PDA

View Full Version : Character Create your own U-17 Character and Techniques.

Fayte
May 18, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'll start with a layout you guys can copy.

http://i25.tinypic.com/30ndu9d.gif
Name: David "Seven" Shinkou
Height: 6'2
Weight: 177lbs
Dominant Hand: Left
Bio: Nicknamed "Seven." An extremely smart, wise, outgoing Christian, who prays to God both on and off the court. He is known as a funny guy, loves alternative music, and gets along with everyone. On the court, he is known for never playing more than 7 minutes per match, hence the nickname "Seven."
Racquet: Babolat (Strung at 165 lbs)
Closely Resembles: Shiraishi Kuranosuke/Kajimoto Takahisa
Playstyle: David has a unique style of play. Known for being a baseliner. His top running speed is average, but his acceleration is on a level of absurdity. David can go from standing still at the baseline, to the net in about 2 seconds. The negative side is the fact that David has low stamina, so he can't play at full strength too long. David is known for slowly walking on the court, and putting in little to no effort to return balls. His acceleration makes up for his lack of net play. He can predict the opponents shot seven seconds before the opponent makes the shot. However, when the opponent makes a shot that David miscalculated, you might see him teleport.

Techniques:

"Precisely."
When David begins to hit absolutely ridiculous angles with perfection. He is able to hit topspin shots that land on the line, extremely close to the net.
http://i25.tinypic.com/2hobiug.jpg

"White Throne Judgement."
A super high speed [highly arched] left handed drop shot that lands 7 inches in front of the net. When it lands, the ball propels itself back into the net cord. Upon hitting the net cord, the ball instantly rockets itself to the court, passed the running opponent.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ed8hoh.jpg

"Wrath Of God."
A left handed forehand-side smash that uses the outside of the racquet to form an abnormally fast top spin. The ball is aimed vertically to the opponents court. Upon hitting the ground, the ball launches itself up and down at high speeds, making it appear to be a "meteor shower-like" attack. (Second bounce is completely random) It is impossible to return.
http://i42.tinypic.com/e5p7wo.jpg

[i]"Salvation."
A left handed backhand slice smash. Usually used after running from the net to the baseline. Uses the momentum of spinning the body 180 degrees into a "T" shaped body position. When the ball lands, it is propelled at a 90 degree angle.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2py18xc.jpg

"Day of Rest."
Much like Bunta's "Pole Striking," David's shot is a powerful flat shot that collides with the pole to be aimed at the opponents court, or body. Purposely makes a "7," to indicate the seventh day of creation.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2mpl6h3.jpg

"Vanishing Point"
A trick smash that uses the butt of the tennis racquet when the opponent expects the extension of the arm. The ball is super fast, and appears to be invisible, due to it being out of the opponents expected field of view.
http://adhd-tennis.org/images/two%20keys.jpg

"The Ascension."
When David hits a topspin that is aimed at the top of the net. When the ball hits the top of the net, it is then sprung into the air over the opponents head and lands behind them.
http://i28.tinypic.com/260bbc9.jpg

"Divine Revelation"
David's own pinnacle of selflessness. When in a pinch, David prays to God to give him the strength needed to win the match. His hair and eyes turn white, with a white aura. Power, speed, and mindset increase sevenfold.

Bowser
May 18, 2009, 02:11 PM
o_O......

Name: Mikael Jansen
Dominant Hand: Right
Bio: Quiet but friendly, vice captain of his team, calmly looks at most things. Tends to finish games without using special moves if he can help it. Known martial artist and can finish people off in a few blow, very good at using blades. Likes to scout other people.
Location: ?? Well he normally plays Single 2 (pretty decisive match) although capable of playing Single 1.
Closely Resembles: Davide but with different look and without the puns.
Appearance: White Hair, Black uniform...no glasses.
Techniques:

"Ninja Steps"
Variance of the Shukuchi method, has very good balance.

"Net Ball"
Hits a cord ball all the time, used to throw off peoples rhythm.

"Samurai Sword"
Holds the racket like a Samurai sword and slashing upwards causing irregular spin.

"Shining Blade"
Turns his back on the ball, jump to the left, and super slicing with a backhand as the ball comes to the right, effectively creating a blade like effect, as it lands on the ground, it doesn't bounce (about cm away from the ground) and can knock rackets outs of the way.

"Shining Blade Feint"
Pretends to use it, but really hits a drop shot"

"Bazooka"
Can be a smash or normal forehand shot, super strong shot/smash like a bazooka.

"Jack Knife"

"Serious Spirit"
Plays extremely spirit, making his hair "glow" and speed, strength increases, can only use it if opponent annoys him eg. being super arrogant"

Dansan1
May 18, 2009, 11:43 PM
This sounds fun. I'll go in a weird direction.

Name: Hidari Hiku
Bio: A timid highschooler that loves tennis and volunteers at the camp. He only picks up around the place. Has never had the confidence to play. Carries a huge hidden talent. During a practice match Sanada hits his Rai past some highschooler and Hiku nonchalantly returns it from the sidelines to Sanada while carrying an arm full of rackets and balls. He doesn't even look up from what he's doing. Everyone thinks it's a fluke.
Closely Resembles: Dan Tachi
Techniques:

None that he or anyone else knows about yet.

DavenSodan
May 19, 2009, 06:57 AM
Name: Tim "The Shaker" Goldwine

Bio: He is half japanese, half english and lives with his parents in Tokyo for 2 years now. He is very polite but always makes sure that there is a distance between him and every other person. He already was a pro for 5 months but during a match against Rafael Nadal he broke down because of his lack of stamia after competing 4 hours on par with the spainish man. He got his Nickname because he gets the crowd around the court to cheer for him so loud that the ground is almost shaking. Now he is at the U-17 camp because he wants to overcome his stamia problem and join the pro tour again. He is very strict with himself.

Closely Resembles: Chotaros hair, just plain black and shorter. Face like Zaizen without the earrings and the arrogant look.

Techniques:

The Shake - after hitting a normal return he bends down to the ground and hits it with he rackets bottom. That will sent an impulse to the outer side and stop his opponent in his tracks.

The Slow serve - A serve that, after it bounced, becomes so slow that it will drop way sooner than expected.

The Cricket Shot - much like Yagyuus Golf Swing, but with a typical Cricket stance and an much more shallow bounce.

Spin Rising Shot - the shot he almost beat Nadal with. Hitting an extreme topspin ball directly after the bounce thus taking all the spin within his own Rising shot. The Spin Rising thus will have an irregular bounce on the other side of the net.

Pinnacle of Fusion - it allows the user to combine at least 2 different moves into one shot. For example it is possible to fuse the Wild Ball of Tachibana with the Round Table Shot of Shirashi (same as the anime filler chars move Illusion).

Any comments?

Atobe the king
May 19, 2009, 03:16 PM
Wow..well this is interesting...i'd created a concept for a manga..shonen...etc but when two rival characters meet the way they gauge their strength was through a tennis match

Unfortunately..he happened to be based off Atobe so he looks real similar.. and i have no pics on my HD of him in his tennis uniform..but Imagine a plain Polo with a lightning bolt across the left side (your left)

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9965/l293451f03e230b5163a097.jpg

Okay

Takasuga Matsumori (this is the Japanese order)
Age-17 (he's actually 19 but for the sake of this he's 17)
Height/Weight-5'10/167Lb's
Hand-Ambidextrous, but plays Righty

Bio-Parents died at a young age, brought himself up, extremely wealthy, attends Raiken Gakuen (thunder fist Academy sound better in japanese) Captain of it's Tennis team, play Singles 1. Play Tennis because he despises team sports. Very narcissitic, you either love him or hate him form it, speaks his mind (basically think of a violent Atobe). Is only kind to his Child hood friends Shinji "Fate' Fujimoto and Renji Shiba (lol i made these characters up about 6 years ago the names are REALLY coincidental) and his rival Daisuke Minami. Does not play doubles and the one time he did he beat both opponent on his own. Has low tolerance for alcohol, prized possesions are his Ferrari and diamand encrusted ps3. Most importantly doesn't actually like tennis, uses it to gauge the interest of future members (this has to do with the series i thought up) and because as student body president he had to join a club

racquet- Head (YOUTEK Speed Pro, Djokovics Model)
Forehand Grip - Semi-Western
Backhand - Eastern, One Hander...i hate Two handed backhands..such and ugly shot
Service stance - Platform, and the motion is Roddicks, uses a continental grip for first serve, eastern backhand for second serves
http://chrislovetennis.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/2006_04_16_serve_roddick.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/u5/kbest/large/37109039.RoddickServe.jpg
http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Andy.Roddick.Wimbledon.2004.jpg
Playstyle - All court/All rounder, prefers the baseline (think of Djokovic)

Techniques
Eclipse Serve- The ball toss goes about 20 feet into the air..when the opponent tries to see the ball the ball appears to cause an Eclipse, Serve exceeds 200 Km/h

Half Moon Serve-Serve appears normal but when the ball bounced it kicks over the opponents head (think of a drive B serve)

Lunar assault - A smash but when the ball lands in spins in a circle around the opponent creating a burn mark in the shape of the moon, unreturnable

May the heavens have mercy - since he has never been broken (service wise), if he does his pride takes over and he no longer holds back, the moon theme disappears and a divine one takes it's place

Judgement serve-300 Km/h, destroys the ball

Gods Tears- Appears in 4 different spots hitting a high topspin lob, the lobs multiply in the air and it appears to be raining tennis balls

See No evil - Puts a spin on the ball so intense that it becomes invisible to the naked Eye, Topspin Forehand

Penance - Service return, backhand slice curves around the net post and doesn't bounce

Judgement Shot - 200 Km/h Flat Forehand, blows a hole through the racket if returned

Fayte
May 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
Cool techniques. I just added "Day of Rest" and "Vanishing Point."

Dansan1
May 19, 2009, 11:24 PM
Keep them coming,

Although my own personal tastes don't care for alot of the techniques that have absolutely no feasible way for them to be possible.

Vanishing point is my favorite so far.

Here's a technique with no character

Misdirection Serve : Server bounces ball and brings it in contact with racket as he winds up for the toss,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/3261069026_0c40aa463e.jpg?v=0

but during the actual toss he leaves the ball on the racket in that triangular space between the racket face and handle. The server throws his arm up and gaze normally as if actually tossing the ball. This psychologically causes the opponent to "see" the ball being tossed up.

So when the server swings through, the point the ball is launched is not in sync with the apparent point of contact making the serve extremely difficult to predict and follow.

The ball can also be served via a topspin forehand while in the middle of the tossing motion while the racket is still down.

By the way, how do you guys put those images in the posts?

Atobe the king
May 19, 2009, 11:43 PM
Keep them coming,

Although my own personal tastes don't care for alot of the techniques that have absolutely no feasible way for them to be possible.

This is PoT were talking about..besides thats where the fun comes from

Vanishing point is my favorite so far.

Yea that vanishing point smash that Fayte came up with was something i can see happening in the series

Mine are exaggerated because my character is a character in a shonen manga i thought up, tennis isn't the focus, but the characters play tennis and i fleshed them out so when i saw this topic i decided to add them

By the way, how do you guys put those images in the posts?

There is an icon next to the quotation icon, looks like a plateau with a sky, blue green

OR if you prefer manually

Insert image here

This is the image you attempted to upload right?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/3261069026_0c40aa463e.jpg?v=0

Fayte
May 20, 2009, 12:03 AM
I added a picture of myself to show the hair style of my character. I also forgot to add "Racquet" to the list. So I edited my post.

Sai_the_Shaman
May 21, 2009, 05:12 AM
Name: Amano Sai (天野 差異)(the surname name means Belonging to Heaven. The given name means in a sense a person of great difference and variation)

Racket: Wilson N-Blade w/ 1oz of lead tape at the 11 and 1 'o clock of the frame. Strung to 60lbs with 18 gauge natural gut string

Bio: Sai is of a very mixed heritage. His father was Japanese, which is why he has a fully Japanese name. On his mother's side though, he is Chinese, French, Swedish and Korean. He comes from a relatively rich family. As a child, Sai had a natural learning ability and could pick anything up within a month. As such, he is quite the jack of all trades and knows a lot of random things.

He was inspired to play tennis one day when he was 7 when he saw another kid his age being bullied off a tennis court he was practicing on by middle schoolers. Sai went to help the kid and used the kid's tennis racket to kick the crap out of the kids (since he knew a lot of eveything, he also knew martial arts). He like the weight and feel of the racket and that inspired him to learn how to play the sport.

His play style is inspired by all the knowledge he knows; particularly, his love of martial arts and sword play in general. He is known for his awkward shots and great amount slice spin; especially on his backhand.

Appearance: He has very fair skin and blue eyes as a result of his mixed genetics. However his face is distinctly Asian. However, since he is multiple types of Asian, no one can quite tell what he is. His hair is short to medium length and black. He styles it with wavy spikes up but keeps his bangs down (they aren't very long though and part down the center).

Personality:
Sai is a free spirit. He doesn't care what other people think about him and as a consequence people either despise him or love him. He is a libertarian in the sense that he believes in the absolute freedom of choice and believe that no one has the right to tell another what to do or what is right and wrong. He is also a somewhat selfish person.

Initial Techniques:

自由三昧 (Jiyuu Zanmai - Doing as one likes)

It's a state of being. When entering this state, he becomes completely unpredictable and his shots become utilized to their full potential in speed and power. The drawback from being in this state is the toll is takes on stamina. It can only be used for 20 minutes in total during any given match

スキップ・サーブ - Skip Serve

This serve is achieved through Sai's immense back spin when he serves. As a result the serve has an unpredictable time lag and may even bounce backwards back toward the net when done while in Jiyuu Zanmai.

單刀ショット - Dahn Dao Shot

This is a baseline shot utilizing the racket as if it was a chinese broad sword. It has bother backhand and forehand versions. It places a large spin on the ball. Depending on his whims, Sai can make it have a huge top spin or a huge slice spin. When he uses the top spin version of the shot, the ball has a sudden drop right when it passes the net and shoots off straight up and in the direction of the direction it was shot. When in Jiyuu Zanmai the ball shoots far enough that it lands in the stands, not giving the opponent the chance to return it unless he can get to the net. Furthermore, in this case, the ball usually bounces off the opponents racket and into his face. The Slice version of the shot acts like the Laser beam except it has an odd bounce opposite of the direction it was shot. The Slice version when in Jiyuu Zanmai doesn't bounce and is faster than normal. The backhand version of the Slice is the best of slices, while the Top Spin version of the forehand is the strongest of the topspins.

Later Techniques

武神ドライブ- Bushin Drive (War God Drive)

A super high speed single back hand drive volley. This is a pin point high speed drive volley aimed directly at the opponents soft spot in the middle of their body while being in their blind spot (because of the odd method in hitting the ball, the opponent believes the ball to be going toward a different dirrection). As such, The shot forces a chance lob to be the only possible return because the shot takes them by surprise. The force of being hit by the shot will knock the wind out of the opponent. (It's supposed to be like using the ball as if it were a spear)

神の宣告・天の雷 - Kami no Senkoku - Ten no Kaminari (Judgment by God - Divine Lightning)

A high jumping power smash that comes straight down (no angle, i.e liek when lightning falls it comes straight down) with a blur ball effect. This is supposed to be used in conjunction with Bushin Drive. Basically, once the ball is smashed the opponent sees mutiple balls coming down with great force. If the ball is returned before bouncing it will break through the gut of the racket. However, even after the first bounce the ball will go back directly up (as it was hit with 0 angle) and fly upwards at an amazing height and then accelerate downwards with gravity form there to still have enough power to knock the racket out of hand for most players. This move has the drawback of only being able to be used on extra high lobs and has the adverse effect of causing great stress on one's knees from the jumping and landing and on ones arm form the great force of the shot.

自我の境地 - Jiga no Kyouchi (State of Selfishness)

The Opposite of Muga. It is powered by one's own self absorption (Atobe would be rather close to obtaining this technique). Rather than giving the user other people's techniques, it let's one unlock the complete potential of one's body. This boosts one's own physical limits (Mind, strength, speed, etc) The drawback is that you can't use any of your own special techniques while in this state and must use "regular" tennis.

3 Pinnacles of Selfishness

天賦自然の極み Tenpu Shizen no Kiwami - The Pinnacle of Heavenly Endowments

Allows one to move the aura of Jiga no Kyouchi around to endow a single ability at a time beyond 2 times ones physical limits. For example, moving the aura to your arms gives you 2 times the strength and twice the speed of your swing you would get in just Jiga no Kyouchi, moving to your legs would give you 2 times the speed and two times the height when you jumped etc.

無知蒙昧の極み Muchimoumai no Kiwami - The Pinnacle of Unenlightenment

This is, I would say similar to Kabaji in a sense. There is no complex thought or planning and prediction like Saiki. Instead this is pure instantaneous reaction to the ball. Kind of like when Inui threw away his tennis and went all screaming beast mode on Renji, except to a much higher level. Think of the reactions like God Speed Impulse Agon level. There is no mental challenge here, it's simply reactionary force at it's highest degree. When paired against Saiki, Saiki is unable to determine a correct prediction as there is no pattern of play to predict.

(Coming up with one more.....any ideas would be appreciated)

Atobe the king
May 21, 2009, 07:42 AM
Hey Sai..i feel you on the whole finals thing..my last one was yesterday..

Anway..awesome..you pretty much killed everyone except Fayte in terms of cool attack names, and i like the state of selfishness awesome concept

Im going to add more specifics then

Forehand Grip
Backhand Grip
Service details
Playstyle

Fayte
May 21, 2009, 11:01 AM
Pretty cool ideas, Sai. Opposite of the selfless state is something I never thought of.

I added some stuff to my bio as well.

Sai_the_Shaman
May 21, 2009, 11:23 PM
added some more moves....including on of the pinnacles of reverse muga lol

DavenSodan
May 23, 2009, 12:01 AM
Now that everyone is on on that Muga thing, I too thought up a Pinnacle. Added for Tim Goldwine.

Anyway, nice stuff you guys have come up with!

Fayte
July 08, 2009, 01:07 PM
Guys I updated a lot of my character. You should check it out. I added some new moves and pictures.

Fayte
July 12, 2009, 04:12 PM
Feel free to follow me. I am starting to create my own team. So far I have the following characters.

David
(3rd year)
[Captain]

http://i25.tinypic.com/30ndu9d.gif
http://i31.tinypic.com/2v1snqw.jpg

Name:
Aisoku "David" Shinkou

Height:
6'2

Weight:
177lbs

Dominant Hand:
Left

Bio:
The captain. Nicknamed "Seven." A Rikkai graduate and extremely smart, wise, outgoing Christian, who prays to God both on and off the court. He is known as a funny guy, loves alternative music, and gets along with everyone. When it comes to girls, David is extremely popular. Girls love David. They find him attractive, smart, and kind. He is known as "The perfect boy," to girls his age. On the court, he is known for never playing more than 7 minutes per match, hence the nickname "Seven." (Being the "Perfect" boy, and never playing more than 7 minutes a match) Rumor has it that David was chosen to train the first years of Rikkaidai. Yukimura, Sanada, and Renji were his students.

Racquet:
Babolat Pure Drive (Strung at 165 lbs)

Playstyle:
David has a unique style of play. Known for being a baseliner. His top running speed is average, but his acceleration is on a level of absurdity. David can go from standing still at the baseline, to the net in about 2 seconds. The negative side is the fact that David has low stamina, so he can't play at full strength too long. David is known for slowly walking on the court, and putting in little to no effort to return balls. His acceleration makes up for his lack of net play. He can predict the opponents shot seven seconds before the opponent makes the shot. However, when the opponent makes a shot that David miscalculated, you might see him teleport.

Techniques:

"Precisely."
When David begins to hit absolutely ridiculous angles with perfection. He is able to hit topspin shots that land on the line, extremely close to the net.
http://i25.tinypic.com/2hobiug.jpg

"The Ascension."
When David hits a topspin that is aimed at the top of the net. When the ball hits the top of the net, it is then sprung into the air over the opponents head and lands behind them.
http://i28.tinypic.com/260bbc9.jpg

"Salvation."
A left handed backhand slice smash. Usually used after running from the net to the baseline. Uses the momentum of spinning the body 180 degrees into a "T" shaped body position. When the ball lands, it is propelled at a 90 degree angle.
http://i29.tinypic.com/15noh9t.jpg

"Day of Rest."
David got the idea for this technique after watching Bunta's Tightrope Walking technique. David's shot is a powerful flat shot that collides with the pole, then instead of bouncing into the opponents court, it gets shot at an acute angle it rolls on the top of the net. Purposely makes a "7," to indicate the seventh day of creation.
http://i27.tinypic.com/25kramc.jpg

"White Throne Judgement."
A super high speed [highly arched] left handed drop shot that lands 7 inches in front of the net. David moves his entire body in a 180 degree motion. As David swings his arm, he teleports 3 feet forward with his back facing his opponent. When the ball lands, it is propelled back into the net cord. Upon hitting the net cord, the ball instantly rockets itself to the court, passed the running opponent.
http://i25.tinypic.com/166anh0.jpg

"Wrath Of God."
A left handed forehand-side smash that uses the outside of the racquet to form an abnormally fast top spin. The start of the ball is slow and is aimed vertically to the opponents court. Upon hitting the ground, the ball rockets itself up and down at high speeds, making it appear to be a "meteor shower-like" attack. (Second bounce is completely random) It is impossible to return.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2i9p1ch.jpg

"God's Gift."
When David uses what he calls his "gift from God." It is an abnormal state of observation. David begins to notice slight movements of the eyes, eyelids, legs, arms, head, body, speech tone and volume. He then begins to see things beyond human limitations. "When I play someone, God shows me their very heart. It is what comes out of the heart that controls the human mind and thought itself. God shows me everything." says David in an interview.

"State of Divinity."
Not much is known about this technique because David has only used it once. Rumor has it that David obtains a white aura, and his strength; speed; and mind are increased by seven.

--------------------------------

Seth
(3rd year)
[Vice Captain]

http://i27.tinypic.com/jh9etd.gif
http://i30.tinypic.com/a1mngy.jpg

Name:
Kintei "Seth" Jikan

Height:
5'11

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
The vice captain. Seth's personality is usually quite serious. He is very intelligent and usually hangs around David a lot. Seth doesn't like to lose, but he enjoys a challenge. Legend has it that Seth had defeated Tezuka 6-0 in an unofficial match, after the Nationals. The only person able to beat Seth, is David. "I can't tell whether David is beyond genius or turns off his brain during our matches. I try to fake a drop shot and hit a lob to get David to run to the net, but he catches my bluff every time. I am no match for his special smash." says Seth in an interview.

Racquet:
Wilson K-Factor (Strung at 60 lbs)

Playstyle:
Seth's play-style is one of surprise. He is known for being one of the most unpredictable players the game has ever seen. He is able to motion a hit for a forehand topspin to the right, and end with a unique forehand volley slice to the left side. He can motion a hit for a backhand drop shot, and follow through with a high speed slice to the open court. He has the same motion for both hits, so it is impossible to read him. By the time you see what he will end with, it is already too late. Tezuka was unable to use Tezuka zone against him, because Tezuka was unable to predict what type of shot he would be hitting. Seth's tennis is the ultimate mind game that is made to destroy the intelligent thinker. The only players who stand a chance are the ones who abandon all thought and rely solely on instinct.

Techniques:

[i]"Dolorem."
Seth hits a forehand drive shot that is perfectly angled at the opponents racquet butt as the opponent gets into a forehand stance. Since there is no time to get into a full form, the ball bounces off the handle and Seth finishes by backhand slicing it to his opponents backhand. There is no time to switch to the backhand, so it is a sure win.

"Aspersio."
A curved topspin shot that rolls when it lands.
http://i30.tinypic.com/1052iqd.jpg

"Misericordiam."
A serve return drop shot that lands on the line and spins outward away from the opponent and off the court.
http://i26.tinypic.com/34rzoly.jpg

"Exorcismus."
A overhand serve that uses a starting spin, much like Fuji's underhand serve. Because of the side spin, the ball disappears as it springs straight up. When the opponent looks up, the sun enters their eyes and they can no longer see the yellow ball for a short time.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2e4ho37.jpg

Abel
(2nd year)
http://i31.tinypic.com/25kug6t.gif
http://i30.tinypic.com/ancxsg.jpg

Name:
Kisoku "Abel" Zenkai

Height:
5'8

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Abel is the junior ace of the team. He loves tennis and has a unique passion for it. Abel came from an abusive family, so from a child he began to develop anger issues which he brought to the court. Abel was known for being the first person to have a violent style of tennis, because he took his anger out on whoever he was playing. After Abel graduated from Rikkai University, he met a very young prodigy on the courts who wanted to play against him. Abel completely destroyed him and left him lying on the court in blood. However, the young prodigy struggled to his feet because of his pride. "It seems you will be going to Rikkai University soon. What's your name?" Abel said. The young boy replied "Kirihara...Akaya." Abel said "Would you be interested in me showing you how to play with my tennis?" Akaya's eyes turn red as he replies. "Yes, and I'll use your own style to beat you one day! ahahaha then you will get what you deserve!" Abel saw himself within that young boy. That was the beginning of how Abel taught Kirihara how to play tennis.

Racquet:
Yonex RDS 001 (Strung at 60 lbs)

Playstyle:
Extremely aggressive base liner. Aims his shots at the opponent with pinpoint accuracy. Very fast and strong. Abel has injured over 65 players, gotten disqualified from 15 official matches, and has caused many people to forfeit their match when they hear they will play him. He has gotten over 100 wins by default.

Techniques:

"Trifecta Drive."
Like Atobe's Rondo, Abel hits a smash that is pinpointed at the opponents knee. The ball hits the knee and comes back up. Abel smashes again and hits the other knee, with the same result. Abel then smashes a third time to hit the face for a knock out.

"Nocturnal Drive."
Abel hits a super topspin which disappears from sight, and hits the opponents groin. As it hits, the opponent will by nature bend forward, the ball then springs up into the opponents face for a double hit. This technique is an instant knock out. Abel is known for saying "Bye-Bye." when about to use this technique.

"Moonlight Drive."
Abel hits a highly arched disappearing topspin aimed for the top of the head. As it reappears, it bounces from the top of the head and the opponent will usually smash it. This leads for Abel to hit the same shot again and again until the opponent is knocked out.

Caleb
(3rd year)
http://i31.tinypic.com/2jcdiyo.gif
http://i28.tinypic.com/24pi53c.jpg

Name:
Inu "Caleb" Saishi

Height:
5'10

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Left

Bio:
The partner of Judas; Caleb is an outgoing guy who appears to have a very flirtatious personality when it comes to girls. Most of the time he is a carefree guy, however when he messes up and embarrasses himself in front of female spectators, he gets serious and doesn't hold back.

Racquet:
Head YOUTEK Speed (Strung at 58 lbs)

Playstyle:
Caleb likes to joke around on the court, and he likes to have many tricks up his sleeve to surprise his opponent. He is a doubles player, and he is known for using the butt of his racquet for extremely sharp cross court angled shots while at the net. There has also been times where Caleb would show off in front of girls, by flipping the racquet up in the air and catching it while hitting the ball when the racquet is in the air.

Techniques:

"Rainbow."
When Caleb is at the net, he tends to show off his geometric abilities. In this shot, Caleb uses his backhand to hit a forehand shot at the net. His stance is much like Fuji's "Higuma Otoshi," or David's "White Throne Judgement." only Caleb hits this shot from the side and he swings his arm over his head 180 degrees from his front to his back. This looks much like a rainbow shaped movement.
http://i29.tinypic.com/2lm2zd0.jpg

"Eye of the Storm."
When Caleb is in the back court, he can freely hit a special type of cordball. He puts an extreme backspin on a super slice drive. When the opponent thinks it will be cross court and deep, the ball hits the net. The force of the backspin hitting the top of the net makes the ball move an inch forward and drop on the opponents court.
http://i32.tinypic.com/hvdsgz.jpg

"Solar Eclipse."
Caleb's special back court twist lob. Caleb puts a great deal of spin into this shot, and it is extremely accurate and fast. This shot is impossible to return, if the opponent is either not physically strong, or taken off guard.
http://i30.tinypic.com/v61bw1.jpg

"Vanishing Point"
A trick smash that uses the butt of the tennis racquet when the opponent expects the extension of the arm. The ball is super fast, and appears to be invisible, due to it being out of the opponents expected field of view.

Judas
(3rd year)
http://i27.tinypic.com/28b8wg6.gif
http://i26.tinypic.com/vuue0.jpg

Name:
Raisan "Judas" Koudai

Height:
5'11

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
The partner of Caleb; Judas has a face that is usually always smiling. However, when he gets serious, his personality changes completely and even his voice changes. Not much is known about Judas because he rarely shows what he is capable of on the court. However, some say he has a limitless potential.

Racquet:
Yonex RDiS 100 Mid

Playstyle:
Judas prefers the baseline over the net, however he is able to play both positions very well. Judas is known for being a counter-puncher, and rarely ever being on the offense.

Techniques:

"Observe."
Judas hits a unique cordball with a full swing of the one handed back hand. He aims the ball to the left side of the court, and the side spinning ball bounces to the right side of the opponents court in front of the net.

"Understand."
Judas crosses his arms in the back court with his racquet in hand. His face becomes ruthless, as he spins his body 180 degrees to hit a high speed backhand slice wherever he needs to.

"Know."
As the ball comes to Judas' forehand, he raises his hand very high in a slow circle motion. When the ball bounces, he waits for the exact time to hit the ball. Judas then jolts his forehand slice to an absurd speed and the ball bounces at the baseline and goes through the fence hole.

DavenSodan
July 13, 2009, 04:07 AM
Nice drawing although David and Abel almost look the same to me. You based Seths drawing on Death Notes Kira didnt you? Anyway, I like the background story of Abel and the Playstyle of Seth nice thinking.

Fayte
July 13, 2009, 09:53 AM
Nice drawing although David and Abel almost look the same to me. You based Seths drawing on Death Notes Kira didnt you? Anyway, I like the background story of Abel and the Playstyle of Seth nice thinking.

I drew David's hair how I wanted perfectly, but I messed up on Abel's. Abel's hair is supposed to be sort of down in the front, but spiked up in the back. David's hair isn't spiked in the back, as you can see by the hair being down by his neck. If I drew a side-view of Abel, you would notice the difference a lot more.

And actually, I didn't base the characters on anyone. I didn't look at anything when I drew them, I just thought of how their hair should look. David and Seth came out how I wanted, but I messed up on Abel.

I understand what you said though. When I finished drawing Seth, I said "He looks a lot like Light." However my mindset drawing him was just to make his hair kind of plain, but not really. Just a downward hairstyle because nobody in PoT has it.

javimgol
July 14, 2009, 04:56 PM
You have so much free time :D
Well, your team needs a doubles pair. And congratulations, the desings are awesome
And how many people your team will have? 4 like David Cup or 8 like Prince of Tennis?

javimgol
July 14, 2009, 05:56 PM
My player
Name: Frank Marcos
Height:1m 72 cm 5' 8''
Weight: 160 lb 70 kg
Bio: Nicknamed "Hiro". He's not a genius, but can compete with them. Very intelligent but lazy. Catholic and proud of it. It's a very funny guy out the courts, but when he plays a sport or does a test, he becomes extremely serious and competitive. With no brothers, he really appreciates a good afternoon with friends. He loves fiesta and has a "never give up" attitude in the life. Stubborn but optimist.
Racquet: Babolat (Strung at 115 lbs). He loves very light rackets
Closely Resembles: Jirou and a bit of Oishi(lifestyle), Kaidoh and Kikumaru (Playstyle)
Playstyle: He hasn't got many awesome shots. He has two very different playstyles, one serving ("Serving madness") and one returning ("Destroy the forehand, defend till dead")
When serving, thanks to amazing speed or twisted serves, he plays very agressive, even with serve and volley.He has very different and interesting serves
When returning, he changes completely, he stays in the baselines, reaching every ball thanks to his amazing stamina and speed, and hitting Buggy Whip Shots to rival's backhand till he fails. His backhand is really horrible, but he is so fast that he can hit many backhand shots like forehands. He is short, so when he is in the net people uses to lob him, but many times his speed again helps him to get that lobs. He scores very few winners, and most of his points are unforced of his rival

Techniques:

"FS Serve" (Fast and Surpsing Serve)
It's his favorite and mastered serve. He serves with a very fast move of the arm, so most of the time the rival has no time to react. He can serve it to the line extremely easily, and it's more dangerous, thanks to his spin, to rival's backhand

"Axe Slice Serve"
A Slice Serve to the T Serving Zone that bounces a bit high in the direction of the body with a very fast spin

"Tricky serve"
After suffering a few aces thanks to FS Serve, the rivals try to return the ball in the baseline. It's the time to a Fast Drop Shot Serve. If the rivals returns hit, you will be ready in the net to volley him

"Open Serve"
A very angled serve, than bounces almost parallel to the net. Very useful to combine with the FS Serve, perfect again if the rival receives in the baseline

"Hierro" (Iron in Spanish, if you read Bleach you will know this word)
With his great speed and stamina, he runs in the baseline returning every ball. He stays exactly in the center of the baseline because he is very good recovering the position after return every shot, controlling the flow of the game. And has no problems to run to the net very fast if he receives a drop shot. It's similar to Oishi Territory but applied to the baseline

"Left Killer/Evil Snake"
The standard hit when Hiro is in a rally. A Buggy Whip Shot with a lot of spin to the back side of the rival's backhand. The rivals maybe could return several of them in a row, but they will let a wide open space on the other side of the court.

"Axe Decapitation"
The only special Frank's backhand hit, still training it. Very similar to Renji's Yamaitachi,a very fast backhand slice in the execution, but this slice is destined to go to the line, giving no time to the rival to return it. Also useful if the rival is in the net, surprising him in a way near to Ryoma's Drive A

"Cut"
A very sliced ball that bounces near the right or left line. It's a slow ball, but difficult to return, so it's perfect to recover a good postion in the court after returning a difficult ball

"Psycho"
Hiro is extremely good analyzing his rivals. After several words, he can understand if his rival is arrogant, naive, selfcentered, emotional, cold,if he is depressed, pressured or motivated...and use it in the court. He can not predict what shots is going to use, but to understand what would be the reaction after a difficlt point, an ace, a blank game, a lucky shot...

Fayte
July 14, 2009, 10:19 PM
I will make a team of 7. I just finished my first doubles character, Caleb. Check it out. I also edited Abel's picture to make it look more like how I wanted.

Updated:

-Added Caleb
-Changed Abel's photo
-Edited David's Bio
-Edited "White Throne Judgement picture
-Edited "White Throne Judgement description
-Edited "Wrath of God" picture
-Edited "Salvation" picture

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 02:28 PM
Team has three member..they have doubles players but there's no need to mention them since they lose on purpose so S1,S2,and S3 can sweep up the last sets.

Drawings are meh..did them in 2 minutes a piece.

CaptainMatsumori Takasuga, S1

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2272/69846863.jpg

Takasuga Matsumori (this is the Japanese order)
Height/Weight-5'10/167Lb's
Hand-Ambidextrous, but plays Righty

Bio-Parents died at a young age, brought himself up, extremely wealthy, attends Raiken Gakuen (thunder fist Academy sound better in japanese) Captain of it's Tennis team, play Singles 1. Play Tennis because he despises team sports. Very narcissitic, you either love him or hate him form it, speaks his mind (basically think of a violent Atobe). Is only kind to his Child hood friends Shinji "Fate' Fujimoto and Renji Shiba (lol i made these characters up about 6 years ago the names are REALLY coincidental) and his rival Daisuke Minami. Does not play doubles and the one time he did he beat both opponent on his own. Has low tolerance for alcohol, prized possesions are his Ferrari and diamand encrusted ps3. Most importantly doesn't actually like tennis, uses it to gauge the interest of future members (this has to do with the series i thought up) and because as student body president he had to join a club

racquet- Head (YOUTEK Speed Pro, Djokovics Model)
Backhand - Eastern, One Hander...i hate Two handed backhands..such and ugly shot
Service stance - Platform, and the motion is Roddicks, uses a continental grip for first serve, eastern backhand for second serves
http://chrislovetennis.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/2006_04_16_serve_roddick.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/u5/kbest/large/37109039.RoddickServe.jpg
http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Andy.Roddick.Wimbledon.2004.jpg
Playstyle - All court/All rounder, prefers the baseline (think of Djokovic)

Techniques
Eclipse Serve- The ball toss goes about 20 feet into the air..when the opponent tries to see the ball the ball appears to cause an Eclipse, Serve exceeds 200 Km/h

Half Moon Serve-Serve appears normal but when the ball bounced it kicks over the opponents head (think of a drive B serve)

Lunar assault - A smash but when the ball lands in spins in a circle around the opponent creating a burn mark in the shape of the moon, unreturnable

May the heavens have mercy - since he has never been broken (service wise), if he does his pride takes over and he no longer holds back, the moon theme disappears and a divine one takes it's place

Judgement serve-300 Km/h, destroys the ball

Gods Tears- Appears in 4 different spots hitting a high topspin lob, the lobs multiply in the air and it appears to be raining tennis balls

See No evil - Puts a spin on the ball so intense that it becomes invisible to the naked Eye, Topspin Forehand

Penance - Service return, backhand slice curves around the net post and doesn't bounce

Judgement Shot - 200 Km/h Flat Forehand, blows a hole through the racket if returned

Vice Captain Renji Shiba, S3

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7127/renjiw.jpg

Shiba Renji

Height/Weight-5'9/143Lb's
Hand-Lefty

Bio-An orphan like Matsumori found him living in the streets along with Shinji. He took him into his mansion and the three were raised by the Takashuga family butler. Likes piercings and tattoos. Quiet laid back loves to observe but never partake.

racquet- Head YOUTEK Radical Pro
Backhand - two handed
Service stance - Pinpoint, think of Andy Murrays Motion

Playstyle - Defensive counter puncher

Techniques to come

Shinji Fujimoto

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6669/fates.jpg
Fujimoto Shinji

Height/Weight-6'3/183Lb's
Hand-Righty

Bio-An orphan like Matsumori who found him living in the streets along with Renji. He took him into his mansion and the three were raised by the Takasuga family butler. Likes solitude and tranquility...but loves fighting games...favorite series is Guilty gear.

racquet- Wilson K Factor KSix-One Tour 90
Forehand Grip - Eastern
Backhand - two handed
Service stance - Think of Ernests Gulbis

Playstyle - Aggressive Baseliner with good touch.

techniques to come.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 18, 2009, 03:41 AM
was bored, did an update to my character, may create a team later. may add a pic later....no time right now lol

Things updated: Kanji change in his name

-Changed what his smash does to make it less of a smash "Rai"
-added the second pinnacle
-changed the Japanese names of a few shots to be more accurate and more of a mirror to muga with my reverse muga (thanks to winterlion for help on coming up with some really obscure things)

Fayte
July 23, 2009, 02:11 PM
*New character added*

Judas.

Check it out~

Antares
July 28, 2009, 04:51 AM
Warning: this post contains a long story involving a couple of PoT characters, because i like to write. Or in this case, to type. And, because this is Prince of Tennis, please don't be angry at me if you read some way-over-the-top broken abilities. :amuse

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/uyuu/ScannedImage.jpg

Name: Yukihiko
Height:175 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Playstyle: Unknown

Background story:

Yukihiko is a boy brimming with passion toward any kind of art. He was lazy at school, but enjoyed music and painting, and he loved to sing very much. One day, he went with his friends to watch a local jazz gig, and he found out something strange.

As the most anticipated jazz band in the town entered the stage, the whole world was in a slow motion. In this bizarre situation, Yukihiko’s attention was focused to the movements of the vocalist’s lips. By the time the concert was over, he could produce the exact same vocal techniques of the singer, and he could even find and improve the strengths and weaknesses of the vocalizing techniques, creating even better various methods to produce his own singing voice. Then he realized that whenever he was interested at something and observed visually at intense concentration, he could absorb, imitate, and even improve a technique of any kind.

Giddily happy when knowing this, Yukihiko tried to apply this strange ability in his studies. From then on, he was one of the smartest students in the school. No one, not even the teachers, could beat him at math, biology, and physics. The subjects he did not ace in were the subjects he hates like geography and sociology. It appeared that he must have a minimum amount of interest in something before he can use the ability of his eyes.

He remembered what his closest friend at the elementary school, also his upperclassman, call his ability. The Eyes of World.

He then went to Amsterdam to further study music and painting for two years, and came back to Japan to enter junior high school. He wanted to learn to be the trickster in tennis just like Momoshiro or Niou. But then he met his long-separated best friend, also ex-upperclassman. Keigo Atobe.

Atobe told him to play a tennis match against Otori. “It’s just for fun and burning some calories, Yukihiko. Be easy on him, wouldn’t you, Otori?” Atobe said, and Yukihiko was crushed. He learned tennis a little bit, so he was able to return Otori’s attacks a few times. But in the end he was defeated 1-6. The only point was also due to Otori’s fault, causing the ball to go out. Huffing and puffing, Yukihiko asked for rest while Atobe sparred against Kabaji. This, of course, was for Atobe to show off his own tennis skills. Knowing this, Yukihiko just chuckled. Atobe was one of the most anticipated player in school tennis world that was recognized even by Yukimura Seiichi himself. But Kabaji is also a tennis beast who can seemingly mirror any player’s skill.

The match between Hyoutei’s best tennis players triggers something in Yukihiko. Atobe played tennis with so much grace. So much elegance. Yukihiko squint his eyes, and the whole world went slow motion. Atobe and Kabaji, slow motion. Weird, he thought, I can see some white spots surrounding Atobe and Kabaji, forming a constantly changing pattern, yet identical for each of them. What happens if that spot is to be hit by a ball?

One single time, Atobe accidentally hit the ball to one white spot gazed by Yukihiko. Kabaji could not move. He just stared at Atobe and said, “Can't hit...” and Yukihiko’s eyes went wide. Blind Spot! Of course! The spots were identical because Kabaji mirrored Atobe! If someone hits the blind spot, a player wouldn’t be able to react, let alone return the ball! Yukihiko called Atobe to discuss this discovery, and Atobe’s eyes went wide. “Of course…how can I forget? You have The Eyes of World!! Can you teach me this? The method to see the white spots?” Yukihiko tried his hardest to have Atobe understand, but the result was next to nothing.

So Atobe said to have a spar with him. “Try to return my shot.” said Atobe while hitting the ball easily to Yukihiko. As Yukihiko gazed at Atobe, he saw again the white spots and hit towards it. Atobe could not even begin to move to anticipate the shot. “There,” Yukihiko said while pointing numerous areas, “It’s all over your side of the court. Here, here, here, here, here…”

Being a genius tennis player, Atobe quickly made a mental note of the patterns between his previous movements and the white spots Yukihiko had seen. Atobe asked Yukihiko to spar with him privately, using this method and imagining that he himself to be able to see the white spots told by Yukihiko, every midnight until the sun rose, for a full month.

By the end of the month, extremely sleepy and exhausted beyond limits, Atobe had been able to form the mental image of the “white spots” told by Yukihiko. Being a talented player, Atobe can adjust the “white spots” placements with different opponents’ habits quickly after Yukihiko told him that he saw different spots on different players. Atobe’s proud personality was personified in the spots he saw as pillars of glimmering ice, representing Atobe’s cool judgment towards his opponent at tennis court like a raptor towards its prey. And Yukihiko’s gift to Atobe was finally complete. Atobe called it, The World of Ice.

Yukihiko just shrugged.

With great determination of this particular skill, Atobe practiced World of Ice like a mad man, and finally it became a technique that was truly Atobe’s. No one, not even Yukihiko, its founder, can use the technique more wholly than Atobe. Yukihiko, due to his carefree nature, did not have enough determination to master this skill.

But Yukihiko also gained something himself. When the last sparring session was over, Yukihiko told Atobe to have a one-point match. Atobe used his strongest World of Ice, generating every mental image he could muster and extrapolate to detect Yukihiko’s blind spots. And he saw something beyond his imagining.

Yukihiko’s blind spots were all over the place, surrounding Yukihiko’s body, everywhere at Yukihiko’s side of court, flooding it, suffocating it, and kept on multiplying. Then Yukihiko smiled gently, and the blind spots in Atobe's vision went completely dark.

Where?! Where should I hit!? Atobe screamed in his head. Yukihiko cocked his head a little to the left, and then the blind spots instantly appeared all over again, only this time moving at impossible speed Atobe could not even comprehend.

Yukihiko relaxingly stood at the court with no stance at all and closed his eyes. Then Atobe saw things.

It was as if Yukihiko stood on a flowery meadow where all trees, fireflies, birds, butterflies sang a song to him. “What the heck is that serenity?! Are your blind spots everywhere, or do you actually have none at all?!”

“Really cool, huh? This mental state…I just found it. Seems it emanates perceptive illusion to any kind of the opponent’s insight and at the same time nullifies any weakness I have. Also, I can create the opponent’s blind spots. Create them, at will.”

Yukihiko explained no further and left. He enrolled at Hyoutei Junior High to meet Atobe again as an underclassman, but never played tennis in an official match.

----

Abilities

==========================

The Eyes of World

This is the foundation of any of Yukihiko’s other techniques. When observing a tennis player with a unique style that interests him enough, Yukihiko always remembers the strongest techniques unleashed by the player. He can even absorb the opponent’s smallest muscle motions, footwork, basic ball-hitting methods and habits. From then on, he can then apply it himself and even find improvements to create even better techniques.

The weakness of this technique is, he cannot learn and improve from tennis style that he dislikes or style that does not fit his carefree nature, such as any kind of data tennis, acrobatic tennis, perfect tennis, or Muga No Kiyouchi. “I can’t do ‘perfect’. I can’t be perfect. I’ll surpass perfection with my own way.”

The second weakness is that the application of all the techniques he had learned cannot be used against players that are not strong enough. It is because all the techniques and knowledge he learned from previous opponents are mismatched in his head whenever he is against an opponent with too much a different scale of abilities. Therefore they could not be released, and Yukihiko, no matter how hard he tries, will lose.

=======================

The Tree of Skies

The technique is discovered from Keigo Atobe’s World of Ice. Yukihiko generates an aura that creates perceptive illusion towards any kind of opponent’s insight, calculation, or prediction. The stronger the opponent’s techniques, the stronger the illusion and the uncertainties will be. At the same time, it allows Yukihiko to create opponent’s blind spots and weaknesses at will. The stronger the opponent, the greater the blind spots and weaknesses will be. This is because Yukihiko can learn to absorb the opponent’s insight and give reflection towards it, therefore judging its frailty. Stronger opponent would only nourish his learning ability all the deeper.

The weakness of this technique that is will not work towards tennis players that do not have strong insight or predicting ability.

The visual representation would be as if Yukihiko stands in a flowery field, and a soothing melody from every living creature is being sung to him.

=======================

Heartless Angel

Discovering this technique when facing Sanada in an unofficial one-point match, Yukihiko hits the ball by absorbing the opponent’s speed, power and then applies it with his own body, making the ball goes up to the sky and streams down faster than the speed of light with lightning-shaped projection. This ball, due to instantaneous speed, doesn’t ever bounce but penetrates into the ground instead. Sanada, the only person ever witnessed the technique yet, said, “The instant I hit the ball with Rai towards him, it was already inside the ground right behind me. I don’t get it. An untouchable shot.”

The weakness of this technique that, due to it requiring great speed and/or power of the opponent’s ball to utilize the full potential, it cannot be used to initiate attack, or to counter slow or soft techniques like lobs, drops or cord balls. The strength of this technique is that it is the most powerful when countering powerful and speed techniques like smashes, Tezuka’s Hyakuren Jitoku No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Hardwork), Hadoukens, Sanada’s Fire, Wind, and Lightning.

The visual representation is like Fuji’s Sixth Counter, Hoshi Hanabi, combined with ball’s fierceness and pathway projection of Sanada’s Lightning, and instead of bouncing, the ball pierces into the ground.

============================

Yukihiko had witnessed the match between Yukimura Seiichi and Echizen Ryoma, all the while using his Eyes of World to memorize the slightest details of both super players’ skills and fuse them with his own. From the match he discovered his ultimate technique:

Wish of Eden – The Liberation of a God

Pinnacle of Perfection gives Ryoma indescribable speed and finesse, while Child of God gives Yukimura ability to control the opponent’s five senses. Yukihiko learned micromovements of Ryoma’s muscle shift, neural synapses and ball-hitting technique, fused it with Yukimura’s playstyle, cognitive pattern and mental integration, improved the result using his own method, formulated it even further, and took it to a completely new level surpassing all limits. Focusing this amalgamation of techniques into his entire body, Yukihiko finally learned to cut existence itself.

Using this technique while hitting the ball will literally cut the fabric of time-space around the ball in order for it to arrive at the opponent’s court. Simply put, the ball travels through and beyond the boundaries of time-space continuum itself and is already at the designated point on the opponent’s court in an instant.

Using this technique while running will literally cut the fabric of time-space around the body needed to arrive at any place. Simply put, the body travels through and beyond the boundaries of time-space continuum itself and is already at the designated point in an instant.

Using this technique while observing or sensing the opponent’s movement will gain access to the knowledge of the opponents’ techniques, ball speed, power, and precise arrival moment and place in Yukihiko’s court, even before the opponent knows it, regardless of feints or tricks the opponent tries to pull. Simply put, the brain thought process to react is beyond the boundaries of time-space continuum itself and instantly knows the counter-attack to the opponent’s skill even before the opponent thinks of the particular skill.

Bursting this technique out of Yukihiko’s own body to envelope the court will literally stop the opponent’s flow of time-space continuum, rendering the opponent’s movement, thought process, consciousness completely stopped. It is similar to hitting “stop button” at the opponent.

Well, i think that's that. :amuse

Lemonphantom
September 16, 2009, 07:47 PM
Let me make one:

Name: Andrew Valentine

He's the Captain of the team and is never serious. He usually likes to good around with the members of his team and his members respect him for it. He's also very lazy and usually just gives up matches when he sees his opponent as unfit, but his team has never lost a match as team against any schools. He sometimes doesn't even show up for the matches when they're playing against a weak school. He also gives up matches when he wants his teammates to evolve and takes risk by placing them on the deciding matches...He's a very smart and skillfull player that when he actually plays, he never loses. He doesn't like using his special techniques and seals his self created playing style and only shows them to worthy opponents. He never had an opponent that forces him to use everything he has. His Vice Captain was the closest one to doing so.

Techniques: 6 Tricks of the Shadows
The tricks of the shadow are not shots...They're like different playing styles and you can't use one trick with another one. You can only use one of the tricks at a time. The tricks are ranked by strength with the first one being the weakest and the last one the strongest.

Shadow's Mind
It's a move similar to Insight and can detect a player's blind spots and can understand shots and figure out to return them the first time they're seen. It's the first trick of the shadows...

Shadow Steps
It's strange movement that causes Andrew to be much faster than usual and makes an illusion of having after images because of the bizarre movements. This also hides his presence and makes him fast enough to reach almost every shot...This strange movement is very Straining to the eye of the opponents because of his random and fast movements. It's been said that he returned 10 balls going 200 kilometers per hour going right at him at the same time. The witnesses stated that he they saw many arms hitting the balls.

Gravity Control
It's been stated that darkness sucks in everything...Well Gravity Control sucks in every ball...similar to the Tezuka Zone. However this is very straining and is not used continuously like Tezuka Zone. However Andrew uses this greatly in his play style

Shadow Ball
It's a shot that hides the presences of the ball. It is also a trick shot. I mean by this is that it is a very unpredictable ball. For example, if Andrew swings the racket to the left, the ball could be going to the right or anywhere for that matter. The way Andrew hits the ball doesn't tell the ball's path. If it looks like you're lobbing or using a drop volley, the ball can actually be a normal return. It's a very strange and complicated ball and can be used at any single time. When using a Shadow Ball, the ball is hit away from the player. Along with the trickiness of the ball, the ball is also very fast and very heavy.

Phantom Ball
It's a lot stronger and faster than a shadow ball. Unlike the Shadow Ball, it is hit directly to the opponent. The ball comes straightly at the opponent then suddenly disappears and appears again behind the opponent...But only Andrew knows when the ball will disappear. Some players manages to get the ball before it disappears but it is too heavy to return and puts strains in their arms and body. Since the Phantom Ball is usually aimed at the face and disappears after, the opponent gets scared by the ball because if he makes a wrong move he could get hit by the ball. After seeing the ball's destructive powers as it hits the fence and the rackets, this is very scary although Andrew knows how the opponents are going to react and would never hit anyone. After a while, the opponents freeze as fear sets upone them and some never recovers from the battle.

God of Darkness
This is a move where every trick of the shadow is combined. It's Andrew's true ability. With the mind of darkness, the movement of the shadows, gravity control, the trickiness of the shadow ball, and the imense strenth and power of the phantom ball...you can call Andrew "GOd of Darkness" with that kind of ability. He combines all that into one play and turns into an Invincible player....One that could match Echizen's POP although he still might lose....

Wild Swing
This shot is Andrew's signature shot. It can be used without activating any of the Shadow tricks but the shadow tricks strengtens it by folds.....Without the tricks of the shadow, it's just a very fast ball, but with the Shadow, it's a ball that's almost unreturnable. Andrew goes into a stance where his arms are in a X shape. He waits til the ball is near him and just swings his arms racket in a wild motion.

Jyten
October 02, 2009, 04:47 PM
My team...THE GEEKS!...yeah that's right Konomi, my team is gonna mess up your Manga after you messed with their Math!

Singles 1

Name:
Roger Bacon

Height:
5'3

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Left

Bio:
The Man

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Beyond Brilliant.

Techniques:

Experiment:
With this move Roger can feasibly do any move that has yet to happen or not yet to happen...however...they don't always work...side effects vary.

Alchemy:
Unlike Bill he can fuse any number of moves that he has experimented with to create truly odd moves.

Opus Minus:
A return to the simplicity Roger looses all of his special abilities and simply wins win extreme speed and strength.

Singles 2

Name:
Sir Issac Newton

Height:
5'6

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Created newtonian physics

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Simply Brilliant.

Techniques:

Motion:
Causes Issac to move 3 times faster than normal.

Gravity:
Issac looses all emotion. Returns all thots hit at him in such away so that the opponent can hit them. After an extremely long rally the begin to feel very heavy. Like they are fighting a machine. May induce yips.

Apple:
Hits a cord ball that hits so hard it rises to a lob. With his pin point precision causes it to fall on the opponents head.

Singles 3

Name:
Albert Einestine

Height:
6'2"

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Considered the person with the highest IQ. Invented the second most dealy weapon of all time, the nuke. The most powerful weapon of all time is still and always will be compound interest.

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Brilliant.

Techniques:

Reality:
The ability to see through all techniques and understand how to beat them.

Quantum:
The ability to see all possible moves all at once. Like Saki except it works in doubles... however causes so much stress on the brain he can only use it for 10 minutes. During its use his hair goes crazy.

Nuke:
A super powerful smash causes the ball to literally explode on impact.

Doubles 1

Name:
Nikola Tesla

Height:
5'7

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Known as one of the greatest electricians of all time...inherntlly crazy...favorite quote: don't worry its safe.

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Crazy Unpredictable

Techniques:

Coil:
Tesla hits a version of a tornado snake, habu, and yaguu's laser beam....due to the extreme unpredictability he has almost zero control over the move. However, he has yet to hit with this out of bounds....granted due to the lack of control and speed of the ball he has sent nearly 60% of all of his opponents to the hospital.

Electric Car:
Works like a tsubeme gashi and literally crawls along the ground. Tesla can only hit this move after 3rd set, however he can hit it as many times there afterwards from any conceivable place

Lights:
Tesla with his partner Edison read the opponents moves and start hitting balls directly straight at them. Just before the ball hits their face it curves around them like a habu causing the opponents to see thousands of "lights".

Name:
Thomas Edison

Height:
6'1"

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Dreamer

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Fast powerful.

Techniques:

X-Ray:
Edison hits an extremely hard forehand move that seems to disappear. Said to be one of the Fastest forehands in the world. Like Yaguu's laser beam.

Phone:
With his keen sense of understanding people he immediately knows the move the person will do before they do it.

Lights:
Tesla with his partner Edison read the opponents moves and start hitting balls directly straight at them. Just before the ball hits their face it curves around them like a habu causing the opponents to see thousands of "lights".

Doubles 2

Name:
Bill Gates

Height:
5'8

Weight:
160??

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
One of the richest men in the world due to the economic collapse he must now team up with Steve Jobs.

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Trickster of the court spends all of his time know of absorbing all techniques he sees and fuses them.

Techniques:

Learn:
After only seeing a move once he can immediately immidate it.
Patch:
After using the move 4 times he can instantly upgrade it.
moves that he has not yet patched tend to have bugs in them.
Fuse:
After patching the move he can then fuse it with one of his other "patched" moves.

Name:
Steve Jobs

Height:
5'9

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Dreamer

Racquet:

Playstyle:
The dreamer, his play style is very clean and neat. Almost like Shiraishi's Bible tennis. However, he has far more specialty moves that he continuely finds perfection in

Techniques:

OSX:
A high lob that spirals down as it hits the court.
iTunes:
Steve gets in the rythem. Increases his speed an accuracy by 100%.

iPhone:
Steve telephatically knows what the opponent is thinking.

Yeah I know the last two really aren't scientist per se but it's too funny. :) Updates will come as brain allows. :) Actual ages, weights and heights may vary.

javimgol
October 03, 2009, 05:38 AM
My team...THE GEEKS!...yeah that's right Konomi, my team is gonna mess up your Manga after you messed with their Math!

Singles 1

Name:
Roger Bacon

Height:
5'3

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Left

Bio:
The Man

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Beyond Brilliant.

Techniques:

Experiment:
With this move Roger can feasibly do any move that has yet to happen or not yet to happen...however...they don't always work...side effects vary.

Alchemy:
Unlike Bill he can fuse any number of moves that he has experimented with to create truly odd moves.

Opus Minus:
A return to the simplicity Roger looses all of his special abilities and simply wins win extreme speed and strength.

Singles 2

Name:
Sir Issac Newton

Height:
5'6

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Created newtonian physics

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Simply Brilliant.

Techniques:

Motion:
Causes Issac to move 3 times faster than normal.

Gravity:
Issac looses all emotion. Returns all thots hit at him in such away so that the opponent can hit them. After an extremely long rally the begin to feel very heavy. Like they are fighting a machine. May induce yips.

Apple:
Hits a cord ball that hits so hard it rises to a lob. With his pin point precision causes it to fall on the opponents head.

Singles 3

Name:
Albert Einestine

Height:
6'2"

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Considered the person with the highest IQ. Invented the second most dealy weapon of all time, the nuke. The most powerful weapon of all time is still and always will be compound interest.

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Brilliant.

Techniques:

Reality:
The ability to see through all techniques and understand how to beat them.

Quantum:
The ability to see all possible moves all at once. Like Saki except it works in doubles... however causes so much stress on the brain he can only use it for 10 minutes. During its use his hair goes crazy.

Nuke:
A super powerful smash causes the ball to literally explode on impact.

Doubles 1

Name:
Nikola Tesla

Height:
5'7

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Known as one of the greatest electricians of all time...inherntlly crazy...favorite quote: don't worry its safe.

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Crazy Unpredictable

Techniques:

Coil:
Tesla hits a version of a tornado snake, habu, and yaguu's laser beam....due to the extreme unpredictability he has almost zero control over the move. However, he has yet to hit with this out of bounds....granted due to the lack of control and speed of the ball he has sent nearly 60% of all of his opponents to the hospital.

Electric Car:
Works like a tsubeme gashi and literally crawls along the ground. Tesla can only hit this move after 3rd set, however he can hit it as many times there afterwards from any conceivable place

Lights:

Name:
Thomas Edison

Height:
6'1"

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Dreamer

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Fast powerful.

Techniques:

X-Ray:
Edison hits an extremely hard forehand move that seems to disappear. Said to be one of the Fastest forehands in the world. Like Yaguu's laser beam.

Phone:
With his keen sense of understanding people he immediately knows the move the person will do before they do it.

Lights:

Doubles 2

Name:
Bill Gates

Height:
5'8

Weight:
160??

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
One of the richest men in the world due to the economic collapse he must now team up with Steve Jobs.

Racquet:

Playstyle:
Trickster of the court spends all of his time know of absorbing all techniques he sees and fuses them.

Techniques:

Learn:
After only seeing a move once he can immediately immidate it.
Patch:
After using the move 4 times he can instantly upgrade it.
moves that he has not yet patched tend to have bugs in them.
Fuse:
After patching the move he can then fuse it with one of his other "patched" moves.

Name:
Steve Jobs

Height:
5'9

Weight:

Dominant Hand:
Right

Bio:
Dreamer

Racquet:

Playstyle:
The dreamer, his play style is very clean and neat. Almost like Shiraishi's Bible tennis. However, he has far more specialty moves that he continuely finds perfection in

Techniques:

OSX:
A high lob that spirals down as it hits the court.
iTunes:
Steve gets in the rythem. Increases his speed an accuracy by 100%.

iPhone:
Steve telephatically knows what the opponent is thinking.

Yeah I know the last two really aren't scientist per se but it's too funny. :) Updates will come as brain allows. :) Actual ages, weights and heights may vary.

ABSOLUTELY GREAT, congratulations.
You make me think about making of team of mathematicians or sth similar :p

Jyten
October 03, 2009, 08:46 PM
ABSOLUTELY GREAT, congratulations.
You make me think about making of team of mathematicians or sth similar :p

Thanks, it was pretty fun to make up that team. You should totally make a mathematicians team, maybe a philosopher team or a prophets team. :P If I end up having some more free time I'll give them all back ground stories and stuff...

Bowser
October 06, 2009, 12:28 PM
It would end up like a whole team made up of complete data tennis.

One that can calculate the angle and speed, one that can calculate trajectory by looking at ones form, one that can calculates ones probability to win and how to increase it, one that could Heck, that would be a very annoying team to play with. (mathematics team)