PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 324 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Predator
September 14, 2006, 11:22 AM
Finally!! Finally we get to see the move Hidan held behind his Akatsukish sleeve.

If you ask me, it looks like some kind of mirror-like jutsu. Instead of hurting the opponent you hurt yourself. :s
Quite a scary move, if you're asking. It'll take the skills of Shikamaru at it's best to handle this situation.

See other details in the 323th Chapter (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8593.0).

Now, let's move on to revising previous chapters and thinking about that.
..... Where did the predicting go? ..... Well ..... it's not too much to predict this time, is it. :sweatdrop

Make your guessing about:
Shikamaru and his ideas, Asuma and his actions, Hidan and his jutsu, Kakuzu and his greed, Izumo and Kotetsu.
How will the six of them move? What strategies will they use? Is all that really a giant game of shougi?

Tell me, tell me, tell me :shakefist .............. TELL ME NOW! :yelling

Panda
September 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
Oh yes... It's a giant game of Shougi and Shikamaru doesn't seem to approve of Asuma's moves. I think that Team Asuma will be in a very ugly situation when the bad relationship of Hidan and Kakuzu steps in to mess Hidan up.

HimuraX
September 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
Dude, Asuma got punked. All the talk about him being strong and hes getting pwned by who I believe to be a weaker Atatsuki.

Onto the predictions. I think Shikimaru will have to come up with a good plan and take the role of leader from Asuma. I think Asuma is only going to get annoyed and seek revenge for his friend's death. I also predict they will find some method to stop Hidan but then before the finishing blow Kakuzu will stop the finishing blow, which puts Atatsuki in a uber league that even a team with Shikimaru and Asuma can't touch.

Lets hope Team Gai shows up and saves the day. Haven't seen them in a while and I think they are perfect to fight Hidan + Kakuzu. I wanna see the speed/skill Rock Lee has obtained over the time skip, since the we saw nothing much when they faced Atasuki to save Garra.

I think Lee's speed and fighting style would be good to fight Kakuzu. While we haven't see Kakuzu's fighting style, I'd say hes hand-to-hand since we've not seen a weapon yet and he went at Shikimaru with his fists. I would also guess that Neji might be good to fight Hidan since he might be able to stop Hidan's attack. That is, we don't know if Hidan's moves are Chakara based, but if they are, Neji might be able to take that uber power away. I really just want to see some of the 9 actually show some power to stop Atasuki. Naruto and the leaders can't be the one to stop them all, I want to see someone stand 1-on-1 and fight an Atasuki to show the power of Konohan's leaves (something alongs the lines of what the 3rd said).

Defenderx2
September 14, 2006, 12:39 PM
Shikamaru will think of something, maybe a little too late as Asuma might get really hurt really quickly if he loses his cool again, but now that they know what he can do, Asuma will hopefully calm down and let his teammate's brain think of a plan. That plan I think will have something to do with getting Hidan out of that circle he's drawn with blood on the ground, maybe having Hidan taste some of his own blood, or even Kakuzu's if he attacks. But Team Asuma is in a bad place here, there's no cover to provide shadow extension for Shika so his jutsu are limited and these guys are coming at them hard. Maybe Hidan's weakness is going to end up being water, washing away his seal might end his ceremony. That's the key though, his ceremony and how it works will reveal his weakness.

JoJoJO
September 14, 2006, 01:37 PM
Well look like Asuma will be dead in a few chapters.

My prediction will be half of the next chapter will be naruto training and the next half will be Team Asuma ass been kick.

Goodbye Asuma we knew little about you but we will miss you.

jirashi
September 14, 2006, 01:48 PM
dont want this to happen but i have a feeling that asuma is going to somehow subdue, or hold hidan down, (this might not even happen) but asuma will tell shika that in order to kill/stop hidan, he's going to have to either kill asuma or kill hidan even if that means that asuma will die along w/ him. that being the sacrificial piece that asuma was talking about earlier

kadoman
September 14, 2006, 01:54 PM
I have no idea what will happen next. I am totally in the dark. The only thing I can predict is that the solution will come from Shikamaru, or he will 'save the day' in some way, shape or form. I think this is going to be Shika's moment of glory and I think Asuma will sacrifice himself in some way.

kyubisharingan
September 14, 2006, 02:00 PM
Ok erm...Asuma is bout to get a fatal hit but either Izumo or Kotetsu jump in and get killed. Mean while Training with Naruto, again the kyuubi unleashes but yamato was too late and Kakashi gets to witnes sthe 4 tails. Kakashi is trying to distract it so Yamato can return Naruto to normal. He does. Hidan starts to show more of his jutsu...and thats it:D[br]Posted on: September 14, 2006, 02:55:28 PM_________________________________________________But i think that they figure out that if u get hit by his sythe of something u get curse, in a sense.

Drunken_Goblin
September 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
Well, there are a couple of possible things that might occur:
1.All of Asuma's team (or at least Asuma) get killed or at least some of them are able to get away (in that case most likely not Asuma).

2.Asuma pulls out some crazy sacrifice-jutsu and thus will sacrifice himself to give the others the time to get away/inform other teams or at least to take Hidan out (maybe to avenge Chiriku or whatever that guy was called) - however , in that case Asuma will most likely die.

3.Another team appears and saves the day (and probably the injured Asuma/team), however I can't really imagine what team could be able to take Hidan out (probably Team Gai appearing, but they had some problems with a copy of Kisame and I doubt they'd be able to beat Hidan - I don't even wanna think about BOTH Akatsuki).

4.Somehow this idea came into my mind: Maybe Jiraya appears to help them . Don't know why this came into my mind, but he seemed to be able to fight Akatsuki and is probably the only one who can save team Asuma.

Besides that there's also the possiblity that one of team Asamaru (as mentioned above) shows some high-lvl jutsu - however, I don't think anyone of them is even close to Kakashi's lvl (which is as I think required to fight an Akatsuki member at least with a slight chance to win) and thus none of them is able to fight Akatsuki.

Besides all that, maybe we'll get to watch Naruto train (or at least his face at the end of a chapter, saying something like "Yeah, I did it" or "Damn, this is difficult...") or Kakashi/Yamato talk.

kyubisharingan
September 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
Well, there are a couple of possible things that might occur:
1.All of Asuma's team (or at least Asuma) get killed or at least some of them are able to get away (in that case most likely not Asuma).

2.Asuma pulls out some crazy sacrifice-jutsu and thus will sacrifice himself to give the others the time to get away/inform other teams or at least to take Hidan out (maybe to avenge Chiriku or whatever that guy was called) - however , in that case Asuma will most likely die.

3.Another team appears and saves the day (and probably the injured Asuma/team), however I can't really imagine what team could be able to take Hidan out (probably Team Gai appearing, but they had some problems with a copy of Kisame and I doubt they'd be able to beat Hidan - I don't even wanna think about BOTH Akatsuki).

4.Somehow this idea came into my mind: Maybe Jiraya appears to help them . Don't know why this came into my mind, but he seemed to be able to fight Akatsuki and is probably the only one who can save team Asuma.

Besides that there's also the possiblity that one of team Asamaru (as mentioned above) shows some high-lvl jutsu - however, I don't think anyone of them is even close to Kakashi's lvl (which is as I think required to fight an Akatsuki member at least with a slight chance to win) and thus none of them is able to fight Akatsuki.

Besides all that, maybe we'll get to watch Naruto train (or at least his face at the end of a chapter, saying something like "Yeah, I did it" or "Damn, this is difficult...") or Kakashi/Yamato talk.

I really do hope team Gai comes. I just really wanna see Gai, neji, and lee again(noticed i didnt ask for ten-ten xD)

neji66
September 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
I think while Hidan is fighting, Asuma will dodge one of his attacks and the sythe hits Kakuzu's case of MONEY!!!!! lol. then Kakuzu will be seriously pissed and actually help Asuma and them out LMAO

Panda
September 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
If Team Kurenai joins the battle I would like to see Shino's bugs eat Hidan inside out.

There is a recent Japanese movie out there called Shinobi known as heart under sword in English. There is an immortal ninja in that film who can't be killed because he has worms inside of his body that heals him. This guy can only be subdued by poison.

Id also be interested to suddenly see Team Baki show up. Gaara, Temari and Kankuro.

kyubisharingan
September 14, 2006, 02:35 PM
I think while Hidan is fighting, Asuma will dodge one of his attacks and the sythe hits Kakuzu's case of MONEY!!!!! lol. then Kakuzu will be seriously pissed and actually help Asuma and them out LMAO

HAHAHA lol. That'd would be prety dam funny

ihearthinata
September 14, 2006, 02:39 PM
man this past issue was great, can't wait for the next..
i see shika having to play a big role in this new issue..
wait.. unless the next issue is going to go back to Naruto's training... grrr

Uchiro
September 14, 2006, 02:45 PM
Hidan, the living VooDoo Doll. Good thing Izumo and Kotetsu stabbed him <i>before</i> he put da VooDoo magik on Asuma. It's not impossible for them to win tho... Hidan was getting hurt too. All they have to do is cut off Asumas head and then deal with Kakuzu! No big deal!

Remus
September 14, 2006, 02:49 PM
Ok erm...Asuma is bout to get a fatal hit but either Izumo or Kotetsu jump in and get killed. Mean while Training with Naruto, again the kyuubi unleashes but yamato was too late and Kakashi gets to witnes sthe 4 tails. Kakashi is trying to distract it so Yamato can return Naruto to normal. He does. Hidan starts to show more of his jutsu...and thats it:D[br]Posted on: September 14, 2006, 02:55:28 PM_________________________________________________But i think that they figure out that if u get hit by his sythe of something u get curse, in a sense.

Now that you mention the Scythe and this curse thing. Do you think the scythe is connected with the inside of his body ? Or does this amulet do something as well ? Well Asuma has to live. All Sarutobis gone would suck also Shika has to make sure not to fail again.

deathshadow25
September 14, 2006, 03:37 PM
this chapter rocked my socks off i seriously thought shikamaru was gonna die when i saw kakazu behind him yeowch

i predict more cool stuff will happen hahaha hehehe hohoho i know i got mad psychic skills [br]Posted on: September 14, 2006, 04:26:47 PM_________________________________________________

this chapter rocked my socks off i seriously thought shikamaru was gonna die when i saw kakazu behind him yeowch

i predict more cool stuff will happen hahaha hehehe hohoho i know i got mad psychic skills

i think that akatsuki member will actually e good laer ala piccolo from DBZ but his is a longterm pediction hehehe[br]Posted on: September 14, 2006, 04:35:42 PM_________________________________________________wow man is that alot of spelling errors or what?! here it is again damn wireless keyboard

i think that an akatsuki member will actually be good ala piccolo from DBZ but this is a longterm prediction

bax
September 14, 2006, 03:41 PM
I predict it is too early to see another team. Maybe in the next two chapters we will. For those who said this is a huge Shougi board, I'm probably agreed.

Well on to my real prediction:

It will be a full fighting chapter like Chapter323
Asuma will have a hell in this fight. Those two other Chuunins are knocked down early. Maybe now we'll see the true strength of Asuma. If Chiriku (the leader of the 12 Guardians) has a big bounty and known to posses the theurgical enlightenment - chapter 314 and whatever that jutsu/skil/power means, then Asuma should had been more powerful than Chiriku.

Then Shikamaru noticed a weakpoint in Hidan's power. But before he could tell it to Hidan, Kakuzu stopped him. Asuma who is now concerned about Shikamaru get slashed... (just imagine the final box at the end of the page)

[Chapter End]

mangadictus
September 14, 2006, 04:03 PM
My prediction:

The battle will continue. Asuma will try to take care of Hidan but then Shikamaru steps in telling him that his Kage Mane will do better against Hidan since their justus has the same likeness. Then Hidan and Shika will engage in battle. Then some glimpse of Naruto's training progress. Maybe he'll make some progress.

grusifix
September 14, 2006, 04:10 PM
My prediction:
Shikamaru finds out that Hidan needs that symbol on the ground to perform his jutsu (Hidan is using thorns from Diablo2)(btw check out ch313/p15.. He took out the two-tails with this jutsu). I believe that Hidan tries to kill Asuma but Shikamaru saves him.

dasphyrr
September 14, 2006, 04:39 PM
Really? The symbol? I'm pretty sure all Hidan needed to tie Asuma into his Jutsu was his blood (remember?).
I'm pretty sure that if they are going to get rid of Hidan, if at all, it would involve Asuma dying.

Elmdorz
September 14, 2006, 04:47 PM
All I know is someone besides Hidan is going to die. Everyone is forgetting Kazuzu is in the back chillin, he could just help out whenever he wants.

grusifix
September 14, 2006, 04:58 PM
dasphyrr.. He needed the blood but he is standing in the symbol when Asuma performs Katon Haisekishon (remember). There could be a way for Asuma to make it alive. Shikamaru remove Hidan from symbol and Asuma takes his place and becomes "pawn to be sacrified".
Did you check that ch313? He is inside the symbol.

spactaa
September 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
My prediction:
This is just the kind of fight shikamaru need...if kazuku doesn't interfere too much.
You know what, all of this is a mind game! Hidan is just playing with the enemy's mind, but he felt on the wrong dude. I think shikamaru need to find the source of hidan's invincibility, and if he manages to anihilate it hidan will kill himself thinking he is still immortal ,that would be damn fun.
If not, kazuku will enter the fight, Asuma (still under the influence of hidan's curse) and the two buddies will just have to fight with kazuku ...to death :| (kazuku won't have a choice, asuma and hidan's life against his own), while shikamaru binding hidan with kagemane will watch asuma fight to the death :|.

Just some crazy thought :).

Defenderx2
September 14, 2006, 05:23 PM
dasphyrr.. He needed the blood but he is standing in the symbol when Asuma performs Katon Haisekishon (remember). There could be a way for Asuma to make it alive. Shikamaru remove Hidan from symbol and Asuma takes his place and becomes "pawn to be sacrified".
Did you check that ch313? He is inside the symbol.

Wow! I didn't notice that until you said it, but it seems as if he activate his jutsu by stepping into the symbol (his skin doesn't turn until he's in it) so maybe you're right, maybe it'd work for whoever steps into it? I remember him saying that it's part of his faith that he performs the ceremony, perhaps the religion IS the symbol, more of a seal that casts some sort of reflect. If they were to alter the symbol somehow it might dispel it. I'd hate for Kishi to use the same idea twice, Kiba has already tried the whole self sacrifice thing and survived, if Asuma didn't do the same he'd look worse than he does now (freaking out during battle, I thought he was cooler than that).
But the prediction - Elemental jutsu of some sort (wind or water) from Izumo or Kotetsu to disrupt the symbol will release the jutsu (why else have them on the team, they have to have some sort of useful jutsu to show this battle, even Hayate had that dance attack), Shikamaru will shadow bind his sensei right before he resorts to killing himself as a last option.

odeon
September 14, 2006, 05:38 PM
that's seems bad for Asuma... for now I can see two outcome possible: 1) Asuma sacrifice himself in order to kill hidan...like cutting hidan head knowing that will kill him...2) like Asuma said ; this time he won't be a sacrificial piece because shikamaru is here so... Shikamaru could come up with a way to beat hidan without getting asuma killed...

ZeroDegrez
September 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
What im suprised with is that Hidan's powers don't seem tied to the Naruto universe like anything else we've seen. Not unless he some how inserted chakra into the body of the person his hits with the sythe he has. (That thing really does look connected to him). Also...what he said about "his attacks are the slowest" make sense now. Because if you assume you kill yourself, he assumes everyone he fights is slower than akatski. So his attacks are yours, and slower than the other akatski...but perhaps he just ment the sythe is slow.

And, I don't think it's as simple as, kill Asuma. If that were the case, then Kazaku would have killed Hidan by now, because when fighting someone you know Kazaku would have been like...woops...I killed the enemy while hidan was still bound to him....woops. Hah. Now to go count my money.

grusifix
September 14, 2006, 05:52 PM
Defenderx2: I went out for a smoke and thought "Kishimoto has already used the suicide strategy". As you said Asuma won't try to kill himself. Something else is needed.

"Now you're dead" says Hidan and staps himself to the heart. "Why aren't you in the circle?" asks Shikamaru. "Troublesome" says Hidan and dies. ;)

Zero: My opinion is that the symbol is crucial part of Hidan's ceremony. But I think that you're correct that killing the target first won't kill Hidan. But manga doesn't say that Hidan can't kill himself.

Sorry I always edit my posts and don't just write new ones

maxhrk
September 14, 2006, 05:57 PM
Defenderx2: I went out for a smoke and thought "Kishimoto has already used the suicide strategy". As you said Asuma won't try to kill himself. Something else is needed.

"Now you're dead" says Hidan and staps himself to the heart. "Why aren't you in the circle?" asks Shikamaru. "Troublesome" says Hidan and dies. ;)

Zero: My opinion is that the symbol is crucial part of Hidan's ceremony.

that would be funny.. 'troublesome' heh.

The Flash
September 14, 2006, 06:01 PM
i see asuma's death

But i think reinforcements will come.. Afterall tsunade... or konoha sent out 80 ninja's.. the new 20th brigade (20*4-men team = 80 ninjas)

ihearthinata
September 14, 2006, 06:06 PM
i see asuma's death

But i think reinforcements will come.. Afterall tsunade... or konoha sent out 80 ninja's.. the new 20th brigade (20*4-men team = 80 ninjas)

i was telling my friend that i don't think Asuma is going to die now.. i think when he is about to get killed.. (far stretch i know) Kurenai comes in and sacrifices herself..

The Flash
September 14, 2006, 06:07 PM
ah i dont think kurenai will come in.. i really doubt it. lol

I just hope the the rest of 76 ninjas come in and help out! (Excluding Asuma's team)

zetsuie
September 14, 2006, 06:51 PM
i think either hidan or kakuzu will explain hidan's jutsu

Panda
September 14, 2006, 07:20 PM
What if Shikamaru makes that circle that Hidan is in out of shadows and tricks Hidan into thinking that hes in the circle while hes not?

Also, why did Hidan only scratch Asuma in the head with this scythe? Was he forced back or did he do it on purpose? Perhaps if he killed Asuma in the first place then he can't do his ritual anymore.

Also what I noticed was that only the right side of Asuma was burnt from his own fire ash jutsu. Notice that when he did his jutsu, only Hidan's left side was sticking out of the circle. Any correlation?

mugen
September 14, 2006, 07:57 PM
Since most of you say Asuma is going to do a self sacrifice jutsu I hope it's not shiki fujin. And I would really prefer Asuma jusyt kicking Hidans ass by himself. Instead of beating him with a strategy by Shikamuru. Correction by Jumping Hidan. You know 4 on 1. That's not fair even if Hidan is a bad guy.Also I still hope to see Asuma summon Enma :blink

panzerzanaku
September 14, 2006, 08:14 PM
i see death for asuma yay unless one the others jumps in and sacrifices themself
but in the end still yay
cuz there will be death of konoha ninjas
yay yay :D

GOOOO Akatsuki

DarkManSharingan32
September 14, 2006, 08:16 PM
What if Shikamaru makes that circle that Hidan is in out of shadows and tricks Hidan into thinking that hes in the circle while hes not?

Also, why did Hidan only scratch Asuma in the head with this scythe? Was he forced back or did he do it on purpose? Perhaps if he killed Asuma in the first place then he can't do his ritual anymore.

Also what I noticed was that only the right side of Asuma was burnt from his own fire ash jutsu. Notice that when he did his jutsu, only Hidan's left side was sticking out of the circle. Any correlation?

The problem, is that Shikamaru can't keep Kakuzu motionless for only a small period of time...
And now that Hidan has transformed, it's possible to think that that level of shadow manipulation will have miniscule to NO effect.
---

You guys...
Hidans power is pretty simple, and has been said before by others around.

Hidan can transfer the exact pain he feels onto his opponent, with the help of that Ritualistic Circle he makes. And since Hidan "can't die"... this makes both HIS and HIS OPPONENTS attacks lethal to the opponent.
---

As for my prediction... i'll keep with my previous thoughts, and affirm that Asuma will die at the culmination of all of this. The thing about this, is that it is SO heavily foreshadowed, that Kishi may take the Gaara route again, and have Asuma narrowly escape alive...

But SOMEONE is going to die from Konoha in the next few chapters... but i would prefer to see what the BETRAYAL is first...
---

midnight789
September 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
Since most of you say Asuma is going to do a self sacrifice jutsu I hope it's not shiki fujin. And I would really prefer Asuma jusyt kicking Hidans ass by himself. Instead of beating him with a strategy by Shikamuru. Correction by Jumping Hidan. You know 4 on 1. That's not fair even if Hidan is a bad guy.Also I still hope to see Asuma summon Enma :blink

I hope we see Asuma summon Enma also, that'd rock. I also think that Asuma and Kakuzu will end up dying. Kakuzu is always telling Hidan to be careful or he will be dead, it'll be funny when he dies xD (plus after seeing this, Hidan has become one of my fav. char, and I don't want him to die). I think Hidan and those 2 other dudes on the A Team (can't remember their names) will be badly hurt. I also agree that next chapter is all fighting.

jerger
September 14, 2006, 11:14 PM
anyone else think that "we got punkd" and not konoaha? i mean... the dialog seems kidish or chees-e on purpose, to trick the enamy. basically... as kids you setup a "lie" to make the opponent fall for it... such as asuma running in and looking hopeless (and not listening to ideas)... and shika still staying back with the ability to create shadows.

to me... they were testing their opponent... and then setting up a plan at the same time. they may have brought out his strongsest move... which they could counter... learn from... then create a final plan.

DesiSkull
September 14, 2006, 11:16 PM
i think shika most likely to come up with a way to defeat hidan after findin out how his jutsu works. to simple put he kills his opponent via killing himself or sacrificing himself. so it will be interesting how they counterattack hidan. but seriously i dont think asuma will die just like that. anyways. they will probably show some of naruto trainning. maybe he makes some progress. i think hidan dies as the end of this fight. and asuma or shika might be seriously injured.

bax
September 15, 2006, 01:54 AM
I just hope the the rest of 76 ninjas come in and help out! (Excluding Asuma's team)

Don't you think that is too many of them just to fight 2 Akatsuki members?

Eventhough Kakuzu is strong and Hidan seems to be immortal right now, there must be someone who can make the job done. Perhaps Gai can do it. But honestly, I see Neji who will defeat Hidan. No matter what jutsu Hidan is using, if Neji can somehow block his Chakra (using Jyuuken - like what he did to Kidomaru and Naruto) , the jutsu will be deactivated and they can now go for the kill...

QMark
September 15, 2006, 04:53 AM
Something caught my attention. On second to the last page(assuming the scanlation isnt wrong) Asuma denies that the appearance of his arm being burnt is part of Hidan's jutsu. This makes me question, is Hidan using some form of Genjutsu mixed with Ninjutsu? Also, as long as he stays in the circle, he can transfer pain. Otherwise he is completey vulnerable to it.

The only hard part is thinking of how he can be killed. I've given quite a bit of time to this solution. It may have something to do with Hidan's Scythe. It seems as long as he gets someone else's blood or DNA, he can include them within transfering pain. Also no one seemed to make the connection of Hidan with the Grim Reaper. Which seems odd since its apparently obvious because of the way Kishi draws him on the last page. In a skeleton like costume.

Another interesting thing is that the triangle within a circle is actually an egyptian heirogylph or symbol. Not exactly sure the meaning, but either Kishi is a fan of egyptian mythology and Osiris as well or he just drew a random half pentagram. Here are also some other interesting facts of a triangle in a circle.

1. The numbers 19.5 and 33 are frequently found in odd circumstances surrounding NASA and unusual features/events such as lunar landings and photography of the Cydonia region (as well as other sites on both Mars and the lunar surface). This also includes derivatives of 33...especially 11 and 22.

2. The Dogon tribe believes Sirius to be the home of their Gods the Nommos. A race of reptilian beings.

3. The Egyptian pyramids (or any such pyramids) are composed of equilateral triangles.

4. In the Great Pyramid is a shaft that points directly at Sirius when it is elevated 19.5 degress above earth's horizon.

5. When the first lunar landing took place, it was 33 minutes before Sirius was at 19.5 degress above the horizon. When it reached precisely that elevation, Armstrong and Aldrige commenced a (admittedly) religious ceremony of wine consumption. This ceremony (if I recall correctly) is of Egyptian religious nature honoring the Egytptian god Osiris (Orion).

6. The original Apollo mission logo did in fact feature the Orion constellation, which seems particularly odd considering Apollo was a lunar expedition.

7. When the "face on mars" photos were taken, Leo (the Sphinx) and Orion (Sirius, the tip of Orion the hunter's sword) were both at 19.5 degrees above the horizon of Mars.

8. The 'Tycho' anomoly on the lunar surface was photographed by the Clementine sattelite when Orion was 19.5 degrees above the lunar surface.

9. The triangle within a circle is an egyptian heiroglyph. Regrettably (very much so) I cannot recall what the symbol represented at this time, nor have I found it yet while searching the web.

10. The points of a equilateral triangle within a circle are at an exact tangent of 19.5 degrees.

Grabbed From This Website after a little investigating: http://www.reptilianagenda.com/hist/h031104a.shtml

jester065
September 15, 2006, 07:14 AM
Sorry i think neji is no where close to Hidan's lvl at all. I think Asuma as a feeling for how strong these guys are and is not playing with his team. Think about it... they pull there plan off perfect and any normal person would have dropped dead from that plan. I don't see any part of this being an act unless they knew about Hidan being immortal befoe hand. Which i don't think they did or they wouldn't have use that plan at all because there are more risks to it than rewards.

As of right now it doesn't look good because we're still not sure how his ritual works. The fact he is just starting isn't good because that just means there more to come. Beside Kakuzu can't seem to kill him and thats not a good sign for them. Even if they manage to kill Hidan, Kakuzu is there all nice and fresh waiting to kill them. Only way i see less than 2 dying here is if Jiraiya was to show up or Gai using some gates on them and almost killing himself. Even Then i think only Jiraiya would be able to take 2 or even hold 2 Akatsuki members back right now without almost dying. I'm sure Kakuzu would step in if any team shows up. I think Shikamaru going to think of a way to pull off a save retreat so they can get to Konoha and regroup or just find a save spot and regroup

CheckMate
September 15, 2006, 07:36 AM
I think Shikamaru going to think of a way to pull off a save retreat so they can get to Konoha and regroup or just find a save spot and regroup

...with team Kakashi.

Oh my.. now i think akatsuki is really, really cool. I mean each of its member has an unique S-class ability. Kishimoto is surely great.
And the fact that Hidan is most likely immortal.. makes me think what do normally the other members think of him?
what did orochimaru and sasori think of him? They both sought for immortality, right?

And so far I agree to the comment/prediction that Hidan would beat Team Asuma, and they will need to retreat.
SHikamaru somehow succeeded to fool them.

kroden
September 15, 2006, 08:15 AM
Here's a thought.
Shikamaru could easily place a round shadow on the circle Hidan drew. This would prevent him from stepping into itand use its ability (whatever that is and assuming he needs to be in the circle to use this ability). It would be quite difficult for Hidan to draw a new cricle while fighting Asuma. The thing is, this idea is far too simple. I assume Shikamaru, being a genius, would think about it. Therefore it can't be that simple. Maybe Hidan needed this cirlce to initiate the ritual and transform into "the grim reaper" (I like this one).

Here's another one.
If dealing damage to Hidan means sustaining damage as well... I'm thinking Kagebunshins. In other words, Shikamaru and the others have to find a way to inflict Hidan serious damage or even kill him through a safe mean... kagebunshins or whatever other mean that fit this requirement. In this situation kuchiyose no jutsu would'nt be of much help (even if I'd love to see Enma again, and by the way : I remember someone talking about Asuma being the last Sarutobi... what about Konohamaru and his supposed family). I don't see Enma sacrifying himself for anyone. Another way would be deadly and painless poison (Qmark mentioned something like that) but no one in Asuma's team has shown such technique (which doesn't mean no one can, however it would feel quite convenient to have either Izumo or Kotetsu having poisoning skills).

Here's not another one...
... because it feels hard to extrapolate Kishimoto sama's thoughts anyfurther.

QMark
September 15, 2006, 08:26 AM
Well what I really figured for Shikamaru to do is to connect his shadow and walk Hidan right out of the circle. Its obvious thats what helps him transfer pain. As someone had mentioned earlier in this thread, notice how only Hidan's right side of the body was in the circle when the flame attack reached him and Asuma's right side only got burnt.

I'm going to go back a few chapters and gather up what I can of Hidan's ability. I think after the Nibi fight, the triangle circle became a full pentagram? Ill have to look it up.

EDIT: After looking at a few past chapters it seems Hidan can capture more than one person at a time in this jutsu. But he definitely has to stay in the circle in order for the pain transfer. As thats where the ritual begins, thats where it must end. I just thought up a little theory. Bare with me on this one. Maybe his immortality comes from completing the rituals themselves. If he even incompletes just one, he may just lose his immortality. That will explain his reasoning for wanting to complete all of them. He says its for his dogma but it seems to contribute to his abilities as well.

bapti
September 15, 2006, 08:43 AM
Here's my prediction for the next 10 chapters or so.

Shikamaru and Asuma will fight with Hidan for another 5 or so chapters which should make up the rest of the volume. It'll look bleaker and bleaker but evenually Shika will discover his achilles heel and they'll kill him. The two other nin fighting with Kazuku are going to be badly beaten and I think one of them will be killed. The other will be sent back to Kohona to gather reinforcements while Shika and Asuma turn their attention on Kazuku.

All the while we'll maybe see snippits of naruto training.

It'll cut back to the nin arriving in Kohona and Naruto getting wind of the dire straights Shika is in. Then comes the use of "That justsu" which I reckon is the Hirashin and Naruto will teleport to the fight in the nick of time to save Asuma and Shika. He'll then unleash this new justu on Kazuku.

I think it'll go down something like this but I still think it's a nice setup for the completed rasengan to be used on the invulnerable Hidan and completely obliterate him. Then for Kazuku to escape to report back on Naruto's new found strength. Though the hokage wanted one of them captured so they could get information about the Ataksuki's plans.

Who knows but that's my 2 cents

QMark
September 15, 2006, 08:51 AM
I noticed the whole time I posted in this chapter I made hardly any direct predictions. My bad.

My prediction for the next chapter:

Hidan will start the 2nd part of the ritual. My guess is that he won't leave the circle. As long as he stays in there, he's in a safezone. There will be a few more references to Shougi pieces and Shikamaru will finally accept what has to be done. Asuma has to be a sacrificial piece in order for this missions success. Of course this will be towards the end of the chapter, and Hidan will announce that he will begin the final part of the ceremony. At the last frame Asuma will say something encouraging, allowing Shikamaru to go forth with what has to be done. Thus we may see Shikamaru cry for the first time real soon.

Vegitto
September 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
You guys don't remember Shikamaru's slogan from the Save Sasuke-arc? "The first attack is a feign. The second attack is the real one."

King
September 15, 2006, 09:01 AM
Here's a thought.
Shikamaru could easily place a round shadow on the circle Hidan drew. This would prevent him from stepping into itand use its ability (whatever that is and assuming he needs to be in the circle to use this ability). It would be quite difficult for Hidan to draw a new cricle while fighting Asuma. The thing is, this idea is far too simple. I assume Shikamaru, being a genius, would think about it. Therefore it can't be that simple. Maybe Hidan needed this cirlce to initiate the ritual and transform into "the grim reaper" (I like this one).

Here's another one.
If dealing damage to Hidan means sustaining damage as well... I'm thinking Kagebunshins. In other words, Shikamaru and the others have to find a way to inflict Hidan serious damage or even kill him through a safe mean... kagebunshins or whatever other mean that fit this requirement. In this situation kuchiyose no jutsu would'nt be of much help (even if I'd love to see Enma again, and by the way : I remember someone talking about Asuma being the last Sarutobi... what about Konohamaru and his supposed family). I don't see Enma sacrifying himself for anyone. Another way would be deadly and painless poison (Qmark mentioned something like that) but no one in Asuma's team has shown such technique (which doesn't mean no one can, however it would feel quite convenient to have either Izumo or Kotetsu having poisoning skills).

Here's not another one...
... because it feels hard to extrapolate Kishimoto sama's thoughts anyfurther.

Even that round shadow around Hidan's circle wouldn't be that simple. Battles are 3-Dimensional, not merely on the flat ground. If you didn't notice, Hidan's battle movements, or what little we've seen of them, were mostly in the air to counteract the simple trick of having a shadow capture someone's feet on the ground, and once you take 3 dimensions into account, the shadow jutsu has to occupy much more volume (whereas before we were dealing with area) to retain the same effectiveness. To prevent Hidan from using the ritual circle, Shikamari's shadow barrier would have to be a round cylinder extending maybe five or so feet into the air, depending on how high shinobi can jump lol.

and I don't think team asuma will kill Hidan. Asuma himself assumes they can't kill Hidan. He says, "I'll soon cut his head off and stop him from moving," which seems to imply that they will capture, i.e. render Hidan immobile, rather than, "I'll soon cut his head off and kill him." Which then implies that Hidan can survive with his head cut off... haha...

segua
September 15, 2006, 09:57 AM
Something caught my attention. On second to the last page(assuming the scanlation isnt wrong) Asuma denies that the appearance of his arm being burnt is part of Hidan's jutsu. This makes me question, is Hidan using some form of Genjutsu mixed with Ninjutsu? Also, as long as he stays in the circle, he can transfer pain. Otherwise he is completey vulnerable to it.

The only hard part is thinking of how he can be killed. I've given quite a bit of time to this solution. It may have something to do with Hidan's Scythe. It seems as long as he gets someone else's blood or DNA, he can include them within transfering pain. Also no one seemed to make the connection of Hidan with the Grim Reaper. Which seems odd since its apparently obvious because of the way Kishi draws him on the last page. In a skeleton like costume.

Another interesting thing is that the triangle within a circle is actually an egyptian heirogylph or symbol. Not exactly sure the meaning, but either Kishi is a fan of egyptian mythology and Osiris as well or he just drew a random half pentagram. Here are also some other interesting facts of a triangle in a circle.

Grabbed From This Website after a little investigating: http://www.reptilianagenda.com/hist/h031104a.shtml

That circle and triangle has meaning if you are familiar with occults and magic. It's used primarily for summoning and controlling demons so that the demon won't kill you. I forgot what the triangle is for but I remember the reason for having those. It's like a space-dimension thing.

Anyway, doesn't Hidan remind you of the grim reaper now? Plan and simple, Hidan is a sadist. He loves to feel pain and he also loves to see others feel pain. He is not immortal if Kakuzu cautioned him. And Asuma won't die because Shikamaru is there.

Don't you think that is too many of them just to fight 2 Akatsuki members?

That many? That's more like a warm up for those two. I mean, one Akatsuki could take over a small nation so what makes you think that many will be too many?

sh0jin
September 15, 2006, 10:12 AM
Most of the fight that Hidan has been in was against one enemy, either the two tail chick or Chiriku and since his jutsu requires the blood of the enemy (one in particular)to perform and that he be in the circle-triangle, it allows him to kill them easily. But we havent seen him is a 4 to 1 match up, thats probably why kazu warned him to not let his guard down.

... Maybe his immortality comes from completing the rituals themselves. If he even incompletes just one, he may just lose his immortality. That will explain his reasoning for wanting to complete all of them. He says its for his dogma but it seems to contribute to his abilities as well.

The trick might be to mess up the ceremony, which gives him temporary immortality. Maybe to sustain the immortality, hidan needs to give an offering as stated above by QMark. This theory i like that most. NOTE: If hidan was just immortal without any weaknesses then that would suck, he could rule over the whole naruto universe but yet he is a follower to the akatsuki leader. Also what about the other followers of his religion? Why are they not a treat to konoha or the rest of the world, this is shows that there is a weakness out there.

What will happen if the symbol was reverse to triangle-circle, Shika could hold Hidan with shadow jutsu and get the others to alter the design and since the jutsu requires a connection with blood between two. Asuma could end up stabbing himself to kill hidan, but what will be the cliff-hanger, whether or not it worked. Remember this will be shika's stratgery not asuma's so the sacrifical pawn thing wont come in to play. Even when asuma said that sacrifices need to be made for advancement, he still lost the chess game. So the cliff hanger will be based on whether asuma's or shika's stratgery right way of thinking.
Maybe at one scene hidan going to end it (kill asuma) and is about to stab himself with the pole thing and Shika will use shadow jutsu later to stop hidan from stabbing himself that, which will be a series of intense captions and frames and then it switches over to naruto's training.

kroden
September 15, 2006, 10:21 AM
Even that round shadow around Hidan's circle wouldn't be that simple. Battles are 3-Dimensional, not merely on the flat ground. If you didn't notice, Hidan's battle movements, or what little we've seen of them, were mostly in the air to counteract the simple trick of having a shadow capture someone's feet on the ground, and once you take 3 dimensions into account, the shadow jutsu has to occupy much more volume (whereas before we were dealing with area) to retain the same effectiveness. To prevent Hidan from using the ritual circle, Shikamari's shadow barrier would have to be a round cylinder extending maybe five or so feet into the air, depending on how high shinobi can jump lol.

:notrust I'm sorry but that's not what I meant. :noworry My bad for not making a point. I meant that Shikamaru could cover the entire circle AND its insides by making a disc of shadow (we know he can stretch them anyway he wants to). My idea was not to trap him just prevent him from going into the circle again. :notrust I did notice 3 dimensions and all.

zetsuie
September 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
i think hidan is using some kinda of genjutsu because hes from the village hidden in the rain and a majority of thier ninja seem to use genjutsu

bax
September 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
That many? That's more like a warm up for those two. I mean, one Akatsuki could take over a small nation so what makes you think that many will be too many?

I'm talking about a more probable figures in a story. Plus, it would be bad if the characters in Naruto just die like that. And, this is Konoha we're talking about, not the Fire Country.

segua
September 15, 2006, 10:45 AM
Well we are talking about Kishimoto and Konoha. I'm sure everyone will somehow end up being alive anyway.

zetsuie
September 15, 2006, 10:49 AM
He is not immortal if Kakuzu cautioned him.

i think kakuzu was joking also i do think its possible to kill hidan but i think thats exactly what hidan wants so he can unleash his ultimate jutsu

boyakist4649
September 15, 2006, 11:26 AM
interesting to see the change of attitude in the normally "cool" Asuma. Most likely a prologue to his death.
Asuma's blood on the Scythe of Hidan must have something to do with his technique. Hidan also mentions that they "attacked the wrong guy first." Perhaps Hidan cannot die unless Kakuzu dies - maybe they are somewhat connected.

Also - if Asuma is Sandaime's son - is Konohamaru Asuma+Kurenai's son?
Would be an interesting twist.

QMark
September 15, 2006, 11:27 AM
There is one thing I'm torn about. Does he actually need the blood of the enemy to inflict pain upon them or does he enjoy the taste? I mean he took out an entire Temple. That would be he had to get each person's blood into his mouth. And its obvious they all died through his jutsu since they all layed on the floor dead in the same way. Or that might just be the ritual.

Anyway, I'm sticking to my theory about Hidan losing his immortality if the Ritual turns out incomplete. He just seems to stern about completing it. Sure he has huge dogma's but that just seems to be the faith part of his religion. This whole thing reminds me of false prophets and evangelists who claim to heal people. It all turns out to be smoke and mirrors and we all know Genjutsu is smoke and mirrors. Though that would explain the appearance parts, it still doesnt explain how he can transfer pain. He might be using something close to Ino's technique in which transfer takes place. IDK, just a thought.

New Church
September 15, 2006, 11:31 AM
i think hidan is using some kinda of genjutsu because hes from the village hidden in the rain and a majority of thier ninja seem to use genjutsu

Actually we don't know what Hidden Village Hidan is from yet, the logo on his forehead protecter hasn't been identified yet.

Anyway, I would like to see Team Kurenai come to the aid of Team Asuma, also Naruto would probably show up as well but it looks like right now Asuma's fate is sealed. Man I hope he can find a way out of this one without having to go towards killing himself but that might just happen.

bax
September 15, 2006, 11:33 AM
I would like to see Team Kurenai come to the aid of Team Asuma, also Naruto would probably show up as well but it looks like right now Asuma's fate is sealed. Man I hope he can find a way out of this one without having to go towards killing himself but that might just happen.

I don't think Kurenai even has a team. See Chapter 319. Why would she just sitting there doing nothing in time of emergency? After all, all the 20 brigades had been ordered to search for Hidan and Kakuzu.. If she is to come, she'll probably coming alone or bringing someone that is not in the 20 Brigades with her or she joins with another brigade

If you asked me, again I will say in the next two chapters is the earliest we'll see another team. I predict Team Asuma will fight for another chapter. perhaps to reveal the power of Hidan..

Amano
September 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
Well by the looks someone has got to die soon otherwise i cant see how to end this fight logically. Akatsuki is unlikely to retreat and so is konoha as asuma said already that they would only get killed if they tried to escape... so but on the other hand i can not see either party dying completly, it just seems to early for us to loss a whole konoha team or 2 akatsuki members at once. So the only logical alternative is that someone is gonna back team asuma up, probably team Gai as someone mentioned already, and that akatsuki is gonna retreat then. sounds like a gay solution, is a gay solution, but well nothing we can do about it

ouhei
September 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
I really don't want Asuma or Shika to die, well any of the Konoha nin. I think, like many others, that another team will come to assist and they will figure out a way to take out Kakuzu.

I also hope we get more of, or the end of Naruto's training.

deathshadow25
September 15, 2006, 01:10 PM
I have another long-term prediction Sakura is gonna go to Kurenai for help with her genjutsu because she still feels inadequate and also kuranai is the best genjutsu user we've seen so far that is in Konoha and will help her. (plus Kurenai is hott)

segua
September 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
There is one thing I'm torn about. Does he actually need the blood of the enemy to inflict pain upon them or does he enjoy the taste? I mean he took out an entire Temple. That would be he had to get each person's blood into his mouth. And its obvious they all died through his jutsu since they all layed on the floor dead in the same way. Or that might just be the ritual.

Anyway, I'm sticking to my theory about Hidan losing his immortality if the Ritual turns out incomplete. He just seems to stern about completing it. Sure he has huge dogma's but that just seems to be the faith part of his religion. This whole thing reminds me of false prophets and evangelists who claim to heal people. It all turns out to be smoke and mirrors and we all know Genjutsu is smoke and mirrors. Though that would explain the appearance parts, it still doesnt explain how he can transfer pain. He might be using something close to Ino's technique in which transfer takes place. IDK, just a thought.

It's like making a blood-pact or something but goes far beyond any normal blood-pact.

Maybe the weakness if Hidans mouth or something inside his mouth.

panzerzanaku
September 15, 2006, 01:18 PM
I really don't want Asuma or Shika to die, well any of the Konoha nin. I think, like many others, that another team will come to assist and they will figure out a way to take out Kakuzu.

I also hope we get more of, or the end of Naruto's training.

......if none of the konoha nins dont die the story is goin to suck ass.

this is a story about ninjas, both sides have to have casualties or this manga wud be the biggest cliche.

we have already seen an akatsuki member die, its now time for some konoha nins to die.

i seriously do not wish to see any more of narutos training, its boring. plus i dont like him he has no talent.
he was just lucky enough to be born with a bigger chakra well than everyone else and also lucky to have the kyuubi sealed inside him.

i want to see real ninjas who have skills and know how.

I have another long-term prediction Sakura is gonna go to Kuranai for help with her genjutsu because she still feels inadequate and also kuranai is the best genjutsu user we've seen so far

i'm sorry kurenai is not the best genjutsu user.
i'm pretty sure tsunade is way better than her and the same for itachi and kabuto also.

aziboxe
September 15, 2006, 01:51 PM
i'm sorry kurenai is not the best genjutsu user.
i'm pretty sure tsunade is way better than her and the same for itachi and kabuto also.

Tsunade doesn't specialize in genjutsu. I don't know about kabuto though. However, Kerenai is defiantly one of the better genjutsu users (whatever you spend your time on... etc.).

Griffin
September 15, 2006, 02:58 PM

Also I kinda doubt that Sakura would be able to go up to Itachi and say "show me how to be a better genjutsu user"

As regards a prediction.

I think they do stop the Hidan. But I think it is too late or I believe that Asuma gets hurt pretty bad and can no longer be a ninja.

That would be the nice way

Alternate.
He Gets Axed.

His team gets saved by two other teams that come and rescue them.

PredatorNar
September 15, 2006, 03:07 PM
I think that the Scythe is what ties them together. Otherwise, why would he have cut Asuma in the cheek with it? Obviously, that was an important point.

My prediction is that since Shikamaru is the man, he will step in with a newly learned shadow jutsu (I kinda wonder why Shikamaru can't do shadow clone since his family seems to be speciailists with Shadow) that subdues Hidan and Kakuzu will be like "Sigh, dumbass" and attempt to step in...

.....BUT AT THE LAST MOMENT KAKUZU IS KICKED IN THE FACE BY TWO FEET AND FLIES INTO A TREE. Then you see Lee and Gai standing synchronized with their sparkling teeth and Neji and Ten-Ten arriving shortly after. I seriously doubt Hidan would ever be able to touch Lee or Gai with his scythe because Lee and Gai are way too fast.

Also, whoever said that Team Gai couldn't take down Hidan and Kakuzu because they had trouble with Kisame's clone is pretty dense. I mean, I seriously think besides the last two members of Akatsuki, Itachi and Kisame are the strongest two man team os Akatsuki. The two remaining member of Akatsuki are the strongest team and Itachi and Kisame are the 2nd strongest team.

I mean c'mon, ITACHI! Do you know how hard it is to kill an ENTIRE CLAN IN ONE NIGHT BY HIMSELF? And the people in this clan have the same powers he has but he's obviously stronger. Plus, he is at a powerful level with his Sharingan. I doubt Kakuzu or Hidan could compete with Itachi's speed or MS. And Kisame is VERY strong when you think about it. Water specialist means a lot. You say how strong water was in the Hidden Mist village arc. I picture Kisame as Zabuza except 100x stronger. Also, I think Kisame's power is related in some way to the 3-tails which would make him even more powerful. And let's not forget his Samehada (Also a link to the 3-tails). Samehada seems like one of the strongest weapons in the Naruto Universe. Besides the fact that only Kisame can wield it, it also must be very heavy to use and it takes down chakra which essientially limits people to only use Taijutsu.

C'mon now. Don't belittle Kisame. Most likely he's on par with Itachi which is why they are paired with each other.

Gigga
September 15, 2006, 03:16 PM
my prediction:

Asuma: <kuchiose no jutsu> Ennma! i need some help!

Ennma: Hmmm. yes, from those burns it looks like that you do :P

Asuma: youve been around Papa enough, have you seen this technique before?

Ennma: yup, its pretty easy to dismantle...<walks over to K>.... <stares him down>...
<picks his ass up and slams him in the ground next to the symbol>

Ennma: see, u dont feel anything right? :D

Asuma: I <3 Ennma =D

Or this:

Asuma: How the hell do i attack when i hurt myself too?

Shikamaru: <closes eyes>....<performs old man thinking seal>

Shikamaru: I have an idea...

Asuma: all for it. :)

Shikamaru: throw your chakra knives through that circle thing! on one the outer rim and the other on the trinagle part!

Asuma: <charges chakra knives to full strength>....<throws>

Kakuzu: <swings sythe to block knives>

Asuma: <knives to through scythe and into circle & triangle successfully>

Kakuzu: <whips out broken scythe and swings for Asuma>

Asuma: <catches scythe bare handed> (uses wind chakra to catch it without a scratch)

Kakuzu: let go dammit!

Asuma: LOL, no.

Shikamaru: <shadow extends to asuma>.... <goes up to kakuzu's neck>

Shikamaru: hope this works... <snaps kakuzu's neck>

PredatorNar
September 15, 2006, 03:24 PM
First, why would Kakuzu be handling Hidan's scythe. Secondly, you think they wouldn't expect Shikamaru's move since they've already seen it?

Also, if Shikamaru could defeat and Akatsuki member so easily, they wouldn't be worth much, now would they?

Wanna know what I wanna see? I wanna see more Tobi! We need to see if he's Obito or not!!!!!

toin7
September 15, 2006, 03:50 PM
The scythe is used to draw blood needed to do the damage transfer jutsu. I see Shikamaru trying to create a battleplan, but in the end, they will win through the help of reinforcements. I'm thinking Gai.

Gigga
September 15, 2006, 04:07 PM
im bad at placing names, and too lazy to edit since im at work. i meant hidan, lol my mistake

someguyudontknow
September 15, 2006, 04:31 PM
Personally i think Asuma is gonna die and maybe just maybe he will take hidan with him. When he said "this time i won't be a worthless pawn" doesn't mean he won't die, it can probably mean that his death won't be for nothing but will help them win against the akatsuki.

PredatorNar
September 15, 2006, 04:51 PM
Obviously, we just send in a ninja with AIDS and make him fight Hidan. When Hidan licks his blood, BAM! Hidan has an STD. Wait a couple of months and THEN we'll see who's laughing, Hidan.[br]Posted on: September 15, 2006, 05:45:47 PM_________________________________________________Also, I hate how fighters have to go in a certain "mode" to do battle. I like fighters like Itachi and Kisame who fight as they are except they have various different jutsus. It's obvious Hidan has to go into THAT mode to do his jutsus which will probably revolve around the same idea.

King
September 15, 2006, 05:10 PM
I mean c'mon, ITACHI! Do you know how hard it is to kill an ENTIRE CLAN IN ONE NIGHT BY HIMSELF?
Night = People sleep lol.
Not that I'm belittling Itachi, he has one of the strongest attack potentials out there, but he weakens quickly, which is why he was probably why he was paired with Kisame, that chakra/stamina beast.
And about Team Gai vs Hidan and Kakuzu... mmm only person who would be any help really is Neji, the rest of the team are all one-trick ponies. And "hard-style" taijutsu is just not going to cut it when stabbing Hidan with two blades doesn't kill him.
And modes... that's not really worth classifying lol. Hidan just started a ceremony, and then he got burnt by Asuma's jutsu and that revealed who he was underneath. And Itachi also has different "modes" of Sharingan, Naruto has Kyuubi mode, Sasuke had cursed seal mode, and so on..

jester065
September 15, 2006, 06:44 PM
I think that the Scythe is what ties them together. Otherwise, why would he have cut Asuma in the cheek with it? Obviously, that was an important point.

My prediction is that since Shikamaru is the man, he will step in with a newly learned shadow jutsu (I kinda wonder why Shikamaru can't do shadow clone since his family seems to be speciailists with Shadow) that subdues Hidan and Kakuzu will be like "Sigh, dumbass" and attempt to step in...

.....BUT AT THE LAST MOMENT KAKUZU IS KICKED IN THE FACE BY TWO FEET AND FLIES INTO A TREE. Then you see Lee and Gai standing synchronized with their sparkling teeth and Neji and Ten-Ten arriving shortly after. I seriously doubt Hidan would ever be able to touch Lee or Gai with his scythe because Lee and Gai are way too fast.

Also, whoever said that Team Gai couldn't take down Hidan and Kakuzu because they had trouble with Kisame's clone is pretty dense. I mean, I seriously think besides the last two members of Akatsuki, Itachi and Kisame are the strongest two man team os Akatsuki. The two remaining member of Akatsuki are the strongest team and Itachi and Kisame are the 2nd strongest team.

I mean c'mon, ITACHI! Do you know how hard it is to kill an ENTIRE CLAN IN ONE NIGHT BY HIMSELF? And the people in this clan have the same powers he has but he's obviously stronger. Plus, he is at a powerful level with his Sharingan. I doubt Kakuzu or Hidan could compete with Itachi's speed or MS. And Kisame is VERY strong when you think about it. Water specialist means a lot. You say how strong water was in the Hidden Mist village arc. I picture Kisame as Zabuza except 100x stronger. Also, I think Kisame's power is related in some way to the 3-tails which would make him even more powerful. And let's not forget his Samehada (Also a link to the 3-tails). Samehada seems like one of the strongest weapons in the Naruto Universe. Besides the fact that only Kisame can wield it, it also must be very heavy to use and it takes down chakra which essientially limits people to only use Taijutsu.

C'mon now. Don't belittle Kisame. Most likely he's on par with Itachi which is why they are paired with each other.

Its kind of uncalled for to call someone dense when you can't even prove that Kisame and Itach are the strongest team at all... All i gotta say are these guys are no push overs simply because there in Akatsuki and akatsuki just doesn't let anyone in there organization. Even tho you want Gai and Lee to be able to take on Hidan by themselves.. i doubt it will happen because why make 20 teams of 4 if 2 people can take on a guy like hidan themselves, it doesn't make since at all. Plus we're not sure what the rest of these guys have done to become missing nin and also look at Kakuzu he killed all his parnter up until now and not sure what rank his parnters were or have been i mean but i'm sure thats hard to do. Killing your entire clan when you are the strongest among them isn't that hard if you ask me simply because not all of them have the sharingan only a so many do. As of right now i don't think any of the 9 rookies can stand up to any Akatsuki member.. atleast until naruto trainning is over.

QMark
September 15, 2006, 08:11 PM
I see this fight as an opportunity to show the strategy part of Akatsuki fighters. So far we have just seen power attacks. Poison needles, Tsukyomi, Samehada. This is the side of Akatsuki that actually has to be beaten by sheer strategy and not power.

llamapie
September 15, 2006, 10:31 PM
Well its hard to say what hidan's stupid jutsu is. I get the idea that yes it is an inversion tech. Hence his skeleton showing and attacks being diverted back to the attacker. We really havent seen what Asuma can do aside from his knives and that fire jutsu. He is the third's son after all he has to have some kind of special technique he can use.

zetsuie
September 15, 2006, 10:59 PM
Actually we don't know what Hidden Village Hidan is from yet, the logo on his forehead protecter hasn't been identified yet.

Anyway, I would like to see Team Kurenai come to the aid of Team Asuma, also Naruto would probably show up as well but it looks like right now Asuma's fate is sealed. Man I hope he can find a way out of this one without having to go towards killing himself but that might just happen.
actually hidan is almost certainly from the village hidden in grass i was wrong about him being from the rain my bad so disregard my previous post also i hope these pics show you why i think hes a missing grass nin [br]Posted on: September 15, 2006, 10:58:27 PM_________________________________________________the symbols are offly similar arent they

hayoula
September 16, 2006, 03:36 AM
Sasuke and Kabuto will show up...It will be a nice three way battle

Koen
September 16, 2006, 04:02 AM
For me not hidan, or asuma will be the key to this fight (asuma isn't a match for hidan). The key will be kakuzu, shika and izumo and Kotetsu. Asuma can only win if shika will get a hold to hidan by controlling his sheadow. But then again that freak kakuzu just stands there watching. Imo, to make an intervention. So, I fear the baddest thing for asuma, kotestu, and izumo. Shika can you come up with a genius plan?

jester065
September 16, 2006, 05:14 AM
you should get a better angle before ya say he is grass

PredatorNar
September 16, 2006, 06:50 AM
1. Maybe all of Itachi's clan were sleeping but I doubt it. I don't think it was that late at night for everyone to be sleeping since Sasuke was still awake training. It probably early night so I doubt many people were sleeping. You say it's easy for him to kill everyone because he's the strongest? Well, first it's still impressive that he, a teenager, has trained himself to be the strongest clan member. Futhermore, even though he's the strongest, it's still pretty damn hard to kill 100+ people without some mass kill technique which I don't think he used. I think he engaged them like 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 and kill them all with his speed and weapon. The point is that killing a whole clan (of ninjas from arguably the strongest clan in Konoha) is pretty friggin hard. Even if he has the Sharingan, it's still hard when multiple people are coming after you because you can't read all their moves at once. He would have to be extra fast.

2. Kisame has quite a few things pointing to him as a very very strong ninja. First, he wields a very big and heavy sword. He is able to move quickly WITH the sword (It's kinda like Lee and his leg braces). Also, since he wields the Samehada and he has his appearance, it's obvious he has some relation to the 3-tails (Especially since it seems no one other than him can use the Samehada). I really think you're gonna respect water users at a whole new level when we see Kisame fight again.

3. I don't think Itachi gets weak that fast. Yea he'll get weak by using the MS over and over but I think he knows how to use it optimally to get the job done. Remember when they were facing Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, and Kurenai? He used it and took down Kakashi (not completely since he didn't need to) in a few seconds with the MS.

4. I didn't say in any way that Gai and Lee can take down Hidan. I merely said I WANT them to join the fight. I feel Gai and Lee are better vs Kakuzu an as I said in the 323 thread, I think Shino and Neji would probably be the best to fight Hidan, because they have techniques that can hurt the opponent's body. Also, Gai and Lee aren't one-trick ponies. They can only use Taijutsu, but they have different taijutsu moves. I'm sure by now they have an alternate super move besides the Lotus.

5. Yea Sasuke, Itachi, Naruto, etc have certain modes but it's not their only fighting mode. Notice I said I don't like when one person only has one "mode" with all his jutsus revolving around one idea. I like diversity in a ninja's tactics.

Shirogitsune
September 16, 2006, 07:07 AM
4. I didn't say in any way that Gai and Lee can take down Hidan. I merely said I WANT them to join the fight. I feel Gai and Lee are better vs Kakuzu an as I said in the 323 thread, I think Shino and Neji would probably be the best to fight Hidan, because they have techniques that can hurt the opponent's body. Also, Gai and Lee aren't one-trick ponies. They can only use Taijutsu, but they have different taijutsu moves. I'm sure by now they have an alternate super move besides the Lotus.

Gai isn't limited to taijutsu though Lee appears to be. I don't remember the exact chapter, but how he finished off the Kisame clone... most definitely not taijutsu. But I agree with you otherwise.

As far as my predictions go, I feel that yes Shikamaru will be the key to winning the battle but before any of that we'll get a taste of what our other pair can do. Besides the giant kunai, it's never been revealed what their skills are exactly. I believe we'll be some of them in the upcoming two chapters along with Asuma in a dire position.

jester065
September 16, 2006, 08:14 AM
I see what your saying but i doubt Gai and Lee can take Kakuzu when we haven't seen much from him at all. AKatsuki are all strong ninjas and i'm sure we goingt o see some other elements that look just as good as water soon enough. I wanna see Earth and lighting user that at kisame lvl for one :p

PredatorNar
September 16, 2006, 08:28 AM
I kinda think Kakuzu is hiding something behind his mask. I think when he finally fights we'll see him take off his mask and show his face.

Also, I believe Hidan will die. Usually when villians show their ultimate jutsu, they die soon after because there wouldn't be any surprises if they lived to fight another time. I think Deidara is an exception because he seems to be very worthwhile to Akatsuki as he seems to be a tactical person so he may be the second to last to finally be killed (with the Akatsuki leader being the last).

Look how Sasori showed off like everything he had and he was killed soon after.

Anyway, I may just be putting too much thought into this :P

jester065
September 16, 2006, 09:22 AM
we haven't seen the his final move yet atleast that we know of... plus he doesn't seem like he would need to use his big move. I think this is jsut how he fights everyone... so i don't think he going to die just yet

King
September 16, 2006, 09:36 AM
we don't know it's his ultimate jutsu though. We don't even know if it's a jutsu at all. For all we know it could be the genuine wrath of God =P. In fact, I think someone pointed out earlier that there were implications that Hidan could only unleash his ultimate jutsu if he "died," that being why he wanted Team Asuma to "kill" him.

Note that not only Deidara but your own Itachi is also an exception, Mangeyou Sharingan *cough*. Also, Gaara when he was a villain... showing his One-Tailed form, he didn't die, did he? And Gaara was far more villainous in his viciousness than any of the Akatsuki =X.

I think you just want Hidan to die lol. But trying to extrapolate a generalization from a single example, Sasori, is overambitious, don't you think? Hidan most likely will die, sometime, somewhere in the plot line, as will most of the Akatsuki, probably. But nothing really points at that moment as being now, especially when one of Asuma's hands is severely damaged - hands being the focus of common Shinobi attacks like jutsu and weapon usage.[br]Posted on: September 16, 2006, 10:32:12 AM_________________________________________________and I do believe the other brigades will show up, otherwise it'd be entirely pointless to portray their existence =X

PredatorNar
September 16, 2006, 12:19 PM
Actually, Gaara or should I say Shukaku never revealed his ultimate attacks. Boss Frog and Naruto woke up Gaara before he could show what his true power was. Itachi, like Sasuke, has a diversity of attacks. Usually the leaf ninjas have a variety of different attacks. Also, we only got a taste of his MS when he briefly used it on Kakashi. It's obvious that there are still things about the MS that wasn't revealed yet. It's a mysteriously bloodline trait indeed. I really think Sharingan in general focuses on manipulating and destroying your opponent's mind.

Also, even if Hidan ultimate jutsu occurs when he dies, he's STILL dying right? And that was my point :P

Yea I actually do want Hidan to just die. I like his personality as a villian but I kinda want to see more of Itachi, Kisame, Kakuzu, and Tobi.

bloodrage
September 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
i think hindan will die aswell, he will go into some speech about how his jutsu works. blah blah blah and shikamaru will figure it out and f him up

Usoppking
September 16, 2006, 02:23 PM
personally i think that Hidan's ultimate Jutsu is when he kills himself and the other person dies instead.

His jutsu seems to be that any damage he takes is reflected upon the person of choice, like Asuma in this situation.

Hemostrat
September 16, 2006, 02:37 PM
Kisame has NOTHING to do with the 3-tails. Anyone who says that he does, didn't you see chapter 317 where they CAPTURED the 3-tails?

PredatorNar
September 16, 2006, 03:00 PM
Just because the 3-tails was captured doesn't mean he doesn't have some sort of relation, Notice how I didn't say he IS the 3-tails. Pay attention.

First off the Samehada is a weapon of the 3-tails if I'm not mistaken just like 8-tails' weapon is the Sword of Kusagni (Or however u spell it). Notice how Kisame is the only one who can wield the Samehada in battle (Gai couldn't use it when he stole it from him). That's enough for me to say that there is some connection with Kisame and the 3-tails. Not to mention they both look like sharks.

Donils
September 16, 2006, 04:09 PM
Not to mention they both look like sharks.

The Sanbi in Naruto looks nothing like a shark. It looks like a giant turtle. Even Tobi says this when he sees it. No connection between the three-tails and Kisame.

someguyudontknow
September 16, 2006, 05:50 PM
Just because the 3-tails was captured doesn't mean he doesn't have some sort of relation, Notice how I didn't say he IS the 3-tails. Pay attention.

First off the Samehada is a weapon of the 3-tails if I'm not mistaken just like 8-tails' weapon is the Sword of Kusagni (Or however u spell it). Notice how Kisame is the only one who can wield the Samehada in battle (Gai couldn't use it when he stole it from him). That's enough for me to say that there is some connection with Kisame and the 3-tails. Not to mention they both look like sharks.

Well Sasuke has a Kusanagi sword too so does that mean Sasuke is connected to the 8 tails?

PredatorNar
September 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
Obvious both Donils and someguyudontknow didn't read that post that explained the background and stuff on each of the 9 tailed beasts. In the background of the 3-tails it explains it's relationship to a shark. I can't find a post right now but I will let you know (to prove you wrong and make you ashamed) when I find it. Also, as I KEEP SAYING THE SAMEHADA IS ORIGINALLY A WEAPON OF THE 3-TAILS!

Also, someguyudontknow, Orochimaru is the person with the Kusanagi sword. Get your crap straight. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Orochimaru is somehow RELATED* to the 8-Tails because 8-tails is a snake and Orochimaru , besides not looking like a regular human, has a certain affliation with snakes.

*Note: Geniuses, when I say RELATED I don't mean they ARE the actual beasts or the containers. RELATED means they have/had some sort of relationship with those beasts and those beasts MAY have something to do with their origins/powers/appearance.

Get your damn facts straight before going against my word. Okay? Thanks.

********************************************************************************************
EDIT
********************************************************************************************

Quote from: http://www.naruto-anime.net/index.php?page=bijuu.html and from another Naruto forum

Three Tails - Sanbi
Isonade

Jinchuuriki: None (Wild)
Tale in the Legend of the Tailed Beasts: Isonade is a shark shaped Bijuu with a sharp horn on the forehead. It lives in the deep waters on the West of Japan, fighting pirates. Every few months, Isonade will swim to the surface of the sea from the deep waters, to breathe some fresh air. However, when he does this, storms erupt, oceans rage, and all ships will be swallowed by him as food. Isonade has a subordinate fish called Samehada (?) (Same name as Kisame's Sword. Depicted differently, but with same pronunciation). Samehada attaches itself to Isonade’s stomach, and absorbs its food to create huge amounts of chakra, proceeding to send it back to its body. Samehada’s power can enable Isonade to get 5 times the quantity of chakra it could originally get. Therefore, when Isonade battles, he will have unlimited chakra to receive from Samehada.
Situation in the Ancient War of the 9 Gods: Battled 4 times; 2 Wins, 1 Loss, 1 Flee
Wins: Kaku, Shukaku
Losses: Nekomata
Escapes: Yamata no Orochi
Fate: A fisherman and brave warrior from Yokohama, called Takuma Muramasa, sacrifices himself in behalf of two villages in a courageous act, getting near Isonade and sealing his personal servant Samehada in the “Tool of Power: Pot of the Shark-named fish” from seal in the Water Shrine. Isonade then becomes unable to draw the massive chakra, and ends up getting exhausted and sucked by the Tool’s seal in the Water Shrine as well.
Japanese Myth Appearance: A big shark/fish (?) with 3 tails and 3 fins. Has a dark blue body color, is attracted by blood (like all sharks); has a personal servant, a small fish named Samehada, as shown above, that is responsible to help Isonade absorb and digest Chakra in 5 times his original capacity.
Ability: Generic water powers, can control the currents of water.
Bijuu Strength Ranking: 6th
Bijuu Chakra/Stamina Ranking: 7th
Symbolic Element: Water (God of Water)
Origin / Discovered in: Four Nanju Country Islands - Yawagawa Sea Area

Looks like I was wrong about the beast using a Samehada. It's servant was named Samehada (My memory was a little discombobulated) and it's servant did like the same thing Kisame's sword does. Oh and it says he's a big shark/fish creature. Either way both it and Kisame resemble fishes. Yea, I think you shouldn't question me. Okay? Thanks

Oh and I wonder why both Kisame and Sanbi just happened to be water users. =\

Ikasu
September 16, 2006, 06:16 PM
BTW...a lot of people have been saying te pain that's inflicted on Hidan is reflected or placed upon asuma. That doesn't seem to be the case. When he says "Let's share some exquisite pain together" it should be obvious that they both shark the pain.

Personally I think hidan has some sort of skeletal form protecting his organs and what not..or it could be something else...and he basically tastes the blood of his oponent within the ritual circle and is bound to that person. So stabbing himself wouldn't be too drastic since he has a skeletal form protecting his organs or he has some unique jutsu for immortal life. I have to admit it's rather interesting but we gotta wait and see what happens till we can figure out this jutsu/technique. I have a feeling Shikamaru will figure it out. But ATM the only way I can see this working is to get Hidan out of that circle and decapitate him.

But who know's...well have to wait and see.

Panda
September 16, 2006, 06:34 PM
To: PredatorNar

pppffttt...

@Ikasu:

When he says "Let's share some exquisite pain together" it should be obvious that they both shark the pain.

a freudian slip might be in his mistake from PredatorNars post.

I thinks that Asumas smoking might save him ironically. Perhaps when Asuma takes a puff, Hidan will start coughing. Then, he ODs on smoking crack cocaine and kills Hidan.

RaZe
September 16, 2006, 07:32 PM
hidan wont die until he faces naruto so we can see immortality vs. endurance/kyuubi healing.

or atleats, thats what i hope for ^^

PredatorNar
September 16, 2006, 08:21 PM
BTW...a lot of people have been saying te pain that's inflicted on Hidan is reflected or placed upon asuma. That doesn't seem to be the case. When he says "Let's share some exquisite pain together" it should be obvious that they both shark the pain.

Personally I think hidan has some sort of skeletal form protecting his organs and what not..or it could be something else...and he basically tastes the blood of his oponent within the ritual circle and is bound to that person. So stabbing himself wouldn't be too drastic since he has a skeletal form protecting his organs or he has some unique jutsu for immortal life. I have to admit it's rather interesting but we gotta wait and see what happens till we can figure out this jutsu/technique. I have a feeling Shikamaru will figure it out. But ATM the only way I can see this working is to get Hidan out of that circle and decapitate him.

But who know's...well have to wait and see.

Well if anyone can figure out, Shikamaru can. He is probably the best Naruto character. What he lacks in strength and talent (although if he wasn't so lazy, I think he could be very strong and skillful), he makes up in high intelligence and leadership skills.

mugen
September 16, 2006, 09:00 PM
like I said I really hope to see Asuma kick Hidan's ass on his own. Instead of jumping him. But I also feel Kakazu is going to join I really Doubt he'll just watch. And if I know Shikamaru he's going to freak out eventually just wait & see. You know he is !! Then We're going to See asuma pull out a kick ass WIND jutsu. Just watch . So yeah they're I mean Genius crybaby is going to make a strategy to beat Hidan & Kakazu. I wanted Asuma though to fight Hidan by himself. And the other 3 to fight Kakazu :mad oh well

King
September 17, 2006, 12:46 AM
Personally it would be perfectly tolerable to me if we skipped all of Hidan and Team Asuma, assumed they killed each other off, and went on to see what jutsu Naruto created.[br]Posted on: September 17, 2006, 01:44:21 AM_________________________________________________oh yea, but maybe seeing a scene of Kakuzu collecting the bounty on Asuma would be worth it, and maybe when the other 19 brigades arrive, seeing Kakuzu start arranging bets on the outcome between Hidan and Team Asuma.

bax
September 17, 2006, 03:59 AM
hidan wont die until he faces naruto so we can see immortality vs. endurance/kyuubi healing.

That is a good idea. But again, it will go against the idea of Naruto to use Kyuubi. However, if that's happens, yes, it will be a battle of endurance. Plus, Sakura will always be on Naruto's side (most probably). Hey... Why I don't recall someone ever mentioned Sakura here... She could have a way with Hidan..

kyubisharingan
September 17, 2006, 07:09 AM

hmmm, well i the legend the samehada belonged to the 3 tails that looked like a shark. I guess Kishimoto made the 3 tails a turtle because kisame already looks like a shark. i do miss kisame though, I like people with BIG swords.

i just get this feeling like everyone else the Asuma is gonna die. to tell u the truth i dont think asuma is strong, even though his bounty is 5 mil more than Chiriku. maybe Hidan is gonna piss Asuma off by telliing him how he killed Chiriki, then the abilities of the monks of the fire temple will be revealed...DUN DUN DUN!!

The Flash
September 17, 2006, 07:13 AM
hmmm, well i the legend the samehada belonged to the 3 tails that looked like a shark. I guess Kishimoto made the 3 tails a turtle because kisame already looks like a shark. i do miss kisame though, I like people with BIG swords.

i just get this feeling like everyone else the Asuma is gonna die. to tell u the truth i dont think asuma is strong, even though his bounty is 5 mil more than Chiriku. maybe Hidan is gonna piss Asuma off by telliing him how he killed Chiriki, then the abilities of the monks of the fire temple will be revealed...DUN DUN DUN!!

hahaha.. ha. ha.. yeah. Kisame is cool and his sword is deadly. Yeah well were getting off topic here. Post about 324 prediction.

Well I like to see naruto's training. A chapter without training was ok.. but the fighting coveres it up. But cool stuff. Cant wait for next chapter

Romek
September 17, 2006, 09:10 AM
Asuma will fight Hidan and just before being killed by him someone will come to rescue him,maybe the other teams.

dimska
September 17, 2006, 10:21 AM
As a mid term prediction, one way Hidan could be defeated is Kakashi's Mangekyou sharingan: if you can't kill it, teleport him to another dimension...
Hell they could meet, Naruto's their objective and kakashi just happens to be there reading adult novels, talk about coïncidence...

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
September 17, 2006, 10:31 AM
That is a good idea. But again, it will go against the idea of Naruto to use Kyuubi.

There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER for Naruto not to use Kyuubi's healing powers. They're basically on by default, because Kyuubi's chakra mixes with Naruto's.

bax
September 17, 2006, 11:10 AM
There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER for Naruto not to use Kyuubi's healing powers. They're basically on by default, because Kyuubi's chakra mixes with Naruto's.

Still, the fact is he uses the Kyuubi (if it's always on, doesn't it mean he's using it - just like electricity is used if you always switch a light).. let me put in math (numbers are for references only)
Naruto Chakra (his Chakra alone) = 100
Kyuubi Chakra (that fused with Naruto's) = 100
Naruto's total Chakra in normal condition = 200 --> He's using Kyuubi although not pure 100% Kyuubi Chakra

Well I like to see naruto's training. A chapter without training was ok.. but the fighting coveres it up. But cool stuff. Cant wait for next chapter

That sound like a cliffhanger.. but a good one.. Naruto will not just escape training with his current state and jump into a fight, not in 2 or 3 chapters ..

someguyudontknow
September 17, 2006, 12:15 PM
Obvious both Donils and someguyudontknow didn't read that post that explained the background and stuff on each of the 9 tailed beasts. In the background of the 3-tails it explains it's relationship to a shark. I can't find a post right now but I will let you know (to prove you wrong and make you ashamed) when I find it. Also, as I KEEP SAYING THE SAMEHADA IS ORIGINALLY A WEAPON OF THE 3-TAILS!

Also, someguyudontknow, Orochimaru is the person with the Kusanagi sword. Get your crap straight. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Orochimaru is somehow RELATED* to the 8-Tails because 8-tails is a snake and Orochimaru , besides not looking like a regular human, has a certain affliation with snakes.

*Note: Geniuses, when I say RELATED I don't mean they ARE the actual beasts or the containers. RELATED means they have/had some sort of relationship with those beasts and those beasts MAY have something to do with their origins/powers/appearance.

Get your damn facts straight before going against my word. Okay? Thanks.

EDIT

Quote from: http://www.naruto-anime.net/index.php?page=bijuu.html and from another Naruto forum

Three Tails - Sanbi
Isonade

Jinchuuriki: None (Wild)
Tale in the Legend of the Tailed Beasts: Isonade is a shark shaped Bijuu with a sharp horn on the forehead. It lives in the deep waters on the West of Japan, fighting pirates. Every few months, Isonade will swim to the surface of the sea from the deep waters, to breathe some fresh air. However, when he does this, storms erupt, oceans rage, and all ships will be swallowed by him as food. Isonade has a subordinate fish called Samehada (?) (Same name as Kisame's Sword. Depicted differently, but with same pronunciation). Samehada attaches itself to Isonade’s stomach, and absorbs its food to create huge amounts of chakra, proceeding to send it back to its body. Samehada’s power can enable Isonade to get 5 times the quantity of chakra it could originally get. Therefore, when Isonade battles, he will have unlimited chakra to receive from Samehada.
Situation in the Ancient War of the 9 Gods: Battled 4 times; 2 Wins, 1 Loss, 1 Flee
Wins: Kaku, Shukaku
Losses: Nekomata
Escapes: Yamata no Orochi
Fate: A fisherman and brave warrior from Yokohama, called Takuma Muramasa, sacrifices himself in behalf of two villages in a courageous act, getting near Isonade and sealing his personal servant Samehada in the “Tool of Power: Pot of the Shark-named fish” from seal in the Water Shrine. Isonade then becomes unable to draw the massive chakra, and ends up getting exhausted and sucked by the Tool’s seal in the Water Shrine as well.
Japanese Myth Appearance: A big shark/fish (?) with 3 tails and 3 fins. Has a dark blue body color, is attracted by blood (like all sharks); has a personal servant, a small fish named Samehada, as shown above, that is responsible to help Isonade absorb and digest Chakra in 5 times his original capacity.
Ability: Generic water powers, can control the currents of water.
Bijuu Strength Ranking: 6th
Bijuu Chakra/Stamina Ranking: 7th
Symbolic Element: Water (God of Water)
Origin / Discovered in: Four Nanju Country Islands - Yawagawa Sea Area

Looks like I was wrong about the beast using a Samehada. It's servant was named Samehada (My memory was a little discombobulated) and it's servant did like the same thing Kisame's sword does. Oh and it says he's a big shark/fish creature. Either way both it and Kisame resemble fishes. Yea, I think you shouldn't question me. Okay? Thanks

Oh and I wonder why both Kisame and Sanbi just happened to be water users. =\

awww well calm down sonny, first off, you said the 8 tails weapon is the Kusanagi sword, well last time i checked Sasuke has a Kusanagi sword and hes not related to the 8 tails. So if he can use the Kusanagi sword why can't Kisame use it without being "related" to the 3 tails? So please don't start attacking anyone unless you have concrete evidence. Obviously you don't bother reading what you wrote, you gave an example of why you believe Kisame is connected to the 3 tails by the weapon he uses, which you tried to back up to how the 8 tails uses the Kusanagi, well Orochimaru has the Kusanagi, he isn't related to the 8 tails(that we know of) the only thing like the 8 tails we know about Oro is that he uses snakes, looks like a snake, but then again anko uses snake jutsus too is she related to the 8 tails? Sasuke doesn't use snake jutsu but he can use the Kusanagi so he must be related to the 8 tails according to your logic right?

Prediction

Asuma will die in 2-3 chapters I don't really care for asuma lol

kunai-knight
September 17, 2006, 12:31 PM
Next chapter is either gonna be pure training or pure fighting. Honestly i dont know which i'd prefer. Pure fighting would be nice - itd be cool to see how this fight concludes - but it doesnt seem like it'd end any time too soon. Probably in time for the holidays lol. However seeing naruto's new jutsu is somethin we're all looking forward too....so...i think i'd be more routing for a training chapter this time than a fighting one.

razor
September 17, 2006, 12:48 PM
Relax guys...let predict what happens.no one is wrong and right here.because we predict and predict.

My Prediction:-
Shikamaru will know Hidan weakness.
Naruto not appear one or two chapters(324-325)
kakuzu will not help hidan since he basically hate hidan from beginning.

RaZe
September 17, 2006, 01:25 PM
That is a good idea. But again, it will go against the idea of Naruto to use Kyuubi. However, if that's happens, yes, it will be a battle of endurance. Plus, Sakura will always be on Naruto's side (most probably). Hey... Why I don't recall someone ever mentioned Sakura here... She could have a way with Hidan..

hmm. doesn't the healing work on normal naruto to? I remember in the early going when he stabbed his hand; and kakashi could see the wound closing...

I dont think he can turn off the healing. (tailed mode healing is probably alot more powerful though).

bax
September 17, 2006, 02:36 PM
Relax guys...let predict what happens.no one is wrong and right here.because we predict and predict.

Yes, and that's why we are here anyway in this prediction thread....
It will be either Neji, Gai or Kurenai to the rescue (or should I say to their own demise?)
The fight will probably continue in the next chapter, but I can see that someone (probably Sakura) heading towards the training ground and inform Yamato and kakashi what is happening or at least tell them that Tsunade has summoned them..

hmm. doesn't the healing work on normal naruto to? I remember in the early going when he stabbed his hand; and kakashi could see the wound closing...

The healing works on normal Naruto. But with the imbedded Kyuubi Chakra inside his. Naruto can't heal just like that by his own...

kunai-knight
September 17, 2006, 02:37 PM
Also i dont think the normal kyuubi healing is what causes him to age more quickly - its probably the tailed version of the accelerated healing. Normal kyuubi healing is like being healed by a medical nin i think.

eyeshild21
September 17, 2006, 03:10 PM
if you remember, naruto completed rasengan when he fought and he was really angry.so naruto wont complete ultimate tecnique till he fight akatsuki.

And I think jiraya will save team asuma.because he is the only one that we still havent seen him.

kunai-knight
September 17, 2006, 03:29 PM
if you remember, naruto completed rasengan when he fought and he was really angry.so naruto wont complete ultimate tecnique till he fight akatsuki.

huh? wtf? since when is that a hard and fast rule mate? :s

Anyway thanks though - brilliant prediction. But i dont think Jaraiya will show its probably Orochimaru that will show up to save the day! Or help make the day worse whichever is his fancy. :tem

But that would be awesome Oro showing up (possibly with sasuke) to help either defeat akatsuki or help squash konoha. And thus that helps oblitherate the need for a whole sasuke retrieval arc - theyd already be near konoha so naruto wouldnt have to travel far :)

bax
September 17, 2006, 03:34 PM
But that would be awesome Oro showing up (possibly with sasuke) to help either defeat akatsuki or help squash konoha. And thus that helps oblitherate the need for a whole sasuke retrieval arc - theyd already be near konoha so naruto wouldnt have to travel far :)

Oi... Akatsuki = enemies of Konoha & Oro, Konoha = enemies of Oro & Akatsuki, Oro = enemies of Konoha & Akatsuki...
Are suggesting a triple threat fight here...?

kunai-knight
September 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well the enemy of my enemy is my friend ~ no idea how that co-relates to that idea but lol its close.

A three way fight would be absolutely brilliant though and i think it might take the marking of the manga to a whole new level.

As Oro both wants Konoha destroyed and see akatsuki getting disposed of - he might side with konoha first - destroy akatsuki then seek to get rid of konoha.

Konoha hating Akatsuki and Oro might team up with Akatsuki to get rid of Oro or simply stay out and try to get them to battle themselves to death and then come in later for the glory kill when they are weakened.

Akatsuki wanting Naruto and their ring back would probably try to get rid of Oro and wouldnt bother soo much about Konoha since to them - Konoha isnt really a threat. And to top it all off i do suppose Oro has a high bounty on his head lol :tem

bax
September 17, 2006, 03:50 PM
A three way fight would be absolutely brilliant though and i think it might take the marking of the manga to a whole new level.

Yup.. but it will rather lame (because the hardship to create a storyline) or a very brilliant (it will bring a great new perspective).

And to top it all off i do suppose Oro has a high bounty on his head lol :tem

This is suddenly remind me of One Piece though

White Rabbit
September 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
I can't see any alliance between two of those three parties any time soon.
The grudges against one another are too deep to be ignored, even if it would only be temporarily.
There has to be a very heavy plot-twist to drive Konoha to join forces with either Akatsuki or Orochimaru,
and Akatsuki and Oro also don't seem to be in very good terms for a pact.

So ...since the majority here(me included) seems to believe that team Asuma can't handle Hidan themselves(let alone Kakuzu)... why don't make a poll about who'll come to save them. *LOL*

I find it a bit odd that they don't seem to have contacted the other teams when they encountered Hidan.
Wasn't it clear from the beginning that one 4-man-team isn't enough to take an Akatsuki-couple on?

mrcongojack
September 17, 2006, 05:19 PM
I, for one, think Asuma's team will win (maybe on their own, but most likely with one of the other teams coming to the rescue). Hidan and Kakuzu appear to me to be the weakest team in Akatsuki.

And why don't they just slice of Hidan's head? Wouldn't matter if he was alive if he had no body. It's not like he'll hop around biting people to death.

White Rabbit
September 17, 2006, 05:30 PM
And why don't they just slice of Hidan's head?

That's what they actally tried in chapter 323, but Hidan seems to be a little to agile for that.
And now that all damage that is inflicted to Hidan seems to also affect Asuma, this plan is even more screwed up.

Blazin_Cha0s
September 17, 2006, 06:41 PM
Asuma please don't die. I loved this chapter a lot of action.

LOL! You guys crack me up. I love this forum.

Anyway, my prediction for next chapter is:

Things look bleak for Asuma, but all of a sudden Asuma gets some healing from a medical nin. (This nin is either Izumo or Kotetsu) Are you surprised? You shouldn't be. Just who is the Hokage? That's right, Tsunade. Who demanded that every, "Four man platoon sent out to battle should have a med-ninja on the team in case of emergency and to increase mission success." Tsunade, then establishes "Ninjyuu Shoutai," 20 teams of four man teams to deal with Akatsuki. In other words, do we still have a fighting chance? You better believe it. Although, I don't know if we will see in the next chapter but we will see it.

As for Naruto, I don't feel like posting my hopes again, but he'll come up with something. Probably, at the end of the chapter after concentrating we'll see a page with him saying something like, " I''ve got it."

zetsuie
September 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
i think the only way to kill hidan will be to make him use up all his chakara so if his immortality is a jutsu then he should be vulnerable to death at that point also i think his immortality jutsu is some kind of blood line limit like kimimaro

kingfencer
September 17, 2006, 08:53 PM
asuma is almost sure that he is going to die, unless the other cronies appear. wait, if hidan is immune to physcial, then his one weakness maybe genjitsu.

Konkun
September 17, 2006, 09:10 PM
Oi... Akatsuki = enemies of Konoha & Oro, Konoha = enemies of Oro & Akatsuki, Oro = enemies of Konoha & Akatsuki...
Are suggesting a triple threat fight here...?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Its possible that Oro will give a hand to Konoha if thats the case, since Akatsuki is larger threat to both Orochimaru and Konaha.

Blazin_Cha0s
September 17, 2006, 10:25 PM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Its possible that Oro will give a hand to Konoha if thats the case, since Akatsuki is larger threat to both Orochimaru and Konaha.

It might happen but remember Oro's body has started to reject him again. And since it has started to reject him I doubt he''ll come out and fight against Akatsuki.

briofreez
September 17, 2006, 11:54 PM
The grudges against one another are too deep to be ignored, even if it would only be temporarily.

this might happen IF team asuma with the help of the 20 platoons could stop Hidan and Kakuzu. that would pave the way for Itachu and Kisame to resume hunting Naruto. Since Sasuke wants Itachi for his own, they might join forces to stop the pair.

My prediction: next chapter will be more about Team asuma's fight with 1 page showing naturo unconscious again from losing control of the kyuubi.

I posted earlier in the discussion thread that Ino and Chouji is not yet good enough to be part of the current Team Asuma. But I think Ino might prove useful. She will take over Kakuzu's body and fight Hidan. Due to Hidan's voodoo jutsu, they can inflict damage to the both of them. Somethin like hitting two birds with one stone.

hermallorn
September 18, 2006, 02:39 AM
I think hidan needs to be in the incantation circle on the ground to use the voodoo jutsu, shika will see that and take him out using shadowbind jutsu, that is if he has enough strength:p

briofreez
September 18, 2006, 02:49 AM
I think hidan needs to be in the incantation circle on the ground to use the voodoo jutsu, shika will see that and take him out using shadowbind jutsu, that is if he has enough strength:p

Great observation. Hidan really is in that triangle/circle formation even after beating Nibi and Chiruku...

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
September 18, 2006, 04:31 AM
But I think Ino might prove useful. She will take over Kakuzu's body and fight Hidan. Due to Hidan's voodoo jutsu, they can inflict damage to the both of them. Somethin like hitting two birds with one stone.

That would NOT be wise. Any attacks on Hidan will hit Asuma too. Hidan is immortal so it doesn't hurt him, but Asuma isn't.

In order for that strategy to work they would need to find a way to prevent Hidan's voodoo from working.

It's a common misconception that any attacks on Hidan will hit back on their attacker. The evidence AGAINST this is the fact that Hidan swallowed some of Asuma's blood to trigger the voodoo techniques. The blood licking thing wouldn't really be necessary if the attacks againts him struck their attacker independently of who the attacker was. The blood licking makes it quite obvious imo that Hidan's body is now linked to Asuma as some kind of living voodoo doll.

bax
September 18, 2006, 04:54 AM
In order for that strategy to work they would need to find a way to prevent Hidan's voodoo from working.

I partially disagree. It's impossible if Hidan is immortal. Well it's your prediction anyway, I don't have anything against it. And look at the last page of Chapter 323. Based on Yoshitsune translation, Hidan said "Let's savor the utmost of pain TOGETHER". It means that, Hidan feels all the pain inflicted on it, it's just that the pain is also felt by Asuma. In short, both of them felt the pain that is inflicted on Hidan.

What I can see now is to trick Hidan to mark more than one victim at once (assuming that the damage inflicted by a person only reflected to that particular person, not all the victim marked). Thus, having many marked ninjas to attack him, if 3 ninja inflict 100 damage each, those 3 will receive 100 damage each compared to Hidan's 300 (again if the assumption above is true).

Ijen
September 18, 2006, 05:13 AM
There has to be a very heavy plot-twist to drive Konoha to join forces with either Akatsuki or Orochimaru,
and Akatsuki and Oro also don't seem to be in very good terms for a pact.

So ...since the majority here(me included) seems to believe that team Asuma can't handle Hidan themselves(let alone Kakuzu)... why don't make a poll about who'll come to save them. *LOL*

I find it a bit odd that they don't seem to have contacted the other teams when they encountered Hidan.
Wasn't it clear from the beginning that one 4-man-team isn't enough to take an Akatsuki-couple on?

Quoted for sense; This man speaks it. I absolutely agree, something's not right here. Asuma's four man cell going straight in against Akatsuki was fool-hardy from the start, no matter what the percieved tactical advantage. I can only imagine that at least a few of the other nineteen teams are on their way.

gian
September 18, 2006, 06:54 AM
I think that someone will heal Hidan -- then he dies.

bax
September 18, 2006, 08:07 AM
I think that someone will heal Hidan -- then he dies.

Heal and then he dies? You mean like reverse effect? Could be, but I think not...

King
September 18, 2006, 08:23 AM
I partially disagree. It's impossible if Hidan is immortal. Well it's your prediction anyway, I don't have anything against it. And look at the last page of Chapter 323. Based on Yoshitsune translation, Hidan said "Let's savor the utmost of pain TOGETHER". It means that, Hidan feels all the pain inflicted on it, it's just that the pain is also felt by Asuma. In short, both of them felt the pain that is inflicted on Hidan.

What I can see now is to trick Hidan to mark more than one victim at once (assuming that the damage inflicted by a person only reflected to that particular person, not all the victim marked). Thus, having many marked ninjas to attack him, if 3 ninja inflict 100 damage each, those 3 will receive 100 damage each compared to Hidan's 300 (again if the assumption above is true).

lol this isn't an RPG here... as much as I love RPGs... and pain isn't the equivalent of damage, pain being only the neural relaying of damage. I can see how Hidan might be able to control one without sustaining the other, especially when those white stripes (possibly nerves) running through his body might have something to do with his technique

Spanishinobi
September 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
Wow, Hidan's skill is like Shikamaru's, but instead of controling the body, he controls the pain. It would be interesting a fight between Hidan and Shikamaru. Hidan can't cause pain because Shikamaru controls his body, but Shikamaru can't hit him cause then he recieves damage too. Surely we would see one of the excellent strategies from Shikamaru, after all, he is supposed to be the brain of the team.
So my prediction is, Asuma gets K.O. and Shikamaru fights against Hidan. Izumo and Kotetsu... i think Kakuzu will beat both of them.

deathshadow25
September 18, 2006, 11:10 AM
Is it me or is it wierd that neon genesis evangelion and naruto are more alike than you would think?

let me elaborate in NGE Shinji's mother sacrificed herself so her spirit would be put into an Eva so later shinji would be able to use it. In Naruto Gaara's mother sacrificed herself so she can give her son the power of a bijuu. It's interesting to think about .

now my prediction is... that my ice cream will melt if i leave it out any longer

Panda
September 18, 2006, 11:22 AM
Im telling you... Asuma's smoking will save him.

He's gonna take a puff, then Hidan will start coughing.

Donils
September 18, 2006, 11:35 AM
Personally it would be perfectly tolerable to me if we skipped all of Hidan and Team Asuma, assumed they killed each other off, and went on to see what jutsu Naruto created.[br]Posted on: September 17, 2006, 01:44:21 AM_________________________________________________oh yea, but maybe seeing a scene of Kakuzu collecting the bounty on Asuma would be worth it, and maybe when the other 19 brigades arrive, seeing Kakuzu start arranging bets on the outcome between Hidan and Team Asuma.

I'm just the opposite. After learning about completing the rasengan, I could now care less about Naruto's new jutsu. It holds no mystery for me. Just let him get into a fight on show off his windrasegan. I think Naruto's training has been what's hurting and slowing down the past few chapters. Recent chapters have gotten poor reviews likely due to the drag of the training. The more they can show of Hidan and Team Asuma and less of Naruto training, the better for the manga. Unless Kakashi is going to explain something interesting like ying and yang chakra.

King
September 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
yea... that's true. usually training sequences are my favorite ala. Matrix, but there does seem to be some excessive training stages in Naruto...

zetsuie
September 18, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'm just the opposite. After learning about completing the rasengan, I could now care less about Naruto's new jutsu. It holds no mystery for me. Just let him get into a fight on show off his windrasegan. I think Naruto's training has been what's hurting and slowing down the past few chapters. Recent chapters have gotten poor reviews likely due to the drag of the training. The more they can show of Hidan and Team Asuma and less of Naruto training, the better for the manga. Unless Kakashi is going to explain something interesting like ying and yang chakra.
ok this technique is supposedly going to make him more powerful than kakashi i think we deserve to see the process of creating that i want to see him create it i would hope most would hope most fans would agree on that

bax
September 18, 2006, 11:57 AM
ok this technique is supposedly going to make him more powerful than kakashi i think we deserve to see the process of creating that i want to see him create it i would hope most would hope most fans would agree on that

Oi... I really second that. This training part is important not just because we get to hear more secrets..
1. Spatial Recomposition and Nature Recomposition
2. The combination of those two
3. Kakashi can do Rasengan

Plus, it is also important for the future... Sasuke's Retrival Arc Part II and also more Oro and Akatsuki fight...
That's why, I predict in the next chapter, there will be at least 2 or 3 pages of Naurto's training...

White Rabbit
September 18, 2006, 01:41 PM
ok this technique is supposedly going to make him more powerful than kakashi

yup... and I'm urgent to see how an upgraded Rasengan will make Naruto more powerful than Kakashi.

exkon
September 18, 2006, 02:06 PM
Asuma states that both Hidan and Kakuzu are stronger than him, I wonder if they'll be able take on Kakuzu IF they manage to finish off Hidan....

I hope Jiriya shows up to bail Asuma and company out of trouble...he always amuses me.

Blazin_Cha0s
September 18, 2006, 02:24 PM

I agree. However, I think Kakashi was also speaking about him gaining a more unlimited potential than him all around if he could complete this technique. Kakashi, is a great ninja, and I think we can all agree about that. But he has a problem and that is his small chakra capacity.

PredatorNar
September 18, 2006, 02:27 PM
First, about the people who talk about Orochimaru showing up. You have to consider this: Why would Orochimaru even be around there? There is really no reason for him to leave from mentoring Sasuke to go help a team. Although, I would love to see Kabuto fight again (I have so much respect for Kabuto just because he is considered to be just as strong as Kakashi, but he's a genin and he acts like he's weak.)

Which reminds me. I would love to see an all out fight between Kakashi and Kabuto. I know some people might not agree, but since it has been said already in the manga that Kabuto is just as strong as Kakashi, I think Kabuto would win because he's very intelligent and his medical ninjutsu might just trump Kakashi. I mean, he was holding his own vs Tsunade, a fellow intelligent medical nin and a sannin. That's VERY impressive. If he can take one Tsunade (I think the reason Tsunade came out on top was because she is a medical nin herself and knows how to heal vs his attacks), then why doesn't he take on Orochimaru or Jiraiya? He probably is very very loyal to Orochimaru or Orochimaru probably knows Kabuto's fighting style and how to defend against it, but I feel Kabuto may be able to take down Jiraiya, just because in addition to his strength and impressive talent, he is also very intelligent just like Shikamaru.

Anyway, was it said that Hidan and Kakuzu were initially headed towards Konoha? If they were then they would be stupid. I mean why would they want to go in a deal with TWO Sannins, the container of the strongest tailed beast, and some of the strongest jounins in the Naruto universe? I don't care which Akatsuki member you are, you're not gonna want to go on foreign turf to deal with Jiraiya, Tsunade, Team Gai, Team Kakashi, Naruto/Kyuubi Power, the Hyuuga clan, etc.

On another point, if some of you didn't realize, in Chapter 323, Shikamaru tried on multiple times to catch Hian again with the shadow hold (You can see the multiple shadows trying to grab Hidan) but Hidan was too quick. Not that Hidan and Asuma are "bonded," it's pretty obvious that Asuma's life will come to an end with him sacrificing himself to kill Hidan. Asuma WILL sacrifice himself, but it's still up in the air if Hidan will survive the sacrifice or not (It would be funny if Asuma used the same Death God Seal technique that his father did, and he started to have memories of his father fighting while he's doing it).

Also, I'm not so sure that Hidan and Kakuzu are the weakest pair. It's safe to say they aren't stronger than Itachi and Kisame, but I feel both are stronger than Deidara. I still think Tobi is Obito so I feel they both are weaker than Tobi. For some reason I think Zetsu is probably the weakest member, but they just use him for his abilities. Either that or Zetsu has some uber savage techniques.

Anyone ever read Harry Potter book 1 and how it explained how someone can drink unicorn blood over and over, and each time they do, they are immortal for an extended period of time, but everytime they drink their have a "half-life" (a cursed life). Well maybe the rituals Hidan performs are his unicorn blood and he has to keep doing them to ensure his life is preserved.

***Oh yea, to someguyudontknow, when you tried to question me in your last post, you made yourself look dumb. Only Kisame can use his Samehada. Gai tried to use it but it went BACK TO KISAME. Also, Orochimaru is the one with the Kusanagi sword (And yes I CAN draw connections with Orochimaru and the 8-tails). Sasuke doesn't use the Kusanagi sword (The Kusanagi sword is INSIDE Orochimaru). Sasuke uses a different katana. Get your facts straight.***

You know, the more I think about it the more I feel Hidan is a one-trick pony. Anyone notice how quickly Hidan went for the ritual thing? Usually those kind of jutsus are the last resort or the ninja would fight and use some minor techniques to fight and if they have to, they'd use that big jutsu. But Hidan went straight for the big jutsu. I wonder if it's the one thing he depends on (Oh and don't compare this to the Sharingan or Byukagen, because Sharingan and Byukagen is way different than this "Grim Reaper" technique).

My prediction with Naruto will be that in completing his Perfect Rasengan, the relationship between Naruto and Yondaime will be confirmed.

Coven
September 18, 2006, 02:51 PM
yup... and I'm urgent to see how an upgraded Rasengan will make Naruto more powerful than Kakashi.

Lol, how funny would it be if Naruto masters this, and Kakashi can somehow copy it with his sharingan. It wont happen, but I think it would be funny if Kakashi used naruto so he could master the resengen...
Genius strikes again!!!

PredatorNar
September 18, 2006, 02:56 PM
I think the reason Kakashi said Naruto will be stronger is because of the general way Naruto is training right now. Everytime he was training his body while using the Kage Bunshin, he got stronger himself and he mastered his element which opens up so many doors for him.

And besides Kakashi has revealed the way for Naruto, and only Naruto, to become stronger fast which means Naruto can probably become destructively strong and become good enough to take on an Akatsuki member on his own.

God, imagine if Kakashi made Naruto train like this when Naruto had those 3 years break of Akatsuki to train with Jiraiya. OMFG, 3 years of training with Kage Bunshin. THAT would have made Naruto surpass Jiraiya.

mageofdeath
September 18, 2006, 03:30 PM
I think the reason Kakashi said Naruto will be stronger is because of the general way Naruto is training right now. Everytime he was training his body while using the Kage Bunshin, he got stronger himself and he mastered his element which opens up so many doors for him.

And besides Kakashi has revealed the way for Naruto, and only Naruto, to become stronger fast which means Naruto can probably become destructively strong and become good enough to take on an Akatsuki member on his own.

God, imagine if Kakashi made Naruto train like this when Naruto had those 3 years break of Akatsuki to train with Jiraiya. OMFG, 3 years of training with Kage Bunshin. THAT would have made Naruto surpass Jiraiya.

yeah but the real question here is, how did the 4th get to be so strong having jiraiya as a teacher, jiraiya did almost nothing with naruto for 2 and a half years, kakashi gets him for a week and all of a sudden he's gonna pwn up akatsuki...
my prediction is that, we wont see at all what happens in the fight just naruto training more, and more about the jutsu, and then its gonna show a teaser of him mastering it, and then switch back to the fight in which asuma will be almost dead...

PredatorNar
September 18, 2006, 03:44 PM
Well Kakashi basically has been around Naruto longer than Jiraiya and he was the first teacher to notice Naruto's excess stamina and Naruto's love for the Kage Bunshin technique, so Kakashi just came up with a good idea. Besides, Jiraiya didn't have Yamato around to control the Kyuubi (which is why Jiraiya has a big scar on his chest now).

You know, I am really interested to seeing Gaara fight now that he doesn't have the power of Shukaku to help him out a bit. I really hope he does more than just stand there having the sand protect him =\

Oh yea, where did it say Jiraiya was the 4th's teacher? I may have missed it but I don't remember reading that but if it's true, I doubt Jiraiya was the reason the 4th got so strong. I think all the strongest ninjas gained strength and skill by training and learning on their own. Senseis can only take ninjas so far. THey have to learn to do things on their own because the Sensei cannot teach a ninja personal style. Once Naruto completes this training, he will be stronger than Kakashi and Kakashi will be obsolete as Naruto's sensei.

bax
September 18, 2006, 03:51 PM
Oh yea, where did it say Jiraiya was the 4th's teacher? I may have missed it but I don't remember reading that but if it's true, I doubt Jiraiya was the reason the 4th got so strong.

:woot You really missed that don't you? I can't remember the exact chapter, but look at the chapters at the start of the Find Tsunade arc before Itachi and Kisame showed up.

I don't think we'll see the Sand involves in this. This will be Konoha's fight alone. Besides it takes 3 days from the Sand to Konoha. And the Akatsuki showed up just like that, so there's no way any nins from the Sand will show up.

PredatorNar
September 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
Well the Sand could just be in the area :P

Maybe they heard about the Akatsuki problem and, as the allies of the Leaf, came to Tsunade to offer their help and Tsunade sent them out. I don't really want to see Temari and Kankurou fight Akatsuki right now because although Temari has a nice wind attack, she isn't much of a fighter and Kankurou is a bad version of Sasori. I just want to see how the loss of Shukaku has changed Gaara's fighting style.

4ghost
September 18, 2006, 04:20 PM
I'm going to predict that Kishimoto will give Kakuzu abilities slightly reminiscent of Colossus that would therefore distinguish him from Tsunade and her monstorous strength. With the change in skin tone Kakuzu could become invulnerable to normal attacks and strengthen his own attacks. That would effectively make him invincible to kunais(I know who isn't), shurikens, and some of the elemental jutsus like Katons, Suitons, and Doutons.

That scenario would set up the need for Shikamaru to somehow figure out how to halt Asuma's current battle, which is truly only leading to Asuma's own demise. The next step would be for Shikamaru to hold down Hidan while Asuma switches focus to Kakuzu to attempt to peirce through his invulnerable skin with his blades that can cut through nearly anything. This would be the desired battle especially since it is Kakuzu who was in search of bounties, selling off Chiriku. The cutting power of wind may be the only thing capable of penetrating Kakuzu's invulnerable body.

ZeroDegrez
September 18, 2006, 05:31 PM
Now...Here is something that interests me. If a puppet can be sustained only with a heart...and no other vitals. Who is to say that a living being can't be sustained as long as 1 vital organ remains intact...or something to that effect.

cerventus
September 18, 2006, 06:59 PM
To Kill hidan you need to totally destroy his body. He is like the T1000 in Naturoverse minus the liquid metal form.

Tsunade will recieved the bird msg from team Asuma and deploy a few more team to assist asuma and co.

While Hidan fights with team asuma, hidan winning and but Shikamaru keep delaying him with kage mane no jutsu, Kakuzu will sit at the sideline to count his money.

Naruto will tell Yamato. He needs to grow two tails to try something new.
Kakashi will advice agaist it...but agree later one...and warns Naruto to not excee 3 tails or he will use Jiraiya's Tampon on subduing the Kyubi on him.

We will see Sai train on his new jutsu with his Sensei.
Sensei " You are more determine. More passionated about improving, what happened"
SAi " Flashback"

dimska
September 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
hmm, now that I think about it, I think that Sai might be the white knight in this battle: hey, he's the strongest of his generation (think about Itachi at his age: he butchered the whole uchiha clan) so he could serve as a rescue/backup with some credibility.
Moreover, Kishimoto wouldn't have created a character such as sai without a purpose, but to accomplish this purpose, Sai must be strong and what better proof of his strength than to battle against the akatsuki?

He's supposed to be at least on Naruto's actual level who can take down an akatsuki (according to oro) but until now he hasn't shown anything impressive.

So my prediction is: let us see how art fares against religious fanatics!! (well I hope art has a better chance in a shounen than in reality...)

PredatorNar
September 18, 2006, 08:21 PM
Hey wouldn't be cool if the secret behind Akatsuki is that all members have a bloodline limit? Itachi obviously with the SHaringan. Kisame with whatever makes him look like a fish (Same with Orochimaru). Deidara with his abilities and the mouth in his hand. Zetsu, heh, need I say more? It's just that I don't know what kind of bloodline limit I'd say for Sasori. Hidan and Kakuzu's past has yet to be revealed so they could have bloodline limit abilities. It would be so nice if that was the secret of Akatsuki. And maybe they weren't appreciated because they had this extraordinary abilities (Like with Haku) but that would be kinda cheesy. Anyway, it's just a theory.

DesiSkull
September 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
predictions:
they gonna do a cliff hanger on asuma group vs hidan fight. this coming up chapter is most likely gonna be about naruto doing trainiing and getting somewhat improvement toward understandin thats he needs to do in order to create a new jutsu. and maybe they turn around the story to something about Ore and Sasuke as well the Akatsuki leader or Itachi. something about doing some planing. they could very well do some briefing on Tobi and other pairs activities.

White Rabbit
September 18, 2006, 10:00 PM
Sasuke doesn't use the Kusanagi sword (The Kusanagi sword is INSIDE Orochimaru).

Then why does he say "This Kusanagi-sword of mine is a little special!" after he sliced through Yamatos Kunai and stabbed him?

He's supposed to be at least on Naruto's actual level who can take down an akatsuki (according to oro)

When did Orochimaru say that Naruto could take down an Akatsuki by himself? I think you're confusing things here.

bloodrage
September 18, 2006, 10:13 PM
saskue says he has a kusangi sword

yeah but the real question here is, how did the 4th get to be so strong having jiraiya as a teacher, jiraiya did almost nothing with naruto for 2 and a half years, kakashi gets him for a week and all of a sudden he's gonna pwn up akatsuki...
my prediction is that, we wont see at all what happens in the fight just naruto training more, and more about the jutsu, and then its gonna show a teaser of him mastering it, and then switch back to the fight in which asuma will be almost dead...

huh are you guys still on that fact, none of you can tell how much naruto has grown since he left to go train with jirayia. he was fighting with kakashi with his sharingan out, that alone should say it all for you .

imm a fan of hindan getting killed, i know he is gonna go into that bad guy speech thing. about how his jutsu works, that is when shikamaru will figure it out, and they will be able to dispose. of him before hindan kills asuma.

sirhcmick
September 18, 2006, 10:31 PM
most likly wrong cause im stupid but what if healing jutsus hurt hidan while hes in skeley form just a thought most likly wrong lol

cerventus
September 18, 2006, 11:35 PM
huh are you guys still on that fact, none of you can tell how much naruto has grown since he left to go train with jirayia. he was fighting with kakashi with his sharingan out, that alone should say it all for you .

Although it was not a real fight but you know Naruto is very resourceful. The kid shown how he can handle dieadera. I think Kishi is putting him under wraps to compare between Sasuke and Naruto.
I dont think Naruto or Sasuke can defeat a hokage level akastuki member yet but they can stay up to them.

IchiNiSan
September 19, 2006, 12:37 AM
After just having read the chapter I predict Shikamaru, will figure these things out. Number one, he needed asuma's blood, the circle is important, all attacks are now directly linked to Asuma.

From reading the chapter I think these are rather safe conclusions to make. Since the circle was prominently shown, the blood licking, and the damage to Asuma. This means shikamaru will or one of the others will have to destroy the circle at the very least if they hope to win. I don't know if its that simple, but I have a feeling a technique that's this powerful must have a pretty big flaw. Just like Naruto's rasengan basically requires the person to be still.

I don't know if just destroying the circle will allow them to break the Jutsu, but if anything will it's probably that. So you have my prediction.

SacredNic
September 19, 2006, 03:57 AM
most likly wrong cause im stupid but what if healing jutsus hurt hidan while hes in skeley form just a thought most likly wrong lol

Yeah, I predicted that as a possible outcome as well.

Well... either that or Asuma kills himself which kills Hidan, as opposed to killing Hidan which kills Asuma (if that makes any sense at all :tem)

kazekage_shinagami
September 19, 2006, 06:26 AM
Kishi has shown us that Asuma is also a very good and fast thinker(throught the shogi games).

And Predict that he will figure out that he needs t kill himself and right when he's about to commit sepuku Shik fill figure it out too

cerventus
September 19, 2006, 09:57 AM
I do hope Asuma dont die.
It makes little sense to keep killing of Sarutobis. Who is next? Konohamaru?

Bandare nose may be seriously injured...and they will retreat since the medic of the team is hurt.

bax
September 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
It makes little sense to keep killing of Sarutobis. Who is next? Konohamaru?

:loool Konohamaru will not show up this time. Aside from being a comic relief, he's just a metaphor of mediocre stupidity (sorry to all Konohamaru fans...)

As many predicted, there will be a backup soon but not before we see Asuma got :pwned by Hidan first....

And a few pages of Naruto's training is disrupted by Sakura, Shizune or other people that Tsunade wants to, calling Kakashi and Yamato to help Asuma...

Donils
September 19, 2006, 10:48 AM
And a few pages of Naruto's training is disrupted by Sakura, Shizune or other people that Tsunade wants to, calling Kakashi and Yamato to help Asuma...

The problem with that is how would Tsunade know that Asuma's team is in trouble? While we have seen Team Asuma use birds to alert the other teams to stake out local bounty stations, we have no indication that they are in contact with Tsunade. And if she did, it would make a lot more sense to send most of the other 20 brigades to help since they are a lot closer. What if Itachi and Kisame decided to pay Naruto a visit just as Kakashi and Yamato left?

The next chapter hopefully makes things a lot clearer. Maybe we'll see the start of a Shikamaru plan that will take down Hidan and get a better idea of who the backup might be(if any).

Dead or Alive
September 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
You guys are over thinking,Asumu won't die at all, Hidan's jutsu is just like those "godmode" in those freaking games with the cheat and all that. That's why he keep saying see the wraith of god or something like that. The way to defeat him is the same way as you defeat those with godmode, simple as that. How do you defeat those with godmode you ask? Simple, just switch off your com.

jerger
September 19, 2006, 11:17 AM
sexy jitsu might work then.... cuz you could distract them.

well... he pretends to be in a cult of god, or a cult of buddhism (a perversion actually). in japanese buddhism, impermanence is a major factor. nothing is permanent, is a good meditation. the buddha would often meditate on death, by watching the rotting courpses after a funeral. look how a beutiful women, turns to dust??

That is the same for the akatsuki, even if they are immortal, nothing is permanent. every immortality trick has a gimmick. it could be his seals/signs, it could be the prayers (lack of praying like shutting him up might stop it), it could be his death weapon, it could be many factors.

if he was truely immortal, why would he be a member of the akatsuki when he wold have eons of time to defeat them all?

Panda
September 19, 2006, 01:00 PM
If you notice Asuma's right arm is burnt from his burning ash jutsu. Hidan's left side was sticking out of the circle while being hit with the ash. Perhaps this is an observation that Shikamaru and the smart audience might want to note.

sirhcmick
September 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
had another stupid idea what if hidans jutsu is temporary because it may take a huge amount of chakra to keep it going and maybe they notice and try to stall for it to wear off?

hotsuma316
September 19, 2006, 02:49 PM
my prediction

ausma = die a most painful death, takes out one akatsuki
shikamaru = escapes but gets his hide bruised
Kotetsu & Izumo = start trek red shirts, you know what happens to star trek red shirts

ITACHIWIFE
September 19, 2006, 02:52 PM
:smile-big I predict the spoilers might be true. and asuma won't die now :Itachi

King
September 19, 2006, 04:07 PM
I predict that Asuma will reveal his third nipple and that will turn into a Sharingan eye which will reveal that Hidan had a good ole time with Kurenai last week and that will turn Asuma into a berserker mode.

ITACHIWIFE
September 19, 2006, 04:22 PM
good one king

Remus
September 19, 2006, 04:57 PM
I predict that Asuma will reveal his third nipple and that will turn into a Sharingan eye which will reveal that Hidan had a good ole time with Kurenai last week and that will turn Asuma into a berserker mode.

Ah well sounds very extra ordinary :P but hey expect the unexpected and I hope Shikamaru shows us something else than Kage Mane and the usual crap. Bring it on Kishi. You cant let your fans down now that they still hold the fillers.

Ah well no one will read this anyway but a try doesnt cost a thing ^^

White Rabbit
September 19, 2006, 05:50 PM
my prediction:

Hidan: PWned You, scum!

Asuma: Sh...

Shikamaru: I'm too weak and there are no damn strategys against immortality.

Naruto: KAZEGAN!

Hidan & Kakuzu: UAAARGH *die instantly*

Izumo & Kotetsu: Naruto-kun saved us... let's make him the next Hokage!

Naruto: NO! I can't become Hokage before I saved Sasuke from the dark side of...

Shikamaru: Dammit, Naruto! Can't you observe the situation before barging in, just once? When you killed that blonde guy, you killed Asuma too!

Naruto: I did observe... and I figured that if I get rid of Asuma, I don't have to pay for the Yakiniku!

And then Sasuke, Itachi, Orochimaru, Jiraya and the Akatsuki leader will jump out of the bushes and start the biggest Polka-festival, the Fire-Country has ever seen.

http://people.freenet.de/PandorasBox/Itachi_confesses.jpg

kyubisharingan
September 19, 2006, 07:40 PM
Ah well sounds very extra ordinary :P but hey expect the unexpected and I hope Shikamaru shows us something else than Kage Mane and the usual crap. Bring it on Kishi. You cant let your fans down now that they still hold the fillers.

Ah well no one will read this anyway but a try doesnt cost a thing ^^

I agree, i hope to see wat the Nara clan can DO!!!!!!

inteplus
September 19, 2006, 09:05 PM
Remember how Shika figured out Tayuya's trick? His analytical skill is pretty much godlike. I predict that this battle is the perfect chance for Shika to shine. See, everyone is curious how Hidan transfers his pain to the enemy. A key clue might be the need to blood-sample the opponent. It makes perfect sense for Shika to be in this battle: to figure out Hidan's trick.

McNerd
September 19, 2006, 10:08 PM
:loool Konohamaru will not show up this time. Aside from being a comic relief, he's just a metaphor of mediocre stupidity (sorry to all Konohamaru fans...)

What, and Naruto isn't? Konohamaru has something to prove the same as Naruto does: that he's a great ninja, not just the Third's kid. For Konohamaru to be a dumb klutz forever would undermine the whole theme of Naruto; if Naruto can overcome his mediocrity, why can't Konohamaru? Besides, we've barely even seen him since he became a ninja. No basis at all to judge his abilities.

I don't think anyone was actually suggesting he'd turn up in this fight, and I doubt it too (although whether Asuma's his father or his uncle, I'm sure he'd love to jump in, but if anyone in Konoha knew where the fight was happening, probably more of Tsunade's teams would be the ones to show). But I definitely think one of these days, Naruto's going to be in trouble, a kunai flies out of nowhere, and the chapter ends with Konohamaru in a cool pose. How cool would it be, and who would see it coming? [br]Posted on: September 19, 2006, 10:46:27 PM_________________________________________________
A key clue might be the need to blood-sample the opponent. It makes perfect sense for Shika to be in this battle: to figure out Hidan's trick.

Who they REALLY need is Sakura, to poison herself, get hit, and then take the antidote after he licks her blood. That'd be awesome.

Panda
September 19, 2006, 10:59 PM
Perhaps we don't need new pieces on the board for Shikamaru to finish this game. The challenge is that people who may have an advantage over Hidan are not there so Shikamaru needs to use everything at hand to hopefully finish with a checkmate or stalemate.

ZeroDegrez
September 20, 2006, 12:17 AM
Perhaps Hidan needs to taste his own blood?

Daisumaru
September 20, 2006, 03:14 AM
I'm not sure if it'll be this chapter or a few chapters later but that circle thing of Hidan's will be a part of his downfall. Shikamaru only has to somehow put his shadow over it and eventually Hidan will set the trap. Also I have to say that Hidan's jutsu is like a more advanced version of the Nara clans shadow manipulation jutsus so if anyone can defeat Hidan it's Shikamaru. True it's slightly different(shika=puppetry, hidan=voodoo) but that the answer would seem to be some form of damage that's not physical. Now remember back to the chuunin exams and our first meeting with Kotetsu and Izumo. If you recall one or both are decent genjutsu users. So unless kishi forgot something, we should see Shikimaru catch Hidan in his own circle at which point Kotetsu and/or Izumo hit the genjutsu work and Asuma runs interference with Kakuzu, and any damage Kakuzu inflicts on Asuma will possibley hit Hidan(we don't know for sure if Hidan's jutsu works in reverse). Just a thought though.

rahmat
September 20, 2006, 03:27 AM
I don't know if anybody seen shinobi, the movie. It's the fact that the immortal guy CAN die because of poison.
And did anyone see the resemblence of Oboro with Sharingan/Byakugan user? And Gennosuke with 4th??

bapti
September 20, 2006, 08:37 AM
That'd be kinda cool if Asuma posioned himself to kill Hidan and then was resuscitated after he died and given the antidote. I guess the link is severed when one of the two die?

laughing@you
September 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
This is going to be a long fight!

My prediction of events is the following:

1) They will fight! (dee dee dee) duh!!!
2) After some cuts and bruises Shikamaru will find Hidan weakness.
3) When Team asuma moves in to finish off Hidan, Kakuzu interferes and kills off the other two members of team asuma, leaving Asuma and shikamaru to fight alone.
4) Sai will be near by to help!! (Remember Sai follows a bingo book, and akatsuki is probably in there even if he doesn't have pictures.
5) Asuma and Hidan will be pretty banged up leaving kakuzu fighting a chakra drained Shikamaru and fully powered Sai.
6) Time for Sai to show off, and fight Kakuzu to a stale mate
7) Shikamaru finishes off Hidan

Of course this will be in a period of 4 chapters

King
September 20, 2006, 09:37 AM
bapti, two posts above <make it four> someone just said, we don't know whether Hidan's jutsu works in reverse. Just because Hidan is somehow manipulating it so that damage taken by his body has a reflection on Asuma's, doesn't mean the other way around is true.. also, all we know about the circle on the ground is that it's used in some way to begin and end the ritual ceremonies of Hidan, it may or may not have any other purpose - just because part of Hidan was in the circle when the pain and damage were shared by Asuma, doesn't mean the circle itself caused it. Mixing correlation with causation here. [br]Posted on: September 20, 2006, 10:30:45 AM_________________________________________________what this makes me wonder actually is what Akatsuki are after, what their intent is with this Lord of Hell thing they summoned with Gaara... Power, they already have enough of... Immortality, Hidan already has, or the semblance of it, and there's no way Orochimaru would have left Akatsuki if he could have gotten his dearest wish through Akatsuki. mmm...

tscombo
September 20, 2006, 10:43 AM
Hidan is not immortal, he just has a fighting jutsu that keep him from taking some types of damage. I'm sure he can die of old age, poison, etc...

hohly
September 20, 2006, 11:01 AM
Hidan and Kakuzu are great adversaries for Ino and Choji, Like Hidan, Ino makes her opponant do things they wouldn't do and Kakuzu seems on the physical side like Choji. Maybe been left behind, those two would had follewed their Sensei...

Deerkiller
September 20, 2006, 11:06 AM
I believe they are looking for the ultimate power. Sure, all of them are extremely strong S class ninja's, but they probably could not take on the world by themselves. I think Ouru left because he hated not being the strongest one. He also cant handle taking orders so he probably left to persue his own immortality among other things.

VeNoM87
September 20, 2006, 11:17 AM
lmao at White Rabbit ^^.
My prediction will be that Naruto needs more info about wind stuff, and tries to find Asuma in Konoha, untill he gets the word from Tsunade that he is hunting down akatsuki bastards. She will tell him where they are supposed to be heading, and Naruto finds out that they are in a terrible situation (with his clone). The akatsuki ppl notice Naruto but don't know that it's his clone, and start chasing after him, whilst Asuma/shikamaru are able to escape or get things straight.
Or naruto's clone sees that Asuma etc are in a very bad shape, or asuma is killed, and you see his clone crying in pain because he's being engulfed by kyuubi's chakra (which i doubt will happen)

bax
September 20, 2006, 11:29 AM
My prediction will be that Naruto needs more info about wind stuff, and tries to find Asuma in Konoha, untill he gets the word from Tsunade that he is hunting down akatsuki bastards. She will tell him where they are supposed to be heading, and Naruto finds out that they are in a terrible situation (with his clone).

That'll be the way why Naruto knows Asuma is fighting the Akatsuki. But, I doubt that Tsunade knows that Asuma is at that bounty station. I think he'll discover himself. LOL. Naruto will go on rampage when he sees that red-clouded black getup.

bloodrage
September 20, 2006, 01:01 PM
lmao at White Rabbit ^^.
My prediction will be that Naruto needs more info about wind stuff, and tries to find Asuma in Konoha, untill he gets the word from Tsunade that he is hunting down akatsuki bastards. She will tell him where they are supposed to be heading, and Naruto finds out that they are in a terrible situation (with his clone). The akatsuki ppl notice Naruto but don't know that it's his clone, and start chasing after him, whilst Asuma/shikamaru are able to escape or get things straight.
Or naruto's clone sees that Asuma etc are in a very bad shape, or asuma is killed, and you see his clone crying in pain because he's being engulfed by kyuubi's chakra (which i doubt will happen)
not a bad idea but i don't think hindan or kazkuz can take on a 4 tail naruto. not with what i have see so far ,so all they have to do is stand back so till he is finished, then use the jutsu and bring him out of it.

cerventus
September 20, 2006, 07:23 PM
I think one of the Aktsutki members is like Kenpachi of bleach. Unable to hurt him because of the chakra concentration.

SacredNic
September 20, 2006, 11:12 PM
I predict that Asumas team wont do anything as they'll catch on to what just happened and decide to leave Hidan alone.

So then Hidan will yell out something of a taunt and threat, before making his move.

He gets a kunai, or his sythe, or even a big spear, and will stab himself, causing Asuma to cry out in pain.

And that's about all we'll see of that fight for now. :tem

The rest of the chapter will be based on either Naruto, someone else entirely within Konoha, or perhaps even a discussion between Itachi and Kisame about Hidan and Kukazu.

bax
September 20, 2006, 11:52 PM
I think one of the Aktsutki members is like Kenpachi of bleach. Unable to hurt him because of the chakra concentration.

I don't view high Chakra concentration will make you invincible. And Chakra concentration doesn't mean you have big Chakra pool either. Perhaps the quality of the jutsu performed is way better than anyone elese. As far as my prediction goes and if the spoilers are right, I'm half correct about the next chapter.

Anyway, rejoice. RAW day is coming very very soon.

Panda
September 21, 2006, 02:17 AM
Not soon enough however... Its 3:17AM and im checking RAW... I'm horrible.

Torofoo
September 21, 2006, 03:38 AM
raw's out, thx to the touch :)

inteplus
September 21, 2006, 03:57 AM
Why does Hidan hit his leg when Asuma approaches him? Wouldn't it be easier to just let Asuma get close and hit him, and in return, transfer back all the pain? It seems Hidan does not want anyone to get close to his circle.

koolaideprived
September 21, 2006, 04:20 AM
Best part of this chapter is that Asuma has a %$@#ing chakra sword.

rennokun
September 21, 2006, 04:21 AM
seems like shikamaru figure our the secret behind hidan technique need tralation grrrrrr. hidan technique is simply tranfering damage to his oponent he's using some kind of sumoning jutsu to do that

Wunderchu
September 21, 2006, 06:15 AM
Why does Hidan hit his leg when Asuma approaches him? Wouldn't it be easier to just let Asuma get close and hit him, and in return, transfer back all the pain? It seems Hidan does not want anyone to get close to his circle.
if I understand your statement correctly, you're asking why didn't Hidan just let Asuma hit Hidan with the wind chakra blade.. which would then result in Asuma getting hurt..... this is ok, but then Asuma may do something that kills Hidan. For example, maybe chopping off Hidans head will kill Hidan. If Asuma chops off Hidan's head, Asuma will die.. but then Hidan may die as well...... I think Hidan wants to live. ........ that point you make about not wanting anyone near his circle may be correct, too :)

zetsuie
September 21, 2006, 07:49 AM
that was a boring chapter

bax
September 21, 2006, 07:58 AM
that was a boring chapter

Yup, somewhat. I thought it will be a great fighting chapter but only talks... the only attack comes from Hidan..

Remus
September 21, 2006, 08:09 AM
This chapter was a real disappointment.

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 08:12 AM
I would probably deck kishi if I had him in front of me!!!!.....HOW THE HELL CAN HE LEAVE THE CHAPTER HANGING!!!?????

damn it!!!!!

bax
September 21, 2006, 08:15 AM
This chapter was a real disappointment.

You said it. At least, we get to see Shikamaru using his thinking ability fast... Konoha was right to make him the earliest person to become a Chuunin in Part I

I would probably deck kishi if I had him in front of me!!!!.....HOW THE HELL CAN HE LEAVE THE CHAPTER HANGING!!!?????

Well, if you view it as a future compilation in a volume, it's isn't so bad, but yet it's true it's disapointing

rennokun
September 21, 2006, 08:17 AM
shikamaru its really cool

Koike88
September 21, 2006, 08:58 AM
Well, since Hidan's ceremony is based on Voodoo, I already predicted that he HAD to be removed from the circle.
Do you know WHY he has a long-range weapon? That's because he only can attack from within that circle.
That long-range weapon of his' is to prevent the enemy from reaching Hidan and force him out of the circle.
Do you honestly think that's the only reason why Kakuzu and Hidan are such a good match?

bax
September 21, 2006, 09:00 AM
Well, since Hidan's ceremony is based on Voodoo, I already predicted that he HAD to be removed from the circle.
Do you know WHY he has a long-range weapon? That's because he only can attack from within that circle.

The idea is good. Judging from Hidan's face in Chapter 324, he seems panicked when Asuma charged towards him. I don't know what will happened if he's outside the ring. Ooo... Maybe, like he said, when he does his voodoo thing, he feels pleasure.. Maybe he feels pain too if he's outside the ring...

MasterOdin
September 21, 2006, 09:04 AM
A little disappointing in that more didn't happen, but the chapter is supposed to highlight Shika's abilities. Nice to know that they called in some backup too. It will be interesting to see what Shika thought up next chapter, but wouldn't it be a killer in the next chapter focused on Naruto's training instead! (We'll know once the preview for the next chapter has been translated.)

sorrizo
September 21, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cant u see that Hidan's justu acts just like a big Voodo doll?!
Even the stick his using to stab himself its like the little toothpick being used with a voodo dall...

something else i have noticed is that Hidan is getting Hurt just from one side, maybe the other side of his body is vulnerable (the left side- the side still covered with clothes).
notice that the scyth Hidan use is being held by the left hand, also for protection purposes in my opinion (protect his vulnerable side).
all that means that Hidan is NOT IMMORTAL!

bax
September 21, 2006, 09:17 AM
something else i have noticed is that Hidan is getting Hurt just from one side, maybe the other side of his body is vulnerable (the left side- the side still covered with clothes).

Huhuhu... Then Shika must get undress so Hidan follows him undressing as well.... Just kidding. He must has a weakness someway. Like Shika said, a loophole somewhere

Of course he's not. If he's immortal, he should be a god. In a point of view, Asuma said he's immortal because he still doesn't know how to counter Hidan's jutsu. That's all. I bet when Shika showed Asuma Hidan's weakness, then he'll say "So you're not immortal after all"

Sephy7KillerMech
September 21, 2006, 09:20 AM
Have to be to work soon so i skipped reading the other posts.

I just had to say that my love for Shikamaru deepens! He's definitly one of my very favorite characters. I don't really think they will beat them, i think they will be winning until Kakuzu steps in and things get difficult again. I think it's funny how it is basicly going from team Asuma to Team Shikamaru, everyone is looking to Shikamaru to get them through this battle, I'm loving this chapter!

mangadictus
September 21, 2006, 09:21 AM
Oh God... Kishi left me dangling again. I was right about Hidan's jutsu. Kudos again to Shika for his quick thinking. Hope we get to see Kotetsu and Izumo in action, a couple of jutsus form them, maybe? *wishful thinking*

siegfried
September 21, 2006, 09:21 AM
Cant u see that Hidan's justu acts just like a big Voodo doll?!
Even the stick his using to stab himself its like the little toothpick being used with a voodo dall...

notice that the scyth Hidan use is being held by the left hand, also for protection purposes in my opinion (protect his vulnerable side).

he stabbed his left leg.so your point is wrong.

I think Shikamaru will make hidan drink his own blood to counter the jutsu and then he will release his shadow jutsu so that Hidan will continue stabing himself in heart and die.(if that is possible)

White Rabbit
September 21, 2006, 09:39 AM
I'm also very pleased, that they seem to have already called for backup, before they attacked Hidan. But 10 minutes can be a very long time, if you're fighting for your life.

Shikamaru really rocked this chapter... shouting "I won't let you", when did we get to see him so heated up? And his analysis-ability seems also to have gotten better.

I hope there's something more to Hidan than doing his ritual inside of the circle... you can't tell me that, by this large amount of monks in the fire-temple, no one was able to push him out of that circle.

I wonder about this whole Janshin-religion anyway... do all members of this cult carry the same ability? On one hand, this ritual seems to be a part of the religion, so it seems plausible... but on the other hand: wouldn't a cult with such fearsome abilities and such a weird dogma be a threat to every country and shinobi-village in the Narutoverse?
I hope we'll get a little more background on this in the future.

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 10:07 AM
I wonder about this whole Janshin-religion anyway... do all members of this cult carry the same ability? On one hand, this ritual seems to be a part of the religion, so it seems plausible... but on the other hand: wouldn't a cult with such fearsome abilities and such a weird dogma be a threat to every country and shinobi-village in the Narutoverse?
I hope we'll get a little more background on this in the future.

It would if there were more than one! Probably is a religion of one! Or he is the last one!

Nonetheless, kishi will sure share some light on hidan's past. He has done it with almost every villain in the narutoverse.

There still a lot of information missing about his technique. Probably shikamaru figured it out or then again maybe not!

I'm wondering what jutsu's can Asuma do?? Did anybody noticed that asuma turned his knuckleblades into swords?... How cool is that?

Two things into consideration:

1) Almost every inmortal can be killed by removing their heads. Hidan reacted when he saw Asuma's swords and charging at him. Probably thats the weakness! (Perhaps)

or

2) If Hidan needs to be in the circle, pushing and attacking him out of the circle will strip him of his inmortality. Almost every powerfull jutsu has weaknesses or downside. I'm pretty sure that this so called inmortality has it gaps. Remember in every fight we've seing (actually the ending of every fight we've seing) from Hidan he is stabbed thru the chest and in that circle. And he is praying like somehow finishing the jutsu before leaving the circle. So probably pushing him out of the circle has some plausibility on this theory. Analizing hidan's weapon gives away his strategy to. A long freaky (and cool at the same time) axe with a rope or chain so he can perform range attacks on a certain limited radius. In order for him to keep his enemy at a distance enabling Hidan to maintain his position in the circle.

Again this is just a theory, we will find more about it in the next chapter and whether Shikamaru realized the same thing or not..

Cherum
September 21, 2006, 10:40 AM
you know what, it would be real fun to see hidan fighting naruto.
just imagine:
hidan stabs himself -> naruto heals over and over again
naruto going tail mode -> hidan shares the pain

they could fight weeks, but I dont think that this fight will continue for long, because we saw that shika was thinking and hes supposed to be an uber strategist..

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 10:43 AM
you know what, it would be real fun to see hidan fighting naruto.
just imagine:
hidan stabs himself -> naruto heals over and over again
naruto going tail mode -> hidan shares the pain

they could fight weeks :D

Not really! Naruto healing ability has being proven to have limits. Eventhough is still amazing but limited! Naruto would probably die! Unless kiuby pulls out something different!!

GeninX
September 21, 2006, 10:53 AM
Forget Hidan.
I want to see Kakazu.
In my opinion, Kakazu is MUCH STRNONGER than Hidan.
Just read the conversation between the both of them.

Remus
September 21, 2006, 10:57 AM
Forget Hidan.
I want to see Kakazu.
In my opinion, Kakazu is MUCH STRNONGER than Hidan.
Just read the conversation between the both of them.

I think that too. The weakpoint of Hidan will revealed next chapter than they will rip Hidan apart. He has killed so many people already its time to fade away. Kakuzu will make some damage and might get his ass kicked by reinforcements.

zetsuie
September 21, 2006, 11:00 AM
It would if there were more than one! Probably is a religion of one! Or he is the last one!

Nonetheless, kishi will sure share some light on hidan's past. He has done it with almost every villain in the narutoverse.

There still a lot of information missing about his technique. Probably shikamaru figured it out or then again maybe not!

I'm wondering what jutsu's can Asuma do?? Did anybody noticed that asuma turned his knuckleblades into swords?... How cool is that?

Two things into consideration:

1) Almost every inmortal can be killed by removing their heads. Hidan reacted when he saw Asuma's swords and charging at him. Probably thats the weakness! (Perhaps)

or

2) If Hidan needs to be in the circle, pushing and attacking him out of the circle will strip him of his inmortality. Almost every powerfull jutsu has weaknesses or downside. I'm pretty sure that this so called inmortality has it gaps. Remember in every fight we've seing (actually the ending of every fight we've seing) from Hidan he is stabbed thru the chest and in that circle. And he is praying like somehow finishing the jutsu before leaving the circle. So probably pushing him out of the circle has some plausibility on this theory. Analizing hidan's weapon gives away his strategy to. A long freaky (and cool at the same time) axe with a rope or chain so he can perform range attacks on a certain limited radius. In order for him to keep his enemy at a distance enabling Hidan to maintain his position in the circle.

Again this is just a theory, we will find more about it in the next chapter and whether Shikamaru realized the same thing or not..

the axe is called a scythe like the death scythe gundam from gundam wing[br]Posted on: September 21, 2006, 10:59:34 AM_________________________________________________hidan seems kinda weak

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 11:19 AM
the axe is called a scythe like the death scythe gundam from gundam wing[br]Posted on: September 21, 2006, 10:59:34 AM_________________________________________________hidan seems kinda weak

Yeah so weak he can't be killed!!....My only wish is to one day be as weak he is!

Yeap!!! His pathetic!!

Rooks
September 21, 2006, 11:20 AM
Did anyone else notice that when Shiki's shadow "breaks" the circle, that apparently the bond between Asuma and Hidan is broken?

When Hidan lightly pierced his chest (and drew blood, which you could see dropping down on the ground), Asuma didn't appear to be affected.... or at least Kishi didn't give us any Panels of him rubbing his chest or anything like that. And the picture he drew clearly showed that the circle WAS Broken by Shiki's shadow jutsu.

In the big collage where Shikimaru is thinking of a weakness, you can see in the bottom right corner Hidan drawing the circle with his foot.... Seems like you don't need to remove him from the circle, you can just BREAK the circle which dispels the jutsu until the circle is rejoined.

I think Kishi can go a lot of places with this.. Dang him for cliffhanging it, but i like the fact that he has a few different routes which will keep us guessing (at least, in my opinion.)

Also at this point, I think Asuma is going to live and Hidan has 'served his purpose.' Time for him to bite the dust.

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 11:37 AM
Did anyone else notice that when Shiki's shadow "breaks" the circle, that apparently the bond between Asuma and Hidan is broken?

When Hidan lightly pierced his chest (and drew blood, which you could see dropping down on the ground), Asuma didn't appear to be affected.... or at least Kishi didn't give us any Panels of him rubbing his chest or anything like that. And the picture he drew clearly showed that the circle WAS Broken by Shiki's shadow jutsu.

In the big collage where Shikimaru is thinking of a weakness, you can see in the bottom right corner Hidan drawing the circle with his foot.... Seems like you don't need to remove him from the circle, you can just BREAK the circle which dispels the jutsu until the circle is rejoined.

I think Kishi can go a lot of places with this.. Dang him for cliffhanging it, but i like the fact that he has a few different routes which will keep us guessing (at least, in my opinion.)

Also at this point, I think Asuma is going to live and Hidan has 'served his purpose.' Time for him to bite the dust.

Nah that blood is from his previous wound made to his leg! That only showed that Hidan was really close to kill asuma and if by any chance shikamaru lets go his leader will die!

Drama...drama and more drama!!!

mangadictus
September 21, 2006, 11:37 AM

Well said Rooks. I think Shika will move his feet so that Hidan will also move his feet in coordination with Shikas. Then that would alter the composition of the circle, thus might break the jutsu. :)

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 11:43 AM
Well said Rooks. I think Shika will move his feet so that Hidan will also move his feet in coordination with Shikas. Then that would alter the composition of the circle, thus might break the jutsu. :)

Negative!! Shika is not using kage mane! His using the shadow technique to choke the enemy to barely hold Hidan. Shikamaru is not controlling his movement as the first time he got him! Example see the shadow hand on top of hidan's right arm holding the spear!

Shikamaru can't move hidan his just stopped his movement!

xi0
September 21, 2006, 11:46 AM
Rooks may be on to something here. Asuma doesn't show any feelings of pain when the Kage Shibari barely stops the spike from piercing deep into his chest. It is just a scratch in the relative sense, but we should also notice that once the Kage Shibari breaks the outer ring of his symbol, Asuma isn't apparently affected by the binding effect of the justsu either, only Hidan is affected.

However, this does seem like a simple solution to defeating Hidan doesn't it? One would expect more from an Akatsuki member.

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 11:56 AM
Rooks may be on to something here. Asuma doesn't show any feelings of pain when the Kage Shibari barely stops the spike from piercing deep into his chest. It is just a scratch in the relative sense, but we should also notice that once the Kage Shibari breaks the outer ring of his symbol, Asuma isn't apparently affected by the binding effect of the justsu either, only Hidan is affected.

However, this does seem like a simple solution to defeating Hidan doesn't it? One would expect more from an Akatsuki member.

His inmortal he can't be all powerfull!

And besides for some reason Kakuzu keeps reminding Hidan to be carefull or he will die!

So probably the trick to hidan can be simple but hard to get!

mrwhos
September 21, 2006, 12:04 PM
lol as i though Asuma used his Wind chakra to make a sword *cough* star wars *cough*

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 12:21 PM
lol as i though Asuma used his Wind chakra to make a sword *cough* star wars *cough*

Yeah and if Hidan's inmortality ends by cutting off his head, *cough* Highlander *cough*...LOL

bax
September 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
And besides for some reason Kakuzu keeps reminding Hidan to be carefull or he will die!

That's the point. There's no such thing as immortality. Even in Naruto. Immortal = God. Yes, his jutsu gives him advantages in battles, but it doesn't means he can be defeated. If not, he's the one who should become the Akatsuki leader. And all strong jutsus, must have a very terrible weakness. It makes sense, the higher the risk the higher the return.

laughing@you
September 21, 2006, 01:28 PM
That's the point. There's no such thing as immortality. Even in Naruto. Immortal = God. Yes, his jutsu gives him advantages in battles, but it doesn't means he can be defeated. If not, he's the one who should become the Akatsuki leader. And all strong jutsus, must have a very terrible weakness. It makes sense, the higher the risk the higher the return.

Thank you......at last some sense!!! Its exactly what I was thinking!!!

kyubisharingan
September 21, 2006, 02:07 PM
CAn anyone say, CHAKRA-SABER!!!!!!! lol. This chapter was pretty good, but not as exciting as i expected[br]Posted on: September 21, 2006, 03:06:26 PM_________________________________________________Well atleast we know know that Asuma's blood is wat makes him get damage when hidan hurts himself

siegfried
September 21, 2006, 04:26 PM

if every strong jutsu has a weekness then tell me, what is the weekness of Edo Tensei.

if Hidan's jutsu has a stupid weekness then I will be very disappointed.I have looked at the chapter 313 again and Hidan managed to kill a jinchuuriki with that jutsu so there must be more than what we have seen so far.What is bugging me is how did hidan managed to take a blood sample from that jinchuuriki to start the ceremony? that two tail seems like doesnt even possess a body.

Gamma Knife
September 21, 2006, 04:28 PM
The solution is simple. While Hidan is being held by Shikamaru, Kotetsu and Izumo well just have to do Soap Suds no Jutsu combined with a water element attack (Super Soaker no Jutsu) and wash away the circle.

kyubisharingan
September 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
The solution is simple. While Hidan is being held by Shikamaru, Kotetsu and Izumo well just have to do Soap Suds no Jutsu combined with a water element attack (Super Soaker no Jutsu) and wash away the circle.

...so they should just mess up the circle...?

midnight789
September 21, 2006, 05:14 PM
if every strong jutsu has a weekness then tell me, what is the weekness of Edo Tensei.

Well it does require sacrifices...

As for Hidan's jutsu, I agree with everyone on there being a weakness, but what that weakness is I'm not too sure about yet. Also for everyone saying Hidan is weak, are you insane? The only reason the A Team hasn't been completely and utterly ravaged is because Shikamaru happens to have a technique that can suitably hold him back, and we're not sure how long at that. Asuma's about an inch away from dying as it is, so Shikamaru's plan better be good (which it will of course).

flareofdragon
September 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
I really liked the part where Shika shouts I won't let you. That part was touching.

Hmm, and I for one do not like how shika thinks or how Kishi shows how Shika thinks.

ScythedBlade
September 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
What I think that's going to kill Hidan is not the team ... I mean I can only think of ONE thing that can kill Hidan: Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan. Hold + Warp Torso out = pwnt ... its viable that he will show up as backup. After all ... Kakashi DID leave Naruto alone ... so what does that mean? Being sometimes as obvious (I mean ... he makes things relatively recent ... White Fang? That was made up right there in the ninja gaiden arc and used right after but NEVER hinted or mentioned before .... the Fire Temple? Never used before until it just recently got abused with Asuma ... so with stuff usually so blatanly obvious (i mean in Bleach ... everything got planned out in the beginning ... who knew ichigo's dad was a shinigami ... or that he never called kon ichigo because he knew ...) eveyrthing was there from the beginning .... but with Naruto ... you can expect some blatant hints)

kunai-knight
September 21, 2006, 06:40 PM
Brilliant chapter. I applaud man i applaud. BTW i LOVED the way kishi showed how shika thinks...brilliant stuff man. Naruto manga is really stepping up several notches. The cliffhanger is killing me though....grrrr

But i'm glad i finally got a prediction right! there'd be a Shika-Hidan-Asuma tug-o-war thing going on! :amuse

THETRUTH.com
September 21, 2006, 06:59 PM
if Hidan's jutsu has a stupid weekness then I will be very disappointed.I have looked at the chapter 313 again and Hidan managed to kill a jinchuuriki with that jutsu so there must be more than what we have seen so far.What is bugging me is how did hidan managed to take a blood sample from that jinchuuriki to start the ceremony? that two tail seems like doesnt even possess a body.

We dont know how that fight went down. The jinchuuriki was at a disadvantage, as Deidara later stated, because she let he bijuu take over. The bijuu doesnt do much thinking which is the complete opposite of fighting Shika.

Izumo seems to be pretty smart himself, he was just a second behind Shika telling he which one of his jutsus to use. Impressive

kunai-knight
September 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
We dont know how that fight went down. The jinchuuriki was at a disadvantage, as Deidara later stated, because she let he bijuu take over. The bijuu doesnt do much thinking which is the complete opposite of fighting Shika.

Izumo seems to be pretty smart himself, he was just a second behind Shika telling he which one of his jutsus to use. Impressive

good point. i didnt pick that up. he does seem to have rather smart intellectual abilities yea. Shikamaru is still miles cooler though :)

pikasato
September 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
I think...
Hidan is in DANGER now...

Toad Sage
September 21, 2006, 11:14 PM
I don't think Hidan is going to be killed by Asuma's team. I think the significance of Asuma being in the fight was foreshadowed by revealing earlier that he is a wind user. I claim Hidan shall have his head cut off by Asuma, but not die (or something along the lines of crippling his battle ability). Once Hidan is disabled, Kakuza will get in the fray, for I can't think of another reason he's not involved now. I think Shikamaru's role is going to be to undo Hidan's jutsu by recalling the exact details of its performance, then get knocked out by Kakuza.

I also think these last two chapters have been excellent. Thank god there is no Naruto splitting a waterfall. It took an entire summer to see him fight water... sigh. I only wish we could see Naruto be as awesome as Shikamaru was in this chapter. It's a shame to see all the good stuff go to side characters, whilst the main character blunders around getting his arse kicked.

Whatever happens, here's to hoping it ends before Christmas.