PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 46 (ch441-449) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hermie
December 28, 2006, 04:21 AM
The lastest chapter of One Piece is now out. Go here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13399.0) to find everything that you need.

:amuse

venicia777
December 28, 2006, 04:58 AM
Fire against Darkness-- i dont know- but with the way Oda has been portraying BB up till now-- I predict BB wins or survives.

DOes Ace survive too?

bakashijinsan
December 28, 2006, 06:00 AM
That goes to say on how the Darkness works in the world of One Piece. If it works the way a Black hole works, then Ace is in deep ***t.

I can see a fierce battle here with Blackbeard as the winner and Ace, in a very critical condition. No Strawhats as of the moment I believe. Just pure action between two powerful pirates in the world!

Yowzaa!~

venicia777
December 28, 2006, 06:06 AM
That goes to say on how the Darkness works in the world of One Piece. If it works the way a Black hole works, then Ace is in deep ***t.

I can see a fierce battle here with Blackbeard as the winner and Ace, in a very critical condition. No Strawhats as of the moment I believe. Just pure action between two powerful pirates in the world!

Yowzaa!~

that is a good point.

But then the question is does the concept of a blackhole(gravity related) relate to darkness (light/luminescence related- absence of it)?

bakashijinsan
December 28, 2006, 06:27 AM
the very reason why the Blackhole is called THE BLACKHOLE is primarily because of its ability to absorb anything even light. With light being absorbed it would certainly mean than an abscence of it is present (sorry of the paradox statement).

I think scientists back then name tha Blackhole as such since no light is present and it absorbs the light.
This also relates to the scientific fact regarding prismatic colors. Since the color black is like a combination of all colors (not so sure about this) it tends to absorb all of the other colors into it (i'm sure of this). Unlike in a colored red car or shirt, the wavelength of the color red is reflected back into our eyes thus giving it the color red. Same goes with other colors save black. I dunno about white. Will research further.

So if this is what is Oda is considering, BB is truly one heck of a BAD A-S-S!

Sarmad
December 28, 2006, 06:29 AM
>.> guessing about Blackbeards abilities is meaningless at the moment! It could be anything!

The thing that concerns me the most is, how Ace is going to survive this! I really hope he survives, he's too young to die yet :smile-big
I guess Shanks will help him out, but i'd like to see some new character coming to his rescue at this point..anyhow, i want him to live Oo

bakashijinsan
December 28, 2006, 06:41 AM
The main reason why Blackbeard's power is being discussed is to see or predict the outcome of the battle between Ace and BB.

About Shanks, being there, I think the time when Shanks visited WB, SH departure from Water7 and Ace's encounter with Blackbeard and his crew occured simultaneously. If not simultaneously, it occured with very small time gaps. That's how I see it. So being that, for me it would seem impossible for Shanks to save Ace unless he ate a Space Space no mi and traveled across great distances.
*this is granted that my timeline is correct*

venicia777
December 28, 2006, 06:43 AM
the very reason why the Blackhole is called THE BLACKHOLE is primarily because of its ability to absorb anything even light. With light being absorbed it would certainly mean than an abscence of it is present (sorry of the paradox statement).

I think scientists back then name tha Blackhole as such since no light is present and it absorbs the light.
This also relates to the scientific fact regarding prismatic colors. Since the color black is like a combination of all colors (not so sure about this) it tends to absorb all of the other colors into it (i'm sure of this). Unlike in a colored red car or shirt, the wavelength of the color red is reflected back into our eyes thus giving it the color red. Same goes with other colors save black. I dunno about white. Will research further.

Those were the days i studied these things in school. I like those who theorize and back up their points with real life facts. Thanks for the extensive reminder but like someone says below, in a manga such as OP

>.> guessing about Blackbeards abilities is meaningless at the moment! It could be anything!

it could be anything. Although that in of itself also agrees that it could be your version.

if it is your version-- then what kind of abilities can he absorb or render useless or ineffective?

bakashijinsan
December 28, 2006, 06:50 AM
if it is your version-- then what kind of abilities can he absorb or render useless or ineffective?

if it were my version, probably Blackbeard may be able to absorb anything owing to the nature of a Blackhole. This is the only thing that can be threatening so far with darkness as far as I can see it. I mean if he can only make it dark and that's it, go to hell Fat-hairy-man! Luffy can beat you!

Other things that may be considered as effect of darkness:

-inflict fear and coldness with his touch
-blind you
-shadow bind (Shikimaru reincarnation)

what else.... *tap* *tap* *tap*

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 28, 2006, 07:24 AM
Don't think we see the fight in the next chapter because we know some things which are important of those two pirates by reading this chapter:
BB is a logia
Ace wanna fight him --> but his attacks don't work against BB's darkness

so we can see (without even knowing it precisely) that Ace gonna lose.
Therefore I think we'll see next chapter the mugiwaras again talking about this triangle ...

just a guess ;)

venicia777
December 28, 2006, 07:30 AM
BB is a logia
Ace wanna fight him --> but his attacks don't work against BB's darkness

We saw BB burn- didnt we? But he didnt get killed. so can we absolutely say that Ace cant hurt BB?

Hermie
December 28, 2006, 09:36 AM
Just a little color theory for you all:

When we normally mix colors, we do it in two different ways.

-Using light (additive)

-using paint (selective)

When we use light, we are usually either talking about something physically filtering the light (like a color filter on a spotlight, or a colored lightbuld), or the more common, creating light digitally. Darkness is then the absense of light (which is why your monitor is black, not white when you turn it off), and when you mix all the colors together, you get white (hence the term additive, the more colors you add, the closer to white you get).

When painting, we usually start on a white canvas, where all the light is reflected. By adding a layer of, f. ex. red, you stop all the color in the light but red from reflecting off the canvas. When you add all the colors, you get black (selective: selecting all colors but one away from the white).

Since Blackbeard said "Darkness" and not "blackness", I think he's generally more about the absence of light. Sucks to be Ace then, since fire is a natural source of light.... <.<

Seiken
December 28, 2006, 09:44 AM
Heh, sucks to be Ace alright. Still, I wonder how a battle with BB and Luffy would be like, taking BBs dark power in consideration.

But thats off-topic...

venicia777
December 28, 2006, 10:22 AM

Since Blackbeard said "Darkness" and not "blackness", I think he's generally more about the absence of light. Sucks to be Ace then, since fire is a natural source of light.... <.<

yup!!! this is one of the reasons why i asked about the relation b.n blackholes and darkness ergo BB's ability.

For those who are bleach fans we have seen an ability similar to BB's darkness. Remember the bankai of the blind captain? (wont say more)

if we get a similar i wonder how that will play out. as at now-- oda could go many ways so any reasonable theory probably goes.

Semizero
December 28, 2006, 12:14 PM
could it possibly be some sort of vaccuum?
fire would never be able to survive with no air like in a vaccuum.

wankel
December 28, 2006, 12:29 PM
Someone will have the ability of light later on :D

OP_overlord
December 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
it sould be like croc power where if it goes into the blackhole which is BB then he could:
absorbs the power to make him self stronger
be kinda like shikimaru and he can catch you in teh shadows and move thought out them
be like a dementor ad suck the life/light out of you

and sadly BB will win this fiht cause Ace cant do anything with his fire power (no not wmd's) and ace will surviv cause Oda doesnt kill off ppl if they dont try hard to come back later and become stronger then Oda just uses them for their opinions on the events that happened concerning teh SH kinda like Buggy.

if there is a darkness DF does that mean that is natural enemy is a Light DF (wankel you stole my idea and all because i typed more than you but it is good to see that great minds think alike)

Ginny-N
December 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
Now yes! Next chapter, Ussop gardening! :P

venicia777
December 28, 2006, 08:07 PM
Now yes! Next chapter, Ussop gardening! :P

thats hilarious!! it could happen though. I am more in tune with ODA continuing the fight b.n Ace and BB.

Ginny-N
December 28, 2006, 08:37 PM
thats hilarious!! it could happen though. I am more in tune with ODA continuing the fight b.n Ace and BB.

Me too. But, we was making the idea of know nothing about Blackbeard vs Ace fight, and appears. Now, when we wants more about it, we'll be back to the Strawhats. I love Oda sense of suspence and sense of perpective ^^!

mugen
December 28, 2006, 08:49 PM
well since we saw Ace and Blackbeard this week
we'll see Shanks again soon.....
I hope
And we will see Ace kick Blackbeard's ass :jbya

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 12:05 AM
i hope so but idk about it it is going to be a good fight
has everyong forgotten about the shanks WB clash Oda will revist that for a while and then go to teh Sh and hopefully tell us more about teh new ship and it kool new gadgets and then chapter after next (442) go and talk about the ace BB fight

Semizero
December 29, 2006, 01:31 AM
hopefully it'll show the BB vs ace fight then show forward 3 days showing BB meeting up with the SH crew on the sea.

mugen
December 29, 2006, 02:00 AM
hopefully it'll show the BB vs ace fight then show forward 3 days showing BB meeting up with the SH crew on the sea.

I don't think BB would take 3 days to get to Water 7....

1nfamous
December 29, 2006, 02:42 AM
thats kinda weird tho, some reason i knew something was gonna happen between the fams of SH. Shows everybody and their reactions =]

Efreet
December 29, 2006, 04:32 AM
i doubt we will see anymore of Ace, Blackbeard, Shanks or Whitebeard anytime soon.. maybe in Chapter 448...

for 441, i think Franky will explain the Soldier Dock System while confronting ? Sea Kings?

Lohnt
December 29, 2006, 04:46 AM
My prediction for ch 441 is that instead of Ace and BB's fight, we instead find out what happened between Shanks and Whitebeard.

mars0103
December 29, 2006, 05:23 AM
hey has anyone watched the neverending story blackbeard is the power behind the darkness that means luffy is serbastion :)

really i think ace will have his tail behind his legs bearly

Absolutio
December 29, 2006, 07:19 AM

The color "black" is actually "no-color" situation, when the mass absorbs all the light and doesnt reflect it back. White is the combination of all the colors..

For my prediction: BlackBeard's gonna kick ass, Ace in trouble, perhaps even losing :o
Maybe we won't see the end of the battle and we'll get a view of the Straw Hats..

bakashijinsan
December 29, 2006, 07:31 AM
The color "black" is actually "no-color" situation, when the mass absorbs all the light and doesnt reflect it back. White is the combination of all the colors..

Thanks for the correction. Thanks also to Hermie! :thumbs

but the fact still remains that Black/Darkness absorbs all light.

mugen
December 29, 2006, 07:33 AM
black/darkness absorbs all light?
I thought light/white was the opposite of black/darkness

John M.D.
December 29, 2006, 07:42 AM
how would luffy defeat BB then if he's just using gomugomu paramecia fruit? Maybe there's a fruit somewhere called LightLight no mi :p or maybe shanks will defeat BlackBeard somewhere in the near future :tem...[br]Posted on: December 29, 2006, 07:41:48 AM_________________________________________________

black/darkness absorbs all light?
I thought light/white was the opposite of black/darkness

blacks absorbs light, darkness the absence of light.

mugen
December 29, 2006, 07:45 AM
how would luffy defeat BB then if he's just using gomugomu paramecia fruit? Maybe there's a fruit somewhere called LightLight no mi :p or maybe shanks will defeat BlackBeard somewhere in the near future :tem...[br]Posted on: December 29, 2006, 07:41:48 AM_________________________________________________
blacks absorbs light, darkness the absence of light.

So
He's Luffy, damn it!!!!
you must not read One Piece a lot....
Luffy'll find a way
btw what makes you think that Luffy will fight Blackbeard after seeing how Ace easily defeated Blackbeards crew :notrust
I doub they'll have anything new not to mention that just ruined their image :amuse

John M.D.
December 29, 2006, 07:48 AM
yahahahahah! :amuse sorry :p You're right.. HE'S LUFFY! I've realized that he's the one who defeated the God like Devil fruit (huh? Devil and God :tem) of Eneru!

ReAl0sT
December 29, 2006, 09:29 AM
Darkness seems like an UBER element, especially as a logia. But it's gotta have a weakness. Ace might be able to beat it (since fire can emit light) but I doubt it for some reason. So if he doesn't beat BB then obviously Luffy will. And the way for Luffy to be him would be if he had a weakness. Maybe they fight until it gets really dark (at night, like 12 midnight-6AM) where darkness would be the strongest, the fight goes on until sunrise, then the darkness power weakens, and Luffy seizes the moment and blasts him or something. Just a weird crazy thought.

JoJoJO
December 29, 2006, 09:56 AM
Well my prediction his that the fight with Ace and Blackbeard his going to cover half the magna and the other half cover the Straw Hat destination.

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 06:24 PM
refii, Efreet:

i have said those to things before Oda will revist the ace BB fight later and he will talk about the WB shanks thing and if there is really going to be a war between teh emperors and then we will see the ships new stuff and what makes it so strong.

Mugen:

how would BB get to water 7 he is not on the same grandline island path his log pose will not point him to water 7 but to teh next island on his path unless he has an eternal pose hidden someplace...?
that is why BB and luffy wont meet until the end when they are both near raftel

mugen
December 29, 2006, 09:44 PM
Mugen:

how would BB get to water 7 he is not on the same grandline island path his log pose will not point him to water 7 but to teh next island on his path unless he has an eternal pose hidden someplace...?
that is why BB and luffy wont meet until the end when they are both near raftel

I don't know maybe cuz BB said he was close to Water 7...that's why.
And cuz he BB said himself he was going to get Luffy :noworry
anyways I suppose he'll forget about Luffy now that he's fighting Ace

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
yeah this fight might take up some of his thoughts haha
but even if he wanted to get to water 7 he couldnt he has no idea which way it is the log pose would not point to water 7 but a different island

mugen
December 29, 2006, 09:55 PM
If BB said he was close to Water 7
it can be pressumed the next island was going to be Water 7

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 10:31 PM
maybe but luffy would have had to go through the same island as BB cause of teh island paths

mugen
December 29, 2006, 10:45 PM
maybe but luffy would have had to go through the same island as BB cause of teh island paths

yeah If Blackbeard is still there but then that would mean that Luffy will get to see the result kinda immediately

Ginny-N
December 29, 2006, 11:05 PM
yeah If Blackbeard is still there but then that would mean that Luffy will get to see the result kinda immediately

I'm sure the fight againts Ace will be no easy for Blackbeard anyway! Maybe he will win, but he will be really tired afer that. So, he will have the thing of chasing Luffy for another day. Luffy ussually sleeps for 3 days behind a big fight, why Blackbeard doesn't?

mugen
December 29, 2006, 11:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that Shanks will appear next chapter

Anti-panda
December 29, 2006, 11:51 PM
Well if BB power is darkness then it is possible that intense sources of light can hurt him when he's in his darkness state. Pierce the darkness and dispel it with light kind of thing. Point is no one in any form of literature or Fan made creation of any book, manga, or comic I have ever read is completely untouchable. Then might be 99% invincible but never 100%. Point is BB Logia must have a weakness. Or at least he does.
Ace will not win he'll be beaten by bb but he will survive. less worse for the wear of it all.
I predict BB will be built up and it'll be a mad race and competiotion / Fight towards the end of the Grand line between BB pirates and mugiwara pirates for the end at raftel and the treasure of One Piece.
So we wont see any Luffy on BB action for a while! It doesn't seem like Luffy is able to take on anyone of BB caliber yet. Even Blackbeard talks like ... "Let me just go capture this guy and hand him over to the world govt." like he's going out for groceries or doing something else thats easy.

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 12:57 AM
Ace will definitely not win...

i don't know whether or not Blackbeard will spare but something's kinda strange..

BB wants to get Luffy to claim the bounty and fame
He knows he can beat Ace but how come he doesn't want to hunt Ace down?
Ace is the third in command of the Wb pirates and should have a decent bounty..

does this mean Luffy has a higher that Ace? :darn

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 01:01 AM
idk way be he doesnt wanna go near WB yet but luffy could be stronger now i.e. have a higher bounty

i still like that we will leave the ace BB fight and talk about one of these things

teh next island (the bramuda triangle thing)
zoros new sword
shanks and WB clash
the new ship ( a real tour of it)

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 01:15 AM
Shanks and WHitebeard's clash would be a great battle, but i think Whitebeard's ship is history, with all that impact

wankel
December 30, 2006, 03:24 AM
Once BB beats Ace he will take him as a hostage. BB then sends one of his subordinate to meet with the strawhat crew informing that of Ace's defeat. This forces Luffy to make a sidetrip to save his fallen brother.

sl^sh3r
December 30, 2006, 03:38 AM
Ace will win!
(Ace pwns all!)

akan
December 30, 2006, 07:12 AM
Think that Blackbeard's gonna win. see the scars he gave shanks without a devilfruit :( with a power like darkness ( which looks way more creepy then the blind guy's bankai in bleach) he will beat Ace. But i guese there's gonna be someone with the power of light later on who's gonna beat him ( maby something like the guy in 666 satan?)

can't wait until the next fight :D

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 07:49 AM
Think that Blackbeard's gonna win. see the scars he gave shanks without a devilfruit :( with a power like darkness ( which looks way more creepy then the blind guy's bankai in bleach) he will beat Ace. But i guese there's gonna be someone with the power of light later on who's gonna beat him ( maby something like the guy in 666 satan?)

can't wait until the next fight :D

yeah should be intense

Dark Zeza
December 30, 2006, 09:58 AM
IMO Ace will lose but would not die. Later on the mad scientist might have some research in eating 2 devil fruit and Luffy can eat light fruit. Black beard and crew will be the final boss then.

Koen
December 30, 2006, 01:38 PM
I think ace and BB will not fight to their limits. why? simply because someone will come in between them

Darkheart608608
December 30, 2006, 02:26 PM
Ace won't lose so easily. He is strong and train by the same master as LUFFY. In addition, he beat LUFFY even without the DF, so we have no doubt of his fighting style or the will to survive. BB may be strong with the darkness and all, but darkness can't hurt people by itself;therefore, if BB want to land a solid hit on ACE, he has to turn back to solid human body, and give ACE a change to strike. If I was ACE in this fight, there are two things that I would do. First, to turn all my body to flame but still keep it as human shape because: (1) BB can land a solid hit on me as long as i am a flame unless he got a sea stone which is unlikely because it will hurt him too. (2) flame can hurt BB when he is in solid human form (burn) without the need of physical hit. (3) flame give off light and light alway conquer all darkness, thus I can see and detect any weapon from BB which may have the see stone on the tip of the blade (4) keep it in human shape will create the element of surprise to strike at BB. The Second thing that i would do, I will wait for BB to attack to look for an open and strike back instantly, instead of running around and attack BB first, because it may give BB an open to strike. This battle may end in one strike, and if i was ACE, I would try to do just that, end the battle in one strike, the longer the battle, the more dangerous it will get. If ACE can do this, he would win for sure.

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 03:24 PM
how would teh light fruit work if it just blinds ppl then luffy can to with out it we haveto see how strong this drakness fruit is then will see who wins and with darkhearts logic it could go either way

mrhazuki
December 31, 2006, 08:25 AM
Many here have thoughts about the blackhole, but what bothers me is this. Shanks scar. It is definitly made by some claw thing, and it's done by BB. Can BB use something like "Dark Claw" or "Dark Sharp Fingernails"?

Smoker is has eaten the smoke fruit, and the natural way to kill with smoke is to suffocate. But Smoker uses the smoke to... punch... Totally unnatural. That's why I think that BB must have some physical attack, with claws.

Oda has shown us BB's fruit, and we want more of that fight. Only because he can - the next chapter will not have Blackbeard in it at all. I think it will first have Shanks in the spotlight and the rest with SH.

sushi
December 31, 2006, 09:12 AM
black holes already been taken what?!

ace may win since fire lighten darkness

hopefully this chapter broke the fight between ace n bb
just waiting n i'm getting more frustrated since my school is gonna start in few days

Ginny-N
December 31, 2006, 10:20 AM
Many here have thoughts about the blackhole, but what bothers me is this. Shanks scar. It is definitly made by some claw thing, and it's done by BB. Can BB use something like "Dark Claw" or "Dark Sharp Fingernails"?

How many times I have to say that Shanks scar was made by Blackbeard before he gets his DF Power???

mugen
December 31, 2006, 10:24 AM
How many times I have to say that Shanks scar was made by Blackbeard before he gets his DF Power???

look shanks is strong enough to go at Whitebeard
if Blackbeard was strong enough he would've done it a long time ago :noworry
and Shanks doesn't have his arm so imagine what Shanks could be capable with his other arm
So that scar is'nt that big cuz Shanks must've been 15 years old

mars0103
December 31, 2006, 10:53 AM
i would like to see the looks on shanks face when he founds out who luffys relations are

otaclub_87
December 31, 2006, 11:28 AM
i think next chapter we will not see ace again...the story go back to strawhat again...(maybe)

caco
December 31, 2006, 12:22 PM
i think next chapter we will not see ace again...the story go back to strawhat again...(maybe)

I totally agree, Oda can´t reveal the real power of BB

OP_overlord
December 31, 2006, 12:25 PM
yeah but he had both his arms i liked the theory that BB ambushed shanks and it was pure luck

bax
December 31, 2006, 12:46 PM
My prediction

The chapter should starts with Ace vs BB. An even fight but slightly on BB's favor. And at one point of the battle, BB gained the total upperhand and Ace is in predicaments. The battle is put on cliffhanger.

Scene changes to SH crew, where they are nearing the "entrance" to the Merman Island and having problems there. Maybe a new pirate group or Merman guards.

GreeN Beast of Konoha
December 31, 2006, 02:15 PM
Once BB beats Ace he will take him as a hostage. BB then sends one of his subordinate to meet with the strawhat crew informing that of Ace's defeat. This forces Luffy to make a sidetrip to save his fallen brother.

Ace is luffys Cousin probably because in Japan they say to cousin big/lil bro/sis and hinata says to neji also nii-san ( big brother)!!

Ian
December 31, 2006, 03:09 PM
I am kind of disappointed by BB's new power. I mean, I thought it would be something better.

In anycase, next chapter should shed some light on where the Mugiwara crew lands and the beginning of their next adventure and/or it should touch on the World Government and their response to two of the Yonkou meeting.

Darkheart608608
December 31, 2006, 04:56 PM
sometime, simple power is easily over look, but at the same time it is near invinsible. For example, the power of Gravity, most of people don't even give any attention to it because it is so common. Most of people would over look it and choose power of fire, or of water, of lighting, of ice, of wind, etc... rather the power of gravity. However in reality, those people, who chose the power of Gravity, are near damn invinsible. The power of fire, the power of water, the power of ice, the power of wind, are no where near the power of Gravity.

Same thing, the power of darkness seem to be simple. However, if we same sometime to think i am sure it will become an awsome power.

PS: for those who said the power of light is weak and only use to blind the enermy, think again. I will give some hint, Death ray, super speed, super strength, fly, if you clever enough, you can control the weather too.

blazingsora
December 31, 2006, 07:50 PM
i cant wait to see wat happens ace versus blakbeard scar fire vs dark XD

mugen
January 01, 2007, 01:29 AM
i cant wait to see wat happens ace versus blakbeard scar fire vs dark XD

me neither...
ace what's up?

knightofNI
January 01, 2007, 04:10 AM
I think if we're lucky, we'll have more of the ace vs bb fight but i think sometime in the chapter, either in the middle or the end, it'll go back to the straw hat pirates.

darran11
January 01, 2007, 08:09 AM
yo tis is my first post just wanted to say hi !! ( reason too lazy to type ) :D

between ace and bb ...bb kinda wil hav da upper hand (oda s fav char (correct me if im rong ) so kinda obvious ) but i hav a feelin someone wil interfere ..

secondly the thing bet wb and shanks which i hope wil be shown in da next chap ... well they only just clashed swords so no one noes how strong shanks is ..i mean to say u cant say hes equal to wb(hes not da strongest man for nothin) shanks shd be on da same lvl but not equal ..we dont even no if they are actually fightin it may somethin else ...

also da rate at which a person gets stronger is different .. so shanks may still be stronger(4 emperors and all)...but after da bb df was revealed im kinda 50 -50

thirdly ppl r sayin if bb can hav ace y is he goin after luffy ..well maybe just maybe ok ..see ace is one of wb main ppl (atleast i hope so ) . bb wants to become a shichibukai so if he goes to da wg sayin i kicked aces ass so make me one now ..they will prolly go like wtf u stupid dumbass ace is imp to wb (maybe cause of da D) and hes really pissed now.. da hole 4emperors .wg and schibukai balance is gonna get fu**ed now :P

P.S sry for all da brackets ..hehehe

zutto06
January 01, 2007, 02:25 PM
Maybe.. Franky new creation "Franky Vacuum" made by Seastones, specially designed for devil fruit combat =p

yo tis is my first post just wanted to say hi !! ( reason too lazy to type ) D

between ace and bb ...bb kinda wil hav da upper hand (oda s fav char (correct me if im rong ) so kinda obvious ) but i hav a feelin someone wil interfere ..

secondly the thing bet wb and shanks which i hope wil be shown in da next chap ... well they only just clashed swords so no one noes how strong shanks is ..i mean to say u cant say hes equal to wb(hes not da strongest man for nothin) shanks shd be on da same lvl but not equal ..we dont even no if they are actually fightin it may somethin else ...

also da rate at which a person gets stronger is different .. so shanks may still be stronger(4 emperors and all)...but after da bb df was revealed im kinda 50 -50

thirdly ppl r sayin if bb can hav ace y is he goin after luffy ..well maybe just maybe ok ..see ace is one of wb main ppl (atleast i hope so ) . bb wants to become a shichibukai so if he goes to da wg sayin i kicked aces ass so make me one now ..they will prolly go like wtf u stupid dumbass ace is imp to wb (maybe cause of da D) and hes really pissed now.. da hole 4emperors .wg and schibukai balance is gonna get fu**ed now :P

P.S sry for all da brackets ..hehehe

Hell, too lazy to type my ass.. Look at it.. missing a letter on lots of word.. whats so hard about filling up those missing letters?

[modify] for post below, Yeah the whole thing is readable, just missing 1 character is really anoying.. some word can be changed so much. Last paragraph is indeed the easiest to read. and the style is well known =p

OP_overlord
January 01, 2007, 08:02 PM
it was not that hard to read just teh last paragraph

Koen
January 02, 2007, 06:14 AM
Hey guys, a fight between ace and BB would not reveal all the powers of BB. BB can have more powers then we think, he might have something too like that gear stuff. So I wanna see ace vs BB

jinsomnia
January 03, 2007, 07:14 AM
well. honestly, what i would like to know is what exactly is the power of Dragon? kinda weird.

borhan
January 03, 2007, 01:14 PM
ace gonna win but right before he want to end bb,their crew come to help and got escape.there is no way fire can lose against dark(i think it might be some kind of blindness).after that this short fight bb will continue rising their bounty by battlimg against luffy[br]Posted on: January 03, 2007, 01:10:29 PM_________________________________________________

well. honestly, what i would like to know is what exactly is the power of Dragon? kinda weird.
it must be wind

Anti-panda
January 03, 2007, 04:58 PM
I think luffy needs a rival ... not a enemy ... but not a friend .. someone who can fight evenly with him but not win or loose against him. Like shanks had mihawk, Gol D. Roger had Whitebeard. I hope and pray that blackbeard and his crew will grow and have conflicts with the mugiwara's until the very end and then it'll be a race/fight to the finish to see who'll get one piece. And even then it's not truly over luffy is the pirate king and blackbeard is kinda like whitebeard is now a force to be reconed with but not the pirate king. Plus let me say in order to do this the bb pirates will need a few more members.

Red-Haired Shanks
January 04, 2007, 08:01 AM
yo tis is my first post just wanted to say hi !! ( reason too lazy to type ) :D

Oda's fav. char is not BB, its Buggy the Clown. He said that in a interview in One Piece Blue.

furball44
January 04, 2007, 08:50 AM
BB will beat Ace and realize that's enough to make him a sichibukai and stop hunting for luffy instead now luffy will be hunting for any possible news of BB to revenge. in teh future Franky and Ussop combination will defeat BB: seastone punch!! seastone star!! :noworry

otaclub_87
January 04, 2007, 09:25 AM
so when will the next jump out???

Ardus
January 04, 2007, 01:56 PM
Shanks, being Luffy's idol, can do no wrong, and if he went through such lengths just to get Whitebeard to stop Ace, we can be sure no good will come out of this fight. Maybe the combination of Fire and Darkness will cause mass destruction, either that or Blackbeard will prevail and either keep Ace as a prisoner or cash him in for his bounty and the fame that would come with it. I don't think we have to worry about Ace dying, as main characters in One Piece do not die. I mean even Crocodile who masterminded a Civil War is still alive. Besides, Ace is to popular for Oda to make him disappear forever.

My crazy theory is that maybe darkness simply corrupts the heart of the person it's used on, and Ace will join BB's crew. But if that were true, BB would probably have a much larger crew.

GreeN Beast of Konoha
January 04, 2007, 04:12 PM

hey probably dragon had a dragon devil fruit! he can be a dragon or somthing like that?!

Debu
January 04, 2007, 05:59 PM
I haven't been keeping up with the OP prediction threads much, so pardon if there's a lot of repeat here..

The BB-Ace fight happened a few days prior to the strawhats taking off and evading Garp, so we know that, for whatever reason, BB is not going after them. Either Ace (or someone) beat him, made him decide to not go after him, the fight is still ongoing (!! unlikely), or BB picked up word of where they were heading and decided to cut them off at the pass, away from Garp and Galley-la to potentially make the fight more difficult.

Here's my prediction.

BB kicks Ace's butt easily, but decides not to kill him and instead use him as leverage to capturing Luffy or (better yet) to convince Luffy to fight him and not just run away. BB is being set up to be the big villain, and I would be disappointed if he were so easily detracted from his current goal of capturing Luffy.

So, we see BB's crew show up at Water 7, notice all the military there, and then decide to lay low and follow the strawhats. A fight between BB and Garp would be a great one to see, but I'm not holding my breath.

jinsomnia
January 04, 2007, 07:30 PM
hey probably dragon had a dragon devil fruit! he can be a dragon or somthing like that?!

yeah. we'd seen animal type of devil fruit. what if he ate the dragon dragon no mi? or half dragon? man it will be crazy i tell u.............

Ginny-N
January 04, 2007, 08:09 PM
yeah. we'd seen animal type of devil fruit. what if he ate the dragon dragon no mi? or half dragon? man it will be crazy i tell u.............

Yeah, Dragon Dragon Fruit Model Blue. In D&D at least, the Blue Dragons are the Thunder Dragons, so, maybe that have a bit of sense...

nah...

jinsomnia
January 04, 2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Dragon Dragon Fruit Model Blue. In D&D at least, the Blue Dragons are the Thunder Dragons, so, maybe that have a bit of sense...

nah...

no.....! that makes perfect sense. remember when they tried to kill luffy in lougetown? he was saved by a lightning. maybe it is no coincidence at all. - dragon saves luffy's ass!

just a prediction

OP_overlord
January 04, 2007, 11:45 PM
i think that its time for dragon to save Aces ass since he saved luffy before (daddy's job and all) and then he will take ace with him to luffy

jinsomnia
January 05, 2007, 12:12 AM
i think that its time for dragon to save Aces ass since he saved luffy before (daddy's job and all) and then he will take ace with him to luffy

maybe, but the fight was 3 days ago right? don't think so. maybe dragon will help if BB tries to send Ace to the world government....

Sanji
January 05, 2007, 12:21 AM
hey pips is Chapter 441 out now??

tell me where can i see it?

pls ^_^

venicia777
January 05, 2007, 12:28 AM

pls ^_^

The announcement on top of this page says when we will get a release :p

maybe, but the fight was 3 days ago right? don't think so. maybe dragon will help if BB tries to send Ace to the world government....

that is a good point. Because from the latest chapter we know Dragon is on island which is not where the BB and Ace fought. And that scene was not a flashback-- so i presume that Dragon even doesnt know that Ace fought BB three days back.

jinsomnia
January 05, 2007, 12:54 AM

pls ^_^

u dunno? jump will be out next next week, on the week of 15th....

kakerukami
January 05, 2007, 12:55 AM
Blackbeard's power is a little too powerful if it acts like a blackhole. I'd have to disagree with that theory. The one thing that must be true though is that since there is a darkness power then there must be a light power.

I firmly believe Ace will get beaten by Blackbeard unless Ace is somehow better than Shanks which isn't possible. I think someone dismissed the possibility of Whitebeard/Shanks coming to save Ace because it's too far, but I think it's still possible. What's more likely is that Ace will manage to escape somehow...maybe Smoker or Dragon will interrupt??? A little more far-fetched theory but not entirely impossible is that Ace will team up with Blackbeard after being beaten to protect Luffy. Either way, it's looking to be interesting.

devilsetan
January 05, 2007, 02:35 AM
guys, i got a little confused here.. can any1 tell me is shonen will come out on 15th of january 2007 or in the 15th week of 2007?? :darn
i juz cant wait for the next chapter..
Ace probably will lose, but as far as i concerns, nobody in OP will die... :amuse
so he will stil survive somehow...

venicia777
January 05, 2007, 03:54 AM
guys, i got a little confused here.. can any1 tell me is shonen will come out on 15th of january 2007 or in the 15th week of 2007?? :darn

if memory serves me right- we get the raws leaked to us on the week prior to Shonen jump's releases. So, hopefully next week.

Blackbeard's power is a little too powerful if it acts like a blackhole. I'd have to disagree with that theory. The one thing that must be true though is that since there is a darkness power then there must be a light power.

I really hope BB's power doesnt lie within the confines of the blackhole concept- like absorb or render all power of any other DF useless-- as some put it.

well, it could also be similar to captain Tousen of Bleach's bankai.

Whitebeard/Shanks coming to save Ace because it's too far, but I think it's still possible. What's more likely is that Ace will manage to escape somehow...maybe Smoker or Dragon will interrupt??? A little more far-fetched theory but not entirely impossible is that Ace will team up with Blackbeard after being beaten to protect Luffy. Either way, it's looking to be interesting.

well, they would if only they are close enough to where the fight occurred. Which through Oda's use of flashback happened 3 days ago. Also this is probably about the same time when Red Hair and WB were sparring :p.

and of course they would if they manage to agree on AcE not being ready to face BB or whatever agreement that will favor them going to help Ace.
And most importantly lets not forget that they may not even know the island on which Ace and BB are supposed to be fighting.

Whatever the case though it is a great story development. So many fans love and believe Ace is soo strong and suddenly--this is prior to Oda-sensei revealing the extent of BB's power. and now- almost everyone is worrying for his safety- vis a vis his escape :p

kangster113
January 05, 2007, 04:22 PM
when does the next chapter come up?

sharingan_kakashi
January 05, 2007, 06:15 PM
I firmly believe Ace will get beaten by Blackbeard unless Ace is somehow better than Shanks which isn't possible. I think someone dismissed the possibility of Whitebeard/Shanks coming to save Ace because it's too far, but I think it's still possible. What's more likely is that Ace will manage to escape somehow...maybe Smoker or Dragon will interrupt??? A little more far-fetched theory but not entirely impossible is that Ace will team up with Blackbeard after being beaten to protect Luffy. Either way, it's looking to be interesting.

an interruption would save Ace's butt, if not Ace would be beaten to a pulp and WB would either stop pursuing BB or go after him himself.

OP_overlord
January 05, 2007, 10:41 PM
i def think that ace will lose and he will have to be saved by someone
(but i do like teh joining up with BB to save luffy later theory good thinking)
and it could be dragona or aokiji and here is why aces power lets him go on that one person boat that can "fly" it is really really really really fast and if ace has one why cant aokiji have something faster than a bike like skates with rockets and they work when they hit the ice track that aokiji makes on the water and never run outof power and dragon could 'become the wind" and just fly there or he might have a little sail boat that can catch the winds that he creats so they could get him and me dont know if anyone else has one of those little boats that could come in handy at a time like this (mihawk could come but i dont think so)

GreeN Beast of Konoha
January 06, 2007, 06:38 AM

I think Ace is the cousin because ( i said it befor) in Japan they say to cousin lil/big bro/sis!

Darkheart608608
January 06, 2007, 01:41 PM
Let's me remind you guy. This incident (ACE VS. BB) happened 3 days ago. If something happened to ACE, wouldn't that create a huge commotion in the Navy and the World Government since ACE is the Second Division Caption of the White Beard's pirate? Do you think Garp and Aokiji can be as relax as they can or show in the last few chapter? Therefore, there are only 2 possible outcomes of ACE Vs. BB. First, ACE or BB escapes, thus the fight got postpone. Second, BB lose. Since BB is not yet famous, if BB lost, it would not cause immediate commotion.

mugen
January 06, 2007, 04:11 PM
Let's me remind you guy. This incident (ACE VS. BB) happened 3 days ago. If something happened to ACE, wouldn't that create a huge commotion in the Navy and the World Government since ACE is the Second Division Caption of the White Beard's pirate? Do you think Garp and Aokiji can be as relax as they can or show in the last few chapter? Therefore, there are only 2 possible outcomes of ACE Vs. BB. First, ACE or BB escapes, thus the fight got postpone. Second, BB lose. Since BB is not yet famous, if BB lost, it would not cause immediate commotion.

that's true :noworry
how the FU*& can it not be known?
I mean that's the second in command of one of the yonkou!!!

jinsomnia
January 06, 2007, 08:00 PM
hmmmmm... have to agree with u guys. thus, my prediction is that someone come to assist ACE, and BB gang run away because the last thing they wants is to be known to the world.....

mugen
January 06, 2007, 08:55 PM
maybe but i doubt it....
cuz i like Ace and it would pain mugen to have to see another one of his favorite charaters to have to be saved :zan

Pevee
January 06, 2007, 09:02 PM
maybe but i doubt it....
cuz i like Ace and it would pain mugen to have to see another one of his favorite charaters to have to be saved :zan

I think Ace wouldn't want anyone to interfer either. He's big enough to fight on his own.

mugen
January 06, 2007, 09:04 PM
I think Ace wouldn't want anyone to interfer either. He's big enough to fight on his own.

yeah that's what I was thinking too
he's Luffy's bro and he's Ace :noworry

jinsomnia
January 06, 2007, 11:50 PM
well, i think dat the fight would end up causing alot of commotion and makes BB a wanted man then.

OP_overlord
January 07, 2007, 12:42 AM
does BB have a bounty (after the drum island takeover thing)
how would teh Wg know about the fight it is happening on some little island in the grandline
and ace would nt except help but if he was beatten and saved then BB wouldnt tell the Wg so they would still not know

jinsomnia
January 07, 2007, 07:04 AM
who knows. neway, wonder how much does dragon's bounty really? 1 billion? hehe

coco2576
January 07, 2007, 01:34 PM
its quite abvious blackbeard is gonna win, darkness is like a place with no air and everything, like space. Fire cant survive without air...

mugen
January 07, 2007, 01:46 PM
damn
I had a good prediction but i can't remeber it
let me think
I think......

Ace is gonna have to rely on his own skills and not his Df ones..
ha ha ha ha

OP_overlord
January 07, 2007, 06:16 PM
yeah since his DF abilities will prob not help him against BB but i still think that he is going to get beat and have to be daves (sadly)

jinsomnia
January 08, 2007, 12:28 AM
yeah since his DF abilities will prob not help him against BB but i still think that he is going to get beat and have to be daves (sadly)

yap. because if Ace beat BB, then the storyline is kinda suck and only be considered as side story...

blazingsora
January 08, 2007, 02:09 AM
ye athe drakness battle will be intesrsting but kool

Pevee
January 08, 2007, 07:53 PM
i'm looking forward to see BB's darkness ability. It would be very interesting, but I doubt if we would see the fight in the next chapter.. Remember how Shanks and WB fought but we never get to see them yet? That could happen. But let's keep our hopes up!

mugen
January 08, 2007, 08:00 PM
nah we will see their fight
too much suspence to not have see their long due fight :noworry

OP_overlord
January 08, 2007, 09:24 PM
idk oda thinks in weird ways great but weird ways
we will prob go back to the WB shanks thing and then go back to the Ace BB fight or better yet Luffy meeting dragon before teh bramuda triangle arc

sushi
January 09, 2007, 03:19 AM
can't fire overpower darkness since it release light that shine through darkness???

i don think their fight is gonna be concluded any soon or even the fight got interfered by WG since BB is kinda wanted

yeah I'm a senior now....heheheheh

ekw
January 09, 2007, 03:47 AM
can't fire overpower darkness since it release light that shine through darkness???

i don think their fight is gonna be concluded any soon or even the fight got interfered by WG since BB is kinda wanted

yeah I'm a senior now....heheheheh

Well assuming theres air, ace can technically emit alot of light by becoming extremely hot... maybe that will be his only defense vs BB

sushi
January 09, 2007, 04:43 AM
maybe not if BB's body can't control the power ultimately since its new...he can hav side effects like luffy

OP_overlord
January 09, 2007, 04:36 PM
chibi dark BB that would be a good/funny fight

mugen
January 09, 2007, 04:44 PM
buggy will come....
with a flashy entrance...

Arknight
January 09, 2007, 04:53 PM
First Post New Member: if there is a darkness fruit then there must be a light fruit. Who will get that fruit is my question

jromz03
January 09, 2007, 09:14 PM
maybe BB won, but not in a way we thought.

maybe darkness has an effect on people to BB's advantage.

Could be that Ace lost, and is now controlled by the darkness of BB... So now he is after Luffy as well.

OP_overlord
January 09, 2007, 09:17 PM
that would be crazy but i have always wanted to see an ace luffy fight and see who is stronger now

who has the light DF is the ultimate question now and will they befriend the Sh andhelp them out is the sceond part of the question

Raseru
January 09, 2007, 09:19 PM
buggy will come....
with a flashy entrance...

Yes, Buggy needs to make another appearance.

jromz03
January 09, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'm guessing one of the Elders is the Light DF user.

I'm still thinking what powers darkness can do.

If one of its ability is to create a black void then Enel can survive since, well, he's in space right now :)

another is darkness = evil or mind control. But it would fall similar to that Shichibukai.

mugen
January 09, 2007, 09:23 PM
Yes, Buggy needs to make another appearance.

yup he does
i'm pretty sure that the reason Eiichiro has kept him around is because he too has to reunite with Shanks..
cuz i doubt he'll become the villian again...

Raseru
January 09, 2007, 09:28 PM
yup he does
i'm pretty sure that the reason Eiichiro has kept him around is because he too has to reunite with Shanks..
cuz i doubt he'll become the villian again...

Hmm a reunion with Shanks... I don't think that'll go down well. I see it as, Buggy attacking Shanks, Shanks just looks at him and he falls unconscious.

mugen
January 09, 2007, 09:32 PM
Hmm a reunion with Shanks... I don't think that'll go down well. I see it as, Buggy attacking Shanks, Shanks just looks at him and he falls unconscious.

could be but if he's to make an appearance why not come in the between of the Shanks and Whitebeard argument

OP_overlord
January 09, 2007, 09:34 PM
yeah and buggy plays dirty and shanks would just use his spirt and knock him out or just give him the evil eye and he would run away
and shanks i 1000000000000000000 times stronger than buggy will ever hope to be
but they could join sides-ish

i hope one of the elders doesnt have the lightness DF cause they wouldnt help the SH beat BB and we know that they must do it (does anyone have a pic of the elders or a link to teh anmie chapter i forgot which one it is it is near the one with the other shichubukia)

Raseru
January 09, 2007, 09:35 PM
could be but if he's to make an appearance why not come in the between of the Shanks and Whitebeard argument

I don't think he could interrupt a clash between the two of the Yonkou

OP_overlord
January 09, 2007, 09:40 PM
yeah anyways I want 441 now.... :scry

we all do

read my post and you will see why buggy cant step in on that fight Raseru

WinterLion
January 09, 2007, 09:43 PM
Just a reminder to everyone. No spamming is allowed. Agonizing over the fact that there's no chap until next week isn't going to get you the chap, and it's not appreciated either. So please don't do it. Spam posts will be deleted, and if it does get bad, the thread will be locked. Thanks.

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
who do you think will win teh war between shanks or WB

WB has more people but is old and shanks has no arm but is down right devious

Anti-panda
January 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
who do you think will win teh war between shanks or WB

WB has more people but is old and shanks has no arm but is down right devious

I don't think there will be a war between shanks and whitebeard. They are just two alpha dogs, flexing thier muscles trying to get through to eachother in the only real way they know how, with thier fists. err... swords. whatever.
This isn't a start of a war, just a breakdown in communications. Whitebeard was looking down on shanks who he saw as a little brat, and he wouldn't listen to shanks at all about blackbeard or Ace. So shanks can't get through with words, then he'll get through with his fists.
Plus BB maybe the Void devil fruit ... darkness that envelopes and consumes everything .... we know it's a powerful fruit because Blackbeard says with it he can concour the world.

kakerukami
January 11, 2007, 07:47 PM
If I were to maake a guess at what BB's DF can do I would say it makes it so he can blend with the darkness, rendering him invisible and untouchable. There isn't too much that you can do with "darkness" to attack someone other than uber-powerful void powers and how would that be fun? It's not even flashy.

Concerning WB and Shanks, I would be very happy to see more of their crew or even the results of their sparring. If any really secret information is given like the identity of another yonkou or the abilities of one of the other Shichibukai, I would freak! But for now, I'll settle for a scrap of conversation between WB and Shanks.

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
BB could shape the drakness into thing kinda like smoker who can hold ppl in his smoke
i wanna learn more good stuff about the new powers in the OP world to

jinsomnia
January 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
wonder what oda's thinking by creating something like darkness df. wonder if it could suck others power, life essence or spirit.....

shinigami-joker
January 12, 2007, 05:14 AM
im new to this board so hi ^^'
i have a sinking feeling that ace is gonna die[br]Posted on: January 12, 2007, 05:05:16 AM_________________________________________________or he will come really close to dying

caco
January 12, 2007, 10:41 AM
im new to this board so hi ^^'
i have a sinking feeling that ace is gonna die[br]Posted on: January 12, 2007, 05:05:16 AM_________________________________________________or he will come really close to dying

if ace die a lot of people will be piss because ace is a really cool characer

Mugiwara_no_Jack
January 12, 2007, 10:50 AM
But because of that it would be really dramatic though I don't believe he'll die ...

OP_overlord
January 12, 2007, 07:22 PM
he will get colse and BB will offer him again join or die and then he will say:

1) NO!!!- and when BB is about to kill him someone will save him shanks or dragon (i like dragon more cause then they can use the paper that ace gave to luffy to find him and dragon wants to do that)

2)okay fine, but i will not help you hurt my brother- and they will say ok and go in search of luffy and once luffy and crew beat BB ace will either join the SH or go back to WB(prob WB)

i like theory 1 better

king_crimson-
January 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
But because of that it would be really dramatic though I don't believe he'll die ...

if pell survived that explosion, i don't think oda will kill ace...

seishiro kuki
January 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
Agreed!!! If Pell can't even Die from that atomic explosion...
How do you think Oda make people stonger than Pell I.E Ace died of darkness or sumthin
Even that enel Guy still lives in the moon???????????? Now That's A Mystery, first he 'oda' made white sea at sky, than he made oxygen in the moon along with its creature.
I don't know how far his Imagination goes... But I like it

Luckas
January 13, 2007, 11:46 AM
Enel is a logia user, so maybe he doesn't need oxygen to live. Anyway you shouldn't forget One Piece is a manga, so it isn't always realistic.

Ginny-N
January 13, 2007, 12:46 PM
Enel is a logia user, so maybe he doesn't need oxygen to live. Anyway you shouldn't forget Naruto is a manga, so it isn't always realistic.

Naruto??? Wiiiiiiiiii...... I can swear we talking about One Piece... :P

Luckas
January 13, 2007, 12:58 PM
Sorr

Naruto??? Wiiiiiiiiii...... I can swear we talking about One Piece... :P
Sorry :sweat I'll edit my post; I hope you understood the same what I wrote.

OP_overlord
January 13, 2007, 04:25 PM
we got it ace cant die but what will happen o him is the question

LightReaper
January 13, 2007, 05:32 PM
I don't think you can say he cannot die, the way Blackbeard is being set up as the main villain it'd be kind of crappy if Blackbeard beat him up and then spared him.

For storyline reasons we know Ace can't win and Blackbeard must, so it wouldn't make sense for him to spare Ace; unless he wanted to kidnap him and use him as bait for Luffy.

Xenos3421
January 13, 2007, 06:05 PM
Why does there have to be a winner? I don't think there has ever been a decisive between 2 logia users- Im not even sure they could hurt eachother.

Teach might be able to push Ace away long enough to excape but I don't think they could hurt eachother, unless BB's "Unique" Logia has a mental attack. Like it makes u depressed so you stop moving.

It'b terrible if BB's fruit turns out to be another one of Oda's puns. Like the name of the fruit is the noise being depressed- sigh sigh no mi... he he, i know- not even- but it'b funny.

oh and I think Sengoku has the light fruit... it would keep things balanced and it would work if he's the head of the Marines and their 'absolute justice'.

OP_overlord
January 13, 2007, 08:19 PM
yeah that would make sence and i think your right idk if logia DF users could hurt each other
and even tho BB is going to be the main villian and he is all evil ODA doesnt like to kill characters so i agre with you lightreaper BB will use ace as bait to get to luffy

jinsomnia
January 13, 2007, 09:14 PM
yeah that would make sence and i think your right idk if logia DF users could hurt each other
and even tho BB is going to be the main villian and he is all evil ODA doesnt like to kill characters so i agre with you lightreaper BB will use ace as bait to get to luffy

don't u think he just hand Ace to WG? what he had against luffy?

Crown Klown
January 14, 2007, 01:19 AM
don't u think he just hand Ace to WG? what he had against luffy?

that'd b most logical, but the story would turn back to a repetative arc where, once again the strawhats will rescue someone from the WG. so, BB will prob let Ace go after Ace gets a beat down, telling him that "I've been in debt to u so i wont kill u" or something like that.

seishiro kuki
January 14, 2007, 02:52 AM
Gee!! I don't think The world government will catch ace neither does BB defeating him...
It would feel rather heavy for one piece, I don't think Oda will decide whose the stronger between those 2 just yet. probably BB got away from ace, ace knowing that BB is after luffy decide to search luffy to protect him and have a final showdown.
the battle will probably against luffy n crew with ace as supporter vs blackbeard n crew.

OP_overlord
January 14, 2007, 12:12 PM
i like that thoery but BB says that his powers are great and he will take over the world with it so BB will be kicking ace's ass and ace will escape of his own divices to go warn luffy about BB plans to get him and he will be on the SH side in teh battle with BB and the SH buti hope that hat wouldnt be for a while after ace rejoins with luffy so that ace and his logia DF kick assness will be on the SH for the next few acr's

venicia777
January 15, 2007, 08:37 AM
i like that thoery but BB says that his powers are great and he will take over the world with it so BB will be kicking ace's ass and ace will escape of his own divices to go warn luffy about BB plans to get him and he will be on the SH side in teh battle with BB and the SH buti hope that hat wouldnt be for a while after ace rejoins with luffy so that ace and his logia DF kick assness will be on the SH for the next few acr's

We all have a hunch that BB is powerful-- at least that is what Oda is portraying him now. But you cant just use his words to say his powers are great ... even if the argument is good you will get more people saying your argument on that score is weak basically because many opponents in the story use similar lines but fail at it
i remember CP9 yapping about how strong they were and how luffy's crew's end was near-- but it didnt happen.

Spoilers out!!!
Dont discuss them outside the spoiler discussion thread :loool

OP_overlord
January 15, 2007, 12:19 PM
i dont know if BB is strong or not i was just quoting and your right most of the time villains that say stuff like this get desroyed by luffy and crew (bellmary and his new era got K.O.ed in one punch that was great) i still have no idea what BB powers are so im still going with ace BB fight a draw until i see more

yes spoilers

JC123
January 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
Well, both of them are stubborn, they're both "D"s so this is a fight to the finish no matter how you wanna see it.

OP_overlord
January 15, 2007, 05:00 PM
yes it should be a great fight one of the best so far but idk if oda will make it as long as theones with luffy so it might not look that good

jeffhmwong
January 17, 2007, 05:20 AM
Where to find spoilers???

Luckas
January 17, 2007, 05:32 AM
Where to find spoilers???
The spoilers are here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12623.0) and this is the place (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12622.0) to discuss about them.
Remember to not discuss spoilers out of the Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Captain Usopp
January 17, 2007, 08:51 AM
If i guess right, the next chapter will include them travelling to the new island (forgot the name) and the battle between Blackbeard and Ace (i think ace will lose and possibly die)

Moved to the right thread. Luckas

seishiro kuki
January 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
Owkay move to the spoiler thread...
did anyone know when the all mangaka and shonen mag will start working again?
I don't know which thread should I ask this question so i'll post it here....
Sorry

fire breather
January 17, 2007, 04:38 PM
ace isn,t going to stand a chance even if he had an army of people buildings are going to fly.

borhan
January 17, 2007, 11:31 PM
ace gonna lose.then luffy will avenge his death

jeffhmwong
January 18, 2007, 05:54 AM
I dont think he will die....
If he die...who can fight aokoji?
Anyway, Oda seldom kill heroes in OP.
Sad but true..

Kamikage
January 18, 2007, 06:59 AM
I dont think he will die....
If he die...who can fight aokoji?

Sanji got a nice fire attack ^^ he could get a second chance to beat Aokiji >:Ð

and Ace will probably not die. Would be cool if he got crippled or something thou... just to show how strong BB really is >:|

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 10:57 AM
I think it's time to solve one of the mysteries of one piece. This time it should be the paper that ace gave to luffy in chapter 159. It seems that ace has not enough power to defeat blackbeard and therefore ace will escape in the last instance to appear from the burning peace of paper on the head of luffy.

This would make luffy way to become the pirate king a little bit easier, because helping ace to defeat blackbeard could be a favor for luffy in front of whitebeard and with two imperators of the new world being friends of luffy in the long term would make luffy's life easier.

i said that a long while ago

I think Ace will lose the fight, appear in front of luffy and both will fight together against blackbeard. One of the most important tools for a fight luffy against blackbeard will be the tools from skypia ... we remember they got many powerful tools and one is a light spending tool
;)

you are talking about the dials , luffy doesnt fight with them ussop does

bax
January 18, 2007, 11:25 AM
First up, grab your Chapter 441 here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13399.0)

Get chapter 442 here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13759.0)

Go ahead and discuss the chapter 442 guys. Looks like everything is becoming more interesting. Why did Luffy suddenly asked the skeleton to become his nakama? What is in the triangle?

Discuss away ;)

coungpow
January 18, 2007, 11:49 AM
Well lets assume Oda uses similar character construction so Aces hat it probably important to him, much like Shank's to Luffy, so if you saw Luffy's hat lying on the ground after a losing battle what would you assume. I think this is the last we’ll see Ace. All that remains now is the piece of paper he left to Luffy. I mean Shanks went to Whitebeard because he didn’t think Ace could handle Blackbeard. Also Blackbeard has killed in the past.

dfcarolinaguy
January 18, 2007, 11:53 AM
My prediction is that Ace is using that final fire attack to escape blackbeard, and to warn luffy

sl^sh3r
January 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
I don't know whether this has been mentioned before or not but....

OMFG!
Ace just used Goku's Spirit Bomb attack lol~~

He's still the coolest character in One Piece no doubt!
And I still believe in Ace, he's gonna win!

Absolutio
January 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
My prediction is that Ace is using that final fire attack to escape blackbeard, and to warn luffy

no way.. he searched for blackbeard for a lot of time now, and will put his life on the line to get revenge.. I say Ace loses =\

Koen
January 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
I would not say ace is out yet. BB overwhelmed ace, because he attacked ace atm ace was not capable of thinking what power that was. BB did some hard attacks but still ace was standing and was acting cool. Imo, this fight will have a dissapeared "loser" (both seem to attack with something great). And one of them will dissapear but will not be killed (and will be thought to be killed). This chap was so awesome...

Semizero
January 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
I wonder how the SH pirates would fare against BB

he seems to have an advantage against people with DF abilities but how would zoro and sanji do?
I know luffy is strong and all but his abilities are based around his rubber body
and what if he was grabbed while in gear 2? his nonrubber body would not be able to handle the blood in his body and his heart would probably explode

it would be interesting to watch bb pirates vs sh pirates is all

hotsuma316
January 18, 2007, 12:52 PM
would expect the next chapter to deviate from the black beard fight and return back to the SH pirates. We need a little bonding with franky and the rest of the SH pirates much like chooper did when he came on board. I can't wait to see the mermaid/merman island, I have a theory that they'll end up getting another nakama this time a new female in the group. I can see her as the singer that luffy is looking for but with twist. She ends up be one of the legendary sirens of the sea that puts anyone into either a state of euphoria (good talent and a good distraction tactic) or puts them to sleep permanently

Dragonzair
January 18, 2007, 01:00 PM
DANG. Wtf. Ace jsut got owned :s

He's still awesome in my books, though. But, Blackbeard has definitely gone up. He was really cool in this chapter. XD BUT! I don't believe Ace'll die. :p He'll live, jsut like all the characters in OP (thankfully...and hopefully).

Although, I was quite hoping this chapter had more of the Strawhats...at least we've gotten over the Ace vs. BB fight...for now. Tha's what mostly everyone was waiting for.

sahugani
January 18, 2007, 01:02 PM
the next chapter will return to the Strawhats adventure cause its been a long enough deviation. as for getting a new nakama in this arc...no. as you yourself stated, we need some bonding time with Franky, so getting a new nakama here would make Franky less important. Its not like the East Blue Arc where they needed to build a base of nakama. You could say they got Robin right after Chopper, but the only reason that worked was cause she was replacing Vivi's female presence on the ship rather than just adding a new position

Sarmad
January 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
*sigh*

I thought the whole time that Ace would be gone for good ^^ ! But now i doubt that something like this is going to happen. Seeing the Hat just lying on the ground is prove enough for me! Oda's intentions here are obvious, so i'm absolutely sure that Ace survives and won't get captured! :amuse

cloneofsnake
January 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
WHAT A CHAPTER!!!! Not many people on here realize, but BB's power can absorb other DF users' abilities!! Also, bcoz he has to absorb a lot of $***, his tolerance towards pain is lowered, that's why when Ace hit BB with fire, it can still hurt BB, but BB can tolerate it.

BB is strong!!! But as long as you don't let BB catch you, you can still use your DF powers... Now, people like Ace and Enel can transform their entire bodies into flame / electricity, couldn't they? I think even if Ace can't win, he could still escape and save his life.

cravenight
January 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
If only luffy can shoot cannon balls like garp, he can stay far enough away and still deal damage,

Dragonzair
January 18, 2007, 03:00 PM
WHAT A CHAPTER!!!! Not many people on here realize, but BB's power can absorb other DF users' abilities!! Also, bcoz he has to absorb a lot of $***, his tolerance towards pain is lowered, that's why when Ace hit BB with fire, it can still hurt BB, but BB can tolerate it.

The cool thing here is, if the time comes for the Strawhats to fight BB, it'll be awesome to see either Zoro or Sanji fighting the main baddie for once.

Also, isn't BB a D as well? Maybe Oda's giving enough reasons for Luffy to not fight him, but maybe not. Maybe Luffy could still fight him, but if he does, wouldn't...Luffy be absorbed by him? o.O Coolllll. XD

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 04:19 PM
this is not looking good for a fight between luffy and BB i think that zoro would fight him cause then BB cant take his powers away like he did to ace and zoro has the 108 pound cannon that he can shot from a distance at BB and still do damage

mugen
January 18, 2007, 04:34 PM
I wonder what event Eiichiro was taliking about that the fight started...
I think that it was the demise of a D.
but I wonder ....
how will Eiichiro keep this up .....
One Piece truly is the best :p
take that you One Piece haters

Ginny-N
January 18, 2007, 05:01 PM
Now I gonna hate and love Oda's sense of suspence... but the sum of both vectors are zero... so... ok... that's was too nerd

Anyway, we're saying for the last two chapters the Straw Hats will appears, so, can be happen 2 things:

1- I finally will see Ussop gardening

or

2- We gonna know already what's going on with Whitebeard and Shanks. Oh, I wanna know the Red Hair reaction about Mugiwaras' bounty. Especially Yassop trying to figure out who's Sogeking. Most probably he never recognize his son (No one in Syrup did, except for Kaya and the kids), so, maybe he will shout something about he's a better shooter or something like this...

Don't forget we still have the Furorian Triangle before Merman Island, and there Franky will have a lot of time for develop bonding with the crew. He already has a little with Robin, Ussop and Sanji (And maybe with Nami and Chopper too). Since he almost has 12 years of difference with the guys, and, if Robin is the mom, he will be the dad. :P. What kind of dad is my question ^^!

So, If we use the furorian triangle for develop the bonding with Franky and the crew, get a new nakama in the Merman Island doesn't sound that fast. Appart, I consider Robin the new nakama from the Skypiea Arc (She enter exactly the First Chapter of Skypiea, by my thinkings) and Chopper from the Arabasta Arc (I didn't count Vivi _ _!). Franky is the new nakama from CP9 Arc, so, follow the rule, a new nakama from Merman Island Arc is more proably. But, only Oda knows and I only speculate. Anyway, I'm 90% sure the next nakama is not the Musician. I will not bet, because I still 10% wrong. And, I'm not L. Who cares anyway?

Off topic: Post number 50! Jr. Member!!!! ^^!!!!!!!

thejackass98
January 18, 2007, 05:11 PM
well here be me predictions even as we see ace loses i believe he is still alive but in a very weakened condition he will not warn the SH just escape and i m hoping oda sums up with shanks and WB thing

arwid
January 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
well that's one long bloody prediction... i stay clear, and pray that Ace is still alive. It seems more like Oda don't like killing people, he'd rather let them see their own dreams falling down, (Like all his previous oponents, except Enel.. and cp9 really didn't have a dream)... so I think that Ace survived that explosion/implosion whatever, but maybe get beat up real bad. as for redhair vs blackbeard, i got no idea where they want to get with that fight. just hope they realize how stupid and meaningless it is and put down their weapons. and i don't really care what happens with SH right now, sorry =P

phoenixz
January 18, 2007, 06:53 PM
one word for this chapter.....'omg' !!!!! itz so greatttttt, plus blackbeard's teeth is funny lol, almost like a cartoon network pattern already

enrisimp
January 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
I think that will be a draw but the rest of the crew of Black Beard capture Ace after that. And they will use Ace as a hostage to kill luffy
And it would be nice if Dragon came to rescue both of his sons

shalb
January 18, 2007, 07:22 PM

Actually, the color white is the combination of all colors and black is the absence of color when we're talking about light. This is why everything is black when you turn off the lights at night. As for black holes, it has yet to be established that they do exist (although scientists are fairly sure it does. Proof is hard to find when you're looking for a black hole in a giant black sky...). Theoretically, it is said to have a large enough pulling force that light cannot escape. The only thing I don't know is whether that would accelerate light particles (as if light particles had a greater strength than the pull of the black hole, it would escape).

ax999
January 18, 2007, 08:08 PM
OMFG!
Ace just used Goku's Spirit Bomb attack lol~~

actually it was more like Freiza's death ball...

and does bb actually get hurt when he absorbs attacks or does he just feel pain?

pcxxy
January 18, 2007, 08:47 PM
I agree that Oda doesn't like killing people, except for the few that must be dead. I certainly don't want Ace to be dead but it may bring new heights in the story line if he is... it's ironic.

The scene will be probably back to the SH's, and we may get a conclusion from the confrontation between WB and Shanks or a reaction from Ace's likely defeat...

For some reason, it looks like DarkBeard isn't that strong afterwards, because he can't dodge attacks like the rest of the logia type devil fruit users. It almost feels like he could be instantly defeated by the likes of Luffy, whose power increases greatly in close range battles. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes out of the battle between these two. ;p

cygnus
January 18, 2007, 09:56 PM
From what I picked up he did get hurt, not just feel the pain. But with Ace's fire attacks, he would have only been superficially burned anyway.

Raseru
January 18, 2007, 10:00 PM
I think he has to bear the pain of the attack... I think that'll be his weakness. You need 1 hit to kill him, so he can't stand the pain...

Ginny-N
January 18, 2007, 10:04 PM
For some reason, it looks like DarkBeard isn't that strong afterwards, because he can't dodge attacks like the rest of the logia type devil fruit users. It almost feels like he could be instantly defeated by the likes of Luffy, whose power increases greatly in close range battles. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes out of the battle between these two. ;p

I dunno if actually get it, but I think the Yami Yami Fruit is not Logia... is Darkness... You can clasificate this one as Logia but doesn't act with all the Logia rules. Well, you can't "transform" into Gravity... you can make your body have more gravity and then grab the people. When you grab it, ta da! The power is useless. Is like been the Kuraiseki (I think is the name) Kuraiseki Fruit :P. In fact, Luffy is in more trouble, because he has to punch the enemy and then, if he didn't take Blackbeard by surprise, he will sucked and lose his power instantly. Appart, the last attack of Ace (Not the sun) was absorved by Blackbeard.

Luffy will realize how to defeat him when he face it. If it's not, he will try again.

The important thing here is two D are fighting each other. No matter how little we know about the D, only this make me thing the repercution will be big. Really big. Before we know about Blackbeard power, only thing about two Ds fighting make fell like this will be big... Seriously. I wonder if the Mugiwaras will know something about it someday... I wanna know...

SomeGuy
January 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
Damn, this chapter was great. I like the cryptic warning at the end of the chapter.

Frankmasterj
January 18, 2007, 10:44 PM
I hate to say it but I think Ace is dead. At the end of the chapter it said that this fight will forever be remembered as the "trigger" that started a huge event in the grand line. My perdiction is that ace will be killed by Blackbeard which in turn will send all of the D's out to kill Blackbeard including you guessed it Dragon. I think by the time Luffy and Dragon get to Blackbeard he will allready have a large following and it will end up causing the biggest war the world of One Piece has ever known.

SomeGuy
January 18, 2007, 10:51 PM
I hate to say it but I think Ace is dead. At the end of the chapter it said that this fight will forever be remembered as the "trigger" that started a huge event in the grand line. My perdiction is that ace will be killed by Blackbeard which in turn will send all of the D's out to kill Blackbeard including you guessed it Dragon. I think by the time Luffy and Dragon get to Blackbeard he will allready have a large following and it will end up causing the biggest war the world of One Piece has ever known.

I think Ace is still alive (barely) and Smoker will find him.

As for the "trigger", I'm thinking this Sends Shanks into action against Blackbeard, but Whitebeard will try and stop him since they want to take down Blackbeard, and the Navy gets involved, then the Strawhats get dragged into it and Dragon makes his move against the government while all this is going down.

Pevee
January 19, 2007, 12:14 AM
But Ace can't die yet. He's ACE!!! I really pray that he'll survive.
although I think he's dead myself.
I'll keeping hoping and praying

Erinkun
January 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
Im interested in seeing Luffy's reaction of Ace's death...but dun rally want Ace to diiiie hes like my second favortie character!!!!!

fremeer
January 19, 2007, 01:44 AM
i think ace is stuck inside BBs black hole.
slightly offtopic but blackhole cannot actually be seen since no light is reflected off its surface. All we see is the event horizon(the point where the gravitational pull is equal to that of the speed of light) and the two huge plumes of light energy coming out in the poles of the BH. When u turn the light off at nite everything seems black because the spectrum human eyes can see has been effectively neutralized and their is no light for the objects to reflect off. Infrared light and UV light would still exist in that situation its just that we cant see it. The perception of color is partly due to our evolution and our eyes differentiate different wave lengths of light as different colours. White is all colours being reflected off a surface and black is no colours being reflected.

bakashijinsan
January 19, 2007, 03:15 AM
I think that's the end (for now) of the story between Ace and Blackbeard Next Chapter, we'll be seeing the Straw Hats entering that dangerous triangle before going to the merman island. I believem they would need to gather information first on how to go underwater and on how to pass the triangle or maybe unlock the mysteries behind the disappearance of 100 ships a year.

firesoferebus666
January 19, 2007, 05:20 AM
I don't think the next chapter will have much to do with those two. We probably won't find out what really happened to them until later, but I have a feeling Ace lost. After all, it talks about some huge conflict, but if Ace wins, I can't really see the conflict continuing any further.

Raseru
January 19, 2007, 05:59 AM

Although I hate to admit it, but I think you may be right... so long, Ace (if he's actually dead) you'll live forever in my sig... :crying

Luckas
January 19, 2007, 06:32 AM
I know that most One Piece readers are very sad for what could have happened to Ace, but, please, you should remember to stay on topic. This is a thread for discussing the last chapter(441), not to make predictions or to mourn about Ace possible death. Luckas

1nfamous
January 19, 2007, 08:06 AM
we probably be seeing the SH on their new ship running doing like alwayz ( Luffy, Ussop, Choppa, ) lmao and you see Zoro sleeping somewhere new, which is quite probably. Hey Maybe, Oda will go to the sign of Wb and Shankz fight....

Maybeee

JoJoJO
January 19, 2007, 10:12 AM
Here's my prediction straw hat crew will reach the entrance to the mermaid Island, we probable won't know what will happen to Ace until a couple of chapters.

We will see Whitebeard and Shanks in the next chapter.

jinsomnia
January 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
damn. this is a good chapter. i think what Oda wants to do here is to make another perspective in fighting style of One Piece character. this is so that it won't be limited to DF fighting. IT is more to be a fighting of strength. this is why i think luffy can win. whew... i thought that he would suck even Ace....

jinsomnia
January 19, 2007, 12:04 PM
what i really wants to find out the next chapter is what is actually 'the big crisis' as been said in the last page.. this keep me thinking quite a lot..

Timewiz
January 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
Now that was a good chapter!! I would morn Ace n all but then i know he aint dead :p he probably escaped or something but dead i doubt it. Also ace looked sooooo like shanks in one of the closing frames!! This is either a mistake or mabye ace's father or uncle is shanks?? As to what was said in last frame i think what will probably happen is Luffy and/or WB will see ACE lost and presumed dead and will come after BB and also BB may now become one of the 7 warlords.

chocohexe
January 19, 2007, 01:45 PM
Noo Ace can not dye jet. He is one of my favos ;___; . But when luffy finds out about this i think he got really pissed and an angry luffy is sooo scary xDD.

Ginny-N
January 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
Noo Ace can not dye jet. He is one of my favos ;___; . But when luffy finds out about this i think he got really pissed and an angry luffy is sooo scary xDD.

Think in that: Nobody wants Ace dead, so, if he die will be one of the most greastest characters because he dies in his law... I think kill Ace is a good idea (Story wise) but thanks god, I'm not Oda ^^!

Hankosha
January 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
First of all, BB must have eaten the Devil's fruit fairly soon after Luffy went to sky island, as he was swimming after the stream blew his boat to pieces. He's Still mastering his Darkness powers. Notice how he only used two of his powers.

Secondly - He takes damage, but can nullify Devil fruit powers of people he touches. This poses both a problem and works in Luffy's Favoor should a fight occur. BB still takes damage from attacks, but he sucks things towards himself. Thus, If Luffy made use of gatling gun, he would be unable to miss, and every single of his attacks would hit.

The Gravity power seems to have a single weakness. By attacking from above, the force of the attack would be greatly increased because of the effects of the power, turning the power of gravity against itself.

Another question comes to mind - I see why BB would want the power of Gravity, but where did he learn about it?
Is it possible that Roger had that same power, perhaps?

Continuing on, It is my firm belief that there is no "Light" DF. Why? Because Light has been traditionally associated with goodness and whatnot, yaddah, yaddah. So no light fruit. However, a Person who uses the power of water/Weather control could easily bring BB to his knees, by nullifying BB's Devil powers and drowning him.

Another point I feel I should make - Dragon seems to have Weather control powers, not thunder or shapeshifting powers. He was able to allow Luffy to escape, and the Weather changed just in time...

Remus
January 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
I think that Darkness was once the power of Gold D. Roger....

Do Devil Fruits come out of the of an ability user once he dies ?

Well very nice chapter indeed but I guess Ace is done. You know Luffy needs a reason to kick BB ass and what would be a better reason than revenge for your older brother ? But for me Oda has lost his touch by giving away such a monstruous power. He just created what Aizen is in Bleach. An extra ordinary powerful foe with cheap abilities which give a huge advantage. Well lets see what BB got up his sleeve

bax
January 19, 2007, 03:11 PM
I think that Darkness was once the power of Gold D. Roger....

Judging from what we saw, it's quite not possible. We don't have any info on what will happened to DF users' powers when they die. Plus, Roger's handcuffs (when he was brought upon to the place where he was executed) doesn't looks like the seastone handcuffs like Robin's in EL). Just bringing up this point because Roger is killed by weapons, but as far as we know, Logia type DF users are immune to physical attacks like Smoker and Ace, but not to other Logia users. Ofcourse this has many holes, such as Aokiji's Ice power that is solid, and Enel's vulnerability towards rubber.

Back to the topic. This chapter is awesome. Oda took the risk of "eliminating" one of the fans' favorite character to create another formidable character in One Piece. BB's power is really strong, no doubt about that, I always thought about a black hole power, but never expected it until last chapter.

By far, I would say Ace is clearly defeated, but not done for. A character that has a close relation to teh protagonist but rarely shows up can't die just like that, even not if we consider Ace's caliber. But, BB made a good move. With defeating and capturing Ace, he not just can use him as bait to get Luffy, but Whitebeard as well.

zutto06
January 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
Ace, is said to be very strong. And guy from the BB crew mention about DF user are weaks because they rely on the DF powers too much.

In that battle I have yet seen Ace to actually use his own physical powers to battle against Blackbeard. Maybe he have better chance then using his weakened DF powers.

Navid.
January 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
Great chapter, One Piece seems to be on a real roll latley (there hasnt been a avarage chapter in a while now in my opinion) compared with Naruto and Bleach which where a letdown last time around (better this week).

Seing Ace getting beaten like that has me wondering, is Oda finally ready to kill off a main character from the manga?? My guess would be no, but I look forward to being supprised. But I have to say as good as the fight between Ace and Blackbeard was, I was kinda dissapointed by the rest of Blackbeards crew, running away the way they did... Now Im not saying their weak, I just stood out for me as I could never imagine the main fighters from the Strawhat's ever fleeing no matter how strong and powerful their captain became.

But having read through the chapter, and understood more of Blackbeards powers, I started thinking about how one could defeat Blackbeard (from reading the previous posts Im not the only one), and what how his powers would work to his advantage and disadvantage against the strawhat crew.

I have to be honest the first people that came to my mind to combat Blackbeard, was Sanji and Zoro... two extremely powerful characters who have never relied on any kind of devil fruit powers, this would pretty much make some of Blackbeards powers useless. But as we probably all know this wont be their fight (as much as I would love to see them take a main badguy out instead of Luffy for once).

So Luffy, having read many of the posts, many seem to belive that Luffy losing his powers will not have as big a impact on him as it did on Ace...

I do agree that his fighting style is power related, but we also have to remember that most of the power he produces probably comes from the momentum created from his gommu gommu attacks. Another point that is very important to take note of is when was the last time Luffy's body took the full foce of a blow without the use of his rubber body to cushen the damage?

This to me is very important when considering what a monster Blackbeard must be in terms of hand to hand combat power, people like Sanji and (especially) Zoro have all taken damage and fought their fights without having aautomatic defence which is Luffys rubber body... again makes me think they would be more suited to fighting someone like Blackbeard.

I would love to hear your opinion on the matter. :)

Hankosha
January 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
Ace will "Die", his body lying and sinking into the ocean. You see his eyes close as bubbles float up around him.

Luffy lets out a shout. It is as though he feels Ace's death, and the violence of it hits him. Later, news comes to him that BB has killed ACE, and he gets pissed, and wants to turn around and fight BB, but Robin and the rest of the crew hold him back.

"He defeated Ace, who you said you could never beat. We have no chance."

Later Chapter - Ace wakes up. He's on an unfamiliar ship, unable to remember who he is and what happened to him. The Commander of the Ship? One of the Shibukai OR a village fisherman OR a character that nobody expected to reappear, but does so. (Buggy, Smoker, Arlong, Axehand)...

Dragon will also hear of Ace's death and react. He'll speed up his plans of revolution because of the power that Blackbeard might bring to bear upon him should Blackbeard become a Shibukai.

I also predict that Zorro's new sword will not be of steel or any other metal. I'm willing to bet it'll be something that makes it either indestructible, or it might just have a DF power. (Imagine a sword with Gravity DF powers. that'd be cool.)

jinsomnia
January 20, 2007, 12:39 AM
I would love to hear your opinion on the matter. :)

for me, this is definitely is luffy's fight. for one, this is a good chance for luffy to concentrate on his original strength to fight BB. We should not forget that how strong zoro and sanji, they cannot outmatch the sheer strength of luffy. I personally think that being the grandson of one of the strongest raw power of marine - GARP, luffy really should show us something. That is in term of RAW power...

jinsomnia
January 20, 2007, 01:16 AM
I also predict that Zorro's new sword will not be of steel or any other metal. I'm willing to bet it'll be something that makes it either indestructible, or it might just have a DF power. (Imagine a sword with Gravity DF powers. that'd be cool.)

it will be made of a seastone material, that could nullify the DF power... like the handcuff thing..

scarletcrimson
January 20, 2007, 02:10 AM
A couple points

-I really dont want Ace to die but the cryptic end of the chapter could mean his death or people thinking he is dead, this would give BB enough popularity with the WG to become one of the seven warlords ie. he brings them Aces' hat as proof that he killed him, the WG is like oooh u took down one of WB's captains ur in baby lol

- if Ace isnt dead or presumed to be dead BB will go after luffy, he is going for big bounties because he wants WG to notice him and make him a WL

-This even will shock one piece world as everyone will stir for this, WB will make move after WG because BB is in it, Dragon and revolutionaries will move because of his son and because of threat of WG growing bigger because of death of WB crew captain, luffy will eventually move in because of brother but he probably wont learn about it until mermaid island is done, in other words ACE dying will definitely could be the climax that could bring all of one piece together and turn it upside down resulting in the end of one piece bwahahaha!!!!! ----in my opinion---

-BB powers are kind of cheap and i actually think luffy will not be able to use his rubber powers to the fullest, but....we will definitely see luffy's true strength and endurance vs. BB's true strength and endurance, and it will not only be a test of the will of D's power but of the origin of said strength, but many of luffy's attacks deal with his momentum and rubber powers so luffy will have to be clever about it

Final Note: i really dont think ACE died not just because he is one of my favorite characters, or because of his powers, or becuase of his personality, or because of his position in the WB crew, or because of this importance to Luffy and the will of D, but just because it would be really good for the story if everyone presumes he's dead and oh i don't know 100 or so chapters down the road when everyone is ready to take down BB, guess who steps out the shadows to finish BB or help beat him "i came back for my hat BB". which will probably be on his trophy room on his huge pirate ship when he becomes one of the warlords

Luckas
January 20, 2007, 06:37 AM
I would like to remember to everyone that this thread is for discussing the latest chapter, to share your opinions about what happened, your ideas, maybe theories. But for predictions of what will happen in the next chapter there is a proper thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13401.15#lastPost). Luckas

Efreet
January 20, 2007, 07:42 AM
i agree with most of you... we won't see anymore Blackbeard or Ace in the next chapter.....

but i'd like to know what Whitebeard did to Ace to make him so loyal....and i'd like to know how the battle ended (i know Blackbeard won, but i'd like to see what become of Ace)

OP_overlord
January 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
yeah we dont know what happened just that his hat is on teh ground but he lost that in teh 2 page of the chapter

this chapter will focus on WB and Shanks fight and what the crisis is

luffy getting to teh triangle

zoro cant get a new sword yet (but he needs one) they are in the middl of the ocean

sahugani
January 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
i think that the dramatic ending narration was pretty damn good proof that this will be the end of the sidetrack and we will get back to Luffy. they'll be just getting to the triangle and i have no idea what to expect from there other than the ghost ship later on

and yes Zoro will get a sword this arc, but it will be one of the named swords, not a seastone or DF sword

OP_overlord
January 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
thank you sahugani that is what i was saying
he doesnt need a DF sword or a seastone sword leave those to the weaker guys (i hope smoker doesnt came and kill me now) zoro will learn a tech that can cut elements and stuff liek that

kangster113
January 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
ace better not die, lol this is only like the second time where oda put ace in a combat.

abXIIII
January 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
That was one of coolest chapters i've ever read ........ anyway here are my predictions:

I think ace is defeated maybe dead but we won't see that in the next chapter
instead we'r gonna see the SH on their way to the mermen island.

as for Zoro's new sword i think he'll get it from the merman island or so.

As for Dragon ,WB and Shanks i think they'll show up a little bit in the next chapter before the SH enter the mermen island or so, WB is gonna be F*&^in pissed when he finds out about BB&Ace.

sorry for the mixed up thoughts but i'm still shocked from all the action :blink

Gear2fu
January 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
Does anyone else wonder what chain of events this fight will start since it said this was the base for a series of events that would happen?

jinsomnia
January 20, 2007, 10:58 PM
Does anyone else wonder what chain of events this fight will start since it said this was the base for a series of events that would happen?

we take it like this:

- after this fight, WG takes BB as a schibukai......
- the balance of the world shakes
- dragon and revolutionaries quicken their pace
- WB and shanks start invading / threaten the WG that they cannot accept BB
- people inside marines divided
- revealation of 2 other warlord (there are 4 include shanks and WB right?)
- revealation of other admiral and other schibukai..

JC123
January 20, 2007, 11:50 PM
I'm of the opinion that Luffy is probably going to be fighting another one of the emperors now. He's getting up there and it's the only group he hasn't really "fought"

Crocodile was Shichibukai

CP9 was World Government

and from the foreshadowing, Jinbei could be mad or see Luffy as a threat since he beat Arlong.

1nfamous
January 21, 2007, 12:38 AM
somehow i think the blast from Ace's and BB's attack blew Ace away in the water current. That bringing Ace to an random island somewhere.

knightofNI
January 21, 2007, 12:55 AM
I think that ace will either lose (but not die) or their fight will be interrupted. but i also think that we won't find out anything until like, next year when the next arc is over. so we'll be kept in suspense... forever.

i think the story will be going back to the straw hats and even if it doesn't, i think the next chapter will stray from bb and ace. i can't wait to get to see the ship in more detail! :D

OP_overlord
January 21, 2007, 01:04 AM
yeah i too wanna see what the new ship can do what is the solider docking systerm thing

Mugiwara_no_Jack
January 21, 2007, 03:15 AM
What I want see in the next chapter: Ace Flashback :)

What we will see: Mugiwaras heading for the Triangle ;)

kadodo
January 21, 2007, 09:53 AM
Judging from what we saw, it's quite not possible. We don't have any info on what will happened to DF users' powers when they die. Plus, Roger's handcuffs (when he was brought upon to the place where he was executed) doesn't looks like the seastone handcuffs like Robin's in EL). Just bringing up this point because Roger is killed by weapons, but as far as we know, Logia type DF users are immune to physical attacks like Smoker and Ace, but not to other Logia users. Ofcourse this has many holes, such as Aokiji's Ice power that is solid, and Enel's vulnerability towards rubber.

Back to the topic. This chapter is awesome. Oda took the risk of "eliminating" one of the fans' favorite character to create another formidable character in One Piece. BB's power is really strong, no doubt about that, I always thought about a black hole power, but never expected it until last chapter.

By far, I would say Ace is clearly defeated, but not done for. A character that has a close relation to teh protagonist but rarely shows up can't die just like that, even not if we consider Ace's caliber. But, BB made a good move. With defeating and capturing Ace, he not just can use him as bait to get Luffy, but Whitebeard as well.

I can say that there is a good possibility that Ace is really defeated. However, the hat laying on the floor on the last page could just be a way to try to trick us. Oda never really killed a main character before (except for maybe Gold Roger). So it's very risky to say to Ace is dead right now. Maybe BB will use him in order to have a fight with Luffy.

Remus
January 21, 2007, 01:32 PM
I can say that there is a good possibility that Ace is really defeated. However, the hat laying on the floor on the last page could just be a way to try to trick us. Oda never really killed a main character before (except for maybe Gold Roger). So it's very risky to say to Ace is dead right now. Maybe BB will use him in order to have a fight with Luffy.

Does BB fear Luffy ? I dont think so. I dont think that he believes Luffy stronger than Ace either so what point would it make ? well lets just hope ace gets his ass ouf of there

dfcarolinaguy
January 21, 2007, 02:04 PM
I predict we will see the conclusion of the ace vs blackbeard fight

OP_overlord
January 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
oda will leace that for a while and either show us more about the new ship, shanks v WB, or just the SH going to the next area (triangle) and not talk about the ship

OP_overlord
January 21, 2007, 02:52 PM
idk how likely that is he might have to be saved

the fight isnt going so good for him right now

king_crimson-
January 21, 2007, 06:05 PM
i think we'll see the mugiwara entering the furorian triangle, and franky will show the ship's tools to the rest of the crew...and nami shows her incredible navigator skills once again...

and maybe a FB with shanks and WB, but it's more what I hope than what I think :D

OP_overlord
January 21, 2007, 06:13 PM
the chapter would be long enought for all of that so namis skillz wouldnt been shown till 443

worm34
January 21, 2007, 09:08 PM
After reading the chapter, it's been getting even more interesting. Ace final faces BB, but most likely loses. Ace is probably not dead, but he'll probably just be left there if he's on the ground or something so BB can go after Luffy. I honestly can't see Ace dying, well at least not yet.

kadodo
January 21, 2007, 10:02 PM
Does BB fear Luffy ? I dont think so. I dont think that he believes Luffy stronger than Ace either so what point would it make ? well lets just hope ace gets his ass ouf of there

Well I know BB does not fear Luffy, but will Luffy want to fight BB? Maybe Ace could besomething more meaningful for Luffy to do so.

akumashin
January 21, 2007, 10:56 PM
A lot of people already said that Ace will lose and I agree, but die? No, never.

Just think in Pell (Alabasta Arc)...

He'd a megabomb at your feet, it exploded and (in the end of the arc) he appeared alive.

So that is why ASCE :p wont die.

I want to see WB and Shanks, the new katana of Zoro, Buggy (wherever he is), another Poneglyph, etcetera. But we'll see the SH going to the triangle.
;)

jackie_u
January 21, 2007, 11:13 PM
What I want to know is how BB knew what fruit it was...I thought one couldnt tell which fruit is what...

triniman121
January 21, 2007, 11:26 PM
i predict the news about the fight will reach luffy.

kadodo
January 21, 2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe he did some research?

krnme
January 22, 2007, 03:07 AM
man... i think Ace will lose the fight but not die... and then BB will probably take Ace(injured) to the WG and then become a shichibukai for doing so...
and that would be the trigger for the great incident...

gian
January 22, 2007, 06:07 AM
I don't think Ace is dead otherwise Garp would've been making a huge deal about it while he was with Luffy.