PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Hyde and Closer by ASOU Haro

sabret00the
May 02, 2009, 09:12 AM
Anybody else reading this great little series? It's almost comparable to Reborn! Though with less emphasis on Reborn. The manga has huge potential for growth, i only really query if it'll get the timing right but it's a great watch nonetheless.

http://mangahelpers.com/m/hyde_and_closer

raikou
May 02, 2009, 10:39 AM
finally someone make this thread...
yeah i like it since i read the early chapter, because when i read it, i get a feeling that this will be a great manga.too bad this series was removed from shonen sunday and moved to online magazine.
my interest of this manga increased every time i read new released chapter,especially chapter 34. i can't wait for the next release

sabret00the
May 02, 2009, 10:54 AM
I didn't know it got dropped by Shounen Sunday. I wonder what they felt the series lacked?

Galactic Tomahawk
May 02, 2009, 12:34 PM
It looked to me like it was doing badly in rankings, but they still wanted to give it a chance so they stuck it on the site.

I really hope we get volume releases for the online chapters because there won't really be any viable way to translate part 2 otherwise.

Bomber D Rufi
May 02, 2009, 10:40 PM
About friggin time someone did this thread. sabret00th, I owe ya one. It would be awkward (to me) as the translator for the series to start the thread too....so I'm glad someone did it. And yeah it gets pretty freakin' awesome in part two (though unfortunately, due to being released every other week, Asou's pacing takes a hit.)

Sadly as Tomahawk says, there's no way to really read part two now since SS put a region lock on Club sunday (Or maybe we all just have sucky computers?) Volume 6 is due out May 18th, and 5 hasn't even been scanned yet. >_>

In any case I hope this will be an active thread. I'll do my best to bring spoilers and other goodies to people here if they want 'em ^^.

sabret00the
May 04, 2009, 08:17 AM
Is the whole site region locked or is it just that series?
[hr]
And back to the manga, what the hell is happening atm? Who are those dudes?

Galactic Tomahawk
May 08, 2009, 06:22 AM
Looks like Volume 6's coming out on the 18th this month.

Volume 5 finished up Part 1, so Volume 6'll be the start of 2. Looks like we should be able to get some raws of it in that case.

Edit: And we've got Club Sunday back. Chapters 8 and 9 are pretty great, things've been picking up since 7 or so and the art's showing some improvement again.

sabret00the
May 08, 2009, 06:48 AM
Looks like Volume 6's coming out on the 18th this month.

Volume 5 finished up Part 1, so Volume 6'll be the start of 2. Looks like we should be able to get some raws of it in that case.

Edit: And we've got Club Sunday back. Chapters 8 and 9 are pretty great, things've been picking up since 7 or so and the art's showing some improvement again.
Great news, are the raws for eight and nine out?

Galactic Tomahawk
May 08, 2009, 06:59 AM
Yep, 8 came out around when the site stopped working (that was fun as you can imagine) and 9 just came out in the last day or two I think.

Bomber D Rufi
May 08, 2009, 07:30 AM
Is the whole site region locked or is it just that series?
<hr noshade size="1">
And back to the manga, what the hell is happening atm? Who are those dudes?

Sorry! Forgot about this thread. (Or in shock that it exists....you be the judge.) But to answer your question...

Part two basically takes place slightly before the end of Part 1. Confused? Let me try to break it down. Part one ends with Shunpei meeting Alishid in Africa, just as Resentment awakens, apparently bringing about the end of the world. When Part 2 begins we're taken back to right before this happened. After the long battle at the end of Part 1, Shun and his buddies are getting some R and R. Shun had declared to the magicans gathered at the end of Part one that the Watchman's rumor is a lie, and that they've been wasting their time. They leave; but one guy Nanagami (might be Nanakami) wants to help Shun because he feels bad for targeting him. He reveals that there is a way to stop Resentment, and that's a white magic called 'Detox'. Nana heads off to investigate it, but is attacked by this guy who has a doll that can turn enemies into stone. Shun stops him, but Detox is apparently destroyed. Nana reveals that Detox isn't a THING, but a PERSON. Named Kokkuri-san. He's in the same Hospital that the others (Ana, Kazan and Shindou) are in. Shun rushes back to the scene, but the Watchman is one step ahead of him. He sends two Magicians Ashmodai and Norway (The big dude and hot chick) to go 'take care' of Kokkuri. (I would explain their pasts, but no point in making this post really really long. If you want to know put a post here, and I'll explain it seperately.) As of now Shindou has managed to freeze Norway (I forgot how...been a while since I've been able to read it...sorry.) And Mekki is up against Ashmodai, who litterally IS what he eats. I should point out too that Ash is the magician that killed Anna's friend Possh, and that's why she's so pissed.

Whooooo! Long post is long. Hope it helps you understand part II though.

I'll summarize the other two chapters (Rejoice at rebirth of Club sunday!) later. Unfortunately I'm at work, and these computers are so old that Dinosaurs used them to file their taxes. >_> So I won't be able to do a summary for them until I get home later tonight.

Galactic Tomahawk
May 08, 2009, 07:56 AM
Nice work, thanks.

Sounds good, seems like he might be setting up Part 2 more to give the series a proper ending rather than actually continue it. The part about Ash makes chapter 8 a whole lot more interesting.

sabret00the
May 08, 2009, 11:29 AM
Can i get the backstory on Norway and the other guy please?

Also, what big battle? Last i read, the Watchman simply declared to Shun that his grandfather was awake and that was it.

Bomber D Rufi
May 08, 2009, 11:22 PM
Can i get the backstory on Norway and the other guy please?

Also, what big battle? Last i read, the Watchman simply declared to Shun that his grandfather was awake and that was it.

Well it happens after Shun and the Watchman talk. Chapters 37-46 or so. An old dude who wants to gain the power of closer comes after Shunpei, and he has several (thousand) magicians to talk. Initially the Watchman shows up and leaves...then that arc takes place immediately after. After the old guy is defeated, The magicians realize that Shun isn't special. Unfortunately no one has scanned volume 5 in...so I'm not going to be able to cover that arc just yet.

As for those back stories, although Clubsunday works again...those chapters were taken down >_< Sorry. I read those so long ago that I don't remember everything. If someone scans stuff in, I'll be sure to let you know.

Now to what you guys were waiting for (right?)

I read chapter 8 and 9. 8 is standard fare....Mekki used his (or her?) GR power to have the ants eat away at the flesh and meat of the animals Ash had eaten. Eventually he's back to himself, and taunts Ana, saying that killing is easy enough to do...since he's been killing since he was born. He tells Ana that killing him is pretty much what she was created to do, so she should finish her job. Kazan stops her and says that killing someone isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Ana asks him what he can do for her, and he promises to never leave her side. She laughs, and decides to take him up on his deal. Saying that If she doesn't, everyone will be disapointed in her. Ash pretty much reallizes that at the end of the road of a murderer...is nothing.

Now 9 is much more interesting. (Not that 8 wasn't.)

Norway becomes unfrozen to see Shindou walking away. She asks why he doesn't finish her off, and he replies that they have something more important to do in Africa. Cut to Alishid, as the Watchman tempts him, saying that all he has to do is stop, and he can walk away a free man. He reveals that Alishid hasn't moved for six years. Alishid tells him to screw off, and that he's not going anywhere. Watchman realizes (somehow) that Ash and Norway were defeated, and that now the ball is in Shun's court, as he can't do anything to stop him now.

Unfortunately, Kokkuri-san already died. Shun screams at him to wake up so he can save his Grandpa, but to no avail. But then Shun gets a text mail from....Kokkuri-san?! Apparently his magic allows him one last message after he dies...only if he spells it out first. The text reads 'Shunpei, detox is within someone you have already met.' Everyone's pretty bummed now, since this doesn't help them at all. Tatsumi monologues....she can't even look at Shunpei, as all of this time that she's been with him..she can't do anything but watch him suffer. She wishes that she could do something to help....and then a little girl appears. (And she looks sort of familiar....

Next upload (May 22nd) States that 'We're off to the place where the decisive battle will go down!!) I think that Tomohawk is right when he hypotosized that Asou is trying to write a proper ending for the series with part two. Question is, is this ending coming up soon? 'Cause we have no idea how Hyde's sales are, and that's what matters in the end. They might have felt that the series had what it took to continue online, but if it doesn't sell it could even get yanked from there. I won't say that it seems rushed (actually quite the opposite) But I'm kind of wondering where things will go from here.

Enjoy!