PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Weapons of One Piece

zerocooldx
June 04, 2009, 05:24 AM
Weapon's have been pretty prevalent within One Piece, either just for show or actual use. We have seen talk about some of the most important/powerful weapons in One Piece such as Pluton and Poseidon. But this topic is more about individual characters, and we have seen what? About 80% of all of the "Top Notch" and in some way "Important" characters to the story line that we have seen have at least had some type of a weapon(s) with them. And the Straw Hat's themselves have gotten/created new weapons as the series has progressed. Such as Zoro's swords, Usopp's slingshots, and Nami's Clima-Tact. And characters like Brook, Franky and even Chopper have always had some kind of a weapon(s) or tool(s).

But Luffy and Sanji themselvse have not had any weapons and for all we know they may not get any. And i know there are certain characters that weapons just don't "go" or "fit in" with them and their fighting styles, and having everyone have weapons would be really "dry". And in Luffy's case these weapon's could come from his Devil Fruit powers and or his future Gears. Just like we have seen Kizaru and Aokiji use their Devil Fruit powers to create a weapon(s) for themselves. But One Piece is a long series and we have seen some characters aquire weapons and tools throughout the series. So just for discussion sake do you guys think that we will see anymore Straw Hat crew members get/create any new weapons or something similar to weapons? Also do you fell that weapons can give someone a significant advantage in battle?

A List of some "Top Notch" and "Important" characters that have used/carried weapon(s) and or tool(s) with them...

Rayleigh - Sword
Whitebeard - Naginata
Ace - Dagger/Knife
Mihawk - Sword
Shanks - Sword
Kuma - His Body
Blackbeard - Guns
Van Auger - Gun
Lafitte - Cane
X.Drake - Axe/Sword
Hawkins - Sword
Law - Sword
Kid- Knife
Killer - Claws/Blades
Zoro - Swords
Nami - Clima Tact
Usopp - Dials/Sling Shots
Chopper - Rumble Ball
Franky - His Body
Brook - Sword/Violin
Robin - Various Weapons/Tools from her hands
Buggy - Daggers/Knives
Aokiji - Ice Saber
Kizaru - Light Sword
Crocodile - Poison Hook/Knife
Chaka - Sword
Pell - Sword
Arlong - Saw like Sword
Sentoumaru -Axe
Kumadori - Staff
Eneru - Staff
Gan Fall - Lance
Shura - Lance
Ohm - Sword
Wiper - Gun
Don Krieg - Weapon Suit
Gin - Tonfa
Smoker - Seastone Jutte
Tashigi - Sword
Shiryuu - Sword
Hannyabal - Pitchfork

Also if i have indeed left out any "Top Notch" and "Important" characters that posess weapon(s) or tool(s) then please list them and i'll add them to this list. Which i'm sure will continue to grow as the series progresses.

toxun
June 04, 2009, 07:24 AM
Crocodile also wield blade inside his bulge left hand, he used it after Luffy broke his poisonous hook (wonder if there's another type inside :)). Drake didn't wield Axe :(. he use mace & cutlass instead. Auger use rifle. For Arlong, it more appropriate to categorize it as a saw. Kidd carrying knives, not gun.

zerocooldx
June 04, 2009, 07:33 AM
Crocodile also wield blade inside his bulge left hand, he used it after Luffy broke his poisonous hook (wonder if there's another type inside :)). Drake didn't wield Axe :(. he use mace & cutlass instead. Auger use rifle. For Arlong, it more appropriate to categorize it as a saw. Kidd carrying knives, not gun.

Well I don't know what the weapon (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/6/65/X_Drake.PNG) in his right hand is, but it lookes like a weird axe. And yeah i i'll add the sword, for whatever i skipped over it. And i never really got a good look at Kid's weapon but yeah now that i look at it again it does look like a knife.

gao_dargon
July 09, 2009, 01:14 AM
i don't think they'll get new wepons, the only way i can picture them getting a new wepon is getting a new nakama, some wepons might be upgraded (like Ussop's kabuto and Nami's tempo rod) and others replaced (Zoro's sword) but as far as geting a never before used wepon, i dont think its likely to hapen

Gecko Moria
July 09, 2009, 02:51 AM
Some of them will. People like Luffy, Chopper and Robin don't even need weapons as they can use their Devil Fruit powers to attack. Others like Zoro, Brook, Franky will continue to use their same weapons because that's what they work well with maybe get small upgrades or get replacements if they break. Ussop and Nami might new some brand new weapons.

gao_dargon
July 09, 2009, 05:05 PM
Sadi-chan has a whip dosen't she?

Lord Rayleigh
July 09, 2009, 05:29 PM
Sadi-chan has a whip dosen't she?
Indeed and she uses it to fight. You have got an example here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/06/) and she was tied up with by Ivankov after their fight.

gao_dargon
July 10, 2009, 02:45 PM
also, the guy on sky island (just forgot his name damit >.<) had a many dials and a bazooka

Zehahaha
July 10, 2009, 03:59 PM
also, the guy on sky island (just forgot his name damit >.<) had a many dials and a bazooka

Waipa, and I like that guy, his fighting skills are good ! Especially the bazooka !

Of course that weapons give an advantage to the user (especially Nami ); and a seriously think that some of the strawhats need some new weapons, especially Usopp and Nami (or a some huge power up for their weapons )

gao_dargon
July 10, 2009, 06:24 PM
i think the power up is more doable, an upgrade if you will, but as far as geting new wepons i don't think so, thouse bizzare wepons are part of the strawhats identity changing them would be afecting the core of the crew (as far as story telling go) the only character that can "change" wepons is Zoro, and thas because a sword even if its "more powerfull" is still a sword

bittman
July 14, 2009, 06:18 AM
Well what is a new weapon? Is Kabuto a new weapon compared to Ussop's tiny slingshot? It's somewhat an upgrade, but the frame is new so does it qualify as "new weapon" that way?

Was Climatact v1.0 an upgrade or new weapon from the stick?
Was Climatact v2.0 an upgrade or new weapon from the v1.0?

I would say both are "new weapons", not upgrades. An upgrade would be if Ussop simply added a dial to the end of v1, instead he rebuilt it with dials in mind.

Anyway, of course they'll keep getting new weapons. I don't think Oda has run out of ideas halfway through the grandline, and he likes to keep his characters fresh. Stuff like the Climatact will keep being "remodelled" rather than "upgraded". Nami could be wielding a scythe by the end of One Piece, would you argue the blade on a stick is an upgrade?

sindergi
July 14, 2009, 10:32 AM
What I asked myself for a while is why they didnt make bullets of sea-stone or a sword. Wouldnt this a powerful weapon against DF-user, for example Luffy if you can easily shoot him.

Zehahaha
July 14, 2009, 02:26 PM
What I asked myself for a while is why they didnt make bullets of sea-stone or a sword. Wouldnt this a powerful weapon against DF-user, for example Luffy if you can easily shoot him.

Bullets of sea stone exist, they were used in Impel Down by the gaolers
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/541/10/

Gaolers Bullets = Bullets of sea stone, for me

DutchPhoenix
July 14, 2009, 02:37 PM
you forgot kaku - swords

gao_dargon
July 14, 2009, 10:54 PM
Well what is a new weapon? Is Kabuto a new weapon compared to Ussop's tiny slingshot? It's somewhat an upgrade, but the frame is new so does it qualify as "new weapon" that way?

Was Climatact v1.0 an upgrade or new weapon from the stick?
Was Climatact v2.0 an upgrade or new weapon from the v1.0?

I would say both are "new weapons", not upgrades. An upgrade would be if Ussop simply added a dial to the end of v1, instead he rebuilt it with dials in mind.

Anyway, of course they'll keep getting new weapons. I don't think Oda has run out of ideas halfway through the grandline, and he likes to keep his characters fresh. Stuff like the Climatact will keep being "remodelled" rather than "upgraded". Nami could be wielding a scythe by the end of One Piece, would you argue the blade on a stick is an upgrade?

well as far as me goes, an upgrade is precisley that, adding something that makes them more eficient, even if it changes its looks or not, as long as the original component is still there, then its an upgrade, well at least for me

SamxFIN
July 15, 2009, 07:01 AM
Well here are some characters with weapons:

alvilda (club), kuro (sword glove thingies), jango (chakrams), fullbody, t-bone (sword), kalifa (whip), big pan (axe and those giant pans), hamburg (brass knuckles and elbow pads), pickles (swords), kamakiri (spear and burn blade), genbou (bazooka), braham (pistols), pearl (shields), mr.5 (pistol), mr.4 (baseball bat), mr.3 (suit), absalom (bazookas), cindry (plates), dorry & brogy (axe and sword) and hannyabal's new double sword.