PDA

View Full Version : Anime The Anime Thread

Sportgal1
February 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
So, has anyone actually watched the anime? I've heard people say anything from it was horrible to it was awesome. i caught a glimpse and didn't like the voice acting. Would it be worth watching the whole thing or the first half at least?

Also, is there a chance for a second season?! i really hope so. i know the first season sort had a conclusion, but there is a lot of new material.

For those interested, you can download the episodes here (http://www.bleachexile.com/multimedia/claymore-anime-downloads/)

*edit* you can also download them here (http://www.realitylapse.com/info/claymore/splash.php) if the first link doesn't work. thx rukori

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/Claymore/Claymore%20-%2001%20-%20Medium%2001.jpghttp://lh3.ggpht.com/_X7AHT8dI4YI/R2PHfLVTbtI/AAAAAAAAAIA/CXEAwQ07BHE/ophelia.png

rukori
February 18, 2009, 11:01 AM
You managed to download from BE? For 2 months already I get a message that "the free downloads are down indefinitely". A more reliable site is realitylapse.com if you ask me...

PB|Ichigo
February 18, 2009, 06:18 PM
How about you load it from the guys, who actually subbed it?
That would be Eclipse ('http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/projects/claymore'), instead of supporting shitty sites like BE, which take money for work done by others.
Just use a torrent-client like utorrent and you should get the eps. pretty fast.

I liked the anime for it's first three quarters up until the war in Pieta, after that, it was just plain horrible imo.

Sci-Fi
February 19, 2009, 04:38 AM
The last 2 episodes wasn't that great and looked like they rushed the anime only ending. The deviation from the manga started in the last Witches Maw arc episode where they left out an important detail. That being said, the anime was a good watch, even if some events were changed from the manga.

As far as a 2nd season, they would have to throw out the last 2 episodes and go from there or start after the TS. But considering Claymore was shown in the Japan midnight hours (around 2am), the ratings must not have been that high and it might be hard to justify another 20+ eppys. Plus Claymore is a monthly, so you would have to wait until there's enough material.

Unholy
February 19, 2009, 09:42 AM
The anime is pretty good until around epi. 23/24 around the part they are fighting rigardo from that point on they made up a terrible ending, i dont see how there could be a second season since it is gonna take quite a while to get enought material besides the first season gave sort of an ending to the anime unless they decide to discart that ending somehow we wont be seening claymore animed anymore.

Sportgal1
February 20, 2009, 11:43 AM
Just a question, but in the anime, did the luciela and isley end up fighting? seeing the ghost battle riful afte tthe time-skip would be nice too. those are two battles i'd really like to see animated. i doubt that i'd watch the whole series, but maybe a few episodes.

If we're lucky claymore might keep gaing popularity and end up like full-metal alchemist. it had wierd ending to the anime, from what i hear, but it kept on going. even if that happens, though, we'd have to deal with that stupid time-slot it had. maybe it was just the studio, because i think that claymore is pretty popular as a manga in japan (?) What i'm realliy hoping for is an OVA, like with what happened with PoT after the anime finished. I don't think that that's too much to ask for.

Wowzers
February 20, 2009, 09:57 PM
The anime doesn't go that route. Unfortunately, the story deviates in the Northern Campaign and it doesn't go the same way.

Most of the anime is awesome and very close to the manga, but as we go through it there are small deviations from the original story, then the deviations get bigger, still all acceptable, then bang, the Northern Campaign arrives and it takes a sharp left. They needed an ending for the story and as we know from the manga, Pieta is not the end.

If there is a 2nd season, it will have to start "It was all a dream..." just to clear up the deviations. :)

nat
March 08, 2009, 02:02 PM
Like the others said...:)
I was introduced to the story through the anime, and it was brilliant. It had good music, special effects and animation...but then the animation team changed the last couple of episode...It sucked horribly, story wise.
I would advice people to watch it, but not treat the end seriously.

Plus some characters have amazing seiyuus...makes the anime worth it ;)
Hint: Teresa, Riful ..:)

shaula_aelas
March 16, 2009, 10:46 AM
I've seen the anime before I began with the manga and I could see clearly that the last part was forced and hasty. But it was enough to make me interested. I wonder if we'll get to see a fight between Clare and Pricilla someday in the future and if Raki will be involved.

Korash
July 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
I started reading the manga some time ago but somehow forgot about it... then I watched the anime before I retook the manga again quite recently and read to its latest chapter. And I have to say that the anime is really good imo, if it wasn't because of it I probably wouldn't be as hooked to Claymore as I am now.

Besides the obvious plot discrepancies at the end I find it to be one of the best I've seen. It really got to me through the OST as it helped me create the atmosphere in which I could enjoy the plot to its fullest. I already loved the plot and all, but few things can transmit as much emotion to me as good ambient and music overall. Heck, I even like the opening and the ending, despite not being a big fan of j-pop ;). Now I'm hooked 'till the end I guess :_

gernot
July 11, 2009, 07:51 PM
Do we need another person saying the same thing? lol, here I go anyway.

Most of the anime, that is, the part of the anime that follows the manga closely, is awesome. I originally started reading the manga because I saw the anime and couldn't wait for the next episodes to come out. The music is good, and I still play the OST in the background when I read Claymore.

If you watch more than the first 20 or 21 episodes, you'll probably be disappointed. I don't remember the exact episode where they start to diverge, but it's very easy to recognize. I don't think there's any hope of a second season, they screwed it up way too badly. But if you pretend that the anime ended abruptly around episode 20, you'll enjoy it a lot.

If you're trying to learn Japanese, it's fun to read the manga right before you watch the anime. The anime follows the manga very closely, usually using the exact same lines, so if you've spent some time looking up and learning the vocab from the manga, it's fun to then watch the anime and actually understand everything.

Korash
July 12, 2009, 05:58 PM
Do we need another person saying the same thing? lol, here I go anyway.

I guess it just shows the anime is good and had impact on you ;)

I still play the OST in the background when I read Claymore.

Same here, same here... and the only other OST I can say that about is Berserk.

Ichiro Suzuki
July 29, 2009, 08:15 AM
Back in the days when I refused to read manga, I watched the anime. It desperately needs a second season. I don't think they can just leave it at that, without a proper ending. Although, due to the manga being released monthly, it wouldn't be long before the anime caught up to the manga. That's the reason I don't think they will do a second season until basically this is over.

I prefer the manga to the anime anyway, so I don't really care :D.

Quicksilver
August 01, 2009, 10:40 AM
i've watched it all and it rocks!

Avi
August 03, 2009, 08:32 PM
How about you load it from the guys, who actually subbed it?
That would be Eclipse ('http://eclipse.no-sekai.de/projects/claymore'), instead of supporting shitty sites like BE, which take money for work done by others.
Just use a torrent-client like utorrent and you should get the eps. pretty fast.

I liked the anime for it's first three quarters up until the war in Pieta, after that, it was just plain horrible imo.

If this forum had rep, I'd give it to you in a second. E-kudos will do for now.

In response to the thread: The anime was good up until the end. It seemed like it worked so hard to build up the hype, only to ejaculate prematurely.

Hikawa
September 01, 2009, 06:09 PM
The anime and the manga are the exact same thing.

Up until the part where Rigardo dies. Thats when they shift.

rukori
September 03, 2009, 10:46 AM
It's a little before he dies actually, which is even more frustrating because it ruined the perfect way he was supposed to die and made it illogical...

Ultimaweapon
November 22, 2009, 02:50 PM
hi people!
The author of Claymore, Norihiro Yagi, would have intends to make a second season for Claymore?
There is nothing officially confirmed!, nobody knows except himself!
But one fan "Kuroro" decided open a petition signatures this website of Shomei TV http://www.shomei.tv/project-752.html to try to get the 10,000 signatures till 03/31/2010.
Currently has 6,744 (達成率 67.4 %) signatures.
Kuroro also suggests some seiyuu (voice actor):

№ 47 Clarice → Mamiko Noto
№ 4 Miata → Rie Kugimiya
№ 5 Rachel → Saitou Kimiko
№ 3 Audrey → Ai Maeda
№ 6 Rene → Tomoko Fujino
№ 1 Alicia → Miri Fukuzono
№ 2 Beth → Misato Fukuzono

if you would like to see a possible continuation or remake?(Only requires name and e-mail, the rest does not matter) subscribe.
I made a short tutorial, see:

First step - click this button:
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6407/imagem00f.jpg
Second step - Fill in your name and e-mail, then click the button at the bottom of the page:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5082/imagem0102.jpg
Third Step - Fill in the numbers of security, then confirm:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2649/imagem05.jpg
Fourth step - You will receive an e-mail address registered in! (Check anti spam/pop-up blockers in your e-mail if you do not receive anything.) Click the URL of the page and you are redirected to the next page:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1204/imagem03d.jpg
Last step - if see this page, your vote was counted, but you can indicate for who want to collaborate with a signature.
Simply enter e-mail from your friends! who is a fan we can only hope.
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8681/imagem04k.jpg

kinpin1
November 23, 2009, 05:44 AM
How would a second season work exactly (if it follows the manga)? I mean Claire has already fought against Priscilla and is reunited with Raki.

THM Nindo
November 24, 2009, 01:08 PM
This sounds awfully fake.
Especially that the authors usually has nothing to do with the anime.

And I don't see why they would ask the public about it.
They have their own marketing guys doing research to see if this is a valuable product or not.

But, I'd definitely like to see this.
Though, a remake would be much more better.

Or... erase the 4 last episodes (I think) that didn't work at all with the manga and continue the story from there ;)

Cedde
November 24, 2009, 08:46 PM
IF they make one, it would be awesome if they could make a remake of it all and follow the manga. a season 2 continuing from where it ended would be just.. bad.

Wowzers
November 25, 2009, 12:48 AM
Most of the first season actually stuck to the manga pretty well. They could redo the last part, the "Northern Campaign" and claim the first version was all, "Just a Dream". Helen could wake up and make some comical remarks as they do it the right way this time. :)

Ultimaweapon
December 01, 2009, 05:15 PM
How would a second season work exactly (if it follows the manga)? I mean Claire has already fought against Priscilla and is reunited with Raki.

This happened only in the anime, on manga they not fought, Clare also not had a reunion with Raki.
I love to see a remake following original manga and not is impossible, Dragon Ball Kai and FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood confirm.

Kanashto
December 01, 2009, 05:57 PM
I am in love with how the early episodes went (up to pieta) and the sound track and the action is all so fantastic.

I don't think a remake is realistic unless its extremely famous. They may make OVAs for the alternate (real) events then continue.

We can see a full remake in the far future. <3 Claymore

EDIT: Well reading above stuff I think making a pieta movie (because that's where things change, raki goes there lookin for clare etc...) Then starting the second season with the 7 year skip. yes yes : ]

Drmke
December 01, 2009, 06:22 PM
IF, and that's clearly a big if, they were gonna do one or the other I would put my vote in for a remake because there is almost no way they could make a second season work aside from Claire waking up and the final battle have been just a dream....which would be lame.

immortalgamerz
December 02, 2009, 04:02 AM
im going for a remake!

by the way. wow looks like there's still a long way to go with the votes..

killbill
May 21, 2010, 07:25 AM
hey everybody,
i wanted to start reading claymore but i wanted to know if it does have any male characters?? from what i have heard it oly has female characters! thanks!

HegemonKhan
May 21, 2010, 09:23 AM
if you don't mind spoilers....

in a quick-brief spoiler:

Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: massive spoilers below !

Do NOT look at this spoiler until you've read the manga up to its current chapter, 103, or you just don't care about spoilers !

Oh, it certainly has male characters. Before the Organization ever came to the island ~110 years ago, they created male Claymores on the continent. However, the male Claymores were less resisting of using their yoki, and they'd quickly release it up to 80%, in which case they Awaken into Awakened Beings and/or Abyssal Ones. These male ABs and/or AOs could rival the other side's Dragons, but they weren't controllable and would often destroy their own side's, the Organization's side's, military forces/camps. So, these male Claymores/Awakeneds were tactically used as suicide/kamekaze warriors against the Dragons of the other side. However, the Organization still had problems with them attacking their own side, either Awakening in their own camps before they are sent off or actually surviving/killing the Dragons only to return to the Organization's side and destroy their forces/camps.

Well, at the same time this is going on, the Organization's side obviously needs to develop control over their male Claymores/Awakeneds. So, they presumably set sail (maybe there's an underground tunnel... a weak theory) to a remote isolated island to develop controllable Claymores/Awakeneds. They arrive on the island ~110 years ago. They first created male Claymores. Isley's Era. But, they all Awakened. There were 47 male Claymores/Awakeneds. But, most of them are dead/killed now, only ~7 remain in chapter 103. And supposedly, according to the Organization/Rubel, they never made any more male Claymores after that first-single Era of Isley's.

So, they then decided to try using females, as they are more resistant to power, like the power of yoki. Well, it turns out that females were indeed more resistant of using yoki, and the Organization has been creating/using female Claymores ever since, as they try to develop how to control Awakened (female) Claymores.

Using yoki, in what is called the Soul Link, the Organization has finally developed a way to control Awakeneds.

The successful "prototype" of this was Alicia+Beth. However, it took years and years to train/condition Alicia+Beth, and they had glaring combat flaws too, (a fragile maintainance of the Soul Link), which quick-witted Abyssal One Riful quickly recognized/realized.

Well, the Organization took their knowledge of Alicia+Beth+Soul Link, and "incorporated" it into the humans implanted with Awakened flesh instead of normal yoma flesh, thus creating the "Demons"/Abyss Feeders/Abyss Eaters.

These Abyss Feeders were at long last, the controllable (and mass producable) Awakeneds that the Organization has sought after all this time.

However, still unknown to the rest of the Organization, there's Claymores whom have been able to resist Awakening all on their own. These Half Awakens, as they became known as, is the true "holy grail" that the Organization seeks. This is because, in theory at the "end game" of Half Awakens, is that Half Awakens would be just like Awakeneds, able to Awaken and de-awaken at will, but unlike Awakeneds, they would still have/retain their human minds. The "Ultimate Beings or Weapons".

My speculative theory of Rubel:

Rubel is the only one whom knows of the Half Awakens. Is he really a spy for the other (Dragon) side? Or is he really the leader of the Organization and he wants these Half Awakens, these Ultimate Beings/Weapons, all to himself... and has no interest in sharing them with the rest of the Organization....

Raki:

Now, there's also (adult) Raki. He has been trained by the Abyssal One Isley himself, whom's swordsmanship is considered legendary. Raki is now infected-impaled with 2 small rods in his shoulder from a hellcat, so he could use them to Awaken body parts of himself (though we last see him resisting their infectious Awakening properties). But, now he has supposedly been captured by the Organization, and is on his way back to their HQs (on the island), on the very eastern edge of the island, in what was once Staff city. So, Raki can be "meddled/tinkered" with by the Organization too. Many suspect him to become the "last game-like boss" of the Organization.

Friday
April 12, 2012, 03:27 AM
Yes I would like a 2nd Season!!!!

my version......

everything after Rigardo killed was a wishful dream......
we see Clare waking up in the cave and tells the others about it(the last 2 episode of the
1st season...), they all have a good laugh about it and wished it was true.
Then they show the TRUE VERSION of the Pieta Battle.

Clare goes and search for Raki with Yuma tagging along, while the other's sense somebody coming there way.....

ClaFanN1
April 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
2nd Season: Martians from mars come and invade earth, they destroy everything in their path, it's the end...ah wait, the camera is zooming out, bleh, it's just helen watching tv...

haegar
April 12, 2012, 09:25 AM
just to point out this thread was about 3 years old&dead least we again get the phenomenon of "hey there is a new claymore petition - NOO shoots, it's just the old one again" which inevitably happens every half year or so :D

edit: that "updated" in the thread title is a tad missleading :lmao

Goral
April 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
It's one of the reasons we need a moderator. Some threads should be locked, some renamed, some moved and some undeleted (I don't get why limao's thread about making a dedicated Claymore site was thrown out).

As for 2nd season of Claymore, Madhouse messed up big time even though they've had source material and didn't have to show their "creativity". I would love Production I.G. to make a remake or some other better studio than Madhouse. Then it would make sense. Claymore anime could easily become better than manga version if it was adapted by skilled crew and I would love to see that. But I'm afraid that relatively low DVD/Blu-Ray sales and manga sales won't allow it and we won't see another anime for years (probably not before manga is complete).

Shiek927
April 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3937644&postcount=637, Made a giant post on this issue shortly before AS went AWOL....a second season could definitely work, so long as the right steps are taken and, preferably, the manga is already finished.

Goral
April 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
Heh, you should have written this link instead: http://claymore.anime-characters.com/topic/60899/Claymore-Live-Action-Speculation/p3937644/#3937644 ;P.

As for live-action, I would prefer to see a decent Witcher adaptation instead. Live-action Claymore would probably be as shitty as Sucker Punch or worse. I just don't see how anyone could make a decent film where there are only chicks (and in skin-tight clothing). A porn movie would be more plausible but Yagi would never agree to it (I think).

Shiek927
April 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hehehe, I honestly was thinking about it - I've visited Animesuki so many times over the past several years, it's hard not to type it in real quick.

As for the adaptation...that's something I feel Yagi should decide - I feel I could trust his decision, especially since such a decision would be huge and he wouldn't make it likely. He would stay on as executive producer and ensure everything goes as he intended, but the director would be somebody he personally selects.

kstefan88
April 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
I was really satisfied with the Anime and if I hadn't read the Manga afterwards I would have never lerned that they changed the story in Pieta. I want a 2nd season of course, but they absolutely have to remake the war in the North. The only problem I see ist, that, if they are making a 2nd season, there has, since Pieta, never been a point where an Anime could end. We had no rest since then, so to say. Pieta was Ideal, but now I think we'll have to wait for the current arc to end. At least I'd like that because I don't want to end an Anime with hundresd of unconcluded issues - so the decision they made for the 1st season was great. But for a 2nd season they have to redo it.

kstefan88

ClaFanN1
April 13, 2012, 03:13 PM
It's all Isley's fault, if he had spanked Luciela sooner (and killed her properly), Claymore would have some 10 seasons by now...Not just Isley died showing he was a low quality horse, Luciela also became a prank for enclosing main characters in blobs...

That and Toilet Seat Raki made claymore the garbage it is today :deadhorse :ck

Claymore1
April 13, 2012, 07:12 PM
Raki made claymore the garbage it is today
If it is so bad then why don't you just stop reading it and stop posting negative comments about Raki.

Raki was bad in the Anime ending but he has a well deserved spot in the manga right now. He is a an important character for the plot and a badass too.

aizen92
May 07, 2012, 04:42 AM
Hi, I want to know if the anime is the same adaptation of the manga or are there some differences?
Also, I finished the anime, and I want to know what is the chapter that I should read to following what the anime ended?
Thanks

haegar
May 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
The ending of the Pieta fight, as well as some of the cutscenes with Raki in the anime are non-canon. It probably makes sense to take the complete Pieta Arc again starting from ch 50, though you might browse onward a few chapters to find the exact point where things start deviating, sry don't know it by heart just now and no time to look it up atm...

aizen92
May 07, 2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks haegar, I think I will start by chapter 50, to remember the story as I watched the anime some time ago and it might refreshen my memories :)

Claymore1
May 07, 2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks haegar, I think I will start by chapter 50, to remember the story as I watched the anime some time ago and it might refreshen my memories
I would suggest reading all of the chapters, from chapter 1 to the current chapter. There were a few differences along the way and it is a great story, so reading should be enjoyable.

gnut
May 07, 2012, 06:52 PM
I would suggest reading all of the chapters, from chapter 1 to the current chapter. There were a few differences along the way and it is a great story, so reading should be enjoyable.

let me add that there are certain events(info,convos,flashbacks)that weren't even covered in the anime.
right off the head...when isley and rigaldo met before the slaughter in pieta...in the manga it was in an office but in the anime they were in the woods.plenty more especially reguarding miria and galatea...
the anime was so rushed towards the end...in the beginning it looked like they were going at manga pace.then the last disc went from the annihilation of rigaldo to a fight where clare also demolishes priscella...in like 4 episodes.this is definitely a series worth being redone(like hellsing).

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

It's one of the reasons we need a moderator. Some threads should be locked, some renamed, some moved and some undeleted (I don't get why limao's thread about making a dedicated Claymore site was thrown out).

As for 2nd season of Claymore, Madhouse messed up big time even though they've had source material and didn't have to show their "creativity". I would love Production I.G. to make a remake or some other better studio than Madhouse. Then it would make sense. Claymore anime could easily become better than manga version if it was adapted by skilled crew and I would love to see that. But I'm afraid that relatively low DVD/Blu-Ray sales and manga sales won't allow it and we won't see another anime for years (probably not before manga is complete).

R.I.P. GENEON:m3j

ClaFanN1
June 18, 2012, 11:49 AM
I just finish watching Les Miserables Shoujo Cosette, the ending it's just perfect (it's overall perfect as well), much different from a certain series from the same year ;)

Domvina
June 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
On another Claymore forum this came up. (I suppose it does on all of them. :p As a person who loves the anime I get a tad riled when folks decry it. However, I completely understand their feelings having read the manga. I just treat the anime and manga as distinct entities sharing the same "universe" rather than trying to make one follow the other religiously.)

This was my response:

"Having not read the manga I could neither support nor go against their statements. Having now read the manga several times up to volume 19 (I only read / speak English) I now feel prepared to voice a more educated opinion as well as put together a plan to create a season two without redoing or ignoring the final six episodes of the anime.

My personal rules for what I’m proposing below were simple:

1) No “undoing” the anime. What happened happened and cannot be explained away as a dream or some other nonsense.
2) The way the anime ended would need to be stitched together with the start of the story after the Time Skip in such a way as to minimize changes to the story in the manga.

To that end there are five “problems” I see between how the anime ended and the way the manga presented that “ending”. In no particular order they are:

- Too many Warriors survived the battle at Pieta
- Four of the Seven Ghosts go their separate ways/there are no Seven Ghosts
- Clare and Raki are reunited
- Raki, Priscilla, and Isley aren’t traveling together
- Clare “defeats” Priscilla (To me this is more of a minor issue but I know it will be brought up.)

Too many Warriors survived the battle at Pieta
That too many Warriors survived is actually an easy fix. As Miria makes her way back South from the confrontation with Priscilla she decides to check in on the Warriors at Pieta. (This fits her personality as a responsible leader.) She discovers the town utterly leveled with numerous dead Warriors. As she searches she finds Cynthia, Tabitha, and Uma still alive. They tell her that after she and the others left a horde of Awakened Beings attacked. (Viewers of the anime will recall a brief scene showing Isley at the head of a large force of Awakened Beings when Priscilla “reawakened”.) They tell her they never stood a chance and that it was only by her plan to use the half doses of the suppressant that they managed to survive at all. (A brief flashback could be inserted here to expound further on the plan.) Miria tells them she is glad they survived but that she’s leaving the organization. The three Warriors pledge their loyalty to Miria and join her. (A sentiment echoed after the Time Skip when the Ghosts decide to leave the North.)

Four of the Seven Ghosts go their separate ways/there are no Seven Ghosts
After hearing Cynthia, Tabitha, and Uma’s tale of the slaughter at Pieta Miria realizes this presents a perfect opportunity to escape the Organization. She catches up to Helen and Deneve, tells them what happened, and convinces them to join her. The six Warriors then do the same with Clare. This leaves the “Raki Problem”…

Clare and Raki are reunited
That the pair is reunited isn’t the problem. Getting them separated again is. Clare being Clare she would be persuaded by Miria’s argument. Raki not so much. The others would explain that in order to escape they’d need to go deeper into the North to an area ordinary humans could not survive. Raki wouldn’t be convinced. I’d have Deneve, the most “plain-spoken” of the group, call him an idiot and ask if he was trying to get Clare killed. She’d tell him that if they didn’t separate Clare would have to go South and that would mean the Organization would find out she was alive and send enforcers to kill her. At that Raki reluctantly agrees (cue tearful separation, Raki promising to become stronger, blah, blah).

Raki, Priscilla, and Isley aren’t traveling together
With Clare and Raki separated again getting these three together is a snap. As Raki makes his way back South Priscilla and Isley find him as he emerges from the rubble of a town. Priscilla is back to her child-like state and hugs Raki the moment she sees him. Isley explains Priscilla had insisted they find him. Raki is understandably hesitant. Isley tries to convince Raki to rejoin them for Priscilla’s sake but he isn’t persuaded. Isley then stares off towards the North and says he senses the auras of seven Warriors. He says there are still many Awakened Beings in the North and it would be a shame if those Warriors met their end fighting those Beings. However, if Raki joined them he was certain he could ensure the Awakened Beings left the Warriors alone. (After all, it would be the civilized thing to do.) Raki agrees.

Clare “defeats” Priscilla
“ZOMG Priscilla is teh most powerful being in Claymore! Clare can’t beat her!!11!”

I would argue (and have it mentioned later in the second season) that the Priscilla Clare fights isn’t the same Priscilla she would later encounter. Viewers will recall Priscilla calls Miria, Helen, and Deneve fellow Warriors. Mentally she’s at the same point as she was just before she awakened. While she will fight to defend herself she’s hesitant to kill other Warriors. (Remember she didn’t kill Irene/ Ilena even though she easily could. Having rendered Irene a non-threat by removing her arm she then wounded her deeply enough to incapacitate but not kill. Unfortunately Sophia and Noel, as present and direct threats, weren’t shown such mercy.) Not only that but Priscilla experiences numerous flashbacks of Teresa during the last portion of the fight. In that frame of mind she is still deeply terrified of Teresa which plays in Clare’s favour. At the end of the fight Priscilla is back to human form frozen with terror, just as she was when Teresa was about to behead her the first time.

The Priscilla Clare will face later in season two is a fully aware Priscilla who has shed those fears.

How I would insert this into a second season
I’d start right where the manga starts after the Time Skip. When it is revealed who the Seven Ghosts are after saving the Warriors battling the Awakened Beings in the North I’d have the first three “problems” resolved in a flashback then move ahead with the story. The fourth “problem” I’d wait to resolve, again as a flashback, when the older Raki is reintroduced into the story. (This would mean leaving out the scene in the manga where Isley is sparing with Raki at the inn. Not a big loss in my opinion.) Also, I would cover the battles between Isley and Luciela as well as the introduction of Alicia and Beth as flashbacks during Riful’s dialogue with Clare after they save the Warriors from her in the West. The story of Rafaela and her reunion with Luciela I’d inject into the anime either when Renee initially probes the pair or when Clare is pulled into Rafaela’s mindscape just before the Destroyer awakens.

This is what I’ve come up with as my solution for knitting the anime with the manga to create a post Time Skip season two without invalidating season one. I’m sure there are those who will disagree with my analysis and I welcome discussion.

(One other note, in the scene where Sid speaks with Clare and mentions seeing Raki come through Rabona with a girl I'd simply not have him mention the girl.)"

haegar
June 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
gave you a "thank post" for the nice reasoning post but that doesn't mean I like where this overall thought is going :p

Imho, good braincells wasted on trying to come up with the best way to fix something that merely exists "because they screwed up" - there is no way around that, period. Granted, the anime up to the last episodes is pretty decent, granted there surely were some production constraints that led to this mess, it's not like they raped the original story on purpose. Granted it is possible to see anime spawned by manga as a piece of art/entertainment in its own right - but if you do that than that would mean what's done is done and there is no purpose whatsoever in trying to fit it back in with a season2 following the manga. Saying it is a piece of art in its own right and deserves to be accepted as is and in the same breath saying well, now that we established that fact let's see how we can fit it back in is contradictory line of thought.

Guess what we have is probably the result of some executive in production insisting on "their" story getting closure at a point where it was already known that there would be no season2 fundings while the second half of episodes were still in production. So they made the best of it in terms of "their" version of the story and it is a decision you can take but I think there is room to assume it was a decision made not by people giving overly much attention to original storyline - rather somebody did the maths on what a finished story needs in terms of standard plot elements and said "oh well, we have a heroine, we have a main antagonist, that shit at the least has to get resolved than - as Clare craving revenge was her prime motivation we gotta get that in and resolve it ...also, this way we can get in green lasers into a fantasy style anime - I like green lasers you know...:cheez"
.... and so it was done.

Imho, best option would be a huge budget complete redo :mono - slightly more gory, yoma getting red blood not violet ... a bit more harsh as things are in the manga with the early fights and people dying by the score... also really staying true to original in every detail except for adding some slight amount of additional angles/shots of the fights to get them more dynamic and fluent overall than in first anime...

second best would be to redo Pieta in OVA style and after some 4 OVA eps that push the franchise announce season 2 that takes of after the ova eps/ after time skip ... (kind of like with darker than black where the 4 Ova eps bridge the missing content between s1 and s2)

third best would be redoing Pieta in an ova style full length90min MOVIE and then moving on

and fourth would be starting the story after timeskip and correcting mistakes in flashbacks, - also thinking of viewers here who do not know the manga, thus watch season1, and then wonder about the mess afterwards - the multiple flashbacks deviating from the first anime while simultaneously linking back to it would be more confusing to them than say a completely re-done Pieta arc

ClaFanN1
June 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
To this point of the manga there's no much difference between the anime and the manga. Anime ending sucked badly, the last volumes of the manga sucked as badly as the anime. It's kind of hopeless, Claymore has a syndrome to suck at the end :D

There are any clues about who writes the scripts of the manga? With the increasing level of drawing detail I don't think Yagi has time for that?

Yomaslayer 95
July 02, 2012, 02:34 PM
I don't think the manga is going to end anytime soon...:^_^

kstefan88
July 03, 2012, 05:23 AM
To this point of the manga there's no much difference between the anime and the manga. Anime ending sucked badly, the last volumes of the manga sucked as badly as the anime. It's kind of hopeless, Claymore has a syndrome to suck at the end :D

There are any clues about who writes the scripts of the manga? With the increasing level of drawing detail I don't think Yagi has time for that?

It may be my imagination, but may it be that you, for whatever reason, have started to bash the Manga some time ago? Don't get me wrong, if you don't like it, its your problem, but I'd say that no one here cares about that. Maybe you should just enjoy a break from the Manga, so you may be able to like it again. Or you just completely drop it. But if you can't get yourself to like it again, there is no reason for you to be here. Sorry for the harsh words, but it is how it is.

BleachFan2010
August 16, 2012, 09:51 AM
I thought the Anime was Awesome. I watched it before i read the Manga so i didnt really know that there was a difference at the end. I would love to see a second season of Claymore it would be awesome ^^