PDA

View Full Version : [VOTING] Amateur Colouring of the Month - June 2009

Agrias
June 07, 2009, 05:49 PM
VOTE NOW! Check out the entries in the Amateur Art Contest Voting gallery (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?c=24) and then vote in this thread for your favorite!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To make up for the last contest lateness, we're now accepting submissions for the June contest before the April/May results come out. =]

Amateur Coloring of the Month - June, 2009

Welcome to the Amateur Coloring Category! This category is for the colorists out there who are just now discovering their talent of coloring manga.

Submissions

How to submit contest entries: Must use PHOTOPLOG
Go HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/upload.php).
Choose "Amateur Art Contest Submissions" as the Category and click continue.
Fill out the "Upload File" page to completion and click upload.
To view the current submissions, go HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?c=23).

**NEW: Please also post a thumbnail of your submission (use photoplog's medium link) here in this thread.

Rules for submissions:
Any manga colorings of your choice are allowed. It can be a whole page, double-page, or even just a panel, whatever you wish.
Any fan art should be submitted to the current Fan Art of the Month contest.
Any media of your choice. Watercolor, Digitally-colored, or even a crayon coloring. As long as it looks good, why not!
Entries for the Amateur Category must be posted in this thread. Please go to the Advanced Coloring Category thread if you consider your work Advanced.
If you've won 3 times in our weekly Amateur Manga Coloring Contest, you will be classified as an Advanced artist and you have to stay with that contest from now on if you still want to compete. However, you can still enter the Advanced contest even if you're still classified as an Amateur, if you're that confident in your work.
If you have multiple colorings, please just choose one for the week's competition.
Kindly credit the cleaned page if it is cleaned by someone else.
Kindly submit your final work. No editing your post for newer versions of colorings please.
No plagiarizing please. Ripping someone's hard work is just wrong.
If an entry is perceived to be qualified enough for the advanced category colorings, that entry will then be moved for the Advanced Category Coloring Contest.

Duration: Submissions - 7th through the 21st.
You will have until the end of the day on the 21st, GMT (+0) time to submit your entry. Go here (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/) to see the time in your timezone.
Voting - polls open on the 22nd of every month and will close 10 days later.

ATTENTION:
If you believe your work is of a higher quality, post it in the Advanced contest! We've had several incidences in the past where people have posted obviously advanced entries in the amateur contests and won with no competition at all. Post it in the Advanced contest where it belongs.

Prostyle
June 30, 2009, 07:04 AM
Ok so this is the case:The voting is cool but can I suggest a thing, because if someone random wishes to vote and did not check in advance the contestants works and is in most cases lazy to browse, he quit and there is no vote. It would be great if there is direct link from the poll to the contest work if its possible.That way with one click he can see the colorings and vote real quick. I get kind a dizzy from browsing.With a direct cut to the page its a win for everyone.
P.S. and if there is some way instead of browsing from the 'Fanart' menu its sooo secret that noone prolly uses it xD d:D
[hr]
P.S.S. I think no one reads the full post to get to the 'Amateur Art Contest Voting gallery' hehehe but meh prolly not many are like me XD xD :D :D
sorry for the dual post but i didn't find 'edit' at this moment, probably laters but hey its still a good suggestion ;~))))

abcdefghijkL0L
June 30, 2009, 07:09 AM
Actually that's a good idea haha, though I don't know if you can link in poll options.

Edit is in the bottom right hand corner of your post. These posts would go better in the art revamping thread though. :)

Nami
June 30, 2009, 08:14 AM
P.S.S. I think no one reads the full post to get to the 'Amateur Art Contest Voting gallery' hehehe but meh prolly not many are like me XD xD :D :D
sorry for the dual post but i didn't find 'edit' at this moment, probably laters but hey its still a good suggestion ;~))))

Ok, got your big hint and move the most important sentence to the top, and no, we can't link pics to the polls at the moment. :amuse

Mugiwara_no_Jack
July 12, 2009, 10:58 AM
What about the results?
Any date? Next week maybe?

abcdefghijkL0L
July 12, 2009, 08:26 PM
The voting hasn't ended yet, it ends tomorrow.