PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 16 (Chap 127-134) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

Tsukisama
November 25, 2008, 09:51 PM
Chapter 130 has been released. For the latest information on releases/translations/etc., check here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/130/).

Use this thread to discuss your thoughts on chapter 130 and your predictions for chapter 131.

ChocoBar9
March 16, 2009, 02:21 PM
New Chapter is out!
You can get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/127) Discuss!

kilm
March 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hrm.... looking at the last few pages...

Luxus is expelled...
Thanks, Gramps... Take care of yourself
Tearfully, Get out of here.

Patta
March 16, 2009, 04:56 PM
WOW!!! Big surprise with the speed! To the chapter, I am still unsure if I like this sudden change of the scene and little time-skip but I really like the drawing and the outcome with Luxus being not too emotional or changing site to the goods after being convinced by the others saying that all he did was wrong. And I am so damn hungry for the Trans because of the conversation between Makarov and Luxus^^

LoS
March 16, 2009, 06:46 PM
At least Luxus still shows Natsu no respect.

But I am a fingernail's width away from losing interest in this story. I mean WTF, Mist Gun??? Could there have been a bigger fail character in manga history?

Gazille
March 16, 2009, 07:25 PM
I wanna seee D8 -rolls over- I can't download it for some reason.

ZealoticBlade
March 16, 2009, 08:36 PM

But I am a fingernail's width away from losing interest in this story. I mean WTF, Mist Gun??? Could there have been a bigger fail character in manga history?

Mistgun isn't Gerard, he says. You don't know what he is - whether he's going to be interesting or not. It's not like he's going to start walking around without the mask on now that people have seen him.

"Biggest fail character in manga history" seems like quite the stretch.

kkck
March 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
I think mistgun is some form of gerard.... gerard managed to be in two places at the same time, who is to say he couldnt be in three? shadow clones anyone?

ZealoticBlade
March 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
That's because Gerard used what he called Astral Projection to appear to be in one place when he was in actuality in another. Gerard sacrificed himself to save Erza from dying in the tower. Urtear even goes so far as to acknowledge his death afterwards.

If Mistgun says "I am not Gerard, I know of him, but he is not me," then I think it's a safe bet that he's not Gerard, and there's a logical explanation for him looking like him. For all we know, he may have a different face the next time he shows up. Who knows? Mistgun does say, after all, "I wanted you, at least, not to see *this* face." Nobody knows, is the point.

But whatever he is, he's not Gerard. And even if he was, I don't see it constituting such emphatic words as "biggest fail character in manga history." Dude's been in 5 chapters. Anyway, getting back on topic: I'm glad Luxus got expelled.

Can't wait to see a full translation of the chapter.

Kravmaga
March 16, 2009, 11:11 PM
I'm liking makarov more every time he gets screentime.

I was a tad disappointed he didn't do something of badass proportions such as demolishing luxus, succumbing to disease and telling luxus with his dying breath not to be like his dad and to become a great leader but somehow that last sappy talk scene was just right.

I'm almost sad the bad boy of FT is going away...

kkck
March 16, 2009, 11:17 PM
That's because Gerard used what he called Astral Projection to appear to be in one place when he was in actuality in another. Gerard sacrificed himself to save Erza from dying in the tower. Urtear even goes so far as to acknowledge his death afterwards.

If Mistgun says "I am not Gerard, I know of him, but he is not me," then I think it's a safe bet that he's not Gerard, and there's a logical explanation for him looking like him. For all we know, he may have a different face the next time he shows up. Who knows? Mistgun does say, after all, "I wanted you, at least, not to see *this* face." Nobody knows, is the point.

But whatever he is, he's not Gerard. And even if he was, I don't see it constituting such emphatic words as "biggest fail character in manga history." Dude's been in 5 chapters. Anyway, getting back on topic: I'm glad Luxus got expelled.

Can't wait to see a full translation of the chapter.

he did used astral projection, but clearly there was something more to it as it actually limited the amount of power he had. Once he absorbed his other half, he actually regained his power.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/94/20/
Besides, who is to say he didn't create three copies and simply took the time to save erza and natsu and after that go to his third copy in the same way seiglien went to gerard? IMO if it looks like crap, and it smells like crap, it probably is crap. I really do hope this doesn't actually turn out to be some sort of missing gerard brother lol.

Host Samurai
March 17, 2009, 02:43 AM
Luxus being expelled from Fairy Tail was kinda unexpected on my part and I hope that he'll join his father's guild!

Pirulito
March 17, 2009, 11:11 AM
I can see Mistgun causing a "DON" on all readers in future.
It's too obvious that he is a character who needs our waiting.

Precipitation isn't the word now.

Well, maybe I can be wrong, of course.

LoS
March 17, 2009, 04:47 PM
Luxus being expelled from Fairy Tail was kinda unexpected on my part and I hope that he'll join his father's guild!

Luxus is a changed man, he actually cares for people now. Where as I believe his father is still an evil man.

Destin82
March 17, 2009, 06:39 PM
Was Mistgun even in this chapter and I didn't see him? Luxus being banished and being okay with it? I guess that's alright denouement for his arc. I'm curious to see where Mashima goes next, is it time for Gazille's betrayal or will their be another arc or two of him being part of Natsu's gang (Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Lluvia) before he goes double agent on the guild. I'm eager to move on from this arc, which is odd because Luxus is one of my favorite characters in this manga.

Edit: apparently the next two chapters are both 25 page long with color pages as well. That's always nice.

ChocoBar9
March 17, 2009, 09:38 PM
I actually liked this chapter better than the last one, good to see that Luxus wasn't so much as bad just angry and now it seems that he's on a better path than he was before and I hope we'll get to see more of him in the future with his father. Speaking of which has the results of the Miss Fairy Tail Pageant been posted?

LNsu
March 17, 2009, 09:58 PM
I still feel a little bit awkward about this arc ending. What happened to Makarov in the first place again? I honestly don't think a full recovery should happen, but then again he could be harboring a secret about his health.
Can't wait to see Mistgun's character development.

kkck
March 17, 2009, 10:22 PM
I honestly thought makarov was going to die lol... guess it wont happen just yet(not that I want that to happen). I am actually expecting a lot from the next two chapters considering they are going to have 25 pages and color pages. Maybe they will surprise us and announce an anime lol.

Destin82
March 17, 2009, 10:42 PM
I honestly thought makarov was going to die lol... guess it wont happen just yet(not that I want that to happen). I am actually expecting a lot from the next two chapters considering they are going to have 25 pages and color pages. Maybe they will surprise us and announce an anime lol.

Actually that wouldn't surprise me, there's enough chapters at this point, plus FT is getting a cover in two chapters as well.

bittman
March 18, 2009, 12:44 AM
Anime announcement would rock, but I'll be happy with sum sexy Miss Fairy Tail shots.

But I just came here to say I felt the Luxus Markarov thing, my hearts went all "awwwwww" when he got ex-communicated. I wonder how that will affect things in the future. I expect Luxus will definitely make a comeback in the Missing Dragons arc (whenever that happens), though he might join his dad or even make his own guild: both options that could lead to some awesome in the future.

As a side note: I'm loving the Gazelle Natsu relationship.

So now, predictions of next arc? Mistgun Gerard seems pretty likely, but they might hold onto that for a bit longer and return with a quest. It feels like ages since Fairy Tail have gone on Quests, I could use some Natsu travel-sickness jokes again. Then again, with his injuries the focus might go onto Lucy, Gray, Lluvia or one of the many higher support characters.

senewe
March 19, 2009, 12:25 AM
dont go lux....

n if luxus goes out, then his underlings would go also??....

arkhhhhh...

segua
March 19, 2009, 02:56 AM

I think Luxus is showing Natsu some respect when he waved his hand on page 11. Sort of like an acknowledgement of some sort. Though when Natsu confront Luxus and wanted another match in the future, that was hilarious.

I'm not liking how the events were unfolded but Luxus seemed to have confronted himself or at least became more accepting of his true feelings.

Ex-communicated isn't bad. If Luxus behavior improves, Marakov should lift the ex-communication and welcome Luxus back. Now I really think that Luxus might really become the next FT guild leader.

daman246
March 20, 2009, 10:37 PM
this would turn interesting when he finaly find salamander

Destin82
March 21, 2009, 06:55 PM
dont go lux....

n if luxus goes out, then his underlings would go also??....

arkhhhhh...

Doubtful. This arc sort of implied that Fried realized his true loyalties were more to the guild than Luxus. Evergreen and Bixlow, I'm not so sure.

Dalyup!
March 22, 2009, 05:57 PM
Does anyone think that the next chapters having coloured pages might mean something? Usually something somewhat dramatic happens when the first few pages are in colour, and it is the end of the arc. Maybe something interesting revealed about the dragons like at the end of Tower of Paradise arc. Of course, I'm just spewing speculation and it'll (probably) be a pretty Fantasia parade thing.

Kravmaga
March 22, 2009, 09:44 PM
Does anyone think that the next chapters having coloured pages might mean something? Usually something somewhat dramatic happens when the first few pages are in colour, and it is the end of the arc. Maybe something interesting revealed about the dragons like at the end of Tower of Paradise arc. Of course, I'm just spewing speculation and it'll (probably) be a pretty Fantasia parade thing.

My inner fanboy and I are hoping so with all the hoping power at our disposal.
The fantasia parade sounds like the perfect event to be crashed by the appearance of the latest bad guy and to set off the next arc. Possibly dragon related!
PleaseBeDragonArcPleaseBeDragonArcPleaseBeDragonArcPleaseBeDragonArc...

@Destin82
I'm not against the idea of an anime at all but FT's fights scenes are so choreographically complex and fast paced that any studio short of the big league's budget animating them would either butcher them or simply won't happen.
I do hold secret hopes that the reason there weren't any news yet is because they did hire massive pros for the job and they have been working on it for a long time but still aren't done with a season that they haven't announced it in order to preserve secrecy...

fizban
March 23, 2009, 02:32 AM
I hope that Natsu doesn't let Luxus leave before asking about his dragon mentor. He only brought it up with Gazille the one time, and you'd think they would both really be curious to know

kilm
March 23, 2009, 12:45 PM
Hrm.... looking through the new raw..

Luxus's dad is introduced... Master Iwan

Destin82
March 23, 2009, 02:00 PM
Well looking through the latest chapter.

It is looking like Gazille is struggling with the task of his supposed double agent role, he'll be FT in the long run

fizban
March 23, 2009, 02:48 PM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/128/)

Discuss the chapter and what you think will happen next time

Kravmaga
March 23, 2009, 02:58 PM
Well looking through the latest chapter.

It is looking like Gazille is struggling with the task of his supposed double agent role, he'll be FT in the long run

After reading the first translation...

Well, luxus' redemption is now set. Plus ivan's plans in stealing luxus' lachrima crystals for money will be the perfect excuse to downgrade luxus' power now that he's turned into a good guy. I predict this will be the last arc with the old man and the next master will be decided at the conclusion. I was surprised that gazille is actually good through all this; his first appearance painted him a sadistic asshole and now he's a selfless team player... Don't know what to think about that.

Castriota
March 23, 2009, 04:34 PM
can't really read japanese but i guess that dude with gazelle is, master ivan was it?
i dunno correct me if i'm wrong
i wonder what was on that note gazelle gave to makarov. we can only wait!!!

page 9, top right panel
mistgun?

LoS
March 23, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah Mistgun and the Old man were both at the festival.

zelllogan
March 23, 2009, 05:51 PM
Lot of information in that chapter.

1) Cool, gazille isn't a traitor after all
2) master ivan is lakusas father
They could have found a better design for the next bad guy. Lakusas father looks are awful.
3) Lakusas is not a real dragon slayer.

fizban
March 23, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah Mistgun and the Old man were both at the festival.

As were the mages from the Deliora saga. I noticed the cat guy first, despite eyebrows being right there

Kravmaga
March 23, 2009, 07:12 PM
Lot of information in that chapter.

1) Cool, gazille isn't a traitor after all
2) master ivan is lakusas father
They could have found a better design for the next bad guy. Lakusas father looks are awful.
3) Lakusas is not a real dragon slayer.

Also, luxus has lachrima crystals in him since he was a kid because he was weak.
Ivan's genius plan is apparently to get those by luring luxus back using his father image and to sell them.

I almost don't know what to think of that guy, his half-assed get-rich-quick plan and his paper mache magic... is he for real?

Destin82
March 23, 2009, 08:27 PM
Just read the chapter and even though my french isn't that great, all of it made enough sense. Guess Gazille is a triple agent, I actually didn't predict that. Luxus has dragon lachryma crystals in him, I agree with Kravmaga when I see the potential for a nerf in the character, although I'm sure he'll return to full power eventually though through legitimate means.

I like Ivan as a villain so far, but I always like creative looking villains.

ahoyazi
March 24, 2009, 02:20 AM
The gesture of the guild remind me of one piece

zelllogan
March 24, 2009, 03:59 AM
Also, luxus has lachrima crystals in him since he was a kid because he was weak.
Ivan's genius plan is apparently to get those by luring luxus back using his father image and to sell them.

I almost don't know what to think of that guy, his half-assed get-rich-quick plan and his paper mache magic... is he for real?

I found the lachrima/get rich stuff completly dumb. I didn't want to speak about it :).

The gesture of the guild remind me of one piece
In one piece, it was much well done if you ask me. Lakusas as a cry baby, I don't buy it. It's just completely out of the character.

Farfalla
March 24, 2009, 07:24 AM
Huh, can anyone tell me where was master Ivan in the story before? I don't remender seeing him, or of someone talking about him... I'm a little lost with this master Ivan o.o

Patta
March 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
It's here (http://read.mangashare.com/Fairy-Tail/chapter-117/page003.html) and here (http://read.mangashare.com/Fairy-Tail/chapter-117/page004.html).

Farfalla
March 24, 2009, 08:59 AM
Thank, you^^ I thought he'd appeared when the concil was talking about Etherion. So, I thought he was a concil's member XD *tottaly lost*

Pirulito
March 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
Good, really good chapter with lots of information and surprise things. And the relaxed way of Fairy Tail.

Pleasant, pleasant chapter.

imamess
March 24, 2009, 11:29 AM
I don't think for a second that Ivan's real ambition is just to get money from the lacryma. I don't think he'd be so careless as to tell Gazille his true plans. Plus, it seems like it'd be useful to have something that allows a person to use dragon slayer magic since it seems like a very powerful magic if used to its full power.

kkck
March 24, 2009, 12:36 PM
Why is there not an english translation yet? I cant read jappanesse, french or arabic, I really want to know what happens in this chapter.

Farfalla
March 24, 2009, 12:44 PM
Because c-net sama must be busy^^'

Kravmaga
March 24, 2009, 01:18 PM
Why is there not an english translation yet? I cant read jappanesse, french or arabic, I really want to know what happens in this chapter.

I translated the french from rhavin.
Don't expect pro quality though since this is technically two passes...

page 01
Chap128: fantasya

Sidetext : "Luxus compilation" the final emotional scene !!

text : We ain't finished !!
text : We can still go !!
text : We don't need number when we kick this much ass !!

page 02
Inbetween text : Luxus got kicked out and he doesn't even give a f...?!

_Don't joke around !! How can they only kick you out ?!
_Aren't we your accomplice ?!
_Of the same crime
_It's the old man's decision.
_If that's how it'll be, I'll come with you, Luxus.
_Same here!
_You guys are getting on my nerves...
_Can't you just let shit go?
_There's no helping it, there has to be someone to take all the blame.
_No matter the consequences.
_You kids aren't like me; you'll suffer and regret it if you leave the guild now.

page 03
_We'll beg the old man !!
_I bet Natsu and Grey wouldn't agree... they'll fight for it til the end
_Luxus!
_Take care of yourselves.
_Luxus !!
_Stop fucking with us! What's gonna happen to us now ?!
_...

page 04
_God damnit !!
_See you later...
_Luxus.

page 05
page 06
page 07
_Cute !!
_The fairy tail girls !!
_(pervert talk) !!
_(more pervet talk) !!
_...
_That's Elfman !!
_Impressive !

page 08
_Whoah an ice castle !!
_Looks like water...
_Here's Titania !!
_Flying swords magic !!
_(perv shit again)
_Marry me, Erza ?!

page 09
_natsu !! What the hell are you doing here wounded !?
_Stop fucking around !! You want to bleed to death !! Go back to bed!
_ha ha ha ha
_That's the headmaster !!
_Makarov is back !!

page 10
_That's a weird outfit.
Fits him I guess...
_err... What's with the dance ?
_Gramps !! Can I be in the parade this year ?!
_PWEASE !!
_I reserved the best spot just for you.
_Will I see you from there ?
_f' course.

page 11
_So is it right in the middle !!
_Yep !!
_Really? Why?
_You'll be the messenger for me !!
_If I can see you there,
_then I'll be able to see you forever.
(yeah don't ask me, just think mushy stuff lost in translation)
_Luxus...
_You'll see,
_gramps.

page 12
page 13
page 14
page 15
page 16
_Grand-pa...

page 17
_Even though I won't see you again...
_even though our paths are separating...
_no matter what
_I'll always see you
_I'll always keep

page 18
_an eye out for you.
_That's right.
_Thanks for everything.

page 19
_My crows...
_How can you be so beautiful ?
_WTF ?
_I don't get why people hate you...
_aww.

page 20
_!
_But beauty is so fragile.
_fuha ha ha ha
_Righ, gazille ?
_...
_You knew Luxus was a dragonslayer.
_fu fu fu
_fuha ha ha ha ha ha ha

page 21
_He's a little cheater.
_just a dirty little cheater!

sign : Luxus' mother-effer. guild Black Raven Tail. Master ivan.

_a cheater ?
_He was such a weak-ass punk when he was a kid.
_I pitied the fool. So I implanted lachrima crystals in him.
_Dragonslayer magic from lachrima crystals ?!
_Effing awesome, right ?
_But now that he got himself kicked out, he'll come straight to me.
_Right on time too.

page 22
_You know how much those crystals are worth nowadays?
_Easy money for me...
_So you... You're planning on removing them ?!
_But if you do that... Luxus will...
_bhua haha ha ha ha !!! Ever since he was a kid, he longed for a father figure. I'll welcome him with open arms ! He won't resist.
_But today, cash is king.
_And he just made war with fairy tail.
_I want you to keep spying on fairy tail.
_aight ?
_No one must find you out.
_I'd never get caught by those suckers.

page 23
_Gazille.
_!

page 24
_Did you participate in the parade ?
_fuck no.
_Ah, too bad.
_fuuuu
_I'm happy it's over; finally some calm...
_From tomorrow on, help with rebuilding the town.
_master.
_!

page 25
_Masta ivan is...
_no, your son is coming.
_had to happen some day.
_I'm sorry for giving you such a dangerous mission.
_I don't mind playing double agent. His goal is to get Luxus' crystals.
_That doesn't matter, all that counts is that he'll be coming.
_He's not my son anymore...

texte sur le coté : Protect what counts at all cost! that's the spirit of FT !!

ch 129: "Nevertheless, I..."

fizban
March 24, 2009, 03:08 PM
I predict that Luxus' minions will start following Happy from now on. He is the next logical choice for guild leader

It would have been amusing if Mistgun in the audience was still using the sleeping magic that he uses to hide his identity. Parade float drivers passing out and crashing into the crowd

If you took that rare dragon crystal and put it in a dragon slayer would they be able to dragon up even more? We'll probably find out later when Natsu eats some

Farfalla
March 24, 2009, 03:32 PM
I think it's a little lame that Luxus's dad wants to kill him just because of money... I know it's a lot of money, but he must be an amazing mage, too XD and he is just... greedy? So I agree with imamess... He must doubt about Gazille, too, since he is already stabing someone in the back...

LNsu
March 24, 2009, 04:07 PM
Wow, an unexpectedly good way to wrap up many loose ends. I enjoy how the story is transitioning into the next arc but still kinda wish Gazelle is more of a baddie. I know he will still be rivaling with Natsu and now Gray has Lluvia to deal with. Haha.

Somehow it seems like Lucy hasn't been getting enough love lately.

Dalyup!
March 24, 2009, 04:42 PM
Pretty good chapter, I liked it. I don't think Ivan simply wants to get money either; maybe wants to try provoke Makarov into saving Luxus and kill him since he doesn't seem to care about Luxus at all. Not too sure about Gazille yet, still think he could have hidden motives or is, like, a triple agent.

Oh, and that bearded guy was in the crowd again. Probably Lucy's dad: in the close-ups of his face his nose looks like her father's and he's wearing a tie in the panel in this chapter.

Speculating is fun.

bittman
March 24, 2009, 06:09 PM
Excellent chapter. Fairy Tail does just keep getting better just when you think it could fall, it gets brought back stronger than before.

Ivan = Luxus' dad + Gazelle = double agent. Awesome.

But wait, more importantly: Who won Miss Fairy Tail?

Chaos Shadow
March 24, 2009, 06:33 PM
it was really awesomee.. also Leon ans his team and mistugn were on the fantasiaa
gazille being an double agent was too cool =)

Destin82
March 24, 2009, 09:53 PM
I sort of realized that Gazille has to be incredibly important to the story as soon as he was established as a dragon slayer, having him be a true bad guy would make it hard for him to be part of the eventual great dragon arc. I think Luxus being a fake dragon slayer was maybe Mashima doing damage control, maybe regretting that he made Luxus a dragon slayer at all and now plans to take it away.

As far as where this arc is going, I'm seeing Marakov beating Ivan but dying in the process. Fairy Tail will probably be entrusted to Erza the more I think about it.

kkck
March 24, 2009, 11:33 PM
I translated the french from rhavin.
Don't expect pro quality though since this is technically two passes...

page 01
Chap128: fantasya

Sidetext : "Luxus compilation" the final emotional scene !!

text : We ain't finished !!
text : We can still go !!
text : We don't need number when we kick this much ass !!

page 02
Inbetween text : Luxus got kicked out and he doesn't even give a f...?!

_Don't joke around !! How can they only kick you out ?!
_Aren't we your accomplice ?!
_Of the same crime
_It's the old man's decision.
_If that's how it'll be, I'll come with you, Luxus.
_Same here!
_You guys are getting on my nerves...
_Can't you just let shit go?
_There's no helping it, there has to be someone to take all the blame.
_No matter the consequences.
_You kids aren't like me; you'll suffer and regret it if you leave the guild now.

page 03
_We'll beg the old man !!
_I bet Natsu and Grey wouldn't agree... they'll fight for it til the end
_Luxus!
_Take care of yourselves.
_Luxus !!
_Stop fucking with us! What's gonna happen to us now ?!
_...

page 04
_God damnit !!
_See you later...
_Luxus.

page 05
page 06
page 07
_Cute !!
_The fairy tail girls !!
_(pervert talk) !!
_(more pervet talk) !!
_...
_That's Elfman !!
_Impressive !

page 08
_Whoah an ice castle !!
_Looks like water...
_Here's Titania !!
_Flying swords magic !!
_(perv shit again)
_Marry me, Erza ?!

page 09
_natsu !! What the hell are you doing here wounded !?
_Stop fucking around !! You want to bleed to death !! Go back to bed!
_ha ha ha ha
_That's the headmaster !!
_Makarov is back !!

page 10
_That's a weird outfit.
Fits him I guess...
_err... What's with the dance ?
_Gramps !! Can I be in the parade this year ?!
_PWEASE !!
_I reserved the best spot just for you.
_Will I see you from there ?
_f' course.

page 11
_So is it right in the middle !!
_Yep !!
_Really? Why?
_You'll be the messenger for me !!
_If I can see you there,
_then I'll be able to see you forever.
(yeah don't ask me, just think mushy stuff lost in translation)
_Luxus...
_You'll see,
_gramps.

page 12
page 13
page 14
page 15
page 16
_Grand-pa...

page 17
_Even though I won't see you again...
_even though our paths are separating...
_no matter what
_I'll always see you
_I'll always keep

page 18
_an eye out for you.
_That's right.
_Thanks for everything.

page 19
_My crows...
_How can you be so beautiful ?
_WTF ?
_I don't get why people hate you...
_aww.

page 20
_!
_But beauty is so fragile.
_fuha ha ha ha
_Righ, gazille ?
_...
_You knew Luxus was a dragonslayer.
_fu fu fu
_fuha ha ha ha ha ha ha

page 21
_He's a little cheater.
_just a dirty little cheater!

sign : Luxus' mother-effer. guild Black Raven Tail. Master ivan.

_a cheater ?
_He was such a weak-ass punk when he was a kid.
_I pitied the fool. So I implanted lachrima crystals in him.
_Dragonslayer magic from lachrima crystals ?!
_Effing awesome, right ?
_But now that he got himself kicked out, he'll come straight to me.
_Right on time too.

page 22
_You know how much those crystals are worth nowadays?
_Easy money for me...
_So you... You're planning on removing them ?!
_But if you do that... Luxus will...
_bhua haha ha ha ha !!! Ever since he was a kid, he longed for a father figure. I'll welcome him with open arms ! He won't resist.
_But today, cash is king.
_And he just made war with fairy tail.
_I want you to keep spying on fairy tail.
_aight ?
_No one must find you out.
_I'd never get caught by those suckers.

page 23
_Gazille.
_!

page 24
_Did you participate in the parade ?
_fuck no.
_Ah, too bad.
_fuuuu
_I'm happy it's over; finally some calm...
_From tomorrow on, help with rebuilding the town.
_master.
_!

page 25
_Masta ivan is...
_no, your son is coming.
_had to happen some day.
_I'm sorry for giving you such a dangerous mission.
_I don't mind playing double agent. His goal is to get Luxus' crystals.
_That doesn't matter, all that counts is that he'll be coming.
_He's not my son anymore...

texte sur le coté : Protect what counts at all cost! that's the spirit of FT !!

ch 129: "Nevertheless, I..."

Thanks man, that really helped take of the edge from waiting for the chapter.

Chapter was interesting, lots of info, pages, and funny scenes. Well, gazille is a double agent, but he could still be a triple agent though. He could just be waiting for it and switch sides at any time. Also, somehow I dont see luxus dad being so naive as to not suspect gazille at all. The only thing I do hope for though, is that we dont get another guild war arc. I just finished reading the manga less than a month ago and am still fresh from the whole guild war thing lol.
[hr]
I am surprised at how powerful a guild fairy tail is. It was said they were equal with phantom, but with the recent arc, we actually can see how huge the gap actually is. I mean, just luxus bodyguards could be as strong or stronger than the element four. And we havent even seen gildarts(who IMO will be the tool of an incredible deus ex machina and be makarovs healthy twin and take over the position of master in the guild)

Gustmin
March 25, 2009, 08:22 AM
Luxus can't be that weak.
He mastered fairy law though it was a fail when we saw it .

senewe
March 26, 2009, 01:31 AM
As far as where this arc is going, I'm seeing Marakov beating Ivan but dying in the process. Fairy Tail will probably be entrusted to Erza the more I think about it.

dont forget about glidartz??
his possition is just b4 makarov makarov, right??
n i think he will b showing soon..

Farfalla
March 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
I don't see Erza as master =/ I think there's the possibility of Luxus becoming the master... This arc will "touch" him a lot, in my opinion.

Chaos Shadow
March 26, 2009, 08:18 PM
Erza has alot of potential and is really strong but she is not in a "master level" at least not at the moment..
In the case of mackarov resign/death/illnes Luxus or gildartz had more chance of became the master or even mistgun

Gustmin
March 27, 2009, 07:05 AM
gildartz = gazille

Host Samurai
March 27, 2009, 11:48 AM
Erza has alot of potential and is really strong but she is not in a "master level" at least not at the moment..
In the case of mackarov resign/death/illnes Luxus or gildartz had more chance of became the master or even mistgun

I think that Mistgun would be the wrong person IMO. You didn't forget that he has the same face as Gerard a (former) Holy Mage that could cause trouble for him. And Mistgun is way to reserved to be a Master.

Destin82
March 27, 2009, 06:46 PM
There's a possibility that it'll be Luxus, but this manga tries to get across that fraternity and sorority of the guild is above all else, and characters like Luxus and Gildartz don't really exemplify those ideals. I have a good feeling that Erza will be made the next guild leader if Marakov ever dies. If they introduce Gildartz as the leader, I wonder if it would be in a Tsunade like fashion where they have to be forced to accept their role as guild head.

kkck
March 27, 2009, 09:31 PM
The new master has to be someone who truly understands the ideals which fairy tail stands(mayhem, destruction, camaraderie and magic) while at the same time being able to keep all the members in check. While luxus just saw the error of his ways, he still has a long way to go until he can fully understand what fairy tail stands for. Erza is strong but she takes a way to active part in the mayhem part, so she probably isnt ready yet for such a task. Mistgun? That guy is clearly related to zerref, there is no way he actually is a candidate. I actually see him being some sort of a ba guy lol. I will believe that after makarof dies gildarts is to become the master, until proven otherwise lol.

Harinezumi
March 27, 2009, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking the new Master will be. . . that girl. >_>

I forget her name, but she has the demon transformation thing. She has the brother. >_>

Yeeeeeah, anyway, I think she is the best candidate. She is S-Class, very relaxed, everybody likes her, she's been in the guild for the while, etc.

Kravmaga
March 28, 2009, 12:23 AM
I'm thinking the new Master will be. . . that girl. >_>

I forget her name, but she has the demon transformation thing. She has the brother. >_>

Yeeeeeah, anyway, I think she is the best candidate. She is S-Class, very relaxed, everybody likes her, she's been in the guild for the while, etc.

Mirajane?
I thought so too until makarov turned out to be not dying...
That newfound longevity gives luxus a whole arc worth of time to become master-worthy and take over.
But, meh. Your guess is as good as mine.

I would be a little disappointed if this arc turns out to have nothing to do with the dragon storyline and instead focuses on luxus' family and past... The way luxus turned out to be a dragonslayer really had me going for a couple chapters.

kkck
March 28, 2009, 12:42 AM
^She is too young to be master IMO. Not to mention we dont know if she will be able to fight like she did before as of now. Anyways, she would have to be at least the strongest member in fairy tail in order to become the master and we know there are a few who would give her a run for her money (erza, serious natsu....)

shadow0fsaints
March 28, 2009, 09:50 AM
i personally think that gildartz is the old guy at the parade... the same one that was crying over lucy's photo(i think). what you guys think?

Harinezumi
March 28, 2009, 11:01 AM
Yes! Mirjane. Anyway, I don't believe age matters in getting a master. She's still my top choice, though. I believe that Natsu and Erza could definitely beat her, but Natsu isn't mature enough to become the leader and Erza is too hard on everybody. That leaves strength-wise Gray, Lluvia, Goatguy, Gazille, Mistgun and Luxus' three-person fanclub. Out of these people I do not believe any are likely choices. Either because they have not been a part of the guild for a long enough time, started that war within the guild or they're just not strong enough. That leaves out why Mistgun can't be the Master, which at this point is pretty obvious. For starters he's never at the guild and now he's a huge plot character.

So yeah, either Mirajane, Erza or Natsu. Oh and Gildartz potentially, but at this point we know nothing about him except that he's S-Class and could potentially be that old guy in the crowd.

kkck
March 28, 2009, 07:14 PM
i personally think that gildartz is the old guy at the parade... the same one that was crying over lucy's photo(i think). what you guys think?

I think that is lucys dad.
Here he is the first time:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/104/20/
And the first time lucys dad ever appeared:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/06/

If you pay attention, you will notice the nose is the exactly equal in all pictures, so I doubt they are all different people lol.

Harinezumi
March 28, 2009, 09:43 PM
Oh, nice catch there. Makes perfect sense. :D

malloween
March 29, 2009, 09:32 PM
i think next chapter would be the person watching Lucy will be revealed or Ezra asking Master Makarov on the identity of Mist Gun... Wow Gazille turned out to be a good guy afterall.. and i like the time when he is at Fairy Tail he often stares at Levi..

kkck
March 30, 2009, 10:33 AM
i think next chapter would be the person watching Lucy will be revealed or Ezra asking Master Makarov on the identity of Mist Gun... Wow Gazille turned out to be a good guy afterall.. and i like the time when he is at Fairy Tail he often stares at Levi..

lol, for all we know gazille could be a triple/quadruple or whatver agent just waiting to choose a side lol. I am pretty sure luxus dad is strong as hell considering he also is makarovs flesh and blood. Considering he seems to be somewhere in his mid fourties, which is manga is the pinacle of ones power lol, he could even outpower current makarov. Anyways, if there is a confrontation between makarov and him, I would say the age difference will be the end of makarov....

KaNx
March 30, 2009, 10:52 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/129/)

Discuss the chapter and what you think will happen next time.

Tanequil
March 30, 2009, 11:52 AM
Hm... Looks interesting. Something seems to have happened to the Heartphilia's that is somehow related to Fairy Tail? Not too interesting, not really my type, but at the same time, I'm not too sure that's what the chapter is about... Can't read Jap.

But the colour page was nice. Took me sometime (and some sucky Katakana skills of mine) to identify the top left one as Jubia... Man, the girls are looking good. :)

kilm
March 30, 2009, 12:54 PM
Just scanning through the chapter

Lucy meets her dad. They get into an argument. Gray and company find a new job posting, but Lucy doesn't want to go and instead wants to save him

Majek
March 30, 2009, 04:45 PM
You didn't recognize Lluvia? :O And she's prettier than erza in that dress too :3

So Lucy is actually taking the initiative? Commendable :O

fizban
March 30, 2009, 05:44 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am shocked that the top three places in the Miss Fairy Tail contest went to the leading female roles. The other girls in the guild are at a huge disadvantage getting shown only once every 20 chapters or so.

Farfalla
March 30, 2009, 05:56 PM
So, its rly "Jubia" instead of "Lluvia"? When a sign appeared with their names, "Elza, Lucy, ...", I think is a "J" bellow the name "Lucy".

Nonlife
March 30, 2009, 09:41 PM
I thought during the Jose arc, there was a colored pic of the Elemental 4 showing Jubia as a blonde?

Harinezumi
March 30, 2009, 09:45 PM
I'll double check that.

Lluvia doesn't really sound right anyway. The only 'v' sound in Japanese is 'vu,'.

Edit: Yeah, that's definitely Jubia. Well, technically it's 'Jiubia'

kkck
March 30, 2009, 11:22 PM
I am no Japanese translator but I do know my Spanish. The name usually shown in the escalations is "Lluvia", which translates to rain. Considering her background, even if the literal crappy Japanese attempt at saying 'lluvia" is jiuvia I would say lluvia is the more appropiate word for her name. My two cents...

edit: I just checked how lluvia and jubia actually sound. I guess jubia has the correct pronunciation in english but if the translation is in spanish it would actually sound different. I guess the translation would be different for english and spanish.

fizban
March 31, 2009, 01:48 AM
This chapter gets an additional 10 pages when it is in the next volume. I hope somebody is able to scan those pages so we can see it in its entirety

Samui
March 31, 2009, 04:24 AM
Just finished reading the chapter.
What an asshole father :/ And I tought already he had changed.

Dalyup!
March 31, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, same, I thought he had changed as well but then he suddenly reverts to his old ways. Knew that bearded guy was him - I was right for once. ;D I hope this new arc is good, and part of the wider plot... Maybe her father deliberately got the Dark Guild to take over the Merchants' Guild for a price or something, hum.

Chaos Shadow
March 31, 2009, 02:07 PM
so he is poor now but he still is a bastard..
BUT the most weird thing in this chap is.. FRIED´s HAIRCUT!!!
why he did that? his previous haircut was really cool

i personally dont like the pic of lluvia in the cover.. mashiro could draw her pretier than that.. and by the way where is she? in a mission with gazille or kana? because i didnt saw her in the chapter...

Farfalla
March 31, 2009, 02:33 PM
I've found that on google:

The western region of Galicia, the chief rivers of which are the Mino, Oitaben, Lerez, Umia, Ulla, Tambre, Jallas, Castro, Rio del Puerto, Allones, Mero, Mandeo, Lume, Jubia, Rio de Porto do Cabo, Mera, and Sor.

So, if it's a spanish river, it's still water, right? Even from english to spanish, coudn't it be translated as Jubia because of the river?

Chaos Shadow
March 31, 2009, 04:21 PM
This chapter gets an additional 10 pages when it is in the next volume. I hope somebody is able to scan those pages so we can see it in its entirety

really? i never heard about this, are others chapters form others volumes with extra pages?

Farfalla
March 31, 2009, 04:50 PM
Sometimes they get. But it doesn't mean that will be always like this. Some pages can be redone, also. That are pages in FT's volumes that are different from FT's chapters. Like this:

Chap. 91 Page 11 (chapter page):
http://img61.onemanga.com/mangas/00000022/000054812/11.jpg

Chap. 91 Page 11 (volume page):
http://i33.tinypic.com/1j3xnl.jpg

Chaos Shadow
March 31, 2009, 08:05 PM
Sometimes they get. But it doesn't mean that will be always like this. Some pages can be redone, also. That are pages in FT's volumes that are different from FT's chapters. Like this:

Chap. 91 Page 11 (chapter page):
http://img61.onemanga.com/mangas/00000022/000054812/11.jpg

Chap. 91 Page 11 (volume page):
http://i33.tinypic.com/1j3xnl.jpg

OHHHH i didnt knew that and the second page ( the img of the purgatory armor) looks more badass than in the original..
thanks =)

Destin82
March 31, 2009, 09:56 PM
This manga has some serious trouble with name translations. Lluvia, Jeral, Luxus > Jubia, Jerard, Lakusas personally speaking. At the end of the day doesn't matter what their names are as long as we could agree it's one or the other.

Chapter was good, pretty obvious Gray, Natsu, Erza are gonna drop whatever they're doing and help Lucy out, but I see this mission having a lot of potential to expand on Lucy, who's sort of the runt of the group despite some pretty big victories. Would be nice if one of Lluvia or Gazille joined in too, but doesn't seem likely at the moment.

ahoyazi
April 01, 2009, 06:55 AM
Perhaps a little stray from the discussion, Mashima's Ramblings in chapter.129, Fairy Tail will have a fun sort of year planned, and in chapter.127 also said The staff are into seiyuu recently, So from this can speculate there will be a drama or anime this year?

And I really shocked by Fried's new hair style too, anyway, look forward to a new chapter

Farfalla
April 01, 2009, 08:16 AM
No problem^^

Harinezumi
April 01, 2009, 09:02 PM
Okay, so I just read it in English. God, Lucy annoyed me. She shouldn't go after her father. He obviously didn't and still doesn't care about her - I would have let him die.

Host Samurai
April 02, 2009, 06:44 AM
Okay, so I just read it in English. God, Lucy annoyed me. She shouldn't go after her father. He obviously didn't and still doesn't care about her - I would have let him die.

I personally like, that she is still going after her father. She knows that he is a horrible person but the fact remains that she is still his daughter and if she wouldn't have gone and searched for him, she would have become like him. A cold and heartless person.

Farfalla
April 02, 2009, 12:46 PM
I think he was begging cause he was desperate... That was so sad... and I think she was a little rough .-.

Harinezumi
April 02, 2009, 06:16 PM
He came and asked for money, that was it. Never had he shown care for her, and then he comes, he's now lost everything and acts nice. It turns out that he wants money. When Lucy doesn't have that money he storms out. I don't really think he came to "see his daughter's face,".

Also, Lucy would not have become like him. She left that family because she wasn't in the pursuit of money. Lucy finds her friends more important, and I don't care if he's her biological father, because he sure as hell did not treat her like a father should.

So, yeah, I believe he deserves whatever he has coming and Lucy is too nice. ;-;

Onomatopoeia
April 04, 2009, 02:45 PM
I wonder what would have happened had Lucy won the contest...

Honestly though the amount of money he asked for was actualy not that much and a reasonable amount for a traveling merchant if he wanted to start a job up. In fact I'm pretty sure that amount of money was put into context that it was equal to about a month of rent in Lucy's apartment.

Not defending him because he's a huge dick, but I'm just saying.

Oh yeah, woohoo for for Lucy arc. /sarcasm

Honestly screw her dad he's a jerk.

Patta
April 06, 2009, 04:23 PM
I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!!!! Zod's guild will take revenge on FT!

Look at my avatar, hahaha

kkck
April 06, 2009, 05:18 PM
I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!!!! Zod's guild will take revenge on FT!

Look at my avatar, hahaha

who is zod lol?

Destin82
April 06, 2009, 05:20 PM
Well that went by quickly. I kind of like reading the French scans since it gives me a chance to use my first tongue. The chapter was alright, Lucy's probably the most improved character since this manga began. The new guild introduced at the end looks annoying. The leader with the snake looks like a lame variation of Shuda as well. Hopefully they at least have interesting powers.
[hr]

who is zod lol?

Maybe that guild that Luxus and his gang took out at the start of the previous arc.

Luffy1045
April 06, 2009, 07:40 PM
wait what new guild ?!

Astral_Shive
April 06, 2009, 08:35 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/s/fts/readonline/20497/1

I didn't see Raw Online but French peps already translate it lol

LoS
April 06, 2009, 08:48 PM
My take on this chapter, aside from it being a boring continuation of Lucy arc...
Lol at that gang of Mexican Apes, dude has a sombrero on his back and a shoulder pad that says Salsa.

That and the leader Cobra looks like a cross between Gazille and Mist Gun(Minus the tattoo).

Castriota
April 06, 2009, 08:52 PM
oh wow. i've been waiting for a raw all day. doesn't it usually come out today? the french freakin scanlated before the raw is even on here. blimey. only thing i got out of that chapter was when natsu said lucy ca va. old high school french class coming back to me!

kkck
April 06, 2009, 09:12 PM
I wouldnt mind there being a french scanlation if there was also a french translation I could use..... At least with that I could use google for a babblefish translation and get a better idea of what happens.

It seems it is going to be a great chapter and it seems lucy finally came ti terms with her dad and is finally on her way to pay the rent.... I am surprised, she is has grown much stronger now, she summoned several of her gold key summons and wasnt tired at all, quite a feat.

On another note, it seems there is a new villain, although my limited knowledge of french (non existant would be more appropiate lol) doesnt help in seeing exactly what it is about lol. BTW, the bracelet that guy was wearing looked liked a dark bring, although I doubt the author would give such importance to something from a previous manga lol)

Nonlife
April 06, 2009, 09:33 PM
The "Leader" of Cobra-I guess-is a nice outtake of what Orochimaru's kid may look like.

LoS
April 06, 2009, 10:14 PM
so apparently

times have changed and
It is time to destroy the light
and start the invasion where shadow shall stand against the world
guild leader: Black Cobra

pirateninjahunter
April 07, 2009, 02:56 AM
I did not understand: Gazille is working as a double agent against Makarov's son? And Makarov's son has the same abilities Jose has? Is Makarov's son Jose?

Natsu is always winning his fights! That's not fun... I bet that if he fights Makarov he wins. Because he NEVER loses.

They will save Lucy's father without any problem! Because Natsu never loses... So predictable.

imamess
April 07, 2009, 10:46 AM
The dark guild is called Oracion Seis. Mashima really loves his Rave references. D:
(All I ask for is a Jiggle Butt Gang cameo.)

kkck
April 07, 2009, 01:13 PM
Interesting name for the guild lol. Guess it is a good way to scare people if they really are pretending to be those guys. I still think the bracelet cobra had looked like a dark bring, it will be interesting if it actually is one lol. They could pretend to just have dark bring though.

Chaos Shadow
April 07, 2009, 02:56 PM
interesting chap..
we will just have to wait to learn more about this Cobra and Oracion seis ( Like "Pray six" or "sixth pray" or something like that)..
i cant wait to see more hehe

LoS
April 07, 2009, 03:54 PM
Wow there are so many typo's and grammatical errors in that English scanlation. Do people not edit anymore?

Castriota
April 07, 2009, 04:44 PM
Wow there are so many typo's and grammatical errors in that English scanlation. Do people not edit anymore?

you took the words right out of my um fingers. i guess we can only wait for a better scanlation but nonetheless. kinda weird chapter.

Farfalla
April 07, 2009, 04:47 PM
Lucy called Taurus, Cancer and Sagittarius at the same time? LoL, if she did it, she just became too strong in a RLY short time x.x that sucks...

About the scanlation, if I can read it, for me it's enough XD Those guys don't earn any money with this... and people all over the world is gonna read it *like me*, they'll understand the chapter, and thoses errors won't do a single difference!

kkck
April 07, 2009, 06:21 PM
^I agree lucy has become much stronger in a short period of time. Not at the same natsu and grey have grown though(that may be because natsu and grey were much stronger to begin with though).
I am curious about the limit of lucys ability. So far this seem to be the limits she has:
1.- The amount of creatures she can summon at the same time
2.- The conditions under which she can summon the creatures(days, hour, situations...)
Those things are pretty bad but by having several keys, the shortcomings can be greatly avoided. Another thing I was wondering about is the limitations of a summons strength. Given a comment lucy made early in the manga it would seem the strength of his summons would increase as as lucy herself becomes stronger but so far that hasnt been elaborated on on the slightest. And finally, there are only 12 golden keys in the world, and while the ones we have seen seem pretty strong, they have never been that spectacular either. What do regular stellar spirit mages do? Wouldn't they be screwed without a golden keys? Maybe there aren't that many stellar spirit mages to begin with(unlikely though given that there are stores which sell silver keys) so the lack of golden spirit keys isn't such a bad thing. All of that leads me to believe that while lucy is more than considerably stronger than at the beginning of the manga, she is still a relatively weak spirit mage but has strong spirits with her.

bittman
April 07, 2009, 06:37 PM
Actually, she switched them in and out. She never had more than one around at any one time.

AND THAT IS THE WORST QUALITY TRANSLATION I'VE SEEN IN AGES! "sens" instead of "Sense", "left" instead of "leave". Major engrish fail.

Back on the chapter though, I only have one thing to say:
New Villains! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! It's been too long.

Destin82
April 07, 2009, 11:24 PM
Dark guild Oration Seis... Guild leader looks like a variation of Shuda with an armlet the looks like it's dark bring. This is following an arc where Sieglein/Jerald uses Etherion while having an underling Miriana that resembles Leopard from the Blue Guardians. Lets not forget that Zeref looks like Endless, oh and Plue as well. I'm probably forgetting a bunch.

Think it's only a matter of time before we hear about the Silver Ray, Sinclaire, etc.

Farfalla
April 08, 2009, 08:19 AM
I think that, when she was talking to the spirit king or something like that about Loki, she summoned all of them at once. If she didn't, Mashima gaves us that idea.

Dalyup!
April 08, 2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, she did summon them all at once last time, but for only a few seconds.

I hope this new villain ties in with Master Ivan somehow. They try to take down Fairy Tail together, maybe that's what he means by diminishing light or whatever he said.

On the scantalation on onemanga it says that he's a member of Oracion Seis not the master. Which one is it?

Shimon
April 08, 2009, 10:54 AM
This was a rather interesting chapter, Lucy has gotten much stronger ever since she joined FT and now we have a dark guild call Oracion Seis showing up and Cobra looks like Shuda(Rave Master) I would really like to see the other Oracion Seis from Rave Master in their altered versions in Fairy Tail that would be really cool.

I'd love to see Natsu fight Cobra LOL.

kkck
April 08, 2009, 12:53 PM
Dark guild Oration Seis... Guild leader looks like a variation of Shuda with an armlet the looks like it's dark bring. This is following an arc where Sieglein/Jerald uses Etherion while having an underling Miriana that resembles Leopard from the Blue Guardians. Lets not forget that Zeref looks like Endless, oh and Plue as well. I'm probably forgetting a bunch.

Think it's only a matter of time before we hear about the Silver Ray, Sinclaire, etc.

That's what I am saying lol. Maybe it is some sort of dark bring knockoff meant to scare people. I have not read the final chapters of rave since they havent been scanlated so I am not entirely sure of what happens to all the dark bring in the world...

The manga is supposed to take place in the same world as rave did, so I guess it would actually be weird if events from rave have no effect whatsoever in the mangas plot lol.

rakkynon
April 12, 2009, 04:41 AM
I must say it's the second coolest villain in this manga i've ever seen. (first of course being Jerald)

Destin82
April 12, 2009, 06:22 PM
I must say it's the second coolest villain in this manga i've ever seen. (first of course being Jerald)

Gazille, Urtear?

Onomatopoeia
April 12, 2009, 06:41 PM
Will bet money on a Sieglein/Jerald/Mistgun Arc.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Urtear was actually part of the Oracion Seis. She's a perfect Reina.

Destin82
April 12, 2009, 08:32 PM
Will bet money on a Sieglein/Jerald/Mistgun Arc.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Urtear was actually part of the Oracion Seis. She's a perfect Reina.

Ha quite possibly, except Urtear seems exponentially more sinister than Reina was. Although Urtear might be in this version of the Oration Seis as a front the same way she manipulated Jerald/Sieglein.

KaNx
April 13, 2009, 09:05 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/131/)

Patta
April 13, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wow...so much new guys. First the old friend of Makarov reappears, then the girlie which looks similiar to Urtear and this badass-guy as well as Cobra's campanions.
Can't read any japanese but it looks like there is a guild contest or something like this since there were 3 other guild symbols shown.

Edit: It really seems like Mashima is reawakening the Oracion Seis from Rave.^^

BinCs
April 13, 2009, 11:58 AM
Wow, things are heating up really fast! Fairy Tail teaming up with Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale and Cat-something will try to defeat one of three uber-powerfull guilds that controls the whole underworld...

Farfalla
April 13, 2009, 12:49 PM
It's Urtear! I think XD Because of the little ball...
This chapter looks sooo cool XD

Host Samurai
April 13, 2009, 01:07 PM
Wow...so much new guys. First the old friend of Makarov reappears, then the girlie which looks similiar to Urtear and this badass-guy as well as Cobra's campanions.
Can't read any japanese but it looks like there is a guild contest or something like this since there were 3 other guild symbols shown.

Edit: It really seems like Mashima is reawakening the Oracion Seis from Rave.^^

It's Urtear, look at her back the tatoo is the same (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/102/19/).

I think we are going to see a Guild War with Fairy Tail teaming up with the other's versus the bad guys in this case Oracion Seis. :D

LoS
April 13, 2009, 02:19 PM
Well it is good that we will get introduced to some uber bad ass strong mages both good and evil from both sides.

I just hope that Gildartz gets introduced as well. Either that or Mist Gun and/or Luxus somehow find a way to be featured in all this fighting. Something tells me the good guys would be in need of their services.

imamess
April 13, 2009, 02:20 PM
Her tattoo is the guild's (Grimoire Heart) stamp. It's on the front of the ship she's on or at least you can kinda see about half of it.

It's good to see us moving onto something a little bigger in scale this time. I would like to see more and more of the Fairy Tail universe, and it looks like we'll be getting it this arc (hopefully).

Patta
April 13, 2009, 03:10 PM
It's Urtear, look at her back the tatoo is the same (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/102/19/).

Oh thanks, you're right :D

May it be that the shadowed person in the ship with Urtear is Zeref? Would be very early to introduce him but she communicated with him already.

jinx05
April 13, 2009, 07:14 PM
nice chapter... good to see a lot of awesome villains and heroes joining up for the upcoming guild battle league...

also (kakashi's nin dogs with natsu in cover page?hahaha)

and look closely page 10 panel 5... it looks like ex phantom lord leader JOSE POLA...and looks like villains from the past chapters are going to appear in this league...

Ju-da-su
April 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
Oh thanks, you're right :D

May it be that the shadowed person in the ship with Urtear is Zeref? Would be very early to introduce him but she communicated with him already.

Nope, they're the members of the guild of darkness, one of the Barum Alliance, Glimore Heart . . . that guy is probably just the guild master of that guild, Hades . . . since . . . well . . . looks like their goal is to find the key to release the seal of Zeref, so it can't possibly be Zeref himself . . . :3

PS. Don't trust me with spelling of the new names. Cnet is a lot better at something like this than I do . . . ^_^"

Kravmaga
April 14, 2009, 12:25 AM
Imo, this is the chapter that should have been FT 129.
Introducing a new set of bad guys and an alliance for the good guys is just the way to kick off a new arc and hype the incoming action.
Also having 4 guilds work together means we get to see how FT measures up and some guildmasters action.

I can't wait...

kkck
April 14, 2009, 10:30 AM
I liked the chapter, lots of new characters and a more than decent explanation of how the world works. I really want to know if this oracion seis is related to the one from rave... I don't expect them to be the continuation or anything like that but at least to make a reference to that.

I am also surprised at how strong raven tail is. Even though it is independent from other dark guilds it seems to have quite a but of power. Once the current dark guilds in power are defeated (completely or partially) raven tail most likely make its move to become the leader of the underworld.

hash899
April 14, 2009, 10:49 AM
chapter is scanlated http://mangahelpers.com/s/i-eat-manga/details/21834

I liked it but I want a fight in the next chapter lol

Pirulito
April 14, 2009, 02:07 PM
Urtear + Erza >> Fairy Tail

Good chapter and we'll see Blue Pegasus(the guild of the Stellar Spirit mage Karen Lilica, previous Leo's owner) and Lamia Scale (Leon and his minions are in it).

zelllogan
April 14, 2009, 02:22 PM
Finally, some explanation of how this world works. It was about time. Great chapter. The next arc will probably be longer, by far, than all the previous story arcs.

Leon will be in the chosen ones of his guild. That's a given. The chosen ones from Fairy tail will be gray, natsu, erza and I hope that the waitress and her brother will be there as well. I doubt that we will see mistgun

Patta
April 14, 2009, 02:38 PM
Urtear + Erza >> Fairy Tail

What do you mean exactly?

Good chapter and we'll see Blue Pegasus(the guild of the Stellar Spirit mage Karen Lilica, previous Leo's owner) and Lamia Scale (Leon and his minions are in it).

Where was that? I must have missed it. Please give a link for this.

fizban
April 14, 2009, 04:09 PM
Karen as a member of Blue Pegasus: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/73/03/

Deliora arc guys as former Lamia Scales: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/32/11/

The guildmaster of Blue Pegasus is the transvestite who can phase through stuff. Pretty excited to have that character back in the picture

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/73/07/

I think one of the new Oracion guys is that Rock Jura guy they mentioned in chapter 32. There was a guy who looked... angular?

Dalyup!
April 14, 2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, this suddenly got very exciting. All these alliances and that make an interesting new angle on things, especially with old allies returning (Leon no doubt as it said above, for example). Hopefully Gildartz will show his ugly mug as well since this seems pretty important and Makarov may be forced to call his most powerful members back. Or he might just suddenly appear.

kkck
April 14, 2009, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few old characters make a comback now considering a lot of guilds are going to be developed. Things are getting interesting.... Wonder what guild luxus actually joined, considering raven tail is a dark guild I think he will refrain from that for the moment. Not to mention luxus is strong, I wouldn't mind see him go crazy on the enemy. Probably won't happen though, since he has fairy law, he is pretty much a hax...

Onomatopoeia
April 14, 2009, 06:36 PM
This is looking to be a very awesome arc.

Especially considering the many new characters were going to be introduced too. Plus the obligatory old nemesises/friends. I wonder if we'll some of the Mage Council since they're bound to know about this. Anyways the Oracion Seis had better be just as hardcore as the last time.

LoS
April 14, 2009, 09:29 PM
So can someone give me a rundown on what the Oracion Seis were in his previous manga stories?

Seeing as he heavily draws from his previous work I do not really enjoy being out of the loop on this particular issue, since it seems like a colossal confrontation is imminent.

kkck
April 14, 2009, 10:57 PM
So can someone give me a rundown on what the Oracion Seis were in his previous manga stories?

Seeing as he heavily draws from his previous work I do not really enjoy being out of the loop on this particular issue, since it seems like a colossal confrontation is imminent.

This is the link to the first chapter of rave master, the authors previous work. It is much better to read it than to be told about it(hasn't been completely scanlated yet though)....
http://www.onemanga.com/Rave/1/01/

As for a brief overview of oracion 6 in rave, I will say as least as possible and put it in spoiler tags to avoid angry rants from people who still have not read the manga:

Oracion 6 were the six strongest members of the organization demon card besides the leader(lucia or gale raregroove). Demon card was the main antagonist through most, if not all, of the series. Several members of oracion 6 were important driving forces for several main characters in rave.

segua
April 15, 2009, 01:58 AM
Don't count Mistgun out just yet. He might actually play an important support role.

Gotta say that Erza in that waitress outfit was hot. Seems like she not only got into it but she took it way beyond. She went the extra mile as some would say.

I do wonder how Raven Tail will fit into all of this. Isn't that the dark guild led by Luxus's father?

Farfalla
April 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
Will Cherry come back? XD Her magic was SO COOL, in my opinion! It would be, at least, fun!

LoS
April 15, 2009, 01:17 PM
I do wonder how Raven Tail will fit into all of this. Isn't that the dark guild led by Luxus's father?

Yes they are. And as we can see they are an independent Dark Guild. So the members of Oracion Seis will probably not do anything untoward to Raven Tail, it would probably be the other way around. Raven Tail will probably look for personal gain and increase their power by toppling some of the Oracion Seis. Not saying that they would fight against them openly, they would definitely let things go as planned and have them destroy the Light guilds, and then seek personal gain.

Onomatopoeia
April 15, 2009, 05:13 PM

Sigheart, Gerald's insipiration, was an ally of them originally. And had his final battle against the leader. Oh yeah they also owned Main CHaracter+Friends in their first meetup. I'm really hoping that last part comes true.

Needless to say I expect Gerald to be very important in the upcoming arc.

Chaos Shadow
April 15, 2009, 06:30 PM
great chapter i cant wait to read whats going to happen.. also i think gazille is out working as double agent probably in RavenTail..
the idea of multiple teams of diferents guild is really good i think that erza luct gray lluvia and natsu probably are going to be in those groups ( i know that lluvia is not exactly in the main characts group but she is an S-rank and i just love her go grayXlluvia! hahaha)

by the way i know that the members of Leon´s group/team were from Lamia scale but are they in lamia scale NOW? or the join other guild..

LoS
April 16, 2009, 01:50 AM
Needless to say I expect Gerald to be very important in the upcoming arc.

You mean Mist Gun?

Destin82
April 16, 2009, 02:53 AM
Rave Master was sort of unrealistic in that almost all of the villains would eventually have a change of heart and eventually become good guys. All of Sieg Hart, Reina, Shuda, Let, Julius were originally introduced as villains and all later become strong protagonists. Even the main villain, Lucia Raregroove has a change of heart at the end and dies peacefully after his tilt with Haru.

You can sort of see the same thing happen in Fairy Tail, whenever a bad guy becomes relatively popular, Mashima finds a way to make them a good guy. Gazille comes to mind, I'm not sure if Lluvia was popular to begin with, but she switched sides as well. You can even argue that reintroducing Jerald as Mistgun is sort of doing the same thing, or that Jerald having a change of heart at the end of his arc was sort of making him a good guy. Even Luxus in a way is doing the same thing.

I think the biggest difference between Fairy Tail and Rave Master is a stronger set of protagonists. Natsu, Erza, Lucy, and Gray are much more likable than Haru, Elie, Musica, or Let are.

This current arc looks really interesting. Given the scale, this could potentially amount to the first 50-100 chapter arc in Fairy Tail, since it's strongly influenced by One Piece I wouldn't put it past Mashima.

Farfalla
April 16, 2009, 08:02 AM
You mean Mist Gun?

I don't think Mistgun is Gérard. There must be another explanation... He rly looked concerned with Erza, I don't think he would lie. I bet Makarov knows why he looks like Gérard and if it was because they are the same person, probably the master wouldn't let someone that is, in fact, Gérard, to be in the guild.

kkck
April 16, 2009, 11:17 AM
I don't think Mistgun is Gérard. There must be another explanation... He rly looked concerned with Erza, I don't think he would lie. I bet Makarov knows why he looks like Gérard and if it was because they are the same person, probably the master wouldn't let someone that is, in fact, Gérard, to be in the guild.

I think there are two posibilities regarding this:
Gerard was able to create a copy of himself. Mistgun is simply another copy.
Ziegfried lied to erza and said he was gerards twin brother. In an surprising ironic twist it is posible mistgun actually is gerards twin brother. Personally I would prefer that mistgun is gerard.

Farfalla
April 16, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, since Gérard already deceived the Council, I think Makarov would check it when Erza told him about Mistgun. I really doubt that Makarov wouldn't know about this Council story.

joshua019
April 16, 2009, 03:49 PM
I think there are two posibilities regarding this:
Gerard was able to create a copy of himself. Mistgun is simply another copy.
Ziegfried lied to erza and said he was gerards twin brother. In an surprising ironic twist it is posible mistgun actually is gerards twin brother. Personally I would prefer that mistgun is gerard.

I think that Mistgun is Gerard's copy seem bogus since if Mistgun is a copy then wud he have help him during the tower of paradies!!!! And also being his twin is possible theory but y wouldn't he have interfer he's strong probably stronger than Erza he could have done something when Gerard is being deceive by Urtear!!!
[hr]
There still another S-class in Fairy tail Gildartz I hope he wud make his appearance soon!!! Fairy Tail's Arcs are still short is it still in the introduction mode?? its already in 130, or is it Mashima's style if so he has to do something about it!!!!

segua
April 17, 2009, 02:03 AM
I was just thinking about Gildartz. In order to fight against the top Dark Guild members, S-class members of Fairy Tail should be mobilized including including the Guild Masters themselves.

Mistgun is a strange one. It could be that Gerald had some mental issues and was separated in one. Though, Erza's flashbacks to that Isle of Paradise doesn't show Gerald having a twin brother so Mistgun might, to my thinking, could be the real Gerald who was taken over. Then again, well find out soon.

Ustegius
April 17, 2009, 03:27 AM
This chapter was very interesting. An epic fight seems to be starting. Noly thing that bothered in me this chapter was Racers silhouette, he looked damn too much like Franky! (OP) :D

kkck
April 19, 2009, 08:41 PM
So what do you guys think is the overall purpose of the dark guild alliance? Considering they are bad guys in a shounen manga, each one should have its own objective and would probably try to seize absolute power over the other at the first chance. The "ruling the underworld theme" was even seen in rave master, so it would be interesting to see what has been going on.

Grimoire heart showed urtear was a member. I wonder if the purpose of the guild is to revive zereff or the guild is simply being manipulated as gerald was.

Oracion seis. A direct reference to rave. perhaps the remnants of demon cards old army or simply they recycled the name to sound scarier.

tartaros is just recently introduced if I got my facts right. No idea what they could be up to. has there been any reference to them before?

Raven tail. This one is interesting> Even though it is completely disconected from the other dark guilds, it seems to be more than fairly powerful. Probably as strong or stronger as any independent member of the ballam aliance. Wonder what they are up to.... Luxus dad wanted money, and money was important if you want to gain power. If that is the case, then raven tail is just another reference to rave lol.

hasu13
April 20, 2009, 10:30 AM
Oracion seis. A direct reference to rave. perhaps the remnants of demon cards old army or simply they recycled the name to sound scarier.

I kind of get the idea that Fairy Tail takes place before Rave Master does. If it is the same universe, the technology doesn't seem as advanced as in Rave Master and magic like Etherion isn't performed by only one person. Could be this Oracion Seis is the inspiration for the Oracion Six we see in Rave.

Chaos Shadow
April 20, 2009, 10:56 AM
im pretty sure that the rave master and fairy tail history are in separates universes... what the mangaka is doing is taking some ideas and characters concepts and put them in FT.. i dont think that plue was a stellar spirit on Rm, another example is Sieglen(Gerard) and SiegHart they are similars but not the same

kkck
April 20, 2009, 12:47 PM
I kind of get the idea that Fairy Tail takes place before Rave Master does. If it is the same universe, the technology doesn't seem as advanced as in Rave Master and magic like Etherion isn't performed by only one person. Could be this Oracion Seis is the inspiration for the Oracion Six we see in Rave.

I doubt that is the case though. Several rave characters have been seen plenty of times in the manga. As definite prove that it happens after the events of rave, take a look at julia. If this was before the events of rave master let and julia wouldn't be shown with haru and elie in their human forms.
I don't think this world is less technologically advance than the one shown in rave, this one is simply more magical so technology isn't shown so much. Also if you look at the ship urtear was in, it seems very similar to the giant ships shown in rave.
As for the etereon, it wasn't fired by a person but by a machine controlled by people. If ellie was the only one capable of using ethereon and the mages have a machine capable of firing ethereon, I am guessing ellie gave some power to the mages. I don't know why she would do such a thing though, seems like something she wouldn't even think about given what was shown in rave.

KaNx
April 20, 2009, 09:25 PM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/132/)

kkck
April 20, 2009, 09:42 PM
Mmmmnnnn The dude with the dragon skin reeks of dragon slayer.... Wonder why LOOOLLL

As a few people thought, it seems old characters are being introduced, which isn't bad. Wonder how much stronger greys college has gotten after all this time, he'd better live up to greys growth.

And why was lucy sent? She is strong and everything but they should have sent also gazille or lluvia. She probably just tagged along as usuall using her main character priviledges.

BTW a brief summary of the chapter would be most appreciated, I know the french scanlation should be out by tomorrow but I can't read french at all....

imamess
April 20, 2009, 09:44 PM
I was expecting to see Leon and Sheri as the Lamia Scale representatives, but I didn't expect to see Wendy so soon. (She's the little girl at the end of the chapter, I'm only good at noticing words and names) I hope we at least get a little insight into what Natsu knows about her. A hint or two is all I ask for.

Everyone from Blue Pegasus is so sparkly...

kkck
April 20, 2009, 09:48 PM
I was expecting to see Leon and Sheri as the Lamia Scale representatives, but I didn't expect to see Wendy so soon. (She's the little girl at the end of the chapter, I'm only good at noticing words and names) I hope we at least get a little insight into what Natsu knows about her. A hint or two is all I ask for.

Everyone from Blue Pegasus is so sparkly...

You weren't expecting wendy so soon? Has she appeared before? I really don't remember her all at.

Castriota
April 20, 2009, 09:50 PM
i bet lluvia is peeking from behind a wall or something, spying on gray. was wendy shown before or something? i can't remember.

deffkryz
April 20, 2009, 10:14 PM
And why was lucy sent? She is strong and everything but they should have sent also gazille or lluvia. She probably just tagged along as usuall using her main character priviledges.

Well, though she isn't by now, Lucy is IMO a possible candidate to become a high ranked mage. I don't really think she'S about to become an S-rank mage of course and I don't know whether or not Mashima-san is thinking about a "mid-rank" between novice and S-ranks, but summoning all her stellar spirits at once is something even Karen Lilica wasn't able to do. And Lilica was considered to be one of the greatest stellar spirit mages, wasn't she?

I wouldn't count her neither as the usual "baggage" nor damsel in distress when a fight starts - not anymore since Natsu, Happy and Lucy went to look for Macao. If really something's about to happen to her Leo's showing up anyway.

Maybe Lluvia and Gazille are staying behind as "backup" to secure Fairy Tail - but I wouldn't mind either if they were showing up within the next chapters. ;)

About Wendy...
I don't recall her either but she seems to the Light(unsure) Dragon Slayer (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1238586&postcount=8).

Searinghawk
April 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
You weren't expecting wendy so soon? Has she appeared before? I really don't remember her all at.

Wendy has never been shown before; she's only been mentioned in the conversation between igneel and grandine.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/09/

LoS
April 20, 2009, 11:34 PM
So we get no Gazille, Lluvia, Mist Gun, or Gildartz. Guess it was too much to ask for the last two to be involved, seeing how reclusive they are.

And Gazille has his own task set to him involving espionage and what not.

Lluvia will probably show up later, if not she is probably holding down the fort back at the guild like someone else has thought.

Wendy is probably by far the strongest person there, more so than Erza. The shock on her colleague was plain to see, it might be shock to see here there because didn't think she would be allowed, or shock because she is incredibly strong.

My favorite part was the cover page, Gray with a sword was pretty bad ass. The chapter really did not do much for me.

Verbal
April 20, 2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks to those who pointed out Wendy's name from the past chapters, didn't notice it at all.

It's clearly mentioned that Gaz&Juvia are on a different mission, so I doubt they'll be popping up anytime soon.

The shock on everyone's face was due to:
- Cait Shelter only sending in one member.
- Her being a kid.
- Her being a girl.

(Sorry if I spelt names in an unfamiliar way, don't know their "proper" spelling.)

kkck
April 21, 2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks to those who pointed out Wendy's name from the past chapters, didn't notice it at all.

It's clearly mentioned that Gaz&Juvia are on a different mission, so I doubt they'll be popping up anytime soon.

The shock on everyone's face was due to:
- Cait Shelter only sending in one member.
- Her being a kid.
- Her being a girl.

(Sorry if I spelt names in an unfamiliar way, don't know their "proper" spelling.)
WHat mission was that? Wasn't that a mission gazille and her had in their old guild?
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/131/13/

Verbal
April 21, 2009, 12:21 AM
I'm only referring to this chapter.
On page 4, Happy says both of them got different jobs/missions.
(二人とも別の仕事入っちゃたからね)

Doesn't say anything about the content of the mission, simply says they are unable because they got a different mission.

Destin82
April 21, 2009, 05:49 AM
So it's obviously Leon from the Deliora arc, but is that the same Sherry? Aside from that, don't care for the Blue Pegasus mages, but the new Lamia Scale mage, and Wendy seem interesting.

Patta
April 21, 2009, 08:21 AM
Am I the only one who is shocked by Jura being one of the ten great holy mages? I mean, Makarov is one of them!

Pirulito
April 21, 2009, 08:23 AM
Blue Pegasus mages are awesome. They remember Ouran Host Club.

Wendy is probably by far the strongest person there, more so than Erza.

I don't think so. Jura is one of the ten great holy mages though the fact of her is the only representative of Cait Shelter is a good evidence of her powers.

Edit:

By the way, I'm in love with Wendy character at the moment. I never expected her to be a child. And in her arms has "wings".

Chaos Shadow
April 21, 2009, 09:43 AM
sadly neither lluvia or gazille are in the FT designed team....
but it was a nice twist the reappearence of leon and sherrie ( yuuka the surge and that cat guy didnt make it...) also wow.. the iron rock jura that the catguys said in the deliora arc is one of the ten holy great mages! so cool.. the blue pegasus´s guys well.. im sure they are powerfull and that they will have an important place in the story but i just dont like them.. haha
so wendy is a little child..

zelllogan
April 21, 2009, 12:06 PM
blue pegasus guys are complete morons ... I loved Titania's reactions. Wendy, hopefully we will learn a little more about dragon slayers and natsu's past

fizban
April 21, 2009, 02:54 PM
The Trimens amused me. It is a shame Ichiya had to show up and ruin everything. His shirt has a marijuana print design, which makes me wonder if that is why he is a complete dumbass.

The Lamia Scale mages are so great. I dig that they wear clothing with the scale pattern to it, unlike our fairy tail people who just wear whatever. And Lucy who usually doesn't by the end of a fight.

Wendy. Is. Precious. My mind went all internet on seeing her and I went, "SHE GUN GET RAPED". I worry that there are already people drawing erotic pictures of her and Natsu together. Or Gazille.

At least we already know the powers of some of them. I assume Ichiya's stem from the tubes he carries around. Too bad his looks will keep him from ever being sufficiently badass

bittman
April 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
Oh shi- Wendy!?

And fizban, I'm thinking she's gonna be doing the raping. And in general, Fairy Tail lacks erotic pictures....not that I'd know *cough*

ANYWAY: Blue Pegasus are lulzworthy, though I wanted to see the boss (that transvestite). I also think, given we know the ex-Stellar Spirit mage that held Leo and Aries was part of Blue Pegasus, Lucy may be getting the Aries key, or a hint to it, within this arc.

I don't think the new guy smells of Dragon Slayer, only because we were introduced to a "semi-"Dragon Slayer last arc. I like that Gray and Leon are back, I've been waiting for them to team up ever since that arc.

Now comes the hard part: Is Wendy a protagonist, or antagonist? Sure, she knows about Igneel, and she was cheeky with him, but if you look at the conversation she merely seems observational and not really evil. I would love it if she becomes a recurring character of hints outside of this arc, much like how Gerard and Urtear were before.

LoS
April 22, 2009, 01:19 AM
she was cheeky with him, but if you look at the conversation she merely seems observational and not really evil. I would love it if she becomes a recurring character of hints outside of this arc, much like how Gerard and Urtear were before.

That was not Wendy, the light orb said to him wait till Natsu meets Wendy.

Farfalla
April 22, 2009, 09:08 AM
Well, though she isn't by now, Lucy is IMO a possible candidate to become a high ranked mage. I don't really think she'S about to become an S-rank mage of course and I don't know whether or not Mashima-san is thinking about a "mid-rank" between novice and S-ranks, but summoning all her stellar spirits at once is something even Karen Lilica wasn't able to do. And Lilica was considered to be one of the greatest stellar spirit mages, wasn't she?

I wouldn't count her neither as the usual "baggage" nor damsel in distress when a fight starts - not anymore since Natsu, Happy and Lucy went to look for Macao. If really something's about to happen to her Leo's showing up anyway.

Maybe Lluvia and Gazille are staying behind as "backup" to secure Fairy Tail - but I wouldn't mind either if they were showing up within the next chapters. ;)

About Wendy...
I don't recall her either but she seems to the Light Dragon Slayer (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1238586&postcount=8).

Why light? Because of Grandine's shape?

Hiro Hayase
April 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
Why light? Because of Grandine's shape?

well she might be a wind dragon slayer....that possibility also exists :ramen

Patta
April 22, 2009, 03:13 PM
One fact which convinces me the most Wendy is a Dragon-Slayer is not the conversation between the light-ball and Igneel but rather that she got her guild-tatoo on her shoulder! Gazille's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/01/) & Natsu's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/125/05/) are on their shoulders as well and Luxus' being a "fake" Dragon-Slayer and not having it on his shoulder but closer to his chest suggests that it could be some kind of rule or hint of H.Mashima. Here the picture with Wendy's guild-tatoo: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/20/ It's not that easy to notice...

Hiro Hayase
April 22, 2009, 03:14 PM
One fact which convinces me the most Wendy is a Dragon-Slayer is not the conversation between the light-ball and Igneel but rather that she got her guild-tatoo on her shoulder! Gazille's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/01/) & Natsu's (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/125/05/) are on their shoulders as well and Luxus' being a "fake" Dragon-Slayer and not having it on his shoulder but closer to his chest suggests that it could be some kind of rule or hint of H.Mashima. Here the picture with Wendy's guild-tatoo: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/20/ It's not that easy to notice...

are you talking about her little wings? :blink

Patta
April 22, 2009, 03:19 PM
are you talking about her little wings? :blink

No, but about her guild-tatoo! Here the Cait Shelter's sign (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/03/). If you look closely at her left shoulder (from our sight) you will recognize the shape of it.

Castriota
April 22, 2009, 03:36 PM

good eye. that might be significant you never know. or could be a coincidence. maybe its just because they're all sleeveless. nice catch though.

Dalyup!
April 22, 2009, 04:30 PM
Wow, you guys have an amazing ability to remember names and that. I thought Wendy was a completely new character.

She's quite evidently a dragonslayer though, going from the conversation between Igneel and Grandine (the other dragon). Be good to see how powerful she actually is; perhaps stronger than Natsu. Also, going from Natsu's reaction on the last panel it looks like he recognises her.

Hiro Hayase
April 22, 2009, 04:39 PM
No, but about her guild-tatoo! Here the Cait Shelter's sign (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/03/). If you look closely at her left shoulder (from our sight) you will recognize the shape of it.

ooh nice catch...i almost overlooked that fact and yeah i absolutely no doubt in my mind that she's also a dragon slayer....most likely a wind type

kkck
April 22, 2009, 07:12 PM
How many real dragon slayers are there suppose to be though? Considering this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/66/13/
I am under the impression that in total also seven dragons disappear. If my assumption is correct, I would think there are seven real dragon slayers. Wonder what their elements would be though.
In oriental cultures, I have never heard of there being 7 elements, only 4 or 5 so far, so I guess the euthor isn't really basing the dragon slayers elements on that. I would venture to say that other than a thunder, fire and metal dragon slayer, there are also dragon slayers of more traditional elements such as water, wind(could have a constant supply of air so it wouldn't get weak as he fights, natsu showed a decent weakness for such a character though), earth, light(posibly but way to overpowered....). There could also be a wood dragon slayer (vegetarian lol)

Farfalla
April 22, 2009, 07:22 PM
I bet is wind, also, because of her wings.
And... OMG, Patta, you have an amazing memory XD

segua
April 23, 2009, 12:29 AM
Now that the Alliance members are gathered, time for battle. I do wonder how special is that Wendy girl. Looks can be deadly deceiving.

Amazing how much the Trimen brothers remind me of Ouran High School Host Club members. When Ichiya came out and I read the note beneath his panel, Ichiya is referred to as One Night. I immediately thought of it could be due to Ichiya being infamous for initiating one night stands. That cracked me up.

Dalyup!
April 23, 2009, 10:55 AM
Don't know if this has been discussed:

Anyone wonder why the dragons trained humans in the first place, especially ways in how to actually kill them? Could perhaps have something to do with Zeref; maybe he is the ability to put dragons under his control or something.

segua
April 23, 2009, 05:01 PM
The dragons did disappear and they seem to be in waiting for something big to happen. It could be that the dragons are also waiting for their students to grow stronger. After that, the dragons might merge with their respective students?

street_san
April 23, 2009, 07:29 PM
The dragons did disappear and they seem to be in waiting for something big to happen. It could be that the dragons are also waiting for their students to grow stronger. After that, the dragons might merge with their respective students?

It might be a good theorie. But what I think is more plausible is that they merge all their power within the humans.

And I think that the big upset in FT might be Zeref return. Everyone seem to be scared of him and by the way he was introduce, he seems to be a hell of a monster, so he might be one of the most strong villains.

Ex-Shadow
April 24, 2009, 12:03 AM
The next ch's title is 12 vs 6, so if the fight is 2 on 1, maybe if Natsu partner up with Wendy it'll be epic, don't you think?

senewe
April 24, 2009, 02:39 AM
yeah..
this manga become more and more interesting and mysterious
i like it, mashima....

first zeref...
than, gerard and urtear..
then, igniel and grandine (and the dragon feast stuff)
then, raven tail..
then, balam alliance,,,
then nirvana...
and now wendy..
one more mysterious thing that haven't revealed yet is about glidatrz..

and all are related each other...

it more become like one piece...
(guess because mashima used to work with oda sensei)...

and also like samurai deeper kyo (i miss this manga)...

anyway, love it...
4 thumbs up...
[hr]

The next ch's title is 12 vs 6, so if the fight is 2 on 1, maybe if Natsu partner up with Wendy it'll be epic, don't you think?

yeah..
i also tried to make 'head to head' scheme...
natzu and wendy
leon and gray..
erza and ichiya lol..
hmm
what about lucy and cherie??
or lucy and jura
[hr]

Am I the only one who is shocked by Jura being one of the ten great holy mages? I mean, Makarov is one of them!

he can be one of them..
but it doesn't mean they are all in same level..
otherwise I wont accept gerrard being ten holy mages

pirateninjahunter
April 24, 2009, 01:05 PM
Isn't it obvious that Natsu and Wendy met before?
"Perhaps a more friendly relationship could be established this time."
(http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/09/)That means that they met before, and that they probably fought.
And the last panel here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/20/)also shows that Natsu knows her.

Natsu is probably going to beat the strongest from Oracion Six. That is what I dont like about Fairy Tail AND Rave Master(even though I have not yet finished Rave Master). It seems to me that the protagonists never lose.

Farfalla
April 24, 2009, 04:21 PM
"Perhaps a more friendly relationship could be established this time."
But... when Natsu met Gazille, they hated each other. Maybe this sentence means that he might like this one (Wendy). At least, that was what I thought at that time. Maybe Natsu just heard about Wendy, after all...

I'd like to know what Lucy's mom has to do with the dragons .-.

Ex-Shadow
April 25, 2009, 06:57 PM
Well, in the previous post. Some of you think Wendy is a Light Dragon Slayer (me too) and the others thought she might be Wind Dragon Slayer. Don't you think whether her type is light or wind, it will cause major problems? You still remember about Natsu "eat" fire and Gazille "eat" iron, right!?

kkck
April 26, 2009, 03:02 AM
Well, in the previous post. Some of you think Wendy is a Light Dragon Slayer (me too) and the others thought she might be Wind Dragon Slayer. Don't you think whether her type is light or wind, it will cause major problems? You still remember about Natsu "eat" fire and Gazille "eat" iron, right!?

The main problem about her being a wind or light dragon slayer is the has behind it... We know dragon slayers recover strength when they eat their own element, so does that mean windy would be able to recover strength by breathing or standing under a light bulb(not to mention the sun)? If there indeed is such a kind of DS, she is esentially invincible lol.

Pi3
April 26, 2009, 02:26 PM
I wonder about one more thing - Wendy looks young. Really young.
Kind of too young to be dragon slayer tough by dragon.

When dragons disappeared she was about 4 - 5 years old, I guess.

So, sth doesn't seem right.

(well, Natsu and Gazille were considered as <80 yers old in fairys battle, but still...)

LoS
April 27, 2009, 11:25 AM
When she powers up/gathers power to her maximum she probably ages.

morefire
April 27, 2009, 08:20 PM
That's assuming that the Dragon Slayers are young. Remember in the last arc neither Natus or Gizzelle could leave Fairy Tail when the condition was all those over 80 yrs old can't leave.

Farfalla
April 28, 2009, 07:22 AM
About Natsu, I think it was because of the tie made out of dragon scales that he brings in his neck. I know it's not a tie, but I've forgotten the word ç.ç

LoS
April 28, 2009, 12:59 PM
scarf

kkck
April 28, 2009, 03:03 PM
Is there going to be a chapter this weak? normaly the raw is out by now...

SOLDIER [X]
April 28, 2009, 04:38 PM

It's golden week this week. Guessing there might not be an issue this week.

deffkryz
April 29, 2009, 05:34 AM

No. Last WSM issue was a double issue because of this week's Golden Week (as SOLDER [X] said).

It's always worth checking their homepage (http://www.shonenmagazine.com/php/magazine.php?sbt=1) first.

edit: Okay, because of this spoiler (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1332847&postcount=51), I'm taking back the "no"...

*confused-as-ever-on-GW*

SOLDIER [X]
April 30, 2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah your guess was as good as mine.

hongoasdf
April 30, 2009, 01:33 AM
About Fried's barrier and why Natsu/Gazille were not able to cross it, I've read some interesting theories, and reached a conclusion:

It is during the first chapters, if I recall correctly, that Happy explains Lucy how Dragonslayer magic works. The users constitution changes in order to resemble that of a dragon. For example, the user obtains Dragon-like lungs and thus is able to breathe fire. So, being Dragonslayers bodies part dragon, and assuming Dragons are infinitely older than humans, it is only natural they could not pass the age barrier. In short, it's an alternate theory to the "Dragonslayers are older than they look" thing, since they are not necesarily 80+ years old themselves, but part of their body is.

Pure conjecture, anyways.

Now, concerning Wendy:

Oh, I've been waiting for the moment this character appears ever since chapter 100 or so, when she was first mentioned, and she's a freakin' child!

Not that it's actually bad, mind you... in fact, it opens possibilities for a whole new level of kick-ass. I mean, her guild did send her alone, so that must mean she is incredibly strong (Yes, she is a Dragonslayers most likely). So we have a little child + dragon slaying powers... well, in my book, that's a win. And in my opinion, she'll be the Light Dragonslayer... but we'll see about that, since we have no way of knowing at the moment.

Natsu doesn't necesarily know her... I have the same opinion as some posts above; The conversation between Igneel and that ball of light (Name please) didn't state specifically that those two had met before. To me, it sounded like the ball of light was referring to the time Natsu met Gazille. But of course, I could be wrong.

Although I expect a LOT from Wendy, I expect more from Jura. I mean, he IS one of the Ten Holy Grat Mages, so that would place him at about Makarov's or José's level.

Ichiya also seems to be a character with some promise... but he's so damn ridiculous that he just can't be that much. The rest of the guys from Blue Pegasus: Temporary Characters, nuff' said.

Finally, next chapter: We have six juicy 2 vs 1 combats in the oven, so during the next chapter we'll have the pairings, and maybe the opponents. I'm gonna go with:

Natsu/Wendy - Absolute Ownage. Whoever fighst against them is bound to lose.

Gray/Leon - These two are also bound to win their combat, though not as easily as the Dragonslayer duo

Erza/Jura - Now, as strong as these two may be, I predict a loss against the strongest member of Oracion Seis and/or the wielder of the Nirvana Magic. This will be just to show us how strong this magic is. Also, IMO Erza could use the loss. She's won every single uninterrupted fight she's fought, so it's about time she stops being so god-like.

Lucy/Cherie - Hmmm I suppose they WILL have a hard time in their fight, and the outcome will depend on how much Cherie has improved. If she's able to help Lucy, then they have a chance, since Lucy, strong as she may be, is not enought to defeat a member of Oracion Seis on her own.

Ichiya/(Insert name here) - This will be a win, but only because of Ichiya. The other guy will be defeated.

(Insert name here)/(Insert name here) - The other two guys will lose. Maybe they'll put up a fight, if Mashima feels like it, but they will lose nontheless.

Now if Mashima wants to go for the lolz, he'll pair some of the Blue Pegasus guys with Lucy/Cherie/Erza, in which case they may have a bit more of protagonism during their respective fights.

All of thise is, of course, supposing Mashima does go for the 2 vs 1 combats.

Oh, we may also expect some backup by Gazille and Jubia (Or however her name is written), unless their mission has something to do with Raven Tail.

That would be all I have to say, sorry to whoever finds my post long and boring, but that's how I post when it comes to Fairy Tail: I simply love this manga.

Farfalla
April 30, 2009, 06:32 AM
- The light ball's name is Grandine XD
- Someone is already kicking Jura's ass in that spoiler ._. I got disappointed ;.;
- If Gazille and Jubia are not in a very important mission, that "job excuse" of them will sound very lame...
- That girl on the bottom of that spoiler page looks A LOT like Oosaki Nana, from Nana (Yazawa Ai). You guys could check in the 1st OP, Rose XD

Dalyup!
April 30, 2009, 03:51 PM
Where's everyone getting the suggestion that Wendy's a Light dragonslayer? Is it because Grandine talked to Igneel through a ball of light?

Farfalla
April 30, 2009, 06:15 PM
I think it's wind oo I just said the name of the light ball XD

KaNx
May 01, 2009, 01:14 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/133/)

Judas
May 01, 2009, 01:15 AM
I didn't think it would come out one this week

hongoasdf
May 01, 2009, 02:03 AM
Seems interesting enough. Though without a translation/scanlation I can't really say further than that, so I'll wait.

LoS
May 01, 2009, 04:13 AM
Pretty bad ass chapter. Just one of the Oracion Seis members took out arguably two of the top three fighters of the alliance, all be it by trickery. And if that was not enough, that Oracion Seis member sent the remaining ten alliance fighters into a trap.

The funny thing is that aside from losing two of their strongest members the Alliance fighters still face the same odds, they still have a 2:1 advantage.

unok-kun
May 01, 2009, 04:30 AM
I thought it didn't come because of the Golden Week... Maybe this issue is just delayed, or it's the chapter for next wednesday?

goldb
May 01, 2009, 05:10 AM
i think it's only WSJ that doesn't come out during Golden Week, Fairy Tail is from another manga distribution company...

Great Chapter btw, the Oracion Seis look bad-ass, I can't believe they took out Jura already...waiting to read the translation; since i can't really comment without it

Dalyup!
May 01, 2009, 06:45 AM
Pretty cool chapter; never thought that would happen to Jura and Ichyia already, but that's trickery for you. Looks like there's another magical talking cat which begs the question wtf they are actually are... Supposing she hatched from an egg as well.

LoS
May 01, 2009, 08:34 AM
Pretty funny that the proverbial shit head Ichyia literally has shit on his head, hahaha.

And what if there are only 7 hatched Cats as well?

Ju-da-su
May 01, 2009, 09:49 AM
No . . . it actually shouldn't be here . . . looks like the raw is just extremely fast this week or something . . . >_>"

Last week is double issue, so yes, there shouldn't supposed to be one this week. :S

Patta
May 01, 2009, 11:35 AM
Regarding to the picture of the spoiler thread I am quite suprised Mashima let the WHOLE Oracion Seis appear. I've read Rave Master and it was always his style to shadow new characters first before letting them make their appearance. But on the other hand it's a good feature for him as writer/author to surprise his readers!

Kravmaga
May 01, 2009, 02:04 PM
Excellent!
It seems the author has decided not to linger too long on explanatory chapters and is jumping right back into action.
I hope we're going to see some real teaming up and some more hilarity from fairy tail members.

I'm surprised that OS girl was able to take down the holy mage with a single punch... You'd think these guys would be at least on the same level as natsu or erza stamina wise...

Ustegius
May 01, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hoo, that certainly was surprising. Oracion Seis was already a step ahead of them. I thought Cobra was the boss, he acted like one, but apparently he isn't. Guess he'll be Natsus opponent then. Natsu charching off was hilarious :D

Wendy picks my curiousity. She's gotta be heck of a mage, as such a sinister mist is around her. I also wonder how Natsu knows her. Coulf she be a dragonslayer, mentioned to Natsu by Salamander? No, can't be. Doesn't really fit into the timeline.

I'm also curious about the cats, what are they? Is this one also blue, or another color? Has this one some sort of magic (as Happy has Wings)?

Farfalla
May 01, 2009, 03:42 PM
If Lucy and Wendy cant fight... It's 8 vs 6 XD This doesn't look good...

CaptFamous
May 01, 2009, 04:10 PM
I realize that it was done to further the dramatic effect, but if this group of mages who don't know each other are just getting together to go hatch a plan to fight a bunch of extremely dangerous opponents, why haven't they all done a basic debriefing on their own powers? How can they have an effective plan with 12 members, at least 1 of whom nobody knows anything about?

I understand it was because that would inevitably lead to "Hey, you're a Dragon Slayer, too? That must be where I know you from! Blah blah blah" and that would allay some of the drama, but setting it up with something completely illogical is so annoying to me.

Onomatopoeia
May 01, 2009, 04:55 PM
Tight chapter I got to say likely the strongest member and either the second strongest or third strongest member got taken out(well assuming that Wendy doesn't turn out to be a beast, which she will, but thats later).

If Angel makes it back in time to help her team the odds are heavily stacked against the Alliance(not that they weren't before). Though I somewhat doubt this is the last we'll see of Jura and Ichyia since they were basicly built up so much.

Her ability is pretty darn haxxed up. If she copies a person then there is no real way to find out and that basicly lets her cut down all her opponents. Of course I have a feeling if you know that person well enough then you can find out...though I have no idea how that would work and even if thats true they're still multiple guilds, I guess basiclly they can't get split up.

bittman
May 01, 2009, 06:33 PM
Well she'll probably copy a Fairy Tail member, and then one of the others will attack and be like "BECAUSE WE'RE CONNECTED BY OUR HEARTS!" or something like that.

All in all, awesome. Someone said "taken out by a single punch", but there's definitely a blade there and the ability to take away someone else's ability is frightening. I feel Erza or Natsu will be a good match for her, maybe with some Wendy support.

And yeah, another cat was an awesome plot addition.

I'm also gonna put a bet out on Wendy's magic as Dragon Defender, or something like that. If Natsu is a Dragon Slayer, coined for it's offensive ability, then a defensive/support version possibly exists.

My second guess is that she's either related to the dragon god/mother/grandfather/whatever. My third guess, which I really hope and doubt now, is that she's another Igneel project.

kkck
May 01, 2009, 09:11 PM
If Lucy and Wendy cant fight... It's 8 vs 6 XD This doesn't look good...

Wendy said she is capable of using supporting magic, so I guess that while she can't fight herself, she should work wonders as backup. Same goes for lucy, she isn't that strong herself but has a considerable number of summons who can serve as support for her. Just being able to summon loki is enough to make her a serious threat. Not to mention her other summons work in close, mid and long range. Just think of this: If lucy and two others are fighting 2 oracion 6 members, lucy could actually support her two comrades by summoning loki and aquarious(although that might be too much for her, guess we will see).

street_san
May 01, 2009, 09:59 PM
hmmm, that was a great chapters. One of the thing I liked is that Oracion Seis members ARE "scared" or "frightnen" of Makarov powers. Meaning that they are not overpowered. I liked that :P

But anyway, I don't think that this is the end of Jura. If he was promote to the rank of a "holy great mage", if its is not for is strenght, it has to be for something else. Even if his the weakest member of those "chosen one", something about him must be exceptionnally incredible, for the councing giving him the title.

My prediction for next chapter is a opponent for each team of 2. For me, Natsu will team up with Wendy, to fight Cobra. Erza and.....someone else will surely be fighting the leader. Anyway, at the end of chapter 134, every member will be fighting someone.

All in all, great chapter, nice upset at the end, keeping the suspense till next chapter.

Aikidoka
May 01, 2009, 11:40 PM
BEST PLOT TWIST EVER.

That was out of left field, really...the chapter left me with anticipation for the next chapter, just like all good chapters do.

Only thing I'm unhappy about is this development makes Ichiya look weak. I like the manga stereotype that people who look weak are in reality strong, but it looks like Mashima subverted this...Ichiya looks weak, and he actually is weak.

Not saying he is, I hope we get to see Ichiya (and Jura!) redeem themselves later on the arc, but it sort of...detracts from Ichiya and Jura's hype.

9/10 (9 because Ichiya and Jura got Worfed).

Even if his the weakest member of those "chosen one", something about him must be exceptionnally incredible, for the councing giving him the title.
I thought he was just being humble.

LoS
May 02, 2009, 12:34 AM
Not saying he is, I hope we get to see Ichiya (and Jura!) redeem themselves later on the arc, but it sort of...detracts from Ichiya and Jura's hype.

You kind of just proved how pussy this manga is with that train of thought. What bad guy would not kill those two alliance members after he/she defeated them?

Instead Angel will allow the to live while she catches up to the rest of the alliance fighters, and the two defeated alliance members will recover only to then rejoin the fighting.

Chaos Shadow
May 02, 2009, 01:02 AM
well jura is an Holy great mage even with that perfume and the wound im pretty he can still fight..

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/360/acatinlove.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acatinlove.jpg) hahah i wasnt expecting another talking cat in the series or at least not in this arc! haha c´mon happy, u can do it !

mmm.. so without including the cats we have 10 members of the guild´s/light alliance (two of the strongest are temporary KOed ) against 6 Oracion seis member.. pretty interesting

cant wait for next the chapter:amuse

Onomatopoeia
May 02, 2009, 01:02 AM
You kind of just proved how pussy this manga is with that train of thought. What bad guy would not kill those two alliance members after he/she defeated them?

Instead Angel will allow the to live while she catches up to the rest of the alliance fighters, and the two defeated alliance members will recover only to then rejoin the fighting.

And JUST in the last second when all the good guys are down and it looks like Oracion Seis's plan will work. Like the Big Damn Heroes they are. Not that I mind.

Called it.

Oh yeah the new cat was a cool addition I din't think we'd ever see another one. I liked Happy's reaction to it.

zelllogan
May 02, 2009, 03:27 AM
Hoo, that certainly was surprising. Oracion Seis was already a step ahead of them. I thought Cobra was the boss, he acted like one, but apparently he isn't. Guess he'll be Natsus opponent then. Natsu charching off was hilarious :D

Wendy picks my curiousity. She's gotta be heck of a mage, as such a sinister mist is around her. I also wonder how Natsu knows her. Coulf she be a dragonslayer, mentioned to Natsu by Salamander? No, can't be. Doesn't really fit into the timeline.

I'm also curious about the cats, what are they? Is this one also blue, or another color? Has this one some sort of magic (as Happy has Wings)?
1) Cobra couldn't be the BOSS. Seriously, since when the first seen member of a Bad organization is the BOSS

2) Wendy is a dragon slayer, Her name was mentionned during the conversation between Igneel and the other dragon.

Patta
May 02, 2009, 04:57 AM
Mashima really got us! Great plot twist but I don't believe that Jura is down for the count. Looks more like he was needed to show how badass the Oracion Seis are.

Host Samurai
May 02, 2009, 01:42 PM
Mashima really got us! Great plot twist but I don't believe that Jura is down for the count. Looks more like he was needed to show how badass the Oracion Seis are.

I really hope that he will recover fast enough to redeem himself. Now with Jura uncapable to fight anymore it leaves Natsu to fight the strongest guy again. :notrust

Farfalla
May 02, 2009, 05:00 PM
Ichiya is SO NOT weak XD That perfume Angel used was his!
I'm mean, he was surprised by Angel, the same happened with Jura, that's why she took both down. But his magic is rly strong... He's like Aria (I think that's the name of the guy from Element Four that sucked Makarov's magic), but stronger. He can let someone incapable of fighting and that is just one of his skills (or perfumes). At least, that's my opinion XD

Chaos Shadow
May 02, 2009, 05:58 PM
has anyone noticed that those two litlle things had appeared in several covers?

Chp 98
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/98/01/

Chp 122
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/122/01/

:o

fizban
May 02, 2009, 06:23 PM
Ichiya's magic perfume is pretty cool. I kind of like that we were only given a quick peek at what he is capable of doing, letting us be impressed with him without pulling too much attention away from the people we are supposed to be interested in

I look forward to seeing the Ice Make Animals again. Grey is great and all, but after his cannon way back when he hasn't really had a "badass" moment for me

kkck
May 02, 2009, 07:09 PM
People are being a little too extreme about the whole yura redeeming himself. Each member of oracion 6 is supposed to be strong enough to take a guild by himself. If I remember correctly, during the war against phantom lord, makarov was basically half of fairy tail's power. I don't know if the statement about the power of the oracion 6 included the master of a guild or not but if it doesn't(which I think is the situation) any oracion 6 should be strong enough to give makarov a run for his money. Thats a lot of power if you ask me...

shadow0fsaints
May 03, 2009, 07:38 AM
has anyone noticed that those two litlle things had appeared in several covers?

Chp 98
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/98/01/

Chp 122
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/122/01/

:o

wow... never noticed that. some sharp eyes you got there man. wonder what this means...

and bout ichiya and jura, me thinks wendy's uber pro support magic will heal them or something. they'll be wondering where the last two teamates are then double back, wendy will work her magic, then that will gain the respect and trust of the rest

kkck
May 04, 2009, 12:53 AM
It'd be cool if we found out that this Oracion Seis had some sort of connection to the Oracion 6 in Rave, like decendatns from 1000 years in the future or something. But I think Mashima said Rave and Fairy Tail are completely separate, despite the Seig Hart, Plue, Aetherion, Dragon appearances, and panel cameo's by Haru, Elie, Musica's gang etc. Nirvana wasn't something from Rave was it?

It's his bday by the way..hope 134 still comes out next week.

I am pretty sure 133 was this weeks chapter so we probably will have to wait a week from now for the next chapter....
I doubt the author would show so many elements from rave and not have the world at least be the same... Seriously, even makarov is seen wearing symphonias crest more than a few times... not to mention all the other random times the crest is seem plus haru, ellie, musica and gang.... I don't think he will actually make them play a part in the manga but I guess he shows them as some sort of fanservice...

deffkryz
May 08, 2009, 10:45 PM
not to mention Erza's "Heart Kreuz" fetish. ;)

Actually I believe Rave and FT take part in two parallel universes which have some or even most in common (Rave characters, "animals", other life forms) but the basics are different - literally saying: Mashima's recycling most of the useful aspects of his first manga. I've stopped reading Rave at around ch.101, but I guess that's why:

Etherion is a "pinpointed" weapon of mass destruction and no longer the power to build the Rave and the Dark Brings, destroy the world etc.
Plue is a stellar spirit
Haru wasn't shown with his Sevensword(sp?) as he appeared
Sieghart appears somewhat as Sieglein/Gérard/Mistgun

kaizoku king
May 09, 2009, 01:56 PM
i don't know if any body have ever said this or pointed it out but have any of u noticed what date Lucy mother died http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/16/]

deffkryz
May 09, 2009, 03:06 PM
i don't know if any body have ever said this or pointed it out but have any of u noticed what date Lucy mother died http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/16/]

The same year, the dragons disappeared. Yet, still a coincidence. :blink