PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 47 (ch450-459) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

destinator
March 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
Wow the chapter just came out...get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10654).

So yeah how will it go on now o.o? Tell us =)

Enjoy your predictions =)

bakashijinsan
March 23, 2007, 06:38 PM
It seems that this chapter would be signal a big battle between the strawhats and the bounty hunters of Thriller Park. At any rate, since Moria is now awake, and a couple more leaders are introduced (like pervy leader and the princess ghost), we'll be seeing next week a sortie of minions to attack the strawhats. I think they won't have any difficulty in dealing with the minions except for the depressant ghosts.

I actually think that a big horde of minions would come swarming to the SH crew outside and nami.ussop/chopper would be the ones who'd discover on how to stop the horde from within the castle by battling Hogback since it seems that he's the one in control of the zombies. And I think the mysterious swordsman is Brooke so in the long run, they'll help each other to get to Moria and defeat him.

Anti-panda
March 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
Now what do i predict. Gekko will begin the night attack. I don't know who'll fight absalom but my guess will be franky. Actually I bet we'll see a lot of random fighting with A big and bad appearing at the end of the next chapter.

Robin must fight the ghost girl. Hmmm.... wonder if she ate the ghost ghost no mi or if she is just astral projecting herself out of her body to become a ghost.

Luffy will fight moria of course. Zoro will unleash hell on the mass zombie army with sanji doing the same.

BA2
March 24, 2007, 05:15 AM
i think this is gonna be a short arc, so that it will move on to the merman island...but since it's Oda...so we dont really know if there's gonna be any twists or not... wont be surprised if there is one, tho

KuraiOfAnagura
March 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
I agree with Anti-panda. Moria will deffinatly start the Night-Attack. And we will see him in full size X3

But Perona will be first after Chopper. She said, she likes cute things/creatures. And Chopper IS cute. He, afterall, will first hide behind Robins back. And Robin will slam the little Ghostprincess.

It would be cool, if Nami's gonna fight Absalom. He touched her naked body, so she has all reason for revenge. Finally a woman VS man fight. Never before, was it???

I have realy no idea, who tha katana guy could bee. Ok, his laughter sounded like Brooks, but in my opinion Brooks talked too anti-Moria, to work for Hogeback.

AND I think this arc will last some more chapters. Everybody said it will be just a filling-chapter to lead us to the merman island. But i told ya from the beginning, that Oda won't waste all his favourite things in a filler-arc. and with the appereance of a samurai it is a full arc afterall.

TiTTTS
March 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
yeah i agree with kurai
i dont think oda would put a shikibukai in a filler arc =/

Red-Haired Shanks
March 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe is Moria Shichibukai AND one of the 4 emperors! when i look at the pic where the 4 are to see, i can imagine one of them is moria

pebble
March 25, 2007, 02:57 PM
Maybe is Moria Shichibukai AND one of the 4 emperors! when i look at the pic where the 4 are to see, i can imagine one of them is moria

Shichibukai and Yonkou are one against the other, can't be this way...

Red-Haired Shanks
March 25, 2007, 02:59 PM
Why should they be against? Shanks is probably a Shichibukai too or did i get something wrong?

pebble
March 25, 2007, 03:08 PM
The three powers are the Marine, the Shichibukai and the Yonkou.
The Yonkou are pirates against the World Govt. and this one has to use all the power of the Marine and the Shichibukai to counter this four great pirates. Shanks for sure isn't a member of the Shichibukai.
Anyways, for better understanding read chapt 432 :)

Anti-panda
March 25, 2007, 10:41 PM
Why should they be against? Shanks is probably a Shichibukai too or did i get something wrong?

In addition to the above listed reasons why Shanks is not a shinchibukai ... there's also the fact that you can't be a captain of a pirate crew and a shinchibukai .. you have to leave your mark and your former crew behind to become a shinchibukai. Shanks ( and Luffy) Would never.... NEVER abandon thier nakama just to get thier bounties suspended and tacit govt approval..

The Shinchibukai may be strong but they are a Abomination and disgrace to what being a True pirate is all about.

-----
Anyways back on topic.. I've revised my list on who fights who... I've really just fleshed it out a little more.

Peoria (ghost chick) vs Robin (Ohhh.. how bad I want this fight) Soooooo.... bad!!!!
Absolom Vs Sanji. in revenge for touching nami-swan
Zoro Vs the Swordsman (if the swordsman is not brooke.) Which I think he is ... so in that case it'd be zoro vs yet unnamed zombie on hogback's table.
Chopper Vs Hogback ... ( I'm not waivering on this hogback has fallen from the true purpose of a doctor and needs a chopper A$$--whooping / Attitude adjustment.
Nami vs Cindry-chwan ( I doubt this one will truely be a fight but hell who knows.)
And of course ...
Luffy vs Gekko Moria

Please note that like always most of my prediction is slightly off.... for example I have no Idea what franky will be doing ... nor ussop. There are alot of blanks that need to be filled. My guess is those two could easily be fighting a horde of zombies thou. Franky and Ussop are the only two mugiwara's who can use fire as a weapon. Ussop can shoot it and franky can breathe fire. Just like he did with the blue prints for pluton.

And Ta - Da maybe my longest post EVER!!!!

pcxxy
March 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
i think that Oda's driving the suspense is driven higher and higher with every chapter and yet there's still many questions that remain to be answered.

i predict that the climax will come soon.... yeah.... j/k, well it will but it's like 'duh'

it's hard to guess who'll vs who (other than obviously, Luffy vs Moria)... as even with enis lobbys, Oda's gave the story some twists by allowing the members of SH and CP9 to shuffle themselves...

but like we all know, we'll see fights scenes one after another, and we're all looking forward to what Oda'll show us next.

W/o a proper prediction, this thread'll be cursed so I'll just say that I predict Brooke will try to fight Hogback ;p

dfcarolinaguy
March 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
I predict that we will see the face of swordsman dude.

Gamabounta
March 26, 2007, 04:21 PM
AND I think this arc will last some more chapters. Everybody said it will be just a filling-chapter to lead us to the merman island. But i told ya from the beginning, that Oda won't waste all his favourite things in a filler-arc. and with the appereance of a samurai it is a full arc afterall.

Stop calling this filler-arc, it's just transition/beginning of a new one.

On a side note, I guess the whole Thriller Bark arc will last ~30 chapters in total (from when they discover the barrel to the end of the final fight). It's really short comparing to W7/EL, Skypedia, etc.

ANBU4U
March 26, 2007, 05:57 PM
Stop calling this filler-arc, it's just transition/beginning of a new one.

On a side note, I guess the whole Thriller Bark arc will last ~30 chapters in total (from when they discover the barrel to the end of the final fight). It's really short comparing to W7/EL, Skypedia, etc.

So are you saying TO call it a filler arc, or NOT to call it a filler arc? ....its unclear.

Luckas
March 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
It is normal to have different opinions, but this it is what make discussing chapters and making predictions so much fun. You can always read some interesting thoughts by others or ideas, whom you didn't thought.
So there is no need to become heated about if the current arc is a filler or it isn't, instead explain your point, say why you think it is or it isn't.
For example at the beginning, as many, I thought it was obvious that this arc was break/pause between the Water7/Enies Lobby arc and the next one in Mermaid Island where there could be Jimbei. But after, it was apparently set up a fight against a Shikibay with a bounty higher than the Luffy current one, I started to doubt that and I'm almost clueless about what will happen next.

captrosko
March 26, 2007, 06:26 PM
Ussop might be able to beat some opponents again. Ussop seems to have an elemental advantage against these new foes. Fear is of course the only thing that holds him back as a fighter. Though, I'm wondering if he'll have another Giant bonding moment like the last two times. I wonder how he'll react to a giant being a Shichibukai, and they're new foe.

Chopper also has some possibilities for growth in this chapter as well. Obvious since one of the "villians" is/was a doctor himself. Perhaps he'll learn from him a way to control his "feral" form or develop his doctor spirit (is there such a thing?).

@the filler arc people: Since this is the manga, I would not call this a 'filler-arc'. I consider fillers to be added storylines to the anime adaptations of the manga that inspired them. Take the previous year of arcs of Bleach or Naruto (if you watch/read those). This is just a new story arc. It could be short, like the Davy-back fight, or a long one. Whichever the case, I would not call it filler.

pcxxy
March 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
yup~ there's no way this is filler, coz

1) manga chapters are never fillers (only anime versions have fillers so that they won't catch up to teh manga too quickly - e.g. narutard)
2) i doubt Oda'll put a Shichibukai in a filler

on the other hand, this may be an arc that'll be much shorter than EL, but I'm sure it'll be a least as good as that one.

ninetailfox84
March 26, 2007, 10:56 PM
this is no doubt not a filler because a shikibukai is involved. At first i think it was but not it has been cleared.

for the prediction,

we will see e shikibukai power, that Gecko Moria!

Hankosha
March 27, 2007, 02:15 AM
It will be revealed that the guy with Brooke's laughter is infused with his shadow/is his shadow, created through Gecko's power.

Sanji and Zoro will compete in who can defeat the most zombies.

sakura_hime04
March 27, 2007, 02:27 AM
is that guy who laugh same with Brooke laugh style is Brooke? coz he has same laugh style with him (Brooke).. hbut if he was brooke, why he appreance like a human not a skeleton like before?

ninetailfox84
March 27, 2007, 04:15 AM
That is Brooke's shadow!
He is so powerful that sanji, renji and sasuke need to join force to defeat him, lol wrong manga! hehe

On topic

thats why i love Oda sama's work! he always entertain us with the mysteries.:p

Gamabounta
March 27, 2007, 11:30 AM
So are you saying TO call it a filler arc, or NOT to call it a filler arc? ....its unclear.

Well I just say filler is extra anime episode which aren't in the manga.
Thriller Bark is cleary a short arc, but that not made it a filler.

EDIT

yup~ there's no way this is filler, coz

1) manga chapters are never fillers (only anime versions have fillers so that they won't catch up to teh manga too quickly - e.g. narutard)
2) i doubt Oda'll put a Shichibukai in a filler
Well, mangas chapters aren't filler (1) but Oda draws filler (2) ? What a non-sense.

I guess Thriller Bark won't be longer than the Baratie arc. The Baratie was the introduction of a Shichibukai, the introduction of a new nakama, and was rather short. Just like Thriller Bark.

Baratie started chapter 43 and finished at chapter 68, so it's 25 chapters. As I said, Thriller Bark, imho, won't be longer than 30 chapters. Does such a short arc made it filler (comparing to W7/EL/Skypedia with at least double chapters lenght) ? Nope.

Oda knows how to manage his manga, and he also knows you can't go with only long arc.

Another exemple, Oda introduced an Amiral & fun fights between Skypedia & W7. It was 17 chapters long (ch. 304 to 321), introduce a powerful Amiral (who's way over Shichibukai in general).

EDIT2

And yeah, imho the Gardian is a Zombie with Brooke shadow.

EvilSniffles
March 27, 2007, 12:34 PM
I agree that the person who laughed like Brooke has his shadow. Not sure of his position within the organization of morias. Brooke is still missing it seems. Let us not forget Mario, the body on the operating table. His ability power could be really strong. I don't think luffy will defeat Moria, however he will free the shadows, and make a hasty retreat. Also the 4 powers, white bear and shanks are most likely part of the 4 emperors. However, we don't know the power they have versus the 2 unknown ones. We do know they have the same or are more powerful than some of the Shichibukai members. I say 4 because of luffy's dad.

Anti-panda
March 27, 2007, 02:03 PM
Ok stop this is RETARDED ... manga doesn't have filler. It's the origional so anything in the manga is origional ... filler is when they put something in the anime based on the manga that wasn't in the manga. Now just DROP IT!!!!!!!!!
----
Back on topic ... I think that brooke is human while he's on land ... Or maybe just thriller bark. And a skeleton when he's at sea. But if thats true then that means that his history he told the strawhats about was or is at least in part a lie. Then again maybe he had hoback preform surgery on him to reanimate a false body for him.
Let me just say ... This arc Rules.

Goji
March 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, this arc really is something. ^^ I like the matchup Anti-panda made on page 2, think that that one is very plausible indeed.

Guess that Oda has to invent more villains for every arc, 'cause every time the crew gets bigger... Now we almost need 8 strong ppl to fight every SH. XD

I really like this arc! ^^

Hankosha
March 28, 2007, 03:16 AM
Absalom - Zoa Fruit Zombie?
Perona - Ghost control Fruit?

Maybe some other info will be revealed about the crew...

3955elits
March 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
-----
Anyways back on topic.. I've revised my list on who fights who... I've really just fleshed it out a little more.

Peoria (ghost chick) vs Robin (Ohhh.. how bad I want this fight) Soooooo.... bad!!!!
Absolom Vs Sanji. in revenge for touching nami-swan
Zoro Vs the Swordsman (if the swordsman is not brooke.) Which I think he is ... so in that case it'd be zoro vs yet unnamed zombie on hogback's table.
Chopper Vs Hogback ... ( I'm not waivering on this hogback has fallen from the true purpose of a doctor and needs a chopper A$$--whooping / Attitude adjustment.
Nami vs Cindry-chwan ( I doubt this one will truely be a fight but hell who knows.)
And of course ...
Luffy vs Gekko Moria

And Ta - Da maybe my longest post EVER!!!!
yeah this was long.but pretty good matchup.
I think the next chap will be the intro for moria and his crew's power.
for me they seems weak except for perona(?)the ghost chick and moria of course.
well absalom can disappear but we have chopper out there and his nose is very useful.

Crenzel
March 29, 2007, 02:09 AM
Absalom - Zoa Fruit Zombie?
Perona - Ghost control Fruit?

Maybe some other info will be revealed about the crew...

seems more like Absalom has a fruit that lets him go invisible than a zoan fruit.
maybe some kinda operation performed by hogback made him look like an animal? we see the stitches as proof

Red-Haired Shanks
March 29, 2007, 05:05 AM
Yes, its invisibility for sure..and with perona, i think she can release her soul or ghost or whatever, when doing this her body is useless.

inconnunom
March 30, 2007, 03:59 AM
lol loooooooooooong time reader first time getting bored and posting something

This is a HUGE arc for both Chopper AND Zoro. Though it more than likely will be a very short arc overall. We saw zoro get his sword eaten away so he has to find his 3rd meaningful sword I think Oda thought that the one shopkeeper giving his sowrd up was a dumb idea so he used the one navy guy to melt the sword. I mean think about it for a second. Zoro never really got close or connectd with the sword at all. Perhaps the demon one will become even more demon like now that these spirits are roaming around. Again though, I think Chopper will shine in this mini/arc showing he is a serious player in this game.

As far as match ups?

Zoro will get his new sword from the Guardian shown in chapter 450. The same guardian that pushed Ussopp's team into the laboratory. Even better reasoning that he know the layout of the halls so well, where as zoro easily gets lost.

I think Dr. zombiemakerguy, will end up facing off with chopper. Sanji will have to fight the liony lookin guy along with franky because they need more team-up time. Likewise I think Nami and Ussopp will face the ghosty girly because they both need to face their fears of ghosts. Sanji can't fight her cause she's a girl and it was shown that he OBVIOUSLY will NEVER fight a girl with his loss to the soap soap girl, plus it gives him reason to defend Nami's honor against absalom. And I think franky wont beable to fight her cause he does physical attacks and she's a ghost. (though fire might help.) And it give ussopp a chance to come up with new ideas and stradegy to use against ghosts. (powder, or fire, or something).

I think we will also see Luffy go really heavily into Gear 3 if not 4 (which might be a combination of gear 3 and 2 so its like a really strong giant body). I can see him having to be a REAL giant in order to take on Moria. (maybe not actually be a real giant, but at least hitting like one). It really depends on how large this arc is. Im sure it will be a smaller one after the last one we saw. If it is, I can expect that maybe Luffy will learn a thing or two from Moria and ultimately have to defeat him but not really perfect gear 3/4. (Assuming the gear 3 we see now isnt perfected)
As far as Robin's roll I see her more as a side character in this arc. (though we love her to death) we had plenty of her last story arc (like the ENTIRE ARC). so she'll prolly sit on the back burner for a while. I'm not entirely sure how she's going to help in this one. I think that If for some reason Ussopp's party cant make it outside, then Robin will take the place of zombie pwner. and the rest of luffy's party (excluding zoro and luffy) will take care of the ghost girl and the leapard guy.

destinator
March 30, 2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah another chapter is out now. Get it here (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10899).

So yeah how will One Piece go on next week? Predict away :D

danke
March 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
BTW issit thriller BARK or thriller PARK ? confused..

Luckas
March 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
One Piece Chap 450 is out, get it here (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10899) and then come back to discuss it.

-
<It isn't allowed either talking or reporting or making references or implying facts regarding the last released chapter outside his proper "discussion thread" and "predictions thread" until the week-end passed. Even with the use of "spoiler tag" it will be considered a violation of this rule.>

Break of this rule will result in:
- a warning the first time;
- a banning the second time, whose duration will be in relation to the gravity of the offense;

PaperYomiko
March 30, 2007, 06:19 PM
Only 'read' the raw... but I just wanted to say that the guardian/swordsman's katana is very pretty... whoever said that Zoro might get it after beating him... I do hope you're right :smile-big

And it looks as though he has been zombified, huh? Although he certainly doesn't have much in the way of a nose...or skin in general, it appears. Very mysterious. But at least Brooke appears to be in the clear. No firmly-rooted-afro present on the swordsman, after all.

JoJoJO
March 30, 2007, 11:15 PM
My prediction his obvious, we are going to get some real fighting action next chapter.

ninetailfox84
March 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
we will only see gecko moria in the next 20 chapters. get my point?

ANBU4U
March 31, 2007, 02:48 AM

Neither, Its spelled Thriller Barque. As in a floating barge/house. Of course Barque is pronouced Bark, and Park is a mistranslation from that.

bakh
March 31, 2007, 03:09 AM
Did you notice that on page 7 when Samurai down chopper and nami they all say "YOHOHO". May be it is a virus? YOHOHO
May be I am wrong but this arc is bored. I have feeling that I already have seen it somewhere. I have feeling that I can predict this arc. I don't know about skills that enemys have but it doesn't matter - Zorro vs Samurai, Luffu vs Morio,... It will fight 1vs1.
I wish that this arc is short. It is a sidestory. I want arc with Blackbear and Dragon. And also I would like to see a sea battle. Though they are PIRATEs they fight only on earth.

venicia777
March 31, 2007, 04:02 AM

Our translator went with Thriller Bark. And that is the general consensus-- the phonetics doesnt have a P.

What an awesome chapter. Wow-- just wow!!

we got a skeleton-- who doesnt have a shadow-- and has died before but is undead-- ghosts that can bring out the negative emotions in people-- Giants and zombies-- trees with human faces and humans with animal faces-- a vampiric bat-- carpets that are alive

what kind of crazy, thrilling, scintillating adventure is this?

This is getting to be the most unexpected and exciting adventure in a long while if not ever.

Now we get Zombie Generals-- predictions in One Piece are really bogus.

Oda is surely one of the greatest Mangakas :turtle :confetti

Mugiwara_no_Jack
March 31, 2007, 05:21 AM
Can't wait to read the next chapters. It's just amazing how Oda rise the tension in this arc.

Firstly I thought it would be a mini arc to tighten the connection between Franky and the mugiwaras but now ... shichibukai, zombies, living skeleton ... amazing stuff Oda thought about ...

Can't wait to see this Moria guy :D

Red-Haired Shanks
March 31, 2007, 06:24 AM
Yes, bakh is right! Nami, Ussop and Chopper, all of them say "Yohoho..." when they falld down, thats weird! Brook maybe got cut too by this samurai, thats why he laughs yohoho.

HikaruYami
March 31, 2007, 07:23 AM
Did anyone else notice that one of the general zombies was clearly related to doctorine? I mean, honestly, same body shape and came out of the coffin drinking! Anyway, since it looked like a guy, I'm guessing an old husband or father or something like that. Since we'll probably find out soon, I'll post this ("theory" i guess you could call it, but it seems pretty obvious) in predictions for the next chapter too. Oh, and I only looked at the chapter once, so it may be a female, but I don't think it is.

HikaruYami
March 31, 2007, 07:29 AM
It definitely will not be next chapter, but at some point Oda will probably admit that the zombie with 2 swords on his/her(I'm 97&#37; positive it was a guy, but whatever) side who came out drinking is a relative of Doctorine in some way. He'll at least say that this zombie was originally from the same island, or perhaps it'll be a different island, and chopper will suddenly go "That's where Doctorine used to live!" Only prediction I have.

Dark Zeza
March 31, 2007, 08:05 AM
I predict that zoro will get the 3rd katana from this samurai Ryuuma! Hope next chap they will begin some big fight.

danke
March 31, 2007, 08:26 AM
Neither, Its spelled Thriller Barque. As in a floating barge/house. Of course Barque is pronouced Bark, and Park is a mistranslation from that.

Thanks for clearing the air out for me :tem

KuraiOfAnagura
March 31, 2007, 09:21 AM
nope. no big fight next chapter.
i think they will meet their enemys, i mean tha pairings. so the zombie generals will meet the mugiwaras and will make clear, who fights who.
perhaps nami, chopper and usopp will a) get into more danger than already or b) will find out something, whats behind that island and moria and hogeback.

Red-Haired Shanks
March 31, 2007, 10:27 AM
"Knock them in the World of Shadows...", that were the words of hogback.. what do ya think about that? Maybe this swords cuts of the shadow of people, and gecko moria takes it and do whatever with it...work it so that hogback can use it for his experiments... Or they are just unconscious :)

Serpent
March 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
I'm curious about Sanji where did he go ? maybe he'll run into Hogback and save Nami and "those other guys" :p and maybe well see Brooke again I somehow doubt that the fights are gonna start so soon

sahugani
March 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
Next chapter i think we will get a bit of insight as to Sanji's whereabouts and see Chopper, Usopp, and Nami imprisoned.

a majority of my predictions are in my latest review

ANBU4U
March 31, 2007, 04:25 PM
"Knock them in the World of Shadows...", that were the words of hogback.. what do ya think about that? Maybe this swords cuts of the shadow of people, and gecko moria takes it and do whatever with it...work it so that hogback can use it for his experiments... Or they are just unconscious :)

I thought about it, but Its been pretty havily impled that GM is taking the shadows...I think that line was just a refrence to them being knocked unconcious. Or maybe to them having their shadows taken WHILE they're unconcious...im not sure which, but I dont think Ryuua is taking the shadowsm all his sword seemed to do was vibrate so much it was able to knock out those weaklings without actually touching them.

Yes I said weaklings, its official at this point. They need to shape up after this arc if the villans get any stronger. Especially chopper. Nami and Chopper both barrrrely beat the weakest members of CP9, Ussop avoided a real fight all together. With the exception of Luffy everyone won fairly decisively, but Nami lucked out with some water and an a opponent that thought she was worthless. And Chopper just did something crazzzy, he couldnt even move afterwards, what if no one could carry him?

I mean at this point their still needs to be balance in the frew, so they cant be as good as...well Sanji. But if they want to keep holding their own they need to get somewhere around Franky...I think Robin needs to pick up a tad too perhaps...I cant quite tell how good she is. She sure pwned Tagishi(sp) or w/e tho, from the Navy.

ofudamaster
March 31, 2007, 06:00 PM
I just had to throw this out there, did anybody else recognise Ryuuma from Wanted! ??? He's come a long way since killing a dragon....

Honestly I have no idea what to expect next, but I can't get over the awesome names Oda comes up with. "Thriller Barque?" So cool!

sahugani
March 31, 2007, 06:08 PM
This has kinda been irking me. The name is Thriller Bark. In chapter 446, this spelling is seen on a gateway in one of the final pages

as for my thoughts on the chapter, please read my latest review

moscovite999
March 31, 2007, 06:44 PM
I am really impressed by One Piece. A great balance between fights, fun, suspens... The author is the best compared to Naruto or Bleach!
We can read it for again 10 years!!

IgnorantSage
April 02, 2007, 12:04 AM
Did you notice that on page 7 when Samurai down chopper and nami they all say "YOHOHO". May be it is a virus? YOHOHO

I don't think so. I did not look at the manga again but as far as I can remember they were surprised why the swordsman had the same laugh as Brooke. That's why they said "YOHOHO!?!", there was a question mark there right? They where thinking "Yohoho? Isn't this Brooke's trademark laugh?"

They weren't actually laughing "Yohoho! We have just been pushed into Hogback's lab!" :notrust

Red-Haired Shanks
April 02, 2007, 05:30 AM
No, u got it wrong IgnorantSage, bakh meant that when Ryuuma unleashed his sword and they thought he would cut them in little pieces, but he just walks off, and then they wanna run away but the strike hits them. Now theyre falling down, all of them saying: Yohoho...!

ninetailfox84
April 02, 2007, 07:53 AM
No, u got it wrong IgnorantSage, bakh meant that when Ryuuma unleashed his sword and they thought he would cut them in little pieces, but he just walks off, and then they wanna run away but the strike hits them. Now theyre falling down, all of them saying: Yohoho...!

WOW, sharp eyes you got there! i didnt notice it! *look back the chapter*:p

Red-Haired Shanks
April 02, 2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, i noticed it when i read the chapter a second time :)

caco
April 02, 2007, 10:57 AM
in the new group of zombies there are more than one that use swords, is Zoro the ine who will defeat all of them?

natsu0427
April 02, 2007, 12:54 PM
im guessing they fall into some kind of trap

Dragonrider99
April 02, 2007, 07:52 PM
Here's how I think things are gonna go.

Luffy Vs. General then Moria
Zoro Vs. Ryuuma
Nami Vs. Cindry
Usopp Vs. General
Sanji Vs. Absalom
Chopper Vs. Hogback
Robin Vs. Perona
Franky Vs. General

PaperYomiko
April 02, 2007, 07:58 PM
I just had to throw this out there, did anybody else recognise Ryuuma from Wanted! ??? He's come a long way since killing a dragon....

What is Wanted!? another manga? Sounds familiar...

Red-Haried Shanks, good call with the laugh. I just assumed it was Ryuuma the first time I read it. I wonder why they did it? Is it contagious? Something about his sword move? Is Oda just being weird and nonsensical? (That one goes without saying, I suppose)

Anti-panda
April 02, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well let me revise my pairings for this arc since we now know that generals are there.

Luffy vs Gekko moria .. unchanged this has to happen.

Robin vs perona ( flower chick vs ghost chick.) probably over chopper.

Zoro vs Zombie swordsman the one that sounds like brooke

Sanji Vs absalom In revenge for touching nami.

Franky vs Big bruiser zombie. At top of last chapter last page.

Ussop vs The gun weilding zombie general

Nami Vs the sword and shield wielding zombie general .. Note: He looks like he may be wielding a spear or some other type of weapon.

Chopper Vs the Drinking Zombie general .... I think he may remind him of doctorine as well ... He might even be her brother (desceased of course.)
Note: the drinking zombie may have two swords .. However one looks like a rapier and the other looks like a Katana.. or maybe a kodachi ... A smaller sword used for defense. So that leads me to believe he either has a really weird sword style or he just carries the swords for looks.

And lastly Luffy and chopper vs Hogback and Unnamed zombie on table. Chopper needs to crush Hogbacks dream whatever it is ... and maybe bring him back to the path of a true physician.

sahugani
April 02, 2007, 11:32 PM
I think it is wrong to assume that everybody will be paired up. that actually doesn't happen all that often. Only in the Arlong, Arabasta, and Enies Lobby fights were a majority of the Strawhats each paired up with an opponant. All of the other times, most of the Strawhats are incapacitated or doing background work and only Luffy and one or two others get major final fights. Since we just came off of an arc with that type of final fight setup, i expect (and prefer) to not have everyone fight. I think Usopp, Nami, and Sanji will be doing some background investigation while the others have final fights. this is my prediction

Luffy vs. Moria - duh

Zoro vs. Ryuuma - he needs another sword and to test his swordsmanship against his first TRUE swordsman (other than Mihawk. and by real i mean all strength comes from swordsmanship). he may also fight the drinking zombie general first to get a temporary sword

Robin vs. Perona - i don't know how, but it just works. and she really needs this major fight under her belt

Franky vs. multiple zombie generals - more a hope than anything, but he needs his first official fight as a Strawhat and with multiple enemies, he can show off the diversity of his weapon systems

Chopper vs. Absalom - I think Chopper will beat on both Hogback and Absalom, but Absalom will be the major fight while Hogback is the emotional battle. Chopper's nose allows him to negate Absalom's invisibility and Absalom seems to do Hogback's heavy lifting. Hogback is to Moria's crew as Nami was to Arlong's crew. In battle, he is nothing compared to the other crewmembers, but his particular ability to create zombies is crucial to Moria's crew strength.

Sanji - He'll be solo for a little while, but will do some background investigation either with Nami and Usopp or parallel to them. If he does get a fight, it could be the Frankenstein's monster type zombie on Hogback's table, but it will be an easy win.

Usopp & Nami - Background investigation of Brooke/Ryuuma/Hogback/Zombies/Cindry

Gamabounta
April 03, 2007, 06:09 AM
I think it is wrong to assume that everybody will be paired up. that actually doesn't happen all that often. Only in the Arlong, Arabasta, and Enies Lobby fights were a majority of the Strawhats each paired up with an opponant.

Yeah, but when they couldn't fight it was mostly because they were caught/injured.
As far as we know, yet, everyone should have a fight. I'm not sure yet so I'll wait 1 or 2 more chapters, because the story-background isn't complete yet.

IgnorantSage
April 03, 2007, 08:34 AM

I just read the manga again and you're right, this Ryuuma guy has something fishy about him.

This swordsman causing people to laugh with a Yohoho is really weird but knowing Oda, weird is normal. :tem

There was another thread about Luffy's laughter and the way other pirates distinctive laughs in the Tree of Knowledge. Maybe this arc will explore a bit about that aspect of One Piece? :blink

Ginny-N
April 03, 2007, 06:12 PM
I was thinking about it...

Well, At the beggining I think the general zombies are 4, but now I notice they are 5... oh, well...

I still think this is the first swarm of attack with the General Zombies and the Strongest ones gonna get pairing with one general zombie. Then we can pairing the rest of the Gekko Moria Crew with all the Mugiwaras. Seriously.

About the "Weaklings", I think their shadows are stolen. And Sanji gonna do their job of a while.

Think about it: 3 of the strawhat are already captured, so, most proably the General Zombies Absalom awake gonna split up and try to defeat one Strawhat. Luffy and co gonna kick their asses. And Absalom think about an special treatament.

We don't gonna know something about Ussop, Nami and Chopper for a while... unless Oda uses Hagback for explain what's gonna happen with them, something unlikely

And again, I hope me and all you guys will be wrong. That will make this more interesting ^^!

otaclub_87
April 04, 2007, 01:43 AM
great..everyone are discussing who fights who..and i want to make one to

now there are general first to deal...meanwhile,sanji are doing detective thing to search for nami's team..

about brook...i think they will save nami's team..so they all meet up with sanji and now they are 5...each one fights one general...

luffy will meet up with hogback,ryuma,cindry..and the fights begin
hogback-franky
cindry-robin
ryuma-zorro

luffy go ahead first and encounter with absalom

that's my prediction so far..

caco
April 04, 2007, 11:58 AM
What is Wanted!? another manga? Sounds familiar...

I think wanted is shorts mangas draw by oda. I didnt read them but i want to do it if anybody have the link please give it to me, thx

Red-Haired Shanks
April 05, 2007, 03:21 AM
Get it here: Wanted! (http://www.sendspace.com/file/amxu3c).

venicia777
April 06, 2007, 12:41 AM
You guys can check out our release in the latest scanlations sections. Dont forget to give FHS some love.

441, 445 HQ and 450 s-MQ (450 HQ is on the way)

sengpoi92@gmail.com
April 06, 2007, 05:10 AM
im sure they're not having a fight in the next chapter

Ensui_Mikigami
April 06, 2007, 05:48 AM
Yeah, Oda-sensei usually builds up more suspense before the fights begin. Besides, we don't even know where Sanji is and what the fate of Nami, Chopper, and Usopp is right now. Fights will come but let's enjoy the build-up, and face the fact that the arc is just beginning!

And I have a feeling Sanji's pulling another sabotage move, like from Enies Lobby. What he's sabotaging....well, who the hell knows?

bax
April 06, 2007, 06:01 AM
The chapter is out guys. Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11195)

Go ahead and discuss the chapter ^^

In the spoiler thread there are 2 spoiler script translated, I don't know if they are complete, but if you want you can find them here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=353676#post353676) and here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=353682#post353682).

-
<It isn't allowed either talking or reporting or making references or implying facts regarding the last released chapter outside his proper "discussion thread" and "predictions thread" until the week-end passed. Even with the use of "spoiler tag" it will be considered a violation of this rule.>

- a banning the second time, whose duration will be in relation to the gravity of the offense;

bax
April 06, 2007, 06:03 AM
The chapter 451 is out. Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11195)

After done downloading and read the chapter, please do tell us what do you think will happened in the next chapter. Please remember, no spamming.

Predict away :amuse

Hermie
April 06, 2007, 07:56 AM
Sanji?! ;______;

First he dissapears, and now this newcomer penguin-dog zombie is acting just like him?! Not fair!

(also, I can't belive I just used the term "newcomer penguin-dog zombie"...)

ANBU4U
April 06, 2007, 11:56 AM
There arnt words for how much I love this arc. Oda is just having fun with it, adding in characters from his old stories as well as (what seems to me) a LOT of refrences to classic and modern Horror and Pirate Icons, so far I see elements of:

Night of the living dead - Classic zombie mythos really
Dracula
Pirates of the caribbean
And if im not mistaken, Dorian Grey...which is just amazing

The most interesting being Captain John and Brooke.

Just amazing. It doesnt even make sense how One Piece is so consistantly better than Bleach and Naruto. I just can't recall a point in the story when I thought "man...I wish this arc would speed up." not for anything other than pure excitement anyway.

Thats not to say that there haven't been points when I enjoyed Naruto, or Bleach more...because I have. It's just that Naruto and Bleach both dissapoint me every so often....but I can't recall ever finishing a chapter of One Piece and thinking....."that sucked."

$$EDIT$$

Also the way Oda puts you into his world is amazing...he illustrates they layout of his locations beautifuly. The Enis Lobby design was amazing, perfectly set into stages that needed to be surmounted...and Thriller Barque may be even better. This time he hasnt even really cheated by using diagrams...we see more of the ship as the strawhats do. I mean the forest bridge (Perona's Garden) that leads from Hogbacks Mansion to (Pressumably) Gecko Moria's Castle is just incredibly concieved, but not just that. The moat leading from the ocean, the sails above the ship, its all just great. I cant wait until we see more of the place. Oda will probably give us an actual diagram after a bit more of the landscape is revealed....he wont be able to resist himself, I think he like's do show us just how far he's thought things through. Hints the Merry blueprints.

bakh
April 06, 2007, 12:05 PM
I really didn't expect this:) It looks like to create zombie they need shadow of living man. Who stealed Sanji and Zoro and where are they? I was unfair to author. This arc may become awful.

Anti-panda
April 06, 2007, 12:31 PM
This arc is awesome .. first all the zombies. Then we have this Pengin-Zombie that acts just like sanji.
My prediction is that they steal the shadows to reanimate the zombies then the zombie takes on the personality of the shadows origional owner. But thats obvious.
I loved that this arc is becoming both cheesy and creepy at the same time.

Anti-panda
April 06, 2007, 12:35 PM
I predict in the next chapter we will start to see through nami ussop and chopper how shadows are stolen and how they are attached to zombies and how it effects the zombies. We will also see luffy and robin and franky probably start to team up against those general zombies. Thou I do believe brooke will have to make his grand enterance soon and i believe he will be fighting a general zombie alongside luffy and the otheres.

dave1848
April 06, 2007, 01:42 PM
What the hell did they do to sanji. He's a PENGUIN!!! I hope they'll be able to put him back together, once luffy beats the crap out of them lol. Maybe Zoro is also coming back as a peguin/Dog lol. Or maybe a different animal, what do you guys think?

Tanj
April 06, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think Moria is abducting the stawhats himself, that he has a shadow fruit which allows him to move through shadows somehow, possibly moving through a "shadow world" allowing him to abduct the strawhats from the smaller mansion without anyone noticing. He can also remove their shadows and attach them to some corpses prepared by Hogback resulting in his own army of zombie-strawhats, which will all backfire spectacularly.

sahugani
April 06, 2007, 08:24 PM
My mind is all over the place for some reason today and so i don't think i'll be able to get any serious work done on either of my reviews until tomorrow or late tonight at best.

There are a couple things about the chapter i'd like to comment on now though. First of all, the theory of Sanji's shadow being affixed to the penguin still seems most likely. It explains him, Ryuuma/Brooke, and Cindry's personality. Also, as i mentioned on the spoiler thread, it supports my theory of Sanji acting in the background instead of having a final fight. In Zoro's case for this chapter, i wouldn't doubt that he just got lost (it has happened before)

PaperYomiko
April 06, 2007, 09:12 PM
That shadow theory seems pretty sound to me, good thinking guys :thumbs

Those two squirrely-zombies were really cute...erm, kind of unexpected considering they are technically dead? I keep expecting to see a furby-ish kind of thing, not entirely sure why though. This arc is so insane, I love it :XD

ANBU4U
April 06, 2007, 10:31 PM
I think Moria is abducting the stawhats himself, that he has a shadow fruit which allows him to move through shadows somehow, possibly moving through a "shadow world" allowing him to abduct the strawhats from the smaller mansion without anyone noticing. He can also remove their shadows and attach them to some corpses prepared by Hogback resulting in his own army of zombie-strawhats, which will all backfire spectacularly.

Haha, I can see that happening.

ninetailfox84
April 07, 2007, 02:11 AM
my prediction:

more talking and little action, but it still fun though..:p

hope to see gecko moria soon!

otaclub_87
April 07, 2007, 03:02 AM
this arc still have to much mysteries..i just wondering the method of stealing shadows...hope the next arc will show us that..

first sanji..then zorro...who's gone next??i predict robin..

rocklee87
April 07, 2007, 03:37 AM
so the doc steals shadows to give zombies life, but a part of the persons personality stays ith the shadow and re-animated zombie?

weird

Aryador
April 07, 2007, 04:00 AM
i predict:

That sanji has lost his shadow and the penguin "new guy" got sanji's shadow.
later we will see a charater(zombie) with zorros shadow.
robin will also loose her shadow. we wont get to know how it is done until they try and steal luffies shadow.

hatsuharupeace
April 07, 2007, 07:38 AM
franky won't have his shadow taken, because pratically, he's half robot, and that may mean that he doesn't have a proper shadow, and that he can't have it taken.

Red-Haired Shanks
April 07, 2007, 08:56 AM
franky won't have his shadow taken, because pratically, he's half robot, and that may mean that he doesn't have a proper shadow, and that he can't have it taken.

Eh? A robot has a shadow too, almost everything has a shadow...and franky is a humen, modified with some metalstuff, so why should it be impossible to not steal his shadow? I think that you are WRONG :D, nah, just my opignion

borhan
April 07, 2007, 09:58 AM
the new penguin is definitely the lost sanji.then zoro's zombie after this or he might just lost as always

Krusade
April 07, 2007, 11:11 AM
maybe its a costume XD

War
April 07, 2007, 01:05 PM
I predict that we'll be seeing Zoro's zombie in the next chapter, along with Robin or Franky or Luffy (or all) disappearing.

Some action too. ^^

MDLatqp
April 07, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum, and trying to get some of these one piece chapters. I've been searching all thru these forums to try and figure out why the 442 link at the beginning of this thread doesn't work. From what I can tell, it's simply a busted link. However, I don't know where it was supposed to point to. Could someone please help me out? Secondly, since I'm trying to get a number of chapters, I anticipate this problem again with 443, 444, etc. So if you can help, could you point me towards the thread or threads that have all these chapters? Thanks.

*EDIT* ~5 minutes later

Being unable, as I am, to restrain myself, I continued searching through the forums. Low and behold; I found what I sought! Thanks to anyone who may have started to help me.

moscovite999
April 07, 2007, 07:50 PM
I predict that we'll be seeing Zoro's zombie in the next chapter, along with Robin or Franky or Luffy (or all) disappearing.

Some action too. ^^

It will be very funny and a very good idea if Oda do it!

sushi
April 07, 2007, 07:57 PM
I think the skeleton that brought them to the island [ what was his name again ] show up on the nect chapter

he either meet with luffy who is lost again and guide him through but nevertheless met with moria

or

he meet with nami and the guys to bring them to perona

Anti-panda
April 07, 2007, 08:51 PM
My mind is all over the place for some reason today and so i don't think i'll be able to get any serious work done on either of my reviews until tomorrow or late tonight at best.

There are a couple things about the chapter i'd like to comment on now though. First of all, the theory of Sanji's shadow being affixed to the penguin still seems most likely. It explains him, Ryuuma/Brooke, and Cindry's personality. Also, as i mentioned on the spoiler thread, it supports my theory of Sanji acting in the background instead of having a final fight. In Zoro's case for this chapter, i wouldn't doubt that he just got lost (it has happened before)

You make a good point.. Who is the person ... who once owned the shadow affixed to cindry?
Also why does absalom look down on the zombies. He's refered to himself as being alive not the reanimated dead on several occasions. Interesting?? yes very!!

Alexander Anderson
April 08, 2007, 07:41 AM
some minor stuff thrown in by Oda about Captain John :
(in case if this was not posted yet)

One Piece
Volume 25 : The Hundred Million Man
Chapter 233
The Highest Authority in the World

- Page 135 -

Boss Man: C'mon boys, let's start us another day of pure tunnel-diggin'!!

Diggers: Yeah, Boss Man!!

Boss Man: Oh!! You guys new recruits?!

Buggy: Huh?
Aaaaah!! Breakin' a sweat is such a wonderful thing!!
BOSS MAN!!

Boss Man: That's right, it's our sweat that makes this tunnel.
And that turns into people's smiles!!

Buggy: Yeah yeah... and after hard labor there's nothing like a good beer, mm-
AH!!!
HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME
WORK UP A SWEAT!!!

Diggers: Kyaaaaa!!

- Page 136 -

Mohji: So Captain John's treasure did not exist after all, Captain Buggy.

Cabaji: Shh!! Be more considerate, Mohji, the captain obviously got the wrong island!!
Are you TRYING to ridicule his pathetic, rudimentary-

Anti-panda
April 08, 2007, 01:13 PM
Well whatevers going on its obvious that this is becoming a real threat to the strawhats. If sanji or anyone else has thier shadow stolen then they cannot go into the sun and that means luffy will be fighting for his nakama. Moria is toast.
But not in the next chapter. I predict that we'll get to see perona in action next chapter not a direct fight but pulling some strings. Maybe end with a good shot of moria .. or that warthog thing tracking nami down.

otaclub_87
April 08, 2007, 11:45 PM
i agreed with most of you that the penguin-kun is sanji..so we will see zorro's zombie on next chapter....if that correct..that means..."The method to make a zombie is to steal his/her shadows"...???

so if in the end Brook's shadow is back then he will have a proper form..thank Oda..the newcoming crewmember isnt a skeleton..=p

War
April 09, 2007, 07:04 AM
so if in the end Brook's shadow is back then he will have a proper form..thank Oda..the newcoming crewmember isnt a skeleton..=p

Umm... I'm not sure but won't Brook only have his shadow and not his past body back? Which means Brook will be only be able to go under the Sun. :\

MDLatqp
April 09, 2007, 12:54 PM
War's right. otaclub_87, if/when Brooke has his shadow returned to him, he will not "have a proper form" because his current 'form' isn't a result of his lost shadow. It's merely a result of being dead for a year (I think it was just one). What really intrigues me about Brooke however, is his combat potential. I'm dying to know what kind of abilities he'll have in combat (if any). Perhaps he'll have a bone boomerang? That would be so cool!

Brooke: TIBIA-BOOMERANG! *throws his tibia* ahah; brilliant.

Ginny-N
April 09, 2007, 01:13 PM
nahahahahahahahaha

cool...

I think Brook will be the perfect Ship Caretaker.

Whathever, next chapter, Zoro is in fact lost and Uso-Nami-Cho going to escape to the animal zombies thanks to Sanji-tux (Linux users... anyone?). Then they gonna to deduce the most probably fact is this Zombie has Sanji's Shadow. Maybe Ussop has a mirror and they look eachother for know if they still have their shadows.

Yeah yeah, too especific... but, that I want to know... if they still have their shadows...

caco
April 09, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think Brook will be the perfect Ship Caretaker.

Brook is going to be the musician.

I want to know more about the shadow thing, this arc have a lot of misteries and also I want to see more action

KuraiOfAnagura
April 09, 2007, 03:11 PM
I predict:

we will see which zombie got Zoro's character. (I say this, cause it is not proved yet, that zombies are created by giving them shadows)

and I also predict:
Zoro's zombie will be something as dumb as Sanji's. if not even more dumb.
A mixture of a snail and a cat perhaps. or seal and a genuipig (ah, don't know how that word is spelled. you know, this little cute pets, who look like fat rats without tails)
hehe that's fun to think about it.

Anti-panda
April 09, 2007, 03:52 PM
some minor stuff thrown in by Oda about Captain John :
(in case if this was not posted yet)

One Piece
Volume 25 : The Hundred Million Man
Chapter 233
The Highest Authority in the World

- Page 135 -

Boss Man: C'mon boys, let's start us another day of pure tunnel-diggin'!!

Diggers: Yeah, Boss Man!!

Boss Man: Oh!! You guys new recruits?!

Buggy: Huh?
Aaaaah!! Breakin' a sweat is such a wonderful thing!!
BOSS MAN!!

Boss Man: That's right, it's our sweat that makes this tunnel.
And that turns into people's smiles!!

Buggy: Yeah yeah... and after hard labor there's nothing like a good beer, mm-
AH!!!
HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME
WORK UP A SWEAT!!!

Diggers: Kyaaaaa!!

- Page 136 -

Mohji: So Captain John's treasure did not exist after all, Captain Buggy.

Cabaji: Shh!! Be more considerate, Mohji, the captain obviously got the wrong island!!
Are you TRYING to ridicule his pathetic, rudimentary-

Great find ... really impressive!
Nami's gonna have Beri for eyes for sure if it's true.

Anti-panda
April 09, 2007, 03:59 PM
Knowing zoro ... if he does have a zombie ... it'll be lost or more likely asleep.
what really disturbs me is the fact that sanji and zoro both dissappeared right under the other strawhats noses. Now luffy and franky are not the sharpest tools in the shed .. but robin not noticing thats just weird, and creepy. Plus once you consider that zoro and sanji are no weaklings ... in fact thier strength is monsterous, So the technique used to capture them must've either been ingenius. Or we are woefully underestimating the strength of geko moria and his henchmen.
Either way .... i'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Even if we just get introduced to the other generals. But i'm hoping for more, and either some story development or some fights.

Ginny-N
April 09, 2007, 04:20 PM
Brook is going to be the musician.

I know that. But Brook staying in the ship while the rest of the Mugiwaras are out is something I'm looking forward, if is gonna happen... poor thief who tries to stole something from here... ^^!

Ginny-N
April 09, 2007, 08:09 PM
is just my idea, or the Animal Zombies has Lower Numbers than the Graveyard Zombies? Maybe the numbers are a way to level the Power of the Zombies: Lower the number, more powerful they are. That can explain why Cindry has that big number, when, is almost obvious she was the first reanimated person by Hogback

War
April 10, 2007, 07:47 AM
I'm dying to know what kind of abilities he'll have in combat (if any).

Seeing the Samurai (who should be the one who has Brooke's shadow in him), Brooke could have similar skills compared to him (like Sanji and the penguin). What we've seen so far is Super Speed, or something like that.

MDLatqp
April 10, 2007, 09:29 AM
I bet it has more to do with the order in which they were created by Dr. Hogback. Though I'm not gonna say your supposition is wrong; we have no idea how strong the large majority of these zombies are (except for the graveyard ones that luffy & co. took out). And it's certainly possible that the order in which a zombie was made tells us something about it's strength (although I'm more inclined to believe later zombies would be more powerful as Hogback would probably have been refining his methods as he made more and more zombies). It'll be interesting to see how Oda resolves this question.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 10, 2007, 01:10 PM
I think we'll see Brooke .... and we'll come to know why the penguin behaves like Sanji and/or Gecko Moria ...

Brooke definitively appears next chapter!

Anti-panda
April 10, 2007, 07:26 PM
I know that. But Brook staying in the ship while the rest of the Mugiwaras are out is something I'm looking forward, if is gonna happen... poor thief who tries to stole something from here... ^^!

I'd like to see tashigi come on the ship when just brooke is there.

I'd like to see the look on smokers face when she comes back and say's "I got Sexually harassed by a skeleton. And I couldn't find anything!" ;)
That'd be Great!!!!

Anti-panda
April 10, 2007, 07:31 PM
I bet the numbers are more a clasification system. the digits probably break down whether they are powerful, rank, whether they are animalistic or humanoid, and also what type of shadow they have attached to them. Or it could be a power thing ... that just seems just to obvious for one piece. Plus they already did that with Baroque Works. I'd hate to see the same trick twice in OP I mean it was dissapointing enough when it happened in ... err... well that other manga ....... Think household cleaning product.

Anyway I hold OP up a little higher .... It tends to surprise me more than most other manga. So I'd hate to see oda use the same trick twice.

vishals123
April 10, 2007, 07:48 PM
about sanji
i think it the third penguin who save nami and say i will never allow a woman to be kicked or hit
and then the penguin said they were orginally two and then all of a sudden they say they are three oh ya we are a trio
and so i think it is sanji

(sry if i mentioned the obvious i hope i havent):D :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ginny-N
April 10, 2007, 09:22 PM
I bet the numbers are more a clasification system. the digits probably break down whether they are powerful, rank, whether they are animalistic or humanoid, and also what type of shadow they have attached to them. Or it could be a power thing ... that just seems just to obvious for one piece. Plus they already did that with Baroque Works. I'd hate to see the same trick twice in OP I mean it was dissapointing enough when it happened in ... err... well that other manga ....... Think household cleaning product.

Anyway I hold OP up a little higher .... It tends to surprise me more than most other manga. So I'd hate to see oda use the same trick twice.

You right... I forgot the rank system of Baroque Works. But, is the most probably thing... And, when I think the most probably stuff... Oda ussually think in another stuff. That why I love Oda-sensei... and because he create Ussop too ^^!

PaperYomiko
April 10, 2007, 09:31 PM
about sanji
i think it the third penguin who save nami and say i will never allow a woman to be kicked or hit

and so i think it is sanji

I think it was Anti-panda who came up with the theory that a live person's shadow is used to reanimate the zombies, and that's why they gain their personality... which makes sense, seeing as it can't just be coincidence that the penguin-dog sounds just like Sanji and the swordsman sounds like Brooke (or, can it? this is OP, after all...)

So, if this is the case, he's not really Sanji, he's only gained his personality, by stealing his shadow. (Anyone else feeling some deja vu here with the shadow thing? peter pan, maybe?)

I think this is the most likely scenario, not to mention the fact that if he actually IS Sanji, well, that would kind of suck for Sanji...won't be getting too many girlfriends like that :D

bax
April 11, 2007, 08:03 AM
The RAW is out!! Get it HERE (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11399)

Go on continue to discuss teh chapter :amuse

-

bax
April 11, 2007, 08:03 AM
The RAW is out!! Get it HERE (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11399)

After done downloading, and read it ofcourse, go ahead and predict what will happened in the next chapter .

Luffy in armor? :XD Oh, now it's only three of them left together? Where is Sanji and Zoro? What happened to Nami, Usopp and Chopper?
Looks like the remaining three stumbled upon a giant ape with spider legs? :blink
What will happened? Will they have an easy way out this time? Or will it be another classic "you guys go first, I'll handle this!!" ??

Predict away :amuse

Ginny-N
April 11, 2007, 08:08 AM
Since nobody here gonna read the spoiler thread... I'm a bad person. When I saw Dr. Tsukimi in a coffin, I started to laugh... and I can't stop already...

Ginny-N
April 11, 2007, 08:19 AM
Now I watched the episode... Seriously, I love it... Big Spider-Monkey!! And, If I'm right, they are just under Perona's garden! ^^!!!!!

Yeah, Watched... I can't say read it because I can't read japanese ^^!

Kaku
April 11, 2007, 09:59 AM
lol @ kaze no jigorou

zombie zoro!?

KuraiOfAnagura
April 11, 2007, 02:07 PM
yeah. i watched it, too XD

but... this zombi, is he wearing a napkin??
looks a little bit like Hitler, with that mustache.
three sword? could it be, that Zoros character is in this zombie?
(like i said, i watched the raw, cause i also can't read japanese, so whats his name?)

ah, that spider-monkey's cool. i bet luffy's gonna try to tame it, cause it's a monkey.

and who's inside that coffin? luffy's lost too. is he inside the coffin???
aaaaah, it's kinda cool to have a fresh raw, without any spoilers spoiling it, but it is also frustrating. cause theres is no translation any where!

Ginny-N
April 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
Rockschmock has already translate it: Get it here ^^!

http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11411

Anti-panda
April 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
I predict that the spider Monkey ... or should i call it a monkey spider is somehow responsible for abducting the other strawhats. Plus I bet the 3 sword / cutlass zombie is zoro's zombie counterpart.
I'll probably post again once a good scanlation gets out.
But let me say luffy + Armor = Awsome. Not afro awsome but still really cool.

Anti-panda
April 11, 2007, 05:00 PM
That spider Monkey ... or should i call it a monkey spider is somehow responsible for abducting the other strawhats. Plus I bet the 3 sword / cutlass zombie is zoro's zombie counterpart.
I'll probably post again once a good scanlation gets out.
But let me say luffy + Armor = Awsome. Not afro awsome but still really cool.

pcxxy
April 11, 2007, 05:33 PM
wonderful chapter as expected from Oda.

i would never have thought of these 'super' unknown abilities that could counter this pretty darn powerful Strawhat crew... i mean... suddenly kidnapping them? and infusing/copying their souls into new zombie underlings? it's just too awsome.

I guess the next chapter would either:

1) take us back to Chopper/Nami/Usopp and learn more about this Sanguindog (sanji+penguin+dog) thing... and perhaps about what they may find out with these copy/paste business behind this zombie manufacturing pipeline...

or

2) seeing the fates of Robin and Franky. We'll probably see where they'll be taken to soon.

caco
April 11, 2007, 05:37 PM
where the hell is this arc going every chapter make me wonder more things, like now luffy is cought what is going to happend.

Those zombies are connected with sanji and zoro but how? Oda is great at this

pcxxy
April 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
i'm just enjoying the fact that Oda can come up with these ideas that could make this apparently invincible crew helpless... :D

I'm looking forward to see how the story develops, and how they beat Moria Getto in teh end xD

KuraiOfAnagura
April 11, 2007, 06:10 PM
Rockschmock has already translate it: Get it here ^^!

http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11411

thanks!!!

ah, i see a "fight-against-yourself"-fight comming up

Tailsnake
April 11, 2007, 09:56 PM
It looks like everybody is gonna have quite a few fights (we've already seen 2 swordsmen and almost everybody has a counterpart already except Robin and Franky). I think this is gonna be more about stamina than strength, can anybody find what the Zombie Hogback was working on a few chapters ago was numbered; I wanna see how many enemies the crew will have to deal with.

Anti-panda
April 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
Man there are way too many enimies ... all those general zombies and then hogback, absolom , perona, and gekko "freakin" moria.
This is great .. after how the strawhats cleaned house at enis lobby now ... there really got thier back to the ropes. Greatness.
What if after they beat these generals .. they all wind up facing thier counterpart zombies. This could wind up being a insanely long arc.

MDLatqp
April 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
I checked Tailsnake. The zombie Dr. Hogback was completing when Chopper, Nami, and Ussop discovered his laboratory was numbered 741. Somehow though, I doubt ALL of them will be fought directly by the Strawhats.

MDLatqp
April 11, 2007, 11:27 PM
Ya know, I was just thinking how unexpected it would be if we found out that the zombies and Gecko Moria and all the other enemies were actually much weaker than we're giving them credit; that everything thus far had been a series of flukes and surprise attacks and such. That once all the mugiwaras "got their bearings" (so-to-speak), it was merely a matter of finding the enemies to take them out? I could just see Oda pulling the wool over all our eyes like this; set up a conflict that initially appears all but hopeless for our heroes, then suddenly reveal the opponents were pitiful compared to Luffy & co. Who knows? Maybe Moria found a way to become a Shichibukai without being physically powerful, though I doubt that....Guess we'll find out at some point.

danke
April 12, 2007, 04:00 AM
wow.. so many new characters in this new episodes !! another samurai.. gosh... cool... straw hat's crew looks in deep water now...

sahugani
April 12, 2007, 04:05 AM
well it looks like Zoro really was taken and not just lost as i initially thought. as a Franky fan, this chapter made me very happy and seeing more of Luffy's idiocy is never unwelcome in my book. i'll be doing my review over the course of tomorrow to cover all the little things that made the chapter great

ax999
April 12, 2007, 04:35 AM
I checked Tailsnake. The zombie Dr. Hogback was completing when Chopper, Nami, and Ussop discovered his laboratory was numbered 741. Somehow though, I doubt ALL of them will be fought directly by the Strawhats.

wierd cuz the zorro zombie is #850... do the numbers not go in order? was hogback reconstructing an old zombie? or did hogback make 109 zombies in such a short amount of time?

ubo
April 12, 2007, 04:39 AM
Ya know, I was just thinking how unexpected it would be if we found out that the zombies and Gecko Moria and all the other enemies were actually much weaker than we're giving them credit; that everything thus far had been a series of flukes and surprise attacks and such. That once all the mugiwaras "got their bearings" (so-to-speak), it was merely a matter of finding the enemies to take them out? I could just see Oda pulling the wool over all our eyes like this; set up a conflict that initially appears all but hopeless for our heroes, then suddenly reveal the opponents were pitiful compared to Luffy & co. Who knows? Maybe Moria found a way to become a Shichibukai without being physically powerful, though I doubt that....Guess we'll find out at some point.

no way. Moria is a giant. he's powerful. plus, he has a sick devil fruit ability. it's already pretty obvious that Franky and Robin were having trouble fighting in the arena... this isn't a fluke at all. they are in some deep shit and Luffy better get serious very soon. if the strawhat shadow zombies have anywhere near the power of their counterparts, it's going to get pretty ugly when Monkey D. Zombie appears.

ax999
April 12, 2007, 04:41 AM
yeah i predict that the zombies have one overlooked fatal weakness besides fire... maybe defeating gecko moria will take the shadows away from all the zombies and they will become useless, in which case luffy is the one to beat moria while the rest of the mugiwaras would have to keep the zombies busy.

Ginny-N
April 12, 2007, 08:43 AM
Normaly, EVERYTHING has a weak point. The good part of the main characters is they always can go over this using their spirit (In anyway posible). So, this zombies, must have a weak point. I don't know where, but they must have.

Anyway, If I'm not mistaken, Franky and Robin are just under Perona's Garden. If the battle is strong enough, they gonna meet Ussop, Chopper and Nami somehow. Or have a sight of them. I was thinking about maybe, the weakling gonna know Sanji, Zoro and Luffy are actually captured, and then, I don't know how, Franky and Robin get captured too. and, Tatan! Everything is now in their hands. I wanna saw that.

Anyway, since the Gigolo of the Wind can use Zoro's techniques, that mean, Brook maybe can use Ryuuma techniques, right? I don't feel right...

Ginny-N
April 12, 2007, 08:50 AM
This could wind up being a insanely long arc.

Insanely long, and Insanely arc...

pcxxy
April 12, 2007, 09:27 AM
lol @ 'Monkey D. Zombie'

btw have u guys noticed... that monkeyspider's body looks like a devil fruit...?

anyhows, i suddenly got the idea that Jigoroh could be some sort of long lost twin of Zorro's... maybe he's Zorro's uncle? or more crazily... father?!? xD

Absolutio
April 12, 2007, 11:29 AM
I think the numbers go randomly.. and most of the zombies are just lame zombies, the "important" ones are the general zombies, which should be fought, more or less, almost all of them, against the strawhats (which already happend).

jinsomnia
April 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
yeah, i like this arc... it pretty awesome with all thats going on and secret stuff.... always a new revealation in a new chapter.

jinsomnia
April 12, 2007, 12:38 PM
lol @ 'Monkey D. Zombie'

btw have u guys noticed... that monkeyspider's body looks like a devil fruit...?

anyhows, i suddenly got the idea that Jigoroh could be some sort of long lost twin of Zorro's... maybe he's Zorro's uncle? or more crazily... father?!? xD

since there are zombies of past great warrior, we might see some families of luffy and co...

neway, i thing with all this is going, i think that luffy and co will be turned into zombies (excluded nami, chopper and ussopp). The reason to this, i think is to trauin luffy and co without their special power, like Brooke. Thus, they learn to fight not using their devil fruit ability and all....

some conflict with this arc... if they cannot go outside in the sun, does the Thriller Bark always nightime? help me with this, cause if the park cannot be nightime all the time, this arc will end up sooner than we think...

aimichan
April 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
Well, it seems as though the fog keeps the sun from shining down. So I think day and night still progresses, you just can't see the sun due to the fog/mist.

And I have to wonder, are they really being turned into zombies? Maybe their spirits are removed from their bodies into dead bodies (thus making them zombies) but in the process, they lose their memories? That's what I'd like to think...

And Sanji's zombie seems to support this, kind of, since he is a new zombie who refuses to kick a lady. He doesn't seem to remember Nami but still remembers his morals that he held as a human. But then I have to wonder about Zoro and Jigoroh. The names sound kind of similar? But then again, Jigoroh actually has a death date and history and stuff but still uses Zoro's moves...

Ahhhh, this is getting really confusing. Can't wait to see what new stuff happens next =D

PaperYomiko
April 12, 2007, 04:53 PM
I really hope Luffy stays in his armour for the entire arc. It's just too awesome. 'If an armour is just lying around, isn't it a man's romance to wear it?' :XD But where on earth does Franky keep that guitar?!

Right, well anyway this arc just keeps getting weirder, funnier, and better with every chapter :D In terms of who's going to fight who, and all that, I really don't know anymore, it seems any attempt to predict is futile with Oda at this point... though I still subscribe to the shadow theory.

Speaking of which, the Zoro Zombie... happens to be wearing an incredibly disturbing outfit, imho... a grown zombie in diapers is not exactly eye-candy. And what is around his waist? An inner tube? Actually, he kind of reminds me of the okama-swan guy from baroque works. It is funny though that he has the three swords, and the obi waistband Zoro always wears.

I hope we get to see a Luffy zombie :D

Ginny-N
April 12, 2007, 05:17 PM
And I have to wonder, are they really being turned into zombies? Maybe their spirits are removed from their bodies into dead bodies (thus making them zombies) but in the process, they lose their memories? That's what I'd like to think...

And Sanji's zombie seems to support this, kind of, since he is a new zombie who refuses to kick a lady. He doesn't seem to remember Nami but still remembers his morals that he held as a human. But then I have to wonder about Zoro and Jigoroh. The names sound kind of similar? But then again, Jigoroh actually has a death date and history and stuff but still uses Zoro's moves...

Apparently, the shadows holds something the esence of a person. It's like, the thing that define this person like him and not like another. A thing which define Sanji as Sanji is chivalry code and a thing which define Zoro as Zoro is his warrior code. Other stuff that define them are his personal techniques. And that why I think Jigoroh can use Zoro's techniques. And that why I wonder if Brook have swordman skills.

Ahhhh, this is getting really confusing. Can't wait to see what new stuff happens next =D

Me too! Me too!

vishals123
April 12, 2007, 05:43 PM
i am guessing that they can take the souls out and put them in dead bodies and they just transfered the souls
the bodies are still there but the souls arent
they are transfered to the bodies that were tore up and then hogback stitched the body back

i dont know
i give up
help me someone:darn :darn :darn :darn :darn :darn

Paz42
April 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
i agree with Ginny-N in that the shadow has somthing to do with the process of zombification like the shadow contains the soul or somthing like that and i also agree with vishals123 that the person whos shadow or soul has been taken is still alive but cant die as there soul has been taken since its contained in the shadow hence the old man zombie and brooke so maybe Hogback/Moria have somewhere that contains all theese people they have caught on the various Zombie nights kept somewhere but brooke managed to get away as he seems to be insanely fast (ala him running over the surface of the water) and the old man was not a threat.
I dont know just a theory

gensou
April 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
i will say that luffy will fight that one zombie general and own everyone. Or they find a weakness and kill those zombie.

caco
April 12, 2007, 07:31 PM
i think that real zoro and the real sanji will fight the zombies version of them. They must be somewhere because Brook didnt have shadow and still can move and have will.

sahugani
April 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
regarding the copied personalities of zombies, i'm also on board with the shadow theory, but i think that the idea of stealing the soul is overthinking it a bit. i mean especially in Brooke's case, he has no brain or muscle so the only thing that is moving his skeleton is his soul. i think that the theft of the shadow makes real what is generally taken as a symbolic meaning for the shadow. a person's shadow copies every move they make and so by reanimating corpses with the shadows of the living, the zombies mimic the actions of the original like a shadow. I'll try to give a full blown theory on the zombie/shadow issue in my review

Anti-panda
April 12, 2007, 09:49 PM
regarding the copied personalities of zombies, i'm also on board with the shadow theory, but i think that the idea of stealing the soul is overthinking it a bit. i mean especially in Brooke's case, he has no brain or muscle so the only thing that is moving his skeleton is his soul. i think that the theft of the shadow makes real what is generally taken as a symbolic meaning for the shadow. a person's shadow copies every move they make and so by reanimating corpses with the shadows of the living, the zombies mimic the actions of the original like a shadow. I'll try to give a full blown theory on the zombie/shadow issue in my review

Your on the right track .. in many cultures, including english/american, many believed the Shadow, and reflection are indicitive or reflect the soul not nessecarilly the body. So when you see your reflection or your shadow it's a piece of your soul. So stealing someones shadow would in esscence steal thier soul.
Interesting side note, when camera's first came out there were many people who wouldn't let themselves be photographed because they thought it would steal part of thier soul. It's even been documented recently by some of the more excentric celebrities.
This theroy would futher lend credit to why they can't go out into the sun, with no shadow or soul to reflect they would be destroyed by the suns' light.

Anti-panda
April 12, 2007, 09:53 PM
I really hope Luffy stays in his armour for the entire arc. It's just too awesome. 'If an armour is just lying around, isn't it a man's romance to wear it?' :XD But where on earth does Franky keep that guitar?!

First off .. I hope luffy ditches the armor ... maybe keep it for one fight like mizu luffy. Secondly this chapter really sold me on why franky is awesome.
You don't wanna know where he keeps the guitar. However it's not in the place you'd expect. But trust me it's a mans romance to keep his guitar.... where ever he keeps it. Or whatever?

sahugani
April 12, 2007, 10:15 PM
I think the numbers go randomly.. and most of the zombies are just lame zombies, the "important" ones are the general zombies, which should be fought, more or less, almost all of them, against the strawhats (which already happend).

with the numbers, i've noticed a distict organization

less than 400 - creature zombies + Hildon
400 - Cindry
between 400 and 800 - graveyard zombies
above 800 - general zombies

MDLatqp
April 12, 2007, 10:16 PM

Right, well anyway this arc just keeps getting weirder, funnier, and better with every chapter :D In terms of who's going to fight who, and all that, I really don't know anymore, it seems any attempt to predict is futile with Oda at this point... though I still subscribe to the shadow theory.

Speaking of which, the Zoro Zombie... happens to be wearing an incredibly disturbing outfit, imho... a grown zombie in diapers is not exactly eye-candy. And what is around his waist? An inner tube? Actually, he kind of reminds me of the okama-swan guy from baroque works. It is funny though that he has the three swords, and the obi waistband Zoro always wears.

I hope we get to see a Luffy zombie :D

Not an inner-tube dude, a tutu! Just like the swan guy.

PaperYomiko
April 13, 2007, 08:25 AM
Interesting observation with the numbers, sahugani. I've been wondering about them but never bothered to try to make sense of them. Still, I wonder if they mean much beyond a system of categorization? Guess we'll find out...

You don't wanna know where he keeps the guitar. However it's not in the place you'd expect. But trust me it's a mans romance to keep his guitar.... where ever he keeps it. Or whatever?

Oh, I know I don't want to know.... :XD

Not an inner-tube dude, a tutu! Just like the swan guy.

A tutu! Good call! But, that's still a very strange looking tutu, no? And what is an old samurai doing wearing a tutu in the first place? The mystery deepens. Did anyone else think of Elton John because of 'Your Song'? I did, which is kind of a bizarre connection :blink

by the way, just so you know I'm not really a dude :XD

MDLatqp
April 13, 2007, 11:23 AM
A tutu! Good call! But, that's still a very strange looking tutu, no? And what is an old samurai doing wearing a tutu in the first place? The mystery deepens. Did anyone else think of Elton John because of 'Your Song'? I did, which is kind of a bizarre connection :blink

by the way, just so you know I'm not really a dude :XD

It's a little odd, to be honest. I'm thinking that maybe the samurai's body is made up of parts from a number of different people? Perhaps the waist of someone who DID wear a tutu? Can't be sure. It's also possible that he just prefers wearing odd-looking tutus; we've definitely seen stranger folks than that in this anime.

Haha, can't say that I thought of Elton John.

And finally, I'm (originally) from CA, and I call everyone dude. Please don't take it personally mademoiselle-chwaaaan. :p

PaperYomiko
April 13, 2007, 01:47 PM
It's also possible that he just prefers wearing odd-looking tutus; we've definitely seen stranger folks than that in this anime.

Very true. I've nothing against samurai's wearing tutus, though it is a bit strange. Whatever makes him happy. And he isn't the strangest we've seen, I agree, though I do believe he's made it onto the list :D

And finally, I'm (originally) from CA, and I call everyone dude. Please don't take it personally mademoiselle-chwaaaan. :p

It's all good. I call people dude, too, and I'm not from CA. Just thought I'd let you know. There's been some confusion on the subject around here, though I'm not sure why. But you can call me dude, anything's fine, really. As long as it's not 'Stupid', or something :p

KuraiOfAnagura
April 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
Your on the right track .. in many cultures, including english/american, many believed the Shadow, and reflection are indicitive or reflect the soul not nessecarilly the body. So when you see your reflection or your shadow it's a piece of your soul. So stealing someones shadow would in esscence steal thier soul.
Interesting side note, when camera's first came out there were many people who wouldn't let themselves be photographed because they thought it would steal part of thier soul. It's even been documented recently by some of the more excentric celebrities.
This theroy would futher lend credit to why they can't go out into the sun, with no shadow or soul to reflect they would be destroyed by the suns' light.

:offtopic i was a guard in a holiday camp last spring. there, the children taught me a new version of "Fangi" (means catching in english, no idea).
The rules: if you (the hunter) touch the shadow of another player the child is catched and can not move, until it is freed by shadow-touching from another player.
i hope that was understandable for you :sweat
this whole shadow-catching thing reminds me of this game *lol*

but now back on topic:
it is a pitty that zoro's shadow was moved into such a good body. i hoped it would have been something as dump as sanji's penguin-dog.

i predict for the next chapter, that robin and franky will meet with nami, chopper and usopp (cause they are so in fear, they jump down the bridge).
one, franky or robin, will also disappear and we will have a rubber-zomby, if ya get what i mean XD

or franky and robin will be able to free luffy.

i hope so, but i think it will not happen the next 3 chapters, that we will see the shadowless sanji and zoro...
... ah, btw BROOK WHERE ARE YOU???

Anti-panda
April 13, 2007, 05:39 PM
I don't think zombie counterparts of the strawhats would copy thier DF abilities just thier personalities and combat style. It'd be funny if luffy - zombie tried to strech but his arm just went flying off instead >...LOL :)

KuraiOfAnagura
April 13, 2007, 06:54 PM
I don't think zombie counterparts of the strawhats would copy thier DF abilities just thier personalities and combat style. It'd be funny if luffy - zombie tried to strech but his arm just went flying off instead >...LOL :)

hahaha :lol

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 10:25 PM
I have no clue whats going on...at first I didnt think that the shadow thing was true...but now...I mean what else could it be? But how are they captuing the strongest members of the crew??? Like Luffy was just being an idiot...why would a stretchy guy wear a suit of armor?? But Zorro and Sanji?

I give up...Ill just wait and see what the best manga in the land has in store.

Serpent
April 14, 2007, 06:38 AM
It'd be funny if luffy - zombie tried to strech but his arm just went flying off instead >...LOL :)
That would be pure gold :grin :lmao

Anti-panda
April 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
I believe Bon Clay proved it takes a real man to wear a tutu. Oh god no .... I just imagined the real zoro in a tutu ... LOL .... Don't do it ... It's pretty disturbing.

ubo
April 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
with the numbers, i've noticed a distict organization

less than 400 - creature zombies + Hildon
400 - Cindry
between 400 and 800 - graveyard zombies
above 800 - general zombies

then maybe a zombie's number corresponds in some way to their strength, or rank. greater zombies might have power over the lesser ones. but the creature zombies having low numbers also supports the theory they were made first, since he'd probably experiment on animals before humans. blarg, i dunno.

MNL1989
April 14, 2007, 04:14 PM
I think that the zombies are just someone from the past who were exactly the same way I dont think they can copy DF abilties so I dont think theres gonna be a Luffy zombie but an Usopp type

PaperYomiko
April 15, 2007, 12:37 PM
Like Luffy was just being an idiot...why would a stretchy guy wear a suit of armor??

Because it's his romance to wear it :D
(And, because he is an idiot)

But I think they're all getting captured easily because they just haven't started to take the zombies seriously...once they do, I don't think it will be too long before they're back on top. So, I guess my prediction is that they'll all fight their zombie-selves, but I think those fights will be fairly quick, because the real fights of the arc have to be against the Moria crew, obviously. Or, maybe not obviously...anything could happen, really...

Maybe Cereberus will show up to fight the giant monkey spider of doom? :XD

Kamikage
April 16, 2007, 06:16 AM
then maybe a zombie's number corresponds in some way to their strength, or rank. greater zombies might have power over the lesser ones. but the creature zombies having low numbers also supports the theory they were made first, since he'd probably experiment on animals before humans. blarg, i dunno.

Maybe it's their Douriki level ^^

MDLatqp
April 16, 2007, 07:10 AM
Maybe it's their Douriki level ^^

I doubt that for two reasons. Firstly, the concept of douriki, as well all know, was introduced in the last arc. Now I don't know about all of you, but I didn't really like it too much. It kinda gave OP a dbz-ish feel. I for one, hope that I wasn't the only one to feel that way, and that this sentiment got back to Oda. With any luck, it wont really be mentioned again. Secondly though, if those numbers represent the douriki of the zombie their on, these guys don't stand a chance. The strongest is what? 800? Every member of CP9 had a stronger douriki than that (except for spandam, and I think kalifa and fukurou were right around 800). So then we would know from the start that these guys have no chance of winning in the end. And even though their numbers give them an edge, it would simply be a matter of time before they lost. And then consider the fact that the zombies appear to be numbered sequentially, 1 to 800 (approximately), with no repeats that we've seen (unless anyone has noticed any?). What are the odds that Hogback made 800 zombies with 800 different dourikis? Never ONCE having two the same strength? And even more unbelievable, why would he start with a douriki of 1? What not start at 800 or 900 and go from there? No, I just don't think that those numbers are douriki.

zagman505
April 16, 2007, 09:18 AM
i don't think that jigoroh or however you spell his name is a zombie with zoro's shadow. i mean, they gave him a mini backstory and even an age at death and everything, it's not like the zombie who almost definitely has sanji's shadow, who was just called the 'new guy'. i think that zoro is probably just lost in the mansion heh XD i really hope he wasn't captured, because we already have jigoroh for him to fight, having a zoro zombie is really kinda redundant considering that jigoroh exists.

anyways, i think that next chapter we'll be seeing robin fight the spider monkey (the spider monkey has 8 limbs, robin can make a ton) while franky holds off the rest of the general zombies, maybe something will happen up top that will bring the sanji-guin, usopp, chopper and nami crashing through perona's wonder garden down to where franky and robin are (franky and robin do appear to be directly beneath perona's wonder garden)

LOL i'd laugh so much if zombie luffy tried to do gomu gomu bazooka and his arms flew off his body XD

Kamikage
April 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
I don't seriously believe that it's douriki level, was just a funny thought. But why not start att 800 or 900 douriki, trial and error ^^ you get better the more you do something. But I like the fact that most general zombies have the number 800 and more, feels almost like a tribute to Akira Toriyamas frankenstein lookalike Eight.

HikaruYami
April 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
No way is it Douriki... the graveyard zombies were weaker than 400... Probably more like 100 to 200 per... less for some, maybe.... It's probably order of reanimation, from first to most recent. That is to say, while it's unlikely that hogback got all the general zombies who were famous warriors from years ago after he abducted the hundreds of generic animal and human zombies, it's very likely that he made his method of reanimation as perfect as possible by using animals then humans to test it out, then used the corpses of the famous warriors which he would have preserved to make them actually zombies, making them last in their order of reanimation.

Of course, it's just speculation like everyone else's, but it honestly seems likely to me....

Rift
April 17, 2007, 02:16 AM
It'd be great to see Zoro fight himself he might even see what weaknesses he needs to improve. Luffy Zombie doing Yari, Bazuka and Rifle would be funny, Gear 3 would be ridiculous.

Dark soul within
April 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
I doubt that Luffy's DF ability would be passed on to a zombie if his shadow is actually taken. Although it would be bloody funny it if did actually happen! Maybe Zorro & Sanji are going to be shown trapped together in a room in the mansion & then they get out an go woop ass!....Robin and Franky prob will come across Nami and the others...I'd like to actually see Gecko Moria properly, but i doubt that will happen for several chapters at least.

Yeah, this could be rather a long story arc, especially cos another shichibukai is involved (& it's on the largest Pirate Ship on the sea)

Anti-panda
April 17, 2007, 07:46 PM
Anyways back on topic. I bet the numbers are some kind of number ranking and filing system. The first number probably refers to something and the following numbers further classify the zombies type and strength.

please keep things civil

scionkai
April 18, 2007, 01:52 AM
I doubt that for two reasons. Firstly, the concept of douriki, as well all know, was introduced in the last arc. Now I don't know about all of you, but I didn't really like it too much. It kinda gave OP a dbz-ish feel. I for one, hope that I wasn't the only one to feel that way, and that this sentiment got back to Oda. With any luck, it wont really be mentioned again. Secondly though, if those numbers represent the douriki of the zombie their on, these guys don't stand a chance. The strongest is what? 800? Every member of CP9 had a stronger douriki than that (except for spandam, and I think kalifa and fukurou were right around 800). So then we would know from the start that these guys have no chance of winning in the end. And even though their numbers give them an edge, it would simply be a matter of time before they lost. And then consider the fact that the zombies appear to be numbered sequentially, 1 to 800 (approximately), with no repeats that we've seen (unless anyone has noticed any?). What are the odds that Hogback made 800 zombies with 800 different dourikis? Never ONCE having two the same strength? And even more unbelievable, why would he start with a douriki of 1? What not start at 800 or 900 and go from there? No, I just don't think that those numbers are douriki.

man u think way too much...pointless anyway..those numbers dont represent any douriki power they possess ㅡㅡ;; its just the experiment log numbers by hogback..i reckon the 800 ones should be more powerful because they're more 'complete'...

MDLatqp
April 18, 2007, 08:57 AM
man u think way too much...pointless anyway..those numbers dont represent any douriki power they possess ㅡㅡ;; its just the experiment log numbers by hogback..i reckon the 800 ones should be more powerful because they're more 'complete'...

That seems to be the general consensus.

....and I think too much? Since when is that a bad thing? lol

bax
April 19, 2007, 08:56 AM
The RAW is out guys, get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11723) and here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=367760#post367760) you an a translation of the leaked script, almost complete.

Go on discuss the chapter ^^

-

bax
April 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
The Chapter 453 is out!! Get it HERE

After reading teh chapter, please go on tell us what you think will happened in the next chapter ^^

Predict away guys :amuse

KuraiOfAnagura
April 19, 2007, 09:14 AM
oh, I'm the first ^^

ok, i have said, i will never try to understand Oda and i will never predict anything...
but: i predict: (oh, so many points)
we will have much much much fun with Brook in the next chapter :hearts

yeah, Brook rules O0

OrangeV
April 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
Great Ch but the best part is that finally "Slash is back" (for me XD)

ANBU4U
April 19, 2007, 02:00 PM
Im not sure, but we'll deffinately see more of that winged form of Robins.

5 Seconds? Not too bad considering she was carrying a 7 foot man made of Iron.

ANBU4U
April 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
Boo 'Cuse!

bakashijinsan
April 19, 2007, 07:13 PM
Great chapter! Nami kicked some bad erosalom @$$, Robin using hands to fly (for five seconds) and Brooke falling from the sky! I gotta admit, Brook falling from the sky was the most exciting part!

caco
April 19, 2007, 08:37 PM
i predict that we will see how brook fights and will be real funny

pcxxy
April 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
i predict we'll see what's up with brooks ;p

pcxxy
April 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
wonderful chapter as always, i think there is NO WAY i could image to see Brooks popping out of the sky, especially when it was least expected.

but then again, expect the unexpected is pretty much Oda's motto =)

Yamazuya
April 19, 2007, 09:19 PM
As for Brook, since he's trapped with the armored zombies, the zorozombie and a general or two if I remember correctly, I assume one of the following:

either a) He runs arround panicing and/or uses his l33t jump skills to get up to robin and franky

or b) since his shadow is inside of that legendary king and he exhibited some major sword skill AND we've seen with the Dogpen that not only personality but also technique gets transmitted: Brooke will own zombie asses with his cane

ANBU4U
April 19, 2007, 09:44 PM
As for Brook, since he's trapped with the armored zombies, the zorozombie and a general or two if I remember correctly, I assume one of the following:

either a) He runs arround panicing and/or uses his l33t jump skills to get up to robin and franky

or b) since his shadow is inside of that legendary king and he exhibited some major sword skill AND we've seen with the Dogpen that not only personality but also technique gets transmitted: Brooke will own zombie asses with his cane

Thats SOOOO not a cane. I've been calling it since I saw it, I hope we see if Im right next chapter.

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 01:07 AM
I hope and predict That it is in FACT a cane. He'll own a general easy next chapter then make his getaway .. I bet he can jump really freakin high .. I mean he's light cause he's just dead bones. But anyway back to the important fact. He'll fight with his cane like those old martial arts masters in really Bad/Good kungfu movies.
The real thing that they'll have to clear up is ... Where the hell did brooke fall from?????

I have no idea .... really thats it ... NO IDEA!!!!!

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 01:14 AM
Great chapter! Nami kicked some bad erosalom @$$, Robin using hands to fly (for five seconds) and Brooke falling from the sky! I gotta admit, Brook falling from the sky was the most exciting part!

First off robin was awesome... 5seconds doesn't seem like much but it's 4 1/2 seconds longer than I can manage ... I've done test. Thank god I only live in a single story house. BTW ground... yeah not as soft as it looks.
Franky and robin play off each other well.
Sanji ... Penguin-mutt gets major props for being able to tell that the warthog thing is a female. Also it's weird that he seems just as perplexed about why his personality is the way it is. Like a Love-Cook trapped in a Penginmutt body.
I think the zombies are being severly overestimated ... once the mugiwara's + Brooke get thier bearings and can fight them on even terms... Expect Ownage.
I really don't know whatelse to say except ... I'm really going to wind up hating Absolom .. I really wonder what that power he uses is.. psychokenesis or just good old fashioned voodoo? I really hope we'll get some handle on the general zombies soon too. Also where are zoro, sanji ... and now luffy???
Next chapter should be a blast..... litterally and figuratively.

War
April 20, 2007, 03:34 AM
Really didn't expect to see Brook. Wonder what his motive was, jumping off that cliff.

I see Absalom's powers getting really similar to Invisible Woman of the Fantastic 4, with the invisibility and now the "force field" that blasted dogpen away. He seems really powerful, to have inflicted so much fear on the zombies. Wonder if those powers of his are psychic. :-\

Robin's "wings" really surprised me too. If she could do "wings", what else could she not do with that many hands?

War
April 20, 2007, 03:39 AM
So he jumps down the pit with all those zombie-generals down there...

Anyway, I predict that we'll see him showing his fighting-skills next chapter. :) Bet that they'll be really amazing.

Perhaps, we'll also see Luffy's zombie-form.

1nfamous
April 20, 2007, 09:08 AM
they better not have any flash backs on how bone did drop from the sky. I actually want to see boney fight and what happened to luffy =]

yakitori
April 20, 2007, 10:45 AM

haha, maybe spidermonkey is a gaint devil fruit ....

i can't wait for the next one ... it's going to be soooo great,

robin's wing !!!!!

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 20, 2007, 12:28 PM
really great!

never expected that Robin can build up wings with her ability :)

and Brooke finally appears ( I hoped that so much and now he's here again ^^)
hopefully he shows some of his abilities ... can't wait to see this ^^

BlitzRonin
April 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
So it looks like someone swapped out Zoro and Sanji's brains into these guys?

MDLatqp
April 20, 2007, 01:50 PM
No, it was the shadows. You should go reread the last couple threads and get caught up.

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 04:32 PM
Man considering how her real arms take damage just like her Grown arms. With all those arms + holding franky up ... robin must be really strong. I've gained a newfound respect for robin ... this is about the coolest thing she's done ever.

Robin~chwan Wonderful...!!

Yamazuya
April 20, 2007, 07:29 PM
Thats SOOOO not a cane. I've been calling it since I saw it, I hope we see if Im right next chapter.

I don't know what's cooler, him going Zatoichi on us or owning people left, right and center with a dull weapon. But I still think there's the slapstick escape possibility.

ANBU4U
April 21, 2007, 01:09 AM
Man considering how her real arms take damage just like her Grown arms. With all those arms + holding franky up ... robin must be really strong. I've gained a newfound respect for robin ... this is about the coolest thing she's done ever.

Robin~chwan Wonderful...!!

Seriously. Franky has to way tons, flying with him attached for even 5 seconds is amazing. Im sure she can do it longer without holding anything.

otaclub_87
April 21, 2007, 06:59 AM
coollll..the general zombie all were dOOMed...(at least robin and franky not surrounded by them anymore)...with the appearance of Brook..the team is going to deal with the spider zombie..

i think this arc battle going to split mugiwara into three groups..

nami-usopp-chopper...at perona's wonder garden, now escaping from lola
robin-franky-brook...with generals and spider monkey
luffy,sanji,zorro..delivering to gekko maybe,after got captured

interesting..the team's composition show us from the strongest one (luffy's team)..middle strong (robin's team) and "a bit weak" team (nami's team)...

yo...straw hat!! go Beat up those weird creature and go ahead fast to merman island..^^

SirhcAdrbohc
April 21, 2007, 08:00 AM
I didn't think about the strength it must've taken to lift Franky and all of those arms... hmm...

IgnorantSage
April 21, 2007, 08:48 AM
Ummm guys... anyone knows where Cerberus is right now?
I didn't notice until now that Cerberus is nowhere to be found... Maybe I just missed it but I'm too lazy to read it over again...

sahugani
April 21, 2007, 08:58 AM
Ummm guys... anyone knows where Cerberus is right now?
I didn't notice until now that Cerberus is nowhere to be found... Maybe I just missed it but I'm too lazy to read it over again...

i noticed that when i did my 448 review. i was so sad about it and here is the picture from said review. i REALLY hope he comes back. I've always refused to believe Brooke will join the crew, but Cerberus was one that i REALLY wanted to join

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1366/7a2ad2.png

as to the current chapter, i'll try to cover all the bases in my review. i've just had some issues the past couple days that kept me from getting either review done, but today will be devoted to that purpose.

i will say though that Robin's 5 second angel wings and the return of Brooke gave me a huge smile. It has been a while since we saw exactly how versatile Robin's power can be and this is by far the highlight of her ability.

IgnorantSage
April 21, 2007, 09:45 AM
*taking a moment to grieve for the loss of cerberus (though it's a bit late)*

This chapter really restored my faith in One Piece. I just felt that the previous chapters dragged, lacked excitement, and had no interesting plot even with the introduction of a Shichibukai. I was beginning to give up on this arc but Oda surprised me once again.

The things I really liked about this chapter are the following:

1. Robin can create wings! I've always thought that Robin was originally introduced as a very powerful character (she defeated Alabasta's strongest fighter Pell and she was partner to Mr. 0/Crocodile, she also disabled plenty of fighters in the Going Merry when she first infiltrated it) but we haven't seen her in a situation which actually showcases her abilities since. Now we catch a glimpse of the versatility of her DF.

2. The enemies seem to have a rift amongst themselves. The dog/sanji/penguin zombie (DSP from now on) has the ability to resist the command of their 'master' (who seems to be Moria) because of his chivalry and he turns out to be as strong as the zombie generals! Absalom also loses his command over his forces and now works alone in order to win Nami's acceptance and protect her which puts him at odds against DSP. I was also surprised at how easily Absalom knocked out DSP considering DSP's strength. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

3. Brooke is back! What more can I say?

Things are really starting to heat up now...

MNL1989
April 21, 2007, 10:20 AM
I dont think we are gonna see Brook fight maybe we are gonna Franky or Robin pull him up and maybe we will see what Pendog is in reference to Sanji and maybe some more from Jigoroh

MNL1989
April 21, 2007, 10:25 AM
I think Oda's plan is to show how well off the Strawhats are w/o (IMO) the 3 strongest ones Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji so that the others get a chance to show off their more obscure powers such as Robins flying technique I would love to see a new type of shot from Ussop and Kabuto and even more so a new Chopper tech

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 21, 2007, 11:10 AM
oh, I'm the first ^^

ok, i have said, i will never try to understand Oda and i will never predict anything...
but: i predict: (oh, so many points)
we will have much much much fun with Brook in the next chapter :hearts

yeah, Brook rules O0

Well said and I can't add anything ... BROOK :D :D :D

borhan
April 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
coollll..the general zombie all were dOOMed...(at least robin and franky not surrounded by them anymore)...with the appearance of Brook..the team is going to deal with the spider zombie..

i think this arc battle going to split mugiwara into three groups..

nami-usopp-chopper...at perona's wonder garden, now escaping from lola
robin-franky-brook...with generals and spider monkey
luffy,sanji,zorro..delivering to gekko maybe,after got captured

interesting..the team's composition show us from the strongest one (luffy's team)..middle strong (robin's team) and "a bit weak" team (nami's team)...

yo...straw hat!! go Beat up those weird creature and go ahead fast to merman island..^^
i agree wit u.but this time i think oda gonna twist the plot a little bit.maybe 'a bit weak' team is going to help other straw hats from zombying around.

Lohnt
April 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
2. The enemies seem to have a rift amongst themselves. The dog/sanji/penguin zombie (DSP from now on) has the ability to resist the command of their 'master' (who seems to be Moria) because of his chivalry and he turns out to be as strong as the zombie generals! Absalom also loses his command over his forces and now works alone in order to win Nami's acceptance and protect her which puts him at odds against DSP. I was also surprised at how easily Absalom knocked out DSP considering DSP's strength. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

He stated "what's with this body, I feel like I should be stronger" in the last chapter, so I think that it's obvious Sanji is the reason the pendog is so strong, but without Sanji's body he is handicapped to use a midget with short legs instead.
Besides we don't know what Absolom did, he may he abel to expel the "soul" of the zombies under him, and he didn't really defeat the pendog, but instead expelled Sanji's soul, and even if he did defeat him easily, you're ignoring that Sanji's body can take a lot of damage and that pendog isn't a great body.. in fact it looks like Kon from Bleach taking on an Arrancar..

borhan
April 21, 2007, 01:37 PM
either way sanji zorro n luffy gonna be the strongest zombie team n its up to chopper to help them since he is the doc in charge.

ANBU4U
April 21, 2007, 02:02 PM
He stated "what's with this body, I feel like I should be stronger" in the last chapter, so I think that it's obvious Sanji is the reason the pendog is so strong, but without Sanji's body he is handicapped to use a midget with short legs instead.
Besides we don't know what Absolom did, he may he abel to expel the "soul" of the zombies under him, and he didn't really defeat the pendog, but instead expelled Sanji's soul, and even if he did defeat him easily, you're ignoring that Sanji's body can take a lot of damage and that pendog isn't a great body.. in fact it looks like Kon from Bleach taking on an Arrancar..
Thats not quite what he said.

BlitzRonin
April 21, 2007, 03:32 PM
He just said that the body didn't feel strong enough.

So those three guys (Ryuma, Pendog and Jigoro) are the Shadows of Brooke, Sanji and Zoro...

I also can't wait to see Frankenstein (Franky) Vs Frankenstein (Mario)

venicia777
April 22, 2007, 03:53 AM
Robin- with wings of arms -- this is not something in any of my considerations. What can i say but WOW :imslow

MDLatqp
April 22, 2007, 11:50 AM
Wouldn't it be convenient if any shadows stolen from the mugiwara's were 'strong' enough that the zombie they inhabited didn't follow any orders. As in the Sanji/Zombie's case, even though he holds no particular love for Ussop, Chopper, and Nami, it's his innate chivalry that caused him to turn on his fellow zombies and (loosely) fight for the mugiwara's. I could see innate qualities in Luffy and Zoro that would cause their respective zombies to turn on their respective masters. It would once again subtly point out just how different the mugiwara's are from so many other pirate crews in the Grand Line.

MDLatqp
April 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
In keeping with my post in the discussion thread, I predict that the zombies made with the shadows of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji (already seen in his case), will turn on their superiors and, in effect, fight alongside the mugiwaras. I could see this neutralizing the majority of the zombies on the island, leaving only enough enemies for the already-seen one-versus-one-type scenario that Oda seems to be so fond of. At that point, it will simply be a matter of time and creative story-telling before the mugiwaras emerge victorious. Perhaps then Chopper's bounty will go up to something respectable?

gensou
April 23, 2007, 12:15 AM
lol i bet bone gotta do like the dance from thriller, lol, i mean he got the afro, so come on it might happen.

Dark soul within
April 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
Wouldn't it be convenient if any shadows stolen from the mugiwara's were 'strong' enough that the zombie they inhabited didn't follow any orders. As in the Sanji/Zombie's case, even though he holds no particular love for Ussop, Chopper, and Nami, it's his innate chivalry that caused him to turn on his fellow zombies and (loosely) fight for the mugiwara's. I could see innate qualities in Luffy and Zoro that would cause their respective zombies to turn on their respective masters. It would once again subtly point out just how different the mugiwara's are from so many other pirate crews in the Grand Line.

I can imagine Luffy Zombie going off and eating some meat when he's meant to be fighting and Zoro Zombie turning against the strongest sword fighter around and challenging them

Dark soul within
April 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
I'd just love to see Brooke fight! And yes him doing the thriller dance would be fantastic! :D

PaperYomiko
April 23, 2007, 10:37 PM
Wouldn't it be convenient if any shadows stolen from the mugiwara's were 'strong' enough that the zombie they inhabited didn't follow any orders.

It would once again subtly point out just how different the mugiwara's are from so many other pirate crews in the Grand Line.

That's a really good idea, MDLatqp. Maybe it will also have something to do with how they'll get their shadows back. 'Dogpen' is certainly having an inner struggle with it, and Sanji's shadow seems to be coming out on top so far.

Which reminds me that it's interesting their shadows are the 'soul', here. But I feel like this has already been discussed, so I guess I'm being redundant :D

I'm so glad Brooke is back! So maybe he'll turn out to be a fighter after all?

hamster
April 24, 2007, 07:04 AM
I think Brook isn't a sword figther even if it's clear that Ryuma got his shadow. Dogpen and Zoro zombie ( don't remeber his name ) stole tthe physical ability of the shadows owner and the personality. Ryuma got the personality of brook but since he was already ( before death ) a famous swordman i think his body remerber it or something like that.
It is said that he is a very particular Zombie by Dr Hogback.
So Maybe we will see something totaly unexpect from Oda about Brook :) ( remember how Oda is unpredictable )

bax
April 24, 2007, 10:26 AM
The RAW is out really early!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11997) guys :amuse

-

bax
April 24, 2007, 10:27 AM
The Chapter 454 is out!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11997)

After reading teh chapter, please go on tell us what you think will happened in the next chapter ^^

Predict away guys :amuse

ANBU4U
April 24, 2007, 10:49 AM
I KNEW THAT WASNT A CANE, I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANBU4U
April 24, 2007, 10:51 AM
Ok first wanna say, that I've been callin brook's Cane as a hidden sword since his introduction. And would like to give myself a well-deserved pat on the back for my first (and probably last) correct long-term One Piece prediction.

That said, that was fuckin sweeeeeeeet. Great chapter.

Im not Sure WHO fights Ryuuma anymore.... I mean u'd think Brook would wanna fight the guy copying his skills. Buuuuuut, GM is the guy who took his shadow in the first place, so I guess he'll fight him....fail, and Luffy will help.

I also imagine that oda will use this arc..as KINDA a way for us to judge the strawhats against each other (help settle the constant debates...but not really, u know oda)...about how they match up. Either the SH zombie copies will end up fighting each other, or they will end up fighting a member of the crew that are NOT their original...shadow source. U get what im saying.

Two swordsmen on the ship now????? Even I didnt quite believe it when I called it. What a great arc.

I wonder how he and Zorro will coexist...

EDIT

Also it seems as though we'll finally get a long explanation (likely complete with maps) of Thriller Bark next chapter.

big_p
April 24, 2007, 10:58 AM
Franky with Super Big A$$ Nunchaku = Bad FKN A$$

ANBU4U
April 24, 2007, 11:05 AM

Man that guy was on point wasnt he?

....sorry...I couldnt help it...I tried not to really.

FrAnKy - The Cyborg
April 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
The Colored Image Is WONDERFUL! *_* And Franky Is...SUPERRRR!!!

ANBU4U
April 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
The Colored Image Is WONDERFUL! *_* And Franky Is...SUPERRRR!!!

Agreed dear friend...agreed. That was another great color double page from Oda....

What happened to the spacey's this chapter btw? I know the mini-arc isnt over.

hamster
April 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
Brook's Powaaaaaaaaaa nothing more to say

Ginny-N
April 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
Super Early Raw! Super! :P

I wanna know how they finish inside the Big Teddy Bear.

I can't understand anything and is a great chapter anyway

I wanna saw Zoro's face when he knows Brook is a great swordman :P

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 24, 2007, 11:57 AM
Awesome this early RAW!

Why isn't it like this every week?!

And I agree: this color page is great! One of Oda's best!!!

Raijatsu
April 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
wow Brooke is so strong he's the legendary swordsman right? a quick draw style.... a nice addition to the strawhats ^^
the shadow theorie is pretty obvious now

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
But somehow I think because Brookis a swordsman he will not join the Mugiwaras ... with no doubt: he will help the Mugiwaras fighting with the zombies ... but I don't think they'll get a 2nd swordsman .... though .... if so, Zoro would get a nice sparring partner :D

cravenight
April 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
Well, he did say that he was a musician when they first met, so he can take that role, even if he is a great swordsman.

Yamazuya
April 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
Man that guy was on point wasnt he?

....sorry...I couldnt help it...I tried not to really.

Hey I was with you on that, remember? Just didn't wanna rely on it too much.

But DAMN Oda! I so love you for doing this! I KNEW Brook had it in him, this is beyond badass.

[/fanboy mode]

.access timeco.
April 24, 2007, 04:41 PM
Since Ryuuma, I was afraid of Brook being a swordsman (actually, since the Pin-Dog kicking) u__u

so, he is... and I don't like 'cause I really doubt we'll have 2 swordsman on the crew (everyone there have very unique abilities). Starting to think Brook will not become a Mugiwara :(

Raijatsu
April 24, 2007, 04:56 PM
he's a swordman but his style is totally different from Zorro
a pirate crew can have several swordsmen plus Zirro joined because he's one
Brooke (the bone crooke ^^) would join because he's a musician and Luffy wants him
he would not join if Oda would decide not to

we can't decide because of their abilitys
anyway I hope he'll have some great fight against Ryuma that lame copy
it was a nice idea letting Brooke use the same move but this time he used the sharp
edge of his sword so we could se the destructive power

Mike98
April 24, 2007, 06:17 PM
my intrest in One Piece was faltering a little, and then I read this chapter...and wow is it back up

cravenight
April 24, 2007, 06:50 PM
Also, when it comes to crew member, luffy doesn't tend to change his mind, when someone he wants to be on his crew, that person joins the crew. i doubt luffy would change his mind on brooke, since he is a funny skeleton.

Lohnt
April 24, 2007, 08:11 PM
Please don't start this "2 swordsman" crap..

Go watch ANY Pirate movie/book/manga WHATEVER
You can have two swordsman, even if one of them is Zorro (notice 2 r's)

Go watch Pirates of the Carribean, Will is supposed to be the incredible swordsman that trained and became superamazingzomgwtfbbq. But Jack can still defeat him, because Jack is quite frankly insane and fights dirty/withguns/and bombs.

This is how I think a Mihawk/Shanks debate SHOULD go as well, Shanks doesn't strike me as a pure swordsman, I think he would be an insane fighter that uses a sword (like Franky uses boxing/shooting/nunchucks) whereas Mihawk would be a straight swordsman that is just incredible like Will Turner.
Enough shamless plugging *coughgowatchPOTC3cough*.. what subliminal messages?

gensou
April 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
i htink i know what the shadow are, they are like clone of the real person, kind of like a second soul, in which were put inside something.

Tailsnake
April 24, 2007, 08:25 PM
looks like there are a total of 899 zombies on the island/ship. I can't wait to see Brooke vs That other zombie.

alexwcwarrior
April 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
Even though i like Brook I dont think Oda would put two swordsmen in the one piece crew. I do believe someone is going to join the crew but not brook. the theory there can be 2 swordsmen because the styles are diffrent is also preposterous because Zoro is the only swordsmen seen practicing santoryou meaning every sword user in onepiece could have joined the crew.

Next chapter I believe brook will explain everything he knows to Robin and Nami will find Zorro and Sanji's bodys because if Brook is alive so are Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy.

PaperYomiko
April 24, 2007, 09:08 PM
I don't think Brooke being a swordsman means that he will not become a Mugiwara. I don't see why there can't be two swordsmen on the ship. Now, if he were to say, 'my dream is to be the best swordsman in the world', then things might start to get a bit lame. But I think his main thing will be the music, using his sword only when he really needs too. Kinda reminds me of Urahara in that way, and of course with the cane.

I'm beginning to think Nami, Usopp, and Chopper might become the heroes of this arc. They're the only ones so far who've been wily enough to evade the zombies. Why shouldn't the cowards get to save the day once in a while :XD

ANBU4U
April 24, 2007, 11:07 PM
I think Brook isn't a sword figther even if it's clear that Ryuma got his shadow. Dogpen and Zoro zombie ( don't remeber his name ) stole tthe physical ability of the shadows owner and the personality. Ryuma got the personality of brook but since he was already ( before death ) a famous swordman i think his body remerber it or something like that.
It is said that he is a very particular Zombie by Dr Hogback.
So Maybe we will see something totaly unexpect from Oda about Brook :) ( remember how Oda is unpredictable )

But then where did Brooks sword skills come from?