PDA

View Full Version : Discussion My first manga was...and why

liufu
May 24, 2009, 09:23 PM
I wonder what your first manga was?
It is also the one that get you to start reading manga from then on???
My first manga would be "Maison Ikkoku" on onemanga and it was Rumiko Takahashi that i continue to read her mangas and it expand from it. And I often read manga on sunmanga now,used I often go to onemanga,but I found its search button doesn't do much help. not detailed enough .
Now it your turn to tell everyone ur very first manga!!!

Forever_Melody
May 24, 2009, 09:29 PM
Inu Yasha was my first manga IIRC. Man that was a long series and I was a bit sad when it finally ended lol :p

mugen
May 25, 2009, 10:45 AM
pretty sure it was naruto :paperbag

redcometfm
May 26, 2009, 04:03 AM
Bio-Booster Armor Guyver (havent stopped loving it, no matter its incompleteness).

bax
May 26, 2009, 05:55 AM
My very first manga was Doraemon. That was back when I was 5 or 6. Though, I probably won't really call it as the series which started my regular manga reading. But I've been reading manga since then, but not as much as today. Almost 20 years of manga reading now.

Kaiten
May 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
Inuyasha and not proud of it >.<

The anime was on Adult Swim, and it was a good anime, when it ended I wanted to know what happened next. Little did I know.......

Onomatopoeia
May 26, 2009, 10:13 PM
In before anyone else says One Piece.

Watched it a bit on Toonami and enjoyed the dub more or less. Eventually I went on youtube to see it because I knew I could get it their( a few years after I first saw it, mostly because I didn't want to watch it weekly), 300 episodes later, a couple dozen red bulls, and about a month afterwards I finally finished the anime and wanted to see more and I got impatient.

Learned what manga meant and started to read OP.

Good first manga I think.

Doragon
May 27, 2009, 12:34 AM
Case Closed.

Siberia
May 27, 2009, 01:23 AM
Sailormoon........the first manga that I spent my little pocket money on......

Koen
May 27, 2009, 01:27 AM
My first manga I read or I bought? Because there's a difference between them. The first manga I read was dragonball and the first one I bought has to be either shaman king or naruto (I think it was naruto)

Finestela
May 27, 2009, 04:17 AM
Doraemon and Please Save My Earth... :p

WarriorKK
May 27, 2009, 06:37 AM
Doraemon - It's first manga in childhood of everyone (at least in my country).
First shoujo manga - Sailor Moon.
First shounen manga - Dragon Ball.

Revilenigma
May 27, 2009, 05:15 PM
I guess it was Dragon Ball when I was a kid, the first scanlation I read was Bleach.

Sloggett
May 28, 2009, 03:19 AM
HunterXHunter
Yu-Gi-Oh!

Binky
May 28, 2009, 07:12 PM
Bleach. Now I can barely stomach reading it, though it is occasionally unintentionally hilarious.

How sad, I should have more nostalgia... Where has my innocence gone? :amuse

[Cross]
May 28, 2009, 07:39 PM
I've seen quite a lot of anime but never read much manga until my friend gave me his Black Cat Volumes so I guess Black Cat.

predsfan
May 29, 2009, 03:47 AM
Inuyasha and not proud of it >.<

The anime was on Adult Swim, and it was a good anime, when it ended I wanted to know what happened next. Little did I know.......

Aww, come now, Inuyasha wasn't that bad, I rather enjoyed the entire series (but what can I say, I still thoroughly enjoy Bleach).

Oh, and make that 3 for Inuyasha being the first manga I ever read. If it weren't for Inuyasha's anime being stopped, I don't know if I would ever know that animes are generally manga adaptations :p, and anything that lead me to the wonderful world of One Piece is okay in my books :D.

kim09
June 10, 2009, 07:48 PM
Doraemon lulz when I was 5 (illiterate at that time)

DrPepperPro
June 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
Berserk.

Negative Syndicate
June 11, 2009, 09:21 AM
My first manga was volume 16 of Slam Dunk, when I was about 4 or 5. Furthermore, I didn't know Sakuragi cut his hair during that time, I thought main protagonist was changed.

kakashi919
June 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
my first manga was History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi... got me reading a lot of other manga too...

Drmke
June 22, 2009, 01:20 AM
Dragonball. or actually Dragonball Z volume 1. I got it in a school book order magazine in the 6th grade along with issue 9 of the american shonen jump. opened up a whole new world for me. ahh...good times

El Autor
June 25, 2009, 06:22 PM
Dragon Ball

shades7000
June 26, 2009, 01:47 PM
Naruto, i started reading it after beginning to watch the saving Gaara arc in shippuden, really got me interested in manga, then it was Bleach, ah yes...

spawesome
June 26, 2009, 04:15 PM
My first manga is The third, the girl with blue eyes..and i still have it :)

Succubus
June 26, 2009, 10:26 PM
berserk at 14 years old

Weapon_X
June 27, 2009, 09:46 AM
My first manga was Hellsing. I really got into it due to the amazing art and plot. The main character is one of the best and the coolest main characters ever in any manga, and last but not least it was about VAMPIRES!

But the best thing was the art, it had amazing art. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hellsing, it started out in 1997, one of the oldest mangas. :)

mayoi
June 28, 2009, 05:33 AM
Ummm i think it was naruto or bleach....

ssjohn
June 30, 2009, 08:36 AM
For me it was either Gundam Wing or Pokemon, both were single chapter 'issues' and both were 'flipped'.

I didn't 'really' get into manga until a few years later when i checked out Shonen Jump, as soon as i started reading that I started getting into Scanlations :)

sindergi
June 30, 2009, 08:49 AM
Manga = Dragonball
Anime = Akira - still thinks is one of best :D

Arch!
July 02, 2009, 01:01 PM
Inuyasha was my first manga and anime. Oh, those were the days (XD.)

Blackthornhiei
July 09, 2009, 07:30 AM
First manga... I guess it all started when Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2 were all the rage in Latin America. A friend showed me a Dragon Ball volume in korean. Then I started special ordering Ranma 1/2. That's what started my collecting.

Wait... technically the first manga I ever had my hands (though not the one that really got me into reading) was a comic-book sized, flipped, one shot by Ippongi Bang that was published by Antartic Press, if I remember correctly. I think I still have it around...

Franckie
July 10, 2009, 02:39 AM
If I remember correctly, GTO.

Totinona
July 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
It might have been Naruto considering I saw the anime first, but I always think of "My Boy x My Love" as my first manga.:amuse

Izkity
July 13, 2009, 05:47 AM
Chobits.

Black Lagoon
July 13, 2009, 07:09 AM
first Manga I read was Dragon ball, then Slam dunk ...

L0ki
July 14, 2009, 03:17 PM
Ranma 1/2

Do Kesubei
July 15, 2009, 05:05 PM
Either Magic Knight Rayearth - published by MiXX, so the pages fell out after two weeks - or Oh My Goddess, back when Dark Horse just threw random chapters into each graphic novel. I can't remember which one I bought first, but I preferred OMG.

Enma Ai
July 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
Naruto.

weehoo107
July 18, 2009, 09:23 PM
well, believe it or not, it was one piece. my friend was getting the books and I had no idea what i was getting my self into. soon i grew addicted to it.

a few weeks later my brother started talking about this Naruto thing and how it was really cool and all and I didn't believe him. i thought it was pretty stupid sounding, so I didn't even bother trying to read it...

all i remember was picking up a Naruto book somewhere and falling in love after the first page. from then on, One Piece came second.

first anime?? sprited away.

igotthegoods
July 19, 2009, 10:21 PM
Chalk up another one for Inuyasha. I got into the anime on Adult Swim first and then eventually found the manga. It's no longer one of my favorites, but it still holds a special place in my heart for leading me to bigger and better things. <3

Saint Markus
July 20, 2009, 08:30 PM
King of Hell (majeh), the first manga that really got me into reading manga and collected it. been a manga fan for 6 years now because of this title, even though the story hasn't been much lately, i still read it. Hope it gets better in the next couple of years.

cleodux
July 21, 2009, 03:59 AM
My first manga was Candy Candy. Last time i am so amused with the trend on shoujo art where the mangaka always whitening the eyes whenever some character show emotion, like suprises, angry etc. If you read Glass Mask you will now what i mean lol.

I can't believe it has been almost 20 freaking years since i know what is manga >.< basically one girl bring a vol to school, and everybody were like. OMG let me see bla bla bla... it was like if you have not read it thats mean you behind the trend lol. And soon everyone got manga fever, competing to buy manga to be the first.

My first shounen manga is Kungfu Boy Chinmi (tekken chinmi?)

blai
July 21, 2009, 08:00 AM
Naruto, then Love Hina.

BlindMunkey
July 22, 2009, 01:43 AM
wooo-hooo!! my first manga was D.Gray-Man.. i love it. both manga and anime. also it seems im the only one to lose my manga virginity with DGM. lol

shiia96
July 22, 2009, 09:22 PM
It was one piece and I thought that naruto was the most ridiculous thing i had ever heard of...
I'm Sooooo sorry I said that.Don't worry kishi-sensei, I will never diss or reject naruto like that ever again.:wtf

LNsu
July 24, 2009, 03:52 AM
Funny cause my first "manga" was a manwha. >___>
K2 or Kill me, Kiss me. Randomly got it from my friends bag while we were waiting for something and I instantly loved it, but I didn't really start getting obsessed with manga until like 4-5 years later where I am now, reading too many to keep up with. Ho ho~, I'm not ashamed one bit.

nalex94
July 26, 2009, 12:56 AM
Bleach Anime then Naruto Manga

Katekyo Hitman Reborn is my Favorite though

Gecko Moria
July 26, 2009, 04:35 AM
First manga and anime: Cardcaptor Sakura by CLAMP

Max Mojito
July 27, 2009, 02:00 AM
the one and only ONE PIECE iv been reading it ever since the alabasta arc

Pirulito
July 27, 2009, 08:41 PM
Love Hina.
Ohhh, dark past!

Though I was introduced in this world through anime versions of Dragon Quest: Dai no Daiboken, Dragon Ball and Magic Knight Rayearth

blai
July 28, 2009, 06:46 AM
:o Dark Past? Love Hina was the shit when I read it :x

Ustegius
July 31, 2009, 09:31 AM
First manga I ever read was Akira. I've always been into comics, and one day surfing the comics shelf in library I came across with it. Even though I liked it a lot, I didn't acknowledge it as a manga back then.

Some years later, Dragonball hit the stores here, I bought the first two volumed before it was drawn back. Yes, the aunties in big flower ornamented hats got really angry because it had nudity! That delayed the coming of big manga wave to Finland, though it didnät stop me since I were well aware of the wonders of the Internet :D

shaheer
August 03, 2009, 07:31 AM
my first manga was stray dog ,but i read Gantz immediately.or prob simultaneously at the same time

Boagrious
August 03, 2009, 10:18 PM
Incredibly shameful I have to say that Naruto was my first manga, and then I started reading and watching more because of the greatness of the Hellsing series.

Draco1988
August 04, 2009, 08:37 AM
Doraemon and all of its glory
then Dragonball and sailormoon XD

Amit
August 05, 2009, 10:04 AM
Hmm, my first manga was Get Backers. Guess that's another unique first manga.

dumbyugi
August 05, 2009, 06:49 PM
Ironfist Chinmi was my first manga. Found it at the library and thought it looked cool and it was but I haven't been able to find it for years sadly.

Eshvoide
August 06, 2009, 05:43 PM
- Ranma 1/2, before they came out in volumes from a local comic book store.
- First anime (since there are a few talking about it): Ronin Warriors (aka Yoroiden Samurai Troopers)

Chidori602
August 09, 2009, 09:24 AM
My first manga was naruto. really good and unique manga.

destiny4ever
August 12, 2009, 10:26 AM
Inuyasha. why? Because of the horrible ending the anime had. <_< Another reason why I’m so glad they are bringing back the anime!:D

slippy
August 14, 2009, 03:50 AM
one piece, because i got tired of the story being far behind with the anime, had to switch

tasuki00
August 14, 2009, 12:14 PM
Naruto when I was 17. I heard the manga went past the anime. I stopped watching anime for the most part after that.

BBB Banana
August 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
Well I started by watching Dragon ball anime the I started buying DB and DBZ's tanks when I was seven.
But i stopped and then started reading manga and wacthing anime thaks to "The law of ueki" and i loved it.

feisu-chan
August 17, 2009, 07:50 AM
NARUTO... after i watched the anime... i only read it because i was bored at work... but now, i'm glued!!! and i hate it when i have to wait for days and weeks to read the next chapter...

and now, i'm all about CLAMP manga!!! just finished the released KOBATO chapters today... i want more CLAMP!!!:mokona:mokona:mokona:mokona

misterchaos
August 17, 2009, 01:33 PM
Naruto

Polemidis
August 22, 2009, 09:09 AM
I think it was Berserk... for one beacuse I wasn't satisfied with 25 eps and beacuse I had a 56k modem so it was kinda hard to download animes... and exchanges via mail took a long time ;p

Mitsuicide
September 19, 2009, 01:14 AM
My first manga would probably have to be Naruto because i saw it on Toonami
But Negima holds my heart :)

Verilance
September 21, 2009, 04:53 AM
The first manga I ever bought was Dragonball for my son but the first manga I ever bought for myself was Claymore cuz I started reading it in the bookstore and liked it

RomanDogBird
September 21, 2009, 11:05 PM
It had to have been Dragon Ball. I probably started reading it in 2001 when I was 10. I had seen Dragon Ball Z already either a year or two before thanks to my cousin (who introduced me to many things, both good and bad, now I'm pretty sure neither of us have any similar tastes) and a few other anime by the time I started reading it.

It's still a favorite of mine, as is much of Toriyama's other work (I like Dr. Slump even more, despite having read Viz's semi-lousy release. It's still funny as hell, but the underage alcohol and smoking cover ups are just annoying and embarrasing to look at, especially since many of them are so blantantly obvious.).

Evil3ye
September 22, 2009, 08:20 AM
mmmhh.. It was Dragon Ball, I assume, read some at my friends house. The first volume I ever bought was not that long ago, few months only, and it was Naruto.

Googlez_kun
September 27, 2009, 05:13 AM
the first volume i ever bought was Yu-Gi-Oh!
and why?because i was playing the card game and was collecting the cards and watched the anime^^
then i heard that there was an anime season,that wasn't shown in germany and that there was a manga about it,so i bought it:)afterwards i was starting to buy naruto and after that other manga,but my first was Yu-Gi-Oh! and i even finished the series(36 volumes),which took some time,because they in germany needed so long to publish them,eventhough it was allready finished in japan years ago -_-;

Xadyu
September 27, 2009, 03:50 PM
The first manga I bought was Dragonball, I saw it at this household store, it was the dutch version and only 2 gulden (back then, that would be around 1€ nowadays), if I remember right it was vol.19, afterwards I also bought 3,18 and 21-23.

That was ages ago tho', after my shitload of American and European comics, I started an actual collection (DB manga was no more, gone.. don't ask where to), and my first manga then was Onegai Teacher, complete in one go.

Followed with One Piece, Detective Conan, Gun Blaze West and some of Akira Toriyama's smaller works (Sandland, Cowa! etc.)

Big Al
October 01, 2009, 09:36 PM
I was very young lad (about 5-7 years old, I think) when I first read the manga that my mom brought for me (she know nothing about manga at that time, lol).

However, I think I were read one of Jump magzine (I think) in English, I remeber only 2-3 page from that, 1) Akira, where joker try to fix his biker (can't remember where that were, been awhile since I read akira). 2) Gunsmith Cat, I never forget that page, even now, Vol.2 page 21 (if you have read it, you'll know :P). 3) Nothing much out of that but I do remember one thing...two lads on wood boat/ship? with all dead dino/monster/something all around them two lads...???

That was it, I lost that magzine years after and never read any manga til I were about 19-20 years old!

PS. if you guy know what I on about no.3 and that magzine, please PM me.

Mushashi
November 19, 2009, 03:25 AM
flopped beserk in 1993. owned son.

thornofcarrion
November 19, 2009, 04:09 AM
Guyver in 1998-ish can't even remember. Its still going on and one of my favorites.

Mushashi
November 19, 2009, 04:13 AM
ive tried to start that manga heaps but ive never been able to keep it.

thornofcarrion
November 19, 2009, 04:16 AM
ive tried to start that manga heaps but ive never been able to keep it.

I know, the manga occasionally goes on break. Still I am able to keep track of it, if you need a site that updates it more frequently, i can PM you the link.

How far have you read the series?

Mushashi
November 20, 2009, 12:45 AM
chapter 43, i found it on MT ^.^ thanks anyway starting to get addicted to this manga now :o

thornofcarrion
November 20, 2009, 12:54 AM
The best thing about this manga is it rarely have filler chapter. The artwork and story is just too awesome.

Hmm, chapter 43, so much happened after the chapter. You have to read it the rest, I assure you you will be thrilled with the developments afterward.

Just read chapter 174. Some shocking info. The story is going awesome and with new revelations, it even got better.

Keyshaaa
November 20, 2009, 03:42 AM
For me my first manga was Naruto but then i hated manga alot that time (idk why i liked anime better lol) so i didnt continue untill i met this friend of mine who got me into manga lol it started with Fairy Tail when i continued to look for more manga to read ^^

Mushashi
November 20, 2009, 04:44 AM
thats like wat happend with me to

Akiyama
July 21, 2010, 06:32 AM
/me sighs

I have to admit my first series I started reading was Naruto. It's a good starter manga for anyone interested in shonen I would say. The easiest series to find scans and plenty of websites dedicated where you could talk about the series. Of course once you start you can't stop, it's an addiction and you find more and more different series to read. It's an endless cycle of doom.

hibar90
July 21, 2010, 07:37 AM
Back then when I was 5-6 I can't really afford to collect or buy manga. So my first anime was doraemon and DBZ. And they were really hot. There were other anime, but I don't think they're from manga.

But the first manga I've collected was Ninja Hattori-kun, by Fujkio Fujio. It was pretty good and more accurate portrayal of ninja than naruto lol.

Asarii
July 21, 2010, 11:21 AM
I first started reading manga from a shoujo magazine, Nakayoshi. Any series that ran in the 2001 issues would be the first manga I've read.

naruto-niichan
July 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
My first series was Dragon Ball :D that was around 1999/2000 when the manga hype in Germany started and began to grow. Everyone was reading it or at least watched the anime

Niirouge
October 12, 2010, 01:15 AM
My first was (Pretty Fighter) Sailor Moon :amuse

Why? Because my sister was a huge fan and as siblings, sometimes it just rubs off on you... Sigh...

Iceiphoenix
October 12, 2010, 01:37 AM
My first manga was actually Fruits Basket :amuse When I was a kid I watched all sorts of anime (without knowing it was actually anime :blink) and my uncle bought me Fruits Basket DVDs, but with Chinese dub and subs :notrust It became my favourite anime even though I only knew a little bit of what they were saying.

And then one day, in 2007, I saw Fruits Basket manga at a bookshop and I bought it because I wanted to know exactly what they were saying in the anime :tem (In the town that I lived in before, we didn't have any manga, and I didn't actually know about manga and anime until I moved to Melbourne (the state capital) in 2007 :XD)

So that's my story :thumbs

saladesu
October 12, 2010, 03:34 AM
My first was either Flame of Recca or Rurouni Kenshin back in 1998 or so. Used to pick up the Chinese volumes at a small bookstore near my house after getting sucked in by their animes on TV ^^ My Chinese was pretty terrible (I feel you, Iceiphoenix!) although it's technically my mother tongue, and I was like 7 then, so obviously my vocabulary was pretty shaky, but I was more than content to look at the pictures XD

Of course when I grew older I re-read all of them (either the Chinese volumes I had or scanlations) :)

M3J
October 16, 2010, 02:33 PM
My first manga was either Dragon Ball, Naruto, or Yu Yu Hakusho. I saw the anime version first and liked it, but I heard manga version was more canon and had less fillers and etc so I decided to try it out, and decided I liked it better. I was initially confused at first from the lack of Garlic Jr. Saga and Naruto not meeting Konohamaru and being late before his match with Neji but found out the meaning of fillers. I enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho and thought manga was way less censored and gave it a try. I forgot if it is or isn't, but liked that as well.

Roflkopt3r
October 16, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hmmm... thinking way back...
I think it was Ranma 1/2. My childhood was, just like that of many people of my age, closely accompanied by several animes becoming famous in Germany at that time - Pokémon, Dragon Ball and such.
However, this always was restricted on card games, Gameboy and TV. So the first time I got my hands on an actual manga was when I was in a hospital very frequently for a couple of days each (3 days per 2-4 weeks) for the treatment of an auto-immune disease.
The hospital had an own library which one day sold alot of stuff, including those Ranma 1/2 mangas for a really cheap price, I think 0,50€ per volume, so I bought those available (Around vol. #1-8 approximately) to have something to read. I think I was around 11-13 yrs old back then, couldn't put that on a precise timing.
That would be 2002-2004 then.

The one after that most likely was Naruto, which I started reading this year. Had quite some time after finishing German abitur (a levels) in may and didn't start working right away, so I thought "hm, Naruto is a famous name, wanna check out what's behind that". Only read the manga after I saw all anime episodes though, because I was curious what would happen next :D

Bromamura
June 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
My first manga was Saint Seiya/one volume of Doraemon(Think it was the manga of one of its movies, where a tiny alien who is being persecuted by his own people escaped to earth). I just happened to have them in my house for some reason. Now that I think about it my father bought tons of books for me before I even knew how to read, so I'd assume they were part of those purchases. Sadly no longer in my possession as i gave them to a friend prior to moving. Still hopeful of seeing them again eventually.:darn

saladesu
June 21, 2011, 01:44 AM
My first manga was Rurouni Kenshin, I think. That, or Slam Dunk or Flame of Recca, back when I was like, 8 or so. I was watching the anime for these series on TV and that was when my brother and I first got interested in them and my brother started buying the Chinese volumes from a small bookstore near our place. I still have them on the shelf next to me right now :p Not the complete sets, but they still bring back lots of fond memories!

murasakii23
June 22, 2011, 07:05 AM
My first manga was Naruto! In Japanese no less :)

This was when Naruto was the only anime I had ever know... (and when I found out there were anime books I went *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* XD) I was 12, I'm pretty sure :) <lolz kinda late, but I didn't realise manga actually existed until then D:>

phio_chan
June 24, 2011, 12:57 PM
The first two comic books I have, I can't remember the titles anymore. I bet they are not popular at all; the name of the author looks like an Indonesian, the names of the characters sound like in Indonesian, so those were not impressive at all. So I mentioned it as "comic", as I'm not sure if it's from Japan or not. XD

So I'd say my first manga was Cardcaptor Sakura. I was captured by the anime, and then with my friend I found it at a small manga/manhua library near my junior high school. I only read half of the series, I think (around six or seven books), but then after a while I found the continuation, finished it, fell in love with CLAMP and manga in general. :)

ZayCon
June 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
My first manga was Naruto, which I started reading in 2007. The reason for this was that I watched the Naruto anime (which also was my first on that field), and I wanted to know more about the plot (it was at the time the anime was only fillers). I actually think the reason that really made me start was the need of reading Kakashi's Gaiden (which I heard wouldn't be in the anime for a while).

The first manga I finished was Love Hina. Still one of my favorites, so I got a good start with manga.

BakaHaze
July 02, 2011, 01:36 AM
First manga I've ever actually started reading must have been Naruto. :crying

How sad. :XD
Should have given it to Full Metal Alchemist or something...
Although I can claim that my first anime was something good: NGE ^^

Cyber34
July 02, 2011, 08:06 PM
My first manga was Naruto back in 04 or 05. I use to be really interested in it till Naruto developed some kind of homosexual obsession with Sasuke after their little confrontation. It fell off my radar after that.

fullmoon
July 04, 2011, 12:31 PM
My first manga was Doraemon

I first read it when I was about four years old, so Doraemon would be the only one i can understand at that time.
I remember that I could only understand the pics when playing alone with the comic book, and I always asked my mum to read it for me whenever I saw her
:eyeroll

wb - you been gone forever~

ashher
July 16, 2011, 09:47 AM
Rurouni kenshin. Still love that manga.

jorped
July 17, 2011, 09:40 AM
My first manga was Naruto, though at the beginning i started with the anime, and only later discovered what an "anime" and "manga" really was.
Naruto after this almost 3 years that i started "watching", "reading" is still my favourite :amuse

rudorofu
January 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
Can never quite remember clearly what my first manga was...Pretty sure it was Bleach, but something else tells me it could have been Inuyasha since it was the first anime I watched. Although, I was introduced to the manga world by my older sister who was familiar with it.

Jammin
February 03, 2012, 10:25 PM
Naruto

I started watching anime in college and Naruto was a series I liked a great deal, didn't even know what manga was at the time, but when the series hit filler arcs I just couldn't understand how or why it got so bad so quickly. So I did some internet research, found out that it was based off of a form of japanese comic and started reading. I found the source material to be better than the anime so I stuck with it. And then started giving other series a try. Overtime that snowballed and now I read almost everything, or at least I try to.

ileannax
February 12, 2012, 03:39 PM
My first manga was Fushigi Yuugi (Vol1) back when i was in 4th grade and didn't really know the difference between 'comic' and 'manga'.
I didn't pick it out but my sister did and she told me it was because it was based on China (I'm Chinese) and she picked it out and borrow it from the library.

Gats
February 12, 2012, 04:34 PM
My first manga was Dragon Ball. <3
The whole collection until the beginning of Buu arc was on my big brother bookcase.

crimsonlink310
February 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
My first manga was Inuyasha. My first anime was DBZ.

Naomidee
February 15, 2012, 05:01 PM
My first manga was D.Gray-Man because I had seen some of the anime and discovered that most animes are just adaptations from their respective manga.

Still my favorite manga, still wait hopelessly each month (and often longer) for the new chapters. The woes of being caught up with your favorite manga.

matzik1212
February 21, 2012, 03:04 PM
My 1st manga was Naruto . Just like Naomidee said 1st i watched anime and then i found out the animes are adaptations from the mangas

Naruto was also the manga and anime that made me fall in love with Shounen genre :smile-big Thank god i discovered it otherwise i wouldn't be here today :)

jamesem92
April 13, 2012, 05:08 AM
My first was Battle Angel Alita when I was 18.
I'd read an article with James Cameron in a newspaper and it said he wanted to make a movie out of this manga after he'd made avatar 2 (it even called the technology "just practise" for BAA).

At the time I was just an anime nut, and had no idea where to even find a manga shop - google solved that and now I prefer it to anime by a long way!

Doraku
April 14, 2012, 09:48 PM
Either Doraemon or Astro Boy. Still love it until now :super
Simple yet touching story for 10 years old me back then.