PDA

View Full Version : Question Time for the top 3 SH's to move up to Shichibukai level?

Rotten The Wizard
February 14, 2009, 09:57 AM
Luffy, Zoro and Sanji

In order for them to make it in the grand line.
Factors
-We're halfway through the story and the Shichibukai are only the 4th powerful force in the OP world

-The Schichibukai only Reign in the First half of the grand line so being Schichibukai level in the NW doesnt mean you can bang head with the big boys

-After ID and the Noble's incident they'll be infamous in the new world meaning they'll have to watch their back. They'll also most likely have an admiral on their tails

-Its been said that there are alot of Pirates in the NW who only fell short of Roger and WB. Eventually they'll have to fight some of those guys.

So considering all those things, do you think its time for them to go up a notch? Kinda like after they got owned by CP9, they bounced back alot stronger.

I know some people may be thinking "OMG Kuma, BB, Mihawk"
But sooner or later They have to get stronger than those guys (excluding BB and Mihawk who I think have a deeper role in the story). But sooner rather than later Because they have bigger fish coming up ahead

bittman
February 14, 2009, 05:16 PM
Guh, generalisation here we go:

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji

In order for them to make it in the grand line.
Factors
-We're halfway through the story and the Shichibukai are only the 4th powerful force in the OP world
Fourth? How so? I understand if you somehow think 7 pirates are less than 4 pirates, or 7 pirates are less than 3 admirals (well I try to understand at least...), but who else? The Revolutionaries under Dragon? Where does it say they are powerful?

-The Schichibukai only Reign in the First half of the grand line so being Schichibukai level in the NW doesnt mean you can bang head with the big boys
Do you say this because we've seen the Shichibukai in the First Half? So they enjoy lording over the weaker places, no shame in that. I would also bet Doflamingo, Kuma and Mihawk spend a great amount of their time in the New World.

-After ID and the Noble's incident they'll be infamous in the new world meaning they'll have to watch their back. They'll also most likely have an admiral on their tails
Quite possibly, though I think it will be Smoker on their tails not an admiral.

-Its been said that there are alot of Pirates in the NW who only fell short of Roger and WB. Eventually they'll have to fight some of those guys.
I imagine the Yonkou are part of the silver medalists, but then again Supernovas will be an example of the new-age's Silver Medalists.

So considering all those things, do you think its time for them to go up a notch? Kinda like after they got owned by CP9, they bounced back alot stronger.

I know some people may be thinking "OMG Kuma, BB, Mihawk"
But sooner or later They have to get stronger than those guys (excluding BB and Mihawk who I think have a deeper role in the story). But sooner rather than later Because they have bigger fish coming up ahead
Just overall: How can we say whether the Monster Trio is at Shichibukai level? Who is the average for this, because Luffy has already defeated two, looks on par with another 2, but would probably get completely rocked by the remaining 4. Does this make Luffy Shichibukai level, and if not does it mean he has no chance against an admiral or Yonkou until he is easily stronger than most of them?

I don't know, I don't get the thread because it generalises. It's like saying all the Yonkou are close to Whitebeard's strength as the strongest man in the world.

Gecko Moria
February 16, 2009, 02:22 AM
People like the Strawhats...they won't be interested in becoming dogs of the Navy. Luffy's dream is to become King of the Pirates he will definitely refuse an invitation to be a Shichibukai, plus he seems happy that his bounty is so high. Also Luffy's belief in freedom is too strong. Ability-wise yes, but because of the SH's personal morals the chances of it happening are very low.

bax
February 16, 2009, 06:57 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the current Shichibukai took the the calling for their own purposes (eg: Crocodile - can move around illegally easier under the pretext of he is a Shichibukai). But of course, they were selected because of their power/influence/impact in the world. Impact here I mean such as the case of Blackbeard, but he is that strong anyway though.

Well power-wise, Luffy for example, is indeed qualified for the title. If we take a look at his streak against the Shichibukai, all the defeated Shichibukai (except Jimbei) were defeated by Luffy. First was Crocodile and then Moria (whose bounty is higher than him).

But even if that, the bottom line is, how can the WG move up someone they want into the Shichibukai just like that? I have no doubt that Luffy wouldn't disband his crew (a requirement for being one) for him to be able to be a Shichibukai. Plus, with the kind of damage Luffy did to the WG, I believe WG is more interested in capturing him rather than offering him amnesty :XD I think the bounties are already enough to "move them up a notch" in the OP world.

Just my two cents.

Imitorar
February 16, 2009, 02:58 PM
There's a topic in this thread somewhere... I think it had something to do with the Monster Trio moving up to the "Shichibukai level" (whatever that means). And somehow the thread seems to have become host to a discussion about how strong the Shichibukai are compared to the Yonko and whether the Shichibukai are strong enough to handle the New World. It seems this thread is rather lost, so I'll just direct it back on track...

This thread was made to discuss whether or not Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji would soon become powerful enough to be on the "Shichibukai level". Not to discuss whether the Shichibukai can handle the New World and how closely they're related to selected Yonko. Please keep the discussion in this thread limited to the actual topic. If dicussion of the "Shichibukai strength" topic continues, then all posts in this thread dealing with that topic will be moved to a suitable thread, so that those who want to discuss that topic will be able to, and those who want to discuss the "Straw Hat strength" topic will be able to. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

EDIT: And the discussion did continue, and it was moved to to this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41558). Not necessarily the topic most suited for the discussion moved, but it was the best I could find. Now, let's try this again, only keeping this thread on the actual subject of whether the Monster Trio should move up to the "Shichibukai level".

Onomatopoeia
February 19, 2009, 10:40 AM
What is Shichibukai level exactly? Their obviously not all of the same strength many are far more powerful then the rest and vice versa. What level exactly would you be talking about. Luffy is quite obviously not of the same level as say Mihawk but could stomp Croc with some water by now.

And to be honest I've always doubted that Luffy would have been able to defeat Moria in a one on one fight without any interference considering Moria's abilities.

But yes Luffy is probably strong enough so that if for some reason he decided to give up on all of his morals he probably could become a Shichibukai. As for Zoro I'd say yes again. As for Sanji he depends on whether you actually considering him and Zoro rivals, as in equals. Which is something that most people have trouble with.

kkck
February 19, 2009, 10:21 PM
I dont think luffy could be a shichibukai just yet though. His bounty is even above that of some shichibukai but I doubt he could actually take any current shichibukai in a direct confrontation (except probably moria).

Luffy vs MihawK? Luffy is like a grain of salt next to him...

Luffy vs Hancock? Hancock is implied to have quality haki and even sengoku acknowledge she was strong. IMO she would spank luffy almost as bad as mihawk would.

Luffy vs BB? Luffy is resilient but IMO blackbeard would give him a world class spank as easily as mihawk would.

Luffy vs Moria? Only shichibukai luffy could hope to defeat. We never really saw moria fight directly aside from using his shadow, if he fights luffy again he would at least push luffy to his limits IMO.

Luffy vs Kuma? Facts speak for themselves. IMO luffy wouldnt even be able to land a hit on him.

Luffy vs crocodile? Gear two would make him wet so he could defeat him no problem. Note he isnt a shichibukai anymore.

Luffy vs Flamingo? Flamingos skills and power are shrouded in darkness, hard to say how he would actually do againts luffy. I will asume he is in the same tier as the others though and he could at the very least push luffy to his limits, if not win.

As for the actual topic: Yes, it is time for all the strawhats to rise up a notch again. The enemies the strawhats faced proved the straw hats were not even remotely close to the level of the second half of the grand line (not saying everyone in the new world is stronger than the strawhats though). If there are plenty of silver medalists below WB and roger, and they are all at least as strong as crocodile, then clearly the strawhats are not ready.

Is it a good time to rise up to shichi level? Of course it is, it never is a bad time for that. I dont think it will happen immediately but most likely all the strawhats will rise up at least enough to be able to survive in the new world and hold their ground againts top tier marines and pirates.

neomaster121
February 20, 2009, 03:43 PM
well kkck says listing luffy against the remaining shichbukai it does show how luffy would fare quite well
in fact with moria if luffy didn't get that one time power up then things may not have gone as well are

i think ever since cp9 oda been clearly showing the crew with the way they can not handle going up against the world government as they do

this was due to 2 things in my eyes

1. just not enough members
luffys plan is about 10 members, now imagine another buster call attack can you imagine 5 members taking on 5 VAs and the rest taking out whole battle ships at their current level

2. they weren't strong enough
Luffy unable to fight after going all out against luuci then zoro n sanji left to fight 5 VA (garp level)

of course this is to say they have to fight like that surrounded with no escape route

but looks what happened now
TB arc,
you had 3 major powers
Moria
Odz
Kuma

now if they all attacked at once it would ahve been
Luffy vs Moria
Zoro vs Kuma
Sanji and crew fighting Vs Odz

it was LUCK that moria pride got in the way and he never attacked with such force

see how from Ennies lobby where they escape to Tb where they all survive on LUCK

then your taken to SA
a step before the new world
the whole crew were needed to take out a fake kuma
then as soon as sen and the other kuma arrived by that only Zoro's mini group would have escaped if Kizaru didn't show up

in fact it would have been LUCK if kizaru didn't show up but of course the crew are lower on luck as they move further into their journey.

From Ennies lobby to SA
its shown that Luffy Zoro and Sanji need to be on the level where they can deal with shichibukai in the new world

Zoro's faced 2 and has been destroyed twice (lol a bit drastic)
Luffys faced 2 1 who isn't even shichi level compared to the new shichi and Moria who he needed a 1 time power up plus life threatinig injuries

as ussop said they are only going to meet stronger and in higher numberd enemies

Again i believe Oda's made this purposely apparent
and i believe by splitting up the crew like he did he can allow the weaker members to get to at least franky's power maybe stronger and get the mid teir franky nico brookes to the level of Luffy Zoro and Sanji

then With haki Luffy increase directly in power to a new level (deffinatly shichi level)
Zoro gets over luffys pain and maybe haki too (i believe he will be fighting kuma again showing he's on the right level)
Sanji well hes a hard one i know people think running like that will make him stronger, but im sure Oda gonna take him to close to the level of a shichukai (always thought he'd fight flamingo for some reason)