PDA

View Full Version : Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tamerlane
September 21, 2006, 09:27 AM
You know I just noticed that there was not a thread about this manga and I thought that I would start one.

For those of you not familiar with this series it was created by Clamp and follows the lives of Yuuko, the space time witch and Watanuki, her part time worker / apprentice. Yuuko runs a 'shop' where any wish can be granted and it is here that most of the story takes place. As Holic directly crosses over with Tsuabsa Reservoir Chronicle so those of you familiar with that series would be interested to read this one as well.

You can read the series via mIRC, The Room of Requirement (http://fukanounashigoto.free.fr/tsubasa-holic/holic.html), and Be With you Scans (http://www.bwys.net/index.php?page=projects/xxxholic). BWYS has the manga from the beginning and TROR is the latest chapters although they are not scanlated there, just the translation and the RAW are hosted.

So how many other people read this series? If you do what do you think about it?

:hbunny

Believe
September 23, 2006, 12:36 AM
You can find XXX Holic in volume form here. http://believemanga.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=92

I have also read to the most current chapter, and I gotta say, it does explain a lot of things that are left unsaid in TRC.

I think it's a really good read.

9/10.

Also on my site, I only have til chapter 103, because the most recent chapters are on an online-manga reading site, where I am unable to get the zip/rars for the chapters.

Ciao.

DemonDays
September 23, 2006, 07:22 AM
Ive been reading xxxHolic for a while now and it's definetly one of my favourites.
Its an essential read if you like TsubasaRC. The artwork is just as good as TRC, maybe even better!
It's good for a nice, relaxed easy read, if your sick of the usual action and fighting all the time.

Yachiru
September 23, 2006, 02:11 PM
I started reading this manga after I started reading Tsubasa once I learned that the two are connected, and it's a great manga! It's so interesting!

My favorite character is Doumeki!

Himawari is so creepy but now I feel so bad for her. ;_; Imagine if you were forever cursed like that.

Believe
September 23, 2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah It is a little weird. Imagine if you were badluck to everyone you even talked to. Scary thought :(.

Yeah! Some weird stuff!

Ashen
September 23, 2006, 05:56 PM
finally, i found chapters past 100 and you guys go ahead and make a thread about it. *Sighs* oh well.

Hinamori is soooo creepy, but i finally got to know why everyone kept warning him about her.

Luckas
September 23, 2006, 08:31 PM
I only found chapter up to vol 9 chap 4 or chap 100, are there other scanlated chapters?

siegfried
September 24, 2006, 02:32 AM
isnt this a shoujo?

Galth
September 24, 2006, 03:09 AM
isnt this a shoujo?

It indeed is *goes to move the thread*

DemonDays
September 24, 2006, 05:27 AM
*Found thread again*

There's an msn group that does the scanlations.
http://groups.msn.com/eXeXeXHOLiCManga/welcome.msnw

Believe
September 24, 2006, 06:55 PM
Thats the one, they have til chapter 119 for the moment.

I wish BWYS would kick it into high gear on some of their other mangas.

Even their main mangas are moving incredibly slow.

Oh well.

Maybe another group will pick up XXX someday.

Until then.

Ashen
September 24, 2006, 08:31 PM
Thanx for the link, sir DemonDays

DemonDays
September 25, 2006, 01:20 AM
Thanx for the link, sir DemonDays

'Miss DemonDays'

And no problem.

funkimonki
September 25, 2006, 02:38 AM
Hi, can anyone help me find a place from XXXholic scans? I been to bwys, and they are awesome, but little behind. I was wondering if anyone can help, it would be really grateful, and i'm sure there are others who wants to read it too.

Luckas
September 25, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hi, can anyone help me find a place from XXXholic scans? I been to bwys, and they are awesome, but little behind. I was wondering if anyone can help, it would be really grateful, and i'm sure there are others who wants to read it too.

Check this, I think it is up to date.

*Found thread again*

There's an msn group that does the scanlations.
http://groups.msn.com/eXeXeXHOLiCManga/welcome.msnw

DemonDays
September 25, 2006, 12:44 PM
Yup its up to chapter 119, which is the newest chapter so far.

Luckas
September 25, 2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but Watanuki(sp) hast the same phisical appareance of Eriol, who is present in the second part of Card Capator Sakura?

DemonDays
September 25, 2006, 01:17 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but Watanuki(sp) hast the same phisical appareance of Eriol, who is present in the second part of Card Capator Sakura?

OMG your right.
Now there's something interesting to think about if you've read the latest chapter of xxxHolic (119).

Gold Knight
September 26, 2006, 11:00 AM
Since xxxHolic is connected to TRC, I will be reading this manga this week. Will come back with thoughts once I finish ^^

Believe
September 26, 2006, 06:28 PM
Glad to hear!

It really is a good manga imho.

Tamerlane
September 26, 2006, 08:40 PM
Thats is wonderful that you are going to try it out GK! I think that it is a really good manga as well, but just keep in mind that it is more character driven and therefore the plot moves a lot slower than say a manga like Tsubasa does.

Take your time and enjoy it. And of course let us know what you think.

http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-bunny-smiley-6083.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

DemonDays
September 29, 2006, 01:01 PM
It seems there wont be another chapter out for about three weeks now 120 is released. :(:(
But at least they didnt leave it on a cliffhanger.

Ashen
September 30, 2006, 08:58 PM
ch 120 is out.

Someone has a newborn child

Tamerlane
September 30, 2006, 10:27 PM
Inarikami has translated chapter 120 of xxxHolic here (http://inarikami.livejournal.com/). Be sure to tell her thanks!

:amuse

DemonDays
October 02, 2006, 04:35 PM
It was a fairly slow chapter, but at least its tied up a few loose ends.

Gold Knight
October 03, 2006, 12:39 AM
So far enjoying xxxHolic okay. I finished the second volume, was fun to see the ghost stories and then the connection between Doumeki and Watanuki. Yuuko's definitely a fun character. I'll be reading more, but bear with me as it's going slower than I initially thought... I have to say though, if I hadn't already read TRC I probably wouldn't have even been interested in this one at all, not exactly the kind of manga I usually read. But it's cool so far.

DemonDays
October 14, 2006, 07:02 AM
The wait for chapter 121 has been toooo long.

Luckas
October 14, 2006, 10:20 AM
The wait for chapter 121 has been toooo long.
Is chap 121 out?

DemonDays
October 14, 2006, 10:22 AM
Is chap 121 out?

Not yet, sometime next week i do believe.

Luckas
October 14, 2006, 10:25 AM
Not yet, sometime next week i do believe.
Ok, thanks.

Tamerlane
October 15, 2006, 09:36 AM
The next chapter of xxxHolic comes out on Oct 25th.

=)

Luckas
October 15, 2006, 10:30 AM
The next chapter of xxxHolic comes out on Oct 25th.

=)
Thanks, it will be a long wait.

DemonDays
October 16, 2006, 11:46 AM
Gahh longer than I thought :(

ibra87
October 23, 2006, 07:27 PM
Just finished reading volume 5. It's pretty good, but I think it's only because I'm reading Tsubasa as well. Otherwise it would probably not be my taste. Especially that sometimes it feels "girl-ish" >_>

Tamerlane
October 23, 2006, 07:54 PM
I think that the next chapter of xxxHolic has been pushed back. Of course I am not sure if that is just a rumor or not. I guess we will have to wait and see.

DemonDays
October 24, 2006, 04:49 PM
I do believe the rumour is right unfortunately :crying

10/16 - Young Magazine #46 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (on sale)
10/23 - Young Magazine #47 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (CLAMP changed that, the continuation was originally scheduled for this week).
10/30 - Young Magazine #48 - Chapter 121 - 4 color pages, beginning of tank 11.
11/06 - Young Magazine #49 - Chapter 122.
11/13 - Young Magazine #50 - Chapter 123.

Tamerlane
October 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
;_;

I hate being right about stuff like this.

tyleroc
October 26, 2006, 08:37 PM
haha trust me i hate when your right about it too :(

and like other people have said, i definately wouldnt have kept reading this manga if i hadnt already watched and then read TRC

Galth
October 27, 2006, 03:00 AM
Just finished reading volume 5. It's pretty good, but I think it's only because I'm reading Tsubasa as well. Otherwise it would probably not be my taste. Especially that sometimes it feels "girl-ish" >_>

Ah yes, though it's actually meant to be for a young adul\t male audiance, according to clamp... But yeah, TRC was what got me into this, and without it, i wouldnt keep reading it i guess, but it's quite amusing in it's own right, actually... :)

Luckas
October 27, 2006, 04:10 AM
So I'm the only one who read XXXholic whitout readind TRC, which I plan to start reading.
Just a curiosity, if someone as already read Card captor Sakura, do you think Watanuki is equal/same to Eriol?

DemonDays
October 27, 2006, 07:07 AM
So I'm the only one who read XXXholic whitout readind TRC, which I plan to start reading.
Just a curiosity, if someone as already read Card captor Sakura, do you think Watanuki is equal/same to Eriol?

I thought that a while back because someone posted somewhere that they had a resemblance. And with Clamp having crossovers here there and everywhere i wouldnt be surprised if they did have a connection.

Luckas
October 27, 2006, 07:33 AM
The problem is that in Card Captor Sakura Eriol is the reincarnation of Clow Reed so if Watanuki "is" Eriol I don't know what to think.

DemonDays
October 27, 2006, 07:54 AM
Well Yuuko has taken a big interest in Watanuki and so has Syaoran. And its also been hinted in one of the very first chapters that he has 'magical blood'

Luckas
October 27, 2006, 08:11 AM
Yes, but that could meaning that they are blood related not that they are the same person.

Galth
October 27, 2006, 08:16 AM
We've got a few "Clow Reed" descendants in TRC already, so why can't Watanuki be another one of those? :oh

Luckas
October 27, 2006, 08:19 AM
We've got a few "Clow Reed" descendants in TRC already, so why can't Watanuki be another one of those? :oh
What confuses me is: if Watanuki is the reincarnation of Clow Reed how Eriol was in Card Captor Sakura.

DemonDays
October 27, 2006, 08:53 AM
Well if the place of Clows reincarnation is already taken by Eriol, then we must be wrong about Watanuki.

Luckas
October 27, 2006, 11:14 AM
When I started reading XXXholic I immediately thought that Watanuki was equal to Eriol, so he was the reincarnation of Clow Reed in the XXXholic world. The successive events convinced me I was right, then I read the arc about the spider and the eyesight loss; and I thought it was a strange development. So I started pondering and after searching for imagines of Watanuki and Eriol I was very confused. Now I think that even if it was clearly hinted that in Watanuki lies a great but dormant power or he is the the key to it, the relationship between Watanuki and Clow Reed isn't the only possible explanation of the hints which the manga gave.

Nikmi
November 10, 2006, 02:49 AM
Well i dont know if Watanuki is a decendant or reincarnation of Clow reed. i have had the own theory my self, but somehow i just feel that it would be too "stupid" from a writers point of view to have another Clow reed reincarnation or decendant Running around. I mean for him to be all powerfull he would have to be from the Clow reed Yuuko know right? (that man must have been busy with aleast 2 known decendants) (Remember the Clow reed who is Sakura's dad in tsubasa is ANOHTER clow reed) I just dont believe / want to believe that Watanuki is yet another decendant of him :)

Galth
November 10, 2006, 04:18 AM
Erm, the Clow Reed who is TRC's Sakura's father is the same one Yuuko knew, right? And the one from CCS doesn't count in this story, right? >.>

ibra87
November 10, 2006, 04:32 AM
Erm, the Clow Reed who is TRC's Sakura's father is the same one Yuuko knew, right? And the one from CCS doesn't count in this story, right? >.>
I would believe so.

But Watanuki has something to do with clow reed. That would explain his attracting-monsters aura. And that would explain his connection to Syaoran. But the odd thing was that Yuuko said something like: "don't worry. He won't disappear from your heart".

Luckas
November 10, 2006, 06:13 AM
I' getting confused, maybe later I'll read TRC. It doesn't inspire me.

Nikmi
November 10, 2006, 02:30 PM

I'm Pretty sure i got the information somewhere in the manga or Maybe it was Wiki (If thats so it cant be trusted) That the Clow Reed Yuuko Know is the one from CCS and Sakura's father is another Clow reed, it also makes more sense to me that Sakura's father is another Clow reed i mean how could the All mighty Clow Reed that Yuuko know have time to be a king, ALSO remember in volume 1 Yuuko mentions that "thoes two will soon visit her" thinking of Sakura and Sayoran, and she says " BUT also mentions that it will not be thoes two she know but some others (i will find the exact quote in the manga in a moment) [br]Posted on: November 10, 2006, 02:18:59 PM_________________________________________________I can't find it right now lol but im SURE! that she states that the two kinds will show up soon it will not be the two she know or the two she have meet or SOMETHING in that style. but it will be them, so the ones she already know about is the ones from CCS. and she probably know them from her connection to who im pretty sure is the CCS clow reed. and the ones she dont know there is about to show up is Sakura and Sayoran, from Clow country, Again im pretty sure its confirmed that its the one from CCS she knows and not the one from Clow country[br]Posted on: November 10, 2006, 02:25:26 PM_________________________________________________Also i would like to direct you who believe clow reed that Yuuko know is the King clow reed to my thread about Clow reed en the TSC section :P http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9534.0 ^^

ibra87
November 13, 2006, 11:45 AM
Why didn't anyone tell me xxxholic 122 is out? :( raw was out same day as tsubasa by LadyDarkMoon:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wykrdh

And scan from gotlurk. (#LURK)

Seems like this was another chapter with only talk and talk, but at least, the black Mokona finally showed his good side (the different one from the drinking and trouble-making one).

DemonDays
November 14, 2006, 06:01 PM
There's some gorgeous artwork of Yuuko towards the end of the chapter![br]Posted on: November 13, 2006, 02:48:55 PM_________________________________________________Ohh translations for chapter 123 are out already. They are kinda confusing without the scans though.
http://ashura-sama.livejournal.com/2703.html

ibra87
November 17, 2006, 03:43 PM
I know. Hopefully Ladydarkmoon will post a raw tomorrow! I really hope some action happen this time though :([br]Posted on: November 14, 2006, 06:11:18 PM_________________________________________________I've just read a scanlation of 123! To all you who haven't, it's a kick ass chapter so do it now! At least it's much better than the chapters we've been getting lately. Well. more or less.

Luckas
November 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
I've just read a scanlation of 123! To all you who haven't, it's a kick ass chapter so do it now! At least it's much better than the chapters we've been getting lately.
Where did you find it?

ibra87
November 17, 2006, 04:06 PM
Where did you find it?

The problem is it was a site using the chinese raws for scanlation .

EDIT: but the translation seemed weird some places.. maybe I can scanlate it. but it won't be as high quality as that one.

Luckas
November 17, 2006, 04:25 PM
At this site (http://fukanounashigoto.free.fr/ror/) there is the raw and a translation.

ibra87
November 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
yeah, I already have the raw from ladydarkmoon and some translations. The raw is cleaned but it's too late to typeset. Guess I'll do it tomorrow.[br]Posted on: November 17, 2006, 10:51:37 PM_________________________________________________Yay, a scanlation of c. 123 is done!:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/41uex0

Raw Ladydarkmonn
tranlsation by iamsocool12345 (two lines from inarikimi)
Clean & Typeset by me.

(a scanlation of 123 can be found at #lurk too)

Galth
November 18, 2006, 06:17 PM
Doumeki: "Is that a pipe-fox in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
Watanuki: "..."
sorry, couldnt resist

DemonDays
November 24, 2006, 06:44 AM
Doumeki: "Is that a pipe-fox in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
Watanuki: "..."
sorry, couldnt resist

:rofl

that made me laugh

glad to have been of service :D[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 12:41:52 PM_________________________________________________So i guess there was no release of xxxHolic this week.
I swear Clamp are trying to kill me.

Pevee
November 26, 2006, 08:51 PM
aye... i've just read xxxholic over the thanksgiving holiday break (love it btw, it's now my "currently most favorite" manga)and now you guys are confusing me. but i don't mind. fufufu
well, about clow reed. and how watanuki is eriol and stuff. I can see how watanuki can be eriol from CCS, but i still don't really he's eriol. I don't have any reason to back up my belief, but there you go. That's what i think.

i changed my mind (just read 121) What the rain god/girl said (i'm horrible at names, i'm sorry) would really make sense if Watanuki IS the incarnation of Clow Reed.
And about the duo-existence of Clow Reed. I think that is very possible because of how Yuuko mentioned the parallel existence of everyone on other worlds. But the one Yuuko was talking about, the one who made mokona(sp), is the one in TRC..

Sozuki
November 29, 2006, 02:36 PM
This is indeed a great manga series. If you just read Tsubasa, it isn't enough even though you get your small dish of Yuuko every now and again. You get to see a whole different side of her if you read xxxHOLiC! She's very much entertaining. ^__^

What I love most is Watanuki and Doumeki's interactions! I do see them as a hinted at shounen ai couple like many do, but realize that it'll never be cannon 'cause CLAMP only hints. Sadly. u__u

Luckas
November 29, 2006, 02:38 PM
In Card Captor Sakura Clamp did way more than only hinting.

Sozuki
November 29, 2006, 02:43 PM
Hahaha! You got me! XD That is true! But they never really do much about it. That's just my opinion though. It's the same with Tokyo Babylon and Legal Drug. Though Legal Drug was supposed to be more of a fanservise series.

And to what Pevee said, that never even crossed my mind! Watanuki being Erol? That's mind boggling...I'll have to keep that idea in mind!

Luckas
November 29, 2006, 02:51 PM
Hahaha! You got me! XD That is true! But they never really do much about it. That's just my opinion though.I liked Card Captor Sakura, but Tomoyo is less 10 years old, so a bit too unrealistic.

It's the same with Tokyo Babylon and Legal Drug. Though Legal Drug was supposed to be more of a fanservise series.I only read the first 3 volume, I think it is interesting and I would like to read more.

And to what Pevee said, that never even crossed my mind! Watanuki being Erol? That's mind boggling...I'll have to keep that idea in mind!
That's I believe it's my fault, I didn't give much attention about drawnings, so when I started to read xxxHolic I was sure Watanuki was drawn the same as Eriol, but after checking better and looked for on the net I think it's improbable even if not impossible they are the same person.

herolove
November 29, 2006, 02:56 PM
just letting you know 124 is out , translation (and link to Chinese scans) hear:
http://kowaiki.livejournal.com/92318.html#cutid1

it got me confused about the CCS conection :s

ibra87
November 29, 2006, 05:41 PM
raw is out by ladydarkmoon as well ^^

Sozuki
November 29, 2006, 10:14 PM
I liked Card Captor Sakura, but Tomoyo is less 10 years old, so a bit too unrealistic.

I know what you mean. My brother is 11 and he still refuses to admit that some of the girls in his class are cute. Even some of the guys he refuses to admit! (I'm trying to turn my brother bisexual. I'd have to say it isn't working so well. XD I can dream.)

I only read the first 3 volume, I think it is interesting and I would like to read more.
First three volumes of Tokyo Babylon or Legal Drug? Legal Drug only has three volumes so far and I'm itching for more! I love the fact that Kazahaya and Rikuou appeared in the xxxHOLiC manga! If only for a couple pages. Some people don't like either xxxHOLiC or Legal Drug because they have some things in common and I guess they don't like repetition. I love how the two have their similar parts personally. Though the similarities only stretch as far as Doumeki and Watanuki to Kazahaya and Rikuou and the 'missions'. Though, to admit, that is what xxxHOLiC is mostly about. But it's all coming up to a big ending! And soon! ^__~

I hope we don't get a Tokyo Babylon ending or something... because that will make me sad. T__T

That's I believe it's my fault, I didn't give much attention about drawings, so when I started to read xxxHolic I was sure Watanuki was drawn the same as Eriol, but after checking better and looked for on the net I think it's improbable even if not impossible they are the same person.

It's true though that they do look different. We've seen scenes with young Watanuki and he doesn't look much like Eriol in CCS. Similar, yes. But that's to be expected when they are both drawn my CLAMP (though different member?), both have black hair and wear glasses.
Though, you have to admit, it's a bazaar thought.

Pevee
December 03, 2006, 08:12 PM
It's true though that they do look different. We've seen scenes with young Watanuki and he doesn't look much like Eriol in CCS. Similar, yes. But that's to be expected when they are both drawn my CLAMP (though different member?), both have black hair and wear glasses.
Though, you have to admit, it's a bazaar thought.

I really have to say that it's rather a big jump.
I wonder why Tomoyo hasn't appeared in xxxHolic yet. She seemed to be an important character both in TRC and CCS. Maybe they're saving her for later when she appear with Sakura and Syoran (sp) of this world, maybe. It's a hypothesis. Watanuki just mentioned about how he wish he could meet those two. Looking forward to it.

If you just read Tsubasa, it isn't enough even though you get your small dish of Yuuko every now and again. You get to see a whole different side of her if you read xxxHOLiC! She's very much entertaining. ^__^

When I start reading TRC (before finding out about xxxHolic) Yuuko was some kind of a all-powerful mysterious witch (not that she still isn't) but she's actually different than what she is depicted in TRC actually. In TRC, she's more cold-hearted,serious, and all. I was about to give up on her being one of my favorite characters, but good thing I found xxxHolic in time. lol.
Btw, I have been wondering. What's Yuuko's position in the spirit world? Like, what exactly is she in the spirit world?? Cause she's always been a part of the spirit communities and all their rituals and ceremonies. I mean, she HAS to be something more than just a person with special power right?

Luckas
December 03, 2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry for the late answer but my post was lost in the crash of my pc.

I know what you mean. My brother is 11 and he still refuses to admit that some of the girls in his class are cute. Even some of the guys he refuses to admit! (I'm trying to turn my brother bisexual. I'd have to say it isn't working so well. XD I can dream.)That's cruel :amuse I'm sure you'll find well here in MH, soon you'll find why.

First three volumes of Tokyo Babylon or Legal Drug? Legal Drug only has three volumes so far and I'm itching for more! I love the fact that Kazahaya and Rikuou appeared in the xxxHOLiC manga! If only for a couple pages. Some people don't like either xxxHOLiC or Legal Drug because they have some things in common and I guess they don't like repetition. I love how the two have their similar parts personally. Though the similarities only stretch as far as Doumeki and Watanuki to Kazahaya and Rikuou and the 'missions'. Though, to admit, that is what xxxHOLiC is mostly about. But it's all coming up to a big ending! And soon! ^__~
I hope we don't get a Tokyo Babylon ending or something... because that will make me sad. T__TI mean Legal Drug, I didn't know it has only 3 volumes. I have to confess you I read Tokyo Babylon, I reread the end and asked a friend to explain to me the end, but although all that I didn't understand how Tokyo babylon ended :darn I'm a desperate case :eyeroll

Though, you have to admit, it's a bazaar thought.I think it was the glasses and the haircut that confused me and maybe tha fact I'm blind and didn't watch with attention th drawnings.

Again sorry for the late reply, but it's my pc's fault.

DemonDays
December 14, 2006, 04:07 PM
Chapter 125 is out XD
You can read the scanlation on the xxxHolic MSN Group.
Im sure they wot mind if you take a peek.

http://groups.msn.com/eXeXeXHOLiCManga/chapter125.msnw

Galth
December 14, 2006, 04:23 PM
I know what you mean. My brother is 11 and he still refuses to admit that some of the girls in his class are cute. Even some of the guys he refuses to admit! (I'm trying to turn my brother bisexual. I'd have to say it isn't working so well. XD I can dream.)

Meh, your yaoi addiction goes to this lenghts? Cruel person! XD ( read: go ahead, i'm sure it'll be amusing ).

And thanks for telling us, DD2 ( DynamicDragon already got the nickname DD... )!! *goes to read*[br]Posted on: December 15, 2006, 12:19:46 AM_________________________________________________My guess: if she carries the bells, she will meet the thing in the house, and she'll find out it's not frightening, so she'll find her house safe again! :nuts

Luckas
December 14, 2006, 07:22 PM
My guess the ghosts have good reason to scare her.

ibra87
December 14, 2006, 07:59 PM
Something is very wrong here, guys. For the first time in the story the dimensional witch (what's her name again?) didn't ask for payment before giving the price... she didn't even tell that girl about it! Perhaps she's trying to oppose Rei Fang Weed in some way? You know, like negativ x negativ = positive. :o

Pevee
December 14, 2006, 10:45 PM
Something is very wrong here, guys. For the first time in the story the dimensional witch (what's her name again?) didn't ask for payment before giving the price... she didn't even tell that girl about it! Perhaps she's trying to oppose Rei Fang Weed in some way? You know, like negativ x negativ = positive. :o

Yuuko
The reason I can think of is that Yuuko isn't sure whether the bell can save the girl yet. She might want to make sure that it really works before taking the price.
btw, Yuuko's outfit is again ever so pretty!

Luckas
December 15, 2006, 07:07 AM
I think this is an easy work for Yuko and the Clamp are foreshadowing a little twist, becuase I'm sure that the girl, who is asking for help has a little, dark secret.

DemonDays
December 15, 2006, 06:39 PM
Most probably she does.
If things seemed to get worse, there must be something strange going on.

Pevee
December 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Most probably she does.
If things seemed to get worse, there must be something strange going on.

I'm pretty sure that things are getting worse right now.

ibra87
December 27, 2006, 04:11 PM
xxxHolic raw 126 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtg8g7) has been released by LadyDarkMoon!

No more chapters until February :(

ttxdragon
December 28, 2006, 12:33 PM
xxxHolic raw 126 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtg8g7) has been released by LadyDarkMoon!

No more chapters until February :(

:(
i just got a good laugh from that xD
we create the section and it goes into 5week hiatus >.<

anyway, i still need to catch up from ch101 or so... just skipped through the raws...
anybody got a good place to find scanlations, besides msn-groups?

ibra87
December 28, 2006, 12:48 PM

anyway, i still need to catch up from ch101 or so... just skipped through the raws...
Yes :( Clamp is an evil beast.
If you want to download chapters, go to
http://www.mangatraders.com/files/manga/xxxholic (you need to register though)

I don't know about the quality of the chapters though. The ones after ch. 100 that I got for Lurk were very LQ (speed scanlations) from eXeXeX_Holic_Manga, so let's hope this isn't the case with mangatraders :).

Luckas
December 28, 2006, 12:59 PM

If you can't find them PM me, I should have all even if the last are LQ.

ttxdragon
December 28, 2006, 01:23 PM
thanks for the instant help. you two :)

gonna see to get them of lurk then
*prefers irc, whenever available

and don't worry about the LQ, as i will for sure buy at least the german releases (if i don't start to import the japanese) so everythings fine with me :)
xxxHolic is one of the series i think that are worth of the money they cost (6,50Euro in germany)

Gold Knight
December 29, 2006, 11:01 AM
Just a note here, don't forget that you guys can now start separate R/T/S or Discussion threads for the latest chapters here.

This is now a Mega Convo or xxxHolic Hang Out thread, whatever you prefer to think of it as, but you can discuss xxxHolic in other threads here too, just keep the topic different. :amuse

ibra87
December 29, 2006, 01:39 PM
This is a compilation of all the old discussion/prediction threads and may therefore be a little bit confusing. Please put that in mind when reading it.

xxxHolic Chapter 126 is out! If you haven't grabbed this chapter yet, you can find it Here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12698.0)

Interesting chapter it is, with lots of new revelations regarding the shop and Watanuki!

Have fun!

ibra87
December 29, 2006, 02:07 PM
The latest chapter of xxxHolic is out! Go here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13787.0) to find all the RAWs, translations and scanlations.

:amuse

kaizoku99
December 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
Well, um... where can I find xxxHolic chapters past chapter 108 (about where Be With You Scans are) not from eXeXeX Holic Manga MSN group or anywhere that's rehosting their scans, but instead some other scanlation group entirely?
*good (not LQ) quality preferred*

Camena
December 29, 2006, 09:55 PM
I was always so curious about Maru and Moro...and now I'm even more curious. And I get oddly happy when there's a friendship moment between Himawari, Watanuki, and Doumeki. It's cute.

ibra87
December 29, 2006, 10:08 PM
I was always so curious about Maru and Moro...and now I'm even more curious. And I get oddly happy when there's a friendship moment between Himawari, Watanuki, and Doumeki. It's cute.
I could be wrong, but it seems like the shop was made for Watanuki's sake. Maru and Moro seem to be "holding the shop" from disappearing, which means they are also created for Watanuki. Mokona too. That means that Clow Reed and Yuuko seem to have wanted something with Watanuki. But then again, how do Maru and Moro hold this place? :sweat

Also this chapter kinda shows how awesome Yuuko is. It's like she knew that Watanuki would come to her and how everything will end up. Everything is going according to fate ;)

kami5
December 30, 2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the chapter! I check MH a couple times a week but this is the first time in a month or so that I've seen a chapter of xxxHolic scanlated. Is there a list of previous xxxHolic releases perhaps?

About the chapter, I thought that Watanuki's attitude has changed considerably; he seems a lot more mature and I like it.

ibra87
December 30, 2006, 10:49 AM
So you want to read xxxHOLIC but don't know where to get your hands on it, eh? Then you've come to the right place.

Direct Download
Manga Traders (http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/93) All completed volumes + latest chapters (Requires Free Registration)
Be With Your Scans (http://bwys.forgottenrain.net/index.php?page=projects/xxxholic) Volumes 1-14 + beginning of 15
Anip (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=XXXHolic/) All Chapters (might take some time before latest chapters are uploaded)
Fail manga (http://failmanga.wordpress.com/) - A group currently releasing the newest chapters as they come (sendspace links).

IRC (IRC guide for beginners (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2335))
#lurk @ irchighway.net - All chapters (http://gotlurk.net for packlist)
#Ayakashi @ IRC.RIZON.NET - Portugese scanlations

Online Reading
Homeunix Manga (http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/XXXHolic.html)

Anime
Anime Eden (http://www.anime-eden.com/anime/index.x.htm) Direct Download of Shunmuki OVA (Requires Free Registration)

Purchase
Amazon.com (http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-3711827-5646029?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xxxholic&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go) Anime & Manga
Barnes and Nobles (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?SRT=A&z=y&SZE=10&WRD=xxxHolic&Go%21.x=23&Go%21.y=10) Manga

If you would like to share another place to get xxxHOLIC from, post a link, and it will be added as soon as possible :)

ibra87
December 30, 2006, 10:50 AM
To find previous chapters of xxxHolic see this thread:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12772.0 :)

Tamerlane
December 30, 2006, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone. Here is the place that you can go to find out when the next chapter of xxxHolic is due out. We will try to keep this updated as Clamp releases the news on their site.

Here is the latest schedule to get started:

xxxHolic

09/06 - Chapter 205

Thanks to the users who're posting this info.

FFz
December 30, 2006, 05:51 PM
Yuuko-san is the cutest character ever....

Camena
December 31, 2006, 01:54 AM
I could be wrong, but it seems like the shop was made for Watanuki's sake. Maru and Moro seem to be "holding the shop" from disappearing, which means they are also created for Watanuki. Mokona too. That means that Clow Reed and Yuuko seem to have wanted something with Watanuki. But then again, how do Maru and Moro hold this place? :sweat

Also this chapter kinda shows how awesome Yuuko is. It's like she knew that Watanuki would come to her and how everything will end up. Everything is going according to fate ;)

I used to think that Watanuki was supposed to be Yuuko's apprentice to take over the shop. But you're right ibra87, it really seems like this shop was only made for Watanuki. To prepare him for the big "THING" that Yuuko keeps saying is gonna happen. What could have Yuuko and Clow wanted to prepare Watanuki for? And how does Syaoran from Tsubasa tie into it since Yuuko mentioned he had a role in this somehow?

How am I gonna last till the next chapter??? sigh...

ISN'T SHE? She's my hero! I wanna be Yuuko when I grow up! XD

kaBOTi
December 31, 2006, 02:06 AM
i don't know if this has been asked before, but from what chapter/volume of the manga did the anime covered? i'm asking this so i will resume reading from their bcoz from your post, this manga is worth the time to read. :amuse

ibra87
December 31, 2006, 10:26 AM
i don't know if this has been asked before, but from what chapter/volume of the manga did the anime covered? i'm asking this so i will resume reading from their bcoz from your post, this manga is worth the time to read. :amuse
The anime is kind of different from the manga ^^ There are some things that happen in both, but some of the most important things only happen in the manga. That's why I would recommend reading it fromt he beginning.

Luckas
December 31, 2006, 02:48 PM
How is the anime? Is it good?

ibra87
December 31, 2006, 03:09 PM
How is the anime? Is it good?
It's good and all, but no relation to Tsubasa RC whatsoever, which is pretty sad. And only 24 episodes released so far and a movie. The ones I have seen (first 4 or so) had kinda the same story going as the manga, but as mentioned before with everything regarding TRC cut out. We still have Mokona though :)

Hmm, I don't know, but someway it feels right if I close this thread and make you guys make separate ones for each topic, but I'll wait a little.

kaBOTi
December 31, 2006, 08:01 PM
domo ibra87-sama

guess i have to start downloading :amuse

ibra87
December 31, 2006, 08:23 PM
Credits go to the writer of the main post on the index page (31-12-2006) (possibly Winterlion):

Summary:

xxxHolic is a manga by clamp, which follows two of the side characters from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=145.0). The series' protagonist is Kimihiro Watanuki, a high school student who is continually plagued by supernatural monsters and spirits which are magically attracted to him. The creatures are invisible to all but him. One day, he quite literally stumbles into a shop that grants wishes and his life changes drastically. Within the shop is the seductively beautiful Yuko Ichihara, a witch of many names and esoteric renown. (The Time Witch in TRC). The seemingly all-knowing witch soon gets right down to business. She offers to grant Watanuki's wish to be rid of his ability to see spirits. However, a price equal to the power required to grant the wish must be paid. When Yuko discovers that Watanuki is very skilled with his hands and a hard worker, she forces him to perform housework and odd jobs, until he has done enough work for his wish to be granted.

Sart
January 01, 2007, 05:55 AM
At last xxxHolic on Magahelpers!! HURRAH!!! Thanks for the chapter!

I could be wrong, but it seems like the shop was made for Watanuki's sake.

Hell yeah!)) IMHO Watanuki somehow resembles Clow Reed... May be Watanuki IS Clow? Then of course the shop is made for his sake.

PS. Sorry if my English is bad. In Russia its difficult to improve it)

Pevee
January 02, 2007, 11:15 PM
Hell yeah!)) IMHO Watanuki somehow resembles Clow Reed... May be Watanuki IS Clow? Then of course the shop is made for his sake.

PS. Sorry if my English is bad. In Russia its difficult to improve it)

Your English seems fine to me.
Well, I believe that Watanuki is somehow Clow or his representative or something. That's why the shop seems to be connected to him in so many ways.

ISN'T SHE? She's my hero! I wanna be Yuuko when I grow up! XD

She IS!!! She is my ever-favorite character! Who doesn't want to be the witch of dimensions like her??

everazuresky
January 08, 2007, 11:15 AM
Being so far into the series, it is pretty interesting to look back and find anything you might have missed. I went back to the first chapter of xxxholic and found something interesting which I was hoping to get some one else's opinion on. When Yuuko was originally accepting the payment she pulls out a mirror. It ends up not working and, at least in the translation I have, she says there must be a "generation gap". Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Arinan
January 09, 2007, 05:55 PM
http://www.aicoalition.com/manga_xholic.php

They have Volumes 1-8 up to download by volume, and then the chapters 97-100.

Thank you, link added ~ ibra87
I'm sorry, the site seems to have been suspended

ibra87
January 11, 2007, 06:14 PM
Let's start with saying it actually happens in chapter 2 ;)

Anyway, I have no idea what she meant with generation gap. The only logical thing would be that the mirror can't search Watanuki's soul because he's from another generation than Yuuku's or perhaps from another generation than the one the mirror was created in. Then again, logic has never been the case in xxxHOLIC so I really wouldn't know.

Yachiru
January 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for posting the schedule!

No chapter until the 22nd? Aww. Too bad. But I think they're having so many breaks because they want to end xxxHolic at the same time as Tsubasa, but Tsubasa needs more time than xxxHolic.

Pevee
January 13, 2007, 10:01 PM
Good point made, in xxxHolic, nothing is supposed to make sense for us, at least not now. I think it's possible that the Yuuko did not expect the generation gap, meaning that she might think of Watanuki as another kid, but the generation gap did prevent her from doing something, so that should mean that Watanuki isn't like any other people. I think we have a thread about his origin somewhere around here.

everazuresky
January 13, 2007, 10:51 PM
Ibra,
sorry for the mix-up in chapter #. exexexHolic (msn group) and BWYS both have this as being part of chapter 1 but I guess it probably was a double chapter.
Anyway... I brought it up because this is one of the time's Yuuko messes up, however slightly. Most of the time she seems infallible, all-knowing and able to do anything. This time she actually tries something to bring a predicted result but fails. Because she quickly fixes the situation by putting Watanuki into the part time job we know so well now, the two page sequence was easily be overlooked and ignored.

Pevee,
Now that I look at it, I guess this is easily an origin thread, so, before it takes that turn into theories of little to no proof, let's lead it in another direction.
Yuuko apparently tried something that should work on most people, the mirror, for whatever purpose or payment extractment but it failed. As you say, we could argue that he isn't like other people. But Yuuko is showing herself, through many scattered foreboding messages, as one who would be most aware of how special he is and further knew of this at least years perhaps decades before ever meeting him. (Year approximations based from death of Clow) Despite all of this foresight, she tried something and it had no affect on him.
I might be stretching this a bit far but I think it is worth discussing.

Tamerlane
January 16, 2007, 08:07 AM
Added a few more updates at the top. ^___^

Itachi-Kun
January 19, 2007, 06:34 AM
#Ayakashi @ IRC.RIZON.NET
Brazilian portuguese scanlations. =)
We've already released chapter 01. ^^

Thank you and link added ~ ibra87

Uozumi
January 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
I was thinking about the last page, where we see someone, probably a man, comming through the door. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not ghosts that make her home a scarry place but whomever this girl lives with. The ghost that touches her shoulder or does things to get her attention might be protecting her from this threat.

Conversely, Watanuki can see spirits in solid form. Thus, this person might still be an aparition, but since it was using the door instead of simply appearing in the room, I think it's a living person.

ibra87
January 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
I was thinking about the last page, where we see someone, probably a man, comming through the door. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not ghosts that make her home a scarry place but whomever this girl lives with. The ghost that touches her shoulder or does things to get her attention might be protecting her from this threat.

Conversely, Watanuki can see spirits in solid form. Thus, this person might still be an aparition, but since it was using the door instead of simply appearing in the room, I think it's a living person.
Hmm. A living person? I disagree with you here since it seems like this man (who could possibly be a woman) is invisible and can not be seen by normal humans. I think he was just trying to contact the girl but could not and that's why we have the bells. The more of them the more she is able to "sense" this spirit and perhaps with this many she'll finally be able to see it.

Tamerlane
January 29, 2007, 08:44 PM
I think that what Watanuki is seeing is in the dream world correct? So since he can see spirits I really think that he is seeing the spirit that has been tormenting this girl so much.

Only I am almost positive that there is a twist to it somehow.

...and I really do not have too much hope for this girl surviving too much longer....how many customers that came to Yuuko and ignored her advice lived to tell about? :s

Tamerlane
January 31, 2007, 08:36 PM
Well the latest chapter of xxxHolic is out. You can find everything right here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14210.0).

So this chapter ends the girl-with-bells story line. The moral of this story was...dont mess with Yuko. :darn

Did anyone else see this coming? What do you think that they are going to go into next?

Discuss this chapter and make some fun predictions here.

ibra87
January 31, 2007, 09:18 PM
I'm impressed. Nothing I had expected. Yuuko is so evil you can't help but like her. heh.

Ramza
January 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
can someone fill me in on what happened...i didnt quite understand the chap...i assume that she is a ghost who doesnt realize being a ghost?

Uozumi
February 01, 2007, 12:01 AM
This is what happened. The girl with a bell was a ghost. She was the type of ghost that will not leave a place that she has a deep connection to, which was that house. She was attached to the girl we saw in today's chapter, which is why she also came to Watanuki's school.

When the exorcist came the next day, the ghost with the bell disappeared because they exorcised her.

In a way this is typical CLAMP (kind of reminded me of their Tokyo Babylon days), but it was still fresh and I totally wasn't expecting it ^_^

hopeakaarme
February 01, 2007, 01:27 AM
...Like you could truly expect one of Yuuko's tricks... I was suitably shocked, though. :blink

Maybe next chapter, we'll see Doumeki again?

bakashijinsan
February 01, 2007, 10:21 PM
Yuko really is quite the sadist one. She, like, tricked the girl who came for her help into being exorcised herself. What I don't get is, she's a spirit, why can't she see the real person using the room? I mean, all of the spirits, so far in xxxHolic can see people.

Does it have somthing to do that she is in denial that she is now dead (i.e. a spirit)? Or another meaning is underlying that Yuko is not revealing to anyone?

A WTH!!! That's what I liked in xxxHolic! It's weirdness and Yuko's mysteriousness!

Thanks for the great chapter!

phoenragon
February 13, 2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks Tamerlane! ^_^ I didn't see one in the Tsubasa section, but is there a Tsubasa release schedule?

ibra87
February 15, 2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks Tamerlane! ^_^ I didn't see one in the Tsubasa section, but is there a Tsubasa release schedule?
Yes, there is one in the LeCourt Library. Here's the exact link: http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4091

ttxdragon
February 15, 2007, 07:17 AM
Yesh,

it's there, xxxHolic chapter 129 :)

Get your goodies here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15055.0)

So, i didn't read xxxHolic till the latest chapter, but I'd like to see you all discuss this chapter here, xxxHolic needs some more love :)

any predictions?
post them here too :)

Sart
February 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well, according to the raw, this chapter is nothing special. Well, but that means that the next one is gonna be something REALLY GOOD! :dance :dance :dance :dance

xholyangel07x
February 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
Translation! Translation! Translation! How could we discuss the chapter if we don't understand a thing about it!? Anyway, this chapter seems to be a minor arc. We meet the fox family again. Is watanuki on a delivery request by Yuuko?
Edit: Now that there is a translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15209.new#new) and I could finally understand the chapter, I think I should edit my post:
The thing here is, even though xxxHOLic is an awesome manga, seems like CLAMP's ideas ran out. This is a filter chapter so as to keep the manga alive. It has nothing special at all, no character development, no real plot. Maybe Sart's idea is right: this chapter is the sign of something interesting lies ahead. But for the time being, I'm dissatisfied with this chapter.
But overall, this chapter is one of the cutest chaps in the serie so far in my opinion.

xholyangel07x
February 18, 2007, 10:44 PM
One question: is there any scanlation group other than eXeXeX HOLiC manga which scanlate these chapters? And where could I get the translation for chapter 109-113 (Inarikami seems to have translations of chapter 114-125)?
I'm planing to scanlate these chapters if no other group than eXeXeX did it ( it was too LQ).
Thanks.

ibra87
February 19, 2007, 05:10 PM
As far as I'm concerned, no one but eXeXeX have scanlated those chapters as of yet. I'm also very sorry but I haven't found any translations either. BWYS are sooner or later going to scanlate these, but it will take some time before they release. Let's just cross fingers and hope they do. If I ever happen to find a translation I'll be sure to tell you.

ibra87
February 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
I personally wouldn't go as far as saying they ran out of ideas. They've made a lot of similar chapters (i.e. the first time he met the foxes) and it always proved that they have made them for a cause, like the fox saving Watanuki from the demons before. I agree that it could have been more interesting though, but we can't have every chapter with lots of action.

bakashijinsan
February 20, 2007, 02:06 AM
not out of ideas. though they might look like it but then almost everything that has been happening in xxxHolic has significance in the story. chapter lengths are really erratic. sometimes it's as much as 80+ pages and sometimes it's like a normal chapter with 13-15 pages. Oh well, that's xxxHolic for you.

is it just me or is that fox quite infatuated with Watanuki?

xholyangel07x
February 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
Thank you! After you mention it, I go to BWYS site ( forgot about these guys a long time before) and found chapter 109 (http://bwys.net/index.php?page=projects/xxxholic)! (awww, already do some cleaning with it. Oh well, BWYS rocks! Just that they only start scanlating after the tankoubon is out.

Glad to be of help :amuse

lonlon_malon
February 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
They've just run through a ton of really high-tension arcs, like the Spider arc and the one with Watanuki's injury. You can't just have a TON of high-tension arcs all the time, or else it loses its effect, right?

There is also the fact that CLAMP has been very busy the last few weeks with press conferences and Chinese New Years, so I doubt they've had time to do any major projects.

I think this week's chapter 130 will start off another long arc again, but with CLAMP you never know :P

Tamerlane
February 28, 2007, 03:11 PM
Well the latest chapter of xxxHolic is out this week. You can find everything right here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=16424.0)

This chapter was cute. A lot of interaction with Kohane....then her Mom comes onto the scene and wisks her away.

The part I found most interesting though was the part with Yuuko in the shop. She is standing there looking at Fai's tattoo and Kuroganes sword and the scene flashes to an item that should look some what familiar if you are paying attention. Hint: You saw it in the very first chapter of the series.

So what do you think? What is going to happen now?

Have fun and dont be shy about posting!

=D

DemonDays
March 07, 2007, 05:25 PM
What i found most interesting in this chapter is what was said about Watanuki and Doumeki slowly merging together (well watanuki sure has taken quite a few of Doumekis bodily fluids and parts). Also Yuuko hinted that Doumeki might have quite an important roll to play further on in the series concerning the group in TRC.

To me it seems that CLAMP are slowly beginning to draw both TRC and xxxHolic to an end. But we still have a fair bit to go yet....

Tamerlane
March 07, 2007, 05:46 PM
According to this link: http://chibiyuuto.livejournal.com/124190.html#cutid2 the series is winding up. Holic and Tsubasa should crossing over a lot more now. :o

I had made my original post before the translation was out but I really want to hear more about how Wata and Doum are blending and what that could mean.

Inarikami also pointed out that when Yuuko was talking about Wata she uses the kanji for corpse...and maybe we are reading too much into it...but it does not sound good for him. I wonder if I should start placing bets on who is going to live through these series. x_x

I have to say thought that this chapter was a lot more interesting than I thought that it would be. Based on last weeks chapter I was not sure where it could head.

Hardysmidgen
March 07, 2007, 06:50 PM
I haven't been reading XXXHolic like I should, but this past chapter when Yuuko mentioned "So that the last moment won't be the last" sounded to me like Doumeki and Watanuki will have something to do with preventing the ending Sakura saw briefly when touching Fay. That Yuuko was looking at Fay's tatoo and Kurogane's sword seems to drive that point home even more, as well as paralleling that relationship with Doumeki and Watanuki blending together...Kurogane has become a part of Fay through blood and Fay has also lost an eye (though without getting a replacement). Perhaps Doumeki and Watanuki's ability to see these things will help thwart Fei Wong Reed somehow...

The whole idea of the body AND heart changing with Doumeki and Watanuki is also paralleled strongly in Kurogane and Fay, given that Fay's body changed into a vampire, Kurogane's into bait/prey and the callous emotions are currently covering up deeper connections that changed their hearts. I'm thinking that she looked at Kurogane and Fay's items because there might be a trade to gain them back in the future, what they gave up will become null somehow (Fay is about to return to Celes and the purpose for the tatoo should emerge) and since Kurogane is so tied to Fay, his sword could stand for protecting Fay in the next world or another connection with his family being revealed.

P.S. Yikes...it's the hour glass Sakura and Syaoran were trapped in? 0__o' Wonder if that's part of the ending she was speaking of, or whether it was what will end up happening to her and her love in order to let the others live. She made it pretty clear Fay and Kurogane would be killed in the one future or at least meet some unfortunate situation last issue, so perhaps Yuuko needs to return the tattoo and sword to stop said ending from happening?

Uozumi
March 08, 2007, 12:24 AM
Watanuki having corpse in his kanji makes sense. Essentially now he is a corpse, staying alive only because of not only Himawari, Doumeki, and Xiao-Lang's sacrifices, but also the shop.

I think that Tsubasa will eventually find their way back to Yuuko's world. The feather found in Yuuko's Japan was on Syaoran's cloak. Thus, the whole gang will eventually have to return to Yuuko's Japan to find the very last feather.

I see the ending as Sakura, the gang, and Syaoran all appearing in Yuuko's Japan. There will be an inevitable battle between the Tsubasa cast and knowing Watanuki and Doumeki, they most likely will get caught up in it since it will be near the shop.

I think that "the last" will probably be this battle, which will culminate with probably Sakura regaining all of her feathers and possibly a bit of death depending on if Sakura can change destiny with her wish.

On the xxxHOLiC front, I think we will see the significance of the object from chapter one surface, and something will happen that the assimilation between Watanuki and Doumeki will become clear.

Another issue though is, what is Watanuki's true wish? He says he doesn't want to see spirits any longer, but when it comes time for the wish to be granted, I doubt that will be what he wants. He'll lose his connections to so many creatures he has met, I doubt he would want to never see them again. Thus, there must be a much bigger wish that he has that even Watanuki has yet to realize.

Hardysmidgen
March 08, 2007, 02:18 AM
The topic of Watanuki's true wish is very interesting...that made me think back to when he fell from the window. Since True Syaoran is somehow important to Watanuki, I wonder if the wish will end up being used for a TRC character or purpose. Haven't been following XXXHolic very well, so if something has been revealed or throws that theory out the window, I apologize. :-p

I'd see death as a high possibility, though I find it difficult to believe it could occur to one of the four main TRC travelors with the others having a happy ending. CLAMP already said one character will not have a happy ending when talking about TRC. Perhaps an XXXHolic would not be excluded from that since the two series are going to tie more closely together from here on out. I still feel it'll be one of the Syaorans, but it could also include any number of minor characters, Fei Wong Reed or Ashura-ou...

Uozumi
March 08, 2007, 02:30 AM
I wonder if in his heart, Watanuki wanted friends. I mean one of the most drastic of changes besides the mental maturing that he has done is gain many friends. From the scant backstory we've seen of his life, I'd suppose he was quite lonely leading up to Yuuko's shop. His only friend that we're aware of is the ghost boy, and it's implied he distances himself from his guardians.

Hardysmidgen
March 08, 2007, 02:55 AM
I agree. He does seem lonely and the changing of his heart line seems to implie that he's already been able to ease that lonliness at least somewhat through the people and spirits he's met. If that was the true wish, then maybe when it came time to actually make it, he could use it for others as he did with the egg...given his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he sacrificed his original/true wants for something else that benefited others. Though since it is supposed to be his true wish, I think he'd really have to want what he wished for...

Part of me wonders if Himawari's "bad luck" will shift or be altered if/when Sakura loses her favor from the gods (good luck)...

TsubasaCrazy
March 08, 2007, 03:29 AM
i'm getting nerous now the thing that Yuko was holding that looked like a container or glass. it reminds me of the place Sakura and Syaraon are trapped in the beginning of the first chapter of the series. and if it is why does yuko have something like that. will she separate them from being with each other? will that scene in the beginning be the end of the series i pray not.
what was black mokona talking about that domkei has to see for the last moment... alot of scary news will everyone be okay in the end?

Hardysmidgen
March 08, 2007, 01:55 PM
I don't think it could be the ending of the series...perhaps it's the ending they are trying to prevent and as a result we will see it, but CLAMP said only one person will have an unhappy ending and I'd say that the two trapped on either side would make for more than one unhappy person. Perhaps it's symbolic for when Sakura separates and goes to another world? Or perhaps when she does, she'll be captured since she'll have lost her luck?

yira_heerai
March 08, 2007, 09:30 PM
Most bookstores should carry it. Barnes and Noble has it on their site. They accept pay pal for those who don't want to use a credit card or an e-check like me.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?SRT=A&z=y&SZE=10&WRD=xxxHolic&Go&#37;21.x=23&Go%21.y=10

Thank you, link added

Allashandra
March 15, 2007, 01:15 AM
Well the latest chapter of xxxHolic is out this week. Discuss and predict away!

Tamerlane
March 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
This chapter was a good one again.

I am worried about Watanuki now....randomly passing out is never a good thing. And Yuukos concern for him and her warning not to leave the shop sounded really bad....

o.o

You think that there is a possibility that Fai's and Watanuki's futures are somehow connected? Yuukos warning to him comes at a time when in TRC there is almost a certain foreshadowing of something happening to Fai. *lets imagination wander*

Julia-the-Great
March 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
I know that Tsubasa is supposed to be 2/3 done, but what about xxxHolic? Any word on how long CLAMP plans on making it? Because they way that Yuuko keeps talking about the "final moment" almost sounds like xxxHolic is wrapping itself up, but I suppose "wrapping up" could be another 1/3 of the complete story.

ibra87
March 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
I know that Tsubasa is supposed to be 2/3 done, but what about xxxHolic? Any word on how long CLAMP plans on making it? Because they way that Yuuko keeps talking about the "final moment" almost sounds like xxxHolic is wrapping itself up, but I suppose "wrapping up" could be another 1/3 of the complete story.
As far as I'm concerned these two manga are connected, so they'll probably end at the same time. I think there's a possibility that xxxHOLIC will continue some more though. Maybe until Himawari's curse is removed or something like that.
And every xxxHOLIC chapter is some chapters ahead of TRC and that's why they take big breaks, like this one ;___;

And this chapter was really good. Everything Watanuki gave to his Doumeki and Himawari (the bird and the gloves) disappeared, I wonder what that means. Maybe he'll die? oO Like Tamerlane I think it has something to do with Fye. Maybe the "final moment" will include Ashura-ou.

And what's with everything happening all of a sudden. First the egg from Sakura becoming two, then the barrier weakening, then the shop is about to disappear (well, something like that) and now Watanuki's fainting. All this indicates that the end is coming pretty soon. It's hard to believe that still 1/3 is left :darn

ibra87
March 18, 2007, 05:45 PM
Perhaps it's just as Pevee said. I think it's just to show us that Watanuki is special. Having the mirror succeed wouldn't be as eye-catching as it failing (since Yuuko seems so weird and all-knowing right when we see her) and it would not be very smart of Clamp to reveal information on Watanuki in one chapter when they can stretch it out (and make it much more interesting, I guess).

bakashijinsan
March 19, 2007, 08:43 AM
Great chapter as usual. Everything seems to be building up to the end that yuuko is mentioning. And I share the same sentiments as Julia-the-Great. The way Yuuko-san is saying that the final moment is nearing, the more it seemed that xxxholic is ending in soon.

The manga gave a hint that Watanuki is like the main man in something like a great event. Now, it seems that the major arc of the manga will start unraveling itself.

What I'd like to see are the effect of the short arcs that we had before for main storyline. I'm sure they have more impact to it than what it has already presented.

Tamerlane
March 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
Updated the first post with the new Holic schedule....looks like it is going to be a bit before we see a new chapter.

x_x

Julia-the-Great
March 27, 2007, 12:00 PM
Holy cow, that IS a long wait for new xxxHolic. :( That makes me a little sad. I do hope that Tsubasa is extra awesome to make up for the lack of xxxHolic, and by the looks of things, it will be.

Tamerlane
April 04, 2007, 12:30 PM
Updated again with the most recent schedule. Looks like we are going to start again this month. ^___^

Uozumi
April 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks. It's great to know there'll be one out this week :D

Camena
April 25, 2007, 12:51 AM
Be sure to check out the xxxHolic 133 RTS Thread for information about translations and scanlations, found here. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11702)

I found the online scanlation at http://groups.msn.com/eXeXeXHOLiCManga/welcome.msnw

I was wondering if anyone else read it yet? The next chapter is coming out this week. I can't wait. Watanuki is one of my favorite characters EVER! Even more than Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura/Tsubasa: RC and that's saying a lot.

Thread hijacked, now the official 133 thread.

Tamerlane
April 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
Well the newest chapter of Holic is out today. You can go here (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12054) to find all the translations and scans.

this post is being created before the translation is out yet but I can not wait to see what the conversation between Watanuki and Sakura is. And what is up with Yuuko disappearing like that? Is she gone forever now?

o_o

ibra87
April 25, 2007, 05:16 PM
Umm, I really liked this chapter (still, I have to admit it was short!). Clarifies some things from last chapter, like the butterfly Haruka was talking about. Never though it would be Yuuko!

Great to have Sakura come to the Holic world, hopefully Watanuki will be able to meet her some more in his dreams. I wonder who's dream it is though, but I guess we will never get to know, since it doesn't matter it seems.

And where is Watanuki headed? :O

Pevee
April 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
i'm confused, very confused....
so Sakura is in dream world, in which all dreams are connected, and Watanuki is also in one??
"...butterfly i know well is having a dream" clarify that for me, would someone?

advisercookie
May 03, 2007, 05:24 PM
If Watanuki gets to meet Sakura more maybe he will be the one who helps her find one of her feathers...just speculation but that would be cool. I also think that since some of the previous chapters talked of prophetic dreams maybe Yuuko disappearing in the dream symbolizes something happening and the shop falling apart/causing the shop to disappear (as its suggested that might be happening in the story).

ruin777
May 07, 2007, 09:28 AM
yah know, it's interesting to note that the clow card' THE DREAM' from CCS anime takes the form of a butterfly before it was captured. perhaps we can finally see a CCS sakura cross with xxxHolic?
(so many butterflies in xxxHolic XD)

amogme
May 16, 2007, 08:35 PM
I know it's been a while since 134 came out, but I have been re-reading the last few chapters while waiting for 135. A few things occurred to me while I read these again, and I had to put it out somewhere, so I am very glad I found the discussion thread! They could be very far-off, but here are my speculations:

I think someone made the observation that the butterfly is Yuuko? That is true, I think, but then what about the boy Haruka is talking about--or is it really just an example? I got the feeling, however, that Haruka is saying something more meaningful than a metaphor. I was thinking, perhaps Watanuki is that boy and he is (or is in) Yuuko's dream.

Watanuki would be, then, like Sakura: in the dream world as a soul with no body. This could have something to do with why he sees "youkai" as well as his wish. Perhaps he can see them because he is, or is like, one of them. Then the fulfillment of his wish would to get a "body," or becoming human, would it not? In this sense, Doumeki would play a key part in that; Watanuki receives part of his eye, his blood, etc, and as Kohane said, they are "merging." But in what way, I wonder? And to what end?

These speculations may have also been influenced by the "bell-client," a girl who didn't know she was a ghost--could Watanuki be like her? More than that, though, and more than Haruka's cryptic words in chapter 133, is chapter 132 that makes me particularly anxious. The world just sort of stops for Watanuki, and Doumeki and Himawari go on without him--absolutely without him. It is as if Watanuki had never been there at all; they aren't wearing the gloves he gave them, and Tanpopo isn't there.

From that point on, there is a strange seamlessness in the following chapters, with one moment scene flowing into the next without rhyme or reason--like a dream. Of course, the scene in 132 might have been some strange overlapping of "worlds," but then Yuuko reaches out to Watanuki, as he stands there. Yuuko says he fainted, but I find that somewhat hard to believe; one moment Watanuki is standing, and the next lying in bed. He is in bed a lot at Yuuko's shop, don't you think? I don't think I have seen his house once (I could be wrong, perhaps it is showed in earlier chapters).

In retrospect, xxxHolic has had the strange transitions between scenes quite often, in my opinion, but I tried not to let it bother me too much. It's really getting to me now, though, especially with the last two chapters. In 133 they are partying, and suddenly he is in a dream? I found that particularly strange.

In a sense, this reminds me of Kingdom Hearts II (spoilers for those who haven't played it, intend to play it, or haven't played it through!) and the parallel Twilight Town. Watanuki would be like Roxas, an incomplete being. Yuuko would be like Ansem, in a sense, creating a parallel "world" (the dream world) to kind of cultivate him in until he becomes whole. I am not the first one who made this observation, but in many ways xxxHolic and Tsubasa are like the KH-verse, what with all the multiple worlds and weird dreams and such.

This all could be, and quite likely is wild speculation all caused by the anxieties that hit me in chapter 132; the idea that Watanuki isn't really a part of Doumeki and Himawari's lives, that he is removable, frightens me. He is annoying as fuck, but I love him to bits! I will probably come to be entirely wrong with all this, but I can see how it might fit into xxxHolic's story.

Hurrah for crazy theories? This has turned out to be absolutely too long, but perhaps someone will read this and give me feedback :darn I don't want to think I am entirely crazy!

ibra87
May 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
The new chapter of xxxHOLIC is now available. You can find everything here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13112).

Looks like a chapter looking to explain things to all who don't read Tsubasa Chronicles, a conversation between Sakura and Watanuki (thanks to Ashura_sama's translation for the spoilers). But we do get to know more about Watanuki plus it's a cute chapter so I guess that means no room for complaining.

ibra87
May 16, 2007, 09:18 PM
Good speculation there amogme. It's very possible that your theory is correct.

Excuse me for this short response, but it's 4 am and I can't seem seem to think right so in short: I don't think that Watanuki is an incomplete being or just a soul. When he's in a dream world, I think it's because his soul alone goes into there leaving his body behind.

The reason I think that fainted had something to do with the decisions taken by the guys from TRC and Fei Wong. I think he has something to do with the horrible future Sakura is afraid of and by changing the future she is making him disappear along with it.

Then again this a wild speculation too, and you never know what Clamp might be thinking. And why do you say Watanuki is annoying, he's just not honest about his feelings :D

amogme
May 17, 2007, 01:23 AM
I like your theory better, because I don't want Watanuki to be incomplete, even if it means he and Doumeki are like, one. That and I like your theory better because it likely makes more sense--I wouldn't know, I Haven't read TRC since the first book! Which is really very silly of me, since I love CLAMP. So I honestly have no idea about the current TRC storyline, though I am certain it affects xxxHolic. Yours is not too wild, I think. I tend to look too much into things.

As for Watanuki, I didn't find him particularly annoying until I saw the xxxHolic movie, like seeing that in action. I'm not saying that he is annoying as a whole, but just his reactions. They are funny, sure, but think about actually having a friend like that. I mean, if I were Doumeki, I might slap him. Then love him to bits! Mu ha ha! It is his, er, lack of honesty that I find rather endearing, actually :tem

Julia-the-Great
May 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
For those of us who do read TRC, the birthday thing is making my mind go in circles. Because after I read that, I remembered that Sakura gave Clone Syaoron her birthday when they were children because he didn't have one, so I said "Oh yeah... I forgot about that."

But then the more I thought about it, how does Sakura even remember that? She's supposed to have forgotten everything about the clone from that time of her life. So I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Dream World. Very curious...

Camena
June 02, 2007, 03:59 AM
But then the more I thought about it, how does Sakura even remember that? She's supposed to have forgotten everything about the clone from that time of her life. So I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Dream World. Very curious...

In an earlier volume of TRC, Sakura regained a memory of one of her birthdays. It was really sad since clone!Syaoran was missing from the memory!

Anyway...back on topic... I would just like to take a moment to say that I really liked this chapter because it shows how much Watanuki has grown since the beginning of the series. I love Watanuki! He's one of my top five favorite anime/manga characters of all time!

Darklight0303
June 06, 2007, 03:55 PM
Just wondering when do we get the next chapter:huh

ibra87
June 06, 2007, 04:01 PM
Next week. (Usually) You can check when in xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7204) thread.

Darklight0303
June 06, 2007, 04:15 PM
Thx didn't know it had been updated:p

bax
June 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
The latest chapter (137) is out!! Get it HERE (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13962)!!!

After reading, go ahead and discuss the chapter here :amuse Oh, you can make predictions for the chapter 138 in here too :amuse

Happy discussing/predicting :)

ImotoChan
June 15, 2007, 10:07 AM
ah finally! an xxxHolic chapter! have been waiting for this for a while! the gaps between chapter releases for this series is getting a bit ridiculous.. I sometimes don't remember what happened in the previous chapter and have to read back..

but this chapter didn't really give me any impact.. the plot at the moment seems to be revolving around Kohane-chan in the material world, and I'm not sure about the importance of Kohane-chan to the whole situation when I'm DYING to find out about Watanuki's connection to Tsubasa's plotline..

however, it did kinda made me wanna find out what happened to Kohane-chan, all wrapped up in bandages like that..

ibra87
June 15, 2007, 11:05 AM
I agree. But we did get a clue on that all of Sakura, Syaoran and Watanuki's birthdays are on the 1st of april, which makes them somehow related.

poor Kohane, with that mother of hers, she can't stop going to televisions and people are starting to hate her. I wonder what the price the mother'll have to pay is O_O

ImotoChan
June 17, 2007, 04:46 AM
I agree. But we did get a clue on that all of Sakura, Syaoran and Watanuki's birthdays are on the 1st of april, which makes them somehow related.

poor Kohane, with that mother of hers, she can't stop going to televisions and people are starting to hate her. I wonder what the price the mother'll have to pay is O_O

Omg what you said reminded me of what Yuuko said in the first chapter of xxxHolic, about how even a chunk of soul could be posed as a price to pay.. Seeing that Kohane-chan's mother is making Kohane-chan go through so many sufferings (she's in bandages, for heaven's sake!) and not letting her do much of what she wants, I'd say a big piece of her soul would definitely fit as a price..

And the April 1st discovery wasn't so much of a big thing to me, because I've been keeping up with Tsubasa and xxxHolic and I noticed that Watanuki, Syaoran and Sakura must be somehow related ever since it was mentioned that Watanuki actually spells out April 1st.

However, it's Clamp, so I don't think I'll ever be disappointed. The only thing of Clamp that has put me off was the fact that they paired Subaru with Seishirou.. Not such a fan of yaoi.. And I like the TRC Seishirou! :(

mizuki13
June 22, 2007, 04:49 AM
I just HOPE that clamp wont play a prank like April fool (he hehe) but may b Watanuki might related to Saoran somehow coz Shoran even make a payment for Watanuki as well.
Yeah poor Kohane chan T-T and hope the nxt chapter will be more details - -"

bax
June 22, 2007, 05:43 PM
The latest chapter (138) is out!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14390)!!!

After reading, go ahead and discuss the chapter here :amuse Oh, you can make predictions for the chapter 138 in here too :amuse

Happy discussing/predicting :)

ibra87
June 23, 2007, 08:45 AM
Not much happened. We just get to see how poor Kohane lives nowadays with threat calls every day and how gloomy her life with her mom is. And the mother still doesn't understand anything at all, like she is one of the normal people >.<

I think next chapter her mother will be put to stop, at least I hope so. Watanuki will probably try telling her that Kohane is right, but she won't believe him and after that I can't think of anything really.

Warrd
June 23, 2007, 09:17 AM
her mom shocked :pwned,

zerocharisma
June 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
Doumeki's interesting in this chapter. Very understated as usual. He gets tea from Kohane and pats her head--I think that's to prove that she's not a ghost. Then he gives Kohane's mom a look...

z.

Ewino
June 24, 2007, 01:03 AM
I don't really think it proves kohane-chan not being a ghost... doumeki can sense, see and feel ghosts quite good by now in my opinion... (don't know if you can pat a ghost on her head though...)

ImotoChan
June 24, 2007, 08:18 AM
Hah.. I never thought of Kohane-chan being a ghost.. Always just as a medium..

Anyways, another short chapter! And yay for Doumeki! You just stay as the cool, I-don't-talk-much guy that you are! *much love~*

Evil mum, that woman!! She doesn't deserve to be called a mother!! I wonder what happened to the dad.. And it doesn't help that she gets the last panel as a close-up.. Made me hate her even more, the expression she was giving.. Poor Kohane-chan!!

Overall, this chapter gave me more impact than the previous one.. Maybe it was because I was a ta~d bit upset that Clamp wasn't gonna give anymore clues to the xxxHolic-Tsubasa relationship.. ><

Anyways, predictions: Well, can't really predict anything of Clamp.. They specialise in surprising their fans.. But! I do hope Kohane-chan's problem gets fixed.. And those threat calls! I think there's more to them than empty threats.. I hope they get to the bottom of that.. Why would anyone want Kohane-chan dead? They're entitled to hate her or think she's a lousy medium, but to want her dead? Why?

Ja~ ^^

sahugani
July 04, 2007, 02:27 PM
The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the downloads and releases HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14889).

Read through it and come back here to discuss amongst yourselves the events of the chapter and what you think will happen next.

Enjoy :D

ibra87
July 05, 2007, 08:05 AM
Looks like Watanuki is getting closer and closer to disappearing from this world. Even though the mother didn't realize it, she actually saved him from it. That would probably explain why Yuuko answered Watanuki's question with "maybe" when he asked if it was a dream.
Finally Kohane stood up to her mother. Then again not really, but still a great pleasure to see someone stand up to her.

Then this chapter's biggest question is: What is Yuuko's wish? I have no idea what one of the world's strongest witches could possibly wish for, and unfortunately I doubt tht Clamp will answer our question next week.

myth0logy
July 05, 2007, 06:57 PM
Yuuko probably won't even tell her wish, and will most likely give a comment which will show Watanuki falling on his face with a "wtf!!" expression.

anybody know what that powder was that the mother threw? It didn't really look like it'd be a pepper, but at least it didn't look like it would eat Watanuki alive.

starwarsfan1
July 06, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hello, I'm new here, I just finished Volume 8 (not in the website though). Do you know which chapter is tht begining of volume 9)?I gonna in the online reading anyhow Anyway, thanks for it (oh I see it's 97, so nevermind about the question)

ImotoChan
July 07, 2007, 01:29 AM
It's kind of amazing for Watanuki to be wondering what Yuuko wishes, because frankly, I didn't even think about it. What more to be thinking that in his condition.. Really, what WOULD Yuuko like? It's probably got something to do with the end of the series, when it will collaborate with the TRC ending..

And I thought it was hot water that the mother threw? That was really dangerous.. I'm so glad Kohane-chan stood up for Watanuki! Although she did look a bit scary.. Go Kohane-chan!

Oh I do hope Watanuki doesn't disappear from the world.. We need more people like him..

Next chappie please~ ^^

TSUBASA171
July 09, 2007, 02:12 AM
If you have spoilers for the next xxxHOLIC chapter feel free to post and discuss them in this thread only. We would like to avoid spoiling people who don't want to be spoiled by posting spoilers in discussion/prediction thread. Spoilers for next chapter can usually be found at Ashura-sama's livejournal (http://Ashura_sama.livejournal.com).

If you find a spoiler there that hasn't been posted yet, feel free to do so.

Have fun discussing :amuse

~ ibra87
============================================================

Spoiller ahead :##################################################################
Black and white Mokonas in the cover.

After being splashed with boiling water by Kohane's mother, Watanuki is looked after at Yuuko's shop. What is that appeared inside the sleep that once more claimed him...!?

It was Sakura's soul. Floating in midair like a tennyo, she starts talking to Watanuki. (T/N: Tennin and tennyo.)
I can't do anything, but at least I'm allowed to worry. Because Fai (formerly Yuui) won't let me.

After revealing to Watanuki the details of the dream she saw.

Sakura: I ended up doing nothing but making "Shaoran"-kun sad...
Watanuki: If I'm similar to "Shaoran"-kun, I think he'd like you to say the truth.

However, the subject of parents is touched in the conversation, and Watanuki cannot remember.
Similarly, he is surrounded by Shaoran's figure. Something is murmured as he blacks out.

He is returned to the real world.

Doumeki: ... You, come back. Come back and quickly go to sleep.
Watanuki: ... Doumeki... I... don't know... my father's and my mother's names...

The words "don't disappear" that were raised, the parents' names that he cannot remember. The deepening enigma, the endless illusion, where will they lure Watanuki!?

Font: http://www.tsubasachronicle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5081

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxxholic01c0203ye6.png

I don't understand.... this isn't the Clow's staff? So, XXXHolic is happening before Cardcaptors? Because this staff does belong to Clow, doesn't?

rose
July 09, 2007, 03:05 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxxholic01c0203ye6.png

I don't understand.... this isn't the Clow's staff? So, XXXHolic is happening before Cardcaptors? Because this staff does belong to Clow, doesn't?

Yuuko tells Watanuki that the wand is a plastic replica and that it needs cards to work properly. (at least that's what Del Rey's version says...)

TSUBASA171
July 09, 2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks!!! You really help me with this doubt !!!
[hr]
People in the web says: maybe Watanuki is Eriol's son...
Yuuko says: In Nihon, a Shaoran and Sakura are alive, too.
When them cross dimensions, Kuro find two diferent Tomoyos... But none of them find a replica of them own... In almost all dimensions they find the "same people, but with diferent lives" ( at least the same soul...) I don't know if I make me clear...Oh my God Clamp is killing me +_+

mokney
July 10, 2007, 01:12 AM
would be a real kick in the pants if her wish has something to do with watanuki...

ibra87
July 10, 2007, 06:48 AM
would be a real kick in the pants if her wish has something to do with watanuki...

I think it's just like Imotochan said, it has something to do with the end so I'm sure it Watanuki is involved. And the shop is probably a tool to fulfill that wish.

bax
July 11, 2007, 01:42 PM
The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the downloads and releases HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15206).

Read through it and come back here to discuss amongst yourselves the events of the chapter and what you think will happen next.

Enjoy :D

TSUBASA171
July 11, 2007, 02:26 PM
I still think Watanuki is Clow... Clow and Yuuko, both of them made something to try to protect Sakura and Shaoran... perhaps this consume a great energy power of him...I imagine that, a way to conect cardcaptors and tsubasa: in xxx holic's world he and yuuko cast a sort of spell, i don't know.... suppose, he comes back to Cardcaptors' world had that dialogue with Kero and Yue about his death, lock the book and and split his soul... That action is the beging to Sakura's dad and Eriol...and maybe for Watanuki...
This is just a theory... That's why Yuuko protects Watanuki so much.
2 questions: 1- why none of "the feathers hunters" found a copy of yours in anywhere? Kuro found 2 diferent Tomoyo s for example... 2- Watanuki said in one of chapter: "Yuuko said that here live one Sakura and one Shaoran too... I hope can I meet them ... (or something like this...) perhaps they are from Card captors. (Nihon is Nihon, and is the same time, i think) But I really think: Exists just one Yuuko and one Clow (and he splits his soul)

Deien
July 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
I'm just interested to see if she says anything about her wish in the next chapter.

DulceDream
July 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
Sorry?but can anyone say when every chapters of xxxHolic are go out?

Mirri
July 13, 2007, 07:57 AM
Well, after reading Tsubasa's post and reading 140, the emphasis on Watanuki's parents makes me believe that he -may- be Yuuko's son, but that's just a wild guess. I really haven't put too much thought in to it, I like to just read the chapters and be surprised.

zerocharisma
July 13, 2007, 12:33 PM
What if that's a piece of fluorite instead of an egg Doumeki has? How would that affect what might happen to Watanuki?

z.

TsubasaCrazy
July 13, 2007, 11:44 PM
Watanuki can't remember his parents. Make u wonder is he special like the clone Syaroan. He as to be a real person cause that would really suck and Clamp is just having funny with us all.
[hr]

What if that's a piece of fluorite instead of an egg Doumeki has? How would that affect what might happen to Watanuki?

z.

they look similar.

jenova
July 14, 2007, 04:02 AM
I wonder who or what watanuki really is. For twice he was warned by someone not to disappear or something. I think that he might be some form of creation through magic, rather than a real human. Reminds me of Yue somehow(who would disappear when sakura's magic wane)though I doubt Watanuki's case is similar.

TSUBASA171
July 17, 2007, 10:27 PM
I wonder who or what watanuki really is. For twice he was warned by someone not to disappear or something. I think that he might be some form of creation through magic, rather than a real human. Reminds me of Yue somehow(who would disappear when sakura's magic wane)though I doubt Watanuki's case is similar.
I think he is Clow...perhaps he and Yuuko planned all this...or at leas had visions about all the story, FWR, Shaoran, Sakura.... At least, we have 2 Clow s...Sakura's daddy and The one who created Kero and Yue...right? Sakura and Shaoran aren't relatives. Maybe, Eriol and Sakura's father (cardcaptors) are the one who created the book, cards... And Watanuki is Clow for the other dimension. Yuuko protects Watanuki because of that...
One question of a 10000: Why does Yuuko has the shop? Is it a punnishment to her? Think: see all this fight and sadness and can't do nothing about it, or choose some ways and make someone sad (Kuro)...I don't know

Deien
July 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
I don't think its a punishment for Yuuko, things are fated to happen after all, so its part of her fate to be who she is and do what she does. I've given up hope of complete understanding, as I was lost on Cardcaptor things @_@, but I think we'll get a better understanding of just how Yuuko came to be.

bakacoconut
July 21, 2007, 03:52 AM
Firstly, let me say how intimidating it is to post a new thread that isn't a discussion thread for a chapter! If only mods are allowed to post threads, go ahead anddelete this please!

Now to the point. Has anyone else read Gohou/Legal/Lawful Drug? Does anyone else think it might have a tad bit more relevance than cameos? I'm not sure if I'm spoiling anything, if so, again, feel free to delete! But Gohou Drug has already had two cameos in XXXHolic, and Kakei keeps saying that whoever took Tsukiko has got to be really powerful. Also, Tsukiko's apparently more powerful than he is, so whoever took her must be even more powerful, right? But do you think that perhaps CLAMP has the series on hold not only because they're doing XXXHolic and Tsubasa at the same time (way to go guys!), but because it may also tie into their storyline? It's already tied into XXXHolic's storyline with something important (The high moon vase(spoiler?)) once, so why not again? Also, there's a similarity between the two series that's just weird. Kakei said he opened the store to protect Kazahaya and the people he cares about. Yuko opened her shop for Watanuki. Kakei is a precog, and Yuko is a fourtune teller at the very least. Not to mention the similarity between Kazahaya and Watanuki, and the similarity between Rikuo and Doumeki. Just pointing these things out.

Am I just being hopeful?! probably.... -_-

Any thoughts?

Nami
July 24, 2007, 10:31 PM
Heh, no worries.

Your thought does make sense.
Clamp has did the crossover thing for these 2 series - xxxholic and tsr, and others too. And at some point, even Yuko's friend Clow Reed, was the one who invented the cards in Cardcaptor Sakura, and also the one who did the two mokanas.

I won't be surprised if there are more parallels to be seen in future.
What do the rest of you think?

p.s. moved this to xxxholic section.

myth0logy
July 26, 2007, 10:31 PM
there is ~-_WAAAAY_-~ too many "no chapter" areas on that schedule

Nami
July 30, 2007, 10:33 AM
The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the Latest Downloads and Releases HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16125).

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next. :hbunny

Yachiru
July 30, 2007, 05:47 PM
I also like this theory. I think it could happen.

ImotoChan
July 31, 2007, 05:38 AM
Waa~ What happened? I can't read Japanese.. :crying

But I don't see a direct connection to what is going on over at Tsubasa RC.. So is this another ~holic story?

Ah well can't say much for the chapter at the moment, have to wait for the scanlation..

farseerdk
August 01, 2007, 03:34 PM
basically they go fishing, watanuki can't catch anything and doukomei (sp?) teases him for it and gets watanuki's usualy overblown response. It starts to rain and they try to seek shelter in a nearby in. A little girl tells them to leave, as they try to, they bump into the other hostesses who turn out to be scary spirit bird thingies. They run away and doukomei chucks something at them and those two are somehow able to get away. He claims it's bird feed but that's probably BS... there's some comedy at the end to do with chickens...

anyway, it seems like 141 has absofrigglutely nothing to do with TRC at a glance. In 140 we had some Sakura/Watanuki dialogue (remember that Sakura's soul is now in a dream world after being stabbed by fai, so Watanuki can meet sakura in his dreams), but here we have nothing. Unless the bird incident is some huge setup for something more significant, this appears to be filler. All the fangirls on Tsubasa Forums are all goin "kyaaaaaaaaa" over the douki/watanuki moments... I couldn't take it so i came over here -_-.

Btw i fail to see the connection between 140 and 141. 140 ends with watanuki going "I don't know my parent's names!", which opened up a whole can of worms, but it seems those have been entirely forgotten in 141... I hope in 142 we can see some answers as to what watanuki meant by he doesn't know his parent's names...

Has he merely forgotten them? (hard to believe, even if you're young you still remember your parents' names...)
Or is it that he doesn't have parents/he is not human?

The latter, in my opinion, is much more interesting as it reraises the question of "just what exactly IS watanuki?". All the spirits seem to be saying things like "your existance is the rarest of all" or "you are truely unique". These things COULD be taken merely to mean "you are unusually kind" or "your spirit powers are unusually strong" or it could mean something entirely different.

So I hope we see some answers to that, though i doubt it as we may be heading into a bit of a filler arc in xxxHolic in order to TRC to get through those 12345678 chapters of action/flashback...

But the biggest current question in 141 remains...

WTF IS WITH THE BIRDS?!?!

farseerdk
August 01, 2007, 03:41 PM
I haven't read that manga... but i think the possibility for additional crossovers is very high. I do except to see some direct crossover with CCS later on in the whole holic/trc storyline... as yuko does mention early on that she "has yet to meet that cute girl and her boyfriend, but i will". This leads me to believe that (theory 101 coming up lol) the Sakura and Syaoran in Yuko's world are the Sakura and Syaoran from CSS... which means Yuko's "world" is the same "world" as the CSS "world". Chronolically where xxxholic fits with css is a mystery of course but... that's my thoughts

anyway, back on topic, yah it's very possible to see multiple series crossovers with more than just characters or token events, although i highley doubt the crossover will be to the extent that xxxholic and trc crossover.

Mirri
August 01, 2007, 08:44 PM
Hopefully sometime we will get a resume of Legal Drug, but I don't think that it has much relevance to xxxHolic.

I haven't read that manga... but i think the possibility for additional crossovers is very high. I do except to see some direct crossover with CCS later on in the whole holic/trc storyline... as yuko does mention early on that she "has yet to meet that cute girl and her boyfriend, but i will". This leads me to believe that (theory 101 coming up lol) the Sakura and Syaoran in Yuko's world are the Sakura and Syaoran from CSS... which means Yuko's "world" is the same "world" as the CSS "world". Chronolically where xxxholic fits with css is a mystery of course but... that's my thoughts
I don't think that it's the same world as Cardcaptor Sakura. I'm pretty sure that when Yuuko mentioned Sakura and Syaoran, she was referring to the ones from the Clow Country, not the ones from the Cardcaptor Sakura world.

It's possible that Yuuko and Watanuki are from the same world as CCS's Sakura and Syaoran, but I don't think that it's probable. I don't think that we'll encounter any (more, in the case of Syaoran) clones of main characters in any worlds.

A further crossover with Legal Drug to the point of intertwining stories would be awesome though. A lovely dream would be for TRC To end, and then instead of xxxHolic simultaneously ending, xxxHolic continues on with a crossover with Legal Drug, or even on its own. I can't imagine not having more xxxHolic :(

hajiki
August 06, 2007, 12:45 AM
this is a complete shot in the dark, and i came up with it at the weirdest of times (washing dishes XD), but maybe the lapses in watanuki's memory are because he isn't "himself" at those times. what if he is someone else? what if there is a different "watanuki" that surfaces randomly? i dunno. i think it's a pretty cool concept, and the way clamp is going right now, i wouldn't put anything past them.

Velvet_Rain_Dropz
August 07, 2007, 09:31 AM
Clamp sure is good at making us curious about what will happen next. ^^
And i think this chapter has nothing to do with TRC. ^^
I'm curious about different "watanuki". And i do think it's cool! ^^
Can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

ImotoChan
August 19, 2007, 10:43 AM
So... when's Chapter 142 coming out again?

Nami
August 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
That would be Aug 20, I guess. :)

bax
August 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the Latest Downloads and Releases HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17008).

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next. :hbunny

ImotoChan
August 20, 2007, 06:40 AM
Oh cool! It's updated! *gasp* That's today! Thanks guys!

ImotoChan
August 20, 2007, 07:03 AM
Ara~ Still no TRC connection in this one.. I was quite surprised to see Watanuki-kun with Himawari-chan by themselves; what happened to Doumeki-kun? He always pops up.. I'm quite intrigued by the creature that took the flask (?). But usually when some creatured appears, Watanuki-kun would ask Yuuko about it and I didn't see Yuuko for the last two chapters (or more? I can't remember)..

Right now I'm not so sure of what they're saying.. I can only pick out the hiraganas, katakans, and a bit of kanji for my own understanding, so I'll wait for the scanlation..

Julia-the-Great
August 20, 2007, 09:23 AM
That last thing about him not sampling his food is just making my head go crazy. Does Watanuki not eat? Surely we must have seen him eating at some point. Gah, stupid theories that everyone is coming up with about Watanuki... they're making ME go all theory-crazy. Please, somebody disprove me so that I can stop wondering whether or not he eats... (because that's the only reason I can come up with as to why they'd highlight the fact that he doesn't sample what he cooks...)

InvaderKrag
August 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
He did seem pretty damned shaken up by the question. Maybe it's just that he's always cooking for other people and doesn't even think of the possibility of having some for himself...

And he does eat, remember him having some of the stuff Himawari-chan brought for him? All those times where he says like "Oh this is soo good himawari-chan!" and she says "I bought it" and he's like "Oh, well you heated it up really well!" He definitely eats...I dunno.

ImotoChan
August 21, 2007, 08:40 AM
Kya~ A clue!

Watanuki-kun looked quite shocked about the sampling deal, didn't he? It kinda reminded me about the forgotten parents' name, two chapters back.. He was quite startled to be asked such a thing.. It looked as if he had been hit with realisation.. But what exactly did he realise? Just that he doesn't sample his food? Or is it cause he, for some strange reason, just knows it would be good, so he cooked it subconsiously? Ara~ So many theories, only one brain..

Julia-the-Great
August 21, 2007, 09:26 PM
And he does eat, remember him having some of the stuff Himawari-chan brought for him? All those times where he says like "Oh this is soo good himawari-chan!" and she says "I bought it" and he's like "Oh, well you heated it up really well!" He definitely eats...I dunno.

OK, thanks. I was sure I'd seen him eat, I just couldn't remember when.

But still. This is very mysterious. I'm not sure why they'd show us that kind of reaction if it wasn't important somehow.

howi
August 25, 2007, 02:17 AM
Folks,

Greetings.

After reading the #142 and posts in this thread, a few things I want to share with you...

* Perhaps Domeki is not around, it makes Tanpopo a little exhausted to keep Watanuki & Himawari out of harms / bad luck.

* The cover text and the impressions of Yuuko when Watanuki asked for her own wish, leads me to speculate if Yuuko has been wishing for a successor / apprentice to take over her store. Perhaps, Yuuko understands that Watanuki is destined to be the "one". Remember, she once said that Watanuki seems getting along with Mokona, Moro and Maru so much; he's hard-working and determined... But why? Does Yuuko rather wants to be "linear" in one time and space? Getting tired of granting wishes? I do not even qualify to guess as I have not gone through all other CLAMP series (or, perhaps, there is no need to).

* If Watanuki can really replace Yuuko's position, meaning he has possessed certain potential powers to manipulate the time and dimension without even realizing himself. Of course, he is far from mastering it as his "day dreaming" / time-shifting paradoxes can be overwhelming... Stand-still / Seeing Domeki's grand-father in his "mind" while getting hurt by the boiling water, Cannot remember the names of his parents, have not tasted all the great food he is preparing for others.

bax
August 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the Latest Downloads and Releases HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17362).

howi
August 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
THanks~

So the boy is the one who's saved Watanuki from the creepy hands sticking out from the ground by the riverbank.

Then Watanuki has possessed the power to meet people in other "dimensions" - by "dreaming" of them. And, would "Don't Disappear!" actually means urging Watanuki not to loose himself in dreams, so he won't be "disappear" in his own world/time which may also cause problems to Sakura & Sayoran?!

ibra87
August 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
THanks~
And, would "Don't Disappear!" actually means urging Watanuki not to loose himself in dreams, so he won't be "disappear" in his own world/time which may also cause problems to Sakura & Sayoran?!

Could be in dreams, but it seems like more than just that, It looks like his spirit goes away every time he is about to disappear. And the one that seems to take most harm from that is Syaoran - somehow he is connected to Watanuki and doesn't want to let him die no matter what.

pirate-hitman:L
August 29, 2007, 09:20 PM
Watanuki is losing his mind. The whole chapter was a dream. And the don't disappear thing might mean his parents. Remember when he realized he didn't remember his parents' names?

howi
September 02, 2007, 11:43 PM
ibra87 / pirate-hitman:L,

Hmm, intriguing thoughts. However, I don't bet "Don't disappear" much on meaning Watanuki's parents. I buy in the speculation of his own spirit instead. It reminds me that spirit WON'T eat somehow... Remember, when Himawari assumed Watanuki has tasted his own great creation but only looked shocking as he hasn't tried his food himself at all.
[hr]
Folks,

I checked back with the chapters in Volume 4 (should be around #37 to #48). Though the storyline about the "boy" in manga and anime is slightly different (e.g. different monster), there is one common theme: "April 1st" is an important date and has a strong ties to many characters as hitsuzen. I guess it is better "not disappear".

Nami
September 03, 2007, 04:25 AM
*sob*

The latest chapter is out, go read it at the Latest RTS HERE. (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17709)

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next.

Sart
September 03, 2007, 09:45 AM
This chapter is.... strange. So, what is Yuuko's wish? And why was she so surprised? Any guesses?

Yachiru
September 03, 2007, 11:01 AM
Wow, this chapter is sad. I wanted to cry. ;_; XD

I think Yuuko's wish has something to do with Clow, but who knows?

crunchxbar
September 03, 2007, 12:22 PM
wow. . . . this is really confusing. but judging from the look of her face, which is normally rare, i think her wish is impossible to fufill. or sumthing like that. . . and what kinda of bond did she mean about syaoran and watanuki? and also, i know yuuko's symbol is a butterfly, but y does she have butterfly wings on her back? and so basically, everything was a dream for watanuki? im so confused. i cant wait till the next chapter when clamp makes things a little clearer.

howi
September 03, 2007, 01:26 PM
Folks,

I'm also moved by the chapter very much. Watanuki can be so sincere to help others without asking any pay-back, or even if it may risk his own life. That's something quite different from Yuuko's philosophy. Now, he's finally paying attention to himself, the meaning of his existence. While it looks sad to Watanuki for all the paradoxes - exists in both reality and dream, meeting many others and yet still lonely, making great foods and never know how good he's made... But by the end of this chapter, I rather find both Watanuki and Yuuko are comforting each other, showing their genuine gratitude to each other.

Now, I've got a few wierd thoughts:

* What if Yuuko is Watanuki's mother / creator?
* What is the "price" for Yuuko to tell about her real name is?
* What if Yuuko's wish is Watanuki to take over her place?

nekorose
September 03, 2007, 04:41 PM
In accordance with everyone else, it seems, I'm extremely confused... Can someone please explain to me which parts of Watanuki's life is supposedly a dream?

With this and all the Fai stuff in Tsubasa, it seems like it must be CLAMP's mission in life to confuse the heck out of us. :P

howi
September 04, 2007, 01:26 PM
nekorose,

Good question but I think only CLAMP knows at this point. However, I believe it isn't that really matter to the readers because if Watanuki could differentiate what he really "needs" and what he "wants" to do, his "dreams" will become "reality". So he's the one who decides: Changing his future and say goodbye to the past, or live in the past and stay away from the changing future.

My speculation for his sudden "doze-off" / day-dreaming is perhaps his reflex to avoid the bad things, getting hurt or killed right away.

crunchxbar,

Butterfly wings... Hmm... I've never really thought about that much because we all know all the strange costume Yuuko's got. However, it could also be a symbolic sign of "transforming" as well.

nekorose
September 04, 2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks, howi!

About the connection between Syaoran and Watanuki, I just had a thought that's probably been said before: Is it possible that Watanuki is some sort of clone of Clow, like Syaoran and his double? Of course, I also subscribe to the "Yuuko is Watanuki's mother" school of thought, and those two theories don't cooperate...

Yachiru
September 04, 2007, 06:30 PM
^About the Clow thing, I doubt it. He already has two reincarnations (Eriol and CCS!Sakura's dad), so I don't think he made a clone of himself too. That's going overboard.

nekorose
September 04, 2007, 08:59 PM
Ah, I never read CCS... ^^' But that's good to know, thanks!

ImotoChan
September 05, 2007, 08:58 AM
T_T I cried really bad at this chapter..

Watanuki-kun~

howi
September 05, 2007, 10:07 AM
nekorose,

Well, like Yachiru, I don't think Watanuki could be "another clone" of Clow... put it this way: the chance of being "another double" of Sayoran would be higher than that.

mitokomon
September 07, 2007, 04:24 AM
I don't think watanuki's a clone, but the fact, 'syaoran and watanuki are same' still confuses me... It might be, that they're both changing their futures, or what?! I am really stuck here. -_-'

Uozumi
September 10, 2007, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have the schedule for the comming month or two?

ibra87
September 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have the schedule for the comming month or two?

Done :amuse

Uozumi
September 10, 2007, 01:33 PM
Gwuh...I feel like the catalyst for bad news o_o But, thank you : D

Yolanee
September 11, 2007, 10:02 AM
no way...D: no chapters? Well...xx; we'll wait, we're used to TT xD

Yachiru
September 18, 2007, 05:56 PM
There's no chapter until the 15th of October. :(

ibra87
September 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
There's no chapter until the 15th of October. :(

No~ and to make matters worse, there is no Tsubasa this week. :(

ImotoChan
September 24, 2007, 05:04 AM
The 15th?? That's insane!! TT.TT I need my HOLiC dose.. Watanuki-kun..

alicia
September 27, 2007, 03:00 PM
thankzhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gifhttp://www.fotorazor.com/images/871060.gif

crunchxbar
September 28, 2007, 10:42 PM
y isn't it coming out??? that's so not fair. i can't wait till oct 15th. That's way too long. i can't even wait for a week for naruto, bleach, etc to come out. . . .T^T clamp is being unfair.

Uozumi
September 28, 2007, 11:07 PM
y isn't it coming out??? that's so not fair. i can't wait till oct 15th. That's way too long. i can't even wait for a week for naruto, bleach, etc to come out. . . .T^T clamp is being unfair.

xxxHOLiC is pretty much controlled by Tsubasa. CLAMP has to make sure neither series gets ahead of the other because of their intertwined plots. It'd be kind of weird if the creators themselves spoiled people for their own series.

Since it feels like we're heading towards the end of HOLiC, I wouldn't be surprised if huge waits like this started to occur more often.

ImotoChan
September 29, 2007, 04:27 AM
Agreed. Right now, I'm just happy they are at least still on TRC (and Watanuki-kun's appearance! How I've missed him so~). Imagine if they stopped drawing at all, that'll be terrible..