PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 49 (ch471-481) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Xophien
September 07, 2007, 08:16 AM
Chapter 470 is out in the RTS (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17856), grab it :amuse

After you guys done drooling over the chapter... come on here to predict what will happened next in another chapter of the Thriller Bark arc :amuse

Predict away guys :thumbs

shibigoku
September 07, 2007, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't like it if Oz was defeated due to Moria being knocked out by Luffy. I want the Strawhats to defeat Oz without their captain and after that Moria gets a beating.

matrice
September 07, 2007, 11:23 AM
Next chapter will be Luffy vs Oz/Moria: they seems to be the only ones who are still standing. The arc is going to end soon, since much of the crew is fainted. I think he will kick Moria's ass, since fighting Oz seems out of the question. The fact that Moria is escaping is unimportant: he is a slow fat-ass, and Luffy can just stretch his arms to reach him, or use gear 2. I really would like to see Moria's face when he will see taht speed, or better seein gear 3 and the giant Luffy (if they fight Luffy will finish the work with the move where he send up his foot and then he smashes it on the enemy on the ground, but all has to be done with the giant foot, in gear 3 mode).

Imitorar
September 07, 2007, 12:08 PM
I think that Moria will end up calling Oz to defeat Luffy, or some other way of Luffy fighting Oz. They'll fight, which will be awesome, because Luffy will have to fight a more powerful version of himself. Plus, if that happens, we'll probably get to see Gear 3rd, which didn't get enough page-time during Enies Lobby, so it would be nice to see it used a bit here. Then Luffy will defeat Oz, and Moria will be so afraid of Luffy that he'll release the shadows. Luffy will probably then punch Moria out because he's a colossal, spineless, manipulative jerk. The other Straw Hats are done, I think. Ussop, Chopper, Robin, Sanji, and Zoro already had their fights, and I don't think Brook and Franky
will get one. Nami will wake up and will have to fight off Absalom and yes, probably Lola. I didn't think that would happen, but I also didn't think that Sanji would be defeated by Oz, so that's why. It's too bad, though. I would have liked Franky to get a good fight, it's only his second arc in the series. (Brook DID have a fight already, by the way. He just didn't win it.) And Robin hasn't fought since Skypieia, so I would have liked to see her do more then act as a strait-jacket in this arc. But the situation may yet change and Franky and Robin and maybe even some of the other Straw Hats will get to fight more. I'm not holding my breath about that, though.

pcxxy
September 08, 2007, 09:57 AM
predictions:

Luffy will *try* to find Moria.
Oz will somehow interrupt.
The fight will now become Luffy vs. Oz

We might see some of Nami, and maybe Absalom as well as Lola

I doubt the rest of the SH crew can stand back up yet, but really, they don't have a chance, although Zoro was pretty good to have cut off his tooth.

purplerose_04
September 08, 2007, 09:41 PM
hmm i'm hoping the Strawhats will get up and beat Oz, I kinda dun want Luffy to defeat him, but i definitely don't Luffy to defeat Moria first because if that is the case then it kinda suck. well.. maybe Luffy could save Nami first then beat up Moria because it will be bad that she disappear for a long time..

UchihaMadara
September 08, 2007, 10:55 PM
I Think they will probably all end up scrambling in the next chapter to find alot of salt to take Oz down with. I think it would be ironic if oz did something like

Oz: GEAR THIRD.
Oz: Behold my arm is the arm of a giant!
Ussop: You bastard your arm was always the size of a giant.

Its quite possible that Luffy and Moria wont actually fight much at all since Moria seems to be a "Strength in numbers" kinda guy and actual fighting doesnt seem like his strong suit which is why he runs alot. Maybe Oz is all that Luffy has to take down which would seem easy since hes so large he cant dodge any of gear 3's techniques.

Either way Absalom and Hogback need to be dealt with in the near future.

otaclub_87
September 09, 2007, 12:01 AM
my prediction :

the Strawhats except luffy are going to handle Oz, its true they are beaten up now.but its just not the end..i believe that they will somehow do the super combo together (waiting for nami to wake up too maybe)..i would like to see that..imagine the zorro-sanji-usopp-chopper-nami-robin-franky-brook COMBO kick Oz's ass

and luffy will absolutely defeat moria.

puma
September 09, 2007, 08:43 AM
I believe that the arc has been prolonged enough. I wish to see the rest of the gang fight oz while luffy takes care of Moira. So the arc can end and we move on to another interesting one.

Impel Down
September 09, 2007, 11:02 AM
I hope they move on to Moria v. Luffy next, because we've had like 1/2 a chapter of it, and there really can't be much more development with Mugiwaras v. Oz, it seems, unless Brook starts kickin' ass, in which case, absolutely.

Imitorar
September 09, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, it's time for a chapter or 2 of solid Luffy vs. Moria, with maybe a page or 2 for what's going on with Oz and the other Straw Hats, and Nami and Absalom. By the way, has anybody else noticed that the Straw Hats are starting to use a lot more combo attacks? The 600,000,000 Jackpot? The Robi-Cho Superplex? I think that now that the crew has 8 people, (nine if Brook joins) all with very diverse fighting styles, Oda-sensei is going to start mix-and-matching to create a bunch of combo's for groups of Straw Hats. There will be some for two at a time, for three at a time, or 5 at a time, and stuff like that, and they'll all vary based on who the people doing the combo are. There are a lot of combinations, and I hope this tendency continues, because it will make the fights where there are multiple Straw Hats at the battle field alot more interesting.

Akainu
September 10, 2007, 02:35 AM
As the Strawhats all seem to be beaten by Oz except of Nami who is still away with Absalom and Luffy who is chasing Moria the onslaught will stop for a moment.
Oz is a moron like Luffy is one. Thus he thinks he won there and goes on with his rampage searching for Nami (the last wanted one he could beat without killing himself. btw.: i think moria orderd Oz to fight the crew not the captain, did anyone understand it the same way?).
As Oz is about to harm Nami, Absalom could be changing sides at least fighting for his own interest more than for others...
And honestly, isnt Nami the only one who can beat Oz? Strength and so on cant do as we saw last chapter so its got to be brainpower and trick.

matrice
September 10, 2007, 07:31 AM
Luffy will *try* to find Moria.
Oz will somehow interrupt.
The fight will now become Luffy vs. Oz

We might see some of Nami, and maybe Absalom as well as Lola

I doubt the rest of the SH crew can stand back up yet, but really, they don't have a chance, although Zoro was pretty good to have cut off his tooth.
It would be awesome...

otaclub_87
September 10, 2007, 09:19 AM
And honestly, isnt Nami the only one who can beat Oz? Strength and so on cant do as we saw last chapter so its got to be brainpower and trick.

agree..
this thoughts comes in my mind too.
remember how nami trick lola?
i think this could be the only way to handle Oz, cause with that supreme power, that even luffy himself couldn't possibly handle.

so the only way is using brain and trick.and nami is the perfect person

Usoppking
September 10, 2007, 02:53 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Nami is maybe faking being asleep? I think that she is, and by doing so she's gonna locate the ship's Treasure Room.

geuna
September 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
I hope Nami does some serious ass kicking when she wakes, she deserves it at this point.

I almost suspect that the only way to defeat Moria will be something happening to Luffy. The shadow is released if the original owner dies, right? What if Luffy were to die for a short period, then resuscitated by Chopper shortly after? It's possibly in real life, and it would be putting Chopper's skills as a doctor to the test.

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'm fairly certain that isn't possible. Wouldn't it be better if Luffy stops Moria or if they get enough salt into Oz's body? Having Luffy get himself killed would be...kinda bad, plus his shadow would go away then, wouldn't it?

vanylla
September 11, 2007, 03:12 PM
If there is a Shichibukai close at the Strawhat-story and if he is also a bad-boy then he HAS to be defeated by luffy - thats fact!
but i think 471 can also be about all the Nami-Absalom-wedding thing again, cause absalom grabed her at all. so what's up with sanji then, he is kinda "dead" after meeting morias fist!!!

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 03:32 PM
He just...fell, and there's no way he'll die! He's the Will-o-Wisp of Love!

But it would be interesting if Nami fought Absalom, since she can't predict his locations like Sanji, nor does she have massive strength. That, and she already zapped him, so it's Oda-Style Foreshadowing!

geuna
September 11, 2007, 06:42 PM
Well, Luffy's shadow wouldn't just go away of he died, it would return, even if he's dead. ^_^' After all, it isn't really is soul, but a copy of it. I think... I just see Chopper's skills being put to the test SOMEHOW in this fashion.

And also, if the fact of "if the shadows original owner dies, the zombie also dies" still stands, I see it happening at some point. Maybe not with Luffy, but someone.

I read somewhere before that Nami might be faking sleep, though I don't really think so... There are some things she considers more important than money (even though she would never admit it), and Sanji was in very real danger at the time (especially when he got stabbed). On the other hand, Nami DOES tend to be rather cold hearted at times, and has a lot of faith in her friends NOT dying in battle... so who knows!

I think Lola is bound to show up soon, probably to stop Absalom this time. Then again, it doesn't look like he has anyone to marry them anymore. Though, it would be ironic if Lola came, Nami woke up, and then SHE married the two off. XD It would serve him right!

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 07:58 PM
That's true, Lola hasn't come back yet. She should come, slam into them, which would wake Nami up, and Nami would kick some Absalom ass. I don't really think she's faking sleep, since that doesn't really make too much sense.

scottyijoe
September 11, 2007, 08:10 PM
I'm also predicting Luffy v Oz now. He'll need to use Gear 3 to match Oz's strength. But Moria will look on and when he sees that Luffy defeats his shadow he won't have anywhere else to turn. All his subordinates will have been defeated and he himself will see he is no match. He'll probably just give up.

Nami will have to wake soon. Maybe the other SHs will recover soon as well. Most seem in pretty bad shape but I think Nami will hold her own for a bit over Absalom. At least until Sanji comes back to claim her :)

Impel Down
September 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
Eh, even now, I can't see Oz v. Luffy happening. Not only are zombies stronger than their shadow's owner, Luffy's busy with Moria. And they can't get Oz's shadow out with salt, so Luffy making Moria remove it is really their best bet at the moment. Besides, we've only had a little taste of Luffy v. Moria, and I'm burning with passion for more!

geuna
September 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
What I mean is that someone suggested that Nami might be faking sleep in order to find the treasure mentioned earlier. Speaking of which, whether Nami is faking it or not, it doesn't matter, she'll want to find that treasure before they go ANYWHERE. Though it will probably be the very last thing they do, after all the badguys are defeated.

Akainu
September 12, 2007, 02:22 AM
Luffys temporarily death would so fit the whole theme of the arc and chopper recalling him to life even more. So I think its a good thought and its possible but kinda unlikely at the moment.

puma
September 12, 2007, 05:22 AM
What I mean is that someone suggested that Nami might be faking sleep in order to find the treasure mentioned earlier. Speaking of which, whether Nami is faking it or not, it doesn't matter, she'll want to find that treasure before they go ANYWHERE. Though it will probably be the very last thing they do, after all the badguys are defeated.

You know i forgot about Nami. Its true she would want to take back treasures(lol) never out of character. She might be doing both really.that is, wake up and look for treasure while still fighting.

Impel Down
September 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
You'd think it would be a lot easier to take the treasure if she was conscious and a maniac wasn't carrying her around, making her become loyal to him forever. That, and she kind of let Sanji carry her around and stuff, and that seems unlikely.

puma
September 13, 2007, 07:16 PM
Why is it unlikely? This is manga isnt it?

knightofNI
September 13, 2007, 08:00 PM
i'm excited to see what nami willl be up to when she's awake. i hope she kicks some serious ass.

and i think the rest of the crew will either all work together to beat oz (becuase they've all tried to beat him down separately which of course, failed) or they'll try to talk sense into oz like perona (was that her name? the plate girl?) i odn' tknow. I CAN'T WAIT!

Impel Down
September 13, 2007, 08:36 PM
What do you mean, talk sense into him? I don't think they can do that, since he's on a serious berserk rampage, while at the same time totally controlled.

Imitorar
September 16, 2007, 03:56 PM
What do you mean, talk sense into him? I don't think they can do that, since he's on a serious berserk rampage, while at the same time totally controlled.

That, and they've already TRIED to talk sense into him, when they tried to remind him that he was Luffy. But if you read the last page of chapter 470, you'll see, Oz doesn't identify with Luffy at all at this point. The odds of their being able to dredge up some of Luffy's memories are slim at best. And besides, when they dredged up Cindry's memories, they were getting memories from the body of the zombie, not the soul. If they were to get memories and feelings out of Oz, they would be Oz's, not Luffy's. So I'm pretty sure that talking Oz out of working for Moria is out of the question.

Impel Down
September 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
Or copious salt, but Moria is the more clear, more entertaining solution.

Besides, the fact that Moria does not need to be defeated, but must only release the shadows, means that he can come back as a villain later on, which I think is great, since he's a Shichibukia and he shouldn't be finished off so soon.

Wolfshadow
September 17, 2007, 04:38 PM
Or copious salt, but Moria is the more clear, more entertaining solution.

Besides, the fact that Moria does not need to be defeated, but must only release the shadows, means that he can come back as a villain later on, which I think is great, since he's a Shichibukia and he shouldn't be finished off so soon.

He's a lame ass Shichibukai and should die like a dog! Or at least get his but handed to him, post haste!

Ehllychan
September 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
He's a lame ass Shichibukai and should die like a dog! Or at least get his but handed to him, post haste!

Why is it that so many people seen to find Moria to be a lame idiot? Just because he fights with Doppelman instead of his real body? most people seen to think Moria's weak for som ereason. We didn't even see his real fighting power yet, and so far, if he wasn't standing on a place where he could be reached from bellow, Luffy couldn't even touch him. Why do people hate Moria so much?

Wolfshadow
September 17, 2007, 07:36 PM
Why is it that so many people seen to find Moria to be a lame idiot? Just because he fights with Doppelman instead of his real body? most people seen to think Moria's weak for som ereason. We didn't even see his real fighting power yet, and so far, if he wasn't standing on a place where he could be reached from bellow, Luffy couldn't even touch him. Why do people hate Moria so much?

Physically weak or not, Morria's attitude is weak. He expects that the world will be delivered to him on a silver platter without him having to lift a finger himself. He relies on his subordinates, but places himself above all others. This is a weak frame of mind and I can't help but feel that he is TOTALLY LAME!!!

kal-elh
September 17, 2007, 10:16 PM
Moria is lame no discution about it. "for the time being"

I'm hoping that the SH team will manege to throw OZ into the ocean "it's big but is still a ship" (thrill bark)"that should be enough salt" and I don't think that oz manege to knock down any of the SH crew well at least not indefinitely, they will rise again uashuashuash, uh uhu .
Well the other thin that could hapen is that Nami could kick OZ ass the same same way she kick luffy's or she coul trick him but kicking his ass would be the best uashuahsuh.
[hr]
I want it every day

I meant One Piece of course aushuahsuahs
& it stinks that there isn"t this week

Ehllychan
September 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
True, I can't imagine that that beating Oz gave them would be enough to take them down. But I still can't see ANY of them taking Oz down. If even like that, none of them could do anything at all. Unless Usopp tries to shoot a bigger amout of salt this time. That could work. But if someone just beats Oz up with their incredibly strong power of awesomeness, I'm gonna be really disappointed in Oda-sensei =.=

puma
September 18, 2007, 03:42 PM

Well, someone has already argued that the Doppelman is indeed his power. I dont know if pple hate him as much as his style of fighting. Its hard not to compare him with the other powerful enemies the SH have faced. I just see him as a comic character thats all.

I predict we see some action from Nami.

Impel Down
September 18, 2007, 05:47 PM
We'd better see some Nami action. The shower scene has worn off of me, and now she needs to do something for the plot that isn't being captured...or p4wning random zombie soldiers.

As to whether or not Doppelman is his only power, Doppelman is something he can do with his power, not the sole effect of it. Good day!

kal-elh
September 18, 2007, 11:54 PM
what the hell happened to ace
I hope luffy kick moria's fat ass
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[hr]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA just something occurred to me MORIA can't actually be weak otherwise he wouldn't have a bounty above 300 nor would he be a shitibukai cuz the only reason they exist is to put fear in the weaker pirate creaw. But that doesn't make him less lame!!!
[hr]

True, I can't imagine that that beating Oz gave them would be enough to take them down. But I still can't see ANY of them taking Oz down. If even like that, none of them could do anything at all. Unless Usopp tries to shoot a bigger amout of salt this time. That could work. But if someone just beats Oz up with their incredibly strong power of awesomeness, I'm gonna be really disappointed in Oda-sensei =.=

Look what I meant is that they could do a combo ATK like zorro could cut the ground sanji could kick his leg to put him out of balance with robin's help they could make him trip and just like that and up throwing him overboard into the ocean. thriller bark is an island ship but is stil a F@&@ SHIP uashuashuash that would be possible they are quite strong.

BUT I HOPE THAT NAMI KICK HIS ASS LIKE SHE DOES WITH LUFFY!!!!

OZ I meant!!!

Ehllychan
September 19, 2007, 04:03 AM
what the hell happened to ace
I hope luffy kick moria's fat ass
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA just something occurred to me MORIA can't actually be weak otherwise he wouldn't have a bounty above 300 nor would he be a shitibukai cuz the only reason they exist is to put fear in the weaker pirate creaw. But that doesn't make him less lame!!!

Look what I meant is that they could do a combo ATK like zorro could cut the ground sanji could kick his leg to put him out of balance with robin's help they could make him trip and just like that and up throwing him overboard into the ocean. thriller bark is an island ship but is stil a F@&@ SHIP uashuashuash that would be possible they are quite strong.

BUT I HOPE THAT NAMI KICK HIS ASS LIKE SHE DOES WITH LUFFY!!!!

OZ I meant!!!

I know what you meant. And my point is, they already all tried to attack him, and even thought they didn't do it in a combo, none of their attacks did ANYTHING at all to him. So, a combo like your suggesting, in my opinnion, wouldn't work so well, since they'd have to actually hit him one at a time, without being pwned again, being already hurt, and, if Oz falls, since he's on the middle of the ship, considering how big he is, wouldn't he do a huge damage to the surroundings and problably eighter crush someone or throw someone on the sea as well?

kal-elh
September 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
I know what you meant. And my point is, they already all tried to attack him, and even thought they didn't do it in a combo, none of their attacks did ANYTHING at all to him. So, a combo like your suggesting, in my opinnion, wouldn't work so well, since they'd have to actually hit him one at a time, without being pwned again, being already hurt, and, if Oz falls, since he's on the middle of the ship, considering how big he is, wouldn't he do a huge damage to the surroundings and problably eighter crush someone or throw someone on the sea as well?

Truth but all they did was atk him randomly not a combo they were just trying to save each oder this time a meant atk. Just like they did in after they left water 7 to save robin, I meant fighting seriously they could probably do it.

Ehllychan
September 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
Oz is huge. And fast. It should be true that they could do something to him. But I can't see them winning at all this time. If Oda-sensei just randomly increases they strenght so they can beat the guy, I'm definitly gonna lose some serious respect for him.
And wouldn't a combo just be doing what they did but at the same time? What kind of combo do you have in mind?

Impel Down
September 19, 2007, 07:02 PM
Oz is (technically) stronger than Luffy, so I don't think they can beat them, themselves. Luffy beating Oz looks like the only solution here.

kal-elh
September 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
Oz is huge. And fast. It should be true that they could do something to him. But I can't see them winning at all this time. If Oda-sensei just randomly increases they strenght so they can beat the guy, I'm definitly gonna lose some serious respect for him.
And wouldn't a combo just be doing what they did but at the same time? What kind of combo do you have in mind?

I know what you mean but the bad guy will always have his ass hand to him by Luffy so it's no poin fighting over it uhasuhsau

I just know it's gonna be flashy and that he's going down one way or another but you have to admit that it would be lame if OZ was defeated by salt or by moria releasing Luffy's shadow that's wy am confident that or the remaining members of sh crew will put him to rest. Most likely Luffy himself before he can beat the crap out of morias ass.

Oz is (technically) stronger than Luffy, so I don't think they can beat them, themselves. Luffy beating Oz looks like the only solution here.

I've got my doubts about that, a car has six gears and so probably also does luffy Imagine if luffy could do a full body bone balone or some really crazy new ability. Just like the last ark they coul get serious. Don't get me wrong I think OZ is fisical the strongest enemy they have encountered so far but he must have a weakness and like someone said oda is starting to put some combo atk on the series so an all out atk shuld have some effect specially if OZ beleaves that the crew is down.

YOU SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF AN ANIME SERIES!!!

Worst case scenario NAMI WILL KICK SOME SENSE INTO OZ HEAD!!!
( that after she kicked Lion man back to his super sentai series ) uashuahsuahsuahsuahs

Imitorar
September 20, 2007, 10:24 PM
I actually agree with part of that. I think that Oz is stronger then Gear 1st Luffy, but not necessarily Gear 2nd or Gear 3rd Luffy. I think that Luffy in Gear 3rd might be equal to Oz, at least in sheer strength, though perhaps not in speed. And in Gear 2nd, he'd be equal in speed, but not in strength. So Luffy actually probably COULD take Oz. (What'd be interesting would be to see which stat he chooses to match Oz in, strength or speed.)

But the thing is, the other 7 Straw Hats and Brook COULD beat Luffy in a fight (definitely without him using Gear, possibly if he did.), if they all launched a synchronized attack. He could take probably any one of them, maybe even a set of two combined, depending on who the set of two were. (Luffy vs. Sanji and Zoro would be a VERY interesting fight. He probably couldn't take them, at least, not without great strain.) But his entire crew at once and launching synchronized attacks would be difficult for even Luffy, even if he used Gear, and he'd definitely take at least some damage. I think that all the Straw Hats and Brook attacking Oz will seriously damage him, although probably not actually purify him, unless Ussop or Franky shoots ALOT of salt into his mouth, (or the "Salty Meat" theory, but that's a different issue and depends on whether Oda-sensei wants Oz's' defeat to be comedic or not.). I think it will come down to Moria releasing the shadows, but that no matter how Oz is ultimately purified, assuming the Straw Hats get back up and continue fighting, (which seems all but certain, I really can't see what else they would do or what would be gained by them not getting up.) they will cause him some serious damage.

Nami
September 21, 2007, 09:25 AM
Chapter 471 is out in the RTS (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18628), grab it :amuse

After you have read the raws or scans, predict it away! :amuse

Ehllychan
September 21, 2007, 11:38 AM
That chapter was awesome. I just read the RAW. So Lola really was Nami's friend after all. I thought she had actually been fooled like Chopper.
But Nami didn't get to fight like I thought... that was quite disappointing. Maybe the other guys fight will compensate that, at least.

Imitorar
September 21, 2007, 01:25 PM
I think the problem is that there are too many Straw Hats for everyone to get their own fight, now. Think about it. The fights in Alabasta, when everyone got their own fight, were a lot shorter then the fights in Enies Lobby, and it was in large part due to the fact that there were two more crew-members. I think team fights and some crew-members just not getting a fight and being supporting members for the fighters instead during a certain arc will become commonplace now. Because there just won't be space for enough opponents to be created for them all to get their own fight, or time for them all to get their won fight. Not that the same guys will always get a fight and the same guys will always be supporters, of course. It'll switch off, but I think that from now on, there will always be some individual fighters and some supporters or teams.

girdab
September 21, 2007, 03:05 PM
I think we will see a combo attack of mugiwaras and more salt:)

Edited, please don't say anymore "first".

matrice
September 21, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, it's a good thing taht the straw hats are ready to fight again. I was very happy to see Nami kicking Absalom's ass. Now the final fights are all set: the straw hats against Oz adn Luffy against Moria. Well, I don't have much else to see... I hope that we will see a new gear or that Luffy will use soru like Oz (try to imagine soru + the speed of gear... this should really be freacking powerful).

pcxxy
September 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
no bragging about being first! ;)

aside from that, i predict also a SH combo attack to take down Oz... but how?

who knows, maybe he'll be amputated by Zoro (hmm gore is not really Oda's style)? or torched by Usopp, Sanji and Zoro? or just ... well i can't figure out hehe.

anyhows, it'll be a great match between the shadow of a 300M pirate and how ever much +50 belli crew =)

kal-elh
September 21, 2007, 05:33 PM
JUST LIKE I SAID THEY ARE GONA KICK OZ ASS NO ONE CAN TAKE THEM WHEN THEY ARE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maebe the marine admiral and luffy's grampa (his father probably could take anyone ) and whitebeard been the strongest pirate as they say maebe the oder emperors but thats it.
The list is probably gonna grow shorter as they grow stronger. uashuahs
[hr]

Well, it's a good thing taht the straw hats are ready to fight again. I was very happy to see Nami kicking Absalom's ass. Now the final fights are all set: the straw hats against Oz adn Luffy against Moria. Well, I don't have much else to see... I hope that we will see a new gear or that Luffy will use soru like Oz (try to imagine soru + the speed of gear... this should really be freacking powerful).

Luffy uses the gear ability to be able to stand the pressure of the rokushiki technics

soru the only one he manege to learn that we soo right.
[hr]

Luffy uses the gear ability to be able to stand the pressure of the rokushiki technics

soru the only one he manege to learn that we soo right.

kal-elh
September 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
No definitely no salt unless is the finish blow, as I said before OZ is gonna have his ass kicked maebe his gonna end up in the ocean ( zoro cut the floor sanji would kick his leg robin pull him back franky hit him with that huge thing is carrying chopper I've got no idea probably hit him as hard as hi can or the cros thing)
[hr]
One more than zorro and the others didn't actually have a fight ( only usop hi did and was a great one) I'm saying this because no one was serious up to now zorro didn't even use his bandana on the other fight.

Don't ever underestimate the SH crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maebe Nami will finish OZ of cuz shes the only SH that does beat the crap out of luffy ( that and the mousetrap on the fridge) but now they have a locker. uahsuashua

Impel Down
September 21, 2007, 06:13 PM
...interesting chapter. I guess Usopp's become Sogeking now, which is AWESOME, and Nami...defeated Absalom. So, I guess all that really IS left is Oz v. Crew and Luffy v. Moria, unless Hogback and Perona fight again, or Brook fights John, which I'm hoping for.

Impel Down
September 21, 2007, 06:14 PM
I imagine they all just do their most bad-ass moves on him to stop him from rampaging, and while that goes on, Luffy makes Moria release the shadows.

kal-elh
September 21, 2007, 08:02 PM
...interesting chapter. I guess Usopp's become Sogeking now, which is AWESOME, and Nami...defeated Absalom. So, I guess all that really IS left is Oz v. Crew and Luffy v. Moria, unless Hogback and Perona fight again, or Brook fights John, which I'm hoping for.

He probably copied the thing zorro has with his bandana so now even usopp is serious
that's gonna be really interesting.

Impel Down
September 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
Well, that, and it gave him courage and power against Perona, plus, Oz is after Sogeking, so it makes sense that he becomes that, to add to the awesome. But aw man, that was one bad-ass screen, them all walking towards him.

Ehllychan
September 22, 2007, 06:47 AM
Well, now that all the strawhats stood up again and are heading to Oz, I can't really imagine there will be much more to that fight than really them all doing some bad-ass moves on him like Impel said. Now that I think about it again, f they use something like that 600 million beri jackpot, I can't see how even Oz could resist that.
Usopp definitly will have to become Sogeking, since Oz seens to be as stupid as Luffy as to not notice they're the same person.
One thing that's also making me curious now is that thing about Perona trying to run away with the Sunny, is she really gonna do that? I wonder if they'll catch her when she's leaving or something. Nami'd problably make her tell her where's Thrillerbark's treasure room or something, if that's still... there. Like, in one piece.

Impel Down
September 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
Well, Perona said to take the food and the treasure, so she'll probably have it with her, and Nami would just take it away from her when she gets there, or when the whole crew gets there.

And 600M Jackpot is just a barrage on individual opponents, so I don't think it'd work on Oz, really, or could be used against him.

puma
September 22, 2007, 10:03 AM
This chapter is awesome! Nami and Lola will made a great team. But Absalom is not yet dead is he?
The last part of the chapter takes me back to the Enies lobby nakama stand. Good stuff.

puma
September 22, 2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah, their combo attack will do the trick, and together with OZ destroy whats left of the castle. I do hope that they defeat OZ before Moira releases the shadow, at least that will prove that their combination is totally bad-ss.

Impel Down
September 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
Well, he's certainly not dead, but he may be defeated for the time being. If I'm right about Moria and Co. coming back, he'll probably fight Nami and Sanji again, but, for the time being, Nami has probably taken him down.

Impel Down
September 22, 2007, 11:10 AM
They...really don't want to destroy Oz, just make him stop rampaging, which they'll probably do as Luffy fights Moria, until he gets his shadow released. Although, I didn't really see Brook there in the end, so maybe he really is going to have another fight.

Ehllychan
September 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
I don't think Absalom's coming back, at least not to fight. Even if he managed to stand up after Sanji beat him up, one small hit from Nami took him down this time. He's not in condition to fight anymore. I think this chapter was the last of him we'll see for a while.

Ehllychan
September 22, 2007, 12:08 PM
I didn't mean using THAT particular combo, I just remembered that as the only combo I've seen them doing. They should be able to really fight TOGETHER. But yeah, it's true, they don't wanna beat Oz, just stop him. The import for them is just to get the shadows back, not really beat up the zombie that has them. I really jsut want to see Luffy's fight against Moria now. I wonder how long will it take before they actually start beating each other up?

Akainu
September 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
I think Nami is going to have a serious fight namely with Perona. They are both up to go for the treasures and dont get me wrong, Peronas defeat was nice for Usopp but he didnt finish her off!
Luffy of course is still after Moria and I really hope they start to fight soon - that chasing became really anoying...
However - their fight is not going to be interrupted by Oz searching for Luffy (could have been) as Oz now is confronted with a bunch of really badass Strawhats.
Zoro got his Bandana on, Sanji his cig, franky the pillars which I think is pure Oda (i.e. genious) to bring them back. If you look close I think Usopp hasnt got the mask on. Dunno why but perhaps his ego built up a bit after eliminating Perona.
The Zombiegenerals and Hogback wont come back but the one I missed in the end was Brook. So either he is dead or he is faking it and will be the one to finish off Oz which would give him a shellproof place on thousand sunny!
Thats what I think might happen next - I dont think TB is going much longer now ...

Hermie
September 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
On the subject of Moria being lame, I'd definetely have to say no. Yes, he is a lazy ass who leaves everything up to other people, but that is merely... Irritating. He has a cunning and devilish personality, and knows how to achieve his goals. Oda has written him so that he is easy to hate, and you wish you could just punch in him the face. This is something he does with most of his villians, instead of the general "mwhahaha, I'm evil, I'mma take over the world!" routine, he assigns them all nuanced personalities, and each is different from the next. This, in my book, does not constitute "lame", because instead of thinking "guh, this guy is so boring" (which would be easy to think with such a personality trait), you think "man, why wont this guy shut up, I loathe him!".

To veer more on topic: As Kal-Elh boldedly and underlinedely pointed out, this guy has a 320 million beri bounty, and you just don't achieve that without doing SOME work by yourself. He is bound to have some power extended to more than what we have seen yet, and most likely a last-minute, ultimate, trumph card attack.

As for the next chapter, the SHs are definetely making a comback, so much is obvious. I'm thinking Nami might join the fray, as she now is conscious, angered, has her staff out, and is in a pretty dress. [Hermie's special 100% prediction: this dress will, in some way or another, tear and reveal more of Nami's skin.]

Since the strawhats are gathered, the other story to switch to would be Luffy, running around, Brooke, probably discovering the strength in the SHs, and/or making some character development, and Perona, making a run for the Sunny, though this might come as a plot twist later, when they are trying to leave the island.

Impel Down
September 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
Brooke probably won't just watch the SHs. That's just...lame. He's got to do something, at least fight Oz with them, or get his own GZ to battle against. As for Luffy, he's got to stop chasing at some point soon and just fight Moria.

And to Moria's power, we already saw him fight a little, and he's pretty bad-ass. Sure, Luffy got in one attack, but that was because of the unique location they were in, and Moria did a hell of a lot more damage to Luffy than he did to Moria.

puma
September 22, 2007, 05:15 PM
They...really don't want to destroy Oz, just make him stop rampaging, which they'll probably do as Luffy fights Moria, until he gets his shadow released. .

Really?, then that means they are being sentimental. Awwwww. So the real fight left now is btw luffy and moira. Cool

Impel Down
September 22, 2007, 05:54 PM
No, no they are not being sentimental. If Oz get obliterated, then that means goodbye to Luffy's shadow, I'd imagine. Or, they could just p4wn him until he falls into the ocean and drinks a whole lot of salt water.

Imitorar
September 22, 2007, 11:28 PM
Hopefully, the next 3 or 4 chapters will be two-thirds Luffy vs. Moria, and one-third Straw Hats vs. Oz, with maybe a page or two for Pelona and Nami and anything else going on. I think that the Straw Hats, now that they've tested Oz's strength and are serious, are going to be able to hold him off. Not beat him, at least, not until the very end, right before Luffy finishes fighting Moria, if at all. Luffy and Moria will fight in the next chapter, I don't see what else can happen. Nami's free, and the Straw Hats vs. Oz doesn't need the whole chapter, it can just have a third or so, like I mentioned before, with the rest being given to Luffy vs. Moria. Nami won't fight Pelona, Pelona was fought and lost. If they do meet, it will just be Nami beating the treasure's location out of Pelona, then knocking her out again or something. It won't be a serious fight. And Brook... hopefully went to take out Jigoroh or the Dogpen. (Not the generals, it seems Oz took them out permanently. I thought they'd be back by now.) He doesn't really need a fight, though. Brook vs. Ryuuma was good enough for me, but I won't complain if he gets one. And as for the Straw Hats that didn't really get a fight, e.g. Nami, Chopper, Robin, and Franky, at least the fight against Oz should make up for it. They'll get a decent fight out of that.

Imitorar
September 22, 2007, 11:34 PM
By the way, Oz isn't using Soru because of Luffy. Luffy can only use Soru in Gear 2nd, I think, that's why he created it. Oz's Soru is his own ability. Oz might have built up great speed in his body before he died, and now his zombie can utilize it. Either way, I don't think Luffy can use Soru on his own, that'd be pointless. It'd take away from Gear 2nd's usefulness and overpower Luffy a bit. I'm almost sure that it's Oz's own ability built up into the body when he was alive. We'll probably find out for sure if (and probably when) Robin tells the history of Oz. She already started to in chapter 470, so there's a good chance she'll finish in the next chapter or 2.

Impel Down
September 23, 2007, 08:22 AM
It could just be his natural speed, and they seem to be able to notice it, unlike with Soru. And since Luffy uses Gear 2nd to make his body be able to handle Soru, maybe Oz already could handle it.

Impel Down
September 23, 2007, 08:24 AM
I hope Luffy and Moria fight next, or at the very least, catch up to one another. And if Nami's going to fight Perona too, and she's already beaten Absalom, maybe she'll fight Hogback too? It would be kinda funny if she defeats all the opponents the other SHs battled against.

puma
September 23, 2007, 03:39 PM
I would like it if she did that. At least that will prove she has something else up her sleeve. It will be cool if she acquires the scary status Robin has.

Impel Down
September 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
Well, Perona's pretty much out of the picture, and Hogback never put up much of a fight. Besides, we need to see the conclusion of what went on with Cindry's body/soul.

Imitorar
September 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
That's basically what I said. The thing is, people kept saying that Oz could use Soru because Luffy could, which means that Luffy could use Soru outside Gear 2nd, but... he can't. So I'm saying that it's Oz's own ability, and he can handle it because he had the ability when he was alive. Though you're right, it could just be that Oz's body s strong enough to use the technique without needing Gear 2nd. Either way, it's because of Oz, not because Luffy can use Soru without using Gear 2nd.

Imperium
September 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
oz using soru, i just thought it was him just being very fast :oh. and if oz can use soru that would mean that luffy could use it eventually without needing gear second :oh.

Imperium
September 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
i pretty much think that the strawhats are just going to kick oz's ass, i mean they all look serious and maybe even luffy wouldn't be able to fight all them when they are all serious :oh

and i was wondering if nami will also join the group fighting oz

kal-elh
September 23, 2007, 07:33 PM
no way just move to the 472 predictions right

jjrbraves
September 23, 2007, 08:58 PM
I loved the last page when all of the crew just stood up!

kal-elh
September 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
yep probably no even him could beat zorro and sanji but he's not a giant so robin could probably hold him for them to finish him of and with oz is a litle more complicated right.

ZORRO IS GONNA BURN HIM ( that move could work but again this cainda too big for that as well so most probably we are gonna see the biggest combo in one piece history like 900 hit combo to take OZ down ) Sanji and that heat feet thing Robin with a 1000 'flor' ( how do you right that ) frnky and his thing ( tchaco don't know in english ) chopper and his cros or maebe a new and even more power full move. usop and a huge salt star.
[hr]
yo one thing what would be the fun in moria releasing luffy soul I think that they could end up defeating OZ at the same time luffy defeat moria oderwise it sucks that the entire crew lost to a single guy even if it's OZ but if they had figth with the pigeon guy they would probably have lost but I tink he is much faster then OZ I think that if they where serios they could have dodged his atk's.

kazamakj
September 24, 2007, 12:37 AM
Perona's out of it. She's running away. Absalom was on his last legs and only his pervertness was keeping him standing. Hahahah owell now he has a long tusked wild boar on top of him. He's gone too. I do hope they show Moria against luffy but i doubt it. It will be the straw hats trying to find a way to fight Oz the next chapter.

Ehllychan
September 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
Next chapter seens like it'll only be the strawhats vs Oz. I honestly hope they beat him up soon because 1. I don't really like Oz and 2. I wanna see Luffy fight Moria, dammit!
I really doubt it'll be shown whaht happened to Hogbakc and Cindry, althought I'm sure he's not dead because nobody dies in One Piece (specially not crushed by a bunch of bolders). They didn't show what happened to any other antagonists before in their own sagas. Oda-sensei usually shows them later in the covers' mini-arcs. I think that's what will happen here too.
Absalom is K.O.ed already, it was a miracle he got to stand up enough for Nami to beat. And Perona's definitly out of the fighting, althought she might still have some participation on this arc's ending. She's running away with their ship and the treasure, so she's still gonna show up for something, but I seriously doubt she'd be involved in any more fights. And in my opinion, I really think she'd run away by herself if she saw Usopp again. She's scared for life already.

puma
September 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
And Perona's definitly out of the fighting, althought she might still have some participation on this arc's ending. She's running away with their ship and the treasure, so she's still gonna show up for something, but I seriously doubt she'd be involved in any more fights. And in my opinion, I really think she'd run away by herself if she saw Usopp again. She's scared for life already.

I never imagined that Usopp will get someone to be terrified of him(lol). That will over-inflate his ego.

Sadly, It really looks as if it will be SH and Oz for the next chapter. But I predict the begining of luffy and Moira's fight at the end of the chapter.

KuwabaraTheMan
September 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
I'm expecting a badass chapter of the Strawhats taking on Odz, with lots of awesome attacks and combos. Hope to see Usopp play a key role in all of this.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
It was half-letdown, since I'd thought we'd moved beyond them fighting Oz, but the other half was all, "SH, SH, SH!"Hopefully, now it'll be more bad-ass, fighting Oz at full power.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
Throwing it out there: Since they've gotten serious now, do you think we'll see Asura and Diable Jambe again?

Pipio
September 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
Throwing it out there: Since they've gotten serious now, do you think we'll see Asura and Diable Jambe again?

don't think so, asura and the jambe were more for 1 on1s. Since this is a team effort, all of them will make a new move together to pull it off.

Kind of hope this ghost girl joins the straw hat pirates, shes funny lol.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 09:07 AM
I don't see how those moves can't be used in a group effort. The point is that they just beat the shit out of Oz (but not kill him), and moves like that would, well, do just that. Besides, fire is a zombie's weakness.

Pipio
September 25, 2007, 09:24 AM
well diable jambe and asura were used as a serious fight in 1 on 1, they wouldn't do those moves most likely in a battle where its 5 on 1 or so. The last panel for 471 seemed to show how team work is gonna make them beat oz so i think that they we'll show something using there moves all together. but thats just my opinion /shrug

Imitorar
September 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
It might happen. I can actually see Diable Jambe being used and Asura not being used, because Diable Jambe doesn't affect how Sanji looks or anything, it's just the same attacks, only with an added strength boost of being hot as hell. (Yes, pun intended.) But Asura is a whole different way of fighting, and I can see how Zoro using that in a 6 on 1 fight might get in the way and hurt the other Straw Hats. It's hard to use 9 swords effectively and be careful of not killing your crew-mates and the same time, and caution won't win fights against zombies. See: Brook vs. Ryuuma. That said, I think that if one is used, the other will be, simply because whichever one uses the attack second won't be able to bear being outshined by whichever one used the attack first and his awesome new move. I can see them being used, but late into the fight. If the Straw Hats get another good beating or too, or if they see that they aren't making any progress, then I think that Sanji and Zoro will use Diable Jambe and Asura respectively. And then Ussop, Robin, Chopper, and Franky might use some of their more advanced techniques too, but chances, are, they'll just stay out of the way and let the Monster Trio fight it out amongst themselves, if it came to that. Which would actually, be awesome, because we'd have Sanji and Zoro having to work together again. But I can see it not happening that way, and the other crew-members still fighting with them even if they use Diable Jambe and Asura respectively, so I think there's a good chance that if they are used, we won't get to see Sanji and Zoro having to work together again. This is supposed to be a team fight, and the Monster Trio shouldn't be allowed to dominate.

I desperately hope that Diable Jambe and Asura aren't used too soon, if they're used at all. I don't want things like Gear, Diable Jambe, and Asura to become like Super Saiyan, where instead of being a final technique used only in the most serious of fights, and even then, only when nothing else works and regular strength just CANNOT do the job, it becomes the default for all fights, and fights begin to start off by the Monster Trio taking their power-up forms. That annoyed me alot in the Buu Saga, the "cheapening" of Super Saiyan, and I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the power-ups in One Piece. Oda-sensei has learnt alot from Dragon Ball's strengths, let's hope he's learnt enough from it's weaknesses to know what not to do.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
Well, they've been saving it for a powerful opponent, and Oz is a majorly powerful opponent.

As for Asura control, he seemed to able to use it pretty proficiently against Kaku.

Imitorar
September 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
Like I said, I can see them using it, I just hope next chapter doesn't start off with them using it, but they only use it after they get beaten up a bit more or make no progress, if at all. I'm not saying they shouldn't use it, I'm saying that they should wait until it's absolutely sure that their usage is necessary. And Oz is strong enough for it to actually BE necessary, but not at this point in time, they haven't tried everything else yet, so it's not time for them to use their last resort techniques. Yet, at least.

And I know Zoro could control Asura well when he fought Kaku, but he didn't have to worry about killing other people then. With all the Straw Hats jumping around and attacking Oz, it'll be a lot harder to keep all 9 swords out of people's bodies then it was just using them against Kaku. Fighting in crowded areas is harder if you're a good guy because you can't just fight and not worry if you kill someone who gets in the way, you need to make sure nobody gets in your way. But Diable Jambe is still just one leg, not 3. Though again, I said that one being used and not the other is unlikely, if only because the one who didn't use the technique first won't wanna be shown up and will use it then.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 02:50 PM
Well, no, it probably (hopefully) won't start with them doing, just them being bad-ass fighting, or we won't seem them start the fight at all, we'll just see Luffy v. Moria.

As for Asura, when Zoro used it, it wasn't like blades went all over the place, it was clear that all the streaks of the blade hit Kaku dead on, and the way he used it, it wasn't like a huge wiping attack, it just opened up at one point on the enemy, causing 9 slashes. Stand in front of Oz directly, like get close, and the SHs will have nothing to fear.

And throwing it in there, I still think they'll lose, or at least not win. It'll be a good initiative for Luffy to up the anty and kick Moria's ass.

D00m46
September 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
For a Shichibukai, Moria doesn't seem like much of a built up character. I mean, the Alabasta arc lasted forever, and Crocodile is the series' longest running main vilain. He nearly killed Luffy several times before he was finally taken out. So why is Moria seem like such a short lived vilain. All of his forces seem decimated, aside from Oz, and the arc really does seem like its wrapping up. But it seems too soon for a Shichibukai to be taken out after appearing just at the beginning of the arc.

Then again, this arc has been so weird, its next to impossible to tell what will happen next.

Ehllychan
September 26, 2007, 05:44 PM
Alabasta is totally different form Thrillerbark. They aimed for Alabasta and went there to save the country from Crocodile because of Vivi. In Thrillerbark's case, they just happened to get there and are only interested in getting their shadows back and getting out of there. Luffy is only fighting Moria because he wants everybody's shadows to return and since it's Luffy, if he can do that by kicking somebody's ass, he will. There's no deep meaning to this fight like there was to the one in Alabasta.

Impel Down
September 26, 2007, 06:07 PM
Thriller Bark is nothing like Alabasta. Alabasta was a fantasic arc, very long, tons to offer to the story line, and more history and development, not to mention tons behind it, since the beginning of the Saga, practically. The only real reason people are comparing the arcs is because both have a Shichibukai.

kal-elh
September 27, 2007, 09:04 AM
asura pound ho ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that would be cool

Impel Down
September 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
....Never thought of that until now. That would be...like...*math math math math* 324 Pound Cannon. I think that may actually destroy Oz...and that's probably not a good thing. But it would make a good final move to use against Mihawk...

bax
September 28, 2007, 12:21 PM
Aye matey!! Attention pirates!! One Piece 472 is out now <33 Get it while it is fresh HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18978)!!

The battle continues.... SH Crews vs Oz... And Kuma??? What he's doing on Thriller Bark? :blink

You guys read it.. you guys know it.. It's prediction time :amuse
Predict away guys :)

Astral_Shive
September 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
I think that Kuma came to Moria ship because he want to announce that they have new Schubaiku or whatever you call....
later on will be flashback what happened after banaro island .......

hmm that look like i'm sure that blackbeard deafeat Ace...
BECOUSE im sure :P!
:D
and explenation how this happened will maybe also be in the end

About strawhats i think that they will defeat OZ
Comon..... major characters always win in the end :D

And maybe they will show some Luffy MOria fight..?

kal-elh
September 28, 2007, 05:10 PM
DUDE NOW IT'S TIME FOR MORIA TO HAVE HE'S ASS KICKED

HEI don't talk like that it was probably a tie and because ACE was alone and BB had his crew they captured him and the next arq will be about rescuing ACE froam the WG that's what I think ( I believe that oda would not leave sush a rich character die or disapear so as he's Luffy broder he together with shanks and WB ( maebe Dragon ) will manage to rescue him before it's to late ( they say mariners like public executions )

BUT IF THIS GUY IS THERE TO ANNOUNCE A NEW SHITIBUKAI THEN ACE IS ALREADY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT GIANT GATE

THAT WOULD SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkDragon
September 28, 2007, 06:26 PM
The bible guy at the end looked familiar, Does anyone know where we saw him from?

Absolutio
September 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
the bible guy is Kuma the Shichibukai..
This was one very badass chapter!!!! xD

Dice
September 28, 2007, 07:14 PM
Awesome chapter, very amusingXD....I really loved it...."no, that would be too embarrassing" or "robo warrior "giant emperor""...and the cliffhanger with kuma....simply great^^

Astral_Shive
September 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
So you're trying to say that Ace is alive and now they will go rescue him?
hmm damn.....that will be nice really......:D

but they dont know how to go there becouse log shows another island so i how will they get to Impel down....??

If they will go to that Huge gate in water 7 that will be like going back...and Oda dont do that .......

DrunkDragon
September 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
Hahaha, yea that was a great chapter. Especially those parts XD

purplerose_04
September 28, 2007, 08:02 PM
damn wat an awesome chapter.. haha i love it when they guys did the Pirate Docking Six ahahah.... i didn't think Franky was that kinda of idiot as well.. hahaha.. i just love it and wow the Bear show up.. does that mean they gonna fight two shichibukia now.. hmm.. well but who can fight him though.. Luffy too buzy w/ Moria and the gang they are kinda occupy as well.. damn wat will happened next cant' wait..

kal-elh
September 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
yep that would be a hell of an arq and they would probably be helped by ( WB, Shanks or Dragon ) doesnt seems that far from something that you would expect in the one piece universe

maYbe Luffy could join foces with his dad and go against the WG to do that ( it's Luffy so it's hard to predict but I'm sure that if he find out that his broder if in trouble he'll go help so I believe that the next arq is dedicated to the rescue of ACE

kal-elh
September 28, 2007, 09:08 PM
this was a great chapter and I'm expecting alot from the next one so his bether not disapoint me

SH X OZ round II

SUUUUUUUUUGUEEEEEEEEEE

HE IS PROBABLY NOT INTERESTED IN FIGHTING THE SH WHY WOULD HE GO TO ALL THIS TROBLE

( HE WENT THERE JUST TO HAVE TEA ) uashuahsuashuahsuahsuh

scottyijoe
September 29, 2007, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure why Kuma is there. Perhaps to report news for the World Government but it is too hard to predict. But I don't think he will help Moria at all. He won't get involved.

This will mean that he will report Moria's loss to the Government though. This should also mean that all the SH's bounties will increase.

Lastly the arc will be coming to a finish soon. I'm confident we'll see some Luffy v Moria next week.

Ehllychan
September 29, 2007, 07:02 AM
Hoping there'll finally be some Luffy vs Moria after this. So, Oz still DOES have Luffy's personallity after all... That's gonna be a hard one to beat, it's usually their personalities that makes the main characters so invincible in shonen mangas, and Oz's still over 500 times bigger than Luffy, no matter how you look at him.
So now I kindda get why is Perona so darn scared. If she joined Moria for fun and suddenly her life is in danger after more than 10 years without worrying about a thing, that makes sense.
Now, I'm off to download the scanlation and see how the guys translated the chapter this time. Time to test my japanese again. Wished japanese was as easy to learn by yourself as english was.........

kal-elh
September 29, 2007, 07:07 AM
well I hope ECA defeated BB because BB didn't seem that strong

about their bonties I think they'll remain like this until the end of the next arq

only chopper has his bontie increase ( but 50 is soo cool ) uashuahuashuash

jhep
September 29, 2007, 08:44 AM
hey all! what a chapter ! a great fight with the whole crew plus jokes plus a race against the clock (before losing their ship:s) plus an important super strong guy's arrival... fiuu
i doubted it first (because luffy's GEAR 3rd was so fit to fight a giant) but now i know that the straw hat will defeat oz on their own, and luffy will only fight moria.
i'm also pretty sure that kuma came to thriller bark to FIRE moria from the shikibukai because he wants to rule the world and uses unethical technology, and this way luffy won't become so much more trouble than he already is : imagine him getting even bigger bounty while he has already reached the shikibukai's level... he would and up quickly with 1000M over his head which would be a bit silly, even the world governement couldnt afford such a ridiculous price...
[hr]
ah and about ace, why do you think that luffy would have to help him ? ace and luffy have always gone seperate ways and i dont think that ace would even accept help from his LITTLE brother (i wouldnt :p i got ego ^^) anyway luffy is headed to the siren island next...

puma
September 29, 2007, 10:45 AM
Wow chapter. I guess we fans have more funny and powerful combo attacks to look forward to in the future. I admit, i was eager for the SH to kick Oz's .ss, but now, I kinda feel sorry for him and hope he gets to toss them around after.

puma
September 29, 2007, 10:53 AM
Dont know what kuma is there to do. But it is possible that his presence will cease most of the fighting (but not the stealing) and maybe luffy gets to hear some news.....

Why wont luffy help ace? This is not a question of whether they have gone their separate ways in the past, following luffy's character, I dont think anything will stop him from going to help his bro(assuming ace is still alive) whether ace is in support or not.

I believe the reason why ace would not want luffy's help will be bcos of concern for luffy's safety more than an ego problem.

Kaja
September 29, 2007, 02:48 PM
Hummh... just when you think you have a good idea of how an arc is going to end, Oda pulls another surprise and it suddenly becomes impossible to predict again!!

Well, it looks like Luffy and Moria’s fight is going to be interrupted. I don’t think Oda will leave us hanging and continue the Oz fight, so the chapter will probably start with Kuma (and Perona?) Then, the story will shift to Luffy & Moria, who by that time will have hopefully stopped playing tag. We might see a glimpse of the others, but it will be short.

Now, as to why Kuma is here… :blink As others have suggested, it’s possible that he has news about Ace and Blackbeard, but why would he take the trouble to go himself and find Moria’s ship just to tell him that? So far the Shichibukai have proven to be everything but united, and whatever Kuma can learn from the Government, Moria can learn it too, and without his help. Whatever it is, it must be something urgent, or personal, or both. Or maybe it’s actually about Luffy, but … arg. I have no idea. :darn

Why wont luffy help ace? This is not a question of whether they have gone their separate ways in the past, following luffy's character, I dont think anything will stop him from going to help his bro(assuming ace is still alive) whether ace is in support or not.

It's up to Ace's own nakama to rescue/avenge him, not to Luffy - they are rivals, after all.
Well, it's hard to predict what he'll do, but I don't really think Luffy will try to look for his brother - sure, he won't be happy but it seems to me that they trust each other to be strong enough to survive on their own. Ace didn't get involved in their fight against Baroque Works when they met and Luffy wasn't all that curious about 'the guy' he was looking for, either.
And besides, outside of natural 'brotherly concern', wouldn't they feel ashamed, getting rescued by each other? As I said above, they're not nakamas and if you look at Garp, who clearly isn't that much concerned over the fact that his son and grandsons are world-known criminals, (and Dragon, who actually approves of Luffy’s choices ^^) it’s obvious that being independent is something very important, in their family ^^

(and btw, please forgive my English – it’s not my first language ^^)

puma
September 29, 2007, 05:06 PM
Your English is Ok.

I understand what u mean by independence. I just seem to recall before their fight that Ace became more pissed when he learned that BB was gonna go after luffy. Even if Ace ws not sent to kill BB, I dont believe he would have let BB just slip by after he learnt of his intentions towards his bro (even though they are not nakama). His father also helped him out at loguetown.

Talking about shame, luffy's family seem not to care too much about that:amuse .

But just as you said, its hard to predict.

Absolutio
September 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hoping there'll finally be some Luffy vs Moria after this. So, Oz still DOES have Luffy's personallity after all... That's gonna be a hard one to beat, it's usually their personalities that makes the main characters so invincible in shonen mangas, and Oz's still over 500 times bigger than Luffy, no matter how you look at him.
So now I kindda get why is Perona so darn scared. If she joined Moria for fun and suddenly her life is in danger after more than 10 years without worrying about a thing, that makes sense.
Now, I'm off to download the scanlation and see how the guys translated the chapter this time. Time to test my japanese again. Wished japanese was as easy to learn by yourself as english was.........

Yea.. I too understand why Perona is scared. "Kakroches" attacked her! :p
Where are you learning Japanese from?

kal-elh
September 29, 2007, 08:03 PM
sincerely oda wouldn't kill such an important character ( and people don't die in one piece ) ( only before the history started ) that's common sense like the falcon guy on alabasta

that is what I beleave I also think the next arq will be all about saving ACE and I think that the SH crew wont be alone ( WB, Shanks Dragon " Ace is well connected" )
[hr]

It's up to Ace's own nakama to rescue/avenge him, not to Luffy - they are rivals, after all.
Well, it's hard to predict what he'll do, but I don't really think Luffy will try to look for his brother - sure, he won't be happy but it seems to me that they trust each other to be strong enough to survive on their own. Ace didn't get involved in their fight against Baroque Works when they met and Luffy wasn't all that curious about 'the guy' he was looking for, either.
And besides, outside of natural 'brotherly concern', wouldn't they feel ashamed, getting rescued by each other? As I said above, they're not nakamas and if you look at Garp, who clearly isn't that much concerned over the fact that his son and grandsons are world-known criminals, (and Dragon, who actually approves of Luffy’s choices ^^) it’s obvious that being independent is something very important, in their family ^^

(and btw, please forgive my English – it’s not my first language ^^)

sory I can't agree whit you because luffy will always be his broder so that will never change and he will do everithing in his power to help they don't consider themselves rivals at least not the kind of rival that would be glad to lose the competition.

kal-elh
September 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
what makes japanese difficult is the alfabet ( they have like 3 of them )

now is time to wait for chapter 473 crap another week

pcxxy
September 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
i also believe that Ace is alive, but he's probably in troubles of some sort, most likely taken into custody by the world government.

Predictions:
- Round 2 of Oz vs SH crew -> Winner = Oz, until Nami joins.
- Luffy vs. Moria (plz Oda sensei, it's about time ;p)
- Kuma saving Moria's butt + delivering the news to Luffy & Moria about Ace and BB.
- Jigoro & Dogpen might show up (at least I really want them to, it's gonna be fun watching those two)
- Some mentioning of 'time' because the sun's gonna come out soon.

More distant predictions:
- Luffy rescues Ace. On second thought, Ace could be imprisoned by BB, because he has value in luring Luffy out. This means we'll see Luffy vs. BB
- We might see some of WB's crew too hehe, who knows.
- Mermaidland is going to be where this all takes place, as BB is waiting for them there.

last one:

- All/some of the above are wrong! coz Oda sensei is unpredictable.

now i'm bound to have something right! =)

scottyijoe
September 30, 2007, 12:06 AM
If Kuma is going to talk about Blackbeard then it will have to be about his inclusion into the Shikibukai. And if that is the case that will mean that Ace has already been defeated. There will be no help that Luffy can offer him.

The other bit of news he might deliver is the outcome of Whitebeard's and Shank's meeting. I'm personally thinking it isn't either of the above but something between the two of them. Or maybe World Government information or plans.

I'd love to see Kuma's abilities regardless. Although I'm not hopeful. Still can't wait to see where all this is going.

ax999
September 30, 2007, 12:16 AM
we saw him earlier when the world goverment had a shikibukai meeting to discuss crocodile's replacement along with the flamingo guy.

jaypooner
September 30, 2007, 01:51 AM
did anyone notice the bible in kuma's hand? i thought that was a little relevant because of how priests are brought in to purge ghosts and stuff, and how moria is a commander of ghosts. but then again, the two are supposed to be allies, but who knows. it sounds kinda off topic but i think it would come up later on.

that rescuing ace arc seems very likely, and i like the idea of the whitebeard crew joining forces with the strawhats to save luffys bro.

ahfei
September 30, 2007, 03:49 AM
moria is a commander of ghosts? Since when?

scottyijoe
September 30, 2007, 03:50 AM
Kuma had a bible in his hand with the meeting at the Navy way back too. According to his wiki article
due to his apparently reserved disposition and the fact that he is invariably seen with a large bible, Kuma is likely modeled after Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts, a gentleman pirate known for his religious obstinacy.

Still I like the idea of Kuma being being the opposite of what Moria is. It suits so well. Very well picked up on.

And I can't see Whitebeard joining the SHs. There is no way Whitebeard would allow it. He is a very powerful pirate with a very powerful crew. He wouldn't need Luffy's help at all. And he sent Ace out on his own in the first place. He wouldn't rescue him. Ace would have to prove he is worthy of being a Commander in Whitebeard's crew.

kal-elh
September 30, 2007, 09:31 AM
I don't think Nami would change anything unless she came up with an strategic solution
ACE is definitly in trouble ( the problem is that we are talking about something that ODA did "so the guy is even crazier than me uahuashuash" but it's time we find out what happened to ACE "BB is irrelevant" )

It suks that we all came to think that ACE lost but given the circumstances is hard not to.

I HATE THIS what the fuck happened to the fight between WB and Shanks

pcxxy
September 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
True, I agree that WB probably won't be joining forces with Luffy to take down BB. I only thought that they might bump into each other sometime soon, at the same time too.

Well, true, Nami probably can't do much haha, I wonder who will help the SH crew get Sunny back... any guesses on this one? I don't suppose Kuma will fight Perona. But if they do fight, maybe this BibleMan is also immune to those pessimghosts? ;p

aile
September 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
suddenly this speculation just popped from my head :

its about BB & ace ; i don't think that the future arc is about saving ace, in addition, i also think that BB lost the fight, and tho one that become replacement for crocodile's position is ace.... reasons ? for getting information from the WG. (well, he did infiltrate the marine before, acting as one of their captain just for information. so why not sending BB to the WG for taking the sichibukai position ? and all sichibukai members are pirates( or formerly pirates)

gold349
September 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
like the team work, they all can work together when there is need, can overcome the biggest of threats, but just imagine oz goes gear second and third that would be the end of the strawhats

Akainu
September 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
that would be pretty much Oz end. sry, but dont you remember that Luffy can only withstand gear2and3 because of his rubberbody? and even then he is shortening his lifespan (which leads me to the conclusion that he wont use it unless in grave danger).
but yeah you're right with the teamwork - wonder whether they are planning the working stuff the robo-gag was planned but wasnt good for more than a laugh.

btw.: did you see the little bit of a flashback on page 17? Is it possible that while the others fight is shown another one has already started?

Akainu
September 30, 2007, 02:09 PM
My bet is still on Nami for kicking Peronas ass, they are both after the treasure arent they?
Also where is Brook ? we havent seen him for 2 chapters but unlike Luffy he is in the very same place where the action takes place.
About Kuma I think hes got 2 functions. I think he will use Perona as a guide to Moria which will keep Sunny where it is and once he is with Moria he will play a role in releasing the shadows. I dont really care about the issues hes got with Moria - its cool enough to have him there.:darn

furio69
September 30, 2007, 03:58 PM
is nt shanks helping luffy more plausible then wb or dragon...

DrunkDragon
September 30, 2007, 04:42 PM
yea the part about the Robot warrior was laughs, but if that was tactics 15 what are the 14 other? Makes one wonder doesn't ^_^

Ehllychan
September 30, 2007, 05:10 PM
Yea.. I too understand why Perona is scared. "Kakroches" attacked her! :p
Where are you learning Japanese from?

Been taking lessons for about a year, but what I learn there is mostly reading. About 90% of the grammar and vocabulary I know comes from animes. and I suck with kanji, since I'm still starting to learn it, so I can only read One Piece because it has furigana for absolutely everything. Even the most retarded kanji.

I wonder what exactly was that formation of them supposed to do if it was completed..... huh....

pcxxy
September 30, 2007, 08:04 PM
suddenly this speculation just popped from my head :

its about BB & ace ; i don't think that the future arc is about saving ace, in addition, i also think that BB lost the fight, and tho one that become replacement for crocodile's position is ace.... reasons ? for getting information from the WG. (well, he did infiltrate the marine before, acting as one of their captain just for information. so why not sending BB to the WG for taking the sichibukai position ? and all sichibukai members are pirates( or formerly pirates)

Well if Ace can beat BB, then Shanks wouldn't be so worried.

O wait, you could be right and Shanks could be wrong. haha.

UchihaMadara
September 30, 2007, 09:25 PM
Its Possible that Kuma was given the order to remove Moria because the WG was suspicious of him, and he shows up as Luffy finishes him off and Kuma does something like:

"For saving me the trouble i will share some information with you."

darkband
September 30, 2007, 10:22 PM
Predictions for the next chapter:

1. Perona gets jumpy and has her ghosts attack Kuma. Kuma then decimates her and her ghosts and stuffed zombies without showing us how. He then goes looking for Moria.

2. Oz gets back up to fight and Zoro says something like, "How about we finish this off now"

3.It goes to Luffy vs. Moria where Moria finally runs out of room to run. End chapter.

Predictions for Beyond next chapter.

1. As to what Kuma is therefore I think he is there to tell Moria about Blackbeard and/or remove Moria as a Shichibukai.

2. He tells Luffy what happened with Blackbeard and Ace, and that he's waiting for Luffy at the mermaid island.

3. Next arc is rescue Ace, who is just bait, while having fun on the island.

pcxxy
October 01, 2007, 01:40 AM
hmm for some reason, i think your predictions made perfect sense!

i guess someone finally cracked da Oda code ;p

matrice
October 01, 2007, 08:28 AM
Wow, they just kicked Oz's ass... Now I can already see Moria's crew seeing the huge zombie totally defeated: they will really be scared then. Now, with the arirve of another Shichibukai, the situation is particularly difficult. Maybe the bear-like man will arrive just in time for seeing a beaten up Moria surrender and free all the zombies. This will only happen after Oz's defeat, because the crew has to prove itself on a straight fight, and winning without a real knock-out should be kinda uncool.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 08:31 AM
*Finishes reading Ch. 472*

!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!

Kuma is here? KUMA is here? Probably the biggest plot twist this whole arc, not including Brook showing up.

That, and I don't see what Oz being knocked down will do, except maybe he can't get up now.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 08:32 AM
I imagine the crew will discuss what to do now, Kuma will probably keep asking for Moria and maybe obliterate some zombies ("Only Jesus may return from the dead!") and...I guess Luffy can find Moira.

kal-elh
October 01, 2007, 10:42 AM
KUMA is actually cool for a guy how walk around with a bible under his arm.

But I don't think that he will help moria ( if that happened it's gonna be really hard even for Luffy with the gear on ) not really sure what might happen

!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!

Kuma is here? KUMA is here? Probably the biggest plot twist this whole arc, not including Brook showing up.

That, and I don't see what Oz being knocked down will do, except maybe he can't get up now.

DUDE THAT WOULD BE SO FUNNY . he could force to break the buildings and end up in the water

kal-elh
October 01, 2007, 10:46 AM
dude lets not talk about religion

but that would be kind nice, what would he do in that situation ( KUMA )???

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 11:06 AM
I'm not giving religious feelings, I'm just thinking of ways that the fact that Kuma carries around a bible might be used.

And we don't know much about he powers (none), so maybe he'll do crazy shit off-screen.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 11:07 AM
Considering Moria is trying to be the Pirate King, I doubt he's trying to help.

And that would be funny, Oz falling into the ocean, so Luffy gets his shadow back and Oz's body is gone forever.

Akainu
October 01, 2007, 11:33 AM
Why is it that most people think of Jesus when talking about the bible?
there is also a pretty violent part about murder, menace and much more which would unfortunatelly fit the brute force of a bear ;)

Imitorar
October 01, 2007, 01:14 PM

!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!

What about... Laboon...? Though I'm surprised you aren't ranting about how it isn't Doflamingo. As for me, well, it was nice to see the Straw Hats combo attacks. Lots of characterization in this chapter, since we got to see who works well with who. Franky especially goes well with Ussop and Chopper, and probably Luffy, because him and Ussop are very inventive and good at actually inventing the stuff tey come up with, and Chopper has alot of knowledge too, to help them create stuff, and Chopper and Luffy are naive enough to try ANYTHING those two come up with, along with Franky and Ussop. As Ussop said, "LUFFY WOULD HAVE DONE IT!" And we got to see Sanji and Zoro work together again after all.:love Though it wasn't quite how it was last time...

I'm thinking that next time, WE'RE GONNA FINALLY SEE MORE LUFFY VS. MORIA! (There's nothing else to happen. Nami's free. Oz is down at the moment.) Well, a few pages of whatever Kuma is doing, of course. I'm almost sure it has to do with Bannaro Island. I like the theories that say that he's there to tell Moria that Blackbeard has become a Shichibukai, but I don't think that's all of it. See, since Kuma knows what Moria's doing on Thriller Bark, odds are, he's probably privy to Moria's plans. Perhaps he really did come to depose Moria, or maybe... They're working together! They're opposites, one messes with souls, one is a Christian who carries his Bible with him at all times, one is a creep, one seems rather nice, for a Shichibukai. And I doubt that the World Government would know about what Moria's doing on Thriller Bark, with the zombie army, so since Kuma knew where Thriller Bark was, and he wasn't shocked by the zombies, he probably knows what Moria's doing there, and came to help him now that Oz is complete or something. Either way, I don't think he's there to depose Moria. I think he's there to tell Moria about Bannaro Island and Blackbeard's appointment (meaning that Luffy will probably end up finding out now too.) and that he's come to helpt Moria with his plans for defeating whoever that guy was, don't remember right now.

pcxxy
October 01, 2007, 01:18 PM
should we start guessing?

Hypothesis 1:
Kuma has a Logia type Devil Fruit ability, who is capable of producing holy light with healing abilities and strong vs dark evil forces, kinda like acolytes/priest/cleric/healer/white mage (yeah, i'm an RPG game addict). Plus he has tons of brute force. So he's kinda like a powered up version of Enel. ;p

Hypothesis 2:
He has a parmacia (however you spell that) Devil Fruit ability. He was born a bear, and happen to be Chopper's distant cousin. Then the fruit he ate could transform him into a man-bear (it can't be a man because each DF is unique, or so says Oda-sama). If you've seen southpark, then you'd know there are such things because there are also crab-men. So what we're seeing is a man-bear-bear, or bear-man-bear. ;p

Hypothesis 3:
He has no DF ability, born looking like a bear because his Dad is a bear and Mum, human (eww). Because he's genetically a mutant, he has superpowers you would see in movies like X-Men. He is carrying a Bible because he belives God can reverts him back to either just a bear or a man. ;p

ok, i'm just BS'ing here.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 01:29 PM
I don't think he should be a Logia, personally. I've had it with Logias for a while now, and the idea of holy light just seems, well, a tad bit silly.

For you second theory, it would be Zoan, first off, and how can Chopper be cousins if he's a bear and Chopper's...not. And for a Shichibukai to have a zoan that's NOT carnivorous seems odd to me, since the strongest Zoans are carnivorous, according to Choppy.

The third idea is pure no.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 01:31 PM
Laboon was spoiled to me before I read that chapter, so I say it doesn't count. And this fits more than it being Donflamingo, since he wouldn't go (but it would be nice if it was him).

And yes, the fight was totally cool. Nice to see Chopper use science against a foe. And that Robot thing...totally amazing.

victorpborghi
October 01, 2007, 02:10 PM
But he can be a carnivorous bear :)

And I don't think he needs to have a DF power to be strong, maybe he relys on his brute force only.

My predictions to the next chapter is all Mugiwaras X Oz and hopefully he is finally beaten up. I don't think Kuma will say what he have to say in the next one, but only when Luffy defeats Moria. Then he shows up ^^

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 03:30 PM
I dunno if I want the next chapter to be a Kuma-tangent or if I want pure Luffy v. Moria...both would be nice, I suppose.

Akainu
October 01, 2007, 04:26 PM
I 'd be content if there is one at all ... :o
No I think its pretty sure there is one.
And it will be about ... none of the above ... Oda is just overturning himself with surprising us, it could well be the story of ace or something else outside TB, or perhaps a (short) part about Oz remembering lying in a similar position in his life as demon from the frozen land... far fetched but nothing is impossible is it?

am I the only one whos still missing Brook?
what about he is down in the hulk of TB together with Dogpen, Jigoroh and Hogback opening up a totally new dimension

Akainu
October 01, 2007, 04:51 PM
I think Luffy still fits more with Zoro and Sanji - they already showed some great comboattacks.
Frankys stairs were great - hes got some important skills and perhaps they are going to build Usopp a Dialpropelledsnipergun? just a thought.
I'm looking forward to the next chapter(s) TB just got better and better imho.

Absolutio
October 01, 2007, 07:55 PM
Simply said, Oda-sensei is a genious! :D

Prove that the StrawHats aint push-overs and can even take together something that was not supposed to be taken even by a 1000 men army. :p

pcxxy
October 01, 2007, 09:24 PM
akainu: o yeah, where did brooke go?

ImpDwn: it's just a little joke, well 3.

now i just hope we'll see the final showdown of Oz X SHcrew. and hopefully, some of Luffy X moria.

Freakzin
October 01, 2007, 11:10 PM
i think that prolly kuma is there to investigate on Moria, and now i'm wishin, i want him to find Moria beat up, and tell Luffy " since u helped me , i'll let you go this time" , enough about wantin to know about BB and Ace , i think it's not the time to know, maybe further ahead

UchihaMadara
October 02, 2007, 12:11 AM
Kuma may be there to Kick Moria's ass to demonstrate that the Bounties before they became Shickibauki dont represent there current stength.

DrunkDragon
October 02, 2007, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure they pulled that off with the Enis Loby ark ;D

kazamakj
October 02, 2007, 04:05 AM
Plenty of interesting predictions so I'll come out with an older boring classic one.

Ace drew the match against blackbeard but was beaten up and easily suppressed and brain washed by doctor death. So now he is part of the Black beard crew with his tatu crossed off with a big black X mark.

Bear is there to look for Moria and ask him about his opinion on the newest Shinchibukai. Black Beard. We might also see him kicking the squat out of zombies and maybe actually taking down Oz easily. I can see that happening.

Luffy vs Moria. I doubt that there will actually be a conclusion of this arc though. I bet it just ends abruptly and the straw hats do get their shadows back but that;s all.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 08:51 AM
No, Luffy did that by defeating Lucci. The WG doesn't really know the details of the rest of the crew taking down the CP9, but it's a definite that Luffy defeated Lucci, which is a major deal.

And yeah, Absolutio, that is what it did, and it was pretty bad-ass, but I just don't see what it really did plot-wise, unless Oz was truly defeated.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 08:52 AM
I think that Kuma is here for two reasons, one of which far cooler than the other:

1) Moria was trying to become Pirate King, so he had to be taken in (Although Kuma's bounty is smaller...)

And now for the cool one!:

2) The "major event" that Ace and BB sparked means that there's crazy shit goin' on in the world, and all the Shichibukai need to gather.

MDLatqp
October 02, 2007, 12:23 PM
And it's obvious he wasn't, since he then says something like "ARRGGH! DAMN YOU GUYS! I'M REALLY MAD NOW, AND I'LL DESTROY THE LOT OF YOU!" So yeah, basically showing that it's going to be a real fight (in my opinion).

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 03:04 PM
Wasn't it already a real fight? Now all they can do is stuff Oz will salt and hope he becomes dead again. And the scream is probably just out of spite, since he's already lost.

kal-elh
October 02, 2007, 03:06 PM
that might be right

but they are really strong and so is OZ even if he gets up they will find a way to put him dow

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 03:08 PM
I just think that that last chapter brought Oz v. Crew to a good end, so I just don't want there to be another fight.

Also, man, that fight really shows that Moria was pretty far off when he thought that Oz would make him Pirate King.

kal-elh
October 02, 2007, 03:11 PM
I just think that that last chapter brought Oz v. Crew to a good end, so I just don't want there to be another fight.

Also, man, that fight really shows that Moria was pretty far off when he thought that Oz would make him Pirate King.

maebe the bear guy finish him of before he start fighting the SH again

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 03:34 PM
Kuma beat Oz??? That would be cool, but I don't think it'll happen.

Besides, if Oz dies, then Luffy doesn't get his shadow back.

And speaking of that, shouldn't it be morning by now?

DrunkDragon
October 02, 2007, 03:57 PM
Who knows, since the fog is pretty thick and doesn't let much sunlight through.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 05:19 PM
That's also what I was thinking when Usopp first said it, so I guess it really isn't a factor anymore.

I guess Oda's had enough with race-against-the-clock arcs.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 05:28 PM
First off, no spoilers in non-spoiler sections, please. K thx.

Also, they can face other Shichibukai, you know. They could face ANY Shichibukai if Oda so pleases. However, plot-wise, not too many fit in, except Moria, Kuma, Jimbei, BB, and possibly the unnamed Shichibukai.

MDLatqp
October 02, 2007, 05:34 PM
Ya know, i've been giving this some thought, and if oda sticks to his naming themes, blackbeard can't be a shichibukai. Now realistically, that doesn't mean he couldn't be, it just seems to me that Oda being Oda, he wouldn't go against his themes. And that being the case, there is another role that Blackbeard could fill...that does indeed fit with oda's naming schemes.....

That's right, yonkou. I personally think that Blackbeard will become a yonkou, but as always, we'll have to wait and see.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 06:33 PM
No, no, no. And no. He hasn't enough crew mates, he's asking for Shichibukai, he's at war with another Yonkou, and there's no positions open. Then again, you can't just "fill the shoes" of a Yonkou, the people of the world must decide that you are one!

Imitorar
October 02, 2007, 10:12 PM
Let's see... Little Garden. Alabasta. Skypiea. Enies Lobby. Basically, the last 6 years of the series. Yeah. I see what you mean by that.

You know, I've been thinking. Thriller Bark seems too small to be it's own Saga. I seriously think that this is just the opening arc to a bigger Saga. I'm not sure what it is yet, but I am almost sure that this is not the Thriller Bark Saga, but the Thriller Bark arc. It's happened before. Who thought that the Laboon arc would lead into the Baroque Works Saga? That the Davy Back fight would lead into the CP9 Saga? It's happened before that thess little things that seem to stand alone end up leading into a major event, and I think this will too. The fact that those two times, the lead-up was caused by a character showing up and revealing something, be it Vivi leading the Straw Hats to Whiskey Peak and revealing Baroque Works for what it was, or Aokiji showing up and hinting to Robin's backstory, making it clear that that was going to feature prominently in the manga soon, supports this. Because like those two times, Kuma just showed up. And I'm almost sure that whatever he does will lead into the major Saga that the Thriller Bark arc is a part of.

MDLatqp
October 02, 2007, 11:00 PM
Well of course; it's not like I don't know the requisites. And I do realize he isn't a typical yonkou (then again, we only know of two). And you're right; he does have a small crew. All I was saying was that if oda sticks with his naming themes, it's definitely possible. And who's to say that blackbeard wont successfully knock off one of the yonkou? It's simply a possibility.

In any case, I kinda like the idea of blackbeard remaining perpetually independent; just like luffy.

MDLatqp
October 02, 2007, 11:03 PM
Interesting observations and analysis... Perhaps it'll segue into Jimbei's arc (for lack of a better title). We do know that's where the mugiwara no kaizoku-dan's log pose is pointing to next.... Or at least, to the merman island.

jinsomnia
October 03, 2007, 12:18 AM
Hmmm.. is there a possibility that BB sucks ACE inside his black hole??? it is possible since he has the ability.

Also, what is ACE is taken to the Impel Down which is underwater, and the SH get the techology/technique to move freely underwater. If thats the case, i personally think that the new SH crew would be a mermen (girl)... hehehe i hope.

return to discussion bout Oz, i think he will be taken down with the help from Nami and Brooke. Since Nami can produce lightning, and Brooke can jump easily to cut Oz's head.... For Perona, i think he will try to mess with bear, and got beaten for real this time by some unknown technique - he's a schibukai for gods sake!

And as for the reason Bear's there, i think its to invite Moria to CRUSH the YONKOU, namely Shanks and WB!. since i think that both wants to attack the world government. Also, Dragon is reported assembling his army to attack the WG in a different direction by himself since his son got captured and he sense a chance there.

and lastly, maybe im thinking too much since i remember the words from the fight in the Banaro Island - the fight between the two pirates will be the catalyst for important event that will happen in the future........................................

kazamakj
October 03, 2007, 03:16 AM
Hey that's a good one Jinsomnia. A squad of Shichibukai's having to team up to fight off the Yonkou. To keep them under wraps and hoping that the Shanks meeting Whitebeard incident never occurs again.

I'm done with predicting though. Oda keeps throwing twists and turns around lol its making my head spin with all the possibilities.

Deleted posts about spoilers. Thread open again.

ydarsius
October 03, 2007, 10:13 AM
my prediction :p is Kuma with SH crew will fighting against Oz :p and luffy start fight against Moria

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 12:20 PM
I totally agree with Imiotar, there's no way the saga is going to be centered around this. It's obviously just an arc in the saga, although it's unclear how it's connected to anything bigger yet.

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 12:21 PM
I can't agree to that in the slightest. I don't know if he's with or against Moria, but there's no way he'll team up with the SHs. If he's against Moria, then he'll just wipe out everyone on TB. If he's with Moria, he'll either make him leave or we'll have one major battle.

Non-Life
October 03, 2007, 12:30 PM
Why's Bartholamew Bear there in the first place, and does he know Blackbeard beat Ace?
In my crazy mind, since he seems to be the most religious of the Shicibukai, he got in touch with Ace's soul passing on after it was devoured by Blackbeard's darkness ability.

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 12:32 PM
He's got a bible. I don't think talking to spirits in the darkness is covered in the bible.

And since this is three days since that event, I'm sure they all know.

Non-Life
October 03, 2007, 12:32 PM
I totally agree with Imiotar, there's no way the saga is going to be centered around this. It's obviously just an arc in the saga, although it's unclear how it's connected to anything bigger yet.

Don't forget that at the end of the chapter and episode of Blackbeard's and Ace's fight, there was a narration about how the fight between those two would spark something big in the future. IMO, the "something big" has arrived.

Imitorar
October 03, 2007, 12:37 PM
He's got a bible. I don't think talking to spirits in the darkness is covered in the bible.

It's expressly forbidden, actually. And yeah, just because Kuma's religious doesn't mean that he has mystical powers involving the supernatural. I doubt that's what his actual powers are, speaking to souls and stuff just doesn't seem to fit in as a power. I'm not sure what they are though, since you can't usually tell just from a Shichibukai's name and clothing what his powers are, and since that's all we have to go on, as of now, his powers are a complete mystery.

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 01:17 PM
For some reason, I see him doing Shigan. I don't know why, but that image won't go away. That, and him ripping Perona's head off...

Aaaaanyway, I agree with Non-Life that this is the "Major Crisis" Saga. I dunno about details, though.

jaypooner
October 03, 2007, 01:39 PM
If thats the case, i personally think that the new SH crew would be a mermen (girl)... hehehe i hope.

im wondering what other roles are there to fill in the crew. brooke is the musician, and that should cover everything. unless that mermaid can be a scout or something like that, but i have a feeling that the strawhats arent going to add any more members.

pcxxy
October 03, 2007, 02:17 PM
if brooke is joining, i doubt anyone will join the SH crew for a while, i mean Oda tend fill the SH crew slowly, allowing more time to develop the story and personality behind each character.

on the other hand, there might be someone like Vivi @ Mermaid land to be a temporary Nakama! :)

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 03:53 PM
The positions were filled very quickly in the East Blue Saga. Like, almost one nakama each arc.

pcxxy
October 03, 2007, 08:41 PM
reaaaaally? it felt like forever to me haha.

i guess i'm getting old =/ so time goes by slowly.

but still, i don't think their crew will fill this quickly... meh we can argue forever and no one would ever care xD

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 08:58 PM
I partially agree. They need a New World nakama. That would be interesting, IMO. If the first half of the Grand Line gave us Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brook, imagine what the New World would give us!

*dreaming*The Sexy Sexy no mi...*dreaming*

kal-elh
October 03, 2007, 09:27 PM
luffy said in the beginning of the series that his crew would have around 10 people

and the last one he wanted from the beginning is the musician = brook so I wouldn't expect another nakama so soon but as you said they have to have an nakama from the new world right

maebe a woman( or women but that would make sanji toooo happy uahsuahsuahs ) ( she could be a fighter I mean close range fighter a strong one ) that would be cool right.

pcxxy
October 03, 2007, 09:33 PM
hmm how big is their crew now?

Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Chopper
Robin
Franky

brook + perona FTW! haha. j/k about perona, even brook, i still don't quite believe he'll join just yet... but it really depends how badly he wants to meet up with Laboon, maybe he can just sprint across the grandline? hehe.

i wonder what kind of person will be the next straw hat member...

let's see.... they have girls, a deer, a doctor, a chef, a cyborg, a skeleton, a mechanic, a liar, a sniper, an archaeologist, a kick master, a swordsman, a navigator, a spiral brow, a marimo head, a gummy man...

any clue?

i think i know.

the next member will be an old fart merman who's abandoned by by gold roger and wishes to get back to the New World to meet his long lost Nakama.

kazamakj
October 03, 2007, 09:52 PM
I think it due that another girl joined the crew. A karate fishwoman would be my guess. Might even be someone like Kokoro-san. Although that would mean she would be much older. I'll go for the karate fish woman. ^^

Imagine the competitiveness that Nami will feel because of her former enemies and hatred. Maybe a young merwoman though. Around Chopper's age. Small and petite. Hahahhaha someone that will call Robin and Nami nee-san type character.

kal-elh
October 03, 2007, 09:53 PM
uashuashuashuashuahsuashuahsuahs

pcxxy
October 03, 2007, 09:58 PM
karate merwoman?!?!!?

SUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NA!

i like the idea of having an old hag too hahaha. it's just that the whole crew are youngsters, so having an old fart/hag would balance it off a little. and i'm sure Oda can crack a couple of jokes from that.

kal-elh
October 03, 2007, 10:05 PM
hmm how big is their crew now?

Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Chopper
Robin
Franky

brook + perona FTW! haha. j/k about perona, even brook, i still don't quite believe he'll join just yet... but it really depends how badly he wants to meet up with Laboon, maybe he can just sprint across the grandline? hehe.

i wonder what kind of person will be the next straw hat member...

let's see.... they have girls, a deer, a doctor, a chef, a cyborg, a skeleton, a mechanic, a liar, a sniper, an archaeologist, a kick master, a swordsman, a navigator, a spiral brow, a marimo head, a gummy man...

any clue?

i think i know.

the next member will be an old fart merman who's abandoned by by gold roger and wishes to get back to the New World to meet his long lost Nakama.

aushaushaushuashuashuash thats healy funy

uashuhas ok so they have a lot of weird stuff so who knows other then ODA himself

probably a girl they have 8 people 9 if you cont brook so only 2 women that is not nearly enough.

karate merwoman?!?!!?

SUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NA!

i like the idea of having an old hag too hahaha. it's just that the whole crew are youngsters, so having an old fart/hag would balance it off a little. and i'm sure Oda can crack a couple of jokes from that.

sugueeeeeeee uashuashuahsuahsuahs

oioioi the part of the karate merwoman is perfect but you are right an old had doesn't fit the profile of the crew so a yang merwoman that is above 40dan mermaid karate

oioioi sugueeeeeeee

that's it that is perfect absolutely perfect but she has to be hot oderwise sanji will become emotionally unstable ( uashuashuahsuash )

pcxxy
October 03, 2007, 11:33 PM
lol...

but... i want old hags. =/ i thought kokora san was cool. actually a karate merhag would be kokoro-san.

since she didn't join i doubt there'll be a merhag :( but still you never know what Oda comes up with.

hail the old farts

jaypooner
October 03, 2007, 11:55 PM
what the heck is this new world you guys keep on saying? is it the place past grand line?

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 12:01 AM
it's like the center of the earth basically in the world of one piece. actually it's just the centre of grandline...

it's the piece of land where one piece is (not the comic book). it was mentioned in water 7 when tobi + garp came to visit.

Akainu
October 04, 2007, 03:22 AM
the centre? the new world is more like the second part of the grandline.
also the grandline itself is more like an equator though we dont really know much of the planetary situatuion ;)

enough offtopic i guess, so: I think we're not going to get a glimpse of Brook for another chapter or two.

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 08:30 AM
yeah the grandline thing is quite abstract. i still have no clue what it's like geographicall... and really, it doesn't even take that long to sail around the world... maybe their planet is bigger? haha.

i always thought there's just the new world, and that's it.... do u know where they've mentioned another place?

Akainu
October 04, 2007, 09:09 AM
http://de.opwiki.org/images/Globus.jpg
http://de.opwiki.org/images/Globus2.jpg

these should give you the general idea - although it makes me wonder whether there is more then one moon. if so i think Enel is visiting the other ones too - or d'you think its time for someone else to replace him?

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 09:21 AM
and where is the new world? ;p

i did'nt know such a globe existed, thx for sharing n_n

Impel Down
October 04, 2007, 09:29 AM
The New World is the 2nd half of the Grand Line. The Grand Line is, you know, a line, but the Red Line divides it, and once you cross it, you're in the New World, the side that Raftel is on.

kal-elh
October 04, 2007, 02:04 PM
THX YOU

coby explained that on episode 314 ore 315

chapter ( a long time ago uashuashuahsuahs )

I want to know what the hell happened to ACE and to Shanks and WB ( BB is irrelevant unless he's the next arq big boss ) yeeeeiiiiiiiii

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 02:34 PM
i think we'll find out soon enough. in a few chapters maybe?

Impel Down
October 04, 2007, 03:10 PM
There's really not much else TO explain, aside from how you cross.

I predict it's something to do with going underwater and Gyojin Island.

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 03:17 PM
i agree. they've been in the sea, in the land, in the sky.

so their next destination is either the moon (and Enel is already there), then it's gonna be the underwater world.

Impel Down
October 04, 2007, 03:21 PM
They haven't been IN the sea, they've been on the sea. And they've never had a real naval battle, or an arc concerning such, except for maybe Baratie and Laboon arcs.

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 03:56 PM
well, SORRY for my grammar, geez. u knew what i meant.

yeah, i think a Naval battle would be cool, but really, I think their individual powers are stronger than cannon balls. ;p

kal-elh
October 04, 2007, 09:16 PM
even if sunny can travel through all seas it doesan't seems like it is a war vasel

I think sunny is able to outrun any ship we've seen so far but navy ships have many more cannons

pcxxy
October 04, 2007, 09:30 PM
i bet they'll soon turn it into a submarine! manually powered of course ;p

==================
btw, Franky is an old fart!

kal-elh
October 04, 2007, 09:52 PM
I don't know about that but they should learn about ACE and get sunny back in the next 2 ore 3 chapters also they might hear about the incident betwin Shanks and WB ( and they stil have to finish their fight with OZ )

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 08:53 AM
If the arc ends soon, then they'll probably just hear a little that there's some chaos in the world, and when they leave, they get "filled in" at their next island, or, my personal favorite:

As they cross the Red Line, they're all happy, and as they look towards the New World, there's fire and war going on.

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 08:53 AM
They do have a sub on the ship. And Franky is like 34.

bax
October 05, 2007, 09:25 AM
The chapter 473 is out!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19355)!!

The fight continues... Love that evil looking SH pirates :XD
Oooohh.. explanations on Kuma powers too :amuse

Come on gys.. predict the next chapter here :amuse

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 10:09 AM
I predict the followings:

-Predicitons will become Predictions (or maybe not if you didn't spot it)
-We'll see Zoro launching some deadly attacks with his new sword.
-Oz's attack is going to be (continued from his unfinished Gomu Gomu no...) Grand Slam! (He'll smack his fist down onto the grown and create major ground damage, then he will combo it with a Gomu Gomu no Chopper as he turns spins around himself at highspeed (like a SpinTop) to do 360degree damage to the crew so they can't escape.
-Kuma hunt Moria down.
-Moria, in ph33r, will recruit his shadow back, and as Luffy is grabbing hold onto it, they three of them will meet.
-We might see some of Jigoro and DogPen too...

but it looks like it's already too much to cram into one chapter ;p

Astral_Shive
October 05, 2007, 10:10 AM
Kuma probably have some Travel abilities maybe he ate some devil fruit or maybe he is super fast and just kill opponents in water?

And he is asking about ace :D
so that are my perdictions more about Ace in next chapter and more about luffy moria fight :D

Mugiwara_no_Jack
October 05, 2007, 11:01 AM
just great ... i am speechless ... can't put that in words ^^

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 11:16 AM
i didn't know franky is that old until i read that info book. but then it made sense coz i mean iceburg is a freaking old fart mayor too... i should have known ;)

meh this chapter was so exciting

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 12:12 PM
Whoa, Kuma is large. Like, really fucking large, not to mention has a weird power.

And the dawn-thing finally came up. I was waiting for that to be a factor again. And it seems he's basically fighting Moria again. Ooh, everything's become so...actiony. Nothing less from Oda-sensei.

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 12:14 PM
So then, Ace definitely did have something to do with BB and his rises to power, or the major event. And it seems like Kuma's not interested in just Moria, but in Luffy too. This is getting quite good.

lordzeb
October 05, 2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah Kuma is freakin Huge he looks like morias size. Whats with that he didn't look that big when he showed up for the World Gov't meeting 100 or so chapters ago. Odas being inconsistent but i like it. Also he mentioned luffys brother Ace so im willing to bet that he's beinging news of the conclusion of the Ace VS BlackBeard fight. I hope we stay with him next chapter its more exciting that Luffy VS moria :D !!!!

kal-elh
October 05, 2007, 12:54 PM
crap crap crap they didn't say a thing about ACE but at least it confirms that it has something to do with him

devil fruit of course

and he's like a giant

and I don't think he's after Luffy but maebe he has something to talk about with him and moria of course if he didn't why would he ask for him

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 01:00 PM
He's not Moria's size. He's smaller, but he IS quite tall. Nami goes to about halfway, so he's still relatively human-sized.

And I would like to hear more about Ace v. BB.

KuwabaraTheMan
October 05, 2007, 01:00 PM
More of Strawhats vs Odz and Nami wondering what to do about Kuma having shown up.

Other possibilities:
More Kuma
Luffy vs Moria
Hogback, Cindry, Jigoroh and Dogpen?

Oda's got a lot going on right now, so who knows exactly what will be in 474.

kal-elh
October 05, 2007, 01:05 PM
I think kuma is bigger then moria

this is probably the opening act to the rest of the saga

kal-elh
October 05, 2007, 01:40 PM
not my favorite for sure

they will go to the pirate mettig

that will be cool for sure

Akainu
October 05, 2007, 02:33 PM
474 is demanding and following the trend of the last few chapters I think its going to be odacious again, means cant really know what will happen and will again find it a hard nut to crack.
So here I go:
- SH will attack again
- Dunno where Nami should go and I think she'll be asking herself the same question
- Brook, I still miss BROOK f*** where is he is he hiding cowardly or will he be the one to strike down MOria?
- and last : Luffy! he will go where Kuma is about to take Moria to. After Morias and Oz defeat the shadows will be released and Kuma will play his role there, however this is not what he came for. I think he wants to take Moria to a meeting of the shichibukai as they imho need the acceptence of the 6 remaining to add a new one. But something will go totally wrong and Luffy will be with him then. And there he will see Ace whether dead or not, I wont mind, but do you remember that dialogue betwen both of them as Ace told him they will see each other at the meeting/ at the top hard to tell as translations arent always that reliable...
- that should be the end of TB (at least its going to end some chapter soon, i.e. this year)
- there will be a coverstory for perona ^^

yeah sounds a bit weird but as I dont expect anything to come true still the best I can come up with ...

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 07:23 PM
About your predictions:

Oz is pretty much done, now that his knees are broken. But, Zoro made it seem like he was gonna pull some crazy shit, so I dunno.

Nami will probably keep talking to Kuma about nothing, or try to grab the treasure and run. Or Perona will appear again and they'll fight.

As for Brook, he's in Perona and Cindry's room, rumaging through their underwear drawers.

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 07:24 PM
Kuma is NOT bigger than Moria. That's just silly.

And I agree, it's clear that crazy shit is going down in the real world, and this saga is probably about that. But if it isn't...foreshadowing!

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 08:01 PM
it's kinda strange though. Oda can't be introducing one shichibukai after another just to take them down.

it's not like... other mangas...

but i think Kuma IS physically bigger than Moria.

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 08:04 PM
I don't agree.

Oz can't be done for yet, at least not right there because he's about to do something crazy. He was going 'gomu gomu no...' something, and it's gonna be ph33rsome.

Nami will not flee by herself. It's not the old her anymore. She can't converse with Kuma anymore before Kuma is gone. The only thing she would do is to tell Luffy... so yeah...

As for Brook, don't forget there's also Lola's room ;p

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 08:05 PM
I still say no, but whatever. We'll see eventually.

And he's not introducing all that many Shichibukai in a row. Kuma was already introduced, and we didn't know anything about him. But I agree, he's not just going to be taken down, he's here for the bigger plot of the story.

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 08:18 PM
hmm maybe i can dig up some photos to see who's really chubbier... ;p

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 08:28 PM
Well, Moria is chubbier. Kuma is svelt and muscular.

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 08:30 PM
Going in reverse order this time:

Brook's not blind, even if he has no eyes. Skull Joke!

She's up against a Shichibukai. Anyone would run. Besides, Kuma will probably leave himself, anyway.

And they made it kinda clear that Oz was done, because he was immobilized.

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 09:06 PM
in Ch456, p9, it looks like Moria is the height of about 3.5 Peronas
in Ch473, p14, it looks like Kuma is the hight of about 3.5 Peronas

I guess you were right ;p

I wonder if they are 'human'... do they belong to Giants? I wonder... Moria looks hella funny.

W00000T! I JUST BECAME JYOUKUUIN!

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 09:08 PM
He looked like two Peronas to me. And I guess now Peronas are a unit of measure.

And he's not a giant, he's just a tall person.

And congrats.

pcxxy
October 05, 2007, 09:20 PM
how many Perona's tall are the Giants of Elbaf, I kinda forgot ;p

but anyways, back to the main topic of this discussion, i think it's kinda weird that Oda didn't bring Brooke out for the fight.

perhaps we'll see him doing something important in the next chapter... maybe a little fight vs jigoro? ;p

Impel Down
October 05, 2007, 09:30 PM
I think an Elbaf Giant is about eight Peronas.

And Brook is paralyzed anyway, remember? That, or he's looking for more opponents. I hope it's Jigouroh or Cap'n John.

ChristopherE
October 05, 2007, 09:48 PM
Anyone who gets hit by sunlight and has no shadow will die so since Moria detached himself from his Shadow, the strawhats will distract Moria's Shadow - or keep it busy by fighting it. Moria will then be hit by sunlight and burnt up.

It could work. =)

Merged thread.

girdab
October 06, 2007, 03:09 AM
Because Kuma hasn't got any info about Moria's location, I think Kuma will go back, and before this, he told Nami that BB is the new schibukai after catching Ace and want her to inform the winner of the battle between Moria vs Luffy:p He is a clever and nobble guy. He can easily figure out that the two captain have a fight and he will probably not want to interrupt a battle of two people. Ahhh and about his power, has anyone mentioned about the gloves thing? I think that in order to use his ability he needs his bare hand.

Zoro will firstly stop the Oz's attack with his new sword and try a new attack with a cool name after Sanji kick him to the air.

Luffy will finally find Moria

scottyijoe
October 06, 2007, 05:12 AM
Yes I think we all saw Kuma put his glove back on after he made Perona disappear. What I was interested in was whether or not he was reading or writing (it was hard to see in the scanlation) when Perona was describing her ideal location.

I'd like to think that he sent her somewhere like that. Perhaps he found a place in his bible/book.

Still Oz looks finished. The SHs seem to be picking him apart. They do fight well as a team which is great to see. And their evil looks when he was stuck was hilarious.

Predictions:
- Kuma catches up to Luffy and Moria and delivers his news
- Oz will be defeated

Impel Down
October 06, 2007, 10:16 AM
Hmm...I never noticed that he was doing something during her daydream. If he sent her there, THAT would be very interesting.

And Oz does look finished. All that's left is for Zoro to do something to him...whatever it is he's doing.