PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Hajime no Aku by FUJIKI Shun

fiva
February 07, 2009, 11:44 AM
Author/Artist: FUJIKI Shun
Serialized In: Shonen Sunday (Shogakukan)
Genre: Comedy Shounen

http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-thumbnails/9567/1 http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-thumbnails/9567/2 http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-thumbnails/9567/3
Hajimete No Aku 1 (http://mangahelpers.com/s/fiva55/details/9567)

Description

In the spring of Kyoko's first year in high school, Eiko, a girl like a sister to her, returns with her younger brother, Jiro.The return isn't that big of a deal, but Jiro (self proclaimed super mad scientist) has it in his head that he wants to operate on Kyoko! And, what's even more, the two of them are actually high ranking members of an Evil organization at the run for the heroes of justice!
As if high school didn't have enough problems already, now she has to deal with these two living with her.

Awesome comedy! Please give it a try and tell me what you think of it.

Alexandrius
February 12, 2009, 02:19 PM
It's funny. Definitely worth the read. Love the art as well.

fiva
February 12, 2009, 02:36 PM
Wow a reply in this thread :P. It´s definitely funny, but I wonder whether this series will be story based or just separate arcs every time. I would prefer a good storyline, but we will see.

Alexandrius
February 12, 2009, 03:07 PM
The first chapters didn't appeal to me that much but when the Fangroup was introduced it started to get a little more interested. I like Kyouko as a character alot, not that fond of the Dad or the other characters. Gotta love the adult undertoned sex humor though.

fiva
February 12, 2009, 03:33 PM
Indeed the fangroup made this series a lot funnier. I wonder if they will return after the current chapter.

Yuki is humor too :p. Gotta love the faces she make and the time she suggested to modify Kyouko with dog ears::D.

Alexandrius
February 12, 2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah. I loved the Catgirl thing.

Bomber D Rufi
February 13, 2009, 12:01 AM
Wow! Even though it's only two people so far, it makes me happy to see a thread for a series I translated from the beginning! (Where the heck is the Hyde and Closer thread?!)

I agree with fiva55 though, I'd like to see a plot develop for the series outside of perverted hijinks, but the art is nice, and the characters are fun to play around with. (I myself try to translate Jiro speaking like a stereotypical supervillian....If anyone notices...)

Oh yes, before I forget. YUKI LOVE. She's like the most awesome character in the series so far. I love her unabashed perverseness. She's like one of the guys in the body of a cute girl :-P And chapter six just proves this. *Boing boing*. I hope to get my Microsoft word back in time to start with the next one...

Galactic Tomahawk
February 13, 2009, 12:54 AM
Read this earlier today, the fanclub got on my nerves and kinda brought down the last couple chapters, but as a whole the manga's pretty hilarious so far. I really hope it leans more towards the evil organization/mad science angle in the future.

fiva
February 16, 2009, 05:29 PM
Woot another chapter is out.
This should be the end of the current arc. I wonder what will happen next chapter.

Anyway I wonder how long this series will last. The future will learn us I guess.

Alexandrius
February 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
Any news on how it's faring in the Japanese market? Popular by any chance?

fiva
February 16, 2009, 06:58 PM
No idea, but my taste isn't like the Japanese it seems. Since I liked both Mx0 and double arts.........

Bomber D Rufi
February 16, 2009, 10:47 PM
It's sort of mysterious how Sunday ranks things, so we probably won't know until either it sinks to the bottom of the TOC or happens to stay really high for a very long time. Either way, unless Fujiki picks a fight with an editor, or the Japanese send in hate mail, it'll be around for a while, since Sunday seems less Trigger happy than Jump when it comes to canceling serializations; and Fujiki had one series before this that was pretty popular. (Or at least it seemed like it was, it lasted 9 volumes anyway.)

Though a good indicator is the fact that we are getting scans for it regularly. The Japanese normally don't scan what they don't like ;)