PDA

View Full Version : Anime Your favorite fillers Ever!

THM Nindo
May 23, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,

I see a lot of people complaining about the fillers that are crappy, but I recall a couple of things that I liked a lot and that were in the fillers.

So, here's the place to talk about the good things that the fillers gave us.

Here's a few that I can think right now :

- Shino laughing his ass off
This was priceless. Especially that Naruto is afraid and know that something is wrong. :p

- Hinata dancing (training) naked on the lake
I liked that one a lot. Especially that Hinata (the super shy girl) would go naked to train. And Naruto see her (without recognizing her)... that was nice!

- Shikamaru and his father after Asuma's death
This episode was really really good and well done. It was all centered on Shikamaru and how he reacted to Asuma's death. Really good.

... I can probably think of some more later!

What are your favorite?

Zero Sama
May 23, 2009, 10:00 AM
well actually I despise fillers!:eyeroll
but that episode about shikamaru after asuma's death was really good!
I admit it!

Bohemia22
May 23, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah those 2 eps with that new director or something were totally badass, even though 3/4 filler.

naruto91
May 23, 2009, 01:03 PM
kurenai's filler arc
sambi's filler arc

Googlez_kun
May 23, 2009, 01:08 PM
@TheHomeMade Nindo
well , actually only the ones you mentioned!!:sweat
ahh yes!i have another one: remember naruto pissing on ino?:XD

digitaldude
May 23, 2009, 01:48 PM
QUESTION: your favourite filler?
ANSWER: I HAVE NO FAVOURITE FILLERS.

-Ren Boy-
May 23, 2009, 02:08 PM
Well I haven't got a faviourite filler ARC

but one episode which was classic which is the reaction Sasuke,Naruto and Sakura got when trying to get Kakashi to take off his mask

that episode was classic :p

"under this mask...is...another mask"

adel123456789
May 24, 2009, 01:54 PM

but one episode which was classic which is the reaction Sasuke,Naruto and Sakura got when trying to get Kakashi to take off his mask

i liked that episode. and the hinata traning arc in the first part.

Pyrogunz
May 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
I would have to say my favourite filler is when Rock Lee fights Gai in that fake training-doll mansion. That was truly amazing :) close second is when Naruto fights Lee in his dojo that he made. You all know what I'm talking about :)

LALAPUI
May 25, 2009, 12:32 PM
I like the first naruto series filler the raiga arc and a little of the anko arc and the laughing shino episode that's alll all the fillers exept those arc i hate them all.
[hr]
Oh almost forgot the kakashis under the mask episode.

maideth
May 25, 2009, 01:28 PM
i liked the episode of the two fakes gai and lee trying to enter in konoha ,can't remember much of it though just that i laughed

Osprey
May 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
Stuff like episode 82 with Shikamaru after Asuma's death isn't really filler to me. It was just parts of canon combined with added scenes to create an episode that was part of a canon arc. It filled in the blanks Kishi couldn't in the manga while sticking closely to the story. There is actually a great deal of "filler" like this in Part 1 since Kishi left gaps for the anime to fill. Temari vs Tenten, Sasuke vs. Temari, Kimimaro's backstory etc.

True filler(the bad kind) to me is something that either never occurred in the manga or the anime taking a scenario and then stretching it over a bunch of episodes. Like taking the canon idea of the Sanbi getting captured, adding a slew of new characters, and an entire fabricated storyline over 20 episodes. That's filler.

So favorite filler? I sort of like the last Part 1 filler arc with Gaara and the Sand Siblings.

DARK
May 26, 2009, 03:13 PM
I really did not like the fillers at all- they were kinda boring. Bleach's fillers were slightly better, One Piece's fillers are downright horrible, and D-Grayman's fillers are a perfect example as to how fillers should be.

Kusachu
July 16, 2009, 05:19 AM
Kakashi and Shikamaru vs. Kakuzu and Hidan :confetti

Episode 101 (What's under Kakashi's Mask?) :rofl

Those two were half canon though, so they sort of don't count.

and...The Laughing Shino. :rofl

All others are worthless. Well, the one with Suigetsu was cool, but only because I like Suigetsu and was happy to see more of him. That one was a little canon too though.
[hr]

i liked the episode of the two fakes gai and lee trying to enter in konoha ,can't remember much of it though just that i laughed

That one wasn't complete crap either. I sort of liked that one too I guess. :p
[hr]

well actually I despise fillers!:eyeroll
but that episode about shikamaru after asuma's death was really good!
I admit it!

Oooooh, I forgot about that too. Yeah, that one was very good. :nod

nianiote
July 16, 2009, 06:15 AM
laughing Shino
Lee Dojo
Gai et Lee impersonators
the arc with the konoha 11 and that old man who rigged the whole village
raiga (only because of the cury of life)

nahkampfbiber
July 16, 2009, 06:35 AM
I thought the beginning of the "Anko's past"-filler arc was pretty good. I mean pretty much everything until they all were going FREAKIN' FISHMEN WATER TENTACLE BOSS WTF? HELL NO!

I also like that single episode, where the Genin each have to lead a team of academy students for a day. Mostly because I would love to see some of the kids again. (I hoped at that time for a Chuunin exam for Naruto, even though it's pretty certain now, that we'll never get that.)

And obviously the episode of Shikamaru mourning over Asuma.
I seriously doubt that Kishimoto could have done that one better. It's perfection from start to finish.

sindergi
July 16, 2009, 06:38 AM
The only "filler" i liked were the funny ones - like the one with Kakashi┬┤s mask or the one with the laugh of shino.

Newkerzy
July 16, 2009, 07:10 AM
-Anko arc
-the Konoha 11 arc with the guy who rigged the entire village.
-Laughting Shino.

jebebs
July 16, 2009, 08:14 AM
a few episodes after Asuma died.
it was better than a lot of the cannon episodes.

Majin Trunks
July 16, 2009, 10:44 AM
raiga (only because of the cury of life)

You're joking about the curry of life right? That was the worst part of the anime I think. Raiga was cool but the curry of life was horrible.

The Kakashi thing with the mask is actually canon I remember reading it in the manga, but they made a whole episode of it.

nianiote
July 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
You're joking about the curry of life right? That was the worst part of the anime I think. Raiga was cool but the curry of life was horrible.

The Kakashi thing with the mask is actually canon I remember reading it in the manga, but they made a whole episode of it.

The curry of life was funny, especially when people (poor neiji) ate it.

Raiga was a huge disappointment for me.
As one of the 7 swordmen of the Mist, I expected much more from him in terms of abilities (tai, nin).
What was his goal again? giving funerals ? talk about a total joke.
He is nowhere near Zabuza or Kisame.

And they didn't even name his sword.

kai-uchiha
July 16, 2009, 11:38 AM
the one about genmo the trapper and the konoha eleven.
and the one where they search for the bikochu beatle.
plus of course the "find out what's beneath kakashi's mask" episode!!

DARK
July 21, 2009, 12:36 AM
I only have two favorite fillers of any Naruto continuity; the first one being the Onbaa episode and the second one being the Akamaru episode. That's it, cuz any of the other fillers are boring 5-episode story arcs.

Frankly, Shippuden fillers SUCK.

kai-uchiha
July 21, 2009, 08:56 AM
I only have two favorite fillers of any Naruto continuity; the first one being the Onbaa episode and the second one being the Akamaru episode. That's it, cuz any of the other fillers are boring 5-episode story arcs.

Frankly, Shippuden fillers SUCK.

oh yeah, i actually forgot about those.
i liked them also so that makes 5 fillers for me i guess:

-the one about genmo the trapper and the konoha eleven.
-the one where they search for the bikochu beatle.
-the "find out what's beneath kakashi's mask" episode!!
-the legend of onbaa ep.
-the akamaru might be infected with horrible decease episode

wow turns out i'm quite the filler lover :facepalm

kyubisharingan
July 21, 2009, 02:20 PM

quoted for truth. CLEARLY the best (and first) filler

LiL_JiRiyAya
July 21, 2009, 05:09 PM
when gara fought the ultimate weapon

Galbert-Kun
July 21, 2009, 08:08 PM
laughing Shino
lee dojo
Menma

Kuranzyan
July 22, 2009, 11:22 AM
Laughing Shino.
Unmask Kakashi!
Onbaa.
Ino the Substitute Bride was funny in it's own way.
Last but not least the extended fights between Kakuzu + Hidan vs Two-tails and Chiriku. That 1000-arm technique just pwnd the hell out of them.

Black Lagoon
July 22, 2009, 11:50 AM
Unmask Kakashi!
Shino laughing his ass off
Shikamaru and his father after Asuma's death

for being funny that's all, except Shika

firework
July 22, 2009, 06:01 PM
laughing shino was okay, not great imo

i liked bikoucho because shino was my fave char and it showed his abilities

i also liked the explosion tag arc. i like seeing all of konoha 11.

and the crystal arc, mainly because of guren and shino

not much else, i never watched the shikamaru-asuma death episode
what episode was that? i may watch it

heiky0711
July 22, 2009, 11:31 PM
1. The raiga filler
2. The ramen episode
3. the one where the old guy's hair popped off and naruto trying to hold his laugh

Nonlife
July 22, 2009, 11:49 PM
Anko's filler (cause she's fi-yi-yine!)
Mizuki' arc (it's centered near the end of Part I canon)

anthonyz
July 25, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, what episode numbers are the Lee Dojo and Laughing Shino stuff in? I can't remember... :(

heiky0711
July 26, 2009, 02:39 AM
Hey guys, what episode numbers are the Lee Dojo and Laughing Shino stuff in? I can't remember... :(
The laughing shino - episode 186: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edn8zx74Bok

Just to add another filler: the ino shika chou- episode 145 :)

DARK
July 30, 2009, 09:10 PM
Laughing Shino, the Onbaa episode, and parts of the Bikochu and Sea Country Arcs (the ones with Anko and Hinata in prominence).

misterchaos
August 17, 2009, 04:53 AM
my favourite filler was laughing shinoa and when ayame dissapeared and chouji sakura and naruto helped teuchi

kaizoku king
August 17, 2009, 11:19 PM
1.i liked the laughing shino.
2.the peeing on ino only because he peed on ino.
3. there was this filler where naruto met a dude with a flute that boost chakra i liked that
4.everyone loves the kakashi mask one.
5.laughing shino yh
6.i watched the beatle hunting one like 3 times

m0rph3us
August 18, 2009, 03:40 AM
my favorite filler was the first movie. all the other filler episodes in the hole series suck. the movies are at least half-decent. well.....most of the movies suck as well but the first one was damn good

Proxy
August 18, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hinata's waterfall and her moment of awsomeness with the Protection 64 palms, Naruto pissing on Ino was priceless, taking off Kakashi's mask and last but definately not least, episode 82 where Shikamaru mourns Asuma and then owns.

Belisar
August 18, 2009, 08:28 AM
gaara vs the arms dealer village.
byakugan's natural enemy.

ornis
August 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
Kakashi and Shikamaru vs. Kakuzu and Hidan :confetti

Episode 101 (What's under Kakashi's Mask?) :rofl

Those two were half canon though, so they sort of don't count.

and...The Laughing Shino. :rofl

All others are worthless.

I bet your first choice considers some pretty good parts absent from the manga, probably including were Shika "debuts" his Suiton scroll. I think that's nice filler inside a canon episode. The episode's director lets us explore how Shika could get around his unique restriction form using elemental/qualitative chakra. I enjoy quality filler like that.

I also like what I call "action padding dilation" in episodes like Ep. 30: Sharingan Revived (Orochimaru challenges Team 7 to get to Sasuke) and Ep 133: Roar of Tears (You are my Friend). Bright, lively, and surreal, Naruto and Sasuke's fight at Konoha's Valley of the End arguably remains great anime. Orochimaru's debut is also generous as he confronts Sasuke remarkably better in their anime tussle versus their manga version.

Quite like a pupil expanding to let more light in your eye, action in those episodes expands or dilates so greatly and gracefully that it makes the episodes beefier, savorier, at least lets them linger longer in my mind. The director(s) of those shows possibly iron out what could be, for lack of better terms, assumptive "depth of action" issues from those episodes' native manga chapters; for one, how deep should those chapters go into action?

Manga action may be slightly thin to some of us, yet story might fit better here and there in a thin wafer of combat or war. How much violence can Kishi stuff in each of his chapters though? How much should he stuff? You might say that such action issues in Naruto's manga hardly appear or matter before you stare at their anime "solutions," as you gape at accctshun DIE-layshhhhun! (action dilation)

<.Haruka.>
August 18, 2009, 08:47 PM
1.i liked the laughing shino.
4.everyone loves the kakashi mask one.

lol those were really funny & i love the most (plus when naruto takes home onbaa & how it grows with him) :D

Alterno
August 03, 2010, 07:04 AM
So far we have 2 anime exclusive filler arcs, in the Shippuuden era, I was wondering which of the fillers arc we enjoyed more, as right now, I'm watching one of them.

Fire Temple arc: Kazuma/Furido, Asuma, Furido, Naruto, etc..
Sanbi Arc: Guren, Kabuto, Yuukimaru, Rinji, Naruto, etc..

Raido-Senpai
August 03, 2010, 08:11 AM
And what's with the arc of Utakata, the six-tailed Jinchuuriki? This was a filler too.

@Topic
I don't really watch fillers, I only watch the fights but I skip the story since it's totally unimportant...

Alterno
August 03, 2010, 08:20 AM
And what's with the arc of Utakata, the six-tailed Jinchuuriki? This was a filler too.

@Topic
I don't really watch fillers, I only watch the fights but I skip the story since it's totally unimportant...
omg.. i totally forgot about it.... thanks...

THM Nindo
August 03, 2010, 08:21 AM
There's already a thread regarding favorite fillers :
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49319

The Sora one was actually entertaining and it was nice to go more in depth with Asuma's story, right before he went for its last mission.

The other two fillers were pretty bad, but the Utakata one was less worst...
The Sanbi arc was far too long and cheesy...

Alterno
August 03, 2010, 08:49 AM
There's already a thread regarding favorite fillers :
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49319

The Sora one was actually entertaining and it was nice to go more in depth with Asuma's story, right before he went for its last mission.

The other two fillers were pretty bad, but the Utakata one was less worst...
The Sanbi arc was far too long and cheesy...

Thanks and sorry didn't see the thread, hopefully mods will merger our topics and add a third option for the poll with the Utakata's arc. thanks.

merged threads and added poll option

DARK
August 03, 2010, 10:45 AM
Judging by the poll choices, I assume this is a thread for Shippuden-only fillers?

I'm not really a fan of the Shippuden fillers, tbh. The only one I can barely tolerate was the Utakata filler, because it wasn't as long as the others (8 episodes). It also has some, and I mean, some relation to the canon. You know, even if the timeline is messed up, Utakata's Biju is still extracted from him and he dies. Also, we get a little sneak peek of Pain.

Whoever created this thread should edit the poll choices to include the Part I fillers as well, since this is the "Naruto" anime thread not just "Naruto Shippuden" anime. Furthermore, it will bring up an easier discussion. It's easy to say that some of my favorite fillers in the Naruto continuity are from Part I.

My favorite filler of any Naruto series, obviously, has to be Laughing Shino. Shino really goes out of character just to complete the mission. I'm talking about how he transforms into the father who is supposedly dead and saying "inappropriate" puns just to get his adult children laughing. It also has a really good and enlightning lesson at the end: money doesn't bring happiness and laughing together as a family brings the family together. Again, I'm not a fan of filler but this one was definitely one of the better ones, imo.