PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden by AMANO Youichi

Pages : [1] 2

Koen
May 16, 2009, 05:02 AM
http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-covers/2516.png
Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden by AMANO Youichi (http://mangahelpers.com/m/akaboshi-ibun-suikoden)
Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
Series begins in Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 #25 (release date 18 may 2009 )

About the series:
Based on the Chinese novel "Shui Hu Zhuan," about the trials and tribulations of a band of outlaws during the mid-Sung dynasty. It's 1112 and China is in turmoil due in part to the present government's inability to control its own provincial officials from preying on their people. But tales of a band of outlaws punishing these abusive officers called "Taiten Gyoudou" is spreading and their deeds are giving people hope. Suiren, a young village girl believing in the outlaws, happens to encounter one of the members of "Taiten Gyoudou" named "Falling Star" Tai Sou and thus begins their journey.

About the Author:
Not the newcomer, had some previous works before like the short running serie Over Time (http://mangahelpers.com/m/over-time) and several one shots like Cross Beat, Live Alive, Season Call, Usagi to Kame to Strike

xi0
May 16, 2009, 08:00 AM
Amano's color work and art in general looks great in this. It certainly looks interesting, hope to see it translated.

¬Bol
May 16, 2009, 08:19 AM
It seems interesting. I think I'll read when translated.

Koen
May 16, 2009, 09:42 AM
Well squirrellord's name is on the akaboshi main page. So I think he's going to pick it up as a project.

Anyway, it's definitely the manga you can't judge on its art. His (her?) art in over time was already very good. Looking at the raw made me indifferent because of that sole reason: I definitely need a story to know if I can taste this manga or not

squirrellord
May 16, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I was so blown away by the art that I felt compelled to do it :D
Plus, I mean, it's Suikoden. And I just love the number 108 in general >_>;

It's excessively long, so expect it tonight (I was up until 4 working on it last night as well lol).

Meromorphe
May 17, 2009, 02:16 PM
I have high hopes for this series for many reasons.

First, I am in the mood for some wuxia.

Second, the author really impressed me with Over Time. If Over Time was launched last year, when WSJ looked for a new sports manga that will replace ES21, it certainly would have survived.

Third, I read some parts of the chinese novel, so it flatters my ego :D. Though I am not sure I want to read a series that sticks to what I read in the novel.

So, I read a litte more than half of the novel published in France (actually the first of the two volumes in La Pléïade). Even so, it is more than 1100 pages that I read. I should add that I read a French translation of the closest version to the original one written by Shi Naian and Luo Guanzhong. So, the story is uncut and more importantly uncensored. There are a lot of horrible things that happen in this version of the story and I don't know why actually I finished the first volume. Perhaps, because I like epicness with an emphatic style; Iliad by Homer was a good read.
This book is certainly the most immoral book that I have ever read (I don't say it negatively, it was interesting to see what exists at this period)
Among others, the author is very misogynous, all women acting in the novel are described as greedy creatures that cheat on their husband. There are some virtuous ones, but they are far from where the action takes place (it is just reported information given to the heroes) and only exist in the story to be arrested and killed by the civil servants that are all corrupt.
It is hard to understand why slaugthering people is an act of justice.
There are some cannibalism and my favorite scene is in an inn, where some of the heroes are drugged to be transformed into food for other customers, the inn keepers were ready to cut them into pieces when a friend arrived and told them to stop because he recognized the heroes. When the heroes woke up, the others said they were sorry and would have not done that in the first place if they had recognised them. Then, everyone became good buddies. Hmm, I laughed at this scene despite the horror of the actions of the inn keepers :eyeroll

Koen
May 17, 2009, 02:43 PM
Nice to know meromorphe, it seems you have a better insight of the story. I do wonder if it'll go along what is written in the novel. I really hope a scan comes out because it looked pretty interesting since this is definitely the manga that needs more than pictures to understand.

I read somewhere there isn't a true main character in the novel. Of course the mangake had to choose one but is that true he could have picked others too? or is that wrong?

squirrellord
May 17, 2009, 10:13 PM
Pretty sure that Sun Wukong wasn't the main character of Journey to the West, but he still made a pretty awesome main character in this little known manga called Dragonball ;D
[hr]
Sorry for the double post. My friend gave up on the scan... so the translations are free for use

Raichu
May 18, 2009, 03:47 PM
Ah I love the artwork,the coloring's delicious,makes me want more.I haven't read the novel of this story but it seems really good,as I like fictional historical stories~

By the way squirrelllord,isn't Son Goku the main chara in the manga Dragonball...?I think it's well known though...Or is there another version of it?

squirrellord
May 18, 2009, 05:00 PM
By the way squirrelllord,isn't Son Goku the main chara in the manga Dragonball...?I think it's well known though...Or is there another version of it?

It was a joke, a joke~
Sun Wukong (Son Goku in Japanese) was an important character in Journey to the West, but Xuánzàng is the main character. In Dragonball, based off Journey to the West, Goku was the main though.
So in this one, Dai Zong (Taisou) is the main character, but he wasn't the main in the original Suikoden (I don't think there was a main, but I'm not sure)

Kaiten
May 19, 2009, 02:46 AM
Chapter 1 was quite impressive. Hopefully the rest of the series leaves up to it, and lasts a long time.

Galactic Tomahawk
May 19, 2009, 03:38 PM
I had a few problems, but most of them are things that a lot of series start off having trouble with and I can see this getting much better if it catches on and gets a chance to go anywhere.

Liking the protagonists so far.

Rejuvenation
May 19, 2009, 04:57 PM
It was pretty solid. Nothing mind blowing but eh it is the first chapter. It can get better.

c0nflikt
May 19, 2009, 08:53 PM
I liked it, looking forward to further chapters.

jjmase03
May 20, 2009, 12:40 AM
Just read the scan and it seems really interesting.

mohammedius
May 20, 2009, 07:00 AM
Read the scan, looks good and think i'll be following this one :D
Is too much of a fan of Suikoden not to :P

Meromorphe
May 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
I must say I am not covinced yet, mainly because the head of the region is caricaturally cruel and dumb. It is not interesting to follow what happens to him.
Another point is that I was waiting for an epic fantasy tale where the fates of Gods and humans are intertwined. The glimpse we have of the universe makes me think the background is more about political stuff with a group of revolutionaries. So, it is less appealing for me and I do hope surnatural things will appear later. But, if it remains with this direction, it will be tricky to have a good story.
I like the hero, but I am not sure that people want to follow a guy who seems depressed with shadows under his eyes, someone whose look brings negative values.
Giant swords are awesome (but seriously I did not understand the explanation about its ability to cut)
The rythm of the story was OK with some good jokes.
The art is incredible, especially the color double page.

Split Second Shot
May 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
Just read chapter 1. Seems up to snuff shounen-wise. Hopefully it continues to be scanlated. Well worth a try.

Siberia
May 21, 2009, 05:38 AM
Im not really into the first chapter but I like his drawing. Im looking forward to chapter 2 and making comments after few more chapters

mayoi
May 21, 2009, 11:02 AM
<----waiting for the translation :)

Jabberwocky
May 22, 2009, 02:51 PM
The first chapter was interesting enough to make me want to read chapter 2.

SameOld
May 23, 2009, 07:27 AM
I absolutely loved the first chapter. Haven't read such a powerful, exciting chapter 1 since Air Gear. Taisou is exactly the kind of main character I like, and Suiren manages to be cheerful without being annoying. If the next characters are as likable as these two, this will quickly become my favorite series in WSJ's current lineup.

About the mayor shown in chapter 1, I agree that he's hard to be taken seriously, but... it's not like he's the main villain or something. His role was over when chapter 1 ended, so we won't have to "follow what happens to him" in the upcoming chapters. I'm pretty sure the actual bad guys will be a lot cooler than him when they do appear.
BTW, anyone else think the color page for chapter 2 is amazing?

¬Bol
May 23, 2009, 08:06 AM
I wanna read chapter 2, this manga started in a great way

Algid
May 24, 2009, 12:57 PM
This book is certainly the most immoral book that I have ever read (I don't say it negatively, it was interesting to see what exists at this period)

So in this one, Dai Zong (Taisou) is the main character, but he wasn't the main in the original Suikoden (I don't think there was a main, but I'm not sure)
There isn't, it's pretty episodic in the book, you just get different stories of guys doing badass things and how they eventually meet and form a gang of bandits/revolutionaries (that eventually was crushed and then absorbed into the military).

¬Bol
May 24, 2009, 03:23 PM
I didn't know this manga is based on a famous Chinese book. I think I'll read as soon as I've got some free time!
I've read (wiki) that the book talks about the stories of the 108 guys, who act separately. What do you think will happen in the manga? Taisou will always be the main character or there will be other indipendent stories?

SameOld
May 24, 2009, 07:28 PM
Isn't there anyone willing to keep translating this?
After such an awesome start, I'm dying for more, but it seems there won't be any translations for a while. :(

squirrellord
May 24, 2009, 09:09 PM
I'll do chapter 2 after I get my status as TL fixed (there was some debate about it a few weeks ago, and it still is getting cleared up). I'd just like to get that sorted, so there's no "pending" time limit on the translation :)

Doragon
May 24, 2009, 09:40 PM
First thing that came to my mind after reading it: Epic and Hilarious. The main character's design reminded me of L from Death Note. The art style the illustrator used was godly and it caught my attention. I'm looking forward for the 2nd chapter. Oh and, I hope you get your TL license back asap squirrel. <.<

Nihil
May 24, 2009, 10:29 PM
Isn't there anyone willing to keep translating this?
After such an awesome start, I'm dying for more, but it seems there won't be any translations for a while. :(
My group (which did c.1) already has the chapter cleaned; we're just waiting on a translation. If needed, we can translate it ourselves -- but our translator already has three projects he's working on, so he doesn't want to pick up the series altogether. Plus, squirrellord, your translations read well and seem generally accurate, so it'd be great if you continued to translate.

-Nihil

[lucci]
May 25, 2009, 06:23 AM
yes, my group is also waiting for your translation ^^

SameOld
May 27, 2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Squirrellord and Nihil. And sorry if I sounded impatient or demanding. I was just afraid no one would pick this up, but now I can rest assured. Your work on chapter 1 was superb, btw. :)
[hr]
Chapter 2 was awesome!
lol'd so hard at Taisou pretending Suiren was his mom.

Also, I wonder when we'll have more color pages... the first two were seriously amazing. Too bad I can't use the second one as a wallpaper, as I did with the first :p

squirrellord
May 27, 2009, 07:27 PM
I still plan on doing the chapter too, even though trans/scans got out.
Just letting you guys who had cleaned raws and couldn't use the FH trans.
Though I might just do a double up and release 2 and 3 at the same time, if I can't get to it this week

Rejuvenation
May 28, 2009, 12:15 AM
Chapter 2 felt like it wasn't going to satisfy me much until the monk came. There were a few humorous points but the monk really did help to peak my interest more.

VASSiLi
May 28, 2009, 10:33 AM
Source: 2ch
Verification: Confirmed

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3909/vlphp251289.th.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlphp251289.jpg) http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5072/vlphp251292.th.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlphp251292.jpg)

spoiler tagged

Koen
May 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
Always glad when new characters are introduced but wth is that giant looking thing in the room. He is a monster if you ask me

VASSiLi
May 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
I agree with you. However, I think that those spoiler will be true. I wrote Pending cuz I don't know who's the spoiler provider, but they seems real.

ma][
May 29, 2009, 02:59 PM
great start) just have read 2 chapters, many thanks for translation

Meromorphe
May 29, 2009, 03:18 PM
After reading ch. 2, I still don't have an proper opinion whether it will be awesome or not.
It still lacks the immersion in the universe set up for the story. Countryside or town sceneries with people working, passing by, etc.
In the first two chapters we just have two fights against ennemies (who were not interesting). The art is still as good. The chara design of the giant was awesome. The panels of the fight were very dynamic and understandable. The fight itself does not have any clever or original moves and tactics. Will come later with better oppponents certainly.

I still need some chapters to have a proper opinion about it. For the moment Akaboshi seems a One Piece less some flaws (better art and less talk in Akaboshi).

Siberia
May 29, 2009, 08:50 PM
I have read the first two chapters. I love the main charactor but not the story.
Could it be another longrunning series in Jump? But I think its much more better than the three new series featuring in the beginning of 2009 (I think two of them had been cut already).

SqualLyuk
May 31, 2009, 03:17 AM
About translation, maybe you know (or not) that on the site of the jump you can download some manga (here's the link, if it's spam or whatever simply delete it: http://www.jumpland.com/mangaonline/akaboshi/index_en.html ).
If you download it you can see that the jump translated "chivalrous thieves" as "Gentlemen bandits" and "falling star" as "meteor". I don't know japanese, so i can't tell you what's better. After all they are sinonymous, but there's a little difference.

Anyway, i repeat that i don't know japanese so I can't judge it by myself. Waiting for an answer!

Harlett
May 31, 2009, 04:46 PM
After reading ch. 2, I still don't have an proper opinion whether it will be awesome or not.

Well... I guess is pretty normal. When I read the first chapters of Naruto or Bleach I didn't like them so much but now I'm very enchanted with them This story just begin :p

I personally like the art and the ahm... Main character? Whatever... Taisou is funny and his lack of interest is great xD But looks like he has his determination and ideas very clear about certain things, at least.

"She is my mom" lol

Ok...
I don't know the novel which is in based this manga
but for I was reading in some post here the trama and the problemas or the ambient of the era is very soft and light in the manga

Mhmm...
Time to time

But I think its much more better than the three new series featuring in the beginning of 2009 (I think two of them had been cut already).

What?

SameOld
June 01, 2009, 10:56 AM
What?

He's talking about Bokke-san, Meister and Kuroko.

¬Bol
June 01, 2009, 12:30 PM
I have read the first two chapters. I love the main charactor but not the story.
Could it be another longrunning series in Jump? But I think its much more better than the three new series featuring in the beginning of 2009 (I think two of them had been cut already).
I think it's also better than Hoop-Men (horrible) and Beelzebub (which I don't like so much, but seems to be cool). So imho Akaboshi is the 2009's best Jump series.

SameOld
June 01, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hoop Men isn't horrible, it's just misunderstood.

Harlett
June 01, 2009, 08:11 PM
He's talking about Bokke-san, Meister and Kuroko.

Ah ... Thank you for clarifying that

illusions
June 02, 2009, 09:44 PM
After reading the first 2 chapters,i must say i'm taking a liking towards the protagonist
despite his lack of attention and not your typical shounen hero XD
I'm really interested in his sword and it's ability to cut despite being bladeless..

Def this series will fare out among other series as it progresses..:D
hope it'll last long though XD

VASSiLi
June 03, 2009, 09:52 AM
Verification: Pending

開封府に着く戴宗たち。噂からすぐ王進に辿りつき稽古中に乱入。
王進は仲間になることを拒否。挑みかかった戴宗は負けるが、王進は戴宗に才覚を見出す。
「我流では私に勝てん。だが野心を持った奴は好きだ、お前はこれからもっと強くなる」
その後、関将軍が王進に反逆の罪を着せて捕えようとするが返り討ち。宋の未来を心中で嘆く王進。

高球が転んで遠くに蹴り上げてしまったらしい鞠が飛んでくる。豪華な召し物の少年が顔をのぞかせる。
「あぁ、良かった見つかった。これは母君の大事な鞠だったのだ。高球にはきつく言っておかないと…」
少年を見た途端、戴宗の目の色が変わる。1コマ回想、戴宗の目の前で拷問される男
「てめぇがっ…もっとちゃんとしていれば…!」
戴宗のすごいガンつけに怯える少年に優しく手を置く高球、召使に言って帝を宮廷に帰させる

王進が替天行道と通じていたとし捕えようとする高球。高球に罪を着せられたら処刑は免れないと王進、逃げの体勢
王進との戦いでボロボロになった戴宗を捕え、「拷問にかけて替天行道芋づるだ♪やったね♪」と浮かれる高球(♪=ハート)
それでも憎まれ口を叩く戴宗を「ムカつくからやっぱ殺す♪お前の仲間も家族友人恋人もぜーんぶ♪」と心臓めがけて棒突きする

何故か戴宗の前に出て胸に棒が突き刺さる王進
「…武に教える身として、資質ある奴の芽が潰れるのは見たくない…ゆけ!」
王進崩れる、戴宗が逃げる。駆け寄るイケメン。「宋の未来を…変えよ、明星…」それを聞いて驚くイケメン。
戴宗(負けた…負けたまま尻尾を巻いて逃げんのかよ…俺の脚はそんなもののためにあんじゃねぇ…!)でも敗走

つづく

spoiler tagged

SameOld
June 03, 2009, 04:09 PM
Chapter 3 is out, it seems... but the translation is barely readable at all. >_> No offense to whoever translated it, but really...

Guess I'll have to wait for squirrellord's translation of this chapter... that is, if he still wants to do it despite some groups having picked up Akaboshi as a project. I sure hope he does.

Doragon
June 03, 2009, 05:45 PM
I second that. The proofreading was so bad I couldn't even tell how bad it was.

Meromorphe
June 07, 2009, 12:57 PM
It should have been obvious since the first chapter with such an amazing color page to begin the series, but, like Medaka Box, I think that Akaboshi will survive in Jump for a while. The cast of the main characters are all colorful and interesting and the dynamics of their interactions is just cool.
I just hope for less stereotyped side characters appearing just in one or two chapters and bigger intrusion into this ancestral China.

I don't know if it will last, but kudos to the author that does not take the classical way of shounen battles with long explanations of the fighting techniques. Not that could not be interesting. In Kekkaishi or Naruto, there is some effort to put a consistent setting explaining the powers and I like that.

◆ T.D.A ◆
June 07, 2009, 06:17 PM
Chapter 4 was really good, the art is consistent and the characters are very interesting, hopefully next chapter, we'll see more of a good fight, definitely picking up pace. Should survive.

cleodux
June 08, 2009, 10:52 AM
Like the person above me said, ch4 is still interesting so far. Still i am worried about this manga future, because i think this is the first time for the author to venture this side of shounen mainstream >.< and his previous work are short too oh and the timelime is present days. Despite of that thumb up for his sense of art and fashion style. It is beautiful.

Mmm... one more, is it me or, i still have no idea what is Suiren(is that her name) purposes in this story other then serve the purposes of giving us the reades some info(like ask a lot of question and the one that seems "normal" in the story(or "a companion for our hero?). Her char looks redundant. Taisou took her with him despite of his personality (don't care anything) I don't buy it, i hope Suiren can serves more big purposes later.

Siberia
June 08, 2009, 11:04 AM
After reading it I found out something odd n its kinda different from Chinese culture. I mean, the clothes for the long hair guy (林沖 in ch.4) are way too "sexy" and he shouldn't be the waiter who passed the tea to his master as well.

It just totally looks strange. I think JUMP intends to make it longrunning if a famous chinese novel is adopted. But the first 4 chapters are still weak except the artwork which is impressive.

SameOld
June 08, 2009, 01:26 PM
Mmm... one more, is it me or, i still have no idea what is Suiren(is that her name) purposes in this story other then serve the purposes of giving us the reades some info(like ask a lot of question and the one that seems "normal" in the story(or "a companion for our hero?). Her char looks redundant. Taisou took her with him despite of his personality (don't care anything) I don't buy it, i hope Suiren can serves more big purposes later.

He took her away only because her deeds as a fake Taitengyoudou member caught unwanted attention, so Taisou probably wants to take her somewhere safe and away from battles (probably inside their base, I don't know). I'm pretty sure she'll be like Coby in One Piece, a character that is quickly disposed of and may or may not appear in the future as someone more useful.

On a side note... I know no one besides me is a portuguese speaker here, but still, I just had to comment on this: the brazilian portuguese chapters uploaded here in MH are so badly translated it's not even funny. Jesus, it makes me pity the non-english speakers from my country who'll have to resort to that.

Sexy Randal 105
June 08, 2009, 08:48 PM
I love this series. It reminds me so much of Hoshin Engi. One reason is that half the time I have no idea what's going on just like when I read hoshin engi!

Negative Syndicate
June 09, 2009, 10:14 AM
I really like this story, it's like reading a Houshin Engi and Saiyuki. But, does anybody know who is the main protagonist in actual WaterMargin novel. I know Taisou is not a main protagonist in the novel.

SameOld
June 09, 2009, 04:36 PM
I really like this story, it's like reading a Houshin Engi and Saiyuki. But, does anybody know who is the main protagonist in actual WaterMargin novel. I know Taisou is not a main protagonist in the novel.

Does it even have one? I seem to recall reading somewhere that there wasn't a main character in the novel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Crude
June 09, 2009, 05:26 PM
Never read Houshin Engi, but if it's as good as this I'm interested. Out of the two new Jump series this looks the more interesting. Hope it stays.

SameOld
June 09, 2009, 06:15 PM
Never read Houshin Engi, but if it's as good as this I'm interested. Out of the two new Jump series this looks the more interesting. Hope it stays.

Houshin Engi is the smartest manga I've ever seen in Jump. The way the story is told, the strategies used by the protagonist, the battles themselves... it's all just amazing. The only real flaw it has IMO is that there are few to no female characters, and they're all evil. :P

Despite that, it's one of my all-time favorites in Jump. As much as I love Akaboshi so far, I just can't see how it could be even half as good as Houshin. You should give it a try, really.

VASSiLi
June 12, 2009, 06:51 AM

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7316/676340.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=676340.jpg) http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7373/676650.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=676650.jpg) http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7601/677270.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=677270.jpg)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2j1pqqc.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2e6hoyd.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/210wobk.jpg

バレ、今回は林冲の回想が中心
禁軍武術師範補佐で槍棒の達人である林冲は豹子頭(ひょうしとう)の林冲と呼ばれる

ここから回想
親に売り飛ばされ引き取った賊の頭にも囮として捨てられた林冲は人を信じられなくなる
林冲は身柄を預かった盗賊討伐軍指揮使の王進に切りかかるが王進はあえて攻撃を避けず
額に傷を負いながらお前のような獣を生んだのは私たち国の責任、私は裏切ったりしないと言う
信じられない林冲に王進は額の傷を自ら広げ「お前のつけた傷などどこにも無いぞ!!」と言い放つ
驚く林冲に王進は「獣が人になった、人には名を訊こう」と手を差し伸べる

回想終わり、王進に仕えた林冲は夢幻百花蓮華を食らわすが戴宗は大剣を盾に受け止める
戴宗が「獣(オレら)の戦いに理屈なんていらねーだろ」「互いの爪と牙を交えて生き残った獣(ヤツ)が王(すべて)だ!」と言い放ち
二人が炎龍と蓮華でぶつかり合う所で終わり

バレ文慣れてないんで拙い部分もありますが大体こんな感じ
画バレ、当時の林冲、王進、蓮華を受け止めた戴宗

spoiler tagged

SameOld
June 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
Seems like there's some Oushin action in this chapter... can't wait to see how the fight with Rinchu turned out.

EDIT: Oh wow. What a great flashback. At first it seemed like a crappy "they sold me" short story, then it became interesting with a mention of what seemed to be the Taiten Gyoudou itself, and then the meeting with Oushin and the reason for his scar... it just never stopped surprising me. Seems the author has a great talent for making interesting flashbacks as well.

Too bad Taisou pulled a Kanda near the end. Here's hoping there's more to his motivation than just "killing that person".

The Adamant Dragon
June 13, 2009, 08:57 PM
The story's pace is quite good. If Amano stays this consistant and manages to add some more originality, I see his manga solidifying its place in WSJ's top 5. Its certainly refreshing to read a Chinese-related Mythology/Novel.

While his character seemed bland at first, Richuu's short story in this chapter made me understand his character even better. I'm looking forward to the upcoming publications.

GARusashi
June 13, 2009, 10:51 PM
Could someone explain to me what exactly is going on? All I've gotten so far is some guy is running around with a really unpractical weapon. All the other plot has gone right over my head.

I'm guessing it's pretty popular though if spoilers are coming out

SameOld
June 14, 2009, 09:41 AM
Could someone explain to me what exactly is going on? All I've gotten so far is some guy is running around with a really unpractical weapon. All the other plot has gone right over my head.

...you serious? There's nothing complicated about the plot so far. There's a country in a miserable state thanks to a useless king and three guys manipulating him, a group of outlaws getting ready to put an end to the tyranny and overtake the country and a certain member of this group of outlaws who's looking for new members to their group. It's all pretty simple so far, I don't see how you could not understand that much. Or was this your own personal way of saying it sucked?

As for his sword... eh, it's a shonen manga. It would be strange if it didn't have at least one giant sword-wielding character. Not to mention two-handed swords aren't that uncommon at all.

Rejuvenation
June 14, 2009, 01:00 PM
Flashback was nicely done, I'll give it that much. I wasn't too big on this fight though.

Finding out Taisou wants to kill someone wasn't too surprising but at least he has a goal.

hash899
June 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
hey guys just to leave a quick note. can u leave a comment at the release to tell us what u thought of the translation for this weeks chapter? I know we didn't do a good job before but i hope this chapter was good.

here is the release page http://mangahelpers.com/s/i-eat-manga/details/34814 and u can leave it in this topic aswell but i dont check it often enough.

Negative Syndicate
June 15, 2009, 09:47 AM
This series is getting better and better, I really want to know what happens next. Also, I want to know how the author going to make Rinchu to join Taitengyoudou.

VASSiLi
June 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
Akaboshi's spoilers comes out usually on Thursday, so I dunno if that's true.

激しい衝撃波の後、あたりは瓦礫の山。一応戴宗の勝ちだけど林冲より少し長く立ってたってだけ
戴宗の「国の犬がー」って罵倒に、私は王進様に仕えているんだ宋なんかどうでもいい発言
王進「本当に(宋を)変えられると思っているのか」戴宗「…思うじゃねぇ、やんだよ」「そうか…」

家?に帰る王進と林冲。謝る林冲。
この身滅びようとも帝に尽くすと誓ったと八代宋王が生まれた時の話をする
幼い帝が地位について三本の糸に操られても、それを断ち切る力も権力もない自分に嫌気がさした
替天行道の事知って一度は参加することも考えたけど、自分がいなくなったら余計宮廷内の帝への圧迫がやばくなると考えた
私にもう一つ体があったのなら…といいかけて、バカな考えだと自嘲してその話をやめた
(もし戦いであなたが何かを失ったなら、あなたの目にも耳にも手足ともなろうと決めていた。
 あなたが望むなら…もう一人のあなたにも…なってみせよう)

「私は宋でも帝でもない、あなたに忠誠を誓ったのだから」

翌朝、林冲はいなくなっていた。置手紙を見る王進。
その頃、戴宗は朝廷に現れ蔡京と対峙していた。
蔡京「戴宗よ…戦う前に一つ言っておくことがある
    お前は私を倒すのに108人仲間を集めなければいけないと思っているようだが… 別にいなくても倒せる」
戴宗「な、なんだって!」
蔡京「そして帝はそろそろ自分も本気を出すと言ってきたので今は統治に必要な学を学ばせている最中だ
    あとは私を倒すだけだなクックックッ…」
戴宗「フ…上等だ…俺も一つ言っておくことがある
    この俺に替天行道に入って世直しをする動機となった陰惨な過去があると思ってたがそんなことはなかったぜ!」
蔡京「そうか」
戴宗「ウオオオオオいくぞオオオ!」
蔡京「さあ来い戴宗!」

spoiler tagged

xi0
June 18, 2009, 06:19 AM
To VASSiLi or anyone else who wants to post spoilers, PLEASE use spoiler tags in the future.

VASSiLi
June 18, 2009, 09:46 AM

1P
白い碁石を割って高キュウがニタァと笑う。(上横いっぱいのが2コマ)
瓦礫の山の中。林冲の矛が壊れてる。
2P扉
3P
「いてててて」
起き上がる戴宗。倒れているはずの林冲の方に視線を向ける。
「王…進…様」
髪はボサボサで倒れる林冲の横に立つ王進。(アオリ)
4P
「やはり…獣か…」(ベタで影、顔アップ)
一人呟いて立ち去ろうとする王進。林冲は焦って声をあげる。
「王進様!!」
立ち止まる王進。
「獣を側に置いておくことはできん。去れ。」(後ろ姿)
5P
唖然とする林冲。戴宗は黙っている。
場面が変わり翠蓮。
「大変だ…。」
6、7P(見開き)
翠蓮が見たのは1万を超える大軍だった。
8P
また場面が変わり林冲。
「王進様…私は…」
言いかけた林冲を思いっきり殴り飛ばす王進。
うわ、という顔をする戴宗。気を失う林冲。
9P
「君は相当足が速いようだな」
「…」
空気を読んだ顔をして舌打ちをする戴宗。
「アンタはどうすんだよ。
10P
つか俺の任務はアンタの勧誘だ。ソイツ(林冲)じゃねぇ」
王進に剣を向ける戴宗。
「この身は生涯武人である。私は国を裏切ることなどできない」
また舌打ちをする戴宗。剣をしまう。
11P
立ち上がりながら
「クソ真面目なこって。そんなんじゃアンタいつか死ぬぜ」
「……」
目を閉じる王進。
12P
「そしてソレ(林冲)はまた裏切られるのだな…」(林冲アップ)
呟く王進。表情が変わる。
「さあ早く行け!!」
13P
林冲を担いで立ち去ろうとする戴宗。振り向いて声をかける。
「オッサン!コイツは好きにさせて貰うぜ!」
微妙に笑う王進。
14P
微妙に回想。子供林冲。
「獣が無理に人になる必要はない 自由に生きろ 林冲…!!」
王進呟く。
15P
突然王進の背後に現れる先の大軍。(1コマ、王進はベタで影になってる)
16P
先頭のガチムチの男が剣を抜く。
「駆けよ明星」(王進口元アップ)
走る戴宗。
17P
微妙に目を覚ます林冲。
「宋に未来あれ…!!」
構える王進。

hash899
June 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
i cant wait for the raw to come out. i wanna find out what happens next. i think tai-sou will win obviously lol or it might end up a draw...

VASSiLi
June 19, 2009, 04:26 AM

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6325/643270.th.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?image=643270.jpg) http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/83/643590.th.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=643590.jpg) http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4513/644190.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=644190.jpg) http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4381/644520.th.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=644520.jpg) http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2217/645160.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?image=645160.jpg) http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5762/648460q.th.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=648460q.jpg)

Don't forget spoiler tags ;)

SameOld
June 22, 2009, 03:48 PM
Damn, this chapter was hilarious. Rinchuu wasn't the manliest of guys before, but this chapter just killed his reputation. Or not. XD

Nice to see more members of the Taiten, and even nicer to see the author can draw beautiful women (which makes this even MORE similar to Houshin Engi, lol).

Koen
June 22, 2009, 05:22 PM
I didn't like Taisou in the beginning but now I am starting to like that arrogant comedy. His interaction with the one he fought (forgot his name) is just hilarious. I think this manga has some potential and at this moment it's having a nice pace. Well I'd like to know what'll happen next chapter because there's an army coming :)

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 23, 2009, 04:48 PM
This manga is pretty good. Still waiting for the "plot" to come together, but I hope it does well in the TOC.

Drmke
June 24, 2009, 03:28 PM
New chapter seem to mostly be a comedy relief chapter but I'm ok with that, it was kinda funny plus the army showing up made me really want to read the next one.

This is without a doubt my favorite series of 09 and I'm starting to like it better than a lot of older series as well.

Harlett
June 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
His interaction with the one he fought (forgot his name) is just hilarious.

Ahm... Rinchuu?
There are a lot of characters in this manga and it only has 6 chapters, haha =P

This manga is based on humor, battles and a good style of drawing mainly despite the fact the story is something... crude actually from what I have read here.

Sexy Randal 105
June 27, 2009, 11:27 AM
Am I the only one who had no idea what is going on in the story? I'm so lost...

Crude
June 27, 2009, 08:22 PM
Taisou saved a girl who pretended to be one of the 108 stars of destiny. The girl then joins him on his mission to search and recruit the 108 stars of destiny (the remaining ones actually). He's in the middle of recruiting a guy who belongs to the military.

Rejuvenation
June 27, 2009, 10:45 PM
Am I the only one who had no idea what is going on in the story? I'm so lost...

It is easy enough to follow so far.

Along with what CrudeCross has said, Taisou got the mission to recruit another member into the 108 stars from the 2nd in command for the 108 stars.

Taisou fought with the potential recruit's subordinate and we saw his flashback. Then we saw the 3 corrupt government officials controlling things from behind the scenes and who the 108 stars will have to defeat.

Finally the guy that Taisou is suppose to recruit said he would listen to him which is the comedy relief chapter for the most part. We also got a glimpse at some more of the people in the 108 stars as well as some guys coming after the military man Taisou is suppose to recruit now.

I'm lazy and am not going back to get names. XD

RAFAT9
June 29, 2009, 04:29 PM
An ok chapter. Could have been much less cheesy but meh.

So i guess the next chapter will be about Oushin and Rinchu joining and what not. But from the dynamic that we saw from this mini arc i can guess that Oushin will join the other Taitens and Rinchu will have to go with Taisou and whats her face to find moar members

Taiso
June 29, 2009, 04:41 PM
Someone trans all name of character into Chinese for me ,Plsss:darn

In English i can't know who they are in 108 Star:(:(

Taiso=?
Oushin=?
Rinchuu=?
Kaoshou=?
Ryuutou=?
Kousonsyou=?
Outeiroku=?
Shoukei=?
Chousei=?
Sonjijou=?
Kanshou=?
+3 General in chapter 3
Saikel=?
Doukan=?
Koukyuu=?
-And the guy they mean "boss" is Chao Gai or Song Jiang?

Drmke
June 29, 2009, 05:47 PM
Right now even I like this series its still just kinda alright. I feel like it has the most potential outta the new series that have started in 09 in Jump. That's why I'm hoping it don't get canceled in the next few months.

SameOld
June 29, 2009, 06:13 PM
Uh, I'm really, really disappointed by this chapter. It's like in an instant I can clearly see all the flaws people who don't like this series claim it to have: uninteresting villains, bland battles and poor storytelling. All mixed up into nineteen incredibly disappointing pages.
It was moving along so nicely until now... what a shame. I just hope it doesn't go downhill from there, because the next few chapters are the ones that are being ranked when the next round of cuts is around, so they're the ones which will decide if Akaboshi lives or dies. And if a brilliant chapter such as the first had such a poor reception from the readers, I can't see how this one could do any better...

Drmke
June 29, 2009, 06:27 PM
Uh, I'm really, really disappointed by this chapter. It's like in an instant I can clearly see all the flaws people who don't like this series claim it to have: uninteresting villains, bland battles and poor storytelling. All mixed up into nineteen incredibly disappointing pages.
It was moving along so nicely until now... what a shame. I just hope it doesn't go downhill from there, because the next few chapters are the ones that are being ranked when the next round of cuts is around, so they're the ones which will decide if Akaboshi lives or dies. And if a brilliant chapter such as the first had such a poor reception from the readers, I can't see how this one could do any better...

Well in most series in the early stages, the villains tend to be somewhat uninteresting while the focus is on the heroes of the story.

You have to take into account its only at chapter 7 and it hasn't had time to introduce interesting villains. Even Dragonball's early villains were uninteresting. It was the later ones that made the huge impacts.

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 29, 2009, 07:12 PM
Agreed. But you have to have the luxury of being popular to be able to take it slow like that. Otherwise, you won't get the chance.

Drmke
June 29, 2009, 07:15 PM
Agreed. But you have to have the luxury of being popular to be able to take it slow like that. Otherwise, you won't get the chance.

True. So maybe with the recent ToC out, Amano will realize that he needs to do something or he will have another canceled series.

Siberia
June 30, 2009, 02:52 AM
to be honest, recent chapters don't surpirse me, especially ch.5 (I think I have seen similar stuff for so many times)
but I don't want it to be cancelled becoz of its great artwork. Hope it would have some changes

RAFAT9
July 06, 2009, 10:30 AM
The hells up with chapter 8?
first it just randomly revives that spear guy for no adequately explained reason even though last chapter he was pseudo-defeated.
Then a convenient mother is just added to the mix not really explaining why and how she got there in the first place.
then finally, possible the biggest cliche ever, two people that dont like each other team up and use perfect unison to make an attack.

Man it went from decent to shit in one chapter

Drmke
July 06, 2009, 02:49 PM
The hells up with chapter 8?
first it just randomly revives that spear guy for no adequately explained reason even though last chapter he was pseudo-defeated.
Then a convenient mother is just added to the mix not really explaining why and how she got there in the first place.
then finally, possible the biggest cliche ever, two people that dont like each other team up and use perfect unison to make an attack.

Man it went from decent to shit in one chapter

Well they teamed up cuz that one dude wanted to protect Oushin. But your right, really cliche unfortuanetly.

xi0
July 07, 2009, 03:38 AM
Oushin's mother was always there in his residence and is even referred to his mother in chapter 7 by Rinchuu. And they didn't revive Kanshou...sure his neck was on the chopping block but he wasn't killed in chapter 7.

Aside from that though...this manga has only gotten less and less easier to follow IMO, that's why details such as Oushin's mother is probably overlooked by many. While the art is great, the series is way too cluttered and I can see why it might not survive, which would be a shame since it had a lot of potential.

VASSiLi
July 10, 2009, 04:59 AM

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8448/625830.th.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/625830.jpg/) http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1841/626060.th.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/626060.jpg/) http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4274/627160.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/627160.jpg/) http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7299/627370.th.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/627370.jpg/)

山賊に追われる女性のシーンから開始

替天行道の流星が都で大暴れしたという噂と大名府の役人・梁中書が10万貫の賄賂を贈ったという噂を聞き
?城の県東渓村の保正・晁蓋は「北斗七星が家に降ってくる夢」を見て貧しい民のために10万貫を奪えという天啓と言い出す
親友の呉用や神医・安道全は反対するが、晁蓋はその場にいる自分、呉用、安道全、白勝と
阮三兄弟の阮小二・阮小五・阮小七を実行メンバーとして上げる

一方、王進と逆方向に追っ手を引きつけようと逃亡中の戴宗と林沖は幾度も意見が割れ5日間も兵を撒けずにいた
その頃、王進は華陰県・史家村に逃げた所を九紋龍・史進に助けられた

何とか兵から逃げ切った戴宗達は冒頭で追われていた扈三娘と出会う
最初は泣いていた扈三娘だったが実は追っていた山賊を自力で全滅させたほどの怪力の持ち主だった

画バレ補完、晁蓋、戴宗と林沖、扈三娘

Negative Syndicate
July 11, 2009, 09:05 AM
I really enjoy this chapter because it introduced lots of cool characters. But, the readers might confuse about character because it introduced little bit lots. I, personally, research new introduced character from actual Water Margin novel to get idea about the character, and it makes little bit clear how the story.

Koshi_Inaba
July 12, 2009, 08:25 AM
I just hope the author can handle the large ensemble cast. Hoshin Engi is the only recent example on how to handle more than 200 casts.

Drmke
July 12, 2009, 01:13 PM
I just hope the author can handle the large ensemble cast. Hoshin Engi is the only recent example on how to handle more than 200 casts.

Well looking at the current Jump ToC, unfortuantely, he probably won't even get the chance to try to handle all of them well.

ghostexiled
July 14, 2009, 08:35 PM
Man I am usually a patient guy... but dang! where is the english version of the new chapter... :D

@Drmke - are you saying the series is not doing so hot?

Drmke
July 14, 2009, 08:49 PM
Man I am usually a patient guy... but dang! where is the english version of the new chapter... :D

@Drmke - are you saying the series is not doing so hot?

Yeah, this week it was ranked last in Weekly Jump. It could still possibly gain more popularity because the current rank is form chapter 3, and I think the series has been getting better as it goes. So I'm hoping that it raises in popularity.

It still has about 8 more weeks to come up before it will be in grave danger of cancellation.

Harlett
July 14, 2009, 10:47 PM
It still has about 8 more weeks to come up before it will be in grave danger of cancellation.

Really?

Well... This manga has nine chapters until now [Ehm... 10 with this week] but Meister was only 10 chapters before they canceled it as I recall

Drmke
July 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
Really?

Well... This manga has nine chapters until now [Ehm... 10 with this week] but Meister was only 10 chapters before they canceled it as I recall

Well Meister was cancelled on the first cuts after it premiered. Akaboshi has already survived one round of cuts and the next round is about 8 weeks away.

mayoi
July 15, 2009, 11:28 AM
a great series too :D

Negative Syndicate
July 15, 2009, 12:15 PM
Is there any chance that Akaboshi can become like early Psyren?

Drmke
July 15, 2009, 01:45 PM
Is there any chance that Akaboshi can become like early Psyren?

Honestly, I hope so cause I really enjoy the series a lot, but its not looking to good.

If next week it stays at the bottom spot, we might as well consider it dead.

Harlett
July 15, 2009, 03:27 PM
Well Meister was cancelled on the first cuts after it premiered. Akaboshi has already survived one round of cuts and the next round is about 8 weeks away.

Oh... Thanks for the explanation
Only we still expect

Siberia
July 16, 2009, 04:21 AM
I hope the series can stay a bit longer since its adoption is a great Chinese novel. I really enjoy the artwork (one of the best in WSJ) but it contains too many gags which are not funny at all.
Akaboshi is trying to be another Hoshin Engi (http://myanimelist.net/manga/922/Hoshin_Engi) but I don't think the mangaka can handle it well.

Negative Syndicate
July 16, 2009, 10:55 AM
I hope the series can stay a bit longer since its adoption is a great Chinese novel. I really enjoy the artwork (one of the best in WSJ) but it contains too many gags which are not funny at all.
Akaboshi is trying to be another Hoshin Engi (http://myanimelist.net/manga/922/Hoshin_Engi) but I don't think the mangaka can handle it well.

I agree with you. I think Jump editors give Amano a chance because his next work is based on famous Chinese novel, and Jump enjoyed the success of Houshin Engi. But, so far, it is not doing well, even it is number 1 danger for next cancelation.

So, does anyone knows the early ranking for Houshine Engi? If Houshin Engi didn't do well in the beginning too, Akaboshi might still have a chance to increase.

Siberia
July 16, 2009, 11:06 AM
So, does anyone knows the early ranking for Houshine Engi? If Houshin Engi didn't do well in the beginning too, Akaboshi might still have a chance to increase.

I cannot find the ToC of Houshin Engi but its debut volume (http://www.geocities.jp/wj_log/rank/rank1.html#96_2) sold quite well.(no.6 on 11/5/1996)

Koshi_Inaba
July 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
The aggregate sales is very high, around 15 million. And mind you, that it's in the 90's where the competition was very stiff in Jump

Negative Syndicate
July 16, 2009, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking that Amano is rushing the story because he is introducing too many new characters recently. He introduced 22 characters out of 108 in ten chapters. I think Amano tries to introduce all 108 characters before Akaboshi's possible cancelation.

At this rate, Akaboshi going to finish when Taizo and Rinchu take over Ryuzanbaku.

Drmke
July 16, 2009, 04:35 PM

I forget the exact numbers but the second chapter was placed really low, almost at the bottom. But then the third was put around the middle.

Houshin Engi was out in a time when Jump didn't worry too much about new series and they tended to last longer.

Harlett
July 16, 2009, 04:55 PM
Different times, different views
The only thing that saves this manga for now is the quality of drawing and in the novel is based =/

Drmke
July 16, 2009, 04:57 PM
Different times, different views
The only thing that saves this manga for now is the quality of drawing and in the novel is based =/

Well its starting to get better in the story department. Maybe it will pick up with this new arc it just started.

Negative Syndicate
July 16, 2009, 07:41 PM
I think Houshi Engi survived because it was during a Jump's Dark Age. So, if a series has slight chance to become success, the editors wouldn't axed it. However in Akaboshi's case, all of the series in Jump is pretty much solid, if one series didn't do well, then WHAM!!! I think Akaboshi was serialized in bad time.

Koshi_Inaba
July 16, 2009, 07:47 PM
True, much like how rating in Television determining it's survival have become more pronounced over the years, the success of TOC for a series is very crucial.
Not to mention, that during the 90's Jump's circulation reach 6 million. The magazine was just as important as the tankobon. While the competition was stiff, the magazine was more forgiving than they are now.
But today, the circulation is down to around 2 million, they have to carefully decide which series to keep and which to throw out. It is very rare for a series which from the beginning already in the bottom to succeed later.

Siberia
July 17, 2009, 07:30 AM
It seems they start a new mission n Akaboshi might last for another 8-9 weeks which might be enough to get two volumes released.

After reading ch.10, more new charactors are introduced in Akaboshi ( its kinda rush) but its getting better than previous chapters

Drmke
July 17, 2009, 04:17 PM
It seems they start a new mission n Akaboshi might last for another 8-9 weeks which might be enough to get two volumes released.

After reading ch.10, more new charactors are introduced in Akaboshi ( its kinda rush) but its getting better than previous chapters

Yeah this is looking like a really good arc could be starting up what with that dude at the end with the knifes.

Seeing it starting to get more interesting really makes me hope it sticks around longer.

Negative Syndicate
July 17, 2009, 08:05 PM
I'm just hoping that Akaboshi will rise. Even if Akaboshi increased just above Tolove-Ru, I'm still going to be happy about it because if Akaboshi rises, there is very slight hope for Akaboshi to survive from next cancelation. It is too pitty to be cancel right now, it is too good right now.

Crude
July 17, 2009, 09:16 PM
Three new series just debuted, so it's going to be a while until the magazine cuts some series. I'm hoping Akaboshi will use that time to it's advantage (for the sake of it's art!). As far as the pacing goes, it's really rushed now, which is weird because Oushin's recruitment took way too long.

cleodux
July 23, 2009, 01:14 AM
Did you guys see the newest ToC... Akaboshi practically is at the lowest list >.< ahh i still wanna see Taisou's sadistic.

Siberia
July 23, 2009, 01:39 AM
huh, just wait n see............I think they start a new battle which can last for at least few more chapters. If Amano Youichican can make it well, Akaboshi deserves to stay longer ^^
the coming arc would be either a boost or the last straw lol

Negative Syndicate
July 23, 2009, 03:01 PM
I think in Akaboshi, there are two arcs that happening. If Akakboshi get cancelled, it going to be axe around 18~19 chapters. So, I'm wondering how Amano going to finish two arcs in limited time.

Harlett
July 23, 2009, 03:18 PM
So, I'm wondering how Amano going to finish two arcs in limited time.

Is not that he ends the manga well in a limited time if not to gets it into more interesting and more popular serie so Akaboshi won't be canceled

But anyway... either option don't be easy :oh

Koshi_Inaba
July 23, 2009, 04:16 PM
if it keep ranking low like now, it's going to get cut in around 20 chapters. There's no way but to rush the story.

Morri
July 23, 2009, 04:31 PM
The series certainly is confusing so far. It makes more sense if you reread it a couple times, but who really bothers doing that?

I hope Amano gets his act together story-wise, because this manga could be a real winner if he does.

Someone trans all name of character into Chinese for me ,Plsss:darn

In English i can't know who they are in 108 Star:(:(

Taiso=?
Oushin=?
Rinchuu=?
Kaoshou=?
Ryuutou=?
Kousonsyou=?
Outeiroku=?
Shoukei=?
Chousei=?
Sonjijou=?
Kanshou=?
+3 General in chapter 3
Saikel=?
Doukan=?
Koukyuu=?
-And the guy they mean "boss" is Chao Gai or Song Jiang?This guide (http://www.hetanoyokozuki.com/?p=1320) might help. I think its fairly accurate.

It looks like Akaboshi is very, very loosely based on the Water Margin.

Not to look the gift horse in the mouth, but I kinda wish the translators had kept the names and places in Chinese. The series takes place in China after all. It's not like Ikkitousen where the Chinese-named characters are all Japanese.

Negative Syndicate
July 23, 2009, 06:01 PM
It looks like Akaboshi is very, very loosely based on the Water Margin.

Akaboshi is a remake of Water Margin, like Houshin Engi. It just Amano changed plot flow to his own style, but main story line is same from original novel.

Morri
July 23, 2009, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't "remake" imply that the manga is at least somewhat faithful to the original source?

The only thing Akaboshi really seems to have in common with Water Margin is the names, setting and --vaguely-- the plot. Though "a group of heroes is formed and goes on to fight the bad guys" isn't exactly a trope original or exclusive to Water Margin.

I would call it a "reimagining" or "reinterpretation" at best.

Rikudou King
July 24, 2009, 06:53 AM
Definitely a reimagining, Although quite a good one.

Negative Syndicate
July 25, 2009, 09:22 AM
Akaboshi is getting better and better as the story goes. I hope Akaboshi's ranking would increase more in next Toc.

Siberia
July 25, 2009, 09:27 AM
yea, the new chapter is improving ^^ despite some undesirable gags.

Negative Syndicate
July 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
I hope Oonishi helps even more on Amano to improve more on Akaboshi to pull up the ranking.

Drmke
July 26, 2009, 09:13 PM
Looks like an interesting arc might be starting up now. Maybe something really cool will happen like an awesome fight or something....but who knows.

Wonder if this will be the final arc or not.

Negative Syndicate
July 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
Wonder if this will be the final arc or not.

I don't think this is not going to be final arc because it already mentioned that there are other story or arc going to happen. So, if Akaboshi going to cancel, Amano has to wrap up these two stories in limited time.

Also, if Akaboshi going to get axed, I want to see all of 108 members before been cancelled.

Drmke
July 26, 2009, 11:32 PM
I don't think this is not going to be final arc because it already mentioned that there are other story or arc going to happen. So, if Akaboshi going to cancel, Amano has to wrap up these two stories in limited time.

Also, if Akaboshi going to get axed, I want to see all of 108 members before been cancelled.

There is pretty much no way to wrap up a story this large....it will end like all other manga that get cut before they end, with tons of lose ends and an open ending.

Magicoreo
July 27, 2009, 09:51 PM
I've read the current chapter just this morning (night time, now) and I really do think it is getting better and better as the story goes on.

But yeah, there's no way Amano Youichi will be able to show us the rest of the 108 members or so. At least not in the story.
However, there might be a possibility that he will show some of the sketches of the original 108 members in the tanks.
Or not.

Negative Syndicate
July 27, 2009, 10:07 PM
I really hope Akaboshi won't be cancelled because it is getting too good.

Magicoreo
July 27, 2009, 10:42 PM
I don't know about Akaboshi getting "too" good, but I'll admit that it is getting better.

Negative Syndicate
July 27, 2009, 10:51 PM
If Akaboshi got axed, is there any chance that Akaboshi going to re-serialized again, like Rising Impact, The Outer Zone, and BØY?

Drmke
July 27, 2009, 10:54 PM
If Akaboshi got axed, is there any chance that Akaboshi going to re-serialized again, like Rising Impact, The Outer Zone, and BØY?

No, its popularity is way too low right now for that to happen.

Negative Syndicate
July 27, 2009, 10:59 PM
No, its popularity is way too low right now for that to happen.

Then, somebody knows the ranking for Rising Impact, The Outer Zone, and BØY, especially their ranking before they got axed for the first time. So, I can compare with Akaboshi's current ranking with them.

Koshi_Inaba
July 28, 2009, 09:30 PM
Jump's priority toward Akaboshi is the lowest of all current new series. Right now they're concentrating on the four hit new series: Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, and Beelze.
Toriko already got an anime for Jump fiesta which guarantee it's anime adaptation next year. Mago will got a drama CD soon which is the sign of an anime adaptation. Bakuman sales is amazing and will probably got an adaptation soon, either drama, movie or anime. Beelze, next after Toriko it will be the one groomed to be the next big thing.
Even established series like Sket Dance will be getting an anime soon, they'll concentrate to that even more. Even the lesser successful new series like Psyren and Kuroko got more attention than Akaboshi. Kuroko is still being pimped by the stupid editor at Jump despite that it suck and a failure right now. Psyren is starting to rank better and next after Sket and Mago have the highest chance of being an anime.
Akaboshi doesn't have any edge at all, it ranked low, it's battle manga among many battle manga in Jump. Seriously, if it survive the next cut, it's only the generosity of the editor that saved it.

cleodux
July 28, 2009, 11:04 PM
I think it kind of hard for Akaboshi to competes in shounen fighting manga, especially in Jump. I feel Akaboshi has better prospect at Magazine?

Now when the first arc has started the story start to flow better, and i still like the funny interaction between the characters.

Is Amano sensei used to serialized his manga on Jump? all i know his previous works are all modern slice of life story, and they are kind of short too. So i really hope this time Akaboshi last longer, the arts are too beautifull dammit.

Koshi_Inaba
July 28, 2009, 11:46 PM
Once a series start in Jump, sueisha hold the copyright for it. It can only move to other magazine owned by sueisha.
Amano sensei is a good artist, but he's a poor storyteller. He tried too hard to show taiso as a jerk with a cool attitude and cool powers but the only thing I see in him is annoying jerk with a dumbass brain and a lame vengeance motive.
Unlike Hoshin Engi which shows Taikobo as an smart, intelligent and eccentric and is able portray him like that.

Negative Syndicate
July 31, 2009, 11:57 AM
I found the summary and picture for chapter 12.

第12話 朱貴、英名を讃ず

囲まれた三人
どうせあいつのせいじゃねーのと朱貴を見る三人
原因は戴宗林冲にある、自分はとばっちりだと叫ぶ扈三娘
ここで君が消え我々は”義賊”で有り続けると笑顔で説明する朱貴
梁山泊に入りに来たのであってとばっちりを受けるために来たのではない、と扈三娘が怒り
助けてやるから協力しなさいよ、と自分の手錠を戴宗と林冲にぶつける
二人の手錠が割れる(林冲は引いてる) 二人は武器をとる
扈三娘が自分のも手伝えと怒る(二人はスルー)

朱貴の迎合ぶりが最初から怪しかったとなじる戴宗
最初から自分達を迎え入れるつもりはなかっただろうと朱貴に指摘
伊達に名は馳せていないと言う朱貴

http://imepita.jp/20090731/625810
http://imepita.jp/20090731/626060
http://imepita.jp/20090731/632591
http://imepita.jp/20090731/626710
http://imepita.jp/20090731/626970
http://imepita.jp/20090731/627580
http://imepita.jp/20090731/733740
[hr]
I uploaded better picture than last time.

Koshi_Inaba
August 01, 2009, 09:30 PM
This week's chapter is not that good. Amano sensei should start realizing that his jokes are really not funny, it's kinda annoying, instead. He should start making it more serious and the battle more thrilling.

Drmke
August 01, 2009, 09:37 PM
This week's chapter is not that good. Amano sensei should start realizing that his jokes are really not funny, it's kinda annoying, instead. He should start making it more serious and the battle more thrilling.

Yeah I'm getting tired of the constant jokes and gags on every page. I would love it to take a more serious turn soon....maybe this arc will help provide that change....or not.

Siberia
August 02, 2009, 02:26 AM
seriously, I cannot stand awful gags anymore. The mangaka doesn't really know when to stop.:mad

Koshi_Inaba
August 02, 2009, 04:34 AM
Okay, Akaboshi is dead. It's a good thing i haven't got too attached to it. Maybe Amano sensei will learn from this mistake and his next work will be more serious with A LOT LESS annoying gag and joke.

El Autor
August 02, 2009, 11:24 AM
That´s sad. I really like Akaboshi and i wanted to see my favorite character (Lightning Outeiroku) in action. I am really sure that he´s super powerful. Bleh... And as you say, it´s really hard to be a fighting manga in jump.

So sad... :(

BBB Banana
August 02, 2009, 03:18 PM
Taisou's move this week was amazing :D
BUT

I'm sad that akaboshi is reaching it's end it probably will last only this arc it's all because of this lame jokes that makes this manga that could be epic lose all the epicness. :sad

BUT!! There's still hope in this arc rigt?

Magicoreo
August 03, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'm getting pretty tired of this manga. Though, I will probably buy the first volume.
Cause well, I thought it was pretty good and I liked it.
Besides, I really like the art.
Shame, Amano Yoichi can do any good storytelling. Perhaps he should team up with a writer?

Negative Syndicate
August 03, 2009, 08:49 PM
If Akaboshi published in Jump SQ, I think it would have survived much longer and have gotten more spotlight than right now. Looks like Amano is doing very bad as compared to Shiibashi and Tamura. It is sad to say goodbye an another good series.

Koshi_Inaba
August 03, 2009, 09:06 PM
The problem is not the magazine, it's Amano sensei's poor storytelling ability. He's sticking to the lame "as long as there are jokes and battle in every chapter" way of writing.
Shiibashi and Tamura sensei are lesser artist than him (only by a slight margin) but much much better storyteller.
Mago and Beelze are going to be big, possibly Reborn/D.Gray-man/Gintama big.

Negative Syndicate
August 03, 2009, 09:15 PM
I know Shiibashi and Tamura are great storyteller, that's why they won Golden Future Cup. But, Amano is also Golden Future Cup winner, so he should be a great storyteller, too. I guess Amano's biggest mistake was not serialized the one shot he used in Golden Future Cup. Also, I think Amano is not suited for battle manga.

Koshi_Inaba
August 03, 2009, 09:23 PM
I agree, he's just not suited to do battle manga. His one shots was mostly slice of life and it was very good.

Negative Syndicate
August 03, 2009, 09:46 PM
He's sticking to the lame "as long as there are jokes and battle in every chapter" way of writing.

I agree with you. Amano's gag style is not very good. He should have learned more about gag from Sorachi before started to work on his own. Shinohara is doing very well on gag, then why not Amano?

Drmke
August 03, 2009, 10:02 PM
I agree with you. Amano's gag style is not very good. He should have learned more about gag from Sorachi before started to work on his own. Shinohara is doing very well on gag, then why not Amano?

No, he shoulda just left the gag out of Akaboshi...thats one of the things that ruined it for me.

Negative Syndicate
August 03, 2009, 10:15 PM
No, he shoulda just left the gag out of Akaboshi...thats one of the things that ruined it for me.

No, I think Akaboshi needs gag to success, if there were no gag in Akaboshi, it would have been more bad. The problem is that Amano doesn't have good gag sense to support the plot and the characters.

Sick_Fool
August 04, 2009, 02:37 AM
Can somebody please enlighten me on this whole series cancellation thingy? Was there any announcement made regarding this?

If this series is indeed going to be cancelled, I'd feel really, really bad. I think Amano did a pretty good job so far in weaving a new Suikoden story. Although the gags are out of place most of the time, I have to admit I did and do enjoy them. Had a few good laughs watching them.

Koshi_Inaba
August 04, 2009, 02:52 AM
Muwlove previously posted a rumor about the cancellation and it's rank are very low which make Akaboshi the most possible for cancellation.

Siberia
August 04, 2009, 05:01 AM
No, I think Akaboshi needs gag to success, if there were no gag in Akaboshi, it would have been more bad. The problem is that Amano doesn't have good gag sense to support the plot and the characters.

it depends on whether he can make the gags good or not. For the time being, his gag is the only thing annoying me so much n I dont see it can make the manga successful.

well, people can have different point of view about the gag stuff.

BBB Banana
August 04, 2009, 07:33 AM
well sorachi is probably the only one who can combine gag, action, batle, drama and many more sucsefully.
Amano sensei probably tougth he could do the same but WRONG.

Negative Syndicate
August 04, 2009, 08:07 AM
I have a quick question that people in MH are saying that Akaboshi's gag style is not good. Then, is judgement on Akaboshi's gag style based on raw or tranlation? I found out that Japanese reader like the gag style in Akaboshi. But, they apparently didn't like the characteristics of Taisou and presentation of battle scene.

Siberia
August 04, 2009, 08:22 AM
I have a quick question that people in MH are saying that Akaboshi's gag style is not good. Then, is judgement on Akaboshi's gag style based on raw or tranlation? I found out that Japanese reader like the gag style in Akaboshi. But, they apparently didn't like the characteristics of Taisou and presentation of battle scene.

what did the japaneses say about the gags?

Negative Syndicate
August 04, 2009, 08:35 AM
what did the japaneses say about the gags?

Apparantely, they don't complain much as MH, even lots of people liked it, with the artwork. Japanese readers just didn't like the characteristics of Taisou and presentation of battle scene.

Siberia
August 04, 2009, 08:42 AM
Apparantely, they don't complain much as MH, even lots of people liked it, with the artwork. Japanese readers just didn't like the characteristics of Taisou and presentation of battle scene.

ToC is made by the japaneses n it seems the "funny" gags don't really save the manga.

Battle scenes, again, I have problems about the way he presented.

Taisou, he's just ok for me.

so u like the gags, don't ya?

Negative Syndicate
August 04, 2009, 09:01 AM
Can someone PLEASE answer my question? Is people's judgement on Akaboshi's gag style is based on raw or translation?

BBB Banana
August 04, 2009, 05:11 PM
Can someone PLEASE answer my question? Is people's judgement on Akaboshi's gag style is based on raw or translation?

I think most people judge from translations since not everybody knows japanese.

Actually I like some gags like the one when Taisou was arguing with Rinchuu about how a pork should be coocked and then oushin stoped them to say he couldn't think about pork unless it's fried with ginger. :p

And about Taisou i think the only problem with him is that he isn't your tipical shonen hero, and actually I prefer that way cause it's refreshing. :tem

Negative Syndicate
August 04, 2009, 06:25 PM
I think most people judge from translations since not everybody knows japanese.

Actually I like some gags like the one when Taisou was arguing with Rinchuu about how a pork should be coocked and then oushin stoped them to say he couldn't think about pork unless it's fried with ginger. :p

And about Taisou i think the only problem with him is that he isn't your tipical shonen hero, and actually I prefer that way cause it's refreshing. :tem

Thank you!! Maybe depend on how people translate it, the gag meaning might become different. That's why I didn't get why people complain about Akaboshi's gag style, which was not too much bad as what everyone complains.

Drmke
August 04, 2009, 06:27 PM
Well, its not that there are gags in the manga. Its that the series presented itself as a battle manga then instead of trying to improve the battle scenes, Amano just keeps his same battle style while piling unfunny, unnecessary gag after gag like the last chapter for example.

Harlett
August 04, 2009, 07:00 PM
The manga is fun, SO fun... that sometimes you forget what's the plot or which is the main objective ...
Akaboshi is lacks balance in 'some' things ...

And the decision to cancel the manga, what's good or bad at the story depend on the Japanese like/want, not from us =(

Crude
August 04, 2009, 09:34 PM
Akaboshi's problems include bad/weird/inconsistent pacing and lack of gripping, interesting plot. Too many characters have been introduced as well. The first chapter impressed me and I've also liked the comedy bits, but the series has been pretty uninteresting. It has amazing art though.

SqualLyuk
August 06, 2009, 03:34 AM
And the decision to cancel the manga, what's good or bad at the story depend on the Japanese like/want, not from us =(

Is it already decided?
I haven't read anything about it..
Actually it is only a possibility (maybe high possibility) because it's at the end of Jump Toc.

Koshi_Inaba
August 06, 2009, 03:42 AM
The decision usually came around a month or three weeks before the next cuts. But, the realistic thing for Jump is to cut series that are very low on TOC.

Siberia
August 06, 2009, 04:19 AM
Its the only new series I m currently reading...becoz of its artwork.
I think it really caught many readers attention comparing with other 2009 new series. and I wanna see how its volume sells.

Negative Syndicate
August 06, 2009, 08:13 AM
I think most likely Akaboshi is going to cancel because it stayed in bottom 5, since its first official ranking. In order to survive, Akaboshi has to escape from bottom 5, no matter what. But, it looks like it is impossible to escape from it.

Idol
August 07, 2009, 05:20 AM
Spoiler of chapter 13!!!

Verification: confirmed

簡易バレ

13話 豹子頭、梁山泊にて苦闘す

梁山泊に来た3人+朱貴。
朱貴が梁山泊の説明する。
ここは独立した一つの街。農場、牧場、酒屋に賭場あらゆるものがあり
兵糧攻めがきかないのだという。

王倫による入山試験の挨拶。
試験内容は梁山泊内2箇所の闘技場で王倫の指名した相手と戦い、
生死を問わず勝てば入山許可が下りる。
なお、女子は試験はパス。
扈三娘は喜び梁山泊の歌って踊れるアイドルを目指す宣言。

第一闘技場は林冲vs杜遷・宗万組(2人)
杜遷は部下が7人がかりで持ってきた特殊武器を使う。
鳴らすのが両端についてるマラカスみたいなの ○一一○ 
丸の部分が籠状で中に金属球が何個か入っている。

扈三娘が2対1は卑怯だと講義するが、
林冲は「私は元八十万禁軍武術師範補佐、多人数の生徒に武術の基礎を
教えることくらい造作も無いこと」と構わない姿勢。
「ではご教授願おう」と杜遷・宗万がバトルの口火を切る
宗万はメリケンサックみたいな武器でパンチの応酬
すさまじいパワーと巨体に見合わぬスピードに林冲も「この男出来る」と関心。
杜遷は先の武器を振り回し飛び上がる。
杜遷アニキの「アレ」がでると部下らが騒ぐ。
空中の杜遷から「阿」の声とともに雷が放たれる。
林冲は避けるが、「吽」の声とともに宗万が雷の軌道を変える。
(見開きで「阿吽の虚空」の文字)

第二闘技場は戴宗vs朱貴
豹子頭の心配をしてる朱貴に「余裕をぶっこいてると斬るぜ」と戴宗。
と言いながら朱貴が微塵の隙も見せていない事に舌打ちする。
朱貴「私苦手なのよねこーゆーの」「楽に楽しくがモットー」
戴宗「じゃーわざと負けろ」「俺もオタクも楽だぜ」
朱貴「与えられた仕事は着実にもモットーなのよね」

第一闘技場、雷直撃で煙まみれの林冲。
「高速回転による高圧力下で金属球をぶつけ合わせる事で接触帯電を起こし
雷を打ち出す。
そしてもう一人が武器を避雷針として雷の軌道を操る事で確実に獲物を
仕留めるカラクリ。」と相手の技を解説する。
ボロボロになりながら立ち上がり
「元八十万禁軍武術師範補佐”豹子頭”林冲」
「お望み通りと解き差し上げましょう」と決めポーズつけて
以下次号

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8730/64697436.th.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/64697436.jpg/) http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6750/98597169.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/i/98597169.jpg/) http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1949/13046344.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/13046344.jpg/) http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/686/98955802.th.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/98955802.jpg/) http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/957/30125838.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/30125838.jpg/) http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/838/54620716.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/54620716.jpg/) http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6281/42343171.th.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/42343171.jpg/) http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8369/91024833.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/91024833.jpg/)

Negative Syndicate
August 08, 2009, 08:26 AM
I think the presentation of battle scene has improved than before, but I think it's not going to help this series.

I think most of axed series got better when they are near their execution.

Siberia
August 08, 2009, 08:49 AM
I enjoyed the new chapter, well done!

Koshi_Inaba
August 08, 2009, 08:59 AM
If only the improvement come earlier it would have saved it.

Drmke
August 08, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm gonna be pissed if it does get much better then gets canned. Chapter made me not care as much that its going to be canceled cause I thought it was getting worse, but if it becomes good again, I'll get attached again then be sad when it goes :(

Negative Syndicate
August 08, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm gonna be pissed if it does get much better then gets canned. Chapter made me not care as much that its going to be canceled cause I thought it was getting worse, but if it becomes good again, I'll get attached again then be sad when it goes :(

I think most of axed series are getting better when they are near their execution. In my opinion, Aklepios and Hoopmen got better as the story went.

Drmke
August 08, 2009, 01:41 PM
I think most of axed series are getting better when they are near their execution. In my opinion, Aklepios and Hoopmen got better as the story went.

Haven't read Hoopmen so I can't speak for it, but Asklepios was rushed into ending and that's why it got better. It would have gotten much MUCH better if it had the chance to put that ending where the mangaka originally wanted to imo.

Harlett
August 09, 2009, 12:25 AM
Asklepios?
Oh, right. When I finally started to like this series PUFF it ends!
It was not fair, haha.

Recovery at the last minute ... it is difficult to [No, I'm not very optimistic)

cleodux
August 10, 2009, 05:04 AM
ch.12 is quite funny, i got a good laugh when the 3 trying out strategy to defeat the test. ch13 is the introduction of Ryozanpaku and the last test takes place. We can see the fight getting better. Well i don't really looking forward to the fights and fancy moves. I can turn to Bleach for that. Just want a decent storyline. Where the chapters are not dragging.

Nowdays people who read manga expections are very high, too darn high compare when we read Dragon Ball. So that is why a lot of potential manga got axed very early.

Koshi_Inaba
August 10, 2009, 05:27 AM
I think this series would have been more successful had Amano work together with a light novel writer or professional manga writer. His writing style is just not suited for battle manga.

Negative Syndicate
August 20, 2009, 06:58 PM
Including Amano, most of axed author's weakness is that they don't have a great skill in story telling. They need to work someone who can come up with great plots. And Amano has a great artwork skill, he should be successful if he worked with pair.

But, I wished Akatsuki and Nisio pair to be great example for these kind of magakas, but looks like they are also not doing well.
[hr]
I found a spoiler for chapter 14.

http://image03.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_4.JPGhttp://image03.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_10.JPGhttp://image02.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_2.JPGhttp://image02.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_3.JPGhttp://image03.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_6.JPGhttp://image03.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_9.JPGhttp://image02.pita.st/tmp/5/l/5ltdfhol_1.JPG

NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't become better Akaboshi, I'll be sad when it got axed! Damn you, Japanese readers!

Drmke
August 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
I like the title page but then again, this series does have really nice title pages on each chapter.

Morri
August 20, 2009, 09:50 PM
It looks like the rest of the Taiten Gyoudou show up to bail Taisou and Rinchuu out. That's more than a little disappointing. Especially since, if I recall what I've read about the novel, this battle is supposed to be the time to shine for Rinchuu (Lin Chong).

On the plus side, at least we'll get to finally see Kousonsyou.

Idol
August 21, 2009, 03:51 AM
Soruce: 2ch

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5496/hdfh.th.png (http://img149.imageshack.us/i/hdfh.png/)

タイトル 入雲龍、姿をくらます
梁山泊`第二闘技場`
ぶらぼー『何でしょ?』
たいそ『`解せねぇ`っつったんだよ』
『`豹子頭`りんちゅうって言や おたくらにとって英雄みたいなもんだろ?』
『だが何故かおうりんってヤローは』
『どうしても坊ちゃんを入山させたくねぇらいし』
ぶらぼー『さぁ…何の話ですか?』
たいそう『すっとぼけんなよ』
ちゅんちゅん ごぉごぉ
ぶらぼー『ぶらぼー』
たいそう『んだよ笑えねーな』
『もーちっと驚いてくれたっていいんじゃね?俺泣いちゃうよ?』
ぶらぼー『やだなー!びっくりしてますってー』
『やーほんと…』
『びっくり』
ヂャ!ふぁ ひぅあはわ
ひゅんひゅん ばご
たいそう『手品ヤローが』
『吐いちまえよ』
『隠し事は体に悪いぜ』
ぶらぼー『隠し事だって?』
『やー』
『まーそれは』
『お互い様って事で』
たいそう『…何の話かな?』

El Autor
August 21, 2009, 08:25 PM
That "climax" thing... means that Akaboshi´s going to end? D:

Negative Syndicate
August 21, 2009, 08:31 PM
That "climax" thing... means that Akaboshi´s going to end? D:

There wasn't any news about Akaboshi will end in next issue. I think the climax meant for the end of Taisou's and Rinchuu's battle. But, Akaboshi will be axed on matter of time.

Koshi_Inaba
August 21, 2009, 09:27 PM
Well, at least he has shown us how badass the Taiten Gyoudo members are. A little bit too late for that. You know, seeing that the 1st chapter was quite good, I have no idea how Amano sensei manage to sunk it low with those horrible jokes, lame fight, lame villain.

El Autor
August 21, 2009, 09:29 PM
There wasn't any news about Akaboshi will end in next issue. I think the climax meant for the end of Taisou's and Rinchuu's battle. But, Akaboshi will be axed on matter of time.

That´s sad u.u

Magicoreo
August 22, 2009, 07:49 PM
It's a shame, really. I just looked at the raws and it looked pretty badass.

BBB Banana
August 23, 2009, 07:01 AM
this week's chapter was great for me. Is it possible to cancel the cancelation (lol) if akaboshi rises in the rankings, and if the first volume sells well?

Zamurai
August 23, 2009, 07:42 AM
Wow,this week's chapter is much better than the previous ones..makes me sad thinking this series will fall out in due to lack of good storytelling..-_-

and just when they've introduced Kousonsyuu...

Pavitre
August 23, 2009, 08:01 AM
can you guys tell me who this Nyuuunyu character is of the taiten gaidou.

And who's this Kousonsyuu you guys are talking about?

Negative Syndicate
August 23, 2009, 09:05 AM
this week's chapter was great for me. Is it possible to cancel the cancelation (lol) if akaboshi rises in the rankings, and if the first volume sells well?

I think in order for Akaboshi to save from cancelation, it has to escape from bottom 5, no matter what. The first volume will be releasing at October, and I don't think Akaboshi won't last until October, unless somehow the editors let it live longer.

can you guys tell me who this Nyuuunyu character is of the taiten gaidou.

And who's this Kousonsyuu you guys are talking about?

Kousonsyuu is Nyuunryu. Nyuunryu is Kousonsyu's nickname.

Siberia
August 23, 2009, 09:07 AM
the new chapter is good but not great. Im losing my interest gradually lol

the main charactor stopped annoying me which is good =.=

El Autor
August 23, 2009, 10:30 AM
Oh, i saw mi favorite character Outeiroku in action!
Now i can die happy :3 .............. but Akaboshi must live long >:3

Drmke
August 23, 2009, 02:37 PM
Chapter 14 was surprising good compared to the last few. The fights have definitely improved. And like Siberia said, the main character isn't annoying me either anymore lol...at least for this chapter. Maybe the annoying gags are behind us.

Negative Syndicate
August 23, 2009, 03:50 PM
I heard that there is another manga that based on Water Margin, similar to Akaboshi, from different magazine, serialized at same month. I think it is called "Tsuki no Hebi ~SuikodenIbun~".

Does anyone knows is Akaboshi better than Tsuki no Hebi, or vice versa?

Drmke
August 23, 2009, 04:00 PM
I heard that there is another manga that based on Water Margin, similar to Akaboshi, from different magazine, serialized at same month. I think it is called "Tsuki no Hebi ~SuikodenIbun~".

Does anyone knows is Akaboshi better than Tsuki no Hebi, or vice versa?

Hmm....interesting. I wanna know about it too but since its from a brand new magazine, it could be awhile before any attention is paid to it.

Siberia
August 24, 2009, 01:01 AM
I think I have read the one u mentioned. to be honest, I only read the first chapter n dropped .

And there is another one (朱憑) similar to Naruto, its available in MH.

xi0
August 25, 2009, 05:23 AM
Tsuki no Hebi is serialized in Gessan (Monthly Shounen Sunday), and no offense but, it has to be at least as good as Akaboshi.

Akaboshi has only it's art to stand on, other than that, it has nothing going on.

Drmke
August 25, 2009, 06:31 PM
There is a rumor about Akaboshi ending in issue 43 of Jump...That's about 3 weeks. Not 100% though.

cleodux
August 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
I think the biggest flaw of Akaboshi is the setting of the story is more suitable for novel series or game (suikoden!) And eventhough it has its own charm, it easily overshadowed by other mainstream series like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn etc etc. Even though their chapter on that particular week are crap i still think many 10-15years old will still vote their fav series instead of giving Akaboshi a try. Hell i even think that they don't really read Akaboshi. Most who like Akaboshi are those grown up group those who enjoy reading boring stuff to kill time.

Koshi_Inaba
August 25, 2009, 11:28 PM
I think the biggest flaw of Akaboshi is the setting of the story is more suitable for novel series or game (suikoden!) And eventhough it has its own charm, it easily overshadowed by other mainstream series like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn etc etc. Even though their chapter on that particular week are crap i still think many 10-15years old will still vote their fav series instead of giving Akaboshi a try. Hell i even think that they don't really read Akaboshi. Most who like Akaboshi are those grown up group those who enjoy reading boring stuff to kill time.

Akaboshi was not well received by the japanese fan inside and outside WSJ demographic and the non wsj buying public. Just look at 2ch or other japanese forum. My friend who live in Japan also said that most of the people he know doesn't enjoy Akaboshi. If it was really popular even outside the demographic or by the non wsj buying public, it would have at least escape the the bottom 5 and be judged later by the tank's sales like D.Gray or Mago

Akaboshi is just one of those series that is hype by foreign fandom but lackluster inside it's own country. The foreign fandom usually like series which is energetic and fun. Japanese usually like one with creativity. But you know, as much I like Akaboshi, when I remember a certain user who said that Akaboshi could become the new Bleach and more popular than Mago, I can't help but laugh my ass of with Akaboshi failing big time.

Negative Syndicate
August 28, 2009, 08:25 AM
見どころ
りんちゅう たいそう ひっさつわざを くりだした
こうかばつぐん で 色々あってのっとりせいこう
たいそうがこれから俺達が国を変える発言
次号 たいてんぎょうどうが変えた未来とは!?

People from saying that this spoiler is true. If it is, Akaobshi's ending is coming rather earlier than we thought, and Medaka might be safe this round.
[hr]
I found a real spoiler for chapter 15.

15話 白衣秀士、言の葉を操る

建物の中、王倫に質問をする者が1人(下っ端の誰か)
「あの試合に何の意味があるのか?」「豹子頭が入山してくれれば梁山泊には
願っても無い事なのに」

この男は義賊になりたくて入山したのに、資金集めといって盗賊まがいの
事ばかりをしてる梁山泊に疑問を持ってるようす。
「周りもそれに疑問を持たないなんて変ではないですか?」と問い詰める。
男が今朝の集会に来ていなかった事を確かめ帰るよう促す王倫。
「私は詩をしたためているのだ」「邪魔をしないでもらえないか」
鋭い眼光に男の体の自由が奪われる。
王倫は筆の墨を一適舌の上に落とす。 すると墨は字となり浮かび上がり
男の耳に向かって突き進み、耳に入ったとたん男はロボットのように
王倫の言葉に従う。
「この世の夜明け」「王倫様万歳!!」と立ち去っていく。
王倫「そう、夜明けの刻は近いのだ」
「お前たちを一人残らず宋朝に売り 私が栄職に就く刻がな」

戴宗vs朱貴 戦
包丁の攻撃が続いてる。
これで最後と朱貴は大量の包丁で巨大な鳥を作り出す。「極楽鳥!!!」
鳥は戴宗めがけて突き刺さり、最後は戴宗のいた場所に地面に鳥籠の形を
作り出す。大喜びの群集。
朱貴「これであなたの炎はきえてしまったのよね」
が、立ち去ろうとした時異変に気がつく。
包丁が一瞬で吹っ飛び炎とともに傷だらけの戴宗が現れる。
「”アイツ”をぶっ殺すまで誰だろォーと俺の炎は消せねえ!!!」
苦い顔の朱貴「炎による気流で壁を作り致命傷を避けたか・・・・」

林冲vs杜遷・宗万組 戦
林冲「あなた達の雷はもう私には届かない」
「次は私が武技を疲労する番です!」と、雷を破った真空の道を作る。
真空の道はその空間を埋めようと急激に空気が吸い寄せられ、
そこで発生する衝撃波がしべ手を斬り刻む真空の刃となる。
「夢幻百花-椿!!!」

同時進行で戴宗の技
炎の一閃は周りの小さな炎を取り込みながら巨大化し、それは
鉄の沸点をも超える超高温の炎の旋風となる
「神行旋龍!!!」

林冲、戴宗の技が見開きで炸裂!
梁山泊に2つの巨大な衝撃が起こって
以下次号

[hr]
Plus picture

http://imepita.jp/20090828/600320
http://imepita.jp/20090828/600670
http://imepita.jp/20090828/601300
http://imepita.jp/20090828/601580
http://imepita.jp/20090828/602280

cleodux
August 28, 2009, 12:21 PM
But you know, as much I like Akaboshi, when I remember a certain user who said that Akaboshi could become the new Bleach and more popular than Mago, I can't help but laugh my ass of with Akaboshi failing big time.

Well it will be very hard for Akaboshi to do that, since now it is still struggling to earn positive review from WSJ readers.

As much as creativity need to do with manga, i think the setting is also important, shinigami, and youkai, 2 of popular (i don't know folklore maybe) from japan is quiet interesting. Where by Akaboshi... bandit? who oppose evil empire... same old same old.

But nevertheless i will be lying if i said i don't enjoy Akaboshi.

The spoiler pictures... looks like Amano last ditch effort to appeal to Jump readers. The fighting and stuff. I am guessing the conclusion of Rinchuu's fight.

Negative Syndicate
August 28, 2009, 12:30 PM
I think Akaboshi is getting positive response from 2ch. There are more positive reviews than negative reviews on last few weeks. Japanese readers finally getting attention to Akaboshi, but I'm not sure whether it is too late or not.

Koshi_Inaba
August 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
It's probably too late to save it, it already driven off many readers. If only amano sensei follow the road taken fujisaki sensei in Hoshin Engi and combine deep drama and funny comedy and know when to be funny or when to be serious, it would have really good. Also, Taisou is nowhere as charismatic, charming and intelligent as Taikobou. How people can say this is the new Engi is beyond me.

Meromorphe
August 28, 2009, 02:52 PM
@everyone
Keep the discussion cool about Akaboshi in waiting for the next chapter that will be soon. I don't want the thread to turn into personal attacks.

Siberia
August 28, 2009, 03:22 PM
I love Akaboshi coz the artwork looks impressive n recent chapters did improve a lot n thats why I feel a bit sad about its recent rumour, btw, Im Kinda sick of hearing the voice that Akaboshi will be axed owing to a decline in popularity, I mean, the same comment has been made for more than 50 times by a few people which is way too much, too much. It would be cool to come up with something new coz its poll isn't the only discussion point.

For whats worth, market responses are quite reliable.

btw, I can't wait to read the new chapter!!! hows the battle going on!!!

menino
August 28, 2009, 09:19 PM
i agree Akaboshi must live long, this is a awesome manga, the main charactor is so cool he is the best ;d

Drmke
August 28, 2009, 11:23 PM
Its a shame Amano is just now getting his act together and making the manga really cool. I'm psyched cause those spoiler pics looked sweet. If it makes it, I will be happy if it continues how its starting to go now, but if it dies, I won't be shocked.

xi0
August 29, 2009, 04:13 AM
I love Akaboshi coz the artwork looks impressive n recent chapters did improve a lot n thats why I feel a bit sad about its recent rumour, btw, Im Kinda sick of hearing the voice that Akaboshi will be axed owing to a decline in popularity, I mean, the same comment has been made for more than 50 times by a few people which is way too much, too much. It would be cool to come up with something new coz its poll isn't the only discussion point.

For whats worth, market responses are quite reliable.

I can appreciate what your saying, but the problem is that Akaboshi might get the axe before it's first tankoubon is released. Then it would be too late, regardless of the market response.

SameOld
August 29, 2009, 06:08 AM

I believe there has been so much talk about Akaboshi's (possible) end because it didn't crash and burn like, say, Meister or Hoop Men. It's not last in every issue, which means it isn't guaranteed to get axed, even though its chances of survival are really low. Had it been dead last from the very start, most fans (myself included) would have given up hope already.

Besides, I've noticed Akaboshi, despite having a great number of haters, also has a pretty big fanbase around the internet. It's just that the fans are way less vocal about their opinion on the series than the haters.

It's AWESOME! This week's chapter showed Taisou's battle against Shuuki and it had one of the most visually impressive scenes I've seen in a long time:

Shuuki's "Gokurakuchou", a huge bird made of knives. Check it out on page 8.

BBB Banana
August 29, 2009, 11:24 AM
It's AWESOME! This week's chapter showed Taisou's battle against Shuuki and it had one of the most visually impressive scenes I've seen in a long time:

You're rigth this week's chapter looks so cool can't wait for the translations

And sadly akaboshi has now a larger risk of being axed cuse To love-ru ended and many echi fans may turn to low ranked echi series like Ane doki and Medaka Box (this one is not that echi but even so).

Siberia
August 29, 2009, 01:57 PM

ur right!!!! I love the new chapter!!!!I saw the huge bird n it looks awesome!! I love the recent chapters!

Koen
September 02, 2009, 05:21 PM
Well, I have to say akaboshi has become pretty interesting. This is thanks to the arc which is pretty interesting and I love it a lot. I look foward to the result of their mission but they better watch out for ourin because he seems to have a strong power. Well let's see what our heroes' fatal blows will give

Btw, is it just me but has the main character, taisou, become more interesting (and thus less annoying) since he ended up with rinchuu

BBB Banana
September 02, 2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah in fact Taisou seems more serious but that may be only because he was losing the batle. And I don't believe only the three of them can take over the fortress.

Drmke
September 02, 2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah Ourin's power is very strange. It seems he can control people, but what I wonder is what else is he capable of? Though being able to control people pretty much allows you to do whatever you want in a sense.

cleodux
September 03, 2009, 09:31 PM
Maybe something like Kotodama users, as long as you know his/her name you can control them. Or mind control like Don Flammingo >.< but i vote for Kotodama, because there were words came out from his mouth.

Ch15. pleased me, i agreed with SameOld, the fighting is visually impressive, it has been a while since i see such drawings. And oh i like the blood. Blood scenes are always good >.<

Negative Syndicate
September 04, 2009, 06:50 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 16.

Looks like Shuki, Souman, and Tosen are not in the control of Ourin's power. Also, rest of Taiten Gyoudou members are going to Ryuzanbaku.

16話 替天行道、起つ

林冲の夢幻百花”椿”が放たれる。「この真空の刃で椿の花の如く散るのです」
刃が杜遷・宗万を襲い、シルエットで二人の頭が飛んだかに見えた。
が、斬られて地面に転がったのは杜遷の雷電金剛杵。
宗万「貴様どういうつもりだ・・何故首を狙わない!?」「そうすれば今頃
ここに転がってるのは俺たちの頭だ」
林冲「一つ勘違いをしているようですね。先程申した通り私は手解き差し上げただけ」
「調練は人殺しの場ではありませんから」
その言葉に観念した杜遷。「あー完っ璧に負けちまったぃ!!!」「悔しいなぁー」
「でもそれ以上に同士になれて嬉しいぜィ」「ぼかぁアンタが気に入ったよ、林師範」
宗万も同じく観念した様子。
林冲は戴宗の試合を気にかけ「もし負けていたら私が許しませんよ」と言いつつ
戦いのダメージに気を失う。

戴宗vs朱貴 戦
戴宗の神行旋龍が炸裂するも朱貴は全くの無傷。
朱貴「どーゆーつもり?」「ワザとよね?せっかくのチャンスを」
戴宗「よく見ろよ、俺の炎は鉄をも溶かすぜ!!」
よく周りを見ると、朱貴の武器は全て溶かされていた。
戴宗「おたくはもう戦えねえ・・俺の・・勝ち・・・・だ・・」
といいつつ、ダメージで気を失う戴宗。
朱貴「残念。どんなに強くても所詮は子供、敵にとどめを刺す時は躊躇しちゃダーメー」「それにさっきので最後なんて大人の言う事簡単に信じちゃダメなのよね」
と、不敵な笑みで一本だけ隠していたナイフを見せ付ける。

しかしその瞬間、翠蓮が倒れた戴宗を庇い手を広げ立ちふさがる。
翠蓮「お願い・・」と泣きながら朱貴に助けを請う。
見物人が邪魔だ引っ込めと騒ぎ出す
朱貴「大丈夫、殺しゃーしないよ!」「この子は私のお気に入りなんだから」
「この子の真っ直ぐな甘さは嫌いじゃないのよね」「この勝負は私の負け」
と戴宗の合格を認める。

時間が過ぎ、建物内。戴宗、林冲 共に包帯ぐるぐる巻きの状態。
お互い痛くも痒くもないと強がり自慢するも、触っただけで失神。
「騒がしいわね。元気そうじゃない」と朱貴からの差し入れのギガ豚まんを持って
扈三娘が尋ねて来る。
怪我が治り次第、頭領が面会するとの情報がもたらされる。
翠蓮は朱貴から「王倫が最近おかしい」との話を聞いている。
朱貴「目的はわからないが、外の誰かと接触してる気配がある」「イヤな予感だけは
ビンビンするのよね」

場面変わって夜の梁山泊の水際の高い崖。
王倫が一人飛び降り、水面に墨の妖術を使い魚の道を作って対岸に渡る。
対岸には男がいる。
「梁山泊は我々国にとっても厄介な害虫の巣だ」「まさかそこの親玉が駆除の協力を
申し出てくれるとは思わなかったが」
「この計画が上手くいけば約束通り官職を与えよう」
「そのためにこの4人を 梁山泊に入山させて戴きたい」
男は済州 緝捕観察(さいしゅう しゅうほかんさつ)”何濤(かとう)”
後ろに送り込まれる不気味な4人がいる。
王倫「たった4人でいいのか?」
何濤「つりが来る、一人でも一山潰すぐらい 十分な実力だよ」

場面変わって十字坡。鳩が運んだ手紙を読み、花和尚「動いた!!」
総員で「行くぞ!!」

夜の梁山泊内、扈三娘が一人で辺りをうかがいながら
なにやら隠密行動をし始めて・・
以下次号

[hr]
Plus some pictures

http://imepita.jp/20090904/557840
http://imepita.jp/20090904/558050
http://imepita.jp/20090904/558390
http://imepita.jp/20090904/560480
http://imepita.jp/20090904/558600

BBB Banana
September 04, 2009, 07:05 AM
Can someone translate the script please? Akaboshi seems to be getting popular cause usually there's not spoiles for unpopular mangas

Koshi_Inaba
September 04, 2009, 08:01 AM
Since the beginning Akaboshi already had spoiler posted, having spoiler is not a measure of popularity.

cleodux
September 05, 2009, 02:51 AM
ch16 raws.

Look like all the taitengyodou members are marching to Ryozanpaku. And Ourin is meeting with ppl who wish to enter the fort?

Oh and i think if Taisou finds out that Shuki still left 1 more knife he will pissed.

Other than that nice good chapter.

Siberia
September 05, 2009, 03:38 AM
This week's chapter isn't so bad ^^ Hope it will be getting interesting chapter by chapter

El Autor
September 05, 2009, 03:47 PM
woooh Taiten Gyodo to the palace! finally Outeiroku in action!

DeidaraGrimmjow
September 06, 2009, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know if the Japanses reception to Akaboshi improved any? It made it out of the bottom five last week but now it's right back. I'm starting to lose all hope for it...

Koshi_Inaba
September 06, 2009, 03:52 PM
Negative response has lessened, but in term of popularity, let's juts say you should consider every worst possible result

El Autor
September 06, 2009, 09:09 PM
it seems that Akaboshi is in the bottom 5 once again D:

I hope it goes up again soon

Siberia
September 07, 2009, 10:26 AM
If Akaboshi has got enough pages to release vol2, seeing no sign for reaching an end in the manga for the time being, it would survive to get its third volume.

Koshi_Inaba
September 07, 2009, 10:50 AM
Akaboshi is not out of danger yet, Jump editors are cruel enough to cancel any series that they feel lacking.

Siberia
September 07, 2009, 11:06 AM
As long as it has new chapters then I will read, I don't care it would be axed or not as its out of my control. Its not only Akaboshi but also some new series are in danger, Im still looking forward to every new chapter

Negative Syndicate
September 07, 2009, 11:30 AM
If Akaboshi has got enough pages to release vol2, seeing no sign for reaching an end in the manga for the time being, it would survive to get its third volume.

I think Akaboshi already have two volumes worth chapters.

Drmke
September 07, 2009, 09:25 PM

It will definitely have enough for 3 volumes and more than likely 4, that is assuming it gets canceled in November which hasn't been decided yet so we gotta hope for the best.

kokuyoki
September 07, 2009, 10:59 PM
where can I see the ToC for WSJ? ^_^

Koshi_Inaba
September 07, 2009, 11:06 PM
Go to otaku shoten section and look for the shonen jump forum. The bottom 5 of the toc usually come at sunday or monday, while the entire list come at wednesday. This is the bottom 5 for issue 42:
Ane Doki
Psyren
Akaboshi
Medaka Box
Kagijin

cleodux
September 08, 2009, 04:50 AM
i am not really worried about Akaboshi, starting next week the toc ranking is about Ryozanpaku arc, if Akaboshi gets better rank, i think it can be save. Moreover Taisou less annoying at recent chapters, and his combi with Rinchuu is interesting. And Kosanjou is a sweet little girl who has a herculian strength. Suiren.... (i am seriously don't know her purposes on the story) well maybe as a limitation for Taisou to not being so reckless.

Ourin's ability is too badass for Akaboshi being cut >.< this manga is one of the rarest that i find the fighting are interesting. Not really generic.

Koshi_Inaba
September 08, 2009, 05:09 AM
again, as much as I like the Ryozanpaku arc, everything is still speculation.

cleodux
September 08, 2009, 05:57 AM
It will much appreciated if you start to post some decent discussion about the current chapter development rather than talking about Akaboshi is going to get axed or something. It is so sad that almost half of the posts on this thread are talking about how Akaboshi is going down etc.

Lets enjoy the current chapter. Lets discuss about what Taitengyodou's members ability looks like. I am curious about the guy with the abacus. Seriously what you can do with it >.< throwing it to your enemy while calculating the cost of how much damage and first aid kid need to bandage your opponents. That will be cool lol.

Koshi_Inaba
September 08, 2009, 06:16 AM
I'll start doing that if the others also stop saying this arc is going to get it up, blah blah blah. Again, all are speculations, whether it's going down or up. Let's start talking about the actual series instead.

Drmke
September 08, 2009, 07:57 PM
I am curious about the guy with the abacus. Seriously what you can do with it >.< throwing it to your enemy while calculating the cost of how much damage and first aid kid need to bandage your opponents. That will be cool lol.

My for every bead he moves, his opponent gets one hit to the face :XD

kokuyoki
September 08, 2009, 11:12 PM
My for every bead he moves, his opponent gets one hit to the face :XD

LOL :D

BTW, do you guys think that Suiren would get useful someday?
[hr]

Go to otaku shoten section and look for the shonen jump forum. The bottom 5 of the toc usually come at sunday or monday, while the entire list come at wednesday. This is the bottom 5 for issue 42:
Ane Doki
Psyren
Akaboshi
Medaka Box
Kagijin

thanks ^_^

Morri
September 09, 2009, 10:29 AM
Suiren.... (i am seriously don't know her purposes on the story) well maybe as a limitation for Taisou to not being so reckless.Her role is most likely as a reader-proxy or expositionist. She's there so that new information can be explained/introduced to the readers without seeming out of place. Pretty much all of the Taiten Gyoudo stuff has been explained either by her or to her, and through that the readers learn as well.

Or at least that's my interpretation.

I am curious about the guy with the abacus. Seriously what you can do with it >.< throwing it to your enemy while calculating the cost of how much damage and first aid kid need to bandage your opponents. That will be cool lol.I'm betting his fighting ability is "magic" based. He probably used chi or something, but it would be hilarious if his ability was tied to his abacus.

But who's to say he's even a fighter? His job within the TG could be just as support or defense. Or he could just be the TG's accountant.

cleodux
September 10, 2009, 03:13 AM
yeah i thought he is there just for finance related, but there is this page where every member of Taitengyodou make a pose (something like, it is showdown time) and he is there with his abacus :D

About Suiren apart from being proxy characters, she is also a straight character more like Shinpachi version from Gintama. So we can handle the funny interaction between Taisou and Rinchuu better?

I do hope Suiren got more important role later in to the story.

EDIT:OMG cute signature.

El Autor
September 10, 2009, 01:07 PM
what happened to the chapter 16 in English? D:

I want to read.... TT_TT

Negative Syndicate
September 11, 2009, 08:16 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 17.

17話 流星、曝(さら)け出す

建物内、朱貴が林冲、戴宗の回復振りに感心している。
朱貴「2人共死にかけだったのに、たった一晩でここまでかいふくするなんてねィ」
戴宗・林冲「こいつには負けたく ねーし・ないですから」

王倫に早く会いたがる戴宗。
朱貴「もう 梁山泊の同志になったんだからそんな焦らなくたって」
戴宗「同志?・・・笑えねーな」「オレらぁ替天行道だからな」
「おたくらの同志になんざなるわきゃねーだろ」
と立場をバラしてしまう。
慌てる翠蓮・林冲。「マジかィ!?チビッコ」と驚く杜遷。
戴宗「そっちのヤローはある程度感付いてたろーがな」と朱貴を指す
朱貴「何となく裏があるくらいしか気づいてなかったのよね」「裏の義賊とは・・」

「王倫の首を取って梁山泊を替天行道の拠点にする」と目的もバラす戴宗。
戴宗「どの道王倫のクズ一匹に騙され続けて義賊を気取ってる哀れな盗賊どもの目を
覚ましてやんなきゃなんねーんだし」
との言葉に怒り、戴宗の胸ぐらをつかむ杜遷。
杜遷「王倫様はこの国を平和にする救世主なんだぜィ!!」
戴宗「だから目を覚ませって、王倫の動きは明らかに変だ」
「本当に国を憂いてんならおたくらが替天の同志になれよ!」
憤慨する杜遷。
朱貴「世直しなんて面倒くさい趣味無いのよね」と我関せず。
ここで王倫からの召集の命が出て全員表に出よとの通達が。

梁山泊の全員が集まり、中央に王倫とその後ろに4人の新しい入山希望者。
様子を見る一同、パンダに興奮の翠蓮。

王倫「我が同胞らに問う、私は誰だ」  
群集「我らが梁山泊頭領王倫様」
王倫「私のために何でもするか」
群集「王倫様が望むなら何なりと!!」
王倫「うむ、そォかそォか」「では私のために全員・・・」

不気味な笑みとともに「今ここで死んでくれるか?」

入山希望者の一番でかいのが一人を平手で叩き潰す。
驚き逃げ出す群衆たち。「王倫様これは一体・・」「訳を・・」
「害虫駆除だよ」と別の入山希望者達も群集らを殺し始める。
パンダ、群集を喰いまくる。
杜遷「何だコレ」「何なんだよォ王倫様!!」
「これじゃアイツの言った通りじゃ・・・・・」

時を同じくし、梁山泊入り江に外からの敵襲の合図。
官軍の大船団が攻め込んでくる(見開き)
船の先頭に立つ何濤。「討て」
船から弓矢の雨。
門番たちが必死に応戦体制。

「何濤様の軍も到着したようだネ」「早く門を開けなきゃ」「ペースあげるヨ」
と殺戮を続ける4人

4人の入山希望者が国の刺客と気づく群集。
慌てる杜遷たち。「何がなんだかわかんねぇ!!」
朱貴「しっかりしなよ、悩んでる暇は無いのよね」
「この梁山泊を守るのが私たちの仕事」
王倫の所業に怒り心頭の林冲・扈三娘。
戴宗「梁山泊は 替天行道の拠点になるんだっての」「おたくらヒトの庭で」
「少々暴れすぎだ!!!」
林冲、戴宗、杜遷・宋万、朱貴がそれぞれ技で4人の刺客を止める。

朱貴「このままじゃ城門が突破されるまでもって一時間ね」
林冲「その前に門を開けられればその場でアウトです」
戴宗「ふ-ん」
戴宗「要は一時間以内にこいつら」「ぶっ殺しゃイイって事かよ」

「簡単でイんじゃん?」
林冲、戴宗、杜遷・宋万、朱貴・扈三娘が見開きで不敵なポーズ決めて

以下次号

http://imepita.jp/20090911/576190
http://imepita.jp/20090911/576380
http://imepita.jp/20090911/577130
http://imepita.jp/20090911/577290
http://imepita.jp/20090911/578300

SameOld
September 11, 2009, 09:37 AM
I found a spoiler for chapter 17.

17話 流星、曝(さら)け出す

建物内、朱貴が林冲、戴宗の回復振りに感心している。
朱貴「2人共死にかけだったのに、たった一晩でここまでかいふくするなんてねィ」
戴宗・林冲「こいつには負けたく ねーし・ないですから」

王倫に早く会いたがる戴宗。
朱貴「もう 梁山泊の同志になったんだからそんな焦らなくたって」
戴宗「同志?・・・笑えねーな」「オレらぁ替天行道だからな」
「おたくらの同志になんざなるわきゃねーだろ」
と立場をバラしてしまう。
慌てる翠蓮・林冲。「マジかィ!?チビッコ」と驚く杜遷。
戴宗「そっちのヤローはある程度感付いてたろーがな」と朱貴を指す
朱貴「何となく裏があるくらいしか気づいてなかったのよね」「裏の義賊とは・・」

「王倫の首を取って梁山泊を替天行道の拠点にする」と目的もバラす戴宗。
戴宗「どの道王倫のクズ一匹に騙され続けて義賊を気取ってる哀れな盗賊どもの目を
覚ましてやんなきゃなんねーんだし」
との言葉に怒り、戴宗の胸ぐらをつかむ杜遷。
杜遷「王倫様はこの国を平和にする救世主なんだぜィ!!」
戴宗「だから目を覚ませって、王倫の動きは明らかに変だ」
「本当に国を憂いてんならおたくらが替天の同志になれよ!」
憤慨する杜遷。
朱貴「世直しなんて面倒くさい趣味無いのよね」と我関せず。
ここで王倫からの召集の命が出て全員表に出よとの通達が。

梁山泊の全員が集まり、中央に王倫とその後ろに4人の新しい入山希望者。
様子を見る一同、パンダに興奮の翠蓮。

王倫「我が同胞らに問う、私は誰だ」  
群集「我らが梁山泊頭領王倫様」
王倫「私のために何でもするか」
群集「王倫様が望むなら何なりと!!」
王倫「うむ、そォかそォか」「では私のために全員・・・」

不気味な笑みとともに「今ここで死んでくれるか?」

入山希望者の一番でかいのが一人を平手で叩き潰す。
驚き逃げ出す群衆たち。「王倫様これは一体・・」「訳を・・」
「害虫駆除だよ」と別の入山希望者達も群集らを殺し始める。
パンダ、群集を喰いまくる。
杜遷「何だコレ」「何なんだよォ王倫様!!」
「これじゃアイツの言った通りじゃ・・・・・」

時を同じくし、梁山泊入り江に外からの敵襲の合図。
官軍の大船団が攻め込んでくる(見開き)
船の先頭に立つ何濤。「討て」
船から弓矢の雨。
門番たちが必死に応戦体制。

「何濤様の軍も到着したようだネ」「早く門を開けなきゃ」「ペースあげるヨ」
と殺戮を続ける4人

4人の入山希望者が国の刺客と気づく群集。
慌てる杜遷たち。「何がなんだかわかんねぇ!!」
朱貴「しっかりしなよ、悩んでる暇は無いのよね」
「この梁山泊を守るのが私たちの仕事」
王倫の所業に怒り心頭の林冲・扈三娘。
戴宗「梁山泊は 替天行道の拠点になるんだっての」「おたくらヒトの庭で」
「少々暴れすぎだ!!!」
林冲、戴宗、杜遷・宋万、朱貴がそれぞれ技で4人の刺客を止める。

朱貴「このままじゃ城門が突破されるまでもって一時間ね」
林冲「その前に門を開けられればその場でアウトです」
戴宗「ふ-ん」
戴宗「要は一時間以内にこいつら」「ぶっ殺しゃイイって事かよ」

「簡単でイんじゃん?」
林冲、戴宗、杜遷・宋万、朱貴・扈三娘が見開きで不敵なポーズ決めて

以下次号

http://imepita.jp/20090911/576190
http://imepita.jp/20090911/576380
http://imepita.jp/20090911/577130
http://imepita.jp/20090911/577290
http://imepita.jp/20090911/578300

Hmm, so it's gonna be an enemy introduction chapter. The new enemies look bizarre - in a good way. Can't wait until the battle with them starts, even though I'd rather have a few intermission chapters before the next round of fights.