PDA

View Full Version : Powers Doflamingo's Ability

neild
September 26, 2006, 06:19 AM
I got a question to ask. How do you guys think Luffy and the gank can beat Don Flamingo (one of the shicibukai) who has the DF ability to control people's movement? That's for me simply unbeatble and make him the strongest person in One piece world.

jeffhmwong
September 26, 2006, 07:36 AM
I dont think so. Every character has his weakness. Just like Crocodlie (water) , eneru (rubber - luffy) , Aokoji ( Ace Fire) . He might be ownign at first, but I thnk someone in the strawhat crew can beat him. Chopper perhaps? (his monster form is uncontrolable even for his own teamates.

neild
September 26, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yeap but if luffy and others can't control chopper's abilities, then how can luffy ask chopper to attck don flamingo for instance?i guess that character must be unbelieveably strong...why does shicibukai wants to work for government?they are that strong...they can just not sticking to the rules...the marine top officers-sengoku budha must be stronger than don flamingo i guess, or else flamingo won't mess with him (the one with the bird hat). yeah but who knows how to beat that guy?only oda sensei does

aston
September 26, 2006, 01:27 PM
hmmm perhaps he's only able to control the muscle movement of others. but how about artificial
bodies like Franky's? Perhaps he'll be Flamingo's archilles heel. =)

neild
September 27, 2006, 08:35 AM
Nice points! that i have never think of.if that is true then Franky might be the only person than Don Flamingo fears!just dont forget to email oda sensei about this..haha

ibra87
September 27, 2006, 04:00 PM
I think the only way to get Don Flamingo would be a back attack. But then again, all the battles with the big bosses have been fought by Luffy alone, so I'm not so sure how. Maybe Luffy does something very painful to his body, which makes Don Flamingo unable to control his movements? Because it doesn't seem like he controls people mentally, just physically, which might have something to do with muscle cells.

bax
September 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
Well I can't say much about Flamingo. We see him only in two chapters (Marine HQ and Jaya). We still don't have clear explaination whether it's a puppeteer ability or psychic.

I think the only way to get Don Flamingo would be a back attack. But then again, all the battles with the big bosses have been fought by Luffy alone, so I'm not so sure how. Maybe Luffy does something very painful to his body, which makes Don Flamingo unable to control his movements? Because it doesn't seem like he controls people mentally, just physically, which might have something to do with muscle cells.

Judging from the little information we have, yes, two on one battle is more favourable. For Luffy in one on one fight, either he has to use Gear2 as soon as possible or just break those damn fingers. Personally, Robin will be a more sutable opponent for him since Robin can spur many hands out of no where and might cause Flamingo a really huge hassle to control all those hands at once.

overkill
September 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
how about Ussop with his new bad-ass SUPER slingshot staying out of Don Flamingo's range (i assume that there is a range), and he just keeps on peppering him with shots, runs away a bit, then peppers him with shots... rinse, repeat. :smile-big

bakashijinsan
September 30, 2006, 05:06 AM
that'd be very funny. though i don't think a shichibukai would be so weak to be beaten by that strategy. but my god. i'm laughing my ass off! :D

*imagining ussop defeating don flamingo then sings sogeking song*

:smile-big :smile-big :smile-big

jeffhmwong
October 01, 2006, 07:52 AM
Seriously hope the next few more shichibukai will not only be fought by Luffy. His battle with croc, aneru and luchii is starting to get very stale.

Really hope to see zoro and sanji getting invlove in Major battles with shichibukai . So degrading seeing sanji fighting the stupid cook in the train and Zoro only fighting a teammember of the CP9(kaku).

white silver
October 04, 2006, 08:21 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]If I remember correctly, Don Flamingo used to be the pirate captain of Bellamy's crew (the hyena fruit dude/spring guy) I think he would be the one to settle the score with luffy. Go Gear 4 <---- ??? Huh?

Anti-panda
October 04, 2006, 05:51 PM
Well first of all we don't know that don flamingo's powers come from a devil fruit, maybe they do ... maybe it's just a cool type of hypnosis. We don't know.
Second No one in one piece is invunerable, Enel came close .... Luffy kicked his A$$. Aokiji seems to be, then again so did crocodile and Luffy kicked his A$$.
So speculation on don Flamingo is all well and dandy but all we really know is he's dangerous ... 300 million+ kinda dangerous. So he has the highest bounty in one piece thus far revealed. And he's one of the shinchibukai. Well we'll obviously hear more on him latter but i don't think his powers are DF related. Just a hunch.

neild
October 04, 2006, 07:31 PM
Hypnosis might be a good idea...but there is no scene whatwsoever that points out he is hypnotizing someone...i think his power will be so much worth 300 million beli if its a devil fruit power, not some kind of magician...
i think the way to beat him are:
freeze him (with aokiji power)
with robin's power-so that he can't control his hand
2 on 1 or maybe more-the whole straw hat crew vs him alone
beat him up when he sleeps heheh

Anti-panda
October 04, 2006, 11:34 PM
Hypnosis might be a good idea...but there is no scene whatwsoever that points out he is hypnotizing someone...i think his power will be so much worth 300 million beli if its a devil fruit power, not some kind of magician...
i think the way to beat him are:
freeze him (with aokiji power)
with robin's power-so that he can't control his hand
2 on 1 or maybe more-the whole straw hat crew vs him alone
beat him up when he sleeps heheh

That would be cheaper than peppering him with shots from really far away ( see above )
But I dont think we should say every weird ability comes from a devil fruit. And secondly the way he holds his hands does remind me of the way Foxy held his hands for the noro noro beam.... maybe a DF from that Genus or Species if it acctually is a DF.

bax
October 04, 2006, 11:47 PM
Hypnosis? I don't think so. Look back at the Pirate Summit. Flamingo controled them like a puppet. Both of the Marines are concious at that time.

white silver
October 05, 2006, 01:27 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Must be in relation with Chiyo-baa for chakra string lessons.

Dark Zeza
October 05, 2006, 05:38 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Must be in relation with Chiyo-baa for chakra string lessons.

Hahahaha. Maybe Don Flamingo studied from her. :smile-big The ways of using fingers are the same.

Anti-panda
October 05, 2006, 03:06 PM
One Piece is better than naruto could ever be. And for the record I love naruto ... sans fillers.
Now that i think of it, Foxy could beat Don Flamingo ... hard to control someone when you're moving in slow motion. XD lol

bakashijinsan
October 06, 2006, 08:05 PM
One Piece is better than naruto could ever be. And for the record I love naruto ... sans fillers.
Now that i think of it, Foxy could beat Don Flamingo ... hard to control someone when you're moving in slow motion. XD lol

the problem with foxy is that he's an idiot to begin with.

Anti-panda
October 07, 2006, 10:44 PM
:crying Oyabin :crying

jeffhmwong
October 11, 2006, 08:21 AM
Yea...I dont think Foxy can beat any pirate in the whole One Piece Manga. Look at how much he attacked luffy and he still stood up.

This shows how weak his punches are. Whats the point of landing 1000 punches where one move fr the opponent can wipe u out.

Anti-panda
October 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yea...I dont think Foxy can beat any pirate in the whole One Piece Manga. Look at how much he attacked luffy and he still stood up.

This shows how weak his punches are. Whats the point of landing 1000 punches where one move fr the opponent can wipe u out.

Well then again I don't wanna list the number of people who look weak when thier fighting luffy... so maybe it's not that foxy's weak ( Yes he is a idiot!!) just weak compared to luffy.

Lohnt
October 11, 2006, 07:02 PM

'
Yea.. no. 1000 punches in the relative time of a second to the reciever is like being hit in the face by an 18 wheel truck.
Have you never seen the example where droplets of rain hitting the same spot over a long period of time (which to a rock is short, since rocks have been around for billions of years) can crack rocks?

Luffy is rubber, his body is naturally resistant to physical attacks. Lucci's Shigan could penetrate Zoro Sanji and Franky one standing in front of the other like butter, but with Luffy, his rubber body protected him.

Lastly, it is fact that Foxy can and has defeated dozens of pirates, because every pirate in his crew has been won in DBF.

neild
June 16, 2007, 02:53 AM
several thoughts/possibilities of don flamingo's real df power:
1.don flamingo can control people's mind (create illusion)
can be defeated by: strong will

2.don flamingo can control people's bone movement
can be defeated by: luffy's rubber bone is the only thing in the world don can't control (just like when luffy face enel's lightning power).
don will counter this by controlling other strong people's movement to fight luffy all at once so that luffy will be in trouble (we might be thinking of 1 vs 100 strong people battle here)

3.don can control ghost(s) to direct people's movement
i see this possibility from the thriller park arc.
can be defeated by:Dunno.

gao_dargon
June 24, 2007, 11:50 PM
he might not be able to control u if he does note see you,so if someone of the straw hats is fast enough to move so that he cant spot him/her the time it takes to control someone,that way he can be defeted,u can also hide for that matter

haruka9
July 02, 2007, 01:37 AM
well, i think don flamingo is not really a mind controller. back in their meeting with the world government, the marine officials were aware that Don Flamingo is controlling them. Even Bellamy and his first mate (blue-haired guy) were also aware of it. And if DOn Flamingo were a mind controller, these men wouldn't figure out that he's controlling them, right?

I guess he's a puppeter. In the anime, he's moving his fingers as his victims unwillingly follow his orders. Well, a puppeteer needs to move his hands to control his puppets right? But the fight wouldn't be like Chiyo and Sasori of Naruto, I bet. I mean ODa has his own way to show how Luffy beats his villains

gao_dargon
July 02, 2007, 11:04 AM
aye,i think he is a puppeter also,cuz indeed his way fo moving his hads was that of a puppeter,be he have to have a way to control them dosent he?

hollowfied
October 23, 2007, 06:50 AM
I have a theory for Doflamingo too!

You guys know how Shanks can unleash his massive aura to instantly knock out lesser mortals? I think Doflamingo's 'movement control' abilities are similar..instead of knocking them out, his mental strength is so strong that he can forcefully control people's movements. Which also means, that he hasn't gotten a Devil Fruit yet, so he might eat one in the future.

Of course, his power can't be use against stronger opponents, or else it would be pretty imbalanced. If he was able to, then he'd already be pirate king, controlling all his opponents to kill each other and then themselves.

So? Is my theory plausible?

Absolutio
October 23, 2007, 07:11 AM
Yea, I don't think it's hypnoses too. They were aware of their actions.. It's more like a pupetteer like jutsu from Naruto. He might even have chakra threads.. ;)

hollowfied
October 23, 2007, 07:28 AM
You misunderstand me :(

His power is similar to Shanks..

In a way its more like Bleach's reitsu pressure then chakra threads.

Absolutio
October 23, 2007, 07:50 AM
I doubt that too.. Shanks aura makes people pass out. He can't force his will on people with his "Energy" alone.

hollowfied
October 23, 2007, 08:11 AM
Well I'm saying Doflamingo can. His power is a variation of Shanks's..

O well just a theory =P

Impel Down
October 23, 2007, 09:36 AM
Or it's a DF or he uses actual strings. I doubt it's merely aura.

And you cannot say that Shanks's aura and Doflamingo's "power" is similar. Shanks just gives off an aura that, unless your senses are focused, would overload you and cause you to pass out.

mars0103
November 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
did don kill bellame i think i never read it was it off screen a passing remark or in the manga

Absolutio
November 14, 2007, 05:34 PM
yea.. he killed him using/controlling another subordinate of him.

Imitorar
November 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
did don kill bellame i think i never read it was it off screen a passing remark or in the manga

No, it was about half a chapter or so of Doflamingo using Sarquiss as a puppet (literally) to kill Bellamy. It was shown very explicitly. It didn't show Bellamy dead or anything, but it was made obvious that Doflaming made Sarquiss kill him.

Gold Knight
November 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with Bax; Don Flamingo is most likely a puppeteer. Just the way he moves his fingers.

mars0103
November 14, 2007, 06:46 PM
No, it was about half a chapter or so of Doflamingo using Sarquiss as a puppet (literally) to kill Bellamy. It was shown very explicitly. It didn't show Bellamy dead or anything, but it was made obvious that Doflaming made Sarquiss kill him.

what chapter was it i think i missed it or half a sleep reading it (read one piece though whem i had imsomia) or the episode that it was in i'm intreged

ChristopherE
November 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
I think Logia type users can beat Don Flamingo. They could probably disperse their bodies into a different place such as Crocodile with his sand. How would you control that?

Even if you did control luffy's rubber, ya couldn't hurt yourself.

Just a thought. ;)

Imitorar
November 15, 2007, 12:04 AM
what chapter was it i think i missed it or half a sleep reading it (read one piece though whem i had imsomia) or the episode that it was in i'm intreged

It was in episode 207. I'm sorry, I don't know what chapter it was, I'll try to look it up.

EDIT: I found it. It was in chapter 303, in volume 32, near the end. It's the third to last chapter in the volume, actually.

Superman
February 27, 2008, 02:19 PM
Hey hey hey my first thread.

Whatever, i think Doflamingo`s weakness is that he can only control two creatures.
I mean..... this is not confirmed but he fumble with one hand to control one of the marine guys. So it sounds plausible to me.
Now you say: yeah right Superman, he has such a high bounty and can control only two people.
He is a huge threat to get such a bounty ( " former" bounty 340 million ).

I think he is one of the secret weapons of WG.
I have more therories but it would destroy the descussion thread.

Write or not its all up to you.
Like it :gorgy or not :toilet!!! :rofl:thumbs

Akainu
February 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
come out with your theories or I'll write mine...

o.k. I'd do it either way so here it is plain and simple: scissors
thats his weaknes imho :p

MrTeatime
February 27, 2008, 06:19 PM
hmmmm. snipers? Bang -> wooosh->dead.

I suppose you meant in a face to face battle. Well, logia fruits? if for example Enel became completely electrical he could just toast him; as doflamingo is lika a puppeteer.

Razh
February 28, 2008, 07:21 AM
Those aren't some ordinary invisible strings, like chakra in Naruto. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to pull someone's hand by only moving his finger. Unless of course, he has some super strenght, and his finger is stronger than normal man's arm. Anything is possible.

I don't know, i think it's more like a nerve controll. Nervous impulses and that kind of stuff. I just thought of it. Should think about it more.
But, if there are slowing particles and repelling paws, anything is possible.

Maybe it has something to do with dancing. He acts like a leading dancer :p

Absolutio
February 28, 2008, 04:55 PM
I rather first know what is the extent and characteristics of his power than speculate on its weakness.

MrTeatime
February 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
I rather first know what is the extent and characteristics of his power than speculate on its weakness.

Well, isnt it quite obvious?
He can control the movement of other people.
Possible limitations are that:
1 he must see them.
2. They must be human(oid) or animal. Have joints and limbs so to speak. I have a hard time understandig how someone so obviously having some kind of pupeteer-power could control the movement of for example a logia-fruit user.
3. A number limitation. Perhaps the most simple "2", as he only have two hands(skilled pupeteers can control a multitude of dolls, but nevermind).

Weaknes(possible): Logia users, unseen opponents etc.
Would be quite fun if Luffu could go relaxed rubbber(as in the fight against enel) and doflaminngo couldnt control him...hiihihi

Razh
February 29, 2008, 03:23 AM
It's not any normal puppeteering. Hw made that admiral grab his sword and pull it out, and he mowed, 2 or 3 fingers. If it were strings, he could hardly turn the man's fist and make his fingers hold the sword.

Highseas7
February 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
i Think he could possibly control at least 10 ppl 1 for each finger and he doesn't need to be in eye contact when he killed bellamy im pretty sure he was walking away so he could controll ppl from afar so most likely far away considering his bounty but knowing Oda he might just have a devil fruit that controls people's mind but who knows really

Razh
February 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
It's not mind. People are aware of what they are doing but their limbs aren't listening to them.

Dice
February 29, 2008, 12:47 PM
It's not any normal puppeteering. Hw made that admiral grab his sword and pull it out, and he mowed, 2 or 3 fingers. If it were strings, he could hardly turn the man's fist and make his fingers hold the sword.

Well this is a manga and like Sasori was controlling 100 puppets with 10 fingers Flamingo could at least be able to fully control people with 2-3 fingers...

Absolutio
February 29, 2008, 03:30 PM
sasori controlled those puppets with his heart to be exact.. but all naruto discussion should not be held here.

garaa89
March 01, 2008, 01:51 AM
a guy with no limbs

Superman
March 04, 2008, 09:12 AM
Ahhh thats a good idea my friend. "No limbs" is a nice thought;p

lordHokage
March 05, 2008, 04:19 PM
Well since we don’t know Doflamingo’s overall ability are, his weakness is unknown. :blink

Koen
March 05, 2008, 05:12 PM
His feathers - like the hair of shimson :D

Absolutio
March 05, 2008, 05:38 PM
actually the hair of shimshon was his power.. when his wife cut it away while he slept he lost his superhuman powers..

Koen
March 05, 2008, 06:00 PM
actually the hair of shimshon was his power.. when his wife cut it away while he slept he lost his superhuman powers..

but it was also his weakness: when you cut it off - his power was gone -> that's what I meant as you state above
like achilles: who was immortal unless you hit him in the heel

Absolutio
March 05, 2008, 06:05 PM
it's not entirely the same case.. Shimson's hair was the source of his power. Donflamingo's is the DF, and achilles' was the sacred water he was dipped in, except for his heel.
shimshon: if you cut his hair, you remove his source of power thus making him a normal human.
donflamingo: you can't really remove the source of his power in the same matter as shimshon. unless you consider drowning him or keorosaki'ing him.
achilles: his heel is a weak point by the exact definition.

marte1980
March 15, 2008, 07:39 AM
It depends on his real powers, but, if it's really mind control, then the only thing that comes to mind is a too much strong willed person. What else could it be?

Akainu
March 15, 2008, 09:11 AM
I don't think it's "mind" control as the marines all talked normal and were like *wtf are you doing*? so hes kinda more like a puppeteer who controles the limbs and makes his enemies walk and fight which are all more or less things you do subconsciously.
[thus I wonder if luffy will ask him sth. like whether he can make ppl. shit :darn ]

btt.: having said all that I think it doesn't really matter in regard of the weakness. a strong will as you already said that's combined with a dream ... ;)

modoki
October 09, 2009, 12:10 PM
I just came across something that really have me scratching my head.

Ill start off this the following below, please observe these two:
(on the left)http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000234802/14-15.jpg
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000234802/16-17.jpg

Doflamingo helped Crocodile land safely with blood. Also stated about a blood bath.
Either this man is a blood man or his ventriloquism can also control objects like blood.
Help me clear this out guys

zerocooldx
October 09, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hes a puppeteer with "magic" strings.

k-dom
October 10, 2009, 07:30 AM
You think of something like the controling of blood as it was shown in some Avatar episodes ?
I doubt it and the blood part is a mistranlation.

Lord Rayleigh
October 10, 2009, 08:29 AM
If Doflamingo really said : " That was pretty good alligator-man. Was my little blood-bath warm enough for you ? ", that is likely to be true.
I must admit that all the blood we see in this two double-pages troubles me.

ScratchmenApoo
October 10, 2009, 11:03 AM
If he was some kind of blood logia or paramecia, it wouldn't explain how he cut Oars Jr. leg off... unless that was just a regular weapon nothing to do with his ability. If he was blood logia, it would explain how he moves around the battlefield so fast. I still think he is a stringman, controlling invisible or very thin strings.

beastboy
October 10, 2009, 12:22 PM
well he could control the blood inside oz veins (sorry but I can't spell this) to cut is leg.. simple!!

high pression water/blood can cut more than a katana!!

zerocooldx
October 10, 2009, 02:16 PM
If Doflamingo really said : " That was pretty good alligator-man. Was my little blood-bath warm enough for you ? ", that is likely to be true.

I think that blood was Jozu using Haki and Flamingo making fun of Crocodile for bleeding because hes a Logia. Hes obviously got a twisted sense of humor. And we have clearly seen Flamingo use strings to cut up Oz so i'm still sticking to a puppeteer man.

monkey D luffy
October 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
I think that blood was Jozu using Haki and Flamingo making fun of Crocodile for bleeding because hes a Logia. Hes obviously got a twisted sense of humor. And we have clearly seen Flamingo use strings to cut up Oz so i'm still sticking to a puppeteer man.

i dont know. i dont think the bloodbath thing was in order to laugh at croc, he could theoretically cut off oars' leg with blood control cuz we dont know how oda thinks, he can give him the ability to seperate veins and thus sepereta the entire leg.

entirely off topic: zero i read your hypothesis on isshin and i have read it all and its quite impressive but there is one little hitch in it. if isshin was the captain during the swing back the pendulum arc then what shinji said to himself when isshin came to play just doesnt make sense, shinji said he didnt recognize the enormous spiritual preassure isshin had, and thats it.

zerocooldx
October 10, 2009, 03:44 PM
i dont know. i dont think the bloodbath thing was in order to laugh at croc, he could theoretically cut off oars' leg with blood control cuz we dont know how oda thinks, he can give him the ability to seperate veins and thus sepereta the entire leg.

entirely off topic: zero i read your hypothesis on isshin and i have read it all and its quite impressive but there is one little hitch in it. if isshin was the captain during the swing back the pendulum arc then what shinji said to himself when isshin came to play just doesnt make sense, shinji said he didnt recognize the enormous spiritual preassure isshin had, and thats it.

To me this (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-555/page010.html) looks like a clean cut made by a blade or more likely a string. A "Blood Logia" is just way too godly for an ability. I mean if it was blood related then he could basically take control of anyone who has blood in them. And he would basically be one of the strongest pirates or individuals in the entire world. Also i answered the second part of your post here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1618978#post1618978).

madmotoristmonk
October 10, 2009, 05:39 PM
Thats not blood hoss, thats just crock turning into sand to make a better landing.

Jozu was able to hit Croco-boy and he probably thought "gah he's got "the ability to hit my real body" (like rayliegh) better turn to sand so i don't just fall on my back and dirty my fly ass coat"

modoki
October 10, 2009, 05:41 PM
i realized the first page was sand with black shades:darn,

i was mainly referring to the second image. The blood behind croc's cape that is dripping and kinda standing up.

------------------------------

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-555/page010.html

I just realized while he was doing his happy jump, his fingers were bent as like they were pulling invisible strings.

Sorry guys for the pointless thread :(

madmotoristmonk
October 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
Its all good, remember how the Arlong Ark was put in gear? Yosaku arriving at Baratie in a Shark?!? The reveal of Miss Wed as Vivi of Arabasta! Garp being Luffy's grandpa!

Suffice to say, we've always been suprised by this manga. I don't know what "plot twist" is in japanese but Eichiro Oda knows enough to write a book full of it...wait...he did.

Good topic either way man

Superman
October 11, 2009, 09:49 AM
To me this (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-555/page010.html) looks like a clean cut made by a blade or more likely a string. A "Blood Logia" is just way too godly for an ability. I mean if it was blood related then he could basically take control of anyone who has blood in them. And he would basically be one of the strongest pirates or individuals in the entire world. Also i answered the second part of your post here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1618978#post1618978).

What?? Doflamingo can only control 2 or 3 persons at once so i wouldnt say godly to his fruit ever if it is blood logia or not! I mean blood would fit because his closes are also red right?! I like the blood logia but he probably is a puppeteer!

i realized the first page was sand with black shades:darn,

i was mainly referring to the second image. The blood behind croc's cape that is dripping and kinda standing up.

I was a bit confused because Lord Reyleigh said as well that there is so much blood in the last two double pages, but all i see is sand! So you agree with me that this is no blood but sand, yes??!! Good to know:D:D!

Lord Rayleigh
October 11, 2009, 10:55 AM
Actually, as you said, there is not a lot of blood. But what is still confusing is the " blood-bath " sentence and the blood-sand here (http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4940/1617wv.jpg). But I guess it is normal.

Razh
October 11, 2009, 12:00 PM
Don't you guys get it that Crocodile landed near Doflamingo who was shown sitting on a pile of corpses before? Probably bloody ones. Killing a lot of people in one area = bloodbath. It's clearly easy for him to kill a bunch of men.

I'd say those few drops of blood belong to Crocodile. He is supposed to bleed after he got hit in the face with a diamond bigger than himself.

Also, if Doflamingo were controlling blood, he wouldn't be able to control his opponents for a long time. I hope I don't need to explain why.

BlackHair
October 11, 2009, 02:51 PM
Blood controlling fruit.. we had a similar discussion with Akainu. I can only repeat what I said back than. Controlling blood would be "too dark" for OP, imo. It doesn't' suit the carefree atmosphere around One Piece. But that's just me.

Edit:
But then again we had Oars losing a freaking leg. So well.. that to that dark part. Still a srting fruit makes more sense to me. But lets wait and see. It will be soon revealed.

k-dom
October 11, 2009, 02:53 PM
I think cnet translation is the correct one, the blood bath he is refering to are the one from Impel Down. It matches perfectly his sarcastic attitude.

Lord Rayleigh
October 11, 2009, 03:01 PM
I'd say those few drops of blood belong to Crocodile. He is supposed to bleed after he got hit in the face with a diamond bigger than himself.
That is the only thing that remains weird. Only his head has been shown bleeding and I do not understand how such an important quantity of blood could be there in such a time. Knowing the shape of his sand form, this is difficult to imagine that flowing here.
Besides, the blood should not be able to flow on the sand. We have already seen how the liquids mix with the sand when Luffy and Crocodile fought. The sand should have become soaked with blood : it should be homogeneous, not heterogeneous.

It may be the consequence of Haki. :blink

BlackHair
October 11, 2009, 03:13 PM
No it can't be haki. For all we know, for haki effects there is direct contact needed. I think with that blood on Croco, Oda is emphasizing that he got hurt. I wouldn't go so deeply and try to explain with solid/elemental state arguments.

I think as long he is in his physical form, there will be blood on his face. But Im expecting less blood on his face in the next chapter. Well lets wait and See.

zerocooldx
October 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
No it can't be haki. For all we know, for haki effects there is direct contact needed. I think with that blood on Croco, Oda is emphasizing that he got hurt. I wouldn't go so deeply and try to explain with solid/elemental state arguments.

I think as long he is in his physical form, there will be blood on his face. But Im expecting less blood on his face in the next chapter. Well lets wait and See.

I think it was definitely Haki. I don't see how diamond can hurt sand. Unless Jozu had some type of a liquid on him when he attacked Crocodile.

BlackHair
October 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
I think it was definitely Haki. I don't see how diamond can hurt sand. Unless Jozu had some type of a liquid on him when he attacked Crocodile.U got me wrong. I was referring to Lord Rayleigh's post. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1620105&postcount=18) Which content is about the after effect from Jozus blow. I wasn't talking about the blow itself. That was haki for sure, imo.

zerocooldx
October 11, 2009, 03:23 PM
U got me wrong. I was referring to Lord Rayleigh's post. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1620105&postcount=18) Which content is about the after effect from Jozus blow. I wasn't talking about the blow itself. That was haki for sure, imo.

Oh ok my fault, i didn't see who you were responding to.

misterchaos
October 11, 2009, 03:29 PM

that page wasnt mistranslated, wasnt something like the bloodbath down there in impel down (something like that) i remember someone saying that...:s

Lord Rayleigh
October 11, 2009, 03:34 PM
No it can't be haki. For all we know, for haki effects there is direct contact needed. I think with that blood on Croco, Oda is emphasizing that he got hurt.

Yes but the problem is that he has turned a part of his body into sand. And thus there should not be flesh, bones or blood left : only sand because his body has been turned into sand.
But the problem is that we see blood there. The only explanation would be that it flooded from his head that is still normal (as Razh thinks). But as I said in my last post, I do not understand how it could have went there.

BlackHair
October 11, 2009, 03:38 PM
I understand ur point and I also read the other posts. However this is just a manga. And in a manga things like blood, dirt, wounds etc are emphasising that the character got hurt or is weakened. I think you are putting too much thoughts on that.

Lord Rayleigh
October 11, 2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, it seems but that could also be what happened after you've been hurt with an Haki attack : your body bleeds despite of your DF : that means, some blood come out even if Crocodile is in sand. I don't know, I just try to find a possibility linked to the fact it was an Haki attack.

Anyway, that stays weird, a feeling I got the first time I saw this page.
Poor Vegapunk, when he appears, he will have to explain a lot of things.

zerocooldx
October 11, 2009, 04:34 PM
Yes, it seems but that could also be what happened after you've been hurt with an Haki attack : your body bleeds despite of your DF : that means, some blood come out even if Crocodile is in sand. I don't know, I just try to find a possibility linked to the fact it was an Haki attack.

Anyway, that stays weird, a feeling I got the first time I saw this page.
Poor Vegapunk, when he appears, he will have to explain a lot of things.

Well Haki immobilizes a Devil Fruits abilities. Even though Luffy was rubber he was still getting hurt from the Haki use, he never lost his rubber abilities. But he also never lost his ability to be a "human" and thus be able to bleed even after. The same can apply to a Logia. They can have parts of their body being "logia like" and still take damage to those body parts or other body parts and either bleed or get hurt. Which actually only shows that Logia aren't as "godly" as they appears to be. If they get stabbed by a Haki embedded sword then they will bleed, it won't just disappear after the sword is gone. Which is actually good for the story, and makes Logia's very beatable.

beastboy
October 11, 2009, 05:31 PM
Well.. I no the probabilitys are to small but I steel WANT IT to be a Blood paramecia!!

Its better than a string string fruit that is to much naruto for me!! (kankuro and chiyo)

Razh
October 11, 2009, 06:11 PM
Since when are Kankuro and Naruto a synonym for puppetry? The stuff has been going on before it. Puppetry I mean.

Also, if we're going to talk about controlling people's movements by controlling their blood flow, I remember Deep Snow from Rave Master, who could control anything that flows. He could even control people's movements with their blood. Of course, it was easier causing them aneurysms, but hey, who am I to judge?

Also, I don't think Vegapunk has to explain a lot. Why complicate things to hell? If Crocodile is bleeding then the drop that falls from his face isn't a part of him any more and it can't be sand. Also, the drop on the picture doesn't have to be that big. It's closer in perspective than Crocodile himself. I wouldn't beat my head against the wall over it too much.

beastboy
October 11, 2009, 06:54 PM
Well but using the strings to attack is really naruto like!!
But what about controling everything at molecular lvl... it would be easy to kill some one.. but doflamingo as that weird sense of humor, so he prefers to use it to cut legs and control people!!

bittman
October 13, 2009, 02:06 AM
Too broken beastboy. If he can control things at a molecular level, if he got serious for a second he'd just explode your brain or heart, Luffy can't go "RAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" on that.

I also doubt it's a blood fruit, but then again blood related attacks are really common in a lot of anime/mangas. I'm still a fan of the string theory, but that would make him an insane puppeteer to be able to control the entire body with it. I am steadily becoming a fan of the blood puppetry idea, but perhaps muscles also and he cut Oar's leg with something else.

I think we'll be lucky if Oda even reveals Doflamingo's ability in this war, even though he's gotten just as many pages as Whitebeard.

kkck
October 13, 2009, 02:37 PM
Actually, I have trouble seeing the blood eveyrone is talking about. Wasn't that just crocodile's sand?

Lord Rayleigh
October 13, 2009, 03:43 PM
Actually, I have trouble seeing the blood eveyrone
is talking about. Wasn't that just crocodile's sand?
It is not likely to be just sand, it seems to be liquid : see here (http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4940/1617wv.jpg)

Razh
October 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
My guess is it's the blood from Doflamingo's dead opponents. He was sitting on a pile of bodies before. Crocodile landed there and got soaked a little.
Hence Doflamingo asked him if his bloodbath was warm enough for him.

KingSingh
October 13, 2009, 05:39 PM
My guess is it's the blood from Doflamingo's dead opponents. He was sitting on a pile of bodies before. Crocodile landed there and got soaked a little.
Hence Doflamingo asked him if his bloodbath was warm enough for him.
Yeah, that sounds about right, so the blood wasn't Crocodile's, it was Doflamingo's dead opponents.

I always read all the discussions about Naruto and One Piece. Earlier today I signed up. It's interesting how much there is to discuss about little things like a bit of blood.

Xman
October 25, 2009, 10:57 PM
Umm, I would go with Blood Controlling theory.
But, I have an idea how he can control someone's blood. I noticed when he fought Oars, Oars was already bleeding from his face...
I have 2 ideas, maybe Doflamingo needs to touch someone's else blood so he can be able to control it, or that person must be bleeding before he can control it.
You can see Oars was already bleeding before Doflamingo cuts his legs

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-555/page010.html

Razh
October 26, 2009, 10:05 AM
Doflamingo controlled those two marine officers on the first Shichibukai meeting and none of them had a drop of blood on them. Atmos didn't seem to bleed either.

The fact that he cut out Oars' leg should confirm that he has some strings.
Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/555/16-17/) we can see that he twitched fingers on his both hands when Oars' leg was being cut off. As ig he was pulling a string from both ends. That's how you cut things with sharp strings.

Bugzee
October 31, 2009, 08:34 PM
I mean its a strong possibility that Doflam is a bloodman or something of that sort. But how did he control those marines at HQ's back when they came for that meeting and only Kuma & Hawks turned up?? I wouldnt like Oda to reveal that his a string string man that would totally suck!!!