PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 294 Discussion/295 Prediction Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

xi0
March 04, 2009, 01:48 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1251208#post1251208). This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

PS: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/gantz/chapters/294).

Skittles
March 15, 2009, 01:23 AM
http://image03.pita.st/tmp/g/n/gnkgvwtp_0.jpghttp://image02.pita.st/tmp/g/n/gnkgvwtp_1.jpghttp://image03.pita.st/tmp/g/n/gnkgvwtp_2.jpg

[0294] シャットダウン

踏み潰された稲葉を前に、玄野、加藤が戦闘開始

場面変わって、外人の転送が始まる
そして、日本メンバーは風、タケシの転送開始
続いてレイカ、桜井、西

場面戻って、加藤の転送も始まるが、玄野の転送はまだ始まらない
玄野は相手の攻撃で左腕が吹き飛ぶ

強制終了されたミッション。
   命を繋ぐのは・・・
   わずかなタイムラグ。

次回、強制終了のミッション。帰還できたのは!?

Source: 2 Channel
Alright, what the fuck is going in those scans? They seem out of order and I can't see anything. Buy some real scanners, japanese people. T_T
[hr]
Didn't think I would ever say this but...is Gantz actually helping them? :O :O :O

Moved

GAT-X252
March 15, 2009, 01:41 AM
I just uploaded them again...can you see them now?

Skittles
March 15, 2009, 01:46 AM
I just uploaded them again...can you see them now?
Lol, I didn't mean that :p. Meant that the scans were cut in half at key places D:.(can't complain all too much though)

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 01:48 AM
That is so cool. Instead of answering any of our questions about WTF is going on in this mission, the mission ends and we're yank out of that twilight zone. Great unexpected twist. LOL, Gantz5whatever his name said, 8-9 more chapters and it might end in the next one, hilarious.

NumeroUno
March 15, 2009, 01:48 AM
Damn :coffeeshock... So it was lag from the transfer or what?? lol poor Kei is crying :darn

xi0
March 15, 2009, 02:01 AM
You guys don't have to use spoiler tags in this thread. This is the spoiler discussion thread after all. Just keep the discussion of spoilers to this thread though.

CrYpTs
March 15, 2009, 02:18 AM
so lemme get this straight. the boss wasn't killed and gantz forgot to transfer kei?

also, is kei dead? half of his face was blown off.

GAAHHHH, the suspense!! these aren't spoilers! they're just teasing us!! why do the spoilers guys just scan bits and pieces?! :(

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 02:21 AM
It just looks like Kurono isn't going to make it for suspense, I figure by now Oku doesn't have the guts to finish Kurono off, because he loves him too much. If he does, full respect.

subaru052
March 15, 2009, 02:26 AM
<3 inaba dead <3 i never thought this day would come! awesome chapter.

CrYpTs
March 15, 2009, 02:27 AM
I have to admit, though. If kei dies... well, let's just say I never saw it coming since he was just revived. But then again, maybe that's exactly what oku wants, to let us know that NO ONE is safe in Gantz.

what a great twist. i can't wait for the full chapter.

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 02:31 AM
I have this feeling that this next chapter won't be topped. I think it's gonna be a climax, can it get better?

And also no elite gantz team to save the day, reminds me of when the gundam did shit for usefulness. We were all expecting another "how's the tokyo team gonna do it again" and this time it was just an impossible mission. Those statues are just plain scary and no one wants to play with em.

GAT-X252
March 15, 2009, 03:05 AM
I don't think all the statues were already killed. Kurono would be transfered (if he survives lol) this kind of stuff always happen...remember Kato?

It could be that the Catastrophe has begun and that is the reason the black spheres are doing this because the want to apropiate "opening"?

digitaldude
March 15, 2009, 03:19 AM
DAMN! this mission was the fastest one ever, maybe this mission had a timer(you know like in the old missions).Looks like they will all make it back with the exception of inaba and maybe old man and kurono die aswell.

Damura
March 15, 2009, 04:31 AM
Doesn't look good for Kei.... I doubt Oku will kill him off though, what with the introduction of Ryou and all.

NumeroUno
March 15, 2009, 04:51 AM
Doesn't look good for Kei.... I doubt Oku will kill him off though, what with the introduction of Ryou and all.

Lol poor Kei :p.. I kinda got the feeling Reika just might get her wish and resurrect him.. The next few chapters are going to be insane. :amuse

Mishimoto
March 15, 2009, 04:51 AM
Since the aleins aren't dead they will start killing all the civilians in rome. Catastrophe has begun

¬Bol
March 15, 2009, 04:52 AM
A forced ending?!
What the hell is gonna happen?! ò_ò

Damura
March 15, 2009, 04:57 AM
Reasons for a forced transfer:

1.) Gantz is fucked and is trying to save as many of it's people as possible.
2.) The reporter was messing around in the Gantz factory and accidentally pushed the recall button.
3.) The purpose of this mission was to have Inaba eliminated. With it's goal met, Gantz retrieves it's pawns.
[hr]

Since the aleins aren't dead they will start killing all the civilians in rome. Catastrophe has begun

What are you talking about? It's fucking Italy... That's not a catastrophe...

All I need to know for now is whether or not they keep their points. What if Gantz sneakily threw in another timer?

102jayday
March 15, 2009, 05:08 AM

2.) The reporter was messing around in the Gantz factory and accidentally pushed the recall button.
3.) The purpose of this mission was to have Inaba eliminated. With it's goal met, Gantz retrieves it's pawns.
<hr noshade size="1">

What are you talking about? It's fucking Italy... That's not a catastrophe...

lol number 3!
1# is the only possible one but that makes me think would gantz go as far as to bring back all the best gantzers. like his called half time now and bringing more people and bringing dead/gone gantzers, oka and izumi. if thats the case i would say kei is dead now. but looking at the spoiler and i hate to say this but KEI IS DEAD -it looks like kyo from the osaka died from the same injury to the head. which leads reika could bring kei back but its wasted because he will cry tae! unless if she was able to bring a kurono from gantz before he meet/feelings. the shorty alien mission, only when it attacked the class he felt for her.
i like kato but it pisses me off how his fine, makes him look better than kei!

the page with them being transfered thats nishi with a H gun lol he has blood on his face :)
well that was great, been bed sick all week, feel alot better and see a spoiler already!
as always GAT rules

NumeroUno
March 15, 2009, 05:17 AM
It would be SO much more bad ass if Kei is able to finish off the big boss with one arm and a half melted face... :drool

I dont see where Nishi is on the spoiler

Anyways.. this is so exciting

102jayday
March 15, 2009, 05:27 AM
yeah i doubt he will be sent because why would oku have him get hurt bad only to be sent in 5 seconds and all good again. unless its to make kurono think shit i was a goner and i got to be more serious the next time.
hey gantz has gone things to kurono before maybe he will again by not sending him lol. making fight on his own and 15 poiints or u die. its obivous that kei has forgotten how things can be and has lost his edge. hopefully losing a arm and bit of head helps him.
anyhow im gonna sleep off this sickness so more bed for me

Damura
March 15, 2009, 05:30 AM
I was wondering, where do these spoilers even come from? Are they released by the company Oku works for?

@102jayday: Hope ya get better man. What's wrong with you anyway?

digitaldude
March 15, 2009, 05:32 AM
Well, telling from the spoilers it does not tell us whether hs, kill bill and hoi hoi are transferring oh man I hope hoi hoi is not dead he got 40 points last mission,hope hs makes it too and I don`t care much for kill bill.

Phyrox
March 15, 2009, 05:36 AM
Kei alone vs the rest? awww awesome O_O

I told you guys the chance that inaba survives was 0.0000000000000001% ... the inner organs are almost all crushed (down the stomach)

I cant wait *___*
Thanks Gat man, u r awesome what would we do without you^^

NumeroUno
March 15, 2009, 05:37 AM
I was wondering, where do these spoilers even come from? Are they released by the company Oku works for?

I dont think the company itself releases spoilers. Then again they probably release them on their website.. :headscratch

¬Bol
March 15, 2009, 06:21 AM

I vote for #3 lol

Ruhina
March 15, 2009, 06:33 AM

It's definately no. 3. Inaba was the actual boss-target for the aliens, and with him dead, the gantzers and aliens are free to go home... :P

About 1) however, does anyone here play Warhammer 40k? If playing Necrons in TT, they have a special rule of "phase-out", which means once 75% of their forces have been wiped out they'll instantly teleport away from the battlefield and have thus lost. So it doesn't matter if you still got 2 Monoliths and a C'tan left, everyone leaves and you lose. Maybe the casualties have been so high for this mission Gantz automatically decides it to be a "mission failure"? After all, from the looks of things, Gantz can pretty much resurrect anyone they feel like, but doesn't. We may be back for a round two soon?

Now how will Kei survive? It's not like this is the first time he's partially dismembered or fighting on his own. Inaba fought on with an arm, and I think in the upcoming chapter we'll see Kei fight the boss, ultimately:

A) Killing it and get transfered
B) Getting transfered in the nick of time
C) Getting killed (I think this is unlikely though).

Great twist for this chapter though. This manga is on it's own level compared to the others out there (even Berserk has been going downhills for the last few months, Naruto has surprisingly gone uphills with Yondaime appearing, but One Piece is kind of uninteresting and Bleach is just utterly garbage...)

Damura
March 15, 2009, 06:37 AM
I dont think the company itself releases spoilers. Then again they probably release them on their website.. :headscratch

It's just weird that if someone is stealing the images, why don't they just get us the whole chapter instead of a few pages? And why are bits of the pages we do get cut out?

xi0
March 15, 2009, 06:51 AM
Spoilers come from someone who has access to the magazine before it's official street date.

The reason they don't release the chapter is usually because they might work where the magazine is printed and can't scan one...They don't have a scanner...or they are afraid of being arrested. The earlier the scan comes out, the more attention gets drawn to a single person. If the raws leak a day or two before the official street date, it's not much harm since many places receive the magazine before the street date anyways and sell them before they're supposed to.

NumeroUno
March 15, 2009, 07:02 AM
Thats what I was thinking somone was leaking stuff out..
Back on topic. I don't think Kei will die it wouldn't make sense to kill him. He will just get resurrected again. But who knows. It would still be bad ass if the big boss and Kei kill each other even tho I want Kei to live. :sweat

Ruhina
March 15, 2009, 07:10 AM
I just thought about something. The only one recently revived is Kei, could it be that all "standard Gantzers" are teleported back while the "new ones" are left behind because the system forgot about them? That would kind of explain the time lag for the survivors, or that Gantz intends to either have them complete the mission or leave it a failure.

This could mean the rest of the battle is fought by a rag-tag team of random survivors, although if Kei doesn't get some medical attention with his arm he'll bleed to death rather quickly.

GAT-X252
March 15, 2009, 07:16 AM
Forget about the arm, if the wound on his head is like Kyo's he would die in moments.

Gantz could easily bring the back from death...he doesn't need to transfer them in the middle of a mission. This is very weird.

I think the Catastrophe is about to began and maybe now they would be sended to a mision in his own country Japan...lol dunno :p

Damura
March 15, 2009, 07:20 AM
HS and that girl that doesnt do much havent started transferring yet, as far as we know.
[hr]
I still can't think of a good reason why Gantz transferred everybody out. Overwhelming odds have never stopped Gantz before...Plus, it's not as if the Gantzers were losing. It looked pretty even to me.

102jayday
March 15, 2009, 08:02 AM

thanks man, i just woke up to check things lol.
its gastove...however its spelled i hate it so much, never been sick as bad as that. wens-sat was real bad i could not do anything, had no one to take me to doctors. i couldnt watch tv or go on comp which is very weird for me lol.
but today the pain is no where near as bad, just have no appetite for food today. to make matters worst collingwood got killed on friday might be the reason why im sick because they were like tanking lol j/k on football

i wonder how much points reika,hikawa, kato, nishi and kurono got since they killed alot... um reika never saw her shot any but it looks like she had lots of chances from her pos.
hey maybe gantz finally got sick of the guy in chap 292 yelling transfer!! lol
but he could of blown his head off to shut him up.

but yeh i can see gantz testing/screwing kurono here by leaving him alone with the boss. or he might want kurono to get the points and no one else lol

Starzen
March 15, 2009, 08:05 AM
what if gantz was leaving only the best fighters behind to fight, this current development is suspect as there are teams who got wiped out. so the question is why now? Thanx for the spoilers and poor kurono, he always gets a raw deal from gantz.

GAT-X252
March 15, 2009, 08:18 AM
I don't think so.

Kato is as good as Kurono and he was trasnfered.

IMO, another "mission" is about to start...maybe in the same city, but this time the mixed language won't appear on the black sphere.

NumeroUno
March 15, 2009, 08:24 AM
I don't think so.

IMO, another "mission" is about to start...maybe in the same city, but this time those weird symbols won't appear on the black sphere.

Weird symbols? :headscratch

xi0
March 15, 2009, 08:34 AM
At the start of the mission the gantz ball was malfunctioning it seemed. No Target was listed or anything.

philippe1403
March 15, 2009, 08:37 AM
1) Another oku's special. This guy is just great.

2) Summary of upcoming chapter.
All gantzers are retrieved. But Kei

3) Question: what the fuck is happening ? Will Kei survive ?
(his arm exploding is very Kyo and Nishi alike in Osaka)

Pictures are very impressive and intriguing.

4) Susuki seems to be a definitive goner on this pic
(left side of the pic, look at his right shoulder, it disappeared... is this telling us something about the boss desintegration attack ?)

5) The brutal killing of many gantzers and the close following of TT dying members is nicely done.
The contrast between both is a nice balance

6) Are the vampire being teleported too ?

7) following chapters
Will Kei come back or not ?
Will the gantzers get points ?
What will they decide ?
What will Gantz tell them ?

8) Nishi not being hurt and holding an H gun ?
I wonder. Will he ba able to take it back ?

With that, he could even use his points to call back izumi in the room to show off in front of his former boss. (this teen definitively need some support system for his fucked up view on life).

9) Follow up of the mission
The call back must be about satellite and time frame management
cf. pic of chapter 1
What will happen ?
Will some team go back ?
Will the TT be included ?

10) After this definitive mission, I see the end up of the count down
I believe nobody will be able anymore to deny the reality of what is happening
Nor the media, nor the governements.
Cf. Osaka
Cf Rome
There must be other cities to.
A coming out should be done.
Probably soon after the real end of this mission.

11) Summary
Phase 1 was the story about a local team
Phase 2 was the installation of a global vision/interaction and countdown
Will new phase 3 come (or not) at the end of the countdown ?
If yes, i hope that we will not have to suffer a new 6 month break.

12)
exciting twist of fate.
I believe Kei could
A) die again very soon.
B) being sent back (while dying, like Susuki in a previous mission)
C) kill the boss alone and being show on every tv screen in the world.
Everything is possible.
I vote for B)

Damura
March 15, 2009, 08:50 AM
what if gantz was leaving only the best fighters behind to fight, this current development is suspect as there are teams who got wiped out. so the question is why now? Thanx for the spoilers and poor kurono, he always gets a raw deal from gantz.

Not gonna happen, because there hasn't been a single strategist in history that has removed two thirds of it's army just 'cause he thinks it'd be cool if he pulled it off.
[hr]

Since when? Katou cant have developed much past the level he was at in the Buddha mission, and Kurono's faced fireball-shooting dinosaurs, vampires, Oni's and Izumi.

Ruhina
March 15, 2009, 09:01 AM
Forget about the arm, if the wound on his head is like Kyo's he would die in moments.

Gantz could easily bring the back from death...he doesn't need to transfer them in the middle of a mission. This is very weird.

I think the Catastrophe is about to began and maybe now they would be sended to a mision in his own country Japan...lol dunno :p

Kyou's death surprised me, seeing as he just lost his ear and parts of his skull. The brain was largely intact, and the right temporal lobe wasn't even damaged all that much. People arriving to the neurosurgeons are many times in worse conditions than that (think traffic and horse accidents). Kei probably just lost some skin and his left ear, which shouldn't be too much of a hassle (besides, he's not meant to be fodder).

philippe1403
March 15, 2009, 09:07 AM
Kyou's death surprised me, seeing as he just lost his ear and parts of his skull. The brain was largely intact, and the right temporal lobe wasn't even damaged all that much. People arriving to the neurosurgeons are many times in worse conditions than that (think traffic and horse accidents). Kei probably just lost some skin and his left ear, which shouldn't be too much of a hassle (besides, he's not meant to be fodder).

And Nishi just lost his arm...

In this situation, kei could survive (cf. what happened in Vagabond, Mushashi opponent survive while part of his face was sliced off)

I believe Oku like to explore the same situation from different perspective and with different outcome.

My guess is
1) Kei dies (and will be revived later on...)
2) Kei agonizing is called back like the others
cf. precedent of Susuki (vampire boss meeting)
3) Kei survives this, get in berserk mode and kill the boss.
4) Kei, new hero, is being seen on TV, as the new world savior.
LOL

Mikako
March 15, 2009, 09:16 AM
Screw Kurono, what about my vampires? :(

Also, it's an interesting plot twist. Wonder if they are gonna be sent somewhere else next.

Starzen
March 15, 2009, 09:39 AM
my take on the situation was since oku is bringing new stuff to the table, why not leave some behind to keep the enemies busy while you simply restork and let the rest recover and this time, give them better ammunition. Yeah I know, this is far fetched. you cant stop me from dreaming.

GkrewZ
March 15, 2009, 10:18 AM
I kinda like that whole hero thing where everyone on earth sees him destroy the boss while he is missing an arm and part his face(maybe he loses more in the battle? lol). We all know oku is amazing and give us something to kick our ass's and go holy shit that just happend.

cesarwgd
March 15, 2009, 10:29 AM
It might be some sort of delay in the transfer, or probably a system overload , i mean gantz spheres from all over the world are transfering the remaining gantzers, it's like the internet when there are many people triyng to donwload the same archive :P....besides something like this has hapened before, recently in the osaka mision Katou was the last one in being transfered laying on the ground like he wasn't going to make it.......anyway great spoilers!!!!, thanks GAT....can't wait for the chapter to come out

Starzen
March 15, 2009, 10:59 AM
the delay thing is common as gantz only transfers one person at a time and in this case being last is bad.

GkrewZ
March 15, 2009, 11:01 AM
being last is almost always bad in gantz

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 11:09 AM
I want to see the points stop working!

Weak Theory:
So far they rely on points to keep going, but this is catasrophe, what if they had to continue fighting without being rewarded. They go back to a pitful Gantz ball, and then it's stil down, and not functioning. Some drama happens and a new twist about their fate. But then...

Whoa, Katou is just as strong as Kei, did you see him in Nuri mission? The only people without potential to be heroes are the ones clinging to their old lives, and not willing to grow up, because Gantz gives people the potential to grow very powerful in both combat and courage. Katou shows no weaknesses, Nishi screws up alot, Kaze won't use real weapons, HS is damn near full potential even without the suit, until Oku kills him off; Cherry and Reika lack some skills like taking care of business. Kei doesn't have any focus in life other than kicking ass so he can be with his girl. Katou fights for his bro, yet is also willing to sacrifice himself for innocents.. and can't stop himself from saving other people if they look at him with cute puppy dog eyes and say, "but I don't wanna die Katou, why me?"

GkrewZ
March 15, 2009, 11:13 AM
I want to see the points stop working!

Weak Theory:
So far they rely on points to keep going, but this is catasrophe, what if they had to continue fighting without being rewarded. They go back to a pitful Gantz ball, and then it's stil down, and not functioning. Some drama happens and a new twist about their fate. But then...

that would be interesting and i wouldent put it past oku to do something like that but im not sure if that kind of thing would happen just yet

philippe1403
March 15, 2009, 11:13 AM
Katastrophe might just Gantz going public.
And it's obvious that it is no longer possible to hide out the fact that human and aliens have met and that they are fighting in the middle of cities.
Check tokyo, Osaka and Rome... among others.

Anyway, there is no way to find out.
And I'm sure, Oku will come up with something exciting and smart.

cesarwgd
March 15, 2009, 11:14 AM
Taking a closer look at the spoiler pic it seems that kei has only lost his face skin (besides his arm :P) it's not as bad as the drug adict's wound from Osaka.

philippe1403
March 15, 2009, 11:19 AM
As said before, Oku like to explore the same type of situation, from a different angle and with a different outcome.

And killing Kei so fast and so easily is not making much sense either.

As I said, I bet on Kei.
The least he can do is doing better than Inaba.
Don't you think so ?

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't worry about Kurono myself, but if he does die, woohoo. Yeah Oku hasn't messed up Gantz yet, so there's little to worry about, it's gonna be good. Would be cool if we came up with some creative theories though everyone *nudge nudge* something to keep us patient as we wait.

Skittles
March 15, 2009, 11:33 AM
I love how we can't even predict what Oku is gonna do next XD. That's why I love my Gantz so much! :D
[hr]

the delay thing is common as gantz only transfers one person at a time and in this case being last is bad.
No, Gantz can transfer more than 1 person at a time(look at the nuri mission). I think this is a pretty bad time to transfer though :p. Boss is in front of you and you're still fighting it. :D

Xenos3421
March 15, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hoooray!!!!

GANTZ is back!! It's back! it's back!!

I'm getting that old feeling from part 1 again, y'know like, nothing that's going on makes much sense, but we're all missing just like 1 little tidbit of info that would rationalize and explain everything! but no. no tidbits for us!! Just wtf every other page!

And lets talk about this arcs "speed"!! Just bam bam bam go! it really feels like Oku has perfect idea of where the series is going it's just felt like he was trying to drag us through the begging of part 2 but perhaps the way the onion alien set up the part 1 games maybe the osaka fight was the foreshadow to this whole part's missions (team battles with crazy enemies nd rules to be mentioned later).

I wanna see they keep killing kurono off!
Wouldn't it be funny if like every mission he gets killed so the Team has to resurrect him over and over again. It'd be the greatest set-up to a Groundhogs day esque joke!

GkrewZ
March 15, 2009, 11:34 AM
i think kurono will be fine, he is probably ganna have a reawakening and became the badass we all know and love again

BigCamaro
March 15, 2009, 11:34 AM
I wonder if they'll all be transported back to the giant gantz orb in Germany, or one of the many manufactured ones there and then Katastrophe missions will start. All out war vs the invading aliens at simultaneously. I doubt Kei will die again so soon, but itll probably be a cliffhanger with him being the last to come back.

cesarwgd
March 15, 2009, 11:47 AM
What if Gantz's transfering back all the teams that couldn't finish off the enemies so he can save energy for the weapons of the real pros (israel, germany, some from usa) that he starts sending rigth after he finish the transfer of the survivors ....maybe gantz system has a limit and it can't afford to have many teams at a same place and that's why they're building many more gantz's spheres at that factory in germany so they're prepared for the katastrophe.....and it would be cooler if gantz forgets to transfer kei and he stays and watch the real pros in action XD

philippe1403
March 15, 2009, 11:48 AM
i think kurono will be fine, he is probably ganna have a reawakening and became the badass we all know and love again

Fine ?
With one arm and half the face being torn apart ?!?

Well, look in Osaka, what Nishi's response to that was...

On the contrary, Inaba did hold the pain and fight bravely...

So if Kei is not teleported directly in chap 295, he sure will show us how much guts he has
and what he is able to do, alone, in front of this giant alien

I hope and I bet that will be his special.
With 2 friends to avenge... and his life to save, i hope to see his best.

I hope for a beautiful home coming fight for chap 295.

Ps - reika is chess mate if Kei dies.
She will have no choice but to revive the copy who loves tae. LOL

Mikako
March 15, 2009, 11:48 AM
If Kurono dies, maybe Reika can revive his pre-Tae version without the problem of two Kuronos at the same time. It would be too much for me, though. No more Tae-centered mess plz.

Nutype
March 15, 2009, 12:04 PM
im kind of confused. So basically the mission ended before all the monsters were destroyed. Is this an accurate assessment?

Revilenigma
March 15, 2009, 12:16 PM
there is still 2 or 3 days till katasrophe.
[hr]
That giant ass alien that crushed inaba had wings.
[hr]
I remeber someone here predicted this was going to happen.

-SK-
March 15, 2009, 01:16 PM
Ohhh dayyum, shit's getting real.

Googlez_kun
March 15, 2009, 01:51 PM
what a weird chapter!the mission suddenly ending??
why?well let's see in the next chapter...
though this chapter doesn't seem to be so exciting....

ace3106
March 15, 2009, 02:25 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad:mad:darn y it had to happen to kei y not stupid katuo r thoes ugly vampire but i belive he well get transfered back n the end man if he started makin the show again this would b so cool :amuse:amuse

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 02:44 PM
because Kurono deserves it more than the others, right in the face. He deserves it more only because he appears unconquerorable. Kurono is a cockroach just like Inaba, only a more respectable less detestale cockroach. Is there a word for a cockroach everyone loves?

ace3106
March 15, 2009, 03:10 PM
wat how could u not like kei if it wasnt 4 him all the otha ppl wouldnt have lived katuo wouldnt have kei back nethier have neshi ppl 4get about that alot its werid:amuse

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 03:25 PM
I never forgot it for a second. The thing is Kurono is a panel hog and I only care about to an extent. I'd be happy if everyone moved on and new personalities showed up. I like it fast paced and not toooooo personal too long.

BigCamaro
March 15, 2009, 03:34 PM
I actually like the fact the series has a main character. If it was just different people all the time dying coming and going, itd be interesting but I personally couldn't care much to root for them. Or you just feel like he outlived his time as main character in part 1?

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
outlived, i wish he would have gone free and been happy with tae while all the other gantz fought hard to protect people like Kurono.

Hopefully, Oku is not just infatuated with Kurono and has a greater purpose than just a fan boy who saves the world, no offense; hence give it to him right in the face if Kurono can't find something better to do with his time.

ace3106
March 15, 2009, 03:53 PM
i dont think a charcter like him can outstay there welcome because every1 can relate r met some1 who act like him he not the same as he use to b and hes always matureing

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
i dont think a charcter like him can outstay there welcome because every1 can relate r met some1 who act like him he not the same as he use to b and hes always matureing

arn't we all maturing?

i like the saying that goes something about "becoming your heroes instead of sitting by the side cheering them on."

subaru052
March 15, 2009, 04:19 PM
I don't think so.

IMO, another "mission" is about to start...maybe in the same city, but this time the mixed language won't appear on the black sphere.

i think your close.

@everyone
i dunno, this is great! but why cant you guys figure out what is happening? this is what i kinda thought was going on~

-this mission was never katastrophe, im guessing it will be in 2 days gantz time.
-i really dont want to call this a mission, from the start of this transfer gantz was bugging out, i bet something happened in the gantz system and it sent teams all over the world to a crazy mission and when its systems had fixed themselves, (or the german geek-squad came to the rescue :amuse ) gantz was like OH DAMN! realizing its soldiers were being destroyed or maybe it didnt want the teams to be out there in the first place, gantz called an emergency recall on the teams. if they were on a mission gantz wanted them to be on they would not have recalled until the boss was dead.
-kuronos fine, i think oku is showing off his ideas for aliens that can FSU. plus i agree that this will wake kurono up so to speak for how he needs to kill and strategize in the coming kata.

Asic
March 15, 2009, 04:19 PM
Ohhh man, I love it! I can't wait to see what happens.

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 04:31 PM
@subaru

we can't predict the next chapters because we're too busy confusing each other and misinturpreting chapters we are too lazy to research what actually had happened. Someone makes a guess with the wrong information and we spend alot of time correcting the errors. Also, we've discussed like everything, so if we focused we might be able to predict theories instead of guessing whatever.

BrazilianGantzer
March 15, 2009, 08:13 PM
@cassaruby: But talking about that sort of stuff is what keeps us sane until the next chapter comes out!!

maleborgia
March 15, 2009, 08:23 PM
I agree with you Cassaruby.
Most people enjoy talking about nothing here, trying to decifer if a false scanlation is real or not or discussing the possibility of a Kurono's clone surge from nothing (corrupting completely the trama), care about translation functionalities in the gantz suit while the world is about to end, etc.
During the previous episodes of Gantz, I could predict a few things, just by analyzing the past events\scenes, like the giant gundan-like robot when it was yet invisible, or the event of a war (against the Yokais), analizing the impact of the aliens' destruction around the world.
We could probably reach a very close prediction, if we used our heads a little more and cared more about the important details.
My last bet was: Gantz was actually building an strong army, formed by those who survived the tests, to fight the Yokai's, and I strongly believe it´s close to be this. I don't believe in a World War as a real world war, country against country, but an intensification of Yokai´s attack against Earth, as if previously planned to be in that date. The humans discovered the Yokai´s plane and decided to build an ultimate technology, capable of cloning people using lasers, atomic-level weapons based on a delayed particles agitation system that results in explosion, etc; to fight agains them. Until now, all Yokai´s were roaming around the Earth in this invisible state, only seem by special people or people who passed by Gantz room.
Many countries were united to test those weapons, placing Gantz balls around their main cities, and recruiting people which would be perfect to be cloned, those who recently have died, or in other words, could have their past erasen.
Next chapters: Stronger aliens surging, with massive destruction capabilities.
Stronger Gantzers in Gantz armor fighting against them.
Somehow Tokyo gantzers must have some importance on this situtation.

BrazilianGantzer
March 15, 2009, 08:27 PM
I just thought of something as I looked at the spoiler picture again: it kinda looks like the old man is taking his final breath and then Kei is in the picture underneath screaming. Do you think it's possible that the Old Man was alive all through Inaba's macho moment and the boss finished him off in that last picture?

hoi2009
March 15, 2009, 09:29 PM
I just thought of something as I looked at the spoiler picture again: it kinda looks like the old man is taking his final breath and then Kei is in the picture underneath screaming. Do you think it's possible that the Old Man was alive all through Inaba's macho moment and the boss finished him off in that last picture?

i think the old man and inaba is dead.

and i want korono's classmate back(i don,t know his japanese name),because he is a strong guy and i like him so much

cassaruby
March 15, 2009, 10:16 PM
i think the old man and inaba is dead.

and i want korono's classmate back(i don,t know his japanese name),because he is a strong guy and i like him so much

Ryou's gonna be such a dick when he joins, I hope he's not annoying. I definitely see him dying at this point though.

Kurono's boyfriend died and he's like nooooooooo lol. I hope Kurono freaks out and gets reckless because old man died.

JediKnight
March 15, 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm confused, was there atime limit. If that's the case nobody gets points.
Damn why was Kurono the only one that didn't get transfered. He died
already he can't die again can he. WTF Oku, what hell is going on.

Damura
March 16, 2009, 01:12 AM
Ryou's gonna be such a dick when he joins, I hope he's not annoying. I definitely see him dying at this point though.

Kurono's boyfriend died and he's like nooooooooo lol. I hope Kurono freaks out and gets reckless because old man died.

I think he was talking about Izumi, since Ryou isn't Kei's classmate.

NumeroUno
March 16, 2009, 02:17 AM
Ryou was his classmate at one point though. Plus who can forget Izumi..?

I don't see the point of killing off Kei it just wouldn't be the same without him. I can understand if we get shifted to a different character though.

Also I really don't see how Kei is much of a panel hog either. We saw a shit load of different characters in the last mission.

xfactor
March 16, 2009, 03:24 AM
I'm confused, was there atime limit. If that's the case nobody gets points.
Damn why was Kurono the only one that didn't get transfered. He died
already he can't die again can he. WTF Oku, what hell is going on.

A guess would be that a delayed transfer gives Kurono time to kill a boss for big points.

hoi2009
March 16, 2009, 03:49 AM
I think he was talking about Izumi, since Ryou isn't Kei's classmate.

i mean 和泉紫音,who have long hair,handsome and strong

Damura
March 16, 2009, 04:15 AM
A guess would be that a delayed transfer gives Kurono time to kill a boss for big points.

Yes, but an incinerated left arm gives Kurono quite a bit of time to die.
[hr]

Ryou was his classmate at one point though. Plus who can forget Izumi..?

I don't see the point of killing off Kei it just wouldn't be the same without him. I can understand if we get shifted to a different character though.

Also I really don't see how Kei is much of a panel hog either. We saw a shit load of different characters in the last mission.

It'd be weird for Ryou to become the main character when we've got Katou, Nishi, Cherry and Host Samurai around. (I didn't include Reika because, let's face it, Hoi Hoi's got more chance of becoming the main character than she does.)

ralvyn
March 16, 2009, 05:33 AM
I agree with you Cassaruby.

My last bet was: Gantz was actually building an strong army, formed by those who survived the tests, to fight the Yokai's, and I strongly believe it´s close to be this. I don't believe in a World War as a real world war, country against country, but an intensification of Yokai´s attack against Earth, as if previously planned to be in that date.

i strongly believe that it would sort into this one. this was my guess too.

for chapter 295, i just don't know. Maybe Gantz is playing another trick to Kurono. still, it seems way too impossible for Kurono to kill nor deal immense damage to that giant. confused..

i just hope i could read chapter 294 with translations :tem

digitaldude
March 16, 2009, 05:35 AM
Was ryou even from tokyo?So how is he gonna end up in tokyo gantz in the first place?

Looks like old man and inaba are confirmed dead since it does not tell us if they transferring and no sight of the vamps and hoi hoi transferring either.(Still, the full chapter is not out though maybe we will see them transferring when it comes out.)

Also, anyone think that cherry sucked alot in this mission?

hoi2009
March 16, 2009, 05:45 AM
Was ryou even from tokyo?So how is he gonna end up in tokyo gantz in the first place?

Looks like old man and inaba are confirmed dead since it does not tell us if they transferring and no sight of the vamps and hoi hoi transferring either.(Still, the full chapter is not out though maybe we will see them transferring when it comes out.)

Also, anyone think that cherry sucked alot in this mission?

the enemies are too many and they are too stong.His power doesn,t get use.......

xfactor
March 16, 2009, 05:58 AM
Yes, but an incinerated left arm gives Kurono quite a bit of time to die.
<hr noshade size="1">

What would be more bad ass than Kurono killing a boss with only one arm and a scorched face?

Anyway, if he doesn't die and lives until the transfer, the event will probably prepare him for catastrophe, assuming he remembers.

I find it difficult to believe he will die, given his/Tae's speech about human survival. Basically, he's the only character who's thought/cared about Catastrophe, or so we're lead to believe. Nishi doesn't count -- he knows about catastrophe but doesn't seem to care how it ends or the reason it's happening.

Damura
March 16, 2009, 06:01 AM
^
You mean, "what to do when some guy burns off your arm and your face?"

xfactor
March 16, 2009, 06:13 AM
^
You mean, "what to do when some guy burns off your arm and your face?"

Well, he still has his right arm. :)

I mean, in all the situations in which a character has a limb chopped off, he's pretty much a goner.

I take that back -- Katou finished off Nuri while having both legs hacked off, and that was pretty bad ass. So a similar situation could happen here.

Damura
March 16, 2009, 06:17 AM
Katou's pretty good under pressure. The kind of pressure you get when an incredibly powerful being cuts off a few of your limbs. He beat the buddha alien, Nurarihyon, and even managed to hold off an onion alien for about 1 second when his wrist was cut.

digitaldude
March 16, 2009, 06:23 AM
Katou's pretty good under pressure. The kind of pressure you get when an incredibly powerful being cuts off a few of your limbs. He beat the buddha alien, Nurarihyon, and even managed to hold off an onion alien for about 1 second when his wrist was cut.

I agree and also If I had my arm cut off and my face burned I would be in agony for ages(like a normal human)much less fight a boss.

NumeroUno
March 16, 2009, 06:30 AM
I agree and also If I had my arm cut off and my face burned I would be in agony for ages(like a normal human)much less fight a boss.

They don't feel the actual amount of pain unless the suit dies.. Im not positive though :notrust

Damura
March 16, 2009, 06:31 AM
In this situation I'd probably try and hide in a building, since the aliens are too big to use doors. I'd just wait out the transfer.

xfactor
March 16, 2009, 06:32 AM

That's true. In terms of who is more heroic, Katou fits the mold more than Kurono. Katou, from the very beginning, has shown no selfishness. Who knows, maybe Kurono has to die in order for Katou to be the hero... The only problem is, Katou just doesn't seem to have the survival instinct. He got himself and Kurono killed and he faced Nuri without a plan. He's been lucky.

NumeroUno
March 16, 2009, 06:40 AM
Kurono can handle solo situations better than katou imo.

Damura
March 16, 2009, 06:45 AM
Actually, Katou has shown selfishness. During the Nurarihyon mission he hesitated to help some innocent people. It's not much selfishness, I'll admit, but still....

Katou should be compared with the current Kei, not the old one. The Kei that risks everything to save his team, and the ones he loves (well, that's pretty much only Tae, but...). I think that Kei is just as heroic as Katou now.
[hr]
Katou has an unbelievable tolerance for pain... he can keep fighting even when the same wounds incapacitate normal people (Inaba, Nishi, Old man, Kei). I'd be interested to see whether or not Kei can actually keep fighting now that he's injured.

102jayday
March 16, 2009, 07:03 AM
digitaldude....i am nuts about your gif, i think i could watch it for an hour lol

well kurono shows action when hurt too. the big bird hurt him then he pulled its face. shot at budda when he lost his leg. shot like crazy at shortys when he broke his arm.

this kei is the kurono that kato had the hots for and wanted to be like.
look i think since kurono is still there he will fight the statue with angel wings. what would be cool is if he was all alone with Hikawa, interesting that would be.

Revilenigma
March 16, 2009, 07:24 AM
Yeah but Kurono wants to save humanity where as Kato just wants to save those around him.
[hr]
I think those being transferred are those who have already gained 100 points and Gantz is sending them back so they can can spend those points and go back to the mission.

digitaldude
March 16, 2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah but Kurono wants to save humanity where as Kato just wants to save those around him.
<hr noshade size="1">
I think those being transferred are those who have already gained 100 points and Gantz is sending them back so they can can spend those points and go back to the mission.

I really doubt that cherry did not do anything or takeshi.

Damura
March 16, 2009, 07:39 AM
<hr noshade size="1">

That can't be right, since the transfers started all at once.
[hr]
The only precedent we have for a transfer like this is when a team outlasts the time limit. Considering that all teams seem to be transferring at the same time, this is actually possible. We'd have to assume that the time limit began when the first team joined the battle though. If the time limit was spread across all teams, this would explain the very short time Tokyo was actually in the battle.

Revilenigma
March 16, 2009, 07:41 AM
But didn't Gantz do away with the time limit since the Oni mission?

102jayday
March 16, 2009, 07:52 AM
i dont think gantz would of sent them because they ran out of time.

think about why he has been stoping the time limit in some missions, i think they will all be sent to another nation in chaos. soon they will return to japan only to see its in chaos too.

the big K or C will be once the whole world is in chaos. its too hard to have that happen all over the world in seconds so give it days maybe 2 when the clock to the big bang starts.
nishi said about anuclear war.
maybe the govnments will have no clue on what to do but only start nuking places with lots of aliens.

hey it looks like this mission has been going for abit before the team got there so maybe in other parts of the world like when reika went to kurono's house a place like russia had a chaos/hell mission but thats all IMP

Revilenigma
March 16, 2009, 09:03 AM
that would be awesome if each member was sent to a different part of the world, it would take forever for the missions to end though.

warbandit66
March 16, 2009, 09:23 AM
Perhaps Gantz will bring them back to the room and give them a point allowance, which they can use to either upgrade their arsenal or revive passed team gantzers in order to strengthen their team.

JediKnight
March 16, 2009, 10:20 AM
Lets not count out Kurono, he will get out of this bad situation.
Well I hope he does, cause he needs to live. Ryou who is this, Did I
miss something.

Lsshin
March 16, 2009, 12:09 PM
i think they are just being transfer back due to a much worse event on japan, who knows, i cant wait till i see the capter ^^

gibbons22
March 16, 2009, 01:24 PM
heres a thought, what if kurono is being left on his own to force him to fight and gain the points to become even stronger because gantz sees him as the teams strongest or something, maybe the strongest from each team being made to fight and work together (that could link with the power limit somoene mentioned elsewhere and why the suits dont seem to work)
i mean, maybe thats how oka managed to get so many points even though as far as we can tell he just stayed back and let the rest of the osaka team kill the aliens?
that could be why kurono had to fight the shorty aliens on his own too
sorry if this sounds too farfetched, just a thought

caleb290
March 16, 2009, 01:42 PM
I think the team leaders of all the gantz team their will stay to fight the boss. and maybe every other gantzer will be transported to a different bigger gantz room were they will find out about what catastrophe really is then all the gantzers will be transported to where it takes place. Thats just my theory though

Revilenigma
March 16, 2009, 01:50 PM
1. the reason why the gantz suits are infective is because the aliens are strong enough that the suit makes no difference (1000 arms, blade for hand snake bird thing)
2. I don't think gantz would wait till know to say what Katastrophe is, there still 2 or 3 days left till it happens.

GkrewZ
March 16, 2009, 02:33 PM
i still think its gantz fucking up and not sending everyone when he is suppost to

Ruhina
March 16, 2009, 03:29 PM
It's more fucked up when you realise that even if people die due to the time lag, he'll not revive them even though he has the power to do so. We're just toys to be used by those suckers...

cassaruby
March 16, 2009, 03:31 PM
haha @ Skittles, well there are 15 yr olds here, didn't want to make it too easy.

I think Oka was like Nishi at one point. He was the only one, and that's one place the best of the best come from. They are the only ones to survive. And then other people join Oka/Nishi's room and are able to become stronger with their initial support.

It appears Kurono got f'ed up. That's all we know. It was spoilers so Kurono will probably get transfered in ch 295. You know chances are he's not dead.

It could also be time for Katastrophe. Just because our predications say 2-3 more days doesn't mean we didn't miss 2-3 days that weren't shown in the manga.

The other option is Oku has another twist going on, but the day Gantz makes an execption for Kurono to live is the day Gantz makes me sad.

Revilenigma
March 16, 2009, 03:46 PM
according to the captions there should be 2-3 days left and I remember Kurono being transferred saying: "at a time like this... we got a mission"
[hr]
have you noticed on the bottom left side of one of the pages it looks like Kei is being transferred.

Nutype
March 16, 2009, 04:27 PM
i have a feeling that perhaps the suits are malfunctioning and they are not doing what they are supposed to do. This could be the reason why gantz is bringing them back.

Renan
March 16, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm glad that everyone else survived. Damn Kurono got left behind. He better not die again. Then again this is Gantz.

cassaruby
March 16, 2009, 04:43 PM
have you noticed on the bottom left side of one of the pages it looks like Kei is being transferred.

Nishi.

dariusmg
March 16, 2009, 05:43 PM
<3 inaba dead <3 i never thought this day would come! awesome chapter.
Lets wait for chaper to see the true

xKhan
March 16, 2009, 06:40 PM
Aaahhhhh, loving this manga so much right now. Intense and dramatic.

fancyultrafresh
March 16, 2009, 07:35 PM
I think it’d be silly to have Kurono die again :| He’ll probably transfer at the last minute or something.

gHZoDD
March 16, 2009, 09:23 PM
from the spoiler pic, am I seeing it right or does it look like the boss has wings?

102jayday
March 16, 2009, 10:39 PM
..i wake up check to see if there are more spoilers, i see a new post on that forum and are like yes!!! awesome!!! and i go in and see its just meaningless words. the dispointment i felt...should be a rule bout that its crushing ppl's joy or excitement and being very let down lol ...

yes gHZoDD the boss has ANGEL WINGS

my point before seems like no one has taken notice of that decent predection and went on about hoi hoi getting 100 points!! lol
IMP gantz might be able to read hoi hoi thoughts, or hoi hoi would do touch screen on #3 then the face of izumi. hoi hoi can hug ppl so its possible.

gHZoDD
March 16, 2009, 10:49 PM
ooo angel wings, metatron? gabriel?

http://www.armageddonbooks.com/statue.jpg
looks kind of like http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1610/spoilerpicy.jpg

i looked up winged statues on google and clicked on an antichrist link and found it

http://www.armageddonbooks.com/cupoftea.html

cassaruby
March 16, 2009, 10:50 PM
..i wake up check to see if there are more spoilers, i see a new post on that forum and are like yes!!! awesome!!! and i go in and see its just meaningless words. the dispointment i felt...should be a rule bout that its crushing ppl's joy or excitement and being very let down lol ...

my point before seems like no one has taken notice of that decent predection and went on about hoi hoi getting 100 points!! lol
IMP gantz might be able to read hoi hoi thoughts, or hoi hoi would do touch screen on #3 then the face of izumi. hoi hoi can hug ppl so its possible.

maybe no one replied because there's not much to argue. seems plausible to me.
want a high five? *puts hand up*

Skittles
March 16, 2009, 10:58 PM
The boss is pretty damn strong, nearly took out half of Kurono with an arm swipe. Wonder what it can do in its true form. ^^
[hr]

I feel your pain. :(

xi0
March 17, 2009, 02:25 AM
There is a rule against posting anything but spoilers in the pic and summaries thread, but mods aren't always around to delete those posts.

NumeroUno
March 17, 2009, 02:34 AM
The boss is pretty damn strong, nearly took out half of Kurono with an arm swipe. Wonder what it can do in its true form. ^^
<hr noshade size="1">

I feel your pain. :(

I don't think all boss aliens have more than one form.

Dhazard
March 17, 2009, 06:06 AM
There is a rule against posting anything but spoilers in the pic and summaries thread, but mods aren't always around to delete those posts.

Totally off topic, but I missed you, xi0. Don't know if you have been active these past few days, since I am very busy right now :darn
Back on topic
Hopefully Kurono doesn't die again, that would be really uncool - but who knows what is in store for the others with the cliffhanger of Kurono not reappearing on Gantz's Room - perhaps he will go to another one instead

Semtex_Jack
March 17, 2009, 06:41 AM
Could this be Gantz playing with kurono again? The gantz rules are normally pretty strict, but for some reason he sent Kurono alone on one mission, and also set the condition that he had to get a certain number of points in the following mission.

Back then it made me think there must be some intelligence behind gantz, and perhaps this is that intelligence screwing with kurono again.

Damura
March 17, 2009, 07:43 AM
^
No, not alone. Considering this mission, perhaps it was just one of those times where no new players are added to the team. It's possible that every once in a while the team gets no new people and that the Shorty mission was one of these times.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 08:10 AM
When it came to the Chibi alien mission I think that not a enough people died in Tokyo so Kei was stuck with himself. Gantz takes 1/10 people who die, remember after the Shinjuku shooting the room had 23? people in the room.

ace3106
March 17, 2009, 10:16 AM
how with his arm torn off

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 10:17 AM
The spoilers remind me of the Shorty Alien mission! :p

I predict Kei Kurono will show us new killer moves.

I hope not, this should be enough to K.O. him...

I would be a little :mad if Kurono can fight like crazy even with that kind of wounds.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 10:22 AM
It reminds me more of the sniper dude from osaka.

Semtex_Jack
March 17, 2009, 10:23 AM
Would be cool if:

Kurono looks like he's toast.

Squished Inaba takes one last shot at the boss using a nearby H-Gun, killing it completely by fluke.

Inaba then gets 100 points and revives old man.

Not gonna happen, but would be interesting :P

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 10:26 AM
that would be pretty funny, but I think that giant is just a mini-boss, I'm sure the boss is probably far off and fighting some American, German and Isrealy teams.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
I really like Kei, I loved how he went from being a perverted douche bag into becoming a hero who wants to save the world, it'll be really annoying if he dies cause someone will have to waste their 100 points reviving him again.

digitaldude
March 17, 2009, 10:44 AM
I bet, every international team has left behind their "best players".

Kei Kurono might get to see the "Kei Kurono of America", "Kei Kurono of Germany", "Kei Kurono of Israel", etc. It will be like a gathering of Supermen. :p

Seriously, I want Kei Kurono to be all alone in the Italy mission and get killed. Oku might finally fulfill my wish since Volume 1. Kei Kurono must die permanently. LOL. ROFL. :Haha
Yeah me too, katou would be pissed off though and if inaba makes it he will probably be the only guy with 100 points which is cool because he also hates kurono.

Charlie
March 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
Wow this is turning out to be some crazy event. The weird shit gets more loco, so now it seems like the transfer started and Kei is left behind with damaged goods. Here I was hoping we would get some more info on what was going on and Oku pulled a fast one. So much for the other teams/new weapons. Man, did not see this coming, and it has great suspense as well.

I don't belive Kei is dead, sure his hand was gone and face seemed burned but, its too early to call it quits for him. Can't wait to get more info/pictures.

ace3106
March 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
yeah because kei could get transfer soon too mabey he was the last person who got transfer n as long as hes still alive it doesnt matter the only thing would b hurt is his pride

BrazilianGantzer
March 17, 2009, 11:28 AM
We will see new weapons and other teams. Trust me when I say this. :p

The Italy mission is not officially over. Kei Kurono is just left behind. Finally, Oku heard my prayers that Kei needs to suffer more!

You couldn't have been more right, dude! I also wanna see more weapons / Kei suffer :p

Psylight
March 17, 2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah Kurono needs to suffer
Maybe the teams are re-called due to similar situation over their home-place, so Gantz leave just a few to try to clear the mess in rome and the ones that return will be sent to another mission

¬Bol
March 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know which statue is that (imho horrible) angel? I have never seen it.

Mikako
March 17, 2009, 12:03 PM
~Miaka!
~Tamahome!
~Miakaaa!

Kurono and Katou sure like this a lot.
Scattered Inaba was creepy but this is probably the lat time I see him so... And finally good look at vampires who're getting less and less screentime.

It was fun to read this chapter, everyone were so happy, lol.

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 12:04 PM
Is David...:D

It seems he changed his penis for a pair of wings...

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 12:20 PM
I wonder if Kurono got a shot off in the end?

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 12:30 PM
And those people speaking english, wtf.

a bald ugly guy and a guy who says yippee. *embarrassed*

back to the shot. Specifically a shot that kills David.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 12:39 PM
It's don't think it's david. It's some evil angel thing: http://www.armageddonbooks.com/cupoftea.html the hair is a bit different. It could also be based on a painting maybe?

¬Bol
March 17, 2009, 12:40 PM
Is David...:D

It seems he changed his penis for a pair of wings...

That's not David ._.
I've seen David, it's different ._.
David was a king, was a man, not an angel ._.

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
It's not david. It's some evil angel thing: http://www.armageddonbooks.com/cupoftea.html

No, it's not...also, i don't think there is a big sculpture of that one.

It would be nice if it were, because David looks weird with those wings, but you just have to see the details on the statue's face, just looks like david.

It could be this guy too:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2361/1697669799_71256fd31a.jpg?v=0

But i don't think so...David is a famous statue and was the winner of an alien constest, it had to appear even if some changes were required.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 12:49 PM
They do have the same face but why does the aliens arms and legs look burnt and shriveled? is there a gantz weapon that shoots acid?

shades7000
March 17, 2009, 12:50 PM
So.......who else laughed when a couple of the American guys started saying things like "Yippee!" and "Wheeeee!" when they were being transferred? lol

cesarwgd
March 17, 2009, 12:50 PM
Damn Reika's still alive, she must die, she's useless to the plot and she never gets seriously hurt....i bet at the end she will suffer a terrible death like kishimoto did jojojojo....and finaly inaba's gone forever :D:D:D:D:D:D

warbandit66
March 17, 2009, 12:55 PM
So.......who else laughed when a couple of the American guys started saying things like "Yippee!" and "Wheeeee!" when they were being transferred? lol

Yeah I thought it was hilarious, as soon as anybody of another nationality is portrayed Oku throws in stereotypes.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 12:56 PM
could be this guy: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3240/2766715723_0b2b4cd981.jpg?v=0
[hr]
I think the Yippeee! and WHeeee! guys were french.

NumeroUno
March 17, 2009, 12:59 PM
Lol everyone hating on Kurono... Kei is actually "one" of the best characters imo. It just wouldn't feel right with anyone else as main character besides Nishi.

Vegeta76896
March 17, 2009, 01:09 PM
Awesome new Chapther. I just hope Kei will survive. It would be cool as hell if he manages to kill the boss, but I would be pleased enough with him coming back alive. If he dies..man that would suck.

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 01:13 PM
Lol everyone hating on Kurono... Kei is actually "one" of the best characters imo. It just wouldn't feel right with anyone else as main character besides Nishi.

Kurono just holds everyone else down :p.
Takeshi has the real potential, followed by Katou & Nishi.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 01:16 PM
If it weren't for Kurono everyone would be dead.

Vegeta76896
March 17, 2009, 01:17 PM
I think Nishi wouldn´t work very well as a main charackter. That would take this mysterious feeling away. We would know a lot more about him and besides beeing a badass this charackter isn´t represented very much.
I can´t imagin him to be a good main figure.

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
I think Nishi wouldn´t work very well as a main charackter. That would take this mysterious feeling away. We would know a lot more about him and besides beeing a badass this charackter isn´t represented very much.
I can´t imagin him to be a good main figure.

I agree it would be very difficult to make Nishi the main and not ruin his mysterious side.

Also, Kurono can be replaced by something new.. where there's a will there's a way. Say replace him with a zen master, a tai chi expert... good to go from the start, even though those examples have weaknesses.

shinjinjou
March 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
lol everyone wants kurono dead. they want reika dead. you want all the characters dead? rofl then there's no one to focus on or even run the whole manga around. you want it to be all about hoi hoi? seriously, some or even 1 gantzer has to live. killing kurono seems to be just a shrug of a shoulder of not knowing what to do with him character or plot wise...kinda cheapens bringing him back and katou manning up and doing everything in the last mission to revive him. IF he dies, makes the the entire osaka arc pointless and might as well have killed everyone or just get weapons. true its a twister or just funny for some of you sadists but offing kurono is equal to not reviving him and having katou die instead and have the whole thing revolve around reika and strawberry and the two vampires...who did nothing other than run around with h-guns. i'll get off my soap box and say that kurono is not the only one not not transfered. maybe the creme of the creme are left. or kurono is left because gantz is sick or something or testing how good he really is before katastrophe. or maybe he just dies and we get another year of a mission squeezed in before katastrophe that dedicates to the rest of the team trying to get 100 pts to revive him. who knows.

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 01:27 PM
Apparently back in the day after the Chibi Alien arc the japanese fans thought that Sakurai would be for some reason become the new main character.

cesarwgd
March 17, 2009, 01:36 PM
Now that i think, too bad old man died, i wanted to see him and kurono kicking some aliens ass, they did a good team.....it's all up to hoi hoi now

ace3106
March 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
hell yeah they did does any1 no when the whole chapter of 294 cumin out and i belive kei will live because he still have time 2 transfer back

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 01:51 PM
how did his body get all the way to kurono? did suzuki drag his stump of a body.

Amnesiac
March 17, 2009, 02:24 PM
Best. Chapter. Ever.

I loved it. It was specially sick reading it while listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjxef8AfVQg).
[hr]
Now on to the analysis:

1. WTF! Why are they being transfered without killing all the aliens? This gives me the same creepy feeling I got when gantz was all messed up and sent them to Italy in a hurry. Could gantz be sending them straight to another fight somewhere else?

2. Inaba and the old man could actually survive, I very much doubt that(specially for the old man, with the dead-wife seeing and all), but the last line from narration seems to imply it's a possibility.

3. There's a strong chance Kurono will die. It would then be the perfect excuse for Reika to revive him. It would also be extremely cool if just before Kurono got completely ripped to shreds, his h-gun went off and flatted the angel into puddle of goo.

Oh, and in page 9, bottom square, lulz at the expression of the alien.

Amnesiac
March 17, 2009, 02:36 PM
They are transfered without killing all the aliens, because Gantz has a higher priority to take care of: Katastrophe.

Gantz pulled them out of Italy, because there is a bigger threat out there. :p

I think we've already established gantz purpose isn't to "protect the earth from the aliens".
[hr]

7.) Hoi-Hoi

HoiHoi is already dead.

Googlez_kun
March 17, 2009, 02:36 PM
Yes. I want all the character to die. Their deaths will make me happy. I am not joking.

I am disappointed that Oku lost his balls and surrendered to fans of certain characters. Chapter 294 is disappointing, because not a lot of people have died.

Hopefully, in the upcoming chapters, more characters will die.

Here are the character that I want to die.
1.) Cherry
2.) Kaze
3.) Takeshi
4.) Reika
5.) Kill Bill chick
5.) Nishi
6.) Host Samurai
7.) Hoi-Hoi
8.) Kei Kurono
9.) Anyone else besides Katou. Katou can die too, if his death will be entertaining. :p

They are transfered without killing all the aliens, because Gantz has a higher priority to take care of: Katastrophe.

Gantz pulled them out of Italy, because there is a bigger threat out there. :p
so why did he sent them there in the first place?:eyeroll

Revilenigma
March 17, 2009, 02:39 PM
Katasrophe is still 2-3 days away, maybe their are alien invasions all over the world?

Mikako
March 17, 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm also rooting for this. they're going to be sent somewhere else. Or Gantz is just completely broken.

Ruhina
March 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
From the looks of it, the Gantzers did a good job cleaning up Rome. Most of the aliens are already dead, though the final boss is still alive (seeing as the last alien standing is the Gabriel-statue). It doesn't look like Kuruno has been left behind though, it's more like it really is just a lag. He only has to stay alive for a minute or so to be transfered.

Also, whoever gave Gabriel the wounds it had, they must have met a painful death immedately after...

warbandit66
March 17, 2009, 03:26 PM
He pulled them out of Italy because that mission is doomed, Italy is going to be destroyed in the wake of this.

Skittles
March 17, 2009, 03:40 PM
Haha, I was right :P. David does infact attack by swinging his arm. Just like those statues in the buddha mission did :O. Lmao, they even have the same arm postion. XD
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-06.html?ch=Volume%2006&pg=GANTZ_v06c66p134.jpg

Another very long wait for the next chapter. :(

subaru052
March 17, 2009, 03:50 PM
@gantz556
man you need to stfu with the kurono bashing. i mean seriously you told the board how much you hate him in 14 different ways in 14 different posts, nobody cares. kurono = way awesomer than you hehehe :eyeroll

@skittles
its not that long of a wait. still waiting on the new berserk here~ :darn

@everyone talking about the quick transfer
Im thinking 2 things, but this mission was bugged out. if teams from all over the world are there, it might have been a mistake. i bet you guys no points will be given out. if this was a legit gantz mission and the teams were pulled out w/o the boss dying everyones points would go to 0. it seems like this mission should not have happened for some teams. i also am skeptical about the best saved for last theory. seems like kurono is gonna get beat around and then transferred. kyou's headshot was freakin deep, this looks like its just ripping the skin off.

page 10+11 are so mmmm

Starzen
March 17, 2009, 03:51 PM
great chapter I cant wait for the next to see kurono finishing off the boss.

Skittles
March 17, 2009, 03:57 PM
I think the Aliens found a way to temp take control of Gantz :P. After Gantz(or who ever controls Gantz) gained back control, he started to teleport them back.(because the mission was to hard for their current level)

duktu
March 17, 2009, 04:13 PM
so why did he sent them there in the first place?:eyeroll

Well I've got a crazy theory:
Maybe Gantz send them there to gather points? Even the smallest angels could rip the gantzers apart. Such things didn't happen while the suits were working properly. With the exception of the 100pointer guy.
So my thought is this - maybe even the smallest angels were like 50-70 pointers? Therefore each of the surviving gantzers accumulated a few hundreds points and they can now restock on weapons and resurrect all the bad asses (Izumi and ... Kurono again)?

That would be fun to watch, as most gantzers would probably get suits like Oku and the osaka team would use all their points on resurrections (loosers ;) )

Charlie
March 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
Some one help me figure this out, the last two pages were a tad confusing. On page 16 (http://mangahelpers.com/s/otakucentralfansub/readonline/17068/16#apicture)states that, there was a forced ending or the mission was canceled without the boss being defeated. The survivors (who are still left on the ground?) suffer from a time lag? Which would seem to imply that Kurrono got hit with the lag (http://mangahelpers.com/s/otakucentralfansub/readonline/17068/17#apicture)? Would that mean some kind of weapon was used here to create the lag or am I interpreting this wrongly?

warbandit66
March 17, 2009, 04:28 PM
It looks to me that everything in Kurono's area is being ripped away.

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 04:29 PM
I think we've already established gantz purpose isn't to "protect the earth from the aliens".

Yes, but still the Catastrophe have definitely more priority than a normal mission.

IMO, this mission wasn't planed as the normal mission we have seen before, the weird language in the Gantz sphere and the lights off at the room makes me think that. Maybe this aliens went out of control before they were suposed to.

Gantz could be sending them to the room just to begin officially the "Catastrophe", then he could send them again to the battlefield, it could be another city.

-------------

My predictions for the next chapter:

Kei even with his wounds is still standing and pressing both triggers of the 100 pointer gun and kills The Winged David. Then he also is transfered to the room.

The score begins, but the Gantz sphere is still showing that weird mixed langauge so anybody can see their scores, but at the end they are able to choose one of the options analyzing the changes of the dialoge on the black sphere.

Then the lights turn on and the sphere plays the music, a different message appears announcing the beginning of the Catastrophe, and a new target appears.

Amnesiac
March 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
Yes, but still the Catastrophe have definitely more priority than a normal mission.

But isn't the Catastrophe still 2 days away or something?

Maybe this aliens went out of control before they were suposed to.

This I like.

Charlie-kun, I think what Oku means with time lag is simply pointing out that gantz doesn't start everyone's transfer at the same time, how fast your transfer starts in a mission like this may very well be the difference between life and death (Kurono, Old man, Inaba).

llamapie
March 17, 2009, 04:47 PM
so lemme get this straight. the boss wasn't killed and gantz forgot to transfer kei?

also, is kei dead? half of his face was blown off.

GAAHHHH, the suspense!! these aren't spoilers! they're just teasing us!! why do the spoilers guys just scan bits and pieces?! :(

How ironic would it be for kei to die right after he was revived again.

warbandit66
March 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
The whole of Europe is damned now, the statues in Rome are tearing shit up so it's not a stretch to assume that the statues in every other nation across Europe are doing the same.

GkrewZ
March 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
honestly i think the lives of all the injured pple are in kuronos hands

i think all the people who were not hurt(fataly i mean) were sent back and all the others are suffering from the short time lag of kuronos h gun. like he got hit bad but maybe if that shot he took at the end or(possible fight while mostly dismembered next chap) will decide weather him and the others get transported or not since he did get hit right when pple were getting transported ad right b4 he (from what i think) was about to start getting sent

also when it said some were not meant to be heros i figured this could be the whole "but others are destend for greatness" or something like that

teh100pointer
March 17, 2009, 04:53 PM
There is blood on Nishi's face. If he had fight, he will probably reach 100 point. What will he choose ? I can't wait. Kurono will survive for sure.

By the way: This is my first post here, hi guys!

Skittles
March 17, 2009, 04:55 PM
Some one help me figure this out, the last two pages were a tad confusing. On page 16 (http://mangahelpers.com/s/otakucentralfansub/readonline/17068/16#apicture)states that, there was a forced ending or the mission was canceled without the boss being defeated. The survivors (who are still left on the ground?) suffer from a time lag? Which would seem to imply that Kurrono got hit with the lag (http://mangahelpers.com/s/otakucentralfansub/readonline/17068/17#apicture)? Would that mean some kind of weapon was used here to create the lag or am I interpreting this wrongly?
Kurono got hit with the wind coming from the boss's arm when he swung it.

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 04:55 PM
But isn't the Catastrophe still 2 days away or something?

I'm not sure...I always tought that the Catastrophe was closer than that.

But even if this isn't the Catastrophe, i don't think Gantz would begin the transfer so soon so they can rest, i'm sure they are about to be transfered to another mission...but i wonder if Gantz would give the score first.

:o

CrYpTs
March 17, 2009, 05:01 PM
@subaru waiting on berserk
god bless your patience

He pulled them out of Italy because that mission is doomed, Italy is going to be destroyed in the wake of this.

I agree with you 100%. these guys don't stand a chance. This winged boss is definitely stronger than nuri. Nuri had like 8 forms, half of which were only there to toy with the ppl he killed. This guy however, doesn't fuck around. He pounded Inaba, farted kei's arm off. this guy is bad ass.

I also have a morbid prediction. Something i've always thought of since the beginning of gantz. Since the ball is all laggy and bugged out. Could it be possible that the transfer might NOT heal the wounds in battle? If kurono makes it, he gets transfered in, ripped arm and all. I dunno, i think it'd be crazy.

Someone mentioned something about the reporter. I think the lag issue might be getting caused by him. Maybe he's messing around in the factory. I never liked that guy... this manga is great. oku is a genius.

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 05:12 PM
I don't agree...

David is Huge, Strong, his body material can pass trough functional suits, and have a special ability that consists in a "wind blast" similar to the Inugami (We don't know if the Inugami could pass trough functional suits, George evaded all of his "wind" attacks).

But Nuri was on another level...eye beams, regeneration, super strenght (defeated the super suit with raw strenght, with no "suit piercing" body), psychic blast, multiplication, etc.

Lizard Nuri would have already destroyed Kei's weapon along with his arm.

GkrewZ
March 17, 2009, 05:22 PM
I don't agree...

David is Huge, Strong, his body material can pass trough functional suits, and have a special ability that consists in a "wind blast" similar to the Inugami (We don't know if the Inugami could pass trough functional suits, George evaded all of his "wind" attacks).

But Nuri was on another level...eye beams, regeneration, super strenght (defeated the super suit with raw strenght, with no "suit piercing" body), psychic blast, multiplication, etc.

i agree on what your saying
unless this winged "david" statue has something new up its sleeve then its no where near what nuri wat cranking out. I dont evan think this is a 100 pointer i think the only reason why this mission was honestly so difficult was the numbers of aliens and how they can rip you apart really easy other then that they are not really all that strong defenceivly

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 05:23 PM
@ Gat
agreed, Nuri's weakness was that he was so playful.

David/Statueman gives you only one chance. His knee already got shot so one solid hit and he's gone. Who will hit first? and is Kurono in condition to continue?

I can't imagine Kurono losing, but it would be amazing if he did. Based on that I say Kurono lives and Oku used his last credible Kurono might die card.

GkrewZ
March 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
i agree cass
Oku always loves to play the Kurono might die card because it works lol but im certain that Kurono will make it out alive and we will probably be in shock on how he managed to take the damn thing out in some badass way"like the diving into budda's head yo"
im sure this next chap will be full of epic win

onix
March 17, 2009, 05:31 PM
I was wondering about transfer.There are still aliens around but so far all missions ended after boss was dead.Maybe real boss was killed by some other team far away from Tokyo team and "mission" ended.Its not like gantz care about some crappy 5 pointers.It would be insteresting if Kei was saved by the transfer and some aliens were still alive.

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 05:41 PM
I was wondering about transfer.There are still aliens around but so far all missions ended after boss was dead.Maybe real boss was killed by some other team far away from Tokyo team and "mission" ended.Its not like gantz care about some crappy 5 pointers.It would be insteresting if Kei was saved by the transfer and some aliens were still alive.

It's hard for me to believe they take out all the little aliens every mission, when they are always transfered after the boss is out.

This time we just don't know what's going on yet... but odds are Kurono is fighting the boss. At least that's what we're lead to believe.

1. Gantz is broken
2. Catastrophe
3. points missions
4. gantz has a hot date, double date with Katou and Kishimoto!
5. hoihoi pushed the wrong button somewhere

I wonder if Oku makes multiple storyboard options sometimes so he can choose options latter. Maybe he just isn't 100% what his plan is sometimes. Sure, he maps it out, but maybe sometime he sets it up so he can change later.

GAT-X252
March 17, 2009, 05:53 PM
I was wondering...what if this missions are somekind of test?

The people behind this are testing the levels of the tems around the world making them fight dangerous aliens "catastrophe-level".

Gantz may give weapons with somekind of upgrade like the Gantz Sword with Cables and the X Gun with cables.

:o

Maybe after this Gantz determines that the teams aren't at the level of the challenge and will give them better basic equipment so they can be more equal.

Is just a theory, but it can be possible...not now but at the beggining of the Catastrophe.

kaliayev
March 17, 2009, 06:18 PM

Indeed, but Nura's first few forms weren't nearly as impressive as David's first form (yes, a transforming David would be intense).

But even if this isn't the Catastrophe, i don't think Gantz would begin the transfer so soon so they can rest, i'm sure they are about to be transfered to another mission...but i wonder if Gantz would give the score first.

Agreed. Gat's come up with most of the decent explanations thus far, but I have an alternative. The original targets for this mission have been destroyed. The boss for this group was probably the Oceanus statue or the weird one with the tambourine. Everything else, like David and whatever statues remain, came in after the targets were determined/the mission started (we did have arguments about the implications of the locations of various statues that showed up). In two previous missions, the vamps were on the hunting ground, influencing events, without actually being considered targets for that mission. Obviously, what's going on with the remaining three is similar to the end of the Dino mission (ironically, HS might fall victim to the reversal of his earlier position). Since the other occurrence of a consecutive mission allowed for a point tally, they may be given the chance to spend whatever they earned (given the malfunctions, hard to say).

On that note, I get the feeling that one of the remaining three (Kurono, HS, and Kill Bill) will be killed. While it may not end up being Kurono, I don't think we're actually going to be privy to the death scene (probably events leading up to it). Whoever survives will show up and we won't see a corpse until they're sent back out (btw, I think they'll be sent to the same location, but with a revised target list).

p.s. Where's that radar when you need it?

p.p.s. Assuming no one dies, Kurono's going to be carried out of David's range by HS.

GkrewZ
March 17, 2009, 06:22 PM
Gat ima have to disagree with you because if Gantz just gave the weaker teams better stuff it would kinda ruin the whole point of the points thus kinda just making the whole game of Gantz kinda medeocer and pointless

I think the rules on gaining new weapons and everything will still apply just like always but possibly with a larger selection

Amnesiac
March 17, 2009, 07:44 PM
Haha, just noticed in Reika's page that there's 3 other guys across the rooftops.

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 07:49 PM
the question might be what level of weapons does catastrophe require?
Kaze could use a supersuit, he's pretty gimp.
Certain frontline fighters could use an H gun.
Cherry could use a supersuit.

how much more upgrades do tokyo need to participate?
More than nothing lol.

what is the easiest solution to allow tokyo team a significant role?
Include more teams.

how will Oku make it credible and epic, yet keep the realism?
Hiroshima + Osaka + Tokyo, + a twist?
The next mission we'll learn what role Japan has in all this.

souleater9492
March 17, 2009, 09:53 PM
My Theories so far:

1. Gantz teleports them back to the room, is still malfunctioning, and sends them right back out to a new location.

2. Gantz teleports them back, tells them whats going on (While not telling them everything) Nishi smiles, and then their sent somewhere else.

3. they're all teleported to a huge room with all of the remaining Hunters (German Factory?) and are briefed.

4. They return home and are let go. When they walk outside, they notice that Tokyo is a wasteland, similar to Italy and immediately take the offensive on an unknown enemy.

Kei Theories:

1. He's dead. Simple. The David alien kills him and we're all shocked.

2. Him and David kill each other at the same time.

3. He teleported, but not to the same place as the rest of the team.

4.He kills the alien and is then teleported back.

5. Kei is saved by a hunter(s) who was not teleported, much like Kei. Wether or not there is a reason the other hunter wasn't teleported is still unclear, even in my imagination.

P.S. I bet some new piece of technology will make it's debut next chapter.

CrYpTs
March 17, 2009, 09:59 PM
i wonder if hoi hoi survived this brutal onslaught. I also thought about this: what if Gantz gives every team member 999 points each, since it's all screwed up and all. I think it would give the team a huge boost in arsenal like what cass and GAT said.

if that were to happen, kaze would make Takeshi be free. We'd probably see old gantzers come back (izumi, etc.) and I would say a few panels of Kurono giving a speech on who will choose to represent humans in this final epic battle, those who want to leave should do so right now. Definitely, I think kei, kaze, katou, and nishi would stay. as far as sakurai, kill bill, and reika.... i don't know

maybe I'm just ranting on, but I think that would be awesome.

souleater9492
March 17, 2009, 10:08 PM
Haha, just noticed in Reika's page that there's 3 other guys across the rooftops.

I noticed that too!:)

Seems like Reika wasn't the only person thinking of sniping.

This mission has me excited though. Think of how bad this mission must have been. When the Tokyo team got there, it was pretty much over. Tons of Hunters were dead and a lot of Aliens were either dead or...deadish. The boss usually never reveals its true form till around the end of the mission so considering how this boss has already killed inaba, blew off part of Kei's face and has already taken damage from an unknown source, we could say this mission has been going for a while. So if another mission is possibly going to be started, that might be even more chaotic than this mission. When Katastrophe starts, it's going to be a frigging shitstorm. I have a feeling when it does, some door in the room that was locked is going to open up, and there's gonna be something crazy in there.

hoi2009
March 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
My Theories so far:

1. Gantz teleports them back to the room, is still malfunctioning, and sends them right back out to a new location.

2. Gantz teleports them back, tells them whats going on (While not telling them everything) Nishi smiles, and then their sent somewhere else.

3. they're all teleported to a huge room with all of the remaining Hunters (German Factory?) and are briefed.

4. They return home and are let go. When they walk outside, they notice that Tokyo is a wasteland, similar to Italy and immediately take the offensive on an unknown enemy.

Kei Theories:

1. He's dead. Simple. The David alien kills him and we're all shocked.

2. Him and David kill each other at the same time.

3. He teleported, but not to the same place as the rest of the team.

4.He kills the alien and is then teleported back.

5. Kei is saved by a hunter(s) who was not teleported, much like Kei. Wether or not there is a reason the other hunter wasn't teleported is still unclear, even in my imagination.

P.S. I bet some new piece of technology will make it's debut next chapter.

we can never guess what's going on,that's the most attactive point of the story

i think kerono will get big injuries.When he almost dead,the transfer started:)

cassaruby
March 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
i wonder if hoi hoi survived this brutal onslaught. I also thought about this: what if Gantz gives every team member 999 points each, since it's all screwed up and all. I think it would give the team a huge boost in arsenal like what cass and GAT said.

if that were to happen, kaze would make Takeshi be free. We'd probably see old gantzers come back (izumi, etc.) and I would say a few panels of Kurono giving a speech on who will choose to represent humans in this final epic battle, those who want to leave should do so right now. Definitely, I think kei, kaze, katou, and nishi would stay. as far as sakurai, kill bill, and reika.... i don't know

maybe I'm just ranting on, but I think that would be awesome.

and then when the mission starts all the equipment is taken away and the newly revived people can't breathe air.

Skittles
March 17, 2009, 10:40 PM
and then when the mission starts all the equipment is taken away and the newly revived people can't breathe air.
Oh, and your limbs randomly explode.

ace3106
March 17, 2009, 11:43 PM
then ur lips are riped out your mouth huh

cassaruby
March 18, 2009, 12:01 AM
Morale of the story:
Gantz taketh away with a smile, yet gives it reluctently.

He wouldn't give Izumi his weapon until the next mission started, what an asshole.

I don't believe the vampire organization has isolated itself to Japan. Also, I'm guessing whoever made Gantz made vampires, with the same source of advanced technology.

Emmanra
March 18, 2009, 12:13 AM
I just read the chapter Amazing. The Boss-certain death. I hope Kurono squeezes a win before he get transfers and gets enough points to bring back the old man. Only thing i didnt like is all the one liners and ohhh..and ahhh...

Highlights
Kaze and Takashi survive
Katou Survive
and maybe Kei
I hope hoi hoi gets reaches 100 points and revives boyfriend

Skittles
March 18, 2009, 01:04 AM
I'm guessing we'll call this mission the "Art Alien Mission"? XD

cassaruby
March 18, 2009, 01:16 AM

I prefer David father of Solomon father to the father's of the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah & Jesus Mission

Kozar927
March 18, 2009, 01:28 AM
I cant help but notice a similarity of Keis situation now and his at the end of the anime. What if Gantz just hates kei like he did in the anime lmao. And now he wants him dead. The anime portrays gantz as a monster who hates kei for just surviving 3 missions. What if Oku liked that idea and used it for the manga. If so oku would take Kei back to the subway were he first died ::rolls eyes::

In the immortal words of comic book guy: "Worst Anime ever"

=P

georgemarvin
March 18, 2009, 01:58 AM
@teh100pointer: Welcome to our little group. Feel free to post any theories you have about Gantz.

Looks like I was half right at the start of this mission: I predicted that Old Man would die while saving Inaba. Looks like I was right about the Old Man's sacrifice, but the cockroach got stepped on anyway.

Now for my predictions:
1. I think that the mission ended because the guy from another team on page 8 had taken out the real boss, the Zeus statue that was cut in half in front of him, and the David statue is just a mini-boss.
2. I think it's still possible that Old Man will survive.
3. Several of the Gantz team will have 100 points. If Kei dies, Reika will ask Gantz if he can bring back Kei from before he met Tae; she will then use her 100 points to bring back the Kei from just after the 1000 arms mission.
4. In the unlikely event that Kei lives, Reika may still decide to make a new "copy" of Kei, anyway.
5. Nishi will be given the choice between freedom and something totally different from the BFG that everybody else can choose. He will reveal that he has cleared the 100 points several times.
6. If Hoi Hoi lives and gets 100 points, he will revive Izumi. Remember that Butter Dog understood Gantz; I'm sure Hoi Hoi would be able to communicate with Gantz even better than the dog could.

cassaruby
March 18, 2009, 02:32 AM
1. David's power up looked insane compared to the other statues fast movements.
5. Nishi's a real jerk if he's still hiding obviously crazy information like that, even after their Tokyo team conference. Kurono dying all the time and Nishi pulling info out his ass will get old.

102jayday
March 18, 2009, 03:10 AM
welcome back george! long time since i seen u on these threads.
first i must say nishi looked awesome when he was half invisible and felt the transfer.

this is perfect if kurono is still able to fight i hope.. i want kurono to pwn time to show why his the main character, it would make him look weak dying so soon again.

@george. yeah if he does die i reckon reika will do that.

NumeroUno
March 18, 2009, 03:46 AM
Whoa this chapter was intense. Im guessing HS and Kill bill chick had some rough times also since they looked tired.

I think the David statue is not only strong but must be the fastest one out there. Kei just barely missed David's knee with the H gun. So close... :darn

Damura
March 18, 2009, 04:20 AM
The boss seemed a lot bigger when all we could see was it's foot....
[hr]
Too bad the transfers only occur one at a time. I think Kaze should be congratulated for not only surviving, but managing to hold on to Takeshi for the entire time as well.

Amigo!
March 18, 2009, 04:30 AM
am i the only one that's disappointed with this latest chapter? there's no dialogue and the mission just ends wth?
i guess gantz figured this latest mission was a waste of resources, i bet they don't even get points when they transfer back.

Damura
March 18, 2009, 04:55 AM
@teh100pointer: Welcome to our little group. Feel free to post any theories you have about Gantz.

Looks like I was half right at the start of this mission: I predicted that Old Man would die while saving Inaba. Looks like I was right about the Old Man's sacrifice, but the cockroach got stepped on anyway.

Now for my predictions:
1. I think that the mission ended because the guy from another team on page 8 had taken out the real boss, the Zeus statue that was cut in half in front of him, and the David statue is just a mini-boss.
2. I think it's still possible that Old Man will survive.
3. Several of the Gantz team will have 100 points. If Kei dies, Reika will ask Gantz if he can bring back Kei from before he met Tae; she will then use her 100 points to bring back the Kei from just after the 1000 arms mission.
4. In the unlikely event that Kei lives, Reika may still decide to make a new "copy" of Kei, anyway.
5. Nishi will be given the choice between freedom and something totally different from the BFG that everybody else can choose. He will reveal that he has cleared the 100 points several times.
6. If Hoi Hoi lives and gets 100 points, he will revive Izumi. Remember that Butter Dog understood Gantz; I'm sure Hoi Hoi would be able to communicate with Gantz even better than the dog could.

If Nishi has cleared several times before, why does he have to pick up another teams H-gun? If the answer is that he lost all his rewards when he died, why would he get different options on the rewards menu?

If the mission ended because the boss was killed, that would just confuse everything. Why would Gantz just go for a specific target, and let all of the other aliens roam around Italy unchallenged? The only thing I can think of in that case is that either Gantz has deemed the army capable of taking care of the rest of the aliens, or it doesn't give a fuck about people and has some other motive.

I wonder if reviving a Kei from the past will work, and how the team is going to respond to Reika when she does something completely fucked up like that.

Just wondering, but do you REALLY think the Old man has a chance? He was tossed around all over the place during that mission.
[hr]

am i the only one that's disappointed with this latest chapter? there's no dialogue and the mission just ends wth?
i guess gantz figured this latest mission was a waste of resources, i bet they don't even get points when they transfer back.

I was only disappointed with the size of the alien. I thought it would be a lot bigger for some reason. It was pretty good though otherwise, in my opinion. I don't think much talking was necessary.
[hr]

Nah we'll call it, "that fucking mess in Italy." (Probably just the "Italy mission" though, since we don't know what the boss is called) It's got to be the best mission so far though, hasn't it? I mean come on! Foreign place, foreign teams, foreign aliens, Nishi didn't die, and Inaba got crushed by a giant angel! Not to mention Kei and Katou fighting together once again, side by side with vampires and psychics!

croissant
March 18, 2009, 05:42 AM
Whew, been a long time since i posted here... Amazing chapter! The Sudden transfer was a really nice twist. Just hope that kei makes it.. I wonder if they will really be transferred back to the room.. For all i know, they could just be put back to the room for another mission... or better yet.. they could use their points to buy more equipment then get back into the fray..

Semtex_Jack
March 18, 2009, 06:29 AM
Inaba was the actual final boss for this mission. Since the aliens succesfully killed inaba, they're all going to get transferred back now.

Semtex_Jack
March 18, 2009, 06:47 AM
'A forced ending for this mission - the survivors suffer the consequence of a time lag'

Perhaps the time-lag thats being referred to is the fact that the tokyo team entered the mission late. And you can consider this mission a failure because they didn't defeat all the aliens.

The consequences - that would be them all having their points reset, and having to get 15 points in the next encounter or face deletion.

If thats the case... i feel bad for takeshi >_<

teh100pointer
March 18, 2009, 07:31 AM
It's not exactly about the chapter 294 or 295, but:
The tokyo team why don't use the gantz bike?
They've already used it in the Kappe mission, and it was quite good.

Semtex_Jack
March 18, 2009, 07:54 AM
How did Kurono and Kato have time to get Gantz swords then? Or did they just save them from an earlier mission.

One way or another, for Kato to have a Gantz sword, Kurono would have had to show him that room at some point.

Or is this just a major plothole?

dariusmg
March 18, 2009, 08:42 AM
THanx for chapter nice action, Kei will be ok trust me!

JediKnight
March 18, 2009, 09:28 AM
They got swords the same place where they get the guns. Their suits
can hold multiple weapons at a time. The best example was the Osaka
mission. Kei will survive, he's missing an arm and his face took a lil damage.
But he'll survive. I not to sure if Tokyo team will get points for this mission,
then again was it timed we don't know. Hopefully Gantz is functioning better
in issue 295.

cassaruby
March 18, 2009, 10:24 AM
I suspect Oku uses red herrings to trick us.
They didn't use the bike so we'd forget about it & later SURPRISE!

Charlie
March 18, 2009, 10:26 AM
How did Kurono and Kato have time to get Gantz swords then? Or did they just save them from an earlier mission.

One way or another, for Kato to have a Gantz sword, Kurono would have had to show him that room at some point.

Or is this just a major plothole?

I thought that the suits can store the sword. Kei should have had one stored in his before he was sent free. When he came back, it used the last save with him having the weapon in the suit.

Katou may have picked it up in the room some time and had it stored some time ago. It did not look like they picked it of the ground to me, rather it looked like it came from the suit.

cassaruby
March 18, 2009, 11:39 AM
I disagree. I'm thinking Gantz is a red herring and that's how he tricks us. he leads us in directions until we're run, it would be the most useful tool in mystery stories. He's tactiful with it I'm guessing.

Gantz556 Do you have a chronic posting disorder?
forums are recently swamped with too much to read while I'm working.

georgemarvin
March 18, 2009, 12:21 PM
If Nishi has cleared several times before, why does he have to pick up another teams H-gun? If the answer is that he lost all his rewards when he died, why would he get different options on the rewards menu?

We've discussed the options several times; one theory is that they change according to how many times that you have earned 100 points, regardless of whether you chose to revive somebody or to take the weapon/armor option. That was part of the discussion about Oka's armor and gundam; they theorized that he had used some of his earlier options to revive people, so he skipped some of the rewards.

If the mission ended because the boss was killed, that would just confuse everything. Why would Gantz just go for a specific target, and let all of the other aliens roam around Italy unchallenged? The only thing I can think of in that case is that either Gantz has deemed the army capable of taking care of the rest of the aliens, or it doesn't give a fuck about people and has some other motive.
I never did think that Gantz' motive was to protect people. If it was, he would act much differently. It isn't exactly a game that he's trying to win, either, or he wouldn't have picked up the grandmother and grandson, or Takeshi, or Butter Dog, all of which are extremely poor competitors. Also, he didn't target several of the vampires and elementals during the Oni mission. Only the ones who chose to enter the fight became targets. Gantz could care less about humans; from his perspective, they are there for him to use for his own purposes, just like he said before the first mission.

I wonder if reviving a Kei from the past will work, and how the team is going to respond to Reika when she does something completely fucked up like that.
It looks to me like she's been giving it a lot of thought. As for the team, Nishi could care less. Kaze doesn't seem too bright; he wouldn't have much of a problem with it. Katou, on the other hand, might have some serious moral issues with it, but Kei is Kei to him. Poor Tae won't know what to think when Kei suddenly doesn't know her and moves in with Reika. However, if Kei survives AND Reika rezzes the post-1000 arms version, there may be some serious complications. One other thing: the post-1000 arms Kei might decide that he loves Sei, not Reika, anyway.

Just wondering, but do you REALLY think the Old man has a chance? He was tossed around all over the place during that mission.
Not much but he's survived quadruple amputations before. I've learned that you never count the Old Man out until after the transfer is over. He looked like a goner after just about every mission since he was introduced.

It's not exactly about the chapter 294 or 295, but:
The tokyo team why don't use the gantz bike?
They've already used it in the Kappe mission, and it was quite good.
There is something funny about the bike room. Nobody could open it early in the series; they all tried to open all of the rooms when they first got there, then the teacher tried opening it before the 1000 arms mission. Kei only got into it to get the bike after Izumi opened it. I honestly don't think that they CAN get the bike. My theory is that either only somebody who has chosen the weapon option before can open the door to that room. Several of them have gotten 100 points, but nobody has chosen the weapon yet. Kei kept the sword that he took during the Kappa mission; he used it during the Oni mission. Katou could have picked one up off the ground or Nishi could have given him one.
Besides that, while it would be good if somebody took one of the bikes and hid it at the start of the missions, the truth is that it isn't all that great during most missions. Look at any army; they don't ride around on motorcycles doing drive-bys. They take a town on foot, in small groups. 9 times out of 10, the bikes would just be a nuisance, not a valuable tool.
IF they can get into that room before missions, they are all pretty stupid; somebody should be the designated biker and take one on every mission, even if he just hides it and leaves it as soon as the transfer is over, just in case it happens to be a mission that it could come in handy on.

As for the regular suits, there is no evidence in the manga, that regular suits can hold multiple weapons
Actually, that's not quite true. While Kei has several home-made holsters on his legs to hold different weapons, and the other Gantzers, even the Osakans who had cleared multiple times, either had other weapons in holsters, or had to pick them up, if you look closely at Nishi before the first mission, and right before the second one when he shoots the biker, his suit could cycle through several weapons before he died. The big rifle appeared in his hand mid-transfer before the first mission, after he pushed a button on his controller, and the pistol materialized out of the suit's arm when he shot the biker. It appeared that Oka's suit, like Nishi's, could hold weapons, but the rest of the suits don't hold them.
If I was Kei or Katou, I would definitely take the sword with me whenever possible. No need to carry the guns, since they can be replaced before each mission. Nishi's fighting style requires a pistol and a y-gun; he doesn't do much up-close-and-personal fighting, so a sword would be close to useless for him. Likewise, Reika would prefer a pistol or sniper rifle.
Even the veterans who owned H-guns couldn't carry them between missions; they are just too big, so they would have to leave them in the armory room.

One more thing: there are still two more doors that nobody has opened yet. It's possible that Nishi can open them. I wonder what's in them?

cassaruby
March 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
Izumi has already explained when and how the bike room can be opened, in this specific page from a chapter (Volume 12). The bike room opens when the sides of the Gantz ball is opened. Also, it is the only room that opens when the Gantz ball is opened. Look at this link.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-088.jpg

Your good at finding those pages, I couldn't put my finger on what was fishy, George was convincing.

philippe1403
March 18, 2009, 05:13 PM
Izumi has already explained when and how the bike room can be opened, in this specific page from a chapter (Volume 12). The bike room opens when the sides of the Gantz ball is opened. Also, it is the only room that opens when the Gantz ball is opened. Look at this link.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-088.jpg

Thanks for the reminder.
That was nice to find Oku first extra set of weapons.
never realized that's where the swords came from.

Shinsatsu
March 18, 2009, 06:38 PM
That probably just a "take a look at the real shit that is going on foolish gantzers of Tokyo!" lol I think that Gantz is playing games with our poor guys ^^

emensity
March 18, 2009, 06:49 PM
Did anyone noticed the items on the ground around the gantz bike?
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Gantz/Volume%2012/12-098.jpg

Skittles
March 18, 2009, 07:07 PM
Did anyone noticed the items on the ground around the gantz bike?
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Gantz/Volume%2012/12-098.jpg
Those are the swords.

Mmod
March 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
It isn't exactly a game that he's trying to win, either, or he wouldn't have picked up the grandmother and grandson, or Takeshi, or Butter Dog, all of which are extremely poor competitors.

Not really. Gantz could choose base on what has the best probability unleash the potential of the best players. There are many examples of that.

102jayday
March 18, 2009, 09:48 PM
It looks to me like she's been giving it a lot of thought. As for the team, Nishi could care less. Kaze doesn't seem too bright; he wouldn't have much of a problem with it. Katou, on the other hand, might have some serious moral issues with it, but Kei is Kei to him. Poor Tae won't know what to think when Kei suddenly doesn't know her and moves in with Reika. However, if Kei survives AND Reika rezzes the post-1000 arms version, there may be some serious complications. One other thing: the post-1000 arms Kei might decide that he loves Sei, not Reika, anyway.

nah that kurono then wanted a girl friend, notice how the next day he see's the new girl and thinks a girl friend is what he needs. well thats pretty much perfect timing for reika.

georgemarvin
March 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
Actually, if you notice, the teacher couldn't open the door after the Gantz ball opened, and you would assume that the others had tried it more than once. The fact that Izumi could open it after the Gantz ball opened doesn't mean that the others can. He left it open for Kei after he got a sword out of it; my opinion is that if Izumi hadn't left the door open, it would have remained locked and Kei wouldn't have been able to get in.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-096.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-097.jpg
Izumi had a few hazy memories of his time in Gantz before; he remembered the three options when anybody got 100 points, and the room, and a few scattered details, but didn't remember Nishi at all. He also only had a hazy recollection of one mission. He basically said that his memory was like swiss cheese because Gantz left a few scattered pieces when he wiped it; he didn't know whether he had made 100 points and left, or if he had completed several rounds before he left. My opinion, knowing how much Izumi loved the game, is that he had probably completed several rounds and chose the weapon every time before that one particularly bad mission had scared him into retiring. That would explain why nobody has used the bikes after that mission; they just can't get back into the locked room.

souleater9492
March 18, 2009, 10:39 PM
Actually, if you notice, the teacher couldn't open the door after the Gantz ball opened, and you would assume that the others had tried it more than once. The fact that Izumi could open it after the Gantz ball opened doesn't mean that the others can. He left it open for Kei after he got a sword out of it; my opinion is that if Izumi hadn't left the door open, it would have remained locked and Kei wouldn't have been able to get in.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-096.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-097.jpg
Izumi had a few hazy memories of his time in Gantz before; he remembered the three options when anybody got 100 points, and the room, and a few scattered details, but didn't remember Nishi at all. He also only had a hazy recollection of one mission. He basically said that his memory was like swiss cheese because Gantz left a few scattered pieces when he wiped it; he didn't know whether he had made 100 points and left, or if he had completed several rounds before he left. My opinion, knowing how much Izumi loved the game, is that he had probably completed several rounds and chose the weapon every time before that one particularly bad mission had scared him into retiring. That would explain why nobody has used the bikes after that mission; they just can't get back into the locked room.

You're right. Izumi must have the ability to open the door to the bike room. Nobody else has been able to and he is the only one who has reached a hundred points and gotten a weapon before. As for there being two other doors, I'm assuming one room has the Level 2 suit in it, probably a few of them, hanging on a rack. The other room, might either have one of two things: The H-Guns and any other weapons they can obtain or , somehow, something relating to the Mech. We have only seen the mech once and we're not sure where it would be stored before the mission. In the room would either be a teleporter, so when your transfer you start on top of the mech, or some how the actual mech would be in the room, like the room opens up to the outside.

The Bikes overall never seemed that useful. Sure they saved Kei's ass during the Kappe Mission, but during all of the other missions, they really haven't changed much. I'm thinking that there must be something else in the bike room. We have only seen the inside of the room about once or twice and even then they weren't complete shots.

Charlie
March 19, 2009, 12:02 AM

By the teacher I assume you're referring to the Buddha mission? I'm going to have to re check that chapter to see if he tried to open that door after the ball opened up.

Everyone in the room was new except Nishi and he was not going to tell people anything. When Izumi was introduced, he was the only one who was shown that opened the door initally. I think that the room is able to be opened after the Gantz opens up the weapons per Izumis words. The other rooms maybe openable once you clear x-amount of points, as they may hold the secret weapons, suit, etc.

Skittles
March 19, 2009, 12:53 AM
The theory of Izumi clearing multiple times, and getting a stronger weapon does make sense.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-12.html?ch=Volume%2012&pg=12-095.jpg
Because of what Izumi says there implies so, but it seems to also imply that he gained 100 points multiple times, died. Then got revived by someone, and then got 100 points and left.(then again, what Izumi said could mean alot of different things :p)

I think that Gantz sends teams to mission depending on how many points the total team has(possibly how many times they've cleared too), and how many people are currently in the game. That would explain why the Chibi mission was much easier than the Buddha mission.

The theory of the suit being able to hold weapons for you also makes sense.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-21.html?ch=Volume%2021&pg=gantz_v21_091.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-21.html?ch=Volume%2021&pg=gantz_v21_166.jpg (where the fuck did that come from? lmao)
Notice how none of the gantzers from osaka, have their H-guns(the ones that are supposed too). And if you look at the battle with the spidertour later on, Oka pulls an H-gun outta no where.

I think that the Level-2 suits(like other people) is in another room. You're probably teleported to that room instead of the normal one. Suits are probably stored in a container(3-4 times bigger than a fridge). You enter this container, and the container equips you with the suit(like the anime Strait Jacket). The mech is probably teleported out to field, and then you just teleport inside it.

Haha, haven't written a post that long in awhile. :p

Revilenigma
March 19, 2009, 07:18 AM
Did anyone notice the Gantzer who was smoking while the transfer started?
[hr]

The theory of Izumi clearing multiple times, and getting a stronger weapon does make sense.

I think it was mentione in the manual that he only got 100 points once and used it to leave the room.

cassaruby
March 19, 2009, 07:26 AM
For some reason when I saw the mech I thought somehow Oka materialized it or made it out of stuff, though it's not a logical prediction. But it doesn't make sense to me that big and not super strong, would take up space somewhere in that building unless it could shrink and grow like aliens, which also makes no sense.

As far as the swords/bike, I think anyone can go in there, it was just added later in the manga so the vol1 teacher had no chance of finding it heh.

cassaruby
March 19, 2009, 07:50 AM
The teacher in Vol. 1 cannot open the bike/sword room, because the sides of the black ball are not opened. Look at this link.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-01.html?ch=Volume%2001&pg=Gantz_v01c02p054.jpg

*suspends manga reality*
teacher vol1 cannot enter yet because Oku hadn't invented swords and bikes yet.

Revilenigma
March 19, 2009, 08:00 AM
I think Izumi was there for a while, remember that he faced the vampires in a mission once and that he must have trained nishi everything he knew when nishi arrived in the room.

georgemarvin
March 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
As far as the swords/bike, I think anyone can go in there, it was just added later in the manga so the vol1 teacher had no chance of finding it heh.

*suspends manga reality*
teacher vol1 cannot enter yet because Oku hadn't invented swords and bikes yet.
Actually, I was talking about the teacher in volume 5, just before the 1000 arms mission. I found the page, but it looks like the ball wasn't open yet when he tried it. Sei also tried to open one of the other locked doors.
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-05.html?ch=Volume%2005&pg=GANTZ_v05c58p213.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-volume-05.html?ch=Volume%2005&pg=GANTZ_v05c58p214.jpg&pg=GANTZ_v05c58p214.jpg

When Izumi left Gantz, his memory was erased; he didn't remember anything except the one mission, but we know that he participated in at least one which targeted the vampires, and several other comments indicated that he was a veteran of several battles before he left. It doesn't say anywhere that he was only in the one mission; the only reason he remembered anything about any mission at all was that Gantz was sloppy when he erased Izumi's memory and left a few scraps behind.
Nishi, on the other hand, recognized Izumi instantly; they were probably in Gantz at the same time, since Nishi is a veteran of at least 30 missions. Nishi would know all about Izumi's first tour of service in Gantz. He's just not telling. But he did say that Izumi was the leader of the team at one time; you don't become the leader if you're a one-mission wonder.