PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 48 (ch460-470) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

bax
June 08, 2007, 05:51 PM
The chapter 459 is out guys!! Get it HERE (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13744)!!!

After that, go ahead and predict what will happen in the next chapter here :amuse

There will be NO One Piece next week

460 is out here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14384

mugen
June 08, 2007, 05:55 PM
we finally see some real fights
and hopefully Sanji will confront Abasolom
and Luffy will go gear sado on Oz ..
or actually that will happen in the next three chapters.

kangster113
June 08, 2007, 06:37 PM
darn no chapter next week, anyway

i hope they kick all the zombies asses, and destory thrillpark!! hopefully luffy's bounty will rise up again lol

Crivizzi
June 08, 2007, 06:42 PM
I hope we will see more Brook vs Ryuma... maybe with a Brook's flashback that gives him the strength to kick Ryuma's ass...

P.S.:.....Laboon.... Oda-sensei is the best!!!!!!

ax999
June 08, 2007, 07:36 PM
Laboon being there in brooks past... hes definately joining the crew.

next chapter will probably be more brook vs ryuma and a little of the strawhats going back to the castle to find their shadows and nami.

Anti-panda
June 08, 2007, 10:01 PM
Oda rocks.. laboon .. didn't see it coming.
I bet we'll finally get to see some but kicking next week. Or week after next... next chapter anyway.

Plus Luffy thinks it's cool he's a giant.. I bet he'll wind up inviting Oz to join his nakama.. and Oz will probably go nuts.

bakashijinsan
June 08, 2007, 10:08 PM
darn no chapter next week

WHAT!? NOOOOOOO!!! :scry :scry

Just when the arc is getting very exciting...

Anyway, it's bashing time for the Mugiwara pirates. I can't help but feel that Nami is faking her "damsel in distress" situation. I mean, she's one tough woman with an iron will and she won't be bowing to anyone's wishes just like that. I'm seeing that she'll be making her escape in the next chapter.

We'll get to see some Zombie clobbering along the way. Of course the minions ought to be cleaned out first before the big ones. I can also see OZ going to the stem of Thriller Bark (it should have one since it's still a ship right?) and trying to get a glimpse of the ocean. If not, maybe he'll climb the mast to see further. I really like OZ and Luffy combination. Big Giant-scary guy with the mind of a child. :XD

Akainu
June 09, 2007, 03:30 AM
Wow, Luffy made a really tough anouncement. They are going to kick ass the next chapters and with Brook almost loosing to his shadow this chapter I think Zoro will have quite a lot to do certainly not without a reward ;) Sanji will make his way through to Nami rampaging everything on his way, even that Hog-thing Lola wasnt it?
Chopper vs. Hogback is set too I think and Robin vs. Perona as well but whats left for the rest? Just subordinates and generals ? that would be kinda lame ...

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 09, 2007, 05:46 AM
hopefully some asskicking action *g*

Kikuna992
June 09, 2007, 07:46 AM
Now I am certain that Zorro will fight Ryuma (well as certain as I'll ever be). Luffy described Zorro's zombie as "Wearing a getta". As Ryuma was also wearing a getta Zorro, being a bit stupid will put two and two together and think that Ryuma is his Zombie when he comes across him and he will destroy Ryuma...

mikio
June 09, 2007, 10:56 AM
i think that oz as soon as he sees luffy will start fighting to get the straw-hat.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 11:23 AM
Wouldn't they both think each other is SUPA cool? I mean, Oz is a giant, and Luffy is rubber! They probably won't fight, rather, they'll become friends. Next chapter, I imagine the rest of the crew hunts after their shadows, while Sanji runs into Absalom.

bakashijinsan
June 09, 2007, 12:19 PM
I think both what Impel Down and mikio may happen. The strawhat is Luffy's treasure. As such, the shadow (OZ) may want to take what he thinks is rightfully his. This is possible since it is one of Luffy's strongest resolve. His dream of becoming the pirate king was retained, why not this one, ne?

Being childish and curious of anything weird, OZ and Luffy may come into terms (as Impel Down said). But if ever this would happen, I think it would only be for a short while, since Luffy needs to beat OZ to get his shadow back and OZ wants to go around the world to be pirate king. Definitely a clash of interests.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 01:18 PM
Luffy doesn't need to beat him, he just needs to give him salt, right? Well, if Oz keeps eating stuff, Luffy could salt his food and then get his shadow back that way!...although, it IS Luffy, so he'll probably try to take his food and then they'll get in a fight. Oz would probably even argue over salted food, making it dramatic irony.

pcxxy
June 09, 2007, 01:21 PM
Some of my Predictions:

1) Some surprise events will happen when Luffy encounters Oz, but ultimately the fight will take place (otherwise there'll be no one of a high enough caliber to clash against Luffy)

2) Zorro vs Ryuma

3) Sanji vs Absalon with Doguin involved somehow

further speculations are:

4) Brooke will not immediately join Luffy coz he has to go back to Laboon

5) Moria is some weak sauce without much fighting capabilities ;)

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 01:26 PM
Wouldn't joining Luffy HELP him get to Laboon, since Laboon is at the end of the GL? And if Zoro fights Ryuuma, who is Brook going to have to fight?

mikio
June 09, 2007, 01:43 PM
Brook is going to be defeated again by Ryuuma and have his afro cut (so he's going to have to join the mugiwara pirates in order to get a new afro), then Zoro will fight Ryuuma (thinking that he is the zombie with his shadow) and take his sword to defeat Jigoroh.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 02:18 PM
Well, it's possible that they could switch their opponents, but that would go against their morals for fighting and stuff. Besides, Zoro has better swords than Jigouroh, so the "zombie > human" thing should not necessarily apply to them

ANBU4U
June 09, 2007, 03:02 PM
Some of my Predictions:

1) Some surprise events will happen when Luffy encounters Oz, but ultimately the fight will take place (otherwise there'll be no one of a high enough caliber to clash against Luffy)

2) Zorro vs Ryuma

3) Sanji vs Absalon with Doguin involved somehow

further speculations are:

4) Brooke will not immediately join Luffy coz he has to go back to Laboon

5) Moria is some weak sauce without much fighting capabilities ;)

The Mugiwara promised to return to Laboon one day anyway, and Brooke swore that he'd return after exploring the grand line didn't he? Returning now is almost the same as never returning at all. Why on earth wouldn't brook just join the Mugiwara and see Laboon when everyone does. Besides the poor guy shouldn't have to travel alone....and Luffy always gets what he wants.

O and lastly, he's just WAY to wicked to NOT be on the crew. I know it's not a real reason but...I mean really....did everyone see the pose he struck will recounting his story to Franky??? BITCHIN. You can't get more pimp...you just can't.

Hell, at this point even Zoro want's him on the crew. Sorry....this was a long rant but I think I've become so damn attached to that Afro-skeleton I get defensive when ever someone puts his joining the crew in question. I swear anyone that doesn't want him on the crew is as heartless as he is.

HA!

bakashijinsan
June 09, 2007, 03:16 PM
Luffy doesn't need to beat him, he just needs to give him salt, right? Well, if Oz keeps eating stuff, Luffy could salt his food and then get his shadow back that way!...although, it IS Luffy, so he'll probably try to take his food and then they'll get in a fight. Oz would probably even argue over salted food, making it dramatic irony.

Although this is the most logical way of beating him, the drama of OZ being ressurected from 500 years ago plus his grand introduction would go down the drain if he gets beaten with only this. There should be a fight.

Wouldn't joining Luffy HELP him get to Laboon, since Laboon is at the end of the GL?

technically Laboon is at the entrance of GL and at the end of it also. If brook joins, there's no way that they'll go back to meet laboon first then go on in an adventure.

Zoro will fight Ryuuma (thinking that he is the zombie with his shadow) and take his sword to defeat Jigoroh.

This would most likely happen. Zoro's swords need to be those of legendary status (sorry forgot the name). Since Ryuuma was a legendary swordsman, his katana will indeed be one of those with names.

pcxxy
June 09, 2007, 03:55 PM
just because everyone wants him doesn't mean he'll join right away. i believe that he'll join too but just not right now... it's just too predictable... and we know Oda always have surprised for us.

All along I thought Brooke's sole reason to live is for the promise his crew made to Laboon. So this is why I believed that he would go back to him right away. Perhaps, in the very near future he would be riding laboon to meet back with Luffy et all~

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 04:24 PM
Well, he'll probably join at the end of the arc, when he gets his shadow back, yeah. Still, part of Luffy's goal is to meet Laboon again when they reach the end of the GL, so Brook would be able to accomplish that goal with him if he joins. But, with the salt thing and now Laboon, there doesn't seem to be any room for Brook's backstory now.

Crivizzi
June 09, 2007, 04:37 PM
All along I thought Brooke's sole reason to live is for the promise his crew made to Laboon. So this is why I believed that he would go back to him right away. Perhaps, in the very near future he would be riding laboon to meet back with Luffy et all~

how can brooke go back to reverse mountain? in the Grand Line you can only go forward from an island to the other.... if he wants to go there the only way is to join or to travel alone through the Grand Line...

But, with the salt thing and now Laboon, there doesn't seem to be any room for Brook's backstory now.

well... we don't have to see brook's past now... from the moment Nico Robin joined to her flashback we have Skypiea, Davy Back Fight and half of the Water Seven arc.... Oda is umpreditctable.... everything can happen....

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 04:39 PM
Exactly, that's why he should join the crew! I mean, after Luffy's speech at the end of this chapter, there's no way he isn't going to join. It would certainly be easier if he was with them, and he was already depressed, so he'd probably want to be with some people he already got to know pretty well and liked.

bakashijinsan
June 09, 2007, 06:38 PM
how can brooke go back to reverse mountain? in the Grand Line you can only go forward from an island to the other.... if he wants to go there the only way is to join or to travel alone through the Grand Line...

this is exactly why Brook should join the Mugiwaras since there's no way of going back. Unless he has an eternal post pointing to reverse mountain. Going round the Grand Line would be the best choice if Brook wants to get to Reverse Mountain once more.

well... we don't have to see brook's past now... from the moment Nico Robin joined to her flashback we have Skypiea, Davy Back Fight and half of the Water Seven arc.... Oda is umpreditctable.... everything can happen....

I think Robin's a special character. She was portrayed as this myterious woman whose bacjkground, everybody didn't know. There has to be a right time for her past to be told and it was told marvelously. I think this arc would be the best scenario for Brook's past if the need arises. But then I'm already contented with his past. No more no less.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 06:58 PM
Well, they all have to have a backstory. Although, there isn't that much that he could really tell about Brook now, since we know his goal, and his only relevant lifetime was just him lying around a boat and his escapades on TB, which were already shown as well.

purplerose_04
June 09, 2007, 07:10 PM
damn no chapter next week..... I guess this is a long time from now after Luffy get One piece, they will return to the entrance to fight w/ Laboon and Brook will united w/ the Laboon but that is a long time from now right? by the way how will Brook die? it seems his bones are breaking apart when he is fighting with what his name....
the next chapter will mostly be about the fight b/w Brook and what his name

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 07:18 PM
I don't really see how Brook can die. I guess if he gets his soul seperated or he drowns or something, but he doesn't really have lungs or organs of any kind. Lol, maybe he has to return the cursed Aztec gold to the place he stole it from and give some of his blood too. But with the Laboon thing, when they get to the end of the GL, they will be at where Laboon is too.

pcxxy
June 09, 2007, 08:33 PM
ok i guess i've missed the point about getting back to the beginning of grandline... and yes, he would need the eternal pose to point him back to the inside of the reverse mountain. and who knows, he probably has it on that ghost ship of his!

on the other hand, something that bothered me (i'm not sure if it has been mentioned in the past - it probably has) is the way these log poses work. like.... what the heck does it mean by pointing towards the 'next' island... if you go from A -> B -> C and you're at B, how the heck can the log pose point from B->C and totally forget A? but o wells, it's much of the rest of this series is fictional so i guess i'll just have to accept this log pose stuff too.

anyhows, I only have a feeling that Brook may turn them down, esp. when everyone wants him... maybe it's more dramatic this way? But I also believe in their future reunion.

Anyhows, we shall see what happens.... and besides, hasn't Brooke already accepted Luffy's initial offer to join them (when they first met)? ;)

Sux that there'll be no chapter next week.

I predict that I'll crave terribly bad until the next OP fix is released. =(

bakashijinsan
June 09, 2007, 09:14 PM
with regards to the log poses, I think it goes like this: Once the pose memorizes the magnetic field of an island, it is then attracted to the next closest magnetic field. It's like once the log pose gets used to the magnetic field of the island (maybe to say it adapted the magnetic field), it reacts on another different magnetic field that's nearest to it. And like a volatile memory, it retains what it stores unless an outside factor forces it to do otherwise (adapting to the next island's magnetic field)

At first, I really had doubts about Brook joining so suddenly especially when Luffy just asked him to join out of the blue. But now that all of the mugiwaras agreed to help and get a new crew, there's almost 100% chance that Brook is goign to join SH crew whether he likes it or not.

pcxxy
June 09, 2007, 09:48 PM
if you say 'attracted to the next closest magnetic field', then it could mean that it's the island where you came from.

I mean, if you went from A to B to C, and you're on B, then how come the logpose only points to C and not back to A? Although it doesn't bother me so much, I don't think it makes any sense at all n.n

Crivizzi
June 09, 2007, 10:30 PM
i think we only have to accept the fact that a log-pose points the next island and an eternal-pose points the same island forever... it's one of the few strict rules in the world of One Piece... that's it...

About the next chapter(s)
- I want Brooke to defeat Ryuma, but i think this won't happen...
- I hope Lola will help Nami to escape from Absalom and marry him (Ab that's for you!!)
- I think the possible match Robin vs Perona will be very interesting...
- I don't think Moria is weak and his powers let only him to steal other's shadow... perhaps he can use his shadow like a weapon or someting

bakashijinsan
June 10, 2007, 03:52 AM
yeah that's it. log poses does that. But then if I remember correctly, when log poses remember the magnetic field of the island that they're in it just points to a new magnetic field that it hasn't yet encountered.

I quite agree with you Crivizzi with regards to how Moria uses his shadow. Remember how Crocodile said that having the power of the Devil fruit doesn't guarantee your success as a pirate. They need to harness the power and create ways to defeat enemies and such. Moria being a Shichibukai will definitely have something up his sleeve when it comes to fighting.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 10, 2007, 04:41 AM
maybe Moria can take his own shadow off and fight with him ... like fighting two Morias, the original and the shadow one ^^

OK that was a little off topic ...

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 08:47 AM
That would be hella fantastic. Although, I don't know if anyone besides Moria can touch shadows, so Shadow Moria wouldn't really be able to do anything, right? Unless of course he puts his own shadow into Oz...

Crivizzi
June 10, 2007, 08:53 AM
That would be hella fantastic. Although, I don't know if anyone besides Moria can touch shadows, so Shadow Moria wouldn't really be able to do anything, right? Unless of course he puts his own shadow into Oz...

the fact nobody can touch his shadow doesn't mean his shadow can't touch his opponents.... and i don't think he will put his shadow in Oz, do you remember the days someone needs to wake up after his shadow is taken away?

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 08:56 AM
Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy were able to be woken up, I'm sure there's a way to wake Moria as well. And if the shadows aren't tangible, then I don't see how they could touch someone else. He could use his shadow to, like, distract or something, I guess, but he can't go full-on Shikimaru with them.

pcxxy
June 10, 2007, 10:47 AM
well it shouldn't be hard for moria to come up with ways to defense their enemies...

i mean as soon as someone's shadow has been grasped/detached, the host will go unconscious, meaning that he/she would be totally vulnerable.

Luffy survived because Moria chose it that way, and should he change his mind, I'm sure Moria would be pretty tough to deal with.

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 11:58 AM
Well, they already stated that Moria doesn't want to kill those he takes shadows from, because it would result in the zombie's death as well. So, if Luffy attacks Moria, Moria'd just take Luffy out of commission and sent him into the Florian, like everyone else, similar to what Ryuuma did to Brook.

mikio
June 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
i can't tell why, but i don't think moria is a strong warrior at all. He has an incredible power but he's too lazy...look at his motto: "You do it!"...he has made an incredible amount of zombie to make them fight in his place because he can't do it on his own, and he can only rule his crew because of the zombies' fear of death. So i don't think he is strong at all and i can't understand how he became a shichibukai. But this is only a sensation, nothing more

pcxxy
June 10, 2007, 01:34 PM
well, it was also said that if Moria didn't like the shadow, he would throw the host into the sea meaning that he'd basically kill off that zombie. (Or did I misunderstand this part?)

Anyhows, I do have a feeling that Moria still has hidden tricks up his sleeves. ;)

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
Well, he must be pretty strong, even if he is lazy. I mean, it's one thing to scare the zombies with death and whatnot, but to be able to control the Mysterious Three as well? And we've seen how powerful they are.

Maxell
June 10, 2007, 03:44 PM
No chapter next week :(

My prediction is:
We are going to see more about the fight between Brook and his shadow. Brook is going to win it somehow because he can't give up so easily because he promised Laboon that he will come back. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji are going to find their own shadows and when someone of them founds his shadow the chapter will end. That's my prediction. :)

bakashijinsan
June 10, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well, he must be pretty strong, even if he is lazy. I mean, it's one thing to scare the zombies with death and whatnot, but to be able to control the Mysterious Three as well? And we've seen how powerful they are.

Anyhows, I do have a feeling that Moria still has hidden tricks up his sleeves.

It's impossible for him not to have anything other than stealing shadows and letting them do the dirty work for him. He is, as we all know a Shichibukai. How can he be at par with with the others if he can't even fight for himself?

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
And, if you stop and think that all the marvelous inventions in Opland cost money, Moria would have had to rob a fuck load of pirates and countries in order to pay for Thriller Bark. And, if he didn't have Thriller Bark when he started attacking, then he would have had to be hella strong in order to take them.

Anti-panda
June 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
The simple fact that only someone of Zoro or luffy or sanji .. can defy gekko moria's will is a statement to his strength .. in order for any of the zombies to disobey him they have to be close to as strong as gekko moria or even stronger. His will alone subjegates most of the zombies.. they litterally can't disobey him even if they wanted to.
So I doubt gekko moria is weak.. he's probably just weaker than luffy. :D

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well, duh. But, would Moria even risk fighting Luffy, because he needs him alive, doesn't he? Although, if he IS as weak as everyone guesses, he could probably only incapacitate Luffy for a few seconds so he can steal his shadow again.

Imperium
June 12, 2007, 10:47 AM
You seem to be underestimating him, although he is lazy Gecko Moria is one of the Shichibukai for gods sake he must be able to do something that got him that rank and his bounty is higher than luffy's.

I think zorois going to fight that ryuuma and luffy and sanji would go and get their shadows while the rest would just go off and save nami.

Impel Down
June 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
His bounty is so high because of his zombie army, probably. Plus, he HAS taken a fuck-lot of powerful warriors for his collection, not to mention the Monster Trio and Brook. But, the reason he could take them was because of his zombies, and no one really knows what he does unless it's happened to them, so because he's so mysterious and powerful, the WG probably gave him a huge bounty.

This thread is for making predictions and discussing them.

Paz42
June 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
just like to say that in chapter 459 when she laughs and sayd "If we did would your opinion change" and she smiles just melted my heart she looked so great.

But any how i think next chapter will show us what the next match ups are going to be and most likely some more of the brooke vs ryumma fight i still think that zoro shall end up beating ryuma and take his sword as has been said already but i think it might be some team work between brooke and zoro as brooke shouldnt be able to defeat someone who has the same powers as him and thinks like him and zoro may struggle with ryumma having much more battle experiance

jinsomnia
June 12, 2007, 07:16 PM
since there is no raw this week, my predictions is dat we im going to be so lonely.. hehe.

seriously prediction for next 5 chapter..
1. brooke got help from zorro, and zoro got the legendary sword that kill a dragon.. zoro fight jigoroh..
2. brooke joins da crew!
3. tag team fight (sanji and nami vs. absalom and dat monster sumthing) funny one. then sanji go get his shadow... fighting a peguin+dog...
4. luffy fights moria.. since he has no shadow, moria can't decapitate him... i think moria can came out of that body and fight in a shadow form!.......... then, luffy fight Oz..
5. chopper MUST get something from dat doctor, to make his body capable to take 3 rumble ball....

Mungola
June 13, 2007, 06:24 AM
My predictions:

1. Sanji will rampage to the wedding and when he finaly gets there Nami has escaped already and Absalom is furious. Sanji's shadow has also rampaged to the wedding and it will be Sanji&Shadow vs Absalom... after the fight Sanji'll get his shadow back from the penguin who has been knocked out during the fight. (Of course all this doesn't happen in next chapter :3)

2. Luffy finds some cool armors and probably tames some zombies.

3. Zoro gets lost immidietly and ends up to the Brook and his shadow. Then he'll say some truths about swordmanship and Laboon. Then Brook beats his shadow and gives Zoro a new sword. And so Zoro is of to test his new sword and finding his shadow.

4. Usopp and Chopper end up being just by together and so they panic and so on.

5. Franky and Robin end up to Moria and they have some kind of background revealing discussion. And some fight too.

Oz's just roaming freely :3

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 08:16 AM
Well, it could be like an Enies Lobby thing, and they pair up their battles, but all change their battles in the end.

caco
June 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
everybody predicted that zoro is going to help brook but i think that if he is going to be part of the crew he must win alone so I predict that he win and then he gives the legendary sword to zoro

Akainu
June 14, 2007, 11:03 AM
I dont think Brook has to prove anything to be part of the crew. Luffy wants him the others dont disagree and Franky even says hes a man...
So as to show hes useful for the crew - besides telling them all he knows about TB and the weakness of zombies - there are more than enough enemies left if in other arcs ...

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
Well, by defeating Ryuuma, won't he fill the usual crew member joining rule of defeating the "mini boss" while Luffy defeats the main arc villain? And unlike other characters who joined the crew, Brook's only reason for not joining is his lack of shadow, which if he completes the mini-boss rule, will be able to overcome.

Akainu
June 14, 2007, 02:05 PM
In my opinion that would be a boring repetition ... I dont even remember Nami and Robin beating a mini-boss and Zoro even beat the main villain didnt he? but I guess you#ll be right somehow ... tha last few chapters were a bit too predictable (with the exception of Laboon right?) dunno whats going on with "The Genius" aka Oda

Anti-panda
June 14, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'd like to see zoro beat ruyuma because honestly zoro and the rest of the mugiwara's need to step it up. Seeing zoro beat one of if not the strongest warrior on the island would be awesome.
We need to make the other mugiwara's something to recon with .. Luffy stepped up so much in the last arc... Now I think it's the other mugiwara's turns. Were still gonna see luffy fight but it'll pretty much just be a confirmation of his strength and that he does deserve his most recent bounty.

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
Zoro should fight Jigouroh, IMO. Him fighting with himself will help him "progress", which would create the whole deep "swordsman" thing with Zoro that I've come to accept, not to mention I think Zoro against himself would be pretty funny. Besides, with all the taunting Ryuuma is giving Brook, I hope Brook whoops his fleshy ass!

Hiruma Disciple
June 15, 2007, 11:53 AM
i agree with the others to step up... especially zorro and sanji since theyre the 2 other main fighters in the group. Luffy already shows how badass he is and zorro need to improve more on his sword skills if he was to become the best swordsman (currently held by the ass kicking mihawk :) Sanji just need to show how strong he is like before..

Hmmm does gecko moria's devil fruit ability in the same class as blackbeard? wat happen to ace?

Mogeking
June 15, 2007, 12:19 PM
I predict that Lola will save Nami, because 'he' is her only true friend!!! *sob*

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
Or call Absalom gay, for liking men. Maybe even call in Bush to stop the gay marriage.

I'm sure you could have said the same thing with different words.

wankel
June 15, 2007, 05:19 PM
i really want to see zoro fight now

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty psyched to see Zoro fight Jigouroh and/or random zombies next chapter. Something big MUST be happening, since it's taking Oda two weeks to make it. I don't think we'll see any Brook fighting next chapter, however. I think it'll be just setting up the SH fights.

caco
June 15, 2007, 09:32 PM
sorry if you said it before but why is no op this week?

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 09:34 PM
Yes, there is, sadly, no One Piece this week. I dunno if he's vacationing, or still making it, or just lazy, but it's just building up my anticipation for the true beginning of the battle!

caco
June 15, 2007, 09:39 PM
Oda can take all the time in the world because i know that he is going to surprise us in the next chapter

Anti-panda
June 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah hopefully we'll be treated to a double chapter ... that'd be awesome .. plus it feels like something huge is coming...!
I still think zoro is gonna wind up defeating ryuma. Brooke is awesome but I think that would clear up all the problems some people are having with him being a swordsman.

Hermie
June 16, 2007, 03:31 PM
Even though us poor souls will have to endure waiting an entire extra week for a chapter (yes, that was sarcasm), I'll have to warn people again...

Stop making small, incoherent posts with one or few sentences, and instead take your time to write reflective, thought-out posts. Otherwise I WILL see my fit to close this thread until this chapter arrives.

pcxxy
June 17, 2007, 07:52 PM
Something I want to mention:

Since zombies are driven by the shadows of live hosts, I wonder where these hosts are. Could they be captivated by Moria somewhere in Thriller Park, or are they all feeding off their preserved food while drifting off aimlessly in this Triangle Sea... (and apparently for years too!)

This leads me to question if we may encounter the hosts of Moria's top of the line fighters (e.g. Absalon, Lola, etc), and if they would somehow show up sometime later to gangup with the Strawhats on Moria...

I predict that we may come across a few of them in future chapters... but right now, I can see a huge wave of action coming so there's no room for these stories for now. ;)

Crivizzi
June 18, 2007, 05:03 AM
Something I want to mention:

Since zombies are driven by the shadows of live hosts, I wonder where these hosts are. Could they be captivated by Moria somewhere in Thriller Park, or are they all feeding off their preserved food while drifting off aimlessly in this Triangle Sea... (and apparently for years too!)

This leads me to question if we may encounter the hosts of Moria's top of the line fighters (e.g. Absalon, Lola, etc), and if they would somehow show up sometime later to gangup with the Strawhats on Moria...

I predict that we may come across a few of them in future chapters... but right now, I can see a huge wave of action coming so there's no room for these stories for now. ;)

I don't think Absalom and Perona are zombies.... they are devil's fruit users... or so they seem... what you say is already happening with Ryuma/Brooke, and might happen with the other general zobie, but i don't think... Oda never uses the same trick twice...

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
no BB's fruit is logia and GM's is paramecia I guess ....

but I recently asked myself what happened to Ace ... I wanna know >.<

it's about 20 chapters since the fight was ... would be nice if Oda shows us something about BB vs. Ace ...

caco
June 18, 2007, 07:37 PM
i think i prefer to know what happened to WB and Shanks

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well, Shanks's crew said they wouldn't fight, so they may have formed their alliance already. Or they just wanted to talk, I dunno. I wouldn't like it if they joined, personally, I think they both should just go off with Kaidoh (that bastard) and be in their stand off for Raftel until Luffy shows up and we get the greatest finale ever underway.

Luckas
June 19, 2007, 05:29 AM
Recentely in the OP Discussions Boards and in the Tree of Knowledge I saw an increasing number of posts, which were either too brief or not much meaningful or clearly OffTopic and so on. If this trend will go on, it will be necessary to deal with them more severely.

kazamakj
June 22, 2007, 04:39 AM
I don't think Absalom and Perona are zombies.... they are devil's fruit users... or so they seem... what you say is already happening with Ryuma/Brooke, and might happen with the other general zobie, but i don't think... Oda never uses the same trick twice...

Absalom does seem to have surgery done to him though. Lol the a lions' mouth. Its like hogback did it to him before. Probably not a zombie but maybe changed his face to look more like a king. Wears a crown too.

Hmm on to predictions. I really would like to see Zoro go wild here in thriller bark where there are plenty of former great generals/swordsmen. I liked him better when he was against Mr 1 where he learned to cut steel. It seems that now compared to Luffy he's underpowered.

Brook will most likely join the Straw Hats once they finish this thriller bark arc. Oz and Luffy having a titanic (litterally) battle. Moria didn't get a bounty of 320mil by just sleeping. And wasn't there a mention of someone kicking moria's butt in the new world before he assembled his zombie army?

Hope to get the raws soon and its always great reading this prediction posts ^_^

Hermie
June 22, 2007, 05:27 PM
Raw finally out: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14384

Hermie
June 22, 2007, 05:32 PM
Get 460 here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14384).

Certainly an action-filled, fast-paced chapter! The group divides, only to be re-arranged, and their suddenly facing Oz! What will their fate be? Will they get by him? What will Luffy do to regain his shadow? Whatever is happening to Brooke?

So, nows the time to utter your expectations for the following chapter! Don't be shy!

============================

More One Piece for you!! Now get 461 HERE (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14800) Here and do your pirate talk!
Ho Hum Ho!

borhan
June 22, 2007, 06:28 PM
sanji vs absalom it is comfirmation

davis111
June 22, 2007, 11:20 PM
hm..maybe oz askin sanji for meat? Oz help those guys for meat and den in the end get saltly meat? =X

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 23, 2007, 03:29 AM
great chapter!
Sanji goes badass in the next few chapters :D

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 23, 2007, 03:32 AM
I guess there will be no fight between Oz and the mugiwaras because Luffy loves his nakama and Oz does have his shadow ...

I presume there will some mess upß in the dance hall by Sanji, Franky, Zoro and Usopp

pcxxy
June 23, 2007, 07:16 AM
amazing chapter, i just love how Oda plots events for the Mugiwara crew.

Anyways, it's a surprise to meet Oz 'this early', so maybe there's a chance that someone (Usopp maybe) will fire salt into his mouth to purify him. Following this idea, Moria could later put his own shadow into Oz so he can be teh greatest warrior. This could be the reason why Moria can be a Shichibukai (but then it looks like that he can't do it without the help of Hogback...)

An alternative prediction is that they would befriend with Oz, and fight Moria.

Gaagh... Oda's just way too unpredictable!

ryusuke_
June 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
Great chapter ^^

I think Luffy's crew won't defeat Luffy's zombie. They will defeat Moria and its subdits, but somehow in the end there will be no need to defeat Luffy's zombie (I don't know how, but I like that ugly zombie :P).

I hope to see the esqueleton back in action :D

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 23, 2007, 08:34 AM
Gaagh... Oda's just way too unpredictable!

That's why we love him. It wouldn't be funny if we know what can or will happen ;)

aimaimaim
June 23, 2007, 09:37 AM
prediction? simple..

oz will eat a big-ass rock salt! and moria will kick luffy's ass but in the end moria will be sent flying with another "gomu-gomu" attack of luffy(like duh!?!?! lol)..

also, i think he will use gear 3 more here since he is against a giant. unlike in the CP9 era, which he used gear 2 and used jet gatling. to make leopord guy's pigeon cry.. lol

also, brooke's afro will be cut.. to add more drama.. which oda masters at.. XD

Impel Down
June 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
Well, I guess Luffy won't be fighting Oz now...and I like how Usopp has a more effective way of giving them salt now. And maybe Zoro WILL fight Ryuuma now...he seemed interested. And is Brook even where they're going? I thought he was in the main mansion.

Impel Down
June 23, 2007, 10:58 AM
Franky and Zoro will get messed up by Oz, and be sent to where Brook actually is. I imagine Luffy will run to Moria, and Chopper and Hogback may get into a fight.

Anti-panda
June 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
prediction? simple..

also, brooke's afro will be cut.. to add more drama.. which oda masters at.. XD

Why can't you understand the importance of the afro...?
The afro is important.
It will not be cut.
I liked this chapter to be honest though I was expecting more out of it.. we had a week off.. I guess I'm just ready to see the strawhats kick some ass though.
Perona is starting to grow on me .. though I liked her from the start. I wonder how she does the things with and controls her ghosts. She's called the queen of ghosts but i'd like to know if a DF is behind it or something else..

Anti-panda
June 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
I bet Hogback is up to something .. he wants to be 2nd in command to the zombies? that seemed like he has something planned.
Plus if sanji tries to crash nami's wedding .. he'll have all the general zombies to deal with.
Hopefully next week we'll get the fights started.

ANBU4U
June 23, 2007, 05:52 PM
I predict that:

-Hogbacks up to something.

-He, Perona, and Absalom aren't the greatest fighters.

-GM has enough strength to check OZ himself...or he thinks he does. He's just lazy.

-Luffy's final fight will be against GM, after GM takes out OZ.

-Zorro will defeat Ryuuma....with some pointers from Brooke.

-Brooke will join the crew.

-Chopper will get an upgrade.

-Robin will take care of Perona.

Impel Down
June 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
She's meditated for years with all the My Chemical Romance and Glassjaw CDs, so she's gained emo powers beyond human comprehension, allowing her to project her Chuck Taylor wearing aura at others. See, not everything has to be a DF.

But the afro could just get stabbed or something, I guess, making Brook go Super Sayian, and Laboon could still recognize him.

Impel Down
June 23, 2007, 08:35 PM
-maybe

-no

-no

-yeah

-no

-hell yes!

-no

-no

Absalom has already proved to be really strong, and Perona can stop Luffy and whatnot. And Brook has to defeat Ryuuma, as a testament to his manliness! Perona will just have to stay with Moria, and I guess Hogback could have more power than we know/think.

aimaimaim
June 24, 2007, 01:26 AM
@anti-panda

that is why i want it to be cut to add more drama.. i know its important.. i want tsome like this to happen:

even though brooke's afro is cut/destroyed, because of true friendship and etc., laboon will still recognize brooke and will live happily ever after XD

yoniekai
June 24, 2007, 01:47 AM
if this was naruto, everybody's plan would go smoothly and meet up with their targets. but nooo, they have to meet with Oz first. oda doesnt get sick of being creative....

oz appears to be near invincible....

aimaimaim
June 24, 2007, 04:48 AM
if oz wants to become the pirate king, thought that he could stretch his body and called sanji for meat. is it possilbe that he will recognize all of the crew as his crew. or something like that. that would be great.

oz: this is my crew!
luffy no! this is my crew!
oz: eh.. *picks his nose*
luffy: you!! (like the reactions of spanda XD)
oz: you wanna fight? im gonna send you flying!
luffy: no! im gonna send you flying!
oz:*grabs luffy and suddenly sleeps*...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
luffy: *also suddenly sleeps*...zzzzzzzzzzz
others: eh???

=) enjoy!

Akainu
June 24, 2007, 07:39 AM
Sanji the Black Loung ...um Leg Demon - hilarious Usopp is great in putting Fuel to Fire. Oda teamed them up pretty nice and just then its all mixed up again - great!
And Oz wasnt saluting at all but looking out to sea which kinda relieved me as hes still not obeying GM but actually is up to conquer TB to use it for himself.
Did you realise the Zombies think its the dream of Oz(body) to become Pirateking not of Luffys shadow put in Oz? at least it seems so.
Also Perona seems to do/need sth. in/from her room ? Wanna know more about her and the ghosts :amuse
Oz falling down was so cool rampaging the stairs - but I think he will be pissed somehow for getting attacked.

Akainu
June 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
My prediction for the next chapter/s (which are not easy to predict at all!):
Oz could be pissed because Zoro and Franky attacked him and beat them up, BUT I dont think he felt that. Odds are small that Usosanzoranky could beat Oz - the others shouldnt have to intervene here. Thus they could blind his only remaining eye whereupon the rampaging would just start. But before that could happen I think GM would come to "play" with Oz...sadly.
So Usosanzoranky should land where Zoro and Franky headed before: Peronas room.
There they should get to know the secret of the Ghostprincess which doesnt mean they can beat her!
About Hogbacks requirement to be 2nd in command to the zombies ... i think hes not up to anything more than to protect himself that coward ^^
Also we will see the wedding - dunno whether they proceed or not (as Hogback wanted) and the reaction of Perversalom and the ZG to the new orders.
And finally - not to forget about Brook: I think its very much possible for him to loose against his shadow again and in a very dramatic way getting his Afro cut, just enough to make him cry with enough left to make a smaller one. Please remember: Brook doesnt know that Luffy knows Laboon! Luffy can confirm everything to the whale in the end. In addition to that it gives Zoor the possibility to fight a swordsman and with defeating one who has won against Brook two times he wouldnt have to fight Brook to be best swordsman....

Impel Down
June 24, 2007, 08:34 AM
I still think that somehow, Oz will make it so Zoro and Franky are sent in the opposite direction, to where Brook is, and Sanji will make some zombie tell him where Absalom is, and he'll rush there, with Usopp I guess, and the wedding will keep getting delayed hilariously, until next NEXT chapter, where Sanji will show up.

ANBU4U
June 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
-maybe

-no

-no

-yeah

-no

-hell yes!

-no

-no

Absalom has already proved to be really strong, and Perona can stop Luffy and whatnot. And Brook has to defeat Ryuuma, as a testament to his manliness! Perona will just have to stay with Moria, and I guess Hogback could have more power than we know/think.

I'll give you Ryuuma v. Brooke, as its my sincerest hope anyway. But I think Perona and Absalom are trick fighters.....nowhere near the all around skill of Kaku or Jyabura. Once their tricks are figured out any one of the Mugiwara could take them out. i.e. Perona's ghost and Absalom's invisibility tricks.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 25, 2007, 02:34 AM
- but I think he will be pissed somehow for getting attacked.

I really don't think that he felt that what Zoro and Franky did to him .... compare their size to Oz' ... but we'll see

darkband
June 25, 2007, 03:06 AM
That though is probably just the tip of Perona and Absalom's abilities though. I think in the coming chapters we will see what they really can do. About other characters, I think Oz will accidentally fling Franky and Zoro near Brooke, and everyone else will then attempt to crash the wedding. Luffy being dragged along because he is all starry-eyed over how cool his zombie is. Yeah, that's how I think it's gonna go down.

Hiruma Disciple
June 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
Oz sees the straw hats and help them out. Moria gets pissed and somehow *kill* Oz and causes Luffy to go berserk and then next chapter ;)

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:41 PM
I'll give you Ryuuma v. Brooke, as its my sincerest hope anyway. But I think Perona and Absalom are trick fighters.....nowhere near the all around skill of Kaku or Jyabura. Once their tricks are figured out any one of the Mugiwara could take them out. i.e. Perona's ghost and Absalom's invisibility tricks.

Well, Perona has only shown submission moves so far, you're right, but she's never needed to really fight anyone either, just stop them. Absalom, on the other hand, has directly fought others, making those explosions with his hands. Whether or not those are just invisible guns or whatever is debatable, but they aren't total trick fighters.

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:42 PM
Just because you're big doesn't mean you don't feel pain. But, in the end of the chapter, he did seem kinda pissed at Franky and Zoro.

kazamakj
June 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
Well, Perona has only shown submission moves so far, you're right, but she's never needed to really fight anyone either, just stop them. Absalom, on the other hand, has directly fought others, making those explosions with his hands. Whether or not those are just invisible guns or whatever is debatable, but they aren't total trick fighters.

I agree with the not totally trick fighter bit. I can't imagine GM's crew being a bunch of weaklings. I mean the Shichibukai who have appeared. (Mihawk being the exception and no mention of Bartholomew Bear's crewmates) and the Yonkou all should have crewmates whom seem like combat monsters to survive.

On a side note I do Still think Absalom is partially a zombie or having gone under the knife of Hogback. (lol unless he's a race in the OP world. Scar Lion Faced general?)

Oda is probably doing something spectacular for OZ. Either Zoro and the rest get smashed or Oz asks Sanji for meat and they sit down to chat.

I do have the feeling this will be a long arc though (regardless of the Strawhat's only having until dawn) or else i would have just said Luffy rushes off to fight GM and a battle quickly ensures.

pcxxy
June 26, 2007, 02:27 AM
I don't feel that this arc is going to be that long, at least not thriller park, because I mean, they're already almost fighting the boss now and I think that this arc may somehow have strings that lead to the following Mermaid arc.

I don't know why people keep saying Absalom isn't a zombie... I mean, someone showed that it appeared to have been patched (and swapped) with teh face of a lion. On the other hand, he might be a special one because he appears to have some abilities on top of his invisibility. However, I don't feel that invisibility would pose any threats to the Mugiwara, so I don't think Oda will make a big deal out of it in the upcoming fights.

I just want to predict (some more) that:
-This Thriller park arc won't be that long (maybe 20 more chapters)
-Moria won't be involved in a fight in Ch 461
-There will be some interesting conversation between Oz and Luffy

Limba Limba no Mi
June 26, 2007, 03:12 AM
Just because you're big doesn't mean you don't feel pain. But, in the end of the chapter, he did seem kinda pissed at Franky and Zoro.

but he didn't even look at them...

kazamakj
June 26, 2007, 03:21 AM
I just want to predict (some more) that:
-This Thriller park arc won't be that long (maybe 20 more chapters)
-Moria won't be involved in a fight in Ch 461
-There will be some interesting conversation between Oz and Luffy

All very possible predictions. A short arc with the straw hat's managing to get their shadows back and a grudge against GM. Hahaha just like Buggy's grudge against them.

Nice one pcxxy

Limba Limba no Mi
June 26, 2007, 03:21 AM
Graveyard Absalom isn't a zombie, or he couldn't have zombies underlings. The fact that he has got a lion face is surely because Hogback replaced it for I dont know what. If Absalom was a zombie, he would had appeared more decomposed, like all zombies do. He's got just the "scars" of the surgery that replaced his face.

I think that we still have at least 5 or even 7 (if we don't wanna say 10) chapters for the fights. We still have to see the story of brook, what his face was like and who killed him and all his crew. And I think we will see it before the fights.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 26, 2007, 04:17 AM

I know ... but my thought was, that Zoro's attack was like a mosquito's stitch for Oz ;)

Kikuna992
June 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
Ive got a feeling Perona will attack Robin with the negative ghosts and Robin just not changing at all because shes so negative all the time, seeing the darker side of any situation. It could be one of Oda's jokes.

Impel Down
June 26, 2007, 01:03 PM
That would be pretty hilarious. Maybe it would even cheer her up. Besides, Perona isn't that hot, and after Nami v. Califa, I think she'll only fight the hottest female villain from now on.

Impel Down
June 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
So, then he could feel it, and it would just annoy him. But, if he's like Luffy, than maybe "weak" attacks don't register with him at all, in fact, maybe he fell asleep.

Nami
July 02, 2007, 03:06 AM
Get 461 HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14800)

Now, feel free to predict the next chapter here! :amuse

Mugiwara_no_Jack
July 02, 2007, 05:03 AM
I guess in the next chapter we'll see Chopper and Robin get serious and start the fight. Maybe there will be something about the wedding as well ^^

Crivizzi
July 02, 2007, 08:11 AM
I guess in the next chapter we'll see Chopper and Robin get serious and start the fight. Maybe there will be something about the wedding as well ^^

i think it's possible... usually the first fight is the one against the weakest opponent (Hogback and cindry in this case).... but there's the possibility we will see something about broke vs ryuma..... remember: zoro needs the third sword and i think he will take it from ryuma... i agree there'll be something about the wedding...... go nami!!!! kick his ass!!!!

rai-chu
July 02, 2007, 08:29 AM
Probably we will see some update about Absalom and Nami's wedding. Then some of the Straw Hats crew will enter battle mode. I am really interested is Usopp battle against Perona. How he will fight a (puppetmaster maybe??) with ghosts?

bakh
July 02, 2007, 08:47 AM
It's really fun chapter. I want to see more:(

bebekhappy
July 02, 2007, 09:11 AM
heheh...yeah another great chapter, it's just amazing how franky build that bridge in tht short amount of time...with DETAILS!!!

And we have another interesting scene with nami and absalom...i bet those ugly lips would get to nami before sanji's arrival, man that is just so close, i wonder what would happen if nami just suddenly woke up n see the thing in front of her eyes ^_-.

Towelie
July 02, 2007, 09:19 AM
A truly great chapter!

Oda once again surprised us with Usopps and Robins pairings.
I just wonder what kind of fighting abilities Cindry and Perona might else have...

purplerose_04
July 02, 2007, 02:44 PM
lol, man Usopps is funny... so Robin is fighting w/ Cindry, chopper w/ Dr. H, and Usopps w/ Perona, how funny. I wonder how Usopps will fight against her.

treemu
July 02, 2007, 02:55 PM
I finally got to see that Enel face on Perona(frickin' emayzeng). A fun chappy overall.
I'm actually quite pleased with Oda's pairings, in such a way that he has to come up with some crazy moves for Usopp and the two zombie gals. Cindry's simply too weak for Robin and Usopp was just found immune to Perona's only move so far. Kabuto has yet to show it's battling capabilities, so we should experience great fights in the not so distant future.

Sarmad
July 02, 2007, 04:28 PM
Somebody will definitely crash the wedding! And i bet on Absalom's FAN in love, Lola! She is destined to crash it ^^

Paz42
July 02, 2007, 05:00 PM
i never expected Ussop to fight against Perona nor Robin against Cindry but hogback and chopper i kinda knew that was comming as i think we all did but then for sanji and zoro's shadows to turn up to the fight aswell and who would have thought luffy would get to moria so soon im really looking forward to the next chapter theres gonna be some awesome ass kicking im hoping.

And plus when Oz put on that huge chunk of rubble on his head as a hat and then walked off that was some funny stuff Oda sensai with another awesome chapter

Anti-panda
July 02, 2007, 05:02 PM
Awesome chapter .. I'm really looking forward to the chopper/robin + Hogback/cindry fight.
You know Sanji's gonna break up the wedding... Or maybe nami's just faking being asleep... and is gonna put absolom in his place. who knows I'm really looking forward to next week.

Paz42
July 02, 2007, 05:03 PM
im predicting some conversations between luffy and moria and the start of the fights between hogback/chopper perona/ussop robin/cindry just wondering how zoro and sanjis shadows are going to fit into the whole fight situation

but what i really really want is some more of Oz i fall more and more in love with him every time i see him hes doing somthing awesome and hilarious

Limba Limba no Mi
July 02, 2007, 05:35 PM
I think in the next chapter we will see the other fights getting ready to start. Maybe Lola will come in absalom wedding and make some chaos.
But i really think that after the setting up of the fights and before they really start, we will see Brook story, and after that the fights will really begin and Moria's crew is going to really be heavy ass-kicked! I'm really looking forward for it!

pcxxy
July 02, 2007, 09:03 PM
Wedding Crashers: Either Lola will do it, or Nami herself will wake up and crash it.

Fights: We will probably see them in the order:

1) Usopp vs Perona
2) Chopper + Robin vs Hogback + Cindry + Dogpen + Ryuma
3) Zoro, Sanji will somehow split from Franky
4) Franky will find Brook
5) Zoro and Sanji will find Chopper + Robin while they're almost losing or something...
6) Luffy vs Moria

hmm I forgot about Absalom... I'll leave that for you guys.

I want to make a long term prediction: The next one to join the crew (after Brook) will be a fat-ass because that's what's missing from their crew. ;p

haruka9
July 02, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'm starting to suspect Moria's real strength. He seems calmed about Oz' rampage around his ship. And he didn't even reacted much when he saw Luffy. Maybe because it was reported to him earlier about Luffy and his crew getting into action> But, there is something suspicious about Moria. He once said that no matter what, Oz would and should obey him and that he wanted to play with him. Those sounded that he's confident with his skill and that he's strong.

kazamakj
July 03, 2007, 01:55 AM
Wedding Crashers: Either Lola will do it, or Nami herself will wake up and crash it.

Fights: We will probably see them in the order:

1) Usopp vs Perona
2) Chopper + Robin vs Hogback + Cindry + Dogpen + Ryuma
3) Zoro, Sanji will somehow split from Franky
4) Franky will find Brook
5) Zoro and Sanji will find Chopper + Robin while they're almost losing or something...
6) Luffy vs Moria

hmm I forgot about Absalom... I'll leave that for you guys.

I want to make a long term prediction: The next one to join the crew (after Brook) will be a fat-ass because that's what's missing from their crew. ;p

I tend to agree with pcxxy with a few of the factors.

1) Usopp vs Perona should be a funny match where Usopp's negativity helps insteads of hinders him

2) Here its already a free for all and I don't think Ryuma will show up

3) Zoro will most likely get lost (its a sure thing) and meet his own shadow OR meet up with Brook

4) Brook will manage to beat his Shadow (if he can't well he should)

5) Luffy and Moria will not fight more talk about how Moria came to be.

caco
July 03, 2007, 10:42 AM
i think in next chapter we wil go back to the fight of brook and ryuma and hope we´ll see luffy start to fight with moria

kadodo
July 03, 2007, 05:24 PM
This chapter was all right for me. Not the best but all right. I wonder how is it that Ussop is not being manipulated by Perona's ghosts. Maybe it has to do with the way that Ussop thinks but I still do not see why.

Oh yeah, it seems that Chopper is in for a fight with Hogback. However, does Hogback have any fighting skills? I'm having a feeling he's just going to rely on some zombies to finish off Chopper, but I may be wrong.

Robin vs. Chinry. It looks like Chinry already lost the battle because Robin could break her hands to prevent her from throwing any more plates.

it looks like Moria and Luffy met with each other. I cannot wait to see how that fight is going to be since Moria is only 20 million more than Luffy.

One other thing that came to my mind is this: What if Moria had a zombie that had his own shadow?

One of the funniest thing in this chapter for me was when Franky built the bridge in just seconds. Oda be coming with some ideas....

The big giant that has Luffy's shadow is just like Luffy. I have to say he's a already a funny character. I'm gonna miss him when he's gone. If Luffy fights him by himself, I bet you it's gonna be a hell of a fight. It could also be a good way for Luffy to get stronger and find some of his weaknesses.

darkband
July 03, 2007, 06:07 PM
I think the next chapter will begin with Chopper and Robin fighting Cindry and Hogback, maybe a bit of Luffy and Moria. Then I think the wedding will be crashed in a really odd way, and it ends with a "who is the one crashing it" type thing.

Long term I think that

1. Lola will be the one who crashes the wedding. Then Nami will wake up and combine forces with her.

2. Ussop Vs. Perona will be the first fight.

3. Chopper vs. Hogback and Robin Vs. Cindry will be the next fights.

4. Zoro gets lost as he, Sanji and Franky try to get to the wedding, and he end up with Brooke and Ryuma. Sanji and Franky make it to the wedding and they help crash it.

5. Zoro is about to fight Ryuma, but Brooke pulls out some new kick ass move, and owns Ryuma. Then Zoro gets the sword and he and Brooke head off together towards the mansion. (Not sure who Zoro fights, but I think Brooke has to be the one who beats his shadow.)

6. We learn about Moria and how he became a shichibukai and then he and Luffy fight.

lzcloveop
July 04, 2007, 01:09 AM
Sanji has been Superman,I wonder absalom how to die!
It's very exciting!~

Impel Down
July 04, 2007, 06:05 PM
So...since Perona said that she was a "spirit woman", does that mean she ate a DF? And the ghosts to me are beginning to seem like a total Bleach homage to me. Oh, and Oda gets 1,000 bonus points for giving Usopp the power we all said Robin would get.

Impel Down
July 04, 2007, 06:09 PM
I agree with your first part, but I don't think Usopp vs. Perona will be first, I'm guessing it will be Choppy vs. Hogback first, but I think the first fights will be the beginning of Moria v. Luffy. Oh, and it's revealed that Perona is Enel's long-lost cousin.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/ImpelDown/waaaa.png

Dare to compare to Perona last chapter

kadodo
July 04, 2007, 07:31 PM
So...since Perona said that she was a "spirit woman", does that mean she ate a DF? And the ghosts to me are beginning to seem like a total Bleach homage to me. Oh, and Oda gets 1,000 bonus points for giving Usopp the power we all said Robin would get.

Yep, it was unexpected for Ussop to be one not being effected by Perona's ghost. I'm so glad it's not Sanji, he will never be able to finish off a woman. Anyways, I think this fight will be a good one for Ussop and might be the right time for him to stert using other techniques.

Impel Down
July 04, 2007, 08:36 PM
This is probably gonna raise Usopp's street cred tenfold, I agree. Although, sadly, it seems like now Sogeking won't be showing up. But, the page where he reveals that it doesn't affect him, that was so fucking hilarious!

kadodo
July 04, 2007, 11:19 PM
But, the page where he reveals that it doesn't affect him, that was so fucking hilarious!

Yeah, it sure was funny. I think he said something lie : "I'm already negative"

lzcloveop
July 05, 2007, 12:08 AM
Perona has been ate a DF,ghost DF!

Impel Down
July 05, 2007, 11:51 AM
Well, they don't really say that she does, I don't think, but she refers to herself as if she did. She called herself a "spirit woman", and every DF user says "I'm a rubber man." "I'm a soap woman.", like Perona.

Helltroll
July 05, 2007, 03:00 PM
yes....but i wonder what other fects this df has. the o attack we have seen so far was "negative hollow" and this ability seems to be not effective against pessemistic people.

Post edited because of references to spoilers outside Spoilers threads. Please don't do it again.

Impel Down
July 05, 2007, 06:27 PM
Well, it scouts, for one thing, and it seemed to be able to hold Luffy back physically, as well as drain his spirit. And Luckas, that's not really a spoiler, since it happened the very chapter we are discussing.

The spoiler has been deleted from his post.

Hermie
July 06, 2007, 06:16 PM
Get 462 here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14984)

Oh boy, what an exciting chapter! We finally see that it is Zoro that will face Ryuuma, and Sanji reaches the chapel, just in time! In the meantime, Oz is continuing his rampage, and Ussopp is facing off against Perona.

Now, what will happen in the next chapter? Will Brooke admit defeat, and run away? Will Ussopp stand against Peronas onslaught? Will Zoro get his sword? How will Absalom fight against Sanji? It's time to give us your thoughts!

Hermie
July 06, 2007, 06:23 PM
Chapter out: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14984

What are your thoughts, people?

pcxxy
July 06, 2007, 08:06 PM
Oda's just too unpredictable!!! <- this should hold true for some good amount of time.

*laughs* this is the happiest moment of the week!

Anyways, it's just WAY TOO INTERESTING to see how the story develops. Nothing so far was really predictables...

- Usopp's ultimate pessimissity...
- Oz annihilated all Gen Zombs
- Zoro encountering Ryuma this early, Luffy & Moria, and Sanji & Absalon

Really, I'm just soo happy. hahah

pcxxy
July 06, 2007, 08:09 PM
So I assume that the fights are all ready to go, since the mixing and matching has all been done.

There is nothing much to predict really because obviously the Strawhats will win (don't let me be wrong on this one), but I guess we'll first get to witness Usopp, Chopper and Robins fights because they are the weaker dudes.

On one hand (i know it's off topic), I'm EXTREMELY eager to how Zoro will defeat that dude.

On the other hand, my one prediction would be:

Lola will come out of nowhere and rescue (yes, RESCUE) Absalon... and Sanji will LOSE TO HER because afterall, no matter how much you don't want to believe, she's a girl >.<

No more saying first post and so on.
- It is just my first and probably one and only time so I just wanted to make a big deal out of it.

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 10:45 PM
Oda-sensei...I thought we had an understanding: Brook MUST be the one do defeat Ryuuma! I feel...like we've grown apart TT_TT

Oh well, at least he's getting his new sword now. And Usopp was pretty hilarious this chapter. "What low self-esteem!" So much victory. And is it just me, or is Nami's hair, like, a lot longer in her wedding outfit?

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 10:46 PM
I predict that next chapter, it will probably be mainly Sanji vs. Absalom related, although I can see more of Oz's adventures happening.

jinsomnia
July 06, 2007, 11:14 PM
im laughing my ass out!!!! rofl!!
- THE NEGATIVE GHOSTS HAVE LOST IN TERM OF NEGATIVITY!

never thought of sumthing like dat.. neway, seeing that all the general zombies been smushed like that, i think dat some of the more special zeneral zombies that did not follow orders may still be alive...

well, let see.. only nami and franky did not have a oartner currently..

kazamakj
July 06, 2007, 11:44 PM
Unless Perona has help from the animal zombies that are guarding her I do not think she will be able to beat Usopp. If its just the intangible negative ghosts then I predict a fast win by Usopp. Unless of course she has Positive ghosts whom can actually land physical blows on Usopp.

Zoro vs Ryuma. This will be a great fight and yeap the sword will definitely fall into zoro's hands. Probably a lot of two sword attacks by zoro with ryuma defending before he unleashes his humming sword skills which will shock zoro and maybe prompt zoro to use some new moves.

The Lola rescuing Absalon by pcxxy is great. I'll just add to that saying if Lola beats Sanji then it just might be a Nami vs Lola fight. OR Nami bribes Lola by saying since their in a church why don't Lola just marry Absalon after they knock him unconscious.

This is seriously a great chapter and will lead to more great ones.

ryusuke_
July 07, 2007, 03:30 AM
New sword for Zoro, Usopp pwns even more those Hollows and Pellona...

what a great chapter!!

I hope we'll see more of this proudly pessimistic Usopp pwning everybody around, heh :P

ryusuke_
July 07, 2007, 03:33 AM
I think the first battle we'll see finish will be Robin and Chopper ones, cause (apart of Chopper being a monster) those characters are the weaker ones in this arc, at least for the moment.

I think Pellona will retirate against Usopp and then we'll see that fearfull Usopp again :P

About Zoro, since that fight has to do with Brooke (¿new character?) and its story of Laboon, it will be the last to finish (not counting Luffy).

pcxxy
July 07, 2007, 05:52 AM
Oda-sensei...I thought we had an understanding: Brook MUST be the one do defeat Ryuuma! I feel...like we've grown apart TT_TT

Oh well, at least he's getting his new sword now. And Usopp was pretty hilarious this chapter. "What low self-esteem!" So much victory. And is it just me, or is Nami's hair, like, a lot longer in her wedding outfit?

fear not, i'm pretty sure that Brook will do something amazing before this arc ends :)

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well, he won't be fighting Jigouroh, since he's with Hogback...and all the other ZGs were killed by Oz, so he can't fight any of them either...

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 11:19 AM
Zoro's fight is always second to last, after Sanji's, so it'll probably be Usopp and Perona ending, without any REAL fighting, then Chopper v. Hogback, then Brook will find someone, then Sanji v. Absalom, and Zoro v. Ryuuma, then finally Luffy v. Moria and/or Oz. I don't really think Robin will have an actual fight with Cindry.

Suzumushi
July 07, 2007, 12:55 PM
Hahaha! Usopp really reminds me of Van Helsing, especially in terms of clothing. And regarding the design of the current arc, Oda must have thought something like that, too. More negative than the negative hollows, that's genius ;)

ryusuke_
July 07, 2007, 01:21 PM
And what will Franky do? Poor... he must feel useless.

Maybe he joins Brooke, Usopp, Chopper and Robin and they all try to get rid of Oz :P

ForteAnly
July 07, 2007, 01:37 PM
Pretty cool chapter. What happend with the color spread of this week's manga. It wasn't bundled with the release becasue the one's I got didn't have the color spread.

Akainu
July 07, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, he won't be fighting Jigouroh, since he's with Hogback...and all the other ZGs were killed by Oz, so he can't fight any of them either...

yeah Oz has got so much salt on his hands it goes directly to the mouths of the ZG and they are all killed.... its Zombies we are talking about they might be crushed and unable to fight for a short time but actually they should somehow be able to recover (at least they should haven been before as long as Hogback was able to help them out... :D)

btw.: sry if that sounded a bit rude ;)

pcxxy
July 07, 2007, 04:09 PM
alternatively, the zombies may be physically destroyed (e.g. all the limbs are crushed) so even if they are alive, they would need some fixing (e.g. by Hogback) before they can return to battle.

Still, I believe that Brook has a role to fulfill in this arc ;)

Also, I want to add that the fun in reading OP (and I believe this is where part of the success comes from) is that the story is actually MOVING. Unlike some titles (I won't mention names ;p), we're stuck in one fight scene chapters after chapters, and at the end of each, it seems as though nothing has really happened... you get the idea.

pcxxy
July 07, 2007, 04:14 PM
I predict that the battle between Usopp and Perona is not over yet. Perona has to have something more than just negative hollows... and besides, there are plenty of zombies around to keep Usopp busy.

I also predict that Oz will eventually lose Luffy's shadow and Moria will place his shadow into Oz.

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 04:52 PM
Well, Oz will lose his shadow when Moria is defeated, right? So then Oz won't lose his shadow until the arc's end. And I'm sure there'll be more to Perona v. Usopp, since we need to see why she can make those ghosts.

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 04:54 PM
hmm...I can't think of ANY mangas like that...

But I agree that Brook has a role to fulfill, I just can't think of what it is now, unless Jigouroh shows up near them.

blue_flash
July 08, 2007, 02:40 AM
Maybe Oz will help Luffy to defeat Moria, cuz i think Luffy not strong enough to kick Moria ass and since he just get his bounty increase, if he defeat Moria his bounty will increase again. To early i think.

Don Lazy
July 08, 2007, 06:44 AM
I want a fight between luffy and OZ, a fight with moria isnt so exciting

Impel Down
July 08, 2007, 08:11 AM
Well, we can't really say that, since we only know a fraction of Moria's power, and all Oz can do is just regular attacks, as massive and powerful as they are.

PaperYomiko
July 08, 2007, 09:17 AM
zoro's getting a cool sword?! excellent!! :smile-big and Usopp's power of negativity is unbeatable?! Thank goodness the afro survived though, that was scary... :XD
I'm not going to add anything new or intelligent to this discussion, but I haven't posted here in a while so I just wanted to say how great this chapter was :amuse
I do have to say, I'm really beginning to like Oz. But the flaming Sanji jumping off the building really made the chapter for me :D

Krisel
July 08, 2007, 10:13 AM
Zoro is goin to finish too soon,.I dont think ryuma is a hard match for him.
Regular or not,Oz is unstopable for now.He beated all the general zombies within 5 secs.Whatever...Moria isnt just a punk,he looked very serious and all-powerful when speaking with Hogback.He said he was bored and wanted to play a bit with Oz...O_o->He wasnt frickin joking.

Akainu
July 08, 2007, 12:00 PM
I think Zoro will get another big scar - perhaps somwhere he doesnt have one yet... in his face or on his back ???
Also i think
Brook and Franky will leave soon and back up Chopper and Robin in a teamfight.
Dunno if Nami will wake soon but Sanji will kick ass there unlike Usopp who I think will be the crews coward soon enough although there is hope left that Oda manages to surprise me ^^.
Did I forget someone? oh yeah Luffy :darn I ve really no idea but I think a weak villain would be something totally new afaik and in addition to that a super strong 'underling'.
I imagine it somehow like Moria yelling to Oz look at this guy (i.e. Luffy) he wants to be king of pirates and Oz will be like: no way its gonna be me...

neomaster121
July 08, 2007, 02:27 PM
well it seems like Zoro gonna have issues with the speed and skill of his opponent (reminds me of mihawk and thoses two bullets) i wanna see Zoro take a more skillful approach to fighting Ryuma. Maybe some defensive skills and some more straight forward attacks. But for the next chapter i think we will see sanjis fight first.

ANBU4U
July 08, 2007, 05:14 PM
So I assume that the fights are all ready to go, since the mixing and matching has all been done.

There is nothing much to predict really because obviously the Strawhats will win (don't let me be wrong on this one), but I guess we'll first get to witness Usopp, Chopper and Robins fights because they are the weaker dudes.

On one hand (i know it's off topic), I'm EXTREMELY eager to how Zoro will defeat that dude.

On the other hand, my one prediction would be:

Lola will come out of nowhere and rescue (yes, RESCUE) Absalon... and Sanji will LOSE TO HER because afterall, no matter how much you don't want to believe, she's a girl >.<

- It is just my first and probably one and only time so I just wanted to make a big deal out of it.

You know.....I'm not so certain how weak Robin is. We've never REALLY seen her in a fight that challenged her. Tashigi and the Skypeia Priestess were utter pwns....and at the time of their fight even Luffy couldn't touch Akoji....so thats not a reasonable assessment of her ability.

On top of all that Akoji himself 'seems' to imply that Robin could have escaped from CP9 herself if she really wanted to. Whether this was before or after her arrival at Ennis Lobby I'm not sure, but Robin seems to concur with his hypothesis.....

Bottom line- I wouldn't be completely shocked if Oda decided to take Robin's fight with Cindry out of the room.....where Chopper couldn't see.....and have her rip out Cindry's heart by growing an arm out of her chest. Something insanely grotesque and powerful like that.
I'd just go "ohhhhhh......you know I thought she was hiding her ability." or "I knew something was up...."

Regardless, I think she's somewhere along the lines of Franky (and Brooke?) ability wise, rather than the same league as Nami, Ussop, and Chopper. In fact, were I forced to bet I'd say Robin beats Franky heads up.

pcxxy
July 08, 2007, 06:10 PM
Well I understand your point, but so far in the series, Robin never appeared to be a character with strength per se. To me, it's more like using her wit to attack enemy weak points, although to be able to attack (e.g. break some joints) means that there needs to be some raw muscle power to start with.

I see her more of a character with 'magic powers' if she in some RPG game if you know what i mean. And yes I would agree that she can rip out Cindry's heart although this is not the kind of strength (i.e. raw power) that others of the crew have.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is sorta weak because she is a scholar to start with. We shall what Oda's imagination will show us as the story unveils ;)

ANBU4U
July 08, 2007, 07:13 PM
Well I understand your point, but so far in the series, Robin never appeared to be a character with strength per se. To me, it's more like using her wit to attack enemy weak points, although to be able to attack (e.g. break some joints) means that there needs to be some raw muscle power to start with.

I see her more of a character with 'magic powers' if she in some RPG game if you know what i mean. And yes I would agree that she can rip out Cindry's heart although this is not the kind of strength (i.e. raw power) that others of the crew have.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is sorta weak because she is a scholar to start with. We shall what Oda's imagination will show us as the story unveils ;)

I meant like....grow an arm from the INSIDE of Cindry...rather than her usual outside attached arms. I mean when you think about I don't see why she WOULDN'T be able to do that, and if she could well...i mean no 'raw' power is needed. A baby could kill you with that kind of ability.

Ginny-N
July 08, 2007, 07:32 PM
Let's me see...

Order in Arlong Saga: Ussop, Zoro, Sanji, Luffy
Order in Arabasta Saga: Ussop + Chopper, Sanji, Nami, Zoro, Luffy
Order in Skypiea: (I'm not sure) Nami, Robin, Chopper, Zoro, Luffy
Order in Ennies Lobby: Franky, "Chopper", Nami, Sanji, Zoro, Luffy

The Only thing I can saw here, the only ones who has always personal fights are Zoro and Luffy (Because Zoro personal growth is obtained by fighting and Luffy is the main character), but I don't think that actually exist a some sort of "order".

And, 1. We technically knows nothing about the Mysterious Four, and 2. All the fights are in the same time. The only reason why Zoro's and Sanji's fights were resolved in the final was because Oda mades a little plot for that and because, for Ussop's great moment, Franky must be there, and that why Franky finish first. I think this is the arc of the weakers ones, and that why I think this gonna be reversed.

pcxxy
July 08, 2007, 08:06 PM
anbu4j00: well as far as i can recall, robin can only grow body parts off surfaces that she can see... so unless she has also the byakugan or sharingan, she can't do it... but she can easily grow arms to open her mouth and throw salt into it... and win without going through the gore.

ginny: nice analysis. i think Oda puts the fights in the order of anticipatedness... i.e. the ones we're most interested in last so we work our way up the hill of climax he sets for us. I'm not sure of the fight orders, but the best one WILL most likely be last!

out of nowhere I have this feeling that Sanji may acquire a new move... probably a ranged atk too! It'll be an 'level up' of his Diablo kick where he can now kick flame to attack enemies at a distance ;)

pcxxy
July 08, 2007, 08:36 PM
Lol, it looks like Sanji has become a fire-elemental character.

First his Diablo Kick, now his Flaming Body... soon he'll be able to kick fireballs and enemies at a distance! Wait... wouldn't that be kinda like Ace D. what's-his-name? ;)

Lohnt
July 08, 2007, 09:43 PM
Ace may be kinda dead so... yea

Besides, his power is heat, Ace is fire, there IS a difference between the two.
Now that during the funny scenes he won't just turn into a wisp of loooooooooooooooove but still

I'm not terribly happy about the chapter. It's a bit TOO good to be true, it's what everyone was asking for.
Zoro getting to fight and get a new sword, Sanji saving Nami, and Ussop doing something awesome, meanwhile Oz still has yet to show any signs of evil.
I was hoping for some more originality =/ I really wanted to see some more depth to Oda's ode to his old manga one shots.

kazamakj
July 08, 2007, 11:31 PM
Well as a joke Sanji already managed to fly in the air when he was burning up with passion or envy or a lot of both.

I could probably see a double devil's leg though. Both his legs glowing red. But a ranged attack?? Not too sure though.

Ryuma vs Zoro will be great but its a sure thing that the sword will be his before long.

Robin should just run over Cindry whom only has a plate throwing ability only (for now)

Wonder how Chopper and Hogback will fight though. Since we have not really seen what Hogback can do yet.

Hopefully Moria lives up to the name of a Shichibukai cause the ones so far were all deadly and good fighters with clear plans.

darknitemarch
July 09, 2007, 12:50 AM
I think Zoro is going to use Brooke's sword to fight Ryuuma, then take the sword when he's done. (Though, seeing as there isn't exactly a wide variety of available swords, this is kind of obvious if he's going to use Santoryuu.)

I also wanna see at least a bit of Absalom's story before Sanji beats the crap out of him... he has to explain this:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/DannyCuraca/finallion.png http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/DannyCuraca/absalom.png

The stitches match, so I'm figuring that's his real face... the only part I don't get is the why. Maybe he's actually ridiculously good looking like that cook, Wanze (CP9 arc). :-D

zelllogan
July 09, 2007, 12:20 PM
Ace is not dead, remember the paper in luffy's hat. No news about the paper mean that ace is not dead.

Absolutio
July 09, 2007, 06:01 PM
I meant like....grow an arm from the INSIDE of Cindry...rather than her usual outside attached arms. I mean when you think about I don't see why she WOULDN'T be able to do that, and if she could well...i mean no 'raw' power is needed. A baby could kill you with that kind of ability.

When robin was joining the SH crew, when she was asked for her speciality, the answer was: Assisination. It's not so hard for her to kill her opponet - Simply growin hands on his shoulders and breaking his neck..

In some sort of manners, she's even stronger than zoro.. So I don't see how ppl even compare her to the "lower fighters" of the SH.. Not to mention, each of the SH's (Including ussop) is strong.. If he wasnt, he wouldnt have been able to stay with them for that long.

As for my prediction.. I think that we will see the start of sanji's fight with absalom, and then have a switch to chopper+robin.

pcxxy
July 09, 2007, 06:28 PM
well there's two kinds of assassination:

assassination of strong people... and assassination of weak people. as a normal human (and anyone close), i don't think they would stand a chance against Robin's abilities.

but c'mon, Cindry's a zombie, and you know zombies can stand no matter how many times you break their neck. also, Oda hadn't shown us so far if Robin's muscle power can oppose that of... let's say... Garp's.

This is partly why I see her as a 'weaker fighter', but please don't confuse with an absolutely weak fighter... think of her as a 'weak strong fighter'. ;)

pcxxy
July 09, 2007, 06:31 PM
We don't know about Ace, I don't think he's dead but for sure he's badly hurt.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Sanji is a flame generator... I still remember how cool he was when he finally decided to use his arms in a battle vs. Noodle man... Oda never stops impressing me and I just love his manga.

off topic: this thread's kinda getting too quiet...

Ginny-N
July 09, 2007, 06:42 PM
Not to mention, each of the SH's (Including ussop) is strong.. If he wasnt, he wouldnt have been able to stay with them for that long.

The point with him is he doesn't know and he doesn't have confidence of himself. AND, he doesn't has Marcial Training, like Zoro, Sanji and Luffy.

Robin apparition creates the new classification for the Straw Hats, about the ones who rely in their Abilities, and they develop their Abilities based in personal experience. While the three monsters had a mixture of strengh and brain, they are purely brain. Robin because she rely in their Devil Fruit Power, Franky because he has to upgrade himself and Brook because he doesn't have muscles, so he has to rely in his ability with the sword. They are like the weakers gonna be in a near future...

pcxxy
July 09, 2007, 10:26 PM
well said hehe, that's why i see Robin as a 'magic user' if she's a character in a RPG game.

she relies purely on her abilities and have probably no muscle power ;)

kazamakj
July 10, 2007, 02:49 AM
Generally all the straw hats are tough. Since they have gotten more damage than most pirates can bear. I mean they held off how many captains when waiting for Luffy to finish his fight against Lucci. With Robin's ability it doesn't matter about how much physical power she doesnt have, its her strategy and experience that wins through almost all the time.

The time she beat Pell in Albasta. Physically Pell should be stronger but it was just a bad match against robin. Against Cindry unless cindry doesn't feel any pain and is stronger than I originally thought then she should lose easily. All Robin needs to do is grow an arm and toss salt.

rotflol162
July 10, 2007, 04:14 PM
Thank goodness the afro survived though, that was scary... :XD
oda must rlly lik afros, but i wonder if brook rlly will join the strawhat crew rite after he gets his shadow back, cuz wouldnt he wanna go back to c the whale? (forgot his name) And going back would take an awfully long time...

caco
July 11, 2007, 12:29 PM
I think that they are near the middle of GL so if brook go one direction or thhe other is the same distance, so he could go with the SH and that will be his motivation to overcome everything in the future, well that is what i hope.

Impel Down
July 11, 2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, they said they were pretty close to the New World entrance, right? So after this, it's probably off to the Red Line and whatnot. Brook could probably just jump over it anyway.

sahugani
July 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
the latest chapter of One Piece is now out and you can pick it up at the RTS HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=461168#post461168).

From the looks of it, we continue to be spoiled by Oda. Although we arent seeing anything out of the highly anticipated Zoro vs Ryuuma duel from last week, the return of Luffy and continuation of Sanji makes up for it. Get it, let it sink in, and predict away

kazamakj
July 13, 2007, 08:00 PM
It was a great chapter but lol I did not see it coming. I mean it so far seems like an easy win for Sanji. Absalom is getting his head kicked in and he now as a salt bags tossed into his mouth.

He's a goner. Although I still think the Straw Hats will not get their salt bags into their respective zombies and Luffy will have to beat moria.

Lohnt
July 13, 2007, 08:08 PM
Sanji and Luffy just kicked those Zombie's butts =)

Anti-panda
July 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
Yosh.. great chapter... luffy is giving moria more trouble than he thought.... Moria said he used to be overconfident in his ability .... I think he still is.... I think this is luffy's chance to prove that taking down crocodille wasn't some fluke... that his beating of Rob lucci wasn't Just an impressive victory for a rookie... This is luffy's chance to take down not only a hardcore member of the shinchibukai ... but his entire zombie army to boot. Luffy is gonna prove to all that he is the shit. For lack of a better term...
And of course Oda doesn't dissapoint on moria's powers either ... His changing his shadow to bats was awesome.... If anyone ever played the Dragonquest games... they reminded me of a mandrake....
I don't know if that was one of oda's nods toward Akira Toriyama ... or not... considering he did the monster design for the later DQ games... that and thier a phenomenom in japan.

Btw... Are We Sure Absolom doesn't have Sanji's Shadow..??? Because if not they are two birds of the same color... LOL

Anti-panda
July 13, 2007, 11:38 PM
Predictions ... I don' t know .. My gut says they'll jump back to the zoro ryuma fight... But my brain says more Absolom Sanji...
I'll go with my brain... I don't know if these will be easy fights for zoro and sanji... But They'll certainly make things more interesting. :D

zagman505
July 14, 2007, 02:25 AM
that was an awesome chapter. moria is turning out to have some pretty awesome abilities =D lmao at sanji and absalom. if it weren't for the fact that dogpen is the one with sanji's shadow and that absalom has been around for much longer than the mugiwaras have, you would think that absalom was the one with sanji's shadow.

but dang. absalom is definitely learning his lesson in calling sanji an underling now. go sanji =D

pcxxy
July 14, 2007, 06:31 AM
superb chapter. it seems that the SH are totally owning Moria's Zombie army.

I didn't expect Sanji's battle would end this fast, and I wonder what the 'last problem' could be... any guesses?

Also, it's kinda nice to see that Moria has some fighting abilities. However, shadow control alone wouldn't be enough (at all) to deal with Luffy. At the moment, if the shadow is just a clone, then as long as you're faster than it, then the real body is still vulnerable. I think Moria's better got some physical abilities himself or else he'd be in real trouble.

As usual, I am excited about what'll happen next already, but I think what we'll see might be the battle of the other crew ;p

Don Lazy
July 14, 2007, 06:35 AM
yosh! this chap was really great although i want a luffy/oz fight, moria is also good. I think he has something up on his sleeve and luffy get his butt kicked until luffy uses gear 3!
So absalom isnt a zombie hogback turned him into a beast, this fact was interessting and that he isnt powerful enough to win against sanji. GO SANJI GO

neomaster121
July 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
i seriously don't see how u think gear 3 will help him in this fight. He used it a few times against lucci but note how he used gear 2 in the end to beat lucci if he uses gears it will be number 2 and not 3.

This chapter was interesting and has confirmed that oda isn't gonna make tihs arc super long but since oz is changing directions i think the ship might be heading towards fishman island.

Sanji again amazes his strength and speeds great funny how he thinks sanji has no bounty guess he doesn't see the resemblance. But i did think sanjis fight would last a bit longer to get pass his invisblity ability

JC123
July 15, 2007, 04:48 AM
I like how Luffy did kick Moria's ass (literally). Quite frankly, watching that one fight you know that Luffy's gonna have a hard time.

Absolum vs Sanji... I didn't think he'd have such an easy time but then again you can never underestimate the #3 man in the Straw Hat crew. Wait until Absolum takes him seriously.

Ryuma vs Zoro... My only question is does Zoro have to learn ANOTHER technique or does he already have enough for this powerful demon?

Seriously, I wanna get back to the Usopp fight. Who knew his negativity could be used as a weapon?

Don Lazy
July 15, 2007, 07:11 AM
i think we ll see a bit more sanji vs absalom and how sanji kicks his ass. Than scene switches to zoro, but seriously i doubt zoro can win against ryuuma with only two swords, i hope zoro has a new 2 sword style.

purplerose_04
July 15, 2007, 02:18 PM
damn when Sanji is pissed, he is awesome... I'm seeing him a new light now..hahhaha... I wonder if it will end this easily w/ Sanji. That guy is a commander right but somehow he looks weak.... o man i can't wait for the next chapter...

Mugiwara_no_Jack
July 15, 2007, 02:25 PM
I wanna see something about Robin and Chopper .... and I miss Franky :D

Impel Down
July 15, 2007, 06:36 PM
I predict that Absalom finds some way to NOT lose in less than one chapter. Seriously, way too short of a battle. I realize that there really isn't that much that he can do anymore, but he should be able to do some more stuff, seriously.

Impel Down
July 15, 2007, 06:37 PM
Well, I guess we now know what Moria can do...and it's kinda odd. He basically just has a crazy-Logia version of himself fight for him...and Luffy just finds ways to hack. And Sanji v. Absalom was way too short. There needs to be far more.

PaperYomiko
July 15, 2007, 07:30 PM
Sanji continues to spontaneously combust!?!! This was a great chapter, imho :smile-big

I doubt Sanji's fight is over yet, that would be way to easy. Absalom has got to have something else, but I'm sure when it's all over Sanji will win, of course... I'm really curious about his "one last problem", though, I can't think of what it might be...

As for Moria, I think it's interesting that his shadow can attack as well as defend. That will be tricky for Luffy to beat, but I think trying to get to Moria's real body instead must be the way to go. I'm sure he's a good fighter himself, but he's too reliant on others' powers, as he said himself.

jinsomnia
July 15, 2007, 07:31 PM
awesome chapter! sanji is just too funny ... absalom is the same?? huh? hehe anyway, i do think that there's more to moria than ahat we see now..

darkband
July 15, 2007, 10:17 PM
I think that in the next chapter and the ones that follow, the SHs are going to make all their enemies take them seriously. They've been seriously getting underestimated, so it's time the zombies and Moria show their full powers.

Specifically in the next chapter I think that Zoro, Chopper, and Robin will make their opponents get serious. We've already seen Sanji, Luffy, and Ussop do this. Sanji by totally owning Absalom, Luffy by getting past the shadow, and Ussop by depressing the ghosts, lol. Once the others get their opponents to take them seriously is when the real fights will begin.

darkband
July 15, 2007, 10:28 PM
I think that Moria seemed really pissed at Luffy. He didn't bat an eye when Oz busted the freezer, so just that kinda reaction means he's pissed. Maybe this means we get to see him fight himself now, or at least get serious. And Absalom was just too pathetic for that to be the whole fight. Besides, if Sanji says he has one last problem with him, it definitely isn't over yet. I think Absalom got caught by major surprise, and will have to fight Sanji for real now.

Krisel
July 16, 2007, 04:27 AM
SH should defeat all the zombies till dawn.They dont have time for many chap fights.They are goin to finish quick the zombies.But i think Moria will be the hardest ass to kick.Pervsalom-sama looks like isnt in his lucky days.Sanji had another prob with Absalom.So probably the fight its gonna last a bit more.

Sanji exploded OMFG.So hilarous...

big_p
July 16, 2007, 10:46 AM
more a hope than a prediction, but i want Luffy to just go gear 3 and bust clear through the shadow and knock Moria's freakin teeth out. If the Giant Pistol was enough to temporarily knock out Lucci, who i believe to be in better fighting condition than Moria (tekkai and all), then i am sure it would be enough to let Moria know who's boss. Could finish the arc that much quicker, even though it wont happen. Personally of the top 3 in the Strawhats i dont think their fight need to last long, but probably will last a decent length regardless.

Towelie
July 17, 2007, 07:14 AM
I think the last problem that Sanji has with absalom is that absa was holding back,
thinking of him as an underling at first.

So Absalom will start to fight "for real" and Sanji gets somewhat of a challenge....

caco
July 17, 2007, 11:30 AM
I think the last problem that Sanji has with absalom is that absa was holding back,
thinking of him as an underling at first.

So Absalom will start to fight "for real" and Sanji gets somewhat of a challenge....

I dont think ab was holding back, he is done sanji kick his soul and his crappy body. I think that in next chapter we will see choper-robin vs hoback-cindry and it will end soon as every other fight in this arc.

Akainu
July 17, 2007, 01:58 PM
I predict that next chapter we are going back to Chopper and Robin - they didnt really start their fights yet. Also Franky and Brook should be included on their way to whatever they 're gonna do. In the end of the chapter there will either be a overview about SH and their foes or Oda starts the loop again at Usopps fight I think.

Gasport
July 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
I think next chapter will be about robin and chopper's fights and maybe i slighly look at zoro or usopps fight

omniscientone
July 18, 2007, 01:24 PM
I dunno, when the chapter said, Enigma Absalom, I was expecting something more. Guess it was a mislead or we still haven't seen everything from him. I am curious though about the last problem.

A Lamer
July 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
I personally am hoping the sanji wanted poster gag is going to become a running gag, based on some of the faces oda is doing recently. I can just imagine next time they get in a fight that involves them issuing new bounties, they will finally get a picture of sanji, but it will be something absurd.

Looking cool, sanji-kun.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2497/sanjicoolfe7.png

kazamakj
July 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
I would like to see more of the Zoro fight after Sanji though. If this is the level for the Zombies I would say once their tricks have been figured out the Straw Hats would win fast.

Although I do have some faith in Ryuma since he does have that special sword and he seems to be deadly quick. IF Sanji's fight is anything to go by then its an Easy Win by Zoro.

ryusuke_
July 20, 2007, 09:10 AM
I hope Sanji's fight ends soon and we'll see a bit of the next fight (I think Robin or Chopper).

But Oda will leave the Luffy vs Moria confrontation for the end of the saga.

I think a good order would be: Sanji fight > Robin fight ~ Choppter fight (mixed) > Usopp's fight end > Franky, Zoro, Brooke's fight > Luffy's fight (while the whole ship is drowning :P)

ryusuke_
July 20, 2007, 09:11 AM
Where did that picture come from?

A Lamer
July 20, 2007, 10:35 AM
I editted the original panel of zeff holding up sanji's no pic available wanted poster with a panel from this chapter, towards the end. It was the one where he goes into a super tizzy about the fact that absolom peaked in on nami in the bathroom. It was just an example of what I meant by the marines getting a picture of him, but due to it being a running gag it would be a terrible picture that made him even more depressed about his bounty poster.

blue_flash
July 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
zoro, i want see zoro fight

sahugani
July 21, 2007, 01:59 AM
The newest chapter of One Piece has finally arrived and can be found at the R/T/S HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=468224#post468224)

Once again it's Sanji's show. The battle of the perverts rages on as our ero-cook goes from perversion to chivalry and Absalom reveals the root of his powers. Usopp and Perona's duel is also revisited and we get to see a new unexplained ability of hers. Nothing's final yet, so try to channel Oda and figure out the next step in the story's progression.

renrutal
July 21, 2007, 07:55 PM
Sanji takes perversion to the extreme doesn't he? Thinking about an Akuma no Mi for years, only to peep on women!

If I has such powers.... :kukuku :fan

Prediction time! Next:

Robin-chan vs Cindry, Chopper vs Hogback...

I wonder if there will be anyone left for Nami to fight.

caco
July 22, 2007, 12:35 AM
life is unfair, sanji deserves that devil fruit jejejeje. I think next chapter is going back to chopper and robin and will giva a splash of zoro fight.

Hope brook could do somethig

blue_flash
July 22, 2007, 12:47 AM
Zoro, yeah Zoro, Zoro fight!!!:amuse

Impel Down
July 22, 2007, 11:15 AM
Ah, good 'ol Oda-sensei! He DID improve upon the Sanji/Eroslam fight! And I guess the invisibility DF was kinda predictable, but whatever. Hopefully there'll still be even more with that fight later. Also, I'm glad that he's expanding on the Usopp v. Perona thing. I feared it was already over.

Impel Down
July 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
No Zoro fight yet, I'm guessing. I'm thinking more along the lines of half Usopp v. Perona, half Choppy v. Hogback. Or all Usopp v. Perona, I dunno.

Imperium
July 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
^^^ i agree. its probably going to be usopp vs perona for the whole chapter. which is sad really because i wanna see zoro's fight badly :D

Xman
July 22, 2007, 08:12 PM
1st of all, sanji is BIG pervert.
nice chapter tho i hope this arc is the arc where Usopp can prove him self and be godlike sniper and sanji is rockin' on! i just feel this chapter is for usopp and chopper.
also its super funny arc i like those zombies very much they are useless but make the air very funny spicely in middle of the fights, but i notice something that sanji has more than 1 dream ... all blue ofc and then this DF i think he more ... (to kiss nami or robin :O) just kidding :P

EDIT:i think we have someone very knowlege of DF as long sanji read so many about DF :O

Xman
July 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
well, Oda loves to jump between fights so i think he might bring some of usopp's fight, some of chopper fight even thought he didnt really started the fight but maybe some of reasons and secerts to shows, and maybe so luffy's rampage at the ship... i cant really figure when oda is gona do he is so ... whats the word im looking for :/

Imperium
July 23, 2007, 07:12 AM
well, Oda loves to jump between fights so i think he might bring some of usopp's fight, some of chopper fight even thought he didnt really started the fight but maybe some of reasons and secerts to shows, and maybe so luffy's rampage at the ship... i cant really figure when oda is gona do he is so ... whats the word im looking for :/

The word your looking for is unpredictable :D.

But now that i think about it, i have feeling this arc is kinda like the jaya arc, firstly i think its gonna show how much the strawhats are stronger - so they will be whopping some ass very easily :p. kinda like what happened in jaya, luffy showed how strong he is after his fight with crocodile, and now the strawhats are gonna show how strong they are after there fight with CP9. so i kinda expect them to beat everybody easily. And if they do that means the crew is on the level of the Shichibukai and teh future enemies are gonna be kick-ass :D

Impel Down
July 23, 2007, 12:27 PM
Oh, I think he wants to go far beyond kissing them.

Also, with this chapter, it kinda hints to what Absalom IS, which I'm guessing is, rather than a zombie, an experimented-upon human.

Impel Down
July 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
I disagree with you there. Jaya did not show any increase of power with them, seeing as only Luffy fought at like 1% of his power, and Jaya was much shorter and slightly less relevent. Now, I would say that it's more like Post-Enies Lobby arc, because of the WB/Shanks thing.

Silhouette
July 23, 2007, 02:32 PM
Why isn't Nami waking up? Is it possible that her shadow has been taken away too?
I think it was. Maybe so she won't be able to escape or won't think of escaping for the fear of being exposed to sunlight.

ryusuke_
July 23, 2007, 03:12 PM
Why isn't Nami waking up? Is it possible that her shadow has been taken away too?
I think it was. Maybe so she won't be able to escape or won't think of escaping for the fear of being exposed to sunlight.

Or maybe she's simulating being sleeping and she's already wake and knowing what's happening around, but waiting for the best moment to wake and make her great apparition...
It 'd be disappointing that one character of the crew is sleeping during the whole arc :S

IgnorantSage
July 24, 2007, 01:15 AM
As much as I love One Piece, this chapter felt different and disappointing.
Sanji wanting to be an invisible man is understandable but I expected him to be less shallow, the jokes in this chapter didn't really get me to laugh. I just hope the next chapter will be much better.

kazamakj
July 24, 2007, 02:32 AM
Though at the moment the Strawhats are easily winning the fights, well except Luffy anyways. Although that is just based on Sanji's fight and how easily Zoro brushed aside Ryuma.

Its still not over though I am still hoping that Moria's crew will put up more of a fight. I mean he's a shichibukai with a huge bounty his direct underlings cannot be that easy to beat.

Usopp vs Perona with Usopp finally winning and the start of Chopper's fight is my guess. I would like to see what abilities that Hogback has given himself thanks to his super doctor skills.

Silhouette
July 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
As much as I love One Piece, this chapter felt different and disappointing.
Sanji wanting to be an invisible man is understandable but I expected him to be less shallow, .

Sanji initially wanted the invisibility fruit to peek at girls but he has thought of thousands of others uses like he said and that's why he knew about the bazookas that Absalom was hiding and that's why he told Absalom that whatever trick he has up his sleeves he already knows about it because he has pictured it...Sanji reaaaallllly wanted that fruit for every thing he has thought up so it was more than a joke I guess

If Nami's shadow has been taken she won't be asleep for the whole arc...just 3 days or even less if they make her smell a million Belies or more (! ^^)...maybe

War
July 24, 2007, 04:10 AM
Nami's still not moving. Her shadow should have been taken. I wonder, what kinda zombie is it in? O.o & she looks amazing like this...

So, Absalom doesn't have telekenisis powers or whatever, :\ just bazookas attached on arms. -.-" Guess it'll be a quick victory for Sanji from now onwards, since all I think Absalom can do is turn invisible, no more bazookas too.

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 09:08 AM
I think he already won in this chapter...but it's too be expected, since he can't do all that much w/ his DF. And I dunno what's with Nami. I guess it makes sense that her shadow was taken.

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 09:09 AM
I feel the same way, and I think Ryuuma should put up a better fight than he showed with Zoro. We seriously need a repeat of the Arlong Park fights here.

War
July 25, 2007, 09:53 AM
We seriously need a repeat of the Arlong Park fights here.

With Usopp thrashing one of the fishmen with a pan? :amuse Other than that, I agree with you. The rest of the fights were rather interesting.

-

Anyway, I guess we'll be seeing Ussopp&Perona's fight first, followed by Chopper's. Perhaps a bit of Sanji at the end. I hope the fights don't end too soon, with the Strawhats dominating their opponents (like what I see in Sanji's case - though Absalom might still have a trick up his sleeve), or it'll seem too easy...

Perhaps, we'll get to see Perona unleash her true power or something, thus giving a very entertaining battle. (:

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 10:20 AM
Well, she can fly so far, so she must have more powers.

Xman
July 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
well, i guess sanji and zoro had thier true fights before ..... and its time for ussop and chopper to unleash thier true power we really need to see new fights style .. well im kinda bored with the old style those 2 guys keep doing ... expt chopper and his last form.

Xman
July 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
whats bother me atm is what if u throw salt at zombie's mouth and this shadow gone,,, does the shadow go back to moria or what ? and if itsgoes there how u extract it from him.. any ideas :/ ?

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
It seems like it goes back to the owner, right? Or did Moria say otherwise when he fought Luffy?

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
When did Zoro have his true fight this chapter? He still needs to fight and beat Ryuuma!

Helltroll
July 25, 2007, 01:16 PM
in the next chapter i want to see a little bit of sanji vs absalom showing absaloms saying somthing like "now the fun starts..." to indicate that the fight gets serious now and then a switch to another fight.

No references to spoilers outside Spoilers threads.