PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Who can you bring into the Gantz room?

Revilenigma
March 23, 2009, 01:36 PM
if you can bring in vampires than maybe you can bring:
-aliens (just grab on to a alien befor your sent on a mission, imagine nurarihyon was on your team...)
-plants (imagine a tree with a gantz suit. lol)

Revilenigma
March 24, 2009, 07:49 AM
a mountain gorilla with lime disease would be fucking crazy, no alien would stand a chance.

GAT-X252
March 24, 2009, 09:34 AM
I think you can bring aliens to the room...the problem is finding them before the missions.

Also, there is the problem of the suit, many aliens can change their shape and size, also have horns, wings or stuff like that on their body...it should be a really special design of the suit.

Revilenigma
March 24, 2009, 11:19 AM
just one swipe can probably cut the giant Buddha or Gyuuki in 2

digitaldude
March 24, 2009, 12:04 PM
A rhino in a gantz room would be awesome and an elephant can`t fit into the apartment, also trees would die 100% on there first mission, unless it`s in a plant pot.

About the aliens that would be cool and as for finding aliens, you fail a mission on purpose and then search for the alien that`s not dead!

Revilenigma
March 24, 2009, 01:13 PM
imagine a venus fly trap

Mr.Aaron
March 24, 2009, 07:36 PM
Mr. Tree

0 ptz

wtf r u doing, do sumthing d4mm1t

Or something of that nature. xD;

Revilenigma
March 26, 2009, 02:37 PM
what if you bring a dead body? does gantz revive him/her or keep it dead?
0 points
y0u sm3ll t00 much
st0p lay1n6 ar0und!

digitaldude
March 26, 2009, 05:37 PM
Closest we came to that is reika trying to bring kei kurono with her,but a dead body won`t come back to the gantz(cuz it`s dead technically it dies in it`s first mission.)

georgemarvin
March 28, 2009, 02:00 AM
Actually, vampires are "undead"; I'm not convinced that you could bring a living person in with you. If you could, though:

If Nishi gets caught, his next appearance in the room might be reported on the news as a daring jail break by a middle-schooler and his cell mate. I'm sure some lifer would give a couple of packs of cigarettes for him.

I can see Katou accidentally bringing his little brother along. Lil Bro sees Katou begin disappearing and runs and grabs him yelling "NOOO!!" Now that would be a messy situation.

I can see Reika signing autographs for fanboys or being chased by a lecherous old producer when she is transferred.

I can see HS in a board room, meeting with a group of vampire, Oni and elemental higher-ups who are grilling him about his recent disappearances when the transfer begins; he grabs a couple of them and takes them with him.

If I was in Gantz, I would grab a different crooked politician every time. None of them would make it past the first mission, but there is a nearly endless supply of them. Well, not really. I'm too lazy, and getting rid of the current crop would just make more room for a new bunch of crooks.

I would probably talk one of my friends into enlisting: The one I have in mind just completed his third tour in Iraq; he would love Gantz so much he wouldn't ever want to leave. He would probably recruit several of his war buddies to join in the fun. I can see them now, hard at work adding grenade launchers to the X-rifles, making their own customized X-pistols, deciding which U.S. military ordnance to clip for their own personal army, supplementing the Gantz armor with kevlar, target practicing to figure out exactly what the weapons and armor are capable of, experimenting with the controllers to see how everything works, setting up communications and tracking gear to use on the hunts, and burning the midnight oil working out new strategies. I could just sit back and watch the carnage.

Of course, I would also have to grimace every time I heard that the president or dictator of some country that opposed the U.S. had been killed by an invisible assassin. I can also see them appropriating massive amounts of cash from drug lords, governments they don't like, etc. and maybe even sacrificing some new recruit to give our own military all that neat Gantz tech. Yeah, just hand my C.O. this gantz rifle, Y-gun and controller. You'll be doing a great service for your country, man. You'll be a F-ing hero. They would also be hard at work trying to hack Gantz, and getting all the info they could from other Gantz teams. I'm sure they would have a plan to destroy the black ball if it did something they didn't like, as well.

Hmm...maybe that's why Gantz doesn't ever get professional soldiers for its recruits.

Revilenigma
March 28, 2009, 08:56 AM
aren't the Oni's dead? and I don't think they're the boss of the vampires, they seem to act ike strangers with a common goal.

georgemarvin
March 28, 2009, 11:19 PM
aren't the Oni's dead? and I don't think they're the boss of the vampires, they seem to act ike strangers with a common goal.

Oni are something like demons or demigods, something that was never human. They are shapeshifters who can take any form at will, and trick people by appearing in different forms. As demigods, they are extremely powerful and almost impossible to kill. So far, we have seen three of them in the Gantz series: 1000 arms, the Oni mission original boss (The one that turned into Reika, Kei, an insect and an elephant, NOT the lightning elemental who entered the fight later), and Nuri.

By the way, the Oni mission is something of a misnomer. In what we call the Oni mission, there was really only one Oni, the original mission boss; the rest of them couldn't shapeshift except to the one alien form, or regenerate. A single x-gun shot would kill them. The elementals who entered the fight were much stronger than the Oni mission foot soldiers, but they also couldn't regenerate from massive damage or shapeshift, either.

All three Oni bosses could absorb massive damage, change forms at will, regenerate after being completely disintegrated (the sniper blew 1000 arms to smithereens and he regenerated from dozens of lesser damages, the Oni boss "swallowed" multiple X-gun blasts and regenerated from being blown to pieces without missing a step, Nuri was turned into confetti several times). All three used their shapeshifting abilities to trick the Gantz members (1000 arms with the imitation of the teacher, Oni appearing to be Reika and Kei, and Oka's head appearing in Nuri's hand, when it obviously wasn't there an instant before) All three were probably 100 pointers; Katou died when he killed 1000 arms, so we didn't ever learn what he was worth, Reika got the points for the Oni boss; she got 100 points for that mission, and we know that there is a maximum of 100 points per mission; again, we aren't sure whether it was a 100 pointer or not. Katou killed Nuri and a bunch of others, but still just got the 100 point maximum, even though the Osakan biker said that Nuri was a 100 pointer by himself.

I don't think the Oni are necessarily the vampires' bosses, but they work together with them, as do the elementals; the elemental boss was standing with the vampires at the beginning of the Oni hunt. HS talked to one of the Nuri hunt mini-bosses in a common language, suggesting that they have all been on earth for centuries and that their origins are related. Also, there probably aren't many Oni around; the only three that we have seen were main bosses which were probably worth 100 points each.

If the aliens do have a ruling council, the Oni, elementals and vampire leaders would probably all have repersentatives on it. The Oni are much more powerful than the others, so they may very well prove to be the rulers, but we don't know that for sure. After all, the most powerful aren't always the ones in charge. It's usually the smartest, and the Oni don't appear to be particularly intelligent.

On another note, since the Oni, elementals and vampires are all working together, and none of them seem to know why Gantz is targeting them, it sort of makes it look like Gantz is deciding who, where and when to have a fight. That means that Gantz probably decided on the date for the Katastrophe, which is looking like it will be a simultaneous, worldwide battle for all the marbles. We may see a battle where the Gantz team has to fight multiple Onis at the same time.

If HS brought an Oni into the room, the bomb probably wouldn't work on it; if its head explodes, it would just grow a new one. The bomb would work on the elementals, though. None of them could regenerate.

If HS ever brings in an Oni, we could see whether Gantz has any weapons of its own. If Gantz didn't have an alternate means of controlling it, I would imagine the situation would work out like this: HS transfers in a Nuri-like Oni It attacks Gantz, its head explodes, it generates a new head and hits the ball a couple of times before Gantz manages to transport it into the sun or outer space, or somewhere equally inhospitable.

Revilenigma
March 29, 2009, 08:25 AM
They all shape shifted but it was only from human form to alien form, and 1000 arms didn't shapeshift, he only hid inside the armour.

georgemarvin
March 30, 2009, 12:56 AM
Do you really think the creature with the teacher's head that came out of the 1000 arms armor was his true form? If he was just hiding in the armor, and the armor had the regenerative powers, just the armor would have been regenerating; he wouldn't have regenerated after the sniper blew him to bits. That "i'm the teacher" act, where he acted like he was the teacher whose brain he swallowed, was too similar to the Oni acting like it was Reika and Kei. It knew things about them, just like 1000 arms did about the teacher. If he had really been the teacher, he wouldn't have been trying to kill Katou. He used a laser like Nuri's. His abilities and actions were too similar to Nuri and the Oni for him to be a different species, in my opinion. Even his death was reminiscent of how the Oni was killed: Both died when somebody surprised them and severed their heads.

I noticed that the whole 1000 arms armor was transferred, even though the head was cut off, by the way. Notice the foot in the background being sent while Katou is yelling "No matter how many times you transform...I will not stop until I send you away!"
http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-chapter-87-page-11.html
Since it didn't matter that the head was cut off, the transfer still took the whole armor, but didn't take the inner creature that slitherered out and escaped the transfer, was the 1000 arms armor a part of the creature, a separate sentient being, a symbiote, or just a tool?

Revilenigma
March 30, 2009, 10:16 AM
I don't think gantz makes copies of people like a fax machine as nishi would suggest but more like a computer file.

Revilenigma
March 30, 2009, 11:36 AM
hmmm... did the nazis make gantz to bring hitler back to life!?

georgemarvin
March 31, 2009, 01:24 AM
I think Gantz is older than Hitler. And so are the vampires and Oni. The vampires, Oni, etc. have been around for centuries; there is even a common language. If they were all originally created by alien nanites centuries ago, they could be like a virus left over when an alien civilization came to visit. Remember the old Star Trek rule that they couldn't interfere with primitive civilizations? Gantz could just be something the alien visitors left behind to clean up the mess they had inadvertently made. Gantz can only use the dead, and has to keep his activities secret. He was going to a lot of trouble to keep everything about himself and the missions hidden, until recently.

Katastrophe has more than one meaning. Some of its meanings are ruin, destruction, turning things upside down. But what if we think biblically? It's the extinction of a spirit of consecration.

What if the Katastrophe is that the alien civilization that built Gantz and put it here has decided that he has failed and is coming back to clean up their mess, personally? Gantz would definitely think that his own extinction would be a katastrophe.

Gantz is probably limited to just bringing in the people who have died within the last few minutes before a mission, but what if he could bring back the long-dead? Who would be a great Gantzer? Attilla the Hun? Eric the Red? King Richard the Lion-Hearted? Julius Caesar? The Scorpion King? Charlemagne? Napoleon? Geronimo? Daniel Boone? Vlad the Impaler? There are a regular cornucopia of great warriors out there. Of course, like Hitler, their skills as warriors often exceeded those as statesmen. Many of them were cruel, callous and indifferent to the suffering of their victims, and often their own comrades and fellow citizens.

JediKnight
March 31, 2009, 05:13 PM
Lol, I don't think you can bring the dead to Gantz. The vampires even
though are dead, they're functioning and moving.

BrazilianGantzer
April 01, 2009, 01:13 PM
Wow! Now that you mentioned it, imagine how cool it would be to have Nuri in a Gantz suit, screaming "NUUUUUU NUUUUUUUUUU" whilst it's killing other aliens??

Nuri in a Gantz suit would be unstoppable!

And the utlimate bonus would be:

Nuri vs another 100 pointer! :amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse

Revilenigma
April 02, 2009, 07:22 AM
imagine buddha, the giant dino boss or gyuki. they wouldn't be able to fit inside the room.

Damura
April 07, 2009, 01:08 AM
The problem is actually finding an alien. Considering how many of them love to hide inside statues though, it can't be too hard to find one. The problem then is taming it. What if you drag it into the room and it awakens and starts killing everything?

JediKnight
April 07, 2009, 05:41 PM
Alot of people are picking Nuri to bring into Gantz. Why ? You
wouldn't be able to bring him anyway. You kill him you don't finish the
mission. You would have to find an alien lurking about in the world
and while your transfering grab them. Just like what happened with
vampires. Trying to bring back aliens during a Gantz mission is
impossible. Especially a boss.

Amnesiac
April 09, 2009, 09:03 PM
Note that just grabbing something doesn't mean anything, it will only be transferred if gantz decides so.

Damura
April 09, 2009, 09:57 PM
^
Hasn't very living creature that somebody has held onto been transferred so far?

Amnesiac
April 09, 2009, 10:45 PM
No. (two examples: Kurono grabbing Katou in the end of the onion mission, and again holding Tae at the end of the Tae mission)

But we don't need examples, the fact that gantz implanted the bomb-things in the vampires' brains during the transfer proves gantz knew what he was doing.

Damura
April 09, 2009, 11:47 PM
I meant as a recruitment system... Whenever someone has held onto somebody else during a mission transfer, they've been recruited. Tae wasn't recruited, but her data was recorded in the memory.

I guess Oku made a mistake then concerning Kei holding onto Katou at the end of the mission. During the Italy mission, Kaze and Takeshi transferred together at the same time because they were holding onto each other, but way back in the beginning it didn't work for Kei/Katou. I guess Oku just thought it up recently and forgot about the first few missions.

Revilenigma
April 10, 2009, 07:16 AM
No. (two examples: Kurono grabbing Katou in the end of the onion mission, and again holding Tae at the end of the Tae mission)

But that was during the mission. When it comes to bringing things into the gantz room so far it seems you bring most anything.

Amnesiac
April 10, 2009, 02:34 PM
Then shouldn't gantz bring in the floor where they are standing? There's always something touching the players.

Also, Izumi's sword was touching HS's when he started being transferred in the dino mission.

But that's irrelevant, because

the fact that gantz implanted the bomb-things in the vampires' brains during the transfer proves gantz knew what he was doing.

Revilenigma
April 10, 2009, 03:20 PM
Then shouldn't gantz bring in the floor where they are standing? There's always something touching the players.

I guess you have to personally grab the life form and it has to be alive and not an inanimate object.

Amnesiac
April 10, 2009, 05:00 PM
Translation: Gantz has to make it happen, it's not automatic.

gHZoDD
April 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
seeing as how people can bring cell phones and books, It would be hard to believe there is something that CANT be transferred into the room.

Damura
April 10, 2009, 08:30 PM
Something that is too big won't be transferred. Has anyone been transferred while they were inside a car?

Revilenigma
April 11, 2009, 07:35 AM
Something that is too big won't be transferred. Has anyone been transferred while they were inside a car?

uhh... let's see, first it was the grandma and the kid, the rapists and the victim, togo i think... and I think that's about it.

Damura
April 11, 2009, 10:26 AM
Ummm... they fucking died in a car crash. There was no more car. Besides, I was talking about current Gantzers bringing in others via mission transfer, not resurrection... y'know, since that's the topic?

georgemarvin
April 13, 2009, 02:01 AM
I actually think that Gantz just bent the rules a little because he wanted HS as a recruit. Remember how he bent the rules by getting Izumi to massacre hundreds of people just so he could get some better recruits? when a really strong recruit is handed to him on a silver platter, he's not going to refuse.

He's "Undead", and the presentation that Akira saw said that every cell in their bodies would eventually be replaced by nanites. As such, Gantz can count him as dead, and recruit him without breaking the rules. He knew what he was doing; he planted the bomb during the transfer.

Just hugging doesn't insure that Gantz will transfer somebody with you. When the old woman and her grandson transferred out to the Tanaka mission, they were hugging each other, but still transferred separately.

Damura
April 13, 2009, 04:45 AM
That's possible, but I think there is more to it since Tae was also recorded into the memory because of Kei's physical contact with her body.
[hr]
Maybe the physical contact rule doesn't apply when you are simply being sent out to the mission location, but only when you are being sent to the room. Or maybe this 'new' method is canon and the stuff that happened early on in the series is decidedly not.

georgemarvin
April 13, 2009, 11:36 PM
I actually thought that Tae was a special case, in which Gantz had to keep his existence secret by erasing Tae's memory, while obeying rules against killing innocents and picking up living humans.

Think about it from Gantz' point of view. There is some kind of rule that insures that he can't take living people; they have to die first. If he could have taken living people, he wouldn't have needed Izumi to massacre hundreds of people just so he could get a new batch of recruits. He could have just picked them up while they were still alive.

There is also a rule against Gantz killing people, or he would have just had a Gantz team kill some promising new recruits.

Once he had Tae in the memory bank, he couldn't put her in the team; that would violate the rules, too. And he can't just bring back players from the memory bank without somebody paying 100 points to do so, or he would have brought back some of his best players instead of having Izumi massacre hundreds of people. Therefore, all he could do was store her until somebody used their points to release her.

The Tae mission caused a "moral dilemma". he needed to erase Tae's memory, and he could only erase the memory of somebody in his memory bank, so he had to kill her. But it's against the rules for him to kill innocent humans. How could he solve the quandary? Easy. Have the team kill her, erase her memory and store her in the memory bank, then force Kei to use his 100 points to bring her back, thereby effectively accomplishing all three fo his objectives: He hadn't "killed" a human; she was obviously alive again. He hadn't forced a living human to compete in the game. She no longer remembered Gantz, so he had kept the rule that he must keep his existence secret, and he forced his best player to remain in the team as a bonus.