PDA

View Full Version : Gold Knight's Ten Comments (Bleach 243)

Gold Knight
September 16, 2006, 06:42 AM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6901/00by5.jpg
Ready for quite the show, kids?

Surprise! What's this? Yep, I'm doing a Bleach Ten Comments first this weekend for a change. Though, don't start thinking I've started liking Bleach better than Naruto (though I do like it a lot) - I'm also anxious to do Naruto and OP as well. It's only because Binktopia was the quickest scanlation group to deliver some high-quality images this time out of the groups working on the "Big Three" that I decided to go ahead with Bleach 243. Right now I'm also trying to get these reviews out as quickly as possible. I hope Naruto fans won't be upset as I know there are some anxious to hear from me for that one, but these Comments will be coming soon later in the weekend, I promise, as soon as I get some nice images.

Anyway, so - here goes. Again, a thanks to Binktopia for their terrific early scanlation, which I enjoyed a lot (although the grays were a little too dark for my tastes at times), and also to Pocketmofo and Yoshitsune for translating for us this week. My first reading experience was also rigor mortis' nicely done MQ scanlation, which I very nearly used for this review, but Binktopia's just happened to come out while I was working on this review. Now, without further ado, please enjoy, and feel free to comment as always!

* * * Gold Knight's Ten Comments on Bleach Chapter 243: The Knuckle and the Arrow. * * *

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1041/01zz3.jpg
Where's the string to this darned thing?

1. Spirit Bow? More like Star Bow. Oh, whoa. So Ishida's new bow was indeed star-shaped - I had previously thought at the end of the last chapter that it was still being formed and haven't finished! Interesting.

Well, I'm glad Tite Kubo decided to do something else other than the traditional bow here, because I always thought that - despite archers being cool in my book - in the modern world, bows aren't so intimidating-looking. I mean, who would you rather be - the American superhero known as Green Arrow with a bow and a quiver full of trick arrows, or the Marvel character Punisher, who isn't afraid to use guns at all - in a fight to the death?

But "Ginrei Kojaku" is definitely something else. Looks like he could shoot comets with that thing! Definitely an improved, more impressive design. I'd love to have a bow like that, as long as it didn't burn my hands off!

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/397/02cj2.jpg
BOOM!

2. Big Bang! While cool-looking, this is not the first time Ishida has delivered massive blasts with his bow before. I wonder just how stronger his arrow was here compared to when he sliced Mayuri's ban kai (http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9307/mangarainbleachch12603cg9.png) in half.

Hmmm... well, since it didn't obliterate Iceringer, I guess, his new bow is still not in the same category. But considering Ishida was using a forbidden Quincy technique against Mayuri that essentially pushed his powers to the max, I guess he was a little more god-like then, and also suffered a big price for it. I suppose Ishida would be content just to have a boost in powers without suffering the same setback as long as it would accomplish his objectives just fine.

Sidenote: The look of the projectile here was somewhat weird. It looked as though when Ishida launched the arrow , much like a rocket, it shed some excess weight in order to achieve even more powerful speeds. Hmmm...

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2601/03ti9.jpg
Don't mind me.. I'm nobody special. Really.

3. Yay, A Profile Cover! This is where I think Tite Kubo out-does every other manga artist out there, and it's character profiles as covers. I love the way he designs them with the characters' names in the background. They're just awesome.

Here, he does a totally appropriate Ishida cover. That would just be like him to write his name out so neatly, and to look like a preppy student. And then pose with his Quincy cross and looking rather eccentric while doing so. Very nice.

In case you guys were wondering, now the only major characters left where we haven't gotten this type of cover with so far are: Chad (I'm sure that one's coming up, though!), Rukia (surprisingly), Isshin, Ryuken, Komamura (the last Captain to not have a cover yet, even his vice captain, Iba, has one!), and Urahara (can't wait for that one). Wonderwice will probably get one in due course, too. Of course, there are a lot of vice captains as well. Hope we'll get to see them all soon. Especially Komamura's, as I'd like to have a complete collection of Captain covers, heh.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3647/04qo5.jpg
Talk about adding insult to injury...!

4. Dissin' Time! Last chapter we got to see Chad do something truly unusual: he knocked Ichigo clear across the room with a hit to the head with his elbow.

Now this time, we see him actually resorting to taunting his opponent. In the past, he's always been rather stoic in battle and muscling his way through anyone trying to stop him. He usually exhibited a fierce confidence that literally guaranteed that he would win any battle, but he was always serious. Now this time, he seems almost to have a droll sense of humor, being more amused by his opponent than anything else.

Yup, Chad's changed - hopefully not too much, though. I liked him before, when he was a little more quiet. Perhaps this time he just recognized that the best way to keep the dumb brute unfocused was by making him even angrier (something Spider-Man excels at doing to his enemies). If that's the case, I have no problem there.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4300/05pt2.jpg
*Yawn*

5. Chad's New Nickname: Armstrong. Always knew Chad was stronger than a human being ought to be (anybody remember when he pulled that telephone pole out of the ground? Heh) - so I wasn't too surprised to see him able to effortlessly stop Demoura's punch with a uplifted hand.

At least if Ichigo ever wants to move now, he has a friend who could probably carry his house to the new locale. No sweat...!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4482/06fm3.jpg
What fun! Where's the finish line?

6. Playing Cat and Mouse. Of course as we would find out, Chad wasn't the only one taunting his opponent. We immediately see Ishida doing basically the same thing to Iceringer as he easily keeps up with the fleeing Arrancar with his Hirenkyaku.

Last week I had questioned if Iceringer really was all that smart, and whether he really chose his form or not. This chapter would seem to have confirmed that he really wasn't all that bright. Although, in his defense, I suppose that Quincys, having been nearly eliminated to a man, wouldn't be a major concern of Hollows anymore, but Iceringer certainly didn't seem to care about finding out. A smarter opponent would probably have wanted to know more in order to better analyze the situation.

Oh well, can't blame Iceringer for being a little spooked. That arrow back there sure did look pretty scary.

These two Arrancar sure did pick the wrong fight.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6954/07mf2.jpg
GRRAH! Suffer my wrath!

7. Iceringer's Last Stand. Well, guess Iceringer didn't really have any other choice but to try to retalite, although I wonder why he ran off so quickly if he felt that he could overwhelm Ishida with his 'Una Tirantel.' I guess he probably didn't want to take any chances and was hoping to get some more back-up instead...

Just gotta comment on Iceringer's appearance here - he really does seem like something out of a nightmare. I think he's the coolest designed Hollow so far, but I think that may just be me. It's too bad he'll probably be an afterthought soon enough.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2245/08kz1.jpg
Who needs a fully-automatic firearm...!

8. One-Man Massed Archery. Boy, if Ishida can get off 1200 arrows at once, he sure would have been useful as a castle guard in the old days, especially against an invading army. Wonder if Quincys got their start that way. Heh.

Somewhat even unfair. How could Ichigo fight off Ishida now? Well, I suppose Ichigo has been through worse with Byakuya's Senbonzakura and survived, but oh boy! Ichigo won't have an easy time if he ever has to face off against Ishida again, unless he uses his ban kai, of course.

Bye-bye, Iceringer! Nice knowin' ya!

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5889/09um1.jpg
Going for a lickin'....!

9. Demoura the Frog-Man! Hey! Didn't know Demoura was a fan of X-Men the movie! He sure must have liked Toad. Well, I was being a little prophetic with my last caption from last week's Comments, because Demoura sure did want to lick Chad here.

That tongue looks like it could have gone through a steel wall, though. I think that was actually more impressive of Chad to stop it single-handedly than when he stopped Demoura's fist. Reminds me a bit of when Aizen stopped Renji's sword.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9915/10jy2.jpg
Mike Tyson, eat your heart out!

10. Chad for the Win! As a fan of Chad, I must admit this last double spread had me totally pumped up! Fun to see Chad finally improving on his powers and get his due for a long overdue impressive victory. I'm still curious to find out more about where exactly his arm comes from, though, as well as Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka.

Well, I have to say, this chapter was incredibly easy to comment on. Just a whole lot of fun action so I didn't really have to think too deeply on anything. I'll say this, though - Chad and Ishida both did deserve a chapter like this where they belong in the spotlight. They were both pretty banged up after the Save Rukia storyarc, so it's good to see them both back in action.

RATING: 4 out of 5 stars. Again, Action-packed, but not much story. Fun chapter, though.

Predictions: I'm sure we'll be seeing the three resume their journey. I was pretty surprised, though, to see the fight continue this long. I thought it was going to be over in two pages.

Credits: Thanks to Binktopia again.

Hope you enjoyed, and looking forward to seeing what you think!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/520/finbh8.jpg
Don't just sit there slack-jawed! Comment! XD

Adam_xx
September 16, 2006, 06:54 AM
Will comment on your comments later on GK, my internet's being a bitch at the moment, sorry.. xD

But I though that it was 1020 shots or something like that? Or maybe what I read was just a typo...?

Gold Knight
September 16, 2006, 07:11 AM
Hm, don't know myself... 1200 sounds more right though.

ibra87
September 16, 2006, 08:44 AM
Nice comments GK.
I also find it great that Chad and Ishida are finally getting some attention, but I certainly hope Ishida'll show us something more interesting than 1200 shots. From what I know, he's always been able to shoot so many arrows at the same time, like he did to the shinigami who wanted to kill Orihime.

Luckas
September 16, 2006, 09:28 AM
Great comments, it's really hard finding anything to comment, you already said everything. :eyeroll Oh, well; I'll try.:D

1) I don't know maybe because I can't find a clear image of the bow, but I don't think it is so impressive.

2) Surely, the result of that shot doesn't seem impressive; but we don't know the real power level of this 2 Arrancars.

4) You are absolutely right, Chad is acting strangely and I really can't imagine way. Maybe he thinks to became stronger he has to change also his attitude, that's the only thing I can think.

5) Impressive strenght, I liked that scene; Chad was very cool.

6), 7), 8) Nice fight, but not very impressive.

9) Strange attack.

10) I wonder if I am the only one, who doesn't understand how is the new Chad's attack?

midnight789
September 16, 2006, 10:43 AM
I thought Ishida's new bow is pretty impressive (Ishida's my fav char tho, so that might have a bit to do with it). In that pic where he shoots his first arrow, it reminded me of a cannon. Anywho, I just wanted to comment that did anyone else notice that the design on chad's arm resembles the design on deimura's face? (which makes sense considering that urahara stated that chad's powers are hollow like, and deimura was a hollow)
I'll try to post a good pic showing the design on Deimura's face.

10) I wonder if I am the only one, who doesn't understand how is the new Chad's attack?

The thing I noticed is that the top of chad's arm opens up before he attacks. I'll try to post pics of that too.

Edit: I found a good pic of deimura's face, and I found a pic of chad's arm, I circled where the top of his arm is opened up and charging for his attack.

kiddo7
September 16, 2006, 11:57 AM
Well this weekend is going to be a good one. I get 10 comments this early!
1.) I have said it in many of my previous comments but I will say it again, I LOVE the subtitles you assign to the pictures. And as to your first comment, I agree with everything you said, once again I have nothing to add to it. THe caption for the fram above it, on the other hand, Is exactly what I was thinking. Where the heck is the string??? I really can't blame ichigo for asking if it is a bow, I would not have been shure what it was myself. I mean where I come from bows usually have a string to provide some tension and to propell the projectile forwards. Then again since this is a spirit bow it does not necessarily have to follow the laws of physics.

4.)Chad, definitely one of my favorite characters. Maybe my onpinion is biased because I always try to come up with excuses for my favorite characters rather than beleive that theyare becoming untrue to themselfs. I like to call it character developement rather than acting OOC. Here are my views on Chad, and I know that they fall short of expalinging everything but this is just a fledgling thought process so accompany me like a grizzly (you know, bear with me ;-0). Anyway, let us say that up untill the rescue rukia ark, chad did most of his fighting out of instinct or rather a sense of obligation. What I am trying to say is that he really did not put any emotion into it because it never really affected him on that level. all his opponents where incredibly weak compared to himand the people he was protecting where maybe not that important to him or not in that big danger (I might be slightly off on that one). Then in the Rescue rukia arc he had just obtained his new power and he was fighting creatures he just recently found out existed. and the reson for his fighting, mostly again, a sense of duty, this time towards ichigo. as rukia was virtually still a stranger to him. And third he really had no grudge against the people of soul society. I will atribute his reserved nature during fights to the fact that he was concentraating very much and he was feeling his way around. trying to figure out the limmits and capabilities of his arm and trying to see how far the shinigami would go and what they where capable of. After that we know what happened, he got his ass handed to him and then witnessed Ichigos tremendous increase in power. After this he went through a time period where he was temporarrily out of the protecting others business, he was the one being protected. This is probably the first time in his life that he felt helpless and inferior. Now however, things have changed; He has had extensive training with Renji and his bankai. I think it is fair to say that Chad is now intricately familiar with all the limits of even his improved powers. He has, during the rescue rukia arc, developed a personal relationship with rukia and he still has his promise to fight for ichigo. He actually does have a grudge against hollows. He knows they are without a doubt the bad guys. In short, he is wicked pissed and this time it is personal. The taunts just show that he is here to punish and obliterate, they are a controlled outlett of deep seated supressed emotions. I do not think that it is unfitting for him. And I like him now just as much as i liked him in the begining.

5.) this scene kinda reminds me of the time ichigo stopped the gatekeepers ax.

6.)Love your comments on this one too "where's the finnish line FTW" ha ha ha >) Ishida is always fun to when he is fighting, because he displays this overbearing arrogance that most time ends up being justified. He is a little like a talkative Byakuya, always fun!

7/8.) yup thats Ishida for ya, did not expect any less from him

10.) And it's chad again, here I am hoping that the name"el Directo" was just a taunt too. For one thing there really does not seem to be much diference between oit and all the rest of chads punches exept for the fact that he is dishing it out at point blank. One of the cool things about chad is that he and Ishida do not have to yell out some word everytime they do their attacks. That is the one most unrealistic thing in all fighting anime's/mangas and probalby the most anoying! I hope he was just moking the arrancar for alwas using spanish words and coming up with fancy names for their attacks. But I myself know that the chance of this being the case is less then zero. By the way this brings up another old crackhead theory. we all know that chad has superhumanstrength and can easily survive things that no human should. then there is the part where he is from mexico though this might have virtually nothing to do with it, but this means that he speaks spanish, and finally I don't think anyone can deny that his arm looks kinda familiar. Hollow ichigo's arm anyone? Now we know that arrancar with high inteligence take on the shape of humans, we also know that they have mostly spanish names and that they use the language extensively. could Chad be an arrancar human hybrid??? this arc should become very interesting!

glasskatana
September 16, 2006, 12:00 PM
It was a fun chapter. My favorite character, Ishida, got some new-power love so all is well in the world. :amuse

Gold Knight
September 16, 2006, 02:51 PM
In response to the 1200 or 1020 question, Jabbs showed me this page:

It's 1200 in the RAW. (http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/2892/2006091414s1wp8.jpg)

I'll answer the other posts when I can ;) Thanks all for commenting.

Binky
September 17, 2006, 03:25 PM
1) Well, there are super bows, and then there's stupid bows. I'm afraid that amusing thought the cannon-esque blast it lets off is, the fact that (As can be seen in the picture where he fires it) the bow is half again as tall as Ishida... Meh.

2) If Ishida was gloveless level I'd be freaked out, gloveless Ishida was upper-teir captain in my book, probably comfortably more powerful than Ichigo was at the time he fought Byakuya, I could see him being lower-mid captain level.

3) 'Tis cool.

4) I didn't like loud-mouthed Chad, hopefully he's just venting frustration and he'll return to the quiet Chad we all know and alternatively love or despise

5) Now really, I'm all for recycling art, but check out the page where Ichigo intervenes to save Chad from a pasting from Yami, this entire page is an exact rip-off of that page, with Ichigo blocking the fist, the expression of shock, etc. Incidentally, the Chad catching the tongue of er... The fugly Hollow is also identical to when Aizen caught Renji's shikai. Links to proof below.

http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chadigowy5.jpg
http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chadzenoq5.jpg

6) This was the point I felt sorry for the poor Arrancar, cool character designs deserve better. :(

7) I hope when they animate this scene they don't give it a stereotypical laser *PEW-PEW* type noise, that'd be uncool

8) A bit of an arbitrary number, but hey, it's big, and that's fundamentally all that matters.

9) A bit of an odd attack which could have been cool but which was instantly made to look stupid when Chad blocked it contemptuously.

10) A disappointing attack, along the lines of "what he's always been doing, only BIGGER", I was hoping for a bit more, the amusing pose he assumes after the punch though, with his left hand at his chin made me chuckle.

Cheers for your comments :ffwub (I was looking for an appropriate smilie, couldn't be bothered sifting through them and then just chose the one that amused me most. ;))

Gold Knight
September 17, 2006, 10:04 PM
@ ibra87

Nice comments GK.
I also find it great that Chad and Ishida are finally getting some attention, but I certainly hope Ishida'll show us something more interesting than 1200 shots. From what I know, he's always been able to shoot so many arrows at the same time, like he did to the shinigami who wanted to kill Orihime.

True, I had forgotten about that. Though that shinigami's "countless dancing knives" looked more like ten knives to me... hn... I think he was probably just boasting.

@ Luckas04

Great comments, it's really hard finding anything to comment, you already said everything. :eyeroll Oh, well; I'll try.:D

Just tell me if you liked the chapter or not at least ;)

1) I don't know maybe because I can't find a clear image of the bow, but I don't think it is so impressive.

2) Surely, the result of that shot doesn't seem impressive; but we don't know the real power level of this 2 Arrancars.

4) You are absolutely right, Chad is acting strangely and I really can't imagine way. Maybe he thinks to became stronger he has to change also his attitude, that's the only thing I can think.

5) Impressive strenght, I liked that scene; Chad was very cool.

6), 7), 8) Nice fight, but not very impressive.

9) Strange attack.

Judging by your observations, I'm taking that you weren't very impressed by the chapter at all.

I guess midnight kinda touched on that last question of yorus:

@ midnight789

I thought Ishida's new bow is pretty impressive (Ishida's my fav char tho, so that might have a bit to do with it). In that pic where he shoots his first arrow, it reminded me of a cannon. Anywho, I just wanted to comment that did anyone else notice that the design on chad's arm resembles the design on deimura's face? (which makes sense considering that urahara stated that chad's powers are hollow like, and deimura was a hollow)
I'll try to post a good pic showing the design on Deimura's face.
The thing I noticed is that the top of chad's arm opens up before he attacks. I'll try to post pics of that too.

Edit: I found a good pic of deimura's face, and I found a pic of chad's arm, I circled where the top of his arm is opened up and charging for his attack.

Thanks for that - I didn't notice that myself either! Cool observations...

@ kiddo7

Well this weekend is going to be a good one. I get 10 comments this early!
1.) I have said it in many of my previous comments but I will say it again, I LOVE the subtitles you assign to the pictures. And as to your first comment, I agree with everything you said, once again I have nothing to add to it. THe caption for the fram above it, on the other hand, Is exactly what I was thinking. Where the heck is the string??? I really can't blame ichigo for asking if it is a bow, I would not have been shure what it was myself. I mean where I come from bows usually have a string to provide some tension and to propell the projectile forwards. Then again since this is a spirit bow it does not necessarily have to follow the laws of physics.

Yeah, I wasn't too surprised that it defied the laws of physics myself, as the "spirit world" is more willpower and inner energy than anything else, I think...

4.)Chad, definitely one of my favorite characters. Maybe my onpinion is biased because I always try to come up with excuses for my favorite characters rather than beleive that theyare becoming untrue to themselfs. I like to call it character developement rather than acting OOC. Here are my views on Chad, and I know that they fall short of expalinging everything but this is just a fledgling thought process so accompany me like a grizzly (you know, bear with me ;-0). Anyway, let us say that up untill the rescue rukia ark, chad did most of his fighting out of instinct or rather a sense of obligation. What I am trying to say is that he really did not put any emotion into it because it never really affected him on that level. all his opponents where incredibly weak compared to himand the people he was protecting where maybe not that important to him or not in that big danger (I might be slightly off on that one). Then in the Rescue rukia arc he had just obtained his new power and he was fighting creatures he just recently found out existed. and the reson for his fighting, mostly again, a sense of duty, this time towards ichigo. as rukia was virtually still a stranger to him. And third he really had no grudge against the people of soul society. I will atribute his reserved nature during fights to the fact that he was concentraating very much and he was feeling his way around. trying to figure out the limmits and capabilities of his arm and trying to see how far the shinigami would go and what they where capable of. After that we know what happened, he got his ass handed to him and then witnessed Ichigos tremendous increase in power. After this he went through a time period where he was temporarrily out of the protecting others business, he was the one being protected. This is probably the first time in his life that he felt helpless and inferior. Now however, things have changed; He has had extensive training with Renji and his bankai. I think it is fair to say that Chad is now intricately familiar with all the limits of even his improved powers. He has, during the rescue rukia arc, developed a personal relationship with rukia and he still has his promise to fight for ichigo. He actually does have a grudge against hollows. He knows they are without a doubt the bad guys. In short, he is wicked pissed and this time it is personal. The taunts just show that he is here to punish and obliterate, they are a controlled outlett of deep seated supressed emotions. I do not think that it is unfitting for him. And I like him now just as much as i liked him in the begining.

Where did Chad develop a personal relationship with Rukia, though? Although you could be right about one thing - Chad probably wasn't happy that he wasn't as useful during the Save Rukia arc and he probably doesn't like Hollows at all, either...

5.) this scene kinda reminds me of the time ichigo stopped the gatekeepers ax.

Good contrast ^^ Funny that was before Ichigo had achieved all the power he did during that storyline, too. He was already pretty strong. I guess these Gatekeepers aren't exactly that strong...

6.)Love your comments on this one too "where's the finnish line FTW" ha ha ha >) Ishida is always fun to when he is fighting, because he displays this overbearing arrogance that most time ends up being justified. He is a little like a talkative Byakuya, always fun!

Heh - Ishida's a cool character, no doubt about it...

7/8.) yup thats Ishida for ya, did not expect any less from him

10.) And it's chad again, here I am hoping that the name"el Directo" was just a taunt too. For one thing there really does not seem to be much diference between oit and all the rest of chads punches exept for the fact that he is dishing it out at point blank. One of the cool things about chad is that he and Ishida do not have to yell out some word everytime they do their attacks. That is the one most unrealistic thing in all fighting anime's/mangas and probalby the most anoying!

LoL, I agree - although it's cool to find out what the techniques' names are in a series like Naruto, in others it does kinda come off as being stupid. I do like that the Captains say the names of their swords to achieve shikai, though.

I hope he was just moking the arrancar for alwas using spanish words and coming up with fancy names for their attacks. But I myself know that the chance of this being the case is less then zero. By the way this brings up another old crackhead theory. we all know that chad has superhumanstrength and can easily survive things that no human should. then there is the part where he is from mexico though this might have virtually nothing to do with it, but this means that he speaks spanish, and finally I don't think anyone can deny that his arm looks kinda familiar. Hollow ichigo's arm anyone? Now we know that arrancar with high inteligence take on the shape of humans, we also know that they have mostly spanish names and that they use the language extensively. could Chad be an arrancar human hybrid??? this arc should become very interesting!

I definitely want to find out more about Chad. A Hollow's arm sounds pretty good to me.

@ glasskatana

It was a fun chapter. My favorite character, Ishida, got some new-power love so all is well in the world. :amuse

Glad you liked it ;)

@ Binky

1) Well, there are super bows, and then there's stupid bows. I'm afraid that amusing thought the cannon-esque blast it lets off is, the fact that (As can be seen in the picture where he fires it) the bow is half again as tall as Ishida... Meh.

Looks like you and Luckas04 feel the same way. I just like that they've broken out of the conventional molds as would be expected from people transpiring into an otherwordly dimension, I guess. These people all work more with magic than with normal weapons, so why should their weapons be defined by physical laws?

Look at Renji's sword - it's even taller than he is by FAR, when it's activated! To say nothing of his ban kai...

2) If Ishida was gloveless level I'd be freaked out, gloveless Ishida was upper-teir captain in my book, probably comfortably more powerful than Ichigo was at the time he fought Byakuya, I could see him being lower-mid captain level.

I agree 100% here.

4) I didn't like loud-mouthed Chad, hopefully he's just venting frustration and he'll return to the quiet Chad we all know and alternatively love or despise

Agreed again.

5) Now really, I'm all for recycling art, but check out the page where Ichigo intervenes to save Chad from a pasting from Yami, this entire page is an exact rip-off of that page, with Ichigo blocking the fist, the expression of shock, etc. Incidentally, the Chad catching the tongue of er... The fugly Hollow is also identical to when Aizen caught Renji's shikai. Links to proof below.

http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chadigowy5.jpg
http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chadzenoq5.jpg

I had noticed the Aizen comparison, but didn't realize Ichigo had the very same pose against Yami. Good eye there.

Looks like it wasn't coincedental too.

6) This was the point I felt sorry for the poor Arrancar, cool character designs deserve better. :(

7) I hope when they animate this scene they don't give it a stereotypical laser *PEW-PEW* type noise, that'd be uncool

I can't hear, but that sure looks uncool too... and agreed about the Arrancars. :(

10) A disappointing attack, along the lines of "what he's always been doing, only BIGGER", I was hoping for a bit more, the amusing pose he assumes after the punch though, with his left hand at his chin made me chuckle.

Well, at least his arm looks cooler ;)

Cheers for your comments :ffwub (I was looking for an appropriate smilie, couldn't be bothered sifting through them and then just chose the one that amused me most. ;))

Heh, thanks for dropping by! And for these scanlations too.

Luckas
September 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
Judging by your observations, I'm taking that you weren't very impressed by the chapter at all.
I loved Bleach until Ichigo finished his training with Vaizards, but when Hirako didn't share all the informations about Aizen, Urahara and Hōgyoku that he boasted to know I feel there are too many secrets, too many plot lines interwened and obviously I fear this new save-arc could be ripetitive. I continue liking the fights, but every times Tito do other things he keeps disappointing me. I think he should start explaining something.

kiddo7
September 18, 2006, 12:12 PM
"Where did Chad develop a personal relationship with Rukia, though?"
Sorry my bad I actually meant to say Inoue. And by personal relationship I do not mean anything serious but rather, I am refering to the fact that they have been fighting alongside each other for a while and therefore must have developed some sense of camaraderie. and then there is also the fact that she is the healer of the team and so she has healed his wounds after each battle. In my opinion that should also bring them a little closer. And don't get me wrong I am not suggesting any king of ChadxInoue thing here that is tottaly not my style. I am just saying that they are she is now much less of a stranger to Chad than Rukia was when she was captured.

Luckas
September 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone remeber when Chad explained to Shinsui why he was trying to save Rukia, a wonderful moment.

kiddo7
September 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
He said he was doing it for Ichigo didn't he? The whole you figght for me I fight for you thing right? That is part of my point anyway, glad you brought it up.

Luckas
September 18, 2006, 05:16 PM
He said he was doing it for Ichigo didn't he? The whole you figght for me I fight for you thing right? That is part of my point anyway, glad you brought it up.
Yes, but the good thing is how Chad said that.