PDA

View Full Version : Complete Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles by CLAMP

ZaCloud
June 08, 2009, 03:11 PM
Anything you wanna talk about concerning Tsubasa Chronicle that doesn't really fit anywhere else? Take it in here!

Compare it to various other works, analyze symbolism, and squeal over how hot (character name here) is.

Let loose and say whatever you want, as long as it somehow leads back to Tsubasa (and sometimes consequently, xxxHolic).
[hr]
The Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles forum is now closed. All discussion can now take place in this thread. The forum can still be viewed here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/107-T.R.-Chronicle).

PirateFiend
June 08, 2009, 04:22 PM
Okay, okay. What to talk about???

(bounces.) Um um um. I'm mad they deleted my rant from that other thread. Grr. I wish I kept it. Oh well, it was just a rant: very sloppy.

I want to talk about how much Mokona and Kurogane crack me up. I decided I want to reread TRC once it's all done, but I flipped through the omnibus of the first few volumes the other day, and they're hilarious. It's kind of a shame that that cooler atmosphere of the second half of TRC had to be at the expense of the humor. But at the same, it's great because of how it was handled so... whatever.

Silversakura
June 08, 2009, 06:02 PM
@PL: AHAHA. *bounces*

What really cracks me up about Tsubasa is the little omakes they used to have (never anymore) of Kurogane and his ninja mangas in different worlds. ^^ SO endearing.

I really want TRC to end this summer (I know that sounds horrible) but I really want to be able to read it all the way through and be all 'OMG, thats why that was there.'

Ohh. Btws, if we want to squeal over how a character is...Cloney and Real Syao. :D

Speaking of which, does anyone really have a favorite of the two? Ultimate question. Who is hotter?

PirateFiend
June 08, 2009, 06:23 PM
What? You're going to fry my brain with that question. Which Syaoran is hotter...? pff!!

DontWakeMeUp
June 08, 2009, 07:30 PM
Mokona.

._.

Ididn'tknowwhatelsetosaybutIjustfeltlikeposting.

Silversakura
June 08, 2009, 07:31 PM
Were you being sarcastic? Seriously. XD

Real Syaoran is obviously hotter.

Cloney gave him a run for his money when his eyes softened in 222. :)

ShirubiaLamperouge
June 08, 2009, 10:45 PM
Um. Favourite Syaoran, hm.

(Anyone who doesn't know should return to the hole where they buried their heads previously :D)

And yea, Kurogane and his ninja manga were so funny!

And the scary stories. I LOVE how C!Syaorans story is about some ancient artifact that he accidentally broke. He's so adorably spazzy.

And while I might be a LITTLE biased, I think C!Sya is hotter. Partially because when he's under FWR's control he just always looked so epically cool.
R!Sya also has some kinda unflattering expressions. Which I'm sure C!Syaoran could do too, but he doesn't. So there. Heheh.

Silversakura
June 09, 2009, 05:32 AM
Maaan, SL. I love your new sig.

I still have to color that in. I'm debating which parts I should do. I plan on doing every sakura petal, even though it will take forever and a day.

Haha. I think, because you see so many shots of Real Syaoran as a kid, I just totally love how cute he is about everything.

I love how that animosity between him and Touya is still as strong as it used to be with their counterparts.

BAAH. Scary stories. Dear God, there a moments when I love the Clone way more than Real Syaoran. ^^

This next part is in response to the whole Clone are parents thing from the chapter 221 discussion. I didn't want anything to happen to it, so I thought I would post it her instead. Guys, be gentle, kay. This is one of my first working theories. XD

Really, I still truly think that they aren't the same. Dear God, I'm stubborn.

This is what I've been thinking for a while. That CCSakura, since she has the power to see the future in her dreams, when she is younger sees that her older self is going to face some hardships in her life, therefore she decides to meet up with her older self, and give her the staff.

Next part is screwy. I don't know why CCSakura gives her staff to the older version of herself in the dream, unless she is just reassuring her that the staff is materialistic, and that even though she will end up giving the staff as her sacrifice, her cards will still be with her, and she still has her magic power.

The general reason why the older version seems to have no idea what her invisible spell is, leads me to believe she may have had a partial memory wipe about the whole thing once she gave up her staff.

I don't know. I'm trying here!

birleywhirligig
June 09, 2009, 07:26 AM
Ooo... I needed this, cause I've had a random idea bouncing around my head for a while...

Anyways, I was reading one of Syaoran's flashback chapters, and here (http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/190/22/), I found it a bit odd that her parents called her Sakura-hime (and we know Sakura's not her real name); it seemed more like a title than a name. Anyways, when we found out that Clow was actually the future of Acid Tokyo, and since Sakura gave so much to the inhabitants in the Tokyo Arc, I thought, wouldn't the inhabitants of Acid Tokyo want to remember her by something?

Anyways, I hypothesised that 'Sakura-hime' has been passed down from the time of Acid Tokyo as like, a title that perhaps the early royalty used to honour the sacrifice she paid.

So all I was getting to at was: isn't it interesting that Sakura's name (well, the one she's known by) was derived, from well, herself?

Well, that was my two cents. It feels better to have said it. XD

Silversakura
June 09, 2009, 08:25 AM
Birley, good statement.

So basically, its the title being repeatedly passed down the line..and maybe it is something that gets changed for your 16th birthday?

I still need to iron out the details of my theory. :p

DontWakeMeUp
June 09, 2009, 10:20 AM
SS: R!Syaoran, ftw. (I didn't even see that question. Haha.)

The whole parent thing is still confusing me to no end. I really want them to be CCS. D: There's the whole deal with the wand and CCS!Sakura's magic, CCS!Syaoran's jian, the three Syaorans on that one splash page, and... yeah. =|

I want to see Watanuki again (I'm just speaking in general). We need a new chapter of holic or trc with him. :/ And I wonder when he'll find out his relationship with R!Syaoran...

Silversakura
June 09, 2009, 05:24 PM
Wata-chan? I think he knows something is up between him and Real Syaoran. By the way he would always make those ominous 'Don't dissapear' quotes.

Wata-chan and Real Syao will be such cute siblings. :)

I'm really excited to see how that unfolds.

Darn I jsut want someone to tell me that the clones aren't the parents. !!!

ZaCloud
June 09, 2009, 06:15 PM
This is a reply from the chapter 131 thread, plus to DontWakeMeUp (partially) about the 3-Syaoran clothes:

BUT something my friend pointed out to me today, why are there three Syaorans wearing the TRC clothes in that chapter image? One is clone, one is real, but the third one? There's only one other Syaoran we know exists (surely it's too late to chuck in more. Then again, it's CLAMP), and that's the CCS one. Who, if he isn't one of the parents, has basically no link with tsubasa, and certainly has never worn those clothes.

Pretty sure I answered this previously, though I might have just thought it and forgot to type... :sweat Pretty sure the third is the father who is currently with R!Syaoran helping battle FWR. The state of dress is often done just for style, as seen in many images where they dress in styles of worlds they were never necessarily shown in, or just for fun.

But, it could still be a symbolism of something. We have yet to find out but I guess we will eventually. So either it does mean something, or we're reading too much into just a random stylized pic. We'll seeeee!

eni
June 09, 2009, 07:15 PM
Oki, since we received complains, let me say the following:

Deleted Posts
We checked back on the deleted posts and those were deleted because they were offtopic, spammy, agony or simply not adding in any way to the discussion (most all of them all combined :sweat). And yes, questioning mod actions IS simply offtopic, it has nothing to do with silencing anyone. You really don't need to wonder when those vanish. We have one global rules thread and can't repeat it's content every week in every new thread, don't you agree? But we took note and will inform you a little more in the future on any such actions (unless they're completely obvious) :neutral

Merged Threads
Repeating myself: MH focuses on the scanlation part of the manga community, not on the fandom. Our discussion threads are supports for active scanlations and when those end, the discussions will be archived (= merged).
In this aspect we differ greatly from a normal fan discussion forum. So it shouldn't wonder nor worry anyone when we merge old chapter threads and similar topics into one. We do not archive whole sections when a manga has ended, we merge them together. Same with old discussions.

That said, feel free to use this Mega Convo thread to be a little more loose. Socialize with fellow fans and yes, you can be a bit spammy here but not too much ^^

If you still have any questions, please PM me or one of the other globals/admins or take it to the respective section (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23). But let's get back ontopic (TRC) now.

Thank you! :occa

//edit
'a little more spammy' doesn't equal "What I did this weekend" :notrust
Even this thread has TRC as main topic. Please use the General Hangout (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) for non-manga related talk and the Otaku Hangout (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=675) for general manga discussions.

ZaCloud
June 18, 2009, 01:25 PM
Heeeey guys!

Seeing as how the Tsubasa Chronicle timeline isn't quite a timeline... and some folks find that confusing... I decided to make a quick scribble in MS Paint to signify one of the (many) ways this current timeflow can work. It's not even necessarily how I think of it as working, it was just something I randomly came up with that COULD work.

It was gonna be a quick little thing with only a few worlds as examples... but then I ended up adding more and more, and then even coming up with a possible order for the worlds to exist. Totally not what I set out to do, but they arranged themselves so I added them. :sweat

Here it is:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/zacloud/worlds-timefortrc.png

Hooray for MS-Paint quality, lol

Anyone can feel free to debate the world-order, or offer other time-relation theories. Like I said, this is only one of MANY ways it could work, or this might not work at all. :p

All hail the time-spiral! (instead of time-line!) :worship

DontWakeMeUp
June 18, 2009, 01:46 PM
xD ZaCloud, I commend you for making that.
Hahaha, I would never have the patience to do anything like that. :|

ndulzky
June 18, 2009, 08:48 PM
ZaCloud,
I have yet to fully grasp the meaning of your chart, but I kinda sense that it will make sense if I put my mind into it (otherwise you wouldn't be able to actually come up with it!). Right now I only understand about half of it. I'll go back and study it!

Anyway, it is so great! If that diagram suddenly appears in one of the coming chapters as a way for CLAMP to explain everything to us, I'm going to suspect that you are actually one of CLAMP's members disguised as a reader & actively participating in discussions as a way to "gather data"... :D :D :D

hatsuharupeace
July 08, 2009, 10:20 PM
Just to let you guys know, I've moved the posts regarding CLAMP's visit to Paris to it's own seperate thread, which can be viewed here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50949). ^^

watanuki01/04
July 09, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hey guys!! I was reading some TRC (as i usually do when i get from a long day at the office!) and i realised something.

Everyone remembers when we were speculating if Xing Huo was maybe a failed clone of Yuuko? I was thinking that maybe Dr Kyle was perhaps a failed clone or Clow?

What do people think?

ShirubiaLamperouge
July 09, 2009, 03:57 PM
Yea, I was wondering that. Especially after the line from the kyle/xing huo chapter pic- "Like the fleeting stars, the flowing souls, lives that won't return". Kyle looks MAJORLY like Clow, too. Same hair, glasses...

Silversakura
July 09, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hmm hmm hmm. I'm liking that idea Watanuki.

xD So, I was scrolling along, doing Kingdom Hearts research. Apparently, some of our favorite seiyuu aka, Miyu Irino, our Syaoran, voices Sora in KH2. Who'da thunk?

ShirubiaLamperouge
July 10, 2009, 03:07 AM
Hey cool! Kingdom hearts is fun. Though I never really liked Sora; he's such a goggle boy. Roxas is cooler (it's not my fault that I seem to like clones/nobodies/whatever better than their originals!).

Clamporama
August 01, 2009, 06:09 AM
Thats a good theory Watanuki, I was thinking he was more of a reincarnation kinda thing but him being a clone makes more sense.

Tsubasaholic
August 03, 2009, 03:15 PM
Miyu Irino also voiced Haku in Spirited Away. Haku was the first anime guy I ever had a sort of crush on. . .

At risk of saying something mildly off topic, I love EVERYTHING Hayao Miyazaki has ever made and think that Spirited Away is one of the very best movies ever made bar NONE.

ZaCloud
August 11, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hey guys!

I just made a resemblance connection here with a jokingly attached theory.

That infamous "tube" or container or whatever... It looks like those tubes at a drive-through bank! Where you put in money or write a withdrawal check and put it in, and it gets sucked up into the building and they return it when they're done with the transaction, you know?

Maybe that's why it's used for... making payments! :amuse

Mwahahahaaa! Now y'all can't go to the bank drive-through without thinking of a tiny Syaoran n Sakura in those things! :p

DontWakeMeUp
August 11, 2009, 08:47 PM
ZaCloud:
Ahaha. That actually made me 'lol'. xD Great observation.

I actually get a really strange feeling/sensation whenever I come across anything that resembles some sort of tube. =| It's almost like I have an urge to look inside it to make sure that no one is in it. _-_

Clamporama
August 18, 2009, 01:39 AM
Zacloud you are awesome at observing and I have admit that that is actually a really good idea on why CLAMP chose that particular tube as the tube for Sakura and Syaoran because it was a payment in a way.

Though I honestly have no idea what a drive-through bank is... :\ They aren't in Australia (Well at least in Victoria) we have regular banks with no drive-through... Is it an Atm with a drive-through??? Confused... I might just google it...

ZaCloud
August 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
I figured there might be countries that don't have them, so here's a little detail.

Some banks have several lanes that go over a roofed area of the lot. There are pillars which have plastic pipes that lead to the main building.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8Yv6oUp3wZs/SNlRoyKbkwI/AAAAAAAAATQ/DaZwQ_ldXa4/s400/bank+drive+through.jpg

There's also one right next to the window but since it goes directly in, it's horizontal. Other ones that are sucked through the pipes are stored vertically.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dandc/3627881351

Here's several versions of the containers (I don't know the technical name for them).

http://i.treehugger.com/orange.jpg

http://www.pneumaticcarriers.com/Images/Products/PharmacyCarrier/Pharmacy1.jpg

Click here for large picture showing another type (http://www3.ha.org.hk/qeh/department/qehotsweb/PneumaticTube.jpg)

http://markontheworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/p-tube.jpg

You can see that the general shape is pretty similar. :nod

How it works is, they have a pen inside. You pull up in your car. You either put in money or a check you want to add to your account, a check you want to cash, or you put in a withdrawal slip. You push a button and the tube is sucked through the pipe and into the bank building, where the tellers perform their duties, and then they send the tube back through with your receipt or your cash. You get out what you need, leave the tube in the cradle, and drive off.

Hope that helps! ^_^

Tsubasaholic
September 25, 2009, 08:26 PM
Americans are truly ingenious at finding ways to avoid leaving their cars

ZaCloud
September 25, 2009, 09:56 PM
Americans are truly ingenious at finding ways to avoid leaving their cars

LOL, oh yeah... They spend 15 minutes driving around and/or waiting for the closest parking spot to the gym, so they don't have to walk more than twenty feet before they go in and work out. :facepalm

Then they wonder why the obesity levels are so high... :darn

(Yes, I'm an American, but I'm not one of "them" ;) )

PirateFiend
September 26, 2009, 08:20 PM
:-P Also to add to that, Clamporama--there are usually one or two drive-thru lanes with that pipey system, and then either one or two lanes with an ATM for quick withdrawals.

ZaCloud, that's a hilarious observation. I'll have the giggles when I do a drive-thru deposit now. Even though I only do those when I'm in a rush.

ZaCloud
October 12, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hehe, well, here's a way to bring TRC back into the convo.... Of course no American who reads TRC could be "one of them" cuz to have gotten through this story, it requires one to think deeply. :wink

We have our bumps in the road, but we (everyone on this board) are a good crew.

It doesn't feel like it's over yet at all. While I know I can't look forward to more chapters... it's like, since we had to wait so long inbetween them before, it just feels like another usual long wait. :sweatdrop Plus it's nice to still look forward to xxxHolic. And as I said before, this could be a great set-up for them to cameo in future series. It can be a securing of many more years, even decades, to come of CLAMP continuing to weave wonderful stories, and expanding the CLAMP universe. ^_^

Silversakura
October 12, 2009, 06:42 PM
It really isn't over. I mean, odd thing, a friend asked me yesterday what my new fandom would be now that TRC is over. My response?

"New fandom? I still have Tsubasa."

It isn't that now that it is over, that I would just drop it. The stage is set for something new. And I know they will show up in Holic. :)

Besides, I can't drop TRC just yet, the new wallpaper for my desktop from the colored splash chapter is just too beautiful. ^^

Tsubasaholic
October 13, 2009, 12:38 AM
I find that even though my interests and main focus move on, I still remain loyal to the things that were important to me. They matter, but they're closed interests rather than open ones. I sort of feel that way about TRC now. The series is over and I've got other stuff to think about but I still love it and always will, just not as actively as I once did.

And you know what we CAN do now??!! RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS!!! We've got the whole story! We can do things like comment on overall character and relationship development, major themes, compare it to other stories, and do totally awesome stuff like that! The fun is just BEGINNING guys!

:D

Silversakura
October 13, 2009, 05:20 AM
That is exactly what we can do TH.

Does anyone want to join me in reading TRC again from the beginning? :)

ShirubiaLamperouge
October 15, 2009, 04:03 AM
Haven't posted at all on the last chapter... I've been avoiding it for some reason (and, as you can see from the fact that I'm posting here instead of on the chapter discussion, I still am avoiding it).

I am totally rereading it. Already started actually. And I so agree with TH. I've always had the feeling that if I could just be allowed to analyse a story I actually LIKE it could be endlessly entertaining *mutters about English curriculum*.
So yeah, let the fun begin :D :D

Just randomly, I remember one time me and my friend watched Tokyo revelations straight afterward we started reading all the really cute/ sad bits from the start of TRC and listening to hear our prayer far too loudly. I swear it's like the most I've cried at one time EVER. And, linking in to what you were saying about it not being over just coz the series is over, that's something that will just always happen, because I still care about them, and I will always.

I had this massive pang the other day when I went on chibiyuuto and saw that the release schedule for tsubasa had disappeared. I mean, it was obviously pointless to keep it there, but still.

Silversakura
October 15, 2009, 05:44 AM
Gah. That made me have to check ChibiYuuto. >< I didn't notice. :(

It is pointless for it to be there, but wow. I feel a tid bit in denial really. I mean, when Monday rolled around I was all 'Yay, TRC day.'

Oh wait. Not anymore. It went by like that didn't it? :/

Lady Sakura-chan
October 15, 2009, 01:46 PM
It sure did. We don`t need any new fandom, I gets caught by diffrent things each second month and becomes extremly obsessed with it, then I move on. For some reason TRC has been an huge interest for over 2 years. Good thing.

DontWakeMeUp
October 23, 2009, 06:29 PM
...I keep forgetting that this series is over. =|
I'm still in the habit of checking for updates daily. _-_

Tsubasaholic
October 24, 2009, 05:39 AM
Does anyone else think that it would be totally mint if Fai, Kurogane, Tsubasa-M, and Mokona all visited the Horitsuba world? :D

Fai's reaction to H!Fai and H!Yuui would be interesting. . .

<.Haruka.>
October 25, 2009, 11:02 AM
Does anyone else think that it would be totally mint if Fai, Kurogane, Tsubasa-M, and Mokona all visited the Horitsuba world? :D

Fai's reaction to H!Fai and H!Yuui would be interesting. . .

Horitsuba gakuen, i love that (it seems like an omake of haracters in xxxHolic and TRC in a modern school day setting) :) wish they could continue the series along with the story too :amuse

ZaCloud
October 25, 2009, 05:46 PM
Tsubasaholic: Well, for me it wasn't an issue of where I'm from/culture... Just emphasizing that I wasn't part of the described percentage who actually are lazy (which I've seen plenty of and even have family members who qualify). But eh, living in my country I'm at least open minded enough to not be ashamed to poke fun at myself or my culture (I respect self-depreciating humor), while at the same time am proud of what America was supposed to be so I'm patriotic in that regard. I just don't lie to myself that it's perfect either. (it's often lost sight of what it was meant to be)

And I kind of take the stereotypes all in good fun. Since I know it's just that, a stereotype, I don't take it seriously. Just as all other stereotypes; I laugh at them because that's all they are to me.

I see that as a way to mature; to not take certain things too seriously, rather than holding onto bad blood and getting all up-in-arms about petty exaggerations, but to laugh it off and move on. I'd go into detail of more examples, but that could become a great big controversy to the more sensitive.

I love cultural differences. Which is why Tsubasa would be so much fun to continue in fanfictions, or in canon, because these can be examined so much, both in jest and in serious analysis. So many ideas can be had. :nod

ibra87
October 26, 2009, 04:52 PM
And the typical "Please don't go off-topic" warning again :). Please only discuss things related to the TRC universe.

Tsubasaholic
October 27, 2009, 02:36 AM
Rosseau. . .

Annnywaay. . . speaking of multiculturalism and TRC has anyone else really registered that CCS!Syaoran and CCS!Sakura (who is a minor character in TRC and therefore Relevant) are a cross-cultural couple? He's Chinese (from Hong Kong, but still) and she's Japanese. Considering how much bad blood there is between those cultures that's really quite epic. There's a reasonably good chance members of family would remember the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong during WWII and the accompanying atrocities. It would be impossible not to love Sakura once you got to know her but even so, at some point there'd be a conscious decision that her nationality didn't matter.

Andrews
November 03, 2009, 04:53 AM
I have a Portuguese Scan of the Omake "petit gateau I" in Volume 15. Who can i share that? A new topic? Maybe there is not the best place, but someone can help me with that?

Tsukisama
November 03, 2009, 12:56 PM
I have a Portuguese Scan of the Omake "petit gateau I" in Volume 15. Who can i share that? A new topic? Maybe there is not the best place, but someone can help me with that?

You can either post it here or in this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23748).

Thank you, Tsukisama.

The link of Omake: http://www.4shared.com/file/145746947/2ddb3782/JIYUUTsubasaRChronicle_PetitGateauI.html

I was thinking about doing this in English. If the community say OK, i go to my translator and ask him to give me a script in english.

You can feel free to post the English script too. (If you have anything else, you could also post that without asking permission. :amuse)

Andrews
November 03, 2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you, Tsukisama.

The link of Omake: http://www.4shared.com/file/145746947/2ddb3782/JIYUUTsubasaRChronicle_PetitGateauI.html

I was thinking about doing this in English. If the community say OK, i go to my translator and ask him to give me a script in english.

ZaCloud
November 03, 2009, 10:31 PM
Ooooh, yes, I'd love it in English! :D Please do! And thank you for sharing it, it looks funny. ^_^ I always love seeing more of our favorite characters. :nod

skymaster713
December 28, 2009, 04:43 PM
A quick comment;
I am paying my therapist hundreds of dollars A DAY because of you people. Some of us are only reading TRC as it comes out in book format in the US! My brain practically exploded when I heard about the whole 'clones are the parents' thing. I mean, doesn't that seem a little wrong? It's basically like syaoran fathered himself...ew.

Other than that, you guys are making me cry with the whole 'Tsubasa is over' discussion. As far as I'm concerned, Tsubasa will never be over, not as long as I live.

Andrews
January 11, 2010, 05:07 PM
O_o wow. Take it easy, skymaster.
[hr]
Here, the TRC petit gateau I:

http://www.4shared.com/file/194495993/cedb8a42/JIYUUTsubasaRChronicle_PetitGa.html

Enjoy. :D