PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece Volume 45 (ch431-440) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

destinator
October 04, 2006, 08:46 AM
Get the 430 chapter here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9308.0)

What a damn sad chapter...I really thought Going Merry would still be a part of the crew but I guess there wouldnt have been a logical explanation why it could still be with the Mugiwara crew when it was explained that it couldnt go any further...well Oda likes to make it really sad for us. Not only breaking but also burning our beloved ship =(! But I have to admit its a really good end for this arc. So yeah what will be next ship? And will we see next?

Predict away...

bax
October 04, 2006, 11:23 AM
Another early prediction after mine in Bleach...

Ok, so, Merry is no more. Finally, in the next chapter, we might see Iceburg is offering the SH a new ship or offering them to build a new one. And it seems that Luffy and Usopp has settled their problem, we may get to see if Franky is really gonna join the SH.

Another talking chapter ahead of us... But full of explaination and revelation... I hope so...

princeandrew01
October 04, 2006, 04:10 PM
well well its goodbye merry u know i cud only imagine how much crying and backstory we wud see in the anime.

it was a good ship, quie a sad chapter 430. Well i guess we will see wat the strawhats are going to do about a new ship, probably will get one one from Iceburg and company and probably franky and his crew will help build it.

Hawkeye
October 04, 2006, 04:11 PM
Ok what i am hoping will happen next chapter is that Franky already built Pluton and thats why he needed that money from the Starw hats and he gives it to them and joins there crew...... and then they destroy the world muwhhhhhaaaaaaa jk

bax
October 04, 2006, 04:35 PM
Ok what i am hoping will happen next chapter is that Franky already built Pluton and thats why he needed that money from the Starw hats and he gives it to them and joins there crew...... and then they destroy the world muwhhhhhaaaaaaa jk

I don't think they'll use the Pluton, if it can be built right this time.... The SH needs a ship that worthy of a soon-to-be legendary crew like them... So the ship must also create its own legend here...

cravenight
October 04, 2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah, Gol. had the Oro Jackson, it will probably be something similar to that, since that ship is the best that Tom made, i would guess that there ship is going to be a combine effort of Iceburg and franky. Also luffy and ussop has to settle there problem.

Anti-panda
October 04, 2006, 05:42 PM
Wow .... 430 will be a hard chapter to follow up ....
The strawhats will need to get up and running .. FAST because is obvious the WG willnot just leave them be after what happened at enis lobby. I predict maybe talk of a new ship .. perhaps one franky built with the 200 million. Also he should be joining up with the strawhats officially soon.
Selfish me also says we'll see new bounties .... but I don't really think that'll happen yet.

Vato Loco!
October 04, 2006, 06:41 PM
Man, the ending of the merry was more or less life imitating art (or manga imitating anime). Nevertheless, it was a good way to see the merry be parted with.

Prediction: I think next chapter is the after party of the SH crew/ building of a new ship by Iceberg and Franky, and then the last two pages or so is gonna be panels of Franky taking Luffy aside and telling him something <b>like</b>
F:" We cant go back from this"

L: "we?"

F:" attacking the world government was one of the worst things we could have ever done"

L:"..."

F:" and by staying here I(or We) not only put the galley-la crew in danger, but the entire isle of Water 7"

L:" What are you trying to say?"

F:" I want to join your crew"

L:"..."

F:"I know this way I the WG might just chase after us and not come after the FF"

L:(gets smirk on face) *Luffy starts walking away* " come on Franky, tonight we celebrate"

end chapter.

Or atleast that's how it's playing out in my mind. :spaz :XD :hi5

Dogolath
October 04, 2006, 07:41 PM
Yep Merry is dead now. So probably no reincarnation or upgrades or any of that stuff (there goes my prediction), or so I hope. After reading this chapter, I hope now that Merry stays dead, because it would make this entire chapter stupid and pointless (sort of like that whole Pell self-sacrifice mess) if it were to come back in one form or another. R.I.P. Merry, you were a good ship.

Ok now on to my prediction. I still predict that the Buster Call ships will come after the Straw Hats. Also, I predict that the return of Usopp's mask will allow for reconciliation between him and Luffy. Luffy never did see Sogeking snipe Spandam from across the bridge, did he? Then he never saw how great a sniper Sogeking is. Also isn't Usopp, apart from Robin, the only Straw Hat whom Luffy didn't chase after/beg to become a crew member? What if Luffy after witnessing Sogeking's awesome sniping begs Sogeking to join, not knowing Sogeking is actually Usopp (still!)? Wouldn't that heal his broken pride? It makes for a perfect way to reconcile if you ask me.

joker
October 04, 2006, 08:13 PM
huhuhuhu..GOing Merry is gone now..very sad..what a really touching chapter..like i havin a tear in my eyes..huhuhu..
for the next chapter, i think that Franky will co-operate woth Ice Berg -san,they will build the Pluton for SH..
long live SH!!!!!

thejackass98
October 04, 2006, 09:53 PM
damn.... heh made a heartless man shed a tear heh lil too sad i say but a new ship a new friend they are prolly gonna join ......franky...... i hopes hehe and as joker said long live SH!!!!

renrutal
October 04, 2006, 10:33 PM
Next chapter we shall discover why Franky needed 200 mil. I have a feeling that the only remaining map of Pluton is in his head now. That would make him a multi-million wanted man.

3 options:

If they get a ship now, with will either be from Franky (he has it hidden somewhere), or from Galley-La Company + Franky Family, maybe as the fastest and best built ship ever from Iceburg + Franky. All the 7 docks would unite to build it.

Else, if they don't get a new ship now, the Straw Hats will flee to someplace, preferably a secret one, where Franky will build the ship.

vyrtgo
October 04, 2006, 10:54 PM
Now that Merry is gone, I predict that since they are all in the Galley-La ship they will all go back to W7. The Strawhats still have stuff there, if it wasn't destroyed. What Franky spent the 200 million on will be reveiled. I predict that it was parts for his best/newest BattleFranky. Which he and Iceberg will team up and build for the Strawhats.

Dark Zeza
October 05, 2006, 02:22 AM
You could see Franky crying so bad also in chapter 430, last page (he is the next crew member!!!).

Umm... my prediction, Galley La + Franky Family included Iceburg and Franky will design a ship, really unique and especially for Luffy. I cannot imagine how it look like though, maybe the head of the ship will be monkey!! (hope not) However it will be the greatest ship in the world. :smile-big Next chapter come out quickly!!!

tqm_z
October 05, 2006, 02:42 AM
finally my favorite ship has gone :(

whats next; Iceburg and Franky will equip mugiwara new ship with STEAM ENGINE and PROPELLER so it will running faster from BC next time. They have the engine blueprint.

But I think STEAM ENGINE was too much and would like never happened. Just possiblity.

Morneion
October 05, 2006, 08:40 AM
You could see Franky crying so bad also in chapter 430, last page (he is the next crew member!!!).

Umm... my prediction, Galley La + Franky Family included Iceburg and Franky will design a ship, really unique and especially for Luffy. I cannot imagine how it look like though, maybe the head of the ship will be monkey!! (hope not) However it will be the greatest ship in the world. :smile-big Next chapter come out quickly!!!

FRanky is always crying when it gets too emotional, like when Ussop tried to repair Going Merry in an old shiprepairstockthing. then he was crying and made up a song of the emotions and so on.
but, he might join. At least as Vivi did (I wonder what would happen if WG finds out about that =/

Dark Zeza
October 05, 2006, 10:20 AM
I think she wont join temporary (as Vivi), because that time Vivi was friend, but her position is not needed. It is different from this time, shipwright is needed to repair, and contain the ship status. I think he will join permanently. :darn

Morneion
October 05, 2006, 10:25 AM
maybe but then, who will take after Franky? Kiwi? Kiwi Family? But as always does there is the unpredictions in One piece. Maybe Iceburg will join? heh... they're alot older then the others ^^

Dark Zeza
October 05, 2006, 10:45 AM
Yes, you're right, one piece is hard to predict.

But here is my prediction, ah hem...I think the Franky family will disband, and join with Galley La.

Even though Franky is alot older than the crew (34 YO), his personality makes him look younger, emotional :darn . That's why I think he will be the crew, if he wont then,I will be dissappointed.

LionBriefs
October 05, 2006, 01:38 PM
Ouh T_T 430 is so sad. I was crying... >_> poor Merry. I really love this ship. I don't like a new ship XD But ok, I hope in the next chapter they're becoming a new grand ship!
And... I hope Franky doesn't join the crew... I don't know why but I dont like him that much XD

nicole2daniell
October 05, 2006, 02:03 PM
for all those that is saying that franky would toss away his family and join strawhat crew....that just stupid...franky and franky family is one package deal. if by chances franky did toss away his family to join strawhat...luffy would say no anyway...he value friendship above anything else except for food propably. how would it look on franky part if his famliy risk there live to save him and after it all said and done franky be like F off now i'm going to join strawhat, you guy can do whatever you want. but just don't get caught by world government. just to remind everyone the marines at enis lobby all think franky family is really strawhat crew members.
I would really look down on franky if he did join without his family...there is a reason why we all call them franky's family instead of those ppl with franky.

my predection is that oda make everyone think that franky would join but will suprise use with having paulie join instead....unless oda decide to kill off franky family in the sea in the next chapter. then franky would be by himself to join.

so take your pick it either...

strawhat+franky and franky's family..or
strawhat+paulie

bax
October 05, 2006, 02:35 PM
strawhat+paulie

Not gonna happen. if it is, Oda would stress about Paulie more in this arc. He's just a would-be-major character in the beginning and then started to vanish

Hmm.. but Sanji was the same too right? he admired Red Leg so much, but he left... Luffy objected that at first because Red Leg is the one asked for Sanji to go Luffy wanted Sanji to make the decision himself. Sanji agreed to follow Luffy and walla.... Sanji is now in the crew...

Bartserk
October 05, 2006, 02:45 PM
It's pretty obvious to me that franky will join the crew. Permanently, of course. He's got all what's needed to become a Strawhat: strenght, mad personality, freak combat skillz... and plus, he beat single-handed one of the 'bosses' of this arc, Fukurou. He's already a SH, for sure ;p

As for Franky Family, they will probably join Galley-LA. It makes sense ;p

Anti-panda
October 05, 2006, 03:00 PM
for all those that is saying that franky would toss away his family and join strawhat crew....that just stupid...
I would really look down on franky if he did join without his family...there is a reason why we all call them franky's family instead of those ppl with franky.

my predection is that oda make everyone think that franky would join but will suprise use with having paulie join instead....unless oda decide to kill off franky family in the sea in the next chapter. then franky would be by himself to join.

so take your pick it either...

strawhat+paulie

I'd like to remind everyone of the people the other crew has left behind, Nami - Her entire hometown not the least of which is her sister Nojiko and Genzo. Sanji left Zeff and all the people of Baratie. Chopper left the only person he trusted Doctorine and the memories of his adoptive father Hiriuluk. Zoro didn't even really leave anyone but he did leave his legitimate life as a bounty hunter to become a criminal and a pirate. Ussop left his ussop pirate crew (all 3 of them) and kaya, and his entire hometown. So it's all a matter of the franky family loving thier bro enough to let him go.
As to the second issue ... Considering not only have we seen franky's background, but Oda has done Absolutely nothing to Develope Paulie's character or in anyway integrate him into the strawhats... paulie at this point would be a complete dissapointment.
Now I love franky, He's over the top just enough to be entertaining, He's strong enough to keep pace with the other strawhats. Paulie Is not that interesting or strong. But for those of you who doubt franky ... I'd just like to say I really wasn't to fond of ussop at first but slowly yet awesomly he's grown on me .... to a point where I'd hate to see the strawhats without him.
Well thats my 2cents so ... we'll see what happens later ....

mugen
October 05, 2006, 04:36 PM
even though it's abit too early to make a prediction cuz there's no one piece mext week :scry I'm going to have to say that this trully starting to make me think the shanks whitebeard arc is next

:offtopic is it just No One piece next week or is it bleach and naruto too?

nicole2daniell
October 05, 2006, 04:40 PM
don't get me wrong i prefer franky over paulie. i knew that everyone would compare the situation with sanji and stuff...but there is a huggggggggggggge different between them and franky. these situation is not the same as beating up a marine captian. heck it not even the same as helping the pirate king gol d roger in building a ship.
they attack enies lobby. not only that luffy openly declare war on the world government. all the marines there know franky's family faces and all think that they are luffy crewmen....ohh heck...what his face that is part of franky's family declare that they are all strawhat pirates crew. sense all the marines there saw there face joining iceburg company is not a choice...unless iceburg want to get charge with helping out the pirates. iceburg might be able to protect them....i guess...but compare to the power of the world government even iceburg can't protect them or himself.
the world government will try to erase luffy and anyone that is connect to him.

so now the quetion is will franky part way with his family to join with strawhat? knowing that his family will be in danger?
if by chance franky part way with his family and the world government don't even bother to go after his family to regain there honor but just the strawhat crew....i would fine that really idiotic. if that is the case oda isn't giving much life to the government...but then again it his manga he can do whatever he want with it.

Anti-panda
October 05, 2006, 06:45 PM
yeah but paulie didn't really do anything to make himself out as a threat to the govt. didn't beat any significant millitary officers or do anything really except show up and not die. He'll easily be over looked and overshadowed by the strawhats and franky.
Lets face it franky was obviously stationed with the strawhats come the end of this arc. Paulie however came riding in with the small and/or no name characters with iceburg at the end.
Let's face it Franky = Super......!!!

dfcarolinaguy
October 05, 2006, 10:19 PM
I believe we will see all of their new bounties, and i think the new member will be another girl like vivi or kalifa from CP9, i mean come on, we need another hot chick to join SH crew because two women is just not going to it

DesiSkull
October 06, 2006, 03:09 AM
R.I.P Merry. you will be missed by all who reads One Piece.
bounties will come later. it will take time. first will come the process of getting the new ship and franky joining the crew.
PS its more than obivious that paulie wont be joining the crew but i dont know why some fans keep thinking that.
* i wanna see the new ship as soon as possible*

stoopider
October 06, 2006, 10:31 AM
It's going to be Franky. THey even got his past story and stuff. Paulie, maybe Paulie would take over the Franky Crew as the leader.

The problem about Frankies crew is that their all criminals. Because they all participated in the attack of the island. So I reckon they cannot stay in Water7 anymore. They'll have to leave. Paulie might become the captain, and all of them including Oimo and Kaashi I think will sail the seas.

Only maybe Iceburg would stay behind.

presunto
October 06, 2006, 01:53 PM
Sure its franky, no doubt of that.. because of hole adventure and because of his caracteristics (he's not normal, he's like special, like others SH crew members)

i want to see the bounties.. hope next chap. shows it. :D

Debu
October 06, 2006, 04:23 PM
Oda ties up loose ends nice and quick! Here most of us were saying "Man, I hope we eventually find out how the heck Merry got there" and it was the next chapter.

Keeping with this, I think (as we all seem to do) that he'll start tying up what's left: getting a new ship and a new nakama.

I'm banking on Franky joining. Franky has so much more potential than Paulie, he has a lot to give to the crew (a ship), and the crew has a lot to give to him: his power is dependent on cola, so maybe Sanji can mix him up something extra powerful, and he's a cyborg, so maybe Usopp's technical know-how and dials can boost him, too.

As for the new boat, I don't think the Pluton is built and waiting for them. Because of this, I didn't like the idea of Franky having gone and spent the 200MB on building it. However, here's one way I'd be happy to see it go:

<place your bets>
Franky spent the SH's money to build the Pluton, but he can't complete it, either because he doesn't have some rare, necessary part or because the plans aren't complete. It's enough to sail on, and it's a great ship, but not nearly as good as it could be. So their next mission is to find the missing part or the poneglyph that will be the final missing piece. He goes with them to complete it; only in the SHs does he see the possibility for his dream of building the ultimate ship to come true.
</place your bets>

As for the boat itself, I think it will be only slightly larger than Merry. Small, nimble, but powerful, just like the crew.

Remember from way back (1st or 2nd episode), Luffy said he figured a crew of 10 would be just right? Well, if you count Franky, fugly mermaid and the kids, that's 10! Could the crew be complete?? I don't see why the kids and mermaid would stick around, though. I'd rather have the giants :)

presunto
October 06, 2006, 04:41 PM
Remember from way back (1st or 2nd episode), Luffy said he figured a crew of 10 would be just right? Well, if you count Franky, fugly mermaid and the kids, that's 10! Could the crew be complete?? I don't see why the kids and mermaid would stick around, though. I'd rather have the giants :)

I don't think mermaid and the kids will go with him.. they will say like "no, we'll stay here as always, taking care of we have to take" and only frank will go with them. 1 person per adventure is enought.. oda always did that, SH pirates can't grow up that quikly, so 1 is enought to everyone get usual with him. and SURE it's franky, NO doubts about it... everyone is habituated with him already, he got one big battle (against CP9) just to him and a flashback too.. he has special characteristics like the others on crew.. want more than that to be sure franky is the ONLY one to go with them? :) i bet it.

Good ideia... this "complete the ship" mission would be great as next adventure.. it would be like "lets repair the ship" mission, that becomes this great enies lobby thing.

mrhazuki
October 06, 2006, 05:31 PM
If Franky would've wanted to build Pulton why didn't he save the prints and not burn them? I think he wants to build a ship by his own hands.

And that Pulton isn not already built is there no doubt about. To build it you need someone that can read the prints, and thats Robins place. No way it's already built.

+ One more argument about that Franky will join is, he has already spoken about his dream like every other member have. He want's to build a ship of some kind.

blacksylph
October 06, 2006, 07:04 PM
If Franky would've wanted to build Pulton why didn't he save the prints and not burn them? I think he wants to build a ship by his own hands.

And that Pulton isn not already built is there no doubt about. To build it you need someone that can read the prints, and thats Robins place. No way it's already built.

+ One more argument about that Franky will join is, he has already spoken about his dream like every other member have. He want's to build a ship of some kind.

You don't need Robin to read those blueprint... Robin is needed to read Poneglyph stone...not a blueprint....
In fact.... Franky wants to build it...since long ago.....so it's possible that he already build it in secret before he burnt the blueprint...which will be strawhat new ship..

DesiSkull
October 06, 2006, 08:10 PM
for what i think. as franky joins the crew and they get the new ship. so while they are sailing together. franky will make upgrades to the ship weapons and those upgrade could very well be based on Pulton. he wont build the pulton itself. he knows better.

mfzfadzli
October 06, 2006, 09:52 PM
damn sad chapter... plus i finished watching sad japanese story... nvmnd... is it necessary for going merry reincarnation... + with robin ability to revive the pluton... can she revived going merry instead of pluton... ha ha ha... jst came with a crazy thought :P

franky will be the mechanic of the SH crew! he is awesome + he is quite fun person too... ha ha... actually i think howe much will SH crew bounty will rise??!

princeandrew01
October 06, 2006, 10:37 PM
Alot of loose ends got tied up quickly. But there are still a few things to finish up. First off where the strawhats going to get a new ship from. I have a sort of theory although i think it was posted somewhere around these forums so excuse me if its not too original. What did Franky spend all that money on? If i remember correctly he went on the sea train and we know that the sea train not only connects to EL but to a few other places. In fact probably franky was building it on another island because of the fact of Aqua L. So i figure either one of two things will happen:

1. Franky joins the crew and well the strawhats get the ship he built (i mean franky did want to get a ship that sailed all the way to the end so y not)

2. Franky rejoins the Franky family and gives the straw hats the ship cus he sees they are worth pirates blah blah blah.

I strongly believe in the first one but u never know. Another reason i am so convinced of this theory is that think about this, Water 7 and EL are connected or are pretty close at least, if the strawhats go to there to get a ship built for them (i seriously doubt iceberg and them had time to build one) chances are the government will come looking for them and probably try to stop the carpenters from finishing the ship. So thats my view let me know if i have a hole or someone else thought of something better.

P.S Can't wait to see the bounties minimum 80 mill and probably max 200~250 mill

DesiSkull
October 07, 2006, 01:13 AM
i think franky was already building the ship even before SH crew showd up there. and the money FF stole from them and franky might have used it to finish that ship. and im not sayin its pulton. but he did have the blue prints. so he might have build a shop similar to it. so if thats true and franky gives the ship to luffy than franky being the memeber of the crew is automatic. cuz since he build it they gonna wanna have franky be with them so he can fix it when it needs to be.

bax
October 07, 2006, 02:36 AM
Agreed with DesiSkull. It won't be one of the ancient weapons. Franky dream is to build a ship that can sail to the end of the world. It won't be appropriate to his dream if he build something that alreadt has a name and blueprint. He will build his own ship with Iceburg's help of course. Since, building a new ship doesn't mean that he'll build it bu himself from scratch. He jut needs to create the blue print of it.

bakashijinsan
October 07, 2006, 06:23 AM
agreed. if there was one thing that franky would really want to do. it's to build his deam ship. perhaps the franky family also shared his dream that's why they're aiming to get that 200 million beri. and as a side dish, maybe the franky family likes to be a shipwright but they figured they can't enter galley la being outlaws and all but they saw a glimmer of hope to fulfill their dream if they're with franky. at one time in the past, maybe franky said to the family, "let's build our dream ship to achieve our dreams" and stuff.

i'm really betting that the 200 million beri will be in some way somewhat beneficial to the strawhat crew as opposed of them losing the money to suit other's purpose. coz i really think that whatever franky bought with it, it's something to prepare for the new ship for the SH crew!

o...predictions...predictions...

a sad comeback to water 7, sogeking would still stay covert under luffy and chopper's eyes, preparation for the new ship, perhaps franky would divulge his plans, a few confrontations with franky, and i'm seeing the last page as a revelation on how to get a new ship via franky and iceburg.

faithziler
October 07, 2006, 09:53 AM
i think franky will definitely become the SH crew. and as for their ship, franky will help them to build it with his own idea. he's a genius when it comes to inventing ship. remember those ships with weapons he used to build when he was little?

Feragoner
October 07, 2006, 04:51 PM
Luffy alorso want a musician or ans artist (well somtheing like thaht lol)

He was saying this in the forst épisode in the series...

So maybe after Franky thsi will ber the new Nakama hehe

Weel maybe oin the next chapter we will see somekind of a new ship and maybe the bounties...

And im also wandering what happen to Hattori..the CP9 Bird... :eyeroll :eyeroll

princeandrew01
October 07, 2006, 06:39 PM
U know everyone saying thi sstuff about pluton i agree with all of u guys when u all say that franky wudnt have built pluton. First off i think franky wants to be original second off y copy soemthing that was great before when u cud build one better all the strawhats strive to become "the best" at wat they want i dont see franky as any different

Anti-panda
October 07, 2006, 10:56 PM
Franky learned his lesson about building overly destructive ships when he was young and Cp9 used them to attack tom and water 7 so I think he's smart enough to realize that something that dangerous doesn't need to exist ... Instead I think he's built a ship cappable of sailing the entire world...
Now listen when I explain.. meaning a ship cappable of sailing any sea and taking any punishment the world can dish out... Even Luffy.
Needless to say he will be going along to maintain and repair it as needed.

Something as needlessly destructive as the ancient weapon .. Pluton ... would not fit the strawhats overall personality at all. .. They'll get something a little (and I mean little) bit bigger than The Merry but overall faster maybe more manuverable and with slightly more of a traditional pirate look to it.

jeffhmwong
October 07, 2006, 11:57 PM
-Fanky will join the crew
-Going to be a sad farewel between him and his previous crew.
-But before that there will be a really happening celebration. I can guarantee that..!!!

UchiHaIviN
October 08, 2006, 03:54 PM
I think Franky need the money to build a combat boat for him (like the ones he build when he was a child)... the 2 million beli he stole from ussop and hes going to gift that boat to SH and hes going to join the crew as the new mechanic... XD

Foxhound-86
October 08, 2006, 05:09 PM
Well, a combat boat dosn't fit to sh. It will be something like marry, just a little bit bigger, maybe faster, can take more damage, ore something like that. I wouldn't mind if the new ship would look similar to Marry even if they named it Marry 2. I don't care.

Oda knows what he do and it will definitiv make sense, more or less *g*

phantomzero
October 08, 2006, 10:10 PM
In my opinion there are two things that might happen.

1) Their next ship is a large battleship that has some of Plutons concepts built in. This ship won't be as powerful as the real pluton, but will still be very powerful, which as many people have already pointed out, doesn't fit the SH crew's personality. Since this ship is so big, The entire Franky Family will come with them because a ship of that size can't be maintained by just 8 people.

or

2) They get a small ship that will be built based on many of the concepts that were used to build Pluton. Franky goes with them and he helps maintain the ship. He then chooses the family member that uses the bazooka to succeed him as head of the family.

The two giants will definately head to Little Garden to get back their captains.

Anti-panda
October 08, 2006, 11:49 PM
I don't get why everyone wants the strawhats to have a pluton or pluton-esque ship. It really doesnt fit in to the strawhats style or what onepiece is all about .... And well it's realatively unorigional ... I mean every set of pirates has a big bad ship... but here come the really "bad" strawhat pirates on this happy little ship. I hope oda sensei gives us something unique instead of something destructive... ( which I bet he will!) But It will not be a going merry 2 ... That would sully the name of the merry by replacing it with some CHEAP rip-off.

bakashijinsan
October 09, 2006, 10:13 AM
yep i completely agree with Anti-Panda. anything that looks or suggests war/battle/brutality doesn't really suit the fun crew of the strawhats. i believe it'll be a simple one maybe a faster and sturdy one than merry that could take on waves and waves of the sea. remember, franky's dream was to build a ship that could sail the world.

and franky learned his lesson in creating battleships. i don;t think he'll be up to it again. Ice burg won't forgive him and i believe his guilt over Tom's crime won't push him to create a battleship.

The Boff
October 09, 2006, 02:14 PM
i really think Franky will join the SH. but not in the way that seems most logical, he's a shipwright and he helped them kick ass and stuff. remember that luffy is still pissed at him for what he did against usopp.
so first of all Luffy and Usopp needs to fix their problems. and when theyve done that i guess some kind of situation coming up that shows Franky wanting to join. But luffy says somehing like :"i may have made up with Usopp but it was still your fault" and that makes franky sad, and this makes him whip out his guitar and starting to sing: Pirate Captain pride.

when Luffy sees this. all other stuff will be forgotten. cause he just found his musician :D

but thats probably not in 431.. in 431 they will... do stuff. like going back to water 7 and fix their wounds.

Foxhound-86
October 09, 2006, 02:53 PM
Well i like your prediction, only thinking about it make me smile...

And i think it would take 4 to 6 chapter to solve all problems.
the last one will probably show the new bounties.

One question: Is there a new one on wednesday?

venicia777
October 09, 2006, 05:46 PM
Well i like your prediction, only thinking about it make me smile...

And i think it would take 4 to 6 chapter to solve all problems.
the last one will probably show the new bounties.

One question: Is there a new one on wednesday?

what do you mean by a new one? are you talking about when the manga will come out? or if a new bounty will be released in the next chapter release?

manga usually comes on thursdays but once in a while we get it on wednesdays.

I am really stomped on what to predict for this chapter. For one i am sure though that the SH's will board iceburgs ship. And at least luffy and chopper and ussop/sogeking will get to dancing around it and celebrating. we should get a chat b.n robin and probably iceburg- those guys will need bonding. and the crew heads back to W7. Franky should probably meet up with his crew. i wonder how long it will take him to decide to go with the mugiwara's!!!

franky will be a mugiwara- yay :whoo

bebekhappy
October 09, 2006, 09:56 PM
awh man...i really can't wait for the next chapter to come out...i really tired assuming what will happens

but maybe next chapter won't be suprising enough...ummm perhaps those grampas from WG will show up again. or Aokiji will show up again? who knows

Sirromnad
October 09, 2006, 10:27 PM
Ok, i'm gunna pick something different from you all. I say that the rope guy(i can't remember his name for the life of me) will join. Why? Because he was the only ship fixer guy there that wasn't in cp9. But hey, thats what i think. Franky makes more sense. Since he is stronger and helped out the SH's so much. But hey. Whatever man.

venicia777
October 09, 2006, 10:43 PM
Ok, i'm gunna pick something different from you all. I say that the rope guy(i can't remember his name for the life of me) will join. Why? Because he was the only ship fixer guy there that wasn't in cp9. But hey, thats what i think. Franky makes more sense. Since he is stronger and helped out the SH's so much. But hey. Whatever man.

that is paulie for you. Dont forget that iceburg was and is also a shipbuilder, and tileston
+ the other dude. although galleyla has tons of workers or shipbuilders those few that we were shown including cp9 look to be the best they had.

anyways, i think it is possible that paulie could go with the strawhats. But i believe he is more loyal to iceburg. And would probably wish to help him rebuild galleyla company again ( remember galleyla's offices got burned pretty bad and has lost the expertise of cp9if my memory serves me right).

Franky probably posesses a much more stronger dislike of the WG and thus may have a better inclination to go with the strawhats; leaving the franky family behind in the process- if he does i wonder if they will follow him (that will surely change the landscape and image of the mugiwara crew). what a difficult decision that will be- we are sure to see franky cry.

Sirromnad
October 09, 2006, 10:48 PM
Thats true. But when the cp9 members revealed themself the first thing i thought was paulie is there new member. But as the story played out i think it could be franky or paulie. But ya, paulie seems pretty loyal to the rest and will probably stay back.

venicia777
October 09, 2006, 11:02 PM
Thats true. But when the cp9 members revealed themself the first thing i thought was paulie is there new member. But as the story played out i think it could be franky or paulie. But ya, paulie seems pretty loyal to the rest and will probably stay back.

Well apart from the reason(s) i gave above
One of the other reasons why i also opted for Franky is because he owes the mugiwara's Money. about nihakumanbeli- right? was it over 200 hundred million beli that he stole?
Since He has seen Merry go down, he will probably now see the need for the mugiwara crew to have a ship. That should set his guilty conscience ticking- :loool.

another is that franky promised to build a ship- and i think his idea of a ship will definately suit the mugiwara's well. He will probably want to help build a ship for the crew probably with Iceburg. and may want to sail with the crew afterwards- to see to the management of his best creation

and not forgetting my other reason is that his attitude suits that of the crew very well. His guitar, his crying and singing, and his strength, pretty much mugiwara style for me.

manu
October 09, 2006, 11:30 PM
NOooooo I don't want Franky to be the Straw Hats musician. For me the musician is the final member. If Franky is the musician then I think that Luffy's crew is complete. He'll probably stop wanting more people... Of course that doesn't mean one piece will end with Franky joining but I never imagined the cast to get this big. After Franky joins though i wouldn't mind to see them start fighting some pirates god dammit. How long has it been since they've fought a bad to the bone pirate. Wampol was a king, Crocodile was "reformed", Enel was "God", and the WG is well the WG. I guess we can count the fox dude but lately i've been itching for a good pirate fight unlike the one with spring boy. Maybe Blackbeard's crew? They look interesting, though really small.

Sirromnad
October 09, 2006, 11:32 PM
I think fighting the WG is a bit more impressive.

But well venicia - You are right. It makes a lot more sense for franky to join =).

manu
October 10, 2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah fighting with the World Government makes Straw Hats one of the badasses of all pirates just because they are the closest to revealing there dark secrets. But does Luffy care? No so neither do I. I'm sure the History Nico wants to discover has a lot to do with discovering One Piece since Gold Roger knew the History also. Does that make Pluton a part of discovering One piece also? See now i'm confusing myself :darn The world government is sending two of their prized pirates i'm sure but it might be three. The new revolution guy, the dude with bear in his name and maybe Blackbeard are going to be commisioned hopefully to take on StrawHat. Which is fine by me because they are pirates which will lead Luffy closer to Shanks ^^.

LionBriefs
October 10, 2006, 05:19 AM
I think Franky will not join the crew. For me, he is a character like Vivi. The last time he was like a part of the crew but I think now its over. Besides, its "Robin's Story". Now its sure that she is a part of the Crew (a little bit the same as Nami).
I dont say that I'm right! I could be wrong, but its my opinion.

Best wishes, Lion ^^

vasiley
October 10, 2006, 05:37 AM
i think the next chapter will :

1. all of the SH crew and galley-la crew will back to water seven
2. iceberg will ask luffy about new ship
3. new bounty from WG for SH crew ( i think luffy bounty will increase greatly)
4. Franky will join the crew

well, that's for me

zutto06
October 10, 2006, 05:57 AM
Perhaps, the new member to join the crew will be another ship. NOT Franky or any of the Water 7 citizens.

Like how Straw Hat lost a crew member, "Going Merry".

Another thing I think is if Franky does join the crew, maybe his whole family joins too. Looking at group like Red Hair Shank, he got a whole crew, and only like 4 member ever mention, rest are followers.

Sirromnad
October 10, 2006, 06:06 AM
Perhaps, the new member to join the crew will be another ship. NOT Franky or any of the Water 7 citizens.

Like how Straw Hat lost a crew member, "Going Merry".

Another thing I think is if Franky does join the crew, maybe his whole family joins too. Looking at group like Red Hair Shank, he got a whole crew, and only like 4 member ever mention, rest are followers.

That's not really The strawhats style though. They never seemed the type to have a slew of nameless crew members.

Varius
October 10, 2006, 06:11 AM
Hello I"m new this is my first PM
I"ll try to predict :::::::::
Luffy Gang + Franky will go with the mermaid MoMMa to the merman island n then they will fight another shichibukai name " JiNBee" n get a hold a superb ship on the island . n how do they get there ...BaKaBurg give them a ride with the GaLLeY La ... etc??
Well that it....................................................................................................................................
Hashiridase..hashiridase.. .... ... ... ... ...

LionBriefs
October 10, 2006, 06:29 AM
I agree to Sirromnad post. Its really not the Strawhat Style!... Besides if Franky join ok, but his whole Family??? No, that will never happen... and should it happen - I scream!!! XD No no, I dont believe that.

bakashijinsan
October 10, 2006, 06:56 AM

nope. it really is near impossible for the franky family to join the SH crew. and everything is pointing to franky joining the crew. franky's character suits very well with the crazy SH crew. he's a shipwright which is the SH next target for recruitment. there is also the history of franky being told. i mean, you wouldn't waste speads of paper to draw manga and panels of animation to tell the history of a certain character just for the heck of it. Vivi wasn't given a flashback like that and how did it end u with her? she didn't join.

Sirromnad
October 10, 2006, 08:35 AM
Vivi had some backstory. Remember the parts about her and the leader of the rebel army as kids, also her and wapol. So she had some backstory.

manu
October 10, 2006, 08:51 AM
Also the Giants on the island had a backstory but I;m still rooting for Franky to join on this one.

bakashijinsan
October 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
but not as elaborate as franky? did you see there in that backstory of vivi as much as what you saw with the the other recruits like sanji, nami, chopper and robin?

what i'm saying is, franky is an important character to be given a flashback on how he was then with tom until how he turned out to be right now at present. that means, he will be an integral part of the crew. vivi's and the giants' flashback are nothing compared to franky's.

i knew you were going to point out that flashback about wapol and vivi.

Also the Giants on the island had a backstory but I;m still rooting for Franky to join on this one.

vivi and the giants had this flashback because it was necessary for the story to be understood. like in vivi, the flashback was for the readers to know the relationship of vivi, her courage and the drum kingdom as well as the Bison guy (forgot his name)
as for the giants, we all know why they got flashbacks. they spiced up the story a bit so to say.

Sirromnad
October 10, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hehe, that predictable? =).

Your right but, you did say vivi wasn't given a flashback so... just wanted to state that she did. It was obvious vivi wasn't joining the crew...she had a mission to accomplish and she did. A princess can't leave her country like that.

Dark Zeza
October 10, 2006, 10:30 AM
nope. it really is near impossible for the franky family to join the SH crew. and everything is pointing to franky joining the crew. franky's character suits very well with the crazy SH crew. he's a shipwright which is the SH next target for recruitment. there is also the history of franky being told. i mean, you wouldn't waste speads of paper to draw manga and panels of animation to tell the history of a certain character just for the heck of it. Vivi wasn't given a flashback like that and how did it end u with her? she didn't join.

I agreed with you, Franky will join without his families, since large group of pirates would not fit the image of straw hat crew, easy going, few members and every one have their own speciality, and strong. Franky will fit.

Hehe, that predictable? =).

Your right but, you did say vivi wasn't given a flashback so... just wanted to state that she did. It was obvious vivi wasn't joining the crew...she had a mission to accomplish and she did. A princess can't leave her country like that.

Yea, the reason she could not leave is because she have important task to do, since she is the princess and very important to her country.

In my opinion, she did not have any position in the crew if she join, and she was not that powerful though. Compare to Franky, Luffy need someone to maintain the status of the ship, so that's why he will join.

blacksylph
October 10, 2006, 10:47 AM
There are another reason why Franky should join aside for maintain the new ship....
since Franky burned pluton's blueprint, and Robin is alive.... it's become Franky's responsibility to watchout Robin from getting caught from WG

manu
October 10, 2006, 11:21 AM
Ok i know that I have absolutely nothing to support this but i have to bring this up. Like you said how Franky has to protect Ribon I think that maybe those two bond more. Already they showed how they find it easy to communicate so I'm hoping that if Oda ever shows how romance that those two hook up. People thought that maybe Zoro and Robin hook up but I always say Zoro with another swordsman. As for the rest of the crew Ussop is probably going back to his home island just like his father only to have a child with Kaya and then live her. For the rest of the crew I don't see anything between them.

Dark Zeza
October 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
There are another reason why Franky should join aside for maintain the new ship....
since Franky burned pluton's blueprint, and Robin is alive.... it's become Franky's responsibility to watchout Robin from getting caught from WG

Never think of it. But yea, since you mentioned it, I think it might be one of the reason he is joining. Franky put all his bet in Straw Hat winning, by burning blueprint. So right now the only person who can revive the weapon is Robin, Franky might want to continue protecting her after the fight in EL too.

Ok i know that I have absolutely nothing to support this but i have to bring this up. Like you said how Franky has to protect Ribon I think that maybe those two bond more. Already they showed how they find it easy to communicate so I'm hoping that if Oda ever shows how romance that those two hook up. People thought that maybe Zoro and Robin hook up but I always say Zoro with another swordsman. As for the rest of the crew Ussop is probably going back to his home island just like his father only to have a child with Kaya and then live her. For the rest of the crew I don't see anything between them.

I dont see any romance in the crew, but I hope there will be one.

infyquest
October 10, 2006, 01:19 PM
Romance spoils the entire fun and it makes the plot quite complicated.
The manga is supposed to be a comedy-action manga :P

Sirromnad
October 10, 2006, 02:26 PM
If there is the addition of romance it would be towards the end of the series.

Anti-panda
October 10, 2006, 03:42 PM
Romance spoils the entire fun and it makes the plot quite complicated.
The manga is supposed to be a comedy-action manga :P

Hear hear ... Right on the money ... any I mean any romance would spoil one piece. It's not that kinda manga. And plus Thier not friends they are Family. So I hope no romance ever among the strawhats ... for that matter I could do without it entirely, If ya want that kinda stuff go read Love Hina, Inuyasha, or all the 7million other generic romance manga's out there.

deadpool002
October 10, 2006, 06:56 PM
Didn't Oda himself say that he wasn't planning on any romance in the series?

Anyway... Next chapter looks to be more closing of the arc and maybe forshadowing of the next story arc.

bakashijinsan
October 10, 2006, 10:16 PM

plus the fact that he is now wanted by the government for past crimes and the chaos he caused EL with the SH.

venicia777
October 10, 2006, 10:43 PM

Nice idea- a sort of protective brother or nakama- eh!- good. Franky may think like that. ofc he already protected her from Spandam. Although i think the SH's already do a better job at protecting her and each other. i even expect Robin to do the protection here-- she may have to protect franky

plus the fact that he is now wanted by the government for past crimes and the chaos he caused EL with the SH.

Another Pretty nice idea.
Although i think that if he is wanted by the WG shouldnt his best option be to vanish into hiding like he did earlier (even spandam thought he was dead)? wont staying with the strawhats make it easier for the WG to track him down?

bakashijinsan
October 10, 2006, 11:44 PM
Although i think that if he is wanted by the WG shouldnt his best option be to vanish into hiding like he did earlier (even spandam thought he was dead)? wont staying with the strawhats make it easier for the WG to track him down?

yeah that would be best but seeing how WG was able to get information here and there, it wouldn't really do much if he goes into hiding. he was able to hide back then because he was presumed dead and when he came back he was a whole different person.

maybe franky would think the way zoro thought when he joined luffy. "i'm considered a criminial by the governemnt, might as well join the criminals"

venicia777
October 11, 2006, 12:07 AM
maybe franky would think the way zoro thought when he joined luffy. "i'm considered a criminial by the governemnt, might as well join the criminals"

hahahahaa!!! how did i know you were going to say that. or is it wish. Well, saying it that way is better- it surely makes your point more convincing.

Anti-panda
October 11, 2006, 12:47 AM
Hmm... a offhand comment got me thinking what is the order of operations (so to speak of the strawhats.)
But i do suppose that thier might be a romance between robin and franky ... huh???? but wait it's not a romance it's a love triangle...
there is obviously something between Robin and Chopper....
There ya go .. scandal

XD
God I hope people realize I'm joking....
and If after that you dont realize I'm joking ... Seek professional help.

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 01:06 AM
hahahahaa!!! how did i know you were going to say that. or is it wish. Well, saying it that way is better- it surely makes your point more convincing.

it's a way of saying i'm a man and i can accept anything you throw at me even if you're the king of the world! we men are such foolish creatures who'll do anything for his male pride.

@Anti-Panda

*doesn't realize still that you're joking* :pwned <<*does this to myself* :XD

Dark Zeza
October 11, 2006, 01:07 AM
Hear hear ... Right on the money ... any I mean any romance would spoil one piece. It's not that kinda manga. And plus Thier not friends they are Family. So I hope no romance ever among the strawhats ... for that matter I could do without it entirely, If ya want that kinda stuff go read Love Hina, Inuyasha, or all the 7million other generic romance manga's out there.

Ok, sometime I just want to see some romance in One Piece, like Rave, Kenshin or Kyo, etc. But without any romance it's fine with me because I will still love One Piece. That's what make One Piece unique. :)

The Piece
October 11, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well, a chapter would be too short for Odasama to reveal the bounties for mugiwara pirates. But I still want to say smthing bout it. I think their bounties would rise tremendously. Especially Luffy. I think it'll be around 200,000,000 or smthing. Anyhow, Im not quite agree with Nagash. I think Sanji deserves more on his bounty. He beat the 3rd strongest CP9, wasnt he? [br]Posted on: October 11, 2006, 11:03:30 AM_________________________________________________Hey, dont u guys think that Luffy would evolve his technique again? or at least he'll perfect his tecnique, since he said he was not yet used to the gears. I'm more to the evolution. It'll nice to see a few other gears. Al least five. he he he. :tem

rocklee87
October 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
i dont know if its already been said but if their was romance between zolo and someone it would be takeshi (i think thats her name) smokers lt. who looks like his childhood rival/crush(he liked it when she grabbed her chest haha)

and i honestly wonder if sanji will ever get a bounty, he always dissappears like when they where fighting all of those captains and stuff he wasnt their, maybe a running gag could e no matter what he does he will never get a bounty

ndi_k88
October 11, 2006, 01:45 PM
Well, a chapter would be too short for Odasama to reveal the bounties for mugiwara pirates. But I still want to say smthing bout it. I think their bounties would rise tremendously. Especially Luffy. I think it'll be around 200,000,000 or smthing. Anyhow, Im not quite agree with Nagash. I think Sanji deserves more on his bounty. He beat the 3rd strongest CP9, wasnt he?

yea he was and actually he deserve to have high bounty too because he always beat the 3rd strongest enemies of SH,but it's not necessery after all other than zoro. because zoro purpose is to become strongest swordman so he need more bounty to prove he is strong enough.
for prediction i predict that it will be franky matter and also ship matter.i hope the new ship look normal and cool.u know that alot strange thing happen between OP,lol

rocklee87
October 11, 2006, 02:01 PM
someone predicted a sub since they have shuch high bounties it might be smart to hide the ship underwater....the only prob. is they wouldnt like hiding

Sirromnad
October 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
Sanji is a beast.

When they get new bounties there's will probably be the highest ever... They did something no one has done before.

Unless of course they want to keep the whole thing a secret....

bobossp
October 11, 2006, 02:55 PM
hey, when it comes to bounty...is joker's signature for real or not ?? we can see the new bounties on it... :S

The Boff
October 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
hey, when it comes to bounty...is joker's signature for real or not ?? we can see the new bounties on it... :S

no dude, theyre fanmade. no bounties have been set for the mugiwaras yet. so you havent missed anything.

Freakzin
October 11, 2006, 04:13 PM
i know this isnt a prediction, but when is the next chapter comin anyone know, im a new user, but i always
got to see what happend by tuesday or wednesday, is there like a day that it releases?

Foxhound-86
October 11, 2006, 04:36 PM
Well i read something about the next chapter in an other forum. It seems like that in this week isn't a new chapter issued. I think we have to wait till next week... :darn

I hope i am wrong :) can't wait anymore...

Hermie
October 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
Yes, there are rumors going around that this weeks Jump will be without an OP chapter. (from among others, The Touch and Ritual Scan Forge...)

We'll just have to wait and see. =)

rocklee87
October 11, 2006, 05:21 PM
ahh crap i believe it they need time to recover from the awesomeness of the last arc

bebekhappy
October 11, 2006, 06:21 PM
Yes, there are rumors going around that this weeks Jump will be without an OP chapter. (from among others, The Touch and Ritual Scan Forge...)

What???? :blink....NoOoOOo...
i really can't wait for the next chapter :oh

Terry-Kun
October 11, 2006, 09:01 PM
I can´t wait the next chapter too, I-m soo curious about what comes next!!!!
Let´s wait....

thejackass98
October 11, 2006, 11:46 PM
NOOOoooo sanji has to get a bounty this time atleast or i hope

Clewalent
October 12, 2006, 01:18 AM
NObodies discussing Zoro's sword....
He only have 2 swords now...

Dark Zeza
October 12, 2006, 01:50 AM
There is a thread discussing about Zoro's new sword in Tree of Knowledge forum.

Is it only One Piece that dont come out this week?

bakashijinsan
October 12, 2006, 05:34 AM
There is a thread discussing about Zoro's new sword in Tree of Knowledge forum.

Is it only One Piece that dont come out this week?

yeah! i believe so. as what Hermie said above.

Ian
October 12, 2006, 08:19 AM
I don't know why everyone is keen on Franky joining the crew, I really don't think he is going too.

mlandry
October 12, 2006, 09:01 AM
^^ same, I've thought the rope-using fellow would be joining ever since the story arc started, and it would make more sense if he joined... I think franky needs to join Galley-La since they lost a lot of their "employees" AKA CP9, I just think it would fit the story better for Franky & Co to stay there.

dysha_84
October 12, 2006, 09:09 AM
well,i dun think so franky didnt join luffy and his crew...do u guys remember? each of the member have their own dreams...same to franky...furthermore, franky helping luffy fight with the CP9....and sure luffy ask franky to join them...franky sure join luffy and the franky brothers will join the Galley-La....

Ian
October 12, 2006, 09:31 AM
I'm sure Franky will join as a nakama like Vivi but, he won't join them on the ship.

Bartserk
October 12, 2006, 09:54 AM
About the bounties, I think only Sanji and Franky will obtain one. Franky (provided he will obviously join the crew) because of the Pluton blueprint issue, and Sanji because he did very impressive things in this arc: he infiltrated the train and freed Usopp and Franky, he beat the shit out of lots of the train's ocupees, and he beat the third strongest CP9, Jyabura. And I think the others won't still have a bounty because it's just like in the Arabasta arc: only the characters that did impressive things (luffy for smashing Croc and Zoro for getting the infamous Mr.1 and cleaning Whiskey Peak) got themselves a bounty, but they all fought greatly. In this arc, of course Zoro and Luffy did impressive things too, so they will get their bounty pumped up, and also Sanji and Franky will get their own. The others will probably have to wait I fear ;p

About Franky, isn't is obvious that he's going to join permanently? Remember, the main purpose for the strawhats to go to Galley-LA wasn't not only to get Merry repaired, but to get a SHIPWRIGHT to join the crew. Between all the shipwrights in Galley-LA, do you see anyone who is worth joining the crew that isn't Franky? And not Paulie, ffs. Paulie is not much more than a plain character, since he joined the attack to the Gates of Justice he hasn't done anything apart from being captured and escaping sneakily all the time. And the same for the other shipwright, the one of the weird beard. The other characters all did great things before joining, even Robin who was with the enemy managed to betray Crocodile by not telling him the location of the weapon. Then the only remaining one is Iceburg. He has already fulfilled his dream, working as a honorable shipwright and doesn't have any intention of joining a pirate crew. And of course, Lucci and Kaku are already out of the list. At first I thought Kaku would join the crew, but the plot turnings made me see this wasn't possible. And it's a pity because Kaku is cool even after him losing to Zoro, but he's in the tower of justice and he'll remain there. So, only Franky remains! What is clear is that this situation is similar to the Baratie arc, where Sanji joined. At first it seemed he wouldn't join, but he ended up doing so. The crew came for a shipwright and they will leave with a shipwright, the only remaining option, Franky. There will be a tearjerking goodbye and let's go to the next arc. To me it's as clear as water ;p

Edit: ps: I forgot to mention it! Most people said franky wouldn't join because he hasn't still shown his own dreams and illusions. I'm pretty sure he will soon do it. The goodbye to Merry will have probably touched his heart to the limit, and the words of Iceburg saying that this pirate ship has had an impressive life will give him enough curiosity to see if that's true.

The Boff
October 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
And not Paulie, ffs. Paulie is not much more than a plain character, since he joined the attack to the Gates of Justice he hasn't done anything apart from being captured and escaping sneakily all the time.

? dude... the three shipwrights from galley la has been one of the most valuable assets for the entire attack on Enies Lobby. theyve held the houbantai at bay and fought many many of the islands main force. keeping the marines off the Mugiwaras. without them the entire attack would have been seriously crippled. and without Franky and his rope the entire Franky Family would be dead, so would the giants and Sodom and Gomorrah. So Frankys done a lot of good. will he join the Mugiwaras? i dont know. is it possible? yes. im just saying that anything can happen in that world. Oda is an unpredictable dude. :D

dysha_84
October 12, 2006, 10:21 AM
btw....franky will join the SH crew...and guess what...he fullfill the place for mechanic and musician....hahaha...franky good in singing neway....

angry
October 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
Edit: ps: I forgot to mention it! Most people said franky wouldn't join because he hasn't still shown his own dreams and illusions. I'm pretty sure he will soon do it. The goodbye to Merry will have probably touched his heart to the limit, and the words of Iceburg saying that this pirate ship has had an impressive life will give him enough curiosity to see if that's true.

His dream would be to create the greatest ship ever built? Thats maybe why he destroyed the plans, because he wants to built an even better ship? Something like that anyways..

The Piece
October 12, 2006, 11:23 AM
Hey, guys. Is it true that the'll be no OP for this week?! NO!!! that can't be!!! please, smone. Tell me why?!!

The Boff
October 12, 2006, 11:35 AM
Hey, guys. Is it true that the'll be no OP for this week?! NO!!! that can't be!!! please, smone. Tell me why?!!

i dont know why, but there probably wont be a release this week. im just as bummed about it as you dude. but there's always next week :D

bax
October 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
Well, we can expect a double chapter next week.

My last prediction for #431.

It seems like all the arguments will be settle next week. First, we'll see the suggestion on a new ship if not they have one already. Franky is absolutely gonna join SH. All talks in this chapter. And finally, the moment everyone is waiting at the end of the chapter. New Bounties!!

I don't expect something amazing in #431 except I'm excited to see the new ship and bounties. The end.

rocklee87
October 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
Well, we can expect a double chapter next week.

My last prediction for #431.

It seems like all the arguments will be settle next week. First, we'll see the suggestion on a new ship if not they have one already. Franky is absolutely gonna join SH. All talks in this chapter. And finally, the moment everyone is waiting at the end of the chapter. New Bounties!!

I don't expect something amazing in #431 except I'm excited to see the new ship and bounties. The end.

they do double chapters??? like longer ones???? i guess ive missed those

Hermie
October 12, 2006, 12:10 PM
Alright, the no-chapter thing is very confirmed now, but next week will bring color pages. :)

btw, I will not tolerate "omg i need the chapter ;___;" type agony spam. Try instead to make the most of the wait, speculate more, provide us with your thoughts. ^_^

Bartserk
October 12, 2006, 02:15 PM
? dude... the three shipwrights from galley la has been one of the most valuable assets for the entire attack on Enies Lobby. theyve held the houbantai at bay and fought many many of the islands main force. keeping the marines off the Mugiwaras. without them the entire attack would have been seriously crippled. and without Franky and his rope the entire Franky Family would be dead, so would the giants and Sodom and Gomorrah. So Frankys done a lot of good. will he join the Mugiwaras? i dont know. is it possible? yes. im just saying that anything can happen in that world. Oda is an unpredictable dude. :D

You probably meant Paulie, I guess ;p Well it isn't Paulie alone who did all this. It was Paulie + another shipwright + a crew of deadly scavengers + 2 kings of the seas + 2 giants. And even this way they got captured while Zoro, Nami and the other strawhat teammates made way through those plain soldiers so easily. It's true that Paulie saved that whole secondary team twice by freeing them and by saving them from the fall, but you can't compare it to Franky who beat Fukurou (in the most dirty way, I just love him ^^), helped a lot with the keys, took a mine burst (and survived) and saved Robin from being shot. Adding that he's much a better shipwright than Paulie as he learned directly from Tom, and that he's going to be searched by the WG as he's the last living person who might have a clue about the Pluton, to see that Franky's clearly the man. It's true that Oda is very unpredictable, but in this issue I suppose there's no other choice for him ^^

It's not that Paulie isn't cool, I think he is. But I think Paulie is a secondary character as could be Waipa from the Shandia arc. He was a great warrior, he managed to beat one of the priests, to kind of beat Enel and he kept up an interesting and even fight with Luffy, but in all moments it was clear that he would stay in Skypiea when the arc finished. Paulie is the same, he'll stay in Galley-LA, I would bet on it.

bobossp
October 12, 2006, 02:34 PM

no dude, theyre fanmade. no bounties have been set for the mugiwaras yet. so you havent missed anything.

thanks, it shook me to see that Franky had a higher bounty than Sanji :s hope his going to be as big as zorro's :p

The Boff
October 12, 2006, 02:40 PM
You probably meant Paulie, I guess ;p

damn damn damn.... i always mix those guys names together for some reason. yes i meant Paulie.

Anti-panda
October 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
^^ same, I've thought the rope-using fellow would be joining ever since the story arc started, and it would make more sense if he joined... I think franky needs to join Galley-La since they lost a lot of their "employees" AKA CP9, I just think it would fit the story better for Franky & Co to stay there.

you do realize your saying franky wont join because he needs to stay and help galley la and iceburg since they are now understaffed... but your saying paulie (Who is already a member of galley la will join the strawhats.) Im not saying your wrong but your logic is terribly flawed.

Ok I'm saying your wrong.
Franky has a dream paulie doesn't aside from staying and helping iceburg. Franky's over the top and crazy strong. Paulie is a prude and just slightly above average in strength ..... though it would be interesting to see someone replace Ussop as the mugiwara's weakest member (ussop aint weak just weak compared to most of the mugiwara's.) . XD lol

rocklee87
October 12, 2006, 06:55 PM
haha yeaa i have to agree

i will admit when the arc 1st started i thought that paulie was going to join, but now i think its franky because he is on their level strength wise and he had a troubled past...i guess his dream is to build the most powerful ship, and his family can help out Galley-la

Anti-panda
October 12, 2006, 08:08 PM
Truthfull sans the nose thing .. Initially I thought kaku was gonna join but it went from him to franky as soon as franky was introduced. Even through all the problems, I went this guy's freak'in great he has to be luffy's shipwright.

rocklee87
October 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
and really it would have to be franky or iceburg because they are the only one who can build or fix an entire ship, not just specific parts, i mean isnt pauile like masts only or something

thejackass98
October 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
darn jus read no OP this week cries out of all the manga i read this manga i cannot live without ahh dang oh well so the issure with franky i say he might as well join the SH and as for the franky family they could jus combine with the galley la and ice burg creatin a bigger company hehe also it will prolly have a dramatic goodbyes and all [br]Posted on: October 12, 2006, 10:59:31 PM_________________________________________________also i forgot to mention bout bounties most ppl will get the most the bounties and bout sanji i really hope his bounty is the same as zoro or atleast a difference of 6 m beli cuz lets see the third strongest CP9 member was only 20 douriki weaker than kaku hehe that be alll

may ad more i think

Anti-panda
October 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah but I also hear there is a double issue next week so ... yea! :noworry

oDGun
October 13, 2006, 12:07 AM
its allready friday, why there is no new episode? :(

bebekhappy
October 13, 2006, 12:18 AM
so there would no OP this week eh... :oh
and hope that double issue would be true :p

right now i only curious on what ship that they will get :eyeroll...just make wondering is it some kind of a galleon or maybe bigger type of caravel (Merry's type) with lots more power up than Merry.

I wish to see Shanks or the other next week it's been a long time since their last appearance

Sanji
October 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
all i can say about the next chapter is!

the Iceburg family with the Franky family will make a brand new ship for the Straw Hat Crew and the name of the ship will me Going MErry the II and the head of the ship will be different from the original one

but this Caravel type ship will be more POWER on it like some innovation aboard with the help of Franky's wild ideas and Usopp's creative ideas for the ship ^_^ ;) :amuse

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 02:55 AM
Yeah but I also hear there is a double issue next week so ... yea! :noworry

double issue! yay! this can definitely answer all the questions that the fans are looking for.

neild
October 13, 2006, 04:06 AM
I wanna say something about why Franky will join the Straw Hat Crew. On one of the interviews with the creater of One piece, Eichiro Oda, he said that if he was asked to create another manga besides one piece, what would it be? and you know what he answered: a robot manga! and guess what Franky is? yep he is a cyborg. So my guess is because Oda sensei probably will not create a robot manga anytime soon, he'll just incorporate Franky's half human half robot character into one piece series to fullfill one of his dream. so...besides that in conclusion ,my prediction for the next chapter is Franky will definetly join the crew because he has a dream to achieve, he is funny and like to have fun (similiar to usopp,luffy, and chopper)..so i think he will blend right in..besides he can sing..so he is a part time shipwright and musician/singer...hahaha2

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 04:16 AM
yeah i read that interview somewhere on the net.

but we all know why Franky fits perfectly with teh SH crew :dance :dance

Handoyo
October 13, 2006, 04:25 AM
Double issue = 40-page in a week? Or what? :)

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 04:36 AM
Double issue = 40-page in a week? Or what? :)

if it's not a double issue, its an issue that'll have colored pages.

btw welcome to MH Handoyo! enjoy your stay! :party

bax
October 13, 2006, 05:59 AM
Okie. Time for second round prediction. Usually I do this when I realized something is wrong with my first prediction or just have something to add.

Last time I said too much. I mean too much things to be fitted in one Chapter. The next chapter wil start with Galley-La ship reaching Water7. Then, it'll Iceburg who offering the SH to build a new ship and of course with Franky Family help. They started to arguing what to put on the ship (remember the silver satue Luffy always wanted?).

After an agreement, they started to build the ship (using Franky blueprints - not Poseidon). Scene change to theview of CP9 and to Mary Joe. The Marines will have a meeting regarding EL with Aokiji explaining everything. The end will be frame to frame preview at Galley La and the Marines meeting. At the end, the bounty is set for them.

Chapter ends. (No Franky enters SH yet. That will come after they get a new ship.)

kazekage_shinagami
October 13, 2006, 06:12 AM
I predict that this chapter will be released before this time next week

JoeBaxter
October 13, 2006, 06:51 AM
I think Franky will join, but if not Franky, then the new ship he builds will probably be the new member (sorry Paulie fans, but Paulie is just way out of the running). One of their members just died, their ship, and the next ship really needs to be something special if it's going to replace the Going Merry as a member. Maybe Franky will build AI into the ship or something to give it personality. I wouldn't put it past Franky to do something like that, because... well, he's a cyborg. Also did you see some of the ships Franky built in his flashback? They seem sort of futuristic or steam punkish.

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 07:13 AM
Okie. Time for second round prediction. Usually I do this when I realized something is wrong with my first prediction or just have something to add.

Last time I said too much. I mean too much things to be fitted in one Chapter. The next chapter wil start with Galley-La ship reaching Water7. Then, it'll Iceburg who offering the SH to build a new ship and of course with Franky Family help. They started to arguing what to put on the ship (remember the silver satue Luffy always wanted?).

After an agreement, they started to build the ship (using Franky blueprints - not Poseidon). Scene change to theview of CP9 and to Mary Joe. The Marines will have a meeting regarding EL with Aokiji explaining everything. The end will be frame to frame preview at Galley La and the Marines meeting. At the end, the bounty is set for them.

Chapter ends. (No Franky enters SH yet. That will come after they get a new ship.)

agree with the "franky enters SH crew". although, it maybe introduced at the far end of the next chapter and then the conclusion will be in chapter 432 (a.k.a. Franky's inclusion in the crew)

as for the bounty, the probability of it being revealed in the next chapter is 50/50 since the WG still has a lot of things at hand with the Shichibukai still short by one and now the recent attack on their "Judgement Island". it took quite some time for his 100 million beri to be deliberated/processed. and right now, the WG is not just deliberating Luffy, Zoro and Robin but the whole crew. I'd say, the bounties will be delayed for a while.

Possible for everything to happen if next week's chapter is a double chapter.

I think Franky will join, but if not Franky, then the new ship he builds will probably be the new member (sorry Paulie fans, but Paulie is just way out of the running). One of their members just died, their ship, and the next ship really needs to be something special if it's going to replace the Going Merry as a member. Maybe Franky will build AI into the ship or something to give it personality. I wouldn't put it past Franky to do something like that, because... well, he's a cyborg. Also did you see some of the ships Franky built in his flashback? They seem sort of futuristic or steam punkish.

hi JoeBaxter welcome to MH :party enjoy your stay

anyway...

I think an AI is a tad bit off scale. I dunno. with all the technology available in the OP world, giving AI to an innanimate object is by far the least possible to happen.

i mean with the logic of WG scientists discovering how to feed DF's to objects to give it life, why would they study AI?

and as far as the technology of One Piece, i haven't seen any computers yet. unless there'd be a new technology somewhat like the Denden Mushi which can relay instructions to a mechanical object that can act as its AI then I stand corrected.

totally agree with you on the idea that franky's ships are ahead of it's time.

anyway...are you somehow related to baxteristic?

...coz of the baxter thing? *hides*

aksarah
October 13, 2006, 09:25 AM
It seems sort of redundant, but hey, I'll throw my 2 cents in...

Franky will join, but not in 431. Most of the strawhats (except Robin and Luffy himself of course) have been asked to join and agreed only just as they are setting sail away from whatever island/plot they were in... I think it'll be a few more chapters yet.

Franky's dream - if I recall correctly from his flashbacks - is to build a strong ship to sail to the end of the Grand Line with, right? I believe he will build the Strawhats their new ship and do just that.

Someone reminded me about the 200 million Franky stole... It would be just perfect and totally seal his membership as #8 if he were to use it to build the ship.

I don't think the WG will come after the Strawhats right away, especially after Aokiji announced their 'total defeat'.

431 will see the Strawhats return to W7 with Iceberg-tachi and start to see about acquiring a new ship. We will probably see some of what the WG/Aokiji is up to - I personally hope that if Spandam is alive he gets his butt court-marshalled!

ps. I'm new. Hi~

rocklee87
October 13, 2006, 11:16 AM
alright bleach was colored this week and i think it was 29 pgs long so i assume no bleach next week?

so one piece is colored and around 20 pgs. right?

infyquest
October 13, 2006, 03:45 PM
It seems the one piece is not coming sooner.
Can any1 translate this image for me (info regarding One Piece only)
http://img164.imagevenue.com/loc437/th_71524_ToC_122_437lo.jpg

neild
October 13, 2006, 06:28 PM
well2...thinking about SH new ships...why not a submarine??hehehe

Hermie
October 13, 2006, 06:30 PM
It seems the one piece is not coming sooner.
Can any1 translate this image for me (info regarding One Piece only)
http://img164.imagevenue.com/loc437/th_71524_ToC_122_437lo.jpg

1) image is dead
2)that's just the thumbnail
3)I've already said what it says before, "no OP chapter this week, next chapter in the next issue, it will have color pages". (it is VERY unlikely that they will stretch the page number far over 20, as the chapters are made a while before they get delivered and printed in Jump.

bebekhappy
October 13, 2006, 06:36 PM
well2...thinking about SH new ships...why not a submarine??hehehe

hmm...that's sounds nice...somthin' like wapol (am i spell it right?) ship maybe?that'd be coll :smile-big

anyway i agreed to bakashijinsan...it's possible for WG to delayed bounty for luffy, 100 million berry is enough for now since he hadn't fight with another shicibukai but with the WG...imagine how embrace they would be if they put bounty because of the ambush on EL...but i they'll put some on sanji, nami, chopper, n ussop (aka sogeking?).so that wil increase the bounties for SH overall

infyquest
October 13, 2006, 07:09 PM
Would it be a double-chapter issue?
It would be cool, if were so.

gian
October 13, 2006, 07:39 PM
1) image is dead
2)that's just the thumbnail
3)I've already said what it says before, "no OP chapter this week, next chapter in the next issue, it will have color pages". (it is VERY unlikely that they will stretch the page number far over 20, as the chapters are made a while before they get delivered and printed in Jump.

If that's the case, we'll see some colored wanted posters. Hooray!

Hankosha
October 13, 2006, 08:37 PM
To reiterate:
Franky's got a 80+% chance of joining the SH crew.
Less than 40% Chance of the thing Franky built with the stolen cash will be Pluton.
SH crew WILL get a new ship, very soon. (Train! Train!)
Franky Crew/Paulie/Water 7 Folks have a >40% chance of joining SH crew.
>25% chance of the new ship being a submarine
>25% chance of the new ship being named the Going Merry 2
(My Reasoning is that they won't dishonor the old Going Merry. It's kinda disrespectful, IMO.)
<45% chance of the new ship being steam powered.
85% chance of the money Franky stole will be repaid in form of a new ship.

OK. Now then. My Predictions:
Luffy gets his bounty set at 500 mil.
Robin gets a whopping 475 mil.
Zorro - 400 Mil.
Sanji - 380 mil.
Franky - 275 mil.
Sogeking - 200 mil.
Nami - 190 mil
Tony - 150 mil.

The new ship will be unveiled, beer will be drank, Exagerated stories will be told about how the SHs beat the crap outta CP9.... And the remaining Shibukai will be sent out after Luffy, and we'll get a possible glimpse of ALL of them.

Handoyo
October 13, 2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the answer and welcome. :)

thejackass98
October 13, 2006, 09:47 PM
hehe nice probability thingy hankosha but i think the bounty are too damn high for every one i say max bout luffy i say would be 220 mil. its only me guess or so hehe

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
OK. Now then. My Predictions:
Luffy gets his bounty set at 500 mil.
Robin gets a whopping 475 mil.
Zorro - 400 Mil.
Sanji - 380 mil.
Franky - 275 mil.
Sogeking - 200 mil.
Nami - 190 mil
Tony - 150 mil.

The new ship will be unveiled, beer will be drank, Exagerated stories will be told about how the SHs beat the crap outta CP9.... And the remaining Shibukai will be sent out after Luffy, and we'll get a possible glimpse of ALL of them.

these figures are quite high. mind telling us how you came up with this?

Thanks for the answer and welcome. :)

no problem Handoyo :thumbs happy posting!

JoeBaxter
October 13, 2006, 10:33 PM
agree with the "franky enters SH crew". although, it maybe introduced at the far end of the next chapter and then the conclusion will be in chapter 432 (a.k.a. Franky's inclusion in the crew)

as for the bounty, the probability of it being revealed in the next chapter is 50/50 since the WG still has a lot of things at hand with the Shichibukai still short by one and now the recent attack on their "Judgement Island". it took quite some time for his 100 million beri to be deliberated/processed. and right now, the WG is not just deliberating Luffy, Zoro and Robin but the whole crew. I'd say, the bounties will be delayed for a while.

Possible for everything to happen if next week's chapter is a double chapter.

hi JoeBaxter welcome to MH :party enjoy your stay

anyway...

I think an AI is a tad bit off scale. I dunno. with all the technology available in the OP world, giving AI to an innanimate object is by far the least possible to happen.

i mean with the logic of WG scientists discovering how to feed DF's to objects to give it life, why would they study AI?

and as far as the technology of One Piece, i haven't seen any computers yet. unless there'd be a new technology somewhat like the Denden Mushi which can relay instructions to a mechanical object that can act as its AI then I stand corrected.

totally agree with you on the idea that franky's ships are ahead of it's time.

anyway...are you somehow related to baxteristic?

...coz of the baxter thing? *hides*

I don't think it's that farfetched. Don't forget that the WG is trying to get its hands on the ancient weapons and their technology. Who knows, maybe this technology of the ancient past could be really advanced. Didn't Franky have plans for one of these weapons the Pluton? Also maybe this technology can be built with present day One Piece technology using steam engines and such? Ever read the novel "The Difference Engine" a seminal work within the steam punk genre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Difference_Engine)? In this book Charles Babbage ambition of the mechanical computer, the difference engine took root and brought 20th/21st century computer technology to Victorian Era england. Or have you played games like Thief 2 or some of the Final Fantasy games where AI exists in a medieval setting?

As far as my name goes, it's not related to baxteristic. I not sure where it comes from, maybe from some book or game that I've read but forgotten about. It's just the first name that popped into my head when I created this username. I'm weird like that.

Slashout
October 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
I believe it will be Franky who joins the team. Well frankly speaking, Paulie didn't even get a tenth of Franky's appearance, and all Paulie did was get some space on a few pages, with mostly un-named people, and run around.
And like it was said before Franky gives a better feeling thant Paulie. He can do lot's of crazy stuff, you never know what he'll come up with... and most of the time it's lame looking :p.

For those saying that Franky won't ever quit his family I believe this explanation is quite good :

I'd like to remind everyone of the people the other crew has left behind, Nami - Her entire hometown not the least of which is her sister Nojiko and Genzo. Sanji left Zeff and all the people of Baratie. Chopper left the only person he trusted Doctorine and the memories of his adoptive father Hiriuluk. Zoro didn't even really leave anyone but he did leave his legitimate life as a bounty hunter to become a criminal and a pirate. Ussop left his ussop pirate crew (all 3 of them) and kaya, and his entire hometown.

However I still think it's possible for franky family to join the crew. I mean, frankly is an amazingly crazy builder (he even changed his body), also his dream is to make the most powerful ship His next ship will probably be his masterpiece. And what better proof than watching his own ship in action could he get? Also that ship might be so crazy, that one man to operate it might not be enough, and that's where franky's family comes in.

However, I can't picture a ship loaded with that much people... and if that were to happen, most of the time, they would probably be in the machines room or something... That would be too strange. And besides it would change the power balance... More than half of the crew would follow franky. I mean it's pretty obvious that franky's family would follow an order from him over than Luffy's...
That can't be possible.

I really can't make a prediction, however there are a few things that I hope to see.
First the new crew member (well it's Franky, but I want to see how it will be pulled off.)

Next, I want to see their bounty. Luffy, Robin, and Zoro already had bounty on them. Those bounty will become freakishly high I believe. i want to see that. But what I want to see the most, is the others bounty. I mean, just imagine Nami's face when she will recieve hers. Or Ussop's bounty, I mean maybe the marines didn't even see a difference between his usual look and Sogeking's. Maybe franky will ask to stay in the island but will be thrown out when he'll get his bounty. Well lot's of fun stuff ahead ^^.

And lastly i want to see their new ship. They will need one to get off the island, and you can't just go out with some made up ship. Don't forget where they are. So their new ship will probably the one, that they'll keep till the end.

Ho.. before I forget !!! I didn't see anyone talk about that... but come one ... HE BURNT IT !!! HE BURNT "HIS NAKAMA" !!!
When Luffy was told to "let it rest", I never ever though that he'll burn it !! Come one ! In those case you just let it wander the ocean and find a place to die or something, just like a mamoth <_<. You don't burn the mamoth !!!

(sorry for my crappy english, I really tried to be clear :s).

Anti-panda
October 13, 2006, 10:44 PM
Let me put things into perspective for a couple of people on bounties.. the highest bounty shown in one piece to date is Donquixote Doflamingo's and he is only 340million so.... We cant expect luffy's to come close to that yet ... and Bartholemew Kuma another of the shichibukai has only 296 million as thier former bounty ... so 500million is luddocris and willnot happen. I also cant see nami, chopper, or ussop/sogeking getting over 40-50million each remember setting zoro's first bounty at 60million was crazy as hell to the marines that decide these things. Out of all the strawhats the only one('s) I could see getting a bounty higher that that is sanji. I predict they'll put him at around 65million so he can brag about his first bounty being higher than zoro's.

Luffy - 210 million
Zoro - 150 million
Robin - 95 million
Franky - 135million (cause of the pluton blue prints and he's wicked strong)
(love cook) Sanji - 65million (So he can brag about his first bounty being higher than zoro's first.)
Sogeking - 35 million (For the crime of burning the world govt flag)

those are mine. Just remember to keep things in scale.
Imagine what WhiteBeards bounty must be!!!

Slashout
October 13, 2006, 11:04 PM
I think the bounty will be MUCH bigger. Way way more.
I believe Ussop/Sogeking will get at least 5 time those 35 million. I mean he just did the "biggest crime" against the WG possible. And he is part of the crew that totaly destroyed Enny's lobby, along with thedefeat of all CP9's member, a member of the WG aka=the weird guy leading them (forgot his name), ALL Enny's lobby guards, as well as the need of a Buster Call (even though it was an accident <_<), also being part of the crew in wich is the last human that read polygliph in the entire world, and (if Franky joins up) the last man that had the Pluton's blueprint in his hand. (WG will probably chase him, since it's almost obvious that he looked at them, and being a ship builder and all, he is probably able to reproduce them).
I believe Luffy's bounty as the captain will be at least 500 million, if not more. The others should be between 100 and 400 million, Robin being the biggest out of them, something like 375 million would be good. Since she already had a big bounty, but still escaped from WG hand's, and the total destruction of Enny's lobby along with all I said before, being the result of her rescue. She is now the most dangerous woman of the world, in the crazziest crew possible ! That's worth at least 375 million right? :p

Anti-panda
October 13, 2006, 11:17 PM
I think the bounty will be MUCH bigger. Way way more.
I believe Ussop/Sogeking will get at least 5 time those 35 million. I mean he just did the "biggest crime" against the WG possible. And he is part of the crew that totaly destroyed Enny's lobby, along with thedefeat of all CP9's member, a member of the WG aka=the weird guy leading them (forgot his name), ALL Enny's lobby guards, as well as the need of a Buster Call (even though it was an accident <_<).
I believe Luffy's bounty as the captain will be at least 500 million, if not more. The others should be between 100 and 400 million.

Well in that case WhiteBeard must have a bounty of like infinity plus one .... so your saying that a pirate who attacked a marine stronghold is now so dangerous that he'll have a bounty thats almost 200million higher than the highest bounty we've seen in onepiece to date. Donquixote Doflamingo at 340million, who i may remind you is not only dangerous but one of the shichibukai. giving luffy a higher bounty than the shichibukai would make it pointless for him to have to fight them later because they would be in effect saying he's more dangerous than one or any of them.
I dont think so .. 500million is just to "out there" for the current situation of luffy and the strawhats... In fact i predict the the total bounties for the strawhats wont exceed 700million. let alone luffy alone.
Also remember Ussop/Sogeking just fired the shot, Luffy was the one who ordered the World Govt. flag to be burned.

Slashout
October 13, 2006, 11:23 PM
True, but in his bounty it says "previous bounty' or something. Meaning that it doesn't match his real worth right now.
Also if he is a Shichibukai I doubt he ever did something that extrem. He probably never attack a GW stronghold or something like that. Or GW would never have accepted him.
But I must take that into consideration that's true.

Then maybe his bounty will be equal, or a little higher than those 340 millions. Making him go after luffy's crew. After all he is the shichibukai that is the most likely to come up next against luffy.

Anti-panda
October 13, 2006, 11:39 PM
It's a former bounty because he is now a shichibukai and works for the govt so he no longer has a bounty.

Slashout
October 14, 2006, 12:14 AM
I know, that's why I said that <_<. Maybe not well, since I could not find the word sorry.
And that's why I said it doesn't really shows his worth, since he probably did not became a shicibukai yesteraday ^^. He had time to become stronger. Well not that it really matter ^^. But I believe he will be pissed off by luffy's bounty and go after him. I think that would match his personality.

Bartserk
October 14, 2006, 06:22 AM
I agree with the amounts anti-panda gave ^^ Though I think Franky will get a reward lower than Robin's. She's by far more dangerous than Franky, with that Hana Hana supercrap lol And I think Sanji will get about 100 million instead of 65. What he did in this whole arc was very awesome and I'm pretty sure the world government will take it in consideration. Oh, and I think it's not very likely that Usopp gets a reward so soon. At least not for burning the flag, he was acting under order of his captain, at least the government can think he's dangerous for the massive bashing he did as a sniper in the tower of justice but after all they may think he's a small fry and doesn't still deserve a bounty.

That, or Oda surprises us by showing us a chapter where ALL of the strawhat crew members have to be caught for that offense and put a bounty on the 8 of them (or 9, if they put Usopp and Sogeking apart).

P.S - Btw, doesn't it suck that Usopp has to hide under a mask? Damm it all, I loved his character, why does he have to disguise? I hope this Sogeking crap ends soon ._.

The Piece
October 14, 2006, 09:48 AM
Here's my prediction on the bounty:

Luffy, 250 million
Zoro, 170 million
Sanji, 150 million
Chopper, 110 million
Sogeking, 100 million
Robin, 135 million
Franky, 145 million
Nami, 95 million

well, thats my prediction. But one thing that I strongly believe is, Sanji's bounty would be the third highest. I mean, he's after all beat the 3rd strongest CP9.

bakashijinsan
October 14, 2006, 11:11 AM
I don't think it's that farfetched. Don't forget that the WG is trying to get its hands on the ancient weapons and their technology. Who knows, maybe this technology of the ancient past could be really advanced. Didn't Franky have plans for one of these weapons the Pluton? Also maybe this technology can be built with present day One Piece technology using steam engines and such? Ever read the novel "The Difference Engine" a seminal work within the steam punk genre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Difference_Engine)? In this book Charles Babbage ambition of the mechanical computer, the difference engine took root and brought 20th/21st century computer technology to Victorian Era england. Or have you played games like Thief 2 or some of the Final Fantasy games where AI exists in a medieval setting?

yes i have played FF series and with those games that you are saying, computers exist. in FF7, there's a computer that Hojo used, in FF8 there's a computer in Balamb Garden, Galbadia Garden, Trabia Garden, in FF9 there's a computer on Hilde Garde and The Invincible much more in FF10. (haven't played thief)

i'm not ruling out the possibility that the Ancient Weapons may have this technology. as I have mentioned in my previous post

unless there'd be a new technology somewhat like the Denden Mushi which can relay instructions to a mechanical object that can act as its AI then I stand corrected.

AI cannot be magically created by any mechanical machine because a mechanical machine would still need to be operated with electricity and elctronics is needed for it. an AI as described is "artificial intelligence". as such, it would require the machine to automate. while the difference engine was an adaptation of the Analytic Engine of charles babbage, the said machine is a gigantic calculator and it needs an input from man for it operate. sure it stores memory but the fact is, it cannot operate by itself. that is the main difference between a mechanical digital computer to AI.

i haven't read the Difference Engine but based on what i read on the link that you gave me, it is taken from the Analytic Engine of Babbage which, as I have said is a mechanical digital engine.

if you meant that the Difference Engine (a.k.a analytic engine) can be infused to the new ship, then that would be entirley possible. but AI, i still believe it can't be introduced.

as i have aforementioned, unless Oda introduces a new technology unknown to us which exists only in the OP world, then I stand corrected. or if a late introduction of computers will be put in place, then I stand corrected.

but oh well it is fiction! anything is possible just so long as "Oda-sama" wishes for it.

As far as my name goes, it's not related to baxteristic. I not sure where it comes from, maybe from some book or game that I've read but forgotten about. It's just the first name that popped into my head when I created this username. I'm weird like that.

sorry about that.

neild
October 14, 2006, 11:14 AM
I dont think a new bounty will be given anytime soon unless luffy defeats another shicibukai...
if luffy is awarded somewhat around 200 million beli, i just dont see luffy can defeat ao kiji yet..he is worth 200 mil+ something if he can defeat one of the vice admiral, and he is a real threat...right now i personally think he will stick with that 100 mil bounty...that is more than enough

besides i have another reason, when luffy was awarded the new bounty, he defeated shicibukai, and world government can't hide crocodile's loss...anybody on alabasta saw it.this time it's an attack on world government.it is a humiliation for them...strawhat burned their flag, kick cp9's asses, escaped buster call...it will just make the face of world government look bad...they dont want it...another reason is cp9 is a top and powerful secret agent..they dont want to reveal that one of their greatest strength is defeated..it make them look weak...

so thats my theory..i know everybody expects a new bounty for strawhat crew, but i think that new bounty is just going to make the story less interesting for me...that's my theory with a lot of holes in it...so please give a comment..thanks

bax
October 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
I dont think a new bounty will be given anytime soon unless luffy defeats another shicibukai...
if luffy is awarded somewhat around 200 million beli, i just dont see luffy can defeat ao kiji yet..he is worth 200 mil+ something if he can defeat one of the vice admiral, and he is a real threat...right now i personally think he will stick with that 100 mil bounty...that is more than enough

I personally disagree. Well, it's been a long time since Luffy got himself "promoted". After Alubasta, they got to sky island, which probably won't count since the Marines probab;y didn't know they were up there. But Luffy did beat Bellamy before that.

Next, they practically destroyed one of the Marines' proud, CP9 and EL. Plus this time Franky Family and the Galley-La are the witnesses. They can't stop the news from spreading. So, unless they managed to shut all of them up, the whole world will know this sooner or later. So, if no bounty was given/upgraded, the citizens of the world will be angry. Plus, with higher bounty, opens up the SH into Shanks/Whitebeard league too.

bakashijinsan
October 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
I second what baxteristic said.

the WG just can't ignore what they have done in EL. and as i have mentioned before, WG is justice incarnate. criminals are to be bounded by justice thus, the early capture of criminals with "certain" help will realize this "justice". certain help would be from other pirates or bounty hunters who would dare take on the SH to capture them and turn them over to the WG.

and yeah. luffy's promotion had been delayed too long enough. *can't wait to revise my YM status to "250 Million Beri Bounty Pirate"* :D

JoeBaxter
October 14, 2006, 02:45 PM
AI cannot be magically created by any mechanical machine because a mechanical machine would still need to be operated with electricity and elctronics is needed for it.

That's not true at all. Many machines can and do operate on steam or combustion engines and other sources of power.

an AI as described is "artificial intelligence". as such, it would require the machine to automate. while the difference engine was an adaptation of the Analytic Engine of charles babbage,

It's the other way around. The Analytic engine was a later programmable design of the difference engine, which was never built.

the said machine is a gigantic calculator and it needs an input from man for it operate. sure it stores memory but the fact is, it cannot operate by itself. that is the main difference between a mechanical digital computer to AI.

You've just described every computer in existence. Computers are basically just dumb programmable number crunchers that require external input (programs + data) to be of any use, which is what the Analytic engine would have been had it been built; and with just a few minor modifications to its design it would have met all the requirements of a Turing machine (concept for a general computer). Thus any general algorithm you can come up with would have been programmable on the Analytic engine. If you believe AI can be programmed into computers, then it can also be programmed into the Analytic engine. Of course in the real world the AI algorithm probably wouldn't run very fast on this computer since it's mechanical, but it would run nevertheless. But we're talking about a work of fiction here and not the real world, so like you said, anything can happen.

Hankosha
October 14, 2006, 03:51 PM
these figures are quite high. mind telling us how you came up with this?

I'm figuring that because Luffy beat up 2 CP9, He'll ge a jump of at least 1.5x
As well, the fact that they attack Enies Lobby Will bump it up to 2.5X
Now, the fact that he also managed to SURVIVE a buster call, and take out most of the ships, as well as making the Marines and WG destory one of their main strongholds.... Not to mention the fact that he fired on a World Government flag.
As well, he has someone with him who could pontentially find out that the World Government was really evil in the void period, and as such had the knowledge repressed....
So I'm saying everyone will get at LEAST a 2.5X boost.

The Reasoning behind my other bounties is:
Robin - Survived TWO buster calls, and is travelling with SH. (Major Danger)
Zorro - Kicked ass, took numbers, fell asleep.(Major Danger)
Sanji - Pwned a CP9, and Train.(Upper High Danger)
Nami - Pwned a different CP9, capable of out-navigating Marines/WG.(Low Danger)
Chopper - Went Bezerk - May have miscalculated - Bounty may be almost as high as Sanjis, but still lower than Robin's.(Mid-High Danger)
Ussop - Destroyed World Gov flag. Helped infiltrate train. (Low Danger)
Franky - Kicked CP9 and Pre-CP9. Also torched Pluton Plans, and aided the escape of Robin. (Mid-Range Danger)
Luffy - EXTREME DANGER

colorpurple
October 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
I'm figuring that because Luffy beat up 2 CP9, He'll ge a jump of at least 1.5x
As well, the fact that they attack Enies Lobby Will bump it up to 2.5X
Now, the fact that he also managed to SURVIVE a buster call, and take out most of the ships, as well as making the Marines and WG destory one of their main strongholds.... Not to mention the fact that he fired on a World Government flag.
As well, he has someone with him who could pontentially find out that the World Government was really evil in the void period, and as such had the knowledge repressed....
So I'm saying everyone will get at LEAST a 2.5X boost.

The Reasoning behind my other bounties is:
Robin - Survived TWO buster calls, and is travelling with SH. (Major Danger)
Zorro - Kicked ass, took numbers, fell asleep.(Major Danger)
Sanji - Pwned a CP9, and Train.(Upper High Danger)
Nami - Pwned a different CP9, capable of out-navigating Marines/WG.(Low Danger)
Chopper - Went Bezerk - May have miscalculated - Bounty may be almost as high as Sanjis, but still lower than Robin's.(Mid-High Danger)
Ussop - Destroyed World Gov flag. Helped infiltrate train. (Low Danger)
Franky - Kicked CP9 and Pre-CP9. Also torched Pluton Plans, and aided the escape of Robin. (Mid-Range Danger)
Luffy - EXTREME DANGER

i totally agree with you in regards to your above facts, but i still think your bounties are just alittle too high, but not alot, just alittle, and aslo, i think people are forgetting the G8 arc, thats makes twice the strawhats have escaped a supposedly inescapable government facility[br]Posted on: October 14, 2006, 06:46:41 PM_________________________________________________o, and just for a correction luffy isnt an extreme danger.....hes an EXTREMELY MASSIVE GIGANTIC MONUMENTOUS DANGER

bakashijinsan
October 14, 2006, 06:05 PM
That's not true at all. Many machines can and do operate on steam or combustion engines and other sources of power.

you're missing the point here. AI automates. not just make things move.

It's the other way around. The Analytic engine was a later programmable design of the difference engine, which was never built.

sorry but like i've said, i never read the book. must have read wikipedia wrongly :p

You've just described every computer in existence. Computers are basically just dumb programmable number crunchers that require external input (programs + data) to be of any use, which is what the Analytic engine would have been had it been built; and with just a few minor modifications to its design it would have met all the requirements of a Turing machine (concept for a general computer). Thus any general algorithm you can come up with would have been programmable on the Analytic engine. If you believe AI can be programmed into computers, then it can also be programmed into the Analytic engine. Of course in the real world the AI algorithm probably wouldn't run very fast on this computer since it's mechanical, but it would run nevertheless.

as i have said, AI needs to automate. just because something has a computer doesn't mean it has AI. of course AI needs first to have an input from a man but after that it's all on it's own until someone shut's it off or until it runs out of power.

But we're talking about a work of fiction here and not the real world, so like you said, anything can happen.

yep! anything could happen. since the analytic engine is a mechanical digital computer, writers can incorporate it to be used to say that by creating this said machine and tweaking on it a little, they can create AI. (kinda reminds me of steam boy)

gian
October 14, 2006, 10:11 PM

sorry but like i've said, i never read the book. must have read wikipedia wrongly :p

as i have said, AI needs to automate. just because something has a computer doesn't mean it has AI. of course AI needs first to have an input from a man but after that it's all on it's own until someone shut's it off or until it runs out of power.

yep! anything could happen. since the analytic engine is a mechanical digital computer, writers can incorporate it to be used to say that by creating this said machine and tweaking on it a little, they can create AI. (kinda reminds me of steam boy)

So... your entire post was making points and taking them back? Haha, just playing.

I'm sure you know that AI can be created without electronic explanation -- because if everything had an explanation, why the hell is there a rubberman in the manga? Or a girl who can have as many hands as she wants?

JoeBaxter
October 14, 2006, 10:21 PM

AI is not automation. AI is the taking of input data and interpreting it into "intelligent numbers" (1's and 0's), which in an automaton it would feed to its various output devices (arms, legs, head, mouth, storage memory, etc...) so that it acts in an intelligent manner. Automation happens when various input devices (mechanical eyes, touch sensors, mechanical ears, etc...) are continuously feeding this AI program data, causing the program to continuously interpret and output. As long as the computer and the various input/output devices are fed power then the automaton can continue to automate.

Anti-panda
October 14, 2006, 11:44 PM
i totally agree with you in regards to your above facts, but i still think your bounties are just alittle too high, but not alot, just alittle, and aslo, i think people are forgetting the G8 arc, thats makes twice the strawhats have escaped a supposedly inescapable government facility[br][size=1]

Just to note your supposed to be disscussing the manga not the anime ... and also even as far as the anime goes the G8 arc was filler and thus is not Kanon. Meaning it has no bearing on anything! ANYTHING!!
Please realize this in future posts.
---------------
Now on to the second note ...... WTF
all this ai vs machines / computers... I thought i was in the wrong forum at first ... guess i missed something vital.... pyon!?

jumbohiggins
October 15, 2006, 01:21 AM
hi im new go me

ok heres how i see it

luffys bounty will be like 150ish
frankys will be like 80ish
sanjis will be like 60
everyone else will be like 30 except usoep who woulnt get one so everyone can luagh at him

also the new ship will probably not be the pluton but how sweet would it be if it was a remake of gold rogers ship the aroro jackson or how ever in gods name you spell that

one more thing about the whole wg pride thing when robin was 8 they put that huge bounty on her and said it was cuase she sank those ships theyll just make up some excuse to up the bountys

zutto06
October 15, 2006, 03:28 AM
Umm.. Attacking the front gate of the World Goverment and destory CP9 and escaped the Buster Call, I think the value of Luffy's head would be increased to ~250million not 150million.

I was re-reading the attack, Luffy himself killed ~1k soldiers XD

nicole2daniell
October 15, 2006, 11:31 AM
luffy bounty is going to be at less 250 and higher.

come on ppl 150!? if all you get is 50 mil. extra for attacking one of the heaviest guarded place that belong to the world government. then i think every pirates would have attack it to get back there friends and family memeber that is brought there along time ago.

rurouniwill
October 15, 2006, 11:37 AM
After reading everyone's comments I do believe Luffy's bounty should exceed 200mil and be somewhere in between 250 to 350 mil. Although Don Flam. has the highest bounty known so far (340mil) it's highly possibly Luffy could marginally surpass it.

The logic behind this is that Don Flam. caused troubles on the Grandline but Luffy started troubles at the Marine's EL. EL is like their home. You don't start $$$$ in a person's home. Plus, the attack lowers the credibility of the Marine's power to control the peace, which in turn could cause pirates to revolt by upping their mischief.

As for Zoro, somewhere below 200mil seems like the general consensus. And I agree. Anything above that would be a little ridiculous seeing how Zoro still needs to improve his swordsmanship (can't wait to see what kind of sword he gets) in order to fight equally with Milhawk.

ikuroi
October 15, 2006, 12:13 PM
IMO the next arc will be about Blackbeard from that we will move on 2 Ace and the Whitebeards and with that it includes Shanks.... !!!

About the bounty, everyone of them will have a bounty higher than 100 Million Berri.
Why is that? Allright lets check this.

First time anyone got a bounty in the Strawhat crew:

Luffy - 30 Million Berri: Beat up the biggest pirates in East Blue (Don Krieg, Buggy & Arlong)

Second Time:

Luffy - 100 Million Berri: He beat up a Shibukai named Crocodile, and you see his previous records.

Roronoa Zoro - 60 Million Berri: He beat 100 Bounty hunters from BW, then he beat Daz Bones AKA Mr 1.

Nico Robin - 79 Million Berri: The Ohara tragedy.

Now some notes before i write about the third time.

As you have seen to beat a Shibukai gives you like 100 Million Berri as a bounty on your head. So logical, to defeat a CP9 who i pressume not to be as strong as a Shibukai should be. Even if Crocodile was weaker than Rob Lucci and prolly Kaku and Jyabura(?).

They did more than just beat CP9, they barged into EL took Nico Robin from them aswell as Franky.
They burnt the flag they did beat more than 2000 of their soldiers (Zorro did like 100 from BW) and destroyed some of their ship.
Not only that they also did the worst thing you could do, they burnt the flag!

So tell me now how could any of them have possibly less than 60 billion Berri on their head? I think its a given fact that they all should have more than 100 Berri each on their head. So anyway to predict the bounty!

Third Time (Present Time):

Luffy - 220~250 Million Berri: Previous records + beat 1000 Soldier and 2 CP9 members + barged into EL and did some crazy stuff (to much to name everything).

Roronoa Zoro - 180~220 Million Berri: Previous records + beat 500 soldiers(?) and 1 CP9 member + barged into EL etc etc.

Nico Robin - 120~150 Million Berri: Previous records + beat some soldiers.

Sanji - 160~180 Million Berri: Beat 500 soldiers(?) and 1 CP9 + Made a havoc in the train + barged into EL etc etc.

Usopp/Sogeking - 120~220 Million Berri: Burnt the flag + Beat some soldiers + Made a havoc in the train + Barged into EL etc etc.

Nami - 100~130 Million Berri: Beat some soldiers and 1 CP9 + barged into EL etc etc.

Tony Tony Chopper - 100~130 Million Berri: Beat some soldiers and 1 CP9 + barged into EL etc etc.

Hankosha
October 15, 2006, 03:03 PM
Third Time (Present Time):

Luffy - 220~250 Million Berri: Previous records + beat 1000 Soldier and 2 CP9 members + barged into EL and did some crazy stuff (to much to name everything).

Roronoa Zoro - 180~220 Million Berri: Previous records + beat 500 soldiers(?) and 1 CP9 member + barged into EL etc etc.

Nico Robin - 120~150 Million Berri: Previous records + beat some soldiers.

Sanji - 160~180 Million Berri: Beat 500 soldiers(?) and 1 CP9 + Made a havoc in the train + barged into EL etc etc.

Usopp/Sogeking - 120~220 Million Berri: Burnt the flag + Beat some soldiers + Made a havoc in the train + Barged into EL etc etc.

Nami - 100~130 Million Berri: Beat some soldiers and 1 CP9 + barged into EL etc etc.

Tony Tony Chopper - 100~130 Million Berri: Beat some soldiers and 1 CP9 + barged into EL etc etc.

Few Notes:

Robin is now one of the few, if not the only person capable of reading the ponelgryphs. She knows how and where to get the locations and plans in order to revive the Pluton, and the Poseidon, not to mention other ancient weapons which she may or may not have dicovered on prior ponelgryphs she read. Thus, I'd bump her bounty up by 30-40 million.

Sogeking did very little combat-wise, and did not even defeat a CP9. As such, his bounty should be somewhat lower. (-20-30 mil)

Tony - Bump his bounty by 20-30 million. The damage he alone did to Enies Lobby while in the monster/bezerk form would make him extremely wanted by the government for research purposes. If they could give the rumble balls to their soldiers, damn.

That's all I have to say. Otherwise, I agree with these bounties.

(Oh, and Zorro did not have one of his katana broken. That scene was created by an illusion-type DF user. See 3rd page of 430, top right corner. All 3 katanas are on Zorro's hip.)

odeon
October 15, 2006, 03:35 PM
(Oh, and Zorro did not have one of his katana broken. That scene was created by an illusion-type DF user. See 3rd page of 430, top right corner. All 3 katanas are on Zorro's hip.)

Zorro took another blade in order to continu the fight in the precedents chapters ... and I don't know on you're scanlation but for me there's no way to identify his swords in chapter 430, for all I know it could just be the remplacement sword...

for the bounty, I think luffy could exed the hightest bounty in one piece... it's not about power, It's about symbol... Luffy and his crew stand against the world gouvernment( they declared a war)...destroyed a major place (a prison supposely unbreakable)...and beat the crap out of one of the most powerful force of the WG ( buster call, cp9...) they're no more some interesting or dangerous pirate... they're THE enemy ... I don't think right know that the WG have someone more dangerous in term of symbol than Luffy ...he never ha been so close to the hightest one... and to Gold Rogers...

rurouniwill
October 15, 2006, 03:42 PM
Few Notes:

Yes, but if you look at chapter 426 (null release)

pg 11 - Zoro is holding a katana in his right hand
- Its the sword in his right hand that is broken (look closely at the hilt of the sword)
pg 12 shows Zoro holding a sword with a different hilt in his right hand
pg 17 shows Zoro holding 3 swords....one of which is definitely not a katana

and I see that Zoro has 3 swords in c430 but I think its just a sword he took from a marine to use as a replacement for now.

JoeBaxter
October 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
Here's what I think the bounties will be:

Luffy - 245 million.

Zoro - 160 million.

Sanji - 150 million. more than double Zoro's original bounty, and less than Zoro's current bounty, but close enough to keep the rivalry going.

Robin - 500 million. She's currently the greatest threat the world government is facing at the moment. She's probably a greater threat than even Whitebeard and Shanks. Sure the strengths of those two are unmatched, and they're a threat to the current order, but are they capable of toppling the World Government? No, most likely not. Robin on the other hand is probably capable of doing just that. If they were scared enough to give an orphaned 8 yo child a 79 million beli bounty for the sole reason being that she's capable of reading the poneglyphs, just imagine how scared they are of her now, now that's she's grown up, actively seeks out the poneglyphs scattered throughout the grandline, and has found an exceptionally strong pirate crew to aid her. And what scares them is not that she could revive the ancient weapons, but that she could learn the truth behind the void history and reveal it to the world. This dark past is obviously something the WG absolutely wants no one to know about, most likely out of fear that if the world were to learn the truth it could lead to worldwide revolution sand eventual toppling of the WG.

Chopper - 95 million.

Sogeking - 90 million at the moment but it could change later on if he ends up doing something significant before the arc is over. We'll see. And no, the arc isn't over yet.

Nami - 85 million. I don't think anyone's bounty will be less than Robin's original bounty, and I think Nami will get the lowest bounty.

ikuroi
October 15, 2006, 04:29 PM
Robin is now one of the few, if not the only person capable of reading the ponelgryphs. She knows how and where to get the locations and plans in order to revive the Pluton, and the Poseidon, not to mention other ancient weapons which she may or may not have dicovered on prior ponelgryphs she read. Thus, I'd bump her bounty up by 30-40 million.

The thing is, that isnt a reason for her to bump that much.
The diffrence MANY of us forget is that the WG knew why they put a bounty on a 8 year old girl. Because she was a threat to them, and they kept it like that even after she was on free foot outside in the world. Now many of us predict a very high bounty on her? Why? Because we got to know why she was wanted in the first place.
Its not like its news for the WG even if it is news for us.

Reason to bump her bounty is because she is in company and in league with the strawhats a very dangerous group. Not enough with that it seems to them that even Franky who was the last person with the Pluton plans on his hands are with them. Oh yeah another thing, it seems as she got nakama now which the WG never expected her to have. That is enough reason for them to bump her bounty. But that high?

Sogeking did very little combat-wise, and did not even defeat a CP9. As such, his bounty should be somewhat lower. (-20-30 mil)

Yeah i see your point, but because its the sogeking i think he will be used for a more humour sense in his bounty thats why i think it can be either very high or normal.

Tony - Bump his bounty by 20-30 million. The damage he alone did to Enies Lobby while in the monster/bezerk form would make him extremely wanted by the government for research purposes. If they could give the rumble balls to their soldiers, damn.

The only person who saw him rampage was the CP9 (I think) and they got lost with EL going down and they wore still in the buildings when they did the buster call.

Hermie
October 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
We already have a thread for discussion of the future bounties: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=594.0

I know we're all anxious for the next chapter, but let's try to stay on topic anyways. ^_^

zutto06
October 15, 2006, 05:25 PM
I thought so too.

From my eye Zoro lost one of his sword, and snatch one sword lying around as a temporary replacement.

Would be resonable, since he had those sword since right before entering the upstream mountain of the RedLine. And the Weapon Keeper mention that is one of his best sword he hvae, but it wasn't one of the top 20 Katana in the world compare to his Curse one and the white one from his friend.

bakashijinsan
October 15, 2006, 06:58 PM
AI is not automation. AI is the taking of input data and interpreting it into "intelligent numbers" (1's and 0's),

this is digitization. it is not AI per se. AI is an intelligent behavior of processing and using data to interpret, if possible correct itself, and do something on the hardware to produce output all by itself. if you're talking of AI that can just compute or process data, then that is just a calculator. it has a small value of AI in itself in the sense that it can compute but what good would a built in calculator be in a ship? plus the very first AI program was created in 1951, long after steam engines are used for computer purposes.

I'm sure you know that AI can be created without electronic explanation -- because if everything had an explanation, why the hell is there a rubberman in the manga? Or a girl who can have as many hands as she wants?

yes. I'm practically aware that IT IS 100% possible to create an AI without the aid of electronics in One Piece. but because the difference engine and analytic engine came up, it became like this. :(

Anti-panda
October 15, 2006, 08:37 PM
I want zoro to get a new sword but i doubt that'll happen in the next chapter or chapters.... I also have qualms about him getting one greater than wado ichimonji
2 words ....
Par - Teh ... Party.. next chapter .. be there.

JoeBaxter
October 15, 2006, 11:51 PM
this is digitization. it is not AI per se. AI is an intelligent behavior of processing and using data to interpret, if possible correct itself, and do something on the hardware to produce output all by itself.

Huh? What are you going on about? I thought I had just stated that in my previous post, or at least the important bits, i.e. the input -> process/interpret -> output part.

if you're talking of AI that can just compute or process data, then that is just a calculator. it has a small value of AI in itself in the sense that it can compute but what good would a built in calculator be in a ship?

Yes, that's what I mean. If you believe AI can be programmed into a computer, and thus made into an algorithm (or more specifically, several algorithms working together), that's basically the jist of what it would do, since all algorithms take input (assuming the empty set is also considered as input), process/interpret that input, and produce output. Other than the set of procedures, AI algorithms are no different from any other algorithm.

Debu
October 16, 2006, 02:45 AM
I'd love it if Nami's wanted poster has a picture of her and monster-point Chopper, since Kalifa thought that was her :) Chopper would be like "Wow, you look ugly when you're fighting" and Nami, surely angered, would tell Chopper it's him. Seeing the monster he becomes would really open his eyes about how dangerous it is to take 3 rumble balls. Hopefully he'd take that as incentive to create a more predictable monster form.

Do you all think that it's necessary to get going on the next goal, or do you think the SHs can spend some time in Water 7?

I'm thinking they initially plan on spending some time there, but when the new bounties are posted, they realize the jeopardy they are putting the Water 7 citizens in, and decide to leave asap.

angry
October 16, 2006, 03:06 AM
I'm not gonna guess how high the bounties will be, but I do think that Robin and Luffy will have the highest bounties! I even believe there is a slight chance that Robin could have a higher bounty then Luffy, but i'm not sure about that.

Zoro and Sanji will have equal bounties or very close to equal (prob. Zoro a little higher). I think Franky will get a bounty aswell, prob. not too high, since he doesn't have the plans anymore. The only other person to have a bounty is Sogeking imo.. the others haven't been in the picture that much... more in the background.

So it would be something like this:

Luffy & Robin (anywhere from 200 - 500 million beri)
Zoro & Sanji (prob. between 100 - 200 million beri)
Franky (around 60 million?)
Sogeking (less then 50 million, maybe 1 million and everyone will make fun of him)

Can't wait till thursday for the next scan!

bakashijinsan
October 16, 2006, 03:43 AM
Huh? What are you going on about? I thought I had just stated that in my previous post, or at least the important bits, i.e. the input -> process/interpret -> output part.

please take a look at what you said here

AI is not automation. AI is the taking of input data and interpreting it into "intelligent numbers" (1's and 0's), which in an automaton it would feed to its various output devices (arms, legs, head, mouth, storage memory, etc...) so that it acts in an intelligent manner. Automation happens when various input devices (mechanical eyes, touch sensors, mechanical ears, etc...) are continuously feeding this AI program data, causing the program to continuously interpret and output. As long as the computer and the various input/output devices are fed power then the automaton can continue to automate.

you said that AI is taking input and recreates that data into numbers 1's and 0's. that is Digitization. it is analog signal translated into a seires of ulses by the use of multivibrators to create a square wave which gives out an output of High signal level (1's) and low level signals (0's). if you are saying that steam may be able to produce that, it is no different from digitization. since it still translates it to a high/low level signal.

you clearly stated here that creating 1's and 0's is AI itself and that "AI" is the one that makes the automation work. essentialy that is how AI works but digitization is not AI.

Yes, that's what I mean. If you believe AI can be programmed into a computer, and thus made into an algorithm (or more specifically, several algorithms working together), that's basically the jist of what it would do, since all algorithms take input (assuming the empty set is also considered as input), process/interpret that input, and produce output. Other than the set of procedures, AI algorithms are no different from any other algorithm.

so this is what you mean by AI. as far as i know this is called by many as "somewhat intelligent" but not AI. HERE IS A LINK] (http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/whatisai/node1.html) that fully defines AI.

as far as i can see, we may have a different notion of what AI is. i just abided on what i have learned in the university.

sorry for making this such a long discussion that has been going on in circles. i rest my case here.

JoeBaxter
October 16, 2006, 05:40 AM
please take a look at what you said here

you said that AI is taking input and recreates that data into numbers 1's and 0's. that is Digitization. it is analog signal translated into a seires of ulses by the use of multivibrators to create a square wave which gives out an output of High signal level (1's) and low level signals (0's). if you are saying that steam may be able to produce that, it is no different from digitization. since it still translates it to a high/low level signal.

Maybe I should have said "process data" instead of "interpret data". Would that have made things clearer? I know in computer science 'process' and 'interpret' can mean two different things. Though in everyday spoken English I usually take the two terms to mean the same thing, although sometimes, that's clearly not the case as we can see here. My apologies for that. English is not my first language. Anyway, what I was making reference to in that sentence is the basic schema of all algorithms, and at the micro level (the level of the cpu) the schema of processors, and that is the input data (in the form of 1's and 0's) -> process data -> output data (also in the form of 1's and 0's) framework.

As for the steam, it's used in the mechanical computer as an alternative to electricity as a source of energy. The energy from the steam would be used to move/power the gears/machinery inside the mechanical computer, which does all its data processing using gears and not steam.

you clearly stated here that creating 1's and 0's is AI itself and that "AI" is the one that makes the automation work. essentialy that is how AI works but digitization is not AI.

You’re making a logical fallacy. I never said the creation of 1’s and 0’s is AI. But yes AI at the atomic level is basically just the transformation of 1’s and 0’s into other 1’s and 0’s, and that you can construe from what I said.

so this is what you mean by AI. as far as i know this is called by many as "somewhat intelligent" but not AI. HERE IS A LINK] (http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/whatisai/node1.html) that fully defines AI.

as far as i can see, we may have a different notion of what AI is. i just abided on what i have learned in the university.

sorry for making this such a long discussion that has been going on in circles. i rest my case here.

Well what I mean by AI is a program so smart that anyone communicating to it through a text chat terminal would be fooled into thinking he/she were communicating with an actual human being (the so called Turing test). And if you believe this sort of AI can be programmed into a computer (which many computer scientists do believe) then when you get down to it, AI is nothing more than an algorithm or series of algorithms. Thus at the atomic level you can say that intelligence is nothing more than a series of input -> process -> output cycles. That being the case, then AI can be programmed into any computer that meets the basic requirements of a Turing machine, and thus can be programmed into Babbage's Analytic engine, albeit a slightly modified Analytic engine.

angry
October 16, 2006, 05:52 AM
This disscusion about AI has little to do with One Piece, don't you agree? OP is a fictional manga (there are no rubbermen in real life!), so in that sense everything is possible... If you want to discuss AI maybe go to a computer sciences forum?

JoeBaxter
October 16, 2006, 06:00 AM
My apologies to everyone for going off topic and boring everyone. I guess you can say I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to defending my posts.

angry
October 16, 2006, 06:17 AM
So I've noticed ^^

dimska
October 16, 2006, 11:34 AM
One thing about the bounties: Oda is a very good storyteller so he'll surprise us as hell (or at least a little).
That's why I think that the rationalizing of the bounties -he beat two C.P.9, 500 marines and destroyed 7 buildings so he's worth 60M+20M+8M - might work for some of the mugiwaras but I still think we're in for a few big surprises when the bounties'll be announced.
They might be humongous, they might be ridiculous but I'll be damned if I can predict what they'll be (even though it would be fun if Sogeking had a higher bounty than Zorro...)

bax
October 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
But, as far as the bounties are concerned, we may not get to see it this week. Since, there are a lot of things to settle first. Ship and Franky problems are the main concerns here.

For the bounties, I predict it'll be like at least in next week's chapter. Because this will be a major shake up in bounty level, so I bet Oda wants to dedicate a chapter for this one.

jumbohiggins
October 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
i think it might even be two or three weeks untill bountys comeout :scry

zutto06
October 16, 2006, 05:03 PM
Maybe there is a bounty for both Sogeking and Usop ^_^

venicia777
October 16, 2006, 05:42 PM

i honestly dont think the world government will be deceived so blatantly :p this is not Luffy here - ahahahahaha!!!

i think it might even be two or three weeks untill bountys comeout :scry

i think so. There is been quite some talk about bounties and a little concerning AI's in the last pages- whew!!! i guess fans cant wait.

the next chapter may contain something on the WG meeting vis a vis bounties but i think we will see something in the line of the Mugiwara's going back to mend the pieces, like getting a new ship from W7, bonding. etc- that sort of thing.

angry
October 17, 2006, 02:10 AM

Haha, that would be great... and I wouldn't be surprised if Oda would put in something funny like that.

Dark Zeza
October 17, 2006, 04:57 AM
I think the sequel of the saga would be something like, getting ship, Franky join the crew, party, and then bounty come out. So we might have to wait for a little longer to know their bounties.

Debu
October 17, 2006, 05:09 AM

More like just a bounty for Sogeking, leading to a very quick return of Usopp :)

neild
October 17, 2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah, maybe when sogeking gets a bounty, sogeking will escape from SH party
and then that is when usopp kicks in telling luffy and the others that sogeking has told usopp about the situation and he doesnt want to endanger SH crew with his 'high' bounty, therefore he escapes. since usopp already come, then luffy will say hey why dont we forgive each other and stuff...bla2...and usopp once again will become a SH member

cooltube
October 17, 2006, 08:00 AM
[links removed]
Onepiece chapter 431

Today is not wednesday... but... What's this?

Hermie
October 17, 2006, 10:41 AM
Those are the chapter spoilers, released before the actual chapter. discussion about those are strictly in the spoiler section (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=85.0). =)

topkomputer
October 17, 2006, 09:36 PM
It's not sure yet if Franky is going to join the crew or not. If you think again, all galley-la is responsible for what happen in Eneas-Lobby (including kokoro, franky families, giants, paulie and all the shipwrigts). I wonder how they'll escape from world goverment.

I kinda hope that Franky won't join SH since I dislike looking at him wearing that beach panties. Just put a pant for him. I always looking at him as a temporary member just like Vivi.

Anti-panda
October 17, 2006, 10:14 PM
I'll say this ... If franky doesn't join I'll Be SUPER Pissed ....It'll be hard to introduce a more origional or cool character as a shipwright farther down the road ... I mean Super Cyborg ... come on ...
I still say Franky WILL join. :cussing Or else.....

Sanji
October 18, 2006, 05:43 AM
ohh i cant wait for the next issue this week

im very excited for that chapter

and lets see all your predictions if it clicks and got the right prediction!

^_^

Lohnt
October 18, 2006, 06:56 AM
The spoiler text is up on the spoiler thread.. this is a special week, I suggest you guys spoil yourselves and not wait for the raw.

Liampark
October 18, 2006, 08:26 AM
Just to join in the discussion (Old lurker, new poster)

It definitely will be Franky

Besides all the previous points that point to him (most detailed background, strong enough to be part of SH crew, Luffy's drawing, funny factor), one major factor I think is that the SH crew has potentially the best individual crew members in the OP world

Luffy potentially will be the best pirate and fighter in the world
Zorro probably will beat Mihawk and be the best swordsman
Nami potentially will be the best navigator, the first to draw a GL map
Usopp will be potentially the best sniper/sharpshooter in the world
Sanji is already the best or one of the best chefs in the world
Chopper is potentially the best doctor
Robin is already the best archeologist in the world

Now the best shipwright will most likely join the SH crew. So this means either Iceburg or Franky. Paulie isn't even close to these 2 in terms of overall skill. Franky it will be by default as Iceburg is the leader of W7 and probably cannot leave, and Franky will have a huge bounty on his head.

Dark Zeza
October 18, 2006, 09:23 AM
Besides all the previous points that point to him (most detailed background, strong enough to be part of SH crew, Luffy's drawing, funny factor), one major factor I think is that the SH crew has potentially the best individual crew members in the OP world

I agreed, everyone in the crew has his or her specialty aiming for the best. But Paulie want to serve Iceburg, thats his goal, so the remaining choice would be Franky.

And no way he would be joining temporary like Vivi, the crew need shipwright to maintain status and all. Luffy's goal to come here is getting a shipwright.

And about giving him a pant, if you do so he cant use his Centaur Moves. :smile-big

Anyway cant wait for the next chapter. :darn

bobossp
October 18, 2006, 11:51 AM
well I wonder how will the new ship look like.... Hoppe there won't be a franky head instead of the goat :pwned

PseudoKirby
October 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
come on PLEASE, the raw has to come soon, I am dying, everyone is talking about 431 based off of the spoiler threads, I need my fix now :(

mrhappy560
October 18, 2006, 10:56 PM
The spoiler text is up on the spoiler thread.. this is a special week, I suggest you guys spoil yourselves and not wait for the raw.

What does this mean? No OP this week?

Anyways, I originally detested the idea of Franky joining and loved Paulie..but after the arc at the CP9 base, my hopes have been reversed! I really hope franky joins...

I also want to see fairly (although not insanely uber) high bounties on everybody! It will be interesting to see who the government considers the most threatening (other than Luffy and Zoro)

Hermie
October 19, 2006, 08:19 AM
I repeat; NO discussion of the spoilers outside of the spoiler section. I know you're all anxious, but please, try not to tempt people people that doesn't want to be spoiled. :notrust

dfcarolinaguy
October 19, 2006, 08:51 AM
where is the spoiler thread? lol i am still new

bax
October 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
where is the spoiler thread? lol i am still new

It's here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9312.0)

Ayah
October 19, 2006, 08:55 AM
RAW'S OUT! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9927.0).

dfcarolinaguy
October 19, 2006, 09:12 AM
i can't wait to read this

Predator
October 19, 2006, 09:34 AM
OK .... as the tense situation is over and a new story begins ... Begin with The New Chapter (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9927.0).

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST EVENTFULL CHAPTERS EVER!!!

StrawHats are back at Water 7, Luffy can even eat when sleeping, Zorro has ruined a sword, Galley La are building a new ship, but all those are tiny fishes. Same as Franky, who's getting along with our pirate guys. There's something better ..... :smile-big

Rise your hand, those, who thought that Luffy's grandpa could be a Marine. ...... *Silence* .... Thought so!

Dare to guess the next chapter?
I'll give you a few clues: Franky isn't a SH yet, Coby serves under this same Vice Admiral Garp, Zorro uses three sword style, Luffy's a pirate and his gramps is a Marine, which makes them enemy.

Had enough? ........ Predict away!

bax
October 19, 2006, 09:58 AM
I'll open up the discussion. So, Franky said he's gonna make a ship out of a rare tree, huh? The same wood that made Roger's ship.

It's good to see those orange trees back ^_^ More kickings Luffy will receive from Sanji when he tries to pick one of those oranges.

Arcas22
October 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
I'll jump in on this one...

I was under the impression that Vice Admiral Garp was the doggy style guy that Coby serves under (who knew at the time that he was related to Luffy!!). Coby heading over reverse mountain and going to train at marine headquarters is one of my favorite side-character plots of the story. Hopefully we'll get to see what has become of Coby and Helmeppo (especially after all that sword training with Garp's second in command...)

My Predictions:

Franky takes a couple of chapters finishing the ship, and then decides to join because someone needs to maintain it.

The grand reveal (to Luffy anyway :blink) that SogeKing = Usopp, complete with dual-chapter long drama of Usopp returning to the crew.

Garp's special guest turns out to be Coby, who he sticks with the StrawHats as a marine "spy" *wink* *wink*. Garp then leaves, denying all knowledge that he was ever there. We'll get as much explanation of Luffy's relation/past with Garp as much as we have with any of Luffy's past associates or his own past (i.e. not much).

The new bounties are released. Raises for Luffy, Zoro, and Robin, including new bounties for Sanji, Soge King ( :p) and mysterious unnamed deer monster. A bounty for Franky lumps him with the Straw Hats, furthering his decision to come with them and leave Water 7 "for its protection".

Luffy and the gang leave Water 7 and begin to finally make towards shifting the plot to the Whitebeard, Shanks, Pirate Council plot but...

... along the way they'll spend most of 2007 sidetracked with hilarious "in-route" adventures (we'll most likely see Smoker and Tashigi pop up) highlighted by a showdown with the Blackbeard Pirates. (Soge King v. Van Auger - battle of 2007 :o )

cravenight
October 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
I wonder how you are suppose to shape that true if its so hard to cut, also how you turn an island to ship, that would be intresting too bad we won't see it. Eh, i never doubted that the trees were gone.

Ian
October 19, 2006, 11:27 AM
Damnit, i'll say it once and for all...Franky isn't going to become a part of the crew sailing with them and such. Yes, he is a nakama like Vivi but, he won't be going on adventures with them.

It makes sense that Garp is Luffy's grandfather since Aokiji said his grandfather gave him some trouble in the past. It'll be interesting to see how this develops and who the mysterious person is...maybe Luffy's mom or dad :-p[br]Posted on: October 19, 2006, 12:26 PM_________________________________________________oh and what the hell, I thought it was supposed to be a double issue!

Bartserk
October 19, 2006, 12:54 PM
Ian, have you got any guarantee of what you're saying? We are onlyh making PREDICTIONS so don't use big statements like 'Damnit, i'll say it once and for all' as if you possessed the absolute truth. Because to me, it's as clear as water that Franky is going to join the strawhats, but if he doesn't I'm not going to commit suicide for being wrong or something like that.

As you have stated, when I saw Garp I remembered about Coby and Elmepo, I hope we can see how have they both grown up in their experience in the Grand Line ;) And I wonder as well, how much time will it take for the crew to depart, with or without Franky, because what's clear is that their ship isn't already assembled. In this delay they take before leaving from Water 7, lots of things can happen to them, with the marines out there searching for them ;p

Oh, and above everything, I hope in the next chapters we learn a bit more about the Will of D.!!!

P.S - Arcas, I loved that thing about a bounty for franky's head lumping him to join the strawhats. It's a very very good excuse and a fluid and reasonable way to make him enter the party ;)

infyquest
October 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
May be a lil conversation/fight with Garp and some past regarding Luffy is revealed.
I want more..................

ZeroChrome
October 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
guys!!!i need help!!i didn't spot where zoro broke his katana (or probably i missed a chapter? :confused ) which chapter was it? was that after he fought with kaku?

The Boff
October 19, 2006, 02:47 PM
guys!!!i need help!!i didn't spot where zoro broke his katana (or probably i missed a chapter? :confused ) which chapter was it? was that after he fought with kaku?

chater 426 dude. go read it!

MarcKakashi
October 19, 2006, 02:48 PM
http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemangav-2/426mq.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=9159

There you are.

ZeroChrome
October 19, 2006, 02:58 PM
aahh...now i see...thanx guys :clap damn, i hope he gets new katana soon...

princeandrew01
October 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
Very entertaining chapter who knew luffy cud eat in his sleep but thinking about it it makes sense. Well for predictions, well alot of people were close to guessing about the new ship, franky seems to want to build it from that special type of wood and u know thinking about it it kind of makese sense it was either he started building it or was trying to get the materials. I can't really guess anything else we will probably get a shortish backstory of luffy and grandpa maybe see the new bounties or who knows we may jump a few more days where franky already has the ship built.... But all in all the next one will be as entertaining as this one,

mugen
October 19, 2006, 09:46 PM
we're going to get a full screenshot of cody and that other kid unlike that little cameo they had in chapter 431 pg.17.
and garp is most likely just going to warn luffy.

bloodvenom
October 19, 2006, 10:05 PM
What a stunning chapter in One Piece episode, :blink this its seem Oda’s mind is full of suprises. If Garp is really Luffy’s grandpa, Luffy’s parents came from two different world..Marine and Pirate..because Gold Roger is his granpa too, according to the old timer of Grand Line populace.. :eyeroll

My prediction in the upcoming episode will be, Franky will certainly join SH crew since he himself got a bounty on his head. About their ship, I think Galley-La comp. will build another for the SH that might be similar to GM. With Franky join the SH, the new ship might also have a battle feature since Franky are talented in building ships with a lot of weapons. This might be reasonable because the SH become the most dangerous pirate to the WG because of its crew consists of villains that are capable to awaken the ancient weapon, even though the SH themselves didn’t have interest on it.

I know this prediction is way too far :smile-big but I have to say it because its keep on messing with my mind day after day. Another prediction for the upcoming episode I might say is, soon the SH would meet the Blackbeard Pirates and have a furious battle. It is obvious because the BB consists only 5 crew with its own specialty same as the SH, you can guess what it was. About Ace, he maybe have a short encounter with BB but I think the BB would somehow slip away because the right opponent for Fire Fist Ace is Iceman AoKiji. If the SH beat the hell out of BB (who was accepted as a member of Shichibukai), an alliance would soon be formed between the Straw Hats, Whitebeard and Red Hair because of the relationship between Luffy, Ace and Shanks but im still not sure which side Mihawk is. And the WG and Marine would show their true power.

Hahaha these may sound ridiculous but I think its fun….its a prediction anyway, up to Oda to set the Log Pose of One Piece great story.. :p

mrhappy560
October 19, 2006, 10:12 PM
The Chin shots on page 17 look very very similar to Coby and Elmepo (especially Elmepo's butt chin xD). I really hope Franky joins...!!! I'm predicting next chapter that Luffy will meet Coby and Elmepo, his grandpa will warn him, and they might even get to know their new bounties! However, how Garp is going to keep it a secret that he met up with a pirate is beyond me.

Dark Zeza
October 19, 2006, 11:25 PM
This chapter is cool, revealing many things.

Robin is hot on the color page. :p Luffy sleep eating was cracking too. :darn We know what 200-million beri was spent on, same tree which use when building Roger's ship (how did Tom get that tree by the way, was he that rich?). The thing that most serprise me, never thought that Garp (the one in the mini arc page, really loooong time ago) would be luffy's Gramp.

The chilling mood is great too. I like this chap. :smile-big

By the way, could his two subordinate be Koby and Helmeppo?

jinsomnia
October 19, 2006, 11:55 PM
there are number of reason why Franky will join the SH:

-they need a fist specialist (zoro is sword, and sanji is kick)
-Franky' threat to the WG makes him a very wanted man just like Robin. He might as well run from Water 7
-someone needs to maintain the ship (ussop cannot do dat obviously)
-they need a cyborg and a crying musician for gods sake!! :amuse :s :o :eyeroll :blink :p :tem :smile-big :) :darn :oh :notrust ;) :(

Dark Zeza
October 20, 2006, 12:24 AM
Next chapter will show how scary Garp is to Luffy, even a bare punch could hurt Luffy. :darn I think he came to warn Luffy something too, but I dont think he will stop Luffy's dream though. After that it may take a white for Franky to finish the ship (maybe there will be another time skip), then join the crew. :smile-big It would be best for Franky to join since it was his dream to buy the tree, and later on build ship for Luffy. He wont let his ship go to waste, he will join and maintain the ship status.

phoenixz
October 20, 2006, 12:35 AM
yesssssssssssss kolby and helmeppo are backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The Piece
October 20, 2006, 01:01 AM
that's awesome for Franky to build a ship for the mugiwaras. But floating the island is more unthinkable thing to be done. Iceburg-san is really smthing!

erikotaku
October 20, 2006, 01:59 AM
They've been dying to get a shipwright since before Skypiea. Merry's destruction was due to the fact that they dont have one and it would be retarted for anyone else to go with the SH crew. Vivi was also inches from staying with them, so its not like thats a factor. Franky doesnt have a lot to work with. Franky is wanted, he may not be #1 on the list, but after Enies Lobby they will be gunning for him too, and therefore cannot stay. All that, and... he lost his parents as a kid, all signs of being a good SH member =p

I didn't read everyones opinions word for word. While Coby would be the obvious choice is it possible that when he says "I brought someone that I want Monkey D Luffy to meet", could he not be referring to his grandfather form? I only say that cuz he told the others to stay outside.

Zoro has to find a new sword, and now they have 100 mil beri to work with.

Hoping Garp can reveal any information on the Will of the D? Who knows. xxxx D. Garp =p

Usopp and Luffy need to reunite at some point. God knows if that'll happen anytime soon.

Jump 48 shuold just be all OP. Just pump out like 15 chapters =p.

neild
October 20, 2006, 02:26 AM
I got this feeling that Franky will not join the straw hat crew...i dont know..it would be sad, of course...but i just got that hunch..because there are so many surprises coming along the way and maybe franky not joining the SH crew is one of the many big surprises.i mean we all are amazed by how we find out who luffy's grandpa is..and who would have guessed?so the reason of my prediction is oda wants to give something that readers dont expect...its a prediction though, so we got another week to find out

Dark Zeza
October 20, 2006, 02:29 AM
I got this feeling that Franky will not join the straw hat crew...i dont know..it would be sad, of course...but i just got that hunch..because there are so many surprises coming along the way and maybe franky not joining the SH crew is one of the many big surprises.i mean we all are amazed by how we find out who luffy's grandpa is..and who would have guessed?so the reason of my prediction is oda wants to give something that readers dont expect...its a prediction though, so we got another week to find out

But there is no other shipwright beside from Franky, Paulie was busy bossing around "Gonna finish fixing in a month." So it is most likely that Franky will join.

Hoping Garp can reveal any information on the Will of the D? Who knows. xxxx D. Garp =p

Jump 48 shuold just be all OP. Just pump out like 15 chapters =p.

About Garp's greetings, I dont think he refer to himself, he might refer to Koby, since Koby was longing to see Luffy. And I hope they will reveal a little more about the D too, if reveal all it will not be fun huh.

About Jump pump 15 chapters of One Piece, it would be cool, but Oda sensei will die for sure. :darn

Shivman
October 20, 2006, 02:55 AM
What?! Those are Kolby and Helmeppo?!
Ohemfurgh!!!!!!
Who would've known that Garp is Luffy's grandpa!
There go the theories that Gold roger was Luffy's grandfather....
I have a feeling that the pace of the comic is gonna speed up now! Hopefully....

flatbush
October 20, 2006, 05:23 AM
i think franky wont join the SH too, since he said the tree that wont be destroy even if a person start a war on the island blah blah....
unless the marines r coming and franky need to fix on the go for them

Lohnt
October 20, 2006, 05:37 AM
I think chapter 432 will focus on Garp, Coby and Helmeppo, that's all. The ending will likely be a suprise that will lead them into the next arc, like Franky Family busting in and saying "we've found it!" (the tree) or Garp telling Luffy to join the marines (Shichibukai) etc.. just something surprising (those were examples, not guesses).

itisa87
October 20, 2006, 06:26 AM
wow another suprise...
two grandfather .one a marine,one a pirate!!
they said garp even had duel with roger..
that means from the beginning luffy need to chose which path to go.
either a pirate or marine.
anyway, i'm not suprise if franky join them or otherwise.he had both reason to join or not to join.
btw,that punch from garp was super quick..i wonder what suprise sensei oda have next.

bax
October 20, 2006, 07:57 AM
By the way, could his two subordinate be Koby and Helmeppo?

Very possible, in fact I'm almost sure it's them. Garp is the one who brought Coby and Helmeppo into the Marines under his wing. Who else could it be? And notice those new hairstyles too :grin

But, based on Prince Scan, both of them call Garp, Vice-Admiral. Should be enough to tell on how strong Aokiji, two other admirals and Sengoku are. Garp is just a Vice-Admiral, who cornered Gol D. Roger many times before, and that was 2o years ago. After that long, he only managed to stay as Vice-Admiral?

zutto06
October 20, 2006, 08:00 AM
You notice on the last page, Kokoro face is still the same, when everyone is surprised.

Or.. she always have that same face for any reaction..

bax
October 20, 2006, 08:02 AM
My early prediction:

Next chapter is all talk. We get to know why Garp is there, perhaps to tell Luffy what the Marines are planning to do with him. And maybe the revelation of Coby and helmeppo too. First scene, Coby and Helmeppo attack Luffy. Then some friendly talk and warning that they will hunt for SH after this.

Iceburg may make an appearance too, since the whole Water7 is now shocked by the arrrival of the legendary Garp. Perhaps iceburg knows Garp *wild guess*. Oh yeah, and the comfirmation of Garp being Lufy's grandpa too.

Dogolath
October 20, 2006, 08:49 AM
OK, in the spirit of this chapter's huge plot twist, I'm going to predict something that probably no one may have expected, and that is Admiral Kizeru (Yellow Monkey) is actually Spandine, Spandam's father. Also, I predict that Garp is at W7 to warn Luffy about an impending Buster Call, led by Admiral Spandine and his son Spandam, coming their way to Water 7 and to tell him and his crew to get the hell out of dodge as soon as possible, or else they'll be endangering everyone in Water 7. Then Usopp ends up saving Water 7 from the Buster Call becoming the hero of the city.