PDA

View Full Version : Discussion P2P Poisoning Project

Charkan
May 15, 2009, 08:34 PM
hxxp://p3p.jp/ (Text in Japanese)

All attentive to the site, a project on the Internet which is creating fake files on P2P networks. I have also got 2 files on the network share locked with password that point to the site [hxxp://passwor-d.com/comic/]. 2ch.net has details on this issue. See below.(Text in Japanese)

hxxp://hideyoshi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/download/1239876977/l50

Searching further on the subject found a subject that the information on a government project that is poisoned p2p networks with fake files. See the link below.(Text in English)

hxxp://arstechnica.com/software/news/2007/09/leaked-media-defender-e-mails-reveal-secret-government-project.ars

What everyone think that?:darn

Regards

Charkan ~ Raw Hunter Freelance

Finestela
May 16, 2009, 11:00 PM
It's not news that there are companies putting up files on BT and tracks down who's downloading them. This is exactly the reason why I rarely use BT at all now, because I actually had my internet "locked up" for about 2 days because I was "flagged for downloading copyrighted contents".

The article you've provided doesn't say anything about the government actually paying the companies to do these things, but rather the companies providing info to law enforcement agencies, which is what they're obligated to do. Saying that they're a government project is like saying informants or whoever calls 911 is a government agent.

As for fake files, you must be fairly new to Share, because around 50% of the files are fake, especially if you run it 24/7 with lots of triggers. I personally just delete anything with password protections, because 99.9% of times these are fake no matter what you do to try to get the "password".

It's just something you have to live with when using Winny/Share, that cleaning out fake files are just what comes with it.

Perfect Dark's rating system is nice, though there are still the possibilities that a lot of idiots rating a fake file up.