PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Pro or Anti sex scene (Reika and Kei)

Kozar927
May 19, 2009, 12:33 PM
And please explain your answer.

I am not against the sex aspect just to clear it up for some of you. I am againt ANY TYPE OF ROMANTIC FEELINGS of kei X reika as they make n0 seance. they all just forgot about suzuki, That Korono didnt care at all about his clone, and that this chapter ruined all the growth korono has made so far, as well as made the whole manga so much less believable. I no some of you say that lust beats all other emotions, but i will never belive lust is more powerfull then anger that reika made a second kei. ruined that keis life, ignored a dead friend who was suposed to be revived, and EVEN that kei 1 was kool with all this as well.
Not to mention the millions of posters now who just want hentai and could care less about the story
Im sorry gantz has just been ruined.

BOTTOM LINE: MY INTEREST IN THE MANGA HAS DROPPED BELOW MY LEVEL OF TOLLERENCE FOR THE RECENT POSTERS OBSESSED WITH HENTAI

This will be my last post in the gantz forums people.

I loved getting to know you all
and will miss all the intelligent people I met here who really made me think such as Warbandit, georgemarven, GAT, Dramaura, Brizillian gantzer, digitaldude, mcd, kaliayev, tumerking,102jayday, and Amnesiac
you were all truly heros among MH members and have been with me since I started posting here

goodbye friends :)

Brilchan
May 19, 2009, 12:48 PM
I voted pro because it's the whole reason Kei 2 was created :P Raika wanted it for sooo long and she must taste heaven to fall in hell of Kei2's abuse (at lest i help he will tournament her :evil: ) and it will be a nice fan service scene too :D

A_N_G_E_L
May 19, 2009, 02:06 PM
Like I said I have nothing against sex-scenes as long if there is a good reason! If Oku wants fanservice he should bring back the cover-girls!:)
In this case I'm with you, because I also think the whole Reika X Kurono loveydovey is totally useless, I think the whole Kurono-clone number is useless!

I'm also annoyed by the fact that it's always Kurono that has sex, if there is a sex-scene - please Oku - with a different character!

I also don't see a reason to have more Kurono-chapters, that character is finished with development that he became boring. I used to like Kurono but after the Oni-mission he became lame.'___________'

I wanna see more Katou, Nishi and Kaze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cassaruby
May 19, 2009, 03:54 PM
i opened this post and was gonna vote anti, but after reading the chapter it was kinda sweet, so i voted pro. also, the notes at the end of the chapter looked promising. can only guess Reika and Kei1 will die in Katastrophe.

i was against the idea of Reika getting with Kei, but when it actually happened visually, i didn't mind so much.

BrazilianGantzer
May 19, 2009, 04:57 PM
I voted against. All of you are probably sick of hearing me talk about fillers and moving the plot...if you don't know my reasons because you haven't read my posts on the 299 prediction thread and you really wanna know, then go over there to read them.
[hr]

I wanna see more Katou, Nishi and Kaze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Katou's ok, I guess. Nishi I imagine would be thinking too much in killing stuff to chase after girls (except for the fat girl) and a Kaze sex scene would probably be too disturbing. I mean, just look at the photo of him getting changed for the Oni alien mission! Geeze...

GraveOne
May 19, 2009, 05:26 PM
I think it can take the manga quite far by integrating a more adult content but not reaching a graphic novel type of story, concidere it a normal movie were you have, drugs ("gants suit", notice de " ") rock and roll XD and sex.... and of course the best thing aliens and guns.... I just think that if its played out right it could take the manga in a new direction to futher it....

A_N_G_E_L
May 19, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well, Katou's ok, I guess. Nishi I imagine would be thinking too much in killing stuff to chase after girls (except for the fat girl) and a Kaze sex scene would probably be too disturbing. I mean, just look at the photo of him getting changed for the Oni alien mission! Geeze...

I'm not talking about sex in their cases, you have a dirrrty mind!;)
A Katou sex-scene is more than welcome for me (he can't die as a virgin!) and there are lots of Nishi-fangirls who want to see some Nishi-funstuff (maybe with the fat girl)!XD
Honestly I don't think that Nishi is interested in sex right now he has more important things to do and a sex-scene with Kaze :darn:s is very hard to imagine, I think I would laugh!XD

A sexscene right now before the Katastrophe is stupid, the characters have better and more interesting things to do now and I want to see it!
It seems we get to know more about the factory soon.:)

And Kozar, please come back!!!!!!!

GAT-X252
May 19, 2009, 06:24 PM
I voted bad.

But i would really like to see a sex scene between Sakurai and Tonkotsu.

I like their relationship...but i hope Oku don't try to develop it now lol i want to see what Kikuchi is doing in Germany.

BrazilianGantzer
May 19, 2009, 06:29 PM
I voted bad.

But i would really like to see a sex scene between Sakurai and Tonkotsu.

I like their relationship...but i hope Oku don't try to develop it now lol i want to see what Kikuchi is doing in Germany.

Oh right! I had forgotten about them, GAT!
After Inaba died, for a while we all thought that Cherry was gonna die and people kept flaming HIM until Reika rezzed Kei2. Then people just flamed HER for a while! It completely took my mind off Cherry; though we do know that he's not a cherry any more.

102jayday
August 15, 2009, 05:34 AM
i agree with GAT, cherry was no longer a cherry from off screen..booo
idk why but i could not see kato having sex or having a big kiss scene rofl.

when i look at it now i dont see the point of reika and kurono... maybe oku wanted 2 kuronos because of the 2 kishimoto thing and he thought i need some back story to it by having him a place to stay or have someone clone him(reika) in terms of points this is the highest point scoring couple, kurono needed a woman in gantz to understand what happens in gantz, sure he could tell tae but she wouldnt understand as much because she wasnt there.

Kozar common come back, your read 305 chapters and theres not much left to go ^^ its gonna get good too because it will be chaos, the only love scenes we will see now is the scene of losing their loved one in death. thank you for your praise too.

1 kurono is gonna die too and one kurono gf will die as well. i can see the heat on tae and kurono 1, because he is gonna have to be close to her and protect her, the other couple can fight together.

Pro_Gantzer01
August 16, 2009, 01:49 AM
I voted good, even though I dont really care that much, but I have faith that Oku will provide us with cool scenes with Kurono during Catastrophe. Remember that Kurono 2 is still a new character, Im sure Oku brought that 2nd Kurono for good reasons.

Anyway, I dont really want a sex scene between them, I'd rather see Catastrophe. But yeah, I didnt like the way Kurono 1st just did not seem to care at all, and it was just in 1 page I think :s But that shows us that Kurono still hasn't changed that much, even though we thought he did.
@Kozar: Well, I understand how you feel, but its now that Gantz will get really cool so dont miss it :) And please dont leave us :(

Hikawa
September 01, 2009, 12:44 AM
Voted good. Because I'm the guy who was itching for Reika to get banged from the get go and it happened. Sweet. lol sorry but I'm a sucker for Reika.

But it did hurt Kurono as a character I mean it was so out of place for Kurono and didn't exactly fit the criteria for the kurono we all know and love.

Mushashi
December 12, 2009, 06:25 PM
Sex is good i like sex, sex ftw.

Damura
December 14, 2009, 07:30 AM
Anti. I didn't think that it was very well written into the story.

~FrienD~
December 14, 2009, 08:06 AM
its oku's editor's influence.
Remember the editor saying that tae should be cuter which oku ignored.. maybe this time the editor suggested more sex scenes and Oku just went with the flow.

Katastrophe
December 15, 2009, 12:42 PM
I voted against. All of you are probably sick of hearing me talk about fillers and moving the plot...if you don't know my reasons because you haven't read my posts on the 299 prediction
Anti.Same reasons.

This thread is a bit old...

mugen
December 15, 2009, 01:12 PM
the sex scene is what makes gantz well you know Gantz!

Mr.Aaron
December 15, 2009, 10:42 PM
If you really want sex scenes over plot progression, I suggest you turn to hentai.
I don't understand why you would prefer for sex to get in the way of plot progression when there is already comics based entirely on sex out there. But then again, I prefer to see an interesting story as opposed to several panels of drawn sex.

Mushashi
December 16, 2009, 06:36 PM
pfft how would you know. maybe oku is just hetrosexuel

x.iso
December 16, 2009, 06:41 PM
oh, wow. seriously, what makes no sense for me is first post.

I am againt ANY TYPE OF ROMANTIC FEELINGS of kei X reika as they make n0 seance
ruined that keis life
what kind of "romantic feelings"? ruined life? it actually was ruined the moment kurono knew that world is most likely going to it's end. both characters obviously nervous about the whole situation and when you know that world is gonna end or something like that there is no point to argue about clones or whatever, you basically would want to get rid of stress, to prepare for something big.
to my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with plot. it's actually got more exciting.

Drmke
December 16, 2009, 07:39 PM
I voted against the sex scene at least for the moment. Personally, I have nothing against sex scenes, but the plot has been slowed enough for now and I wanna see some real movement. If after all this is over, they are still alive and wanna have sex, all power to them.

Mushashi
December 17, 2009, 07:23 AM
i hope its graphical

Damura
December 17, 2009, 09:36 AM
Hey Mushashi it kind of already happened... already. Kind of. There was penetration. They didn't use a condom, either. With any luck Reika will become pregnant and then we can start a pro or anti-pregnant-sex scene poll. Hey does anyone here have a fetish for that? Just wondering.

BrazilianGantzer
December 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
@Damura: Was there penetration? As far as I can remember Kei2 sort of "attacked" Reika in a rage, she said it was okay. He then simply got up and went back to his couch. I assume that was because not having sex with her would be worse for her.

Maybe I'm just missing something; maybe I didn't see a frame or something. :blink

warbandit66
December 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
There where more important things occurring in the manga at the time, I have nothing at all against sex being portrayed in anything but it didn't develop the plot in any way. Besides I really don't like Reika and would rather she had as little panel time as possible.

Mr.Aaron
December 17, 2009, 04:39 PM
Same here. Let's see more interesting things happen.

Besides, does anyone else like Katou besides me?
He's more interesting at this point.

mcd693
December 17, 2009, 11:07 PM
im thinking that the sex scene was important to deepen their relationship. The bond between reika and kei2 is stronger in my opinion that tae and kei1 because of all the experiences they have been through with each other. They both have intimate feelings for each other and "THE" sex scene as so dubbed which I don't agree with btw reinforces those feelings. Whether or not there was penetration that was not a sex scene is what I say. An angry kurono tossing his new bitch around? naw. so not what I think kei and reika could, should, would have. lol (Listen to me I sound like a hopeless romantic)

--> Bottom line is that whatever "scene" you want to call reika and kei2's naked mild intimacy, the purpose behind it is more important than the actual sex itself. Mind you I wouldn't mind seeing some double ds smack around.

Mushashi
December 18, 2009, 02:24 AM
Hey Mushashi it kind of already happened... already. Kind of. There was penetration. They didn't use a condom, either. With any luck Reika will become pregnant and then we can start a pro or anti-pregnant-sex scene poll. Hey does anyone here have a fetish for that? Just wondering.

oh it kinda did i just went back and read it tehehehehhehehehehehee

BrazilianGantzer
December 18, 2009, 04:48 AM
oh it kinda did i just went back and read it tehehehehhehehehehehee

That's right! I also re-read it. I had forgotten about those few frames. I guess that shows how unimportant and forgetful that scene was for me! :facepalm

Cio Koba
December 18, 2009, 07:08 AM
I kind of remember what happened in Reikas aparment, and i think that is about all the ''sex'' that we will have in the story for now on, as if they will have time to fuck with hundreds maybe thousands of aliens trying to kill them. Also i dont think Kei2 will fall or is falling in love with reika, he might get a bonner every now and then when he looks at her tits but thats all, he will just stick with her because he knows he doesnt belong there and has nowhere else to go.

Although i must say i voted ''yes'' i think its to late for this type of distraction, sex scenes were good when they happened and i even think there should had been more, but now its not the time.

Mushashi
December 23, 2009, 08:34 PM
idk. sex is kinda funny in gantz. i love the osaka arc where you get that dude who just fucks random alieans in the middle of a mission i found that hilarious.

staytough
December 29, 2009, 09:11 PM
WOW... cry me a river!

Didn't hate it, didn't love it... it was just part of the plot. (btw I prefer Kurono#2 over the pathetic guy #1 is)

IMO It was totaly in character for Kurono, we shouldn't forget that this is still the same guy who not to long ago begged a stranger (Tomb Raider chick) for sex, the same guy who always thought about sex with Kei.
Yes he had moved into a different way but after you take the most important thing away from him, the person he changed for, his moves become understandable.
He lost his girlfriend, his life, his identit and most probably was in shock and one person (Reika) offered him warmth in this moment.
If you ever lost the girl you thought was your soul mate you would understand that him having sex with Reika has nothing to do with logic.
And no matter how much someone changes, the core is still the same.

And him not caring was explained pretty good in the chapter with his line: "I really can... be like that sometimes..."
I mean, this is the same guy who shrugged of a photo of a gantz factory he got. He always was this care-free simpleton.

But you know what? If you judge a manga just because of one scene, one chapter, then you may not really like the whole manga...

btw. where is the I didn't really care about the scene choice?