PDA

View Full Version : Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

Pages : [1] 2 3

kangclaw
June 12, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hi, everyone, I started this thread because I searched and could not find a Veritas thread. If there is my apologies, please feel free to delete this.
I wanted to start a thread where Veritas can be discussed.

Veritas is a Korean Manwha.
Raws: 9 volumes and in Korea Chapters 75+
Scanned: 48 chapters so far by Helzone I think?

What is Veritas about? [from mangaupdates.com]
Kangryong is a high schooler unlike others. He has always had a dream of being the strongest. One day he meets Youcheon, who teaches him a powerful skill. One year later, people come to see him and announce that his "master" is dead. Because he was his only student, Kangryong has to follow them and go to a school where everybody has supernatural powers to fight.

[and boy does he fight:)]
If anybody has comments please post. I dont want to give too much spoilers for the people who have not read it yet.

boemshiika
June 18, 2009, 04:19 PM
one of my favorites so far. love the action and the story is deep. it has every thing you look for in a manga(sorry manwah).
art; 10/10
story;8/10 but it gets better and better.

i hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Onomatopoeia
June 18, 2009, 04:44 PM
Great manhwa I really enjoy it it has some especially excellent art, the plot might not be the best but the characters defintely make up for it.

Who's your favorite character guys? Mine is Honse.

Host Samurai
June 19, 2009, 09:47 AM
I've read all available scanlation until chapter 39 and I have to say that it's really good manwha. The pacing is great and the art is gorgeous.

My favorite characters are Rud, Gangryong, Honse and Kang the nine dragon's ftw! :D :D

conn-man
June 19, 2009, 10:22 AM
i discovered it a couple months ago it immedietly became one of my favorites..great art, fight concepts are simple but excellent, and the characters and plot have a lot of room to develop. i anticipate veritas every week as much as the big 3.

Onomatopoeia
June 19, 2009, 11:35 AM
Just out of curiosity but how do you guys think Guhoo beat Anichella? People acted like she was some sort of beast that was even equal to Vera. Considering how strong Guhoo is now I just can't see him being able to pull it off, he seems a lot weaker in comparison to characters like Vera and Rud.

His victory over her really doesn't make sense.

goozerman
June 19, 2009, 02:22 PM
why did Honse get beat up and lose his powers?

skitzophr3ak
June 26, 2009, 11:13 PM
Haha hi there, I figured I'd start posting here since I pretty much registered on this site to talk about Veritas when I saw this thread.

Just out of curiosity but how do you guys think Guhoo beat Anichella? People acted like she was some sort of beast that was even equal to Vera. Considering how strong Guhoo is now I just can't see him being able to pull it off, he seems a lot weaker in comparison to characters like Vera and Rud.

His victory over her really doesn't make sense.

I believe it was said at some point that Guhoo basically cheated and overcharged himself on artificial ki before the match so that he could beat Anichella.

Also Honse got beat up and had his ki channels destroyed because he posed a threat to Vera's power. Vera's ki had been disrupted so badly she couldn't use it for an extended period of time after her failed assault on Lightning Tiger. So the rest of the Student Council decided they needed to do whatever it took to keep that a secret so no one would doubt Vera's power. Honse was, most likely, going to be the one to face Vera in the finals of the tournament and if he did he'd push Vera to a limit where should have to use ki but would be unable to and thus her secret would be exposed. So the Student Council decided they'd ambush Honse and force him to destroy his ki channels so he couldn't fight anymore so that they could keep Vera from being hurt or exposed.

Onomatopoeia
June 27, 2009, 12:22 AM
Haha hi there, I figured I'd start posting here since I pretty much registered on this site to talk about Veritas when I saw this thread.
Cool! Welcome to MH!

I believe it was said at some point that Guhoo basically cheated and overcharged himself on artificial ki before the match so that he could beat Anichella.
No it was never said that this happened but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. I do wonder if you can do that though and what would be the consequences of it.

I actually doubt Honse's ki is completely gone. They literaly mention that fact every other chapter which is extremely redundant almost like they're trying to convince us that his Ki is gone. Besides I refuse to believe we'll never see Honse kick some serious arse and because I'm seriously angry about what happened to Honse.

Anyone agree with me on this theory?

Actually where's the next chapter it should be out already...

conn-man
June 27, 2009, 12:54 AM
that shit with honse was the most shitty thing i think ive seen in any manga(manwha). he was their friend! and they made him ruin all that he worked for his whole life, for the fucking student council!?

and is there no chapter this week?

Onomatopoeia
June 27, 2009, 02:21 AM
that shit with honse was the most shitty thing i think ive seen in any manga(manwha). he was their friend! and they made him ruin all that he worked for his whole life, for the fucking student council!?

and is there no chapter this week?

And yes what they did to Honse angered me greatly too. Seriously man I never knew being part of the Student Council was such serious biz. Last time I ever leave a student council ballot unmarked or make fun of the secretary.

We have the raws up to volume 8. I don't see why we shouldn't have a chapter this week.

Imperial_dao
June 27, 2009, 07:29 AM
Hands down, Lightning Tiger is my favorite character, he was only there for a short while but he is a mainstay in the manwha. He's cool composed and seriously strong. i don't know how they were able to kill him but i still dont wanna believe it, he was way too bad ass to fall so easily.

There seems to be a theme here with important fights not being explained, the whole guhoo thing was probably just blackmail, thats what the council, less Vera, is good at.

And seriously guys, i don't see anyone mentioning the high majority of upskirt shots in this manwha or the tight fitting school shirts around the spectacular boobage.

i'll admit thats one... excuse me... two of the reasons i keep coming back, other than the story, the fighting and watching lightning kitty's developement, the imminent war between traditional and reunion martial arts, the imminent war between the linus sisters and gangryong owning everyone including vera, his developement is really quick.

Finally Madoka is teh hottness! I love this manwha!

skitzophr3ak
June 27, 2009, 10:35 PM
No it was never said that this happened but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. I do wonder if you can do that though and what would be the consequences of it.

Huh, yea you're right, I wonder where I heard that then. But yea I have a feeling Honse isn't as useless as the story would lead us to believe. And where's the new chapter already jeez

DrunkDragon
June 28, 2009, 03:39 PM
New to the thread.

Anyways this weeks chapter is going to be late because they switched over to a new forum and I think they lost the translation? Not too sure on the last part maybe they couldn't get in contact.

And I agree Madoka is hotness!!

CaptFamous
June 29, 2009, 12:11 PM
Re: Guhoo vs Anichella - It hasn't yet been explained (the pattern of the story suggests that it will be), but the prevailing theory is that he received a dangerous amount of ki, stemming from his conversation about "trust" with Vera, and their talk about his recovery in more recent chapters.

Re: Honse - He, and Hayato, aver that his ki channels are closed forever. However, in a flashback, LT specifically says that there is no such thing as a permanently closed ki channel. Also, Honse is fantastic as a man-behind-the-scenes, playing himself off as a powerless goofball, when he's in fact a tactical genius.

However, I still hate Guesong for it, and I, unlike Honse, am eagerly awaiting the fatal beatdown Vera lays on him.

skitzophr3ak
June 29, 2009, 02:26 PM
Personally I can't wait to see Vera get hers too, in fact it would be pretty amazing if Guesong and Vera both wrecked each other in the fight. Man I'll tell you what it is not hard to hate some of the characters in this story haha.

Imperial_dao
June 29, 2009, 03:56 PM
i soo wanna spoil this thread... but i wont, how do you work the spoiler tags while posting from a cell phone?

i've been viewing the raws (since i can't read them) its fun but only if you have a great imagination.

on a personal note, i wanna see that short hair girl get her ass kicked. and what hapned to the older linus sister? i did wiki the manwha and it said some... interesting things.

Honse seems like a cool dude when he was only feet from the top, but he's done some asshole things character wise (whats up with the radish).

There are so many plot lines in this manwha i assume the static shock tiger cub, is the main story line. But there are so many things going on, i read a few chapters then he pops up out of nowhere and i'm like 'oh yea the stories about him'.

skitzophr3ak
June 29, 2009, 04:00 PM
Yuri Linus is still around, she's the one who's attempting to become a God, she runs Reunion as a whole but her little sister has quite her own group of strong followers in the form of the Student Council. I think it's safe to say the story is leaning towards a showdown between Yuri and Vera and their respective followers at some point

hehey
June 30, 2009, 04:39 AM
What i wanna know is why in the current timeline Guesong and Honse are even allies, how can Honse trust him!?

CaptFamous
June 30, 2009, 01:40 PM
What i wanna know is why in the current timeline Guesong and Honse are even allies, how can Honse trust him!?

I've been wondering that as well. It may come to light in translations.

For anyone who wants more spoilers, including plot summaries of raws, check out the forums at helz0ne or at onemanga.

Masterchief
June 30, 2009, 06:52 PM
I always thought it was a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing. I mean from what we saw in chapter 39 its pretty safe to assume that the student council and Guesong aren't friends anymore.

Aside from that does anyone else think Madoka is a little too obsessed with Vera.

Imperial_dao
June 30, 2009, 09:25 PM
Yuri Linus is still around, she's the one who's attempting to become a God, she runs Reunion as a whole but her little sister has quite her own group of strong followers in the form of the Student Council. I think it's safe to say the story is leaning towards a showdown between Yuri and Vera and their respective followers at some point

Vera's followers versus Yuri's followers... no offense dude but thats not a fight its a massacre, Yuri's followers are adults with master level techniques aren't they, Vera has a bunch of kids overloaded on artificial ki. the only fair fight i see is traditional arts versus reunion arts in the school.

About the Vera obsession, the same can be said about everyone of her supporters, especially guesong. and the same can be said with regards to Yuri and her followers.

A question, why do you think LT decided to train the cub. especially knowing they might make a move on him. it could be said that he felt his death was close so he left a disciple, but i'm not convinced.

DrunkDragon
June 30, 2009, 10:17 PM
It seems to me that Lightning Tiger trained him because he liked messing with him and taught him EOTL for the heck of it. If he passed his test, which he did, he will and if not then no he wouldn't have taught him. It just shows that the protagonist was that good at fighting.

Masterchief
June 30, 2009, 10:27 PM
I think its a combination of what both of you said. At the beginning it was all a joke to LT, but after he passed the test, he might of seen a possible successor to EOTL.

skitzophr3ak
July 01, 2009, 11:49 AM
Vera's followers versus Yuri's followers... no offense dude but thats not a fight its a massacre, Yuri's followers are adults with master level techniques aren't they, Vera has a bunch of kids overloaded on artificial ki. the only fair fight i see is traditional arts versus reunion arts in the school.

Haha well I'm not saying right away but lets be fair, Vera's got followers that are deathly loyal to her with a lot of potential. If anything I predict a timeskip showdown because as far as I can tell Vera doesn't exactly seem like the type to want to be subordinate to someone. Even Fire Dragon has commented on how far she's come so quickly. Though I will say the traditional vs reunion arts in the school is definitely going to happen at some point. My whole Linus sister showdown is just speculation for much later in the story.

Algid
July 01, 2009, 01:13 PM
Honse seems like a cool dude when he was only feet from the top, but he's done some asshole things character wise (whats up with the radish).
Technically he did the same thing lightening tiger advised (which was to sell it). He just happened to keep the money for himself.

I also noted the flashback where it was said that ki channels can never be completely closed, Honse seems to intelligent not to realize something like that.

raw spoilers:

She's actually in a coma because lightening tiger managed to overload her central nervous system or something.

CaptFamous
July 01, 2009, 03:39 PM
I think its a combination of what both of you said. At the beginning it was all a joke to LT, but after he passed the test, he might of seen a possible successor to EOTL.

I think Gangryong had him at "A man doesn't need a reason to want to be stronger." I'm sure, on some level, he was aware of his impending battle that he spoke of, but I also don't think he would have passed it on to anyone if he didn't find a suitable disciple.

Raw spoiler:

Also, I could see Fire Dragon and Yuri having their own Guesong-Vera moment after she wakes up (FYI, she's in a coma because LT used a combination of EOTL and the technique that Hayato uses to create a "feedback loop" in her nervous system), since FD is obviously super-kissy-face for her.

Onomatopoeia
July 01, 2009, 05:23 PM
Does anyone remember the fight between Vera and LT?

Vera got a couple cheap shots on him that hurt him a fair amount. LT then stated "Not even Yuri could beat me up like this" really makes you wonder what a fight between the two of them was like.

And who the hell beat the guy.

Imperial_dao
July 01, 2009, 09:12 PM
His arm was scorched so i assume director fire dragon was involved, but i doubt it was a one on one fight, i say they ganged up on him.

shouryuujo
July 02, 2009, 03:26 PM
What happened to the water user? Fire dragon sided with vera/yuri. The earth one retired?

skitzophr3ak
July 02, 2009, 04:30 PM
Liquid Shark or whatever her name was sided with Lightning Tiger against Reunion.

Onomatopoeia
July 02, 2009, 08:10 PM
New chapter is up at onemanga. (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/40/01/) Same with Download. (http://uploading.com/files/DT34WCGF/HZ.Veritas_40.rar.html)

Seems like Guesong told something very interesting to that yard play chick. Prety sure it directly relates to whatever Rud and Jeeha are planning(the rest that are in on their conspiracy). Probably a plan to take down Vera, and it's going to happen soon, hopefully by which time Gangryong will be strong enough to fight the beasts in the student council. Speaking of which seems like Gangryong's got a plan for some sort of new attack planned out.

Also Vera is a bad liar, and Madoka actually believed it. Mostly because this Hayato guy coming out of no where suddenly beating up Guesong is WAY to random.

hehey
July 03, 2009, 01:53 PM
cool, chapter 41 got realeased too!

so many other groups mentioned this chap, "Tiger Hunters", "Poor farmers descendants", and "Grudge Resolvers".

i think they have dumb names.

skitzophr3ak
July 03, 2009, 03:03 PM
Haha well their names all have to do with their Traditional Arts so I doubt they'd be very flashy or extravagant

Masterchief
July 09, 2009, 10:50 PM
Damn Guesong is looking pretty favorable in the fight. Oh and new chapters out for anyone who cares and didn't know.

zagorka
July 10, 2009, 05:30 AM
Looks like Guesong is going to use something similar to Life Wish. This fight is just starting. I suppose it will take up the next 3-4 chapters. I'm dying to see Gangroung fight again though.

skitzophr3ak
July 10, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm sure it won't take that long, fights in Veritas are usually pretty to the point, it shouldn't take much longer than two more chapters

Imperial_dao
July 11, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yea and then guesong gets owned, supremely! i would say spoiler warning but seriously whoever can't see it coming has veritas boobage blocking their site... i love this manwha, lots of violence and shameless fan service...

(insert spoiler tag)

Its gonna be a while until the next fight after this right? i dont even know whoes gonna fight next... i'm gonna go view some raws.

Snipo
July 19, 2009, 04:19 AM
when will volume 9 raw be out? ;)

boemshiika
July 19, 2009, 07:57 AM
i can't believe honse forgave guesong after what he did to him, and even went far as to let him join his little 9 dragons clique (how the hell can you do that to yo brotha).

vera is on her way to the arena. i get the feeling she's on the verge of losing it. what is it that she wants with the old farts anyway(are they the ones hiding yuri? or she after LT??).

CaptFamous
July 19, 2009, 09:16 PM
i can't believe honse forgave guesong after what he did to him, and even went far as to let him join his little 9 dragons clique (how the hell can you do that to yo brotha).

vera is on her way to the arena. i get the feeling she's on the verge of losing it. what is it that she wants with the old farts anyway(are they the ones hiding yuri? or she after LT??).

Yeah, Guesong is a douche.

I'm under the impression that Vera is trying to challenge her sister's status as the legitimate successor to the Arts of Heaven's Rich Strength. In order to do that, she needs the support of various elders in the martial arts community. See here (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/29/07/) for when Fire Dragon makes sure Ancient Wood doesn't support Vera.

boemshiika
July 22, 2009, 03:08 AM
I'm under the impression that Vera is trying to challenge her sister's status as the legitimate successor to the Arts of Heaven's Rich Strength. In order to do that, she needs the support of various elders in the martial arts community.
to become one shouldn't yuri have to die or at least pass it down. why els would she send assassins after the elders if she wasn't trying to kill her/?

something tells all hell breakes loose on graduation day. is that when honse gets his revenge i wonder?/ rud too. hell now that think about it the 9 dragons consist mostly of members wanting revenge.

CaptFamous
July 22, 2009, 07:03 AM
to become one shouldn't yuri have to die or at least pass it down. why els would she send assassins after the elders if she wasn't trying to kill her/?

something tells all hell breakes loose on graduation day. is that when honse gets his revenge i wonder?/ rud too. hell now that think about it the 9 dragons consist mostly of members wanting revenge.

I don't think Hayato was sent to kill the elder. If you go here (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/24/02/), they talk about how being the legit successor involves being recognized by the elders. It seems like a fairly political position.

shouryuujo
July 23, 2009, 02:07 PM
i am surprised there's not much romance in this especially with the mangaka "showing off" a lot of the girls here heh

CaptFamous
July 23, 2009, 03:56 PM
i am surprised there's not much romance in this especially with the mangaka "showing off" a lot of the girls here heh

Well, it is essentially a shounen battle story. Also, there are some interesting "romantic" angles, but they're all minor parts of minor characters' stories, so they don't get much screentime. Also, a lot of them are weird.

The main character is an ineffectual loner who's less than good-looking and bad with girls, so there isn't much chance there (though Madoka doesn't seem to mind). Personally, I'm glad, because it wouldn't make any sense in this context to dedicate lots of time to "wuv". Also, just because he likes to draw sexy lady pics doesn't mean he likes to write about "feelings". Feelings are booooring. Lightning powers are unboring!

boemshiika
July 24, 2009, 01:31 PM
Also, just because he likes to draw sexy lady pics
all these boobs flying around makes the story hard to follow sometimes. but the action never disappoints.

DrunkDragon
July 24, 2009, 07:38 PM
I actually don't mind if they show some romance. As it will make the story longer and not end too quickly. But since Veritas doesn't come out as often as weekly series I say just the fights is the way to go and keep it popular.

heartangel
July 26, 2009, 11:29 AM
its highly unlikely to have romance in this sort of manga...plus gryoung is not that interested in female (even madoka reveal her liking to him)..but hey who doesn't like romance in anime ^^? stil hope gryoungXmadoka :P

shouryuujo
July 27, 2009, 09:32 AM
its highly unlikely to have romance in this sort of manga...plus gryoung is not that interested in female (even madoka reveal her liking to him)..but hey who doesn't like romance in anime ^^? stil hope gryoungXmadoka :P

madoka was probably just teasing. She will be his enemy later on imo when he goes against the student council.

DrunkDragon
July 27, 2009, 11:34 AM
madoka was probably just teasing. She will be his enemy later on imo when he goes against the student council.
I wonder about that, its possible that he joins it. That could be a nice twist.

Horror7777
August 03, 2009, 12:44 PM
HEY VOLUME 9 seems to be out see this:

http://www.haksanpub.co.kr/comics/c_detail.asp?comics_id=C2000170&comics_sub_id=9

also use google translate if u cant read korea cuz the site is korean. Btw im new to MH and this is my first post. I registered for the sole purpose of posting this.
:) i will try to be regular.

heartangel
August 07, 2009, 09:17 AM
yes...new episode....love the part where Rud look cooly at Vera to speak abt their challenge match

skitzophr3ak
August 08, 2009, 05:25 PM
Does anyone think Rud really stands a chance against Vera at all though? I think Guesong really messed up the Traditionalist faction's plans with that whole fight.

CannedJam
August 09, 2009, 12:23 AM
Does anyone think Rud really stands a chance against Vera at all though? I think Guesong really messed up the Traditionalist faction's plans with that whole fight.

Yo people, first time posting in this thread.

Yeah, Guesong did mess up the plans of the Traditionalist, but he finally got his wish. Isn't that good enough? Even if it does set the Traditionalist back a lot XD

skitzophr3ak
August 10, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm still curious to see how this plays out in the whole Vera's faction vs Yuri's. It really seems that things are heading in that direction since Guesong mentioned Vera resenting the attention her older sister got even when she was little. I gotta wonder if Yuri will do something that will make Rud, Jeeha, and the rest of the Traditionalists merge with Vera's followers to face a larger threat coming from Yuri and her followers?

CannedJam
August 10, 2009, 03:42 PM
I gotta wonder if Yuri will do something that will make Rud, Jeeha, and the rest of the Traditionalists merge with Vera's followers to face a larger threat coming from Yuri and her followers?

You know, I thought the same thing. Even when my friend was trying to get me into it by explaining what was currently going on, I figured/wondered if some sort of merging to defeat something greater than themselves would happen.

Of course, after their objective is complete they'll go back to settling their own problems with each other, because I doubt fighting some greater force would bring the traditonalist and the reunion fighters together in one big happy family, if it does..then, thats gonna reallllly suck.

kangclaw
August 14, 2009, 04:35 AM
From Helzone forums posted by MILEVETS:
At that time when Anichella VS Guhoo, Principal Yuri (vera's older sis) helped Guhoo(nobody know that excepet Guhoo) and paralyzed Anichella with her power.

so that Guhoo could kill Ani.

AND

Infact Honse succeed to revive his Ki channel for last 4 years,
than he finally chellenge to Vera.

In Korea the manwha is past chapter 75.

I am curious, as to, what Rud can do against Vera, after she demonstrated her ability. I don't think that Rud is the cheating type.

I wonder if Honse and Guesong planned it together to destroy or pretend to destroy Honse's Ki points or something. It seemed odd and really cruel, that Guesong would do what he did to Honse, especially when they seemed so close. Could it be that Hayato lied about the Ki channels be destroyed. Its just a guess work so far.

We have seen to to some extent how Rud fights; I would like to see Jeeha and Honse fights. Honse must have some powerful techniques. I wonder what techniques he has developed?

Then there is the looming threat of Yuri Linus, Fire Dragon and her crew. I want to what part Gangryoung plays in the upcoming conflicts. Guesong seemed to know something about whats going to happen in the near future?

boemshiika
August 15, 2009, 10:28 AM
30 YEARS WORTH OF KI stacked up?! this is just ridiculous, i mean even goku ran out of energy once in a while, the body even contain that much?. she must be preparing for one fearsome showdown (like the elders maybe).

its alot of KI but i bet you its all muddy KI not like what LT had, is this what they need from Gangryoung i wonder, this technique that purifies KI.

skitzophr3ak
August 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
Well the new chapter's out, definitely looks like a storm is brewing, something big is going to happen in the next few chapter.

CaptFamous
August 16, 2009, 01:29 PM
From Helzone forums posted by MILEVETS:
At that time when Anichella VS Guhoo, Principal Yuri (vera's older sis) helped Guhoo(nobody know that excepet Guhoo) and paralyzed Anichella with her power.

so that Guhoo could kill Ani.

AND

Infact Honse succeed to revive his Ki channel for last 4 years,
than he finally chellenge to Vera.

Interesting. That leads me to think that Yuri did it, not to help Vera, but because she feared Anichella's technique, which was apparently quite potent against Heaven's Rich Strength.

And regarding Honse -WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

30 YEARS WORTH OF KI stacked up?! this is just ridiculous, i mean even goku ran out of energy once in a while, the body even contain that much?. she must be preparing for one fearsome showdown (like the elders maybe).

its alot of KI but i bet you its all muddy KI not like what LT had, is this what they need from Gangryoung i wonder, this technique that purifies KI.

I think what they mean by that is that she has the Ki of someone who has been training for 30 years, not enough Ki to last continuously for 30 years. Also, isn't that way less than what, say, Rud has? Guesong's response to that suggested that she had surprisingly little. My guess is that after she lost to LT, he said something about how artificial ki was getting in her way, and that she should just focus on honing what she had, like he told Gangryong. And of course she listened, because he makes her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

HellooXD
August 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
Well the new chapter's out, definitely looks like a storm is brewing, something big is going to happen in the next few chapter.

I agree, Something big is going to happen, I loookslike Vera is going to fight again. :)

CaptFamous
August 20, 2009, 01:06 PM
Well that was pointless. I have a tiny fraction of a better idea of what happened in that chapter than I did from reading the raws. At least I can still look forward to the helz0ne release.

skitzophr3ak
August 20, 2009, 01:19 PM
Haha yea, I don't know what was up with that scanlation but I couldn't follow it at all

Polemidis
August 20, 2009, 01:32 PM
well.. some ppl work to make the translations but... what the hell is going on with chapt 48 ?

CaptFamous
August 20, 2009, 02:07 PM
It's just a new group, their name doesn't look familiar to me. Honestly, it seems like it was Babelfished.

kangclaw
August 20, 2009, 03:15 PM
Good effort but the english needs improvement, thanks for the effort.:)

I got some idea of what they were saying but what is IDTR? It sounds like a lost art even Lightning Tiger couldn't complete? and the Heaven Riches five path arts were all opponents of it? And Ganryoung might learn it. It sounds like a very powerful art. I am getting really excited.

skitzophr3ak
August 20, 2009, 03:40 PM
Well at least we now know why Fire Dragon called him the "Incomplete" Earth Beast

Massuti
August 20, 2009, 05:10 PM
The real stuff is here people
http://mangahelpers.com/s/helz0ne/details/48226

Sounds like Lightning Tiger can be owned with some effort ^^

And Vera's looking for some fun at... Bro's house?

kangclaw
August 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks to Helzone, nice chapter; got some clarification.So reunion tried to revive the forms and styles of ETOL. But I suspect that Lightning Tiger taught all Gangryoung needs to know to master ETOL. The masters of ETOL got rid of forms and styles. But it might be helpful to Gangryoung but may be unnecessary.

hehey
August 20, 2009, 09:01 PM
meh, Gangryong doesn't need this "EOTL Forms and styles" bullshit, the masters of EOTL got rid of that crap for a reason, LT said EOTL is something you make your own, all you need is the ki manipulation. Though its obvious Gangryong wont care about any of it, since he only listens to the strongest guys he meets (and LT is still top dog of that list).

CaptFamous
August 20, 2009, 09:38 PM
I could him cherry-picking it very effectively. We'll see. Everything's progressing so fast that the story can't last for that long (relatively speaking), but it makes it so awesome to read every week.

skitzophr3ak
August 20, 2009, 10:14 PM
Well I'm guessing there's going to be other stuff than just what's going on in the school I mean there's very clearly bound to be a clash between Vera and Yuri though I can't imagine what would come after that maybe a showdown with some other martial arts organization similar to Reunion?

sharingan_kakashi
August 21, 2009, 08:23 PM
this Manhwa is awesome! how come i never heard of it before. i just spend the entire day reading this manga. I cant stop reading it, the art is awesome the storyline is deep, and the characters are great (they seem too straightforward though).
I havent completely understood what theyre fighting about but i grasped the plot. can anyone tell me if this is weekly or monthly?

skitzophr3ak
August 21, 2009, 10:26 PM
It's weekly as far as I know and as to what they're fighting about so far it's Traditional martial artists who want to keep their arts to themselves fighting against Reunion who basically takes traditional arts and then packages them as sort of McMartial Arts packages that don't take any real skill to pick up. So basically the Traditional Artists don't want their martial arts taken and abused like that.

CaptFamous
August 22, 2009, 02:19 AM
We get the scans weekly, but scans are a ways behind the Korean publication. I would assume, as it's a comparative shounen, that it's weekly, but I couldn't say for sure.

It's also a bit complicated to figure out exactly what people are fighting about. The way the story is structured, we've basically stepped in a the end of a long series of events, and using selective flashbacks, we're slowly told what's already happened. Also, there are three major battles going on. One is Lightning Tiger and co. against Yuri Linus, older sister of Vera and the officially recognized Heaven's Riches successor, over her desire to become, essentially, God.

The second is Vera and the school faction loyal to Reunion vs. the traditional successors who were largely strong-armed into coming to the school. This is a fairly young rivalry, based entirely upon events that have happened since the school was founded, and artificial ki was discovered. Typical high school stuff + super powers.

The last is the subtle battle between Vera and Yuri for the right to be the official successor. Yuri is currently recognized due to her being the eldest, and the fact that people were eager to find a successor after a long gap since the last one. Apparently, however, Vera is the more talented one.

kangclaw
August 22, 2009, 04:49 AM
Vol 9 raw is out. Really good and lots of action.
I wonder what Vera was saying at the end of the volume 9?

Flolex
August 22, 2009, 05:53 AM
Man, Fire Dragon is such a Badass... using his corpse for the fun of it

kangclaw
August 22, 2009, 08:49 AM
He definitely is amazing, and those were some of his techniques.I wander what he was saying to Hayato when grabbed him and was about o burn him?

skitzophr3ak
August 22, 2009, 11:10 AM
Man I can't believe they did that to Guesong. Also finally we get to see Jeeha fight a little thank god! And who is that girl in the big hat? Have we seen her before?

kangclaw
August 22, 2009, 01:00 PM
He everyone I copied some of the post from the Veritas thread at the winny forum at jcafe.
Teqq is the one who give the a brief summary of vol.9 and dark mage give some info.
It answers some of the questions we had about about vol 9 thanks to those guys:)
Gangryoung is a baddass:)
http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=7069.400#msg346232

Teqq
Vera's just pissed because she had told them not to be fighting and if the officers are doing crap like that what would people think. So she tells all of them who are standing there now (the 6 of them) that the officers election meeting next year in March is closed to them (they're barred). So, Kangryong is like, "What? so that doesn't affect me, then, right?" and the others are pleading. Then she says she'll be taking care of everything about the school herself, since the one who suffers the punishment from missteps taken by the officers is her. Then she ends with, "Just do everything I say!"

Other notes... Hayato was trying to get them to take Madoka out of there but she had been okay, actually, and Yuhwa used her controlling strands on her to help her toss the fire dragon dude and whatnot. He thought Yuhwa was the one to help Park Hyunmi (the girl who was fighting the "dummy" earlier) but Yuhwa told him she can't exactly help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Oh, about the Hyunmi fight... Yuhwa (on the other side of that wall) was telling Hyunmi (aka GombengEeSweh aka the current leader of Gwehsung's old group) that she can't possibly win against the dummy that had been infused (by fire guy's orders) with Gwehsung's nervous system. You can see the dummy using his techniques earlier in the fight. And Hyunmi's like, "Oh, so you're like Madoka... you think of me only as I was back then." When Gwehsung chose to be with Vera rather than be their leader, Hyunmi had told him to give up the name of Iron Puppet. (This part is in the flashback:) Gwehsung was like, "and give it up to who? who has the skills to deserve taking that name from me?" (rhetorical question). He tells them to not get it wrong: all he gave up was being their leader -- he is going to keep the name.

Dark mage

who was the guy Vera was having lunch with? Why did they suddenly start fighting with the Fire Dragon? Why did Gangryong join the fight? What was Fire Dragon saying at the end, when his knees buckled and he coughed up blood?

Teqq
1) She was eating with her father. He still has this notion that Yuri still has much to do and once she recovers blahbalh. Vera leaves him there implying she'd just go kill off the comatose Yuri to end all speculation. Of course, once she's in the car, she knows something's up for the fire dragon guy to have even go so far as to get her father to do something. So since she knows there's a reason the fire guy wanted her out of the school, she tells the driver Togwi to head back as fast as possible.

2) Madoka and Hayato wanted him to end the test since it was obvious the fire guy had had the dummy programmed and infused with Gwehsung's skills and nervous system. (Yuhwa had been the original programmer for these dummies a while ago but the docs told her while she was checking on what was going on that the current state of the program would be unrecognizable to her since so much has changed.) The fire guy basically said fat chance and if they tried to intervene, he'd stop them. So then they challenged him so that they could end the test going on below them and because of his control of his surrounding area he knocked them out in an instant. etc.

3) Gangryong has no idea what's going on. When Hyunmi was fighting the test dummy he had been waiting for her to finish her test so that he could have his own test. But she took forever and he was mighty pissed at her for taking so long and then the fight above them had escalated and Gangryong obviously was unable to start his own test run and when you do see him burst through the door, Heunseh is trying to block him from entering and Gangryong's yelling he's waited long enough he wants his turn, etc. And he bursts through and is like, "... huh? wtf? is this...fire?" and wondering when he can start his own test and Rude says, "oh. yeah ummm yeah this is a type of test but the opponent is fire dragon and not a dummy." So Gangryong's all fired up since he's got all this energy pent up inside and starts attacking.

4) He wobbles and says, "For me to be put into this condition by the 6 of them... Lightning Tiger (Nwe Ho) would surely be laughing/sneering at me. Is this what Yuri had been worrying about? I think I can understand now. In a few years, I won't be able to guarantee the victor. If I can't keep those kids restrained, it'll get dangerous [for me], for sure.

By the way, (was it you?.. I'll go back a page or two later..don't feel like it now..) someone thought Vera had stopped the fire. That's not true. When Gangryong concentrated his Lightning Energy Destruction/Flash/whatever-could-mean-a-bunch-of-things-if-I-don't-see-the-hanja (Nweh Gong Sum) into one hit instead of two, that's when he disrupted the fire hemisphere. The hole he blew in the ceiling went through the street and flipped the car Vera was in over. That's what fire dude remarks on at the top of page 204. He acknowledges Gangryong's been working on his move.

Dark mage

Oh thanks for answering my questions. That cleared up alot of my confusion and yeah it was me who thought Vera was the one to stop the fire because looking at the pictures it looked something like that. But now that you have told me it was indeed Gangryoong that means our Hero is really becoming a badass like his master

skitzophr3ak
August 22, 2009, 04:20 PM
Oh man Gangryong is really getting badass, damn I am so pumped for volume 9 now

sharingan_kakashi
August 24, 2009, 01:06 PM
this might be a dumb question, but can anyone tell me what veritas is? Yuri said she is goping to create her own veritas. im not sure what she meant.

Flolex
August 24, 2009, 05:39 PM
Woah, difficult. Veritas is either the Goddess of truth or an asteroid. I believe the first one makes sense

skitzophr3ak
August 24, 2009, 05:47 PM
Yea Veritas is latin for 'truth' and like Flolex said it's also the name of a Goddess. So it would make sense that the name somehow refers to Yuri and what she's up to by trying to become a god, or maybe not, maybe the author just thought the name sounded cool.

Vexor
August 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
i got from this thread that veritas is weekly but when do normally the scans come out? friday? saturday? or even earlier?

e: and the spoiler? :)

skitzophr3ak
August 26, 2009, 12:16 PM
Usually the scans come out around Saturday I think

CaptFamous
August 26, 2009, 03:30 PM
Scans are typically scheduled for Thursday. A recent one came out on Saturday due to site problems at helz0ne. Also, there is no weekly spoiler release, because the scans are at least 2 volumes behind. All raws are available for reading on MH (volumes 1 and 7 are listed as Korean, while all the others are listed as Japanese in order to group them with raws).

And if, by chance, reading this inspires you to ask "well, why don't they catch the scans up", I would suggest that you don't.

skitzophr3ak
August 26, 2009, 03:39 PM
Why do you suggest he shouldn't ask that, because now you've piqued my curiosity as well haha

DrunkDragon
August 26, 2009, 04:43 PM
Doesn't Veritas raw chapters come out in a bi-weekly release? Thats what I heard over at Jcafe.

You shouldn't ask because they will get angry at you for asking. Plus I think they have their own scans, and decided to release 1 chapter a week, Thursday, Until they catch up so there wont be a withdrawal of veritas were they to try to release everything at once.

kangclaw
August 30, 2009, 04:38 AM
Chapter 49 is out. Yay, :)

I wonder how strong Gangryoung is at the moment of the latest chapter scanned?

P.S.
I have to admit I don't understand Honse attitude towards Guesong, unless he is pretending, which I doubt.

They release fairly regularly and in good quality compared to the raws. I can understand that they have a lot on their plate and sometimes they have site problems.

CaptFamous
August 31, 2009, 02:30 PM
Raw-based prediction in the spoiler tag. Avoid if you don't want to know what happens.

Things we learned in this chapter:
Vera's sister Yuri placed a seal of some kind on her (I assume on her ki)
Vera has been avoiding showing Fire Dragon her powers

In an upcoming untranslated chapter, we return via flashback to the scene where LT has just hit Vera with his EOTL-void strike. He walks over to her, and she seems scared, and then, after some exchange of words, he zaps her (very seductively so, in fact).

My theory: LT noticed the seal on her somehow, and decided that if Yuri put it there, he might as well get rid of it. Now, Vera is unsealed, and wants to make sure that Fire Dragon doesn't figure it out.

LT "broke her seal". No wonder she's so obsessed with him.

skitzophr3ak
August 31, 2009, 04:01 PM
Fire Dragon is damn scary when he's angry, I know I sure wouldn't like to piss him off

Spydey
September 02, 2009, 02:08 PM
I gotta tell ya. After Tenjou Tenge slowing down with the releases I got scared I wouldn't find anymore good mangas(err Manwha i guess O.o) to read. Then BOOM! I read Veritas when it first came out and I've loved it sense. Good story, good action, illustration, and good characters. Especially the main character. He's not some cheesy guy wanting to get stronger so he could protect a boat load of people he doesn't know, or to ensure the future of the next generation, like you see in EVERY comic or anime. Just a dude, wanting to get stronger because he likes to fight and wants to be the best. Then he wants to avenge his teacher. Total Baddass love it. Hopefully they won't get carried away with it like in Tenjou Tenge.

kangclaw
September 04, 2009, 09:03 AM
Chapter 50 is out by HelzOne. Nice chapter.
Now we know who he Gangryoung might be fighting. Also we find out more bout the girl with the hat. Surprising that she is a member of the yard play faction and that her family had a connection with people of Reunion before Reunion existed; and that they were instrumental in the design of the Dummy Technology. Also a surprise that Shinra would choose Fire Dragon and betray Vera? Could she be learning Fire Dragons Art? Just a guess.

skitzophr3ak
September 04, 2009, 11:45 AM
I have a hunch Fire Dragon is using Shinra's relationship with Guhoo as leverage or something, it doesn't seem like Shinra would be the type to betray Vera so easily. Fire Dragon has something on her that's he using to twist her arm I think

kangclaw
September 08, 2009, 08:47 AM
That could also be it.

DrunkDragon
September 09, 2009, 05:36 PM
Oh thanks for bringing that up I almost missed that.

kangclaw
September 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
Chapter 51 is out by HelzOne. :)

Majek
September 11, 2009, 06:14 PM
So since i only started reading this, well i got to chapter 50 and i love it. How far is Veritas scanlated, 51 chapters is what in volumes?
Tnx for an answer.

skitzophr3ak
September 11, 2009, 08:11 PM
51 was the end of Volume 7, I think there are 9 out so far

Majek
September 12, 2009, 10:37 AM
Tnx. I've skipped through volume 8 and 9 raws and damn some good stuff is coming up. Can't wait for scanlations to get that far o.ob

Avi
September 14, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hmmm that means 8 more chapters of raws, but then 2-4 months would pass by before we catch up, making it 10-12 raw chapters. Oooh I love Veritas.

Tenkens
September 26, 2009, 02:01 PM
anyone know whats going on with chapter 53? or is there no chapter this week from helz0ne

skitzophr3ak
September 29, 2009, 12:55 PM
53's out but damn it's going to be helz0ne's last release on MH apparently...

DrunkDragon
September 29, 2009, 06:45 PM
Well, they could just give us updates here in the forum to know when its out or a link to their site. Or would that be considered the same? If so we could just give a heads up when they are out. That's how it used to be like back in the day.

Sigh, that last sentence made me feel way older then I am >_>

Patta
October 05, 2009, 04:17 AM
Does anyone know what Guesong said to his vice (the woman which is second in command in Yard Plays Fraction)? It's in the 9th volume after his flashback which concerned his nickname which he kept after surrendering his title as leader or so I think.

skitzophr3ak
October 05, 2009, 09:43 AM
Something along the lines of "Which one of you could actually take it from me?", he was essentially saying even if they disapproved he wasn't going to give up his title because none of them were strong enough to challenge him for it.

sabret00the
October 06, 2009, 05:37 AM
Is this project being actively brought up to date (in the same way that UDDUP and HSDK was) or is it being scanlated as a weekly with no onus on bring up to date?. I'm merely curious, and asking the question.

CaptFamous
October 06, 2009, 09:12 AM
I believe that I once heard that this series is released biweekly in Korea, so we're slowly catching up.

Patta
October 06, 2009, 12:58 PM
Something along the lines of "Which one of you could actually take it from me?", he was essentially saying even if they disapproved he wasn't going to give up his title because none of them were strong enough to challenge him for it.

Thanks a lot! I began reading Veritas two weeks ago so I am very curious about every new information since the release is very irregular. But what did he said espacially in this (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/40/13/) page. It seems to be important for the future selection in 5 months.

And is this thread fit for theories and dscussing chapters? The manga is in the coming and not very popular yet (OM rank 42). Sure it will take a while for such a well-managed forum like for the big three mangas but is it possible to open other sub-threads for Veritas?

sabret00the
October 06, 2009, 01:42 PM
Stick all Veritas talk in here. If this thread gets mega popular, it will then get a sub-forum.

DrunkDragon
October 06, 2009, 04:29 PM
Anyone know what's the latest chapter that out in Korea?

Quetz
October 06, 2009, 05:14 PM
Is this project being actively brought up to date (in the same way that UDDUP and HSDK was) or is it being scanlated as a weekly with no onus on bring up to date?. I'm merely curious, and asking the question.

What is UDDUP?

Also, I know that there are 9 volumes out in korea, but I can't find the number.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16971
See the picture in my sig? I, a person of zero experience (and questionable talent) threw that together with photoshop, because I feel that the series it links to is well worth your time to read. Why would I do this? Because it's just that good. Click the pic, and read the story.

sabret00the
October 07, 2009, 07:16 AM
What is UDDUP?

Until Death Do Us Part: http://mangahelpers.com/m/until-death

CaptFamous
October 07, 2009, 09:57 AM
Members of the Helz0ne team have said before that they have no intention of a massive catch-up. Not enough time, and I think they just prefer doing the weekly releases (target for Thursday). However, since a weekly release is twice as fast as the original chapters are being produced, it's still sort of a catch-up.

sabret00the
October 08, 2009, 05:06 AM
54 is out.

thornofcarrion
October 13, 2009, 12:27 AM
The chapter was pretty decent. So now intentions of both parties are quite open. Hell will broke lose when they will face each other. Can't wait for the next chapters.

Patta
October 15, 2009, 03:39 PM
Chap 55 is out by helz0ne.

CBlitz
October 16, 2009, 10:48 AM
sweet, this manwha is pretty cool, I love the art

sharingan_kakashi
October 17, 2009, 11:49 AM
i did not see that coming! Lightning Tiger using Northern broad strike! this is too awesome. This is perhaps one reason why Lightning Tiger took Gangryong as an apprentice. They are both brawler types, both possessing a formless form of fighting style.

CBlitz
October 17, 2009, 08:04 PM
I wonder how powerful Vera is, since Fire Dragon is pretty wary of her

sabret00the
October 18, 2009, 06:15 AM
i did not see that coming! Lightning Tiger using Northern broad strike! this is too awesome. This is perhaps one reason why Lightning Tiger took Gangryong as an apprentice. They are both brawler types, both possessing a formless form of fighting style.
is that what gangryong is missing?

clamz
October 20, 2009, 12:46 PM
Chap 55 is out by helz0ne.

Where?!?! i can't find anything on MH, (except portugese or spanish releases) and onemanga has been falling behind with helz0ne for the past 3 releases. is there anywhere i can read this online, at this moment?

Patta
October 20, 2009, 12:55 PM
Where?!?! i can't find anything on MH, (except portugese or spanish releases) and onemanga has been falling behind with helz0ne for the past 3 releases. is there anywhere i can read this online, at this moment?

No, but if you are registered at helz0ne-forums (http://helz0ne.zone-anime.com/forum/index.php) you can download it there.

TheRyuu
October 21, 2009, 02:11 PM
That particular scanlating group seems to have incredibly stringent rules concerning their releases. Does anyone know of any active Korean to English translations of Veritas so we could perhaps facilitate the release of this Manwha that's yet to be caught up to release? o_o"

skitzophr3ak
October 21, 2009, 06:10 PM
Oh and don't bother looking on MH anymore for Veritas updates besides this thread because helz0ne has officially ended their relationship with MH

CaptFamous
October 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
No, but if you are registered at helz0ne-forums (http://helz0ne.zone-anime.com/forum/index.php) you can download it there.

Or you can just download it from their "Guest Releases" tab. Personally, I like having it released a bit slowly (even though I've already looked at the raws). Gives me something else to look forward to every week.

DrunkDragon
October 22, 2009, 01:58 AM
Same here, I'd rather have weekly releases until we catch up; instead of catching up to the current raw and waiting two weeks or a month for raw to come out, can't remember if it was published in a bi-weekly or monthly magazine.

Patta
October 22, 2009, 06:07 AM
Same here, I'd rather have weekly releases until we catch up; instead of catching up to the current raw and waiting two weeks or a month for raw to come out, can't remember if it was published in a bi-weekly or monthly magazine.

It's published bi-weekly.

sabret00the
October 22, 2009, 10:19 AM
HZ's rules are that sites like OM wait two weeks to host releases, it's dumb, especially give the fact that most screens are getting smaller and so hosting online is the best way for people with modern day mobile computing technology to view the releases.

skitzophr3ak
October 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
What is with their super stringent release rules? Making sites wait literally weeks before they can host a release seems way more harmful than helpful

DrunkDragon
October 23, 2009, 05:49 AM
I don't really mind the rules, just that I wish it was easier to find out when they release other then having to check their forums all the time. Anyone know if they post their releases other than their site to get attention?

Katz
October 23, 2009, 07:51 PM
Well, I picked up this manga today, just out of the blue, WOW totally amazed by it, this is BY FAR one of the most un-rated manga's I've ever laid eyes on, glad to find that there's a good number of ppl that have enjoyed this series as much as I have.

Patta
October 24, 2009, 01:43 PM
Chap 56 is out on helz0ne-forums.

sharingan_kakashi
October 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
as long as someone here reminds me that its out over there i can go find it. So thanks for reminding us Patta.

thornofcarrion
October 26, 2009, 01:26 AM
Just read the chapter, it was a really good one. There was no fight in it, yet little flashbacks about LT were interesting. Most thrilled I was to see the prospect of Gangryong vs. Hayato. Gangryong should lose this battle but he may do something to surprise Hayato.

May be Northern Board Strike is what Ganryong needs to incorporate in his fighting style. It will brighten his chances against his opponent when he fights for the council seat. In a way, Hayato will be returning the favor back to LT.

sabret00the
October 26, 2009, 07:59 AM
I think he may end up learning Southern Broad Strike.

Epic_Rider
October 28, 2009, 12:09 PM
I doubt Gangryong's gonna end up learning that style, at least right now since the only one he can learn it from is that guy Guk Taeyang.
Also Madoka has a lot of nerve asking Rud and Jeeha if they don't think Guesong's death was their faults when she tried to seriously kill him that one time.

Pavitre
November 01, 2009, 05:18 AM
Can someone explain to me how the northern broad strike user with the irritating grin(he's hayato I think), survived gangryong's special electric attacks. I eman he didn't even fallback, he was standing there as if nothing happened, wth kind of style is northern broad style.
In the flashbacks it was mentioned that northern and southern broad strike's are on par with the heaven's ritches styles, so it also means that they are on par with EOTL, but this guy didn't even flitch
he reminds me of Gin from Bleach, who's face I personally wanna pummel till he stops smiling, seriously, he was getting pummeled by Lightning Tiger and now this sudden arrogant smile really has to be shut down by gangryong

sabret00the
November 01, 2009, 08:55 AM
it's not the first time that gangryong's attacks have been nullified, i doubt it's the last.

Patta
November 02, 2009, 04:52 AM
Chap 57 is out!

Guess that Mummy-guy will be more badass than thought, with at least the breathing technique of Anichella's martial art.

CaptFamous
November 02, 2009, 05:22 PM
Can someone explain to me how the northern broad strike user with the irritating grin(he's hayato I think), survived gangryong's special electric attacks. I eman he didn't even fallback, he was standing there as if nothing happened, wth kind of style is northern broad style.
In the flashbacks it was mentioned that northern and southern broad strike's are on par with the heaven's ritches styles, so it also means that they are on par with EOTL, but this guy didn't even flitch
he reminds me of Gin from Bleach, who's face I personally wanna pummel till he stops smiling, seriously, he was getting pummeled by Lightning Tiger and now this sudden arrogant smile really has to be shut down by gangryong

Raw-related response:

Hayato's NBS techniques seem to have the ability to temporarily halt ki flow. He can use it on either his own body, or Gang's, to stop the lightning attacks from circulating. All he has to do is get the timing right, it seems. Interestingly, Gang decides to use the blocks Hayato sets up to do his 'super-filtering' technique that Honse thinks is so dangerous.

Also, he got pummelled by LT before he learned the real NBS. Now he's the one with superior experience and technique, so it makes sense that he'd be able to screw around with Gang. Plus, he's currently the second most powerful student at the school, behind Vera.

Inne
November 02, 2009, 11:01 PM
can someone please point in the direction as to where to download raw Veritas chapters that are from volume 9 and onwards such as chapter 75

btw pm if u can about this please

Patta
November 03, 2009, 07:31 AM
can someone please point in the direction as to where to download raw Veritas chapters that are from volume 9 and onwards such as chapter 75

Here (http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/48545) is the link but unfortunately chapters as 75 or 76 are not in a volume yet.

thornofcarrion
November 05, 2009, 12:23 AM

I guess it is clear from the latest chapter, that Ganryong's is lacking Ki, which causes the real damage to opponents as strong as Hayato.

We will be shown more about Northern Board Strike in few chapters, I hope. Hayato must have became more stronger, as compared to the time when he fought LT. The training with Suk Taeyang must have helped him a lot. I think he is one of the candidates who can take on vera, may be not now but in the future.

This manga is becoming better and better. The little info about Anachelli Yu and her style was intriguing. How Hayato toyed with Gangryong, I wanted to see him fight for reals to some equal opponent. Gangryong's behavior, as usual, was entertaining.

Katz
November 05, 2009, 01:10 AM
I may have possibly missed the absolute solid proof, I didnt take in the entire manga, its definitely a re-read, but has it be proven without a doubt that Lighting Tiger is infact dead? or just running around with one arm?, feel free to make me look like a complete retard if I missed a very obvious sign...besides the entire arm bone in the case.

ameya730
November 05, 2009, 01:22 AM
I may have possibly missed the absolute solid proof, I didnt take in the entire manga, its definitely a re-read, but has it be proven without a doubt that Lighting Tiger is infact dead? or just running around with one arm?, feel free to make me look like a complete retard if I missed a very obvious sign...besides the entire arm bone in the case.

no i dont think its been conclusively stated that lightening tiger died in the fight IIRC

even when fire dragon takes gangryong to where yuri is he states that LT sacrificed his arm for the final strike on yuri which resulted in her going in a coma like state

i think or rather i hope LT is alive cause he was a awesome character

thornofcarrion
November 05, 2009, 03:14 AM

You made me do work, I didn't exactly remembered it but I found this (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/22/24/) page. Vera told Madoka to stop her search for LT since his body was found.

@ameya730 : "i think or rather i hope LT is alive cause he was a awesome character"

Seconded, I just wished we could see more ogf him. His character is one of my favorite.

Katz
November 05, 2009, 04:16 AM
Hmm seems pretty concrete, we'll see what happens I guess, hopefully if he is truly infact dead, we'll see alot more flashbacks of him, I know it was to push the plot forward but I think it was a mistake killing such a kick ass character/

dbgohan08
November 05, 2009, 02:29 PM
is volume 10 out?

Patta
November 09, 2009, 02:09 PM
is volume 10 out?

Not yet, but probably in the middle of december if you check out the dates of the uploaded volumes so far.
[hr]
Chap 58 is out!

Katz
November 09, 2009, 08:59 PM
Where can u read it at?

Josl
November 09, 2009, 10:18 PM
Where can u read it at?

You can download it her:
http://helz0ne.zone-anime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1803

or you can wait 48 hours before it appears on OneManga

Katz
November 09, 2009, 10:37 PM
Ahh ok, didnt know about the whole 48hr thing, thanks - and of course after reading chap. 58 its right there on the extra page /facepalm

Anyhow, a rather epic chapter IMHO, not gonna spoiler anything but Gangryong is rapidly improving.

sabret00the
November 10, 2009, 08:14 AM
Not a bad chapter, but why does it feel like there's been no progress for Gangryong in 20 chapters. I know he's showing some growth, but he's showing zero advancement. he's just getting stronger while remaining the weakest.

Katz
November 10, 2009, 08:40 AM
Good way to put it "he's just getting stronger while remaining the weakest.", hopefully this will change.

CaptFamous
November 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
Good way to put it "he's just getting stronger while remaining the weakest.", hopefully this will change.

Good way to put it, but not really accurate. Is he really the weakest, or is he just fighting stronger and stronger opponents? Think he'd still lose to the Life Wisher? And anyway, this isn't one of those basic fight-to-the-top stories. At no point did Gangryong say that his goal was to beat everyone and rule the school; he usually specifically says that he doesn't care. This is probably exactly how he wants it to be going.

There are a lot of different things happening, and Gangryong's flying below the radar is a big part of that. Anyone who's just looking to see Gang win fights is missing out.

sabret00the
November 10, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think you're overstating Gangryong's abilities and thus you're overstating the character, the manga and the author. While others have a firm path set out for him, he's simply on a ladder attempting to climb to the top, he wants to desperately accumulate strength, get on an even footing with those at the top and avenge Lightning Tiger. Yes he's attempting to go somewhat under the rader of the school, but there's no one in the student council who hasn't got a handle on him and his level of ability. Of course he cares about being the strongest, but not as to rule the school, you're right in that regard.

CaptFamous
November 10, 2009, 04:57 PM
I think you're overstating Gangryong's abilities and thus you're overstating the character, the manga and the author. While others have a firm path set out for him, he's simply on a ladder attempting to climb to the top, he wants to desperately accumulate strength, get on an even footing with those at the top and avenge Lightning Tiger. Yes he's attempting to go somewhat under the rader of the school, but there's no one in the student council who hasn't got a handle on him and his level of ability. Of course he cares about being the strongest, but not as to rule the school, you're right in that regard.

I'm not sure exactly how I overstated his abilities. I think you were understating his progress, considering how far behind he was when he got there, and how close he is to the student council now. I wasn't trying to say that he's some sort of tactical genius, as much as I was saying that Gangryong surpassing everyone and beating people up isn't what Veritas is really about.

I do think that this story is a lot more well-written and well-thought-out than most people on these boards give it credit for. For any weaknesses it may have as a stereotypical hero story, it compensates, and then some, with the complex interplay of all of the rivalries. In short, not only do I not think that Gangryong's lack of ascendance to the top is a bad thing, but I actually think it's a better story because he's not Ichigoing his way through the student council.

Pavitre
November 11, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well as expected Gangryong lost to Hayato, to think even after all that flashy techniques, hayato still managed to reverse his powers back. After that last attack I thought lol Hayato's gonna be damaged but gang went down again
Seriously how many noteworthy ppl has he defeated here? none i presume, when will the popular kids gonna start fallin down by his hands

besides we're all forgetting about that that Guhoo guyy, last time his hand was sliced by Rud. He was stronger than Rud's expectations in the last battle, and this time as well I presume he's gonna get stronger than before

thornofcarrion
November 11, 2009, 01:55 PM
Nice chapter it was, I never expected Gangy to even hurt Hayato. By me reckoning he should be no. 2. Northern Strike Board is considered to be rivaling Heaven Riches something.

Gangryong has indeed improved a lot. Its just as someone said above, he is fighting tougher and more powerful opponents. It will feel odd if he just starts to defeat top tier students in just 50+ chapters.

sabret00the
November 11, 2009, 02:08 PM
I think it's time for him to learn a form. That'll appease me at least.

skitzophr3ak
November 11, 2009, 08:25 PM
I started reading Veritas over again the other day and something struck me that I had forgotten about. Early on when Gangryong is first brought to Reunion and he has his first conversation with Fire Dragon about who killed Lightning Tiger, Fire Dragon says he won't reveal the answer until Gangryong is as strong as Lightning Tiger. Which kinda makes you wonder just how strong our boy is getting considering Fire Dragon has recently pretty much told Gangryong that Yuri was the one that killed him.

Patta
November 12, 2009, 03:14 AM
I started reading Veritas over again the other day and something struck me that I had forgotten about. Early on when Gangryong is first brought to Reunion and he has his first conversation with Fire Dragon about who killed Lightning Tiger, Fire Dragon says he won't reveal the answer until Gangryong is as strong as Lightning Tiger. Which kinda makes you wonder just how strong our boy is getting considering Fire Dragon has recently pretty much told Gangryong that Yuri was the one that killed him.

Maybe Yuri was the one LT sacrificed his arm to in order to stop her but maybe a short time after that fight he fought totally weakened against FD and lost to him due to his condition.

CaptFamous
November 12, 2009, 11:27 AM

I think it's a combination of that and manipulation. When Gangryong wasn't strong enough to handle it, he told him so to motivate him to get better. Once Gang became strong enough that FD decided it was worthwhile to test his ability to absorb the lightning ki, he needed to motivate him to do it. If he wanted, he might have been able to just make him touch her by force, but maybe it wouldn't work if Gang wasn't focused.

sharingan_kakashi
November 13, 2009, 01:54 AM
he isnt as strong as LT at that point. Do you remember what happened when he touched Yuri? yup he was barely able to lift his had off of her.

anyway. i was to discoss Hayato. im a little disappointed that northern broad strike isnt more offensive oriented. The impression i got was that LT was using Northern broad strike as a melee art that can destroy people in one shot kinda like Jeet Kune do. But Hayato's MBS is more like EOTL's reverse lightning.

thornofcarrion
November 13, 2009, 02:19 AM
Gangy is still far far away from the LT in terms of power-level. As for Hayato, I wouldn't take this fight as a measure of his fighting style. Why, well Hayato knew that Gangryong is a weakling as compared to him. He need not to go offensive against him. So he must have just played with him.

Northern Board Strike is said to be the one that can rival heaven Riches, I don't suppose it is only because it defends well. I am sure Hayato also has pretty strong offense as well.

skitzophr3ak
November 13, 2009, 10:01 AM
I don't think Gangryong is AS weak compared to Hayato as you say he is, hell Hayato himself said Gangryong was not someone he could take lightly. Also the fundamentals of NBS seems to be absorbing and re-directing an opponent's ki back at them so it's not so much a reverse EOTL it's just that anyone who uses a ki attack will basically get it thrown back at them. It only seemed like reverse EOTL because Gangryong was using EOTL.

CaptFamous
November 13, 2009, 04:50 PM
The impression i got was that LT was using Northern broad strike as a melee art that can destroy people in one shot kinda like Jeet Kune do. But Hayato's MBS is more like EOTL's reverse lightning.

Hayato's techniques make a lot of sense when you think about what LT did to Yuri. He injected almost all of his ki into her, and created a feedback loop to incapacitate her. Hayato seems to specialize in the obstruction and redirection of ki flow. You can see why it could be useful.

I think what Hayato noticed when he was watching LT fight all of those guys was that he was using a lot of the forms, spacing and footwork that are key to the effective use of the ki-reversal techniques. LT even said he wasn't overtly using NBS, because he didn't want people to figure it out. It's like watching a street fight and being able to figure out that someone is a wrestler (olympic, not pro/fake); you can't win a fight using real wrestling moves, but you can recognize certain stances and movements if you know them.

naruto+4s
November 15, 2009, 08:46 AM
new chapter out and hayato is a nine dragon wow

Patta
November 15, 2009, 11:56 AM
So Hayato gave the first hint that the strongest of the 9-Dragons is......Honse!

naruto+4s
November 15, 2009, 12:17 PM
So Hayato gave the first hint that the strongest of the 9-Dragons is......Honse!

how... when hayato said number 2 I think he implied that vera was number 1.

Patta
November 15, 2009, 12:36 PM
how... when hayato said number 2 I think he implied that vera was number 1.

Sure, but my spoiler refers to the phrase: "It may not be me, but someone who can fight you may show up..."

naruto+4s
November 15, 2009, 12:47 PM
Sure, but my spoiler refers to the phrase: "It may not be me, but someone who can fight you may show up..."

I think he means gangyong.

Epic_Rider
November 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hmm, I heard a rumor that in Chapter 75 Honse is gonna fight Vera. Any fact to it?

naruto+4s
November 15, 2009, 02:21 PM
Patta lol I just read some spoilers yea hayato does mean honse sorry

Patta
November 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
Patta lol I just read some spoilers yea hayato does mean honse sorry

No problem. ^^

sabret00the
November 16, 2009, 04:07 AM
so does that mean that all this time, honse wasn't helping gangryong, but instead harbouring knowledge and ability for himself and his eventual re-rise? ahh, that's bullshit!

and it ruined the best thing about the chapter for me too.

skitzophr3ak
November 16, 2009, 09:41 AM
This combined with the spoilers I've read

Honse's ki channels were never actually destroyed he and Hayato came up with a way to fake it

Makes me so pumped to see Honse in action, Honse may yet turn out to be one of the more awesome characters in this story

naruto+4s
November 16, 2009, 12:27 PM
This combined with the spoilers I've read

Honse's ki channels were never actually destroyed he and Hayato came up with a way to fake it

Makes me so pumped to see Honse in action, Honse may yet turn out to be one of the more awesome characters in this story
Yes I also read this spoiler. damn honse is smart:facepalm

sabret00the
November 16, 2009, 01:09 PM
where is this spoiler? i want to read it.

thornofcarrion
November 16, 2009, 01:16 PM
If indeed spoilers are correct, never saw that coming. Anywyas, the manga is becoming better and better. I am really beginning to dislike Vero.

ameya730
November 16, 2009, 02:04 PM
its actually there on wikipedia :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veritas_(manhwa)#Gu_Honse

CaptFamous
November 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
Makes sense to me. Honse is one of the most interesting characters in this story. Why keep him on the sideline? They've also made a point, several times, of saying that he's more than he seems. Knew he wasn't ready, so he figured out how to hide in plain sight. Tactical brilliance.

Also, buried somewhere in the nebulous OneManga thread are summaries of all of the raw volumes that have been released. Some of the folks who work on the scans post there often, so there's a lot of useful info, but it's lost in waves and waves of pointless chatter. If you feel like looking for it, good luck.

skitzophr3ak
November 16, 2009, 08:03 PM
I wonder if Honse might not become the new big bad after Vera is out of the way

Pavitre
November 17, 2009, 03:29 AM
it's good that Gangryong's improving in every fight, I think hayato hinted at that too.
There are just two things I want to see

1. The bandage wearing guy with the long hair. I just wanna see his grin vanish, it's freaking irritating
2. To see Vera in shock and in pain. She seems so full of herself stating that no on can beat her now

And wth is with Honse, couldn't he have started training Gang from the beginning itself, when he was getting all friendly with him. With his training from that time he could have already become much more powerful than what he's now

CaptFamous
November 17, 2009, 09:56 AM
And wth is with Honse, couldn't he have started training Gang from the beginning itself, when he was getting all friendly with him. With his training from that time he could have already become much more powerful than what he's now

Honse is a pretty devious guy. Everything he's done for Gang up to this point has been for his own interests. They had to make sure that Gang was someone that they could use before they started building him up. To them, he isn't a hero, he's just a potential weapon in their fight.

Pavitre
November 18, 2009, 12:03 AM
I read in wiki that Honse's ki channels are bloody ok and not destroyed or anything. Right now I see Fire Dragon and Vera as 2 ppl who are really hard to beat by anyone single handedly, and to top it all of Gang is only in the process of mastering only the basic EOTL tech's, there are still 2 more stages of advanced tech's left for him to discover

And is it just me or does anyone else think that there's a chance that Lightning Tiger's alive. It just seemed too sudden for him to die like that, like a ploy to employ Gang in reunion to absorb his EOTL style

naruto+4s
November 18, 2009, 02:11 PM
I read in wiki that Honse's ki channels are bloody ok and not destroyed or anything. Right now I see Fire Dragon and Vera as 2 ppl who are really hard to beat by anyone single handedly, and to top it all of Gang is only in the process of mastering only the basic EOTL tech's, there are still 2 more stages of advanced tech's left for him to discover

And is it just me or does anyone else think that there's a chance that Lightning Tiger's alive. It just seemed too sudden for him to die like that, like a ploy to employ Gang in reunion to absorb his EOTL style
Lightning flash isn't basic but advanced so his already past the basics:)

skitzophr3ak
November 18, 2009, 03:12 PM
Yea the basic techniques of EOTL are just Lightning Fist and Thunder Break

tehgrim
November 18, 2009, 04:44 PM
The spoilers were actually posted in this thread before they were posted on wiki. I've seen on mangafox that the spoilers posted there, give credit and a link back to this thread. Also the spoiler i saw on wiki, was very similar to the one posted in this thread. Ill try finding the link

bleh i cant find it ><

sabret00the
November 19, 2009, 05:02 AM
1. Fire dragon is narrow minded man, He got mad at Hayato's interruption when he had tried to assassinate Vera,
2. so he made a dummy from Chun Guesong's corpse to make Hayato depress and angry.
3. Then, as he expected, Hayato and Madoka got mad and throw down the gauntlet to him.
4. Fire Dragon really tried to kill Hayato and Madoka in the end of their showdown, so Rud , Jeeha and Yuhwa intrusion into the battle to save them.

5. Gangryong's intrusion was just an accident, he had been waiting for his Level up test at the outside of ring, but their battle took too long, so he just crash the door and joined in the battle.

Which doesn't sound too bad to be honest.

Pavitre
November 19, 2009, 12:25 PM
Lightning flash isn't basic but advanced so his already past the basics:)

Yeah sorry, he's in the first stage of advanced tech's right now and 2 more stages to go to completely master this form

skitzophr3ak
November 19, 2009, 01:55 PM
Which doesn't sound too bad to be honest.

Also I'm pretty sure Gangryong blasts a huge ass hole in the roof of the fighting ring with the perfected Lightning Flash which isn't really a major plot point....but it is badass as hell

Patta
November 19, 2009, 04:26 PM
Off topic but the helz0ne-forum is down since about 2 days. Does that mean that helz0ne also stopped working on their releases to fix their problems? Has anyone more information about that?

sabret00the
November 19, 2009, 07:01 PM
Off topic but the helz0ne-forum is down since about 2 days. Does that mean that helz0ne also stopped working on their releases to fix their problems? Has anyone more information about that?
[hr]
Check their IRC, I've never seen a group stop scanlating just because their site goes down. K-Manga lost their domain name and are still strong at it.

BTW, from Chapter 42, I think The Breaker surpasses Veritas.

skitzophr3ak
November 19, 2009, 08:57 PM
Check their IRC, I've never seen a group stop scanlating just because their site goes down. K-Manga lost their domain name and are still strong at it.

BTW, from Chapter 42, I think The Breaker surpasses Veritas.

Chapter 42? Isn't that one of the Guesong/Madoka fight chapters? I'm confused

sabret00the
November 19, 2009, 09:28 PM
Chapter 42? Isn't that one of the Guesong/Madoka fight chapters? I'm confused
Meant The Breaker 42. My apologies.

Patta
November 23, 2009, 08:42 AM
Helz0ne-forums is up again and the new chapter is out as well!

sabret00the
November 23, 2009, 09:42 AM
Not a bad chapter, but again I feel like it's just stopped short of something actually happening.

Patta
November 23, 2009, 02:17 PM
Not a bad chapter, but again I feel like it's just stopped short of something actually happening.

Yeah, like a build-up of what have yet to happen (volume 9!)...but still it's great that Vera's technique "Void Fist" was explained and even how to stop it. I don't really like it when an ability/technique becomes too unstoppable.

skitzophr3ak
November 23, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hasn't been said somewhere the LT pioneered the counter to the 'Void Fist'?

sabret00the
November 24, 2009, 04:13 AM
Not pioneered. Yura had one already and he created a newer and better version.

Patta
December 01, 2009, 05:06 PM
Volume 9 finally started!^^

thornofcarrion
December 02, 2009, 02:02 AM
Chapter is 61 is out. Not a bad chapter at all, though not much happened. Kombengi is in a bad situation, which I think mayl change before the match ends. Means she will come out triumphant. may be someone will help her out, we saw Vera help Madoka before, in a way. I don't think she should be beaten by the dummy.

Katz
December 02, 2009, 02:14 AM
I can't remember off the top of my head atm, but has Gang used "lighting flash" as of yet?, if he has link to that specific page/chapter plz

Epic_Rider
December 02, 2009, 10:08 AM
Gangryong has used Lightning Flash twice, once (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/37/16-17/)when the pure ki from his fight against Life Wisher was working against his body and when he fought (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/58/14-15/) Hayato, and used Hayato's reverse ki to create the pure ki needed for Lightning Flash.

Katz
December 02, 2009, 10:28 AM
Alright, thanks a bunch...I trend to forgot obvious things...like him blatantly calling out the name of the tech....but hey w/e, manga overload sometimes

woduhuk
December 04, 2009, 10:07 AM
hmm.. when they spectators was commenting on the new dummy's ability to detach it's arm during the fight, Chairman fire dragon state that "Must've been a pretty tough person in his past life"

Given his history with Lighting Tiger, could this model have been built on light tiger?? ( given the connection with severed arms :blink)

If that is true, does that mean that there is a possibility that Lighting Tiger actually could be alive, but his arm was severed in the process of the fight?

Katz
December 04, 2009, 10:39 AM
^that or they might have put LT's body/mind into that thing/

zelllogan
December 04, 2009, 03:59 PM
I immediatly thought that the dummy is lightning tiger corpse but gangryong make more sense. Even for a "corpse", I expect lightning tiger to be still stronger than this.

Anyway, a great chapter.

Katz
December 04, 2009, 05:31 PM
That'd be kinda messed up if they turned,what seems to be the strongest character shown thus far into a mere practice dummy, gang is gonna be furious

woduhuk
December 04, 2009, 05:38 PM
lol... corpse.. that seems kinda extreme :P

maybe it's just data?

Epic_Rider
December 04, 2009, 06:07 PM
Umm, the corpse used for the dummy is actually Chun Guesong, which is why it's able to use Lightning Dash/ Head of Lightning, which is a technique from Southern Yardplay, as can be seen here. (http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/33/20/)

Zehahaha
December 05, 2009, 05:42 PM
It's definitely Chun Guesong, since Lightning Dash is one of his techniques...
By the way, didn't Gangryong skipped one of the close ranged techniques ? ( He used Electric Yo Yo and Lightning Flash, but not Heaven's Explode i think )

CaptFamous
December 05, 2009, 07:19 PM
lol... corpse.. that seems kinda extreme :P

maybe it's just data?

If it was just data, why would it's arm fall off?

Also, all signs have pointed to the dummy-making process being particularly gruesome.

sabret00the
December 05, 2009, 07:30 PM
If it was just data, why would it's arm fall off?

Also, all signs have pointed to the dummy-making process being particularly gruesome.
Fall off? It sacrificed it's arm in order to escape the 'death blow'.

sharingan_kakashi
December 05, 2009, 07:51 PM
I dont think that is data. Fire Dragon said he must have been an elite when he was alive. So, this guy is definitely a renimation of a dead person.
Guesong is the most likely candidate. Had it been LT, Vera and Gangryoung would have been included as spectators.

CaptFamous
December 06, 2009, 02:30 AM
Fall off? It sacrificed it's arm in order to escape the 'death blow'.

The way Kombengi reacts to it, it seems to me like it just sort of pops off. It doesn't ever show the dummy cutting it off with any sort of move. Also, if it is Guesong, that's the arm he lost, and that's the place on the arm where it got blown off.

BlackSwimmer
December 08, 2009, 09:23 AM
If Lighting Tiger was a good guy, and Yuri was the Bad guy, then wouldn't Vera, who was HELPED by Lighting Tiger, and enemy of Yuri, also a Good guy?

Plus Fire Dragon hates Vera, because Vera is doing what Lighting Tiger wanted, they both are agreeing to not steal the traditional users secrets?
[hr]
The Veritas story line has potential, it was a good story with good cast and good art, but story got really stupid?

The most stupid part is HIGH SCHOOL POLITICS? Who the shit cares who is on the student counsel? What difference does it make if someone is popular that they would kill eachother for it? http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/39/03/ . It makes no relevense on who wins the tourny because Anchilla won it the previous year. bad story logic. The Lighting Tiger storyline is fine, he is fighting to the death for a belief, but the whole Honse getting jumped and nearly killed was just stupid? And Fire Dragon harassing a highschool girl is just stupid. He stalks and stalks her and then picks a fight, but when threatened by Veras father President Linus, he runs away. http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/49/18/

Why the fuck do Veras friends care that she is the counsel leader??? They have nothing to gain and things would be exactly the same if there was no counsel. Madoka is just an assine cannon fodder character, she wants to kill anyone who is against the counsil president. if anything she just wants to be popular and will kill for ithttp://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/50/02/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/38/09/

Also, is not Vera one of the good guys? Why arent the highschool traditional art users supporting her? She met up with the elders and told them she would be taking Yuris spot and would stop what Yuri was doing to gain their support.

Guhoo Li beat Anachelli fair and square, he risked his life in the ring to beat her, that is why Vera favors him. "Her specialty was 'Natural Wave', a defensive technique that allowed for her to read the flow of attack and to disperse any energy one cannot handle. However the technique shortens the users lifespan." Her powers were useless against Guhoo because he does not use special attacks, only physical ones. She probably killed herself using her own worthless powers.
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/28/31/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/38/14/

CaptFamous
December 08, 2009, 11:10 AM
If Lighting Tiger was a good guy, and Yuri was the Bad guy, then wouldn't Vera, who was HELPED by Lighting Tiger, and enemy of Yuri, also a Good guy?

Plus Fire Dragon hates Vera, because Vera is doing what Lighting Tiger wanted, they both are agreeing to not steal the traditional users secrets?
<hr noshade size="1">
The Veritas story line has potential, it was a good story with good cast and good art, but story got really stupid?

The most stupid part is HIGH SCHOOL POLITICS? Who the shit cares who is on the student counsel? What difference does it make if someone is popular that they would kill eachother for it? The Lighting Tiger storyline is fine, he is fighting to the death for a belief, but the whole Honse getting jumped and nearly killed was just stupid? And Fire Dragon harassing a highschool girl is just stupid. He stalks and stalks her and then picks a fight, but when threatened by Veras father President Linus, he runs away. http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/49/18/

Why the fuck do Veras friends care that she is the counsel leader??? They have nothing to gain and things would be exactly the same if there was no counsel. Madoka is just an assine cannon fodder character, she wants to kill anyone who is against the counsil president. http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/50/02/

Also, is not Vera one of the good guys? Why arent the highschool traditional art users supporting her? She met up with the elders and told them she would be taking Yuris spot and would stop what Yuri was doing to gain their support.

Guhoo Li beat Anachelli fair and square, he risked his life in the ring to beat her, that is why Vera favors him. "Her specialty was 'Natural Wave', a defensive technique that allowed for her to read the flow of attack and to disperse any energy one cannot handle. However the technique shortens the users lifespan." Her powers were useless against Guhoo because he does not use special attacks, only physical ones. She probably killed herself using her own worthless powers.

The story doesn't make any sense if you try to split everyone up into "good guys" and "bad guys". There are multiple factions with different agendas who are at odds because of this. Some people are fighting enemies on multiple fronts. The Traditional MAs in the school hardly seem to know anything about the rivalry between Yuri and Vera. Not only that, but the Traditional MAs at the Reunion school have all been disowned by the older masters, so what do they care about Vera's political dealings with them? It's like African geography; it's only confusing because you're trying to force everyone into meaningless boxes.

Also, the "high school politics" are a little less trivial if you don't think of it as a high school as much as a training academy for the next generation of the most powerful fighters in the world. Vera isn't the "student council president" so much as she is the person with the final say in an arena where people are granted power beyond normal human comprehension and are forced to fight to the death. The "student council president" at this "school" isn't chosen via vote; they're chosen by being the strongest in battle. There isn't an election, there's a tournament.

And how sure are you that Guhoo killed Anichella using his own powers? Reeeeally sure? Because all we know right now is that he did it. They still haven't shown how.

Bludvein
December 08, 2009, 08:04 PM

<hr noshade size="1">

The most stupid part is HIGH SCHOOL POLITICS? Who the shit cares who is on the student counsel? What difference does it make if someone is popular that they would kill eachother for it? The Lighting Tiger storyline is fine, he is fighting to the death for a belief, but the whole Honse getting jumped and nearly killed was just stupid? And Fire Dragon harassing a highschool girl is just stupid. He stalks and stalks her and then picks a fight, but when threatened by Veras father President Linus, he runs away. http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/49/18/

Why the fuck do Veras friends care that she is the counsel leader??? They have nothing to gain and things would be exactly the same if there was no counsel. Madoka is just an assine cannon fodder character, she wants to kill anyone who is against the counsil president. http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/50/02/

Its hardly a normal "high-school." It's a training camp for martial artists from over Korea disguised as a school. The school politics reflect the situation of martial arts around the country, and factions that want nothing better than to kill each other attend the same school. What happened to Honse isnt strange at all.

BlackSwimmer
December 09, 2009, 08:08 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/2/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/29/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/53/17/
it says there are 100 resident kids who do martial arts where Veritas takes place.
it then says there are 10 other schools in the world, do you think that later in the future chapters, they will show the other schools as rivals with their own powerful presidents and students? maybe school competitions?

the student counsel are all master level fighters who have perfected their art.
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/4/20/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/5/07/

skitzophr3ak
December 09, 2009, 08:30 AM
Man I hope so, when they mentioned the U.S. school and their psychic arts I could only think "Holy shit they need to show those guys"

BlackSwimmer
December 09, 2009, 10:39 AM
what did honse do with ginsing given to Gang by firedragon?
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/25/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/25/21/
it looks like he sold one of them to buy furniture for gang http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/40/16/ - http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/26/03/
honse got his channels blocked off, so is he going to try to invent a new form of eotl?
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/36/12/
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/40/17/

why is firedragon so bent on asskissing Yuri? what does he have to gain for working so hard in her favor? Was he in love with her? Or does he hope that she will die and he will be the new boss leader instead on Vera?
http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/29/07/

CaptFamous
December 09, 2009, 11:32 AM
it looks like he sold one of them to buy furniture for gang http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/40/16/ - http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/26/03/
honse got his channels blocked off, so is he going to try to invent a new form of eotl?

why is firedragon so bent on asskissing Yuri? what does he have to gain for working so hard in her favor? Was he in love with her? Or does he hope that she will die and he will be the new boss leader instead on Vera?

Honse said something to suggest that he only sold one of the ginseng roots he was given. Not sure what he did with the other ones. Also, despite his saying that his channels were ruined, LT said at one point that it's impossible for ki channels to be permanently ruined.

As for Fire Dragon, I think he's just in love with her, Guesong-style.

Epic_Rider
December 13, 2009, 03:05 PM
Veritas 62 is out, everyone!

Katz
December 13, 2009, 11:07 PM
WOW...that chick is getting outed hardcore....so I didnt really get what Fire Dragon was saying, but it seemed to be that he confirmed or hinted that it was Chun Guesong brain/corpse thats powering the dummy

thornofcarrion
December 14, 2009, 02:11 AM
The chapter was short, really short. Took me like 2-3 minutes to finish it. It all seems to be leading to Fire Dragon in action. Its gotta be awesome. Somebody gotta save that girl. Overall, I felt not much happened in this chapter.

smokeesid
December 14, 2009, 07:39 AM
Well, it would be great of some cleaner and typesetter wish to help Helz0ne with veritas as they require them as it is mentioned in their last page

sabret00the
December 14, 2009, 08:23 AM
The chapter was short, really short. Too me like 2-3 minutes to finish it. It all seems to be leading to Fire Dragon in action. Its gotta be awesome. Somebody gotta save that girl. Overall, I felt not much happened in this chapter.
That's exactly what it's leading up to and it's awesome. Not that I've read or seen this, but that seems to be a spoiler fuelled rumour than is flying around.

DrunkDragon
December 17, 2009, 09:05 PM

About the ginseng, Honse sold one for the money and another he made a medicine out of it and gave it to Gangryoung after his fight with Life wisher. Not sure what he'll do with the last one though.

dbgohan08
December 29, 2009, 05:01 PM
Is Volume 10 out anywhere?

sabret00the
January 01, 2010, 10:57 AM
I've not seen it. I am awaiting the next few chapters though. I was hoping that Hellz0ne would rain Veritas releases on us as a Christmas or New Years treat, but alas...

Patta
January 01, 2010, 12:48 PM
I've found a really interesting spoiler at helz0ne-forums

orz

this is chap 78

Guhoo? dead.
Paul? dead.

-Guhoo could guard Vera's Vaccume strike several times (..)
Paul, this guy is really nothing(..), he had absolutly no fighting scene.
a back strike to vera was his only fighting scene in this manga.

Hyunmi?(and her two subordinate) dead.
Madoka? dead.

-I didnt expect these girl's will die, but vera killed them without exception. lol.

Hyunmi was the only one who could touch Vera, the true form of Ulan(mirage), the technique is applicable to whole arts of Yardplay factions like passive skill in the game. She had completed the skill and initiated it together with whole factions arts and Guesong mask to Life wisher(now he became new Topper).
She and her friends didnt believe Guesong's word, but they had evacuated him already thanks to the warn.
(http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Veritas/helz0ne/40/15)

Madoka didnt resist and Vera broke her neck. what a tragedy.

Fire dragon got victory from Liquid shark and Shinra suceed to bring Gangryongs to her master for his order.
In all probability, FD'll try to awake Yuri with Gangryong.

Epic_Rider
January 02, 2010, 05:49 PM
Veritas 63 is out, everyone!

sabret00the
January 02, 2010, 06:42 PM
It's not a bad chapter at all. The fight between Fire Dragon and Hyato should be a goodun!

Katz
January 03, 2010, 12:40 AM
^ditto, I'm eager to see what Fire dragon is fully capable of, if he's LT's so called "rival" than his prowess should be amazing to witness. -crosses fingers and toes for a quick release of the next chapter-

Patta
January 03, 2010, 03:41 PM
The quality of chapter 63 is amazing. It's good that helz0ne keeps that up and never disappoints us in that.

By the way I found another more-detailed spoiler on helz0ne-forums

Chapter 77,78,79
http://fier153.egloos.com/1537217
http://fier153.egloos.com/1585032
http://fier153.egloos.com/1610417
roughly translated by me..

In chapter 77, its confirmed that Southern Taek-Gyun has been passed down to Rud, and Rud teaches Southern Taek-Gyun's breathing technique to Honse
and when gang was beating Honse up and tease Honse to use his real power, Honse tells gang that his body responds to only vera's power. And then Honse continues to tell gang Vera's weakness
In chapter 78, Vera gathers all the students in basement, but the nine dragons got out from school safely by thanks to Fire Dragons. Hayato escapes from building after Guk Taeyang tells him to do so alone. And then Elders(i think from heaven rich faction?) were gonna kill Yuri in order to make vera the god like. Fire Dragon complains to retired elders who came back, and then orders Shinra to bring Gang along, intending to wake Yuri up. And then Suukyo(no idea what shes called in english..sorry) comes up saying whether if FD have enough talent to surpass LT.
In Chapter 79, that Suukyo person tells FD that vera is good enough to be the owner of heavens riches. In next scene, All the students were killed by Vera except few including madoka, paul, guhoo, and few others. Guhoo being too emotional betrays his love, shinra by telling Vera all the plans of shinra, However Vera still seems mercyless towards Guhoo and attacks him. Then Shinra and the nine dragons (minus hayato cuz he left), finds some people on elder's side, and they get mad and goes to the roof. Then we go back to FD, beats up that Suukyo person quite easily, and 6 ppls from elders' side jumps FD as Suukyo tells FD that hes not as strong as LT. Then we go back to Veras fight, and finds Guhoo, Paul, and yard play people killed by Vera. And madoka cries while saying stuffs like she wants to change Veras mind, but Vera replies that it will never happen and breaks her neck and i guess vera was also crying when she breaks madoka's neck. Then all the heaven rich factions appear and Vera becomes the owner of heavens rich. And Then Suukyo persons tells all the nine dragon that they are not worthy of trad martial artist and need to die, maybe except Gang. Gang didnt take any helps from reunion, and that makes him worthy of becoming traditional artist.
79 is a quite surprising chapter with a lot of characters dying.. I have my fingers crossed that madoka is not dead =[

Katz
January 03, 2010, 07:57 PM
Wow, alot of death coming up...hmm why do I sense like Veritas doesn't have much longer in its timeline....we'll see eventally I guess

Epic_Rider
January 14, 2010, 01:24 AM
Veritas 64 is out, everyone!

Patta
January 14, 2010, 08:33 AM
Damn! Helz0ne keeps surprising me with their super-high quality of scans. Nice chapter but I was a bit disappointed that what Guesong really said to her before his fight with Madoka wasn't revealed yet. Although I already know what he said to her due to spoilers^^

sabret00the
January 14, 2010, 08:49 AM
I too feel that they're stretching that out a little too much.

thornofcarrion
January 18, 2010, 03:54 AM
Yep, nothing much happened in this chapter, except for some flashbacks. This fight is just becoming boring. Do or die, I should say. I want to see Fire Dragon vs. the students. I bet he will kick them hard.

pandaaqueen
January 30, 2010, 04:55 PM
It looks the author resolved to finish this easily.
Omfg. Now the story has been totally botched up.

Oh shit, I cant stop hurling abuse at this.

Guk-Taeyang? Dead.
He killed four of Heaven Rich and dead.
Before he die, he hand down a secret method book of his arts to Hayato.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Rud? Dead.

He commited suicide.

Vera told to him, "If you sacrifice yourself, I wont touch your friends in this time."
For that reason, He cut his chest himself.

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

Source: helzOne

Very disappointing. Killing off characters like that is just a waste, really.

sabret00the
January 30, 2010, 04:58 PM
Source: helzOne

Very disappointing. Killing off characters like that is just a waste, really.
Wow, how suckage is that. That's like NarutoBleach kinda suckage.

pandaaqueen
January 30, 2010, 05:01 PM
Tell me about it!

---

http://i48.tinypic.com/14wzkth.jpg

Source: MILEVETS

Katz
January 30, 2010, 05:12 PM
^How far ahead does that happen?, cause I feel like our English chapter releases are rather behind atm

Epic_Rider
January 31, 2010, 01:11 AM
What the hell, Rud dies? Because Vera promised to spare them, which she probably won't even do? THE... FUCK? Man, I really hate Vera now. It seems that they're killing off everybody in the manhwa.

Spoiler pics courtesy of Iron21 @ Mangahelpers Forums

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7305/100131000.jpg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5301/masscre.jpg

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6313/guhoopaul.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5293/88291906.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2600/21889829.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7194/49186663.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5403/neckbroke.jpg

Shisu
January 31, 2010, 03:28 AM
Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi.... what the fuck? MADOKA dies?
l hope she's alive. Vera is a fucking bitch. <.<

Does anyone have a summary?