PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 50 (ch482-491) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

destinator
December 07, 2007, 03:44 PM
The newest chapter just came out so grab your weekly fix HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=639448#post639448).

Enjoyed this weeks chapter? Feeling a urge need to tell us how it will go on? Here is you chance, predict what will happen next week.

Yami_Yami_No_Mi_89
December 07, 2007, 09:16 PM
I think there will be a short fight, I think moria can't stay much time with those shadows inside of him... or maybe he became weaker than before... or Luffy shows a new though tecnique... I bet on a short fight... also because the sun rised...

kestrel_78
December 07, 2007, 11:46 PM
I think it will take 2 or 3 chapters. Moria may not have the same 10 min time limit as everyone else for the same reason that he can hold more shadows than everyone else, because it's his ability. But if he does have that 10 min time limit, then Oda will probably use the entire 10 min with Luffy and the others slowly burning. I am eager to see what Luffy is about to do when he goes "wild".

Absolutio
December 08, 2007, 09:15 AM
I'm really looking forward to this battle now..
Luffy seems to be going to use "Gear 2" from his stance, but it also might be a new technique.. :o Thought my guess is that it's "only" gear 2.
My guess is that this fight will end with moria losing concious by the strain of the 1000 shadows, thus all the shadows just escape from him to their true owners..

MrStrawHat
December 08, 2007, 09:19 AM
um.... I think if SH's hide long enough, all the shadows will be back and Moria will be down..... but it's not SH we know if they do that! So I rrly believe Luffy will show us a new technique or use gear 2.(As Absulutio said.)

Absolutio
December 08, 2007, 09:21 AM
Or maybe he'll combine gear 2+3.. That's way he'll both have the huge boost in speed+huge huge huge boost in destructive power, which is really needed to take down this mountain-size moria.

MrStrawHat
December 08, 2007, 09:24 AM
Oh!! that will be cool! would that be gear 5? or gear 4? (2 + 3 = 5)

Akainu
December 08, 2007, 09:55 AM
that would minimum be gear 6 (2x3) if not 8 (2³) or 9 (3², depends on the way he combines it);

no honestly, overusing is one thing, overpowering is even worse.
I think they will concentrate on not getting in luffys way as long as he goes wild, helping him here and there against Moria who totally lost his mind and is about to destroy his own "ship".
and about the length of the fight 2-3 chapters should do. would be enough to show all of the SH + Brook on the covers and still should be finished this year (dunno whether thats a criteria for mangaka at all ^^)

Noitora518
December 08, 2007, 10:50 AM
i think the next chapter or the next next chapter is the end of the thriller bark arc, and will probably get back to the Shanks vs. White beard.

Organizized
December 08, 2007, 11:51 AM
It looks like he's gonna use gear 2 indeed, and I hope it won't be more than that. Combining 2 and 3 right after the nightmare form AND gear 3 doesn't sound too realistic to me. And although a new technique would be cool in a way (as long as it's not extremely overpowerful), I don't think he'd have come up with one so soon.

Although it will be a short fight, it won't be one sided. Even if Luffy "goes wild", Moria will have the advantage in his giant-mountain form until Luffy is able to find some sort of trick or weakness to beat Moria. This will proabably be divided in two chapters though, one where Moria has the advantage and the other where Luffy kicks his ass.

gdupninja
December 08, 2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah maybe. But in the end the marines better git ready to raise his bounty some more cause Moria is gonna go down. Maybe not in the next chapter but in the chapter after that. I cant wait.

Impel Down
December 08, 2007, 02:08 PM
Combining Gear 2nd and 3rd is not only dumb, but it'll never happen. It'd make Luffy way too strong, and Oda seems to have made the Gears, clearly, to have different strengths and weaknesses.

I suppose next we'll just see the fight between Luffy and N-Moria begin, and maybe towards the end we'll see a slight advantage for one of them, or Luffy figuring out a trick, or maybe even Kuma...

mars0103
December 08, 2007, 06:36 PM
right this should be finishing in 2 chapters hopefully 1 due to yhe sun rise lets hope

Imitorar
December 08, 2007, 11:06 PM
Anyway, I'm STILL betting on Thriller Bark ending soon. I'm giving this fight 2-3 chapters, maybe 4 if Oda thinks of something interesting enough to make it worth that, which is highly probable. Because the sun is still rising, and if the fight doesn't end soon, the sun will come up, and half the Straw Hats will die, which won't actually happen, so the fight will have to finish up quickly. And since Moria has conveniently put ALL the shadows into one place, then if Luffy beats him, he'll lose control of the shadows and they'll all be released into their proper owners. I'm betting this is how they all get their shadows back in the end. And also, Brook's salt is still there. I'm pretty sure that Oda left in in a pile on the ground instead of just throwing it into the ocean or something for a reason. I'm guessing that Luffy will throw that salt into Moria's mouth after about 2 chapters of fighting, the shadows will all go back to their proper owners, and then there will be about 3 chapters left for Kuma to tell Luffy about Ace, settle whether Brook joins or not, and settle the fate of the Forest Pirates. And after that, onwards to Fishman Island! I'm betting they leave Thriller Bark by chapter 487, basically. Either way, I'm sure Thriller Bark will end in volume 50.

Absolutio
December 09, 2007, 03:45 AM
yea.. my guess too: 2-3 chapters for this fight, then 3-4 chapters to finish this arc (they have to talk with Kuma, say goodbye to all those people whos shadow was taken, talk with brook and set sail with sunny..).
so it's 5-7 chapters till TB arc ends in my opinion..

Wale
December 09, 2007, 12:18 PM
Back in Enies Lobby Lucci said, that Gear 2 and 3 are going to wrack Luffy's body not? If Luffy uses this 2 power so oft.. i dunno.. Luffy will get into big trouble.

Imitorar
December 09, 2007, 02:14 PM
He said after he fought Blueno that "his body wasn't used to it yet", which implies that eventually, he will be able to use Gear 2nd without suffering as much loss of his lifespan, although there will always be some damage to his body. Gear 3rd isn't really that damaging, aside from Luffy needing to bite into his thumb joint. Other then that, once he gets out of chibi form, he's fine. It's Gear 2nd that has the permanent drawbacks, which is why it's a GOOD thing that Luffy's using it now. The more he uses it, the faster his body will get used to it, and the less life-shortening damage it will cause his body.

Impel Down
December 09, 2007, 02:50 PM
He said after he fought Blueno that "his body wasn't used to it yet", which implies that eventually, he will be able to use Gear 2nd without suffering as much loss of his lifespan, although there will always be some damage to his body. Gear 3rd isn't really that damaging, aside from Luffy needing to bite into his thumb joint. Other then that, once he gets out of chibi form, he's fine. It's Gear 2nd that has the permanent drawbacks, which is why it's a GOOD thing that Luffy's using it now. The more he uses it, the faster his body will get used to it, and the less life-shortening damage it will cause his body.

The idea that the more he uses it, the less it will damage his body doesn't make a lot of sense. It causes stress on his heart, and that's the whole point of the move. Doing it more will only put more stress on it, especially if he uses it close to other times he uses it, like in rapid succession.

As to Gear 3rd, it doesn't seem like it really does anything lasting, no.

Imitorar
December 09, 2007, 02:55 PM
But eventually, his heart will get used to having that much stress on it, and it won't wear out his heart as quickly in future uses. It's just like how muscles get stronger by putting stress on them. They get used to the stress. It's the same thing here. There's no reason why Luffy's heart SHOULDN'T eventually get a bit used to the stress of Gear 2nd.

kestrel_78
December 09, 2007, 06:45 PM
agreed, I'm thinking its posible that since Moria is having troble controling himself, that his lack of control will end up being a weakness that the strawhats will use against him. I wonder what the crew is supposed to take care of while luffy goes wild? What do you think?

triniman121
December 09, 2007, 08:24 PM
the clue was a "bit" wild xD anyways i guess they will be out of the way watching the fight or helping the other zombies avoid the sun

ultrazai
December 10, 2007, 12:11 AM
I guess nami will cover the sun with some clouds :)

After the last chapter i cant help but i think that perhaps moria will join the SH-crew ....
Because of his words that he lost his whole crew etc.
my praediction is an intense fight then a moria flashback and finnally moria releasing the shadows willingly and asking luffy to show him the new world.

I am well aware that this prediction is a bit far fetched but like i said i cant help the feeling -.-

Wale
December 10, 2007, 09:03 AM
Moria as a SH?? That would be crazy.. =DD but.. i like the idea.. i dounno why.. but i like it =D

Impel Down
December 10, 2007, 09:11 AM
Moria as a Shichibukai is just silly. He's clearly evil, willing to hurt others for his own gain, he's lazy, and he'd be too big anyway.

Talking about how he lost his crew, all that did was fill him with hatred for Kaidou, so he's willing to do anything to kill him. The rest of the crew aren't like that, even Zoro doesn't hate Mihawk with passion.

ANBU4U
December 10, 2007, 09:53 AM
Moria as a Shichibukai is just silly. He's clearly evil, willing to hurt others for his own gain, he's lazy, and he'd be too big anyway.

Talking about how he lost his crew, all that did was fill him with hatred for Kaidou, so he's willing to do anything to kill him. The rest of the crew aren't like that, even Zoro doesn't hate Mihawk with passion.

To be fair, if someone in the New World killed all of Luffy's crew I'm not sure he'd react much better.

ultrazai
December 10, 2007, 10:19 AM
like i said i really cant imagine mooria joining but i kinda feel so^^
anyways i never thought robin would join after the alabasta arc and oda-san is pretty unpredictable -.-

but about the sun thing i am pretty sure nami will handle it with a big cloud giving shadow 4 everyone XD

Imitorar
December 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
Robin joining was a surprise, but she wasn't a complete bitch before. She was actually portrayed as a nice person forced to work for an evil megalomaniac for reasons of her own. Moria, however, is being portrayed as nothing but a prick. He's not Straw Hat material. Luffy doesn't take people into his crew out of pity, he does it because they'd make good crew-mates and have cool skills he wants to help them all fulfill their dreams. Moria succeeds plenty for the second part, that of having cool skills, but he fails MISERABLY at "would make a good crew-mate", which is the more important criterion.

And I don't think Nami CAN make a cloud big enough to cover all of Thriller Bark, which is what she'd need to do. This fight will come down to Luffy beating Moria in about 5 minutes, which is one advantage of him using Gear 2nd for this fight. It raises his speed, making him fast enough to defeat Moria before sunrise.

pcxxy
December 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
moria as a shichibukai is ok because he does catch pirates, which is what the WG aims to do anyways. besides, the WG isn't that righteous afterall if you think about it, so really the shichi's (most? or just some?) and the WG are a corrupted bunch... considering the fact that the shichi's were formerly pirates...

luffy's gear 2: i think Oda just introduces the fact that it hurts Luffy's body just to make sure Luffy uses it only sparingly, and not overkill everything everytime rightaway.

as for predictions, i think moria will get his arse kicked... but Luffy will probably take some beatings first.... then he'll use something like... gear 2 (which his crew hasn't quite witnessed yet)... and maybe in combination with gear 3?... or maybe oda has already thought of some new moves numbered gear # (# = some larger number)?

we shall see ;) ... and yay for my 400th post.

leva
December 10, 2007, 01:45 PM
I think there is no way that luffy is using just gear second. I have watched the newest episode of the anime (episode 334 raw) and wtf he is using gear 2 for such a piece of shit….there cant be a way that moria is on the same level with a piece of shit. ^^
I hope he will come up witch some bigger than just gear second.
Op 334 raw: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1612685rK54NSDK?searchId=3298410885053690894&rank=0

Imitorar
December 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
Discussion of the One Piece anime should be kept in the Theater & Arcade (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275). And anyway, the Ice Hunter arc is filler, therefore, Luffy using Gear 2nd against Don Acchino means nothing except that the writing staff wasn't in a particularly creative mood when they wrote the script for this episode.

ultrazai
December 10, 2007, 04:23 PM
@ imitorar

i dont mean a cloud spending shadow to the whole island/ship just a cloud for the fighting place. when they arrived at enies lobby the cloud she did would be big enough to give the shadowless strawheads (and Lola XD) a place to stand and luffy has a place to recover from the burn because i think it will getting hotter when the sun really raises.

Nibelhm
December 10, 2007, 04:36 PM
I dont think the gears can mix because if 2nd gear is up while third gear is up, the arteries and stuff would all burst and his blood would dry up. also, if third gear ends while 2nd gear was still up, luffy would die.

I really would like for moria to join the sh crew, but it probably wouldn't happen. what position would he fill?

the last chapter actually made me think that moria wasn't that bad a personl. maybe moria, after losing will say something like he was testing luffys power and that luffy should protect his crew in the new world. then kuma will kidnap moria or something random saying that moria betrayed the wg.

i dont think moria's a bad person cause of the last chapter. if oda really wanted to make moria evil, the thing about his crew dying wouldn't have even been mentioned.

maybe similar to the anime right now, moria is like puzzle.

Imitorar
December 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
Moria is an even bigger prick for what happened to him. Instead of being impressed by the value of a living, irreplaceable nakama, he just decided "well, they're too valuable to bear their loss, therefore, I'll just steal people's souls so I don't have to put up with that sort of pain, and can still fulfill my goals. Yeah, that's not a "good person" sort of thing to do. Even if he lost something, instead of impressing upon him the value of a dependable crew and a living friend, he just became twisted, and instead chose to rely on shoddy, reanimated, stolen crew-mates, or more accurately, underlings. Moria's experience only strengthened his "You do it" philosophy, because it made him think that a real crew is too costly anyway, and it's better to just have a bunch of unreliable zombie goons, anything to avoid having to work himself and have goons to foist his work on.

Wale
December 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
According to me are all filler episodes shit. The only one that i liked a bit was the arc with the dragons.. and maybe the Rainbow Mist. They are not made so well because they are not made by Oda.

Please, watch your language.

bootiesama
December 11, 2007, 05:47 AM
filler's are always not as good as the manga, but oda often helps write some of the filler plot lines ...
predictions: its definitely gonna be multiple chapters but I dont think as long as the fight with Lucci. Gear 2 isnt gonna be enough to be Moria either, it's a Shichibukai that just absorbed 1000 shadows, and we all saw how crazy Luffy was with just 100. Thats why Luffy is gonna go "wild" and asked the others to look after the rest. Something crazy berserk (even to the point of Luffy losing scope of what he's doing, kinda like Guts in the black suit for Berserk fans), definitely a new gear, or new variation or whatever, definitely taxing to his body. I think the sun will come up, but everyone will try to stay in Moria's shadow. Then your basic fight sequence, opponents find weaknesses, power ups, advantages keep shifting. I think the crew with kinda stay back, but there could be intervention from outside sources (Kuma?) for either side....

Luckas
December 11, 2007, 06:28 AM
No more talk about the anime here.
And guys, please remember to stay on topic, don't forget that rules can also be strictly enforced.

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 06:37 AM
Yea.. Moria IS evil... He made a "crew" on account of other people, making them suffer/die, so him joining the crew is definitly not going to happen.
About Nami forming huge clouds.. I like this idea.. But I think that she will only be able to make clouds big enough to cover only the fighting area, protecting the StrawHats from burning.

Organizized
December 11, 2007, 09:20 AM
The thing about Kuma fighting by Moria's side which is brought up in every predictions thread, I find it very unlikely. He is said to be the only Shichibukai bedient of the WG, and his mission was to infrom Moria about the new Schichi, nothing more. That, and I think it would be too much dragging out the arc if they fought Kuma as well. Kuma will probably have to wait for a while before he gets his ass kicked : D

ANBU4U
December 11, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evil may be a bit harsh considering...

I mean all of his Nakama died in the New World... and he kinda snapped. So he decided to keep that from happening again by raising the dead as imortals to fight for him, then he'd never lose them (or even have nakama to lose) again. I wouldn't be shocked if some of his head zombies were the reanimated bodies of his old nakama.

Honestly, if they were capable I think u'd be surprised how many normal people would snap and do something similar if someone important to them died...lord knows theres enough folk tales about it. The Monkey's Paw anyone?

Anyway, my point is EVIL seems a bit unsympathetic at this point, while I don't think by any means he'll join the crew...I don't think he's beyond seeing the error of his ways.

Impel Down
December 11, 2007, 01:35 PM
Moria's clearly evil. He was already a destructive pirate when he had his crew, and was just greed-obsessed about becoming the Pirate King, not to mention his lazyness made his crew just work for him.

Without a crew, he'd have no one to work for him, which is why he got the zombies, even at the clear expense of hundreds of others.

ANBU4U
December 11, 2007, 01:43 PM
Moria's clearly evil. He was already a destructive pirate when he had his crew, and was just greed-obsessed about becoming the Pirate King, not to mention his lazyness made his crew just work for him.

Without a crew, he'd have no one to work for him, which is why he got the zombies, even at the clear expense of hundreds of others.

You don't know that.

The only pirate we KNOW was a absolute tyrant before working for the WG is Kuma. For all we know GM was a lot like Luffy b4 his crew was killed.

We don't even know if that "you do it" philosophy of his was created b4 or after his defeat.

And even if that WAS always his philosophy he's not evil because of it...

$$Edit$$

I'm done, I'm done.

Luckas
December 11, 2007, 01:47 PM
If you want to continue to talk about Moria, please do it in his thread in the Tree of Knowledge.

mr.danly
December 11, 2007, 06:12 PM
Or maybe he'll combine gear 2+3.. That's way he'll both have the huge boost in speed+huge huge huge boost in destructive power, which is really needed to take down this mountain-size moria.

the only problem is that gear 2's advantage is speed. Weakness: loss of energy after a short time. gear 3's advantage is power, weakness: los of of speed and chibi form. so pretty much gear 3 would cancel out gear 2's s[peed boost and therefore luffy would be the same speed as usual, which we saw moria pwn him with the shadow.

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 06:55 PM
I doubt that they'll cancel each other.. Maybe he will be a lil slower than clean gear 2, but he'll still have a huge boost in speed.

Imitorar
December 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
I doubt that they'll cancel each other.. Maybe he will be a lil slower than clean gear 2, but he'll still have a huge boost in speed.

Did you ever read "Ender's Game"? If so, did you ever read the sequels? The Bean-centric sequels? Do you remember the problem with Anton's Key? In case you haven't read the series or don't remember, I'll explain. A side effect of using Anton's Key on somebody's genome is that they grow extremely large, to a height of about 8 or more feet. The problem is, after a person gets to 8 feet tall, just walking puts too much strain on their heart, and they die of a heart attack, which is why anyone with Anton's Key dies at around 20-25, they grow too big for their heart to stand the strain. If Luffy were to put extra strain on his heart by using Gear 2nd while using Gear 3rd, he would take even more time off his life-span, and might even have a heart attack in the middle of the fight. And having a heart attack in the middle of a fight can be rather awkward. I know, Luffy's hand is only full of air, so it's not like it weighs much, but it's still very unwieldy, and air resistance on a balloon that big would make it almost impossible to move it, making it more strain on Luffy's heart. Basically, Gear 2nd+Gear3rd=Cardiovascular nightmare.

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 07:21 PM
about Ender's game: yes.. :p I even bought it for my gf last month for her to read. Excelent book (though I didn't read all of the sequals yet.. :s )

about gear 2+3.. You may be right.. Only time will tell.. :p Can't wait till friday!

cacwoody
December 12, 2007, 03:58 PM
I dont quite understand how you guys can doubt gear 2+3. I mean technically, gear 2 would kill a person within itself. BUT LUFFY IS RUBBER!!!!!! almost everything he does would kill a normal human being BUT hes not normal is he???

Absolutio
December 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well.. Even a rubber boddy has its limit.. That's why we're argueing wether or not gear 2+3 will break those limits or not (though the limits are quite flexible.. Rubber limits after all :p ).

cacwoody
December 12, 2007, 05:18 PM
i suppose that it is true that rubber has its limits but you cant assume and state things as facts or even apply them to real life when it comes to a rubber man. so using examples such as cardiac arrest (<---sp) isn't possible because we could never truly know if that limit applies to luffy. basically what im saying is that you cant use real life examples/weaknesses/medical problems when it comes to manga, (or atleast when it comes to predicting) because chopper and all his bla bla-doctor-ish-stuff-lingo-things is capable of being applied to reality. yeah i guess thats what im saying...i think?

ttxdragon
December 14, 2007, 05:37 PM
New Chapter out!!

Grab it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=649210#post649210)

Have fun predicting~

kestrel_78
December 14, 2007, 07:44 PM
Has anyone ever predicted what Oda would write and been correct... ever? Does he surf the net and read fan predictions just to make sure he supprises everyone? I give up! No more predictions from me! I don't know what that man is giong to write, and I guess it better that way!

pcxxy
December 14, 2007, 10:16 PM
nice chapter!

the fact that moria was "weak" was somewhat disappointing... i'm looking forward to the aftermaths!!! ;p

Freakzin
December 14, 2007, 10:51 PM
i didn't quite get luffy's attack, he was like this giant ball, and how did he jump for it, how does it dmg more than a punch, i really didn't get it

MrStrawHat
December 15, 2007, 12:07 AM
wow, Me and absolutio was RIGHT! there IS gear 2 + 3!!

belo
December 15, 2007, 12:28 AM
yep, don't quite get it mysef, gear 2+3 and then a jet shell. maybe the shell is how big and round he is , and true how did he just jump forward . The whole crew were just watching and waiting for the shadows to come back, i mean with zoro around - he could do some bad moves too .
can't wait to see the new world and all that

guegoblok
December 15, 2007, 01:46 AM
Just to say, that this is totally Luffy's move! Check out OP 382 Page 14-15.

Luffy blown up his body, but hit his head against Moria ...

I gotta say one piece (Luffy in most part) crack me up.

Don Lazy
December 15, 2007, 08:03 AM
yeah it was a good chapter, moria wasn't so weak that anyone except luffy could deafed him. But i would rather see Giant Jet Pistol than Giant Shell, that was a little dissapointing

Koen
December 15, 2007, 08:33 AM
I think this chapter was great. Moria didn't got a chance against luffy in gear 2 + 3. This makes me think that the gear power is something fearsome in the future for our mugiwara opponents. It ended really great: the bodies vanishing, moria who couldn't lock up his shadows and then the rising sun with the huge question (though we can assume they got them back)

Koen
December 15, 2007, 08:38 AM
My prediction: they got their shadows back but I don't think moria is finished yet.

Dice
December 15, 2007, 11:45 AM
Great how Luffy was able to defeat Moria (or rather how Oda wrote it XD). Although Moria had the potential power of 1000 beings he lost only because he was already in a weak state (Luffy too^^). But I think that Oz with Moria inside would be more dangerous than a Moria with the power of 1000 people. Yeah I know Luffy beat Oz by only using 100 of shadows. But Moria was already quite beaten and every hit made him lose more shadows so it was like Zoro stated a final insane move to by time. Nothing more.
Basically the shadow asgard (was that the name?) is quite similar to gear 2+3. He got stronger and bigger, probably faster too and it's hard for the user to use it^^. So this fight was only about who got the first hit (which causes real damage) and too bad for Moria that he used his last resort already and that his opponent was made of rubber XD.
What I don't get is that Moria was already unconcious but didn't release a single shadow. Does this mean there is either a difference between being unconcious and the other state or does it mean he's dead? Or did he just accept defeat and released the shadows (what I don't believe because he could have hold them a few seconds and would have won the fight)? Or were the shadows strong enough to escape him due to the people crying for them?

PirateMusician
December 15, 2007, 12:14 PM
Did you ever read "Ender's Game"? If so, did you ever read the sequels? The Bean-centric sequels? Do you remember the problem with Anton's Key? (snip Anton's Key description) I know, Luffy's hand is only full of air, so it's not like it weighs much, but it's still very unwieldy, and air resistance on a balloon that big would make it almost impossible to move it, making it more strain on Luffy's heart. Basically, Gear 2nd+Gear3rd=Cardiovascular nightmare.

excellent call! (and I just finished re-reading Ender's Game and Shadow too :amuse )

But it's even worse than you think -- it's pretty clear I think that luffy's mass does increase when he uses gear 3. Think physics -- a projectile's energy increases if it's going faster (gear 2) or if it's heavier (gear 3). So how does he get heavier with just air? The air pressure inside his bones in gear 3 must be huge. We're talking thousands of psi (pounds-per-square-inch -- one atmosphere is about 14psi).

So the already-huge gear 2 blood pressure must get even higher to force blood through his inflated body. And also... I think this is the first time we've seen Luffy use gear 3 on his core body instead of appendages. That's gotta make it even worse.

So Chopper really better tell Luffy to watch out! I mean, Goku had a heart attack during a fight (and died of it in one DBZ timeline), so I don't think we can assume Luffy is immune!

ANBU4U
December 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
My prediction: they got their shadows back but I don't think moria is finished yet.

Well, he's done fighting. But you're right, he was definitely conscious while spewing out those final shadows. My bet is he's immobilized from exhaustion next chapter...and just has some final parting words for Luffy.

Wale
December 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
Moria is finished but.. i think somebody will going to die from the SH crew.

jaypooner
December 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
Moria is finished but.. i think somebody will going to die from the SH crew.

luffy's mantra has always been to protect his nakama, so if that happens, maybe he'll find ways to power himself up or something. but i really doubt it.

Inkovic
December 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
luffy's mantra has always been to protect his nakama, so if that happens, maybe he'll find ways to power himself up or something. but i really doubt it.

In all honesty, how often does ANYONE die in One Piece? Other than Flashbacks and possibly Ace hardly anyone

Noitora518
December 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
i hope the strawhats bounty rises alot higher!!

Imitorar
December 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
^The funny thing is, I was gonna use Goku's heart attack as an example of why having a heart attack in the middle of a fight sucks. Anyway, for those who don't understand why Gum Gum Jet Shell worked, Luffy put the air in his ribcage. Then he jumped into Moria. With Soru, since he was in Gear 2nd. For those saying Moria was "weak", do you think a weak person could stand that?

Also, the use of Gum Gum Jet Shell means that Luffy will start to develop attacks that can ONLY be used in Gear. This means that he's starting to think and fight on the advanced levels of fighting that Gear lets him access. I doubt he'll use both at once again though. He only did it this time because he needed the strength to match Nightmare Moria, and the speed to do it before sunrise. Unless there's another fight that must be finished quickly, or it's one of the final battles of the series, Gear 2nd+3rd probably won't make another appearance. One was awesome enough, though.

Oh, and about the use of Gear2nd+3rd, Oda DID once say in an interview with Toriyama Akira that the "creativity and originality that his fans loved so much" was a combination of his own creativity and giving the fans what they want. I'm pretty sure this was an instance of "what they want". But Oda manages to make it work plenty fine. He certainly didn't disappoint me in this case, but that was only because of the use of Gum Gum Jet Shell, which I see as a further development of the advantages Luffy is given in Gear.

Imitorar
December 15, 2007, 07:03 PM
The Straw Hats won't die. One Piece is about fulfilling your dreams with your nakama. Not dying in the attempt. It's about risking your life for your dream, not giving it. I'm not sure HOW Oda's gonna manage this, but Zoro, Sanji, and Robin are fine. The Forest Pirates too.

Finale
December 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
I agree with what was said earlier that Moria will say some last words to Luffy. Kuma will appear inform Luffy about Ace and teleport himself and Moria elsewhere. Luffy may decide to try to get Ace back if he is alive. I also predict the we will see the owner of the shadow that was inside Cindry and it'll turn out to be a Fishmaid whom the Strawhats will take to Merman Island since they are headed there anyways.

Wale
December 15, 2007, 11:06 PM
The Straw Hats won't die. One Piece is about fulfilling your dreams with your nakama. Not dying in the attempt. It's about risking your life for your dream, not giving it.
Yeah but.. Zoro lost a piece of his head already! :D How can he hold three Swords, when he has no mouth? :D :D

Imitorar
December 15, 2007, 11:15 PM
That's my point: They did NOT lose those body parts, despite catching fire. Oda will pull something. I have NO idea what at the moment, but I assure you, the Straw Hats and the Rolling Pirates are fine, and Zoro will be able to hold his sword in his mouth just fine.

Wale
December 16, 2007, 03:31 AM
Well i hope youre right. Few days and we know some more abaut that, what will happen to them. :)

MrStrawHat
December 16, 2007, 09:43 AM
I think from this chapter that we can all agree Luffy got smarter then he was in 1st Volume. If we gave Luffy this Uber Power in 1st volume,(which wiuld have NEVER happened) then he wouldn't know how to control it. I think some of Tony Tony-San and Ussop-San is rubbing off on Luffy.
Also, GM is Certainly NOT weak. This chapter along proves that. Could a weak person destroy a ship bear handed? Also, I think Oda Sensai did a great job on making latest Chapters.

Mrai
December 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
Just one word to describe this chapter: Wow.

It was incredible how Luffy combined the two gears. The super speed of Gear 2 plus the giant body of Gear 3. It was like a giant bullet shot at the enemy. Though it's pretty obvious that they got their shadows in time. Just one thing i hated in this chapter: again Luffy is getting waaay stronger than the other characters.

Hope that next chapter Kuma appears and tells us what happened with Ace.

Imitorar
December 16, 2007, 11:45 AM
That's not gonna change. Part of the theme of this arc was that, unlike Moria, the Straw Hats fight as one, and it is together that they beat the most powerful of enemies. However... another theme was that sometimes, they're going to need to trust Luffy to beat the bad guy on his own. Because he's rubber. He can and does take the hits for his crew, because he can withstand them and let them bounce off. He NEEDS to be stronger then all of them, because he has to be the one to protect all of them. The buck stops at Luffy. It's his responsibility to be able to protect the rest of the crew in any situation, so he's needs to be stronger then them. He's on a different level then them now. Even Zoro and Sanji don't even come that close to Luffy any more...

adel123456789
December 16, 2007, 12:29 PM
i dont think he was defeated its too easy

Please make your posts more substantial, or they will be considered spam.

Akainu
December 16, 2007, 12:36 PM
... and yet without them (the whole lot of his crew) luffy would be almost nothing. rubber of course, but still nothing. or would he? i mean - do you think he could have gone all the way as naive as he seems to be?

Imitorar
December 16, 2007, 12:45 PM
No. I didn't say he's a one man crew. I just said that ultimately, his role in the crew is "Guardian". Nami's the navigator, Sanji's the chef, Franky's the shipwright, Luffy's the guardian. And that job requires him to be stronger then the rest of the crew, just like Franky's job requires him to be better at building things then the rest of the crew.

Crude
December 16, 2007, 04:52 PM
This chapter made me realize how much I want to see this arc animated.

Wale
December 16, 2007, 06:56 PM
t's his responsibility to be able to protect the rest of the crew in any situation

Yeah youre right, Luffy himself said this as he fought Blueno. :)

Dice
December 16, 2007, 08:17 PM
Moria wasn't weak. But if you think about the strenght of Oz which was gigantic but nothing compared to the strenght of nightmare-Luffy who had only 100 shadows you would think that Moria who had 10 times more shadows would just beat everybody in a few seconds. Of course he was really strong but the single fact that he was already in a weak state before absorbing all the shadows took most of the potential power. He had difficulties to handle all the shadows because of that. It was just his last resort. I don't think he was weak he just couldn't use all of the potential power.

kazamakj
December 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
Lol i don't know how much that new combination gear 2 and 3 did to luffy though. Must have seriously turned his insides out. Feels like Luffy isn't going to have a long career at all. A shiny bright comet that will burn out once it drifts pass.

I am thinking their bodies do not disappear until every part of their body is gone. So if the shadows manage to hit them just in time their bodies will reform. (I hope)

Its highly unlikely anyone will die. Moria is really out of it all his move to absorb all the shadows was as Zoro said just stalling for time. Even the master of shadows can't control shadows when their inside him. Floating around after he's cut them yes but absorbing them and having the willpower to control them no. 100 I say yeah he could do it easier but 1K when he was already injured and tired was too much.

kestrel_78
December 17, 2007, 12:15 AM
Then Moria would have been better off absorbing 100 shadows then 1,000. But then the Strawhats couldn't have won before the sun came out and that would have made this arc drag on and on. I predict that the strawhats and the forest pirates are fine. I also predict that Ace is alive and captured. I am almost totally convinced that Brook will join the crew. I hope that Ace is in that prision that the strawhats said that no one can be rescued from and that Luffy and the crew decide to rescue him anyway. It would be really cool (though it probably won't happen) if Luffy's and Ace's dad (Dragon) got involved and did real damage to the world government in the process. :-)

bootiesama
December 17, 2007, 04:56 AM
this might be a little off topic and if so just forget i asked but one thing that has always confused me ...
Monkey D. Luffy, Monkey D. Dragon, Monkey D. Garp ... Portgas D. Ace?
Why the different last name? I always thought maybe Ace isnt a biological brother. Maybe step brother?? Brother doesnt always insinuate biological in Japanese sorta like Franky being called Aniki.

Anyways, I dont think Oda finished off Dr. Hogback. If not in the main storyline, he could come back as one of those front page single shot stories ... And I am positive Kuma will finally make his appearance next chapter. And Zoro didnt get his head wiped off, its just on "fire/disappearing" but not gone.
[hr]
and if Ace really was dead, I think Oda would have definitely showed it. for impact and drama. and probably directly in front of Luffy. Just like Inkovic said, no one ever dies in One Piece

cacwoody
December 17, 2007, 05:23 AM
yeahhh you guys who are saying sh crew member will die....and zoro got half his face destroyed and now he cant hold sword in his mouth...yeah your right. :/ for one, i cant recall ANYONE being killed off/murdered other than things like disease/poison/sickness of sorts in one piece. correct me if there is someone. well now that i think about it...i suppose doflamingo did kill off belamy and sarquiss i think? hmm...now im thinking about a bunch of other people now. :p like the alabastan royal guard guys who drank hero juice and im sure kuro killed off some of his men when he did cats out of the bag.....etc getting off topic sorry. if any of sh die...it will be towards the end of the series after they complete their dreams. but until then nobody will die. as for zoros burning face....im guaranteed in my mind that it will not hurt him in the longrun...or else why would they just stand there? all they have to do is take a few steps backwards...kinda dumb i think....brave i suppose, but for what? its only a few steps, honestly.

arlong
December 17, 2007, 07:07 AM
to begin with i don't think that ace is death in fact i would bet my head believing he's on impel down (the jail where it is impossible to escape) and about thy heads burning, i don't think that anything happened, in fact they will be just fine, else we'll have an arc where they have to find a plastic surgeon for the crew hahahaha.

another point that i'll like to discuss is ace name, i firmly believe that portgas, is in fact a middle name, he is just too much like luffy, and also if ace name is different maybe is just beacuse oda didn't thought in the beggining to name every other member in the family with the prefix monkey.

Punky fish
December 17, 2007, 10:35 AM
But wtf was Kuma doing there?!I believe that he didin't come there just to ask has Luffy got a brother? I wanna know what hes gonna do~!
About this Portgas and Monkey thing, I think Portgas could be name from mothers side, ne? And D from Dragon.

Absolutio
December 17, 2007, 10:58 AM
No. I didn't say he's a one man crew. I just said that ultimately, his role in the crew is "Guardian". Nami's the navigator, Sanji's the chef, Franky's the shipwright, Luffy's the guardian. And that job requires him to be stronger then the rest of the crew, just like Franky's job requires him to be better at building things then the rest of the crew.

I completly agree with you. Luffy IS the captain, after all. You can't be dissappointed in him being ahead of the rest of the crew. If he weren't, he wouldn't have been a good captain. His responsibility his to protect his nakama, and for that, he needs to be stronger than them, which he achieved very nicely in the Enies Lobby Arc. Although Zoro is no pushover either, it's just natural that Luffy will be stronger than him.

Moria wasn't weak. But if you think about the strenght of Oz which was gigantic but nothing compared to the strenght of nightmare-Luffy who had only 100 shadows you would think that Moria who had 10 times more shadows would just beat everybody in a few seconds. Of course he was really strong but the single fact that he was already in a weak state before absorbing all the shadows took most of the potential power. He had difficulties to handle all the shadows because of that. It was just his last resort. I don't think he was weak he just couldn't use all of the potential power.

Yea. I agree that he wasn't week at all. But other than the fact that he was already weaken, I think that he simply couldn't take those many shadows at once. Luffy barely managed 100, and Luffy is one hell of a guy. So Moria, taking 10 times that, set his own doom. So as Zoro said, the battle was already won by the SHs, but the question is, how fast.

Luckas
December 17, 2007, 01:30 PM
Remember guys, this is a predictions thread :)

Zoro-kun
December 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hey =) just joined this forum. I love one piece, but can anyone pls tell me what "the new world" and stuff is? i dont really get it.. 2 red lines and stuff.. ppl saying merman island is the last island of the 1. part of grand line. where did u guys find that out? and if that's the case, gol d. roger burried "one piece" at that island then? it's said to be on the last island of grand line, so then that's their last? unfortunatly merman island aint really an island.. it's something underwater aint it?

well, if someone just could answer me what "the new world" then i would be happy. =)
i know this is a prediction thread, but i did not know where to put this. at least here i wont spoil anything, caus all who's reading this, knows it all..

piz out
[hr]

But wtf was Kuma doing there?!I believe that he didin't come there just to ask has Luffy got a brother? I wanna know what hes gonna do~!
About this Portgas and Monkey thing, I think Portgas could be name from mothers side, ne? And D from Dragon.

Doubt it m8. THe "D" is something special. it doesn't just come from "Dragon".

Gol D. Roger, Monkey D. Luffy, Monkey D. Garp , Marshall D. Teach , Monkey D. Dragon , Jaguar D. Saulo and Portgas D. Ace.
I really doubt that all those ppl was named D. from "dragon". :P Half of those ppl are even older than dragon (Jaguar D. Saulo, Marshall D. Teach and Gol D. Roger).
Nico Robin states she is convinced Luffy will play an important role in the events of the world after seeing a note left by Gol D. Roger in Skypiea near its sacred bell.
So i think sooner or later we will get to know some more about the "D".

about Monkey and Portgas, it might just be Ace's mother was named "Portgas xxx" And then MOnkey D. Dragon killed his wife, and then got a new wife with no special name, so Luffy got the name of his father "Monkey D." Luffy.
Both Luffy and Ace aint too different, but both of them looks very much like their father, but maybe Monkey D. Dragon's wife, was the twinsister of his old wife..? =P might be..

well, well piz out

wing_gundam
December 17, 2007, 02:42 PM
i too think the s/h's will be fine - nothing can hurt them permanently... if nothing else, chopper will nurse them back with some sakura etc.

i think they will set sail for merman isle by the end of the chapter or soon after... i guess they have to go there - though i would love it if they could just skip the arc... i was a little sick of filler bark the day before it started :D so the s/h's need to make up more time - don't forget how much everyone is hyping the new world.....

though everyone hyped the grandline too - and at first it was like ZOMG! as was skypia... then its like yawn... who cares about a flying shark or a sea monster anymore? the crew never have anymore ship related problems anymore (and im sure their log prose will always work fine too from now on).

i think moria will hype the grandline a bit and say something like we sailed passed merman isle... congrats... its the new world!!!

Audition
December 17, 2007, 04:57 PM
This chapter would be Brook's farewell to the gang. Moria was defeated and the shadows returned back to the zombies.. I think some celebration will happen and another adventure
awaits them. I liek them to battle now teh blackbeard or whitebeard pirates.

Absolutio
December 17, 2007, 06:19 PM
He was originally there to inform Moria about BlackBeard being the new Shichibukai (as a result of beating/killing/capturing Ace, which happen to be Luffy's brother).

Anyways, I dont think Oda finished off Dr. Hogback. If not in the main storyline, he could come back as one of those front page single shot stories ... And I am positive Kuma will finally make his appearance next chapter. And Zoro didnt get his head wiped off, its just on "fire/disappearing" but not gone.
<hr noshade size="1">
and if Ace really was dead, I think Oda would have definitely showed it. for impact and drama. and probably directly in front of Luffy. Just like Inkovic said, no one ever dies in One Piece
Ozz stepped over on Hogback and it was clear that he was "taken care of" by that.

this might be a little off topic and if so just forget i asked but one thing that has always confused me ...
Monkey D. Luffy, Monkey D. Dragon, Monkey D. Garp ... Portgas D. Ace?
Why the different last name? I always thought maybe Ace isnt a biological brother. Maybe step brother?? Brother doesnt always insinuate biological in Japanese sorta like Franky being called Aniki.

to begin with i don't think that ace is death in fact i would bet my head believing he's on impel down (the jail where it is impossible to escape) and about thy heads burning, i don't think that anything happened, in fact they will be just fine, else we'll have an arc where they have to find a plastic surgeon for the crew hahahaha.

another point that i'll like to discuss is ace name, i firmly believe that portgas, is in fact a middle name, he is just too much like luffy, and also if ace name is different maybe is just beacuse oda didn't thought in the beggining to name every other member in the family with the prefix monkey.

Doubt it m8. THe "D" is something special. it doesn't just come from "Dragon".

Gol D. Roger, Monkey D. Luffy, Monkey D. Garp , Marshall D. Teach , Monkey D. Dragon , Jaguar D. Saulo and Portgas D. Ace.
I really doubt that all those ppl was named D. from "dragon". :P Half of those ppl are even older than dragon (Jaguar D. Saulo, Marshall D. Teach and Gol D. Roger).
Nico Robin states she is convinced Luffy will play an important role in the events of the world after seeing a note left by Gol D. Roger in Skypiea near its sacred bell.
So i think sooner or later we will get to know some more about the "D".

about Monkey and Portgas, it might just be Ace's mother was named "Portgas xxx" And then MOnkey D. Dragon killed his wife, and then got a new wife with no special name, so Luffy got the name of his father "Monkey D." Luffy.
Both Luffy and Ace aint too different, but both of them looks very much like their father, but maybe Monkey D. Dragon's wife, was the twinsister of his old wife..? =P might be..

well, well piz out

To all of you guys.. This discussion should go to the relevant topic in the tree of knowledge. There is no use of spamming the wrong threads for that.. I even looked for the thread for you: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5555
Feel free to revive it.

Hey =) just joined this forum. I love one piece, but can anyone pls tell me what "the new world" and stuff is? i dont really get it.. 2 red lines and stuff.. ppl saying merman island is the last island of the 1. part of grand line. where did u guys find that out? and if that's the case, gol d. roger burried "one piece" at that island then? it's said to be on the last island of grand line, so then that's their last? unfortunatly merman island aint really an island.. it's something underwater aint it?

well, if someone just could answer me what "the new world" then i would be happy. =)
i know this is a prediction thread, but i did not know where to put this. at least here i wont spoil anything, caus all who's reading this, knows it all..

Those kind of questions could either go to "The Tree of Knowledge" section (you can create a thread there), or to the One Piece Mega-Convo thread here, in the discussion section.
Anyways, to answer your question.
The "New World" is just a title/nick-name that was given to the later half of the grand-line, meaning it's part of the grand-line, that people like to call it "The New World" because several reasons..
The Fishman Island isn't confirmed to be the last island of the first part of the Grandline, not either the first of the New World. From what I understand, they already are in the "in-between" of the regular GrandLine and the New World. Don't think they have any formal way to distuinguish those two.
And the last island of the Grand-line in total is Raftel - where one piece is.

NOW ON TOPIC!!!
I think that Moria is obviously done for.. Only left to see if the StrawHats will make it in time, getting their shadows back (though I think they will..).
TB getting to an end, and maybe some chatting with the forest pirates, moria, kuma, and brooke joining the crew.
I'm giving this arc 2 more chapters.

kestrel_78
December 17, 2007, 10:43 PM
Robin once asked Luffy "Why do you D's love to fight so much?" Of course Luffy answered "What?" so I think that it is a family thing and that we will find out more about it later. :-)
[hr]
I also think that the thriller bark arc will end in less than 4 chapters. I think that Brook will give his ship to the forest pirates after joining the strawhats.

The strawhats have gained a lot in their recent adventures, dial tecnology, new tecniques, the sunny go, and now a legendary sword, a ton of treasure and food, and (I think) a new crew member. They seem to be getting ready for the new world very quickly and gaining things they need at an increadible rate. I look forward to seeing what they get out of the next couple of arcs.

I am looking forward to merman island :-p I want to see the crew use that submarine, and I still want them to get a crew member who is powerful when under water.
[hr]
Not to mention, the look on sanji's face when he sees the young mermaids :-)

cacwoody
December 18, 2007, 02:13 AM
... and yet without them (the whole lot of his crew) luffy would be almost nothing. rubber of course, but still nothing. or would he? i mean - do you think he could have gone all the way as naive as he seems to be?

hmm..i dont think luffy is naive at all. he sets his goals and dreams and WILL complete them. he always seems to see the good in people and like zoro for instance...a criminal due to be hanged wouldve been the view of anybody who saw him but luffy liked him and wanted him to join, and what do you know, he turned out to be his first mate and the second strongest guy and he as well shares luffy's "always completing your goals" mindset. like in his fight with #1, he needed to learn how to cut metal and he did. but im sure that you have some reasoning behind what you say...so would you care enlightening me? :)

Akainu
December 18, 2007, 03:38 AM
[...]he always seems to see the good in people [...]
thats part of what I would call naive, though you read over the most important part ;)
its the "seems" written in italic. He is neither stupid nor naive or anything in that direction. Sometimes it looks like he knows very well and/or is just acting. Furthermore I think there are some things Luffy does care about (his nakama, his strawhat, his goals, perhaps his family) and some he doesn't care about at all (e.g. the way he reaches his goal, but just as long as no one gets in his way).

enough light?

Also I'm not disappointed, that Luffy is ahead of the crew at all. What bugs me is that there are some crewmates, that rely on Luffy and his strength to protect them. Sure they have their duties but with the new world ahead thesy will have to "grow up" - the beginnings of that were shown in W7 and go on in TB I think (Nami and Usopp fighting on their own; the "weaker" ones developing team strategies [beforehand?] etc.)

cacwoody
December 18, 2007, 04:54 AM
has he ever been wrong about somebody? *he probably has but i cant think of anyone* :p

Absolutio
December 18, 2007, 06:11 AM
Also I'm not disappointed, that Luffy is ahead of the crew at all. What bugs me is that there are some crewmates, that rely on Luffy and his strength to protect them. Sure they have their duties but with the new world ahead thesy will have to "grow up" - the beginnings of that were shown in W7 and go on in TB I think (Nami and Usopp fighting on their own; the "weaker" ones developing team strategies [beforehand?] etc.)

As you said. They've proven they can fight for themselves quite well in the last two arc+saga. But they will never get to the "monster three" level.

cacwoody
December 18, 2007, 06:14 AM
well chopper can....if he wanted to....and could control it. but even without controlling it...he still could 'go' there. anybody know what site i can subscribe to weekly jump from. japanese one that is.

hollowfied
December 18, 2007, 08:23 AM
has he ever been wrong about somebody? *he probably has but i cant think of anyone*

Don't think he actually has.

He wasn't wrong about Robin. He didn't hate the Franky Family after Robin got kidnapped, he wanted them to help. He always seems to know who to fight.

I guess its instinct.

Luffy follows his superior instinct, like an animal, follows his heart instead of his brain. Hes not 'retarded' (definitely not very smart though), just immensely immature, fun loving, ambitious and hes got helluva an instinct ;)

Punky fish
December 18, 2007, 09:46 AM
Doubt it m8. THe "D" is something special. it doesn't just come from "Dragon". Um... I didin't mean it like that.... It was like that D in Aces name is from Dragons name monkey D dragon, not like all D would be from Dragon.

Mrai
December 18, 2007, 11:30 AM
I was just thinking that Luffy is way stronger than the other members. His bounty is way more big than the other members. And I think that the weaker crew members should be a little bit stronger cause they are getting way behind(if they have to battle Shank's crew all of the Mugiwara members should be strong). And while Luffy has 300 million, Zoro has just 120 million. He should have more, as well as Sanji. And the weaker members don't even have more than 50 million.

ANBU4U
December 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
As you said. They've proven they can fight for themselves quite well in the last two arc+saga. But they will never get to the "monster three" level.

To this day I'm confused as to how Kalifa let Nami beat her. She was by far the better fighter, she should have stopped dicking around with her lame ass paramecia fruit and taken care of business the old fashioned way. Nami cant count on enemies like her all the time.

And Ussop? He didn't even fight anyone from CP9. His biggest battle to date is that Horohoro girl (and well, luffy, but luffy pwned him) but I'm tempted not to count that because of him being immune to her power....SURE no one else could have beat her..but I mean really, when will his pessimism ever win him a fight again?

Not to rag on Ussop, he's a great character and I suppose he could slink out of direct confrontations for the rest of the series (lord knows he has other uses) but....well, he may not be that lucky.

I think Nami's shaping up nicely though....as soon as she's polished up her melee skills with the climatact a bit she'll be solid all around. Enough so to compete significantly with the likes of say..Franky or Brooke...perhaps even beat the likes of kalifa flat out.

Who knows, perhaps some pretty (or not) mermaid with a trident can help her with that.

PaperYomiko
December 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
Hey guys, just a reminder to everyone to please try and stay on topic here. Character discussions should be done in the Tree of Knowledge ^^

This was a great chapter...and what an ending. As Imitorar was saying before, I love how this arc showed the power of the Mugiwaras fighting together to stop Oz and Moria, as opposed to everyone having their own individual fights. Moria definitely let his pride get in the way of reason, and I think that's a big reason why he's chilling underneath that tower now :p

Zoro-kun
December 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
Um... I didin't mean it like that.... It was like that D in Aces name is from Dragons name monkey D dragon, not like all D would be from Dragon.

I acctually knew that........ :P I also think this arc will end in less than 4 chapters.. should we say 2 more?

PaperYomiko
December 18, 2007, 01:15 PM
Guys, just a reminder to please stay on topic here. Discussions about 'D' or Luffy's family, etc should happen in the Tree of Knowledge. Thanks ^^

For some reason, I feel as though there's going to be one final complication for the Mugiwaras here...although I do think that Moria is truly down for the count this time. I think their shadows will be coming back next chapter, and hopefully, since they're beginning to get a bit crispy now...but still, I'm not ready to call this arc entirely over yet. Maybe it's just that I'm still waiting for Cerberos to come back <3

Absolutio
December 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
Lol.. Maybe he'll join the crew.. =D I wonder if it has shadows of people in it or actually animals. Probably animals, but if so, how will they know they can't go out to the sun? :o

Absolutio
December 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yea.. This was the first arc that we saw all of the mugiwaras fighting with team-work.. And they rock!
Too bad the Mecha-Docking-System didn't work.. :( (Damn you Robin!!!)

I'm really looking forward to the next arc though.. Can't wait to see what Oda will bring out his sleeve.. :p

kestrel_78
December 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
There is still the thing with Kuma, but I don't expect anything else out of the T. B. arc. Except for Brook. Now watch Oda supprise me again.

cacwoody
December 18, 2007, 09:17 PM
hmm..well what still needs to be resolved?
-will brooke join?
-what are perona, lion guy, and hogback up to and what will they do?
-what happens to TB as a whole? what about the zombies?
-kuma and news about ace.
-farewells (if TB stays afloat)
-what happens to forest pirates?
-what happens to moria?
cant think of anything else...maybe there is....anyways, yeah so all of that will take about 3-5 chapters i think. definately not only 2 chapters.

guegoblok
December 19, 2007, 02:53 AM
I think in the end everybody will bash on each other. There is a possibility of The world Government backed up by the Knights going against the pirates.

The government has said that they're trying to keep the balance, meaning they don't want anybody to lead the pirates to go head to head with the government. And Luffy is the only guy who can do it. He has left trails of people whom are indebted to him and his crew. Given his popularity, everybody would climb aboard his ship and fight.

Naming few, there's the arabasta kingdom, Snow, Water 7 (and they might help if iceburg manages to make the island floats, but I doubt it) and TB residents. Oh and the Sky pier too.

And btw, am I the only one, or is there anybody else here who thinks that One Piece is actually freedom from tyranny (in this case the government)?

cacwoody
December 19, 2007, 03:44 AM
could you explain your "freedom from tyranny" bit in detail? because the way you worded it makes it sound like, when you find "one piece" you will be free of the government....which doesnt make any sense at all... :/

Absolutio
December 19, 2007, 06:43 AM
No.. He may not explain his freedom from tyranny here.. This is a prediction thread.
If he wants, he can make a thread in the Tree of knowledge.

Impel Down
December 19, 2007, 12:23 PM
Next will probably just be a wrap-up, I'd think, because Moria's final ultimate-move seems to have, well, failed. And we've seen Crew-Team-Work attacks before, Abso, just not all at the same time, or at this magnitude. Who could forget Usopp and Chopper against Mr 4.'s team, or "Hana Arashi"?

But if they all did Mecha-Docking-System to defeat Asgard Moria in the end, that could have been awesome. They'd just replace Robin with Luffy.

Impel Down
December 19, 2007, 12:25 PM
That's a whole 'nother subject of OP, all about the oppressive WG, but because they control the kingdoms, they aren't really a tyranny.

But as for next, probably a wrap-up, everyone lives, Moria explains himself and Luffy says some heart-warming things. Possibly getting ready to leave or Kuma showing up in the end, I don't know.

Absolutio
December 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
Also Zoro and Sanji at the Davy Back fight.. I know there has always been team work, but never with all of the crew at once, going all out together against one foe. That's one of the reasons why this arc was really cool.

Mooncrow
December 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
well, we're starting to see a significant shift in the theme of the strawhats' fighting style. Before, Zoro explained their theme pretty well when he said "you do as much as you can with your life on the line, and then turn to the next guy and say 'I did what I could, now it's your turn'". But that has transformed into what Sanji said in the last arc, "I'll do what you can't; you do what I can't" transitioning into a much more teamwork oriented crew. And of course in this arc, we have seen that transition completed, showing us what power the strawhats are capable of together.

Individual fights will still continue to play an important role, but I definitely see more team battles in the upcoming arcs. (partly for convenience sake)

PaperYomiko
December 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
Awesome post, Mooncrow! :thumbs

I think you're absolutely right. They are all becoming stronger and more confident individually and collectively. Their ability to fight together is, I think, because of their absolute trust in each other and in each other's strengths, which continues to grow with each arc. What a beautiful thing it is to have such nakama~ :XD

As for the mecha docking system.....that would have been cool, no doubt, though I can't say I blame Robin for not wanting to join in. It would have been a bit awkward to do in a dress :p

Absolutio
December 20, 2007, 07:11 PM
I doubt that they all will fight together (all of them) in the coming fights.. They joined forces to take down a very strong and HUGE opponent, so that's why they banded together.. I simply can't see all of them fighting at once against a normal size person.. Though team work will be there, but not all at once.

Imitorar
December 20, 2007, 09:02 PM
Well, there was alot of non-full crew combination attacks on Thriller Bark. Robi-Cho Suplex? 6,000,000 Beli Jackpot? But yeah, whole-crew teamups probably won't happen, except for monstrously strong opponents that CAN'T be defeated by one crew-member, like Oz.

Impel Down
December 21, 2007, 08:10 AM
There's never really been a time where they're all fighting the same major opponent at once, though, so it seems like they never really had a good time to use full-crew teamwork before.

They've also grown as a crew since other arcs where they could have faced a stronger opponent all at once, so that could be another factor too.

I also just realized this: The crew referred to Luffy's moves as Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd. When exactly did they see Luffy using the Gears before, and knew what he was doing?

Imitorar
December 21, 2007, 10:47 AM
They were watching him on the Bridge of Hesitation, and he probably told them afterwards what he was doing. You think they don't tell each other about their separate fights and adventures? What do you think they do when they get bored?

Wale
December 21, 2007, 02:43 PM
Franky saw it too, as they fought against Lucci.. back then Luffy used Gear 2

Allashandra
December 21, 2007, 08:23 PM
New Chapter out!!

Grab it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=659420)

Have fun predicting~

Helltroll
December 22, 2007, 06:51 AM
Well...anything could happen at the moment. Kuma vs. Zoro is probably just a short exchange of attacks before something unpredictable happens (it has to happen,because i don't see how they could defeat two samurais in a row). and I#m also hoping for hogback and absalom to either break into the upcoming fight or escapeing to fight the strawhats again in the next arc.
and i predict that the next cover story will start in the new year (finally).

Organizized
December 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
I guess I got it handed to me, not thinking Kuma would fight.

I got this thought that it was actually Hogback that called Kuma on the denden-mushi since he seemed to have some sort of plan, and he knows that Kuma is obedient of the WG.

And hey, Kaidou is one of the yonkou? Did I miss that before or what? :S Anyways, nice episode.

Impel Down
December 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
They never said that Kaidou was in the Yonkou, but a lot of people made that assumption, including yours truly.

But to the chappy, I had guessed that Kuma would do something, but I didn't think of a full-scale attack on everyone there, and even visibly killing some pirates, which we never see in OP...like ever. And it seems like Moria will come back later on, since he's not getting kicked out.

Zoro fight next, though. Ought to be interesting.

Impel Down
December 22, 2007, 09:52 AM
I'm predicting that next is just some hard-core fighting, while showing some more of Kuma's moves and everyone being confused and devastated. I don't even see how they'll be able to escape from Kuma now, with his power and their...lack of power at the moment. Luffy'll probably kill himself if he tries to fight at the same level he did against Moria again so soon. I mean, he slept for like a week last fight.

And whether or not Hogback and Absalom will do something, I dunno.

alzimers
December 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
it will be brooke vs kuma.. brooke will fight kuma for the SH to have a change to escape (maybe im crazy).

yeah im crazy! peace out!

mugen
December 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
hmm someone is gonna get captured...or someone will sacrifice themselves..I see a very important person appearin...or perhaps brooke will be somehow connected to Kuma??? welll that juts my crazzy thoughts :XD

Aphalite
December 22, 2007, 12:42 PM
Looks like OP is taking a page out of Bleach (Grimmjow -> Noitora)

Maybe it ends up being a rescue arc too

Please next time you make references to recent events in other mangas use the spoiler tags, thanks :)

Impel Down
December 22, 2007, 12:55 PM
Looks like OP is taking a page out of Bleach (Grimmjow -> Noitora)

This is nothing like the situation in HM. They aren't really moving on to a stronger opponent to be saved by an even stronger, more unexpected, savoir either, it's just making the escape more interesting and will possibly give us more info on the Shichibukai or the WG.

Post edited. Please Impel try to express your opinions in a kinder way.

gdupninja
December 22, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well Luffy is gonna be out of action for this fight. After the show he put on he is defintly gonna need some rest. I think Kuma is gonna be way to much for my favorite samurai zoro. It looks bad for the straw hats at the moment but........ will there be a rescue in the near future?

Absolutio
December 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
Gotta say.. From all of us saying "Kuma will just be there to inform the SHs of Ace etc. etc." we should've just expected Oda to throw it right back at us. Damn!! I can't believe we have to wait whole 2 weeks now!!! :(
It was really nice seeing all those people get their shadows back.. Reminded me a bit of all of the SHs close people talking about their bounties back then, after the Enies Lobby incident.

I'm not sure if it's Hogback talking to Kuma. Hogback didn't know about the WG finding a replacement for Crocodile, so how could he talk to Kuma about it? But then again, I might be wrong.
@Impel: We're not sure if they're dead yet. Kuma's attack might have just been a really strong projected fist or something.. :s

Absolutio
December 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
I see three possibilities:
1. SH crew somehow defeats Kuma. (If that happens, I DEMAND(!!) a huge bounty rise for the crew.. Defeating two shichibukais in a row is even insane-ier than beating the CP9 imho.
2. SH crew somehow manage to escape Kuma. Since Kuma is able to teleport, the only way for that to happen is for using someone as a bait, and then escaping without Kuma knowing where the SHs are. I think that this option is very unlikable.
3. Someone coming and rescuing the SHs=defeating Kuma. That someone could possibly be Shanks, leading to the big incident they were talking about with Ace&BB..

Other then that.. I have absolutly no idea what Oda will throw at us.. ><
Oh.. And I doubt that it was hogback that was talking with Kuma (tricking him to attack the SHs) since in the talk the new shichibukai was also mentioned, and Hogback doesnt know about that.
So we still haven't seen the last of Hogback and Absalom, and I just hope they won't steal Thousand Sunny.

wing_gundam
December 22, 2007, 04:46 PM
I think the crew will be separated around the grandline and will have to fight to get back together some how. I think in this chapter, Kuma might send one or two of them off somewhere. I think that when they reunite, they will be on the new world half of the grand line and be stronger.

Absolutio
December 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't think that'll happen.. How will the crew find their way back to each other? You can't navigate in the GL without a log pose, and only Nami has one, and they won't know where each other of them will be.. It will be way too messy and plot-holly to do so.

Akainu
December 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
As there are so many theories on saviours I must predict one - well actually I dont believe in all this saviour and interference theories - but this idea is pushing to get outside.
So, the only one who follows the strawhats permanently and was untill now just a bit behind... the only one who deserves to disturb the deadly silence of such a holy battle... the only one with a grudge deeper then the deepest sea... BUGGY THE CLOWN ... will unwillingly come to the rescue of the strawhats. think about it ,now that the strawhats have a lead over him with 2 shichibukai now its his turn to show us what he learnd :amuse

Now honestly: I think what Absalom and Hogback are up to is the key to the future events more than the outcome of the fight, which I think may end in other than win or loss, if its fought at all - well zoro still needs a fight this arc! remember him saying "lets pretend this never happend" ? And last point I'd like to bring up: right before kumas appearence there was someone saying it was like a nightmare they woke up from. well it seems they dreamt that they woke up if you know what I mean. the nightmare still continues.

Impel Down
December 22, 2007, 05:28 PM
I doubt it's Hogback talking to Kuma, it's most likely the Gorosei. They're the only ones who are really in a position to order Kuma around and have info like that.

And Abso, I think they said that his attack went through them, but you could be right too. We'll just have to see.

Akainu
December 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
great chap
I liked to see all those people get their shadows back, especially 'Cindry'.
And after the "shock" of the disintegration there came the real shock and 2 weeks to wait for the solution much time to think about what will happen.

Sorata
December 22, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think the next chapter will be Zoro vs Kuma, we´ll see Kuma´s strength but Zoro won´t be defeated easily, something new will happen to let the straw hats run away; i don´t understand if Kuma is a clever guy or a blockhead violent guy, it´s strange based on what everyone told us about him, but i think he is a clever guy, he begin to attack the strongest one from the straw hats.

Concerning Hogback, i think he will run and will appear in some future arc.

The straw hats looked concerned by Luffy because of the Gear´s strain to the body, do you think they will make Luffy start training with Zoro or something like that???

kazuma_uzumaki
December 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
Ouch just after the Moira fight

Like Nami says he seems to have a teleport ability but it could be anything from big to small.

Lol on Lola

"I'll let you be my groom as a sign of gratitude."

I wonder if theres any particular reason why it's zolo first.

Imitorar
December 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
^Because he's the most manly and handsome of the Straw Hats. The fangirls love him, though they love Ace more, but that's a separate issue... Anyway, so I was wrong about Kuma not fighting. I didn't think the World Government would actually call and give him orders to fight, and without those orders, he wouldn't have. And I don't even think the World Government called Kuma first, since they don't know what's going on with Moria. Kuma probably called and told them, because a Shichibukai being defeated was against the wishes of the World Government, and therefore, he would want to inform them due to his loyalty to the World Government. And since Kuma initiated the contact, it definitely wasn't to Hogback. It was probably on some special, secure, Shichibukai Den Den Mushi channel. And he was most likely talking to one or all of the Gorosei, or possibly Sengoku. Now we just have to wait two more weeks to see Hogback's plan, how the Straw Hats survive fighting another Shichibukai just after fighting Moria, and possibly the secret behind Kuma's powers and the fate of Ace.

Aphalite
December 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
This is nothing like the situation in HM. They aren't really moving on to a stronger opponent to be saved by an even stronger, more unexpected, savoir either, it's just making the escape more interesting and will possibly give us more info on the Shichibukai or the WG.

Post edited. Please Impel try to express your opinions in a kinder way.

Don't get so worked up, it's manga, it's for fun and entertainment. Anyway what I meant by that was them jumping into another big battle right after exhausting themselves on this one. This is obviously reflective of that situation, ie: main protagonist fighter Luffy is down, fresh opponent comes in, everyone is tired and beat up. I fail to see how you can not draw parallels between the two. Whether a savier shows up is another story.

Aphalite
December 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
How about Brook's whale coming to crash the party for Kuma? Kuma then decides to teleport Brook's whale to a place deeper into the Grand Line, that way, Brooks has a reason to travel with the Straw Hats, since as it stands now, the whale is the opposite direction of where the straw hats intend to travel (beginning of Grand Line yes?)

Absolutio
December 22, 2007, 08:40 PM
Why would Laboon travel all the way there? O_o

Absolutio
December 22, 2007, 08:44 PM
I, for one, understand Impel very much. The fact that you compare Bleach to One Piece is unberable. And I'm not going to make this thread into a Bleach dissing thread or w/e, but it just touched a sensitive string in our hearts :p

And about beating a strong opponent and then another strong(/er?) opponent arriving is nothing new in mangas/animes. That's what it is all about, overcoming your limits.

otaclub_87
December 22, 2007, 09:12 PM
this is easy to predict..
strawhats will definitely escape from kuma however the tactics is...
(maybe absalom, hogback, or Rolling Pirates will help them..since strawhats has returned their shadows)
and then brook joins the crew...and they head up to Merman Island..

all will ocured in 2008..^^

sharingan_kakashi
December 22, 2007, 10:59 PM
hehe. Bleach story is predictable unlike One Piece.
well now that Kuma decided to kill everyone, someone other than Luffy has to step up. All of them are already beaten and exhausted but maybe getting their shadows give them a second wind.

sharingan_kakashi
December 22, 2007, 11:04 PM
well, doesnt Zorro only fight other swordsmen. So i dont know how he will fair against Kuma who isnt using any type of weapon ( as far as I know).

I predict they will leave Thriller Bark intact somehow and proceed to merman island.
or
I predict they all get captured and get sent to Merman Island.

jaypooner
December 23, 2007, 01:50 AM
this arc seems to be really dragging on. we need some fresh faces other than kuma.

aside from that, when was kaidou ever mentioned before? the name sounds familiar, but i dont remember him at all.

Wale
December 23, 2007, 04:04 AM
I say it's like this:
Zoro and Kuma are ready for the fight as Kuma says: Zoro! Old friend! I did not see you for a long time! whatsup? Let us drink something. :D :D

Relezite
December 23, 2007, 04:48 AM
Someone mentioned an interloper. I think the best bet for anyone buying the crew enough time to get away is Smoker. We haven't seen him in a long time, we know he's still after the crew. we know he doesn't follow orders, and doesn't like the Shichibukai.

But I've had a hard time predicting Oda lately.

Edit: And if Tashigi saves Zoro here. Eh? EHHHH?

Absolutio
December 23, 2007, 05:12 AM
When Moria put Luffy's shadow into Oz he said that if he had this fighting power back then, he wouldn't have lost to Kaidou in the new world. So many of us predicted that he is one of the Yonkou.

vemynal
December 23, 2007, 06:22 AM
Just announce Brook as part of the crew already O.o

Then I can finally stop having an anxiety attack over whether my favorite character will join XD

ultrazai
December 23, 2007, 08:38 AM
yay nice predictions here:
first i really like the buggy version XD and the smoker version is also quite nice.
I really shouted when the last chapter ended because it was such a cliffhanger ... again man lately every single one piece chapter ended like this -.-
like most of u i dont think they got a chance versus kuma at the moment. But honestly i don't see a way to get away from him without sacrifices-.- and sacrifices are not going to happen.

next i want to say that this thriller barc arc (i like to say it XD) was very surprising up till now unlike the cp9 arc which was more straight foreward.

the big question is : WHAT THE HELL IS KUMAS POWER?
i think its kind of a teleportation power like him teleporting single body parts to instantly kill someone-.- but oda will show us the weakness of that power soon, at least i hope so.

as for absalom and hogback hmmm at first i thought they would help the SH crew out to escape but i dont like both of them-.-

i hope that the fight zoro vs kuma wont be the end of one of zoros swaords because of kumas ability-.-

next chapter we will see:
a big fight between zoro and kuma
someone coming to help luffy(Ace ?!, Shanks, Dragon), or
someone who wants to defeat luffy himself and attacks kuma because luffy is his prey(blackbeard, buggy, smoker)

so guys i am off to work.
I wish u great christmas and dont cry over the lack of chapters we will see the continuation next year

Sarmad
December 23, 2007, 09:33 AM
Brook started out as an outstanding character and i also wanted him on the ship, despite the fact that he's a swordsman!
Up to the point where he fought his shadow's container, Ryuuma, i would've let him join the crew.
But since he lost and presented himself as rather weak compared to Zorro, i must say that i am absolutely against him joining the SH crew! Brook lost his potential to become stronger in any way! He has got no methods to improve cause all his skills are weaker than Zorro's and i can't possibly imagine any alternative way for him to fight.

I can't describe how excited i am about the upcoming fight between zorro and Kuma! I hope that Zorro will totally kick Kuma's ass!

hollowfied
December 23, 2007, 10:51 AM
I don't understand the point of these prediction threads.

None of these predictions are ever right.

..which is of course, a good thing =P
Oda is a genius.

And reply to a post in the other thread -
One Piece is nothing like Bleach. NOTHING.

Please guys, stop talki8ng about Bleach; this is the OP section :)

Mrai
December 23, 2007, 11:17 AM
I would also like Brooke to join. He is also my favourite character with all his skull jokes:p.

Anyway I didn't expect Kuma to fight. But finally we will be able to see the crew fighting instead of Luffy. I wonder if they defeat Kuma if their bounties will rise, cause the WG seems to be directing the attack. And I hope Kuma doesn't teleport any crew member, cause then we'll have 200 chapters of Luffy searching for everyone around the world.

Sorata
December 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
Everyone is saying that someone is going to save them, but that is impossible, because no one knows that they are in Thriler Park, so the saving thing is out, they need to escape by themselves, maybe Kuma will let them escape like Aokiji did before Water 7.

wing_gundam
December 23, 2007, 03:59 PM
I don't think that'll happen.. How will the crew find their way back to each other? You can't navigate in the GL without a log pose, and only Nami has one, and they won't know where each other of them will be.. It will be way too messy and plot-holly to do so.

1. log proses are easy to get - probably 90% of the people in the grand line can get one/has one

2. there are other ways to navigate around im guessing - the marines can go place to place. they have that scientist whose figured out things like how to cross over the calm zone... im sure they have other tech secrets that the s/h's can steal
[hr]

well, doesnt Zorro only fight other swordsmen. So i dont know how he will fair against Kuma who isnt using any type of weapon ( as far as I know).

I predict they will leave Thriller Bark intact somehow and proceed to merman island.
or
I predict they all get captured and get sent to Merman Island.

no he doesn't - in skypia he had to figure out a way to fight distance attackers so he came up with the 32-64-128 pound cannon moves.

i think he has a few of those against Oz too.
[hr]

yay nice predictions here:
first i really like the buggy version XD and the smoker version is also quite nice.
I really shouted when the last chapter ended because it was such a cliffhanger ... again man lately every single one piece chapter ended like this -.-
like most of u i dont think they got a chance versus kuma at the moment. But honestly i don't see a way to get away from him without sacrifices-.- and sacrifices are not going to happen.

next i want to say that this thriller barc arc (i like to say it XD) was very surprising up till now unlike the cp9 arc which was more straight foreward.

the big question is : WHAT THE HELL IS KUMAS POWER?
i think its kind of a teleportation power like him teleporting single body parts to instantly kill someone-.- but oda will show us the weakness of that power soon, at least i hope so.

as for absalom and hogback hmmm at first i thought they would help the SH crew out to escape but i dont like both of them-.-

i hope that the fight zoro vs kuma wont be the end of one of zoros swaords because of kumas ability-.-

next chapter we will see:
a big fight between zoro and kuma
someone coming to help luffy(Ace ?!, Shanks, Dragon), or
someone who wants to defeat luffy himself and attacks kuma because luffy is his prey(blackbeard, buggy, smoker)

so guys i am off to work.
I wish u great christmas and dont cry over the lack of chapters we will see the continuation next year

his power reminds me a lot of blueno's who could teleport using doors - fairly instantly...

he was able to be defeated with faster speed - i think luffy used soru so prob the same with kuma

Akainu
December 23, 2007, 04:09 PM
No one knows that they are on TB, no one knows where TB is, no one? no! a tiny group of people added 1 and 1 and came to the conclusion, that Sh are on TB and then sent Kuma.
Though I dont think someone else could be smart enough to consider that or even know about it, there is still a small chance left, that there will be someone dropping in accidently.
(how about Enel here, starting to conquer the world - :darn)

now back to predictions that will never come true:
an opportunity I think is totally underestimated, that moria wakes up! though I dont know what he couold do for the story to go on :s

last prediction: I think there is a new coverstory to begin, right?
Considering the order of the cs before that were somehow following the pattern of the arcs though not too strictly, I think it will be Foxy most likely, what do you think?

Imitorar
December 23, 2007, 04:31 PM
Kuma is the World Government's Lapdog. They tell him to kill the Straw Hats, he's gonna kill them or be defeated trying. (He won't die, that I'm sure of, at least not now.) Aokiji, on the other hand, seems to do whatever he wants quite often. As do alot of the World Government's higher-ups, come to think of it, but that's a different issue. Either way, Kuma is NOTHING like Aokiji when it comes to character, and I doubt he will disobey the World Government and let the Straw Hats escape.

Not to mention the fact that making Zoro navigate his own way through the Grand Line would be pure cruelty on Oda's part. Also pure hilarity.

Finale
December 23, 2007, 05:40 PM
As all the strawhats are badly beaten up they are at a huge disadvantage especially against Kuma. My prediction is the strawhats need a hero a Chopperman hero. Chopper unveils a new rumbleball that lets him turn into a new Point. Or he could just do monster point again and tell the others to get him in some seawater after he defeats Kuma. Think how hilarious it would be for Chopper to go from Cotton candy lover with a 50 belli bounty to Monster Chopper with a bounty of 400 million belli bounty. It would create so many Trigun like moments. Bounty hunters wouldn't be able to believe that such a cute animal is worth so much!

Absolutio
December 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
lol.. But i doubt he'll worth 400m..
But this idea is actually reasonable.. :o

Absolutio
December 23, 2007, 06:02 PM
If they do beat Kuma then I demand the WG to give them a rise!!! Defeating 2 shichibukais in a row is a very serious thing..! :@

Crenzel
December 23, 2007, 07:34 PM
they'll try to cover up the shichibukais defeat no matter. As said in the chapter, having the shichibukais fall one after another will hurt the dignity of the shichibukai. WG won't want them to be looked down upon.

Finale
December 23, 2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah. But it would be extremely funny. If he completely manhandles Kuma in monster point then something in the high 300 millions would defintely be in order since they did just defeat Moria. We also must remember that the Shichibukai's bounties are what they were right before they joined so it is possible for them to become stronger. But I would love to see Chopperman own Kuma! I think kuma will work his way down the list of the strongest strawhats until he comes to Chopper then its time for Chopper to show he's a man. I really don't think the strawhats can escape. Kuma would probably let the other people that got their shadows back before the strawhats as they are his primary target.

Absolutio
December 23, 2007, 09:29 PM
But that's the same with the CP9 and Enies Lobby.. And they had to public it anyways.. Enough is enough.

Neuroff
December 23, 2007, 10:37 PM
They actually didn't say anything about CP9 because nobody knew about them anyway. If Kuma survives this, then they could say that he was the one who took out Moria, like how they said Smoker beat Crocodile.

Imitorar
December 24, 2007, 12:32 AM
That won't work here. Saying Smoker beat Crocodile only worked because they spun it as Smoker stopping Baroque Works. Otherwise, it would seem like the Marines were fighting the Shichibukai, and an impression of being inwardly divided isn't an impression the World Government would want to give off. For them to successfully pin Moria's defeat on Kuma, they'd have to pretend that Moria was doing something criminal and worthy of having another Shichibukai sent to dispatch him.

And Absulutio, I'm pretty sure that most people don't know about Enies Lobby, because, as Neuroff said, nobody knows about the CP9 in the first place. Only the high-ranking Marines like Garp would know, as well as other high-ranking World Government officials. And either way, that's MORE reason for the World Government to conceal any further losses it suffers and the hands of the Straw Hats. The public knowing that the World Government lost both Crocodile AND the CP9 would put the World Government in alot more of a dire position, propaganda-wise, then the public just knowing that Crocodile was defeated.

Neuroff
December 24, 2007, 12:36 AM
That won't work here. Saying Smoker beat Crocodile only worked because they spun it as Smoker stopping Baroque Works. Otherwise, it would seem like the Marines were fighting the Shichibukai, and an impression of being inwardly divided isn't an impression the World Government would want to give off. For them to successfully pin Moria's defeat on Kuma, they'd have to pretend that Moria was doing something criminal and worthy of having another Shichibukai sent to dispatch him.
I was thinking that they could say that Moria was the reason behind the disppearances in the triangle.

hollowfied
December 24, 2007, 01:28 AM
The official reason that the Strawhats got a huge raise in bounty levels after the Enies Lobby arc was because they survived the Buster Call, not because they defeated the CP9 (most people wouldn't know about them anyways) or because they destroyed Enies Lobby (because they didn't, the Buster Call did).

bootiesama
December 24, 2007, 05:13 AM
Hahaha! I was only gonna post to tell you all your predictions were super funny, but I think a lot of them are quite Oda-esque, I really think one of them will came true.

Now that Im here I guess I'll make a stab at it. What I think, hmmm. As much as I'd like to say "Go Mugiwara no ichimi, beat two Shichibukai in a row!!" I just dont see it happening at this point. Especially no one by himself. At the same time, fooey to the savior idea. It sounds the most plausible but its like a cop out ... Well if there has to be one Id bet on Ace. (Buggy would be sooo funny though)

Anyways, I knew Hogback would come back so lets say that he tries to blow up Thriller Bark in attempt to kill off the Strawhats, however, this dumps Kuma in the water. The Strawhats and friends save the Akuma no mi users but no one saves Kuma right away, who subsequently cant chase after immediately ... Then this saves the battle with Kuma for later when everyone is properly rested. Yay!
[hr]
Also I dont think Mermaid Island will be the destination anymore. After all these Kuma shinanigans, I think the course will change. Maybe Kuma captures everyone and sends them to jail!!! Maybe Smoker comes and captures them!! OH NO!

matrice
December 24, 2007, 07:59 AM
Just after all that trouble there is still a shichibukai left. That guy seems even stronger that Moria himself and most of the pirates are already unable to fight. I don't think that Zoro can save the situation now. Probably it's the right time for a deus ex machina to do the dirt work. Also, I don't want the epic sotry with the shichibukai to be forgotten so easily after all that hard work, I would like the people to know about that (well, it's true that even Crocodile said to be defeated by the marines).

billylebegue
December 24, 2007, 09:04 AM
Absalom will steal Kuma's book which will nullifie all Kuma's power (pure speculation)

PirateMusician
December 24, 2007, 10:08 AM
First off, I think the SH's will defeat Kuma! We know the BB vs Ace battle is a trigger for some huge event, and so far people are saying it will trigger when Luffy finds out about Ace's defeat...

But Kuma is already at Thriller Bark because of BB, so if Kuma is defeated, BB vs Ace triggered that defeat! And two Shichibukai down at once... considering how worried the WG was about one going down, two would probably drive the world into war. So if Kuma goes down, Ace's defeat would be a trigger for a huge event even without Luffy finding out about it!

As for how Kuma will go down... If he's a teleporter, he needs a fast opponent. So I think Brooke's gonna be a major player in the battle (and he'll repay Zoro for getting his shadow back, too)

Ninjutsu
December 24, 2007, 10:51 AM
This is my prediction:

The chapter starts with Zoro vs Kuma that shows his real power...Zoro can do nothing and asks himself which is Kuma's real power, Kuma explains which are his true abilities and now Brooke appears, he wants to kill Kuma to repay the SH for everything they did for him.

karimamin
December 24, 2007, 11:03 AM
I predict Kuma can only fight with one hand and that he is stopped by the Zoro accidenttally tricks him into teleporting off the edge of a cliff into the water below. Also hogback's last trick is to blow up the entire island.

Navid.
December 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well, so far in the arc we have seen Sanji and Luffy use their power ups (Diable Jamble and Gear Two/Three respectively), but Zoro has yet to use any real power up in terms of stuff like Azura, so I'm hoping Zoro will get his moment during this arc and at least give Kuma a nice challenge.

Impel Down
December 24, 2007, 01:01 PM
With Moria, it would be far more of a threat for that information to be released into the world, especially letting it out that the same one who defeat Arlong, Crocodile, and Lucci did it. Crocodile's story was also partially released to the world because of what he did, and because they added the part with Smoker capturing Crocodile in it.

And for how they will escape, I dunno. Maybe they'll find some loophole in Kuma's powers or something.

Impel Down
December 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
Zoro using Asura against Kuma would be pretty cool, yeah, but he'll hardly...win.

Aphalite
December 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
I just don't see kuma going down

don't forget that soon they are going to merman island where they will meet another shichibukai

Wale
December 24, 2007, 06:34 PM
don't forget that soon they are going to merman island where they will meet another shichibukai

Actually Oda did not say that they will meet Jinbei there, this only the fans' theory. And abaut Kuma going down.. that would never happen. Zoro got already too much exhausted Although it may happen that as hes shadow returned his strength charged. But this is only another fan's theory.. :D

Impel Down
December 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
Luffy got his shadow back recently. He has now passed out.

Brooke got his shadow back a while ago. His skull was still smashed and he couldn't move.

Therefore, it's kinda clear that getting your shadow back does not equal instant recharging.

Jatimatic
December 25, 2007, 04:39 PM
Ermm first about Kuma's teleport ability I think its pretty limited. Atleast teleporting pepole around world. Then you could just teleport yourself or someone other into the last island of Grand Line and get the One Piece. If u had ability like that you still would be pirate not Schibuckai.

About Kuma and Zoro. I see two possiblities which has something like 2,5% change to become true. Those are that Zoro can put a fight up because he finally realised how to use his new sword propely or somone will help Strawhats I don't think that it will be Shanks, as we haven't seen end of Shank and Whitbeard's fight yet (I'm curious about that!). Smoker doesen't sound bad because if Kuma is intend to kill everyone on the Island, Smoker's only choice is to fight... Mmm but I think any of these won't happen, Oda will suprise remember that.

Impel Down
December 25, 2007, 10:01 PM
Yes, of course his teleporting must have some restrictions. Being able to teleport anywhere in the world and have unlimited invisible attacks and being able to send people anywhere he wants, he could rule the world in 3...2...1...now. We already have seen some of his restrictions with teleporting others, since Moria knew that he shouldn't say his dream vacation to Kuma. He also has to touch people and write down something.

To Zoro v. Kuma, I still dunno if Zoro'll just "stand his own", lose, or win/escape with the crew. I like the idea of just "standing his own".

octopusman
December 26, 2007, 02:34 AM
I don't think kuma obliterates people, but rather sends them somewhere, I think all the strawhats are going to be teleported somewhere.

Impel Down
December 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hopefully not, because he'd probably send them to the bottom of the sea or Impel Down or the MHQ or something. Besides, he's been ordered to kill them all, not just send them all away, like he could do with Perona and the zombies.

Organizized
December 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
I don't think they'll be teleported either, because of the reason Impel Down stated. And even if he asked them where they wanted to go.. No, not likely.

And don't see why he wouldn't obliterate people. He's really powerful, he said he would obliterate, and he's called violent-kun. Good enough reason for me.

Next chapter I suppose.. Zoro fights Kuma but is overpowered, and the rest of the crew is unable to fight. Something stops Kuma from starting the massacre.

Impel Down
December 26, 2007, 01:36 PM
The rest of the crew can still fight, probably. Nami and Robin weren't damaged very much, neither was Usopp, and Sanji took less damage than Zoro. In fact, the rest of the crew in still conscious after the final attack on Moria, except for Luffy, so they should all be able to take on Kuma. Zoro was just chosen first because his bounty's higher, therefore more threat level, therefore Kuma would defeat him first, in the name of JUSTICE.

Organizized
December 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
Well, they don't seem to be in top condition if you ask me. What I meant was that they might put up a fight, but they'll go down instantly.

Impel Down
December 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
Zoro's not doing so hot either, to be fair.

Organizized
December 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
Okay, so the noone is able to defeat Kuma at the moment. That's most likely anyways if you ask me. They will probably be overpowered until they find out about his power and somehow find a weakness, which I don't expect will happen in the next chapter.

DutchPhoenix
December 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
i think zoro will use asura+ new move combination to take down kuma

Impel Down
December 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
Are you honestly saying that Zoro will defeat Kuma in less than three chapters? If so, you amaze me.

And Zoro using some kind of crazy new technique besides Asura is just kinda out there. Sure, he might use Asura and do the move he did last time, or some new defense move, but that'd he'd basically add a Gear to it to win is just too much all at once.

kestrel_78
December 26, 2007, 09:53 PM
I don't know either, but my previous 2 to 3 episode prediction seems totally unrealistic now. We all know how long a One Piece fight can last, and then there is still the wrap-up that I was expecting to see in this chapter.

Impel Down
December 26, 2007, 09:58 PM
How long an OP fight can last? There's a lot of wiggle room there. Luffy v. Lucci was like an entire volume, whereas Sanji v. ABSALOM was half a chapter...both times.

I doubt they'll even end this fight with a clear winner, so it might just be the majority of the chapter, but then Hogback or Jesus or Sogeking will come save them or something.

Crusader
December 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
I'd like to predict a few things about Morias Teleporting Power:
Basicly he is able to teleport anyone, anywhere. The only thing is, that the person to be teleportet has to imagine the place, where he wants to be (which means in fact, that you would might have been there once, so you can't 'port to unicorn since you don't know how it looks there ^^). That might be the reason Kuma always ask his question, so that his opponent imagines a place. That might be the reason, Moria thought of him as attacker when he asked that question. Could just be a rethorical question though, like "if you answer i'll send you there, else i'll send you somewhere random)
It would make Kuma a much better servant for the WG though since they could send him around a lot of places in only short time.

So what might happen: He'll ask Zoro the same question. And he will answer: "I'd be right here slicing you into pieces". Kuma answers "good answer". Then he might attack with more of his abilities, or just walk away. I think he might be the WG's Labdog, but as Moria said, he might also be the most unpredictable of all :D

I might lean a bit overboard and deny a big fight between Kuma and Zoro ^^

kestrel_78
December 29, 2007, 05:06 PM
Zoro isn't in top condition, but if he is going to take down hawkeye, who is a shichibauki, then he should be able to hold his own in this fight. As for the strawhats being tired, they always do more than they are supposed to be able to do. Most recently, when their shadows were taken, they were supposed to be out for three days. How long were they out, a couple of hours, except for Robin who was probably out for ten min. Or remember the time when strawhat lost those 100 shadows, He had to be carried to the top of the tower to be thrown at OZ. And yet, when Moria came out Luffy did gears 2 and three at the same time! So I say that Luffy isn't necessarly going to be out of the entire fight, but instead that he is only out if oda wants him to be out. Also, I am not yet convinced that the strawhats can't defeat Kuma, not in the next chapter by any means, but by the end of the fight... Although I also think that Hogback's plan might be the diversion the strawhats need to escape. At this point, with this author, who knows?

illestsaini
December 29, 2007, 09:32 PM
..... Kuma beats up Zoro... but then SogeKing comes and Kuma is about to teleport him but Sogeking puts a mirror infront and that teleports Kuma away from the SH

bax
December 29, 2007, 10:33 PM
The chapter 484 is out!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23665)!!

Kuma vs a whole bunch of pirates!! The power of his DF is astounding!! Will the Mugiwara escape his paws? What will happen next?

wing_gundam
December 30, 2007, 02:17 AM
I think Luffy will wake up!

Inkovic
December 30, 2007, 04:03 AM
Dragon will make his appearance and rescue the Strawhats.

Akainu
December 30, 2007, 06:46 AM
o.k. its time for the silliest and darkest prediction ever.
its going to be the death of the SH - all of the crew - obliterated - going to hell.
because there is none who could rescue them against the tyrant.
it won't be a 'stupid' rescue arc, but an escape arc full of fights and there is even more to win - guess who they might meet there ... first of all Ace, then Brooks crew, Bellemere, Olivia, speaking of Brook he might get back his flesh and in the end when they come back, they will be stronger.
yeah pretty fine, except that it redolent of - no not Bleach or Death Note - Dragonball or was it DBZ ? dunno. makes it unlikely in any case...

Helltroll
December 30, 2007, 07:15 AM
1. luffy willw ake up
2. kuma will tell luffe that ace is /dead/captured/drinking as cup of tea in wonderland/whatever and that blackbeard is the new samurai
3. luffy goes berserk but has noc hance against kuma
4. somehow they will get saved

these are predictions for the next 5 chapters....

cacwoody
December 30, 2007, 07:15 AM
^^^shaman king as well :D...only they actually went there by choice. well hmmm...the fact that he had already launched the attack...means that something happened in that last panel to save the SH. they're obviously not going to die so either someone popped up out of nowhere to block/nullify the attack, like one of the SH, absolom-hogback, forest pirate guys, moria, or some other random person. That IS the only possibility as of that last panel....except for maybe they actually do get obliterated and go to hell and the............ :p

Atlas
December 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
nami's been largely useless this whole arc, i suspect she'll do something like create a bunch of air pressure with her staff to counter act/mix with kuma's and it'll turn into a tornado or something that will let them escape (or itll toss everyone away, which is still kinda escaping)

Impel Down
December 30, 2007, 11:40 AM
I imagine they'll put more detail into Kuma's powers, since they're still kind of unclear on what it has to do with teleportation and whatnot.

But I guess they'll survive the explosion somehow and they'll be some kind of sign of them either being able to escape or a sign of true defeat.

Helltroll
December 30, 2007, 01:35 PM
well...about the speed of light thing...maybe kuma is using the air beyond his feet. if he is able to compress them and create shockwaves with it, he ould compress the air under his feet quickly and use a smaller version of this explosion to speed him up. and he can't be hurt by that either because he is a paw man, who can deflect every attack...

Helltroll
December 30, 2007, 01:44 PM
i mentioned this in the predictions thread earlier, but about the speed of light thing...maybe kuma is using the air beyond his feet. if he is able to compress them and create shockwaves with it, he could compress the air under his feet quickly and use a smaller version of this explosion to speed him up. and he can't be hurt by that either because he is a paw man, who can deflect every attack...

also i don't think, that putting a mirror will do anything, because kuma could surely deflect the deflected attack again....

Freakzin
December 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
what I understood from the mirror theory is that when he was gonna teleport a strawhat somewhere he`d teleport himself because of the mirror.
i can`t really comment on the chapter really it`s too much for my head, I need some closure, I mean, I need to grab like 6 - 10 chapters since the beginning of this fight to sort things out. Oda you blow me away o.O

gdupninja
December 30, 2007, 04:58 PM
After that chapter Kuma is defintely my favorite shichibauki. Im really likin the paw fruit. Zoro is not gonna beat him. Sanji nailed him in the face and he just ate that shit. Luffy wake up!

illestsaini
December 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
im sure they cant out muscle Kuma out of this seeing how they are all beat up.... they going to have to outsmart him ( Nami will come up with somthing)

illestsaini
December 30, 2007, 05:45 PM
i agree with the guy who said " nami's been largely useless this whole arc, i suspect she'll do something like create a bunch of air pressure with her staff to counter act/mix with kuma's and it'll turn into a tornado or something that will let them escape (or itll toss everyone away, which is still kinda escaping)"

Nami did save Luffy from falling in the lava in the anime against the Don with her cool ball.. i assume something similar will happen.. but then again its only a theory

nawar
December 30, 2007, 07:04 PM
maybe robin can.................ballgrab the dude!...

i mean....kuma is a dude right??

Impel Down
December 30, 2007, 08:44 PM
I dunno, his pants seem REALLY tight, so maybe she wouldn't be able to get a good grip on the material to grab one of his balls. But I really wish Franky wasn't taken out so we could have maybe seen if Coup de Vent is stronger than his Paw Attack with the air.

Maybe Robin can grab his hands and put them onto his own face...or they could use the Impact dial somehow to stop his attacks from working. I mean, it doesn't have to be used as an attack, right? It can just absorb attacks?

Impel Down
December 30, 2007, 08:47 PM
That's it, she'll freeze Kuma. Brilliant...*thought process*

ACTUALLY, she could probably use her cool and warm balls to change the flow of the air so he wouldn't be able to manipulate it as well as he usually can! That's actually very good, I'm proud of myself.

otaclub_87
December 30, 2007, 10:15 PM
or make a fatamorgana to trick kuma, and then they are escaping with sunny special solar-dock system

Impel Down
December 30, 2007, 10:41 PM
hmm...I dunno about that one. Kuma seems pretty smart, and if he can launch like a hundred of those air bullets at once, I think he'd get rid of the mirages quickly and thus find them. But, if they're in a boat, he probably wouldn't be able to reach them because of his DF, since he can't "teleport", but rather walks at light speed.

Inkovic
December 31, 2007, 12:03 AM
I still don't get why Sanji's kick didn't work.

There's got to be some trick to it. He hit him right in the head but it was like kicking steel. I thought Kuma's powers were exclusive to his paws.

jaypooner
December 31, 2007, 12:13 AM
I still don't get why Sanji's kick didn't work.

There's got to be some trick to it. He hit him right in the head but it was like kicking steel. I thought Kuma's powers were exclusive to his paws.

maybe hes like a better version of luffy. luffy can take as many hits but paw paw reflects the attacks back to you. maybe luffy will be the only one thatll be able to handle him?

Finale
December 31, 2007, 12:04 PM
I wish that more One Piece fans would join in the discussions the way Naruto's do but oh well. My prediction is that we are going to get to learn more about Brooke. Remember he said he and his crew were slaughtered by a band of vicious pirates. I think it was Kuma and his crew that did them in. We haven't seen Brooke since Kuma's been around so we haven't seen his reaction. But from previous chapters we know that Brooke doesn't go missing for no reason. Maybe as he has fought Kuma before he knows his weakness or some of his limits. But the idea of Nami countering his move isn't bad at all and I could see it working.

Impel Down
December 31, 2007, 01:07 PM
It could just be that Kuma is extremely strong, so attacks don't really phase him at all. There's also a chance that, because he has access to the WG, he could have learned Tekkai.

But maybe he can extend his power to the rest of his body, I dunno.

Freakzin
December 31, 2007, 02:12 PM
i loved the idea of them dying and going to hell, ok I admit DBZ, but i`d like them to meet the dead ones, imagine luffy meeting Gol D. Roger he says like really few words and becomes silent, which will help them further and encourages luffy, brook getting his flesh back would be kinda cool i just wouldn`t like that he`s so much cooler being a afro skeleton, so many things could happen common oda amaze me.

BoXs
December 31, 2007, 03:45 PM
I wish that more One Piece fans would join in the discussions the way Naruto's do but oh well. My prediction is that we are going to get to learn more about Brooke. Remember he said he and his crew were slaughtered by a band of vicious pirates. I think it was Kuma and his crew that did them in. We haven't seen Brooke since Kuma's been around so we haven't seen his reaction. But from previous chapters we know that Brooke doesn't go missing for no reason. Maybe as he has fought Kuma before he knows his weakness or some of his limits. But the idea of Nami countering his move isn't bad at all and I could see it working.

It's not that most of us don't want to join, but it is just pointless to predict (and we all know why XD IT IS UN PREDICTABLE). Also, OP has a lot less plot holes than Naruto or Bleach, so there is less to discuss. And since OP is not a fight oriented manga (unlike Bleach), so most of us don't like making X vs Y threads.

Impel Down
December 31, 2007, 06:29 PM
Of course you can discuss OP, still.

You can discuss how you think different systems work. You can talk about how SUGOI the last chapter was. You can try to understand how new DFs and such work. Lotta fun.

But I don't think that it was Kuma's crew who beat Brook's, since that was over fifty years ago and, well, Kuma looks like he's under 50.

Finale
December 31, 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm not saying you have to predict. Discussion threads are useful because you may not catch something or remember something that another person does. I'm not saying One Piece is better than Naruto or Bleach. That's like arguing what is the best flavor of ice cream, everyone has a different opinion.

For some reason I thought Brooke died only twenty years ago but I see it was several decades. See discussion threads are useful. Brooke may still pull something off though but who knows.

Impel Down
December 31, 2007, 06:55 PM
He said that he'd been trapped on his boat, trying to get a new rudder and his shadow, for like fifty years or something akin to that.

And Brook had best do something, since his afro is so much better than Kuma's.

Finale
December 31, 2007, 10:36 PM
Yes a skeleton with an afro is certainly a nice touch. I also can't wait to find out the secret behind Kuma's teleportation ability.

Absolutio
January 01, 2008, 01:49 AM
Maybe he can extend the power to more than his paws. And I really like the dial theory - absorbing all of the deflected damage and then inflicting it on him, a power so great even he can't take.

And the teleportation ability still is a mystery. Where did perona go? My assumption is that his book also has the power of a devil fruit.

Absolutio
January 01, 2008, 02:07 AM
I think there are still more factors to Kuma's power that we don't know.. I suspect a 2nd DF in his book or something like that. And that's how he vanished perona and teleports (if he makes air pressures in his feet, there should be paw marks left on the ground where he was standing before making the move, and since there aren't any, I don't think that it comes from the paw fruit's ability).

Freakzin
January 01, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hogback is the cientist who discovered how to make guns/objects eat Devil Fruits right?If so he is the one who gave Kuma his bible if that has DF power, maybe he`s planning on making it spit the fruit or i don`t know sabotage the bible.

Helltroll
January 01, 2008, 07:09 AM
this was a scientist from the wg, not hogback.

cacwoody
January 01, 2008, 07:53 AM
yeah seriously whered you hear that hogback was the one who discovered that? they said his name back in the post-enis lobby arc. when nami was lounging in her bikini and tapping the phone.

Freakzin
January 01, 2008, 08:02 AM
ish sorry for that, what was the name that they said after the enies lobby arc, the conversation nami heard over the den den mushi? what was the name of that cientist?

Freakzin
January 01, 2008, 09:05 AM
how much time for the next chapter to come out i`ve been wondering, anyone knows?

Luckas
January 01, 2008, 10:40 AM
Please guys, remember this is the predictions thread not the discussion thread.

gold349
January 01, 2008, 10:48 AM
No idea about when next chapter, but a shishibuki, any shishibuki are not just one chapter push over and kill quickly kind of people, they are main part of the story and the strawhats have to over come each one in order to make the journey to becoming pirate king and crew There are a certain number of shishibuki and then there is the four emperors, Moira was supposed to be on the same level as one of the emperors so his defeat was another level up for the straw hats, they all had to fight as one team to defeat Moira , no way is Zorro going to defeat Kuma on his own, i think the thriller bark crew are going to fight here and the Strawhats are going to slip away to fight Kuma another day

Luckas
January 01, 2008, 10:50 AM
I should be at least 2 week.
We got 2 consecutively double issues, double issue does not mean that we will have two chapters for that week; it means that the chapter in the double release is good for two weeks. So 2 consecutively double issues mean 2 chapters for 4 weeks and we already got both.
Shortly we have to wait a lot, unluckily :darn

puma
January 01, 2008, 11:35 AM
Very nice ch. It felt so good to see a united front for luffy again. I know they all have the nakama thing going but, this particular situation where no one is willing to give him up, almost brought a tear to my eye. Captain dearest:tem

ChristopherE
January 01, 2008, 12:10 PM
Using some form of natural distaster could.. such as freezing him or heating him up enough.

Absolutio
January 01, 2008, 12:41 PM
ish sorry for that, what was the name that they said after the enies lobby arc, the conversation nami heard over the den den mushi? what was the name of that cientist?

That would be Vegapunk.
-Sorry Luckas for keeping the "off topic", but I assume that this will end it.

Absolutio
January 01, 2008, 01:43 PM
I should be at least 2 week.
We got 2 consecutively double issues, double issue does not mean that we will have two chapters for that week; it means that the chapter in the double release is good for two weeks. So 2 consecutively double issues mean 2 chapters for 4 weeks and we already got both.
Shortly we have to wait a lot, unluckily :darn

Dam.. So no chapter this week too?! That sucks! I wonder why did it happen.. Usually there are only 2 double issues a year, right?

Caladan
January 01, 2008, 02:50 PM
Some episodes ago, there was a clash between Shanks and Whitebeard.
That clash opened a rift in the sky.
I have a feeling we will see something concerning that and what is going to happen on thriller bark. Maybe that rift will let Kuma talk with Shanks and Whitebeard. And quite possibly, kuma will be threathened by Shanks enough to let everyone go.

I do not think SH will die. That would be TOO predictable.
Then again, maybe Oda will become predictable for maybe once :)

Luckas
January 01, 2008, 04:02 PM
Dam.. So no chapter this week too?! That sucks! I wonder why did it happen.. Usually there are only 2 double issues a year, right?I believe the 2 consecutively double issues in this period is normal.

Yans86
January 01, 2008, 04:35 PM
The DF power of Kuma can really ispirate new things fot the clima attack.....pressured air...sounds cool!!!I'd really like to see Nami answer to the attack,but I was thinking...what it would be cooler???......SOGEKING and FRANKY working together,takimg the impact power with the DIAL and then rejecting it to Kuma......Do u think the dial can be the answer to Paw Paw Fruit?
However I agree with the idea that the bible is a DF's user and has a different power from Paw Paw Fruit....making the only person at the moment using 2 DF power...

Imitorar
January 01, 2008, 04:38 PM
I don't think the Bible ate a Devil Fruit. See, Kuma has teleported himself before without even taking out the Bible. So I think that the teleportation is another usage of the Paw Paw fruit. Why Kuma still had to write in the Bible to teleport Pelona, (and to attempt to teleport Moria) I'm not sure. Hopefully, we'll get some more explanations about Kuma's abilities next chapter.

Akainu
January 01, 2008, 06:55 PM
since when is dying predictable in OP?
about the DF I think somewhat diffrent now. I neither believe in a 2nd DF nor in Kuma 'flying' with his power or that he is sending others flying. I rather believe that he wants to ease peoples minds (wher would you like to go?) before he is going to evaporate them.
the only sad thing about that: following that logic there wouldn't be a perona cover story.

Impel Down
January 01, 2008, 07:15 PM
^ Why isn't that text green?

But anyway, after reading the chapter again, I saw the Ursa Shock picture and I have two comments.

1) What does "Ursa" mean?

2) If you look at the surrounding area, it doesn't look like it really did any damage but blow some debris into the air. Could it be that the attack is somehow "alternative" to just a giant air bomb?