PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 17 (Chap. 135-143) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

KaNx
May 18, 2009, 10:06 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/135/)

Discuss the chapter and what you think will happen next time.

Patta
May 18, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yeeha! Jura and the pervert one are back! Looks like he healed the bunch with his parfume. And Erza ready to give her arm up from pain...didn't see that coming. Good thing Gray stopped Leon even though that led to Erza fainting. So she probably won't do much in this arc anymore.
The darkness-thing sucking Wendy and Happy in was just creepy xD reminded me somehow of Blackbeard's abilities of One Piece.

goldb
May 18, 2009, 10:25 AM
Yeeha! Jura and the pervert one are back! Looks like he healed the bunch with his parfume. And Erza ready to give her arm up from pain...didn't see that coming. Good thing Gray stopped Leon even though that led to Erza fainting. So she probably won't do much in this arc anymore.
The darkness-thing sucking Wendy and Happy in was just creepy xD reminded me somehow of Blackbeard's abilities of One Piece.

Yeah I doubt she'll be back until later on in this arc, near the decisive battles....Oh No!!!!! they took Wendy!!! not Wendy :sniff

I didn't see Jura coming back now, he's definetly a strong mage and the pervert is back too. Lucky's gone too!!!! WHY!!!!

Great chapter btw, waiting for cnet or someone to translate...

Pirulito
May 18, 2009, 10:47 AM
How silly I am!
For a moment, I really thought Erza would lose an arm.

deffkryz
May 18, 2009, 10:47 AM
So ... Wendy is a dragon slayer (tenkuu no doragon sureiyaa / tenryu no wendy on page 19)... and dragons - once again - do not necessarily need to look like saurian.

goldb
May 18, 2009, 11:21 AM
Is there a translation out yet??? I have to got to hurry up and learn japanese....

So Wendy is a Dragon Slayer? So was Grandmine Wendy's master or something?...I love revelations :D

Ju-da-su
May 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
Well . . . as you see, no English translation yet, I think . . . :3

Wendy is a Heaven Dragon Slayer (translation may vary though, like Sky Dragon Slayer, etc. At least Heaven is what I used in my translation, so . . . >_<") It also looks like her spells consist of healing spells, like spell that can heal wounds, cure the poison, relieve pain, etc. All of which are Lost Spells, so . . . IMO, she's so great and cute at the same time . . . >_>"

And . . . yep, Grandmine is her master . . . -_-"

JaySlash
May 18, 2009, 11:46 AM
Dunno why but this arm scene reminded me hard on the scene with Soifon in the last chapter bleach (Bleach)

Good Chapter it's getting more and more exciting.

I hope we'll see more from wendy and her past

hongoasdf
May 18, 2009, 01:03 PM
Cute li'l and defenseless girl that turns out to be a Sacred Divine Dragon? Yep, Fire Emblem.

Although time is extremely relative in manga, and Erza'll no doubtedly hold on untill Wendy is rescued and the poison is cured, I think Mashima will go for a premature rescue, Massive Healings and the reintegration of the Titania to the frontlines for the last couple of battles.

Jura seems to control earth just like pseudo-Kuma. I predict battle.

And Ichiya seems to be more helpful than he looks. I wonder what other kinds of perfumes he has.

Cobra's face in the first page xD a beautiful "WTF" expression.

BTW, doesn't it seem like the Lamia Scale members were a little too agreeable with the idea of Erza losing an arm? Hmmm I wonder...

All in all, decent chapter. I Expect more from the next chapter, though. Please Mr. Mashima, get back into action. Don't make it a "Strategy Planning" chapter, just reveal what the characters had planned as the arc develops.

Evil3ye
May 18, 2009, 03:03 PM
I wonder what she eats? Clouds? :loool

bittman
May 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
Scan seems to be up.

All in all, good chapter, nothing blindingly brilliant, we all knew Wendy should be able to heal support and though most of you guessed Wendy would do some mean badass thing this chapter, I said that wouldn't happen since this arc has only just begun.

Sky Dragon Slayer seems a bit less of a surprise than it should have been, but it probably is still like my dragon priestess prediction. Someone mentioned fire emblem, and I remember Miriam from Fire Emblem 7 (whatever one Lyn and Eliwood was in) who was a human that could summon dragons back to this world. Somehow I have this same feeling about Wendy.

Anyway, thank god Jura and pervert returned.

And since when was Leon Lion? Bad trans?

Kravmaga
May 18, 2009, 07:33 PM
Scan seems to be up.

All in all, good chapter, nothing blindingly brilliant, we all knew Wendy should be able to heal support and though most of you guessed Wendy would do some mean badass thing this chapter, I said that wouldn't happen since this arc has only just begun.

Sky Dragon Slayer seems a bit less of a surprise than it should have been, but it probably is still like my dragon priestess prediction. Someone mentioned fire emblem, and I remember Miriam from Fire Emblem 7 (whatever one Lyn and Eliwood was in) who was a human that could summon dragons back to this world. Somehow I have this same feeling about Wendy.

Anyway, thank god Jura and pervert returned.

Different (perhaps more accurate) choice to represent the phonetics instead of the intended pronunciation?
Kinda like how blaine got turned into brain.

Chapter felt short and unsatisfying imo.
Kinda wish for more action even if it meant a little more bumps and dings on the home team. The way OS left them seemed like they just didn't care to even confirm the kill on them and that feels like cheap storytelling.

And I don't know if I'm just slow at noticing things but is the OS chick a stellar key user? The two little things look like summons and her power to duplicate other people's appearance seems to fit the whole gemini theme...

Chaos Shadow
May 18, 2009, 07:35 PM
interesting chapter.. so wendy really is a support charact but a support Dragon slayer!!
i found funny when wendy grabbed happy´s hand hehehe

i think that it was a bad trans the change of the name of leon to > Lion and in the cover.. he hates gray? wtf!? didnt they resolved their differences at the end of the deliora arc? ( also there is a page when lucy says that they now are cool)

kkck
May 18, 2009, 07:38 PM
I wonder what she eats? Clouds? :loool
Can't help but wonder the same thing... Although more importantly, what does "heaven" represent? Wendy said she had supporting and healing spells and she was also mentioned to have lost magic but that does not seem to be the sort of thing you can attribute to a single element. Maybe she is just sacred and thats that. If thats true, then maybe she will go as far as to heal and recover strength from consuming light or even good feelings.

Thank god erza did not lose her arm otherwise we would have probably seen an orihime crossover to heal that arm....

c0nflikt
May 18, 2009, 07:48 PM
I knew wendy was a dragon slayer, the way Natsu looked at her and how he had a cat too foreshadowed it to easily, I just wanna know what she eats,Pain?Air? wtF?

goldb
May 18, 2009, 08:18 PM
Can't help but wonder the same thing... Although more importantly, what does "heaven" represent? Wendy said she had supporting and healing spells and she was also mentioned to have lost magic but that does not seem to be the sort of thing you can attribute to a single element. Maybe she is just sacred and thats that. If thats true, then maybe she will go as far as to heal and recover strength from consuming light or even good feelings.

Thank god erza did not lose her arm otherwise we would have probably seen an orihime crossover to heal that arm....

Right?? I was starting to think her abilities were gonna be revealed to be something similar, that would be a bummer.

Next chapter'll probably be Oracion Seis wherever they are talking about Wendy and we should get a glimpse at Midnight i should think, unless Mashima-san is planning on keeping the mystery alive for a while longer...

Onomatopoeia
May 18, 2009, 10:40 PM
Good chapter overall most of the things that happened were predicted to some extent though the part where Elza almost got her hand chopped off was a nice bit(in character development not the getting hand chopped off part).

Wendy being captured wasnt really surprising I mean it's true she'll turn out to be uber later but it would be anticlimactic if she owned everybody right at the beginning.

I"m glad they're finally learning to be a team and learning from their mistakes because honestly they acted like they weren't even trying with how unplanned they were.

fizban
May 19, 2009, 01:12 AM
This chapter randomly made me wonder if there is supposed to be a Nekomander for each Dragon Slayer. Some sort of tie between the cats, the dragons, and their dragon slayers. Just seems like a weird coincidence that there are two in the series and they have both bonded with a Dragon person

I expect Gazille to find his Nekomander in the future to give him his wings

Newkerzy
May 19, 2009, 03:27 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting fizban... I for one, didn't expect Wendy to be a Dragon slayer So far, there's 3 dragons (if you count out Luxus) & I have a feeling that there's 7 dragons in total... remember when Natsu asked Gazille about his dragon? & he said he disappeared on the same date as Natsu's & it said he disappeared in 7777 something so, my take is that there are 7 dragons.

goldb
May 19, 2009, 04:06 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting fizban... I for one, didn't expect Wendy to be a Dragon slayer So far, there's 3 dragons (if you count out Luxus) & I have a feeling that there's 7 dragons in total... remember when Natsu asked Gazille about his dragon? & he said he disappeared on the same date as Natsu's & it said he disappeared in 7777 something so, my take is that there are 7 dragons.

At point in the story when there's a such a recurrence of the number "7", I wouldn't be surprised and would quite appreciate it.

sidenote: I hope we find out more about the Lachryma crystal that gave Luxus his Dragon Slayer magic and what different types there are, etc...

Allin
May 19, 2009, 06:36 AM
Regarding that Nekomander thing:
I think it's only a coincidence that Wendy has a cat on her side, too
Well, surely Mashima has planed it but i doubt that there's any deeper meaning. Maybe Mashima done this just so that Wendy and Natsu have something more in common

Ah and I have a question ^^":
What exactly is the meaning of "Nekomander"?
Well i know what it means in my language ^^. The way the word is used in this discussion it sounds like every cat (like Happy and Charle) are declared as Nekomander.

But i thought Nekomander is a kind of Happy's nickname. Because Natsu's nick is "SalaMANDER", so Happy wants to be called "Neko(=Cat)MANDER"
According to this it would make no sense to call Charle or any other speaking or flying Cat "Nekomander".

sidenote: I hope we find out more about the Lachryma crystal that gave Luxus his Dragon Slayer magic and what different types there are, etc...

Yes, that sure is interesting. But i think thats a rather simple thing. Wich Dragon Slayer Type you'll get depends on the Magic, wich you fill in the Lachryma
So actually the interesting question schould be: Where's that Dragon Slayer magic to be found?

fizban
May 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
I just used Nekomander since it was the term coined by one of that species. If there is a deeper connection between the flying cats and the dragons I am sure that they will get a real name in the future

Things are almost never a coincidence in manga unless it involves something perverted and comical.

deffkryz
May 19, 2009, 02:05 PM

Translation issues:

Translators may slap me for being terribly wrong but actually it might be "Lions" or "Rion" as well (source (http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/dictionary?word=%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3&type=kata&search=exact))... And BTW, Mashima himself gave three different transscriptions for エルザ though defined as Elsa (http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/dictionary?word=%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B6&type=kata&search=exact)...

Translating "miko" to sorceress and not to "shrine maiden" is way worse IMHO... BTW, I've been thinking about the chapter's title since last week - wouldn't be "heavenly/celestial shrine maiden" a more appropriate term for "Tenkū no miko"? :blink cnet128 used "Miko of the Sky" tough... :/

Okay back to what happened in the story... I just wonder what Brain thought about when he caught Wendy. And I can't help thinking that Wendy grabbing Happy - for the first time I read FT - was acutally a dumb joke in the first place... Let's see what happens to them since Chall (I deny calling her Charl) seems to be worried for both. ;)

Since I don't want to compare FT to other manga/anime/japanese adventures - I stop for now. ;)

hongoasdf
May 19, 2009, 02:15 PM
Things are almost never a coincidence in manga unless it involves something perverted and comical.

Well said. OR unless the author planned it to be a coincidence. Paradox, anyone?

Anyways, speaking of Luxus... Iván, his father, supposedly said he had no further use for him, so he was going to extract the Lachryma Crystall from his body. He also said that Luxus had a weak body since he was little. So... does that mean that the next time we se Luxus in the series he won't be the allmighty super-freakin-powerful being that he was? God, that would suck. We only see him fight seriously once, and now he's got his power stripped from him. Well, I sure hope Iván doesn´t decide to extract the Crystal yet. Or if he does, Mashima could contemplate the possibility that Luxus doesn't lose all of his power.

Meh, I rambled too much about something (probably) very far off in the future of the series. We'll hopefully have a clue of what will happen before the time comes.

About the Nekomander thing. I sincerely doubt that there'll be a deeper meaning. It may be that every Dragonslayer has one (And that Gazille's was killed would be pretty interesting, too), but in my opinion, those cats won't have a special role in the plot, other than being the Dragonslayers companions (Even though the Dragonslayers will probably be the most important characters plot-wise). Anyways, it's just my opinion. Time (and Mashima) could prove me wrong.

Farfalla
May 19, 2009, 02:34 PM
Happy was just joking about the Nekomander thing xD imo...

Chaos Shadow
May 19, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well said. OR unless the author planned it to be a coincidence. Paradox, anyone?

Anyways, speaking of Luxus... Iván, his father, supposedly said he had no further use for him, so he was going to extract the Lachryma Crystall from his body. He also said that Luxus had a weak body since he was little. So... does that mean that the next time we se Luxus in the series he won't be the allmighty super-freakin-powerful being that he was? God, that would suck. We only see him fight seriously once, and now he's got his power stripped from him. Well, I sure hope Iván doesn´t decide to extract the Crystal yet. Or if he does, Mashima could contemplate the possibility that Luxus doesn't lose all of his power.

i know what u are saying but i think that mashima showed us luxus incredibles power to let us know and have him as the next master of fairy tail, if they extract it or not he will have it back i think.. the new luxus with incredible power ( cadidate for the ten holy great mage tittle?) and now listening to his good heart will be a good master maeby he will need sometime to be like makarov but he will be a good one (i hope i mean this is a theory), thinking about it luxus almost killed natsu 3 times! ( raging bolt attack, fairy law and thunder dragon lance)

bittman
May 21, 2009, 06:31 AM
And I don't know if I'm just slow at noticing things but is the OS chick a stellar key user? The two little things look like summons and her power to duplicate other people's appearance seems to fit the whole gemini theme...

Everyone else ignored this, but I like it.

What would sadden me, however, is that if this is the only stellar spirit she has. I mean, sure Lucy gains one at end of the arc would happen, however this now puts Lucy as the strongest stellar spirit mage in the world since she's over half.

I'd have liked for there to be a rival who has them, but I digress, we aren't even sure if they are Gemini, but I like this prediction.

kkck
May 21, 2009, 11:00 AM

I did not think about that, great theory. I hope it is true, it is about time lucy got another stellar spirit. Although if she uses them, it probably won't be the same as if the oracion 6 girl considering she should be quite more powerful than lucy.

fizban
May 22, 2009, 01:43 AM
Her little creatures would be Gemini, right? Assuming they are from the Zodiac collection

demon1990
May 22, 2009, 08:44 AM
it was a interesting chapter...but i dont think that wendy is a side character.....coz when grandine came to igneel she said that perhaps they will have a better relationship.....which points out that if she was a side character then there would be no need for the dragon to speak about before she was actually revealed....so i think she is going to be a regular character during and after this arc....what do you people think....

justf0rnow
May 22, 2009, 09:06 AM
OMG, i just find out something really interesting
on chapter 103 page 4 (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/103/04/), i realize that max selling Lacrima crystal!!!
luxus father said the crystal cost a fortune but the guild sell it for only 10k...
are those just a figurine or premature crystal perhaps?

kkck
May 23, 2009, 01:52 PM
I just noticed this: We have seen those two critters from that oracion 6 member before:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/06-07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/98/01/

goldb
May 23, 2009, 02:10 PM
yeah someone mentioned that before in one of the previous chapter discussions/predictions...but good find anyway...

what do you guys think the match ups will be like ? oracion seis vs the light alliance???

Onomatopoeia
May 23, 2009, 03:11 PM
yeah someone mentioned that before in one of the previous chapter discussions/predictions...but good find anyway...

what do you guys think the match ups will be like ? oracion seis vs the light alliance???

I doubt any of them can take an OS member one on one though. I'd see large teamates between each guild against even one member.

Well maybe Jura or Super Perv.

kkck
May 23, 2009, 03:17 PM
I guess the match ups will be two on two. I could see the racer guy fighting grey and one more guy. The cobra guy probably will be taken out by natsu.

Wendy seems to be the supporting type, so she probably will be teamed with lucy(she has loki, and aquarious, with good supporting magic she could give the girl from OS a run for her money)

goldb
May 23, 2009, 04:56 PM
I know that, sorry for not being precise, but I just meant match ups, not one on one but who would face EACH of Oracion Seis???

Who do you think will take down Blaine? or Cobra...I reckon Erza for Cobra, just for revenge

deffkryz
May 23, 2009, 07:02 PM
I know that, sorry for not being precise, but I just meant match ups, not one on one but who would face EACH of Oracion Seis???

Who do you think will take down Blaine?

In the end... Natsu in Dragon Mode with Wendy's, Happy's and Chall's support.

or Cobra...I reckon Erza for Cobra, just for revenge

That's Gray's and Leon's job if I may guess. (ice alchemy might work great on killing/freezing that snake) ...

Evil3ye
May 24, 2009, 06:43 AM
hmm Blaine, as the leader I think will be taken down by Natsu :notrust
And I'd say Cobra vs Erza makes also some sense.

As for Angel.. I can't decide. Either it will be the three womanizer or Lucy takes her alone <_>

deffkryz
May 24, 2009, 07:15 AM
As for Angel.. I can't decide. Either it will be the three womanizer or Lucy takes her alone <_>

Well, I see her teaming up with Cherry (and Aquarius). ;)

Evil3ye
May 24, 2009, 10:34 AM
yeah that'd be fun for sure lol

or maybe we'll see Loki in action again :)

goldb
May 24, 2009, 12:47 PM
we'll defo see him again...

I keep forgetting everyone's names lately so this is for anyone who has a memory problem like me;

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/133/002.jpg

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/133/011.jpg

I think Cherie and Lucy vs Angel will be one fight, for the others I don't really know since we haven't seen most of the Alliance members fight yet....hope the images help you decide!! :p

bittman
May 24, 2009, 06:41 PM
Hmm, my bets would be:

Brain v Natsu + Wendy (+cats?)
Cobra v Erza
Hoteye v Jura
Racer v Hosts
Angel v Lucy + Cherie
Midnight v Leon and Gray

Looks like worthy matches to me, though I would like the hosts to mix in with the others a bit more. I also expect Natsu to beat more than one person, because that's always what he does best.

Perhaps there will be a whole team battle he's a part of? If there was a whole team battle against someone, I'd have to guess Racer. In which case I'd put the hosts mixed within the other fights.

KaNx
May 25, 2009, 09:55 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/136/)

جينوسكي
May 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
Amazing, This chapter is very speed this week

Very exciting events
I will downloading now

thank you for the chapter

أخوكم جينوسكي

Pirulito
May 25, 2009, 10:19 AM
That fucking face again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, Mashima, preserve my Erza :scry

goldb
May 25, 2009, 10:21 AM
WOW!! great chapter once again...
just waiting for the translation so i know what I'm talking about

deffkryz
May 25, 2009, 10:55 AM
So... that pattern on Gérard's skin... It's not looking like dragon scales. So -alas- he can't be another Dragon Slayer, eh? May that be - pretty farfetched - some kind of "lachryma clone" in the end?

@bulten: What's up with that link?Posting is deleted.

Evil3ye
May 25, 2009, 11:54 AM
For me it looked like Oración Seis are going to sacrifice Gerald. Maybe to revive the pure evil thingy (forgot it's name :darn)

As for the others.. so they'll fight the trash of the dark guilds first, before challenging OS :notrust
However, I don't think it'll last that long. Semms like all of them are just canon-fodder.. including the monkey, who was bitchslapped by Luxus lol

Allin
May 25, 2009, 12:43 PM
Taht Guy again :notrust
Okay, Gerard is back from the Dead or will be back from dead
I think its obvios that the OS want to revive him with Wendys power. But what's their goal!?
To revive Zeref once again, i doubt this
Urtears brainwashing schouldn't work any more, so Gerard would be an enemy of the OS

So i think they need him as a sacrifice for something. Maybe to obtain Nirvana.
Ah well, truth is i've absolutly no idea ^^"

kkck
May 25, 2009, 12:47 PM
Taht Guy again :notrust
Okay, Gerard is back from the Dead or will be back from dead
I think its obvios that the OS want to revive him with Wendys power. But what's their goal!?
To revive Zeref once again, i doubt this
Urtears brainwashing schouldn't work any more, so Gerard would be an enemy of the OS

So i think they need him as a sacrifice for something. Maybe to obtain Nirvana.
Ah well, truth is i've absolutly no idea ^^"

I don't thin gerard is dead or that he ever was though. I do think they want to use wendy's power on him and that it is all for the revival of zerref(he is bound to appear sometime, he has been mentioned 100 times and if I have learned anything in shounen 101 zereff is bound to be the final villain)

Allin
May 25, 2009, 01:08 PM
I don't thin gerard is dead or that he ever was though. I do think they want to use wendy's power on him and that it is all for the revival of zerref(he is bound to appear sometime, he has been mentioned 100 times and if I have learned anything in shounen 101 zereff is bound to be the final villain)

Of course you're right. I assumed that he is dead because of that coffin. Naturally people in coffins are dead.
But wouldn't it be a little boring if some dark guild or anyone else tries to revive Zeref over and over? Well, in the Luxus Arc the topic weren't Zeref, so there's a high possibilty that he is the topic in the new Arc. But Perhaps the OS only want the magical power of Zeref.

hongoasdf
May 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
Well... seems interesting enough.

Need translation though. Naked Mummy and other underling guilds appear again; They'll be gone next chapter, maybe two if Mahisma wants to slow the arc down a bit (Which he should do, considering the last chapters have had a lot of development).

Erza's in danger, Lucy's a caretaker, and the Hibiki (?) guy is the typical "Information Gathering" type (Or so it would seem)... that leaves us with only 8 guild members against 6 OS... that's it for the 2 on 1's

And about Gerard/Jeral I have little to nothing to say; Wasn't his body supposedly disinitegrated when he was fused with the Tower of Paradise, in order to umm... "prevent" the explosion?

And sincerely, I have no Idea what the OS want him for... though my guess is that it's not only OS, but the entire Balam Alliance (OS+Grimoire Heart+Tartaros) need him. The symbols on the coffin seem Grimoire Heart-esque enough.

Again, translation is needed.

Kravmaga
May 25, 2009, 02:06 PM
Is there an actually script out confirming this is gerard?
He could be gerard, zeref, mistgun or unnamed gerard clone #4 for all we know...

On the other hand, it's not like I actually care much for the plot. Bring on Natsu+Gray versus horde of bad guys! It's gonna be like a cluster bomb cleanly wiping out a patch of zombies!

justf0rnow
May 25, 2009, 04:09 PM
.... should i be happy for this or not ?
i mean, if gerard alive now (or later), then we'll get 2 gerards (himself and mistgun) and it'll be awesome twin S-rank on FT
and from the look of his outfit, its definitely gerard... damn i still wishing the old man WAS another gerard

lets just hope that gildarz (the last S-Rank) to have the same face as gerard XD
and wheew, FT will have their own gerard's public holiday and he definitely will be the next leader for FT!!!

kat_at_heart
May 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
Wow Gerard isn’t dead
OS probably want his power to either unseal or hold nirvana (having a living vessel to embody its power maybe)
I really hope that Gerard doesn’t join fairy tail that would just be OTT on the powerhouses they already have over 6 S ranks (not including Luxus)

alphaclone01
May 25, 2009, 07:04 PM
The text spells it as Jieraaru; I haven't seen the original Japanese text during that arc, but it's pretty safe to assume it's Gerard, especially considering the outfit...

Chocolove77
May 25, 2009, 07:36 PM
According to the translation OS wants to revive Gerard because he knows the location of Nirvana as he once was a member of the mage council. They manage to prevent his body from rotting with what they call "nano-ether" (some sort of lachryma).
And Wendy eats air. HAX! Grandine is the sky dragoness who taught Wendy the dragon slayer magic

bittman
May 25, 2009, 09:00 PM
Minus the Gerard thing, rest of the chapter looks slow and a bit of a build up for things to come.

And Cobra is looking to be the idiot of the group. Perhaps him and Natsu will fight?

LoS
May 25, 2009, 11:33 PM
And Cobra is looking to be the idiot of the group. Perhaps him and Natsu will fight?

This was my first conclusion once we were introduced to Cobra. He was the first OS member introduced, so naturally I figured Natsu and him would duke it out.

deffkryz
May 26, 2009, 03:23 AM
Oh... I went over the last pages again. ... From her behaviour... You guys think Wendy actually knows Gérard? :blink

Allin
May 26, 2009, 04:15 AM
According to the translation OS wants to revive Gerard because he knows the location of Nirvana as he once was a member of the mage council. They manage to prevent his body from rotting with what they call "nano-ether"

So i was right after all
Gerard was actually dead. And the goal of the OS isn't to revive Zeref.
Okay, maybe to obtain Nirvana is the first Step to revive him, but didn't Cobra say a few chapters ago their goal ist to destroy the Light?
Therefor i don't think they'll revive Zeref 'cause they want to be the only ones who'll domiate over the new Wolrd of Darkness

Chocolove77
May 26, 2009, 07:27 AM
Well it says in the translation that Nirvana is a magic which swaps light and darkness (or light and shadow).It's a bit unclear though... There are no mention of Zeref anyway.

Evil3ye
May 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
According to the translation OS wants to revive Gerard because he knows the location of Nirvana as he once was a member of the mage council. They manage to prevent his body from rotting with what they call "nano-ether" (some sort of lachryma).
And Wendy eats air. HAX! Grandine is the sky dragoness who taught Wendy the dragon slayer magic

Damn! I was so close! :eyeroll

But yeah.. I'm kinda surprised that Gerard is dead, I really though they are going to sacrifice him :darn

imamess
May 26, 2009, 10:38 AM
The ones who want to revive Zeref are Grimiore Heart, and they're hoping that Oracion Seis' movements act as a distraction so they can look for Zeref's seal. I don't know why Oracion Seis would be at all interested in Zeref.

I wouldn't be surprised if those two goals somehow managed to work together and there's someone behind the Baram Alliance. Someone who made wants to use those powers for himself.

hongoasdf
May 26, 2009, 02:03 PM
Right, so I've read the translation, and the chapter seems good, but in a different way that I expected.

Wendy eats air (that's one mystery solved xD) and her Dragon was Grandine and disappeared "7 years ago, on a 7th of July" (Which we knew already). Natsu and Gray will be delivering next chapter, and interrogate any survivors in order to find OS base of operation... which looks like a cave xDDDDD So much for the bad guy image. Now it looks like they're just homeless.

Righ, they also explianed why Gerard's body wasn't disintegrated, and they explained why they need him... I can ignore the "how did they find him", since OS seem to know a lot of things (They could infiltrate the allied guild's meeting, and knew a bunch o' things about Wendy... they must have some good sources). But now Mashima presents a new mystery! Blaine's/Brain's last words during this chapter; He said Wendy owed this man (Gerard)... now, what does uncle Mashima have in store for us...

Oh, the rumours about Lucy --> Lulz

Megchan87
May 26, 2009, 02:16 PM
I thought Hibiki was Loki at first. XD;;

kaizoku king
May 26, 2009, 03:37 PM
so the little ball of light was a dragon? i don't know but will Gerald even help the OS

charle is really underestimating fairy tail mages it makes you think if cait shelter are even that strong to begin with

LoS
May 26, 2009, 04:55 PM
Well she did just watch the FT mages get their asses handed to them, so judging from how quickly they got beaten she probably doesn't think them very capable.

What I am wondering is which of the four groups of guys will have to fight the three OS members.

You know Natsu and Gray will defeat that group, and I am guessing Cobra will show up at their location and fight them.

I would assume the group with Lion will fight one of the remaining two OS members, I just can't guess which one.

Chaos Shadow
May 26, 2009, 05:06 PM
i want to know how and where wendy met gerard!
mmm.. for some reason i dont want to see a revived gerard, his role or place is filled by mistgun now but ok if they revive him please dont make him a new GOOD FT mage with holy great mage level... i know he was good before been brainwashed but after all he did i cant see him as a good guy who regrets have killed alot of people ( aetherion killed alot of person in the Tower of paradise like the Trinity raven and all the guards, he also killed shimon!!) please mashima dont make him be the new gazille/luxus!!

kkck
May 26, 2009, 05:56 PM
SO how exactly is wendy going to bring back a dead guy(a bazillion units of magic w/e come to mind....)? I honestly have my doubts about gerard being dead, maybe he is just the way he is because of ethereion. So even wendy is somehow connected to zereff, lol @ that.

I want to see how those dark guild guys fare against natsu and grey, they don't really seem like much considering the past but who knows, they might surprise us.

I also think lucy underestimates herself, with loki or aquarious she could beat the crap out of a decent number of fairy tale mages lol.

bittman
May 26, 2009, 06:27 PM
Oh, I do love a good plot-related debt.

Speaking of which, Blaine's very knowledgeable. I'd like to know his past or where he gets all his information from.

Anyway, assuming the debt is related to another of Gerard's plans. Always found it strange that Gerard wanted Natsu to "continue to burn for my dream" when he became the #1 nuisance with Aetherion. So on that note, I imagine Gerard/Urtear combo had some knowledge of a Dragon Slayer related magic which could help them and so he would have helped out Wendy whenever she was abandoned.

I hope the debt is more than him offering her help after her being abandoned, but I doubt it since the idea is simple yet works.

Farfalla
May 26, 2009, 06:28 PM
"nano-ether"?
in wich page u saw that?
i need to do a portuguese translation, and that part wasn't in cnet script .-.

Onomatopoeia
May 26, 2009, 06:57 PM
Nirvana is a magic that makes light and dark switch places?

So basicly it'll make the bad guys good guys?

...GENIUS!!!

I couldn't resist

Excellent chapter. I enjoyed it a lot. I supose I shouldn't be really surprised that OS is once again taking the place of the baddies underneath the main bad guy. Still I didn't think it would be Gerard.

I'm curious about the debt to Gerard, I can't imagine what sort of debt a person like Wendy would hold to Gerard.

This chapter advanced the plot well and was pretty funny at the same time, especially Natsu's face. Oh and the rumors around Lucy that was good.

kuroihikari
May 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
Now we've got a pretty good idea of how Mistgun's gonna appear next.

bittman
May 26, 2009, 10:55 PM
Really? I don't, please expand upon your statement if you would be so kind.

@ Onomatopoeia: I'd like to see Nirvana sort of kick in and see Lucy and Wendy turn evil whilst Blaine starts making songs and dances.

drakend
May 27, 2009, 12:30 AM
OS isn't informed very well... Gerard was OWNED by Natsu, not by the exposition to the Aetherion. Sure if it wasn't for the Aetherion Natsu wouldn't have been able to defeat Gerard, but they're two different thing anyway.
If they only suspected what happened in that tower they would try to kill Natsu immediately. These bad guys are always so high and mighty and underestimate the opponents: when they understand their error is too late and they lose! :D

Chaos Shadow
May 27, 2009, 08:51 AM
Gerard was OWNED by Natsu, not by the exposition to the Aetherion. Sure if it wasn't for the Aetherion Natsu wouldn't have been able to defeat Gerard, but they're two different thing anyway.
true but its unclear who or how sent the aetherion into the sky erza thought it was him who did that.

ALSO i think that in ch101 grandine was talking with igneel about GERARD!
they said:
"that child takes everything to excess like someene else perhaps"( i think she is comparing gerard and natsu)
"he had lucky this time but he may die you know"
and then grandine saiD that she daresay that this child and wendy met again i whishes that this time a more friendly relationship coul be stablished....

Unlucky Boy
May 27, 2009, 11:20 AM
If that Angel girl is really a stellar spirit mage I guess Lucy and that information gathering guy will have to battle her.
then she would probably copy Erza to fight them. I'd like to see Lucy winning that battle!

hongoasdf
May 27, 2009, 01:56 PM
true but its unclear who or how sent the aetherion into the sky erza thought it was him who did that.

ALSO i think that in ch101 grandine was talking with igneel about GERARD!
they said:
"that child takes everything to excess like someene else perhaps"( i think she is comparing gerard and natsu)
"he had lucky this time but he may die you know"
and then grandine sais that she daresay that this child nd wendt met again i whishes taht this time a more friendly coul be stablished....

Good call. It is true, they never mention any names besides "Wendy" during that conversation. Grandine could've been talkin' about Natsu as much as about Gerard. Thing is, the reader was to assume Grandine was talking about Natsu since we got to see Igneel at last, and during the chapters previous to that, Natsu had so much protagonism (Even more). But if he/she/it was indeed talkin' about Gerard, we may have a clue of where the story is going. Maybe Gerard does have something to do with the Dragons, after all.

Now this Grandine character has got my attention. Hope we get to see him/her/it soon enough. Metalicana too, but just to see how Gazille would react :eyeroll But I predict we'll see more Dragons once almost all, if not all, of the Dragonslayers have been introduced... so in short, we'll have to wait to see Grandine. We may see him/her/it chatting through that light sometime soon, though... but with whom?!

Argh! Almost makes me want this arc to end just for the story to develop further.

Evil3ye
May 28, 2009, 10:38 AM
I loled so much on the bottom panel (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/136/16/) :XD

But he will win easily. No doubt :)

Onomatopoeia
May 28, 2009, 08:39 PM
Really? I don't, please expand upon your statement if you would be so kind.

@ Onomatopoeia: I'd like to see Nirvana sort of kick in and see Lucy and Wendy turn evil whilst Blaine starts making songs and dances.

Cobra must make cookies of course.

And Hoteye will talk about love all the time.

I can't wait for this chapter to happen.

Oh yeah that one guy who's stuck with Lucy has an interesting power. Seems to have some sort of portable computer(lol labtop). Must be perfect as the coordinater of everything.

hongoasdf
May 29, 2009, 01:04 AM
Oh yeah that one guy who's stuck with Lucy has an interesting power. Seems to have some sort of portable computer(lol labtop). Must be perfect as the coordinater of everything.

True... he does seem to manage a lot of information... perhaps a little too much. I smell rat.

kat_at_heart
May 29, 2009, 09:11 AM
True... he does seem to manage a lot of information... perhaps a little too much. I smell rat.

I don’t think so
just because he’s good at gathering information doesn’t mean he’s a traitor
Angel is the information gatherer in the OS (she can see into peoples souls after all)

Evil3ye
May 29, 2009, 06:17 PM
Natsu, female cat and Grey seem to be near the Nirvana, and 3 of the OS are looking for it.

Smells like a first battlepairing :tem
Cobra, Angel and Hoteye.

My money is on Hoteye, what do you think? :)

Kravmaga
May 29, 2009, 11:50 PM
If that Angel girl is really a stellar spirit mage I guess Lucy and that information gathering guy will have to battle her.
then she would probably copy Erza to fight them. I'd like to see Lucy winning that battle!

Now that I think about it, lucy summons loki.
Angel copies loki and they fight to a standstill.
Lucy takes her shirt off. Insta-KO both angel and loki.

kaizoku king
June 01, 2009, 11:08 AM
I loled so much on the bottom panel (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/136/16/) :XD

But he will win easily. No doubt :)

dude you were so wrong about that or he may be trying to find the enmy base you never know

kaizoku king
June 01, 2009, 05:06 PM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out

Discuss the chapter and what you think will happen next time

street_san
June 01, 2009, 05:40 PM
A really great chapter.

Natsu and Gray are just to awesome when they fight in team. They seem like unbeatable: I really like that.

What is nice to is that every member of the team (except the pig face) is strong and are able to defeat their enemies. Showing that, even if Oracion Seis is powerful, they won't be able to beat them easily.

Now Gray is actually going to fight with someone who's actually able to destroy an entire guild by himself. It would be cool to see him fight with all his potential but I really doubt he'll be able to beat him alone. I think that Leon might come in to help him...but anyway I know the fight will be epic.

Hmmm, Wendy is indeed in a tough situation. Will she resurrect the one she love...even though she heard the atrocities he done. What I want to know now is how Gerard saved Wendy's life. The past he had with her must be something really terrible and sad, for her willing to revive him, even though he is a big threat. Maybe her cat (forgot her name xD) will explain the story to Natsu and the other after...because I doubt Wendy's in any state to talk now.

Anyway, now Natsu and the cat are in the face of something really shocking. Can't wait to know what it is. Maybe Gerard in front of them, or Wendy beeing tortured...anyway, everything can happen and I hope to see something epic.

The author is doing a incredible job with this arc and I hope he continue with his good job.

Chaos Shadow
June 01, 2009, 05:55 PM
i agree with street, leon and cherie are going to the ancient village/ruin so probably leon will team up with gray to fight racer.. ( gray is just too cool!)
and yeah gray plus natsu fighting together are beasts!!
also i want to know too about wendy and gerard´s past and who is near to jura?
( maeby that guy that loves money and can use earth based magic or something like that)

next week big announcement.. maeby FT anime!!

street_san
June 01, 2009, 06:04 PM
i agree with street, leon and cherie are going to the ancient village/ruin so probably leon will team up with gray to fight racer.. ( gray is just too cool!)
and yeah gray plus natsu fighting together are beasts!!
also i want to know too about wendy and gerard´s past and who is near to jura?
( maeby that guy that loves money and can use earth based magic or something like that)

next week big announcement.. maeby FT anime!!

I hope it's this. Well...what else can it be anyway...:P

Chaos Shadow
June 01, 2009, 06:09 PM
I hope it's this. Well...what else can it be anyway...:P
yeahh there arent much choices :amuse haha
but well... i would also love if IT is a fighting style game of FT :D

street_san
June 01, 2009, 06:14 PM
yeahh there arent much choices :amuse haha
but well... i would also love if IT is a fighting style game of FT :D

Ooh...could've been great...but I still prefer the anime.

kkck
June 01, 2009, 06:47 PM
I was kinda disappointed by the fight natsu and grey had. After seeing luxus easily defeat that same entire guild without breaking a sweat, I kinda thought natsu and grey together would be able to pull something about similar. I guess that shows how far away those guys still are from luxus level and how strong luxus is.

Ahhhh, charles(the blue female cat, I am not sure about her name) is hilarious. She just does not get how insane and irrational a fairy tail mage really is. She will understand in time though....

And the perfume guy defeated is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in the manga, I do not buy that for a second. He most certainly is letting the guild calmly take him to their headquarters. I just cannot see a mage who erza admitted had extraordinary magic be defeated by the cannon fodder.

MMMnnn, it also seems as if grey was the best match for racer. I bet racer will solve the friction issue with no trouble though, technically speaking running faster should help. He might even be capable of some flame....

justf0rnow
June 01, 2009, 08:02 PM
it kinda disappoint me for a sec knowing that they find their hideous so fast... =/
anyway, someone predicting that angel could be a stellar spirit mage (and i hope not) but could her 2 angel thingy be spices spirits (which is too OP)? u know, since they are twins like the zodiac it self
and, when they copy gray and that pervert they can use their magic, why not ask them to copy wendy and revive gerard them self ? or just transform into gerard and read his memory ? wouldnt that be so much easier ? =?

jamjamstyle
June 01, 2009, 08:14 PM
Loves gerard!? Since when is gerard attractive to women?! After al the crimes he commited? That guy is one big error in fairy tail and it's spreading through the whole story. What i Loved about this chapter was how gray and natsu kicked ass back there in the fight with naked mummy. Also how the perfume guy was tied up and still was talking big talk.

justf0rnow
June 01, 2009, 08:24 PM
Loves gerard!? Since when is gerard attractive to women?! After al the crimes he commited? That guy is one big error in fairy tail and it's spreading through the whole story. What i Loved about this chapter was how gray and natsu kicked ass back there in the fight with naked mummy. Also how the perfume guy was tied up and still was talking big talk.

well, if some woman loves batman, then some of em love supervillain
and i think he used to be a good guy, until that prostitute urtear brainwash him
lol, yeah i love that pervert guy, he looks so dump and powerful back then, but... he just a sad, sad guy... but we might find out that he was a powerful mage since erza said so

anyway, is it Erza or Elza ? kinda confusing me since some people said its Erza and on the other hands its Elza. but i love Erza so much than Elza =D

Chaos Shadow
June 01, 2009, 08:37 PM
anyway, is it Erza or Elza ? kinda confusing me since some people said its Erza and on the other hands its Elza. but i love Erza so much than Elza =D
in the RAWs like in pages likes the one with the announcement of miss FT it says ELZA ( who is a popular spanish name) but she i too love Erza =)=)

LoS
June 01, 2009, 09:38 PM
I really hope the shock on Charlie's and Natsu's face is because they are seeing a conflagration from Midnight as he is stretching awake and flexing his powers. He is my favorite OS member.

Someone might have called the Gray v Racer fight. Someone a few weeks back called Gray using a move from years ago in a comic book where a fast character knocked himself out by running head first into a crystal clear wall of ice.

Jura versus Hoteye will be interesting, they both use Earth style magic. I hope Jura is facing Hoteye and not Cobra or Angel.

On another note I find it really hard to believe that those two guys from Pegasus were able to defeat all their opponents, and uninjured no less. I guess those two monkeys from the Salsa guild were not complete push overs.

DualFenrir
June 02, 2009, 12:42 AM
I'm intrigued of what the big news is hope it's a FT anime

hongoasdf
June 02, 2009, 01:14 AM
Someone might have called the Gray v Racer fight. Someone a few weeks back called Gray using a move from years ago in a comic book where a fast character knocked himself out by running head first into a crystal clear wall of ice.

+1

I recalled the exact same thing as the chapter developed and the Gray vs Racer became inminent.

We won't see Brain fight Natsu; It's too soon for that. Instead, after a brief conversation (And the revelation of whatever surprised the protagonist at the end of this chapter), I predict Midnight will finally wake up... just to be pulverized by Natsu.

Hmmm actually, it would make sense for Natsu to come out somehwat hurt from that battle, since we'd finally get to see Wendy in action... as long as Brain doesn't interfere (Unlikely to happen).

"I am unable to display my full power in the absence of ladies to observe me!" - Best quote so far. I can't wait to see how will Ichiya get out of his current predicament... maybe he planned it all, just to be taken back to Angel.

Finally, I've heard many rumours about an anime... guess we'll have to wait 'till next week. Can't wait!

Kravmaga
June 02, 2009, 01:18 AM
I'm intrigued of what the big news is hope it's a FT anime

Yep, all those hours of prayer to the great RNGs of manga finally payed off... only now, do I realize I have no strength left to pray for it to be actually well animated.

Dalyup!
June 02, 2009, 07:36 AM
Hopefully the big news is an anime. I will ... I will ... Oh, you don't want to know how excitable my reaction will be.

Chapter was good overall; thankfully didn't waste any time with these boring minor battles and quickly got to the good battles. Methinks Gray will get beaten badly by Racer initially as he obviously has more tricks up his sleeves than just running fast, but when Gray understands how Racer's magic works he may get the upper hand like how lay that icy trap.

Hopefully the revelation isn't Gerard getting revived; maybe Wendy kisses him inexplicably instead. ;D

BetaRuler
June 02, 2009, 11:57 AM
In my opinion, it's a bit of a rushed pace to simply blow off the cannon fodder that fast, I'd have given them maybe a little more time, even those 2 Nii-san people, they looked like they were gonna get some kind of a special fight but I guess we wont see them do squat now...

A chapter late, but I only just found this area, I am glad Gerard is still alive, it almost felt a shame to wipe him out that quick.

Btw, some one said Luxus already defeated some same guild? Can you tell me when that happened, I can't remember.

Chaos Shadow
June 02, 2009, 12:40 PM
some one said Luxus already defeated some same guild? Can you tell me when that happened, I can't remember.
around chapter 104-105 in a bar Luxus met with the sunglasses monkey (Zod?) and after some disscusion and an attack of Zod, Luxus defeated him with one thunder attack ( One hit K.O. :amuse)

Unlucky Boy
June 02, 2009, 05:20 PM
I bet Natsu and Charle gonna see Wendy kissing Gerard.
Maybe he took care of her 7 years ago when her dragon disappeared, Grandine might had left her on that island. (BTW, do you think the dragons are watching over the Zeref seals? maybe Grandine talked to Igneel through that ball of light cause s/he can't leave it unguarded)

I think Gerard might help OS at first with finding Nirvana, but change sides once he learns about Erza's condition.

kkck
June 02, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hoe old exactly is wendy?

Kravmaga
June 02, 2009, 07:31 PM

Dragonslayer old.

Chaos Shadow
June 02, 2009, 08:36 PM
yep Dragon Slayers users age its a mistery... but im still wondering how old is wendy to have know the old good gerard and HAVE memory of it.. i mean how old was she then? 4years old? or maeby her dragon told her about what gerard did to save her.. who knows ( i CANTT WAIT for next weeks chapter!!!!)

BetaRuler
June 02, 2009, 08:51 PM

Judging by this
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/108/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/111/06/

The dragon slayers may somehow be over their 80's XD
Even if Wendy looks like she's about 9 or 10!

kaizoku king
June 02, 2009, 08:56 PM
Judging by this
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/108/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/111/06/

The dragon slayers may somehow be over their 80's XD
Even if Wendy looks like she's about 9 or 10!

that doesnt mean she is over 80 i bet her age is like 60

fizban
June 02, 2009, 09:12 PM
I hope Racer wins the fight. If his magic makes him more like the fast he shouldn't have any problem winning, even if he is frozen solid.

USE THE SPEED FORCE, RACER! I believe in you~

kkck
June 03, 2009, 12:05 AM
If we go by looks she appears to be about 10-12 at best. That means that she mastered her magic when she was 3-5 years old.... The whole thing about the dragon slayer age reeks IMO.

Unlucky Boy
June 03, 2009, 12:12 AM
There's also the possibility that there's a statue hidden inside of them

goldb
June 03, 2009, 03:27 AM
The whole thing with the Dragon Slayers' age is very complicated to say the least...so even though they all look a certain age we don't really know how old they truly are, whether or not this age thing has something to do with Dragon Slayer magic.

I think this would be a good time to start the anime imo, but we'll wait till next week and really see what this huge annoucement is !!!!

Racer vs Gray: everything is telling me Racer should win this fight, but maybe this is Gray's moment and he's gonna pull a huge cat outta of a bag, can't wait for it...

BetaRuler
June 03, 2009, 07:10 AM
Complicated?... *looks at Natsu and Gazille*

In my opinion, the anime could wait another year even, the farther the manga gets ahead of the anime, the better (looks at Naruto's fillers and shivers)

Unlucky Boy
June 03, 2009, 11:41 AM
Racer vs Gray: everything is telling me Racer should win this fight, but maybe this is Gray's moment and he's gonna pull a huge cat outta of a bag, can't wait for it...

I think Gray is gonna win this battle. He needs to get stronger cause I think he'll be Urtear's opponent toward the end of the manga. Each of the 4 main Fairy Tail team (Erza, Natsu, Lucy and Gray) is somewhat connected to Zeref's resseruction and Gray's connection is through Urtear so he sure gonna power up before facing her.

Evil3ye
June 03, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hmm.. so the first fight is going to be Gray vs Racer.. I really didn't see that coming, neither, that Oración Seis has been already found.

Also it smells like a re-match of "Pigface" and Angel lol :D I don't believe he was just kidnapped like that. More I think he let himself being kidnapped with purpose.. to be handed over to an Oración Member. So he don't need to search on his own.. smart smart :)

I wonder whom "Iron Man" will face. I go with the strange lion.

DualFenrir
June 04, 2009, 04:04 AM
Complicated?... *looks at Natsu and Gazille*

In my opinion, the anime could wait another year even, the farther the manga gets ahead of the anime, the better (looks at Naruto's fillers and shivers)

Well the Rave anime ran about 51 episodes covering volumes 1 - 12 of the manga and had 2 seasons

As for FT anime (if it is the big news for the next chapter) it could end a season after the " Phantom Lord " arc, then after an interval another new season

BetaRuler
June 04, 2009, 04:27 AM
Well the Rave anime ran about 51 episodes covering volumes 1 - 12 of the manga and had 2 seasons

As for FT anime (if it is the big news for the next chapter) it could end a season after the " Phantom Lord " arc, then after an interval another new season

Wait... it was news for rave? If so then let an anime go ahead :p

NNGirl
June 07, 2009, 11:24 PM

FT had 138 chapters, make a good anime with so few chapters is very difficult (i think they need at least 150 for a good season without a lot of fillers), but i want an anime of the series, so i will wait for tomorrow

kkck
June 08, 2009, 12:27 AM
FT had 138 chapters, make a good anime with so few chapters is very difficult (i think they need at least 150 for a good season without a lot of fillers), but i want an anime of the series, so i will wait for tomorrow

An episode is made of two chapters though. Even if they started the anime now, it would take around 69 weeks for them to catch up to where we are right now. Now, of course that would mean there would be 68 more chapters by the time the anime reaches where we are now. If they started the anime now and they make fillers, there would be a good 2.5-3 years easily before the anime catches up.

shadow0fsaints
June 08, 2009, 10:24 AM
i smell mistgun and jura having a nice meeting in the forest

deffkryz
June 08, 2009, 10:54 AM
The RAW's there so I predict... ;P

No Anime... Congrats to Mashima-sensei for the 33rd Kodansha Manga price...

jamjamstyle
June 08, 2009, 12:19 PM
The RAW's there so I predict... ;P

No Anime... Congrats to Mashima-sensei for the 33rd Kodansha Manga price...

DAMN, there goes my years of praying.

Kravmaga
June 08, 2009, 01:48 PM
DAMN, there goes my years of praying.

Likewise.
Ah well, lesson learned! Instead of wasting time and energy into prayers to an apathetic god who owes me nothing, I should have moved on my own power and worked towards achieving my goals...

I'll start gathering blackmail material for anime studio producers next week. I hear kidnapping their prized collectible figurines for ransom did the trick for soul eater =P

jamjamstyle
June 08, 2009, 01:57 PM
Likewise.
Ah well, lesson learned! Instead of wasting time and energy into prayers to an apathetic god who owes me nothing, I should have moved on my own power and worked towards achieving my goals...

I'll start gathering blackmail material for anime studio producers next week. I hear kidnapping their prized collectible figurines for ransom did the trick for soul eater =P

XD, Lol, i'll join ya at that one.... OMG what is required to get these thickheaded guys finally understand that a anime is what people are requesting. The popularity will raise and they'll earn lots of money and fans (duh). Instead they announce that the guy won a price? That's a announcement good enough to put in the sidelines of mashima's mumblings and nothing beyond. Damn them, getting people exited for nothing.

deffkryz
June 08, 2009, 03:44 PM
RAW's out since a couple of ... hours, translation and a first scan as well, get them here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/136/). So let's discuss about it and what you might think what will happen next.

As I said here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1390084&postcount=37) the big news aren't about an anime. Mashima-sensei won the 33rd Koudansha Manga Price in the Category "Shounen".

The first page color page is about this and the second sums up some kind words from several congratulators which are:

Ken Akamatsu
Toshihiko Kobayashi
Hiroto Saki
Rando Ayamine
Hiroshi Tanaka
Oh! Great
Hideo Nishimoto
Atsushi Kase
Masahiro Nousa
Akimine Kamijō
Yasushi Hoshino
Ayako Kawasumi (Elie's Seiyuu in Rave Master)
Yasuda Tsuyoshi
Kibayashi (some magazine's guy)
Miki Yashikawa

LoS
June 08, 2009, 07:16 PM
Well Gerrard certainly seems a bit more powered up than last time we saw him, and also much more sinister.

How can Blaine/Brain be such an idiot in thinking that Gerrard would follow his machinations to a T?

I am waiting to see who will confront Cobra and Jura. I am thinking that Mist Gun might come to pass by Jura. With Gerrard now also against the Oracion Seis it certainly seems possible that the Fairy Tail crew can actually defeat all six of them.

Yaaaay, now Ezra can be healed by Wendy; although, I would rather see other mages battle the Oracion Seis than Erza, because of course she will at some point meet up with the resurrected/revived Gerrard and she will somehow say some words that get through to his heart or some totally cliche garbage.
[hr]
Bump cuz someone made a duplicate thread later on

Chaos Shadow
June 08, 2009, 07:35 PM
no color pages with the colors of OS and light alliance... =S

so gerard is back.. and powerfull as ever heheh
wow Gray´s ice wall ( forgot its name) was enourmus...

justf0rnow
June 08, 2009, 07:54 PM
...... wow, she revived gerard that fast.....
huge disappointment on me that we have 2 gerards now =/
anyway, on the last page, there was someone said "Erza..." could it be mistgun ?

PS: i hope cobra win against gerard

LoS
June 08, 2009, 08:46 PM
we have 2 gerards now =/

we have always had 2 gerards, maybe even more at one point.

Also it's Gerard who said Erza at the end of the chapter. But at this point we don't know if he is sorry he can't afford to be friendly toward her, or if her presence is seeping into his sub conscience.

street_san
June 08, 2009, 09:57 PM
wooooaaah: so many things in this chapter.

First Natsu seeing that Gerard has been revived. Wendys felling unconsciousness. This means that she is not THAT strong or that she can't use her powers to much. She's still in a processus of growth and the revive magic takes to much powers from her.

Now what are Gerard plans. What is he thinking of. He didn't say much thing in this chapter, and at the end...he was thinking of Erza. Maybe he felt bad about what he did...or maybe he just want to kill her because he thinks that she is responsible of the failure of his plan. Anyway, Gerard will play a HUGE part in this arc. He might be the one to be fighting with Blaine at the end...who knows.

Natsu's now top prority is to save Erza, but we can see that he deeply want to beat the ass of Gerard once again. But this man isn't one of the then for nothing. He did pushed Natsu back easily...the same thing for Blaine. Maybe he became stronger (a Sayian Magician or a Shaman Magician xD).

The most epic moment for me about this chapter is the determination of Gray. Even if he know that he used to much magic, he still wont give up on his words. « I'll stop this guy if I die in the attempt ». This is what I like about Fairy tails people. They are stubborn, but in a good way. Gray is not looking on Racer's strength actually. He is now looking in a possibility of beating him...even though Racer is far more stronger then him. He doesn't care about his health situation, as long as he's able to defeat his opponent, who's actually a threat to his friends, he will be fine. Slowly but surely this man's going to become my favorite mage xD.

And then, last but not least, the moment that made me in owe for Gray in this chapter was : http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/138/21/

Geez this man look so awesome in this page. « You're always gonna be a step behind, stuck there staring at the fairy tails. You can't look down on the Fairy Tails mage. This was the biggest mistake Racer made. He underestimate Gray's power, and now he is beggining to understand the mistake he did. This is now Gray's time to shine. For me, this fight is an epic fight. Why ? Because of the developpement the author is doing on Gray. The determination Gray is showing, the will he have to defeat on of the Oracion Seis member, and the statement he did on the Fairy Tail mage. Danm this fight is EPIC indeed xD.

Until now, the arc is incredible, and I hope the author doesn't dissapoint me :D

justf0rnow
June 09, 2009, 01:39 AM

Also it's Gerard who said Erza at the end of the chapter. But at this point we don't know if he is sorry he can't afford to be friendly toward her, or if her presence is seeping into his sub conscience.

lol, i forgot that we already got 2 gerards even before he was revived =P
but Lucy and that laptop magic guy are stays with erza, how could they didn't notice gerard, and how could he reach erza before natsu (who are running & flying btw) =( or he just thinking about erza?
and midnight looks so cute XD powerless and still didn't wake up even there's a blast and blaine's shout to cobra out lout...

edited : on natsu's flashback about gerard, there is a flashback where Gerard and Siglein infused with each other, but as i remember he (natsu) wasnt there when it happen, so how did he knows that moment ? *O*

deffkryz
June 09, 2009, 02:31 AM

Somehow, I believe there are 7 Gérards out there as there are 7 dragons, therefore 7 dragon elements (fire, metal, light/air, thunder - can phantasize about water/ice, darkness, earth as well), 7 dragon slayers and 7 nekomanders...

I'm really looking forward to what Gérard is going to do next. But it's nice to see that Cobra has more of a snake than just carrying one around. ;)

because no mod has stickied this one yet, and someone made the other after this one had a reply or two in the thread.

There wasn't any 138/139 when I started my one so I took the opportunity to do so once there was cnet128's translation and I Eat Manga's scanlation out... Was that wrong?

shinobi
June 09, 2009, 03:48 AM
So Gerard is back! That was fast, I thought it's going to take 1 or 2 more chapters...

So is he turning good now? anyway, he looked even more powerful than before, as if being in an almost dead condition has no effect at all, hehe. I wonder what is this huge debt Wendy owe Gerard? she couldn't afford not to heal him because of that debt although she knows all the horrible stuff he did.

DualFenrir
June 09, 2009, 06:12 AM
I'm bummed there was no FT anime but 140+ chapters seems enough (a little bit of info announcement for DGM anime was released during chapter 86 the anime started around chapter 90 - 100) oh well I can wait

also

props to Hiro Mashima for winning the award anyways to the chapter

Looks like they can finally save Erza or OS might butt in and delay Erza's cure, as for Racer and Gray, gray unleashed one massive attack (Ice make, Ramaprt) but like Natsu said Gray used much of his power maybe he can beat Racer 1 on 1 we've always seen FT make a comeback, I was kinda hoping he teams up with Leon or maybe that's the other scenario that will happen.

As for Gerard, I was hoping that he'll have a change of heart to Erza but it seems unlikely for now, maybe we will have a change of heart after a few more developments maybe at the end when they face Nirvana and maybe one of the OS knows why the dragons suddenly disappeared or maybe Nirvana has something to do with Zeref that's why the council knows where it is and Midnight is a heavy sleeper, I think of it as beauty sleep. It was a good chapter as always.

deffkryz
June 09, 2009, 07:29 AM
Actually, I believe Wendy's not gonna be able to recover Erza that soon... She doesn't look like this. Though I could think of some kind of magic power transfer - maybe she eats some air or Lucy summons Lyra (or Plue?) to cheer her up.

kkck
June 09, 2009, 10:43 AM
I liked the chapter, it was very eventful. Gerard is back, I guess there are no surprises there lol. Wonder if he still is possessed by zereff though. It would also seem as if he wants to either help or kill erza but my bet would be to help.

I always though gerard spent the vast mayority of his time in either the council or the tower but it would seem that assumption was wrong. He seems to be well acquanted with the tough cookies of the underworld and at some point he even met wendy and saved her. Maybe there was a point in which he was temporarily released from zereff's spirit.

I am surprised grey is doing so well against racer, my first guess was that each oracion 6 would need at least 2 members of the alliance to be defeated. On the other hand, it would seem as if he is the only one in the aliance with the appropiate power to fight him...

Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter, this one was awesome. I also expect wendy to recover and heal erza on the next chapter.

Unlucky Boy
June 09, 2009, 10:49 AM
well Gerard is going toward Nirvana...maybe he wants to use it on Erza to make her his evil bride? he probably still loves her...

something makes me think that in the end Wendy will own that magic...

about Cobra, snakes are supposed to be deaf. why does he have super-hearing?

Kravmaga
June 09, 2009, 01:03 PM
well Gerard is going toward Nirvana...maybe he wants to use it on Erza to make her his evil bride? he probably still loves her...

something makes me think that in the end Wendy will own that magic...

Heh! I thought about the same thing the first time cobra said something like "I can hear your movements."
Oookay...

Actually, more than I wonder whether gerard still remains evil or not, I wonder whether he caught on that the voices he heard from "zeref" were really urtear stealth editing his packet stream. If he does, he'll probably meteor over to her place and meteor her into a crater before doing anything relevant to nirvana or erza. That would actually kind of be a twist that could turn out both comical and potent to plot development...

And about wendy getting KO'd, I'm sure she'll just swallow a big puff of air and be as good as new.

3shinkyo3
June 09, 2009, 01:36 PM
I really liked this chapter especially as it has set up gray for a nice bit of development also i would like to see him go all out as for me he seems to be too far behind his teamates in terms of fighting strength so would be nice to see him own a powerful enemy for once.

deffkryz
June 09, 2009, 03:50 PM

Snakes do in fact have a very sensitive inner ear which allows them to sense ground tremors ... That's how they hear. (They smell with their tongue BTW) The only "error" was that Cobra wasn't lying on the ground with his head.

So Cobra got some inner ears in his feet (or bottom ;))?

kkck
June 09, 2009, 04:29 PM
I read somewhere that some snakes have very good ears while others rely more on scents and even temperature. I guess it depends on the snake in question.

hongoasdf
June 09, 2009, 05:27 PM
Snakes are deaf, but they do sense sound waves... though in another way that most creatures. You see, snakes "feel" the waves through their skin, as long as they are in contact with the ground when the sound wave impacts and travels, but they cant tell the difference between one sound or the other. At most, they sense the difference in magnitude, frequency, and so on, but not the actual sound.

Snake enchanters don't really control snakes with the flute's sound; It's the flute's movement which they follow. Haven't you noticed how snake enchanters don't seem to play anything coherent, but are always making exagerated movements?

Anyways, back to the chapter.

Gerard's back, in my opinion, a little bit too soon. Though I have to admit, despite the fact that I believe it's a little early, it's the first chapter in this arc in which I am interested in Gerard... he seems to be back with more power (Still, not enough to OHKO Natsu... but then again, does anyone have such power?). Maybe it's a side effect of the Aetherion. I believe that we now have the definitive villain for this manga (Perhaps he will outlive Zeref, and claim his power or something), and a very powerful one, at that: Meteor + Aetherion + Nirvana (If he does get it) = BOOM

Well, Gray vs Racer starts, and I have to say, Racer looks pretty damn cool. Next chapter or the one after, Gray will be in a lot of trouble, and then I suppose he'll have some back-up from Leon, as so many have said already.

Well, Racer is now my favourite OS, at least untill we see Cobra do something better, or Midnight wakes up and turns out to be a total lunatic (Don't know why, but I expect that)

Happy and Charle are out cold, so Natsu will have to go by foot, and carrying 2 cats and a little girl, slowing him down and giving time for the other fights to develop. Still, in manga, time flows as the Author wants, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Hmmm maybe we'll see Cobra or Blaine vs Gerard in the future, who knows. And there's also the possibility that Mistgun appears sometime soon.

We'll that's about it.

JHAM
June 09, 2009, 07:08 PM
I feel like that doll chick from Lamia Scale (don't remember her name, Cherie or something, i might be completely off) is going to have to defeat Angle from OS, just because she can control anything that's not human, so can't she control those two little copy guys? or at least her and a combo with someone else, maybe that perfume guy?

kaizoku king
June 09, 2009, 07:10 PM
i think in at least 50 chapters gerald will be the new master at fairytail . he i really think he is much stronger than natsu his true strenghth maybe did not show because he was kind of under control i think i am maybe wrong

Stevenh1990
June 09, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hey guys remember in chapter 101 when Grandine told Igneel what would happen if Natsu meet Wendy ? http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/09/ Something big is going to happen in the future .

wil2312
June 10, 2009, 08:43 PM
oh man this is gettin insane so how many guys are there that look like gerard and how in the world did his body survive the etherion blast

kkck
June 11, 2009, 01:29 AM
oh man this is gettin insane so how many guys are there that look like gerard and how in the world did his body survive the etherion blast

I would think it was the oracion 6 who saved him lol but I could be wrong.

shinobi
June 11, 2009, 02:43 AM
I would think it was the oracion 6 who saved him lol but I could be wrong.

It could be, but then again how did they save themselves from the etherion?

Unlucky Boy
June 11, 2009, 06:50 AM
the fact that he survived the blast might show how powerful he really is.
or maybe it was Urtear that saved him...she could probably do it somehow with her time controlling magic, so Gerard became the property of Grimoire Heart and they let OS use him so they can keep FT and the other strong "light guilds" busy while they look for the keys of the zeref seal.

BTW OS seems to me a lot weaker than GH. we only know Urtear for now but she seems to be a lot stronger than most of them... It was enough to push their leader into a hole in the ground to make him useless... Gerard didnt even bother killing him or doing anything about Midnight which shows how much he disrespects them.

NoT LucK e
June 11, 2009, 10:48 AM
I cant wait for Midnight to wake up.

kkck
June 11, 2009, 02:36 PM
or maybe it was Urtear that saved him...she could probably do it somehow with her time controlling magic, so Gerard became the property of Grimoire Heart and they let OS use him so they can keep FT and the other strong "light guilds" busy while they look for the keys of the zeref seal.

BTW OS seems to me a lot weaker than GH. we only know Urtear for now but she seems to be a lot stronger than most of them... It was enough to push their leader into a hole in the ground to make him useless... Gerard didnt even bother killing him or doing anything about Midnight which shows how much he disrespects them.
I think the leader was just caught off guard this time, next time I would expect a better cnfrtation.

hongoasdf
June 11, 2009, 03:21 PM

Best Theory I've read so far regarding Gerard and the Balam Alliance. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be like that.

Oh, I wouldn't underestimate OS. Don't get me wrong, I agree in that Urtear and Gerard are insanely strong, but I don't believe OS to be a lot weaker. Blaine was caught off-guard, that's all.

Still, in my opinion, Gerard would win in a fight against any OS member, but at least they'd put up a fight... specially Blaine, assuming he doesn't get caught off-guard yet again (What kind of leader would he be if the same enemy surprised him twice?). In fact, I do expect a fight between Gerard and Blaine before this arc is over. A fight over who gets Nirvana, OS (unlikely) or Gerard, and thus, Grimoire Heart (This is, of course, if he is indeed working for them or being black-mailed or whatever).

If Gerard does get Nirvana, there's the possibility that he becomes the fixed villain for this manga, as I've said before in this thread. Perhaps he will outlive Zeref and absorb his power somehow. Or he may as well become a very powerful villain, but not the main one. This would be useful for Erza to have some character development before the final arc, which in this case, would be against Zeref.

Still, long-term predictions hardly ever come true.

exacta
June 11, 2009, 06:32 PM
I'm gonna predict that Midnight only wakes up during the night time, and sleeps during the day for some reason.

Man, I hate Gerard. He'd be likeable IMO if he wasn't a ripoff of Sig. Then Mistgun would be a copy of a original character, not a copy of a COPY of a original character.

goldb
June 12, 2009, 06:40 AM
If this has been said already, then sorry....has anyone noticed that Racer's jacket says "Grimoire Heart" on it? what's that supposed to mean??

@kkck: yeah I wa kinda suprised at how easily Blaine got taken out, guess it was just a suprise attack and that he and Gerard are closer strength-wise than we've seen. I wonder what kinda side-effect Wendy's magic has on her, Charle seemed to be talking about something quite dangerous or troublesome

Unlucky Boy
June 12, 2009, 07:11 AM
If this has been said already, then sorry....has anyone noticed that Racer's jacket says "Grimoire Heart" on it? what's that supposed to mean??

Yeah, it also says "Oracion Seis" on the back and "Tartarus" on the front. I think there's a "Balam alliance" too.

goldb
June 12, 2009, 07:24 AM
ooh didn't notice that, thanks, I think I may have missed those :p

kkck
June 12, 2009, 04:40 PM
@kkck: yeah I wa kinda suprised at how easily Blaine got taken out, guess it was just a suprise attack and that he and Gerard are closer strength-wise than we've seen. I wonder what kinda side-effect Wendy's magic has on her, Charle seemed to be talking about something quite dangerous or troublesome

Yeah, he even said he did not expect such hostility from gerard....

I can see two kinds off drawbacks occurring on wendy when using her healing power:
The first one is that she is simply instantly worn out, she gets exhausted.
The second one is exhaustion and a decrease in her lifespan.

I still want to see what wendy's dragon slaying is all about. If her element is air she should be capable of quite a surprising powerful magic. I would not be surprised if she is an insane fighter but her fighting skills pale in comparison to her healing and supporting magic. Seriously, if she cannot fight, then she is a dragon SLAYER only in name. She would not live up to the second part of her title.

And the question remains, how old is wendy(and natsu and gazille)?

Onomatopoeia
June 13, 2009, 01:02 PM

Actually Gerard probablly just doesn't need to get into a fight if he has no reason to get into said fight. He's obviously trying to get somewhere fast and doesn't have time to waste.

It may be a testament to how strong Midnight is, since after all if the guy was a weakling then Gerard might have decided to kill him to avoid further complications.

You know the saying "Let sleeping dogs lie" right? Well it's applicable to Midnight(almost literally).

Also Blaine was caught off guard.

Luffy1045
June 13, 2009, 03:51 PM
How can there be 2 Gérard's ? I don't get that part :S

deffkryz
June 13, 2009, 07:28 PM
How can there be 2 Gérard's ? I don't get that part :S

You haven't read Chapters ... 94 and 120?

ghostexiled
June 14, 2009, 10:18 PM
I think that Midnight is going to be a beast...they mentioned before to Natsu not to wake him/her up or it would be scary.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/14/

So I am thinking Midnight may be the true leader of the OS.

Just my thoughts...

justf0rnow
June 14, 2009, 10:35 PM

I believed the one who are deaf is midnight

Don Kromione
June 15, 2009, 01:05 AM
I believed the one who are deaf is midnight

hahahahaaha... agree with this

Devil_Beast1109
June 15, 2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah, he even said he did not expect such hostility from gerard....

I can see two kinds off drawbacks occurring on wendy when using her healing power:
The first one is that she is simply instantly worn out, she gets exhausted.
The second one is exhaustion and a decrease in her lifespan.

I still want to see what wendy's dragon slaying is all about. If her element is air she should be capable of quite a surprising powerful magic. I would not be surprised if she is an insane fighter but her fighting skills pale in comparison to her healing and supporting magic. Seriously, if she cannot fight, then she is a dragon SLAYER only in name. She would not live up to the second part of her title.

And the question remains, how old is wendy(and natsu and gazille)?

I belive Wendy's the only supporting dragon slayer. Why? because every dragon slayer recovers completly by eating something made out of its element and if she was a figther just like natzu or gazille she'd be uber sinse hoxygen is something she can acces limitlessly, maybe they over did it when it was stated that dragon slayer magic is the only way to kill a dragon i think it was makarov who said it

deffkryz
June 15, 2009, 02:43 AM
Seriously: If she has the power to awaken the dead - I don't want to see her fight. Why? I thinke she either just can't fight due to her body measurements (too young) or she has some kind of uberpower (making her some kind of Nel Tu).

LordZet
June 15, 2009, 10:32 AM
I wonder if Gerald ends up being everyone? I wonder if luxus's father is actually gerald.

Unlucky Boy
June 15, 2009, 12:10 PM
I dont get why everyone is so ecxited about the multiple Gerards (and there are only 2...Sieglein was his astral projection...). It was the same with Elie and Resha in Rave, and I wont be surprised if Gerard and Mistgun too are the products of some experiment since both got a very powerful magic.

deffkryz
June 15, 2009, 02:17 PM
Could it be FT is on hiatus this week (as the WSM)? I can't see anything about it on the Magazine Special website (http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/magazine/index.php/20658/newest).

Nonlife
June 15, 2009, 09:11 PM
I dont get why everyone is so ecxited about the multiple Gerards (and there are only 2...Sieglein was his astral projection...). It was the same with Elie and Resha in Rave, and I wont be surprised if Gerard and Mistgun too are the products of some experiment since both got a very powerful magic.

One Gerard is enough as it is...though I have to say I'm not glad to see him back. He's just a poser-got his looks from Sieghart, one of the BEST magicians from Hiro's work. Just looking at him would make Sieghart roll in his grave in rage.

deffkryz
June 16, 2009, 01:10 AM
One Gerard is enough as it is...though I have to say I'm not glad to see him back. He's just a poser-got his looks from Sieghart, one of the BEST magicians from Hiro's work. Just looking at him would make Sieghart roll in his grave in rage.

What is your point? :eyeroll It's Mashima's right to do so - Plue got his own manga series and came up in FT after being a main character in Rave as well. You don't like him either? :blink

Do you really believe we've seen Gérard's powers to their full extend? I'd rather predict we've seen the tip of the iceberg.

kkck
June 16, 2009, 04:22 PM
so.... is there going to be a chapter this week?

Onomatopoeia
June 16, 2009, 05:50 PM
What is your point? :eyeroll It's Mashima's right to do so - Plue got his own manga series and came up in FT after being a main character in Rave as well. You don't like him either? :blink

Do you really believe we've seen Gérard's powers to their full extend? I'd rather predict we've seen the tip of the iceberg.

While I realize we there is a good chance we haven't seen all of his powers, he really should have used all of them against Natsu WHEN HE WAS GOING TO DIE.

KaNx
June 17, 2009, 06:39 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/139/)

Unlucky Boy
June 17, 2009, 07:44 AM
So it seems Gray cant win against Racer on his own, kinda disappointing but realistic since he isnt that strong yet. I expect Sherie to do more than just staring at half-naked Leon next chapter. Her power is cool and she got lots of material there in the woods to work with, she could even control all those ice shaped objects Gray and Leon make.

The power of that laptop mage from BP also looks cool, he's more useful than I thought a first. I'd like to see him and Luci facing one of the OS soon, I love Luci's fights.

NoT LucK e
June 17, 2009, 09:26 AM
I like how they take off there shirts.
And I also like how its a little over 20 pages.

Kravmaga
June 17, 2009, 12:18 PM
Mmh... is it just me or is racer actually much faster without his bikes than when he's using them?

Aside from the cornball factor, I guess they had to show off a little before someone figures out to freeze the ground with slippery ice so that racer becomes unable to get traction.
Then again, he's probably on par with natsu on the grey matter anyway (sorry that was hard to resist).

Chaos Shadow
June 17, 2009, 12:54 PM
interestingg chapter...
even after have used all the magic on the ice wall gray keeps doing it fine hehe
and the team up with leon it pretty cool ( we all knew it was gonna happen haha)
very good chapter=)

Don Kromione
June 17, 2009, 01:27 PM
Why racer give gray a bike ?

street_san
June 17, 2009, 01:30 PM
Great chapter....again :p

Hibiki powers are quite nice. Simple but really useful. But the thing that surprise me the most was Lucy's will to protect Erza. She doesn't care what's going to happen, as long as Erza is safe, it's all right. Gosh I love those Fairy Tales mages :D.

Racer vs Gray fight continues. The real power of an Oracion Seis is finally beeing shown. No wonder these guys can destroy an entire guild. They are really strong an amazing. Racer is too danm quick, and the motor thing was awesome. As we all predicted, Leon jump into the action :D. I wouldn't be happy if Gray took Racer on his own. Oracion Seis mages are totally in another league. With Gray, Natsu and the other's level (maybe except erza), they need to team up to beat those guy. And what best teammate can Gray have then Leon xD.

Now Leon found Racer weakness (by looking to the birds....xD). The fight might end next chapter for other developpement. I really hope for the end of this fight to be epic. Racer vs Gray's fight is truly awesome, and the conclusion have to be epic :D

Aikidoka
June 17, 2009, 01:39 PM
Aside from the cornball factor, I guess they had to show off a little before someone figures out to freeze the ground with slippery ice so that racer becomes unable to get traction.
lol, so true.

"I got it, let's just freeze the ground so he can't run!"

"O_o =O =O =O wow Leon you're so smart! Why didn't I think of that?"

"I know right? I'm such a genius."

That's what they should've done first...not waste their energy making ice walls and stuff. ><;

This chapter was awesome. Fast-paced, lots of action even packed into 20 pages. I love Racer, he's the Oracion Seis with the coolest design imo. The chin guard, glasses, mohawk...even the nose adds to his design. His pants are cool too. Don't think I've ever seen a villain with bulky saggy pants before.

I loved it when they fought on motorcycles...just wish they could've done it longer. A "car-chase"/fight would be sweet.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed that the Racer fight is being shown first...usually in Shounen that means Racer will also be the one who loses first. He's a cool character, I want him to live for a while longer. Badass.

fizban
June 17, 2009, 01:47 PM
"We can speed up our ice magic even more if we take off our pants and kiss a little"

I guess Mashima likes motorcycles, since summoning those bikes hurt him more than helped and brought them over to an area where he has to fight three guys

Why didn't Cherie use her magic to take over the motorcycle and have it hold Racer down? Was she afraid that if she did something the others would get cocksore?

LoS
June 17, 2009, 03:45 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that the Racer fight is being shown first...usually in Shounen that means Racer will also be the one who loses first.

Those that fight early and lose are usually among the weakest as well, typically.

Also did anyone notice the slip by Mashima. Gray was wearing a Peagusus shirt, first last chapter one of the Oracion Seis was wearing the wrong shirt, now this chapter.

Why didn't Cherie use her magic to take over the motorcycle and have it hold Racer down?

Because she is not a very experienced fighter, she can't think quickly in battle, and simply isn't strong enough.

hongoasdf
June 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hibiki's magic seems quite useful. Anyone else thought of The Matrix as he uploaded Erza's location to Natsu? Next thing we know, Natsu will know Kung-Fu.

Leon now uses both hands for his magic. I did notice that some chapters ago when they were first ambushed by Oración Seis, though. But at least now Gray is aware that Leon is improving. Rivalry, much? I mean, Natsu's now got Gazille, so that leaves Gray rival-less.

Damn I missed a good fight in this manga...still, kind of dumb to summon motorcycles if you're actually faster on your feet. But Racer kicks ass nontheless. I am getting very fond of this particular Oración Seis... too bad we'll see him fall in a chapter or two. I would've preferred if Angel or Kum- I mean, Hoteye fought first, and thus, got defeated first.

Cherie is getting horny

Now, about Racer's weakness, I believe it's got to do with shifting gears (Based solely on the next chapter's name: "Low-Gear World"). We all know that covering the ground with ice would be the logical course of action; That would make Racer lose his balance and slip. BUT, Racer could avoid this by "going down some gears" to increase his torque and have better traction. Of course, this would mean slowing down, unless he uses massive amounts of energy to mantain his speed while in a low gear. So, here's Racers dilemma: Losing his speed and mantain his energy for a long 2 on 1 fight, or losing his energy to mantain his speed, and last a lot less that he would normally. First option seems logical to me, since that way he would be able to escape to wherever there's not any ice covering the ground, but until then, he would be an easy target for the two Ice-users.

So, it would seem that Leon and Gray have the advantage now. This will be over next chapter unless Racer's got a trump card (Highly possible).

Goddamn I love this manga. Cant wait 'till next week!

Aikidoka
June 17, 2009, 06:18 PM
Those that fight early and lose are usually among the weakest as well, typically.
Yeah... =[ I want Racer to be badass and strong.

Now, about Racer's weakness, I believe it's got to do with shifting gears (Based solely on the next chapter's name: "Low-Gear World"). We all know that covering the ground with ice would be the logical course of action; That would make Racer lose his balance and slip. BUT, Racer could avoid this by "going down some gears" to increase his torque and have better traction. Of course, this would mean slowing down, unless he uses massive amounts of energy to mantain his speed while in a low gear. So, here's Racers dilemma: Losing his speed and mantain his energy for a long 2 on 1 fight, or losing his energy to mantain his speed, and last a lot less that he would normally. First option seems logical to me, since that way he would be able to escape to wherever there's not any ice covering the ground, but until then, he would be an easy target for the two Ice-users.
That's a really good point, good work hongo. Awesome logic.

Onomatopoeia
June 17, 2009, 06:24 PM
I found this chapter to be pretty good Hibiki's abilities are very interesting and very useful. He's probably the perfect support type for any large battles where a birds eye view and instant communication is key. It was also pretty imaginitive and a creative idea.

Racer showcased an interesting power in the form of Dead Grand Prix, but honestly it seemed pretty useless, not only did racer give Gray a way to compete with him in speed(which is Racers key element) but Racer seems faster while running.

Still I did enjoy the chapter it was pretty cool when Leon and Gray started to fight Racer. I wonder what his weakness is though..

LoS
June 17, 2009, 11:24 PM
but Racer seem sfaster while running.

he is, but we have no clue just how much energy Racer expels to maintain that high level of speed.

justf0rnow
June 18, 2009, 01:32 AM
"We can speed up our ice magic even more if we take off our pants and kiss a little"

I can't wait to see that :amuse

Unlucky Boy
June 18, 2009, 03:52 PM
I dont think the OS got any mana problems. Look at Angel for example, keeping an ecliptic zodiac spirit (assuming those are really Gemini) constantly summoned like it was plue or any other lesser spirit. Or Midnight which his magic stays active while he's sleeping. Racer too shouldnt run out of mana just by slowing down in my opinion.

Leon's idea has to do something with those birds he was looking at. Maybe he wants to take the fight into the air or maybe it has something to do with Racer's aerodinamic shape (he does look a bit like a bird with that long nose...)

alphaclone01
June 19, 2009, 09:17 AM
Grey and Leon should really just create an ice field, covering everything (land, trees, etc.) a certain distance out from where they are, say 50 meters plus, and then putting up a rampart around the ice field essentially trapping Racer. If he can't run then he's pretty much 10 kinds of useless and all the heroes have to do is punch him a couple of times and one OS member is down for the count.

Just my $0.02

Castriota
June 19, 2009, 12:53 PM
lol just create a massive ice field and then make ice blades on there feet and just ice skate circles around racer

kkck
June 19, 2009, 03:54 PM
You know, I could not help but laugh when those two guys took off their cloths, it was hilarious. Truly ur's students lol. I wonder if ur had the same problem as those two, that could have been a very interesting sight lol.

I have no idea of what racers weakness is but I guess it does have to do with does random ass birds. Most likely the birds themself don't have anything to do with the weakness itself but they simply provided with a very convenient epifany. Maybe it has something to do with what happens with racer when he jumps and remains in the air.

hongoasdf
June 19, 2009, 07:07 PM
You know, I could not help but laugh when those two guys took off their cloths, it was hilarious. Truly ur's students lol. I wonder if ur had the same problem as those two, that could have been a very interesting sight lol.

Indeed.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/37/03/

kkck
June 20, 2009, 01:14 PM
Indeed.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/37/03/

I know about that, I just wondered if she randomly would strip in public as grey does. We did saw her stripping but not as casually as grey usually does.

NoT LucK e
June 21, 2009, 12:07 PM
Grey and Leon should really just create an ice field, covering everything (land, trees, etc.) a certain distance out from where they are, say 50 meters plus, and then putting up a rampart around the ice field essentially trapping Racer. If he can't run then he's pretty much 10 kinds of useless and all the heroes have to do is punch him a couple of times and one OS member is down for the count.

Just my $0.02

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

Onomatopoeia
June 21, 2009, 03:25 PM
I see Leon plan working for a while.

Then Racer reveals that he has more moves in store that effectively negate the advantage of Leon's plan.

Nothing to back that up really just what I've noticed in other mangas. And the fact that Racer's only real strength is his speed and assuming Leon has found a weakness that gets rid of that advantage then Racer is useless. Getting rid of Racer's speed effectively makes him a punching bag and I can't see an OS member going down so easily.

SOLDIER [X]
June 22, 2009, 02:48 AM
Lack of friction is any speedster's weakness. They can either create a ramp that throws him into the air or remove all land from the ground and turn it into ice so he can't stop or speed up.

kkck
June 22, 2009, 11:12 AM
That really depends on how scientific the author is planning on getting. Technically speaking an increase in speed would in a way increase friccion which means an increase in speed could solve racers issue with a lack of friccion on an ice surface(which is not entirely frictionless, just closer than most things). Most mangaka don't get that scientific with stuff but mashima could surprise us lol.

SOLDIER [X]
June 22, 2009, 03:13 PM
But the issue you run into with your train of thought is, how does one start without any friction? Let's say there is a tiny semblance of friction, he still would not be able to accelerate from a dead start, and he would not be able to turn. You can't add more speed if you can't get the traction to start out.

CaptFamous
June 22, 2009, 03:41 PM
All he needs is a pair of metal-spiked cleats. What they need to make the surface underneath him inconsistent. If it's always earth, his regular shoes will always work. If it's always ice, spiked shoes would always work.

Re kkck about increase in speed leading to an increase in friction: That is true for a sliding object (coefficients of dynamic friction and all), but that doesn't really apply to running/rolling objects. His increased speed actually means that he needs MORE friction in order to change directions, because he has a higher velocity, and thus needs more frictional force in order to change his velocity.

Semi-related did-you-know fact: the surface of ice actually provides a decent amount of friction. However, since ice starts to melt whenever it encounters an environment or object that is above freezing, it will be constantly coated with water.

Dofla
June 23, 2009, 02:37 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/140)

justf0rnow
June 23, 2009, 02:58 AM
Thank God FINALLY
he/she's awake XD
kinda sad, knowing they both lose a comrade...

Chaos Shadow
June 23, 2009, 10:05 AM
LLEEONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
i didnt see that coming at all....
ohh please dont kill him mashima... leon is soo cool... and was gray´s gazille.. ( same magic rival =) )...

a really good chapter after all....

fuzaco
June 23, 2009, 10:10 AM
That's Fairy Tail, he won't die (especially not like that).

LoS
June 23, 2009, 10:27 AM
Leon not dying would be another instance of why I dislike Shounens, much too "Fairy Tale" endings(excuse the pun) and good guys never bite the dust.

Leon dying could be used as a turning point for Gray, witnessing his peer's death could force him to mature and grow on strength and deteination.

Kinda cool that my favorite Oracion Seisember turned out to be the strongest/most deadly member. I always likes his design, I don't particularly enjoy him being Blain's son though.

I want Midnight to battle Gerard instead of Cobra, that would be theist explosive Mage battle so far in the series. Let Cobra battle some of the Alliance fighters instead of having Midnight beat them all down.

kkck
June 23, 2009, 10:28 AM
^ I bet the guy is aliv but very hurt. His death by now would be kinda pointless. Most likely he covered himself in ice before the explosion lol.

street_san
June 23, 2009, 10:33 AM
Great chapter

One Oracion Seis down, 5 more to go :P. We finally get to see Midnight awake. I can't wait to see what kind of magic he use. He must be incredibly strong if Blaine didn't want to use him.

But danm, Racer magic was really strong. Slowing the time for his opponent. Leon is really smart for him to notice his only weakness.

Chaos Shadow
June 23, 2009, 10:53 AM
mmmm.. i think that the oly one that we actually saw diying was Shimon ...

Unlucky Boy
June 23, 2009, 12:04 PM
I dont really get Racer's magic. If he's just slowing time around himself how did he bring Gerard's coffin so fast? It's not that he could run fast to where it was... and why didnt he slow down the ice arrow as it got closer? and why did he have those bombs on him? lol

I actually hope Leon is dead. I want to see Sherie takes revenge!

Patta
June 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
Kinda cool that my favorite Oracion Seisember turned out to be the strongest/most deadly member. I always likes his design, I don't particularly enjoy him being Blain's son though.

Maybe Blain is just calling him by "son" like Whitebeard of One Piece is calling his Nakama.

mmmm.. i think that the oly one that we actually saw diying was Shimon ...

And Mirajane & Elfman's sister.

hongoasdf
June 23, 2009, 01:30 PM
"Six demons. Six prayers. Six pillars that can never fall. Those who seek to disturb those pillars ...find only death."

Anyone else find that sentence kick-ass?

Racers weakness wasn't that original, but I liked it nontheless. And Leon's plan was really well executed. Still, he had no way of instantly knowing the radius of Racer's slow-down spell, so he kinda gambled it there.

Anyways, I find it hard for Leon to die just like that. In shounens, good-sided characters die only after some chapters of protagonism and insight, and often accompanied by a flashback of his past that results in his "resolve" or "path that he/she chose". Kind of like Erza when she died... except she didn't xD

Most likely Leon had time to cover himself with an extra-thick layer of ice to minimize the explosions damage.

Midnight finally wakes up! And Blaine is PISSED! Seriously, whoever fights those two will have a hard time. For some reason, though, I sense Midnight is actually the strongest member of OS, but Blaine was more suitable to be the leader (He isn't asleep half of the day, perhaps?)

I hope we have or doubts cleared on whether "it" is a man or a woman, and don't have to wait 'till Fairy Tail gets an anime to judge based on the Seiyuu.

Waiting for next week, and a new "Big announcement". What is it this time, Mr. Mashima? Did you win another award and concealed it so your fans would get their hopes up for an anime... yet again?

Pi3
June 23, 2009, 03:00 PM
"Six demons. Six prayers. Six pillars that can never fall. Those who seek to disturb those pillars ...find only death."

and Racer wods - '..my prayer to be faster than anyone..' makes me wonder what other prayers could be.

about dying - what about Ur? And grandpa that made Erza join FT?
still, I don't think that Leon will die, especially since they have Wendy on their side.

and pleas, make the anime announcement...

fizban
June 23, 2009, 04:22 PM
I dont really get Racer's magic. If he's just slowing time around himself how did he bring Gerard's coffin so fast? It's not that he could run fast to where it was...

He did still have a motorcycle. Probably used that for the majority of the trip and then carried him in the door to make it look like he ran the whole way

and Racer wods - '..my prayer to be faster than anyone..' makes me wonder what other prayers could be.

In the words of Kirby

"Just a li'l while longer...please. Let me sleep..."

Onomatopoeia
June 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
Interesting power for Racer I just figured it was simply speed, guess I was wrong. I enjoyed the surprise of learning what his actual magic was, though.

But Leon's not dead, no way,no how. He might be greviously injured but in a manga like Fairy Tail I highly doubt a simple explosion could kill of a character like Leon(especially after sacrificing himself like that *cough* Erza *cough*).

Brain being Midnight's dad is...interesting I suppose. Not really sure how I feel about that, I'll probably wait for the backstory on that before I make a judgement.

hongoasdf
June 23, 2009, 04:48 PM

You make an interesting point there.

[Crazy Theory]
Maybe the OS were just regular guys who once prayed to a certain "god" or "deity" for powers, in exchange for doing it's will, or some other price. Perhaps their powers are just the answer to those prayers.

Still, I expect some villian flashbacks to prove this.
[/Crazy Theory]

Of course, I could be awfully wrong.

Kravmaga
June 23, 2009, 06:32 PM
Kinda disappointed at the twist, which makes racer look kinda pathetic, almost like a fraud to his own group, pretending to be something he's not.
Perhaps it's the shounen effect weighing on me but I'm also hoping leon bites it for the sake of getting away from the bad habit of good guys running inside a bubble of invincible plot protection.

Heh well, I hope the next one up is gonna live up to his hype... I wonder who'll be up against midnight. Jura +1 maybe?

kkck
June 23, 2009, 06:57 PM
As for the other guys prayers... clearly one of them prays for money considering that is all he could rant about. The leader could pray for power(IDK, random guess)....

Onomatopoeia
June 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
The prayer thing makes sense now that I think about it since Oración=Prayer in Spanish.

I'm pretty sure each and every member will have a specific prayer based upon their powers/personality. Sort of like every Espada has a theme of death(except these prayers will actually relate to the character in question). I do wonder what all the prayers will be.

hongoasdf
June 23, 2009, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure each and every member will have a specific prayer based upon their powers/personality. Sort of like every Espada has a theme of death(except these prayers will actually relate to the character in question). I do wonder what all the prayers will be.

Well, Money or Wealth is pretty obvious for Hoteye, as kkck said (Though I don't discard the slim possibility that it could be something else...)

As for the others...hmm... "Power" would be too predictable for the leader, but who knows if Mashima is willing to think outside the box. I can't really think of the other members prayers.

DualFenrir
June 23, 2009, 08:38 PM
I dun think Leon will die just yet hey it's FAIRY TAIL but all in all it's SHOUNEN MANGO

also another big news next week I hope it's not another manga award for FT but still an award is cool I just hope it's an ANIME

and this "Six demons. Six prayers. Six pillars that can never fall. Those who seek to disturb those pillars ...find only death." is Zeref gonna intrude here again or maybe the Dragons have something to do here

Unlucky Boy
June 24, 2009, 01:35 AM

[Crazy Theory]
Maybe the OS were just regular guys who once prayed to a certain "god" or "deity" for powers, in exchange for doing it's will, or some other price. Perhaps their powers are just the answer to those prayers.

[/Crazy Theory]

Maybe it's Blaine that answered their prayers and thus he is their "father".

And about Leon, he might have used an ice replica of himself to jump at Racer. He did use this technique a few times when fighting on Gruna island.

Farfalla
June 24, 2009, 09:36 AM
Mashima hates funerals XD
When Simon died, it just ended so fast... Erza said something about his death and that was it...
I wouldn't be surprised if Leon died and people just won't talk much about it XD
"Crap, Leon died ;.;"
"(...)"
"Let's take the rest of Oracion Seis down!"
"Hell Yeah!!!"

I'd like Midnight to be a girl ._. He realy looks like Osaki Nana...

kkck
June 24, 2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe cobra's prayer is to hear everything around him.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/09/
Midnight's prayer could involve sleeping or serving his/her father.

Unlucky Boy
June 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
Angel's prayer is probably to be able to see into people's hearts

btw, do you think all of the OS are going to die eventually?

hongoasdf
June 24, 2009, 04:30 PM
btw, do you think all of the OS are going to die eventually?

Hmmm I doubt it. At the very least, Cobra will survive; He seems sneaky enough.

Though we have yet to see if Racer did indeed die. You never know in shounens.

kkck
June 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
I think a few of them will die and others will live.

I wonder if oracion 6 is really just made of 6 individuals. The group seems kinda off for someone who leads a third of the underworld. I think there is someone in the shadows pulling the strings of the oracion 6.

shirak
June 25, 2009, 09:26 AM
I dont really get Racer's magic. If he's just slowing time around himself how did he bring Gerard's coffin so fast? It's not that he could run fast to where it was... and why didnt he slow down the ice arrow as it got closer? and why did he have those bombs on him? lol

I actually hope Leon is dead. I want to see Sherie takes revenge!

He's not slowing the time around himself, his magic slows down the sensation of time for the people around himself. I want to see Leon dead, too, but i don't think this will happen. It's a shounen manga after all, just the bad men die. :notrust

Lagun
June 25, 2009, 10:30 AM
He's not slowing the time around himself, his magic slows down the sensation of time for the people around himself. I want to see Leon dead, too, but i don't think this will happen. It's a shounen manga after all, just the bad men die. :notrust

In fairy tail, not even the bad guys die xD.

Leon probably protected himself with ice.

Farfalla
June 25, 2009, 11:05 AM
You guys said that the Dragon Slayers have tatoos on the left shoulder, right?
The Ice Makers have tatoos on the right part of the chest^^
I wonder if the Wood Maker is the same...

Patta
June 25, 2009, 02:09 PM

And that's the basis for the idea of Midnight being a DS ( http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/13/ -> left panel, bottom).

alphaclone01
June 26, 2009, 09:07 AM
Actually if you look, Gazille and Natsu have their tattoos on their right shoulder (probably what you meant). It would be interesting if Midnight was a dragon slayer, but almost cliche with the more powerful villains of each arc being dragon slayers, or in Luxus's case a pseudo-dragon slayer.

Azure Kai
June 28, 2009, 01:28 AM
The new big announcement is that Fairy Tail is going to become an anime. I'm so excited :XD My friend gave me the link too -> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-26/fairy-tail-manga-gets-anime-adaptation-green-lit
The only worry that I have is that it's going to be like Rave Master and be suspended :(

And that's the basis for the idea of Midnight being a DS ( http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/13/ -> left panel, bottom).

If that's so, then I would guess that Midnight is a dark dragon slayer and would like to see him battle against Wendy (assuming that her fighting power is dorment). I'm also guessing that Midnight is a guy because he has a flat chest and he looks too pretty (I'm sorry but it's true).

[Crazy Theory]

[/Crazy Theory]

Could the "god" be Hades from Grimoire Heart or Urtear? Because Urtear was in that old witch doctor form with the OS... (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/131/19/)

I also think that Leon did die but if he didn't I think he would be out of the story for a LONG time. At least that's my opinon on things.

Unlucky Boy
June 28, 2009, 02:48 AM
Could the "god" be Hades from Grimoire Heart or Urtear? Because Urtear was in that old witch doctor form with the OS... (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/131/19/)

Urtear loves to control people but in that case it's not her, that "witch doctor" is Blaine. look here- http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/06-07/

Ero-Sanji
June 28, 2009, 07:36 AM
Omg, Omg, Omg!

Anime time...

But yeah I also think that the Os have gained their power from some god/deity and i think it's like this;

Racer: The prayer of Speed
Cobra: The prayer of hearing
Angel: The prayer of Seeing (this could be the prayer of hoteye) otherwise it's perhaps the prayer of knowledge
Hoteye: The prayer of Seeing (this could be the prayer of Angel)
Blaine: ???
Midnight: Something mentally... (the way he deflected Natsu's flames)

Unlucky Boy
June 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
Thinking of that...maybe they even had disabilities before they got their powers. Racer could have been a cripple, Cobra deaf, Angel or Hoteye blind...and midnight maybe had a sleeping disorder...lol

and I cant stop thinking one of them will end up turning good (with or without the help of Nirvana). The power Racer got didnt really made him fast, so maybe all of their powers are illusions like that and the good guys will show them that being good gets them really what they wanted.

WilliamK
June 28, 2009, 06:13 PM
Midnight: Something mentally... (the way he deflected Natsu's flames)

That was Racer. o.o

Ero-Sanji
June 28, 2009, 06:46 PM
That was Racer. o.o

No it wasn't: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/134/14/

theraikage
June 29, 2009, 01:30 PM
Thinking of that...maybe they even had disabilities before they got their powers. Racer could have been a cripple, Cobra deaf, Angel or Hoteye blind...and midnight maybe had a sleeping disorder...lol

that would be a complete rip-off of what was perhaps the crapiest episode of heroes

deffkryz
June 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
that would be a complete rip-off of what was perhaps the crapiest episode of heroes

But Oraciòn Seis aren't heroes... :blink

Dofla
June 30, 2009, 03:40 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/141)

LoS
June 30, 2009, 04:17 AM
Well if you're going to create a second thread on this chapter, at least merge the replies in the original into this thread.

Unlucky Boy
June 30, 2009, 06:29 AM
Nice chapter

What's wrong with Hoteye's face? I thought he's wearing some kind of a mask but in the color page it looks like it's really his face...
I hope Jura vs Hoteye battle wont take too long, they are the least interesting characters of each side. Jura is going to win this for sure, he just needs to push Hoteye into a hole in the ground. Making the ground soft will just bury him.

What good is Wendy if she cant use her sky magic anymore? I wouldnt expect Charle to ask that since she used to encourage her to be stronger. Maybe she just wont use healing magic anymore but will show other supportive spells, she did say she knows a lot of them.
Just a thought, maybe the guy Wendy knows isnt Gerard? It could be Mistgun. Gerard didnt seem to care about her at all after he was revived. It also doesnt seem fit for Gerard to help little girls while being possesed by "Zeref".

Sherie's look frightens me... it reminds me of the little Gerard after he got possesed. Will she try to take Nirvana for herself?

Midnight said "I will proceed to eliminate every last one of those guild mages before midnight falls". What is going to happen on midnight? Will Midnight change? Will Nirvana change?
I guess he's going to fight Eve and Ren first, I dont think those two alone can stop him...maybe with the help of Erza. I also think Lucy is going to help that pig face against Angel.

Now we're going to have Natsu vs Cobra vs Gerard. Which two are going to unite powers in order to take down the third?

kaizoku king
June 30, 2009, 10:43 AM
doesnt that girl behind grey i forgot her name looks like she is going to murder him or murder someone at least

Chaos Shadow
June 30, 2009, 11:43 AM
doesnt that girl behind grey i forgot her name looks like she is going to murder him or murder someone at least
hahahaha yeahh she looks really perturbed... :s

i cant see how Natsu is going to beat Gerard without the help of the aetherion.. and if Gerard gets the nirvana well.. things are getting worse..
but there is cobra too so i dont know how this is gonna be...

cobra has red hair.. :o

Ero-Sanji
June 30, 2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah cobras hair color surprised me too...

Anyways first of all Unlucky boy you are a clever boy, that theory about Mistgun/Gerard is FANtastic it must it.

Of course Mr ugly and Lucy are facing Angel.
The older blond night is going to join his brethren against Midnight and they will lose.
Natsu vs Gerard vs Cobra will evolve into Natsu and Erza vs Gerard vs brain i guess.

hongoasdf
June 30, 2009, 03:10 PM
Well, I did post in the other thread, but after reading the translation, I feel the urge to post again.

I still think Hoteye looks gay in the coloured page.

After Hoteye (Or was it Jura?) mentioned the difference between their magic styles, it caught my interest just a bit more on the fight between those two. Who knows, maybe that fights will be interesting after all. I don't expect a Holy Mage to dissapoint.

Cobra can "hear" inner voices? Kind of like a mind read, huh. And Midnight looks like he/she is going on a killing spree. First target will be Ren and Eve, probably. Maybe even Hibiki.

I have to say, this group of villains has got me bought already. I officially like them more than Phantom Lord's Element Four.

As I said in the other post, Cherie blames Gray for Leon's fate, which will result in her hurting him, but after Leon appears again (C'mon, you can't really expect him to die), Cherie will repent hurting Gray, and Gray will be unable to join any more fights this arc. Hell of a way to end a characters protagonism during an arc, huh Mr Mashima?

Now, Erza wakes up, so She, Lucy and Hibiki will probably join the fray now. Lucy'll join Ichiya to fight Angel, Hibiki will probably try to find his brothers, and Erza... maybe she'll go after Blaine. Though... what becomes of Wendy? She will probably accompany Erza, as she will need support in fighting OS' leader, and those two running around the forest will be a perfect chance for plot development, Gerard-wise.

Next chapter: Darkness. We will either see more of Nirvana (I don't get what it does for now) and/or we will see how Midnight owns Ren and Eve single-handed.
Wicked colouring for Midnight btw. He/She looks grim and tetric... just perfect.

That would be all.

Aikidoka
June 30, 2009, 04:48 PM
I still think Hoteye looks gay in the coloured page.
Gay as in stupid, or gay as in homosexual? Because I think he looks both stupid and homosexual. XP

Love Midnight's design too.

Midnight said "I will proceed to eliminate every last one of those guild mages before midnight falls". What is going to happen on midnight? Will Midnight change? Will Nirvana change?
imo doesn't mean anything. It was just a time limit Midnight set for himself, and it happened to be the same as his name. Probably Mashima did that on purpose as a nod to his name.

I hope Jura vs Hoteye battle wont take too long, they are the least interesting characters of each side. Jura is going to win this for sure, he just needs to push Hoteye into a hole in the ground. Making the ground soft will just bury him.
I disagree, Jura's "I'm one of the Ten Greats but I'm humble, and I'm also cool-headed and calm". Sort of like Erza in personality. So I think Jura is pretty interesting. But yeah, Hoteye's character design is weak.

Onomatopoeia
June 30, 2009, 07:01 PM
Jura vs Hoteye should be pretty interesting if nothing else then because I expect that they'll have some interesting powers. Though I do hope it doesn't turn out to be something like the Hitsugaya and Halibel fight.

Cobra seems pretty confident in OS's ability to take down Gerard since he just about states that Nirvana is theirs(and he looks a little crazy). This is the first time we've really seen Nirvana and its powers at work so I hope it'll have a lot to show in the near future.

Oh man though, Cherie's face. Talk about killing intent. Speaking of which I pity Gerard, he's going to get Nakama Punched again.

Wonder if the Midnight time limit has anything to do with his name.

Kravmaga
June 30, 2009, 08:13 PM
Holy crap! Nirvana appears already?!?
Talk about a break in the pace!

Unlucky, you've got yourself another fan of your theory right here. I wonder what gerard will do now... Heck, I wonder what erza will do and what leon... you know what? I'm just looking forward to the next chapter a lot. =D