PDA

View Full Version : Hangout Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tsukisama
April 23, 2009, 08:47 PM
Use this thread to discuss topics related to Shin Prince of Tennis that are not specifically related to a chapter but perhaps not large enough to start threads concerning said topics in the sub-forum.

DeidaraGrimmjow
June 15, 2009, 05:11 PM
A little off topic, but I found a great Tezuka vs. Sanada amv on Youtube if anyone is interested (music is good too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFrkqlN9fI&feature=channel_page

Atobe the king
June 15, 2009, 05:21 PM
I guess that is a bit off topic, try not to do it next time, but it's understandable we've discussed the chapters to death lol, the bad thing about a monthly series i suppose.

Fayte
June 16, 2009, 07:37 PM
A little off topic, but I found a great Tezuka vs. Sanada amv on Youtube if anyone is interested (music is good too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFrkqlN9fI&feature=channel_page

A remix to "In the shadows" by The Rasmus. Sounds pretty good.

I made a video.

EDIT: Screw youtube rights. I'm moving to Veoh
EDIT2: Screw veoh rights, I'm moving to Revver.

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 03:23 PM
You know guys, I just realized something.
In the Atobe vs Ryoma match....
He was leading 4-0, and then Echizen caught up with the Tezuka Zone. But...Why didn't he win by using the Tannhauser?
I mean, okay, Echizen won game by Tezuka Zone hax. 4-1. Atobe's service. Why didn't he use the Tannhauser? If he had, it would have gone like this:
5-1
5-2
6-2.
And it's not like Echizen learned how to counter the serve, because here, on this chapter...
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000009/00000303/01.jpg
It says he took the lead by using his serve. So...The reason he didn't use it to win the game before was that...
...Konomi didn't think of that?
For that matter, what's with the "you won't be using my blind spots anymore" thing?
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000009/00000303/17.jpg

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 03:44 PM
Rule of drama etc lol.

The only logical reason is...well filler, in the filler Tannhauser serve causes tremendous stress on his shoulder...but that makes no sense.

Maybe he can return the Tannhauser serve but tanked that service game once they were tied.

There are many players who tank service games and prepare for a tie breaker. Only explanation i can think of, otherwise it makes no sense.

Damn you sherlock you made me analyze my favorite match in the series...

Fayte
June 17, 2009, 04:14 PM
It would make no sense if it DIDN'T damage anything. I mean why doesn't Tezuka just spam zero shiki serve? The only explanation is "They can't."

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
It would make no sense if it DIDN'T damage anything. I mean why doesn't Tezuka just spam zero shiki serve? The only explanation is "They can't."

I should have specified, I'm not saying the idea that he can't makes no sense, i meant using anime filler as my backing makes no sense since the limitation in the anime wasn't even hinted at in the manga.

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
Rule of drama etc lol.

The only logical reason is...well filler, in the filler Tannhauser serve causes tremendous stress on his shoulder...but that makes no sense.

Maybe he can return the Tannhauser serve but tanked that service game once they were tied.

There are many players who tank service games and prepare for a tie breaker. Only explanation i can think of, otherwise it makes no sense.

Damn you sherlock you made me analyze my favorite match in the series...
Haha sorry, it's also one of my favorite matches. My favorite one though is Niou/Yagyu vs Oishi/Kikumaru.
That trick from hell was beyond awesome.
Though it makes me wonder how no one noticed they switched places. I mean, the umpire always says the score, and then the name of the person who is going to serve.
Wouldn't they be disqualified for breaking that rule? And yes, I am over analyzing. I blame ES21 ending and POT becoming monthly, and my high school exams having ended this morning.

Tezuka is Mr.Wuss arm. Anything he does damages it.
*After hitting a zero shiki*
MY AAAAAAAAARM
*After using the Tezuka zone*
MY AAAAAAAAAARM
*After using the zero shiki serve*
MY AAAAAAAAAARM
*After using Tezuka Phantom*
MY AAAAAAAAAAARM!
*After reaching to get a book on a shelf*
MY AAAAAAAAAAAARM!

Seriously, EVERYTHING he does destroys his arm. With the exception of killing the dinosaurs. That had no collateral effects whatsoever.

But seriously, yeah. It makes some sense that Konomi would put some limitation on that serve, or else he would be the most broken player ever.
But still, it would be nice of Konomi to TELL US THAT.

But even if it did affect Atobe's arm, it wouldn't be that serious if he could spam it to win a game right after that. And Atobe likely wouldn't worry about his arm since he wanted to win badly. He would just have gone all Tezuka on Echizen and broken his arm, but would have kept playing nonetheless. That would even be consistent with his character development, after seeing Tezuka's determination to win. I still think Konomi messed up. Also, I don't get how Echizen suddenly defeated the World of Ice. "I hit a ball despite a giant piece of iron falling on my direction. That means two things. One, I no longer have blind spots for some weird reason, and two, whoever is taking care of the maintenance of this place should be fired."

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 04:31 PM
He probably just messed up...Mangaka tend to do it all the time..but usually fix it in the tankoban..perhaps Konomi felt no one was going to be like us and analyze his matches to this extent lmao.

Also i always wondered how Nioh and Yagyuu got away with that lol, on the ATP tour your coach can't even shout advice to you but these dudes switched places...ah PoT..good times.

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe Niou was actually a Magnificent Bastard who blackmailed the umpire. That explains everything. How can he break so many rules and got away with that?

Also, he never lost to Yagyuu. They switched places before the match. The one who lost was Yagyuu, dressed as Niou. Niou is manipulating everyone from the shadows.

...I feel a mangahelpers meme being born.

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe Niou was actually a Magnificent Bastard who blackmailed the umpire. That explains everything. How can he break so many rules and got away with that?

Idk about bribing, but Nioh isn't on magnificent bastard levels..not till he makes his whole team throw two matches in a row and banks their chance at the finals on the evolution of a 13 year old.

Also, he never lost to Yagyuu. They switched places before the match. The one who lost was Yagyuu, dressed as Niou. Niou is manipulating everyone from the shadows.

...I feel a mangahelpers meme being born.

DUDE!!!lol i was thinking the SAME THING..that this is actually Nioh who won disguised as Yagyu lol

Fayte
June 17, 2009, 04:56 PM
I was finally able to upload my video to a site >_>
http://www.dailymotion.com/Aspersion/video/16149070

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 05:03 PM
Seems like Dailymotion is still processing it.
And Atobe, from now on every time I see Yagyuu in the future chapters, I will refer to him as Niou/Nioh. Because my epiletic tree is that he is in fact him!
It would be so hilarious if that actually happened.

And talking about videos, I was going through youtube, and I can't believe no one made an Atobe amv with the song "Prince Ali" from Aladdin yet.

Fayte
June 17, 2009, 05:07 PM
Seems like Dailymotion is still processing it.

Really? It is processed for me.

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 05:13 PM
Really? It is processed for me.

I get a "Publication of this video is in process, it will be available soon" screen.

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 05:14 PM
I got the same screen as Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 05:15 PM
On unrelated news,
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9782/niou.jpg
I just had to photoshop that. Even though my photoshop skills suck.

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 05:20 PM
That post was win man, i just saved it to my HD

Fayte
June 17, 2009, 10:31 PM
I can't believe this is what it takes to have a freaking AMV on the internet.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v07zoq

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 10:37 PM
Nicely done, Im not to crazy about that Genre of music but it fit..

Why exactly couldn't you upload that to youtube?

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 11:02 PM
Nicely done indeed. I also don't really like that kind of music, but it fit the amv.

And that amv made me think about the Sanada vs Tezuka match.
I get that Sanada wasn't damaging his legs anymore because he wasn't spamming Rai but....Shouldn't Tezuka win games with the Tezuka Phantom?

I mean, they made it look as if Tezuka Phantom only worked against Rai. So, is it useless against regular shots? Or was it one of Konomi's "uh....LOOK AT MY WATCH! LOOK HOW IT SHINES! FORGET ABOUT DETAILS!" moment?

Atobe the king
June 17, 2009, 11:06 PM
Nicely done indeed. I also don't really like that kind of music, but it fit the amv.

And that amv made me think about the Sanada vs Tezuka match.
I get that Sanada wasn't damaging his legs anymore because he wasn't spamming Rai but....Shouldn't Tezuka win games with the Tezuka Phantom?

I mean, they made it look as if Tezuka Phantom only worked against Rai. So, is it useless against regular shots? Or was it one of Konomi's "uh....LOOK AT MY WATCH! LOOK HOW IT SHINES! FORGET ABOUT DETAILS!" moment?

It's not useless against any shots, it makes all shtos go out, it's just that the strain it puts on his elbow would make it so that he wants use it sparingly...

Sherlock Holmes
June 17, 2009, 11:12 PM
It's not useless against any shots, it makes all shtos go out, it's just that the strain it puts on his elbow would make it so that he wants use it sparingly...

But that's the thing, Sanada stopped using Rai because then Tezuka would have to "keep using the Phantom because he didn't know when Rai was coming" remember? It kind of implied that it didn't make all shots go out.

Ohhh right. He was using Rin to make the shots go in. My mistake.

javimgol
June 18, 2009, 10:15 AM
But that's the thing, Sanada stopped using Rai because then Tezuka would have to "keep using the Phantom because he didn't know when Rai was coming" remember? It kind of implied that it didn't make all shots go out.

I don´t understand it very well. Tezuka Phantom makes Rai to go out, but why it doesn't work with Ka or Fuu?

Bowser
June 18, 2009, 10:29 AM
Tezuka is Mr.Wuss arm. Anything he does damages it.
*After hitting a zero shiki*
MY AAAAAAAAARM
*After using the Tezuka zone*
MY AAAAAAAAAARM
*After using the zero shiki serve*
MY AAAAAAAAAARM
*After using Tezuka Phantom*
MY AAAAAAAAAAARM!
*After reaching to get a book on a shelf*
MY AAAAAAAAAAAARM!

I LOLed at that seriously. The video was pretty good. And I agree with the guy above me, why? Maybe I havent been reading it properly...

Fayte
June 18, 2009, 11:22 AM
Why exactly couldn't you upload that to youtube?

Something gay about the rights. I don't get it.

As for Phantom, I mentioned this point before. I honestly think Konomi made a mistake with the Fuji match. I think Phantom was just a technique used to counter Rai specifically, which is why none of Sanada's other techniques were forced out when Tezuka was using Phantom. Like Sherlock said, Tezuka was specifically "Waiting for Rai."

It is because of the Fuji/Niou match, that screwed this whole concept up. Niou was using Phantom on any shot. Which makes no sense, because Sanada's other shots would have gone out, which they didn't. So my guess is, Konomi forgot about the specifics of Phantom, when he was making the Fuji match.

Looking at the Tezuka/Sanada match, logically, Fuji's weak shots shouldn't be going out. A classic "Screw the rules, I have money." moment for Konomi.

Sherlock Holmes
June 18, 2009, 02:10 PM
I just re-read the chapter, and I understand what happened now.
Sanada was using "rin" to decrease the spin of the ball, hence making the tezuka phantom go in.
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000009/00000352/08-09.jpg
So by using Rin, he couldn't win the point, but neither could Tezuka. It was just destroying Tezuka's arm. And Tezuka was "waiting for rai" because when Sanada used Rai, he was not using Rin. Hence, if Tezuka was using the Phantom when Sanada used Rai, he would have won the point.

So basically Sanada pulled an Atobe to win. Instead of going to finish the point with Rai, he used Rin to make the point go on for a while, making Tezuka's arm hurt like hell.

Fayte
June 18, 2009, 02:26 PM
I think Rin is a pretty cool move. It can be used as either a drop shot, or a sliced lob. But I guess that makes a little more sense. Without Rin, the shots will go out. But why would Fuji say Tezuka is waiting for Rai, if any shot is going to go out? Wouldn't Fuji say Tezuka is waiting for any shot other than Rin? lol

Atobe the king
June 18, 2009, 02:26 PM
So by using Rin, he couldn't win the point, but neither could Tezuka. It was just destroying Tezuka's arm. And Tezuka was "waiting for rai" because when Sanada used Rai, he was not using Rin. Hence, if Tezuka was using the Phantom when Sanada used Rai, he would have won the point.

So basically Sanada pulled an Atobe to win. Instead of going to finish the point with Rai, he used Rin to make the point go on for a while, making Tezuka's arm hurt like hell.

Yep, but it destroyed his pride, he hated winning that way.

Sherlock Holmes
June 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
I think Rin is a pretty cool move. It can be used as either a drop shot, or a sliced lob. But I guess that makes a little more sense. Without Rin, the shots will go out. But why would Fuji say Tezuka is waiting for Rai, if any shot is going to go out? Wouldn't Fuji say Tezuka is waiting for any shot other than Rin? lol

Yeah, but we are talking about Mr.Spam Mc.Spammerson here. Any shot that is not Rin coming from him would have to be Rai. And Sanada was not stupid. Rai was something Tezuka couldn't return. If he used anything besides Rin, it would have to be the shot to decide the point.

Bowser
June 18, 2009, 04:09 PM
I have a question - what exactly is Zan? I know it stands for Immovable like the mountain, but maybe because I don't read the whole thing properly (well theres about 300+ chapters >.<)...im under the impression it's a strong power shot or something?

Atobe the king
June 18, 2009, 05:26 PM
No one quite knows WHAT it is..

Fayte and others believe it's a dropshot..and it looks like one judging from the position he's in when he does it.

I think something different...i think it's net defense, Sanada is an all rounder/all court player so it makes sense for him to be profficient at net. Immovable may indicate that you can't get any shots pass him, the ultimate passing shot defense.

Sherlock Holmes
June 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
I think it's something like...Sanada's Zone or something, lol. Anyway, it's something Atobe completely destroyed. That we know.

Atobe the king
June 18, 2009, 06:56 PM
Thats why i think it's net defense..if you can't see your blindspots your getting passed at net all day long.

Fayte
June 18, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah I don't think it's a drop shot anymore. It is definitely some sort of defensive maneuver.

JyAZ
June 18, 2009, 11:45 PM
I was under the impression that Zan was a smash. Maybe that's Ka. I'm getting all mixed up.

Atobe the king
June 18, 2009, 11:49 PM
Fuu-Swift shot, BH,FH
Ka-Power shot, Smash,FH,BH
Rin-Bunch of slice variations

Zan is the unknown one.

Sherlock Holmes
June 19, 2009, 12:29 AM
guys, I have a habit of writing fanfics where decent characters beat the hell out of Edward Cullen from Twilight without going out of character. I really, really hate Twilight. In fact I just posted the first one I wrote(Sherlock Holmes vs Edward) here in the forum.

Anyway, I was thinking of writing a pot based fanfic. It sounds like a bit of a strech to make a tennis player beat a vampire, but I can do make it sound convincing. Just not sure who I should use.

Any suggestions?

So far I thought of Inui/Renji/Mizuki predicting him and XanatosGambiting their way into sending him to hell, and Niou magnificent bastardaing his way to victory by tricking the vampires.

So far I'm leaning towards Niou, but I'm accepting suggestions.

Atobe the king
June 19, 2009, 12:35 AM
Really random dude lol...well Ryoma can serve at beyond human eyesight speed..i say he can kill the guy lol

Sherlock Holmes
June 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
Really random dude lol...well Ryoma can serve at beyond human eyesight speed..i say he can kill the guy lol

Nah, I'm trying to make it "realistic". And by realistic I mean that no pot moves are allowed. Well,they are. But it still wouldn't kill a vampire.
...Except for Tezuka's dinosaur killing move.

For example, when I made Sherlock fight him, Sherlock outsmarted him, and got Edward cornered by having people shoot him every five seconds, whenever he started to regenerate.

Hmm...Yeah, I guess I'm going to go with Niou tricking him. It's the only "plausible" way.

javimgol
June 19, 2009, 02:00 AM
Nah, I'm trying to make it "realistic". And by realistic I mean that no pot moves are allowed. Well,they are. But it still wouldn't kill a vampire.
...Except for Tezuka's dinosaur killing move.

For example, when I made Sherlock fight him, Sherlock outsmarted him, and got Edward cornered by having people shoot him every five seconds, whenever he started to regenerate.

Hmm...Yeah, I guess I'm going to go with Niou tricking him. It's the only "plausible" way.
Maybe you could make him to play VS kintaroh by a random fact. If the Super Great Delicious hits you, if you haven´t got Pinaccle of Prefection, you are dead, literally. Other idea: Inui's Juice...

Sherlock Holmes
June 19, 2009, 02:25 AM
Maybe you could make him to play VS kintaroh by a random fact. If the Super Great Delicious hits you, if you haven´t got Pinaccle of Prefection, you are dead, literally. Other idea: Inui's Juice...
Inui's juice? I really, really, really like that idea.

javimgol
June 19, 2009, 02:47 AM
How are the translations of the licensed manga of PoT in your languages?
In Spain in general it's OK, but there are several shots which name it's horrible, for example:
Hadokyyu: "Wavy ball" (Bola ondulada)
Dash Hadokyyu: New Wavy ball (¿Nueva bola onduada?)
FuRinKaZan: "Fire IN THE forest, wind IN THE mountain" (Fuego EN EL bosque, viento EN LA montaña)
Muga no Kyuchi=State of Self Actualitation : "Annulation of myself"(Anulación del yo)
Nationals have just begin in the Spanish manga, but last month I discovered this:
Hyakuren Jitoku=Pinnacle of Hrad Work:...."Zenit of the dominated"?????(Cenit de lo dominado)

I don't think this needed it's own thread, the PoT hangout thread is suitable for discussions like this.

Sherlock Holmes
June 22, 2009, 04:29 PM
So guys, when do the new chapters come out? Not asking about scanlations or translations, just asking when they usually come out in Japan. I still haven't gotten used to this monthly thing...

Atobe the king
June 22, 2009, 04:40 PM
July is around the corner, i expect them around the beginning of the month

αlpha
June 22, 2009, 05:33 PM
Jump Square issues are released on the 4th of every month, so we're getting a little closer-!

Atobe the king
June 22, 2009, 05:45 PM
your Yukimura sig is gorgeous, did you make it yourself?

αlpha
June 22, 2009, 05:56 PM
Thank you so much! Unfortunately, the only thing I could say I did was paste the pieces together from this lovely video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0SHXq5dgcg):-)

Atobe the king
June 22, 2009, 06:07 PM
I need to draw him and get over my fear of making him look bad..

I specialize at bishies but not feminine men like Yukimura..he's too gorgeous lmao

αlpha
June 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
Lol, he is very pretty. You should definitely draw him X-) I wish I could do him justice; I just end up doodling badly.Lol sparkles.

Sherlock Holmes
June 22, 2009, 06:44 PM
Lol, he is very pretty. You should definitely draw him X-) I wish I could do him justice; I just end up doodling badly. Lol sparkles. (http://i39.tinypic.com/xfqlbr.png)

Did Yukimura just become a vampire from Twilight? BURN IT. BURN HIM WITH FIRE.
*hates twilight*

BURN IT. BURN IT.

*cough*

The drawing isn't bad, really. Just the sparkling...It reminds me of Twilight too much.

Atobe the king
June 22, 2009, 06:47 PM
Lol, he is very pretty. You should definitely draw him X-) I wish I could do him justice; I just end up doodling badly. Lol sparkles. (http://i39.tinypic.com/xfqlbr.png)

Here ya go ^_^

αlpha
June 22, 2009, 07:29 PM
@Atobe the king: Oh my god yes you drew him!! ;-D See, his gorgeousness can be captured!

@Sherlock: Yukimura's sparkling isn't at all like a Twilight vampire's sparkling. While his is the product of his beauty, charm and remarkable tennis skills, Twilight vampires just look like they got beat up Tinkerbell.

Atobe the king
June 22, 2009, 07:35 PM
@Atobe the king: Oh my god yes you drew him!! ;-D See, his gorgeousness can be captured!

I don't think it's too good, i haven't drawn him in a while and actually forgot how to draw the Rikkai uniform

Fayte
June 22, 2009, 07:52 PM
Another Rikkai fan, awesome. :]

Sherlock Holmes
June 22, 2009, 08:47 PM
*Raises Niou flag with "Magnificent bastard" written on it*

Pretty much the whole forum is a Rikkai fan.

@αlpha: I personally always thought the Twilight vampires just fell on an industrial glitter machine, but you are right. Yukimura's sparkling is different.

@Atobe: That looks awesome! Seriously! I swear to God...Wait I'm an atheist. I swear to Arthur Conan Doyle that's awesome!

Atobe the king
June 22, 2009, 09:14 PM
@Atobe: That looks awesome! Seriously! I swear to God...Wait I'm an atheist. I swear to Arthur Conan Doyle that's awesome!

If that's the case i'll draw one of Nioh for you then:amuse..it shall be hard because his hair is annoying for me to draw...:p

Also..atheist? i prefer agnostic that outright atheist..

Pretty much the whole forum is a Rikkai fan.

Essentially, i like everyone except Jackal.

The 3 demons, Nioh and Satan boy are some of my favorites in the series.

javimgol
June 23, 2009, 02:31 AM
If that's the case i'll draw one of Nioh for you then:amuse..it shall be hard because his hair is annoying for me to draw...:p

Also..atheist? i prefer agnostic that outright atheist..

Essentially, i like everyone except Jackal.

The 3 demons, Nioh and Satan boy are some of my favorites in the series.
Rikkai is best team by long of Prince of Tennis. Only Nioh or Sanada have got more personality than the whole Seigaku

Atobe the king
June 23, 2009, 07:54 AM
Rikkai is best team by long of Prince of Tennis. Only Nioh or Sanada have got more personality than the whole Seigaku

I disagree completely but your free to believe that...:amuse

They don't have enough page time for that to make sense.

Surprisingly RIkkai isn't popular with the japanese...the top 10 are filled with Seigaku and Atobe and some Hyotei...who was the most popular character last time.

He beat Fuji and Ryoma by over 6000 votes:amuse

1 12913 Atobe Keigo
2 6116 Fuji Shuusuke
3 5591 Echizen Ryoma

javimgol
June 23, 2009, 12:26 PM
I disagree completely but your free to believe that...:amuse

They don't have enough page time for that to make sense.

Surprisingly RIkkai isn't popular with the japanese...the top 10 are filled with Seigaku and Atobe and some Hyotei...who was the most popular character last time.

He beat Fuji and Ryoma by over 6000 votes:amuse

1 12913 Atobe Keigo
2 6116 Fuji Shuusuke
3 5591 Echizen Ryoma
Well, Atobe has a lot of personality, and it's very popular (in fact,it's my favourite character with Nioh, and Silver & Golden Pair), but Hyotei isn´t so cool. They have had almost the same "screentime" (two matches VS Seigaku) and we have seen that Rikkai have got a very well defined spirit"We are the kings, the champions". I see Hyotei and, what is the message?, maybe "Our captain is rich?"

Atobe the king
June 23, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hyotie is basically the anti-seigaku

javimgol
June 23, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hyotie is basically the anti-seigaku
Why? Seigaku is poor?
Well, you can link Atobe-Tezuka, Fuji-Oshitari, Mukahi-Kikumaru.
And what about the other 6?

DavenSodan
June 23, 2009, 03:02 PM
Kabaji - Taka-san
And maybe Hioshi - Kaido... not sure about that...

Atobe the king
June 23, 2009, 03:04 PM
Kabaji - Taka-san
And maybe Hioshi - Kaido... not sure about that...

I agree that Hiyoshi is like Kaido

javimgol
June 23, 2009, 03:58 PM
I agree that Hiyoshi is like Kaido
I completely disagree. Completely different gamestyle, very different personality (don´t compare Gekokuyo with "don't understimate Kaouru Kaidoh")...
The only thing is that they are going to be captains of their teams

Atobe the king
June 23, 2009, 03:58 PM
They are far more alike than you think.

JyAZ
June 23, 2009, 09:51 PM
I think Oshitari is a mix of Momo and Fuji. I can agree that Hiyoshi is like Kaidoh in most aspects than at first glance. Actually... Kaidoh can sort of be like a Hiyoshi-Shishido mix if you think about it.

Atobe the king
June 23, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yea i also think kaido is like Shishido with their "Never say die attitude"

javimgol
June 24, 2009, 03:07 AM
Yea i also think kaido is like Shishido with their "Never say die attitude"
IMO that relations are too forced, but well, it's just an opinion.
And one thing, we don't know the teams of the big guys of the U-17. It would be really cool if we find former buchous or fukubuchous of Seigaku,Rikkai,Yamabuki,Shitenhouji...

Atobe the king
June 24, 2009, 08:52 AM
Yamamoto showing up would be awesome.

javimgol
June 24, 2009, 01:20 PM
Yamamoto showing up would be awesome.
Wasn´t his name Yamato? Shigekuni-Genryyusai Yamamoto is the Commander of Gotei 13 in Bleach ;)
And I think it was stated that Yamato, as a player, wasn't really good (Tezuka defeated him easily), but maybe the one who was the captain before him and his generations of captains

Atobe the king
June 24, 2009, 01:57 PM
Yamato could have improved...you never know

javimgol
June 25, 2009, 12:05 PM
Yamato could have improved...you never know
I would prefer him being one of the trainers. But I expect he won´t be a wasted character, he was really awesome in the manga and even in that filler in the mountain camp.

Sherlock Holmes
June 25, 2009, 12:31 PM
Yamato MUST return. And we must get a Yamato vs Tezuka match. We just...Must. Immediately followed by Tezuka vs Echizen so the phrase "pillar of seigaku" can be repeated enough times to break the current record.

Fayte
June 25, 2009, 01:38 PM
Yamato looked retarded. I don't want him to return. Away with Yamato, and bring on Kajimoto!

Sherlock Holmes
July 04, 2009, 07:42 PM
You guys remember which chapter in the manga Krauser crucified Kirihara? I can't find it...

Atobe the king
July 04, 2009, 07:54 PM
Here ya go

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/338/04-05/

Sherlock Holmes
July 04, 2009, 08:11 PM
Here ya go

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/338/04-05/

THANK YOU!

I was talking to a friend and trying to convince her to read POT.
Our conversation went more or less like this:

"Oh c'mon, THEY KILL DINOSAURS IN IT."
"Hm...Keep talking."
"One guy CRUCIFIED THE OTHER WHILE PLAYING TENNIS."
"...What."
"And then the guy who was crucified was reborn as a demon."
"....Show me that page, and I'll read it."

Then she hung up. Just gotta wait til she calls back/enters msn now.

Atobe the king
July 04, 2009, 08:21 PM
lol glad to help..i've read the series so many damn time you just name an event and im there..(well for the nationals and Kanto) ex- Kanto finals 200's, Sanada Tezuka 350's , Atobe VS Ryoma early 300'setc

Sherlock Holmes
July 04, 2009, 08:31 PM
lol glad to help..i've read the series so many damn time you just name an event and im there..(well for the nationals and Kanto) ex- Kanto finals 200's, Sanada Tezuka 350's , Atobe VS Ryoma early 300'setc

Lol, you have a good memory.

You know, I was wondering...Niou didn't use the doors against Yagyuu. He didn't use Tezuka and co's techniques either. He's not a regular copycat that copies the moves of the person playing against him. He copies ANYONE.

I have a feeling that he never uses his true power because he enjoys tricking people too much.

Example: Vs Yagyuu, did he REALLY need that trick? No. But dammit if it wasn't cool.

VS Golden Pair: They were WEAKER than him and Yagyuu. Why did he bother with the switching? BECAUSE IT'S FUN.

vs Fuji: I can understand using the techniques of someone that's better than him. But mind raping fuji? What purpose did that have? Oh right, it's fun.

Is this part of my Niou fanboyism, or is it correct to assume that he doesn't play 100% because he enjoys tricking people too much? I mean, he COULD have just gone broken and used Tezuka's powers. But instead, he tried to do an awesome trick(which failed, but was still awesome).

Fayte
July 04, 2009, 10:09 PM
Niou can't play 100% without tricks.

Sherlock Holmes
July 04, 2009, 10:18 PM
Niou can't play 100% without tricks.
Good point. But I mean like, maybe he would be a better player if he just played normally without tricks.

Not that I want him to play without tricks. He's awesome because of them.
But there are times it seems like he could win easily if he didn't bother with them.

Like, Yagyuu vs him.

Couldn't he just use his Tezuka copy to beat the crap outta him?

Fayte
July 05, 2009, 06:25 AM
Niou's tricks are just an illusion for the person he is playing against. He wouldn't copy Tezuka against any other person, because he knows what to do against who. Yagyuu wouldn't fall for it like Fuji did, so Niou tried to do a fake injury because he knows the way Yagyuu is.

Sherlock Holmes
July 05, 2009, 04:16 PM
Niou's tricks are just an illusion for the person he is playing against. He wouldn't copy Tezuka against any other person, because he knows what to do against who. Yagyuu wouldn't fall for it like Fuji did, so Niou tried to do a fake injury because he knows the way Yagyuu is.

His Tezuka personality, yes. But he could copy his shots, remember? He even Tezuka phantomed Fuji to doom. The only thing he couldn't copy was the Zero Shiki serve. What I meant was, why didn't he spam Tezuka phantom to win?
Because even if he copied the shot, he wouldn't make the Tezuka illusion. And that just wouldn't be fun now, would it?

Fayte
July 05, 2009, 07:26 PM
You need to realize that Niou is never the same. He plays differently in every match. I personally think Konomi himself doesn't know what he can do. He played one way with Yagyuu, he played another way with Renji, he played another way against Fuji, and he played another way against Yagyuu. If Niou could honestly just pull out Tezuka phantom and everything else Tezuka can do, he would have done it. My mind's eye says he can't.

Sherlock Holmes
July 05, 2009, 07:33 PM
You need to realize that Niou is never the same. He plays differently in every match. I personally think Konomi himself doesn't know what he can do. He played one way with Yagyuu, he played another way with Renji, he played another way against Fuji, and he played another way against Yagyuu. If Niou could honestly just pull out Tezuka phantom and everything else Tezuka can do, he would have done it. My mind's eye says he can't.

Yeah, I guess you are right. Konomi probably hasn't decided how good he wants Niou to be. If we want a justification, we can just go with "he wants to be loki" theory, but the truth is more like "Konomi uses Niou when he wants to mind rape people. His power level is equal to the amount of mind raping he does in the chapter."

Sai_the_Shaman
July 05, 2009, 11:22 PM
My thoughts on Niou are that he's simply a trickster. There's always some sort of trick to how he plays. I think he simply likes playing around on the court and can figure out ways to "create" illusions on the court. Tezuka Phantom and Saiki were illusions he was somehow able to fake. Can't say how he fakes them, but he did. I think simply, everything Niou does is fake people out. I think it's possible he can do them because he can have time to prepare against his opponent. In the doubles match against the Golden Pair, the switcheroo trick was something that could easily fake out any doubles team so he was able to think it up and prepare it ahead of time.

In the Finals, I feel that he was able to prepare in the sense that he knew he was playing seigaku....what does he do? he takes the time to mimic their captain, their leader. Not to mention he saw Tezuka Phantom and he had 2 matches to then prepare some way to fake that.

When does he fake Shiraishi? He only fakes him near the end of the match after he's had time to figure out how in the back of his mind.

In the most recent chapters he had no idea he was going to have to play singles, he thought it would be doubles, let alone the fact he'd be facing his own doubles partner who would know him so well. He essentially had no time to prepare and only had his fake injury to pull off (which itself is a pretty weak trick for him).

Thus, I think Niou's abilities all come from his ability to prepare ahead of time for his matches. He's like a stage magician, he's best when he knows the exact show time and can prepare the biggest tricks. However if you impromptu him, he does a lame coin behind the ear trick or some card trick.

Atobe the king
July 06, 2009, 12:20 AM
I disagree Sai..he can copy laser pretty accurately and was indeed doing Tezuka's moves..i mean he even broke all three counters

Sai_the_Shaman
July 06, 2009, 12:28 AM
Well Laser being copied isnt that hard imo, especially since it's implied Yagyuu and Niou are good partners together. It's like Momo and Kaidou knowing each other's moves.

He did break all the counters (except the 6th), but I can also attribute that to him simply being awesome at tennis in general. I have a feeling he's able to "copy" to a degree, but nothing is a perfect copy, etc.

Fayte
July 06, 2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, Niou can copy it, but it will never be to an original degree. Like Sai said, he returned the counters simply because he has the skill to return them.

Atobe the king
July 06, 2009, 11:31 AM
Wasn't he returning them like Tezuka would? like using the zone to return one of the counters? not sure though i don't really like that match so it doesn't stick like some of the others.

Dansan1
July 06, 2009, 06:35 PM
....However if you impromptu him, he does a lame coin behind the ear trick or some card trick.

Way to smack talk the last 16 years of my life.....

Sai_the_Shaman
July 10, 2009, 12:36 PM
Way to smack talk the last 16 years of my life.....

Lol, well sorry about the XD But, card tricks and sleights of hand really are underneath big time stage magicians XD

Another thing I thought of with Niou's illusions was the fact that Fuji was able to beat them when he closed his eyes. When he played with Closed eyes, the illusions no longer affected him and he was able to make a huge comeback againsts Niou. I think that further shows that Niou's style is all based on some sort of trick to his play.

I guess you can somewhat liken it to how Yukimura's Yips Tennis works by putting an image of perfection in your mind and makes you lose your senses by having you fight that perfection. Niou does the same thing to a lesser extent by making you believe in something that actually isn't there.

Fayte
July 10, 2009, 01:04 PM
Well put Sai. I agree.

Dansan1
July 10, 2009, 06:33 PM
Lol, well sorry about the XD But, card tricks and sleights of hand really are underneath big time stage magicians XD

In the spirit of "this is a POT forum", I'll let this go.....

But just so you know I'm hurt on the inside and I studied emotional control from David Stone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTh9rTmMcHQ

Sherlock Holmes
July 11, 2009, 04:47 AM

Another thing I thought of with Niou's illusions was the fact that Fuji was able to beat them when he closed his eyes. When he played with Closed eyes, the illusions no longer affected him and he was able to make a huge comeback againsts Niou. I think that further shows that Niou's style is all based on some sort of trick to his play.

I guess you can somewhat liken it to how Yukimura's Yips Tennis works by putting an image of perfection in your mind and makes you lose your senses by having you fight that perfection. Niou does the same thing to a lesser extent by making you believe in something that actually isn't there.

Fuji didn't beat his illusion. He beat the technique he was copying, straight and simple.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/363/04/

By closing his eyes, he wasn't planning anything. Just playing on instinct. Which is how he beat the pinnacle of wisdom.

While I agree that Niou's mind raping makes his opponents believe that his techniques are better than they really are, he copies them to a degree. I mean, he made balls go out with Tezuka Phantom.

He either can really copy some techniques, or he is so badass he managed to fool the umpire. And the audience.

Also, everyone seems convinced that he has Muga. So his aura is there...Though since Niou is Niou, he could be just mind raping everyone.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/360/06/

I love that page. Momo's "when I grow up, I wanna be just like him" face, Jackal's "WHAAAAT?" face and Sanada's "what." face. Specially Sanada's.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/361/07/

This page makes it seem like Fuji completely lost it though and REALLY believes he is playing against Tezuka.

DavenSodan
July 13, 2009, 08:56 AM
Ever wondered why the hell Atobe developet WoI even if he must have known that it is pretty much useless against his greatest rival Tezuka with his Zone?

I mean he even thought that he would play against Tezuka at the Nationals again:

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/281/07/

And here he says to Tezuka that he should have played him:

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/303/09/

Atobe the king
July 13, 2009, 09:45 AM
I always wondered that...but i don't think he knew Tezuka zone would be the anti-version of the Koori no Sekkai...he did manage to break Echizen zone but that may be because Echizen zone isn't as good as Tezuka zone.

Fayte
July 13, 2009, 10:23 AM
Here is another screw up with Atobe. His dialogue.

"So...you're going to play singles 2, Tezuka..."

Then, when Kabaji starts winning;

"Now you see, this is why Kabaji has been paired with you."

Why was Atobe surprised that Tezuka played singles 2 if he knowingly put Kabaji against Tezuka. Fail.

Atobe the king
July 13, 2009, 10:34 AM
No...Fayte..whats even more fail is how the hell these guys know the other teams lineup...

How different would things have been if Ryoma played singles 3..they would have beat Hyoutei in straights...

Bowser
July 13, 2009, 12:31 PM
The same could be said for a lot of the games - why couldn't Rikkai stick Yuki, Sanada and Yanagi/Kiri pair and win straights sets in the finals?

Atobe the king
July 13, 2009, 12:49 PM
I know lol, it was just an example since we were talking about Hyotei

DavenSodan
July 13, 2009, 05:32 PM
I always wondered that...but i don't think he knew Tezuka zone would be the anti-version of the Koori no Sekkai...he did manage to break Echizen zone but that may be because Echizen zone isn't as good as Tezuka zone.

Well, if he isnt really really dumb then he must have thought about it for a moment and then come to the conclusion "Hey, cool, I can see his blind spots... but I cannot hit them because every fuckin' ball gets back to Tezuka anyways! What a useful move... time to spend my practice time on things that WILL work on my one and only life time rival."

Also why didnt he showed his Super Agressive Style against Tezuka in Katou? He had match ball against him and the tie break was long.

Sherlock Holmes
July 13, 2009, 05:36 PM
Atobe vs Tezuka would be the most boring match ever right now.

It would go like this.
Atobe: Tannhäuser serve!!
Tezuka: Zero shiki serve!!
Tezuka: MY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM

Umpire: GAME AND MATCH: ATOBE. 7-6.

Atobe the king
July 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
Your right..they both have nigh unreturnable serve it would be an ace fest a la Wimbledon 2009 final.

Well, if he isnt really really dumb then he must have thought about it for a moment and then come to the conclusion "Hey, cool, I can see his blind spots... but I cannot hit them because every fuckin' ball gets back to Tezuka anyways! What a useful move... time to spend my practice time on things that WILL work on my one and only life time rival."

Also why didnt he showed his Super Agressive Style against Tezuka in Katou? He had match ball against him and the tie break was long.

He wasn't taking the match with Tezuka too seriously until he saw his conviction.

Sherlock Holmes
July 13, 2009, 07:14 PM
Is it wrong I actually loved watchingthe ace fest in wimbledon?

But again, knowing Konomi, they would conveniently forget to spam their serves, or would both develop a counter.

Atobe vs Tezuka is actually a match I want to see in the manga.
Atobe vs Tezuka, Atobe vs Fuji, Atobe vs Sanada, Atobe vs Yukimura...Hell, Atobe vs anyone lol

Atobe vs Tezuka=Ace vs Ace
Atobe vs Fuji= Oh no Fuji has blind spots! Oh no fuji made a new counter! AGAIN!
Atobe vs Sanada= "I'm the king!" "I'm the emperor!" "So? Kings still exist. Emperors do not." "Oh shut up." -flashbackflashbackflashback- "Atobe wins due to losing to Sanada in his flashback, which means he has to win this time!"
Atobe vs Yukimura= I REALLY want to see this match, and how world of ice would negate the yips. I mean, Atobe would go like "I can't hit it...But I can see it. His weak points!" and therefore wouldn't suffer from the yips, because he wouldn't feel like Yukimura's balls are all unreturnable. Or maybe he could even have a decent match againt him.
Mostly because Yukimura and Atobe are the only two overpowered characters in the manga that don't have an aura/rape physics(HEAR THAT FUJI?)

Fayte
July 13, 2009, 09:31 PM
until he saw his conviction.

Another failed usage of a word by whoever thought "conviction" would make sense in that usage. Conviction means to feel guilty. I have no idea what Konomi is doing with that word.

Yukimura and Atobe are the only two overpowered characters in the manga that don't have an aura/rape physics(HEAR THAT FUJI?)

Yukimura has SoSA, he just doesn't use it. Same with Sanada.

Sherlock Holmes
July 13, 2009, 10:01 PM
Another failed usage of a word by whoever thought "conviction" would make sense in that usage. Conviction means to feel guilty. I have no idea what Konomi is doing with that word.

Yukimura has SoSA, he just doesn't use it. Same with Sanada.
Until Yukimura actually uses SoSA, I won't count him as one of the aura-happy people. Sanada just got the black aura, so I consider him an aura based player...Or close enough.

Atobe the king
July 13, 2009, 10:06 PM

Conviction has more than one definition, the one Konomi is using refers a strong belief

@Sherlock..no it's not wrong the ace fest was fun to watch.

Bowser
July 14, 2009, 10:49 AM

He wanted to destroy his shoulder (or arm, whatever)

Atobe would've lost, Yuki is considered omnipotent :d - he has not fucking blind spot for god sake!

Atobe the king
July 14, 2009, 11:03 AM
Well he only beat Koori No Sekkai in the OVA...

Which btw, OFF TOPIC, Looks fucking gorgeous on my hi def..i converted the OVA's for my PS3 and damn they look pretty on the big screen.

Back on topic, given that Yukimura raped Rai in such a nonchalant matter it wouldn't surprise me if Koori No Sekkai had no real effect on him..considering his whole shtick is that he's returning literally everything.

javimgol
July 14, 2009, 04:45 PM
Yukimira is simply overpowered, only Echizens could beat him. He defeated maybe the third best player of the manga (after Echizen and himself) 7-1. Although I like a lot Atobe, there is no way he could beat him

Atobe the king
July 14, 2009, 04:59 PM
For the most part Yukimura destroyed Sanada...but it's obvious that it was for Sanada's future development

Fayte
July 14, 2009, 11:59 PM
Yukimura didn't destroy anything. They were perfectly even until the Yips came into the picture. Yukimura gets 5 points and gets raped. What do you think would have happened, had that been an actual set, instead of a quick 7 point tiebreak.

I believe it is for this reason that Sanada stays in the camp.

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 12:43 AM
Umm..no Yukimura destroyed him, they weren't even, his precious Rai got returned like nothing...you have a weird definition of even.

The yips is part of Yukimura's game, you make it look as though creeping shadow is an outside force. He lost one point how did he get raped?

Had it been an Actual set? Konomi would have tweaked it so Yukimura is up 5-0, 40-0 and then Sanada does the black Aura and then Yuki scores the final point and wins.

JyAZ
July 15, 2009, 02:12 AM
Yukimura didn't destroy anything. They were perfectly even until the Yips came into the picture. Yukimura gets 5 points and gets raped. What do you think would have happened, had that been an actual set, instead of a quick 7 point tiebreak.

I believe it is for this reason that Sanada stays in the camp.

Are you saying that Oshitari didn't destroy Gakuto? Did Krauser not destroy Richard? Ya what if they played the whole set. They didn't. If you want to be technical, Yukimura destroyed Sanada in the tie break.

DavenSodan
July 15, 2009, 02:56 AM
Yea, Yuki would have owned him in a set the same as in this tie break imo. The first rally was really long, okay, but I believe Yuki wasnt serious then. Remember the picture where he said "I was hoping I could enjoy tennis some day" - "Guess I was wrong". After that he gets serious imo. Also we dont really know for sure if Sanada didnt supress the Yips for the next 2-3 point too and could play them normally or using that black aura thing...

Sherlock Holmes
July 15, 2009, 04:30 AM
Yeah, Yuki destroyed Sanada. Not that is anything to be embarrassed off. Yuki is the strongest non-deus ex machina user of the manga.

Rai was destroyed. Sanada had no technique left other than the Pinnacle of Badassery that we have yet to find out what it does.

...and I still want Krauser to play against Yukimura. What? Jesus boy being crucified? It's so perfect it's awesome.

javimgol
July 15, 2009, 06:16 AM
Yeah, Yuki destroyed Sanada. Not that is anything to be embarrassed off. Yuki is the strongest non-deus ex machina user of the manga.

Rai was destroyed. Sanada had no technique left other than the Pinnacle of Badassery that we have yet to find out what it does.

...and I still want Krauser to play against Yukimura. What? Jesus boy being crucified? It's so perfect it's awesome.
Are you really serious do you think Krauser could ever get a point of Yukimira? Yukimira destroyed the child of the devil, Kirihara, time ago, so IMO there would be no problems with Lilident.

Sherlock Holmes
July 15, 2009, 07:21 AM
Are you really serious do you think Krauser could ever get a point of Yukimira? Yukimira destroyed the child of the devil, Kirihara, time ago, so IMO there would be no problems with Lilident.
We don't have a clue how Krauser crucifies people. For all that we know, maybe he is a psychic. Then it wouldn't matter how overpowered Yukimura was.

Seriously though, I know he has no chance, but maybe if he got some development he could have one of those "Even if I lose...Just one point, I'll take it from him!" and then he crucified Yukimura.

Or maybe to complete the WhatDoYouMeanItsNotSymbolic Sanada could be a bitch and betray Yukimura to Krauser, telling him his weak point(which he found out during their match)

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 07:38 AM
Lol JesusYuki has no blindspots

Fayte
July 15, 2009, 10:06 AM
Umm..no Yukimura destroyed him, they weren't even, his precious Rai got returned like nothing...you have a weird definition of even.

What makes you think Yukimura returning Rai means Sanada got destroyed? Were they not STILL rallying even after that? They were even. What match were you watching?

Lets be real people. What got Sanada was the Yips. Which he broke out of after 7 points. What makes you think Yukimura would have won a real set? Just look at the facts of what just happened.

Gakuto and Richard got destroyed. The opponent was just on another level in terms of skill. However with Sanada and Yukimura, skill-wise they were perfectly even. Don't say "Sanada got destroyed lololol" because nothing suggested that. A baby can score points on someone who is blind and deaf.

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
Pretty much everyone says Sanda got pwned except for you. What match was i reading? what match were you reading? The ka that owned tezuka Zone and the unrerturnable Rai got returned like it was nothing.

You keep saying the YIPS got Sanada but we all know that the it's Yukimura that CAUSES the YIPS in the first place. He makes it happen because Sanada couldn't get a shot passed him. When did Yukimura and Sanada become even?

The fact is Yulimura won 7-1. Had this been Sananda VS echizen you would have agreed that Echizen got pwned.

Yea, Yuki would have owned him in a set the same as in this tie break imo. The first rally was really long, okay, but I believe Yuki wasnt serious then. Remember the picture where he said "I was hoping I could enjoy tennis some day" - "Guess I was wrong". After that he gets serious imo. Also we dont really know for sure if Sanada didnt supress the Yips for the next 2-3 point too and could play them normally or using that black aura thing...

I think Yukimura wanted to take Echizens advice and have fun...but Sanada ruined that for him..and probably brought back the harsh reality of competitive sports.

Dansan1
July 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
Exactly Atobe,

Sanada got the yips because Yukimura (in not technical terms) scared him witless. IE they were at such a different level that Yukimura could induce the yips in Sanada. Yukimra destroyed him.

Also the only reason they were still rallying for the first point is because Yukimura (in my opinion) was purposely not hitting a winner to use his creeping shadow cause he's just such a BA. As he himself stated, he was out there just to have some fun.

Fayte
July 15, 2009, 01:42 PM
Pretty much everyone says Sanda got pwned except for you. What match was i reading? what match were you reading? The ka that owned tezuka Zone and the unrerturnable Rai got returned like it was nothing.

You keep saying the YIPS got Sanada but we all know that the it's Yukimura that CAUSES the YIPS in the first place. He makes it happen because Sanada couldn't get a shot passed him. When did Yukimura and Sanada become even?

The fact is Yulimura won 7-1.

Let's recap on what actually happened.
http://www.onemanga.com/New_Prince_of_Tennis/8/07/

There is the start of the match.

-Yukimura serves
-Sanada hits Ka
-Yukimura returns with a backhand down the line that passes Sanada (Would have gotten the point)
-Sanada teleports and hits Rai
-Yukimura returns Rai
-Sanada and Yukimura laugh, having a good time
-Sanada hits Fuu
------------------
Krauser's match ends
Kamio's match ends
------------------
(a while later, still going back and forth for the first point)

-Yukimura hits a forehand topspin
-Sanada hits a backhand slice
-Yukimura hits a forehand topspin
-Sanada begins to lose his sight, but returns it
-Yukimura hits it and gets the point

(1-0)

-Sanada is blind

(2-0)
(3-0)
(4-0)
(5-0) Not shown
(6-0) Ball passes Sanada
(6-1) Sanada hits the ball passed Yukimura and breaks the fence

-Black Aura, Sanada regaining his senses

(7-1) Yukimura gets the last point

-Sanada gets his sight back
-Sanada walks off the court without saying anything

So raise your hand if you think their rally for the first point was not perfectly even. Yeah, Yukimura returned everything. So did Sanada. What is your point.

Had this been Sananda VS echizen you would have agreed that Echizen got pwned.

If I was a fanboy, then yeah. But I'm not. So, no. I agree with logic and facts. Just because someone loses 7-1 in a freaking tiebreak, doesn't mean they got owned. It is HOW you lose that makes the difference.

Krauser beat Richard 7-0
Yukimura beat Sanada 7-1

I guarentee that Richard had like 5 second rallys with Krauser for each point. Yet Yukimura and Sanada were going back and forth for a long time, nobody letting a shot get passed them. It was a good match-up that ended in Sanada losing. Richard's match-up was horrible, and ended in his death.

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 01:47 PM
So raise your hand if you think their rally for the first point was not perfectly even. Yeah, Yukimura returned everything. So did Sanada. What is your point.

Yukimura is hitting normal shots..Sanada is hitting shots that blow holes it Racket guts..hardly the same thing.

If I was a fanboy, then yeah. But I'm not. So, no. I agree with logic and facts. Just because someone loses 7-1 in a freaking tiebreak, doesn't mean they got owned. It is HOW you lose that makes the difference.

Not even Sanada..who plays with Yuki and his has been his good friend for 3 years and even he got affected by the creeping shadow. Creeping shadow is the definition of owned...you lose your will to play because your opponent is returning everything effortlessly.

Dansan1
July 15, 2009, 03:57 PM
That's the point. If you lose your senses because of the opponent's tennis you have been COMPLETELY OWNED.

And yes I'm raising my hand saying the rally was NOT EVEN. Notice how Sanada lost his senses and Yuki ...umm...didn't? Yuki was content to butcher Sanada slowly in that rally. While on the other hand Sanada was doing everything possible to get a point and yet couldn't.

Look at how they were drawn! Yuki wasn't even sweating or exerting! Not one drop of sweat or even a face showing exertion. Even when returning Rai he looked as calm as the real Fed returning some six year old's shot. Now go look at how Sanada was drawn. Fighting with all he had, sweating and by the time he lost his senses he looked like he was dying.

You like Sanada too much and it clouds your judgement. Notice how everyone seems to be on generally the same page, or if we're not one quick glance to the manga and everyone is happy, but then when it comes to Sanada it's you v everyone else?

DavenSodan
July 15, 2009, 04:39 PM
Raising my hand too... man, the match u were reading was drawn in your head. As Yuki returned Ka as a passing shot he might(!) have known that Sanada was able to teleport there and get it? Of course he did and thats why he did it, so he could return Rai and with that start to give Sanada the Yips. While Sanada uses every special technique he has (I assume that much) and teleports around to get every ball, Yuki just plays normal tennis without going all out thus not sweating or anything.

And even if it was an whole set: Sanada gets his senses back after falling 0-1 behind, then Yuki gets serious and destroys him like he did anyways... even with teleportation there is a limit to how often he can do it and against Yuki he would have to do it so many times during just one point that his knees would get crused after one game. And then its over anyway.

Ravsieg
July 15, 2009, 07:30 PM
Seriously. Yukimura wasn't playing to win the points right away. He was playing to intimidate Sanada, so that he'd win them easier afterwards. Had he played for each point, he'd be more cunning on his attacks and the rally wouldn't be balanced because Sanada was already shooting everything he had. A step-up from Yukimura (which he could do, wasn't it for playing around destroying Sanada's confidence) would uneven it.

It seems pretty obvious Yukimura was wiping his butt with Sanada, even though I didn't really enjoy noticing it.

Fayte
July 15, 2009, 10:21 PM
Yukimura was "TRYING" from the beginning. Seriously, my God. Yukimura fans much?

http://www.onemanga.com/New_Prince_of_Tennis/9/01/

"NO MERCY."

http://www.onemanga.com/New_Prince_of_Tennis/9/03/

Yukimura showing no mercy for a reason

http://www.onemanga.com/New_Prince_of_Tennis/8/06/

Sanada telling Yukimura not to hold back

Get it through your heads. Burn it into your eyes. Move on. Seriously.

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 10:31 PM
So every single one of us is wrong and you're right? Because we think Yukimura shitraped Sanada we've become Yukimura fanboys?

Fayte
July 15, 2009, 10:33 PM
When you are all saying things contradictory to the actual chapter, I'm going to correct you.

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 10:41 PM
So despite the fact that me Dansan1,Ravsieg,Sherlock,Javimgol,JyAz and DavenSodan are essentially on the same page we are all wrong and you are right?

Dansan1
July 15, 2009, 10:55 PM
Nothing I said contradicted the chapter. In fact you IGNORED everything I posted and went to a slightly different issue.

No one said Yukimura wasn't trying. There is a difference between showing no mercy and not trying to win a point right away.

I said he wasn't trying to win the point, he was trying to take Sanada's senses. Like when you purposely don't hit a winner when you can in order to wear an opponent down. That's no mercy while simultaneously not trying to win the point and completely consistent with everything we've said.

You have serious comprehension issues. The point is Yukimura OWNED Sanada. They were not even (whether he was trying is a slightly side issue to the discussion). No one here is a particularly a Yukimura fan, we're just calling the chapter as it is. However there is a Sanada fan boy here....

Please abstain from personal insults such as the part that I've bolded.-Atobe

Atobe the king
July 15, 2009, 11:21 PM
Okay enough with the arguments, back to another topic.

Anyone know when the new OVA's are coming?

javimgol
July 16, 2009, 05:30 AM
I suppose September or sth like that.
But, if you read Japanese, maybe is the word near to OVA in this page http://www.onemanga.com/New_Prince_of_Tennis/9/03/

DavenSodan
July 18, 2009, 04:33 AM
I wonder if they will animate the second series too... If it continues to come out montly then I suppose that this can take a few years till they start. Until then we get 2 OVAs every six(?) months? What I dont like about it is that one of them is about some unfunny comic things... the Osaka ep was lame in my opinion.

KuwabaraTheMan
July 18, 2009, 07:39 AM
I guess it depends on how they choose to handle the new series in animated form. If they go with OVAs, we could get the first OVA of it next year. If they want to actually do a television series, we'll probably have to wait until 2011.

Atobe the king
July 18, 2009, 11:03 AM
Someone NEEDS to make a Sanada OVA to this song..maybe it's just me but it fits him...i listened to this while watching OVA 21..twas awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eso9TDougYc

Sherlock Holmes
July 20, 2009, 01:54 AM
You know, I was thinking...why in the world did Tachibana pair up with Kadowaki, and Richard with Krauser?

Maybe Krauser and Richard being both foreigners had something in common(even though they didn't seem to like each other much.) but why, just why did Tachibana and Kadowaki pair up?

...why is Kadowaki in the camp anyway?

Ravsieg
July 20, 2009, 01:59 PM
Because simply there was no-one else, I guess.

javimgol
July 20, 2009, 04:42 PM
Because simply there was no-one else, I guess.
Poor Tachibana.He really needs a good match,and now he has no friends (for me, it would have much more sense Tezuza-Tachibana, cause they know each other since District Tournament, and Kaidoh-Inui)
In any case, was Richard the one who lost VS Shinji?

Sherlock Holmes
July 20, 2009, 05:43 PM
Poor Tachibana.He really needs a good match,and now he has no friends (for me, it would have much more sense Tezuza-Tachibana, cause they know each other since District Tournament, and Kaidoh-Inui)
No, Richard was the one who lost 6-4 to Sengoku.

Fayte
July 20, 2009, 10:58 PM

Kadowaki lost to Shinji 6-1
Richard lost to Sengoku 6-4

As for Tachibana, I want to see a Tachibana/Atobe or a Tachibana/Shiraishi

alexlw92
July 23, 2009, 10:14 AM
tachibana-chitose rematch?

wait, was chitose there? and who did he play?

Ravsieg
July 24, 2009, 06:32 AM
In where? In the camp?

javimgol
July 24, 2009, 07:15 AM
Tachibana-Richard (I bet 7-0)
Chitose-Kintaroh (I don´t know how Kintaroh is going to beat Saiki, but I'm sure he will)

DavenSodan
July 24, 2009, 10:24 AM
Its easy: it would Chitose simply take to damn frickin' long to score one point out of him. So he certainly must be exhausted after winning the first couple of points imo.

Bowser
July 24, 2009, 12:16 PM
Tachibana-Richard (I bet 7-0)

That's true, I mean Krauser already sent him to hospital, so 7-0 wouldn't be surprising. He plays Kadowaki :D

Its easy: it would Chitose simply take to damn frickin' long to score one point out of him. So he certainly must be exhausted after winning the first couple of points imo.

If it's a drawn out match....omg. It would end up something like this:
Chitose: Well then...lets see what the first one will be...
Chitose: (O_O) Uhh...how troublesome....
Kintaroh: what is it what is it!?!
Chitose: It's 468 shots...

Lol probably not but Chitose has to have the strength to return Kintarou's shots in the first place, so it would probably end after a few shots? Kintarou has unlimited stamina almost.

Ravsieg
July 24, 2009, 02:35 PM
I bet it's like, "It's taking 7 shots but you win it."

DavenSodan
July 24, 2009, 05:17 PM
Or: "Hm, lets see" - he turns on Saiki - "It will be the..." - he stops, closes his eyes, after that he just groans. "Okay, 1.324 shots... lets call it a day then."

Honestly, from what we know about Saiki it can speed up your brain functions but you still need the phiyical ability to make the predictions become true. Or would it an advantage for the average amateur to know how he could win a point against Federer or Nadal if he/she just cannot hit the ball the way his prediction tells him to?

Sherlock Holmes
July 24, 2009, 05:59 PM
True. Even if you are a chessmaster, if you only have pawns and the opponent has say, 8 queens, it's not that it's impossible to win. But it's freaking freaking hard, and would take freaking forever. And I mean it. It would take at least ten to eleven hours, and your opponent had to be a moron.

Chitose is going to lose due to Kintarou having infinite stamina.(On that note, Kintarou would most likely have won against Echizen had it been a full set instead of a point right?)

Ravsieg
July 24, 2009, 06:14 PM
Or: "Hm, lets see" - he turns on Saiki - "It will be the..." - he stops, closes his eyes, after that he just groans. "Okay, 1.324 shots... lets call it a day then."

Honestly, from what we know about Saiki it can speed up your brain functions but you still need the phiyical ability to make the predictions become true. Or would it an advantage for the average amateur to know how he could win a point against Federer or Nadal if he/she just cannot hit the ball the way his prediction tells him to?

This is quite my point. That's why I guess Chitose would predict the correct amount of shots, but that wouldn't prevent him from losing that point.

javimgol
July 25, 2009, 03:19 AM
Chitose makes the prediction which permits him win the points with the minor number of shots. If that prediction includes, as you have said, too much shots, during that rally he won´t have the stamina to keep resisting, so his prediction won't become true and he will lose the point.

DavenSodan
August 13, 2009, 03:35 PM
Hm, one thing that came to my mind recently was if Oshitari can counter Saiki with his Closed Mind thing ala Poker face... well can he? Or not?

Also did any of Hyotei besides Atobe had a completly new technique? Oshitari had his thousand techniques, but they were more for tactical reason, not really special shots. Ootori had just a faster serve and his bad habit was gone. Kabaji just copied. Double 2 showed nothing, didnt they?

Atobe the king
August 13, 2009, 04:03 PM
Nope..they just got suped up is all...

It's fine with me because it made Atobe look even more awesome.

Bowser
August 13, 2009, 04:47 PM
I think Oshtari can. Fuji can with closed eyes, and Oshitari can close his mind right (at least thats what momo said...?)?

We had Hiyoshi able to return Atobe's serve and got rid of his stamina issue. Gakuto got pwned. Yeah, pretty much. Not a very interesting chapter this month though.

javimgol
August 14, 2009, 04:50 AM
Hm, one thing that came to my mind recently was if Oshitari can counter Saiki with his Closed Mind thing ala Poker face... well can he? Or not?

Also did any of Hyotei besides Atobe had a completly new technique? Oshitari had his thousand techniques, but they were more for tactical reason, not really special shots. Ootori had just a faster serve and his bad habit was gone. Kabaji just copied. Double 2 showed nothing, didnt they?
Are you referring to Nationals or U-17?
In Nationals, Ootori & Shishido got Mirage too (another way to destroy Australian formation).In any case, they lost only 3-2 because Seigaku's line-up was horrible and Golden Pair suffered one of the most weird defeats of PoT.

Atobe the king
August 14, 2009, 11:14 AM
how was their line up horrible?

S3- Momo is an awesome singles player..why Konomi made him a doubles "specialist" during Kanto is beyond me

D2 - Inui and Kaido are the best doubles troll team next to Yagyu and Nio, they were the perfect opponents for Enbu boy and Gakuto

S2 - It was tezuka he was beating anyone he played

D1 - it's the golden pair...how is putting them in D1 horrible, and their defeat wasn't weird, player retire to avoid serious injury all the time.

s1 - Ryoma is broken, nuff said

javimgol
August 14, 2009, 12:47 PM
how was their line up horrible?

S3- Momo is an awesome singles player..why Konomi made him a doubles "specialist" during Kanto is beyond me

D2 - Inui and Kaido are the best doubles troll team next to Yagyu and Nio, they were the perfect opponents for Enbu boy and Gakuto

S2 - It was tezuka he was beating anyone he played

D1 - it's the golden pair...how is putting them in D1 horrible, and their defeat wasn't weird, player retire to avoid serious injury all the time.

s1 - Ryoma is broken, nuff said

Golden pair played because of the rain, the players in D1 would have been Kawamura and Fuji, we suppose (they did pretty well before VS Higa).
Silver Pair seems to be much better than Kawamura- Fuji.
In any case, why Fuji, "tensai" and one of the TOP 3 of Seigaku didn't play Singles 1, 2 or 3??. That has no sense at all, except giving emotion to QF and make Fuji's SF more epic.
And for me the key point: if Ryoma hadn´t Tezuka's level (he said that before VS Atobe's match), why was him in S1 VS Atobe? He won almost thanks to a miracle, in a eternal tie-breack and, IMAO, playing worse than Atobe (IMAO, he won only because he was the main character). Ryoma in S1 was a risk.

If Ryuzaki would've been intelligent (Seigaku's Final's line-up was great, well, Konomi designed perfectly the Final), Oshitari would have played VS Ryoma or Fuji, and Seigaku would have had 3-0 at the end of S2. Then, you could have the pair you'd like in D2 VS Silver Pair, losing but winning experience, and Momo, for example (he needed to play VS rivals better than him(http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/277/05/) being destroyed but Atobe. You just need to change Ryoma and Momo's positions, or put Fuji in Momo's place.But in that case QF would have had the same emotion of "who-would-win?" of R/16: zero.

QF was epic, great, and make all of us love Hyotei even more. Momo needed a Singles match, Inui-Kaidoh won a match,and making Atobe VS Ryoma of the most epical moments of Prince of Tennis.But, being logical, Seigaku's line-up wasn´t good

Atobe the king
August 14, 2009, 02:13 PM
for one if you pay attention the semis and quarters were played on the same day....Fuji was rested for Shiraishi.

Also this is a manga not real tennis..you need to give lots of characters screen time..sure it makes more sense to use fuji than Momo but momo hadn't played singles since..Sengoku right?

javimgol
August 14, 2009, 05:00 PM
for one if you pay attention the semis and quarters were played on the same day....Fuji was rested for Shiraishi.

Also this is a manga not real tennis..you need to give lots of characters screen time..sure it makes more sense to use fuji than Momo but momo hadn't played singles since..Sengoku right?
When it was stated they played the same day?
First of all, QF happened in two consecutive days because of the rain.So it has no much sense 3 days playing without rest. And the aftermatch of Shiten VS Fudoumine, with Chitose "exit" of the team, Chitose & Shiraishi, Fuji & Tezuka chats, lineups...since too mucho for just ¿two, three hours?

About the second paragraph, you're right.One of the biggest virtues of Konomi is that he doesn´t forget secondary characters, giving all of them screen time

Atobe the king
August 14, 2009, 10:22 PM
It was on the same day..trust me

Pay attention
Beating Hyotei
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/305/15-16/

Sitting on the lawn. Coach Ryuzaki to Sakuno "If you were here a little earlier..."
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/306/01/

javimgol
August 15, 2009, 04:33 AM
It was on the same day..trust me

Pay attention
Beating Hyotei
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/305/15-16/

Sitting on the lawn. Coach Ryuzaki to Sakuno "If you were here a little earlier..."
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/306/01/
Of course that is true, Shiten VS Fudoumine was the same day as Hyotei VS Seigaku. But after all the Shiten VS Fudoumine, happened all the things I have posted before. And of course has no sense, as I stated before, 3 days playing without rest, they are 15 years old guys

Bowser
August 15, 2009, 06:17 AM
If Ryuzaki would've been intelligent (Seigaku's Final's line-up was great, well, Konomi designed perfectly the Final), Oshitari would have played VS Ryoma or Fuji, and Seigaku would have had 3-0 at the end of S2.

You could say this for every match - stick the best players on straightaway - Have Ryoma v Oshitari, Emerald Pair vs Cancer Enbu pair, Tezuka v Kabajii (or Ryoma v Kabajii lmfao), and win 3-0. You could just stick your two strongest singlist and one strong doubles and win 3-0 like Fudomine, but whats the surprise in that? *Imagines Kabjii imitates Drive B*

Atobe the king
August 15, 2009, 08:49 AM
Of course that is true, Shiten VS Fudoumine was the same day as Hyotei VS Seigaku. But after all the Shiten VS Fudoumine, happened all the things I have posted before. And of course has no sense, as I stated before, 3 days playing without rest, they are 15 years old guys

They were scheduled for the same day, Shiten VS Fudo was most likely delayed so they finished up their QF match as well and then both teams played the semis later that day.

Sea Dragon
August 22, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hey, I'm new to mangahelpers! I've been keeping up with the posts here for a long time and have been tempted to post many times but I never really decided to get an account here...

Anyways, I was just searching around the web the other day and I stumbled across makaioh.livejournal.com. Konomi's new series of songs came out and with it came a minimanga! It's very...... entertaining... purely to appeal to the ladies. I can't read it because I do not know Japanese but I got the general idea.

http://pics.livejournal.com/makaioh/pic/00514r4y/g137

Ravsieg
August 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
That watermelon spilt was... creepy to say the least.

Atobe the king
September 11, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hey, I'm new to mangahelpers! I've been keeping up with the posts here for a long time and have been tempted to post many times but I never really decided to get an account here...

Anyways, I was just searching around the web the other day and I stumbled across makaioh.livejournal.com. Konomi's new series of songs came out and with it came a minimanga! It's very...... entertaining... purely to appeal to the ladies. I can't read it because I do not know Japanese but I got the general idea.

http://pics.livejournal.com/makaioh/pic/00514r4y/g137

Nice contribution:)

And welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay.
[hr]
No one has posted here in a while..

well i felt like showing these..

some old PoT pics i drew in like 06 and 07

Atobe
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Atobe-Keigo-New-135714858

Atobe
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Prince-of-Tennis-Atobe-old-135714706

Tezuka
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Prince-of-Tennis-Tezuka-135714488

Koshimae
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Prince-of-Tennis-Ryoma-135714351

Ryoma Abare Dama
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Echizen-Ryoma-MnK-Abare-Dama-135714229

Shiraishi
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Prince-of-Tennis-Shiraishi-135714089

Sanada
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Prince-of-Tennis-Sanada-135713967

Renji
http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Prince-of-Tennis-Renji-135713623

Little Princess
September 16, 2009, 01:08 AM
Okay, I have a couple of questions about the exact time in which each of the Seigaku Regulars earned the right to wear The Jersey for the first time.

We know for sure that Echizen became a regular in April of his first year, i.e. during the first Intra-School Tournament of the academic year. We also know that Taka-san also became a regular in that tournament, in what was April of his third year.

Now, it's been implied that Tezuka became a regular in September of his first year, i.e. after he'd been through the training reserved to the 'unofficial members' of the club (let's remember that, in Japan, before you become a full member, you have to go through several months of training/ball picking, etc...)

My questions are these:

Both Momo and Kaidoh start their second year as regulars. Does that mean that they became regulars in the last Intra-School Tournament of their first year (i.e. March)? Somehow it seems to me that they've been regulars for a bit longer...

We also know (thanks to Momo) that by the time PoT starts, Inui has been a regular for six months, which means that he became a regular in Oct/Nov of his second year. But, when exactly did Eiji, Oishi and Fuji become regulars? Is there any official source which mentions the exact month/year or do we have to guess?

My best guess is that they all became regulars in April of their second year.

To finish off and since it seems like Tezuka, Momo and Kaidoh all became a regular at some point during their first year, it would seem that the affirmation that Echizen is 'Seigaku's First Ever First Year Regular' is wrong, I think that Echizen is indeed the very first First Year student to become a regular BEFORE becoming an official member of the Tennis Club. Which, to me, sounds a lot more impressive....

[/useless rant] :p

Sherlock Holmes
October 03, 2009, 05:16 PM
I was browsing Tvtropes and saw this on an article:

FanNickname (Gakuto is known in the English speaking fandom as "Cancer" due to the fact he has never won a single match. Popularized after his match VS Oshitari in the Shin Prince of Tennis manga.

HAHAHAHAHA, Who put that there?

javimgol
October 04, 2009, 11:04 AM
I was browsing Tvtropes and saw this on an article:

HAHAHAHAHA, Who put that there?
I feel important in the world, I invented that nickname:p
Well, it's not Sherlock Atobe VS Hiyoshi prediction but it's a good begining XD

Fayte
October 18, 2009, 11:31 PM
Guys, this just in, I was totally right about Renji's "Utsusemi" being a slight backhand topspin, and not a slice. I just saw it animated. Come on guys, that's pretty good judgment for a single panel.

Manga:
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/356/08/

Anime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nOD6c3cA
@6:24

javimgol
October 19, 2009, 02:48 AM
Guys, this just in, I was totally right about Renji's "Utsusemi" being a slight backhand topspin, and not a slice. I just saw it animated. Come on guys, that's pretty good judgment for a single panel.

Manga:
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/356/08/

Anime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nOD6c3cA
@6:24
Well, anime is not true canon, right?Anyways, good guess

Bowser
October 19, 2009, 11:00 AM
Actually, OVA was actualy pretty accurate if you ask me. And anywayz, how do you make a ball roll forward by doing a slice :D

Fayte
October 19, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well, anime is not true canon, right?Anyways, good guess

If it happened in the manga is it real lol. It is just animated.

Atobe the king
October 20, 2009, 09:58 AM
Actually, OVA was actualy pretty accurate if you ask me. And anywayz, how do you make a ball roll forward by doing a slice :D

Really now? Ryoma using Rai, no KaRinRai, etc they had a lot of little non canon nuances. More accurate than the anime for sure, but there are still discrepancies here and there.

For the most part...but they do tend to make shit up for some moves (zan)

I take animated versions of unseen moves with a grain of salt, because to me it still looks like a slice...or it has some slice on it, it's too soft a shot to be a backhand and the position renji was in looked like it's part of a net approach. The position looks like a lot of pro's when they do an approach shot.

Jyten
October 20, 2009, 10:34 AM

Lol, I think the word here is cannon not real...I wonder how many of those moves people or a machine could actually pull off? Hit a ball so hard it throws people many feet into the air?

But I agree with Atobe, this is just manga, its supposed to tell a story not a guide on how to play tennis. :P

/side note Atobe due to your sig do you play BlazBlue on the PS3? If you do,we should totally play. Granted, if your a Jin player I'll have to switch from Rachel to Noel...stupid ice freeze nonsense....

Atobe the king
October 20, 2009, 02:35 PM
I know PoT is unrealisitc, but Konomi knows his shit, the rules, the shots, the positioning..he's probably watched a couple hundred tennis matches in his life lol everything is based off some principle or another (well..up until the kanto arc lmao)

Yes..i am a Jin..yes i have a ps3..

You hate freeze? well freakin D move invincibility >_< XP

We'll continue this convo via PM

Fayte
October 20, 2009, 03:37 PM
For the most part...but they do tend to make shit up for some moves (zan)

If it happened in the manga is it real

Zan was technically never shown in the manga, so it could not be shown in the anime.

I take animated versions of unseen moves with a grain of salt, because to me it still looks like a slice...or it has some slice on it, it's too soft a shot to be a backhand and the position renji was in looked like it's part of a net approach. The position looks like a lot of pro's when they do an approach shot.

Utsusemi was certainly not unseen. We saw Renji do it, and we know exactly what it does. There is nothing about it we don't know. The only thing we did NOT know, was the animation in which he hit the ball, since a book is obviously not animated.

Utsusemi can not be compared with Zan.

Atobe the king
October 20, 2009, 03:56 PM
Gosh dude...

anyway Zan was an example..it was animated twice yet it was never seen in the manga.

The only thing we did NOT know, was the animation in which he hit the ball

Which happens to be the most important part of the shot..if we don't know that we don't know much of anything. It's sort of like Temporal difference hell.

Fayte
October 20, 2009, 05:34 PM
Which happens to be the most important part of the shot..if we don't know that we don't know much of anything. It's sort of like Temporal difference hell.

I don't understand why you think this. The animation doesn't mean anything if you understand the position he hit the ball, and what the ball does. I know exactly how Temporal Difference Hell is hit without even seeing it animated, so I don't see how it relates.

Atobe the king
October 20, 2009, 07:22 PM
Because TDH didn't show the entire shot..we know exactly how Ka or COOL drive work, while these two techniques weren't shown in their entirety.

If you understood the position he hit the ball it then you wouldn't be calling it a top spin back hand...when he has the racket head low and the ball landed within Inui/Kaidos service box..indicating that it was a slice volley.

Fayte
October 21, 2009, 08:46 AM
If you understood the position he hit the ball it then you wouldn't be calling it a top spin back hand...when he has the racket head low and the ball landed within Inui/Kaidos service box..indicating that it was a slice volley.

Do you remember when I said this when the chapter first came out? lol

Why would I say it was a topspin-backhand if (to me) it did not look like it?

Atobe the king
November 03, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yep i do remember that...and i remember saying that i thought it was a slice approach shot lol.

You could be right..I'm hoping we see him do it properly.
[hr]
Sanada has an older brother who's slightly more badass lmao

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/akbaraizen/Persona%203%20And%20Trinity%20soul/AkihikoSanada_Status.jpg

Sherlock Holmes
November 03, 2009, 03:00 AM
* Niou is known as Magnificent Bastard, due to him being...Well, a magnificent bastard. A running gag in the fandom is that Niou is planning all the events in the series.
* Richard is known as "Lost to Sengoku 6-4"

Okay, someone here has got to be editing tvtropes haha.
Who is it?

javimgol
November 03, 2009, 03:43 AM
Okay, someone here has got to be editing tvtropes haha.
Who is it?

You?
And they should put the the Gakutoh=Cancer issue

Sherlock Holmes
November 03, 2009, 03:49 AM
You?
And they should put the the Gakutoh=Cancer issue

Gakuto=Cancer was there until recently, someone must have taken it down for some reason.

And nah, not me. I lose enough time just looking at tvtropes. If I actually edited articles...brrr.

Atobe the king
November 04, 2009, 08:39 AM
its not me...though i have an account, i have edited PoT and BlazBlue before but not in months.
[hr]
Ughh..so i go into the book store with 10 bucks..yay it's volume 34..echizen vs atobe is finally here...

*picks up book*
*looks at back cover*
*See's 9.99*
*FUCKKKKK!*

javimgol
November 04, 2009, 09:26 AM
its not me...though i have an account, i have edited PoT and BlazBlue before but not in months.
<hr noshade size="1">
Ughh..so i go into the book store with 10 bucks..yay it's volume 34..echizen vs atobe is finally here...

*picks up book*
*looks at back cover*
*See's 9.99*
*FUCKKKKK!*
Volume 34? In Spain we have 36!

Sherlock Holmes
November 04, 2009, 03:27 PM
<hr noshade size="1">

*picks up book*
*looks at back cover*
*See's 9.99*
*FUCKKKKK!*

Just to clarify to some posters from other countries who might not have understood that, in the US and in Canada, you always have to pay the price of a product+a little bit more in taxes. Nothing costs what it seems to cost.

...I hate that, by the way.

javimgol
November 05, 2009, 03:27 AM
Just to clarify to some posters from other countries who might not have understood that, in the US and in Canada, you always have to pay the price of a product+a little bit more in taxes. Nothing costs what it seems to cost.

...I hate that, by the way.
Here it happens too, but only in big products (electronics, cars, houses) and in restaurants. It always reminder me first scene of Reservoir Dogs :p

10 bucks? Here it costs 7.5 euros, similar with the actual 1 euro/1.5 dollars

Atobe the king
November 05, 2009, 07:09 AM
It used to be 7.95....and with Manhattan tax about 8.65...and 10 bucks is more than enough to cover it...but Viz raised the prices starting this week.

Sherlock Holmes
November 14, 2009, 12:34 AM
I just caught up with prince of afterschool(well, at least the already scanned strips)
...They are hysterical. My favorite one is the two Oshitaris discussion.

http://img05.nj.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/4993/01-005.0/compressed/dprince_of_tennis_tribute_5.07.jpg

Akiyama
November 15, 2009, 04:49 PM
Shin Prince of Tennis wallpaper
I found this over at Jump SQ (http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/contents/train/index.html), 1395 x 1046 pixels, with no text other than a small line for credits. (which could easily be edited out)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/Wallpaper/th_pc_tennis.jpg (http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/Wallpaper/pc_tennis.jpg)

javimgol
January 29, 2010, 01:12 PM
I just bought last Volume of PoT and I noticed sth
Do you remeber the trick that Rikkai used in SFs: lost the first two matches to help Akaya to reach his limit and evolve?

Here appears Niou, just with the word Swindled (he 's the Swindler of the courts)http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/339/01/ His face isn't shown

Then, the people who appears are the D1 pair,Niou and Renji, the captain and the first pair who lost, Bunta and Jackal http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/339/02/
Yagyyu, who "lost" the first match isn´t showed at all. Maybe it could be just a mistake...or not. I got two theories (being in exams time makes your imagination fly a lot)

1) 80% possible. The plan was Niou's idea. That's why he appears just with the word Swindled, and then he says that phrase

2) 10% possible, compatible with the first one. Yagyyu and Niou changed places again!!Niou played as Yagyyu in S3: he couldn't make a true Laser Shot,so the lose was more credible; and I see Niou as someone who liked to lost first and later laugh. Then, the "Niou" who appears with Renji, is Yagyyu. WHY?The words he uses "It's our responsibility to disillusion our young ones", or "Our rookie has opened our eyes" (in the Spanish translation) seems too polite for Niou. In fact, Niou never says so much words

What do you think (I know someone which name begins with Sherl that will like it)?

-Ken-
January 29, 2010, 01:27 PM
I don't have to the volume with me right now so I can't say anything on the volume. But that is quite possible.

In the last volume, the story at the end after the last chapter just mess up the story more than ever. Echizen come back to the school from US when his senpai are graduating and challenged Tezuka to a match. Did this means that AFTER shin prince of tennis he will leave yet again? And Echizen wouldn't have a match with Tezuka at all in this story, or if he has, he will lose? Otherwise, there's just no need for the rematch, is there?

Sherlock Holmes
January 29, 2010, 03:06 PM
I just bought last Volume of PoT and I noticed sth
Do you remeber the trick that Rikkai used in SFs: lost the first two matches to help Akaya to reach his limit and evolve?

Here appears Niou, just with the word Swindled (he 's the Swindler of the courts)http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/339/01/ His face isn't shown

Then, the people who appears are the D1 pair,Niou and Renji, the captain and the first pair who lost, Bunta and Jackal http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/339/02/
Yagyyu, who "lost" the first match isn´t showed at all. Maybe it could be just a mistake...or not. I got two theories (being in exams time makes your imagination fly a lot)

1) 80% possible. The plan was Niou's idea. That's why he appears just with the word Swindled, and then he says that phrase

2) 10% possible, compatible with the first one. Yagyyu and Niou changed places again!!Niou played as Yagyyu in S3: he couldn't make a true Laser Shot,so the lose was more credible; and I see Niou as someone who liked to lost first and later laugh. Then, the "Niou" who appears with Renji, is Yagyyu. WHY?The words he uses "It's our responsibility to disillusion our young ones", or "Our rookie has opened our eyes" (in the Spanish translation) seems too polite for Niou. In fact, Niou never says so much words

What do you think (I know someone which name begins with Sherl that will like it)?

I like the idea that Niou is behind everything in the manga. He planned absolutely everything. Everything. Even his own birth.

The Niou that played with Renji is definitely Niou though. It would be against the rules not to be him, since the umpire announced the pair as Renji-Niou.

Still, I think Niou was the one who planned the swindle, though the original idea was Yukimura's.

Sanada DEFINITELY wouldn't listen to anyone but Yuki, so I like to think it went like this:

Yukimura: We need to make Kirihara stronger. Any ideas?
Bunta: We'll use radioactive candy.
Jackal: Shave his head. That makes people stronger.
Yagyuu: Let's teach him golf.
Sanada: We'll violently hit him with tennis balls.
Renji: We'll operate on him and artificially put skill into his brain.
Niou: We'll swindle the hell outta him and make him think he is actually important.
Yukimura: Hm, I like the sound of that.
Renji: I could get the tools-
Yukimura: No. No, just no. I meant Niou.
Renji: Oh.

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000009/00000202/18-19.jpg
For that matter, I love Kikumaru's "oh crap" face after he is tricked by Niou.

-Ken-
January 29, 2010, 03:18 PM
It feel weird to see you talk about rules Sherlock. I got a feeling these guys don't care about rules at all, look at their play, they break all physics rules that came on the top of my head, and I know they are going to break more in this POT2. The last thing that happen that put me in awe is that Kenya run on water, remind me of Plumed Basilisk. Think they might be playing tennis on water or ice sometimes?

I love your Jackal and Renji comment, those are awesome.

Kaoz
January 29, 2010, 03:35 PM
I like the idea that Niou is behind everything in the manga. He planned absolutely everything. Everything. Even his own birth.

The Niou that played with Renji is definitely Niou though. It would be against the rules not to be him, since the umpire announced the pair as Renji-Niou.

Still, I think Niou was the one who planned the swindle, though the original idea was Yukimura's.

Sanada DEFINITELY wouldn't listen to anyone but Yuki, so I like to think it went like this:

Niou: We'll swindle the hell outta him and make him think he is actually important.

Somehow I can imagine this...
You forgot to add Niou: Puri. though.

javimgol
January 29, 2010, 04:15 PM

Hahahahha
Great speech:D

javimgol
June 06, 2010, 01:45 PM
Volume 2 of Shin Prince of Tennis ranked 35 in this half year, pretty good considering that Naruto, Bleach, One Piece or Fairy Tail have half of the positions before PoT and the pace of manga has been ruined since it become monthly

http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/ranking/2010/bookrank0603/index11.html
http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/ranking/2010/bookrank0603/index12.html

Offtopic: Pretty happy too that my other favourite mangas, One Piece, FMA (the third in the ranking) and Bakuman also get amazing results

Kaiten
August 02, 2010, 05:02 PM
There has been a minor change to the Shin Prince of Tennis forum:

The U-17 forum is now a chapter/review archive. When a new chapter comes out old discussions will be moved there. All threads from U-17 are now on the front page, along with the current/upcoming chapter discussion, the hangout, and spoiler thread. This format is used in all forums of comparable size including Psyren, D. Gray Man, Reborn, and Claymore.

Fuji Shusuke
January 21, 2011, 03:38 AM

Even though he used Forest, the massive spin would still cause and effect on the racquet because Forest is a light drop shot and if a ball of high rotation touches a slow moving racquet it should send the ball flying sideways.
[hr]

Actually in the OVA it shows that during Utsusemi, Yanagi's racquet is still sliding upwards after he hit it, indicating it is in fact a topspin.

Kaoz
January 21, 2011, 10:00 AM
Even though he used Forest, the massive spin would still cause and effect on the racquet because Forest is a light drop shot and if a ball of high rotation touches a slow moving racquet it should send the ball flying sideways.

Actually Rin isn't necessarily a drop, it just represents a concept of silence. Regardless of whether it's used as a drop, a lob or a normal shot, it negates nearly all power and spin of an opponent's shot, thus rendering TPhantom useless.

Actually in the OVA it shows that during Utsusemi, Yanagi's racquet is still sliding upwards after he hit it, indicating it is in fact a topspin.

What Atobe is saying is that the anime/OVAs tend to make stuff up and they are wrong every now and then.

Kusako
April 01, 2011, 11:51 AM
I like tennis a lot, because I like sport and gym...I like working muscles, and sometimes play with racket...Tennis is really lovely, and I like this manga as well...

shinobilyf
April 09, 2011, 12:03 AM
Hii you guyss ! :D I'm new here so yeah.. LOL oh well, I really love Prince of Tennis, and New Prince of Tennis is pretty cool too. :P

Kaoz
April 09, 2011, 03:05 AM
Welcome to MangaHelpers, enjoy your stay.

BakaHaze
April 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
Heya guys. I finished PoT a while back, but because of the low number of chapters in NewPoT I didn't start.

Is it worth getting into? Semi-synopsis of what's happening in the new storyline?

Thanks. :D

FujiNumberOne
April 26, 2011, 12:46 AM
You should definitely get into it. Yeah, you'll catch up fast, which sucks, but it's just as good as PoT so if you liked that, you'll like this, too. Hmm, semi-synopsis...well, a bunch of the middle schoolers get invited to a junior selection tennis camp that usually is only permitted for high schoolers.

BakaHaze
April 27, 2011, 04:55 AM
Sounds good :D

Kaoz
November 05, 2011, 05:07 AM
I sat down with some other people recently and we compiled a playstyle chart for the SPoT characters, in case anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjekAZRWB0kWdFJ3V0F0QXVJVnRscUg4dlZ6eVN5aWc

How to read this:
-Name = character name (obviously)
-Primary Playstyle = one of Aggressive Baseliner [AB], All-Rounder [AR], Counter Puncher [CP], Serve and Volleyer [SV]
-Substyle(s) = specific playstyle(s) (see below for further information)

The Substyles column is a product of Pair Puri 10, where the Counter Puncher playstyles were broken down into Aggressive, Defensive and Technical.

In other words, the substyles for the CPs are based on that, whereas we determined the ones for ABs and SVs on our own. Following is a short explanation for each substyle...

Aggressive Baseliner

Power
Trys to overwhelm the opponent with powerful shots, like Jack Knife or Hadokyuu.

Technical
Attacks by hitting precise shots. A prime example would be Nakagauchi vs Krauser.

Counter Puncher

Defensive
Trys to return as many shots as possible and wear the opponent down that way.

Offensive
Returns every shot as fast as possible, giving the opponent less time to react and forcing them into errors.

Technical
Attempts to make the opponent hit his strongest technique and defeat it.

Serve and Volleyer

Acrobat
Utilizes Acrobatic Play.

Server
Relies on a strong serve.

Technical
Trys to score with well placed volleys.

We figured that All-Rounders would use the same substyles, but are capable of using multiple ones effectively.

If someone is not on the list, it means their style wasn't shown in any of the Data Books/Pair Puris, and there is not enough data available to make an educated guess.

Fuji Shusuke
November 05, 2011, 05:29 AM
Nice list there. Also, it's about time this abandoned sticky had some action again.

Brandnewkid
January 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
Wait a minute, when the hell does SPoT take place? I thought it took place over the summer. So why is it that in chapter 21, Kenya says "It's bad to go swimming in the winter?" And during Atobe's match with Irie, it begins to snow. But then, during Irie's match with Koyou, we see autumn leaves. Apparently the U-17 is set in another dimension.

Dressrosa
January 13, 2012, 05:21 AM
Wait a minute, when the hell does SPoT take place? I thought it took place over the summer. So why is it that in chapter 21, Kenya says "It's bad to go swimming in the winter?" And during Atobe's match with Irie, it begins to snow. But then, during Irie's match with Koyou, we see autumn leaves. Apparently the U-17 is set in another dimension.

The databooks said that it takes place two months after the National Tournament. See Fuji's history. (http://fanbook.livejournal.com/46683.html) He was said to participate in the U-17 camp in November. It's likely their Fall season. So no, U-17 is not set in another dimension. LOL.

LetalHawk
January 14, 2012, 03:29 PM
If it takes place in November, why the hell the characters aren't more grown up or mature, Ryoma should be in second year and the others a year above, most of them should be in High School?

Kaoz
January 14, 2012, 03:33 PM
If it takes place in November, why the hell the characters aren't more grown up or mature, Ryoma should be in second year and the others a year above, most of them should be in High School?

Japan starts school in spring afaik, so no, they are still in their current years.

LetalHawk
January 14, 2012, 03:38 PM
Japan starts school in spring afaik, so no, they are still in their current years.

Thanks, I was confused and I tought it was weird.

Atobe the king
January 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
yeah, typically april is the start of a new year.

Airgrimes
January 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
But Ryoma and Kintaro should have grown slightly. Look how frickin tall Ootori is as a 2nd Year.

Atobe the king
January 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
Not really...its only been a few months after, and we all know the body doesn't really work that way. Ootori is tall probably because he's a big server.

-Ken-
January 15, 2012, 03:13 AM
It's not just Ootori through... Look at most 1st year and compare them to 2nd year (beside Krauser) and you'll see the difference in their height.

Brandnewkid
January 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
I've been wondering, can Shiraishi also inflict the Yips? His tennis and Yukimura's tennis are more or less the same.

Kaoz
January 23, 2012, 05:29 PM
I've been wondering, can Shiraishi also inflict the Yips? His tennis and Yukimura's tennis are more or less the same.

Only in the sense that neither uses any special shots (well, Shiraishi has Entaku Shot, but that's about it). If you look at it more closely, you can see that Shiraishi plays much more offensively than Yukimura, with the goal to actually hit winners.

That being said, Yips in that form is Yukimura's personal ability, so Shiraishi (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't be able to emulate it.

Yukimura's "Yips" is not a play style or an ability.
Yukimura's strength by itself causes those around him to inadvertently tense up.
It might feel like "The World of Yukimura"?

http://fanbook.livejournal.com/29508.html

Kaoz
March 01, 2012, 06:18 PM
Reread the revolution chapters and noticed something...

This is how Synchro usually looks like (notice their eyes):
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/56/4

Yet when Oishi and Niou synchro, their eyes remain unchanged:
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/56/3

And when Niou uses Illusion to "become" one of the twins, their eyes return to normal as well:
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/61/9

This supports the theory about Illusion that Niou doesn't actually become that person and can't use their techniques however he pleases.

It also shows that Synchro pairs are pretty bad outside of Synchro or that the mountain camp might have allowed the losers to improve more than we originally thought.

Airgrimes
March 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
Not really...its only been a few months after, and we all know the body doesn't really work that way. Ootori is tall probably because he's a big server.

Being a big server doesnt increase your height. We all know that lol.
I would expect just before they become 2nd Years Kintaro and Ryoma would quit being shrimps haha.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Reread the revolution chapters and noticed something...

This is how Synchro usually looks like (notice their eyes):
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/56/4

Yet when Oishi and Niou synchro, their eyes remain unchanged:
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/56/3

And when Niou uses Illusion to "become" one of the twins, their eyes return to normal as well:
http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/61/9

This supports the theory about Illusion that Niou doesn't actually become that person and can't use their techniques however he pleases.

It also shows that Synchro pairs are pretty bad outside of Synchro or that the mountain camp might have allowed the losers to improve more than we originally thought.

I never thought he could use the person's abilities as he pleased. Konomi made it clear there were limits.
But Niou can use Synchro. I do believe there will be limits to Tezuka even in the Chapter 72onwards battle.

perroloco
March 10, 2012, 10:26 PM
Guys does anyone know where this trailer was shown? Was it like after an OVA or something? I want it on HQ, and if possible with subs (I rememeber watching it with subs on youtube but it got removed) This is the trailer (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5emze_prince-of-tennis-oav-national-final_shortfilms)

Kaoz
March 11, 2012, 03:22 AM
Guys does anyone know where this trailer was shown? Was it like after an OVA or something? I want it on HQ, and if possible with subs (I rememeber watching it with subs on youtube but it got removed) This is the trailer (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5emze_prince-of-tennis-oav-national-final_shortfilms)

Don't take my word for it as I'm completly unsure about this, but I believe that was the next episode preview in episode 19 or 20 of the National OVAs.

Airgrimes
March 11, 2012, 09:07 AM

the ost used in this is my favourite OST from the WHOLE series.

mystictapion
March 26, 2012, 07:07 AM
When the next Jump Square will be released?

Darjaille
March 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Jump SQ comes out on 4th of the month, spoilers are usually out around 1st ^^

Asclepius
March 27, 2012, 08:11 AM
Why did they pick the ugliest team for the cover?
Anyway, can anyone tell me what is this deluxe edition? Are those a reprint of first volumes of Shin Prince of Tennis?

Shûeisha :
Tennis no Ôjisama - Season 3 #01-02 (Deluxe) :
http://t.imgbox.com/aabo18Vl.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aabo18Vl) http://t.imgbox.com/aaiU3Y6m.jpg (http://imgbox.com/aaiU3Y6m)

Sai_the_Shaman
March 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
the Perfect Editions of Teinpuri are separated into Seasons and are a perfect reprinting of the 1st series on high quality paper and such.

Season 1 went up to the Prefecturals
Season 2 was the Kantou Regional
Season 3 will finish it with the Nationals.

Atobe the king
March 30, 2012, 03:34 AM
Where's my PoT ps3 Kusoge :(

LetalHawk
March 30, 2012, 04:14 AM

What's that, a new game of POT or Shin?

Fayte
March 30, 2012, 07:04 AM

Link to what this is please.

Fuji Shusuke
March 30, 2012, 07:49 AM
What Atobe meant was: "where is my shitty Prince of Tennis game for ps3?".

Atobe the king
March 30, 2012, 10:17 AM
Lol...was kinda assuming everyone knew what a kusoge is...but i suppose its a term i mostly use/hear in the FGC. But yeah...kusoge means shit game basically...usually used for games that are bad but fun (like...Sengoku Basara X or Hokuto No Ken fighter by arc system works). So yeah....while the PoT games are fun to us because we're fans....a non anime tennis fan or someone looking for a sim would consider it pretty shitty...well most anime games with any entertainment value end up as kusoge lol...

So yeah....we haven't had one on handheld since Crystal Drive...and we haven't had one on console since FTST...which was what....04? I have yet to be able to Rai in a PoT game and it's bothering me...even a psp title would be appreciated since psp didnt get any PoT love during its run..which isn't quite over yet in japan.

Airgrimes
March 30, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'd much rather a PoT game on the Wii hahaha. I dont touch mine but I would probably bring it out to be able to look silly performing FuuRinKaZanInRai and the Counters.
Would be great.

Fayte
March 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
So yeah....we haven't had one on handheld since Crystal Drive...and we haven't had one on console since FTST...which was what....04? I have yet to be able to Rai in a PoT game and it's bothering me...even a psp title would be appreciated since psp didnt get any PoT love during its run..which isn't quite over yet in japan.

I think Smash Hit 2 was the best PoT game ever made in terms of game mechanics. In comparison to FTST it was lacking in rosters and techniques, but my goodness was the game fluid and responsive. My gripe with FTST was the fact every character ran like Sonic the Hedgehog and that there was a stupid long panorama cutscene for every technique executed. It really took away from the fluidity that SH2 had and it made me just want to take another bite of my pizza every time I would do a technique. My vote goes to a Smash Hit 3, complete with all characters and techniques. I want to cry just thinking about it.

LetalHawk
March 31, 2012, 04:32 AM
A new game including all the players from Nationals, in 3D. And a full story mode that starts with regionals and goes all the way to the nationals, and ends with EchiEn vs Yukimura. It would be the best POT game. I want to Yama Arashi in a POT game, that'd be crazy.

Airgrimes
March 31, 2012, 05:05 AM
A new game including all the players from Nationals, in 3D. And a full story mode that starts with regionals and goes all the way to the nationals, and ends with EchiEn vs Yukimura. It would be the best POT game. I want to Yama Arashi in a POT game, that'd be crazy.

Why stop there? Lol since Konomi is all about the money with SPoT wouldnt an SPoT Smash Hit be great?
I'd love to play as Oni, Yamato or Irie.

LetalHawk
March 31, 2012, 05:17 AM
Why stop there? Lol since Konomi is all about the money with SPoT wouldnt an SPoT Smash Hit be great?
I'd love to play as Oni, Yamato or Irie.

Or with First stringers lol.

Atobe the king
March 31, 2012, 02:18 PM
I think Smash Hit 2 was the best PoT game ever made in terms of game mechanics. In comparison to FTST it was lacking in rosters and techniques, but my goodness was the game fluid and responsive. My gripe with FTST was the fact every character ran like Sonic the Hedgehog and that there was a stupid long panorama cutscene for every technique executed. It really took away from the fluidity that SH2 had and it made me just want to take another bite of my pizza every time I would do a technique. My vote goes to a Smash Hit 3, complete with all characters and techniques. I want to cry just thinking about it.

I treat SH/FTST like i do another century's episode 2/3...you really need both because they both have certain overwhelming advantages over each other. I agree i have more fun with 2....but its lacking some of the characters i love playing...or has shitty versions of them like SH2 sanada lol. I want a SH2 style game as well...with everyone in it...it shouldnt be too hard...SH used like...the same models for everyone minus uniform and hair anyway.

Most of them dont have "stories" though SH2 had a cool mode where you reenact matches from a certain point in the match. SH2 had pair mode (finals for pair mode are so intense lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4How929kr8 141 shot rallies GO! ). While FTST you had teams of 5 random players and got to choose the order and stuff...it was a looot of fun lol.

Fayte
March 31, 2012, 11:08 PM
but its lacking some of the characters i love playing...or has shitty versions of them like SH2 sanada lol.

Don't get me started on that abomination of a character. The only good thing about him was his 90 degree angle serve. Everything else was retarded and inaccurate to the manga. Not to mention his health bar was a freaking peanut. I find that absolutely ridiculous due to the fact Sanada arguably has more stamina than 99% of every PoT character in the entire series.

SH2 had pair mode (finals for pair mode are so intense lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4How929kr8 141 shot rallies GO! ).

You reminded me of two things:

1) SH2 Sanada is a disgrace.
2) SH2 Tezuka is freaking OP.

Atobe the king
April 01, 2012, 01:48 PM
SH2 Tezuka had stats on par with Nanjiro....it was so dumb lol. FTST had much more accurate stats, he was only slightly OP instead of win button like SH2. They nerfed Atobe in FTST....

At the time i dont think much was known about sanada since all his moves were made up and all akaya had that was correct was the knuckle serve. And lets not talk about renjis made up crap either lol.

Kaoz
April 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Some random stuff.. nothing really important, but I had free time on my hands, so...

If you look at the room distribution from PP6 (http://fanbook.livejournal.com/38619.html), you can see that there are 18 free rooms. Given that Tanegashima has a room for himself, this probably holds true for the rest of the 1st Stringers as well, suggesting that really only 18 left.
Now we know that Tanegashima was one of the two that stayed behind, but the question is who's the second one, and I think it might be Irie. For once, Oni compared Irie's situation to his own during the team shuffle (http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v05/c042/5.html), secondly as you may have noticed, the G10 refer to each other with their first names rather frequently, and Tanegashima called Irie "Kanata" (http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v05/c047/1.html) while adressing Tokugawa by his last name (http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c027/9.html). It's small things, but oh well.

In that case I'd think the court distribution before the 1st Stringers left was something like this:

1st Court
Byoudouin, Tanegashima, Duke, Irie, Oni, Kaji, Kimijima, Tohno

2nd Court
Ochi, Mouri, Tokugawa, Date, Ban, Ohmagari, Mutsu, Mutsu

3rd Court
Fuwa, Taira, Hara, Hakamada, Mitsuya, Akiba, Washio(?), Suzuki(?)

The idea is that Tanegashima, Irie, Oni and Tokugawa all decided to stay behind, and they decided for whatever reason that they needed only two replacements, allowing the other singles players to move up in rank. I put Tokugawa as 2nd court because that way he'd play Byoudouin in 1st Court vs 2nd Court team shuffles. Washio/Suzuki are there for the same reason, just with the twins instead (and because I couldn't think of anyone else who had to be there).

[hr]

And on a completly different note, Southern Cross (http://mangafox.me/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c030/11.html) produces a total of 12 balls for whatever that's worth.

FrostyMouse
April 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
Perhaps, Kaoz. I think you're reading a tad too much into it. Irie even calls Tanegashima "Shuu-san," but we still don't know what it amounts to.

It does work out that it's 19 players, but the question still remains about what happened to the extra player that Ryoga replaced, or whatever.

Kaoz
April 26, 2012, 10:36 AM
Perhaps, Kaoz. I think you're reading a tad too much into it. Irie even calls Tanegashima "Shuu-san," but we still don't know what it amounts to.

Sure, I've never said it's definitely like this, or even that it's super likely or anything.

It does work out that it's 19 players, but the question still remains about what happened to the extra player that Ryoga replaced, or whatever.

What extra player? I'm saying that 18 left and 19 came back.