PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Hand's by Itakura Yuuichi

ThE WoRm
September 29, 2006, 01:49 PM
Well, as usually, I open such a thread again, this time for Hand's

In the first chapter, there was only one thing about handball, where Mizuki threw the rock and said that that's handball.

Translations:
Chapter 1 - by me (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9185.0)
Chapter 2 - by me (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9398.0)
Chapter 3 - by me (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9663.0)

Scanlations:
Chapter 1 - Scanlated by promfret, translations by me (http://promfret87.blogspot.com/)
Chapter 2 - Scanlated by promfret, translations by me (http://rapidshare.de/files/35911791/HANDs_ch02_promfret.zip)

I also translated the one shot, and SBM are working on releasing it, when it'll be released, I'll note you about it.

The translations for Hand's are for now free to be used by any person or team for scanlations, for private use, people will need to talk with me, and if I'll feel like it :P

So, a brief view of what goes in chapter 1
The main character wants to be a hero, but his father is a bum that loses all of their money in gambling, but he was once the ace of the japanese team in handball. He goes to a coach and asks him to take care of his son, because he got into a debt and is running from the yakuza (I know it's the Yakuza for sure because the mangaka has something for the yakuza, that's what I found out from the one shot who I'll give a sum for next). The coach thinks he's an outstanding talent that has been given to him to coach, and he sends his daughter to pick him. Daigo (the main character) in the meanwhile, gets involve with the yakuza and runs away, and to save himself, he threatens Mizuki (the daughter) so he'll get free from the yakuza, some how it works, and than Mizuki understands Taigo is the kid who's coming to their home, but he doesn't know what is handball and says it's not him. She gets angry at his impoliteness and throws him to the river, when he falls to the river she's kidnapped by the yakuza. Because Taigo always dreamt about becoming a hero, he goes to save her and sinks the car on the way, after a hard try, they are saved, Mizuki goes to meet the kid who comes to live with them just to find out it's Daigo! *end of chapter 1*

And what goes on in the one shot?
A kid named Takeuchi Kouta is in love with a girl, he wants to confess it to her, and in the end he does, and she agrees to be his girlfriend because she feels something for him too. Just then, her father comes (when he disappears) and it turns out her father is a yakuza boss, saying he'll kill everyone who'll come near his daughter, Kouta appears and is found out by the yakuza boss, and than the girl says he's her boyfriend, after a while, the yakuza boss wants to cut Kouta's fingers because he made him admit that they've done it (although they haven't), but then he says he plays handball, after he sees something about handball on the wall, that saves him, and than he tells the yakuza boss he's the ace of his school, which appears to be quite good in handball... And than the father makes him join his private team for games, when he comes to the game, he's all afraid (the game is a day after it all happened) but because he's a ace pitcher in baseball he thought he might be able to do it, when he tells him to get on the court, he runs away, just to meet that girl who was brought by his best friend, they talk, and she tells him why she was in love with him all that while, and that's because she admired his playing skills, he goes to play in handball, and does a mess, but gets a goal and a lot of weird things happens, in the end he confesses to the boss, but says that he will one day become an ace and he'll show him, and the boss says he can't touch his daugher until that day comes. And so he made his first steps in the world of Handball

I somehow liked the one shot better, but who knows what will go of this :P
It's only chapter 1 Oo

Wololo
September 29, 2006, 04:40 PM
well well I never thought anyone in japan even knew what handball is, seems I was wrong. I'm quite interested in seeing what kind of strange notions the mangaka has about handball before the manga get's cut. Afterall I doubt handball is popular enough in japan to be used in a manga.

ThE WoRm
September 29, 2006, 04:50 PM
Well, amefuto was used too and it's not that popular ^^" And it's still on going ^^"

NeoShweaty
October 01, 2006, 06:47 PM
what the hell is this? I know handball is a game you play with a small ball where you hit it against the wall and stuff. Why the hell is there a goal and a ball a little bigger than a softball there?

ThE WoRm
October 01, 2006, 09:25 PM
Hit it against the wall?
Handball is a combination of basketball and soccer like they said there, but in a really weird way :P So it's unaccurate to say that
You dribble and take points by getting the ball through the goal line, which have a goal keeper, you play only with your hands, that's the basics...

NeoShweaty
October 01, 2006, 09:35 PM
I guess the united states and other places have different handballs. This is the one i am thinking of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_handball

promfret
October 01, 2006, 10:45 PM
Worm, your translation is free to use right?

Wololo
October 02, 2006, 02:38 AM
Handball is closest to football (the real one not the american one). The only real difference is it is played with the hands. The field is like a mix of football and basketball though. The field itself is about as big as a basketball court but you have two goals, one for each team, and a half circle around each. This half circle is forbidden to enter for the offensive team and the defending team, except of course for the goal keeper, may only enter under special circumstances and not defend against a throw. So to defend against an attack you usually build a wall of players around this half circle to prevent the offensive team from throwing. And the offensive team tries to get past your defense by quick passing to outmaneuver the defense. It's quite a rough sport, often more so than football, with lots of body contact, meaning pulling pushing and so on. And like in football you get freethrows (like those freekicks in football and not like those in basketball) and penalties, when a foul occurs.

ThE WoRm
October 02, 2006, 08:57 AM
*Until the damn caplocks got down*

promfret, yes, it's free to be used by anyone, ofcourse as long as they don't forget to credit me ^^"

And you forgot to say that you need to dribble :P and you have 3 steps without dribble, as I remember, but I'm not sure now ^^"

Wololo
October 02, 2006, 10:48 AM
*Until the damn caplocks got down*

promfret, yes, it's free to be used by anyone, ofcourse as long as they don't forget to credit me ^^"

And you forgot to say that you need to dribble :P and you have 3 steps without dribble, as I remember, but I'm not sure now ^^"

I'm not sure about this point myself I only played handball sometimes during phys ed classes at school and the only thing I remember about the rules on dribbling is that they are less strict than those in basketball.

Oh and I noticed an error in my description the offensive team may enter the half circle to throw but they may not touch the ground within the half circle before throwing. In other words they can jump as far in as they want.

ThE WoRm
October 02, 2006, 10:55 AM
Yes, that's why it's called the air fighting sport :P Because you fight with a jump in there.
Although it was weird, a series about Handball, and the first chapter had almost no handball in it Oo

Kyuzo
October 02, 2006, 12:11 PM
Does anyone have a higher quality scan of c001 than the one the Touch posted?

ThE WoRm
October 02, 2006, 12:26 PM
I think that correctly there is no better one than that ^^"

promfret
October 04, 2006, 02:55 AM
Chapter 1 scanlated by me. Translations by ThE WoRm

http://promfret87.blogspot.com/

Cheers.

ThE WoRm
October 04, 2006, 08:51 AM
Cheers alright :P[br]Posted on: October 04, 2006, 04:49:05 PM_________________________________________________Updated the topic

Rheso
October 04, 2006, 12:44 PM
A manga about Handball, sounds interesting.
Just about right in time with the Handball World Cup in January 2007.
Lots of new fans :smile-big

Kyuzo
October 04, 2006, 05:12 PM
Anyone planning on doing actual scanlations of this series (as in cleaned etc., not just typset)?

ThE WoRm
October 04, 2006, 06:27 PM
The double page has become into one!

Kyuzo, I don't see any reason to complain, IMO it's quite good compared to the raws which are LQ... If you want a version that has "cleaning" added to "typesetting", wait for the Tankuban raws for Hand's to come out

NeoShweaty
October 04, 2006, 07:05 PM
seriously, its such a big waste of time to clean these. The tank will make everything good.

Kyuzo
October 04, 2006, 07:41 PM
I wasn't complaining, I was just wondering. I was thinking about debinding the latest issue of jump, scanning it myself, and scanlating it with a couple people but it's not really necessary now, but I was wondering if anyone was going to do that.

ThE WoRm
October 04, 2006, 09:14 PM
Do what? Debind SJ and scan it? Or scanlate better? Well, the scans for SJ needs to be done really specificely so they could have a some what good result with quite a lot of effort, while the tankuban raw doesn't need it at all ^^" If you want, buy the tankuban when it's out, and scan it from that, my translations are free to scanlate with after all ^^"

If you really want, I can try getting better raws, but it's quite a lot of negging :P I don't like to neg ^^"

promfret
October 04, 2006, 11:59 PM
if u wanna do HQ.... i suggest waiting for the Tank raws to come out then scan it.... and technically i didnt just "typeset", when I first saw the raw I was like.... -_-|| , first time i had to clean such LQ raws... Also, doing this is just to raise awareness of the manga... so that people know that there are new mangas out there....

But really... if the raws were better.... will save me alot of troubles.... o_o

Like I said... IF u wanna do HQ... wait for the tankuban to come out.... it saves u alot alot of trouble.

ThE WoRm
October 05, 2006, 01:55 PM
*Working on chapter 2 now*[br]Posted on: October 05, 2006, 05:37:54 PM_________________________________________________Well, chapter 2 is translated now ^^" :P

promfret
October 05, 2006, 03:51 PM
k.... i'll work on the chapter after my test tomorrow. Have to study now.... hopefully a higher quality raw will surface then....

ThE WoRm
October 05, 2006, 04:20 PM
It'll probably won't but we can always hope ^^"

Kyuzo
October 05, 2006, 04:59 PM
I've scanned jump raws for teams before and they're much higher qual than the current hand's scans, i just don't like debinding my manga lol.

ThE WoRm
October 05, 2006, 07:20 PM
Well, I guess ^^" You want to scan it? If you want, you're welcomed ^^"

promfret
October 07, 2006, 11:04 PM
Here is chapter 2.... its low quality.... the reason why i didnt really clean it that much... is well, written in my blog.
http://promfret87.blogspot.com

for convenience sake, here is the rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.de/files/35911791/HANDs_ch02_promfret.zip

edit :opps, forget to say that its translated by ThE WoRm. (its mentioned in the scan, but meh :D)

ThE WoRm
October 08, 2006, 06:43 AM
Cheers! updated the topic :P

promfret
October 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
why are the raws for Hand's always so bad..... its making me lose interest in scanlating it.... gah.....
Raws for chapter 3 is out..... super LQ raw again.... grrr.

ThE WoRm
October 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
Ah, give a more direct link to chapter 1 download, by the way, translation for chapter 3 is out :P
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9663.0
topic updated

siegfried
October 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
I wonder when there will be a timeskip in this manga though I know it is pretty early to talk about it. There will be a lot of romance after the timeskip imo which will make the story better. *cant wait for the future chapters*

ThE WoRm
October 12, 2006, 04:13 PM
I can only say, the boss likes Handball :P
And hopefully there will be a time skip, but first, the thing with the Yakuza needs to end, if it'll end, or the Yakuza thingy will drag the manga to a time skip.

Reloaded
October 13, 2006, 09:57 AM
promfret can you upload your chapters on megaupload rapidshare hates me

siegfried
October 13, 2006, 05:09 PM
no, not megaupload. it is worst possible site for most of non-americans. it is even forbidden to reach that site in my country eventhough I dont know why. sendspace or some other would be good for everybody I think.

promfret
October 13, 2006, 05:54 PM
Chapter 1 on savefile.
http://www.savefile.com/files/157350

Chapter 2 on savefile.
http://www.savefile.com/files/157318

Reloaded
October 14, 2006, 06:34 AM
thanks cant wait till chapter 3

treetz
November 26, 2006, 07:02 PM
what happended it been like a month

ssjohn
November 26, 2006, 08:13 PM
The Worm *translator * is very busy right now so he isnt able to work on Hand's or some other manga's he was doing :(

But Hand's end's next issue of jump so maybe once worm is done w/ Zan he can finnish hand's also >_> *looks at Worm with a puppy dog face*

ThE WoRm
November 27, 2006, 06:18 AM
I will, once I'm finished with Zan, but Yakitate is higher priority than Zan, and an higher priority than Yakitate is my University, when I'll be finished with Zan, I'll move to Hand's and will finish that too, but the fact that chapter 3 wasn't scanlated by anyone yet makes me want to not keep on translating it anymore (hint hint)

ssjohn
November 27, 2006, 09:13 AM
^___^ is it ok if MMS takes it on? i can do it >.< just need raws / time >.< *will start work on it next week if no one has done anything with it yet* i just was waiting on other group to do it >.>

and yea Yakitate.............. got alot of work to go on that >.<

How dose the ending look to HANDS? i mean how dose it seem it's going to be? rushed?

ThE WoRm
November 27, 2006, 09:19 AM
I guess it'll be rushed, I didn't read it myself yet ^^"
If you'll take it, I'll put it in the list beneath Zan (which is beneath Yakitate) but this is a very fragile list, and it can change quite quickly like I've seen so far ^^"

ssjohn
November 27, 2006, 09:21 AM
XD ^^ k np ill try and start work next sunday ^_______^

treetz
November 27, 2006, 07:57 PM
im ok with the trans and when they come out but no one scanned chapter 3 and i think this is gunna be a good manga

Gret
November 28, 2006, 03:36 AM
oh.. :( i was hoping that we'll get more Hands scanlations... but everyone has priorities, like Worm, but I hope you won't stop translating..... will you? :blink

ThE WoRm
November 28, 2006, 05:25 AM
I won't stop translating, don't worry.

treetz, hand's is over in japan in two days, so it won't be a good manga like you think ^^"

treetz
November 29, 2006, 05:02 PM
ooo it only has 10 chapters

Wololo
December 01, 2006, 05:11 AM
well it was to be expected. Handball is just too unpopular and even worse too unknown to make a successful manga

rankgain
December 18, 2006, 03:51 AM
I think I'm gonna be working on this for MMS for ssjohn after he cleans the raw. Hell, even if he wasn't cleaning it, if I could get the raw, I would scanlate it to see what happens.

ssjohn
December 18, 2006, 08:23 AM
Rankgain if you want to just do that that's fine >.< this manga would take alot of work to make it HQ like i would like atm >.< raws can be found @ http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2741.0

ill try and do a HQ version but the raws are just meh >.< and im trying to keep mms @ hq >.<

rankgain
December 19, 2006, 03:49 AM
Thanks, I'll try and make an MQ version.[br]Posted on: December 18, 2006, 12:50:09 PM_________________________________________________Finished. I don't think I'll want to do anymore scans of Hand's without looking it over first... This chapter was disappointingly boring and handball still hasn't played a part yet...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s7ud1k

ssjohn
December 19, 2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks ^-^ and XD yea hands was ...............'ended' to early so i dont think we will see much >.< but thanks for the scanlations

rankgain
December 19, 2006, 02:41 PM
No problem. It's just that after reading the first two chapters, I thought by now the manga would be a lot better. =/

Gret
December 20, 2006, 10:07 AM
Thx for the scans! Been waiting for this.

rankgain
December 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
Thx for the scans! Been waiting for this.

Don't expect too much... Well, at least one person out there enjoys it. :)