PDA

View Full Version : Gold Lion/Kinjishi Discussion Thread

Yans86
January 31, 2009, 03:52 PM
Kinjishi.............Golden Lion.auh uahau hauha ua that's just amazing!!!!

From Movie 10 trailer:
SenGoku: Garp an annoyance has just resurfaced..
Garp: What do u mean?
Sengoku:...
Garp:Gol Lion HUh...where have u been for the last 20 years???(so he disappeared after escaping Impel Down and maybe while "hiding" gave birth to Nami in East Blue)SPECULATION

Shanks: I didn't think there was anything left but a legend

Whitebeard:what r u hiding?u just went and make this fun...

With the last chapter,things are really getting interesting...this man is the first one to escape Impel Down...
This man has relation with Nami...
This man was a legend well -known by the top marine as well as the top pirates...
Quite interesting that from the sub added on youtube eveyone tough that it was a marine for the outits similar to the Garp's.but he is not,he is more mafia style in contrapposition to Jinbei's Yakuza style..(interesting the Tribal theme on his coat,similar to Jinbei's and dragon's tribals..)

He was part of the Flying Pirate which recall The Flying dutch pirate ship........

This movie is going to come out in Spring 2009....so I think it's not really CANON(We have a great war that can't finish in just 8-9 chapters right now)...

However let's have a look at the title:
THE PAGE OF THE CRISTAL SHIP LOG WILL OPEN

At the beginning I tought that the Crystal Ship Log(logpose) was referred to Nami and her past,a fragile past with dark story behind her birth ecc ecc....now doing the navigator,sailing from a place to another thx to her skill but still fragile inside,unable to live without his friends bla bla bla.....
But then I rememberd the song of The doors "the Crystal ship".....it was supposed to be a love story,but in reality it's hint to an ancient Celtic Legend:

" In the ancient Book of the Dun Cow, the hero was wooed by a goddess who whisked him away to the "earthly paradise beyond the sea" in a magical ship that belonged to the sea god Manannan - a ship that was made of crystal, knew its pilot's mind and was capable of flying over sea and land."

"EARTHLY PARADISE BEYOND THE SEA"....."MAGICAL SHIP ABLE TO READ HIS PILOT'S MIND AND CAPABLE OF FLYING OVER SEA AND LAND".....makes me think to One Piece/earthly paradise).....Pluton(not a casualty that his poneglyphs was on a land)....Poseidon(his ponegliphs was supposed to be on a Island but knock-up stream changed things).....so possible a third ship Zeus(capable of flying and read pilot 's mind?)...

What do u think?some new hint on this character and our story???

Akainu
January 31, 2009, 04:37 PM
Actually at Jump Festa one of the people on stage said the movie will be out in about a year, that was in december 2008 so spring is highly unlikely (yt link in the last thread I linked on page 24!)
Over at Arlong Park Forums there is a thread about Jump Festa (http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=20191&highlight=Jump+Festa) including a sketch of a sketch of Gold Lion (http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1014488&postcount=145) Oda did there and last but not least a thread about movie 10 (http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=16796) which contains information about all that "movie 10 will be canon" actually being an april fools prank.

So much for both of that, I don't really have to say what I think about the speculation part do I? ^^

And finally a paragraph about Gold Lion himself: he's got to be one hell of a guy. I mean escaping ID right? with everything we saw in there that's jsut a stunner. I absolutely agree on the inspiration Oda might have taken from the flying dutchman, thus I'm off doing some research now :tem

Superman
January 31, 2009, 05:04 PM
Who says this Oda did this sketch??

Akainu
January 31, 2009, 05:15 PM
'kay, I rushed a bit back there, it's the sketch of a sketch Oda did. doesn't give it much anyway but you shall have your will :amuse

Superman
January 31, 2009, 08:24 PM
Ok. Anyway its cool how oda made such conection about movie and manga......but hes oda!:XD:XD

Onomatopoeia
February 03, 2009, 11:59 PM
I want to know, is this Canon or not? I know Oda's writing it and more importantly it's mentioned in the manga so does that make the background story canon or everything?

bittman
February 04, 2009, 12:29 AM
Somehow I think it will be more canon in the sense that:
"This could actually happen amongst all these other things"
moreso than
"This happens, the manga suddenly reappears two weeks later with broader knowledge"

I mean, technically this movie would have to take place before Impel Down, since Whitebeard is kicking and the Strawhats are all together. To me the best...correction, "ONLY" place this could almost look canon and fit in would be between TB and Shabondy.

On the other hand, this could be written in the sense of canon (i.e. characters are used in ways they never would be in fillers, specifically support characters from marines), but have 90% taken out of the current plot.

I mean, why the hell is Luffy wearing a jacket? I don't find anything believable about that. Did he dress up to confront the WG?

Magellan
February 07, 2009, 02:11 PM
Actually at Jump Festa one of the people on stage said the movie will be out in about a year, that was in december 2008 so spring is highly unlikely (yt link in the last thread I linked on page 24!)
Over at Arlong Park Forums there is a thread about Jump Festa including a sketch of a sketch of Gold Lion Oda did there and last but not least a thread about movie 10 which contains information about all that "movie 10 will be canon" actually being an april fools prank.

Hmmm although the sketch is pretty brutal, the one for jinbei does look kind of like him although he forgot his swirly sideburns which in my opinion is the most noticable property of him. The drawing of Gol D. Lion kinda resembles that one pirate captain who could turn into the candy syrup from that one movie. I wish I got a glimpse of that picture, I usually have good memory with that kind of stuff.

Also I hope they use a drawing style similar to what they used in movie 6 and movie 9!

I mean, why the hell is Luffy wearing a jacket? I don't find anything believable about that. Did he dress up to confront the WG?

Oda could easily incorporate the suits into the movie. Maybe some character told Luffy he can be more intimidating when dressed properly, or maybe they're dressed for a celebration and at the place is where Gol D. Lion is making a ruckus. We will just have to wait and see!

Superman
February 07, 2009, 06:47 PM
Also I hope they use a drawing style similar to what they used in movie 6 and movie 9!

PERVEEERRRRTTTTTT I hope so too. Robin is still the hottest....then Nami......then Kokoro then m y girlfriend then EHHHHHHHHHH i drifted.:XD:XD SHs have cool look thats enough for me :XD