revelation of their both dreams and the meeting between the two characters. And the circle is now complete.

ofir271
May 13, 2009, 07:23 PM
his last opponent may be cobby but he wont fight that fight he will be powerfull and free enough just to go on his way and do as he want - and it will be probably be eating not fighting cobby.

on that note i got a disturbing image of a huge fat luffy sitting in a chair surounded with piles of meat kind of like WB today.

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 10:12 PM
we'll have at least 450-500 more chapters so i don't think that oda will keep bb in the "game" for 10 more years..ace is a good option.imo the last opponent will be when luffy n crew goes to raftel and there they meet shanks&mihawk(we've seen they are "friendly")and we'll have a fight luffy v shanks & zoro v mihawk to prove them that they have become the best, luffy as great pirate(PK) and zoro as world best swordsman.

Akainusan
July 30, 2009, 04:56 AM
I'd have to go with Blackbeard. I guess it is because his crew and himself contain actual historical figures.

Winlyx-chan
January 30, 2010, 11:04 PM
I myself am stuck between BB and Ace. I can see it being BB a little bit more (which is why I voted for him) however if Ace decides to follow his "father's" dream and try for the goal of PK himself (as WB said he wanted for Ace) then the last real battle in one piece might just be between Ace and Luffy. Though several pirates are after One Piece only Luffy and BB so far have actually said they want to be pirate king. Which could lead to the final confrontation between them for the last stretch to OP in the first place

DARK
January 31, 2010, 12:03 AM
Sure, Blackbeard is probably going to be a major (if not the main) antagonist for quite a long time. But remember, this is a thread to discuss Luffy's last opponent. There is a high chance that Blackbeard may be the last villain Luffy fights in the series, but I feel that he won't be the last person that Luffy fights overall.
My pick would have to go to Shanks, the person who actually gave Luffy the straw hat and started off his journey.

Zeltrax
January 31, 2010, 01:48 AM
Coby ^^
life is a circle, everything starts from the beginning, and ends at the beginning.
The fight will probably be luffy's hometown.
The strawhats will then split, after each achieving their dreams, and goes back to their hometown.
Then, we'll see admiral koby smiling awaiting for his final fight with luffy after he achieved his dream :D kindda like the relationship between Roger & Garp.

Gats
January 31, 2010, 11:21 AM
There is a difference between the strongest opponent of Luffy and the last opponent of Luffy. It is what bothers me here.

The strongest rival for Luffy's dream should be BB as a lot of people said : I think the last opponent for the Pirate King title will be BB. But it will not be the last opponent of the manga.
The last serious fight will be Pirate King Luffy against Admiral Coby. It will close the manga very well : after all, One Piece began with the revelation of their both dreams and the meeting between the two characters. And the circle is now complete.

So you're guessing that the WG won't be beaten by the Revolutionary army in the end ?

bittman
January 31, 2010, 06:26 PM
So you're guessing that the WG won't be beaten by the Revolutionary army in the end ?

You're also assuming here that the Revolutionary army doesn't have ranks like "admiral". A little off topic, but "ARMY" is one of the two words which define Revolutionary Army. Armies have ranks. A revolutionary army would not just destroy the WG and leave the dust swirling around whilst hoping the pirates just rape and pillage the rest of the world without consequence. The revolutionaries are more likely aiming for the head of the WG (The Gorousei) than the WG as an institution.

Most likely the RA will take out the Gorousei, and pick up the WG where they left off with some changes.

...that said, I'm still very anti Admiral Coby. If I did a chart which mapped Coby, Luffy and Ussop's growth, Luffy would be about 10x Coby, and Ussop about 2x Coby.

superman97
January 31, 2010, 07:53 PM
You're also assuming here that the Revolutionary army doesn't have ranks like "admiral". A little off topic, but "ARMY" is one of the two words which define Revolutionary Army. Armies have ranks. A revolutionary army would not just destroy the WG and leave the dust swirling around whilst hoping the pirates just rape and pillage the rest of the world without consequence. The revolutionaries are more likely aiming for the head of the WG (The Gorousei) than the WG as an institution.

Most likely the RA will take out the Gorousei, and pick up the WG where they left off with some changes.

...that said, I'm still very anti Admiral Coby. If I did a chart which mapped Coby, Luffy and Ussop's growth, Luffy would be about 10x Coby, and Ussop about 2x Coby.
I agree on the Rev army having admiral type characters. Considering Iva is one of the top people and she is stronger then Kuma (she claimed it and I don't remember the page) and Kuma is arguably one of the most powerful shichibukai.

Antares
January 31, 2010, 08:04 PM
I think last opponent for Pirate King's title is Blackbeard. But then again, i want the last fight in the manga to be a complete circle also, somewhat similar to Lord Rayleigh. Except that it's a different kind of circle. Pirate King Strawhat versus Red Hair Shanks.

superman97
January 31, 2010, 09:00 PM
I think last opponent for Pirate King's title is Blackbeard. But then again, i want the last fight in the manga to be a complete circle also, somewhat similar to Lord Rayleigh. Except that it's a different kind of circle. Pirate King Strawhat versus Red Hair Shanks.

I doubt it will be Shanks... Take a major pirate like Whitebeard who had a ton of Allies. I think Luffy has been set up to have a ton of allies also such as Shanks, Dragon, Boa, Jimbei, Ace and Crew, Buggy, Crocodile?, and thats just pirates and not countries like Alabasta.

There is definitely a reason why we haven't met people like Vegapunk, or the other 2 yonkou yet. Not to mention the fact that there can easily be a random pirate coming out of the woodwork in the next 10 or so years this manga has intill completion.

My educated guess at this point would be that one of the two unseen Yonkou are a stepping stone for Luffys battle with Blackbeard.

senewe
January 31, 2010, 11:05 PM
No last opponent, No final arc...

Naruto is kinda boring. (kishi should change the title from NARUTO to SASUKE)
Bleach is going nowhere (what the hell with that goddamn aizen. he is 1000 stronger then whole character)
Even Fairy tail and Reborn make me tired sometimes (well, they are in the peak currently)

BUT ONE PIECE...

i mean,, do you guys want to see last chapter of this? as for me, I DO NOT

beastboy
February 07, 2010, 07:48 AM
^
Of corse there has to be a final oponent, the end is the cherry on the top of the cake, with out it, no serie is trully amazing! xD

chess4
February 07, 2010, 09:51 AM
in the end, it will be the strawhats vs the Blackbeards. luffy vs BB will be legndary.

Gats
February 07, 2010, 06:50 PM

It would mean that the Revolutionary army or new "WG" would hunt the son of his own leader who also fougth (despite him) the WG ?
Everything can happen but it's quite strange at first.

Franckie
February 07, 2010, 10:18 PM
Final opponent? I imagine Coby. Coby's dream is to become an Admiral. This fact coupled with Oda's writing means that we will see Coby become an Admiral one day. Coby has a long way to go through before he becomes a top-tier fighter, as in several years of intense training + Haki and/or a DF.

DEATHBOTT
February 08, 2010, 01:51 AM
my guess would be blackbeard or ace. i wonder if zoros will be mihawk or if he will beat him earlier in the series. i think luffy should fight a fellow competitor for the title of pirate king as his last big epic fight but i can easily see luffy fighting admiral coby or smoker in an epilougue or something. they should both be added to the list.

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 02:26 AM
I have a strong feeling BB might be the last opponent...for obvious reasons. :amuse I don't think it will be Ace. I believe Ace will be a huge support/aid for Luffy in the future. :p

Out of all the Warlords...Doflamingo is the most mysterious/creepy..so I say his a strong candidate lol. If it's not Doflamingo or BB....well I'll go for one of the two unknown Yonkous! :D

Foxdie
February 11, 2010, 10:52 AM
I choose other, cause I think that Luffy will beat BB and become the the Pirate King..

Then ..

Admiral Kubi will capture him and arrest him, it's like Luffy will turn himself to Kubi because he already achieved his dream, just like the situation that happened 22 years ago between Garp and Roger.

Of course all the world will try to save him especially his crew, Shanks, Dragon and all the groups who were been saved by Luffy before.

Oblivion
February 13, 2010, 09:13 AM
Akainu is shaping more and more to a boss villian:

-Killed Ace
-tricked squadro into stabbing WB
-killed Ohara civilians

BB:

-Captured Ace in a fair battle
-betrayed WB and killed a Nakama

But unlike Akainu he is a pirate who has the same dream as Luffy though he is ruthless in his ambition he is still a dreamer in his heart.

Akainu on the other hand stand for everything wrong with WG and the Marines.

I guess BB will still be the last opponent of Luffy but defeating Akainu would carry more weight.

Shiro-kun
February 13, 2010, 10:18 AM
Coby being Admiral?
I can see it happening at the very end when all things are done after the current regime is overtaken (it seems the Revolutionary plot will do so ..) Since honestly i cant see The Gorusei and Those who follow Absolute Justice blindly (*cough* Admiral Akainu *cough*) being in their positions at the very end..

Still I wonder what hand will the Gorusei play in the future? they had only acted through Cipher Pol and The Marines so far. They know about the Forbidden History it seems and the unnamed kingdom of that time (especially the great weapon Pluton) .. The role they will play in the future will be a major one.

Akainu..
There is no way he not going to be a major antagonist in the future, as the above poster stated He's manipulating (his manipulations have done more damage to Whitebeard's pirates during the battle more so than his DF) , killed Ace ...True believer of Absolute justice

Blackbeard is still however the most major candidate for the Final Antagonist, He is basically Luffy's counterpart in the series and has the same final goal as Luffy..Still i feel there is still more to him than meets the eye

Black Mirror
February 13, 2010, 11:04 AM
i think there won't be an end~ i hope there isn't

i just wonder what will happen first, WG losing its autority or luffy becoming pirate king. if it is the first then the last opponent will be BB, if it is the second then the old dudes will be the final the last opponents.

but something tells me that we will get a luffy vs coby after both things happen^^ but it will only be a friendy fight.

Foxdie
February 13, 2010, 02:28 PM
but something tells me that we will get a luffy vs coby after both things happen^^ but it will only be a friendy fight.

Maybe .. cause I still think that Coby is the first guy in Luffy's adventure and he would be the last. also it could be a mess at that time..
OK
I will tell the best scenario that I can imagine in One Piece (in my opinion).

1- Strawhats pirates are reaching Rafftel.

2- (Luffy's Pirates + Alliance) vs (BB Pirates + WG Officials + ...)
and during this kind of war, all the members of SH Pirates have already achieved their goals except Luffy.
Alliance= Supernovas, Revolutionary army, Shanks, dead WB's crew and so on

3- Luffy vs BB.

4- Luffy defeats BB and find One Piece.

5- PK Luffy vs. Admiral Coby.
and Luffy is not trying even to hurt Coby.

6- Coby beats Luffy and he turn him to his leaders.
Luffy's NAKAMA are really tired and very weak because of their war with the others.

7- Luffy in the Impel Down guarded by Magellan.

8- Execution time is near and every one who met Luffy is trying to help him (his NAKAMA + Supernovas + Revolutionary Army + Shanks & his crew + Giants from Elbaff + many people from different adventures)

9- The execution will be in Luffy's village (Fushia).

It would be REALLY AWESOME :)

modoki
February 17, 2010, 01:32 PM
I was thinking about this for a long time and it was quite an annoyance to keep to myself, ill finally let it all out.

I honestly think one of luffy's final fights is Coby. Here's why

Oda stated that DF will regrow after it's user dies then thats one thing since studied for generations.

Wherever they are growing from is heavily guarded, i suspect Vegapunk has all access.

Ace is dead, I trully believe and see Coby as a perfect fit with Mera Mera no Mi.
On top of that, Coby was luffy's first encounter in the first chapter. Since his improvements physical and facial during water 7, I do believe he will be one of luffy's last. AS a marine.

ScratchmenApoo
February 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
Even if the fruit regrows, it might take dozens of years.
Even if it grows back faster than that it could still grow in some unknown jungle other side of the planet.
And that's all assuming that they grow on some weird trees.

I just can't see any of the fruits coming back in the storyline between different characters. Maybe only flashbacks but not current times.

Coby is still too weak. Think of the hard fights Luffy has had to endure, and what his feelings towards nakama are. He also is part of the D. family & has over 100 different attacks. Coby on the other hand just has Soru. All he can do is train on dummies or other weak marines. I think he will just be a cameo in future meetings but still fail miserably.

Akainu on the other hand... I feel like he is also part of the "Old Era" and should be killed with Whitebeard. Although I support that Luffy really should get his revenge somehow.

Luffy has now seen death to the full scale (him not wanting to kill anyone adds up) and will finally grow up and understand what his future fights actually will be like. I think he will become strong enough along with his Haki improving that he can challenge Blackbeard and fight equally and in the end, win. That's the final battle.

modoki
March 01, 2010, 10:32 PM
I just realized other than pirates, marines, revolutionaries and the gov, there should be another threat residing in the new world that will definitely be a problem.

That is the spaceys, such as the shandorians. They have a piece of the puzzle to place in when it comes to the void century.
If thats the case, Enel and these spaceys are a dangerous threat to the WG.

As much as i personally dislike Enel, I firmly believe we might see him again along with his "space alliance" he has seemed to formed on the moon or whatever.

Uriel
March 01, 2010, 11:32 PM
I see Coby as part of the marines created after Luffy "changes" the world by becoming Pirate King, not as an opponent when they reach Raftel.

Seriously, something is just not cool with so many fights you're proposing.

THM Nindo
March 02, 2010, 06:33 AM
Aikainu will be one of his worst enemy, but definitely won't be the last one.
The last one will have to be someone much more important to the plot that a simple admiral.

Did someone suggested Shanks as the last boss?
Since the beginning he's the one that Luffy want to surpass, so it could make sense that he will eventually fight him, though I doubt that they would really be enemy...

The last opponent... I'm thinking it's probably Blackbeard.

As for Coby, I always imagined him as a rival to Luffy that will eventually join him in the last fight, showing that the alliance between the Marines and the Pirates to overcome whatever shit they will be in in the end.

beastboy
March 03, 2010, 06:55 PM
Well I bet in an all out war between the SH and allies and the WG...
I can't say why, cause I would be breaking the rulles..

msg
March 04, 2010, 02:12 AM
akainu or sengoku
kuma
blackbeard
someone from the tenryubito
Dragon
someone from wg or vegapunk
someone from goryusei

Coby in one piece part II - when they're old:amuse

frontaLobotomy
March 04, 2010, 08:48 AM
I'd say it's out of Teach, Smoker, Eustass Kid and possibly Coby.

chess4
March 04, 2010, 10:44 AM
the last enemy will be teach, no question about it. if you look at his crew they are the mirror image of the strawhats.

Niirouge
October 09, 2010, 07:23 PM
Going with the majority to say Blackbeard :)

Someone mentioned earlier about the fact that he has the initial "D" in his name and I'm guessing that that's very important in finding/discovering "One Piece".

But I feel that Luffy will fight the others after defeating Blackbeard. You know, a friendly rivalry match between Shanks, Coby... etc... :)

Son-Derling
October 10, 2010, 05:33 AM
Oda wanted Buggy to be the ultimate enemy of Luffy...so i think this will be his last fight. But on the other hand we don´t know how much his decision will be influenced by the magazine-staff

Turtle Pirate
October 10, 2010, 06:28 PM
i say overthrowing the world government and whatnot will be the last thing he fights for

elitefox
October 10, 2010, 09:10 PM
WG I think

since BB is only after one piece and I expect Luffy to get it(at least I believe)
but after that, BB will loose interest and probably wonder around as yonkou

hence only one more wall, WG

SharpKnives
October 10, 2010, 11:58 PM
I would be sweet to see him to fight law or Kidd. I think Croc or Moria will be fighting him towards the very end. I don't think they'll get a final fight like boss fight just the last person to oppose them before Luffy dies.

kidopitz27
October 11, 2010, 07:18 PM
i think it will be shanks(luffy said the he will beat shanks and his crew and give his straw hat back) or the whole marines

Franckie
October 12, 2010, 08:14 AM
Blackbeard will be Luffy's final 1on1 fight. The World Government will fall shortly afterwards, but will be a combined effort by Luffy and allies.

extrememangalover
October 12, 2010, 11:00 AM
Going with the majority to say Blackbeard :)

Someone mentioned earlier about the fact that he has the initial "D" in his name and I'm guessing that that's very important in finding/discovering "One Piece".

But I feel that Luffy will fight the others after defeating Blackbeard. You know, a friendly rivalry match between Shanks, Coby... etc... :)

by the time Luffy faces or finish off BB, Shanks will be dead brutally already... Does anyone predict obvious here???

Tari
October 12, 2010, 03:17 PM
I would say Coby, Smoker, Gorousei Eustass or Law and slightly Blackbeard/someone else.
The reason is because i think since it took the strawhats 10 years (of manga time) to reach the New World (mid point to raftel) i think that within those 10 years Luffy will want to beat Bleackbeard up as soon as he gets the chance, he probably won't chase him but when he gets his chance he won't give up! Someone different will probably end up as the last enemy to the strawhat, probably the Gorousei or someone completely we haven't met yet!

Bhoot
October 12, 2010, 03:21 PM
Davy Jones will be the last enemy . He will come and kill them all like the insignificant pests that the yare AHAHhahahah

TheProtege
October 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
My vote is for Colby....oh or possibly Sabo

Bobbina
October 17, 2010, 09:12 PM
Somehow, I don't think BB is last opponent. I get all the facts, (Bittman -.- that was a large fraction of my time used on MH) but i just have a hunch. And it WILL not be Roger, or i will stop reading OP. Roger's death was magnificent, and meaningful, him being alive would ruin Oda's goodname for me. What i think is possible is either Kong, a fleet admiral, The GUY talking to Doflamingo, or a Tenryuubito that is strong (u never know, its Oda) or someone else that has royal blood, ( a red-line ruler perhaps?) or something

kanmati
December 09, 2010, 04:28 PM
the last opponent going to be WORLD GOVERNMENT & WORLD NOBLE.

Revolutionary and Luffy pirate(pirate King) + Pirates ATTACKING ALL OUT World goverment, noble + Marine protection.

PLACE:MARIEJOA

Boris999
December 10, 2010, 02:25 AM
Blackbeard will be Luffy's final 1on1 fight. The World Government will fall shortly afterwards, but will be a combined effort by Luffy and allies.

The issue with the World Government / Navy falling is that its Coby's dream to be a Navy Admiral so I doubt it will flat out fall. Maybe some sort of reform will happen. ((SHs attacking the Gourousei?))

Then there's always the fact that without the corrupt and pirate-hating WG, there will be less people chasing the Strawhats, which means less adventures and we all know that Luffy loves his adventures :D

mattiaildivino
December 10, 2010, 11:10 AM
surely blackbeard becuase he's the only one who,as an enemy,was mentioned before in the story than its story. we know him before the moment chopper joined the mugiwara. He's also the responsible of the ace's death. Oda showed him to us like the antagonist!

Bugzee
December 10, 2010, 11:28 AM
The only character at present that I can see as Luffy's last opponent is obviously Blackbeard. It would be interesting to see if BB and Akainu clash before Luffy's final battle for OP!?

Luffy will hopefully KO Akainu before the long-awaited clash with Blackbeard anyway.

You could never rule out another character that has yet to be introduced to us thus far as Luffy's last opponent... ><

I'm sticking with BB. :nod

Freid
December 10, 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm still betting the final battle in One piece will be something like a triple threat match. Strawhats vs BB pirates vs Government. In this battle would be where Luffy would fight Blackbeard.

mattiaildivino
December 10, 2010, 04:40 PM
If Akainu is the new fleet admiral,so he will be the last opponent,if not,the last will be BB

BlackHair
December 10, 2010, 05:12 PM
I voted for BB, but of late events I had to change my mind. To be precise, it was WB's last words.

Luffy will fight BB for the throne of PK. Means somewhere on the way or maybe on Raftet itself. The WG battle will happen after One Piece is found, which means the WG is their last foe.

Boris999
December 11, 2010, 12:07 AM
I can see a battle not unlike Marine Ford somewhere near the end with Luffy and his allies and WB's old crew and so on making a huge battle against the world government. And if this were to happen, chances are it would mean someone personal to SH Luffy would be in danger. Yes, I know it sounds a bit like a redo of the Save Ace arc, however it would make sense for a couple reasons:

1) "The last age is called whitebeard" - Whitebeard waged a battle of never-before-seen proportions against the World Government which trully showed his epicness even though he didn't really 'win'. So how does Luffy overcome the name of the former greatest pirates in the world? With Roger he just has to find One Piece and I am sure he will get a lot of acknowledgement for going where noone except for Roger has ever gone before. But whitebeard is probably the second greatest, and what better way to show how powerful (influence-wise) Luffy has become then to wage another war on a government stronghold for whatever reason, except have this battle be very obviously successful. I mean, Luffy makes A HELLA ALOT of allies so even without a huge personal crew, I can see him gathering an army for some huge event with companions from all former arcs.

2) "I'm not strong enough to protect anyone" - As repeditive as that is, there is nothing better as far as showing Luffy's strength having risen to the level he is satisfied with then showcasing the fact that now even the World Government which managed to steal one of the Legendary White Beard's Nakama and execute him cannot do the same for Luffy and his Nakama beause Luffy has risen just so damn further in the world then even whitebeard. And lets face it, being strong enough to stop his nakama getting hurt is almost like a secondary goal, just as big as finding One Piece, and this would be a great way to juxtapose it against the Ace event and show the difference.

Lord Rayleigh
December 11, 2010, 04:58 AM
I don't think the World Government will capture one of the Strawhats. That was already done with Robin (and Franky), and do you think the Strawhats would let one of their nakamas leave them and go elsewhere to get captured. That would be possible if the Strawhats were to have split, and they would gather again to save one of them.

That does not seem very possible to me : Roger is a special case, he split the Roger Pirates because he was going to die of illness and wanted to create One Piece for the next pirate generation to come. The Strawhat Pirates are likely to go one after One Piece because there Grand Line is not the only place to sail: Roger Pirates and Red Haired Pirates both sailed in the four seas for years.

There is also the problem that the Roger Pirates were never caught and as a Strawhat, I doubt one of Luffy's nakama will be captured after he became the Pirate King. Well, they would be way too stronger. After all, according to our knowledge, none of the Roger Pirates were ever killed by the World Government except Roger who surrounded himself in order to make people sail for One Piece.

chess4
December 11, 2010, 10:37 AM
the last opponent will be the Blsckbeard pirates. its almost to obvious, i mean Blackbeard is like exactly like luffy in a way. its a long way in between though.

RezzieThaRapper
December 12, 2010, 11:38 PM
Luffy vs. Smoker & Coby

Zoro vs. Tashigi & Hellemppo

That will be close to the end...

xeteboi
December 18, 2010, 09:17 AM

Shanks will never an opponent of Luffy because as Whitebeared have said, Shanks made a bet in the New World. he is a supporter of Luffy for him to become a pirate King.. Shanks doesnt dream of becoming a pirate king but blackbeared does.And im sure shanks is aware of that will of "D".

1.Blackbeared
2.Coby
3.WG"five elders"

jakeswu
December 26, 2010, 05:51 AM
I predict it's gonna be Coby. It would make the ending very significant if Luffy has to pit himself against a very old friend (since chapter 2-3) in order to win the treasure that he set out to sea for.

BB most likely won't be the last; maybe second/third last. He's easily despised by most of us, which means that the fight will be pretty much one-sided; everybody's rooting for Luffy to win. In this case, there isn't much merit to talk about for the final battle; it's gonna be just a good-guy-versus-bad-guy fight like all the arcs we have seen so far, except that the effects get flashier only.

MaiSiaoSiao
December 26, 2010, 05:58 AM
I predict it's gonna be Coby. It would make the ending very significant if Luffy has to pit himself against a very old friend (since chapter 2-3) in order to win the treasure that he set out to sea for.

BB most likely won't be the last; maybe second/third last. He's easily despised by most of us, which means that the fight will be pretty much one-sided; everybody's rooting for Luffy to win. In this case, there isn't much merit to talk about for the final battle; it's gonna be just a good-guy-versus-bad-guy fight like all the arcs we have seen so far, except that the effects get flashier only.

Maybe oda made BB look weak pre time skip.Wait till we see BB after the timeskip.He could have mastered both DF powers.

jakeswu
December 26, 2010, 06:01 AM
Maybe oda made BB look weak pre time skip.Wait till we see BB after the timeskip.He could have mastered both DF powers.

Apologies if I've given the wrong impression, but I was not intending to emphasise the power gap between Luffy and BB, rather, more on the significance of the final battle. Surely it would be more fitting for a final battle to be somewhat controversial (2 'good' guys against each other), rather than very one-sided? (Good vs Bad)

Anduren
December 26, 2010, 04:12 PM
In almost all the arcs we've seen it always end up being a race against time towards the end of the arc (Arabasta, Skypea, Ennies Lobby, Impel Down, Marineford war, etc.)
So I can imagine Luffy is going to be racing to Raftel to beat Blackbeard from getting there first. At the same time I would expect the World Government (with the warlords) to want to stop them from getting there chasing after them with the intent to stop them both at all cost preparing for an incident the same way they did with the war with Whitebeard. I think what made Gol D. Roger the most hated man by the WG was the fact that he reached Raftel and learned the true history which is why they would want to step in at this point.
I also expect at this time for Shanks to step in to intercept and delay Blackbeard while the revolutionaries and/or "Big Mom" (if she ends up being related to Lola) and the leftovers of the Whitebeard pirates to intercept the world government forces to slow them down to let Luffy reach Raftel.
I'm just basing my predictions on a few things that has to happen at the end of the story:
- Luffy has to give Shanks back the straw hat, which can happen before or after their encounter near Raftel.
- Zoro has to fight Mihawk in an all out battle.
- There has to be a contest of wills for the will of D. as Whitebeard said: Blackbeard wasn't the one Roger was waiting for, so Luffy has to prove it with his will of D vs Blackbeards', and I think it is more of a battle of fate than a physical battle (the way most of Blackbeard's crewmembers keep bringing up fate and luck)

There are other predictions I would add about the end of the story but since the topic is just "Who will be the last opponent?" I will stop here.

suraj5898
April 28, 2012, 11:50 PM
i think it will be WG . because hero always fight against evil caption in the end .i would say BB is evil but not on WG's level.
fight will happen after luffy find one piece and he will be not alone he will have his father's support and other big pirates. in this war i think we will see Gorosei in action

i wanted to ask something
i remember someone said when ohara was destroy and Gorosei we see right now r same person and same age if that true do u guys think Gorosei where there when WG created ?????????? we have seen lot of supernatural/nonhuman thing like DF(superpower) and creature like fish-man, cyborg may be they r vampire type immortal because we see 3 fleet admiral and lot of low level become Vice Admiral :^_^

EddyBob15
April 30, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm tied between Blackbeard and Akainu.

Naruffy
April 30, 2012, 08:20 PM
I think it's going to be Akainu. Luffy seems to view him as more of a threat, and feel like Oda's foreshadowing points to the WG being the last enemy.

M3J
May 01, 2012, 12:28 AM
If it's in terms of power, Blackbeard would be the final opponent as he's one of the most powerful pirate, being able to use darkness, make other DF users' abilities useless and hittable, and be able to use WB's DF gift. Luffy's definitely gonna be challenged by him, though I'm not sure if haki will work, or haki with DF. Had Ace known haki, I think he'd have been able to damage Blackbeard. I dunno what Luffy's strength without his DF is.

In terms of more, it could be Akainu and WG. Luffy's ultimate obstacle to overcome is WG, and Akainu will pursue him relentlessly since he's the son of Dragon and has disgraced the Marines plenty of time. Because of haki though, I don't thing Akainu will be as challenging as he was before.

Not sure which would be more symbolic.

rosco12
May 01, 2012, 08:31 AM
Personaly, I think it will be the gorousei. They are the leader of the world. Plus, they know the true history or at least part of it, unlike Blackbeard and Akainu.
I imagine that Blackbeard will be fought just before or at Raftel (maybe Buggy tells him the way). After learning the true history and be acknowledged pirate king, Luffy will lead a fleet of his allies and maybe revolutionary against the WG. Akainu Will lead the marine force sent to oppose them and fall. Finally, they'll continue to Mariejoa and face the gorusei.

Kaiten
May 01, 2012, 10:15 AM
If it's in terms of power, Blackbeard would be the final opponent as he's one of the most powerful pirate, being able to use darkness, make other DF users' abilities useless and hittable, and be able to use WB's DF gift. Luffy's definitely gonna be challenged by him, though I'm not sure if haki will work, or haki with DF. Had Ace known haki, I think he'd have been able to damage Blackbeard. I dunno what Luffy's strength without his DF is.

In terms of more, it could be Akainu and WG. Luffy's ultimate obstacle to overcome is WG, and Akainu will pursue him relentlessly since he's the son of Dragon and has disgraced the Marines plenty of time. Because of haki though, I don't thing Akainu will be as challenging as he was before.

Not sure which would be more symbolic.

I think the final battle will be more a matter of plot and timing than strength. As a fellow pirate, Blackbeard is a rival for Pirate King. It would make sense if he is the last challenge before reaching Raftel, with the title of Pirate King at stake. I expect a final battle between Luffy, his allies, and the World Government after he becomes Pirate King. The Government will move to arrest and execute him, triggering a final war. I expect Akainu will lead Government forces in the war, he will fight Luffy near the end of the manga.

Personaly, I think it will be the gorousei. They are the leader of the world. Plus, they know the true history or at least part of it, unlike Blackbeard and Akainu.
I imagine that Blackbeard will be fought just before or at Raftel (maybe Buggy tells him the way). After learning the true history and be acknowledged pirate king, Luffy will lead a fleet of his allies and maybe revolutionary against the WG. Akainu Will lead the marine force sent to oppose them and fall. Finally, they'll continue to Mariejoa and face the gorusei.

That is exactly what I think as well. Luffy will defeat Akainu first, break the fleet, and move on to Mariejoa. Mariejoa will be the final arc, with the Strawhats confronting the Gorousei. It would not surprise me if Mariejoa is a full arc, with the last fight coming fifty chapters after they set sure, with some time spent for revealing the final details of the One Piece world.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I updated the poll. Most of the selections made sense when the thread was started in 2007, not so much in 2012.

matzik1212
May 01, 2012, 01:01 PM
I think BB will be the last of Luffy. He's a unique existence so far and we know that he has his eyes on Luffy and will definitely try to destroy him and likewise i'm sure Luffy holds a deep grudge against BB for capturing Ace and leading to his death . :(

EddyBob15
May 01, 2012, 08:06 PM
Well, I can guess one thing: Luffy's probably going to fight Kidd before Blackbeard.

M3J
May 02, 2012, 12:11 AM
I think BB will be the last of Luffy. He's a unique existence so far and we know that he has his eyes on Luffy and will definitely try to destroy him and likewise i'm sure Luffy holds a deep grudge against BB for capturing Ace and leading to his death . :(

why would he have his eyes on Luffy? Apart from Luffy wanting revenge, I don't think Blackbeard cares about Luffy, especially when he's pretty much the most powerful pirate.

Though, I think Kaiten is probably right. WG would serve as Luffy's final opponent as they're the biggest obstacle to him becoming a pirate king. Though in terms of power, I think Blackbeard ranks higher than Akainu, so it'd be hard to imagine Akainu bein a challenge if Luffy's beaten Blackbeard.

Zoronoa Roro
May 02, 2012, 07:24 AM
i think that finale will be something like 3 way sex between SH, BB & WG bcz Luffy will become pirate king before end of the series where BB will move to take his title and WG will move to eliminate threat. it will be Luffy and allies ws WG ws BB where later will be so powerfull that everything we saw so far will be uncomparable so SH will have to use that third weapon

Kaiten
May 02, 2012, 10:08 AM
why would he have his eyes on Luffy? Apart from Luffy wanting revenge, I don't think Blackbeard cares about Luffy, especially when he's pretty much the most powerful pirate.

Once Luffy makes a name for himself in the New World he likely will catch Blackbeard's eye. Blackbeard seems the type of guy who would take note of all potential rivals, and try to defeat them while they are weak. By the end of the series I expect Blackbeard and Luffy to be the closest to finding One Piece, forcing a battle to become Pirate King.

Though, I think Kaiten is probably right. WG would serve as Luffy's final opponent as they're the biggest obstacle to him becoming a pirate king. Though in terms of power, I think Blackbeard ranks higher than Akainu, so it'd be hard to imagine Akainu bein a challenge if Luffy's beaten Blackbeard.

The World Government will be forced to react if Luffy reaches Raftel. Once he becomes Pirate King I presume they will treat him like Roger, an enemy so dangerous his entire bloodline must be eliminated. Unlike Roger, Luffy will have no reason to turn himself in, forcing the World Government to declare war. Akainu would lead the Navy to war, much like Sengoku lead the war against Whitebeard.

I also do not believe Akainu is as strong as Blackbeard individually, but having command of the entire Navy evens out their strength. When Luffy fights Akainu he will be fighting the entire Navy. Blackbeard has a strong crew but not as large, nor is he supported by multiple Admirals, Vice-Admirals, and Captains.

EddyBob15
May 02, 2012, 04:56 PM
Whether or not he'll be the last opponent, Luffy WILL fight Akainu. Not for revenge for what killing Ace, but for something else. Think about it, Luffy said that he wanted to become stronger than Ace, right? So, if you were Luffy, what better way to prove you had become stronger than Ace than by fighting the person who defeated Ace?

M3J
May 02, 2012, 11:14 PM
Once Luffy makes a name for himself in the New World he likely will catch Blackbeard's eye. Blackbeard seems the type of guy who would take note of all potential rivals, and try to defeat them while they are weak. By the end of the series I expect Blackbeard and Luffy to be the closest to finding One Piece, forcing a battle to become Pirate King.
I also pegged him as a guy who'd take on challenges. He was competing with Luffy at the restaurant before Bellamy confronted Luffy. He hasn't directly killed Ace, and as far as I know, he's only killed one person.

Doubt Blackbeard would let the Supernovas go as they'd pose a challenge to him or be of risk to him as time passed by. Blackbeard could have also gone after Luffy in Impel Down, but he chose not to.

The World Government will be forced to react if Luffy reaches Raftel. Once he becomes Pirate King I presume they will treat him like Roger, an enemy so dangerous his entire bloodline must be eliminated. Unlike Roger, Luffy will have no reason to turn himself in, forcing the World Government to declare war. Akainu would lead the Navy to war, much like Sengoku lead the war against Whitebeard.

I also do not believe Akainu is as strong as Blackbeard individually, but having command of the entire Navy evens out their strength. When Luffy fights Akainu he will be fighting the entire Navy. Blackbeard has a strong crew but not as large, nor is he supported by multiple Admirals, Vice-Admirals, and Captains.

Why at Raftel? Why not before that? Marines should be trying to take Luffy out as soon as possible since SHP gains strength each adventure they're in.

But Blackbeard has two of the most powerful abilities. Yami yami no mi (?) was able to suck in a whole town (?) and was apparently enough to beat Ace. He could take out a lot of Marines with ability, especially with the one he stole from Whitebeard. I don't remember if long-range DF moves, like Akainu's daifuku (volcanic explosion) could hurt Blackbeard, but close-quarters combat seem to be in his favor. Though, haki might work.

Though, Blackbeard did run away from Shanks and possibly Marine, so who knows?

Though, Smoker could be Luffy's last opponent in the series. It'd probably be Garp vs. Roger kind of thing, both fight but not kill each other.

matzik1212
May 03, 2012, 06:15 AM

I think BB does care about Luffy . Actually i bet once he hears that he's back and has reached the NW he'll want to know more about him and possibly will try to eliminate him . The reason i think this will happen is 'cause he doesn't stand people more infamous than him and LUffy has always exceeded his expectations . Plus BB likes the way Luffy thinks and that was proved in Mock Town so he knows that he's a troublesome opponent. :)

EddyBob15
May 03, 2012, 04:31 PM
You guys seem to be forgetting what Jinbe said. Blackbeard and his crew are hunting for powerful DF users. That means, if Luffy's power keeps increasing, he's bound to become a target.

matzik1212
May 04, 2012, 11:36 AM
You guys seem to be forgetting what Jinbe said. Blackbeard and his crew are hunting for powerful DF users. That means, if Luffy's power keeps increasing, he's bound to become a target.

Hmm don't know about that . I mean yeah Luffy will become more stronger that's for sure but i don't think BB has an interest in his DF . After all i personally think the person using the DF is also very important not just the fruit itself . Anyway BB will put his eyes on Luffy again pretty soon IMO . :darn

EddyBob15
May 04, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hmm don't know about that . I mean yeah Luffy will become more stronger that's for sure but i don't think BB has an interest in his DF . After all i personally think the person using the DF is also very important not just the fruit itself . Anyway BB will put his eyes on Luffy again pretty soon IMO . :darn
Then why else would Jinbe warn him?

matzik1212
May 05, 2012, 07:21 AM
Then why else would Jinbe warn him?

Jimbei just gave him a warning to be careful of BB 'cause he targets strong DF but I personally think BB isn't interested in Luffy's DF, at least atm :) I don't know in the future though . He might develop an interest in his DF 'cause of Luffy , everything it's possible .

beck26
May 05, 2012, 08:38 AM
if blackbeard would target strong devil fruits...it would be guys that are already irrelevant in the story imo.

sengoku = buddha devil's fruit (for him?)
diamond jozu = diamond fruit for shiryuu? (so zoro can cut diamond)
marco the phoenix = phoenix fruit (lafitte? blackbeard?)
uruoge = muscle fruit (for jesus burgess?)

i do think the original members will be the only guys who would be given a devil's fruit....the prisoners (pizzaro, devon, wolf, vasco) looks strong enough.

for the record, i think doc Q got the sick-sick/infection-infection/virus-virus fruit. and lafitte got one too.

EddyBob15
May 05, 2012, 11:39 AM
What about Lucci?

beck26
May 05, 2012, 12:23 PM
i think lucci will be back...lucci and company imo...with aokiji? or drake X? since in the cover stories they are said to be fired by spandam right?

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

im curious what happened to crocodile and bones...if crocodile managed to put up a powerful crew then it'll be cool...and i dont think croco will join forces with any yonkou.

EddyBob15
May 05, 2012, 03:42 PM
No, no. I was asking if Lucci might become a victim of Blackbeard.

beck26
May 05, 2012, 10:50 PM
i doubt it...i doubt if CP9 would go to new world to be honest.

matzik1212
May 06, 2012, 04:54 AM
i doubt it...i doubt if CP9 would go to new world to be honest.

Then if they won't step into the NW how are they supposed to be back on screen . Now we are in the NW so if they'll appear then their appearance will be in the NW for sure .

I personally don't wanna see them again . They were already defeated by Luffy so no matter if these 2y passed i doubt they will pose a threat and be counted as a final opponent or even an opponent for the SH's . :nod

Ustegius
May 06, 2012, 05:09 AM
Well if Blackbeard is stealing fruits (note that hunting DF users doesn't necessaiy imply stealing the powers, might be just force-recruiting or eliminating threats, I don't remember it was directly said he was stealing powers) I don't think he'll be stealing any for himself, as I am firm believer of the Kerberos-theory and thus think he already has maximized 3 devil fruit powers. Though I find it interesting idea he is collecting powers to power up his own crew.

As for the actual topic, I'm also leaning towards the final opponent being World Goverment itself - and thus the Gorosei. I'm not entirely sold on if the old guys have actually serious fighting power, but atleast they might be the directing force.

Other option I'm considering is Doflamingo. Or well not actually Doflamingo, but the mysterious shadowed WG personel he is working for and was shown talking to. I have a feeling he might be planning to takeover the WG. Just a guess though.

raDar
May 06, 2012, 06:37 AM
I'm also betting on the generic "World Government's most powerful force" for now, though it's possible that it will be those five geezers themselves. Since it was already foreshadowed that there will definitely be a war sequential to One Piece's discovery. And that the Blackbeard crew showdown will happen prior to obtaining OP, so WG is more probable.

Doflamingo is also a plausible one. He's as mysterious as a final villain could get, though I think he'll be joining the SH vs BB fight to have a triple threat match since his main goal is to crush the dreams of those who wanted to find OP. If ever he's gonna be the one, then he will be no more than a "failed villain wreaking havoc out of frustration" without his main goal to fight for.

mattiaildivino
May 06, 2012, 11:57 AM
I can't make up my mind between BB or akainu. I think rufy should defeat the pirates to become the pirate king,then he will fight the WG,hence akainu(the culprit of ace's death). yet,I'm sure BB will give him the last battle,so I voted him.

beck26
May 06, 2012, 12:54 PM
i put it like this (theory) in terms of final moments in one piece:

1. shanks and his crew will try to stop blackbeard and blackbeard will almost kill shanks....as well as shiryuu killing mihawk.
2. the strawhats storm to raftel with blackbeard close behind them. (since blackbeard cant hear voice of all things, im thinking he would trail luffy until they get to raftel)
3. then a great fight between strawhats and blackbeards...strawhats win. end of blackbeards. and shanks and mihawk and yassop avenged.

* luffy vs blackbeard, zoro vs shiryuu, sanji vs burgess, nami vs catarina, ussop vs van augur, brook vs lafitte, chopper vs doc Q, franky vs pizarro, jinbe vs san juan wolf, smoker vs vasco shot...and so on and so forth.

4. luffy gets to raftel and finds one piece, void century revealed, all blue found
5. now with the void history revealed, luffy will wage war on mariejois itself...with luffy likely taking on akainu while the rest of strawhats taking on the gorousei and the three admirals (on the way to mariejois, laboon will meet brook)

^^^ *** reason why i theorized that the monster trio will expand, something like monster 5 to match-up well in against the best of WG. (i theorize that the other monster guys that would be added to the monster trio is jinbei...and smoker)

so....
akainu vs luffy....and vs coby somewhere along the path...
zoro vs the gorousei samurai.
sanji vs kizaru or the blonde gorousei.
jinbei...gorousei?
smoker....gorousei?
nami vs tsuru??? and so on and so forth.

6. now after defeating WG and bringing down mariejois....luffy will meet shanks and a friendly duel vs red hairs and strawhats will occur...luffy gives the strawhat back, shanks declines and gives the hat to luffy permanently.

rest will end the story.

EddyBob15
May 09, 2012, 10:58 PM
I've been thinking about what'll happen when the Straw Hat Pirates and the Blackbeard pirates have their battle. It's obvious each battle will be one on one, however if Luffy sticks to his claim and has a total of ten crew members, then there will be one member who doesn't fight.

BlackHair
May 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
I've been thinking about what'll happen when the Straw Hat Pirates and the Blackbeard pirates have their battle. It's obvious each battle will be one on one, however if Luffy sticks to his claim and has a total of ten crew members, then there will be one member who doesn't fight.I noticed a certain part in the new world times. In the lower left part (http://31.imagebam.com/download/H7M8ZB39Hci6djAj0t3RfQ/18555/185541587/aawN8TwS.jpg), there is a black circle. I don't read jap, nor Im trying to with translators, but maybe it stands for a possible new member for the BB pirates?!

Anyway, BB has a giant bigger than Oars Jr. in his crew. So I easily see the SHs fighting that giant (Wolf) after their one o ones. Maybe except Luffy (Zoro+Sanji+Jinbei).

In no particular order:

1. Luffy 2. Zoro 3. Nami 4. Ussop 5. Sanji 6. Chopper 7. Robin 8. Franky 9. Brook 10. Jinbei 11. xxx

1. Teach 2. Auger 3. Laftite 4. DocQ 5. Burgess 6. Shillew 7. Shot 8. Devon 9. Wolf 10. Pizarro 11. xxx

EddyBob15
May 10, 2012, 06:28 PM
Actually, the way I see could see it is:

Luffy vs Blackbeard

Zoro vs. Avalo Pizarro

Sanji vs Shiliew

Nami vs Vasco Shot

Usopp vs Van Augur

Chopper vs Doc Q

Robin vs Catarina Devon

Franky vs Jesus Burgess

Brook vs Laffitte

Jinbe vs Sanjuan Wolf

And that's not if Luffy gets any more members.

BlackHair
May 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
Actually, the way I see could see it is:U got that wrong, I didn't list them after their fated fights, just random the way their names popped in my head. That's all.

Anyway, Luffy vs BB, Zoro vs Shillew and Auger vs Usoppe are dead clear to me.

Tonix
May 11, 2012, 01:34 AM
I'm fairly certain that both crews will pick up a few more members so its hard to discern who will end up fighting who.

The only ones that seem apparent to me are:

Luffy vs Blackbeard, kind of obvious since they are the captains and Blackbeard killed Ace.

Zorro vs Shilliew, Shilliew is the only swordsman on the Blackbeard side right now so its a clear match up imo.

Sanji vs Laffite, they are both the brainy members of their respective crews, and they can both fly so they can have an epic air battle if Oda ever gets lazy and decides to imitate Bleach and stop drawing backgrounds for awhile.

Brooke vs Doc Q, Doc Q is one of the only Blackbeard members that uses a bladed weapon, and he has the Grim Reaper epithet so I think it would be a fitting match up.

Usopp vs Auger

and maybe Franky vs Burgess, I'm not really sure why.

MonkeyDLuffy7GR
May 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
I personally think Law will be the last opponent...If you before the timeskip he said that he does not rush to reach New World. He will wait till the right time to steal the proper throne.Propably he knows that a carrier of the will of D (like Luffy) has most chances of claiming OP so he will try to become his ally and then fight with him to take the OP. Actually I do not like this scenario coz Law is my fav in OP (ignore my name :P).

BUT if Luffy does not reach One Piece for some reason then I think Buggy will claim it for sure.

mattiaildivino
May 11, 2012, 02:41 PM
I personally think Law will be the last opponent...If you before the timeskip he said that he does not rush to reach New World. He will wait till the right time to steal the proper throne.Propably he knows that a carrier of the will of D (like Luffy) has most chances of claiming OP so he will try to become his ally and then fight with him to take the OP. Actually I do not like this scenario coz Law is my fav in OP (ignore my name :P).

BUT if Luffy does not reach One Piece for some reason then I think Buggy will claim it for sure.

stealing treasures just found by others? man,Bellamy has already been defeated :) .
about law's sentece concerning the throne,I interpreted it to become a shichibukai or to obtain other titles. I think it was translated quite bad because noone expected him to join the shichibukai.

MonkeyDLuffy7GR
May 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
stealing treasures just found by others? man,Bellamy has already been defeated :) .
about law's sentece concerning the throne,I interpreted it to become a shichibukai or to obtain other titles. I think it was translated quite bad because noone expected him to join the shichibukai.

xDDD Nice one about bellamy. I want Law to be a good guy. Luffy's Whitebeard if Luffy is Roger...Sth like that.

EddyBob15
May 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
I'm fairly certain that both crews will pick up a few more members so its hard to discern who will end up fighting who.

The only ones that seem apparent to me are:

Luffy vs Blackbeard, kind of obvious since they are the captains and Blackbeard killed Ace.

I think you mean Blackbeard defeated Ace.

Kaiten
May 11, 2012, 05:23 PM
Luffy could have included himself when he said a ten man crew. And if he meant eleven members total, including himself, then I guess someone has to fight the horse :|

http://i.imgur.com/rTBwV.png

That won't be necessary though, since the Blackbeard Pirates are a ten man crew. The Strawhats will be too, once Big Mom is defeated and Jinbe joins.

EddyBob15
May 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
I'm voting Chopper takes on that horse. However, like his owner, I don't think that creature is as weak as it appears.

Doraku
May 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
Like others already said, It is getting clearer that Blackbeard would become the final opponent. Same amount of crews, perfect definition of "evil" and 2 devil fruits.
But honestly before facing Blackbeard, I would love to see if Luffy can beat Akainu though.

EddyBob15
May 13, 2012, 09:55 PM
You know, Oda might troll us and Luffy won't be the one to take Blackbead down at all. From what the Gorousei were saying, it seems the only ones capable of standing up to Blackbeard's strength are the other Yonko and the Whitebeard pirates.

M3J
May 14, 2012, 12:19 AM
You know, Oda might troll us and Luffy won't be the one to take Blackbead down at all. From what the Gorousei were saying, it seems the only ones capable of standing up to Blackbeard's strength are the other Yonko and the Whitebeard pirates.

Wouldn't make as much sense since SHP is getting stronger. The Gorousei made that statement before the time skip, didn't they? If so, then Luffy and his crew have gotten very strong. By making someone say that, Oda's probably setting up to show how powerful Blackbeard is, and how powerful Luffy will be if he beats Blackbeard. Considering Blackbeard has the power of Yomi Yomi no Mi and Whitebeard's power, it's very hard to imagine Whitebeard pirates bein able to stand a chance against him.

Though it's very likely that Shanks, at the very least, could as Blackbeard seem to fear him at the time they met.

Doraku
May 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
Now come to think of it, I wonder if Luffy would have to face Kaidou later on. The latest Yonko that has to be revealed could become his last enemy.

Kaiten
May 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
My guess is that Luffy will not fight Kaidou, that he will be another characters opponent. X Drake challenged him before the time skip, we'll see what the consequences of that will be at some point.

Dekker
May 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't make as much sense since SHP is getting stronger. The Gorousei made that statement before the time skip, didn't they? If so, then Luffy and his crew have gotten very strong. By making someone say that, Oda's probably setting up to show how powerful Blackbeard is, and how powerful Luffy will be if he beats Blackbeard. Considering Blackbeard has the power of Yomi Yomi no Mi and Whitebeard's power, it's very hard to imagine Whitebeard pirates bein able to stand a chance against him.

Yes, they said that pre-timeskip. They were elaborating who could actually take Teach down as it stands at that Moment. And the only ones they figured where the rest of the yonkou and marco the phoenix. They didn't even name all of the whitebeardpirates, just him. Makes me wonder if Marco actually was the second strongest in the group. Didn't seem that way during war.

And I think its a given that Luffy will probably fight Blackbeard over One Piece. Though it is still not clear if finding the One Piece will be the end of this manga. It could still be that the last arc may be the war of the revulutionaries, that will come once the Shp reach the One Piece and Robin puts together the whole story of the void century. We also don't know if the admirals are actually the strongest fighters the worldgovernment has. There could still be another army under the wgs control.

Hard to say what will happen.

M3J
May 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
I don't think Marco would be able to beat Blackbeard, if his fight with Kizaru and being chained showed anything. At least Ace showed to have combat skills without his DF, Marco hasn't shown anything. The only way he could take down Blackbeard is by surprise since Blackbeard wouldn't be able to take away Marco's power.

I agree. Might very well be Luffy reaches the end, but they learn about the Void Century and decide to do something. The Marine may have more powerful fighters lying in secret just in case.

Kaiten
May 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
Marco was strong enough to block Kizaru's attack, something not a single Supernova could accomplish at the time. That being said he was unable to maintain control of Whitebeard's territory or succeed the old man as a Yonkou.

It only makes sense for the final enemy to be the World Government, Oda has practically written it into the plot already. By circumnavigating the Grand Line and reaching Raftel, Roger became the most wanted man in the world. In the eyes of the government his crimes were so great that for the crime of being son, Ace was to be publicly executed, on national television no less. The Government was even willing to tip the balance of power, a pillar of world policy, in order to capture him. It would be a massive plot hole if another pirate were to follow in Rogers foot steps, reach Raftel, recover his treasure, but not become the most wanted man on the planet. The manga must end with Luffy becoming Pirate King, revealing the true history, followed by an all out war between the World Government and an alliance lead by Luffy the Pirate King.

Blackbeard does not make as much sense as the final opponent. His role is to be Luffy's greatest rival, he has to be fought before Luffy becomes Pirate King. Blackbeard will have to be defeated before Luffy can reach Raftel. But defeating Blackbeard does not conclude the main plot: one piece, the Poneglyphs, the Void Century, the ancient weapons, the ancient kingdom, the true history, Ohara, the Revolutionary Army, the Tenryuubito, D., and the truth about Roger can only find closure once the World Government is defeated. It makes the most sense for the World Government to be defeated by the Pirate King, unchallenged symbol of freedom and adventure, rather than by the future Pirate King.

M3J
May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
I can see that happening. Once Luffy becomes a pirate king, SHP and RA may meet and discuss plans about overthrowing the World Government and Tenryuubito in order to set up a better way of living after learning about the Void Century. Luffy's final enemy might very well be someone extremely powerful in World Government or Marine. This may turn into a battle that ends one side or another.

Though, if the World Government and Marine are defeated, what's to stop the Yonkou from dominating with nothing to stop them? Not sure if the Shichibukai will bother to fight the Yonkou if there's nothing motivating them.

Doraku
May 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
Blackbeard does not make as much sense as the final opponent. His role is to be Luffy's greatest rival, he has to be fought before Luffy becomes Pirate King. Blackbeard will have to be defeated before Luffy can reach Raftel. But defeating Blackbeard does not conclude the main plot: one piece, the Poneglyphs, the Void Century, the ancient weapons, the ancient kingdom, the true history, Ohara, the Revolutionary Army, the Tenryuubito, D., and the truth about Roger can only find closure once the World Government is defeated. It makes the most sense for the World Government to be defeated by the Pirate King, unchallenged symbol of freedom and adventure, rather than by the future Pirate King.

Interesting. So maybe later we will have another character representing as the last opponent for Luffy, which representing the World Government to annihilate the Pirates. Makes more sense rather than Blackbeard as the "real" final opponent for Luffy.

Zoronoa Roro
May 15, 2012, 02:02 AM
Marco was strong enough to block Kizaru's attack, something not a single Supernova could accomplish at the time. That being said he was unable to maintain control of Whitebeard's territory or succeed the old man as a Yonkou.

It only makes sense for the final enemy to be the World Government, Oda has practically written it into the plot already. By circumnavigating the Grand Line and reaching Raftel, Roger became the most wanted man in the world. In the eyes of the government his crimes were so great that for the crime of being son, Ace was to be publicly executed, on national television no less. The Government was even willing to tip the balance of power, a pillar of world policy, in order to capture him. It would be a massive plot hole if another pirate were to follow in Rogers foot steps, reach Raftel, recover his treasure, but not become the most wanted man on the planet. The manga must end with Luffy becoming Pirate King, revealing the true history, followed by an all out war between the World Government and an alliance lead by Luffy the Pirate King.

Even if it plays like that BB could still be final oponent if he plays the role similar to that in marineford war

Kaiten
May 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
I can see that happening. Once Luffy becomes a pirate king, SHP and RA may meet and discuss plans about overthrowing the World Government and Tenryuubito in order to set up a better way of living after learning about the Void Century. Luffy's final enemy might very well be someone extremely powerful in World Government or Marine. This may turn into a battle that ends one side or another.

Though, if the World Government and Marine are defeated, what's to stop the Yonkou from dominating with nothing to stop them? Not sure if the Shichibukai will bother to fight the Yonkou if there's nothing motivating them.

The Strawhats, Revolutionaries, and allies won't have to plan for war. The government will make a move, declaring war on Luffy and his allies, like they did with Roger and later Whitebeard. The only reason they avoided all out war with Roger is he turned himself in.

Once there is a Pirate King there will no longer be Yonkou. There will be other pirates, but Luffy will be preeminent, just as Roger was. The Yonkou will no longer be able to style themselves emperors.

Interesting. So maybe later we will have another character representing as the last opponent for Luffy, which representing the World Government to annihilate the Pirates. Makes more sense rather than Blackbeard as the "real" final opponent for Luffy.

If there is a war between Luffy, the World Government and Marine, I expect that will be the time the Gorosei and Kong fight. Possibly Akainu too, but he could be defeated before Raftel.

Even if it plays like that BB could still be final oponent if he plays the role similar to that in marineford war

How can Luffy be considered Pirate King, greatest Pirate to sale the seas since Roger, and still have a rival remaining? If he were to fight Blackbeard after Raftel that would mean Rogers treasure was hollow symbolism, Luffy would be Pirate King in name only until Blackbeard's defeat. Would it not make more sense to fight Blackbeard first, and then with his greatest rival defeated Luffy would be free to enter Raftel, take up Roger's treasure, and with it become the greatest Pirate of his age?

Zoronoa Roro
May 17, 2012, 06:27 AM
How can Luffy be considered Pirate King, greatest Pirate to sale the seas since Roger, and still have a rival remaining? If he were to fight Blackbeard after Raftel that would mean Rogers treasure was hollow symbolism, Luffy would be Pirate King in name only until Blackbeard's defeat. Would it not make more sense to fight Blackbeard first, and then with his greatest rival defeated Luffy would be free to enter Raftel, take up Roger's treasure, and with it become the greatest Pirate of his age?

No no i didnt meant that way.. i meant in backstabing way... for example... everything plays as you described, marines and SH fight the war but BB comes at the pinacle and try to take 2 flies with one hit, or something along that line. it fits BB character.

M3J
May 17, 2012, 03:53 PM
The Strawhats, Revolutionaries, and allies won't have to plan for war. The government will make a move, declaring war on Luffy and his allies, like they did with Roger and later Whitebeard. The only reason they avoided all out war with Roger is he turned himself in.

Once there is a Pirate King there will no longer be Yonkou. There will be other pirates, but Luffy will be preeminent, just as Roger was. The Yonkou will no longer be able to style themselves emperors.

Hmm, always thought the SHP and RA would declare war against Tenryuubito. Luffy officially declared war against the World Government when he had the flag burned by Sogeking, no? but instead of targeting just the WG or the Marines, RA and SHP can also target Tenryuubito and take them out in one fell swoop.

BlackHair
May 18, 2012, 03:23 AM
No no i didnt meant that way.. i meant in backstabing way... for example... everything plays as you described, marines and SH fight the war but BB comes at the pinacle and try to take 2 flies with one hit, or something along that line. it fits BB character.1. BB falls. 2. Luffy becomes PK. 3. Final battle against the WG.

That's commonly known order, ever since WB dying words.

McNuss
June 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
Blackbeard does not make as much sense as the final opponent. His role is to be Luffy's greatest rival, he has to be fought before Luffy becomes Pirate King. Blackbeard will have to be defeated before Luffy can reach Raftel. I think it is also possible that Blackbeard gets defeated on Raftel. Roger became Pirate King because he was the first man since ancient times to reach Raftel. To become the next Pirate King, one has to find the One Piece, which is on Raftel. So I'm thinking that the showdown with Blackbeard could happen on Raftel, but before Luffy finds the One Piece.

After Raftel I also think that we get the final war. However, I'm currently not seeing the Gorosei as Luffy's last direct opponent. Of course, they somehow are the last opponent, as they lead the World Government's forces, but for Luffy's last one-on-one fight I'm seeing Akainu. Akainu has been build up as the representative of the Absolute Justice. The Gorosei share his view of Justice, but they are giving orders from Mariejoa, while Akainu is the one who carries them out. He's the executive. He's the murderer of Ace and the one who did the most damage to Whitebeard, who was considered as the only one who has ever tied with Roger. Even right know Akainu is present in the storyline as the one who ravaged half of Punk Hazard.

Also, we don't know if the Gorosei can fight at Luffy's level. They have scars and are all quite muscular, but that's all we currently know.
As for Kong, I don't think his character is complex enough for the final opponent. This might change if we see him more in future chapters. Also keep in mind that he does not neccesarily have to be stronger than Akainu. His rank is higher, but that's all we know.

MonkeyDLuffy7GR
June 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
I think it is also possible that Blackbeard gets defeated on Raftel. Roger became Pirate King because he was the first man since ancient times to reach Raftel. To become the next Pirate King, one has to find the One Piece, which is on Raftel. So I'm thinking that the showdown with Blackbeard could happen on Raftel, but before Luffy finds the One Piece.

After Raftel I also think that we get the final war. However, I'm currently not seeing the Gorosei as Luffy's last direct opponent. Of course, they somehow are the last opponent, as they lead the World Government's forces, but for Luffy's last one-on-one fight I'm seeing Akainu. Akainu has been build up as the representative of the Absolute Justice. The Gorosei share his view of Justice, but they are giving orders from Mariejoa, while Akainu is the one who carries them out. He's the executive. He's the murderer of Ace and the one who did the most damage to Whitebeard, who was considered as the only one who has ever tied with Roger. Even right know Akainu is present in the storyline as the one who ravaged half of Punk Hazard.

Also, we don't know if the Gorosei can fight at Luffy's level. They have scars and are all quite muscular, but that's all we currently know.
As for Kong, I don't think his character is complex enough for the final opponent. This might change if we see him more in future chapters. Also keep in mind that he does not neccesarily have to be stronger than Akainu. His rank is higher, but that's all we know.

Kong like Sengoku the Budha propably has a giant Ape fruit except for Oda surprising us again. I believe Luffy will not become Pirate King...All his techniques (mostly Gear Second) drain his life...especially before timeskip.Also in the Luffy vs BB fight I see shanks sacrifising himself...Before or during the fight. If Luffy dies then it would happen after he wins the final battle IMO and Buggy will become Pirate King.

McNuss
June 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
I believe Luffy will not become Pirate King...All his techniques (mostly Gear Second) drain his life...especially before timeskip.Also in the Luffy vs BB fight I see shanks sacrifising himself...Before or during the fight. If Luffy dies then it would happen after he wins the final battle IMO and Buggy will become Pirate King.So, in your opinion, we are reading a completely pointless manga, with the whole stuff about dreams and all just being there so that we can be trolled in the end?

Luffy's techniques and exspecially Iva's hormone treatment surely damaged his body a lot, but his Doctor, Chopper will cure him. That's Chopper's dream, to find a cure for everything.

MonkeyDLuffy7GR
June 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
So, in your opinion, we are reading a completely pointless manga, with the whole stuff about dreams and all just being there so that we can be trolled in the end?

Luffy's techniques and exspecially Iva's hormone treatment surely damaged his body a lot, but his Doctor, Chopper will cure him. That's Chopper's dream, to find a cure for everything.

I do not say that the manga is pointless. On the contrary it is awesome and I am a big fan of One Piece (it is my fav anime by far).But that's my opinion.... Also I do not think Chopper can find a way to lengthen the life span...Ivankov's hormones that were used on Luffy are not the ones that affect life span.

Schabrak
June 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
Do yourself a favour and read the manga [too].

The healing technique was called "Emporio: Healing Hormones", so yes, it was the hormone treatment that took ten years of Luffy's life.

I see the point of living the dream in form of "The journey is the reward.", but why would Oda do that? Do you expect the BB fight to be before or after the WG is liberated?

MonkeyDLuffy7GR
June 13, 2012, 09:49 AM

The healing technique was called "Emporio: Healing Hormones", so yes, it was the hormone treatment that took ten years of Luffy's life.

I see the point of living the dream in form of "The journey is the reward.", but why would Oda do that? Do you expect the BB fight to be before or after the WG is liberated?

Yeah you are right Luffy lost 10 years coz of the hormones...My mistake xD. I am not sure about BB vs Luffy...Luffy becoming Pirate King would mean that WG would be destroyed coz they marines will never let a pirate king re appear... I do not know right now..Maybe BB destroyes WG? and then Luffy vs BB or Luffy vs WG and BB vs Revolutionaries and then Luffy vs BB...

Jorge D. Dragon
June 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
I believe that the last oponent will be World Government and particulary - Gorousei as they are the head body that rules WG and hence all the World and Luffy is destined to fight the World after finding One Piece on Raftel.;)

Of course I might be wrong, but it's the way I see all the plot as it is told now.:)

Kaiten
June 16, 2012, 12:19 PM
Kong like Sengoku the Budha propably has a giant Ape fruit except for Oda surprising us again. I believe Luffy will not become Pirate King...All his techniques (mostly Gear Second) drain his life...especially before timeskip.Also in the Luffy vs BB fight I see shanks sacrifising himself...Before or during the fight. If Luffy dies then it would happen after he wins the final battle IMO and Buggy will become Pirate King.

The fuck is the point of the manga then :XD

If Buggy becomes Pirate King it would be the biggest troll in the history of all literature. The hero dying so that a tertiary supporting character can achieve greatness is the most patently ridiculous sentiment I have ever seen.

Personally I expect the BB fight to be before the WG is liberated. Blackbeard is a rival, it would make the most sense if he is standing in Luffy's way at the most critical moment, before Luffy can reach Raftel. Fighting the World Government makes most sense after Raftel. Standing up to the powers that be and overturning tyranny would seem more meaningful after becoming Pirate King. After Raftel represents Luffy using his new found power to stand up to tyrants in the name of the oppressed, using his new found power to carve out a better world. If he defeats the Government before Raftel they represent nothing more than another obstacle on the path to adulthood.

More importantly, fighting the World Government after Raftel would be far more dramatic. The World Government going to war against the Pirate King would be far more dramatic than the World Government going to war against the prospective Pirate King. Imagine Luffy being proclaimed Pirate King, greatest hero of his age, reveals the true history to the public, followed by the World Government mobilizing for one last stand as Luffy gathers friends and allies from Albasta to Revolutionary Army, mobilizes the ancient weapons, defeats the World Government, and the manga ending with Luffy restoring the glory of the ancient kingdom, opening a new golden age. Defeating The World Government before Blackbeard eliminates all of that. Defeating the World Government before Raftel eliminates much of the drama too. Rather than confront them in all his glory as Pirate King, Luffy would just be another Pirate who became a nuisance, and needed to be snuffed out before things got any further.

BurnSchulz
June 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
I always believe the last enemy before reaching the One Piece will be Blackbeard. Maybe on Raftel!!!
But the last enemy of the Series will be the Gorousei and the WG.

Kaiten
June 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
I could imagine the fight between Luffy and Blackbeard taking place on Raftel itself. That would be a really epic location for the fight! I expect that the fight with the Blackbeard Pirates will take place across multiple islands, as both crews move toward the end of the New World. I also hope that Shanks and Luffy's reunion does not take place until the beginning of the Blackbeard saga. That would be a great moment for Shanks to acknowledge all Luffy has accomplished, lay his own ambitions aside, and aid Luffy in the last stage of his quest.

With Blackbeard out of the way, I expect Robin to find the Rio Poneglyph, and the full extent of the Tenryuubito and World Government's crimes to be exposed. The Strawhats coming to grips with the True History would set the stage perfectly for the last War, so much more would be on the line than if the government were destroyed before Raftel.

matzik1212
June 18, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hmm i don't quite like the thought of BB actually reaching Raftel :amuse

I mean it would be such a waste . I personally want to see only the SH's finding that place which was discovered only by Roger . That BB scum doesn't deserve the privilege of stepping on that island :arf

The final battle between BB and Luffy will take place near that island but BB will never discover it :nod

Ourum
July 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Blackbeard and Akainu battles will happen before Raftel, but a Luffy v. Coby fight will be the last. It will be awesome and epic

Kaiten
July 14, 2012, 12:25 PM
Luffy vs. Coby :teehee

That sure resolves a lot of major plot points. What a waste it would be for Blackbeard to defeat Akainu. What connection do they even have? It's Luffy who needs revenge for Ace. Blackbeard fighting Akainu would serve no plot purpose, it's something only suited to discussion in the Davey Back Fight forum.

It should be obvious to everyone, but in the end Coby will be an ally to Luffy, not an enemy. As the war made abundantly clear, Coby does not hold to the World Governments ideal of absolute justice. Clearly his world view is closer to the likes of Garp, Aokiji, and Smoker. In the final battle between Pirate King and World Government, Coby will be on Luffy's side.