PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Cage of Eden by YAMADA Yoshinobu

Koen
May 03, 2009, 02:35 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/koenosaki/th_2png.jpg (http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/koenosaki/?action=view&current=2png.jpg)

Cage of Eden by YAMADA Yoshinobu (http://mangahelpers.com/m/cageofeden)
Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
Series began in Weekly Shounen Magazine 2008

About the series:
Akira and his classmates are on a plane coming back from their school trip. the plane crashes on an island inhabited by animals thought to of been extinct. Some of his classmates attack by the animals and some kill each others in desperation. The world that he wanted to change now change, and what he and few survivors will do to survive ?

About the Author:
N/A.

[hr]

I was kinda surprised I didn't find a thread about this serie. Shounen isn't only about wsj but red hawk scanlation knows this and brought this serie to our community. I would definitely check it. Support this great serie, support this great concept and support the scanlators doing such a work

So let's discuss and enjoy this serie

boemshiika
May 04, 2009, 06:17 AM
i've been following this series for weeks now and i just cant get enough of it.

the art is not shabby but i feel that the story can really go places specially the theme: Jurassic park meets battle royal (survival of the fittest) has got you constantly sitting on the edge of your seat, yelling at the screen "he's coming to get you"xp.

if it carries on with this momentum i see it gettin an anime in years time.
really promising.

Algid
May 07, 2009, 08:26 AM
Going over the raws, there doesn't seem to be too many parallels with the character archetypes from Battle Royal, which is a good thing in my opinion.

It seems to slow down for a bit though and starts to pick up again right where the raws end. Hope there's more in the future.

mizukiikki
May 31, 2009, 12:45 AM
man this new manga can be promissing, i loved the idea of the wild beasts
and the humans survive with their own skills

tehgrim
June 02, 2009, 07:48 PM
reminds me of gants and battle royale, which is a good thing in my opinion. This type of series is always pretty good o.o

Sherlock Holmes
June 03, 2009, 06:19 PM
This is like the manga version of Lost.

Reminds me of how similar Doubt was to the Saw franchise.
...Of course, Doubt ended in a very, very, very disappointing note.

Rivalz
June 08, 2009, 11:00 AM
This is actually pretty interesting. Though I do wish the kids were a bit older. Middle school? Come on, high school at least.

eyesotope
June 11, 2009, 06:55 PM
OK! I'm in :) any project from Red Hawk is guaranteed to be interesting, although I usually like to let a series cover some decent ground (say 25 chapters) before I jump on the bandwagon, but this one's got an interesting concept, and the chapters are satisfying event-wise..

chihoho
June 29, 2009, 03:51 AM
it's like highschool of the dead, but with a twist. I'm wandering who the hades guy is.

shouryuujo
June 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
I like it too. I guess it is a split between Lord of the flies/lost. I dont want to say battle royale because they are not "forced" to kill anyone but more towards lord of the flies .

Oxwivi
September 16, 2009, 12:33 PM
I really think that guy, what's-his-name, abandoned the group cause it looks hopeless. Think our heroes can survive?

Drmke
September 16, 2009, 04:29 PM
I really think that guy, what's-his-name, abandoned the group cause it looks hopeless. Think our heroes can survive?

I don't think he ran away. I don't know, he just doesn't seem like the type to just abandon people imo.

I think he probably ran off to try to find some way to help them. If it was any other character, I would agree with you.

Ipoopshootingstars
January 17, 2011, 07:21 PM
This series is phenomenal! It has the gantz vibe but at the same time it reminds me something I can't quite put my finger on. I highly recomemd this series!

Neo_Naga
January 22, 2011, 11:32 AM
does somebody know when the next shapter will come?

Zatono
January 25, 2011, 12:14 AM
Not sure when the next one will come out, but I don't even want to talk about recent events xD

How about this place they're on? It's freaking huge, what do you think happened?

Do not read the spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled multiple chapters ahead of what's currently released.

There are chapters released but not scanlated, but apparently Yarai discovered that some rocks on a mountain or something are made of plastic, and Sengoku and his group discover some man made things. Could this island really be some huge Jurassic Park type experiment?

shukketsumaru
April 09, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cage of Eden has been licensed by Kodansha USA apparently. It'll come out August 23rd of this year. This has alieved my sadness from learning a major character died recently.

luffyg2
April 11, 2011, 10:14 PM
the chapter about the major character dying just came out... really sad cause it was one of my favorite character too... I hoped till the end that he would not die but i guess there is nothing to do about it

shukketsumaru
April 11, 2011, 10:30 PM
Yes, indeed.
Poor Zaji. Why is the comic relief always the first to go?
One good thing that came out his death is that I don't have to hear people complain about the "auto target" anymore.

maxikki
April 12, 2011, 06:52 AM
Yes, indeed.
Poor Zaji. Why is the comic relief always the first to go?
One good thing that came out his death is that I don't have to hear people complain about the "auto target" anymore.

we dont know if he is really dead, just like Akira's friend who stayed in the cave we dont know if he's dead until we see him dead and rotting

shukketsumaru
April 12, 2011, 09:06 AM
we dont know if he is really dead, just like Akira's friend who stayed in the cave we dont know if he's dead until we see him dead and rotting

The guy had two gaping holes in his back and fell down a crevice, the only way I beleive he could've survived is Hades territory.

k-dom
April 17, 2011, 01:26 PM
I profit of a lousy week-end to try this serie and I was rapidly caught up. I'm usually not a big fan of the survival manga but I enjoyed this one a lot.
And I'm quite glad w can see other prehistorical animals than dinosaurs for once. Also did this gorillas from the last chapters really existed ?
As for Zaji, his last moments were really moving, but I would kinda agree with maxikki. A main character death in a shonen needs to have some point and there are none for Zaji ones
Also the phrase "it was quite a while after that before we understood what happened" suggests that there is still something we don't know don't you think ?

masgrande
April 17, 2011, 03:24 PM
I profit of a lousy week-end to try this serie and I was rapidly caught up. I'm usually not a big fan of the survival manga but I enjoyed this one a lot.
And I'm quite glad w can see other prehistorical animals than dinosaurs for once. Also did this gorillas from the last chapters really existed ?
As for Zaji, his last moments were really moving, but I would kinda agree with maxikki. A main character death in a shonen needs to have some point and there are none for Zaji ones
Also the phrase "it was quite a while after that before we understood what happened" suggests that there is still something we don't know don't you think ?
Yes, they are real (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus) there you go.
Actually in Cage of Eden many characters die for no reason, so for now I don't think he survive but with all the wierdness on the island it wouldn't be that shocking if he came back.

k-dom
April 17, 2011, 04:31 PM
Actually the one who died, did it conveniently has it would have, for most case, been problematic to keep them alive plotwise (being for most of all murderer/rapists/stupid). This is not the case for Zaji, being the first main character to be killed and that's why it is suspicious

ca12nag3
April 20, 2011, 08:24 AM
Well for as long as the story goes im not to sure if hes realy written of. But for now hes out of the picture :D

More strange tho what is that spike in the middle of nowhere -_-

k-dom
April 20, 2011, 03:01 PM
It looks like Toriko pyramid, too bad they don't have a Zebra.
The good thing is that it gives more time for Sengoku groups to catch.

And I just read last kenichi. How come that his phone battery is out in 4 pages when the electrical devices ones of this manga seems to last forever !

shukketsumaru
April 20, 2011, 03:48 PM
Because in Cage of Eden they have manual charging devices and your reference for comparison was simply negligence on the part of the protaganist.

k-dom
April 20, 2011, 04:02 PM
Don't tell me you didn't asked you once how Mariya laptop was still functioning. The fact that he had a pump was revealed only a few chapters ago. As for Eiken cameras we have still to see how he do it.
And my reference is just that we have all experienced Kenichi problems, which make Mariya and Eiken batteries even more incredible than the animals of the islands :-)

shukketsumaru
April 20, 2011, 08:46 PM
meh I suppose. Either way, everyone here knows the manual charger was just Yamada filling in his own plot holes.

Anyway, I think the mysterious construct is actually Jacob's threshold where he used the brainwaves of confused Lost viewers in order open a wormhole in time and space so as to have a sceond chance at life.

Youth Explodes!
April 27, 2011, 05:50 AM
Cage of Eden is a great manga, I'm glad I discovered it this week!

Just a question: has anyone kept a CoE bodycount? Because to me it seems we must have seen/heard of at least half of the passengers (~100), don't you think?

shukketsumaru
May 01, 2011, 07:36 PM
Too lazy to go through and count, plus I think a lot of people died off screen during the Andrewsarchus' intitial attack. That being said, I'm 70% sure that the author has not been counting heads and if he hasn't already made a population discontinuity then it's highly likely that he will eventually.

Youth Explodes!
May 13, 2011, 08:37 AM
To me, it looks like the (real) Miina girl drew all these animals BEFORE she came to the island. Like this is some kind of amusement park her grand-father created for her, and she's just toying with everyone's lives.

k-dom
May 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
I thought about the drawing being made beforehand too but I don't really believe that it is an amusement park.
As for the disappearance I suppose there is a hidden door or something like that somewhere. There is probably something underground

tobeulp
May 13, 2011, 07:42 PM
Nah I think the Miina girl had a prediction powers thru his drawings that is why his grandfather?father? is spoiling her that much because she is the reason for them being rich..

Youth Explodes!
May 13, 2011, 10:47 PM
LOL, somebody read too much HxH and Gantz. We already have a kid character with superpower, I don't think there'll be another one.

shukketsumaru
May 23, 2011, 12:31 PM
Prediction: everyone was eaten by a sink hole leading to an underground temple. The tower's shadow probably acts as a guide to where the sink holes are.

luffyg2
May 31, 2011, 10:39 PM
I was sure that Rion was going to fall when the rope broke.. and that they would be forced to go down and look for her and then discover what was underground.. but I guess digging up is a good idea too and its a little more safe

Akiyama
June 02, 2011, 02:26 PM
What lies in the shadow of the statue? Trap doors, hahahaha.

I want to know how Eiken charges his video camera, Mariya has his foot pump but it would be too easy for the author to say Eiken has the same device. Cage of Eden volume 1 in english goes on sale in August, gonna buy them as they come out. :>

shukketsumaru
June 07, 2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome to Jurassic Park. 0.o

Youth Explodes!
June 08, 2011, 08:23 AM
Welcome to Jurassic Park. 0.o

Yep, with the story being set in Central/South America, it looks more and more like Conan Doyle's Lost World. I find it /meh/. I would have prefered something more original, parallel dimension, aliens, dream, game, IDK...

k-dom
June 08, 2011, 01:07 PM
it seems like your #31 post can become right if it continues like that :(

Rummy
June 08, 2011, 02:33 PM
I've started to read Cage of Eden a week ago, but I'm already at chapter 91. :D
I think the manga is really cool and has capability to became a very interesting manga in the near future. But the thing that's really confusing that I have absolutely NO idea where the hell the plane crashed! :blink First I thought of something like time travelling or something like that, but after the last chapter I'm much more confused than before... :s
Maybe we get some hint after the next few chapters or they find something more around that tower. I'm really excited... :p

Youth Explodes!
June 13, 2011, 12:45 AM
Last chapter was SICK. Giant bird shitting human parts in a shonen? I think that's never been done before. Go Yamada!

Deadbear
June 13, 2011, 10:10 PM
Two things I'd never thought I'd see in a non-h shounen manga: scat play and yarai with a boner (see page 4).

luffyg2
June 27, 2011, 12:37 PM
I would have though that 3 different kind of animal going for the same meal would end up fighting each other but they didn't... anyway I think they should go in that underground tunel near the tower and see what's there ..it's probably safer than outside with all those beast...they just have to bring lots of food and water

ZayCon
June 28, 2011, 11:39 AM
Started reading Cage of Eden yesterday and I'm on chapter 28 now. Probably gonna read it quite fast.

So far it's been really good, but I guess these chapters only work as character introduction chapters. Aching to read more, so I'll stop this post here x)

Only me that thinks Kouhei looks a lot like Spike from Cowboy Bebop? (Sorry if this is old news. Haven't read through the whole thread yet, in fear of spoilers).

Ipoopshootingstars
December 22, 2011, 12:01 AM
This is manga is one of the most best kept secrets in the shounen section. The concept is unorginal and all the regular shounen cliches are there but the mangaka has taken this concept and made it a blast to read. I highly recommend to any one who likes manga, from the hardcore otaku to the first time reader. This one of my favorites!!!!

Wowzers
January 07, 2012, 08:40 PM
There have been a series of chapters released lately (about 21 since December) and there have been a lot of discoveries in them. We are finally getting to understand what is happening on the island so you might want to catchup. :)

k-dom
January 08, 2012, 09:13 AM
I wonder if this serie would go faster if there were not that many ecchi scenes. It took them 10 chapters to discover it was a facility to create artificial animals when it felt quite obvious from the start.
Also how do they expect do go back up ? Do they think they can climb the rubbish tunnel ?
And I want to see the doctor against Yarai damnit !!

Hamy
January 09, 2012, 08:24 PM
I wonder if this serie would go faster if there were not that many ecchi scenes.

I pretty much agree with this as being the issue with actually catching up at times XD It really tries to create scenarios to show off its female cast and ogle them that it does significantly end up slowing the progress down, I would say that 35-40% is purely fanservice and that is not a healthy number when it begins dedicated several pages towards that. Other thing that slows it down is the obsession to find pairings for the characters, of who likes who etc, rather than letting it flow naturally it just feels forced. I understand that it may want to break up the tension but I do question as to why it would do so when tension and suspense are not exactly a bad thing for this manga.

One thing I do wonder with the skull they've found is whether or not it is possible the facility may have created some mega freak beast hybrid that doesn't exist in history books which will be their final adversary. I mean the whole scaly saber tooth skull seems to point to some genetically modified beast.

Wowzers
January 10, 2012, 09:52 PM
I think the scaly skull is some kind of transitional form. The plants they found in the dark seemed to be some kind of transitional form too where they all started out as part of the same plant and then became separate plants up on the surface. Maybe when the animals were developing in the big tubes they started out looking like that then diverged to become the animals on the island. If you look at most embryos in our time for most mammals and some other species they look very similar to each other. I'm thinking that they made the embryo stage last to a larger size in the tube then had them diverge from each other. Just a theory.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

For me the big question is: WHY?

They built a massive island from scratch in the Pacific instead of using an existing one. Why?
They created a complex ecosystem from scratch on the island. Why?
They re-created extinct plants and animals. Why?
There is no one there to look after it and the place looks to have been abandoned for decades if not centuries. Why?

The richest families in the world may have many Billions of dollars in wealth... but they couldn't afford the money necessary to create an island of this size from scratch. Think Trillions. Maybe Hundreds of Trillions. This would have been the effort of several countries working for decades.... and that is just to build the island out of molten trash and get it up above the sea.

Next they had to build the facilities there and that would have taken a lot too. Probably a much more modest Billion though.... at least for what we have seen in the underground facility. the Lighthouse and the Antenna are negligible by comparison. This may change though pending future discoveries. There is the 4th tower that we haven't seen yet too.

The scientific knowledge necessary to create the ecosystem is more advanced than what we have currently. By a good amount too. With enough effort and incentive it should be achievable in the amount of time necessary to build the island (decades anyway). At least I think.

So now we are back to WHY?

Is it like Jurassic Park, but without the sexy dinosaurs? If so it seems kind of overboard with the make-your-own-island. Why not just take over an island and build it up if you have to? So it's not a tourist attraction, and not likely to be a simple science project.

I think the most likely reason is some global catastrophe has happened and the ecosystem is endangered. They have had to do experiments in isolation to find appropriate adaptations that will ensure survival and some of those adaptations are not in current lifeforms.

They collected the genetic material of all the species on Earth for 2 reasons.
1) The genetic data they have for the extinct species is incomplete so they fill in the gaps with their living relatives DNA. Kind of like in Jurassic Park.

2) The collected DNA of the current species can be used to re-introduce those species once it is safe for them again.

For the most part I think they succeeded in their efforts but didn't have enough time to spread the adaptations to currently living species, including our own so the kids are now on their own... unless there is someone in suspended animation in the 4th tower.

TemplateR
January 13, 2012, 05:13 PM
I have catch up the whole Manga ( from the beginning xD ) and I must say: This manga is really great oO

I feeling, that I´m reading a mix of "Lost" and "Jurassic Park" O_O

zelllogan
January 25, 2012, 03:39 PM
Really great manga. I read 131 chapters in 3 days. The only issue is that it's not ambitious enough. Usually, ecchi is used in order to give credit to an otherwise uninteresting manga ... but this specific manga didn't need it. The cast is really good & the combo prehistoric/lost is good enough.

Now about the last chapters, Doc vs Yarai ... The Doc is an asshole but still, poor doc ... of all characters he could meet on the island, he got Sengoku & then Yarai ... he is screwed.

Drmke
July 27, 2012, 10:28 PM
Man, I hated chapter 164. It felt like some kind of soap-opera. I've felt like since most of the mysteries in this series have been (sort of) revealed Eden has become really bland and predictable...I'm hoping it finishes strong but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

zelllogan
August 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
Man, I hated chapter 164. It felt like some kind of soap-opera. I've felt like since most of the mysteries in this series have been (sort of) revealed Eden has become really bland and predictable...I'm hoping it finishes strong but I'm beginning to have my doubts.
Ending of such "lost on island" story is rarely good.

About Mina, I think that the explanation will be something like this:
Mina is the end result of the whole experience: a human created entirely by science (no mother, no father). Her adoptive father was an extremely rich man & I believe he used all his fortune to achieve his one & only goal: having a child with his DNA characterics.

Edit: now that I remember the grave thing. It's clear that the girl is the clone of the dead mina

Silver Naizel
September 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
I searched this thread during 5 minutes and I didn't find it, I believed nobody introduce this fabulous manga!

I love it, the story is well founded and the suspense is always present, it's crazy^^

I look forward to know following! I wait chapter 172 :)

SQm3
September 29, 2012, 10:34 PM
Chapter 172 is out at MangaINN (http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/92606_god-s-territory/page_1)
I searched this thread during 5 minutes and I didn't find it, I believed nobody introduce this fabulous manga!

I love it, the story is well founded and the suspense is always present, it's crazy^^

I look forward to know following! I wait chapter 172 :)

eripho
November 01, 2012, 05:06 PM
Chapter 176 raws :

http://www.mangadoom.com/chapter/16-116-read_cage_of_eden_176.aspx

rajin
November 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
EDEN NO ORI 179 RAW

http://raw.senmanga.com/Eden_no_Ori/179/1 (http://raw.senmanga.com/Eden_no_Ori/179/1)

k-dom
December 21, 2012, 09:24 AM
The manga will end in issue 8 next january. That may me read it again just to know how it finishes

Drmke
December 21, 2012, 02:38 PM
Eh, I say about time. I really liked it at first, but lately it's been so draggy and I can't bring myself to care about all the new information being revealed.

SQm3
December 23, 2012, 07:01 PM
Chapter 182 raws are out. WARNING: Contains major plot spoilers. View at your own risk!!

182-Raw-Scan (http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Cage-of-Eden/Cage-of-Eden-182-Raw-Scan)

eripho
December 27, 2012, 01:13 PM
Chapter 181 :

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/96760_2

MiyamotoMusashi
December 27, 2012, 04:03 PM
Chapter 182 raws are out. WARNING: Contains major plot spoilers. View at your own risk!!

182-Raw-Scan (http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Cage-of-Eden/Cage-of-Eden-182-Raw-Scan)

So they are all dead? Hmm, kind of predictable considering the manga is called "Cage of Eden"

Reclaimer
December 27, 2012, 04:27 PM
So they are all dead? Hmm, kind of predictable considering the manga is called "Cage of Eden"Nobody was dead in Eden. The title is a reference to people living among all the animals and how in real life it would not be a paradise.

MiyamotoMusashi
December 27, 2012, 07:03 PM
Nobody was dead in Eden. The title is a reference to people living among all the animals and how in real life it would not be a paradise.

Paradise has become a synonym for the term Eden and since paradise is the place you apparently go after your death......

Reclaimer
December 28, 2012, 03:25 PM
Paradise has become a synonym for the term Eden and since paradise is the place you apparently go after your death......
Words being synonyms does not mean you can just use the interchangeably, especially since synonyms only take into account denotative meanings while largely ignoring connotative meanings. Also, theologically, Eden and Heaven are very different places.

Zatono
January 01, 2013, 12:24 PM
They're in the future? What the hell?

I really hope that it's 3 more chapters until the conclusion of the mystery and not the manga, because I can't imagine things being wrapped up like that.

zelllogan
January 01, 2013, 12:29 PM
The way I understand the last few chapters:

So, when the plane disappeared, they were projected in the future. In the present, a billionaire was desperate to "create" again his beloved mina (lost in the plane). Most of the installations on this island were made for this.

In addition to this, I believe that several relatives (sengoku's mother for example) started to work on this island for that billionaire in order to understand what happened.

Still 3 chapters and many things to resolve:
- Kouhei & Hades. We need to know who is Hades. It's one of the first mysteries in the manga.
- Why was the experiment on the island stopped ?
- Mina's powers.
- How all this happened ?

I think that many things will be left unresolved but still, the resolution seems to go towards a better ending than the TV serie "Lost"

Reclaimer
January 01, 2013, 12:36 PM
They're in the future? What the hell?

I really hope that it's 3 more chapters until the conclusion of the mystery and not the manga, because I can't imagine things being wrapped up like that.
While you are definitely right that there is no way you can wrap it up in 3 chapters without doing a massive hatchet job or leaving everything essentially unresolved, I can't imagine that it is not 3 chapters to the end of the series. The series has felt very uninspired for awhile, so I assume it is ending/being cancelled rather than muddling along for another year or two of less than stellar work.

0Xellos
January 01, 2013, 03:21 PM
While you are definitely right that there is no way you can wrap it up in 3 chapters without doing a massive hatchet job or leaving everything essentially unresolved, I can't imagine that it is not 3 chapters to the end of the series. The series has felt very uninspired for awhile, so I assume it is ending/being cancelled rather than muddling along for another year or two of less than stellar work.

I think it's more like the main puzzle about the island and how the survivors are related to it will be explained. There's no way they're getting back home in 3 chapters.
From da fuckin' future!
I also thought it's likely for the series to have gotten cancelled, if there're only a few chapters left. If it is so, there'll probably be an open ending.

Reclaimer
January 01, 2013, 04:27 PM
If the series has been cancelled or the author just wants it to end now, I'd prefer them to just stop printing the series rather than just rushing towards an explanation that sucks (we might already be there) and an ending that satisfies no one. Cancelling it then saying that you have 3 chapters to resolve everything just doesn't work.

MiyamotoMusashi
January 01, 2013, 04:37 PM
The way I understand the last few chapters:

So, when the plane disappeared, they were projected in the future. In the present, a billionaire was desperate to "create" again his beloved mina (lost in the plane). Most of the installations on this island were made for this.

In addition to this, I believe that several relatives (sengoku's mother for example) started to work on this island for that billionaire in order to understand what happened.

Still 3 chapters and many things to resolve:
- Kouhei & Hades. We need to know who is Hades. It's one of the first mysteries in the manga.
- Why was the experiment on the island stopped ?
- Mina's powers.
- How all this happened ?

I think that many things will be left unresolved but still, the resolution seems to go towards a better ending than the TV serie "Lost"

While i agree with your theory, it still sucks kind of because the explanation heavily relies on many coincidences. Btw, i doubt that they will involve all the points you mentioned in 3 chapters à approx 20 pages each. I know i am one of the few but i actually liked the ending of Lost.

Hamy
January 01, 2013, 04:59 PM
I'm doubtful the amount of chapters left, unless they are freakishly long, could possibly solve the mystery just presented by the series that is making us all go WTF!? However, one thing that does worry me about what has just happened is
the possibility of a reset ending :( I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because there isn't much options left for the series given the time traveling twist, I mean they technically no longer have a home given how dilapidated the island is so they're in a pretty remote future let alone presenting us with the actual solution as to how they can even travel back to Japan.
Either way I can't say this was a particularly good twist for the series... Or rather to have been thrown so late that there just isn't that much chapters left to make it too plausible as there just is too much on the plate, as noted above we still have some major questions and unresolved plot points.

MiyamotoMusashi
January 07, 2013, 02:09 PM
Chapter is out http://www.mangapanda.com/cage-of-eden/183

It seems the story unfolds like everyone predicted

Hamy
January 08, 2013, 04:39 PM
2 chapters left to cram everything... Yeah don't see this thing ending nicely.

masgrande
January 09, 2013, 02:11 PM
I think at this point nobdy is making it back.

hhv94
January 13, 2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Cage-of-Eden/Cage-of-Eden-184-Raw-Scan

Finally caught up with this manga and found the latest raw scan that came out today. Now I know why they call this manga "Cage" of Eden. But I want to wait till the last chapter to see how all this ends.

eripho
January 17, 2013, 05:45 PM
Chapter 184 :

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/98030_the-eden-project

SQm3
January 17, 2013, 06:35 PM
One more chapter? That leaves a lot of plot unanswered. Anyone know why that's happening?

Reclaimer
January 19, 2013, 06:39 PM
Either the author just doesn't want to continue writing the series, or more likely, the series was cancelled.

Incidentally, I'd probably rather have had all of the characters die due to the disease/pathogen than get the ending we are getting.

Oh, and this chapter skipped the absurdly important conversation which might have explained one of the two big whys of the series. Ok, we might still have 3 questions we need answered:
1) We are the people on this island?
2) Why did they decide to create the island?
3) If they created the island because they were cloning the people and placing them on the island (no idea how they'd have their memories or personal possesions) or because there is some sort of time rift that sent the plane crashing into the future, why did they fill the island with creatures that could kill everyone?

---------- Post added January 19, 2013 at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2013 at 04:53 PM ----------

Last chapter is out (http://mangastream.com/read/cage_of_eden/47717430/1).

The ending is thoroughly awful. They might as well have not tried to wrap things up.

SQm3
January 19, 2013, 08:33 PM
Feels like it was canceled. Shame since it was a pretty good manga.

tobeulp
January 19, 2013, 08:40 PM
I don't like the ending too many things need to explain but I enjoy the last chapter it feels like there are still going to have an adventure in a jurassirc park world rather than island lol... Still a good manga despite the rush ending hopeful still for an Anime

-Ken-
January 19, 2013, 09:06 PM
It definitely looked like it is cancel. Too bad, it's such a good manga, too. Man, well, I'm sure I'll pick something else up sooner or later.

shukketsumaru
January 19, 2013, 10:31 PM
The least they could have done was unmask Hades.

Zatono
January 19, 2013, 10:38 PM
The least they could have done was unmask Hades.

Totally agreed. Hopefully the author releases something that'll explain all of the left out mysteries, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that =/

-Ken-
January 20, 2013, 12:54 AM
Totally agreed. Hopefully the author releases something that'll explain all of the left out mysteries, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that =/

Maybe it'll be a special chapter or something in the last volume. I certainly hope for, at least. I've been buying all the volumes, too. ;(

Doraku
January 20, 2013, 01:04 AM
My opinion is same with all of you, quite gutted since the last chapter did not tied up the loose ends. Nonetheless, in general I'd say that CoE is an entertaining manga. The ending felt like it needs a sequel, or at least a special epilogue to finish this mess, though like already been said, I do not want to get my hopes up.

k-dom
January 20, 2013, 02:58 AM
Well given the last comments I think I will let this serie in the state I put it and won't resume it.
As for those who search for new series, I would recommend nanatsu no taizai from the same magazine. It's a new serie but with good action and comedy so far.

zelllogan
January 20, 2013, 03:51 AM
For me, the whole story was just a dream from Sengoku's mother. That's the only thing making sense. I'm not too much disappointed. "lost on an island" and "good ending" in the same sentence is rare.

Drmke
January 20, 2013, 03:58 AM
I think this ending summed up this series pretty well actually. No explanations whatsoever, more mysteries, and lots of fanservice.

Reclaimer
January 20, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm not too much disappointed. "lost on an island" and "good ending" in the same sentence is rare.
Yeah, there was no way we were getting a good ending, especially given that it was almost certainly cancelled. It would have been nice, however, to get the answer to at least one or two questions rather than none. In that case, it would have been better off to never flash to Sengoku's mother and instead have them build the ship, leave the island, sail to Japan, and find a completely deserted run-down city.

zelllogan
January 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
I think this ending summed up this series pretty well actually. No explanations whatsoever, more mysteries, and lots of fanservice.
I think the manga was not ambitious enough. Fanservice was not needed to make it interesting. The mangaka made lovable characters, he had a cool setup, it was possible to turn this in something better....

Utsune
January 20, 2013, 11:51 AM
Whatever the F happened to the ending................. seriously wtf
And whoever the F cancelled the series........ Weekly Shounen Magazine you really have high standards don't you????
Come to think of it, Negima was serialised in the same manga magazine, too.

Reclaimer
January 20, 2013, 02:04 PM
Whatever the F happened to the ending................. seriously wtf
And whoever the F cancelled the series........ Weekly Shounen Magazine you really have high standards don't you????
The series had fallen far and was dragging out in mediocrity without any major hope of a turnaround, so cancelling it was not crazy.

Come to think of it, Negima was serialised in the same manga magazine, too.
I seem to recall reading that there were legal motivations behind why the author ended that series as he did.

Utsune
January 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
The series had fallen far and was dragging out in mediocrity without any major hope of a turnaround, so cancelling it was not crazy.

Hmm I wasn't too receptive to the mediocrity... maybe my standards isn't high at all, but I was enjoying it. Really sucks to be us if that is so.

I seem to recall reading that there were legal motivations behind why the author ended that series as he did.

Well regardless, I was about to say, I prefer this ending more than the Negima at least ahhahaha.

Beatrice
January 21, 2013, 12:12 AM
Looks more like a continuation, but if it is the end it's horrible.

Biggest question of all was left open, Hades.

Yeah, Ken was really wanting to continue it on, he said himself he was in fights with his publishers which occupied his time cause Kodansha of the new law about neighboring copyright.
As in, Kodansha wanted to grab all the rights of Negima from Ken thus freeling go after all fanart and fanwork without having to ask him first as he is the original author.

Ken didn't play along and didn't sign a new contract thus all his works are out of their archives and fans can keep going.
They didn't even bother with anything Ken told them, he even called them idiots.

He can continue anytime with Negima as the right of the Manga are remaining with him due to not signing, he has an own Comic site.

masgrande
January 21, 2013, 07:54 PM
Looks more like a continuation, but if it is the end it's horrible.

I also hope for a continuation on a different setting since one of the last freaking lines of the manga soounded like foreshodowing for a destroyed world they'll have to survive once they are back.

Thuwa25
January 29, 2013, 04:13 AM
If it has ended well too bad as the manga was like that show show lost. both of them have one thing in common too many unanswered questions...i wonder what will happen to sengoku though. i think he is really dead like the others as 40 years on the island is still the same...

---------- Post added January 29, 2013 at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was January 23, 2013 at 01:00 AM ----------

ok a chapter is out pity its the raw scan...but i hope it does tie some and i mean some loose ends.

vampire killer
January 29, 2013, 06:52 AM
so new chap? wtf is going on? can really someone tell me?

SQm3
January 29, 2013, 06:00 PM
The series has ended. There's no new chapter! The last one was ch 185. If you're talking about the raw on mangahead, that's a different manga that accidentally got posted as Cage of Eden.

Thuwa25
January 29, 2013, 09:23 PM
The series has ended. There's no new chapter! The last one was ch 185. If you're talking about the raw on mangahead, that's a different manga that accidentally got posted as Cage of Eden.

my mistake thanks for the head up. btw can anyone see a sequel series to this manga ?

Reclaimer
January 29, 2013, 10:24 PM
my mistake thanks for the head up. btw can anyone see a sequel series to this manga ?
If it was cancelled as it felt like, the probability of that is essentially zero.