PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Have you ever thought about rewarding your favorite manga artists?

cloneofsnake
May 28, 2009, 10:46 PM
I've loved my manga for over 20 years, I used to be only able to get them at my local Japanese market, so I'm really happy about the current state of affairs - free manga everywhere on the internet.

But on the other hand, I really want to reward all the people who create the manga that I like... I'm sure many of you feel the same... "What if the author dies?" "What if he stops making the manga?" I don't want to feel like I'm leeching their works and not rewarding them.

Do you feel the same way? Do you have any new ideas how we can "pay our respects" in this internet age?

-Ren Boy-
May 30, 2009, 10:15 AM
I will give Akira Toriyama a pat on the back :p

redcometfm
May 30, 2009, 10:19 AM
I buy their manga.

Chitsuki kage
May 30, 2009, 10:45 AM
buying their manga is a good way to support them.
thats what i do despite at times having budget.

like what the mangakas always say : buy their books to support them :D

Gcat88
June 04, 2009, 11:36 PM
anybody ever wrote a letter?

TitaniumChloride
June 05, 2009, 12:12 AM
I wish I could buy everything I've ever read scanlated and give my most favourite mangaka of all time a million US bucks, but that's a bit too farfetched atm. I have to settle for buying a few tankoubans whenever I can. :/

fxu
June 05, 2009, 01:20 AM
I buy my favorite manga, Psyren. I don't speak Japanese at all, but I buy it just to support the mangaka.

Crude
August 27, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'd love to support some of my favourite manga that are currently only available in Japan (Psyren and Sket Dance). Unfortunately my parents don't exactly let me order stuff from foreign markets (unless European).

Weapon_X
August 28, 2009, 09:00 AM
I've bought all the volumes up to date with Naruto and Bleach. I just buy the volumes, obviously the ones which are released in Viz. I'd give Masashi Kishimoto and Tite Kubo a pat on their backs. :) Maybe a trophy to Kishimoto :lmao

Akiyama
October 21, 2009, 10:48 PM
Buying the manga is what I how I say thanks for your hard work, but I'm not sure what percentage of my money goes to them. If people didn't but the volumes in Japan then manga wouldn't exist. So to Naoki Urasawa, Osamu Tezuka, and Karuho Shiina, thanks for your work, I'll treasure your work by keeping it safe on my shelf.

blai
October 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
Yes, every time I read a manga I think about that. Unfortunately there aren't any magazines in Sweden which I can buy, and even tho I would like to support by buying chapters/volumes I would never even think of buying through internet. I want my hard copy.

Donating is nothing I would fancy doing. If I'm rewarding with money, I'm buying ^^

Xadyu
October 22, 2009, 05:17 PM
I don't actually care about the creators, it's fine that they make the manga's, but I don't look further then the manga itself. As long as the creators outlive their manga's publishing life, it's okay with me.

As for supporting, like I said, I don't care about the creator, but I buy manga, so I guess that's a part of supporting them, although I buy them for me, not for them. :p

Enma Ai
October 24, 2009, 12:05 PM
1. Buy their manga.
2. Give them a hug.

Googlez_kun
October 26, 2009, 11:10 AM
i always buy their manga and complete them as well,i think that is good enough^^
i would also say a lot to them,how awesome they are and stuff:XD
i also would write a letter,but i don't know japanese:(

Mushashi
November 18, 2009, 03:56 AM
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/mushashi_2009/DSC_0645.jpg
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/mushashi_2009/manga-collection.jpg
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx18/mushashi_2009/DSC_0644.jpg
i buy all manga i read online if its not yet published i make a note of it and buy it when it is if every body leeched then we wouldnt have mangakas