PDA

View Full Version : Review Gold Knight's Ten Comments (Naruto 325)

Gold Knight
September 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5679/gk7ns8.png
That... was.... quick... guh!

Heya! Yeppers, that's right - a Naruto Comments out on RAW Day. Surprise, surprise...!

Didn't have to wait long this time, did ya? :kkbook

Well, yup, because of the lateness of the last two editions of Naruto Comments, I've decided to take a different approach this week. You may have noticed that HQ Raws came out for both Bleach and One Piece, yet Naruto STILL got a LQ Raw. Bugger. That didn't exactly make me optimistic at all. So I went ahead.

From now on, I'll be writing and posting my Naruto Comments with RAW-quality images to start with and getting it out as early as possible. But yes, I'll be replacing them later on in the weekend with MQ-HQ images, just for the sake of overall presentation. You can think of this as an "early edition" for now. If you do want, however, to wait to read until the images are finalized, you can come back later when you notice "RAW Edition" has been taken out of the thread title. Alright? :thumbs

Why am I doing this? Hey, I can count three reasons - one, I'll be able to get my Naruto comments out of the way when I'm really inspired to do them, plus it'll give me more time on the weekend to talk to Katy and my friends :p , two, any interested readers are able to throw in their thoughts much sooner (yay!), and finally, three, it's easier to let any scanlators wanting to clean these images for my Comments know almost what exactly I want. So if you want to do any cleans for my Comments this week, please send me a PM. ^^ In the meanwhile, I'll be using NarutoIpod's LQ scanlation.

Edit: Rigor mortis and Fnuckale are editing my Comments with better images throughout the day, btw XD Using Twoshirou's RAW. Thanks guys ^^
Edit2: Thanks to ibra78 for doing one of the panels.

That all being said, please enjoy and comment away when you have time. :)

* * * Gold Knight's Ten Comments on Naruto Chapter 325: There Is No After...! * * *

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/715/gk8go9.png
Gosh, hope he doesn't make me do the Macarena...

1. Scared Now? Judging by Kakuzu and Hidan's surprise, neither of them seemed to expect Shikamaru's Kagemane jutsu to be able to forcibly move its target. If that's the case, and it looks that way, I understand better now why Hidan thought he could be able to take on Asuma's team by himself. He only suspected that the Kagemane would freeze him, and he took it as a direct challenge to his strength of willpower. He didn't know that it would also threat his position on the pentagram.

Odd thing, though, because I had expected the Akatsuki to at least have some awareness of the Shadow Imitation Technique beforehand. Remember when Shikamaru was faced with several Sound trackers and these guys said that his "Kageshibari no Jutsu" was famous? (http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9681/naruto11901dm3.jpg) Well, if these guys said that, in that case, Hidan and Kakuzu both must have terribly been out of the loop. Hm.

Well, at the same time, I suppose Orochimaru may have known more about Konoha special abilities than most people, and he might have warned his men about that one.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5977/gk2pw9.png
"Minor" wounds... with that weapon?

2. The Scythe of Doom...! Well, Shikamaru starts his explanation by mentioning how odd Hidan's weapon seemed to him in that it had "three blades." Does anybody find that rather bizarre? Sure, I can understand how he'd deduce a reason to the scythe being made into such a long-range weapon (rather unusual), but I would have thought that he'd point out the tailing cord at its end that was attached to Hidan's arm, instead.

I mean, I'd be less surprised that Shikamaru mentioned the blades *if* there had been more than just three. How about some more little blades dotted all over the weapon except for the handle? Now that'd really open somebody's skin!

But I suppose I may just be picky here. Maybe Hidan was just confident and skilled enough that he could get somebody's blood with just these three blades (he did get Asuma's after all). And I'll agree that Hidan's scythe might be more designed to partake the blood of his opponents in order to activate his "voodoo jutsu" than to kill anybody, since it's such an awkward-looking weapon.

But at the same time I can see it finishing somebody's life, too. These blades ARE wicked-looking, and I still think Hidan would have killed Asuma a few chapters ago outright if he didn't have to avoid Shikamaru's jutsu. (Of course, I suppose Hidan wanted to play around with Asuma too, first, as well.)

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1230/gk3vv2.png
You mean he wasn't just messing up my face for fun?

3. Hidan's Secrets Revealed...! Can I just give myself a pat on the back here? Heh, if you figured it out yourself too, give yourself the same treatment by all means.

Well, my prediction last week did come true. Shikamaru had fully intended to move Hidan off the pentagram, after all. That was all there was to his plan, and I don't blame him for not even having to meditate in order to figure out a way out of the situation. Hey, with all the hints that Kishimoto gave us throughout the fight, most of us probably guessed at what would happen, and how many of us have an IQ as high as Shikamaru's, I wonder? ;)

Granted, we weren't exactly stressed about the possibility of losing our lives against the Akatsuki, either, and Hidan did do his jutsu in a hurry, so if Shikamaru had blinked during even one second of it, he might have missed something. So I'll give him credit for grasping the situation so quickly.

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/8640/03v2sh8py7.jpg
I wouldn't wait for Asuma's fire jutsu to hit me, either >.>

Yeah, so let's talk about Hidan's jutsu. Actually, not much to say. Basically step one was to get some blood and taste it. Step two was to walk onto the pentagram. Step three, after the transformation, was to dish out some serious pain.

Pretty much all there was to it. To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed that Hidan's "voodoo jutsu" didn't exactly have any more surprises. But Hidan is definitely a character where coordinated teamwork would be required for somebody to even have a hope of defeating him. One on one, Hidan's definitely scary.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/729/04v1csh4.png
Er, who's been doing the talking...? LoL!

4. Keepin' His Cool. I nearly doubled up with laughter when I read Shikamaru's comeback here. Hey, wasn't it *Shikamaru* who was the one who was doing all the talking for most of the first five pages? So for him to say "Shut up, you talk too much" to Hidan here - priceless...!!! Yeah, I know Hidan had just shouted profanities at the kid, but still funny all the same. Although it's true, though, Hidan does have a mouth on him.

Anyway, that wasn't the only reason I brought up this particular series of pages as a Comment. Take a look at the next image, please...!

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9542/gk11ho7.png
Temper, temper.

You can see that Hidan was obviously irate and pissed as hell, and I submit that his loss of composure here inevitably led to his immediate defeat. That was Shikamaru's trap right there - by causing Hidan to lose focus, he was then able to finally pull Hidan away from the pentagram with the will of his Kagemane.

So in this case, I think I can say Shikamaru's quality as a cool customer definitely paid off in spades. But then again, over the last two years and a half, he's probably had tons of training with his father in controlling his Kagemane. Still, very, very impressive that Shikamaru won THIS struggle.

Compare that to when he had such trouble with Tayuya. Shikamaru's definitely grown. Good going, kid.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1866/gk5ih6.png
Target Practice!

5. Playin' By the Ear. Okay, just goes to show you how bad-ass Asuma can be. Risking his own ear being split by throwing a shuriken at the Hidan's ear in order to test whether the jutsu's still working or not. Asuma won't ever be guilty of the proverb, "he who hesitates is lost," that's for sure...!

Good going for Asuma as well to realize that he needed to do that first before jumping to any conclusions. That would probably have cost him his own life if the jutsu hadn't in fact been cancelled.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9517/gk6pl2.png
Hook, line, and sinker...!

6. Netted...! Heh, Konohagakure probably isn't going to have any problems with their food supplies as long as Shikamaru's around. Just image hunting down a boar, and then just sitting idly on the ground while you let your shadows do the dirty work of tying it down! Suits Shikamaru well, he doesn't like to do much but stare at the clouds, after all.

Anyhow, that's a new aspect of Kage Nui we hadn't seen until now. Technically, I suppose it could count as a new Shikamaru move, and one I definitely can see video game designers also incorporating into his repertoire of combat techniques. Woo.

I'm also going to take a guess here and say that was what Shikamaru was attempting to try to do two chapters ago while Hidan was jumping around, because rendering him immobile would have allowed Asuma an opportunity to do a finishing move on him. Unlike Kagemane, though, notice that it seemingly can't just "freeze" the opponent by touching his/her shadow, but actually has to pierce the skin in order to pin him/her down. But with so many "shadow tendrils," that's apparently no problem.

I can seeing Kage Nui as a very lethal move as well. Imagine a shadow needle through the heart, or the brain, and pfft. Deader than a doornail Of course, didn't hurt Hidan much here, but then again, he IS a tad special...!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4922/gk12gv7.png
Sorry, Kakuzu's still counting his money...

7. Change of Heart. So much for Hidan's haughty overconfidence, eh? It's still pretty damn refreshing to see a villain in the Naruto series that finally admitted he needed help from somebody else. We've only seen it once before, but I think Tobi was being more lazy than actually needing Deidei's help with the Sanbi. (Although it's odd, that the Akatsuki, being such a tough group of evil geniuses, would still depend on each other so much.)

But as for the rest, for example, Orochimaru, who would rather choke on cake than to say he needed anybody's help, Itachi, who only teams up with people when it suits his interests, Kabuto, supremely confident in himself, as are Kisame and Sasori... well, we haven't had that many villains yet I suppose.

Heh, however, I'm not so surprised that Hidan was so quick to change his tune and yell for help when he saw Asuma coming at him with these dead-serious eyes.

So, Asuma turned out to be more of the grim reaper here, eh?

:asuma

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/2784/asumavp6.png
PWNED!

8. Whoa, Heads ARE Rolling...! One of our moderators, Ayah, had a message on MSN this week that said "heads will roll if the chapter isn't interesting tomorrow." Coincedence? Maybe Kishimoto was thinking along the same lines... :fan

Well, this chapter certainly wasn't dull, at least. This particular scene - well, when was the last time we've had a "shocker" like this before? Much less decapitation in the series! Whee! Sure, there was that moment where Kakashi accidentally blew a hole in Haku's chest, but that was such a long time ago. We did need this, I think. Just some blood, ya know? (Although we still haven't had a death in a while...)

Still, I'd just have to say I loved this double spread. Just look at Hidan's facial expression there! "DOH! He actually did it!" Perfectly drawn!

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/1081/gk10lw1.png
Excuses, excuses...!

9. Die Hard...! Heh, funny how many different ways Hidan will curse people. But I guess that makes sense, all things considering... :eyeroll

Alright, I'll have to give Hidan some credit here. Most immortals usually die, at least, when they're decapitated. In Blade of the Immortal, that would have been the case with Manji. I could name other examples, but Hidan obviously defied all that here.

So what the heck is up with Hidan's immortality? It seems to go beyond chakra manipulation, at least to me. Has he discovered the secret that Orochimaru and Sasori had been aspiring for all this time, and achieved everlasting life? No, I doubt it. I can't help but think, though, of the example of a lich. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lich)

Liches are undead creatures, however, and Hidan's obviously alive. But still, he may have stored his soul, or life essence, in some sort of faraway container that would keep his body alive. Or perhaps it wouldn't be faraway at all. I highly suspect his pendant... if it breaks, then would Hidan be mortal again?

Not too unlike Sasori, though, if that's the case.

Well, at least we know now why Hidan was so quick to stab his leg when Asuma was charging at him. Maybe he's immortal and all, and yeah, it would've killed Asuma too, but Hidan didn't want his head to be separated from his body. That would pretty much have neutralized him right there, as we saw here.

Also, another thing. Readers were confused last week as to why exactly Hidan didn't just use his three-bladed scythe instead of another weapon. Well, I think we found out this week about that, too. That scythe of his, despite being an instrument of torture, actually doesn't look like it'd do a good job of striking a vital spot... and heck, Hidan would have risked decapitating himself in the process!

Sidenote: Pretty amusing that Hidan still hadn't lost his bark even when his head's on the ground, heh...

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2433/gk1vq2.png
Anybody up for a game of basketball...?

10. Enter: Kakuzu...! When I saw the spoiler pictures yesterday, initially I thought Kakuzu was going to betray Hidan and leave him. Wouldn't have blamed him, either, for all the grief Hidan's given him, but that would have been somewhat of a downer. Hey, I'm not a music fan whatsoever (being deaf), but when the Beatles broke up, I know a lot of people were disappointed. Same thing would have happened, I think, for all the Naruto readers if these two went their separate ways.

But nope! Kakuzu did indeed come to Hidan's assistance. That both surprised me and made me happy at the same time.

And in some ways, that made me like this duo even more...! Even despite all the problems they've had with each other, they're still a team. Yeah, they're a dysfunctional team, but they're willing to work with each other. And damn, is their dialogue entertaining.

I actually hope that they'll both survive this battle, although I wish the same for Asuma as well. Either way, it's been a pretty darn fun storyline so far.

Sidenote: Hidan wanted his body back, meaning he likely can heal if his head's put on top again. So Hidan's not done yet, kids. I don't blame him though for being distressed that Kakuzu was picking up his head rather than his body...! That's gotta make him dizzy and nauseous (though he's not going to have to worry about tossing his cookies just yet, I guess!)

My Crackhead Theory: Since we're promised that Kakuzu will get serious by the preview (of course, take that with a grain of salt...), I'm guessing we'll see him in action shortly. So what does Kakuzu's powers entail? He's seemed more like a male Tsunade, as I said before in a review, but I think he'll be much more than that. I'm going to make an out-of-blue guess here, but I think Kakuzu will be able to turn any part of his body into an explosive based attack. Yeah, a bit like Deidara, but still different.

RATING: 4 out of 5 stars. I wish that the first part of the chapter wasn't so much about how Shikamaru had figured out Hidan's jutsu as just putting his strategy in effect. But I suppose it would have been boring if Shikamaru had just been struggling in silence all these pages to pull Hidan off the pentagram, so I'll let that pass - but for that, this chapter didn't get a 5-star ranking. However, the latter part of the story was golden. I loved the decapitation (odd as that sounds), and Hidan's frustration. This chapter was actually very comedic in some parts, despite the seriousness of the battle. And the cliffhanger definitely means this battle's not over by any means.

Predictions: Asuma's team isn't going to give up now, so Kakuzu is going to have to go into action now. At the same time, Shikamaru will have to figure out how to cancel Hidan's jutsu, because if he gets back to the pentagram - Asuma's still not out of the woods yet. I actually expect some sort of glimpse at how Sakura and Sai are doing, though. It's been a while.

Credits: Thanks to NarutoIpod.com for their LQ scanlation and Hisshouburakein, Yoshitsune, and Brucelee for their quick translations. Hisshou's dialogue was extremely funny (especially in Hidan's case) this week. Edit: Now I gotta thank Fnuckale, rigor mortis for their cleans of the images and Twoshirou for his cleaned RAW ^^ Edit2: Thanks to ibra78 for doing one of the panels.

Hope you enjoyed, and looking forward to seeing what you think!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4867/gk4rr1.png
Cripes! This is sooooo mortifying...!
Please comment <3

destinator
September 28, 2006, 05:33 PM
Good decision! Its the best way to do it :)

Kratos
September 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
woahh thnks Gold Knight for this awesome "Ten Comments"

kiddo7
September 28, 2006, 06:16 PM
well well well, aren't we full of surprises?
10 comments on raw day, I like it!!!
alright, let's do this then

1.) You raise a good question here, as usual, how in the world do these guys explain not knowing more about the kage mane/ shibari and it's variants. not only did the sound five claim that it is famous, but also orochimaru and itachi both should have decent knowledge of it and both of them are/were members of akatsuki. I really see no excuse for these two not to be informed about shadow jutsus.

2./3.) I cannot say for myself that I was impressed with shikamaru's deductive skills this time around. I mean I always thought shikamaru was far more inteligent than you and me. Yet our first guess (and by you, me and our I mean the people on this forum collectively) regarding Hidans jutsu was dead on. I expected that to be something that is as obvious to shikamaru as a dinosaur trying to hide in a recently mowed front lawn. I thought that his strategy would involve some other aspect that we have missed entirely and I would have found it more fitting if he would have thought up a way to get ridd of both enemies at the same time. Oh well, maybe I have put Shikamaru on too high a pedestall.

4.) is it just me or can it be that the phrase: "you talk too much" might carry a slightly different meaning in quolloquial Japanese than it's transliterated counterpart? I also found it interesting that shikamaru was essentially moving hidan without moving himself. Remember the fight with the cute sound chick during the chuunin exams? shikamaru and the person under his jutsu looked like mirror images of each other. This time, however, we do not see any indication of shikamaru having to imitate hidans poses while he is controlling him with the kagemane. I just thought that was interesting to note. Also I fail to understand how the shadow tendrils tying hidan down is any different from shikamarus most basic technic where he siomply connects his shadow with his victim's own. you can't even make the argument thatit uses less chakra, so I don't get how this new skill is in anyway usefull.

5.)nothing to say here, it has all been said.

6.)yeah I kinda talked about this one before already, I just wonder whi shikamaru did not dispose of hidan himself after he saw that the test checked out. we have seen that the kage nui can do damage, shikamaru could have lopped of his head and cut the rest of his body to spagheti, while the others got ready to take on Kakuzu.

7./8.)this one actually surprised me quite a bit. if hidan was not going to die from loosing his head, why then was he so scared? For me this is the biggest question in this chapter. Hidan was mortified, he was desperate to the point where he was pleading with kakuzu to "save him" in his own words. why? I mean even after his head fell of he seemed little more than annoyed. but when Asuma was charging at him, I would be willing to bet that he nearly got a few skid marks on his underwear. the guy was freaking out. the only other person I remember showing fear in a similar manner was naruto on their first mission to the hidden myst.

9.) Yeah, actually that is what I am begining to beleive. Hidan found the secret of imortality, next thing you know he and orochimaru will be best friends then oro will make hidans religion the official and mandatory religion in the hidden vilage of sound and it's many out posts, they wiil all learn voodoo jutsu from hidan their high priest and then they will conquer the world, starking with konoha. of course sometime in ther they will get the chance to killl itachi and then sauke will not be emo anymore. the end.
But once again hidan is not making sense to me he is tellinng Kakuzu to bring him his body when it is clearly in team asumas possesion right now. what does he think:

Kakuzu: excuse me fellas, I know that me are mortal enemies and all and I have not forgotten about the money on the fat guys head either, but could we call a time out untill I retreive my partners body from your hands. You know the one you worked so hard to separate from his head.

Team Asuma: sure whaterver you whant just goi ahead and do your thing we will have shikamaru let go of the body right away and asuma will step away sothat you do not feel cramped when coming to pick up the body. by the way what do you plan to do with it?

Kakuzu: I guess the freak wants to pull himself together, get it pull himself together *laughs at his own stupid joke*

Team Asuma: yeah you are weird but we have learned to accept people like you so don't be bothered by us. and since you asked so nicely would you like us to give you our leader together with the body?

10.)I really liked kakuzu in this chapter though. he was definately chillin! Hidan crys for help, kakuzu takes his time, hidan get all excited about losing his head, Kakuzu balmes him for trying to do everything on his own. hidan, bitches at kakuzu to get him his body, wich I still think goes against logic (see my previous post), kakuzu does the contrapositive and grabs hidans head. I wonder what he will do in the next chapter? start bashing team asuma with his moneybag and hidans head? I can see it right now, that ought to give rise to some interesting dialog. crackhead predictions aside, I would fell safe to say that kakuzu is at least as cool as kakashi, at least in his behaviour, in this chapter.

P.S. I hope my post is not too long this time again. and I did not mind at all that you did not answer all of my ravings the last time around, I am, in fact, deeply honored that you took the time to even read most of it. it did end up a lot longer than I ever anticipated. and it was definately not well organized or very coherent.

GK for President!!!

midnight789
September 28, 2006, 07:17 PM
I think what Hidan meant by bring him his body was that he wanted Kakuzu to take it by force, and not drag his head all the way through high heaven. I, myself, would personally rather my head be left alone and my body brought to me. As for why he was totally freaking out when they were about to cut off his head your guess is as good as mine, and my guess is that he can only die so many times (cue homunculus from FMA) before he dies for good. Also it could be extremely painful, and (I would immagine) that getting your head cut off puts you in a rather vulnerable position.

side note: thx for the early 10 commandments! I think this is deffinitely the way to do it.

yeste
September 28, 2006, 08:19 PM
From now on, I'll be writing and posting my Naruto Comments with RAW-quality images to start with and getting it out as early as possible. But yes, I'll be replacing them later on in the weekend with MQ-HQ images, just for the sake of overall presentation. You can think of this as an "early edition" for now. If you do want, however, to wait to read until the images are finalized, you can come back later when you notice "RAW Edition" has been taken out of the thread title. Alright?

Oh, is that how it’s going to be from now on ah Mr.GK-san!?!! Yes!!! I cannot tell you how much I support you in this!!! :) I can only imagine now people will react to this!!! Great decision GK!!! I don’t know will it be easier for you to write your comments this soon after the chapter is out, but I can tell you that it will be a lot more fun commenting on them while still experiencing the rush from the new chapter!!! :p

1. Scared Now? Judging by Kakuzu and Hidan's surprise, neither of them seemed to expect Shikamaru's Kagemane jutsu to be able to forcibly move its target. If that's the case, and it looks that way, I understand better now why Hidan thought he could be able to take on Asuma's team by himself. He only suspected that the Kagemane would freeze him, and he took it as a direct challenge to his strength of willpower. He didn't know that it would also threat his position on the pentagram.

They did look overconfident in their own jutsus, and didn’t think that a non flashing jutsu like Shikas little shadow manipulation could do anything to these big boys… That’s what I love about this!!! It really doesn’t matter how strong is your jutsu, what it matters is when are you going to use it and how… And Shika uses his jutsu like on other!!! I don’t think that some monster jutsus wouldn’t suit him at all ( although his jutsus are pretty strong!!!)
And seems that you’re right about other thing. Oro knows konoha probably way better than itachi… Heck, he probably knows Konoha better than anything!!! I still think that the biggest parts of his jutsu repertoire are Konoha jutsus…

But I suppose I may just be picky here. Maybe Hidan was just confident and skilled enough that he could get somebody's blood with just these three blades (he did get Asuma's after all). And I'll agree that Hidan's scythe might be more designed to partake the blood of his opponents in order to activate his "voodoo jutsu" than to kill anybody, since it's such an awkward-looking weapon.
I don’t think you’re picky, I too was kind of confused by this… This could have been deducted way better, I think…

Granted, we weren't exactly stressed about the possibility of losing our lives against the Akatsuki, either, and Hidan did do his jutsu in a hurry, so if Shikamaru had blinked during even one second of it, he might have missed something. So I'll give him credit for grasping the situation so quickly.
Again, I must say that I’m not disappointed by this at all… I expected this of Shika, and I kind of like Hidan’s jutsu, now that it’s revieled!!! It makes a lot of sense…

You can see that Hidan was obviously irate and pissed as hell, and I submit that his loss of composure here inevitably led to his immediate defeat. That was Shikamaru's trap right there - by causing Hidan to lose focus, he was then able to finally pull Hidan away from the pentagram with the will of his Kagemane.
That’s probably the biggest flaw of the overconfident loudmouths… Not enough concentration in decisive moment!!!
This was a surprise for me… I’m kind of caught of guard here, since I didn’t see this particular detail while I was reading the chapter… Or to say it better, I didn’t notice this… But it makes sense, and it was very nice of you to bring this up GK!!!
This makes Shikamaru even more greater!!! To be able to plan something up to this level of detail… I’m really in awe about this!!!

5. Playin' By the Ear. Okay, just goes to show you how bad-ass Asuma can be. Risking his own ear being split by throwing a shuriken at the Hidan's ear in order to test whether the jutsu's still working or not. Asuma won't ever be guilty of the proverb, "he who hesitates is lost," that's for sure...!
I can imagine Kakashi being this careful, but what do you think Naruto would do in a situation like this??? :)
But seriously, this was nice touch from Asuma!!! Just to check if he had won or not… Looks like he has… And Hidan knows it!!!

I can seeing Kage Nui as a very lethal move as well. Imagine a shadow needle through the heart, or the brain, and pfft. Deader than a doornail Of course, didn't hurt Hidan much here, but then again, he IS a tad special...!
Actually I knew that this “new” ( I didn’t know what’s it called back then, thought it was variation on Kage-mane…) jutsu can do this… Remember how he destroyed Sai’s lion’s with that one… But I didn’t know that it was that strong that it can pierce trough a human body!!! :) This gaves the whole new perspective to Shika!!! And I love it!!!

Heh, however, I'm not so surprised that Hidan was so quick to change his tune and yell for help when he saw Asuma coming at him with these dead-serious eyes.

So, Asuma turned out to be more of the grim reaper here, eh?

This moment felt great!!! And it would felt the same, has this happened now, then chaps from now, or whenever… Shut him up Asuma sensei, once for all!!!!

But…

8. Whoa, Heads ARE Rolling...! One of our moderators, Ayah, had a message on MSN this week that said "heads will roll if the chapter isn't interesting tomorrow." Coincedence? Maybe Kishimoto was thinking along the same lines...

Well, this chapter certainly wasn't dull, at least. This particular scene - well, when was the last time we've had a "shocker" like this before? Much less decapitation in the series! Whee! Sure, there was that moment where Kakashi accidentally blew a hole in Haku's chest, but that was such a long time ago. We did need this, I think. Just some blood, ya know? (Although we still haven't had a death in a while...)

Still, I'd just have to say I loved this double spread. Just look at Hidan's facial expression there! "DOH! He actually did it!" Perfectly drawn!
I just had to comment on this whole thing, cause I’m still laughing about your very inspiring description of Haku’s sacrifise… :) Ha,ha,ha!!!
It was a shocker, but not that big one ( cause I already seen it in the spoilers… damn it!!! But I love those spoilers, so what can you do… :) )

Also, another thing. Readers were confused last week as to why exactly Hidan didn't just use his three-bladed scythe instead of another weapon. Well, I think we found out this week about that, too. That scythe of his, despite being an instrument of torture, actually doesn't look like it'd do a good job of striking a vital spot... and heck, Hidan would have risked decapitating himself in the process!
I was also confused by this, but quickly developed a theory and than later on proved it wrong myself! :p But that wont stop me from telling it to you…
I considered Hidans transformation into the woodoo man when this jutsu began… Now, my theory is that he really is immortal while he’s the woodoo man! We’ve seen him reversing this effect after his fights are over… We’ve seen that two times now… His body color going form black to white, while he was finishing his ceremony… So my theory is that while he’s in a woodoo state( using that jutsu ) his “real” body cant take any damage, or whatever damage it takes will be gone or transferred to the victim. Once the jutsu is lifted, the body returns to previous form and all the injuries are gone…

… But then I remembered the simple fact that they’ve stucked two very big blades in his body while in normal state, and his comments were that it itches him…

So, any thoughts???

Sidenote: Hidan wanted his body back, meaning he likely can heal if his head's put on top again. So Hidan's not done yet, kids. I don't blame him though for being distressed that Kakuzu was picking up his head rather than his body...! That's gotta make him dizzy and nauseous (though he's not going to have to worry about tossing his cookies just yet, I guess!)
Yeap, this probably means that!!! He’ll be back for some more!!! And he’ll be even a bigger pain next time around… I’m just wondering are they just gonna let them get away that easy??? I know that they are tired, but they have back up, right???

Go after them Shinobi’s of Konoha!!! Damn it, that Tsunade’s too moderate!!!

Hope you enjoyed, and looking forward to seeing what you think!

Heh, GK thanks for this unexpected present!!! I surely was very pleased with this!!! Thank you for doing it… :) Great work!!!

On the other hand, events here at MH are keeping me from catching up with One Piece… There’s just too much stuff going on here… Damn it people, I have like a 150 chapters to read, so I can catch up to current events!!! :p I wanna be a pirate!!!

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4488/luffymaduy9.png

LadyHatake
September 28, 2006, 09:34 PM
Why am I doing this? Hey, I can count three reasons - one, I'll be able to get my Naruto comments out of the way when I'm really inspired to do them, plus it'll give me more time on the weekend to talk to Katy and my friends :p
:love :glomp

Odd thing, though, because I had expected the Akatsuki to at least have some awareness of the Shadow Imitation Technique beforehand. Remember when Shikamaru was faced with several Sound trackers and these guys said that his "Kageshibari no Jutsu" was famous? (http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9681/naruto11901dm3.jpg) Well, if these guys said that, in that case, Hidan and Kakuzu both must have terribly been out of the loop. Hm.

I thought about that too. Akatsuki seems to be very informed as far as that kind of thing, so how did they not expect something like that? Maybe Hidan was busy with his ceremony when Leader gave out that information XD

I was glad that Shikamaru caught on. If none of them had figured it out, then they'd be in some serious trouble :s I wonder where else his fast thinking is going to come in handy soon?

Although it's true, though, Hidan does have a mouth on him.

That boy swears worse than a sailor XD Such a dirty mouth, maybe while Kakauzu has his head, he'll wash Hidan's mouth out with soap.

Just image hunting down a boar, and then just sitting idly on the ground while you let your shadows do the dirty work of tying it down! Suits Shikamaru well, he doesn't like to do much but stare at the clouds, after all.

Lazy no Jutsu? :oh

holy crap, that two page spread was AMAZING XDDD Opened it up and was like....WOO! :woo Thought it was beautiful~~~ Definently wasn't expectining decapitation, but hey :nuts if it works, then yay!

Wonderfully said, as usual <3 I give your review 10 out of 5 stars XD :glomp

white silver
September 29, 2006, 02:53 AM
[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]First off, the problem was Shikimaru's genius was way too predictable. It wasn't like the time where he fought Temari and Tayuya (now that was an out-of-the-boxy thinking) and to have such a "wow" factor by his teammates and Kakuzu is just plain disappointing. I was really hoping there was more to the pentagram and Shikimaru. Just as you said:

[b]3. Hidan's Secrets Revealed...! Can I just give myself a pat on the back here? Heh, if you figured it out yourself too, give yourself the same treatment by all means.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]
*note "speculation alert": Notice the REALLY big silouette in within the Akatsuki. I guess that may be the secret to Kakuzu's power, his true form is that of a Giant, like Tsunade, he probably did a jutsu that hid his real appearance, such as that of Sasori*

The Fourth
September 29, 2006, 04:29 AM
Odd thing, though, because I had expected the Akatsuki to at least have some awareness of the Shadow Imitation Technique beforehand.

maybe its because both of them are (well, Im not completely sure about hidan ) from minor villages

2. I think that almost every item on him (maybe except his forehead protector) is a part of his technique(s)
the scythe, the thing he stabs himself with, the medal

Shikamarus dediction was not a big deal
the hard part comes next week when he needs to figure out the immortality

hmm, next week:
they need to keep that headless foulmouth from the circle, while dealing with Kakuzu (maybe) tough job, so I think some reinforments will arrive
that reminds me I was right that they called reinforments before attacking :amuse
and that it was the only thing I was able to predict :notrust

btw nice comments GK :)
and Im glad you decided to do them early
it was a pain wating for them last time :)

bax
September 29, 2006, 07:32 AM
First I thought this was a scam by you GK, posting comments on the RAW day... No offense though. Sure is a surprise. :amuse

You may have noticed that HQ Raws came out for both Bleach and One Piece, yet Naruto STILL got a LQ Raw

Yeah. That's weird considering Naruto has a far larger fan than Bleach and One Piece.

3. Hidan's Secrets Revealed...!

I guess an Aktasuki member just got owned by a lazy-ass Shinobi... That's something for a change.

8. Whoa, Heads ARE Rolling...! One of our moderators, Ayah, had a message on MSN this week that said "heads will roll if the chapter isn't interesting tomorrow." Coincedence? Maybe Kishimoto was thinking along the same lines... fan

Luckily Japan is quite open in its manga and anime. No censory of course.

Ok, so another good review but I prefer yours last week. Hidan just got his ass kicked really hard this time. And that last scene really resembles Freddy vs Jason. Whatever. I hope Kishi draws something more interesting next week though. I hope another fight with Kakuzu. If not the reinforcement will come for nothing.

And while you're at it, why not make this RAW day comments permanent? You can replace the pictures anytime when a higher quality ones come out. Anyway, great work. Looking forward for other comments. :thumbs

ibra87
September 29, 2006, 09:17 AM
Really enjoyed your comments. Good to see them being posted this fast :D
There isn't much to comment on though. After all, this chapter was mostly action.

Luckas
September 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
Great comments Gold Knight, I prefer early comments, even if with raw quality image, but the decision is up to you. Nevertheless I'll wait for your comments, they add a lot to reading Naruto.

1) Or maybe Kishimoto forgot that a character said kagemane is famous.

3) Me too, I'm a little disappointed that the there isn't another twist regarding the jutsu, but Kishimoto redeemed himsel at the end.

4) Good points.

5), 6), 7) You said everything. Expect the Asuma wind blade, I was shocked when I saw how much it was long. ( :eyeroll sorry, no pun intended; blame my english for lack of better words) The capacity to extend so much the wind chakra open up a lot of possibilities for Naruto, especially considering his fighting style. I hope Kishimoto let Naruto to use a wind chakra powered weapon other than his new jutsu, he is developping with the aid of Kakashi and Yamato.

8) I can say you really loved this scene, a secret love for gore :eyeroll

9) I like your idea/theory, it's very imaginative. But I think the pendant went flying when Asuma decapitated Hidan in the double spread.

10) I was sure Kakuzu wouldn't have helped Hidan, because he apparentely didn't try to stop Asuma, so I thought Kakuzu believed his partner too weak and for this reason not worthy to be helped. So I was sure Kakuzu would ignore Hidan or even kill him. Now I'm curious to know how Hidan will reconnect his head and his body.
Until now I wasn't a big fan of the banter of these two, but in this chaper their dialogue was truly hilarious.

Martes13
September 29, 2006, 05:26 PM
If the battle with Kazuku is too long... we will see who are the reinforcements :D

sao
September 29, 2006, 10:13 PM
lol after watching some yu yu hakusho last night i came up with a theory for hidan's immortality. It's just like the elder toguro's move, where he could probably move his organ around the body freely. So once the voodoo jutus begins, he could move his extremely important organs around to somewhere really important, like he could move his heart to his arms so if he got pierced in the heart he won't die but the person under the voodoo jutsu might :P

It sounds far fetched but it does look similar to the move in YYH.

kiddo7
September 29, 2006, 10:43 PM
but then how do you explain the survival of the decapitation?

sao
September 29, 2006, 10:48 PM
well he most likely moved his brain to somewhere else in the body and at the same time, its like a form of manipulating the whole body to form whatever he wants with it, the leg could have been the head and the head could have been the leg instead. Making him hard to kill due to the fact that no one knows where his real heart or brain actually is.

I know the theory sounds absurb :P but its just something i thought of while watching YYH

white silver
September 29, 2006, 10:56 PM
well he most likely moved his brain to somewhere else in the body and at the same time, its like a form of manipulating the whole body to form whatever he wants with it, the leg could have been the head and the head could have been the leg instead. Making him hard to kill due to the fact that no one knows where his real heart or brain actually is.

I know the theory sounds absurb :P but its just something i thought of while watching YYH

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]That wouldn't be very original. I also had the same idea as you, but um... I really think it has something to do with the Jashin Religion or so. You know (sacrficial altars, killing babies, naked rituals, etc..) Bestow the devilish powers from hell. I don't think it comes without a catch, you'll see.

Adam_xx
September 30, 2006, 08:16 AM
Excellent comments once more.

glasskatana
September 30, 2006, 11:58 AM
First. I think it's a great idea to put them out on RAW day. Good thinking. :noworry

Now, for my own comments. I'm more convinced than ever that you're right about Hidan's soul being somewhere else. Most likely on his necklace. You clearly see it fly off in the double-spread.

Also, I was rather dissapointed by how simple it was to get rid of Hidan's jutsu. I mean, that was the first thing that popped into my head and usually, when it comes to predictions, the first thing that pops into my head is wrong. And if someone destroyed the circle around him, insted of moving him out, I'm pretty sure the same effect would have occured.

Now, for shikamaru's jutsu. I found it rather strange that he was struggling. I know, that people who are trapped in the shadow neck cantry can fight it off if shikamaru isn't close enough and if they have a vast chakra, but wasn't shikamaru just doing a regular kage mane? Also, why didn't Hidan's upper body and hands get trapped in the justs too. He should be fully imitating shikamaru. It seems Shikamaru has changed the effects of the justsu.

Now, we're gonna see Kakuzu fight. He must be pretty confident to fight them with no hands. One hand is carrying the money and the other, Hidan's head.

And finally, (at least for now), I want to see Naruto. :crying
I've missed him. I want to see him master the jutsu. I want to see him learn/create other wind jutsu. (as I really REALLY hope he will.) One super jutsu is not good. You should have an arsenal of jutsu, unless you are a genjutsu or taijutsu specialist which Naruto is not. Especially, if you want to fight
1.)The Akatsuki
2.)Orochimaru
3.)Sasuke

That's all. :amuse

bax
September 30, 2006, 12:31 PM
Now, for shikamaru's jutsu. I found it rather strange that he was struggling. I know, that people who are trapped in the shadow neck cantry can fight it off if shikamaru isn't close enough and if they have a vast chakra, but wasn't shikamaru just doing a regular kage mane? Also, why didn't Hidan's upper body and hands get trapped in the justs too. He should be fully imitating shikamaru. It seems Shikamaru has changed the effects of the justsu.

I think it's Kage Nui not Kagemane. The first time Kage Nui was shown to us, Shikamaru used it to kill off Sai's drawings. But, here, instead of using it to pierce Hidan, he use it to bind Hidan. Pretty flexible jutsu there.

glasskatana
September 30, 2006, 12:40 PM
I think it's Kage Nui not Kagemane. The first time Kage Nui was shown to us, Shikamaru used it to kill off Sai's drawings. But, here, instead of using it to pierce Hidan, he use it to bind Hidan. Pretty flexible jutsu there.

No, I was talking about kagemane. He binded Hidan with the kagemane so that Hidan would imitate his movements. Kagenui is what he holds Hidan downn with after hidan is out of the circle.

ChuckinUpDueces
September 30, 2006, 01:49 PM
First off, great job getting the comments how the first day GK. Gotta say I was most impressed.

1. I agree that Hidan did get way too cocky. Any move that paralyzes your movement should give you cause for concern when your main jutsu relies on you doing damage to yourself to beat your opponent. Very sloppy of him indeed, especially since he obiviously knew nothing of the quality of Shinobi from the Leaf.

2. I think Shika must have noticed that having 3 Blades on a scythe that big must mean something. A scythe is already a cumbersome weapon to use, but with 2 extra blades, it becomes a huge disadvantage making it easy to dodge direct attacks because of the added weight. Why would you purposefully do that? Shinobi don't do things to look cool, they do it to be deadly.

3. For sure, one on one, this jutsu is pretty devestating if he manages to get it off. It makes more sense now recalling what he looked like after the fight with Nibi. Spread out with a stake through his chest. I wonder if he has to take the blood of the scythe, or if he could lick some from off the ground?

4. LOL! Funny indeed! Maybe if Hidan hadn't given away all his secrets during the fight Shika might not have figured this all out. Guess he wasn't vague enough.

6. I bet Shikamaru's family uses this technique to capture animals, hold them down while they get stuff like antlers of deer instead of killing them. This is just a deadlier application.

8. Haven't seen something like this in awhile. A wicked cool Katon, A Blade of Wind Chakra, and now he cuts heads off? DAyum Asuma! You da MAN.

9. Not too sure what to make of Hidan now. Don't know if he's immortal or invulnerable, since both distinctions carry different conotations with them. I'm starting to believe he might possibly be possessed by something. Maybe along the lines of Vampires? With the whole tasting blood and his Dracula like appearence, it's possible, but not likely. Hell, he might just be one big voodoo doll. Obiviously the only way to gain immortality among the Atkatsuki, (orochimaru included) seems to be transfer your soul into something, so maybe Hidan has done that here. He's still yelling with no espogus, and no lungs. His body can't be real, Can it?

10. Kakuzu looks like he has attachments himself. his arm in the last panel looks like it might possibly have been attached. Maybe he's a mechanical monster of some sort, and the money he's always craving pays for repairs and upgrades! haha.

Another great 10 comments GK, they always get me thinking about this that and the other. Keep up the great work with all the series, hell, i've started to read them thanks to you explaining what's going!

Gold Knight
September 30, 2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks all for commenting so far, guys!

I'll most certainly keep on posting on RAW Days from now on, since nobody seemed to mind the images initally being LQ. I'll come back and make my replies later on in the week, by the way. Right now I have kind of a busy weekend ahead of me, so... ^^

berol
October 01, 2006, 08:51 AM
Liches are undead creatures, however, and Hidan's obviously alive. But still, he may have stored his soul, or life essence, in some sort of faraway container that would keep his body alive. Or perhaps it wouldn't be faraway at all. I highly suspect his pendant... if it breaks, then would Hidan be mortal again?

This particular comment of yours reminds me with Voldemort and his Horcruxes? :amuse :smile-big but maybe ur right...

JoJoJO
October 01, 2006, 09:35 AM
I think that pendant around his neck is key to his downfall. Destroy that pendant and the vodoo doll man will die.

midnight789
October 01, 2006, 12:55 PM
Hmmm, I like the pendant idea, but it just feels kinda fishy too me. >.> Dunno why.
Also after reading the chapter again I agree that Asuma is still cursed, cuz Hidan's body is still all skeleton-like. If Hidan get's back on that circle, Asuma is screwed. Also the spoiler at the end of the chapter(which doesn't necessarily mean anything at all) leads me to believe that Hidan and Kakuzu haven't even been totally serious, but they will next chapter.

I for one don't want to see Naruto, this fight is just way too good. I'm also still mad at Naruto for his ultimate jutsu being a windy rasengan :notrust I probably won't forgive him untill I see the new jutsu in action.

EDIT: I think I figured out what felt fishy about the soul-in-pendant theory: If it was that simple, why hasn't Orochimaru done it? Just my two cents.

glasskatana
October 01, 2006, 01:06 PM
Hmmm, I like the pendant idea, but it just feels kinda fishy too me. >.> Dunno why.
Also after reading the chapter again I agree that Asuma is still cursed, cuz Hidan's body is still all skeleton-like. If Hidan get's back on that circle, Asuma is screwed. Also the spoiler at the end of the chapter(which doesn't necessarily mean anything at all) leads me to believe that Hidan and Kakuzu haven't even been totally serious, but they will next chapter.

I for one don't want to see Naruto, this fight is just way too good. I'm also still mad at Naruto for his ultimate jutsu being a windy rasengan :notrust I probably won't forgive him untill I see the new jutsu in action.

EDIT: I think I figured out what felt fishy about the soul-in-pendant theory: If it was that simple, why hasn't Orochimaru done it? Just my two cents.

Well, nobldy said anything about it being simple. It may be a jutsu that only Hidan can perform. Or it may be a secret jutsu. Or it may be both. Sasori, Orochimaru, and Hidan each found their own way to achieve pseudo-immortality.

midnight789
October 01, 2006, 03:44 PM
Well, nobldy said anything about it being simple. It may be a jutsu that only Hidan can perform. Or it may be a secret jutsu. Or it may be both. Sasori, Orochimaru, and Hidan each found their own way to achieve pseudo-immortality.

That's very true, but I would still think Orochimaru would have wanted Hidan or someone from Hidan's clan if that was the case. Who knows though, anythings possible I suppose.

Gold Knight
October 01, 2006, 08:18 PM
@ rigor mortis

Good decision! Its the best way to do it :)

@ Kratos

woahh thnks Gold Knight for this awesome "Ten Comments"

No prob.

@ kiddo7

well well well, aren't we full of surprises?
10 comments on raw day, I like it!!!
alright, let's do this then

1.) You raise a good question here, as usual, how in the world do these guys explain not knowing more about the kage mane/ shibari and it's variants. not only did the sound five claim that it is famous, but also orochimaru and itachi both should have decent knowledge of it and both of them are/were members of akatsuki. I really see no excuse for these two not to be informed about shadow jutsus.

Especially Kakuzu, as you'd expect for him, being a bounty hunter, to know more about all the special skills, especially of Konohagakure. Of course, maybe the Naras are just a clan that hasn't really been that widespreadly known yet.

2./3.) I cannot say for myself that I was impressed with shikamaru's deductive skills this time around. I mean I always thought shikamaru was far more inteligent than you and me. Yet our first guess (and by you, me and our I mean the people on this forum collectively) regarding Hidans jutsu was dead on. I expected that to be something that is as obvious to shikamaru as a dinosaur trying to hide in a recently mowed front lawn. I thought that his strategy would involve some other aspect that we have missed entirely and I would have found it more fitting if he would have thought up a way to get ridd of both enemies at the same time. Oh well, maybe I have put Shikamaru on too high a pedestall.

No, not at all. I think you're right to put Shikamaru on a higher pedestral, because compared to how Shikamaru had to figure out a way to defend against Tayuya's flute, this situation pales in comparison. To be honest I expected Shikamaru to not only figure out a way for them to stop Hidan, though, but also to find a way to stop Kakuzu as well. But I suppose he was having to think much more quickly this time (he usually does need to get into that meditation stance to think of an even more sophisicated strategy).

4.) is it just me or can it be that the phrase: "you talk too much" might carry a slightly different meaning in quolloquial Japanese than it's transliterated counterpart? I also found it interesting that shikamaru was essentially moving hidan without moving himself. Remember the fight with the cute sound chick during the chuunin exams? shikamaru and the person under his jutsu looked like mirror images of each other. This time, however, we do not see any indication of shikamaru having to imitate hidans poses while he is controlling him with the kagemane. I just thought that was interesting to note. Also I fail to understand how the shadow tendrils tying hidan down is any different from shikamarus most basic technic where he siomply connects his shadow with his victim's own. you can't even make the argument thatit uses less chakra, so I don't get how this new skill is in anyway usefull.

Good comment about Shikamaru not being shown to move, but I think he probably did. As for the Kage Nui, I think Shikamaru was actually able to use both the Kagemane and the Kage Nui to hold Hidan down simulateously (otherwise Shikamaru would have had to let go of his shadow) so I think it's just a way to ensure that Hidan would have to work even harder to break free.

6.)yeah I kinda talked about this one before already, I just wonder whi shikamaru did not dispose of hidan himself after he saw that the test checked out. we have seen that the kage nui can do damage, shikamaru could have lopped of his head and cut the rest of his body to spagheti, while the others got ready to take on Kakuzu.

Because Shikamaru was having to hold Hidan in place too much - he was having too much trouble with the Kagemane alone, hence why he had to go with Kage Nui also. It was just easier for Asuma to go finish him off. And in case Kakuzu attacked Shikamaru, Izumo and Kotetsu were there to fend him off.

7./8.)this one actually surprised me quite a bit. if hidan was not going to die from loosing his head, why then was he so scared? For me this is the biggest question in this chapter. Hidan was mortified, he was desperate to the point where he was pleading with kakuzu to "save him" in his own words. why? I mean even after his head fell of he seemed little more than annoyed. but when Asuma was charging at him, I would be willing to bet that he nearly got a few skid marks on his underwear. the guy was freaking out. the only other person I remember showing fear in a similar manner was naruto on their first mission to the hidden myst.

Well, he pretty much can't do anything if his head is separated from his body. That would still have been "defeat" for him. Not to mention that it was pretty embarrassing.

9.) Yeah, actually that is what I am begining to beleive. Hidan found the secret of imortality, next thing you know he and orochimaru will be best friends then oro will make hidans religion the official and mandatory religion in the hidden vilage of sound and it's many out posts, they wiil all learn voodoo jutsu from hidan their high priest and then they will conquer the world, starking with konoha. of course sometime in ther they will get the chance to killl itachi and then sauke will not be emo anymore. the end.
But once again hidan is not making sense to me he is tellinng Kakuzu to bring him his body when it is clearly in team asumas possesion right now. what does he think:

Kakuzu: excuse me fellas, I know that me are mortal enemies and all and I have not forgotten about the money on the fat guys head either, but could we call a time out untill I retreive my partners body from your hands. You know the one you worked so hard to separate from his head.

Team Asuma: sure whaterver you whant just goi ahead and do your thing we will have shikamaru let go of the body right away and asuma will step away sothat you do not feel cramped when coming to pick up the body. by the way what do you plan to do with it?

Kakuzu: I guess the freak wants to pull himself together, get it pull himself together *laughs at his own stupid joke*

Team Asuma: yeah you are weird but we have learned to accept people like you so don't be bothered by us. and since you asked so nicely would you like us to give you our leader together with the body?

Nah, Kakuzu is just going to blow 'em away using a surprise attack, I think ^.^

10.)I really liked kakuzu in this chapter though. he was definately chillin! Hidan crys for help, kakuzu takes his time, hidan get all excited about losing his head, Kakuzu balmes him for trying to do everything on his own. hidan, bitches at kakuzu to get him his body, wich I still think goes against logic (see my previous post), kakuzu does the contrapositive and grabs hidans head. I wonder what he will do in the next chapter? start bashing team asuma with his moneybag and hidans head? I can see it right now, that ought to give rise to some interesting dialog. crackhead predictions aside, I would fell safe to say that kakuzu is at least as cool as kakashi, at least in his behaviour, in this chapter.

I agree, but I have a feeling we haven't exactly seen Kakuzu's worst side yet. He did say that when his temper got out of control, he goes pretty crazy. But yeah, he owns this chapter.

P.S. I hope my post is not too long this time again. and I did not mind at all that you did not answer all of my ravings the last time around, I am, in fact, deeply honored that you took the time to even read most of it. it did end up a lot longer than I ever anticipated. and it was definately not well organized or very coherent.

GK for President!!!

LoL, and no problem. Thanks for dropping by again ^^

@ midnight789

I think what Hidan meant by bring him his body was that he wanted Kakuzu to take it by force, and not drag his head all the way through high heaven. I, myself, would personally rather my head be left alone and my body brought to me. As for why he was totally freaking out when they were about to cut off his head your guess is as good as mine, and my guess is that he can only die so many times (cue homunculus from FMA) before he dies for good. Also it could be extremely painful, and (I would immagine) that getting your head cut off puts you in a rather vulnerable position.

side note: thx for the early 10 commandments! I think this is deffinitely the way to do it.

I don't think Hidan would call himself immortal if he was afraid of dying that way, though. And thanks ^^

@ Yeste

Oh, is that how it’s going to be from now on ah Mr.GK-san!?!! Yes!!! I cannot tell you how much I support you in this!!! :) I can only imagine now people will react to this!!! Great decision GK!!! I don’t know will it be easier for you to write your comments this soon after the chapter is out, but I can tell you that it will be a lot more fun commenting on them while still experiencing the rush from the new chapter!!! :p

I'll definitely try to comment on Naruto ASAP from now on, although I can't promise the same thing for Bleach & OP.

They did look overconfident in their own jutsus, and didn’t think that a non flashing jutsu like Shikas little shadow manipulation could do anything to these big boys… That’s what I love about this!!! It really doesn’t matter how strong is your jutsu, what it matters is when are you going to use it and how… And Shika uses his jutsu like on other!!! I don’t think that some monster jutsus wouldn’t suit him at all ( although his jutsus are pretty strong!!!)
And seems that you’re right about other thing. Oro knows konoha probably way better than itachi… Heck, he probably knows Konoha better than anything!!! I still think that the biggest parts of his jutsu repertoire are Konoha jutsus…
I don’t think you’re picky, I too was kind of confused by this… This could have been deducted way better, I think…

Good point about Hidan and Kakuzu being so overconfident that they possibly might not have cared much about studying the special skills of other villages. That might be what's going on...

I can imagine Kakashi being this careful, but what do you think Naruto would do in a situation like this??? :)
But seriously, this was nice touch from Asuma!!! Just to check if he had won or not… Looks like he has… And Hidan knows it!!!

Nah, Kakashi would probably have done the same thing, and so would have Naruto, for that matter. Neither of these two are shy about being hurt a little bit.

Actually I knew that this “new” ( I didn’t know what’s it called back then, thought it was variation on Kage-mane…) jutsu can do this… Remember how he destroyed Sai’s lion’s with that one… But I didn’t know that it was that strong that it can pierce trough a human body!!! :) This gaves the whole new perspective to Shika!!! And I love it!!!

I don't think it netted the lions up, though, just spiked 'em to death xD

This moment felt great!!! And it would felt the same, has this happened now, then chaps from now, or whenever… Shut him up Asuma sensei, once for all!!!!

But…
I just had to comment on this whole thing, cause I’m still laughing about your very inspiring description of Haku’s sacrifise… :) Ha,ha,ha!!!
It was a shocker, but not that big one ( cause I already seen it in the spoilers… damn it!!! But I love those spoilers, so what can you do… :) )

Yeah, same here.

I was also confused by this, but quickly developed a theory and than later on proved it wrong myself! :p But that wont stop me from telling it to you…
I considered Hidans transformation into the woodoo man when this jutsu began… Now, my theory is that he really is immortal while he’s the woodoo man! We’ve seen him reversing this effect after his fights are over… We’ve seen that two times now… His body color going form black to white, while he was finishing his ceremony… So my theory is that while he’s in a woodoo state( using that jutsu ) his “real” body cant take any damage, or whatever damage it takes will be gone or transferred to the victim. Once the jutsu is lifted, the body returns to previous form and all the injuries are gone…

… But then I remembered the simple fact that they’ve stucked two very big blades in his body while in normal state, and his comments were that it itches him…

So, any thoughts???

Already stated them - I think the secret is in his pendant. Not too unlike Sasori's "log heart."

Yeap, this probably means that!!! He’ll be back for some more!!! And he’ll be even a bigger pain next time around… I’m just wondering are they just gonna let them get away that easy??? I know that they are tired, but they have back up, right???

Don't think they can do much about it if Kakuzu wants to get the head to the body. They'd have to take Kakuzu down first. Hopefully Asuma still won't be affected by the jutsu.

Heh, GK thanks for this unexpected present!!! I surely was very pleased with this!!! Thank you for doing it… :) Great work!!!

On the other hand, events here at MH are keeping me from catching up with One Piece… There’s just too much stuff going on here… Damn it people, I have like a 150 chapters to read, so I can catch up to current events!!! :p I wanna be a pirate!

Oh, really? Well, have fun reading One Piece then - ^^

@ LadyHatake

:love :glomp

I thought about that too. Akatsuki seems to be very informed as far as that kind of thing, so how did they not expect something like that? Maybe Hidan was busy with his ceremony when Leader gave out that information XD

XD... Leader: Hey, listen to this... Hidan: Don't interrupt the ceremony, g'dammit it! Leader: Okay, go screw yourself.

I was glad that Shikamaru caught on. If none of them had figured it out, then they'd be in some serious trouble :s I wonder where else his fast thinking is going to come in handy soon?

I didn't really doubt that Shikamaru would have gotten it either way. This seemed almost too easy for him.

That boy swears worse than a sailor XD Such a dirty mouth, maybe while Kakauzu has his head, he'll wash Hidan's mouth out with soap.

>.> Or maybe it's just Hisshouburaiken who has the mouth... XD

Lazy no Jutsu? :oh

>.>

holy crap, that two page spread was AMAZING XDDD Opened it up and was like....WOO! :woo Thought it was beautiful~~~ Definently wasn't expectining decapitation, but hey :nuts if it works, then yay!

XD

Wonderfully said, as usual <3 I give your review 10 out of 5 stars XD :glomp

Thanks <3 :love :glomp

@ White Silver

First off, the problem was Shikimaru's genius was way too predictable. It wasn't like the time where he fought Temari and Tayuya (now that was an out-of-the-boxy thinking) and to have such a "wow" factor by his teammates and Kakuzu is just plain disappointing. I was really hoping there was more to the pentagram and Shikimaru. Just as you said:

Agreed.

*note "speculation alert": Notice the REALLY big silouette in within the Akatsuki. I guess that may be the secret to Kakuzu's power, his true form is that of a Giant, like Tsunade, he probably did a jutsu that hid his real appearance, such as that of Sasori*

True. I commented on that a long time ago. Still, doesn't seem to indicate that he would grow that big so far, though.

@ The Fourth

maybe its because both of them are (well, Im not completely sure about hidan ) from minor villages

Good point. I like that reasoning the best. They're just two county hicks XD

2. I think that almost every item on him (maybe except his forehead protector) is a part of his technique(s)
the scythe, the thing he stabs himself with, the medal

Agreed, could be very complicated.

Shikamarus dediction was not a big deal
the hard part comes next week when he needs to figure out the immortality

I agree there.

hmm, next week:
they need to keep that headless foulmouth from the circle, while dealing with Kakuzu (maybe) tough job, so I think some reinforments will arrive
that reminds me I was right that they called reinforments before attacking :amuse
and that it was the only thing I was able to predict :notrust

btw nice comments GK :)
and Im glad you decided to do them early
it was a pain wating for them last time :)

Sorry about that, glad you enjoyed them this week ^^

@ baxteristic

First I thought this was a scam by you GK, posting comments on the RAW day... No offense though. Sure is a surprise. :amuse

:P I used to post them early all the time - before I started using images, heh.

Yeah. That's weird considering Naruto has a far larger fan than Bleach and One Piece.

Yeah. At least the HQ Raw did come out early this time around ( figures ).

I guess an Aktasuki member just got owned by a lazy-ass Shinobi... That's something for a change.

Hah.

Luckily Japan is quite open in its manga and anime. No censory of course.

Note that Hidan's cut neck wasn't shown at all, though. SJ still doesn't like too much gore. That's why they moved Bastard! to another magazine.

Ok, so another good review but I prefer yours last week. Hidan just got his ass kicked really hard this time. And that last scene really resembles Freddy vs Jason. Whatever. I hope Kishi draws something more interesting next week though. I hope another fight with Kakuzu. If not the reinforcement will come for nothing.

And while you're at it, why not make this RAW day comments permanent? You can replace the pictures anytime when a higher quality ones come out. Anyway, great work. Looking forward for other comments. :thumbs

Because of how quick the images were replaced this time around, I probably will do that from now on. ^^

@ ibra87

Really enjoyed your comments. Good to see them being posted this fast :D
There isn't much to comment on though. After all, this chapter was mostly action.

Yeah. Thanks for the image btw ^^

@ Luckas04

Great comments Gold Knight, I prefer early comments, even if with raw quality image, but the decision is up to you. Nevertheless I'll wait for your comments, they add a lot to reading Naruto.

1) Or maybe Kishimoto forgot that a character said kagemane is famous.

Could be :p

3) Me too, I'm a little disappointed that the there isn't another twist regarding the jutsu, but Kishimoto redeemed himsel at the end.

Yeah, who knew Hidan would still be alive even with his head off.

5), 6), 7) You said everything. Expect the Asuma wind blade, I was shocked when I saw how much it was long. ( :eyeroll sorry, no pun intended; blame my english for lack of better words) The capacity to extend so much the wind chakra open up a lot of possibilities for Naruto, especially considering his fighting style. I hope Kishimoto let Naruto to use a wind chakra powered weapon other than his new jutsu, he is developping with the aid of Kakashi and Yamato.

That would be cool if Naruto's "weapon" could be something similar.

8) I can say you really loved this scene, a secret love for gore :eyeroll

I don't like gore THAT much... >.> It's just that Kishimoto draws it with a lot of taste and it's certainly surprising because he doesn't do it all that often ^^

9) I like your idea/theory, it's very imaginative. But I think the pendant went flying when Asuma decapitated Hidan in the double spread.

It did, but it probably isn't broken. We'll see soon enough whether Hidan cares all that much about it though.

10) I was sure Kakuzu wouldn't have helped Hidan, because he apparentely didn't try to stop Asuma, so I thought Kakuzu believed his partner too weak and for this reason not worthy to be helped. So I was sure Kakuzu would ignore Hidan or even kill him. Now I'm curious to know how Hidan will reconnect his head and his body.
Until now I wasn't a big fan of the banter of these two, but in this chaper their dialogue was truly hilarious.

Haha. XD

@ Martes13

If the battle with Kazuku is too long... we will see who are the reinforcements :D

Perhaps ^^

@ sao

lol after watching some yu yu hakusho last night i came up with a theory for hidan's immortality. It's just like the elder toguro's move, where he could probably move his organ around the body freely. So once the voodoo jutus begins, he could move his extremely important organs around to somewhere really important, like he could move his heart to his arms so if he got pierced in the heart he won't die but the person under the voodoo jutsu might :P

It sounds far fetched but it does look similar to the move in YYH.

but then how do you explain the survival of the decapitation?

Cute theory... I agree with White Silver though, it probably does have more with his religion than any kind of physical ability. Plus if Hidan's brain had been moved to somewhere else in his body, how could he still talk with his head? XD

I hope it's not like DBz at all, seriously...

Will have to respond to the other posts later ^^; Thanks all for commenting!

Chiru
October 01, 2006, 10:46 PM
I'm surprised you of all people--you're so obsevant Goldy-sama :3--didn't mention the little black strips on Kakuzu's arm in that last panel. Looks like it's sewn/taped(wtf) on. Is his Frankenstein? O_O

Great as always though. ^^:

Twoshirou
October 02, 2006, 04:31 AM
Great job on this comments as always. Good idea bringing them out on raw day (good because I’ll get them to read earlier now :xp)

But at the same time I can see it finishing somebody's life, too. These blades ARE wicked-looking, and I still think Hidan would have killed Asuma a few chapters ago outright if he didn't have to avoid Shikamaru's jutsu. (Of course, I suppose Hidan wanted to play around with Asuma too, first, as well.)

Honestly I’m damn disappointed of Kishi. Hidan’s Scythe looks definitely like a weapon constructed to finish someone of. And Shikamaru’s analysis is a little bit unlogical here. If the blades would’ve been looking like Kisame’s Samehada it would be logical that Shikamaru thinks the purpose of the weapon is to drain blood. But Hidan’s weapon looks like a badass Scythe for hard-boiled terminator types and not like an instrument to drain blood. And I fully agree with you: Asuma would’ve died if Hidan would’ve landed a direct hit. Therefore I just can’t imagine how Shikamaru could’ve possibly develop the idea of Hidan’s weapon less being made to kill and more to drain blood.

(sorry for the miserable grammar btw - I’m so lousy in english after all :crying)

So in this case, I think I can say Shikamaru's quality as a cool customer definitely paid off in spades. But then again, over the last two years and a half, he's probably had tons of training with his father in controlling his Kagemane. Still, very, very impressive that Shikamaru won THIS struggle.
(…)
Anyhow, that's a new aspect of Kage Nui we hadn't seen until now. Technically, I suppose it could count as a new Shikamaru move, and one I definitely can see video game designers also incorporating into his repertoire of combat techniques. Woo.
(…)

Shikamaru should be counted in as a possible future Hokage. I was damn impressed how he was able to combine his jutsus in this situation and how he overpowered Hidan here. If that boy should ever learn Kage Bunshin no Jutsu … imagine the possibilities. ;)

(Although it's odd, that the Akatsuki, being such a tough group of evil geniuses, would still depend on each other so much.)

It’s even more odd, that they’re losing! Until now the Akatsuki lost every fight or at least retreated. If this goes on they’ll become a ridiculous bunch. I can already see what will happen: Kakuzu attacks, Team Asuma can’t handle him, the reinforcements shows up, Kakuzu will be defeated and Hidans body and head destroyed. Ummm…that’s lame.

I really do hope that Kishi shows us a few Akatsuki victories.

I actually hope that they'll both survive this battle

Same here. :amuse

kiddo7
October 02, 2006, 09:24 AM
um these guys (Kakuzu and Hidan) have had a streak of victories in all their battles so far! I am sure i recall Kishimoto showing us a few victories. it is only when they fight Konoha that they lose and that is because Konoha is the main character in the story. And as it is with every story, fortune is always biased towards the main character, to the point of being rediculous.

Gold Knight
October 02, 2006, 10:13 AM
I'm surprised you of all people--you're so obsevant Goldy-sama :3--didn't mention the little black strips on Kakuzu's arm in that last panel. Looks like it's sewn/taped(wtf) on. Is his Frankenstein? O_O

Great as always though. ^^:

I did notice them but neglected to talk about them because I had figured that was old news (he also showed a black strip on his forearm back when they went to the Fire Temple). But that's why I did come up with my "explosive power" theory.

Odd though, it's almost as if he's taken his body parts apart and put them all back together.

Ah well, off to do Bleach comments now ( Will come back later ^^ )

Honestly I’m damn disappointed of Kishi. Hidan’s Scythe looks definitely like a weapon constructed to finish someone of. And Shikamaru’s analysis is a little bit unlogical here. If the blades would’ve been looking like Kisame’s Samehada it would be logical that Shikamaru thinks the purpose of the weapon is to drain blood. But Hidan’s weapon looks like a badass Scythe for hard-boiled terminator types and not like an instrument to drain blood. And I fully agree with you: Asuma would’ve died if Hidan would’ve landed a direct hit. Therefore I just can’t imagine how Shikamaru could’ve possibly develop the idea of Hidan’s weapon less being made to kill and more to drain blood.

(sorry for the miserable grammar btw - I’m so lousy in english after all :crying)

Preach it bro! And your grammar's fine ^^

um these guys (Kakuzu and Hidan) have had a streak of victories in all their battles so far! I am sure i recall Kishimoto showing us a few victories. it is only when they fight Konoha that they lose and that is because Konoha is the main character in the story. And as it is with every story, fortune is always biased towards the main character, to the point of being rediculous.

Yeah, but it's unrealistic for the good guys to *always* win. But yeah, if the main character died, well, that'd be the end of the series, wouldn't it?

Twoshirou
October 02, 2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah, but it's unrealistic for the good guys to *always* win. But yeah, if the main character died, well, that'd be the end of the series, wouldn't it?

I guess I'll buy myself a flight ticket to Japan, and convince Kishi to make Hidan the new main character of the series. Have you ever seen "Misery"? I'll do it "Kathy Bates"-style. :thumbs :XD :XD :XD

However, Team Asuma are not the main characters. They're just supporting characters thus it's not a tragedy if they die (though I hope that at least Shikamaru will survive).

Gold Knight
October 02, 2006, 02:42 PM
I guess I'll buy myself a flight ticket to Japan, and convince Kishi to make Hidan the new main character of the series. Have you ever seen "Misery"? I'll do it "Kathy Bates"-style. :thumbs :XD :XD :XD

Don't do anything to Kishimoto-sama ;_; He gives us so much! XD

(That movie convinced me that if I ever became a writer, I'd go under a pen name to protect my identity XD )

However, Team Asuma are not the main characters. They're just supporting characters thus it's not a tragedy if they die (though I hope that at least Shikamaru will survive).

Agreed - but it would disappoint some fans, for sure, if Asuma went down. The supporting characters may be a main reason why Naruto series has gotten so popular (even if you didn't like Naruto, there's always somebody else to like.)

midnight789
October 02, 2006, 07:10 PM
It’s even more odd, that they’re losing! Until now the Akatsuki lost every fight or at least retreated. If this goes on they’ll become a ridiculous bunch. I can already see what will happen: Kakuzu attacks, Team Asuma can’t handle him, the reinforcements shows up, Kakuzu will be defeated and Hidans body and head destroyed. Ummm…that’s lame.

I really do hope that Kishi shows us a few Akatsuki victories.

I think that akatsuki is going to win this one. I think by the time the reinforcements arive, the A-Team will be basically wiped out. Think about it, they've got 20 minutes until the reinforcements arive, and Shikamaru is basically drained, and Asuma is still hurtin from being stabbed through the leg and burnt. That leaves Izumo and Kotetsu (sp?) and, no offense, I don't see them beating Kakuzu, and I'm sure for a fact they won't win if Hidan pulls himself together (pun intended). That said, I do agree that I hope Shikamaru lives. Actually, I think Asuma is going to die keeping him alive.

Dark Zeza
October 03, 2006, 10:35 PM
4. Keepin' His Cool. I nearly doubled up with laughter when I read Shikamaru's comeback here. Hey, wasn't it *Shikamaru* who was the one who was doing all the talking for most of the first five pages? So for him to say "Shut up, you talk too much" to Hidan here - priceless...!!! Yeah, I know Hidan had just shouted profanities at the kid, but still funny all the same. Although it's true, though, Hidan does have a mouth on him.

Hey I like your comment there. In this chapter from the start Shika was the one who does all talking and he told Hidan to shutup that cracked me. :smile-big

10. Enter: Kakuzu...! When I saw the spoiler pictures yesterday, initially I thought Kakuzu was going to betray Hidan and leave him. Wouldn't have blamed him, either, for all the grief Hidan's given him, but that would have been somewhat of a downer. Hey, I'm not a music fan whatsoever (being deaf), but when the Beatles broke up, I know a lot of people were disappointed. Same thing would have happened, I think, for all the Naruto readers if these two went their separate ways.

But nope! Kakuzu did indeed come to Hidan's assistance. That both surprised me and made me happy at the same time.

And in some ways, that made me like this duo even more...! Even despite all the problems they've had with each other, they're still a team. Yeah, they're a dysfunctional team, but they're willing to work with each other. And damn, is their dialogue entertaining.

I actually hope that they'll both survive this battle, although I wish the same for Asuma as well. Either way, it's been a pretty darn fun storyline so far.

About this duo, I think the reason Kakuzu assist Hidan is that, he can abuse Hidan body when he was angry. He always get mad and kill his own partners, that's why Hidan would be his best buddy. :smile-big