PDA

View Full Version : Are Black Dots on Pants an Indication of Something?

Isto
April 19, 2009, 06:13 PM
have anyone notice but many of the big names (maybe biggest) who have been introduced in shanbody archipelago has black dots in their pants (kidd, law, rayleigh)

is there some connection there?

marking "i have haki of kings" or "i'm a real tough guy" or something ?

BlackHair
April 19, 2009, 06:23 PM
Mega Convo (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32466&page=102) <- next time :d

I don't think there is a connection. I believe Oda just like dots :p Did some1 noticed that Oda doesn't draw black guys? The only one I remember with a role was Mr.1

Imitorar
April 19, 2009, 10:31 PM
How many manga have black characters? There aren't many in Japan, so they don't draw them. I think it's really that simple. As to the black dots... Geez, it's just character design, an aesthetic preference. There's no need to project some notification of great power onto it. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar", to quote Freud.

kkck
April 21, 2009, 10:18 PM
Shaman king has a single black dude and naruto has a nation of black people(apparently).

Razh
April 22, 2009, 12:28 PM
There are just as much lines as there are dots on the clothes of One Piece characters.
So couple of them pirates has dots on their pants. Kuma has them too, just masked as paws. :p

If this were Bleach or Naruto you may have been on to something. Those are the ones that have a set of rules in them. Like with Akatsuki and their robes.

Superman
April 22, 2009, 02:26 PM
There was a black guy in the first few chapters with buggy. In the states they made him white.