PDA

View Full Version : Archived Hangout Thread v. 16

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 05:59 PM
No wonder your little group got erased... you guys caused havoc around the forum, you criminals lol... you guys need to get medicated lol.

But that looks wicked, i wish i was involved init.. how long ago was this??

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:00 PM
I created the club, the group is still around bean still has "SRC" in his sig http://mangahelpers.com/forums/member.php?u=7026
only out of laziness...I think it might be time to go back to my team kakashi combo.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 06:00 PM
SRC was just a good proof of how backwards we are n_n... yeah TDA we are backwards hehehhe \o/

I watched all those e-marriages :XD... it was sure fun Agony thread... :XD

I posted like 600 times in the last one and posted more than 350 times in the other ones... ^^

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:02 PM
lol I used to post a lot those times, bean you have some pretty hardcore yuri in your sigs, remember Natoma and the debates. :amuse

do you still have MHBT sig?

Shame the Agony thread got deleted entirely.

Asusp3v4x
But why spam on the agony thread when you could spam on the hangout thread? It's the same thing, ain't it?

Noooo.... we couldn't agonize in the Hangout thread :XD... and I couldn't say whatever I want there :XD

bean
But why spam on the agony thread when you could spam on the hangout thread? It's the same thing, ain't it?
the agony thread was more naruto centric. Before, this hangout thread really didn't have any of the naruto people. It's more fun to spam with people you know.

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 06:04 PM
Lol tell me all of the couples during the e-marrige

Pat and nat (pat was involved and he is a mod now ok them haahaha)
HTPR fangirl and T.D.A
who else fill me in

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 06:04 PM
Spamming on this thread is what gets most of us done.... whats with the e-marriage thingy?? who were the couples on that.. T.D.A & Weapon X

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm afraid guys you joined a bit too late.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 06:09 PM
the agony thread was more naruto centric. Before, this hangout thread really didn't have any of the naruto people. It's more fun to spam with people you know.

Oh right because more people posted on the Naruto forums rather the the HO thread. But it got out of hand later on and got deleted. I see. So MH isn't epic as it used to be then, is it?

*tear rolls down * We Joined too late. Noo..:(
[hr]

Spamming on this thread is what gets most of us done.... whats with the e-marriage thingy?? who were the couples on that.. T.D.A & Weapon X

I ain't had a infraction so far even though I've bashed.

Do you know how many times I've bashed Hitsugaya on the Bleach threads? :p Doombot was a epic poster. LOL

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:09 PM
Well actually apparently MH staff/techs are gonna introduce something new, always happens at the end of the year, some kind of project, they keep their lips tight, they might introduce something cool hopefully.

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
lol I used to post a lot those times, bean you have some pretty hardcore yuri in your sigs, remember Natoma and the debates. :amuse

do you still have MHBT sig?

Shame the Agony thread got deleted entirely.
never had an MHBT sig...

here's some of my favorite SRCs though:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/3725235116_1b7792f0f9_o.png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2515/3725233922_8c3e5bc709_o.png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/3725233652_125b2cc94a_o.png
^probably the best one
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2630/3724423227_8c8fd370d3_o.png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2520/3725233052_2ae5b2f7d0_o.png
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3535/3725232624_12ceaa3441_o.png
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3526/3724422411_b3c5db277c_o.png

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
We joined at the wrong time for sure, all the fun is now gone.. thats so unfair.. when is our time of glory going to come..

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:12 PM
We joined at the wrong time for sure, all the fun is now gone.. thats so unfair.. when is our time of glory going to come..
you can't wait for it to happen. You have to make it happen...at least that's what we did.

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 06:13 PM
Those pictures are arkwards loool no wonder why

T.D.A what did they do at the end of 2008?

bean
[/spoiler]

no wonder why you got erased...
our discussion got erased, those sigs stayed for a long time, and they would have stayed had hinata not whipped out her rice bowls.

Grizz
you can't wait for it to happen. You have to make it...at least that's what we did.

Yeh but am sure you can only create a thread when your a mod??

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:15 PM
Those pictures are arkwards loool no wonder why

T.D.A what did they do at the end of 2008?
we were fighting a dark force. We had to bring our A game.
[hr]

Yeh but am sure you can only create a thread when your a mod??
no need to create a thread. Hijack one. Hang out threads are there for a reason. You can even create a thread here in the general discussion and get people to come.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah you guys are the next/new generation, strive to surpass the old, even though you probably can't but at least try. Don't have regrets, be brave, be bold in your actions, and fight for what is just, maybe if you follow these, just maybe you can reach our level, seek to avenge us if our MH lives came to a horrid end, make history and heal the world. may the spam be with you.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 06:17 PM
you can't wait for it to happen. You have to make it happen...at least that's what we did.

It's hard to do things nowadays on this forum. The mods are very strict these days, i've seen with it with my own eyes. I think at your time, the mods were probably more soft.

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:18 PM
Lol Bean doesn't care if he gets infracted or banned he is just init for some fun
I'm not doing anything wrong...just saying if you want this place to be epic again, quit all teh BS spamming and make it happen.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:18 PM
It's hard to do things nowadays on this forum. The mods are very strict these days, i've seen with it with my own eyes. I think at your time, the mods were probably more soft.

Nah nowadays you have mods like Blai posting pics. jk jk :p

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 06:22 PM
Blai used to be one of the gang.. but nowadays those other mods are slowly but surely turning him against us, i reckon we shud all go on a strike to win him back....

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:22 PM
The mods were stricter back then in the Naruto section, especially pat who deleted a lot. :tem

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 06:23 PM
Blai is just lurking... don't worry... he got his watchful eyes all over us

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:25 PM
I ain't a noob you fucker.

That because it has more members, it's impossible for the mods to check every single post in the bleach threads or the naruto threads. But when i saw a poster from the bleach threads getting banned PERMANENTLY for bashing Hitsugaya, I was doing the same thing and I didn't even get a refraction. So I needed to becareful, that's permanent ban you know.
ah...young angry 4 month old noob...I'll let your transgression slide this time. But know this, there aren't that many more members now than there were before...quite the opposite. Between the fifteen minute drive home from work, pages, PAGES of new posts would collect. Now, it would be an exaggeration to say that even a page worth of posts would be posted. THe mods had more work on their hands before. Now they must have a lot of free time on their hands.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:26 PM
I ain't a noob you fucker.

That because it has more members, it's impossible for the mods to check every single post in the bleach threads or the naruto threads. But when i saw a poster from the bleach threads getting banned PERMANENTLY for bashing Hitsugaya, I was doing the same thing and I didn't even get a refraction. So I needed to becareful, that's permanent ban you know.

There are more members now, but some members who don't post anymore or who are banned use to post the equivalent of 4 members. :s

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 06:32 PM
ah...young angry 4 month old noob...I'll let your transgression slide this time. But know this, there aren't that many more members now than there were before...quite the opposite. Between the fifteen minute drive home from work, pages, PAGES of new posts would collect. Now, it would be an exaggeration to say that even a page worth of posts would be posted. THe mods had more work on their hands before. Now they must have a lot of free time on their hands.

That's impossible. If what you are saying is true then why are their more replies from chapter 400 and onwards? 400 and onwards the replies are in their 1000's per chapter discussion and around 410 and onwards it reaches 2000 as well as 2500 AND then it has to be created into another thread because it's reached 2500.

Below chapter 400, the post per discussion are like 800, 700 etc and it keeps decreasing. So it's got more members these days then the old days.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 06:35 PM
You counted it wrong Weapon... actually now the things are slow... even 2008 the were so many posts I couldn't even think about reading all of them ... it was impossible...

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:38 PM
That's impossible. If what you are saying is true then why are their more replies from chapter 400 and onwards? 400 and onwards the replies are in their 1000's per chapter discussion and around 410 and onwards it reaches 2000 as well as 2500 AND then it has to be created into another thread because it's reached 2500.

Below chapter 400, the post per discussion are like 800, 700 etc and it keeps decreasing. So it's got more members these days then the old days.

That's not a measure simply because the amount of deletion varies. Anyways best stop talking.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 06:39 PM
Don't worry man... if we were being naughty they would have jumped form their rocks a long time ago... we are just having a friendly conversation... we are not doing evil right now...

bean
July 15, 2009, 06:39 PM
not to mention they used to separate discussion and prediction threads. Neither here not there, but the obvious fact is that posting has gone way down than what it once was.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:41 PM
One things for sure you don't get as many interesting discussions as before.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 06:45 PM
How can the post count have gone down? Naruto threads nowadays have around 2000 - 2500 posts. Back in your days it was around 800-1000, even less then 800.

Look at this page 1 of Naruto chapter discussions
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25 Posts are in their 2000's.

Look at this page 2 of naruto chapter discussions
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25&order=desc&page=2 Posts are in their 2000's

And this is Page 3.
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25&order=desc&page=3

From here on to page 7, the posts are 1000 and less.

More posts obviously means more members. :\

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 06:49 PM
More members doesn't always mean more posts, like I said posts get deleted, even if there are more posts now, the posts aren't as good.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 06:51 PM
Well if the posts get deleted then those posts aren't as good as the current ones now are they?

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
More members doesn't always mean more posts, like I said posts get deleted, even if there are more posts now, the posts aren't as good.

Many posts gets deleted nowadays because most people just chat rubbish, nothing which relates to that particular thread..

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
the posts from before were more interesting... nowadays posts a little bit more... noob talk...

but I can't say much... I haven't been there for a long time...sooo...

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
the posts from before were more interesting... nowadays posts a little bit more... noob talk...

but I can't say much... I haven't been there for a long time...sooo...

You mean posts these days are more serious then Tda's generation. :p
[hr]

bean said:

well the discussions were definitely more enjoyable when Manyhack, Jehuty, ChosenOne and Alexis were around in late 2007. Even 2008 wasn't a bad year.

And I agree with Asus :p

Oh right, spam.

Though why was there an agony thread when people spam lots of shit on the Naruto hangout thread, anyway? :bink Why not use the Naruto hangout thread?

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 07:01 PM
Because in the agony thread you could about everything not against the rules, Naruto HO has to be about Naruto.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 07:06 PM
Bean said the Naruto Agony thread was Naruto centric. -_-;

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 07:08 PM
You mean posts these days are more serious then Tda's generation. :p

Well no... well I don't really know... but from the July or august of 2008 until now... I have been feeling like the discussions are mainly noob talk and the really interesting talks are gone...

@TDA

:whoo

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 07:15 PM
Bean said the Naruto Agony thread was Naruto centric. -_-;

naruto centric in the sense, Naruto members posting, not naruto topics.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 07:16 PM
naruto centric in the sense, Naruto members posting, not naruto topics.

Oooooh I see. Thanks. I thought it had to be about Naruto.

So poople could post ANYTHING? And the Mods allowed such a thread in the first place? :\

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah it's to help deal with waiting for the Naruto release.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 07:23 PM
Agony thread was like a gift to all of us... a not wanted gift to all of us :XD... it was major fun every day... I miss that thread

nat
July 15, 2009, 07:23 PM
yeah, t'was a cool thread and everybody was relaxing. more importantly we got to know each other, and tda was always mean to everyone and Asus was so random (more random that now). :XD

though talking about the past won't bring it back, no need to reminisce about the glory days. ^^
might as well try to live with what discussions we have now.

Weapon_X
July 15, 2009, 07:26 PM
I guess it's true what they say.

Old is Gold.

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 07:27 PM
I think everyone now and then someone just needs to come up with a fun topic which will get everyone going, but which will also keep them mods of our tails while discussing about it... all we do nowadays i just remembering the past, well most of us weren't even there, so we need to create a new kinda fun which we can all now join in.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 07:34 PM
Well I ... was just so happy to be able to meet so many people :XD... you know...

But I am still random... okay maybe not T_T...>.<... I need to go back to Strawberry street where everyday is a Milkshake

or something like that... whatever that place is...^^...¬¬

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
Am quite happy to have met everyone on this forum especially this thread, ive had my ups and downs but it has been a quite a journey so far... but some fun needs to be put in place in this thread... in order to keep things balance..

Welcome bk RenBy!!

Well am off now anyways, i've had it for today, going to have some milkshake and choco toast....

nat
July 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
they were ...:) I'm trying to change subject XD

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 07:39 PM
But Nat I have been thinking like maybe... maybe we can get married...what you think

Or is your heart still with Slex Gohel

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah we could have our first official marriage here on the thread..

I, RenBoy take, nat to be thy lawful wedded wife,
I Nat, take renBoy to be thy lawful wedded husband.. you may nw kiss the bride... Boomm!!!! T.D.A crashes the party...

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 07:44 PM
Grizz your christian right, and you are doing it wrong lol. your supposed to go by the rules and regulations so ask the questions

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
Nat... are you no longer an Artist ???

Renboy is back...

*WAIT UP O_O... my Football team is about to play !!!!! :whoo we are going to Japan :XD*

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 07:46 PM
ahhhh crap, dyou see what happens when your tired... lol.. totally forgot about that bit RenBy, sorry i ruined ur false wedding..lol..

do you RenBoy take nat to be your lawful wedded, wife, promised to love her, cherish her, through sickness, poor, illness and infraction??

and do you nat take RenBoy to be your lawful wedded husband, promised to love him, cherish he, through sickness, poor, illness, moments of craziness and infraction??

Whatever happened to LadyHatake anyways?? i loved her...

nat
July 15, 2009, 07:48 PM
hum....I'm meditating on the meaning of artist.
:D

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 07:49 PM
She retired as a mod and is now, freely going to parties and shopping freely without worrying if they is anything bad happening at MH

Yep Asusp, Nat just couldn't take it anymore
like with the marridge and art just was too much

so she picked the marridge
[hr]

hum....I'm meditating on the meaning of artist.
:D

Nat is feeling like Mrs Havisham

Nat is in a Oxymoron state
as she does not know what to do

nat
July 15, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm not getting married.
I'm just being a hermit.
but not in the woods, because woods don't have internetz and forums.

Ren, scuse me but what are you talking about? :confused

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
Well firstly we are getting married, e married styleeeeeee

and secondly I stated that you was in a oxymoren state because you want to be a artist but at the same time your not bothered

OMFGWTFBBQQQQQ!!! I got banned on NF again dang it

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 07:53 PM
@Grizz

hmmm I see somebody interested :XD...
joke... I am just being a stupid prick =_=

@Nat...

what is the answer Nat ???

@Renboy

She Divorced already :XD

so man... what you doing... ??? beyond getting... really sleepy

nat
July 15, 2009, 07:54 PM
o.O
I quit the e-marriages after my beloved asked me to remove the Sasuke avy. (how could he?! the endless betrayals I forgave him, but Sasuke is off limits :eyeroll)

you get banned because you make trouble, if you were nice you won't get banned :p

Asus, there is no answer sadly. I must find the truth, since I made so many mistakes in the past two days.
Gotta set things straight and be good again.

Grizz
July 15, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hey nat, forget about sasuke, when you have RenBoy!!

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 07:58 PM
But nat, I am not like that previous guy who coincidently has a name that rhymes with you, I am different I swear

I applied to be a mod but I am getting cancelled because I have 2 infractions, but that does not matter any more.

nat believe me darling loool

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 07:59 PM
What kind of mistakes we talking about ??? oO Nat

*Offtopic

err... so the game begins... I am so much ready to see my team go to Japan :XD*

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:00 PM
I talk too much, let's leave at that :)

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 08:03 PM
Ren Boy stop acting like a noob, you can't decide what your e-marriage is going to be just like that when you aren't a big shot yet and it seems very forced.

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:06 PM
T.D.A man what you trying to say man. I don't want to have to send for you too.

Im a big shot, my myspace has 500 plays

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 08:06 PM
*now I must know... I must know... damn... Nat made actually care now... time to go to the planning room and start the mission*

*goes to the bathroom*

:oh...:darn...:o...:tem...:D...:XD...:)

patedecarne
July 15, 2009, 08:07 PM
o.O
I quit the e-marriages after my beloved asked me to remove the Sasuke avy. (how could he?! the endless betrayals I forgave him, but Sasuke is off limits :eyeroll)

What??? Is this true????
No, I'm not believing, I can't believe he could do such dirty thing..

yes, he can't be forgiven...

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:09 PM
Lol.

Yes that guy who broke Nats heart should pay

he has a short name and it rhymes with Nat, I wonder who is is :eyeroll

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
pat why do you fangirl over sasuke so much?
[hr]

T.D.A man what you trying to say man. I don't want to have to send for you too.

Im a big shot, my myspace has 500 plays

when we had e-marriages in the past it happened in a natural, flowing way, not like how you are trying to force it.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
We even have to remember that he is taking pics with other girls :o... and he hits on every single girl in this planet :XD

Pat what brings you here to the our domains ????

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:12 PM
Because I am different like that anyways

I joke man eshhh stop going all technical on me man.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 08:13 PM
pat is now looking for his new adventure and looking for a new girl to disappoint.

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:16 PM
pat is random, who knows what he thinks...ne, dearest :luv?

yeah that bad guy, I mean my sparkling avy of all things?!

ps : Kakashi is alive

patedecarne
July 15, 2009, 08:17 PM
pat why do you fangirl over sasuke so much?
<hr noshade size="1">

when we had e-marriages in the past it happened in a natural, flowing way, not like how you are trying to force it.

Eeeehhhhh... it's just because... I don't know, I can't explain, but I think Sasuke is special >.<

after all, my sweetheart likes him so much, so it can't be helped

We even have to remember that he is taking pics with other girls :o... and he hits on every single girl in this planet :XD

Pat what brings you here to the our domains ????

LLLOOLLL, it's because I've missed you guys so much :wtf

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:20 PM
Pat do you have a mean scary voice like Eduardo. If you haven't heard it yet you should, it will scare you :blink

Asusp3v4x
.... err... nice try PAt... c'mon you can't trick me... I also watch the Portuguese thread...

*... so fun... the PT thread...¬¬*

so... what you doing Pat ???

patedecarne
pat is now looking for his new adventure and looking for a new girl to disappoint.

No, this isn't true...

Well, FM, where are you????? T_T

pat is random, who knows what he thinks...ne, dearest :luv?

yeah that bad guy, I mean my sparkling avy of all things?!

ps : Kakashi is alive

you do, dearest

I open my heart, only for you, sweetheart, we're just like soulmates, no, we are soulmates, and you can feel that too...

And Kakashi was dead, but I live exclusively for you S2

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 08:24 PM
Kakashi was gonna stay dead, but Kishi read the forums and saw you and wanted to give you bad karma.

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:27 PM
Liar Liar pants forums on fire.

btw, how many posts did you delete today :D?
I only deleted 3 on my forums...I wanted to delete more and leave awesome messages like you :wtf

" post well or die :yelling"
I learned from you

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 15, 2009, 08:28 PM
You're the mod of the art section, but the Naruto library/telegrams is where its all at. :darn

going to sleep.

xxxx :3

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:29 PM
but still, the art sections gets spammers, spoiler people and random ads.

It's much quieter than telegrams but it has some action. besides Library has 5 mods. I'm alone :)

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:30 PM
Sadly I can't go on NF any more because for the second time I have been banned

Unban me nat ;)

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:33 PM
no can do....you messed up :p

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 08:34 PM
Renboy what did you do to get yourself excluded for life ????

*Nat is evil :o... :XD*

Good night TDA :XD... :oh should really do this ^^?

patedecarne
July 15, 2009, 08:37 PM
Liar Liar pants forums on fire.

btw, how many posts did you delete today :D?
I only deleted 3 on my forums...I wanted to delete more and leave awesome messages like you :wtf

" post well or die :yelling"
I learned from you

hauhahuahuahahuhauha, dearest, only 3? that's bad >.<

But my messages have as a final goal cheer up our Naruto lovers :XD

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:40 PM
yes, your messages are entertaining to some.
life scarring to others.

nat
July 15, 2009, 08:46 PM
They're cool actually.

They're only mean and enjoy pestering when there's a troublemaker.

patedecarne
July 15, 2009, 08:47 PM
BBUUHHHHHH

I'm a bad bad bad person

just kidding, I'm soft as a beautiful rose :eyeroll

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have just one cousin... and she really gets to nerves T_T...

* well I have another cousin... but... they are all old ... like 40's...*

Renboy... what did you do huh ????

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:49 PM
Ed you don't even want to know what I done lol I will tell you on msn if you are online

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh okay... then i will go onlien then ;)...:XD

So what the rest of you people doing ???

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:55 PM
Nothing just letting the night drag on

My night really does do the opposite to my faviourite song and that is black eyed peas (tonight is going to be a good night)

patedecarne
July 15, 2009, 08:57 PM
I'm buying a new ps3 game through estarland right now: valkyria chronicles. Seems to be a pretty damn good game, judging from the battle system and storyline!

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 08:59 PM
Lol those tatical games. I only like them when I have enough money to buy good things to help me fight

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 09:06 PM
Never heard of that game

@renboy...

so anything for tomorrow then ???

@Pat

what is the game about huh ???

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 09:11 PM
Im going SWIMMING. It is get fit season for me

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 09:14 PM
Nice... I need to go in that season too ;) :XD

*yeahhh GOALLLLLL Cruzeiro !!!!! :dance*

Essence
July 15, 2009, 09:17 PM
I'm wating for God of war 3 before i decide to get the PS3

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 09:19 PM
If anything I would get a Ps3, but I can't get myself to go out and spend the money for it......:notrust

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 09:21 PM
DAMN... Estudiantes did a Goal >.<... must focus... Cruzeiro must win

I have MGS4 for PS3 :whoo... but no PS3 :XD

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 09:23 PM
Only Ed would do and say that

What a silly man

Looll how does that work then? and is it just collectors item

Essence
July 15, 2009, 09:25 PM
If anything I would get a Ps3, but I can't get myself to go out and spend the money for it......:notrust

I know theres not enough great games for it in my opinion, until God of war 3 come out, i'm not gonna buy it.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 09:32 PM
I know how hard it is to find a copy here in Brazil :XD... I am not silly... I am just preparing myself for the fun ^_^

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 09:35 PM
I know theres not enough great games for it in my opinion, until God of war 3 come out, i'm not gonna buy it.
Well after this years E3 I think their content is surpasing that of the 360, yet every time I look at that price......I just stop in my tracks and sigh, lol. I've just been holding on tight with my Wii for a while now, lol.

Essence
July 15, 2009, 09:40 PM
Well after this years E3 I think their content is surpasing that of the 360, yet every time I look at that price......I just stop in my tracks and sigh, lol. I've just been holding on tight with my Wii for a while now, lol.

Yeah the two games that made me almost want to get the Ps3 besides God of War was DBZ burst limit and Naruto ninja storm but still i've grown tired of games a bit, in fact i haven't touch my 360 in months. As for the Wii, i've used it but i don't like it, its too sensitive for taste.

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah the two games that made me almost want to get the Ps3 besides God of War was DBZ burst limit and Naruto ninja storm but still i've grown tired of games a bit, in fact i haven't touch my 360 in months. As for the Wii, i've used it but i don't like it, its too sensitive for taste.
I dunno, always been a nintendo fanboy since I was little :p, so I could never walk away from them. I'm happy with the Wii, I just want a little more right about now, they've been a bit slow lately, but the future seems to be more promising. I also wish it had 1080p....or at least 720p...but whatya gonna do, lol. So right now though my close friends have Ps3's so if anything thats what I'm leaning towards if I am to get another system, but like I said, I just can't get myself to go out and get it.

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 09:50 PM
Arrogance how did you conclude you was the undisputed champion of the unofficial highest post per day competition of the ban thread. I though Asusp owned you on that.

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 09:52 PM
Nope at the time I was at 11.32ish (now im like close to 13), so when we had the competition I won :p. Asusp was/is like 8.68ish

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 09:53 PM
Oh lol, are you that determined to keep that becasue I can easily take that away from you

Essence
July 15, 2009, 09:54 PM
I was the highest post per day champion once, in fact i think it was last month

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 09:55 PM
Well it was on the ban thread....and this is not the ban thread the last time I checked :p.

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 09:55 PM
Time will pass and Arrogance will also be 8,50 ish :XD

My team lost T_T... must get drunk now ... before I get depression

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 09:56 PM
pfftt.... your at 2.31 posts per day Essence. :XD

-Ren Boy-
July 15, 2009, 09:57 PM
Lol asusp your only getting drunk for one reason

Arrogance dont be so arrogant, I can take that title off you(but not now because my bro also uses the computer)

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:01 PM
I know you can Ren, but we would have to be on the Ban thread for you to take it from me :p. Plus its only fair to have a set date for the competition instead of holding it now catching everyone off guard :p

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 10:01 PM
Well I ... am really sad now... the title was ours but we fucked up ... and now we must eat the grass with our mouths...

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:02 PM
Do you really HAVE to eat grass.....like did you lose a bet or is that like ancient Brazilian tradition for when your team loses a game :XD

Asusp3v4x
July 15, 2009, 10:04 PM
No no not really... I was just thinking of something dumb and painful so I would forget about this FAIL moment

Essence
July 15, 2009, 10:07 PM
pfftt.... your at 2.31 posts per day Essence. :XD

here you are getting Arrogant, last month i had only 35 comments and i storm this place and rise to 800 something, the only reason my post per day went drastically down was cause i chose to slow down.:p

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:22 PM
here you are getting Arrogant, last month i had only 35 comments and i storm this place and rise to 800 something, the only reason my post per day went drastically down was cause i chose to slow down.:p
I'm not getting arrogant, I'm just messing around with you :p. There is a difference between lulz and arrogance :D

Essence
July 15, 2009, 10:28 PM
I'm not getting arrogant, I'm just messing around with you :p. There is a difference between lulz and arrogance :D

I was messing with you too, in case you didn't realize i use the word arrogant for you in almost every post lol. but still what I said about my post per day records was the truth.

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:29 PM
So my next question is if you got yourself that high up in a month, how the hell did it drop that low then so soon???

Essence
July 15, 2009, 10:32 PM
So my next question is if you got yourself that high up in a month, how the hell did it drop that low then so soon???

Well that's because i don't post as much anymore, plus i'm usually in the fun forum when i do get on. Besides the only thing i want is to be name as the most awesome name on the unofficial top ten list of MH best name, and i just want to reach a 1000 comments, that's pretty much all.

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:39 PM
lol, we are really pushing this top username competition aren't we :p. It would be great though. In general I just like being here, especially in the summer when things can get slow at times then this is a great place to burn some time that I would normally spend bored. Plus I've never really had the opportunity to discuss manga like this before ^__^. For goals though, there really isn't much to achieve here, its more about the quality if the discussions I have I guess, and the fun forum of course :p.

Essence
July 15, 2009, 10:42 PM
lol, we are really pushing this top username competition aren't we :p. It would be great though. In general I just like being here, especially in the summer when things can get slow at times then this is a great place to burn some time that I would normally spend bored. Plus I've never really had the opportunity to discuss manga like this before ^__^. For goals though, there really isn't much to achieve here, its more about the quality if the discussions I have I guess, and the fun forum of course :p.

I know what you mean, I didn't get on here last year as much as I did this summer, but i'm just chilling here but once i go on a vacation, i'm probably not going to be here as much.

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:44 PM
I know what you mean, I didn't get on here last year as much as I did this summer, but i'm just chilling here but once i go on a vacation, i'm probably not going to be here as much.
Yea, I know. I still dunno if I'm gonna have internet in Croatia :XD. I'm bringing my laptop just in case :D. And for the top 100 usernames, I really think it would be a great idea :D, maybe someone could PM a mod to try and get them to make an official one for MH or something. I dunno, it just seems like a pretty promising idea.

Essence
July 15, 2009, 10:53 PM
Yea, I know. I still dunno if I'm gonna have internet in Croatia :XD. I'm bringing my laptop just in case :D. And for the top 100 usernames, I really think it would be a great idea :D, maybe someone could PM a mod to try and get them to make an official one for MH or something. I dunno, it just seems like a pretty promising idea.

wel i'm gonna have internet where i'm going its just i'm not be able to be on the computer as much cause there a lot of things i have to do when i get to Florida. and yeah we should have that username thing, i nominate you to PM a mod about it lol.

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 10:55 PM
wel i'm gonna have internet where i'm going its just i'm not be able to be on the computer as much cause there a lot of things i have to do when i get to Florida. and yeah we should have that username thing, i nominate you to PM a mod about it lol.
HEY!!!! I OBJECT!!!.....crap....maybe Blai will FINALLY show up and just read our posts :p

Essence
July 15, 2009, 10:58 PM
HEY!!!! I OBJECT!!!.....crap....maybe Blai will FINALLY show up and just read our posts :p

Why not , you are perfect for this, and i don't even think Blai check the comments most of the time. All in favor of you doing it say I: I

Arrogance
July 15, 2009, 11:00 PM
NAY!!!!! lol, I'll think about it we should at least get a bigger following first. Who do we have supporting it right now. Me, you, Asusp, Googlez, Shinobi most likely would agree, lol. Basically everyone on the Fun Forum. Lets be serious, we are the fun forum, lol.

Essence
July 15, 2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah you are right on that, so if not you, then who?

LadyHatake
July 15, 2009, 11:14 PM
Jesus Christ, how have you all posted so much today O___o

TO reply to someone asking about me a few pages back:

Whatever happened to LadyHatake anyways?? i loved her...

I'm still around =) Busy with work, and today was my first day off in awhile. Saw HP6 last night at midnight, got home at 4am, slept till noon, then I've been out all afternoon with my friend. Just got back an hour ago.

She retired as a mod and is now, freely going to parties and shopping freely without worrying if they is anything bad happening at MH

I may have stepped down, but I still watch over certain areas of the forums.... particularly this board =P And I don't shop. That much. >____>

I went to a restaurant called Cheesecake Factory for the first time today, and man oh man, the cheesecake I got was absolutely delicious!! Caramel, chocolate, and pecan :3 Still have some in the fridge; just the thought is making me drool~

nat
July 15, 2009, 11:27 PM
cheescake :drool
I still have some in the fridge
*goes to eat cheesecake*

lucky you LadyHatake :)

LadyHatake
July 15, 2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry, hopeandlight, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the manga you're looking for. =(

mmm, nat, I'm not the only lucky one if you have some too xD Did you make it yourself? Homemade is always the best :)

Anyways, I'm heading to bed. Need sleep so that I wake up in time for work tomorrow. I can't wait til my vacation >_<

nat
July 15, 2009, 11:59 PM
I bought it from the supermarket :tem
easier and faster.
I do cook normally, but not desserts :D

Arrogance
July 16, 2009, 01:45 AM
I went to a restaurant called Cheesecake Factory for the first time today, and man oh man, the cheesecake I got was absolutely delicious!! Caramel, chocolate, and pecan :3 Still have some in the fridge; just the thought is making me drool~

Damn, good for you :D. There is one by me I went too once, like 4 years ago. I went there for dinner and I got the shephards pie but there was too much black pepper in it that it threw the meal off. My family said that same about all of theirs too, so I was dissapointed with that....but the cheesecake was very good. I haven't gone back since though because who goes out to dinner just for cheesecake, ya know. It just wasn't practical. But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :tem

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 02:14 AM
Jesus Christ, how have you all posted so much today O___o

TO reply to someone asking about me a few pages back:

I'm still around =) Busy with work, and today was my first day off in awhile. Saw HP6 last night at midnight, got home at 4am, slept till noon, then I've been out all afternoon with my friend. Just got back an hour ago.

Oooh nice to know, your still around, this thread is full of so many dudes, that its becoming scary, we need like female presence here sometimes... how have you been though, i haven't seen your name on here in ages. hows work going though??

I may have stepped down, but I still watch over certain areas of the forums.... particularly this board =P And I don't shop. That much. >____>

so you still check on who's being naughty and stuff.. so lately most of your time has been spent at work..

We were just talking about cheesecake the other day, i actually had one this week, but i don't like it that much it tasted weird.. you might bring your leftover cheesecake to the your MH pals lol....

blai
July 16, 2009, 05:44 AM

I'm reading, I've read everything, everything from T.D.A's false 'convo' with me to the twitter talk...

But I don't understand what you're talking about now tbh.

Do you want a thread with the 100 top usernames or 100 top posters?
And iirc you guys can create threads aswell >.>

edit: And i'd rather see you PM me about those things instead of posting it here, hoping that I will catch it since there were about 5-6 new pages and I couldn't be arsed to read everything throughfully since it was a lot of trash-talk :cool:

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 05:51 AM
Why do you want a thread like that? It would need updating every minute.

blai
July 16, 2009, 06:15 AM
Why do you want a thread like that? It would need updating every minute.

Don't ask me, I didn't even understand the request... Because it would indeed, get a lot of uptates and I don't know how you can give names a ranking system...

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 06:27 AM
Hmm maybe just update it every month, maybe just rank it by how good/cool it sounds lol.

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 09:08 AM
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince broke the record for biggest midnight screenings making an estimated $22.2 million in 3,003 theatres. It beat the previous record-holders The Dark Knight which made $18.5 million during its midnight runs only a year earlier and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith which made $16.9 million in 2005."

HEHE! I watched the movie yesterday and it was AWEOSMEEEEEEEEE! The best Harry Potter movie EVER! I'm gonna buy the game tommorow. :XD

Guys, everyone has to watch this movie. It is the movie of the year, nuff said. This movie will reach a billion grossing.

If it made $22 million in 1 night, i have no doubt it will reach a billion.

goldb
July 16, 2009, 09:12 AM
Really? so it's that good yeah?

Gonna go watch it with my bro-in law since he's paying :p...doesn't seem fair since it's his birthday 2moro

Gcat88
July 16, 2009, 09:41 AM
if a HP movie can beat records it will be the last one, guartneed!!!

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 11:00 AM
if a HP movie can beat records it will be the last one, guartneed!!!

I hope not, because it would suck if there's not a movie which we actually get to see hermione and Ron get it off... and plus i want to see how voldermort dies..

blai
July 16, 2009, 11:05 AM
For further discussion guys visit The Movie Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117&page=140)

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 11:09 AM
For further discussion guys visit The Movie Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117&page=140)

Hey Blai, we were all thinking on how much you have changed since you've become a mod... we've got a feeling that you've been neglecting our friendships..

blai
July 16, 2009, 11:11 AM
No, I haven't. But there are rules guys and as a mod I have to make sure you all are following them. You can't spam away and stuff just because I am the mod for this section. As long as you behave I'm the same Blai, the only difference is the colour of my name. I have noticed some of you taking adv. of me being a mod, thinking I'm too nice and will bend the rules but I wont.
There's one thing with being strict, and another thing with being friends. I'm both, but if you don't co-operate we will go down the road.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 11:21 AM
Don't worry Blai, we understand exactly what you have to, there's no need for you to be lenient towards anyone.. i've already learnt my lesson not to spam..

what you up to??

Arrogance
July 16, 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm reading, I've read everything, everything from T.D.A's false 'convo' with me to the twitter talk...

But I don't understand what you're talking about now tbh.

Do you want a thread with the 100 top usernames or 100 top posters?
And iirc you guys can create threads aswell >.>

edit: And i'd rather see you PM me about those things instead of posting it here, hoping that I will catch it since there were about 5-6 new pages and I couldn't be arsed to read everything throughfully since it was a lot of trash-talk :cool:
A thread about 100 best usernames for MH, it would be like a competition I guess. We were just posting here to discuss about it for now. I would have PMed you but lets see....it was like 3AM and I wanted to sleep, I needed to way my options: PM Blai...or sleep...hmmm, I chose sleep. Thats no offense to you of course, lol. I'll PM asap about this wonderful idea the crazy people on the fun forum thought up, lol.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ron had swine flu, well the actor did, also Emma Watson looks good on some pics, but looks quite average in others, maybe because she was young then I don't know. I actually want to see who'll play the older version of Harry Potter in the last movie.

nat
July 16, 2009, 12:23 PM
prolly Daniel Radcliff, since he's well older now :)
makeup can do so much

I don't like Ron in the books, but the one in the movies is just awesome :wtf makes me appreciate RonHermione more.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 12:27 PM
Take your discussion in the Movie threads... Hws everyone's day been??

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 12:29 PM
Why would we need to take the discussion into the movie thread? We're not even talking about the movie itself but the actors/actresses more.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=◆ T.D.A ◆;1461279]Why would we need to take the discussion into the movie thread? We're not even talking about the movie itself but the actors/actresses more.[/Q

I went shopping today with my german family, they just bought some stuff, because their germans they don't really know much about the english money, so i took big advantage of them lol....

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 12:36 PM
What on earth?! How is that a reply to my post?

nat
July 16, 2009, 12:39 PM
you should have an open mind and big imagination tiddi.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 12:49 PM
What on earth?! How is that a reply to my post?

Hey guys sorry... that wasn't me, it was my little brother using my account, i was sleeping... i just got up now..

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 12:50 PM
your bro has an interesting life:

I went shopping today with my german family, they just bought some stuff, because their germans they don't really know much about the english money, so i took big advantage of them lol...

But why does he have a German family? Adoption is a bitch.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 12:52 PM
your bro has an interesting life:

But why does he have a German family? Adoption is a bitch.

lol.. he's only 12.. besides, he's not adopted, its just one of my uncle got married to this german woman.. so they came to visit us in london, and i think he spent the day with them in town buying stuff lol...

bean
July 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
Ron had swine flu, well the actor did, also Emma Watson looks good on some pics, but looks quite average in others, maybe because she was young then I don't know. I actually want to see who'll play the older version of Harry Potter in the last movie.
I dont find her that attractive but she was showing some good cleave in the new movie. Im on the fence about Ginny though.

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 02:44 PM
They did cut a lot of shit out from the book though, I really wanted to see the Gaunts portrayed in the movie but they weren't. And the Prime Minister at the beginning of the book, and dumbledore's funeral. How can his funeral not fit in the movie when it's in the book? But other then that, the best HP movie ever.

Now the last one. They are gonna make 2 movies for the last one. First ones comes out next year and the second one comes out in 2011. :XD

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
I just think it is pointless making two movies for one book. But owells the people who make the movie are making two movies for one book to get more money and expand the franchise lol.

Harry potter is kind of boring now compared to prisoner of Azkaban

too bad snape is the half blood prince

bean
July 16, 2009, 02:52 PM
They did cut a lot of shit out from the book though, I really wanted to see the Gaunts portrayed in the movie but they weren't. And the Prime Minister at the beginning of the book, and dumbledore's funeral. How can his funeral not fit in the movie when it's in the book? But other then that, the best HP movie ever.

Now the last one. They are gonna make 2 movies for the last one. First ones comes out next year and the second one comes out in 2011. :XD
spoiler tag that before someone comes in saying you ruined the movie. Remember, not everyone has read the books. Supposedly some guy killed himself because someone spoiled the movie for him...said he had nothing to live for. Granted, he was crazy to begin with, but still...

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 02:56 PM
Do you think the mods will complain about that, it is like the naruto chapters and how you have to wait till monday to talk about it

God forbid that happens to anyone else.

Wow that man must have been traumatised and must have loved the movie a lot

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:01 PM
I just think it is pointless making two movies for one book. But owells the people who make the movie are making two movies for one book to get more money and expand the franchise lol.

Harry potter is kind of boring now compared to prisoner of Azkaban

too bad snape is the half blood prince
there's a lot in the book(s) that they have to wrap up in the final movie, so much so that it would be either too complex, too rushed, or flat out shitty if they try to cram it into one. I think it's a wise move to make the final book into two movies so that they can tactfully wrap it up. I don't see how they could do the final book in just one movie. Sure, part of it might be for money, but in all honesty, I don't think it is. IF that were the case, there would have been like 7-8 potter films to date because they definitely have enough source material for it.

but potter being boring now since the third film?! hardly, it's been getting progressively better. This movie is by far the best for many reasons. To me, half blood prince was the shittiest of the books, but as a movie it worked way better, even if a lot of stuff was removed that I felt needed to be in it.
[hr]

Do you think the mods will complain about that, it is like the naruto chapters and how you have to wait till monday to talk about it

God forbid that happens to anyone else.

Wow that man must have been traumatised and must have loved the movie a lot
mods might not care but all it takes is for one person to report it.
[hr]
just incase anyone wants to read.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/man-commits-suicide-after_b_231271.html

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 03:03 PM
@ Bean.

You found Half Blood Prince a shit book? It was an epic book, man it's so hard to give evidence as to why the book was good when you can't write it here. -_-; It may not have been action pakced or whatever but the histroy of you know who was amazing to read. We found everything about you know who etc and the ending was :wtf When you know who killed you know who at the end of the book, it was the best cliffhanger then any HP book. Even when Voldemort returned in the 4th book. Everyone was going nuts like " OMG! Traitor" WTF! HIM?" But then in the last book we finally got the real reasons as to why he did it.

@Renboy.

It's better if the book is split into 2 movies, then everything doesn't get muddled up. it;s the last book so they have to make it epic.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 03:05 PM
Why don't you just spoiler tag the book comments?

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:07 PM
@ Bean.

You found Half Blood Prince a shit book? It was an epic book, man it's so hard to give evidence as to why the book was good when you can't write it here. -_-; It may not have been action pakced or whatever but the histroy of you know who was amazing to read. We found everything about you know who etc and the ending was :wtf When you know who killed you know who at the end of the book, it was the best cliffhanger then any HP book. Even when Voldemort returned in the 4th book. Everyone was going nuts like " OMG! Traitor" WTF! HIM?" But then in the last book we finally got the real reasons as to why he did it.

@Renboy.

It's better if the book is split into 2 movies, then everything doesn't get muddled up. it;s the last book so they have to make it epic.
epic? hardly? all the history of voldemort? really? that he was an orphan? that his mother was an abused, love sick freak? Sorry, not my type of book I guess. That was hardly enough to say that what we learned about his history was amazing. What happened at the end was quality stuff, but it's not enough to carry the entire book. Maybe for the intended audience it was quality stuff, but I didn't find it to be all that great. Not saying it was a bad book, but IMO, it's the worst of the lot, and it's my least favorite.

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:09 PM
I think we should all read twighlight instead lool

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 03:13 PM
The Grizzo has returned!!!!

Twighligh?? i hated the movie, i doubt i'll even like the book..

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:14 PM
Or we should all read the four agreements

Grizz did you edit the sig it is good because it goes with the back ground

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:14 PM
you have to be a wiener emo kid or a high school girl for it to be acceptable to read that garbage. I am neither.

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
epic? hardly? all the history of voldemort? really? that he was an orphan? that his mother was an abused, love sick freak? Sorry, not my type of book I guess. That was hardly enough to say that what we learned about his history was amazing. What happened at the end was quality stuff, but it's not enough to carry the entire book. Maybe for the intended audience it was quality stuff, but I didn't find it to be all that great. Not saying it was a bad book, but IMO, it's the worst of the lot, and it's my least favorite.

So you didn't like the history about Horcruxes? The whole book was about Voldemort, how he came to be and what he is. Where he hid the horcruxes, his history with Dumbledore, why he is immortal, I could go on all day. The Gaunts were an interesting specimen to read about IMO but they didn't include it in the movie. :(

Well as J.K rowling said herself, the 6th book and the 7th book were like a one whole book. The 7th book started off right after the events of the 6th book with Snape etc.

So what is your fav HP book? Mine had to be the 7th one, no doubt. Yours? Though, where do you think the producers are going to split the movie from? Which part in the book are they gonna seperate movie 1 from 2? Maybe when Ron and Harry are in the forest?

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:19 PM
you have to be a wiener emo kid or a high school girl for it to be acceptable to read that garbage. I am neither.

I have never read it I have read a review on it, and the person said it was good.

Gcat88
July 16, 2009, 03:20 PM
wheres the thread that says how many posts you need to change ur status??

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 03:20 PM
Or we should all read the four agreements

Grizz did you edit the sig it is good because it goes with the back ground

Yeah i did, i found the image on some website and i just edited it on photoshop..

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:23 PM
So you didn't like the history about Horcruxes? The whole book was about Voldemort, how he came to be and what he is. Where he hid the horcruxes, his history with Dumbledore, why he is immortal, I could go on all day. The Gaunts were an interesting specimen to read about IMO but they didn't include it in the movie. :(

Well as J.K rowling said herself, the 6th book and the 7th book were like a one whole book. The 7th book started off right after the events of the 6th book with Snape etc.

So what is your fav HP book? Mine had to be the 7th one, no doubt. Yours? Though, where do you think the producers are going to split the movie from? Which part in the book are they gonna seperate movie 1 from 2? Maybe when Ron and Harry are in the forest?
The best thing that was unvealed was that

was Neville Longbottom the chosen one, if so that was uncalled for but it was good

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:23 PM

the whole book wasn't entirely about that. Honestly, it played a fairly minor part compared to what you're making it out to be.
we didn't find out where he hid them, just that dumbledore has destroyed 2 (actually just one but had the other destroyed one from the second book), thinks he's found one and there's 3 other ones out there, one possibly being nagini. The history with dumbledore amounted to dumbledore picking him up from an orphanage, not trusting him as much as the other teachers, and not allowing him to return to hogwarts. But really, I felt that the book was more about relationships, quidditch and harry going after malfoy.
as for my fav...
I think any true potter fan would say that the last book is their favorite. It's almost impossible to say it isn't. There are so many things about that book that are so awesome, and they get to you. I'm I pretty emotionless guy but that book gave me goosebumps a shitload of times. As for the split, I don't recall the entire story that well...I only read it once and I was caught up in reading it that I don't really remember much of it, but if the timeline in my head is right, I can see a split happening either after they go to the ministry of magic or when they go to that one house and voldemort almost gets them. I gotta reread the book to see if there's a better place.

Asusp3v4x
July 16, 2009, 03:24 PM
wheres the thread that says how many posts you need to change ur status??

If I am not mistaken....

0 to 49 = beginner

50 to 99 = Jr Member

100 to 249 = Member

250 to 499 = Sr Member

500 to 2499 = Hero member

2500 to 4999 = Celebrity

5000 to 9999 = MH addicted

10000 and on = Legendary Member

nat
July 16, 2009, 03:26 PM
Mine was the sixth for all the voldy stuff.
Seventh was great too, but 6th comes slightly ahead.

And really appreciated the series ending. I know people expected something original and bizarre, but I'm happy she finished with a happy note.
Gives a message, fight for what you want and you'll get it ^^

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:28 PM
Asusp is right loool

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 03:30 PM
i Promised myself to never read another movie based book ever again, after reading lord of the rings... that book was huge and long.. took me about 3 months to finish reading it, ive read one harry potter book, but never going to read another 1..

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:31 PM
It took you 3 months to read a book. You must have read like 5 pages a day lol

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
i Promised myself to never read another movie based book ever again, after reading lord of the rings... that book was huge and long.. took me about 3 months to finish reading it, ive read one harry potter book, but never going to read another 1..
you can't make a judgment based on that trilogy though. Potter books are good, but LoTR you gotta be a hardcore fan to get through them. But there have been a shitload of movies made from awesome books. Jurassic park, all the books, are awesome. Fight club, Shooter, I am Legend, all are awesome books. There's more but I can't think of them at the moment.
[hr]

It took you 3 months to read a book. You must have read like 5 pages a day lol
not really...have you ever seen the LoTR books? It's hard to read through them and the book I had had small text...they're huge though, like too long huge. 3 months sounds about right, if not, sounds a bit too short for that book.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 03:35 PM
Trust me RenBoy they are really long...

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:35 PM
Nah lol I have never. But I would assume it is 1000 pages long lol

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 03:39 PM
the whole book wasn't entirely about that. Honestly, it played a fairly minor part compared to what you're making it out to be.
we didn't find out where he hid them, just that dumbledore has destroyed 2 (actually just one but had the other destroyed one from the second book), thinks he's found one and there's 3 other ones out there, one possibly being nagini. The history with dumbledore amounted to dumbledore picking him up from an orphanage, not trusting him as much as the other teachers, and not allowing him to return to hogwarts. But really, I felt that the book was more about relationships, quidditch and harry going after malfoy.
as for my fav...
I think any true potter fan would say that the last book is their favorite. It's almost impossible to say it isn't. There are so many things about that book that are so awesome, and they get to you. I'm I pretty emotionless guy but that book gave me goosebumps a shitload of times. As for the split, I don't recall the entire story that well...I only read it once and I was caught up in reading it that I don't really remember much of it, but if the timeline in my head is right, I can see a split happening either after they go to the ministry of magic or when they go to that one house and voldemort almost gets them. I gotta reread the book to see if there's a better place.

As I had said, I could go on for the whole day but I didn't.

As for the last book:

When I was reading the book THE FIRST TIME youknow when Harry goes into that house and that woman's real identity is Nagini? Well at first I thought it was a dream he was having that he was being attacked by Nagini, like Voldemort used Liglimency on him, did you feel that? When i re-read the chapter, it wasn't a dream but it was reality. IMO.

Some people say the last book wasn't action packed but it was.The whole book was a war from the beginning till the end. I can't wait to see the 7 Harry Potters and hedwig dying :( The worst death in that book had to be Snape. I was very emotional about that shit, it made me sad the way he died. Damn Voldemort and the Elder wand. :( Anyway, the last book was the best. Can't wait to be released into the movies and the game. LOL

Yes, I do but the HP games as well. They are kinda fun.
[hr]

Mine was the sixth for all the voldy stuff.
Seventh was great too, but 6th comes slightly ahead.

And really appreciated the series ending. I know people expected something original and bizarre, but I'm happy she finished with a happy note.
Gives a message, fight for what you want and you'll get it ^^

Dumbledore's death was NOT a happy note -_-; It was damn sad but it was the best cliffhanger ever in any HP book. Snape truly was loyal all the way to the end.

Added Major Spoiler Tags ^^;

bean
I'm not fanboy enough to suffer through a mediocre game just because I like what it's based on...see: all naruto games.

hopeandlight
Sorry, hopeandlight, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the manga you're looking for. =(

mmm, nat, I'm not the only lucky one if you have some too xD Did you make it yourself? Homemade is always the best :)

Anyways, I'm heading to bed. Need sleep so that I wake up in time for work tomorrow. I can't wait til my vacation >_<

thank you
I took some time and I was about to give up
but I found it!
its called undead

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
As I had said, I could go on for the whole day but I didn't.

As for the last book:

When I was reading the book THE FIRST TIME youknow when Harry goes into that house and that woman's real identity is Nagini? Well at first I thought it was a dream he was having that he was being attacked by Nagini, like Voldemort used Liglimency on him, did you feel that? When i re-read the chapter, it wasn't a dream but it was reality. IMO.

Some people say the last book wasn't action packed but it was.The whole book was a war from the beginning till the end. I can't wait to see the 7 Harry Potters and hedwig dying :( The worst death in that book had to be Snape. I was very emotional about that shit, it made me sad the way he died. Damn Voldemort and the Elder wand. :( Anyway, the last book was the best. Can't wait to be released into the movies and the game. LOL

Yes, I do but the HP games as well. They are kinda fun.

Dumbledore's death was NOT a happy note -_-; It was damn sad but it was the best cliffhanger ever in any HP book. Snape truly was loyal all the way to the end.
she's talking about the series as a whole (the 7th book)...not the 6th.

nat
July 16, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah I meant the entire story ^^

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 03:43 PM
How about Order of the Phoenix? Did anyone like that book?

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:44 PM
I think Alex is crying because he feels Harry potter is getting undermined by some people

Nat go give him a hug

OMG I HATED THAT BOOK that is one poor book
and the film adaption was the reason why I think little of Harry Potter now

BEST BOOK WAS GOBLET OF FIRE NO DOUBT

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 03:46 PM
No I'm not that sad you dick. Where did I say it's getting undermined by people? :blink

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:47 PM
By MEEEEE, what you going to do. Bring your boys to stratford?

bean
July 16, 2009, 03:47 PM
Order of the Phoenix was actually a pretty good movie. Book wasn't half bad either, but I don't remember it too well...been so long since I read it.

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 03:48 PM
Aside from HP has anyone read Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr? :p It's part of the Inheritance cycle. It's not popular as HP or LOTR, but it is good.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 03:48 PM
No Worries Wx.. Renboy just wants your loving attention...

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 03:49 PM
Griizz did I give you the permission to speak lool

never read any of them. I'm not really into those kind of books. I am into books about london and stuff

A good author is Benjamin Zephaniah

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 03:57 PM
Aside from HP has anyone read Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr? :p It's part of the Inheritance cycle. It's not popular as HP or LOTR, but it is good.

Nope... i've seen Eragon the movie i didn't like it, so i though i'd skip the book as well...

@ Renboy, son don't make me take out the belt....

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 04:11 PM
Who would win between Goku and Hulk? :p

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 04:13 PM
Who would win between Goku and Hulk? :p

Probably Goku because the hulk can't keep up with his speed, but once he catches him, he's as far as dead....

Good way of changing topics...

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 04:15 PM
Probably Goku because the hulk can't keep up with his speed, but once he catches him, he's as far as dead....

Good way of changing topics...

It's just that there is a thread called Goku v Superman in the General Entertainment section, how would Goku fair against Hulk. :p

Asusp3v4x
July 16, 2009, 04:15 PM
The winner of that fight is obviously Chuck Norris ... :XD

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 04:18 PM
Did my post get deleted?

Hulk would win
The hulk gets angrier by the second. One time he got so angry he lifted up a mountain!
Goku put a blast through Hulk and hulk would just regenerate

but against chuck norris

Chuck norris can fight all of the super heroes at once with his eyes closed with his arms beind his back and he is only allowed to use his left leg which is considered his weakest

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 04:18 PM
Lmao that's the same thing as in the Goku V Superman thread. People said batman would win between Goku and Superman. LOL

People should check that thread out, it's really funny.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
Did my post get deleted?

Goku would win, but there would be a chance Goku could lose.

The hulk gets angrier by the second. One time he got so angry he lifted up a mountain!

Can you imagine the hulk having his way with a woman, lol.. the angrier she makes him, the tense and harder it gets lol..

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
Batman has defeated superman before you know

Batman is nearly as strong as chuck norris

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 04:22 PM
did you get e-married or what?

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 04:23 PM
Me?

Sadly I listened to you and now I have to get married freely or it just wont be natural

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 04:25 PM
Who you gettin married to?? nat or ladyhatake??

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 04:26 PM
Does anyone here like Drake (r n b star) those songs can make a girl feel you if you sing it right lool

eni
July 16, 2009, 04:27 PM
Nah lol I have never. But I would assume it is 1000 pages long lol
Of the German special collectors edition I have here, the 1st volume has 677 pages, 2nd volume has 608 pages and 3rd volume has 705 pages, including translator notes and other explaining texts.

That's a, ehm, kinda normal page volume for a mature book. My favorite one has 1117 pages just for one volume. Don't see why that would take three month to read. That's a weekend for me, a week if I'm busy and have to take a lot of breaks.

I've read LotR four times by now. English original, both German translations and again my favorite translation. Took me never longer than a week for all three books despite a busy work schedule *shrugs*

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 04:28 PM
Well eni we all know who much you like reading. Wow your manga list speaks for itself. yh 600 page book is a decent amount and surely it doesn't take 3 months to read

eni you must have done it in a month or under because you like reading lol

bean
July 16, 2009, 04:30 PM
now you're just showing off.
[hr]

Well eni we all know who much you like reading. Wow your manga list speaks for itself. yh 600 page book is a decent amount and surely it doesn't take 3 months to read

eni you must have done it in a month or under because you like reading lol
try reading the LotR books and you'll change your opinion on that. You have to be really into it to be able to read it in a week (calling BS on your claim Eni...I don't think you were that busy). I tried reading that book a few times...I kept falling asleep.

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 04:31 PM
Lol, ok. I will hunt the libary, scam them and hold the book for as long as i take to read it

does it take longer to understand the book

bean
July 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
Lol, ok. I will hunt the libary, scam them and hold the book for as long as i take to read it

does it take longer to understand the book
nothing hard in understanding it...but in my opinion it's just dry reading. Not my taste I guess, but it's just hard to get through. From what I've read, there wasn't a point where I got hooked and had to keep reading...I had to force myself to keep going.

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 04:37 PM
well eni reads like 1000 (rounded to 250) mangas, but then again also reading long books on top of that, plus modding the forums and taking care of the kids, meh you don't sleep do you?

eni
July 16, 2009, 04:41 PM
I don't see where that's BS, bean, since I don't see the problem in reading 200-300 pages in one afternoon. Making a 600 pages book a weekend read to me, with plenty of breaks and going on party.

If I stretch it on a full week, I don't even need to read an hour per day to get it done and seriously, if I would read any slower I wouldn't get my studies done at all since I had to read like 15+ books of this size per semester (and remember the main content for the exams) ;)

I had a 900 pages sociology book, now that was torture :scry

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 04:43 PM
well eni reads like 1000 (rounded to 250) mangas, but then again also reading long books on top of that, plus modding the forums and taking care of the kids, meh you don't sleep do you?

She must enjoy it on some level.. i personally couldn't, i'll just be punishing myself

Essence
July 16, 2009, 04:52 PM
Does anyone here like Drake (r n b star) those songs can make a girl feel you if you sing it right lool

Drake is my favorite rapper, i like all his songs especially Best i ever had, i hope he drop an album soon

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
aren't you guys going to make that username thread in the funforum?

blai
July 16, 2009, 05:06 PM
--------> The Book Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276&page=44)

I can't see how eni is bs'ing tbh...
It's not hard reading and what she's saying is nothing show-off... I read the 3 first HP books when I was 13 in English and it took me around a weekend...
I also for example revise for exams... it's usually around 70-100pages we're going to read and I can easy study 12hours during a weekend + breaks for working out and hanging with friends and partying and still remember what I read. It's all about determination while you're doing it ^_^

Essence
July 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
aren't you guys going to make that username thread in the funforum?

Well i do hope they make it and i was among the one who said they shold do so, if they do my name would make the top ten Right, Right?

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 05:10 PM
I think we shud all vote.. anyone who thinks the thread shoud be made says aye...

bean
July 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
--------> The Book Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276&page=44)

I can't see how eni is bs'ing tbh...
It's not hard reading and what she's saying is nothing show-off... I read the 3 first HP books when I was 13 in English and it took me around a weekend...
I also for example revise for exams... it's usually around 70-100pages we're going to read and I can easy study 12hours during a weekend + breaks for working out and hanging with friends and partying and still remember what I read. It's all about determination while you're doing it ^_^
there's a big difference between the first three harry potter books (which I could easily read all in the same day) and the LotR trilogy.

blai
July 16, 2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, but I also added that I read them in English and I was only 13years old.

I can read the LotR trilogy in... ah maybe it'll take a little more than a week but it should not take too long.. To be frankly it also depends if you're reading it intensively or if you're quick-reading it. Quick-reading would prolly go faster.

Grizz
July 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
I just took my time reading it, and thats why it took me 3 months to finally finish that dam book... but seems you guys read often so, might tke you less longer than i

Essence
July 16, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah, but I also added that I read them in English and I was only 13years old.

I can read the LotR trilogy in... ah maybe it'll take a little more than a week but it should not take too long.. To be frankly it also depends if you're reading it intensively or if you're quick-reading it. Quick-reading would prolly go faster.

Lotr is not that hard to read, altough it takes a while, the hardest to read for me would be The Similarion which explain the LoTR universe, i try reading that but i got confuse with the names and the story was so vast.

LadyHatake
July 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
^Re: Reading speeds

I'm with eni. I can read a 500 page book in a few hours, without skimming. *shrug*. I was able to read at a 12th grade level when I was in 5th grade. I've always enjoyed doing it and I've always been damn good at it. I have ~3000 books or more in my home, and I have read them all anywhere from 1-50 times, depending on the novel. That doesn't even include the ones I've tossed after reading because I didn't like it/wouldn't ever read it again. Some people are just exceptionally good and efficient at reading. Females moreso than males, according to research.

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
Reading a book the fastest doesn't mean anything. It's the ability to gather the knowledge in and remember it. What's the point in readings books really fast if you forget even the basic things in the story or any other non fiction? I'd say it's best to take your time...

LadyHatake
July 16, 2009, 08:05 PM
Who says I forget anything? Reading fast doesn't mean that you don't get the full effect of it. It just means your brain can understand and process things quicker than average. Like I said, I don't skim, I read it word for word.

bean
July 16, 2009, 08:09 PM
just fyi, reading level doesn't really relate to reading speed. I was a slow reader in the 4th grade but I was already comprehending 12th grade material. Hence, I was reading at a 12th grade level. G.A.T.E. FTW

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 08:16 PM
Reading a 500 page book in a few hours is literally called skim reading. It's impossible to read everything in a 500 page book in a "few" hours word for word, and understand every detail and plot etc.

If that's truly the case then you must re-read the book over and over again to understand everything in a few hours whilst with me I take my time and understand mostly everything when I read the book the first time.

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 08:19 PM
Now Now alex calm down. Maybe LH can do it. Dont doubt her she was once a....MOD!!! lool

Nah but I understand what alext is saying because reading does take a lot of time when it comes to books those sizes. But if LH can do it then, give me your reading skills when I next read a book

Weapon_X
July 16, 2009, 08:32 PM
Now Now alex calm down. Maybe LH can do it. Dont doubt her she was once a....MOD!!! lool

Nah but I understand what alext is saying because reading does take a lot of time when it comes to books those sizes. But if LH can do it then, give me your reading skills when I next read a book

Reading a book in a few hours is dead easy but to get the grasp of it and understand the knowledge inside in a few hours is impossible. I'd rather read a book through the first time and understand everything rather then re-read a book 50 times in a few short hours and then finally be able to understand it.

LadyHatake
July 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
just fyi, reading level doesn't really relate to reading speed. I was a slow reader in the 4th grade but I was already comprehending 12th grade material. Hence, I was reading at a 12th grade level. G.A.T.E. FTW

It did here xD Ours was was based on both speed and comprehension. Not sure what G.A.T.E. is. Standardized testing of some kind?

Reading a 500 page book in a few hours is literally called skim reading. It's impossible to read everything in a 500 page book in a "few" hours word for word, and understand every detail and plot etc.

If that's truly the case then you must re-read the book over and over again to understand everything in a few hours whilst with me I take my time and understand mostly everything when I read the book the first time.

No, I don't. I understand what you're trying to say, but just because you read one way doesn't make reading the way I do impossible. Like I said, it's based on the brain's ability to process viewed text. Some people's work faster than others. I don't require re-reading in order to understand the plot devices, etc. It's similar to the way a photographic memory works.

Granted; it'd take me longer to understand and read certain genres (like Shakespeare, War and Peace, etc) but that's because they use unusual writing ways that aren't as common and are therefore harder for the brain to understand.

Let's just agree to disagree and be done with this conversation, k? xD

Me being a mod has nothing to do with it >_>; Speed varies GREATLY amongst people. Reading books of those sizes may take you more time, but not me. Same way with a race: I run like a fricking turtle, but that doesn't mean that everyone does.

Anyways.

I finished my cheesecake <3 Delish. I'm thinking about heading off to play the Sims 3 since it's been awhile since I played last, but hrm. I need to clean out my computer too. Ah well, playtime first :nuts

bean
July 16, 2009, 08:46 PM
It did here xD Ours was was based on both speed and comprehension. Not sure what G.A.T.E. is. Standardized testing of some kind?

sounds like you're making that up. There's no such thing as a 12th grade reading speed. Reading level is always determined by how one comprehends, interprets and regurgitates what they read. Whether they pick up themes and underlying ideas, etc.

LadyHatake
July 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
Why would I make that up? >_>; AFAIR, it did deal with speed due to the timing aspect. Whether or not you finished within the allotted time affected your "score" as well. Maybe I'm wrong? It's been over 10 years or so, so I may certainly be mistaken.

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
Me being a mod has nothing to do with it >_>; Speed varies GREATLY amongst people. Reading books of those sizes may take you more time, but not me. Same way with a race: I run like a fricking turtle, but that doesn't mean that everyone does.

Anyways.

I finished my cheesecake <3 Delish. I'm thinking about heading off to play the Sims 3 since it's been awhile since I played last, but hrm. I need to clean out my computer too. Ah well, playtime first :nuts

Why does my jokes always go wrong ¬.¬

Lol indeed thats true many people are different

why is it that everytime you post in the hangout thread you talk about cheese cake. It is depressing because I can't get it but you can.

Byeeeee

LadyHatake
July 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
Why does my jokes always go wrong ¬.¬

Lol indeed thats true many people are different

why is it that everytime you post in the hangout thread you talk about cheese cake. It is depressing because I can't get it but you can.

Byeeeee

Because I love cheesecake and it's been awhile since I last had any~

Why not learn to make one? They're not that hard to do, as long as you follow directions (and have a springform pan to bake it in =P)

-Ren Boy-
July 16, 2009, 08:56 PM
yh but like I am not really a good cook and my mum don't trust me with oven as I am only 15

I can only have nice cheesecakes from good resturants. WITH ICE CREAM!!!! it was beautiful lol.

LH send me some through mail
P.O box vicrage lane

patedecarne
July 16, 2009, 08:57 PM
GUUYYSSSS, good evening for everyone :wtf

I missed you so much...

Wow, just saw 17Again, and I must say that was one of the best comedy movies up to date: I find myself laughing each 3 minutes, haha excellent movie, pretty damn well done!

eni
July 16, 2009, 08:58 PM
Reading a book in a few hours is dead easy but to get the grasp of it and understand the knowledge inside in a few hours is impossible. I'd rather read a book through the first time and understand everything rather then re-read a book 50 times in a few short hours and then finally be able to understand it.
Hm, I can't say that I don't understand the book just because I read fast. I get everything, every detail and story subplot. In fact, I can't read any slower. It would make me throwing the book into a corner because I can't stay focused on a single sentence for long.

However, I noticed that details don't stay as long in the longtime memory as they do for other readers. It fades faster. I always notice that in the Naruto board where some members have incredible memory on character details which I forgot years ago already, soon after reading the chapter.

But I don't see that as negative since I love re-reading a good story. When I like a book or a comic I will definitely read it again. If I like it again, I will read it a third or more times. That's just my style of reading. Literature which is trash to me will fade fast from my memory while good works will be re-read once in a while to enjoy them again (and with every time, more and more details stick in my brain forever). Similar to Katy I have books in shelf that I read 20 times and more and I enjoyed them every time, particularly because of the fact that I forgot on details and get surprised again.

Also, for the 1200+ manga on my read list. Don't forget my age. I read manga (and comics in general) for a little longer than most members of this forum.

You also have to take into account that MU's read lists are done by the title not by volume number. A large amount of the title on my lists are oneshots and short stories from one to ten volumes maximum. Very few series are above 15 volumes and even less in the range of Naruto and similar counts.

That means e.g. Inuyasha appears just as one title on my list but has in fact 56 volumes. Now, I have just as much and more one-volume manga on the list which have combined the same volume length but appear with 56 titles instead, as well as a dozens of oneshot manga which would (if you'd count 8 chapter per volume) add up to 448 titles for 56 volumes worth of read. Gotcha?

nat
July 16, 2009, 10:05 PM
I guess I do the same, read (and re-read books). Though I'm a bit of a fast reader and I read a lot of books, only very few ones that I find amazing I re-read. Sometimes only snippets of a section or a chapter I like (usually for the characters, not the events :) ..especially character description).

Like movies and manga, short term memory is always the best with them. 6 months later, I forget most details and go back to watching/reading them.

ps: I finished HP 5 in 3 days and the last one in 8. It was vacation time :)