PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 55 (ch533-541) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

KaNx
February 13, 2009, 07:27 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46341) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Chapter can be foundHERE (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/533)!!!

Predict and Discuss it over here ;)

narutoschkraknives
February 17, 2009, 09:28 PM
oops i didnt know we werent suppose to put spoilers here.Is it ok if i put spoiler tags around them
[Chief] LEVEL4 room before
Guards "Chief Magellan!'ve Gathered all forces and commanders except Bull SARUDESU Gori!"
Magellan, "the hat off."
Guards "!!····· is crawling!" Pass the paper to the jailer's, another big one of the guards
HANNYABARU "OO hat off! Situation."
Domino "quiet."
"·······" HANNYABARU face IJIKE

"····· Our guards over! "
Sadi "I (heart) soon I (Heart)"
We walk over to open the door guarded by a large crowd
HANNYABARU "Wow U"
Guards "combat ready! Orders!"
Magellan "This is a battle in front of them to proceed no further!
Neither捕RAERO fighting chance! ! The guys catch up to the front too! ! !
Always send them to the scaffold in the name of the prison INPERUDAUN! ! "
The guards "UOOOOO!"
HANNYABARU "I have one one."
Domino, "Deputy Chief"

[Starvation] Hell level3
盆暮RE "I have ANTARA! As ANTARA! With us to be hot?"
Buggy "or BOKEEEE go!!! LEVEL3 it's this hot!?
I INEE ERA Homet not know anything! ! "
mr3 "GANE it! I GANE We're not coming to see them貴様!"
盆暮RE "that's silly! Nye the monster now that he brought this one to the other you have the U!"
Buggy, "and that EE! Hwa hwa, will be a similar monster, too!"
盆暮RE "Lee I wait that you are not the worst word of the day before saying it's OKAMA 1 AAA Cora!"
Kick to take the buggy盆暮RE
盆暮RE the fight and I'm in the buggy mr3 stop
Luffy "Ah! U meat!"
Buggy "the monster's shit!"盆暮RE "Stop EII properties TEME SHINE!!" Mr3 "Mr2 out of character"
Luffy "Hey Buggy!"
Buggy, "and that E! Straw flatters you is silence!"
Luffy "I lost something you!"
Buggy "Oh!" Notice something buggy
Buggy "Hey Oh OOO! Dropped it?"
Luffy "under" the direction of the point is the sea of fire Luffy
Buggy "GYAAAAAAA! Hwa hwa hwa TOREJAMAKU is !!!!"
"Lieutenant General MOMONGA" Take seven seas "if in the back hall bore Hancock!"
They come back to the ship at sea

MOMONGA "other requests Hancock is not what is."
Hancock, "Yes."
MOMONGA "Now we are moving we have Hey Kimi follow! MARIJOA me to connect!"
Marine "crawling!"

[Holy Land] MARIJOA
Electrical conductivity insects "Lulu rrroom"
SENGOKU "?"
Marine "Are you in the hall Se Se SENGOKU!? It now"
MOMONGA "code 00600 Marine lieutenant general, respectively MOMONGA"
SENGOKU "O" Empress "or if you were working in the call?"
MOMONGA "Yeah a bit of a bore to accept a delay Hancock"
SENGOKU "I came here and was sent to know what hat off."
MOMONGA "crawl" off insects transmitted power
SENGOKU "It took us a little time and we also揃TTA"
Take each of the seven seas and I'm sitting in the chair

[Previous] INPERUDAUN large prison
MOMONGA "towards MARIJOA now."
Hancock "·········"
"······· MOMONGA get a boat! "
Move the ship MOMONGA
Hancock "······· Luffy "

[Starvation] Hell level3
Buggy "my treasure" face BAGIGESSORI
Luffy "I'm falling CHIMATTA SHOUGANEE"
盆暮RE "itch! Times I thought if I make a tool or even lethal."
Buggy "hwa hwa, may be related NEE! TEMEE bad about it!
KONAKERYA TOREJAMAKU me a kick up the TEMEE TOREJAMAKU "
mr3 "you buggy!? GANE I do!" will head down more and more buggy
Hey Buggy "···!? Luffy! Are you okay?? But I'm in a hurry. "
Buggy "buggy LEVEL4 diving TOREJAMAKU !!!!!"
Luffy &盆暮RE & mr3 "What !!!!!!?" IIII
Luffy "buggy"
盆暮RE "I'm afraid her wheat."
mr3 "We are stronger than grief."
Luffy "He's stupid!" Luffy also getting a hearty laugh
Well "······盆暮RE "
mr3 "I know what is the GANE" mr3 slipped and fell at the feet slightly soluble
Luffy "Hey!"
mr3 "GYAAAAA!"
盆暮RE "Wow - this is no hypocrisy here USOUDAWA wheat or her!"
Luffy "I do" on it pointing to盆暮RE

Luffy "by! Or this?"
盆暮RE "I'm connected somewhere Tuck it in. Maybe it here!
It is impossible to LEVEL4 down! ! Not so easy! ! Then you grow barley Nightly her! ! ? "
Luffy "Well said!" Luffy reach. Extended to big fan
Luffy "gadfly Wow!"
盆暮RE "or imitation or bee or ICHI i! I just do not go!"掴MARU to盆暮RE Luffy

"E UU pain"
Buggy "Oh you !!?····· hwa hwa was ?···· OO !!!!!
AYAPPARIKONO KURERUTA treasure down here and I treasure
GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! I like to get the fate "" Dogan! ! "
mr3 "GANE GANE OO was buggy safely melt your pain Well I say"
Buggy "mr3!! How you fell!? That's a good guy hwa, ETTE Homet guy!"
mr3 "What more GANE Yes."
Buggy "Yeah it! I have to do it!"

By burning marl LEVEL4]
"Wow !!!!"" AAAA KAMAAAAAA !!!!"" Boom! "
盆暮RE room and come down to Luffy
Luffy "ENA SUっlook! ENA SUっlook! E to do once more!"
盆暮RE "her wheat! You've got to hurry!"
Luffy "Oh look! I?" People come from behind
Luffy "YABEE!"盆暮RE "as TONZURA!" "Wait!"
Luffy "Bonn ITAJAN enemy puck her!"
盆暮RE "Unfortunately ney! Truly sorry" for solo Gale Chin "!!!"" no fish! "Hit the enemy
盆暮RE "want to do is crawl crawl crawl! Apologize to her wheat! And I beat it in one way!"
Luffy "Bonn her! Standing there" "I ETTSUTTENDARO and E to keep the enemy's pain."
盆暮RE "farmer stand still!"
Luffy "She just dropped Bonn! Do from my native land!"
"So to" get behind the Luffy tried to attack the enemy
"I feel the fight is not"
盆暮RE "an unidentified man!? The habit and the habit of ANTA !!?·········· gosh!"
Rim, "as it were I'm at copyboy INPERUDAUN clean" (clean rim DITTI INPERUDAUN prison at large)
Luffy "chore!"盆暮RE "ZATTSU YOU ♪ ""·········"

盆暮RE "hypocrisy indeed! Here then."
Rim "is behind the LEVEL4 Oh! Is the opposite of you were probably"
Luffy "I!行KITEE I'm on Level! I goin to do!"
盆暮RE "hot as a servant! I like Cho!"
"" Invaders "and" escapee "or help? Start Ha ha ha ha"
Luffy "ask!"
I "········ rim cleaning here for years and I
LEVEL4 a little trash to be sucked with enthusiasm to the
Here is a kind of hell and heaven I cleaned I-E
"
Luffy is much土下座盆暮RE I see that twinkle in
Rim "······· if I could escape from jail along with me! "Luffy &盆暮RE" Yeah! "

End

im thinking fake.

bittman
February 17, 2009, 09:43 PM
...what the hell is that? There's no remote feeling of structure or plot development in that entire spoiler. It seems like a lot of effort, but little understanding, was put into that.

Also is this a trans of what is in the spoiler thread? That it was posted with a guy with 1 post to his name makes automatically (and majorly) suspicious.

Wowzers
February 17, 2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah, that just doesn't feel right. I've seen better babylfish translations than that. The raw didn't really look right either. likely fake.

Mmod
February 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
The last one posted on spoilers thread seems to be true.

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1229864&postcount=2

wing_gundam
February 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
"the Chief "that" I'm attracted to you! ! ? ,
Yeah, yeah Ha ha ha! ! I just got great penetration, but Oh
That's stupid to褒MEN enemies!"

whatever that is from the spoiler posted.... just gross sounding...

deprince69
February 17, 2009, 10:23 PM
i don't know what was that n by the way why is the guy who is posting for the first time has spoilers??? is it relaible???

MadWalker
February 17, 2009, 10:40 PM
is he using a google translator?

pcxxy
February 17, 2009, 10:46 PM
google translator says...

'i got a great penetration'... i don't know what that's supposed to mean...

Mmod
February 17, 2009, 10:56 PM
is he using a google translator?

Yes, he is...

camil222
February 17, 2009, 11:03 PM
what kind of piece of shit is that? i didnt understand a thing. but i did hear the name of sengoku so im cool with that.

moonster x
February 17, 2009, 11:28 PM
is that a translation... i barely understand that :darn
i just can understand hancock is goin to marijoa and the talk between momonga and sengoku...

cheaptrick
February 17, 2009, 11:36 PM
bah i also think its fake.. not only the guy who posted it has only 1 post but the summary itself doesn't reveal anything new and it seems too short to cover a 18 page chapter.
anyway basically magellan wonders why luffy doesn't appear to be in level 3 and what hapenned to Minotauros (but luffy is still in level 3 lol)the jailers in the monitor room reply that it has been defeated, showing the image of the unconscious minotaur , sadi-chan and hannyabal are surprised by that; magellan confirms that all the war potential has assembled in level 4 and says that the jailbreakers must not leave impel down alive no matter what. in the meantime luffy buggy mr3 and mr2 are still on level 3; mr3 and buggy don't want to go down so luffy says (once more) his thanks to them and prepare to leave with bon clay (according to one of bon clay's comments there are only men in impel down, with the sole exception of a woman (of course he's referring to his dragqueen:-)).
Then on the level 5's monitor room: the dialog is more or less like this: "make sure they don't reach here!" "of course! other than the warden even "those" have assembled on level 4 !!?(the other 3 demon guards perhaps?)" "that's right ahahah but just the fact they managed to intrude here is surprising!" "idiot don't praise the enemy!...ehi what's that?!" "ah?" "in the right upper monitor! that cell is open!"

fistsofrage
February 17, 2009, 11:45 PM
looks like they met a guy who knows impel down inside and out and is willing to help them...being on cleaning duty in impel down must be a bitch for him to want to escape lol.

bittman
February 18, 2009, 12:03 AM
From my reading of the better translation: Nothing happened in this entire chapter. It's got to be fake or missing a large part of the chapter.

cheaptrick
February 18, 2009, 12:03 AM
@fistofrage
where did you read that? well the title says "prisoner A0742" and it must refer to the prisoner escaped from the open cell at level 5 but the summary doesn't say anything about him other than his cell was open (assuming the summary we got is not fake, it's still incomplete)

chitgoks
February 18, 2009, 01:45 AM
go luffy! go!
go mr 2! go!

Croy
February 18, 2009, 02:33 AM
Real spoiler just showed up. Kaidou and Shanks appears. Mr 1 also appears and the chapter ends with Luffy and Magellan facing each other.

predsfan
February 18, 2009, 02:42 AM
If the latest spoiler is true, then this arc has become even more epic. First, we finally have all of the Shichibukai revealed, and now Kaidou vs. Shanks! I can't wait to see what he looks like. Hopefully pics will surface soon.

Admiral Aokiji
February 18, 2009, 02:47 AM
kaidou u dog! i dont want it this epic damn it
i just want whitebeard vs shibukai and admirals, and throw the sh's in there somewhere. My heart wont take be able to take it at this rate.
but i love it :p

Croy
February 18, 2009, 02:58 AM
If it wasn't obvious before this, I think we can conclude Oda wants the world of One Piece to be truly in a state of chaos after this conflict is over. Nothing will be the same and thus everything really will be a new adventure in the new world. So lets see here... Whitebeard probably dieing/losing everything, Marines probably becoming gimped from Whitebeards attack, Kaidou and Shanks at war with each other and thus renewed animosity amongst the Yonkou where before it seemed like they rarely talked with one another. And than there is eventual new territories that will open up ready to be conquered by the current Yonkou and rookies/silver medalists alike.

The current events are fairly epic, but whats more epic is the thought of just where everything will end up after this arc is over, truly something to salivate over :)

bittman
February 18, 2009, 03:22 AM
Oh.

Oh!

OH!

THIS SPOILER IS THE BEST SPOILER OF THE LAST THREE MONTHS! And I thought seeing BON-CHAN! would be the best for ages, suddenly Yonkou OUT OF NOWHERE!

Yeah, now I remember why Impel Down arc might possibly take a year. I expect Whitebeard's attack to be not quite near enough to the end to make it "the next arc". And though some predicted Shanks turning up, no-one said he'd turn up to face off against Kaidou, Hahaha.

So this is good, now at least I won't get ten comments a week saying how they think Shanks will turn up with Whitebeard. Now if we can just confirm Dragon is a thousand million miles away I'll be in a blissful little world knowing nothing can ruin this.

EDIT: Pictures are nothing special. Mr 1 still looks like a Punk.

Aizen Sama
February 18, 2009, 03:34 AM
kaidou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chitgoks
February 18, 2009, 03:38 AM
so.. probably kaidou attacks whitebeard to stop him from going over to the marines... and shanks intercepts him?? like shanks wants whitebeard to continue his mission?

Moroboshi
February 18, 2009, 03:51 AM
so.. probably kaidou attacks whitebeard to stop him from going over to the marines... and shanks intercepts him?? like shanks wants whitebeard to continue his mission?

No, I think Kaidu is merely taking advantage of the war to usurp WB position. WB is the man near the one piece and he is the strongest man in the world (and I think the strongest Yonku), so if someone want to take his place, this is a very good chance. Shanks on the other hand knew that if WB fall, the WG gained the upper hand and it will be only a question of time before the marines attack the other Yonku. We must also remember that Shanks want Ace save, so even if he doesn't go directly in battle (I think WB will never accept interferences, even in his favor), he can help this way.

jemoen
February 18, 2009, 03:54 AM
woah...
what a chapter this is building up to be

luffy vs ID's strongest
ace drawing nearer

mr 1 shown

kaidou trying to get whitebeard then shanks stopping him

woah..

"epic"
is the word i think haha

Moroboshi
February 18, 2009, 04:02 AM
What kind of monster is the 3 beast of hell? Now we know we have the koala, the rhino, but the third one? Maybe a zebra?

Edit: yes it's confirmed, it is a zebra

LoS
February 18, 2009, 04:10 AM
Well if this spoiler holds up there are going to be a ton of people who need to eat some Crow.

All the people who said another one of the Yonkou would not try and harm WB or move on his territory in this state, well it serves you right. Like I said then and like I am saying now, they are PIRATES.

Ustegius
February 18, 2009, 04:20 AM
Hell yeah, once again 'epic' is the only word to describe One Piece.

Magellan is going to be one hell of an opppnent, espcially if he is a logia. Just a random thought; maybe Crocodiles knowledge of poisons will help Luffy with Magellan? Croc did use poison after all.

monkey D luffy
February 18, 2009, 04:32 AM
this is EPIC!
lol at the demon guards all of them are just like little snotty kids. i didnt want oda to use the same characteristics on all of the demon guards (snotty and goofy) but hey we saw how strong and fast minotaur was maybe those are even stronger...
from weve been told in the past i assumed kaidou would be more honorable and not opprotunist but what can you do? at least he scared the shit out of the marines when shanks came to stop him, the marines are screwed: luffy wrecking havok in impel down, shanks is skirimishing with kaidou and they dont even know when whitebeard is gonna strike!.
i wonder why oda showed us das bones

Moroboshi
February 18, 2009, 04:46 AM
this is EPIC!
i wonder why oda showed us das bones

I think this is the only predictable thing Oda has made. We all (at least me) were expecting Mr 1, after we saw Mr 3, Mr 2 and Crocodile himself. Another one that can be handy in this situation.

LoS
February 18, 2009, 04:48 AM
I had totally forgotten but this chapter Script reminded me. What is Luffy going to do in the next 24+ hours?

He is on level 4 incredibly close to his brother. Would it take more than one day to get past all the guards on level 4 (somehow), then free Ace from his cage on level 5, and then make it back up 5 levels?

Lord Rayleigh
February 18, 2009, 05:00 AM
I don't understand how a Yonkou can make such a huge strategic error ?

I mean, if Kaidou want to take WB'seat, he would just have to wait for the Marine HQ and WG (above all Shichibukai) to enter in war against WB. We all know, after we've seen of the first part of GL, that there are extremely powerful and that there will be a lot of dead. Moreover, the issue of the war is not obvious.
If the WBs win, Kaidou will have to fight a WB weakened army. If the WBs lose, he will just have to conquer his territory.
So, why did Kaidou try to destroy WB before he fights into the 1st part of GL ?

If I were Kaidou and an opportunist, I will just go to conquer WB's territory (if it is not a hazardous task because I don't want to weaken my army before fighting WB) while he is far away, out of NW. Then, I will fight a WB weakened army with my healthy army if he manages to win the war.

So, do you think Kaidou has other interests to fight WB before he gets out of NW ?
Why did he decide such a supposed wrong strategy ?

LoS
February 18, 2009, 05:13 AM
Kaido could be trying to stop him from going to war, because if WB dies the balance shifts in the WG's favor and then all those Pirates in the New World will be much easier targets than before. But thats just one option fo course.

Lord Rayleigh
February 18, 2009, 05:29 AM
This could be an answer ... but if two Yonkou fights, I think the balance shifts more in the WG's favor than if the WBs and the WG fight. Indeed, we are not sure of the issue of this war.
Moreover, the spoiler seems to say that this is a strategic attack of Kaidou. So, I wonder why it is strategic for him ? Does he think WB will level-up by fighting the WG ? For me, this is the contrary even if his army survives. And WB himself could die whereas his pirates don't all die : the vice-captain could become captain.
If this is really a strategy, what is this fuc*ing Kaidou thinking ? Is he stupid ?

cheaptrick
February 18, 2009, 05:33 AM
lol i'm almost starting to wish luffy get caught: magellan, in order to keep sadi-chan quiet promised her she could do whatever she wanted with luffy once he had been captured (because she was assigned to protect the way to level 5 and wasn't happy to miss all the action)..and knowing how luffy has become a ladykiller in the recent chapters...

OdaForPresident
February 18, 2009, 05:42 AM
I´m really hoping we´ll see the battle between kaido en red hair, probably not but there´s nothing wrong with wishing for it.

Sachsenhesse
February 18, 2009, 05:46 AM
fucking genius

in the badest case there are going 3 yonkous to fall + the marine

the balance is really going to nothing, just like flamingo said a new era is coming

isnt it obvious what kaidoh is thinking? he thinks that wb is going to lose and he want to give wb the deathstrike, that would make him famous, he would defeatet the man who fought equally with roger

our red hair believes in whitebeard

fucking epic >.< what is happen in one piece, i cant believe this a war with a yonkou vs. marine, shanks vs. kaidoh and luffy breaking in in impel down

what the fuck is happen next?

Raist
February 18, 2009, 05:47 AM
As far as I can see it says that Kaidou intended to take care of, not attacked outright so it could just mean that Shanks stopped him in his tracks while Kaidou was preparing to ambush a weakened WB, or something like that...

moonster x
February 18, 2009, 05:50 AM
red hair move.. kaidou move... and what happen to another yonkou? did he just silence?

Sachsenhesse
February 18, 2009, 05:52 AM
red hair move.. kaidou move... and what happen to another yonkou? did he just silence?

he is the laughing fourth

Belisar
February 18, 2009, 06:05 AM
Kaido could be trying to stop him from going to war, because if WB dies the balance shifts in the WG's favor and then all those Pirates in the New World will be much easier targets than before. But thats just one option fo course.
then it would be more effective if all the yonkou join the fight vs wg. that would surely shift the power to their side. if wg gather everyone just to defeat whitebeard, what would happen if shanks and kaidou and the last yonkou join wb? http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/roninator/Other/Twitch.gif

cheaptrick
February 18, 2009, 06:20 AM
actually isn't that the opposite? isn't this quarrel between shanks and kaidou a plot device used by Oda to officially exclude their participation in this whole arc? i think the remaining 4th yonkou is more likely join the war instead (if a yonkou will ever join the war, that is)

Razh
February 18, 2009, 06:30 AM
I don't understand how a Yonkou can make such a huge strategic error ?

I mean, if Kaidou want to take WB'seat, he would just have to wait for the Marine HQ and WG (above all Shichibukai) to enter in war against WB. We all know, after we've seen of the first part of GL, that there are extremely powerful and that there will be a lot of dead. Moreover, the issue of the war is not obvious.
If the WBs win, Kaidou will have to fight a WB weakened army. If the WBs lose, he will just have to conquer his territory.
So, why did Kaidou try to destroy WB before he fights into the 1st part of GL ?

If I were Kaidou and an opportunist, I will just go to conquer WB's territory (if it is not a hazardous task because I don't want to weaken my army before fighting WB) while he is far away, out of NW. Then, I will fight a WB weakened army with my healthy army if he manages to win the war.

So, do you think Kaidou has other interests to fight WB before he gets out of NW ?
Why did he decide such a supposed wrong strategy ?

I agree that it's a bad move. Especially when all of Yonkou have a common enemy, the World Goverment. If one of them falls, the Balance could shift enough for World Goverment to gain the upper hand.

Now, why did he do it? Well, It's only my guess, but I don't think Kaidou is a calm and calculated person. We've seen a lot of different types of characters in OP. Lot of them have their own philosophies and their own views about life. Maybe Kaidou is just an impulsive person, who acts at the spur of the moment, without contemplating how it will affect his own future.
Furthermore, the fact that he (and his crew) killed entire Moria's crew could point that he's not such a good person and not very honorable.

But anyway, I'm reluctant the theorize about it too much, until the chapter really comes out.

moonster x
February 18, 2009, 06:59 AM
the pic luffy pickin his nose and it bcome big charcoal....what a moment and been used this as a spoiler...hahahahaha....

MadWalker
February 18, 2009, 07:28 AM
who the one who say a countdown in number proof as in mr 3 to mr 0!?
anyway.. i will find it funny if
and only if mr 1 help them and then the chief let them off half-way...

not very funny in a way but just a comment...
also, WHAT WITH THOSE ANIMAL EYE!??! THEY ARE THE SAME AS THAT COW!!!!

RichardMNixon
February 18, 2009, 08:24 AM
Maybe Kaidou doesn't want WB to die, so he's trying to beat him up just enough to keep him out of the war.

Yans86
February 18, 2009, 09:00 AM
The 4th younkou is laughing.......(if she is Lola's mom I don't want to imagine....)...however Kaidou wanted to attack WB from the back,looks like he is sneaky and honorable as Moria was ih hi hihihi hi ihhihih
If the fourth Yonkou is ambitious then he/she has only to stand still and make the others fight.Whoever is going to win the losers will be easier to Takedown....Kaidou/Shanks/WB/Wg.....

Considering that SHanks is on Luffy's side,and WB (winner or loser),won't going to be immediately a treat for him,for his honorability,I would bet that Kaidou is going to be the principal Younkou enemy....

Akainu
February 18, 2009, 09:06 AM
wow, didn't think we would really get to Magellan and the Demonguards that fast that's just beautiful. Das Bones is finally here too, but what's even mire interesting is that while one of the yonkou is risking his life two other clash - that's a massive deterioration of the balance of power and also a nice outlook on what the Strawhats will face in the new world!

Razh
February 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
It would just be sadistic of Oda to let Luffy be captured at critical times such as these.
We can't wait much longer!

cheaptrick
February 18, 2009, 09:43 AM
i think luffy will get caught by magellan and hancock, after hearing about luffy from the marine central, will somehow get to be in the convoy that will bring ace from id to the execution place (since the excort composition has yet to be decided), and will use that opportunity to help luffy of course

Lord Rayleigh
February 18, 2009, 09:47 AM
but what's even mire interesting is that while one of the yonkou is risking his life two other clash - that's a massive deterioration of the balance of power and also a nice outlook on what the Strawhats will face in the new world!

With that context, the NW will be worst than it was. The 4 Yonkous ruling on it were containing its madness. With the NW balanche deteriorated, the NW will be the craziest land of OP for good reasons.
Indeed, the NW has always been presented as crazy but, in reality, with the ruling of emperors, the NW appears to be a land for the stronger people, not a crazy land.
With these wars, the NW will be the land of all the hazards, and the SH's will have to continue their adventure in a chaotic world. The ones able to survive and stand above this chaos will be the leaders of the New Age.
And the NW will really be as crazy as he has been presented by Oda.

OdaForPresident
February 18, 2009, 09:56 AM
I wonder what happened to the captured rookies, are they all on level 5 or have they simply not arrived at impel down yet? We didnt see any of their crewmates so it likely that there not there yet. It was stated that Kizaru captured something like 1000 pirates on shabondy so that ship(s) might still be incoming, maybe an opportunity for escape.

I´m kinda disappointed that all the demon guards are already introduced, I was hoping for something a bit more exiting. I am exited about Magelan though, I´m really curious about that fight. Whats with that funny outhouse Magelan is in? Something against the heat maybe? Luffy should try to get Ace back up to level four, he might be revived from all those flames.

Akagami.Shanks
February 18, 2009, 10:02 AM
Very interesting development indeed. I think it's kinda hard to label Kaidou as as an honorable man or not, after all, these are pirates and each one of them tries to become the pirate king. Also, didn't Whitebeard and Roger clash in many occasions, does that make one of them not honorable. Again, this is the pirate's era. Kaidou could have waited until the WG and whitebeard war ended, but let's take step back and think about it. if whitebeard looses then Kaidou won't get a chance to fight him and he would need to beat some other strong pirates or younkou to claim WB title. IF WB wins, then it's not going to be a pretty win, he will surely loose a lot of his nakama, so no one would recognize kaidou's win over WB if he decides to attack Wb in that weakened state. The way I see it, is that WB is the perfect target from all pirate and WG of course, defeating WB pirates has far more consequences than beating any pirate. you can beat number 2 and 3 but that does not mean you can beat number 1. Both Kaidou and WG know that for a fact. Let's also talk about the psychological impact of beating WB. there would be fear amongst the strongest pirates to go against the new number 1, some wars are going to be won just by showing up. And also it gives the winner's nakama or subordinates more confidence to go to war with anyone. Basicl
I believe neither Shanks or Kaidou would win, one of them will retreat, it's just Oda's way to establish Kaidou as the new SH enemy since he's been mentioned many times now, and also to take both kaidou and shanks out of this war.

Moroboshi
February 18, 2009, 10:14 AM
. Whats with that funny outhouse Magelan is in? Something against the heat maybe? Luffy should try to get Ace back up to level four, he might be revived from all those flames.

Nope, I think it is simply a restroom!!!! The "free time" Magellan has during the day, it's over.

Razh
February 18, 2009, 10:16 AM
Very interesting development indeed. I think it's kinda hard to label Kaidou as as an honorable man or not, after all, these are pirates and each one of them tries to become the pirate king. Also, didn't Whitebeard and Roger clash in many occasions, does that make one of them not honorable. Again, this is the pirate's era.

It's only theory, based on what we have seen so far. After all, I never thought that every Yonkou will be a good guy, which Whitebeard and Shanks certainly seem to be. And attacking Whitebeard while he goes to fight WG to save one of his crewman, while the World Balance is about to crumble isn't exactly an honorable act.

And Roger and Whitebeard have probably fought a lot. I just don't understand why you brought them up. If you are aware of any situation where Roger attacked Whitebeard while he was busy doing something else, or viceversa than fine. Otherwise, it's not fine.
Besides, that was before the 3 powers and the World Balance.

So yeah, Kaidou strikes me as someone who doesn't care about the big picture, or at least hates Whitebeard enough to put himself and other pirates in jeopardy in order to kill him.

Organizized
February 18, 2009, 10:54 AM
Oh my... My heart jumped the instant I saw Shanks and Kaidou's names. I'm also happy that the ones predicting we'd see Shanks this arc were wrong. I mean, the fact that their names even appear is epic enough, especially since they fought.

I don't quite understand what happened, though. Did he move into Whitebeard's territory or did he attack or.. what? They only say he "intended to" take him out. And if he did enter Whitebeard's territory, was Shanks just friendly enough to protect Whitebeard so the latter wouldn't lose any men before striking against WG? I mean, it's WB's turf after all, and as far as I can tell he's still there.

The marines seem to have "scout ships" in the new world, seeing as they know of pretty much every move the big-shots make over there, so I'd think they would have noticed WB with his 16 divisions moving towards the Red Line.

Does Mr. 1 play any role in this chapter or is he only re-introduced?

Rotten The Wizard
February 18, 2009, 11:21 AM
omg, too much EPIC. My heart cant take it!
I just hope nothing happens to shanks! Thats my boy right there

I didnt think Luffy would get to Magellan so quickly so damn...
Something unexpected will happen. Luffy just kicking magellans ass and roaming down free to level 5 would make for a boring story

Why the hell is hancock standing out there?
Shouldnt she Rendevous at Marieoja?
Or maybe the WG think luffy is threat enough to have a shichibukai waiting outside

Razh
February 18, 2009, 12:18 PM
Or maybe the WG think luffy is threat enough to have a shichibukai waiting outside

Actually, knowing Luffy was there, Sengoku probably ordered Momonga to get her away from there as soon as possible. :p

cachaco99
February 18, 2009, 12:56 PM
DAMN, kaidou vs shanks, an escort is coming for ace, the other 3 demon guards, and now mr 1. i'm telling you oda is showing EVERYONE after the 500th chapter.

i bet the escort is akainu, ace needs a powerful escort and the 3 admirals are gonna be fighting anyways. plus i really wanna see him

i just hope we see a little something of kaidou vs shanks like maybe shanks talking to kaidou about what he's doing. its not much but actually getting to see another yonkou after seeing all the shichibukai's would be great. or if the fight happens that would be to epic

its crazy how we get caught up in one thing and then oda whips something bad ass like this (ex- 11 supernovas and then rayleigh shows up, and now we got focused on luffy and company and oda throws in kaidou vs shanks)

thats all well and good and i do hope we see some fights but what i wanna see are fights from the past

roger vs whitebeard
roger vs garp
shanks vs mihawk
shanks vs blackbeard
and kaidou vs moria

sharingan_kakashi
February 18, 2009, 12:59 PM
Shanks holding off Kaido. i guess that means Shanks wont get into a skirmish with the WG. I was hoping he would give his full naval support to WB but i guess this is good too. I wanna see Kaido, he could be really funny looking or serious as a heart attack. My guess is that he is a serious guy and cunning guy.
Das Bones. i was hoping he wont be introduced on level 4. I wonder if he would be an ally.

shinjinjou
February 18, 2009, 01:30 PM
Stop the presses!!! One Piece is the best? Yes One Piece is the best. Showdown with Magellan and Strawhats-Lite AND Shanks vs Kaidou? Insane. The hammer has been dropped and there's no one that can touch One Piece right now.
Is Mr. 1 really necessary? But there's not much to choose from, from past enemies to be in ID and following along.

Rotten The Wizard
February 18, 2009, 01:54 PM
Stop the presses!!! One Piece is the best? Yes One Piece is the best. Showdown with Magellan and Strawhats-Lite AND Shanks vs Kaidou? Insane. The hammer has been dropped and there's no one that can touch One Piece right now.
Is Mr. 1 really necessary? But there's not much to choose from, from past enemies to be in ID and following along.

couldnt have said it better. One piece > Naruto+Bleach

Oda is kinda epic. all these unique characters and completely unpredictalbe.
I thrive on one piece these days

back on topic. I have a feeling Luffy wont get to ace in time (dont ask me how considering he's now only 1 floor away)
An admiral will most likely be sent for ace, Akainu?!

Either way Luffy is screwed. THe only thing we know for a fact is something epic and really unpredictable will happen that allows luffy to succeed

k-dom
February 18, 2009, 02:00 PM
Well I was a bit disapointed to see Mr1 but since his appearance is completely anihilated with the mention of Kaidou and Shanks fight mention, I don't care.
Also I'm not sure to have understood how the quatuor reaches level 4, it seems it's a consequence of the fight against minotauros (btw the minozebra, minokoala pun is very nice)
And they will fight Magellan alone, it does not tell how they will win, but it seems less impossible than all Impel down forces at the same time

the pic luffy pickin his nose and it bcome big charcoal....what a moment and been used this as a spoiler...hahahahaha....
That's snot vulcanisation :-)

d3death
February 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
How do marines plan to get away ace with the prison all locked up and luffy causing all the confusion.

Lord Rayleigh
February 18, 2009, 03:55 PM
How do marines plan to get away ace with the prison all locked up and luffy causing all the confusion.
They need ID to be without disorders to pick up Ace (it's why, at present, ID is locked).
So, I think they will not be able to drive Ace to his execution if Luffy is not beaten and the situation in ID not cleaned.

d3death
February 18, 2009, 04:01 PM
or maybe there is some secret exit near bottom.. some underground tunnel may be.

Lord Rayleigh
February 18, 2009, 04:13 PM
I don't really see ID guards taking Ace, running in ID's corridors with him, wanting to get out of ID with the prisonner as soon as possible, as Spandam did with Robin. ID doesn't seem this kind of land.
Plus, they can only give Ace to the marine - who will come in front of ID's entrance - by gates that can be seen because ID is surrounded by the sea : so, you can see all the exit doors of ID (except for the estimated ones under the sea ; but the marines don't seem to travel by submarine, more by boats, don't they ?).

mmmiitr
February 18, 2009, 04:18 PM
I have a hunch that Luffy would eventually get caught.It took whole luffy's crew and other to take down E.L. Luffy facing the chief is sign that he will be caught.This will also assure that luffy's crew participate in the battle, becoz i do not think the news of Luffy invading I.D. will be announce to general public until unless Luffy is captured..
and that also make a good possibility of DRAGON taking participation in battle due to his two son....
it was also hinted when Luffy was sent flaying by kuma that a big storm is coming.(as in louge town)

deprince69
February 18, 2009, 05:05 PM
Shanks holding off Kaido. i guess that means Shanks wont get into a skirmish with the WG. I was hoping he would give his full naval support to WB but i guess this is good too. I wanna see Kaido, he could be really funny looking or serious as a heart attack. My guess is that he is a serious guy and cunning guy.

i doubt we will see the fight between shanks and kaido... it will happen but someone is just gonna talk about who won n everything

narutoschkraknives
February 18, 2009, 05:08 PM

Yea another epic chapter im glad onepiece is less popular than naruto and bleach its funny how they miss out on the best by being stpid.Oda never fails even if u think the story is going nowhere u still watch becuase its still good but then it turns out to be better than your willdest dreams.

Oda hasent showed s luffy owning somebody easily since blueno and i hope he does the same to the poison, poison man

deprince69
February 18, 2009, 05:44 PM
Oda hasent showed s luffy owning somebody easily since blueno and i hope he does the same to the poison, poison man

yeah i know that's soo true but oda did show us that luffy is still cool by making him punch one of the tenryuubito (i think his name was carlos or something)

Organizized
February 18, 2009, 05:52 PM
thats all well and good and i do hope we see some fights but what i wanna see are fights from the past

(...)

shanks vs mihawk

Well, I do think Shanks is going to be drawn into the war as well due to the chaos that will be the New World soon. I can't really see Kaidou being defeated before we even know how he really looks, so I predict the battle to be a tie, but enough for Shanks to draw Kaidou away from WB's turf. But this would probably cause a war between Red Haired pirates and Kaidou pirates as well, and that along with the WB-WG war just might be considered a bit chaotic. The WG would have to calm it down as much as they could and so the other Yonkou are involved in it all.

What I'm trying to make up my mind about is if there is a possibilty for a Shanks - Mihawk rematch. I mean, it would have to end as a draw or be interrupted anyway, since Luffy has to meet Shanks at the end of the new world and Zoro has to be the one who beats Mihawk. But then again, with Shanks involved in the big picture it's not impossible and it would be epic as hell.

d3death
February 18, 2009, 06:34 PM
about shanks and Kaido...
i don't think shanks will go for an all out war..

he'll just stall Kaido for sometime and leave..

Onomatopoeia
February 18, 2009, 06:56 PM
Mr.1 being in Impel Down isn't really surprising and it was expected from the beginning.

I think one of the things I'm most excited for is Magellan vs Luffy which is about to start. I can only imagine what Magellan will show here.

GeckoMoria
February 18, 2009, 08:16 PM
it does seem a little early for luffy to be fighting magellan... hardly a final battle feeling... thats why i believe something is gonna come in and either interrupt the fight or save luffy. but what will save him?

Buggy? of course not

Mr.3? very unlikely

Mr.2? will fail miserably (will try nonetheless though)

Mr.1??? do they even know each other? so he doesn't care

crocodile ace jinbei hancock???? all out of action

so what will save luffy? easy.... DIARRHEA!!!!!!!!! :P

deprince69
February 18, 2009, 10:07 PM
O you miss understood me i could never forget luffy is cool.Its just that so many of his enemys are superpowered and ppl in impel down should just be strong= lffy takes them out easliy.

yeah with his haki n stuff should be easy

i think ppl in impel dawn aren't that strong the only reason it's tough is because it located on the calm belt i wouldn't think government would put strong men there because it's already hard to get there n even if anybody does get there probably went all out to get there which would be easily taken down by one of the impel dawn ppl... we already seen the strawhats go on calm belt n were almost dead after getting out of it.

fastfonz
February 18, 2009, 10:18 PM
if it isnt for the deadly poison.. Luffy can win easily.. the only issue is what is Oda going to come up with to account for the poison.

ascalon
February 18, 2009, 11:02 PM
Jeez, I swear I saw that page with the 3 animals in a dream last week.

shon3n
February 19, 2009, 12:05 AM
ok.prediction for next chapter.

Mr.1 will help luffy with some "oda-style" reason, and luffy will try to introduce to us his new technique.And that is HAKI. XD

chitgoks
February 19, 2009, 12:42 AM
it does seem a little early for luffy to be fighting magellan... hardly a final battle feeling... thats why i believe something is gonna come in and either interrupt the fight or save luffy. but what will save him?

Buggy? of course not

Mr.3? very unlikely

Mr.2? will fail miserably (will try nonetheless though)

Mr.1??? do they even know each other? so he doesn't care

crocodile ace jinbei hancock???? all out of action

so what will save luffy? easy.... DIARRHEA!!!!!!!!! :P

kuma again! hahaha jk

d3death
February 19, 2009, 12:48 AM
Mr.1 being in Impel Down isn't really surprising and it was expected from the beginning.

I think one of the things I'm most excited for is Magellan vs Luffy which is about to start. I can only imagine what Magellan will show here.

It was not EXPECTED it was already TOLD in a cover story

chitgoks
February 19, 2009, 01:01 AM

i bet they'd wish blueno is with them he he he

NANLIT
February 19, 2009, 01:05 AM
They probably expect Luffy to be captured and Impel Down to open up again well before it is time for Ace's departure.

Rotten The Wizard
February 19, 2009, 01:22 AM
i bet they'd wish blueno is with them he he he

lol honestly he would be PERFECT for an escape
here's to hoping cp9 got caught

k-dom
February 19, 2009, 01:45 AM
Mr1 don't know Luffy but he knows Mr 2 and Mr3.
And the impel down demon guards can not be call weak. It will be difficult to defeat 3 of them at the same time.

And I wonder if Shanks knew about Luffy family when he met him.

wake0531
February 19, 2009, 04:15 AM
hey first time poster so bare with me. new release is crazy good. i also have a prediction for who may join the SH crew next. i don't think it's going to be bon clay. even though SH and him are nakama, bon clay used to be a bounty hunter and i don't think the ideals of a pirate would settle well with him. Also, i don't think he has a goal in the NW, like the SH crew members do. He may just be a friend like Vivi. I think the next crew member to join won't happen until the SH crew gets to the underwater island, right before the embark on the NW. It would most likely be a fishman. Probably not Hachi because he has to look after Camie.

Saueg
February 19, 2009, 06:14 AM
i dont think that luffy will get captured right now however i dont see him defeating magellan right now either
by guess is that he might just keep on running just as he was always running away from smoker
anyway right now the most likely scenarios are:
luffy defeating magellan
luffy getting away without fight

Akainu
February 19, 2009, 06:37 AM
the latter one would be what I'd choose, although I'd say it will be due to some deus ex machina like WB's attack or perhaps his spies inside ID (k, that would be weird) or the SN coming upwards (am I getting even weirder?) or if lvl 6 is really Vegapunks laboratory (speculation!) he might tell Magellan to leave the four (or five) escapees to him since they are all fruit users

Lord Rayleigh
February 19, 2009, 07:50 AM
if lvl 6 is really Vegapunks laboratory (speculation!)

He would have all the prisoniers he wants to test out his discoveries, machines. Indeed, I think the WG supplies him in people who have been sentenced to death. So, somehow, he should be related to inhuman experiments permitted/wanted by the WG. But, I'm not sure he would work in such a place. I don't think Oda would put Vegapunk's laboratory there, some fans would get crazy : he should be in a place done for experiments with a very special design : we are all waiting for a laboratory/place as fantastic as the image we have of the Dr Vegapunk ; not for a laboratory hidden in a dark and locked prison ...

Ametatsu
February 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
i also have a prediction for who may join the SH crew next. i don't think it's going to be bon clay. even though SH and him are nakama, bon clay used to be a bounty hunter and i don't think the ideals of a pirate would settle well with him. Also, i don't think he has a goal in the NW, like the SH crew members do. He may just be a friend like Vivi.

and he shares the seiyuu with franky...
2 ppl with the same voice on the same crew... that just dont work...

Rotten The Wizard
February 19, 2009, 12:11 PM
Magellan sent Sadi to gaurd level 5? wtf?
He doesnt have confidence in himself? lol

Sharingan warrior
February 19, 2009, 02:30 PM
I am thoroughly excited by the upcoming chapter.the whole battle of the yonkou thing going on in the new world is going to be epic. However i do think that kaidou was going to attack a weakend whitebeard are maybe even help the wG as his hate for WB might be greater than his hate for wg.i mean he is a yonkou so the wg alredi fears him and prolly wont touch him unless provoked so i dont think he has much beef with them maybe just outta principle,you know disturbing the pirate order etc but back to topic.i mean beating whitebeard in his weakend form still means beating whitebeard.The man thought to be untouchable the strongest no matter what form he is in it would still raise eyebrows in the world and push for your candidacy for pirate king

Finale
February 19, 2009, 02:40 PM
I don't think that Vegapunk's lab is on the sixth floor I would expect him to be in a bunker in Mariejoie. If the greek/roman mythology theme continues some very tough prisoner(s) is on the sixth floor. The titans of myth were locked in Tartarus but I'm thinking someone along the lines of Typhon or a character based on him being on the sixth floor. Maybe he's a remnant or weapon of the enemy the WG defeated in the void century.

Charlie
February 19, 2009, 02:59 PM
Looks like another good chapter is on its way out. Shame there will be no One Piece next week :crying. As I've said before I love the way Oda puts his comedy gags in all the time.

Hannyabal: If he were to come to my I were to let him escape it would be the chief's fault...)
:rofl:gigglebunny:clap

Can't wait for the chapter to come out and make some predictions.

Razh
February 19, 2009, 03:33 PM
Magellan sent Sadi to gaurd level 5? wtf?
He doesnt have confidence in himself? lol

Even if he's afraid of having to run to the bathroom urgently, he could still leave Sadi-chan at the entrance to level 5 on level 4.

Maybe he's not too brainy? lol

fastfonz
February 19, 2009, 03:33 PM
Looks like another good chapter is on its way out. Shame there will be no One Piece next week :crying. As I've said before I love the way Oda puts his comedy gags in all the time.

Hannyabal: If he were to come to my I were to let him escape it would be the chief's fault...)

haha.. hannyabal need to help luffy somehow. Probably escape since he is guarding the staircase going up, but who knows. Anyway, he is pretty much setting himself up to help luffy when he sees him.

Charlie
February 19, 2009, 09:52 PM
Hannyabal's line is prefect, I don't know how Oda manages come up with all these quirks in the manga. The spoiler/full translation is indicating that it will be Luffy versus Magellan next week? I was not expecting that, I thought we would slow down a lot prior to the meeting. Anyway assuming nothing-else happens to get in Luffy's way then it should be entertaining... I think Hannyabal is going to fake being knocked out after one hit, so that he can steal the warden-ship.

Sadi-chan, plus the three bears are they a worthy opponent for Luffy? Given he took out the cow without a problem. Is the warden expecting Luffy and the others to get past him? If not why would he post Sadi's group to level five?

Mythsoul
February 20, 2009, 12:38 AM
ahhhh awesome spoilers luffy will have a great fight next chapter....and buggy still funny as hell....lol....can't wait for this chapter to come out....

Xenos3421
February 20, 2009, 02:00 AM
Awesome spoilers, it looks like enough to tide us over for an extra week..

I love the little thing about 29 hours til the execution at 3pm (so it's 10ish)! It's been 4 hours since luffy's got here and it seems at dawn ID's getting backup... hmm.

Methinks this rescue might not go so well after all.. i mean, if Oda's gonna keep a count down going you know it's gonna tick down to the last seconds..

k-dom
February 20, 2009, 02:49 AM
The death guards are extremely fast and strong. I think they could part with some lower CP9 member.

And it's seems Hancock wasn't caught finally. I hope it will be the same for Luffy, but it must be a direct win, no rematch is allowed this time. I wonder how it will come, certainly luffy's luck will continue to be his best ally.
I also wonder if we will see Mr1 in the fight against magellan or if he will join them against sadi chan team

predsfan
February 20, 2009, 06:48 AM
This chapter looks awesome. Mr. 3, Mr. 2, and Buggy seem to be very funny in this chapter. And the other 3 demon guards are hilarious looking as well. The Zebra is awesome. Anyways, can't wait for the action next week should be legendary.

monkey D luffy
February 20, 2009, 07:18 AM

where was it said that there is no chapter next week?

and that line cracked me up

Koen
February 20, 2009, 07:22 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics and Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1234581#post1234581) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks

The chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/534)

adises
February 20, 2009, 07:57 AM
so far its been rather silly I mean the way luffy is going through the prison? come on this is a prison that holds former shibukai and ultra powerful guys. If the next chapter is also like this its gonna be really boring...the way luffy is going through the prison is a joke.

Akainu
February 20, 2009, 10:19 AM
hm, somehow it seems like Oda already starts to use one spread after the other - and I thought he wanted to make that at the end of the arc/war... also near the end of the chapter some nice moves form Luffy - really too bad to wait a whole week, that somehow ruins the pace <.<

k-dom
February 20, 2009, 10:51 AM
ok I understand, Luffy is going straight toward the kitchen (調理場) :-)
I bet this will be a good motivation to fight Magellan
I wonder how long the fight will takes, do you think more than 2 chapters ?
And Buggy and Mr3 are gone again, I wonder how long it will takes to see them back, do you think more than 2 chapters :-) ?

waldo
February 20, 2009, 11:01 AM
so far its been rather silly I mean the way luffy is going through the prison? come on this is a prison that holds former shibukai and ultra powerful guys. If the next chapter is also like this its gonna be really boring...the way luffy is going through the prison is a joke.

a prison that holds a former shinshibukai... to whom Luffy defeated and went through prison.... through HIM....

and no matter how strong a prisoner in Impel down, if they are devil fruit users, karouseki hand cuffs and etc. will definitely hold them down...

and who doesn't expect Luffy to go through all these? the moment he is inside the Gaol, people should know he will be on a rampage like these,... i mean, there's no way Luffy on his own can sneak into the entire prison till he reach level 5 and save Ace without being detected...

and how boring these story arc would be if there are no fights nor prison guard chases and hunts, run through old faces and new allies and if Luffy was able to sneak all through out the prison... Now, that would be a joke... a lame one...

Charlie
February 20, 2009, 01:51 PM
@ monkey D luffy:

It was stated in on the spoiler in the spoiler thread.

abnegativ
February 20, 2009, 02:04 PM
i have a question. could it be that ruffy uses haki here the first time and dont know??

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/16/

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/17/

Randomcircle
February 20, 2009, 02:06 PM
i have a question. could it be that ruffy uses haki here the first time and dont know??

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/16/

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/495/17/

Well , I thought it was Obvious for everyone. Yes , it is , Abnegativ . Welcome to Mangahelpers !

fastfonz
February 20, 2009, 02:28 PM
yeah.. thats the first recorded time.. now if you find one earlier.. that be new

Shurou
February 20, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well, that was fast (Magellan turning up, that is). Although this week's chapter felt somewhat... not as epic as usual, I found a couple of goodies to entertain myself with: the usual frantic comedy that is anything involving Luffy and news of Shanks trying desperately to keep the world order from crumbling into chaos... Poor man, he really is alone on this, isn't he (among pirates)?

koso
February 20, 2009, 04:09 PM
whats with the scanlation of chapter 533 ?

monkey D luffy
February 20, 2009, 04:48 PM
@Charlie-Kun thanks i guess i missed it. it was only stated there so i hope its not true

nawar
February 20, 2009, 05:19 PM
for all those who are having trouble in recognizing how easy luffy is going trough impel down, realise the folowwing:

1a: luffy was not a prisoner there, so it was beyond expectation that someone would attempt what he did.
1b:since he was not a prinsoner there, he is at full power, whereas locals are being tortured and hurt every single day.
2: luffy begon on level 1 and only got through to level 4, level 4 and 5 should be where prisoners of his level are being captured.
3: he has been helped by 3 other prisoners in deafeating only 1 of the top guards.
4: he has YET to excape....since most prisons are built to keep people insinde....stayin insinde should be rather easy....since there is no bridge to the outside....its only a matter of time before luffy and co should be captured and inprisoned....in theory
5: LUFFY is the frigging HERO of the story...if he was to have difficulties in the first three levels.....how much of a hero would he be!!!!

I mean be realistic people......the actual battle has yet to begin...and luffy is alreay pretty warn out....he has gone through gear 2 and gear 3 and he has yet to meet the actual monsters of impel down......if this was supposed to be any other character i wuld say he was pretty screwed!!!!!!!!!

k-dom
February 20, 2009, 05:31 PM
yeah.. thats the first recorded time.. now if you find one earlier.. that be new
you underestimated this forum. Some have found haki in east blue :-)

@koso
before scanlation you need a translation... Anyway if you can't wait, the raw are out and the chapter wall almost entirely translated in the spoiler thread.

Concerning the current chapter, if Magellan had known Luffy a little better, he would have post everyone in the kitchen instead of seperate them :-)

mugiwara84
February 20, 2009, 06:42 PM

I do hope you mean Luffy alone and I even seen people arguing that Luffy did use haki before.

also near the end of the chapter some nice moves form Luffy - really too bad to wait a whole week, that somehow ruins the pace <.<

Make that two weeks since no OP next week. Here I was hoping that Oda wouldn't be holding a break all to fast since we recently had the new year breaks.

galeno
February 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
Well I read it, but it was such a Long time ago that I haven't even noticed. I'm disapponted that Luffy didn't learned in Amazon Lily how to control his haki to use in a fight.
[hr]

Well , I thought it was Obvious for everyone. Yes , it is , Abnegativ . Welcome to Mangahelpers !

Akainu
February 20, 2009, 07:00 PM
Make that two weeks since no OP next week. Here I was hoping that Oda wouldn't be holding a break all to fast since we recently had the new year breaks.
well - no!
usually we do not have to wait at all, that's "normal" ( when we have a week that goes like this: spoilers on tuesday/wednesday, raw/translation/scanlation on friday and the days in between are spent with analyzing everything). sure it seems to be a whole week from raw to raw, but well, for me spoilers count as well, that's way I said it will be about one week between chapter this WE and spoilers after the next...

I hope that cnet is well, he only posted one translation yesterday and that was a relatively short Bleach chapter :oh

Dunno what to say about the chapter until then... pretty interesting that Hancock and Momonga left through some kind of backdoor and then could travel by boat. The water street they used should be above the rest of the prison rom what we have seen under water. I wonder what's in all the buildings that go further up... housings for the wardens? seems a bit weird.

d3death
February 20, 2009, 08:10 PM
well i couldnt get what this exactly means..
can some one make it more clear?

Momonga: .........!! To think a situation of this nature could simply break out like that... / The seas truly are in a precarious state......!!! // A skirmish between two of the Yonkou... / Ordinarily this alone would be a momentous incident...!!! // It could well be the case... that there is no means left to us to avoid doing battle with Whitebeard...!! / The whole world can feel it... / We hurry... to Marineford!!

KouYa Danni
February 20, 2009, 09:08 PM
How long do you think Mr.3 and Buggy find Mr.1? Mr1 who can turn to steel could be the one helping Luffy on 4th flr to beat Magellan. It seems there will always be one prisoner to help Luffy on each floor.

fastfonz
February 20, 2009, 09:18 PM
I do hope you mean Luffy alone and I even seen people arguing that Luffy did use haki before.

come on.. ofcourse luffy alone. There have been tons of haki before.. but arguments that luffy displayed haki before Duval.. I dont buy them.

Wowzers
February 20, 2009, 09:21 PM
Concerning the current chapter, if Magellan had known Luffy a little better, he would have post everyone in the kitchen instead of seperate them :-)

I chuckled at that, then realized if he knew that, Magellan could have just poisoned the food and let him pig out.

Zeltrax
February 20, 2009, 10:15 PM
as per usual,
OP was the best among naruto and bleach ( the crappy black cero..nvm)
. Man, him fighting that poison guy sure is gonna be a blast .
Anyhow he will beat him ( i think ) . Afterall, he's the guy that took down 2 shichibukais , The world greatest assassin . and Oz, the giant.
Oh and he even fought god.
Considering all this, theres not a chance he'll be losing.
AND OMFGXZX
ONOZ?! No one piece next week?! RLY?!

gustcafe
February 20, 2009, 10:17 PM
just read the 533rd chapter, just like some kind of "in-between" chapter, but it's okay. but what bothers me..if u look at the previous translation, i prefer the ending should be "you rodent!!" than "you mice!!" being said by magellan. dunno, rodent seems more..villain..hahahaha..but great translation anyway =)

shibigoku
February 20, 2009, 10:18 PM
They are going to free Mr 1 and Luffy's gonna get knocked out in a kitchen to reverse the situation. But so far so good, I like where this is going.

fastfonz
February 20, 2009, 10:20 PM
Luffy should just keep running into the kitchen and ignore Magellan.

Darek Khort
February 20, 2009, 10:26 PM
Lol, loved this chapter! Magellan's chair is hilarious with the small window openings for him to see on all four sides of the chair. Same with all the mino's; seem to all have snot.
"How can you interpret my words like that? I give up! I SPIN!" Haha, that's hilarious.

Pretty interesting and comedic chapter. :D

paradoxe
February 20, 2009, 11:03 PM
Don't people feel that perhaps the guards of Impel Down are a bit weak?

I mean it is the world's greatest prison, and if its warden can't even match a supernova then that is kind of pathetic.

How would they repel attacks on the magnitude of WB?

kkck
February 20, 2009, 11:37 PM

I mean it is the world's greatest prison, and if its warden can't even match a supernova then that is kind of pathetic.

I dont think they are weak though. The bulgori are at least as strong as buggy and they seem to be of the lower level guardians of impel down. While it doesnt seem much, having god knows how many guards who can take 20mil (IDK exact number) worth pirates is pretty good. After that they have mutated beasts, minoanimals, and other such creatures makes ID quite a prison.
Magellan and the other higher ups in ID seem to be quite strong also. I dont really think luffy and co can actually take him down at the time given that magellan doesnt really need to move to fight, he just has to stand around a sweat or something and his oponents would end up poisoned. Also it is clear that the guards in ID can somehow deal with supernova and shichibukai level pirates, there us a reason jimbei, crocodile and ace are still prisoners.

For the time being I dont think luffy will fight magellan, I think luffy will pull of some sort of lucky miraculus scape or somehow Mr 1 will help them. Probably given that Mr1 is made out of metal he is inmune to some of magellans forms of poison.

d3death
February 20, 2009, 11:59 PM

well i dont think we have seen the last of it... i'll wait untill luffy is out before making an opinion.. there hasn't been any real fight yet.

also they are going inside currently .. not breaking out..

gustcafe
February 21, 2009, 12:07 AM
I dont think they are weak though. The bulgori are at least as strong as buggy and they seem to be of the lower level guardians of impel down. While it doesnt seem much, having god knows how many guards who can take 20mil (IDK exact number) worth pirates is pretty good. After that they have mutated beasts, minoanimals, and other such creatures makes ID quite a prison.
Magellan and the other higher ups in ID seem to be quite strong also. I dont really think luffy and co can actually take him down at the time given that magellan doesnt really need to move to fight, he just has to stand around a sweat or something and his oponents would end up poisoned. Also it is clear that the guards in ID can somehow deal with supernova and shichibukai level pirates, there us a reason jimbei, crocodile and ace are still prisoners.

For the time being I dont think luffy will fight magellan, I think luffy will pull of some sort of lucky miraculus scape or somehow Mr 1 will help them. Probably given that Mr1 is made out of metal he is inmune to some of magellans forms of poison.

if u try to search on older posts, u will find someone stated that rubber will harden itself (or probably dense itself) if it gets heated at certain temperature..it's kinda logical to me..so my guess is it won't be a super miraculous escape. it would be just like when luffy vs Boa's petrification glare of love, no effect (and yet we'll see his super stupid naive face again, hahahaha). so Magellan will get beaten in 1 chapter by luffy (mr.1 would likely help..but think if Magellan also can secrete a rustic acid poison, now that would make mr.1 look weak)

Epikhigh
February 21, 2009, 12:09 AM
WHaaaat.... boa is leaving ID ??

NOoooooooooo...... :(

I loved the epic entrance of Magellan though !

gogo luffy...!

gustcafe
February 21, 2009, 12:22 AM
yes, its epic, and somewhat reminds me of Hell King from Dragonball, hahaha..

For Boa, probably she HAS to leave, otherwise, there might be a great chance for her to be suffering from fight (considering the state luffy are in to)

i do really wait the moment that Oda change to another scene other than ID, at least 3-4 pages, i dunno, maybe picturing the situation beteween Kaidou & Shanks, or position where WB is, or probably just a glimpse of what the other SH's been doing..miss them already hahaha

d3death
February 21, 2009, 12:40 AM
what about Magellan's devil fruit?
it kindda seems logia.. unless poison comes out of his body like sweat..

but whatever he is.. how is luffy gonna punch him? :s
luffy is not immune to poison.. maybe Magellan will need to go to washroom giving luffy chance to escape.. or maybe we will finally see luffy's haki help him in fight.

gustcafe
February 21, 2009, 12:53 AM
if u try to search on older posts, u will find someone stated that rubber will harden itself (or probably dense itself) if it gets heated at certain temperature..it's kinda logical to me..so my guess is it won't be a super miraculous escape. it would be just like when luffy vs Boa's petrification glare of love, no effect (and yet we'll see his super stupid naive face again, hahahaha). so Magellan will get beaten in 1 chapter by luffy (mr.1 would likely help..but think if Magellan also can secrete a rustic acid poison, now that would make mr.1 look weak)

like i said in here...if the facts are true, then it should be no problem for luffy..just try to lit fire near rubber, look how it reacts..getting split?yes, but if u touch both end of the splitted part, it will be harder than the other part of the rubber (at least i've tried to prove it lol), which means getting more dense, so poison will be even harder to penetrate

Oda is quite Physics if it comes to element & type thingy, it wont go against it (so far, buat over the edge, always, hahaha)

ascalon
February 21, 2009, 04:14 AM
I think the warden is a logia type.

Rotten The Wizard
February 21, 2009, 04:30 AM
IMO there is more to ID than meets the eye. Luffy will beat Magellan and I cant imagine him strolling his way through the rest of this mission.
ID has a trump card, I cant wait till Oda reveals that

Rockin' bookworm
February 21, 2009, 04:38 AM
Hi to you all,

i'm new at posting, but not new at one piece.
Have you noticed, that (in my opinion) Luffy used haki in the current chapter to avoid Magelan's first attack?
This seems clear to me, if you take a look at the top right picture on the last double page. There is clearly a shape of a fast moving object (Magelan's poison ball) above Luffy's head. Luffy couldn't possibly see it, but reacted and evaded it.
What ya think?

neomaster121
February 21, 2009, 05:17 AM
Hi to you all,

i'm new at posting, but not new at one piece.
Have you noticed, that (in my opinion) Luffy used haki in the current chapter to avoid Magelan's first attack?
This seems clear to me, if you take a look at the top right picture on the last double page. There is clearly a shape of a fast moving object (Magelan's poison ball) above Luffy's head. Luffy couldn't possibly see it, but reacted and evaded it.
What ya think?

you know i think your right

didn't know the king haki could be used for detecting danger like that
and i say haki because as RB posted (welcome to MH) that attack was landing straight for luffys head a bit of haki quite brilliant addition from oda been waiting for it to rear its head

Rotten The Wizard
February 21, 2009, 05:54 AM
damn he is right

But then again why did he get bitchslapped by minotaurus if he has that ability?

Razh
February 21, 2009, 06:10 AM
That wasn't Haki. It's Luffy's battle reflexes.
It's hardly the first time Luffy avoided an attack he didn't exactly see coming.

Easy with the Haki prediction. I mean, it could be, but that would mean that he's been using it for a while now.

monkey D luffy
February 21, 2009, 06:14 AM
lol luffy goes: "a jelly poop"
i think he is right considering the warden is spending half a day in the toilet and he hasnt gone for some time now. :p

that episode was both epic and failing i mean there wasnt much new things here besides plans and puns about each other, bon clay is saying some idiotic stuff then baggy goes who you call big nose!! and bon clay replies how did you understand that from what ive said?!?!?! cracked me up.

magellan chair made me choke too, closed chair with window on the back hilarious. the only thing i didnt understand here is mr1 why was he introduced now? if magellan is really logia how can he mr1 possibly help? even as guide he wont do much because of his personality (he didnt want to leave anyway)

damn he is right

But then again why did he get bitchslapped by minotaurus if he has that ability?

i guess it is because that cow wat too fast, i mean he was able to dodge the first attack but before he was abale to even look up the cow was behind him. even that snake lady wasnt able to keep up with him when he went gear 2nd. then again he probably didnt use mantra mode haki against the cow. (i refuse to say minotaurus cuz its a long word and he doesnt look like one)

maxikki
February 21, 2009, 08:37 AM
i wonder why mr. one attacked the other prisoners?, i'd be interesting if he helps buggy and mr3 fight the minoanimals and sadi-chan.

Akainu
February 21, 2009, 09:02 AM
Buggy and Mr.3 wanted to go up again so it's more likely they will meet Hannyabal isn't it? he's the one guarding the stairs to level 3.

Oh and Mr.1 only attacked one prisoner - the one that tried to flee and thought Das Bones was in his way while it was just the opposite situation...

I wonder how he will tie into the story through ... do we know where on this neat map Oda gave us he is?

Lord Rayleigh
February 21, 2009, 09:13 AM
I think the warden is a logia type.

A lot of people changes their mind (they were first thinking he was a paramecia) because they have seen poison on him linked to his normal body.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/531/12/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/18-19/

But it doesn't proove at all he is a logia. I'll give you this picture to show you that the man hitting by the hydra poison just looked the same way as Magellan when he uses poison. So, it has nothing to do with a logia aspect : this is just poison (the element) on him. So, a paramecia who can create element can have the same look if he is covered with his element.

But what disturbs me the most about a supposed paramecia DF is this Hydra Attack. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/531/10-11/
As far as we know, the paramecias who can create element cannot control it as well as a logia type. I mean only Logia are able to create element with animal forms and making it moving as animals (remember Eneru with his drum attacks). Moreover, Magellan doesn't need to move a little part of his body to control his hydra attack while Mr 3 for example need to move his arms to control the wax direction.
So this picture looks like more a logia attack than a paramecia attack.

The problem is that he will be too strong as a logia ... And I thought Haki should be an answer for NW, not 1st part of GL.

Xenos3421
February 21, 2009, 01:33 PM
Hey its been 4 hours since Luffy's got there, maybe we're reaching the end of Magellen's active time before he has to use the toilet!

That would be so funny if the fight gets interrupted with a poop joke! YES!

cheaptrick
February 21, 2009, 01:35 PM
i think mr 1 attacked that prisoner because he was hit in the head by him (while he was trying to make his way between the other prisoners).

i agree with razh for the haki thing, i think it's just luffy's super reflexes kicking in : normally he wouldn't avoid unexpected blows all right, but this time he just NEEDED to avoid it because it could have been a 1 hit-death blow, kinda like marygold's acid's spit or crocodile's "la spada"; beside it would be just too lame to have luffy poisoned so casually before the fight even begin, wouldn't it?

Tsukisama
February 21, 2009, 01:39 PM
A lot of people changes their mind (they were first thinking he was a paramecia) because they have seen poison on him linked to his normal body.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/18-19/

But it doesn't proove at all he is a logia. I'll give you this picture to show you that the man hitting by the hydra poison just looked the same way as Magellan when he uses poison. So, it has nothing to do with a logia aspect : this is just poison (the element) on him. So, a paramecia who can create element can have the same look if he is covered with his element.

But what disturbs me the most about a supposed paramecia DF is this Hydra Attack. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/531/10-11/
As far as we know, the paramecias who can create element cannot control it as well as a logia type. I mean only Logia are able to create element with animal forms and making it moving as animals (remember Eneru with his drum attacks). Moreover, Magellan doesn't need to move a little part of his body to control his hydra attack while Mr 3 for example need to move his arms to control the wax direction.
So this picture looks like more a logia attack than a paramecia attack.

The problem is that he will be too strong as a logia ... And I thought Haki should be an answer for NW, not 1st part of GL.

I am not so sure. The last page of this chapter has definitely made me think of Magellan as a Logia-type. It seems as though he drops in as a puddle of poison and then reforms into himself. That would signify him being a Logia-type. Although being a Logia-type will make him very strong, I don't see that as explaining away his entrance in front of Luffy.

ascalon
February 21, 2009, 02:10 PM
I am not so sure. The last page of this chapter has definitely made me think of Magellan as a Logia-type. It seems as though he drops in as a puddle of poison and then reforms into himself. That would signify him being a Logia-type. Although being a Logia-type will make him very strong, I don't see that as explaining away his entrance in front of Luffy.

Then he SHOULD be a logia type considering the dangerous prisoners they have at impel down. The warden would have to be very powerful to balance things out.

abnegativ
February 21, 2009, 03:05 PM
maybe vice chief hannibal help luffy to beat magellan with a clue about magellans weakpoint, so he can be the chief of ID xD

fastfonz
February 21, 2009, 03:10 PM
I dont know if he is logia.. unless luffy doesnt fight him on the next chapter and instead goes into the kitchen, I guess we will find out. However, if he is logia, then I guess its time for Haki to show up, otherwise maybe he cant ingest poison. Maybe he doesnt have skin pores, even the air around Magellan appears to be deadly.

I am divided.. In a way, there are too many logias, but at the same time, it would be nice for the warden to be that strong.

Vizard5
February 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
i think we can pretty much say for sure that magellan is logia... but i guess some people woldn't believe the sky is blue unless it has been confirmed by oda..

Xenos3421
February 21, 2009, 05:22 PM

Except for the panel of Bon clay saying, "look out above you" and the fact that Magellan's squatting like he just landed, the landing smoke from the ground that crumbled when he hit it.

It just looks like a dramatic entrance! And if you look at him it look like he's dripping poison like sweat.

Vizard5
February 21, 2009, 05:29 PM
if you look closer u can see that the "sweat" is coming from his clothes, and is only something a logia can do... and btw yea he is coming from above....

monkey D luffy
February 21, 2009, 05:45 PM
now the question how did he get there? unless of course he is logia and he just floated above them. cuz luffy didnt see him coming from the front

Akainu
February 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
no, in this case, like in Kizarus I am only going to believe in Logia if it's explicitly stated. (btw. to answer on that sarcastic try: unless Oda says the sky has to be blue around a certain island it can also be pink/red/grey whatever - it's his manga)

however back on the logia topic: something I thought about lately was that truly the controle MAgellan has about his ability seems extraordinary (the hydra and all). this lead some to believe he is logia. but imo it could also be that he just has a better handling/understanding of his paramecian fruit opposite to the 'looser' Mr.3 who could not do such things.

the fight itself will imo be short: it's their initial encounter, Magellan is nearing his 4 hour limit of staying awake and Luffy is hungry. I'm not saying nothing will happen - in fact I think Luffy will be poisoned at least a bit, but after that they will enter either the food store or the kitchen maybe by accident and sinceMagellan is eating poisonous food there should be some stuff around.
On a funny note: perhaps Magellan and his cooks are dumb enough that they feed him antivenom and that's what makes him so sick :amuse

Aizen Sama
February 21, 2009, 06:00 PM
Since when is poison a logia?

Schabrak
February 21, 2009, 06:35 PM
Since when is jelly a logia? Oda did not really define what kind of status/material can be logia and which not. There are logia DFs with the ability to liquidize/liquify or be paper too. It does not have to be a "real element".^^

I... would like Magellan to be a paramecia user too. It just shows how much of a power a paramecia ability can be. He would be in full control of his ability unlike 99% of param. users we know. :)

And I'm pretty sure that the coming "fight" will be pretty funny. XD Luffy will show some nice emotions because of his hungry state, while Magellan will get tired and will want to go to the toilet.

Razh
February 21, 2009, 06:48 PM
Since when is jelly a logia? Oda did not really define what kind of status/material can be logia and which not. There are logia DFs with the ability to liquidize/liquify or be paper too. It does not have to be a "real element".^^

What jelly are you refering to? And since when is jelly a logia? And what is the point?

Oda did define what is logia, even though he didn't explicitly say so. Ice is just ice, frozen water, sand is sand, fire is fire, electricity is electricity, light is light, darkness is darkness.
And poison? Poison isn't just poison. It's an animal or plant product. Just like rubber. So it really shouldn't be logia, because it makes no sense.

And I agree with Akainu. The fact that Magellan can make complex forms from poison, doesn't necesarily mean that he's a logia. It means he's really good at using his power. Mr.3 is a bad refference since we don't know how well he mastered his power.

k-dom
February 21, 2009, 06:49 PM
Magellan devil fruit works exactly like Mr3 one which is paramecia. And we have never seen part of his body transform into poison

Anyway I think what is also interesting in this chapter is the guard chamber to leads to level 5 and which will be unguard once Magellan fight will be over. That means that if luffy and bon clay wins they may not have to fight against sadi chan and the demon guard.

And I bet Mr1 will encounter Buggy and Mr3 team before they join Luffy again. I don't think he will participate to the fight against Magellan

Edit : Well I do not see why you say Mr3 does not master his power, he was able to made hundred clone of himself instantly and the chandle stick in little garden was rather quick too. I don't see why it is less good than the hydra

Akainu
February 21, 2009, 06:57 PM

well it could be a natural poison like sulfur or arsenic, but since it said just doku doku no mi in the description it's unlikely to be something else than "just poison"

also about logia... jelly ain't an element, I think that was some stupid people who did one of the movies. so far we only had light/darkness, fire/ice, thunder/sand and smoke.
poison would be a whole new class of logia since it'd be the first canon liquid one.

Onomatopoeia
February 21, 2009, 07:57 PM
Magellan defintely seems like a logia considering the last page but I have doubts considering that he's poison. Then again BB is darkness and thats no element. He also controls gravity... which has nothing to do with Darkness.

Poison was considered an element by Pokemon. Not sure if that helps but it's pokemon.

toxun
February 21, 2009, 09:44 PM
It mean we have to wait till Luffy land some hit on Magellan. If normal physical attack managed to hit him it mean Magellan is Paramecia just like Mr. 3, but if doesn't it mean he's logia. As you know Mr. 3 could be hit with normal attack, but most Logia could evade physical except like Blackbeard who absorb damage instead. My opinion about Magellan still vague though. I also don't know what kind poisons he could extracted. I don't know, but in SBS Oda sensei said if someone try to eat Luffy, he/she will get poisoned :p. Is this some kind of clue if Luffy also had little immunity toward poison? Well he was venomized in Alabasta, is Venom & Poison is different? Venom is natural while poison is unnatural hazardous substance like mercury, arsene etc.

Charlie
February 21, 2009, 09:44 PM
I agree with what k-dom posted, my thoughts were Mallegns curse fruit powers were just like Mr.3's as-well. We will have to wait until next week to be certain, however I thought that only Elemental types could be Logia.

Kizaru is a light man and Blackbeard is the darkness man. Even though Black beard ate the "yami yami no mi", Oda really stretched Blackbeard's curse fruit powers to the likeness of void/emptiness/ space. Hence the whole space/void equals gravity / black hole, clearly Oda intended Blackbeard to be a major player giving his curse fruit such outstanding abilities.

Anyway fun chapter to read, it has good pace continuing from the last couple chapters. Looks like Oda has no intention of slowing down :). I wonder how luffy can fight a poison man though? If he attacks Mallegn then Luffy would be poisoned. It should be interesting how Oda approaches this issue, can't wait.

Can Mr.3 make a candle glove for Luffy to punch the warden with? Hopefully it would be able to last just long enough for Luffy to get a punch or two in. Being this close to the furnace Mr.3' s powers probably wont last a second.

paradoxe
February 21, 2009, 09:47 PM
And poison? Poison isn't just poison. It's an animal or plant product. Just like rubber. So it really shouldn't be logia, because it makes no sense.

And I agree with Akainu. The fact that Magellan can make complex forms from poison, doesn't necesarily mean that he's a logia. It means he's really good at using his power. Mr.3 is a bad refference since we don't know how well he mastered his power.

Eh?

He COULD be a paramecia and he COULD be a logia, but its more likely that its a logia, no?

The characteristics of his fruit seem to have more in common with a logia then a paramecia.

This is ONE PIECE not REAL LIFE. Theres a clear difference there you see. When was sand a traditional element? Or darkness? Eh? If Oda says its an element then its an element.

There are 117 elements on the periodic table..sand nor darkness is on the list. In fact, poison could be if you count arsenic or sulphur as a poison.

Schabrak
February 22, 2009, 04:25 AM
The characteristics of his fruit seem to have more in common with a logia then a paramecia.
Which characteristics? He is able to create a form and that's it. Could be explained by saying that he creates the poison gas and restricts it with fluid poison to create a form.
Isn't Mr.3 able to move his clones to some point too? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/529/16/

This is ONE PIECE not REAL LIFE. Theres a clear difference there you see. When was sand a traditional element? Or darkness? Eh? If Oda says its an element then its an element.

There are 117 elements on the periodic table..sand nor darkness is on the list. In fact, poison could be if you count arsenic or sulphur as a poison.
Fantasy novels/games etc. have elements like fire, water, light and "darkness". -_- Like sand [stone] and smoke they are kind of "natural" things, that can be considered elements in those fantasy storys. Unlike poison, which is not a constant, has so many forms[solid, liquid, and gas] and can be so many things consisting of every kind of real life element and compound.

A stupid argument worthy of someone with 'Aizen sama' as his name and Naruto as his pic, rofl.
A stupid argument of someone with "paradoxe" as his name and trying to prove something without contradictions.

KnuckleheadedNinja
February 22, 2009, 04:31 AM
Great chapter. Luffy need to get some food fast, unless he is fuck.

I wonder what the fourth Yonkou role is in all of this. He is not getting involve in things, yet.

Too bad there is no chapter next week.

gustcafe
February 22, 2009, 04:40 AM
okay, with pople mentioning Magellan's limit of 4 hours and the condition of Luffy's starvation, the next chapter could be a really funny one, hahaha...ARGH 2 WEEKS!!!!!

Vizard5
February 22, 2009, 04:53 AM
so mr.3 is paramecia.. i always though he was some wierd logia.. that opens a possibility that mangellan is not logia, but i still think he is... but i can't really say for sure anymore...

gustcafe
February 22, 2009, 05:12 AM
hahahaa...let Oda answer all of our curiosity, 2 weeks from now!!hahaha

nerevarine
February 22, 2009, 07:50 AM
I dunno, but I have the impression, that mr. 1 has quite an important role in the next chapter.... Like it was with Bon clay and mr.3

r3born
February 22, 2009, 09:09 AM
Lol, I bet the thing Luffy smell was the poison from Magellan. He gonna be immune to his poison, lol. (Stupid idea but you never know lol)

GeckoMoria
February 22, 2009, 10:43 AM
i liked your prediction rockin' bookworm. It did seem Odaish with the jokes and all and it wasn't predictable good job (thumbs up)

anyway about the chapter i thought it was good with all the appearances and the mino- jokes lol mr.1 will play his part but as we know the pattern has been 1 chapter for lvl 1 2 for 2 and 3 for 3 so get ready for 4 weeks on lvl 4 lol

Lord Rayleigh
February 22, 2009, 11:33 AM
Lol, I bet the thing Luffy smell was the poison from Magellan. He gonna be immune to his poison, lol. (Stupid idea but you never know lol)

It might be possible for Luffy to be not poisoned but if he is attacked by an acidic poison - like the one he managed to avoid http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/18-19/ - he cannot be immune to that : he should begin to melt.

Finale
February 22, 2009, 11:44 AM
One possible way for Luffy and Co. to get away with a prolonged fight is to somehow knock Magellan into the boiling pot. The guards would have to fish him out and that would give them time to escape. Also for the escort that will be transporting Ace, I think one Admiral with a bunch of vice-admirals will be in the convoy. This would give us a chance to see Akainu's face before we enter the NW.

Razh
February 22, 2009, 12:22 PM
It might be possible for Luffy to be not poisoned but if he is attacked by an acidic poison - like the one he managed to avoid http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/18-19/ - he cannot be immune to that : he should begin to melt.

Except that there is nothing that would suggest that it's an acidic poison.
There is nothing that would indicate that it's any different than the Hydra one. The prisoner that was soaked in it didn't feel any burning.

I for one don't think that Magellan can change the type of poison he's going to use. That would mean that he can affect his body on a cellular level. I think he's a poison man whose bodily fluids are poison. Thus, his breath is poisonous and probably, instead of sweat, the poison comes out of his skin. And the peeing, taking a dump...
Maybe he can change the type of poison he uses by absorbing some other poison.
But I don't think acid has anything to do with it. If he's not a loga, than he would also hurt himself.

SilversDKRayleigh
February 22, 2009, 12:26 PM
anyony want to agree that some of the SH crew if not all will appear on the convoy to come and get ace but don't know how. any guesses?

Wowzers
February 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
As for Ace's escort, I'm surprised they didn't order Hancock to wait there to be part of the escort. I know they are hurrying over to Marine HQ to prepare for the battle but whoever they send to pick up Ace will have to be among their best fighters anyway. No matter who they send it will be pulling someone important away from other duties. Maybe they already suspect her though, so are just eliminating a possible escape right there.

@SilversDKRayleigh: I think the SH crew (at least some of them) will show up during the war but I think it will be right near the end where they will turn the tide. (Maybe literally in Nami's case! :)

Lord Rayleigh
February 22, 2009, 02:02 PM
Except that there is nothing that would suggest that it's an acidic poison.
There is nothing that would indicate that it's any different than the Hydra one. The prisoner that was soaked in it didn't feel any burning.

We didn't see the prisoner melting after the Hydra attack http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/531/12/
whereas after this attack of the last chapter, the rock has melted as soon as it has been touched by the poison : this last attack has an instantaneous effect. With the Hydra attack, we have not seen the instantaneous effect(s) on the prisoner : indeed the prisoner doesn't seem to feel the effect(s) of the poison on the picture : one of his cell comrade had to tell him he will die which means that the prisonner didn't know what will happen (because the effects of the attack have not begun yet and he wasn't feeling something). So, I think with the Hydra attack, you have to wait some time to see the effects it.
It's like with the poison of Crocodile's hook : it has effects with time.

It's why I see a difference between those two attacks and why I said Luffy cannot avoid the effects of the " rock attack " : it is instantaneous. And I think this kind of attack looks more like an acidic one than a poisoned one.

It would mean Magellan has different kind of poison OR that he can gauge/decide the strenght of his poison attacks (which was similar with the volts of Eneru's attack) (*).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This supposition (*) really looks more possible with a logia, not with a paramecia, isn't it ?

k-dom
February 22, 2009, 02:11 PM
I don't think the rock is melting. It's just that this level is entirely surroundid with the smoke from the blood lake

If he's not a loga, than he would also hurt himself.
That is another argument for him not being a logia. We already know Magellan is sick almost the entire day due to poison

Finale
February 22, 2009, 03:04 PM
I don't think the rock is melting. It's just that this level is entirely surroundid with the smoke from the blood lake

That is another argument for him not being a logia. We already know Magellan is sick almost the entire day due to poison

That is true. We also don't see Aokiji dressed up like an Eskimo because he's an ice logia.

Schabrak
February 22, 2009, 04:58 PM

And Mr.3 isn't burning himself up everytime he uses liquid wax...

Lord Rayleigh
February 22, 2009, 05:22 PM

I give the link of the double-page we are talking about : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/18-19/

Okay, you are right, the smoke is indeed the smoke from the blood lake. But this have nothing to do with the fact that the rock has melt : you talked about the picture where Luffy says " what ? jelly ? poop ? ".
On this picture, the poison is on the middle of the bridge and there is indeed on the background the smoke from the lake of blood. We just see the poison always on the bridge.

Now, I want you to look on the picture under this one, the one where Mr3 says " Straw-chan ! Above you ! ".
Do you see the black hole where the poison was ? It seems you have not noticed it. You'll agree that the rock has melt because of the contact with the poison : you can't tell me the poison has suddenly turned into black colour, can't you ?

So, the rock has necessarily melt. And we have not seen the rock melting. We just see that a few second later, the rock has melt. And there is no smoke because melting doesn't mean always a lot of smoke : this is not burning (remember images of an acid utilisation in movies, series for example : this is the same thing that happened to the part of the bridge touched by the poison. Moreover, here you see a little smoke coming out of the part that has been touched by " acid poison " : the smoke goes at the right of the hole, above the head of the unconscious guard.

So, for me, the rock touched by the poison has indeed " disappeared ", melt etc ...

About the sick case : Magellan is always sick because he eats poison food, not because of his DF. The poison he eats is not the poison he can create, don't you think ? There are lot of poisons in the world and most of them are not related at all. Fire is always fire, so it will not work with Ace if he eats fire food ; but poison is not always poison : I mean it can be really different with not the same kind of molecules. So, the poison food can have nothing to do with his poison DF.
Moreover, we don't know if the Logias are immuned against diseases. For the moment, we just know they are immune against physical injures. So, we don't know what will happen to Ace for example if he eats poison food too. I'm not jure he will be safe and it is the same with Magellan because the poison he eats have " nothing " to do with his poison DF. But I think Magellan would not be as affected as Ace because he is a poison man : it's why he doesn't die.

But this have nothing to do with the rock debate.

Akainu
February 22, 2009, 05:33 PM
Since the weekend is almost over can we (well perhaps in a few hours) extract the logia/paramecia discussion to the Tok? we have almost a whole week to discuss and I would really apreciate it if the one who opens it would summarize the pros and cons and then we could have a poll there too... just an idea.

About the chapter itself, I have to think about Buggy and Mr.3 again. Since Luffy and Bentham are both in the fight with Magellan somehow BuggyDino could be the ones to free Bones right? on the other hand they already freed Bentham so that would get repetitive - which the pattern imo already is - Oda never was as predictable as in this moment with all the Levels equaling the members of Baroque Works :| sure the circumstances were not, but you know with Oda its always the tiniest bits you can be happy to get right ^^

Anyway, Bentham didn't really use his ability to help Luffy go on yet and I neither see it do him during this fight. So which use should Bones have? what could he possibly cut with his powers that we already saw in ID some ropes? perhaps those from the elevator? or will it just be in a fight that he'll be usefull?
[hr]

Now, I want you to look on the picture under this one, the one where Mr3 says " Straw-chan ! Above you ! ".
Do you see the black hole where the poison was ? It seems you have not noticed it. You'll agree that the rock has melt because of the contact with the poison : you can't tell me the poison has suddenly turned into black colour, can't you ?

that's the head of a guard with his black cap or whatever they wear on...

k-dom
February 22, 2009, 05:46 PM
well akainu answered for the melting rock
for the logia point, I will clarify my logic.
If magellan was a logia poison, he would be poison itself. So he couldn't be sick because of poison, should he eat it or not. Do you think that ace can be burned if he puts his hands in fire ? well we already know the answer from his cover story
Since magellan is sick, he is not poison. Since he is not poison, he is not a logia. That is the way I see it.

Considering Mr 1, how will Mr3 be able to free him from his handcuff in this level ? While he have them Buggy may be more usefull than him :-)

Lord Rayleigh
February 22, 2009, 06:52 PM
that's the head of a guard with his black cap or whatever they wear on...
Indeed, I apology.

If magellan was a logia poison, he would be poison itself. So he couldn't be sick because of poison, should he eat it or not. Do you think that ace can be burned if he puts his hands in fire ? well we already know the answer from his cover story
I've already explained the difference between the fire case and the poison case in my last post. Fire is always fire whereas poison is too vast, it's not obvious to know what poison is. If I tell you someone died by poison, you will not know really what killed him (a lot of poison have differents effects on body). With fire, the effects is the same but depends on the intensity of the fire. They are not different kind of fire as there are different kind of poison.
There are differents kinds of poison who have no relations. You have differents kinds of snake for the zoans for example. You can understand that the snakes have different kind of poison and are immuned to their own poison. Marigold bitten by Sandersonia can be poisoned because Sandersonia's poison is not the same as her and she is not immuned to.

So, we could think Magellan is some kind of poison and is not totally immuned to the poisons that are differents. Moreover, there is no acidic poison (thx Aka Inu) ; so for the moment, Magellan hasn't produced different kind of poisons. So, it is still possible he is only a kind of poison as a logia.

And I think he is the " mere poison ", he is the poison as concept of poison, the " element of poison ".
He is not a poison that has other properties than to poison people : it is not derived from something (as some of our real poisons are) and cannot be derived to do others things (as snake's poison which are sometimes use in medicine) : he is the poison only as the toxic concept.
But that does not mean he is immuned to poison who have OTHER effects on the body than his one. But he is for sure immuned to his poison as Ace is immuned to fire.

But it only works if all the logias are affected by poison even if they are logias, what we don't know for the moment.

PS : that doesn't mean it cannot be a paramecia. But with the Hydra attack he controled without moving at all, I think it is more possible that he is a logia.

PaLLl
February 22, 2009, 07:05 PM
As for me his poison looks more like Acid....

Isto
February 22, 2009, 07:08 PM
if poison is logia type could there be like protein logia or carbonhydrate logia ?

i think there was some pudding guy in one piece movie where there was a "all goes race" it was some ex marine officer commander casparde or something he was a jelly man maybe magellan is something similar to it ? was casparde a logia user ?

i have a feeling it's not a logia

could luffy go somehow go to eat then brake to lvl 5 from magellan's room

should not have to fight hannybal & boys or demon beasts only magellan or delude him somehow to get lvl5

Imitorar
February 22, 2009, 07:49 PM
Sometimes the One Piece fandom really perplexes me. I mean, we get a chapter that outlines a full scale battle, and all people can discuss is whether the Poison Poison Fruit is a Logia or a Paramecia? I for one find that the be one of the less intriguing parts of the chapter.

Among the most intriguing is the news that the New World is in fact breaking into chaos. We now know what sort of Yonko Kaido is: the opportunistic, ambitious kind, as opposed to the "let's keep to the status quo" type, such as Shanks. The silver medalists are starting to move, just as Crocodile said, and the entire New World is going to be trying to pick off Whitebeard while he's vulnerable. He's outmatched by the World Government's forces in this war anyway, and having to fight his way through the New World is not gonna make things any easier for him. I hope Whitebeard and his crew aren't too worn out by the time they get to Impel Down or Marineford, because if Whitebeard does die, I'd like him to be killed fighting at his full strength.

Hancock seems to have gone to take her place with the rest of the Shichibukai (sans Jimbei). I guess she managed to get away with her subterfuge after all. Though Oda did leave some clues that Hannyabal, Magellan, and Momonga suspected Hancock, so I wonder if she'll get into trouble at Marine Headquarters for assisting Luffy in breaking into Impel Down. That would mean that she'd need to be taken out, and right before the war, too. So perhaps Whitebeard isn't the only one who may be at a disadvantage.

We mostly had the revelation of what Level 4 is like, and now things are getting truly hellish. The prisoners seem to be more tortured here than they were on previous levels, the whole environment seems even more oppressive than Level 3. With Luffy as worn out as he is, Magellan should be a real challenge, if he can't get to the kitchen during the fight. It also seems as though Mr. 3 and Buggy will again try to make a break for it, since they seem really terrified of Magellan, and that's after having seen how powerful Luffy's gotten since they each first met him. I think it will be they who end up freeing Mr. 1, just as they freed Mr. 2. And they'll somehow meet Luffy and Bon Kurei again, though I can't think how, perhaps they'll just run into each other again.

And then there's the loose end of the fact that the Impel Down forces seem to be waiting for an invasion from Luffy that won't come. I dunno what Hannyabal will be able to do at the staircase to Level 3, unless he ends up running into Buggy and Mr. 3 (and possibly Mr. 1) and chasing them back to Luffy, though that seems to proactive for Hannyabal, he'd rather get Magellan fired somehow. Sadi and the Demon Guards, though, will probably serve as an obstacle for Luffy & Co. after he beats Magellan. To have to go from fight to fight like that should be very trying, and the war hasn't even started yet. I hope that kitchen has a lot of meat...

camil222
February 22, 2009, 09:17 PM
why do you guys think shanks stopped kaidou? i say its because he too doesnt want whitebeard to go to war, but he knows he cant be stopped and its reckless to even try and stop whitebeard.

bittman
February 22, 2009, 10:10 PM
Who knows if Kaidou was stopped, but he was undoubtedly delayed enough to not catch up to Whitebeard, and I say that more from the plots perspective than evidence.

And yeah, I'm with Imitorar, Magellan's DF is inconsequential for now. I don't award gold stars to special people because they correctly guess how a fight would go, because only Oda will give us that. I give gold stars when people predict the plot better. I glow with joy when someone mentions Dante's divine comedy and snarl a little when people wonder how Luffy will beat Kizaru.

Oh and Imitorar, you assumed Luffy will beat Magellan here, I on the other hand believe Luffy will go run around and continue that escaping thing. Putting the Demon Guards after Magellan, given recent showings, seems poor fighting order. Would be like doing Franky's battle after Zoro's in Enies Lobby.

Imitorar
February 22, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hm, that's certainly a possibility. But I don't know if Luffy's ever run from a fight before. It wouldn't be out of character, though, he's always been oriented by his goals, not a love of battle. But if that happened, it would probably start a massive chase, with the Demon Guards, Hannyabal, and Magellan all chasing Luffy down to Level 5. Which would actually be kind of cool. But considering the mechanics of the story, I'm not sure how Luffy could pull off a clean enough escape to get away from the fight, but if Oda wants to go that route, he could certainly have come up with something.

SilversDKRayleigh
February 22, 2009, 11:17 PM
As for Ace's escort, I'm surprised they didn't order Hancock to wait there to be part of the escort. I know they are hurrying over to Marine HQ to prepare for the battle but whoever they send to pick up Ace will have to be among their best fighters anyway. No matter who they send it will be pulling someone important away from other duties. Maybe they already suspect her though, so are just eliminating a possible escape right there.

@SilversDKRayleigh: I think the SH crew (at least some of them) will show up during the war but I think it will be right near the end where they will turn the tide. (Maybe literally in Nami's case! :)

thanks and maybe the final admaril will appear on the convoy it would be a good place to introduce him cause like u said they aren't going to be normal marinies.

JC123
February 23, 2009, 01:11 AM
And then there's the loose end of the fact that the Impel Down forces seem to be waiting for an invasion from Luffy that won't come. I dunno what Hannyabal will be able to do at the staircase to Level 3, unless he ends up running into Buggy and Mr. 3 (and possibly Mr. 1) and chasing them back to Luffy, though that seems to proactive for Hannyabal, he'd rather get Magellan fired somehow. Sadi and the Demon Guards, though, will probably serve as an obstacle for Luffy & Co. after he beats Magellan. To have to go from fight to fight like that should be very trying, and the war hasn't even started yet. I hope that kitchen has a lot of meat...

Somehow because someone says it, this just can't be true... It's the most logical thing to happen but it just can't happen that way...

Although... Mr One does want to be a Superhero (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/408/01/) which says he will help out.

But it's Crocodile that I can't see being nothing more than a hinderance. Remember, he's a silver with Luffy being Gold. With him wanting to be THE Pirate King, he would want to have Luffy fail in some way and take down Ace if he could.

k-dom
February 23, 2009, 02:03 AM
Considering the Kaidou-Shanks fight, I'm not sure there is much to discuss about that. I agree it's great to much know about Kaidou, but everybody already said that. And it would be very disapointing if WB was already worn out after a few battle, if that was the case, would he really be whitebeard ?

Also, there are 2 exits to level 5. Do you think that sadi chan divided her forces in 2 groups or that she put everybody in the left one thinking that Magellan is enough to stop them ? I bet for the second one, even if Luffy should be in full strength if he is able to eat.

Razh
February 23, 2009, 05:16 AM
And Mr.3 isn't burning himself up everytime he uses liquid wax...

Nor did he burn Dorry and Broggy when he binded them. Point being?
His wax obviously isn't hot. If it were hot it would melt.

Vizard5
February 23, 2009, 05:30 AM
i don't think luffy is ready to fight mangellan yet.. i can't really imagine how he can fight him without getting poisoned.. so unless he picked up some "haki moves" during his figth vs the boa sisters, all he can do is dodge mangellan's attacks and perhaps trow random objects at him.. ,i don't think he will meet sadi and the demon guards untill after he has freed ace.. because freeing ace is the easy part, after that they have to get out of there... and then luffy will get some serious figthing power on his team.. (which he really needs)

Spike Spiegel
February 23, 2009, 06:31 AM
I want to see luffy with wax amor x)... I don't think luffy can control his haki yet he didn't even realize somehting like this exists. At this point there is nothing but running and no chapter this week ..come on ????

Katz
February 23, 2009, 09:52 AM
No chapter this week?? geeze one piece is lazy ^^

How would the wax armor thing work? I thought once he set the wax it was just there, if thats the case luffy cant stretch as much as he would want too,

deprince69
February 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
i don't think luffy is ready to fight mangellan yet.. i can't really imagine how he can fight him without getting poisoned.. so unless he picked up some "haki moves" during his figth vs the boa sisters, all he can do is dodge mangellan's attacks and perhaps trow random objects at him.. ,i don't think he will meet sadi and the demon guards untill after he has freed ace.. because freeing ace is the easy part, after that they have to get out of there... and then luffy will get some serious figthing power on his team.. (which he really needs)

i think you are underestimating luffy, he is super strong. in fact i don't think mangellan is that strong at all. it seems that he relies on his DF alot. i mean luffy defeated Rob Lucci, and other two schibukias n i don't think mangellan is as strong as those people luffy fought
[hr]

where are you getting this info from... it doesn't say anywhere that there won't be a chapter this week

fastfonz
February 23, 2009, 11:41 AM

How would the wax armor thing work? I thought once he set the wax it was just there, if thats the case luffy cant stretch as much as he would want too,

I addition to that, the wax could only stay solid three second at floor three, in this floor, it probably cannot remain solid for anytime whatsoever.

yeah, Its hard to wait that long. but I guess there is no choice. Being fair, there is soo much more material to One Piece than to Bleach or Naruto, that Oda probably needs time more often. He covers as much material Claymore covers in a month every single week.

Akainu
February 23, 2009, 11:47 AM
I think Luffy should fight now! while it may appear to be easy to get Ace out it certainly doesn't get easier to escape with your half dead brother and a pacifist whale against a prison full of guards, beasts, silver medallists and torture inside and a whole lot of mariens outside.
That's why I think that the fight - at least in it's first part - will take place 'now'. there is enough time for a second round or a whole diffrent battle... as someone already said it's highly likely that there is an admiral in the convoy and while I would like to see that one certain person I believe it will be Kizaru simply because they still have a bone to pick with him. (and I'd like to see an admiral getting bellamyed :p)

cheaptrick
February 23, 2009, 12:39 PM
that would be funny^_^ luffy pwning magellan and the remaining 3 demon guards (together with mr 1 bon clay buggy and mr 3's help), freeing ace, jimbei and, why not, crocodile, and then waiting for the convoy for a full scale battle against the shichibukai/admirals present in the escort .. that would be a truly epic fight, probably the best of the series but i guess such a scenario is highly unlikely to take place sigh:-(

Katz
February 23, 2009, 12:58 PM
that would be funny^_^ luffy pwning magellan and the remaining 3 demon guards (together with mr 1 bon clay buggy and mr 3's help), freeing ace, jimbei and, why not, crocodile, and then waiting for the convoy for a full scale battle against the shichibukai/admirals present in the escort .. that would be a truly epic fight, probably the best of the series but i guess such a scenario is highly unlikely to take place sigh

True, even though that would be epic, were jsut not gonna get all that action at one point, I'm thinking soon we'll start seeing more chapter's dedicated to the rest of the SH crew and what thier up too and advancing themselves

Randomcircle
February 23, 2009, 01:23 PM
I think he will fight now , Akainu. as we know the ID arc will last one Year..and I don't see more than 3 months for Luffy to escape ID. The following month will be about..WB War , the Development of the Mugiwara (one chapter to explain why they will meet luffy almost by luck..and about what they learn) and the whereabouts of Shanks , Kaidou and the other emperor..

I 'm seeing him losing badly now but escape going to the kitchen smashing Sadi..free ace and then figth for real with magellan..with ace at his side and everyone to admire his power with a bit of admiration like another WB or Gold Roger reborned..

As , I don't want to make a thousand post to explain what , I think..I say for the people who wants to know if Magellan is or not logia or paramecia , I will go for the second one. If , you look back , he is exactly the same as Mr5 with the Boom-Boom fruit..even is breath was explosive..and all is body was explosive..but he was a paramecia

And a thing i am wondering..actually I am watching the OP anime at a really slow pace..(it is my first watching them..) Do you not think Guys that at first the first use of Haki we saw was from the Giant-Ossan at Little Garden..they kind of imbued their weapons with strengh..Before slashing the sea-monster..

Edit :ah , true K-dom , I almost forgot Shanks losing his arms , thx.

k-dom
February 23, 2009, 02:28 PM
If Luffy uses haki in this fight. That would be interesting to have something like :
- Magellan realises Luffy is able to use haki and wonder how he learn it so fast
- Luffy tells him he had a good teacher on his way
- Magellan finally understands why Boa came here

well the bad point is that Magellan probably don't know what Luffy haki level his.

And randomcirle, I think that is just one of the numerous flying cutting technique there is in one piece. And the first use of haki we can see is in episode 4

deprince69
February 23, 2009, 04:03 PM
If Luffy uses haki in this fight. That would be interesting to have something like :
- Magellan realises Luffy is able to use haki and wonder how he learn it so fast
- Luffy tells him he had a good teacher on his way
- Magellan finally understands why Boa came here

well the bad point is that Magellan probably don't know what Luffy haki level his.

i hope that doesn't happen cuz luffy was never taught how to fight by someone else... it's a bit too much of fantasy involved in this prediction

Razh
February 23, 2009, 05:02 PM
What about Garp, who trained him.

camil222
February 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
im pretty sure that luffy will escape somehow to the kitchen, cause sorry but its a little too obvious when hes says hes a hundred times stronger when he eats. maybe magellan will have to go take a shit or something. and luffy will definately not use his haki right now, im sure of it, its like gear 3, they keep the best for last. and luffy will come back, really stronger and hell see that just pure strength wont do it so somehow hell use haki. maybe by luck, or maybe he secretly trained like the gears. but there will definately be 2 fights vs magellan. im almost sure of it. anyway thats how i think its gonna happen.

k-dom
February 23, 2009, 05:23 PM
i hope that doesn't happen cuz luffy was never taught how to fight by someone else... it's a bit too much of fantasy involved in this prediction

well I think luffy admit he learned from CP9 in his fight against blueno.
And I do not expect a flashback with Boa explaining us how haki works.
It would just be a nice way for Magellan to understand that it was Boa who let enter Luffy.

monkey D luffy
February 23, 2009, 07:09 PM

from what i remember garp used to dump luffy in the forest and thats it. he needed to come back himself

Wowzers
February 23, 2009, 07:41 PM
.. i can't really imagine how he can fight him without getting poisoned.. so unless he picked up some "haki moves" during his figth vs the boa sisters, all he can do is dodge mangellan's attacks and perhaps trow random objects at him..

Interesting you should mention Luffy throwing random objects :)

I was thinking about Luffy using "Gatling" but instead of punching the opponent, he could throw rocks. He could punch a convenient wall to break it up into rocks and throw them. He could even upgrade it with gear 2 or haki. Gear 3 probably wouldn't be as good as it doesn't move as fast. He could do the combo gear 2+3 like against Moria but that is too hard on him.

MeramEranomi
February 23, 2009, 07:53 PM
interesting but i dont think that'll happen. luffy never throw anything in any of his fights: he use his own raw power and thats it. in any case, luffy cant beat menellgan until he finds some way to stop the poison. idk maybe he'll find some antidote in the kitchen lol

fastfonz
February 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
luffy its going to get poisoned.. Luffy would fall straight into something like that.. doubt it, but maybe he is developing a poison immunity.. he was poisoned by Croc, he may soon eat poisoned food, eventually Luffy might be poison proof

deprince69
February 23, 2009, 10:12 PM

Garp tortured Luffy n Ace from what i know lol
[hr]

well I think luffy admit he learned from CP9 in his fight against blueno.
And I do not expect a flashback with Boa explaining us how haki works.
It would just be a nice way for Magellan to understand that it was Boa who let enter Luffy.

what did luffy learn from CP9??? All luffy said to blueno is that he is happy to see the CP9 crew so he could test his limits. and he said because of SH running into Aokoji he said that he had to improve his skills to protect his crew from strong people

SilversDKRayleigh
February 23, 2009, 10:55 PM
im pretty sure that luffy will escape somehow to the kitchen, cause sorry but its a little too obvious when hes says hes a hundred times stronger when he eats. maybe magellan will have to go take a shit or something. and luffy will definately not use his haki right now, im sure of it, its like gear 3, they keep the best for last. and luffy will come back, really stronger and hell see that just pure strength wont do it so somehow hell use haki. maybe by luck, or maybe he secretly trained like the gears. but there will definately be 2 fights vs magellan. im almost sure of it. anyway thats how i think its gonna happen.

i could see that happening cause right know he will be to weak to fight and magellan having to take a shit is likely. it would be kinda funny he goes to the bathroom and when he comes back luffy will be gone

Wowzers
February 23, 2009, 11:48 PM
I don't really want him to "escape" to the kitchen since Magellan will just follow him there and end up poisoning all the food. There would have to be some antidote around though in case of accidental poisonings. Probably should go to the kitchen for that as I don't think they bother with much of a medical facility here in impel down.
So:
1. Deal with Magellen first.
2. Go to kitchen and look for antidote supply.
3. Eat.
4. Go down one of the 2 ways down to level 5.

I think Ace will be surprised at the level of destruction ID has suffered due to Luffy.

bittman
February 23, 2009, 11:52 PM
what did luffy learn from CP9??? All luffy said to blueno is that he is happy to see the CP9 crew so he could test his limits. and he said because of SH running into Aokoji he said that he had to improve his skills to protect his crew from strong people

What he's probably referring to is that Luffy picked up how Soru worked by watching them, and thus was able to match the movement speed when in Gear 2. It could also be possible that Luffy actually invented Gear 2 by thinking about how they used the stamping to create fast movement, however Luffy learned nothing from them.

If he learns Haki any time soon, it will be in a similar way. He might get a flashback explaining exactly what Haki is, but even Luffy isn't a complete idiot and even though he was unaware he made some ladies faint (not for his good looks), he has seen it used (Rayleigh, Sentomaru, Kujas) and appears to have some recognition of it as he made Motobaro (Duval's Bull) faint.

Still, I don't think Magellan appearing in the middle of a hot place while Luffy is hungry is enough for Luffy to draw out Haki in the next chapter. If he does use it this arc (and I'm still only saying IF because power advancements are pretty unpredictable), I imagine it will be if/when Ace gets threatened in front of him.

Razh
February 24, 2009, 06:54 AM
from what i remember garp used to dump luffy in the forest and thats it. he needed to come back himself

Garp probably just mentioned the worst things he did. There was probably a more mild training. Someone had to teach Luffy how to punch or kick or avoid attacks while he was a kid.
Important thing is, to conclude some things on your own. That's why we have brains.
[hr]
On the other matter, isn't it possible that the Revolutionaries will use this opportunity to do something. WG is pretty occupied at the moment. Of course they are going to use this opportunity to lessen the WG influence over the world. Besides, we haven't heard anything about them for a while.

There were lot of predictions about ID escape. But I don't remember anyone suggesting that Dragon could intervene to save his son. Yeah, we know how Ace geels about him, but we don't know how Dragon feels, or almost anything else about him.
I mean, the guy controls wind. It would really be a piece of cake for him to take Ace from the marines while he is being transported to Mariejoia.

I don't think that Dragon will intervene in any way but to spread the revolution, but I can't neglect the possibility.

deprince69
February 24, 2009, 07:36 AM
On the other matter, isn't it possible that the Revolutionaries will use this opportunity to do something. WG is pretty occupied at the moment. Of course they are going to use this opportunity to lessen the WG influence over the world. Besides, we haven't heard anything about them for a while.

There were lot of predictions about ID escape. But I don't remember anyone suggesting that Dragon could intervene to save his son. Yeah, we know how Ace geels about him, but we don't know how Dragon feels, or almost anything else about him.
I mean, the guy controls wind. It would really be a piece of cake for him to take Ace from the marines while he is being transported to Mariejoia.

I don't think that Dragon will intervene in any way but to spread the revolution, but I can't neglect the possibility.

i don't think Dragon is worried about Ace since he knows that WB is doing something about it... the only reason he helped luffy is because he wasn't ready to fight smoker, and also i guess to show himself to his son because luffy unlike Ace didn't anything about his father... and also he might do something to expand his territories because the WG are concentrating on WBeard... but they might have taken some precaution before Dragon getting to it.

Lord Rayleigh
February 24, 2009, 08:03 AM

The Revolutionaries will use the weakness of the WG (which will be in war against WB) to conquer more countries, as they have always do.

Do you think, they can pass through the WG's countries to go to MarieJoa ? Do you think they will fight for something they're not involved in ?

Dragon is not stupid, he will not use the Revolutionaries to save his son (this is not at all in a revolutionary ethics). And he will not go by himself as a father because there is a lot of risk : he has already made the choice between his family and his ideals : he has chosen to follow his commitment : he will not risk to die because of his life importance : remember every revolutionary choses to lose, when he binds, everything he had, his social situation etc ... to pass his live to fight for his cause.
He is not like Luffy who chosed his brother side and apologied for the fact he decided to go to ID and not straight to Shabondy Islands.

Plus as a strategist, Dragon doesn't want to destroy first MarieJoa (the political capital) and go in a final battle : the revolutionnaries'goal is to destroy the WG by reducing his " territory " and to create a new kind of political system. Imagine it like a strategic war game. They eat little by little the strenght of the WG with attacks on his " border countries " and fit out little by little the countries they had conquered. They're not people who only want to destroy, they want to create, rebuild.

So, for me, there is no doubt : they will not enter in this big war ; they will continue their work and they will take advantage of the fact the WG is busy to conquer more countries.

Charlie
February 24, 2009, 08:31 AM
Its not a question of "if" for me when it comes to Monkey D. Dragon, its rather when. When will he move out? From the limited information we have on him we know that he is anti-world government, if he does not use this opportunity to either attack the world government when they're at their lowest or conquer more countries to increase their own forces then he would be exceedingly stupid.
What could be more epic than Dragon showing up? The world government would piss in their pants I belive. Whether it will be to save Ace or make his own move against the wg would be unsure currently but, I think it would be the latter in this case.

Andonan
February 24, 2009, 09:57 AM
I can imagine Dragon stepping in to Save BOTH Luffy and Ace BUT only after Luffy has escaped from ID with Ace with Jimbei as their personal submarine. I can imagine a senario where Luffy and Ace are so beaten up and weakened that they are strandard on a beach and Jimbei is barely concious after swimming really fast after being chained up and possibly taking a harpoon or something to the side while trying to escape, then they all three are lying their weakened and the marines are closing in, lets say its smoker again or its an admiral or maybe even a shichi they are finally surrounded and then STORM!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is blown away except like the major evil character who has barely held on, Dragon walks up and says thank you Jimbei, *jimbei nods and passes out* and then Dragon says "you did good my sons"..... STORM! Good-bye all marines and Dragon takes both to SA or to the other Sh etc etc

toxun
February 24, 2009, 10:03 AM
With marine in full alert, kinda hard for him to sneak in. His tactic was ignite revolution in potential nation within World Government, not directly assault the Marine. It was never seen he actually assemble a true fighting army, although that thing is not a weird thing at all. At least Impel Down is not an open port like Logue Town. If he will really make an appearance, he must be had connection within marine high ups other than stealth skill. I think his face are well known within a marine so the possibility is slim. Or he did sneak among one of battleship that encircle Impel Down. The guard of impel down seemed didn't like the marine meddle with their work, so if sneak as marine it's hard to imagine he's already inside :p. Hmm Mr. 3 could make emergency doru ball or even a sophisticated one (he's an artist as he claimed you know :)) like one he use in Alabasta while Jinbei pull them away underwater via hatch that Bullgori use. But first thing first, Magellan must fall!

dqrt
February 24, 2009, 10:05 AM
okay, so i've been reading all the stuff about whether Magellan is a logia or not well if you wanna have information about that, i remember that in one of the movies the one where they get chopper, you know and instead of having vivi they have Robin, well when the king comes back (dont remember his name) his brother is with him and he's a devil fruit user and his fruit is Poison, if you wanna check that out but i only remember that luffy defeated him by using Gear 2nd. feel free to check that out but i think the type was paramecia.

RichardMNixon
February 24, 2009, 10:32 AM
No, that was mushroom spores, Oda probably stops them from using fruits he might want. I imagine Magellan's would be pretty similar though.

Mr.Popo
February 24, 2009, 11:29 AM
Its not a question of "if" for me when it comes to Monkey D. Dragon, its rather when. When will he move out? From the limited information we have on him we know that he is anti-world government, if he does not use this opportunity to either attack the world government when they're at their lowest or conquer more countries to increase their own forces then he would be exceedingly stupid.
It would be a good strategy to conquer new countries, but a bad strategy to attack the WG. The WG forces are currently all concentrated at Mariejoa! It would be suicidal to attack now! Everyone thinks that even WB will lose.

What could be more epic than Dragon showing up?
Everything else! (i have to admit that i don't like him).

Now i try to make some predictions.
Level 4 will last about four chapters.

Hannybal is guarding the way to level 3 and Sadi-chan the way to level 5.
But Luffy never used the way he should to reach the next level so Sadi-chan will be disappointed because Luffy will use another way down, probably the way through Magellan's room or that unknown lift on the picture.
To use the other ways Luffy needs the authorization from the defense forces and that's where Mr.2's ability will be useful.

As others mentioned, the 4 hour time slice of Magellan reaches it's end.
On the other hand Domino mentioned that he is a reliable man when push comes to shove. But small hints are usually the best ones.
And there is no way Luffy will be immune (yet again) to Magellan's poison.
He was immune to Boa's ability just a few chapters ago, so that won't happen again.
So a serious fight now seems out of question, especially as Luffy knows nothing about Magellan's DF.

And i don't know what purpose Mr.1 has if he has any at all that is.

Xenos3421
February 24, 2009, 11:41 AM
Level 4 will last about four chapters.

damn right!

So i looked back, and if you only count the chapters where Luffy was IN the hell (sorry 526); they spend 1 chapter in Level 1, 2 chapters in Level 2 (528, 529) and 3 in 3 (530,531,532) and they were practically in 4 the whole time 533 so..

a pattern perhaps?

Akainu
February 24, 2009, 12:35 PM
another 3 chapters for lvl 4 would actually still be a pretty good pace considering that it's gonna be 1) the fight and 2) reaching lvl 5 /eating and in between we're going to see the others or even some pages about the world affairs/ the convoy.

sorry to say so, but I don't think we will see the Strawhats soon except for the titlepages which aren't showing reality... and until that is finished we might be after golden week in japan :s

Razh
February 24, 2009, 01:35 PM
It would be a good strategy to conquer new countries, but a bad strategy to attack the WG. The WG forces are currently all concentrated at Mariejoa! It would be suicidal to attack now! Everyone thinks that even WB will lose.

I don't get what you are saying because everything that Dragon and Revolutionaries have been doing so far is attacking WG.
Be more specific and say Mariejoia if you meant it.

With the majority of forces stationed at Mariejoia there are a lot of islands to choose from.
I know what I would do if I was Dragon. I would attack that Tequila Wolf island in East Blue, where Robin is now. There are plenty of people who hate WG there and the bridge is obviously important.
In fact, I could even go so far as to liberate entire East Blue while I'm at it.:)

Superman
February 24, 2009, 01:44 PM
I heard no One Piece this week. Is that true??? How often is golden week every fucking 60 days or what????

Razh
February 24, 2009, 01:54 PM
It's probably written on the cover of WSJ.

Just be glad it's not Golden Week, because there would probably be 2 weeks break.

But I guess we have something to look forward to in the end of April.:s

UrbanCW
February 24, 2009, 02:14 PM
iam askin myself if they release the seastone handcuffs, is ace 100% strong? i mean this guy is fire.. and the whole place is fire

man! i can´t wait till oda shows ace in 100% Fire

camil222
February 24, 2009, 02:30 PM
no im sure he wont be able to fight 100%. look at the condition hes in. yes hes a d and really strong but i dont think hell be in the best condition to fight. and i doubt ace is gonna be more powerful with the fire surounding him. like its not fire, its heat. like hes a human first who has a body of fire, i dont think itll make him more powerful.

Razh
February 24, 2009, 02:39 PM
He can control fire even if it isn't part of his body. Can you honestly say that he wouldn't have any advantage on level 4?

dqrt
February 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
No, that was mushroom spores, Oda probably stops them from using fruits he might want. I imagine Magellan's would be pretty similar though.

ho was it, yeah now that you say that it was, well yeah i guess it should be quite similar, anyway i was thinking maybe Luffy is immune to poison because he resisted crocodile's scorpion's poison but anyhow, we'll see, and i know there're lots of different kind of poisons.

Charlie
February 24, 2009, 03:30 PM
The world government is throwing everything they have at Whitebeard. The warlords and admirals are going all out for the sake of defeating/stopping/preventing Whitebeard from saving Ace.
In my opinion this would be best of times for Dragon to attack the world government. I don't know if he is going to come save Ace or Luffy that is a different issue. Oda may have it tied-in with his plausible involvement. Dragon should make some kind of movement near the end of the arc.

In next weeks chapter I think Buggy, Mr.3, Mr. 2 will all be defeated/stoped by Mallgen. I'm thinking Luffy will have a hard time with this one. Perhaps Mr.1 will make an entrance. Too bad there is no One Piece this week :(.

Edit: for all the nay-sayers who say that it is impossible for Dragon to break in. I say no it is not, we are talking about an author who made a boat, yes a freaking boat move on its own, get passed a buster call armed ships and save the strawhats. So nay-sayers please! Oda can and will do what he pleases.

Aizen Sama
February 24, 2009, 03:33 PM
I loved this chapter. It had a great flow to it. I'm still waiting for a real clash. Hopefully we get that in the upcoming chapters.

camil222
February 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
i dont think we will see dragon in this arc. i hope we do, it would make sense but the reason why im saying this is that shabondy is exactly like loguetown. luffy almost got killed by one of the marine (kizaru and smoker) and got saved by a revolutionnary (kuma and dragon). i kno all of you are gonna wine and be like o no we dont kno if kuma was one of the revolutionnaries but i say he was and i say hes a spy in the goverment, and dragon keeps an eye on luffy and keeps him alive with the help of his revolutionnaries, aka kuma.

hahaha, this is way too farfetched and is obviously not the reason, but hey, it would make sense. anyway we gotta learn to open our mind. anyway forget this post its stupid. but i actually think well see dragon in this arc, and i dont mean involved in the story. he could be, but i think well see some sort of flash from him or somthing.

mars0103
February 24, 2009, 04:55 PM
i dont think we will see dragon in this arc. i hope we do, it would make sense but the reason why im saying this is that shabondy is exactly like loguetown. luffy almost got killed by one of the marine (kizaru and smoker) and got saved by a revolutionnary (kuma and dragon). i kno all of you are gonna wine and be like o no we dont kno if kuma was one of the revolutionnaries but i say he was and i say hes a spy in the goverment, and dragon keeps an eye on luffy and keeps him alive with the help of his revolutionnaries, aka kuma.

hahaha, this is way too farfetched and is obviously not the reason, but hey, it would make sense. anyway we gotta learn to open our mind. anyway forget this post its stupid. but i actually think well see dragon in this arc, and i dont mean involved in the story. he could be, but i think well see some sort of flash from him or somthing.

good idea i had a idea that dr vegapunk was a women and was luffy's mom that got shot down. but the idea has one bad point kuma was made by the goverment. kuma good be acting under garps or the ice guys orders to protect luffy

deprince69
February 24, 2009, 05:01 PM
okay, so i've been reading all the stuff about whether Magellan is a logia or not well if you wanna have information about that, i remember that in one of the movies the one where they get chopper, you know and instead of having vivi they have Robin, well when the king comes back (dont remember his name) his brother is with him and he's a devil fruit user and his fruit is Poison, if you wanna check that out but i only remember that luffy defeated him by using Gear 2nd. feel free to check that out but i think the type was paramecia.

well movies are very bad source of information because they are not done by Oda himself (only the upcoming movie will be done by the one and the great Oda) so in movie luffy could go super saiyan but that doesn't that it's following the actual story

and also i don't know why would Dragon save Ace, because from what we know Ace hates dragon and Dragon knows about that for sure...sure he might use this issue to his advantage because world government is busy with WhiteB but he won't go to save Ace

camil222
February 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
good idea i had a idea that dr vegapunk was a women and was luffy's mom that got shot down. but the idea has one bad point kuma was made by the goverment. kuma good be acting under garps or the ice guys orders to protect luffy

umm... where does it say that kuma was made by the goverment? sorry but that would totaly ruin the point of being a shichibukai. and lola did say that he was a pirate once. i thought that he just got tuned up to a pacifista. he might be a pacifista, but stays that he was a pirate once, and weve seen that he could act on his own, even sengoku talked about it.

Schabrak
February 24, 2009, 05:49 PM
well movies are very bad source of information because they are not done by Oda himself (only the upcoming movie will be done by the one and the great Oda) so in movie luffy could go super saiyan but that doesn't that it's following the actual story
Not true... some of the bad ones or one was made by him too.

and yeah, think before posting. Kuma was a brutal pirate before he became the bible carrying Shichibukai... being still brutal at times. XD

deprince69
February 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
Not true... some of the bad ones or one was made by him too.

well i didn't know that part i only thought he is making the upcoming one... but my point was that movies are do not follow the actual story and are not meant to affect the story

Schabrak
February 24, 2009, 06:20 PM
That is for Odachi to decide. Most times they are not canon, but I'm sure there are some examples for the opposite. hehe And many people just think that manga=canon, rest=filler, but Kubo Tide did create the Bout arc for Bleach, which is/can be canon too, even if it's not in the manga. ... Let's get to the plot of chapter 533 and it's discussion. Kuma should not be part of it.^^

Akainu
February 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
Did you just compare the Tite to Oda? wow, and that's the start of the week...
I know there are some mangaka that do such things, but I don't think that Oda is one of them - just because he doesn't even need it. not that it belongs here anyway...

Well from the pose of Magellan in the last pannel I suppose he will be the one to start the battle and because Luffy is in hungry mode I think he will use g3 to get that done fast - it doesn't harm his body as much (if at all) and fits Magellans size (who by the way could have flought to where he is now, though that would make him bat like in his dark cave box and all - Magellan the Batman of OP :darn)

UrbanCW
February 24, 2009, 06:47 PM
no im sure he wont be able to fight 100%. look at the condition hes in. yes hes a d and really strong but i dont think hell be in the best condition to fight. and i doubt ace is gonna be more powerful with the fire surounding him. like its not fire, its heat. like hes a human first who has a body of fire, i dont think itll make him more powerful.

u see.. ace is in a bad condition because of the handclaff´s its like Mr 1 ho bleeds because of the handclaffs...

Eneru took a HIT WITH A Reject Dial and actually "died" but after he pulled his self back to life he was at 100% again

Schabrak
February 24, 2009, 06:50 PM
Did you just compare the Tite to Oda? wow, and that's the start of the week...
I know there are some mangaka that do such things, but I don't think that Oda is one of them - just because he doesn't even need it. not that it belongs here anyway...
Just mentioned, that there are exceptions. Oda > Tide