foganime
February 02, 2009, 12:25 AM
Just released!

http://mangahelpers.com/s/foganime/details/10974

Thanks for the raws & your support.

-foganime

Nami
February 02, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks! It would help if you can provide a short summary of what it's about,...but wait, it is seinen romance, isn't it?

foganime
February 02, 2009, 12:32 PM
Split between romance and "mahou henshin shoujo".

Transformation between can and GIRLISH forms is a central point of the manga...
So I chose "henshin shoujo".

The story revolves around a typical high school boy named Kakeru Daichi and the can of melon juice soda that he bought from a vending machine. The can suddenly transforms into a beautiful but standoffish girl that Kakeru nicknames "Melon," and more "Akikan" ["empty can"] girls appear. However, Akikan girls need to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.

(from Animenewsnetwork)

Tsukisama
February 02, 2009, 01:05 PM
Split between romance and "mahou henshin shoujo".

Transformation between can and GIRLISH forms is a central point of the manga...
So I chose "henshin shoujo".

The story revolves around a typical high school boy named Kakeru Daichi and the can of melon juice soda that he bought from a vending machine. The can suddenly transforms into a beautiful but standoffish girl that Kakeru nicknames "Melon," and more "Akikan" ["empty can"] girls appear. However, Akikan girls need to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.

(from Animenewsnetwork)

The series "Akikan!" is listed in our database as a shounen manga (http://mangahelpers.com/m/akikan). Would you suggest that it should be changed to a shoujo manga? (This question pertains to demographics and not just themes; thus, being a romance or even having magical transformations would not necessarily change the demographic.)

Also, I changed the title, as this will now be the thread for discussing Akikan!, the series as a whole and not just this one chapter.

foganime
February 02, 2009, 02:18 PM
Then I would leave the category as "shounen", as long as it's the audience demographic.

Moved to shouned section then