PDA

View Full Version : Complete Darren Shan by Arai Takahiro

oceanizer
September 19, 2006, 09:13 PM
Does anyone read the English novel, Darren Shan? Any big fans out there? Vampires? Spiders?

Well, if you love Darren Shan and manga, this is for you. Even if you never heard of Darren Shan before, it is still for you! Aku-Tenshi has released the very first chapter of Darren Shan, which is being serialized in Shounen Sunday! This manga is based off of an English novel series known as "The Saga of Darren Shan" by, yours truely, Darren Shan! So if you haven't read the novels yet, go read them now!

This novel has been translated into Japanese, and then made into a Japanese manga. Now we're translating it back into English, so there will be some translation lost in between, but Tsubasa (Aku-Tenshi leader) is trying her best to to keep this as true to the original English novel as possible. The manga doesn't follow the novel exactly, so please excuse us if there are variations and mistakes. We're just petty fan trying to share this with fellow vampire lovers. Hope you'll enjoy this ^^b

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1279/mainphpg2viewcoreve7.jpg
Please come to #aku-tenshi @ irc.irchighway.net to grab this 72 pages (!!!) of breath-taking chapter! or http://www.bellerosecon.com/imagegallery/main.php?g2_itemId=19

shinwei
September 20, 2006, 09:26 PM
Since you say it's good I'll give it a read. Will post comments after read ^^

fireballer666
September 21, 2006, 12:46 AM
well, I saw it, and I think its a sorry excuse to get more money, the frist 4 books (maybe 7) were good, but then it got really random with stuff just thrown in, I barely read it for enjoyment after a while, so sure, read it if you want...

oceanizer
September 21, 2006, 04:46 AM
Tsubasa uploaded for online viewing: http://www.bellerosecon.com/imagegallery/main.php?g2_itemId=19

Though, you should still get a zip for the better ... quality.

weixiaobao
November 13, 2006, 06:51 PM
The 1st chapter was good!

Reiya
August 03, 2007, 06:48 PM
I've read the first seven books in the series (I started reading them a lot because my English II teacher had them). I'm reading the manga right now and so far it's following it (although it was one of the little people who gave out the flyer, no Mr. Tall).

Magical Poof
August 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
I read the first chapter a while ago... It seemed pretty interesting. I haven't read the books, and don't really plan to, but this seems like a pretty interesting manga. I'd like to see where this goes... Though I did a bit of research on the series on Wiki (the home of spoilers) and thought it sounded okay... Though I thought Darren was gonna channel Spiderman or something the first time I read it...

Kyra_FirePanther
August 22, 2007, 06:58 AM
Darren Shan is like one of my fav writers, hes a cool first person writer,ive read most of the Darren saga but i like the most the demonata series they are the best im waiting for the next book after bloodbeast does anyone know what its called? is there a manga version or...... im confused

alexlw92
September 03, 2007, 09:35 PM
well, I saw it, and I think its a sorry excuse to get more money, the frist 4 books (maybe 7) were good, but then it got really random with stuff just thrown in, I barely read it for enjoyment after a while, so sure, read it if you want...

the book series wasnt random, everything was planned out beforehand, especially the ending. i cant wait to see how the manga goes out, i hope it becomes popular (more scanlators scanlating it =D), and i hope they dont change it too much!

as you can tell, im a total cirque du freak freak:p
[hr]
jw, where can we get the raws and translations?

ssjohn
September 09, 2007, 03:30 PM
Good first chapter :) i didn't read the books so i will have to check those out sometime soon maybe...

i hope it becomes popular (more scanlators scanlating it =D)

I hope not >_> i mean popularity is one thing but how about insted of 50 groups doing a manga they help out A-T >_> *sorry i'll leave that alone >_>*

jw, where can we get the raws and translations?

A-T buys the books and Scans them and then they translate them :) hope that helps >_>

Keep up the good work and can't wait until C2 :)

Djmewmew
August 16, 2008, 08:15 PM
Does anyone have any raws for this? I heard they were on conan-magic, but either I can't find them, or they were taken down. Anyone know where to get them or willing to scan them? I'm becoming obsessed. :D

sabret00the
August 27, 2008, 06:48 AM
Where are the rest of these?

ssjohn
September 02, 2008, 02:18 PM
DS has been licensed by YenPress,

And the raws are still at MBG's site (Conan-magic) they were just moved to the live journal because of leechers.

sabret00the
September 05, 2008, 07:55 AM
It's a shame, everyone wanting the raws but no scans have surfaced.

Djmewmew
September 08, 2008, 07:03 PM
DS has been licensed by YenPress,

And the raws are still at MBG's site (Conan-magic) they were just moved to the live journal because of leechers.

are they really? I've heard this several times, but I just can't find them

ssjohn
September 09, 2008, 08:21 PM
Are you a member of the LJ community? if so you should see them. Ask MBG in the Cbox over at her site (conan-magic.com)

Epic_Rider
December 02, 2009, 09:55 AM
Wow, I've been looking for scans of these. I've read all the books and was thrilled to find that there was a manga, but sad there were no scans. Looking forward to more.

Koen
January 11, 2010, 01:58 PM
Reminder: keep your releases outside the thread. These threads are meant to discuss the manga. All members (scanlators, translators and readers) have the accomodation to notify their releases outside the thread

wulfy
January 16, 2010, 05:03 PM
thank you! I love darren shen's novels (>w<)/
they are so cool and intresting!!!
thank you for telling me that there's a manga version of it!
so happy now! \(>w<)

candy
July 22, 2010, 07:59 PM
i loved the entire cirque du freak series!!!i read all 12 books within a couple of months and i thought it was amazing!only thing is i wished there was a better ending to the series and maybe the series went on a little bit longer. the series was supposed to be 18 books but the author felt the story was going in the wrong direction so changed it up a bit. oh well still a great series and im glad there's a manga to go along with it.

Crude
July 22, 2010, 08:03 PM
I only read the second and third books, but I loved both of them. I can't really tell if its the author or the translation, but I love how the books are written. The fact that it has small chapters really make me want to find out what happens next!

Cococrash11
October 07, 2010, 07:35 PM
It used to have a raw. I want to know the raw site does anyone know whats the raws sites link? I think its Media Fire or something.

elitefox
January 18, 2011, 08:10 PM
Why is it mark as complete? in book maybe but the manga version?

TemplateR
January 19, 2011, 04:19 PM
Why is it mark as complete? in book maybe but the manga version?

Because, the Manga is also finished: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4582

elitefox
January 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
Because, the Manga is also finished: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4582

Oh is that so, I didn't know since I'm just reading it from mangafox and states ongoing... so the only thing left is the scanlation... I just hope it will be soon since I cannot read japanese :s

Thanks for the info