PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Raftel Discussion Thread

neild
October 04, 2006, 06:27 AM
what do you think is in raftel?
i mean do people live there?is there a town in raftel island? and why can't we go directly there??i thought the earth is a circle...u CAN go through there. i mean think about it, even enel can use his ship to fly there...right??

second question is "one piece" is buried in raftel??or not..or we dont know??
i think we know from the anime only gold d roger has ever come to raftel,right?

ready to hear for your thoughts everyone!!
thanks

Title edited to make it more standout ~ bax

alekosss_kenpachi
October 04, 2006, 09:08 AM
I thought that the only way to enter Grand line is from the 5 Reverse mountains!Moreover another reason u cannot go to Raftel is that noone knows it's exact location which means that u have to wander through the islands of Grand Line with ur log pose till u reach raftel.

bax
October 04, 2006, 09:47 AM
There is 2 main reasons that I can state here...

1. Like alekoss_kenpachi said, you need to set your Log Posse (No known Eternal Posse to Raftel revealed yet)

2. The time itself. Well, the magnetic field that changes from island to island. Some may take hours, and some may take years. So, it's so happened that when Roger discovered Raftel, we can safely said he was at the right place (on an island where the magnetic field change towards Raftel) and the right moment (when the magnetic field change).

neild
October 04, 2006, 11:06 AM
wow...u are so knowledgeable..thanks man...that helps...but why people know about raftel..if they never been there...the one who told the story must have been there

Anti-panda
October 04, 2006, 05:56 PM
Well Theoretically Raftel is at the "End" of the grandline. We know roger is the only man to sail the entire grand line, and since we are told Raftel is at the end it must mean that it's either the end of the grandline, Meaning it's set up so you can exit there but not enter. Or simply once you get there your search will be at an end... but anyway you look at it Raftel is a long llloooonngg.... way off. Like years and years off to see it as One piece is comming to an end kinda thing. Should shed some light on things no matter what though cause considering roger is supposedly the only man to have made it there ... who knows.

bax
October 06, 2006, 05:36 AM
Well Theoretically Raftel is at the "End" of the grandline. We know roger is the only man to sail the entire grand line, and since we are told Raftel is at the end it must mean that it's either the end of the grandline, Meaning it's set up so you can exit there but not enter.

Sure, but I'm imagining that Raftel is actually near the Logue Town, near the entrance of GL. Let me picture it...

================ ==================
=== ===
<RAFTEL> <exit only> (LT) <enter only> *this is where the whale Laboon is
=== ===
================ =================

But what people like Don Krieg who has been into the GrandLine and return, but still don't reach Raftel. here's my theory. It is because the exit of the GL also has it's own magnetic field, so all the ships can be guided there. And since, all the water in GL flow to this exit, without a Log Posse, you can still find the exit.

Raftel is hard to reach because, like I said before, the time itself. The time of when the magnetic field from the nearest island to Raftel changed and pointing Raftel. This magnetic change could be only changing once in 20 or 30 years. So, Roger was there when the magnetic field changed and pointed to Raftel. If this is the case, so it's easy to imagine why from the start of the Great Pirate Era (after Roger's death), people still don't found Raftel. Because they don't have any guidance to go there.

alekosss_kenpachi
October 06, 2006, 12:09 PM
Sure, but I'm imagining that Raftel is actually near the Logue Town, near the entrance of GL. Let me picture it...

================ ==================
=== ===
<RAFTEL> <exit only> (LT) <enter only> *this is where the whale Laboon is
=== ===
================ =================

But what people like Don Krieg who has been into the GrandLine and return, but still don't reach Raftel. here's my theory. It is because the exit of the GL also has it's own magnetic field, so all the ships can be guided there. And since, all the water in GL flow to this exit, without a Log Posse, you can still find the exit.

Raftel is hard to reach because, like I said before, the time itself. The time of when the magnetic field from the nearest island to Raftel changed and pointing Raftel. This magnetic change could be only changing once in 20 or 30 years. So, Roger was there when the magnetic field changed and pointed to Raftel. If this is the case, so it's easy to imagine why from the start of the Great Pirate Era (after Roger's death), people still don't found Raftel. Because they don't have any guidance to go there.
And ""luckily"" this magnetic change is going to occur when luffy is on his way to raftel :)))!Now seriously Raftel is said to be the last island of the grand line.Remember when SH first entered GL they were shown a picture of how do u get from one island to another using your Log pose.Raftel seemed to be reached from different ways.Maybe there is no exit when u reach raftel.U have to return all the way back to return?

Dark Zeza
October 06, 2006, 12:40 PM
About Don Krieg I think he did not make it to the end. I think he came out through the Calm Belt, thats why his fleet were damage, including Mihawk's attack.

About the exit from Grand Line, if you can remember when Nami show how the loose mountain 4 ways from each blues, and 1 into Grand Line, I still doubt there is exit there.

neild
October 06, 2006, 06:48 PM
Ya i agree to what kenpachi said, as there is only one entrance for grandline, Maybe there is no exit when u reach raftel.U just have to return all the way back to return.

btw how to exit the grandline?through the calm belt??

then do u think in the end of one piece story, will luffy go back to his hometown?u know to meet his auntie...and do you think luffy's mother/father play an important role in this story??

bax
October 07, 2006, 03:36 AM
btw how to exit the grandline?through the calm belt??

:offtopic There's no other way thorugh the Calm Belt other than rowing or using steam engine like Puffing Tom since there is no wind. And the compass doesn't work either..

Anti-panda
October 07, 2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know If one piece is at the "end" of the grandline or not ... to be specific none of us even knows what one piece is.... It's assumed its a great treasure ... But what one person considers treasure IE> luffy's hat may just be junk to everyone else. One piece could be gold ... jewels .... Or simply one piece of the puzzle everyone else is missing .. one piece of information... who knows. But I do think it is somehow related to Ponglyphs and the Void Century ... And judging by the World Govts. reaction at Gol D. Rogers execution it is not something the govt wants people searching for. But personally One piece itself probably doesnt matter as much as being the man strong enough to claim one piece. Ie. the journey matters more than the destination itself.

The Boff
October 09, 2006, 12:57 PM
ok, so this is how it looks at reverse mountain:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/raftel.jpg

there must be easier ways of getting there instead of travel around the world...
like for instance: get on top of Reverse and then paraglide down to Raftel.
in that world anythings possible so why not? :D

Anti-panda
October 09, 2006, 02:51 PM
If It was that easy to get to raftel someone would have Paraglided there already. Personally I dont think Raftel is at the physical end of the grand line I think that once you proceed through the grand line far enough on any of the routes and then the Log pose will eventually set on raftel... and once you get to raftel the pose sets on the exit of the grand line then you sail there. Remember thou the strawhats haven't even crossed the red line yet, (the strip of land that pierces the grand line.) I believe that is where the marine stronghold is and that is why most pirates dont make it to the end of the grand line... but we'll see.

bakashijinsan
October 10, 2006, 09:26 AM
well going merry was able to fly to the sky and that's near impossible to happen. so i believe, it wouldn't hurt to try gliding from reverse mountain.

Remember thou the strawhats haven't even crossed the red line yet, (the strip of land that pierces the grand line.)

isn't the red line the long stretch of land that's perpendicular to grandline and where Reverse Mountain resides. so practically, they crossed it. and based on BoffenJL's picture above, they would cross it again when they exit grandline.

correct me if i'm wrong here.

Dark Zeza
October 10, 2006, 09:46 AM
Red line will intersect with grandline 2 times, since they part around the world. To think they cross 1st red line via reverse mountain, they have to cross it 1 more time to get to the exit you are talking about, if raftel is where BoffenJL said..

bax
October 10, 2006, 11:19 AM
Red line will intersect with grandline 2 times, since they part around the world. To think they cross 1st red line via reverse mountain, they have to cross it 1 more time to get to the exit you are talking about, if raftel is where BoffenJL said..

Pardon me if what I'm saying is what you meant (in that case, I agree with you), because I'll say according to what I understand. No offense.
Yes, if the Red Line is like a continuos chain of huge mountains, then it will circle the world like Grand Line. What do you mean by twice, one at the reverse mountain, and one at Raftel? There are two points which Red Line cuts the Grand Line, one Reverse Mountain, and another one woud be the other side of the globe. Basically, what BoffenJL suggested that the Raftel and Reverse Mountain are located at the same point of where the Reverse Mountain cuts the Grand Line into 2. Only they are at the opposite location.

If Rafetel is one point of Red Line which intersects with GL, and the Reverse Mountain is at the other one, then Grand Line is just half around the world.

Basically if they continue to follow the Log Posse in Grand Line, they would cross the Red Mountain if they has already sail half the world....

Dark Zeza
October 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
Pardon me if what I'm saying is what you meant (in that case, I agree with you), because I'll say according to what I understand. No offense.
Yes, if the Red Line is like a continuos chain of huge mountains, then it will circle the world like Grand Line. What do you mean by twice, one at the reverse mountain, and one at Raftel? There are two points which Red Line cuts the Grand Line, one Reverse Mountain, and another one woud be the other side of the globe. Basically, what BoffenJL suggested that the Raftel and Reverse Mountain are located at the same point of where the Reverse Mountain cuts the Grand Line into 2. Only they are at the opposite location.

If Rafetel is one point of Red Line which intersects with GL, and the Reverse Mountain is at the other one, then Grand Line is just half around the world.

Basically if they continue to follow the Log Posse in Grand Line, they would cross the Red Mountain if they has already sail half the world....

Yes thats what I am trying to point out. The thing I wanted to said is that, like you mentioned, red line intersect twice and raftel is at the end of the grandline. So Reverse Mountain is one, and if they want to really go to the end of grandline, they have to cross one more red line in the half of grandline. Then continue other half way to raftel.

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 01:23 AM
o yeah i totally forgot that the world is round (silly me) and at ideally at 180 egrees across the globe of the OP world, we'll see once more the Red line.

now this question just entered my mind
does red go all the way across the entire globe? i mean isn't it like a long stretch of mountains but not long enough to cover 360 degrees of latitidue/longitude?

was it mentioned in the manga that red line goes around the whole globe and back like one circumference of the globe?

i was pretty convinced that red line goes around the world but now i just realized, was it mentioned that it goes like that?

Anti-panda
October 11, 2006, 02:07 AM
well it is mentioned that the 4 seas of the world are divided by the red line vertically and the grandline horizontally so i'd say yes...
does that mean that there arent way's to sail between the seas sans crossing one of the two barriers ... I dont know.

|
west | north
blue | blue
----------------------------
south | east
blue | blue
|
If i aint mistaken... the | being the redline and the - being the granline... im to lazy to do a better graphic

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 02:45 AM
well it is mentioned that the 4 seas of the world are divided by the red line vertically and the grandline horizontally so i'd say yes...
does that mean that there arent way's to sail between the seas sans crossing one of the two barriers ... I dont know.

|
west | north
blue | blue
----------------------------
south | east
blue | blue
|
If i aint mistaken... the | being the redline and the - being the granline... im to lazy to do a better graphic

oh yeah i remember that being said. got me confused there. okay so they're not even halfway through grandline yet seeing that they haven't seen red line again.

ok here's a question again (coz questions just kept on popping inside my head)
if red line cuts the world vertically, wouldn't it also cut grandline since both goes goes 360 degrees?
one thing is for sure if they both go round the globe, "one cuts the other"

but basing on the statements vertical/horizontal cuts, i'd pretty much bet that grandline cuts red line. why? if red line is a continuous stretch of land that forms a circle, people would virtually need to re-enter grandline

like ths:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/bakashijinsan/grandlinepic.jpg

and like this:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/bakashijinsan/grandlinepic2.jpg

it's kinda crappy so i apologize. :XD

Dark Zeza
October 11, 2006, 05:16 AM
Maybe there would be a tunnel, or path through the red line or something. I think climbing across would be impossible without strong current like the one on reverse mountain.

bax
October 11, 2006, 05:21 AM
@ bakashijinsan

True. They would need to enter Grand Line again.... but maybe <look below>

Maybe there would be a tunnel,

... maybe this is the answer. We already have an island in the sky, why not make an island underground... After all, you can't expect anything logical in OP.

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 08:29 AM
Maybe there would be a tunnel, or path through the red line or something. I think climbing across would be impossible without strong current like the one on reverse mountain.

yeah that is one plausible theory. regardless, it is well pointed that the mugiwara pirates still has a long way to go! (yay for us! more One Piece)

nevertheless, raftel is at the end of grand line and as portrayed by the flower doctor (forgot his name), you can choose what magnetic field to guide you but eventually it would direct you to raftel itself.

bax
October 11, 2006, 08:31 AM
That would be a very long journey. Do you guys think that an Eternal Posse to Raftel exist?

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 08:42 AM
if there really is an existing eternal post pointing to raftel, nobody who wants to get one piece has it yet.

else they would have gone there already.

alekosss_kenpachi
October 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
I am almost sure that there is no Eternal pose to Raftel cause u need to get there 1st to make one.So since Roger is the only person to have been to Raftel i really doubt he would make a pose.He would have no reason doing so..He would surely say smth like: ""The ones who want to reach Raftel should try on their own"".

Anti-panda
October 11, 2006, 06:10 PM
Underground Huh? well makes sense we've already seen the strawhats go to "heaven" (skypiea) maybe well get to see them go to hell? huh/ maybe?

hyper_megaman
October 12, 2006, 07:30 AM
well one question:

if red line cuts the whole world, how the hell do the people from north/south/east/west blue know each other so well? they discuss about the weakest of the 4 blues like it were some common knowledge, so how did they get the information across if the line were un-scalable throughout and all.

i think there are possibly 1) tunnels/caves or 2) spots across(low land or sth)

so it could be possible the mugiwaras will reach some sort of cross-over mechanism/thingy when they reach the other half of the grand line, or it could just be a big empty space lol.

bax
October 12, 2006, 07:59 AM
@ hyper_megaman

Good question. But it is possible that the Red Line has some tunnels or bridge to cross over it. But the real question is how to cross the equator? The problem is the GL is circling the globe. If the North Blue and West Blue is in the Nothern hemisphere, how they will interact with those in South Blue and East Blue? I say, expidition groups. Getting some help from the Marines, or they just entered the GL and cross over to the side. Remember, not all ships are pirates.

Back to the topic please. Raftel is a completely secluded island. No one knows about it. Perhaps the void century told about Raftel. Of course, the Marines has been there. Trust me. If not, when Roger said "I've been to Raftel", the Marines would say like "What is Raftel?". Since it is a named island, of course people have reached there, presumably Marines or some historians do.

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 03:17 AM
Raftel is a completely secluded island. No one knows about it. Perhaps the void century told about Raftel. Of course, the Marines has been there. Trust me. If not, when Roger said "I've been to Raftel", the Marines would say like "What is Raftel?". Since it is a named island, of course people have reached there, presumably Marines or some historians do.

exactly what I was thinking. this raftel thing might have been explored before by the marines. and at some point the WG may have an eternal post logged to raftel but for reasons like "what to do there" or something like that, the marines aren't setting their course to that island.

it'd be easy for the WG to end the pirate era. how? not by wiping out the whole populace of pirates but by cutting the very goal that these pirates are aiming for: "One Piece". Since Roger said that One Piece is in Raftel, the WG might have gone there, checked the island but can't find any signs of it.

But lo!! they have found something that might lead to it! what? Poneglyphs! But no one can read those slabs of stones. So now they remember Ohara which they wiped clean 20 years ago leading them to take Robin to custody as the last survivor of the Ohara demons.

getting robin, they can get decipher poneglyphs and eventually uncover the secrets of one Piece. with one piece in the hands of WG, i don't think the pirates would become rampant as much as it is as of the moment.

Freakzin
October 13, 2006, 12:11 PM
i think red line doesnt go around the globe, but yes at the half of the grand line is raftel, and there is AllBlue since one island only, they could all be one.

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
yeah! it is possible that all of the goals of the SH crew is in Raftel. i'm gonna review everything about GL and RL so that all the confusion can be cleared.

welcome Freakzin to MH! :turtle :turtle :turtle

bax
October 14, 2006, 02:28 AM
welcome Freakzin to MH!

You sure like to welcome people huh? I saw that many times already. But good. A noble thing to do :thumbs

i think red line doesnt go around the globe, but yes at the half of the grand line is raftel, and there is AllBlue since one island only, they could all be one.

But if Raftel is at the half of GL, that means the adventure is just around half the globe. IMO, it must be at the end of the world.

bakashijinsan
October 14, 2006, 05:20 AM
You sure like to welcome people huh? I saw that many times already. But good. A noble thing to do :thumbs

But if Raftel is at the half of GL, that means the adventure is just around half the globe. IMO, it must be at the end of the world.

yep :D i want evryone to feel at home especially people who visit One Piece Section!

Dark Zeza
October 15, 2006, 03:42 PM
Yea, Raftel for sure is at the end of Grandline if you can remember the picture from flower-head man, with giant whale, which explain the route of grandline.

Roger did not mention exactly that the One Piece is in Raftel (but it is most likely), but if WG or Marine named Raftel, they might already check that out, since it is the hardest place to reach. But I still doubt if they have ever been there, because if they have been there before, they might created eternal pose already. Maybe they only know the name of it.

The Boff
October 15, 2006, 04:11 PM

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/grandlineraftel.jpg

as you can clearly see. you have to cross the redline once on the way to raftel.

bax
October 15, 2006, 04:15 PM
as you can clearly see. you have to cross the redline once on the way to raftel.

That settles the "Red Line is around the globe" thing. Thanx for the pic.

jumbohiggins
October 15, 2006, 07:00 PM
:offtopic this doesnt really go with what you guys are talking about but i think raftel is where all the devil fruits come from and when the strawhats get there their will be like orchards of df's

it would be pretty cool if that happens

Anti-panda
October 15, 2006, 08:35 PM
how do ya think they get thier ships across the red line...... i doubt it'll be something boring like channels or a cannal

bax
October 16, 2006, 08:56 AM
how do ya think they get thier ships across the red line...... i doubt it'll be something boring like channels or a cannal

That is just another adventure. We'll see more weird things.

Freakzin
October 16, 2006, 02:00 PM
ya thx for the pic really cleared it out for me ^^

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 02:20 PM
ya thx for the pic really cleared it out for me ^^

no probs

bax
October 16, 2006, 02:33 PM
But that raised a big question. It says, no matter which 7 you choose, you'll ended up in Raftel. If that's the case, why is it that only Roger has arrived at the island? Unless that Flowerman is talking about pirates only, it makes no sense that no one in history never reached that island.

Then a lot of questions pop up.
1. How that old man knew Roger has reached the island for real?
2. If nobody ever reached there (except Roger), why is that people believe that there's an island called Raftel?
3. What is blocking the way to Raftel until the degree that no one has reached there? Natural occurances or human inteerference?
4. If human's, they must know Raftel and been there. How else they blocked people from going there if they don't know where it is?

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 02:39 PM
2. If nobody ever reached there (except Roger), why is that people believe that there's an island called Raftel?
3. What is blocking the way to Raftel until the degree that no one has reached there? Natural occurances or human inteerference?
4. If human's, they must know Raftel and been there. How else they blocked people from going there if they don't know where it is?

1. my guess, he was part of rogers crew and have been there.
2. see answer on nr 1
3.could be many many things. The last islands could be inhabited by Giants that are not as friendly as the ones weve seen before. or the last stretch to raftel requires a 10 year wait for the logpose to set. or naruto in kyuubimode. could be many things.
4. probably related to the void century in some way. how? no clue

infyquest
October 16, 2006, 06:06 PM
Can any1 tell me where are the SH Pirates on the map? (Current Position)

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 06:20 PM
Can any1 tell me where are the SH Pirates on the map? (Current Position)

well, thats not easy to say. considering that they may have steered off from one of the courses after skypiea. but if they didnt then they should be in between the seventh and eight island from the first. counting jaya and skypiea as the same island then it should be like this:
1. whiskey peak
2. little garden
3. drum
4. arabasta
5. jaya/skypiea
6. long rind land
7. water 7
8. enies lobby
and now they probably are going back to water 7.

infyquest
October 16, 2006, 07:02 PM
How many more to go? :?
(May be 4-5 more till he gets to a minimal crew of 10) Now its 7+1

bax
October 16, 2006, 07:03 PM
How many more to go? :?
(May be 4-5 more till he gets to a minimal crew of 10) Now its 7+1

There's no telling how many more. According to logic, they are not even halfway through the GL.

The Boff
October 16, 2006, 07:26 PM
There's no telling how many more. According to logic, they are not even halfway through the GL.

screw logic :p it has no place in Odaverse :nuts

Anti-panda
October 16, 2006, 09:20 PM
It doesn't matter ...the adventures aren't over once they reach raftel they still haven't explored more than about 1/8 of the grandline and only 1 out of 4 oceans of the world .. lots of adventures left... all blue... the void century ... encounters with 2 more marine admirals and the pirates summit ... and going to the govt holy land ... and white beard... and damn thats not even half of all of it ..blackbeard.. the shinchibukai.. ....

bax
October 17, 2006, 03:57 AM
screw logic :p it has no place in Odaverse :nuts

Yeah.. I should give in to that. But, I was talking about the island counts and GL.

neild
October 17, 2006, 06:29 AM
But that raised a big question. It says, no matter which 7 you choose, you'll ended up in Raftel. If that's the case, why is it that only Roger has arrived at the island? Unless that Flowerman is talking about pirates only, it makes no sense that no one in history never reached that island.

so is red line the name for the sea? or it is just a name for a line that is crossing grand line?
my answer for question no:
1.maybe the man himself has gone to that island or
he has friends or relatives who are colesly/even not related to Gold Roger, and pass the stories
2.because roger said he kept his treasure-one piece in an island
people believe raftel is never been reached by anyone else except roger and crew
so where is the best place to hide the most valuable treasure for roger? no brainer: raftel!
3. magnetic field that keeps them away? or
a huge invicible monster that ate devil fruit who kicks whoever wants to come to that island
4.friends/relatives who know about how to get to raftel protects the secret or
the world government already knows about the secret to go there, and they protect whoever wants to come there by eliminating them one by one. the reason is it may be related to the poneglyph contains information about the void century theory (read further in tree of knowlege-void century section posted by me)

bax
October 17, 2006, 08:18 AM
so is red line the name for the sea? or it is just a name for a line that is crossing grand line?

Red Line is a series of mountains (gigantic ones) that circle the globe verticaly (longitude).

neild
October 18, 2006, 05:04 AM
Red Line is a series of mountains (gigantic ones) that circle the globe verticaly (longitude).

So in order to reach raftel they must cross this mountain with the ship righ...just how are they gonna do that..

The Boff
October 18, 2006, 05:12 AM
So in order to reach raftel they must cross this mountain with the ship righ...just how are they gonna do that..

youve seen them doing it once. reverse mountain is part of redline.

Anti-panda
October 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
So can you safely exit the grandline to one of the four oceans like reverse mountain only in reverse ... :darn or is it a strictly up and over kinda thing...
I think maybe you can exit at the redline or you can proceed through the grandline further. I base this on instinct ... it would make sense seeing as so many people return from the grand line but so few make it all the way through. Just look at all the strawhats have been through up till now ... a average or even above average crew would be taxed to the limit by now.

Dark Zeza
October 18, 2006, 07:40 PM
So can you safely exit the grandline to one of the four oceans like reverse mountain only in reverse ... :darn or is it a strictly up and over kinda thing...
I think maybe you can exit at the redline or you can proceed through the grandline further. I base this on instinct ... it would make sense seeing as so many people return from the grand line but so few make it all the way through. Just look at all the strawhats have been through up till now ... a average or even above average crew would be taxed to the limit by now.

I've never think of that, but now that you mentioned it, there might be reverse mountain at the half way (for the one who get homesick :darn ). But I still wonder how do people from one blue cross to another blue (outside grandline) ex. Sanji.

mangaka
October 19, 2006, 02:17 AM
is raftel an English word but written according to Japanese pronunciation?if true, what is raftel in english?

Anti-panda
October 21, 2006, 02:36 AM
Does anyone else think maybe the pirates summit ... happens at the red line.
Like a pirate free for all ... fight your way to the top kinda thing.. Ace said that'd be the next place he see's luffy.?

Yans86
October 21, 2006, 07:30 AM
Raftel....Raftel....Raftel....stop please! 1)The doctor Clover didn't say the name of the island. 2)The word Raftel isn't present in all the manga 3)The island where is One piece and the island of the ancient civilization can't be the same because the second was destroyed with almost all the population 4)Oda isn's that stupid to reveal a secret like the name of the island where is supposed to be one piece! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

ps sorry for my english,I'm italian

tqm_z
October 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/grandlineraftel.jpg

according to this map path... Nami could never finish her World Map?

Dark Zeza
October 21, 2006, 02:14 PM
Raftel....Raftel....Raftel....stop please! 1)The doctor Clover didn't say the name of the island. 2)The word Raftel isn't present in all the manga 3)The island where is One piece and the island of the ancient civilization can't be the same because the second was destroyed with almost all the population 4)Oda isn's that stupid to reveal a secret like the name of the island where is supposed to be one piece! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

ps sorry for my english,I'm italian

1)No, Dr. Clover did not say anything about Raftel.
2)It mentioned by the person named Crocus, the one with Laboon.
3)IMO I dont think it is there either.
4)Even he revealed, it is very hard to get there anyway. He didn't say it is in Raftel, but it is just possibility, since Raftel was the only clue we got.

neild
October 22, 2006, 06:14 AM
I think it is not raftel..it is written "rough tale" in the english version translation...it sounds like raftel anyway...

Dark Zeza
October 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
I think it is not raftel..it is written "rough tale" in the english version translation...it sounds like raftel anyway...

I dont know, since the Mojority use the word "Raftel", maybe the translation is wrong. Cuz I think they have the same pronounce in Jap.

mangaka
October 29, 2006, 10:13 PM
i think it is "left tell" or "left tale" which means forgotten story

bax
October 30, 2006, 12:53 AM
"left tale" which means forgotten story

Good theory. Never thought of that before.

hrseber
December 22, 2006, 04:08 PM
First I want to say sorry if this thread already exists and I'm just blind and couldn't find it in my search. I know we have a thread about the New World, but I want to specifically discuss, what is stopping the pirates of the new world from getting to Raftel.

Forget about what one piece is, or who the four emperors are etc. I know a lot of people will go off topic about this.

My guess why Gol D. Roger was the only person to get to Raftel is because Raftel, (like the island in the first Pirates of the Carribean) is an island that can only be found by someone who has already been there. And I think that the true history (I know I'm breaking my own rule and going off topic) has directions to Raftel where the last of the survivors of the ancient civilization reside.

Any other guesses as to why Whitebeard who has had 20 years to get to Raftel has not? or any of the other pirates?

Dragonzair
December 22, 2006, 05:19 PM
There's already a thread related to Raftel, so I'm going ahead and merging this post with that .^^

Efreet
December 23, 2006, 12:52 AM
if gold roger's crew was able to reach there, then Shanks and buggy should be able to reach Raftel, or at least they should know how to :darn

John M.D.
December 30, 2006, 03:05 AM
according to this map path... Nami could never finish her World Map?

Now that's something I didn't thought about...

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 10:35 AM
if you look in closely, you can sort of see like markings on the island...

maybe Roger wrote S.O.S. in Poneglyph language :p

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 10:55 PM
i dont see it but maybe im blind

Efreet
December 31, 2006, 01:37 AM
i dont see it but maybe im blind

it's at the botttom right corner, there are like three words

sushi
December 31, 2006, 09:06 AM
hahahhah

sorry if i write in too late but just found this thread i guess

here it is :
1.raftel is for sure at the end of grand line
2.nami might not be able to draw the world map unless luffy ask everybody to venture to each island which kinda possible since luffy is a adventure maniac
3.the sos thingy just can't found it [ gomen ]
4.the tale bout knowing raftel maybe caused by the nakama of roger who came back from the grandline [ its not like roger is the only person in the pirate gang ]
5.maybe raftel is some kind of island that's kinda vanish now n then???

that my point of view
any comments?

OP_overlord
January 01, 2007, 08:18 PM
like in teh last alidin where that island moves and goes under the water and stuff

The Boff
January 01, 2007, 08:36 PM
here it is :

ok, im ready. hit me!

1.raftel is for sure at the end of grand line

i agree, it has been stated lots of times that it is so there's no reason to doubt that.

2.nami might not be able to draw the world map unless luffy ask everybody to venture to each island which kinda possible since luffy is a adventure maniac

well, she could get maps from islands they go to and then use those as base for her world map. but I believe that for the maps to be 100% accurate according to nami then they have to go to every island in the grand line and the blues.

3.the sos thingy just can't found it [ gomen ]

neither can i...

4.the tale bout knowing raftel maybe caused by the nakama of roger who came back from the grandline [ its not like roger is the only person in the pirate gang ]

he himself talked about it at his execution, people asked where did he put his treasure? at that place go find it.
its pretty safe to believe that "that place" is Raftel. cause since he is the only one that managed to get there
he wants someone as strong as him to get it.

not impossible, although i still think thats its just VERY hard to reach. maybe the log has to wait 10 years on the last island before raftel or something like that, and on that island there are something very dangerous. like, ninjas or whatever :p

that my point of view
any comments?

i just gave you mine :D

OP_overlord
January 01, 2007, 09:43 PM
that was slick BoffenJL i like the way you did that but idk about your answer to number five the log pose haveing to wait 5 years and monster onthe island idk it doent seem plausible to me

sushi
January 03, 2007, 07:11 AM
thanks for the comments

about the monsters maybe possible but i think only bout 50-50

Absolutio
January 04, 2007, 10:41 AM

not impossible, although i still think thats its just VERY hard to reach. maybe the log has to wait 10 years on the last island before raftel or something like that, and on that island there are something very dangerous. like, ninjas or whatever p

I think there must be some unnatural or extreme natural barrier near raftel, and since it is the grandline, and the end of it, it will just make no sense. Like the water will become send, and there will be lightnings of water, and stuffs like this.. Just my guess.

bax
January 05, 2007, 06:56 AM
Could be... but I still like the idea of the timing towards Raftel, I mean the time interval needed for the Log Posse to change point towards Raftel.

Or maybe Raftel doesn't have a magnetic field of it's own. In this case perhaps, the natural disasters of the Grand Line such as tornados or whirlpools that mark the entrance of passage way to Raftel.

sushi
January 05, 2007, 08:33 PM
more vicious waves like tsunami or whatsoever

OP_overlord
January 05, 2007, 10:24 PM
yeah there would be crazy big wabes and only the skill of teh navigator could get you there and if you really wanted to be pirate king for a good reason not power or money (like to fullfill a dream)

sushi
January 05, 2007, 10:41 PM
need power n money no maney no good ship no power die halfway through

OP_overlord
January 05, 2007, 10:47 PM
i didnt understand any of that please explain again

sushi
January 05, 2007, 11:02 PM
without money you can't get a powerful ship
whithout power you can't undergo the harsh sea

OP_overlord
January 05, 2007, 11:13 PM
so they have both of those thing well 2 out of teh 3 they have power luffy, zoro, robin , sanji, franky... and they have the new ship and they always have money but they lose it really fast

Anti-panda
January 12, 2007, 01:52 AM
there has to be something special about Raftel because even Whitebeard with all his vast armada, resources, and strength hasn't gotten there yet. So it has to be something more than just the log taking a long... long time to set because it's been 20 yrs since roger's execution so even if whitebeard didn't start looking for One piece until after that he's been at it a long time.
I think it may be more difficult and trick to find than simply following a log pose or even simply navigating the sea to get to it.

sushi
January 12, 2007, 01:59 AM
shanks haven came to raftel yet?

Raseru
January 12, 2007, 02:03 AM
shanks haven came to raftel yet?

I don't think he has yet. Eh, I could be wrong. Please correct me if I am. :tem

ax999
January 12, 2007, 02:10 AM
I don't think he has yet. Eh, I could be wrong. Please correct me if I am. :tem

he was in Roger's crew wasnt he? its plausable that he has been there before.

Raseru
January 12, 2007, 02:12 AM
he was in Roger's crew wasnt he? its plausable that he has been there before.

Yeah, that totally slipped my mind. So it could be plausible.

sushi
January 12, 2007, 02:16 AM
didn't he create his own crew before Roger went to Raftel?

Raseru
January 12, 2007, 02:20 AM
didn't he create his own crew before Roger went to Raftel?

I think that he made his own crew after Roger became king and was executed.

sushi
January 12, 2007, 02:31 AM
so basically he knows how to get to raftel?

Raseru
January 12, 2007, 06:56 AM

I guess he does. If that were to be true, would Buggy know the way too?

Absolutio
January 12, 2007, 03:04 PM
probably.. if shanks knows, then buggy knows.. they both left the crew when roger died..

OP_overlord
January 12, 2007, 06:59 PM
they could have been on one of roger ships he could be like WB and have divisions and they might not have been to raftle with roger only his initial crew has been like his flag ship

The Boff
January 12, 2007, 09:15 PM
they could have been on one of roger ships he could be like WB and have divisions and they might not have been to raftle with roger only his initial crew has been like his flag ship

or maybe just roger himself has been there. i dont know why but its a possibility

OP_overlord
January 12, 2007, 10:45 PM
are you saying that he took a life boat off the ship or he was kicked off the ship becasue they had not found raftle yet (mutany) and the island that he landed on was raftel (and he got off by ropeing a couple of seakings together with the hair from his back) but i was serious he could have been thron off and that is why we never hear about his other crew members or that they have been to raftle as well

ax999
January 13, 2007, 05:48 AM

no one really knows how to get anywhere on the grand line unless they have an eternal pose...

are you saying that he took a life boat off the ship or he was kicked off the ship becasue they had not found raftle yet (mutany) and the island that he landed on was raftel (and he got off by ropeing a couple of seakings together with the hair from his back) but i was serious he could have been thron off and that is why we never hear about his other crew members or that they have been to raftle as well

I would think that most of his crew would have been captured at the same time gold roger was... except for some obviously (buggy and shanks)

sushi
January 13, 2007, 07:34 AM
ya know if roger was caught after getting off raftel then why shanks n buggy is not caght either??? so maybe they weren't on the ship when roger was getting to raftel

OP_overlord
January 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
how do you make an eternal pose cause the sh should stock them up and how do you get out of the grand line since they kep makeing you go towards raftel

and i think that roger disbanded his crew right before hewas caught

sushi
January 17, 2007, 06:52 AM
that means that buggy knows where one piece is?

ax999
January 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
that means that buggy knows where one piece is?

even if he does, he and his crew wouldnt even survive an hour in the grand line

The Boff
January 17, 2007, 05:35 PM
even if he does, he and his crew wouldnt even survive an hour in the grand line

they are in the grand line already.... remember when ace came onboard their ship and they freaked out
about him being on WBs crew? and then buggy told his crew to never attack any of the WB pirates cause he once met the man...

raftel. what do we as readers know about that island?
1. its at the end of the grand line.
2. the only man that has been stated to be there is Gol D. Roger
3. its the place where One Piece is located
4. according to robin the Rio Poneglyph should also be there
and thats it. or did i miss anything?

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 07:59 PM
well we are not sure that OP is on raftle but that is were it is supposedly

The Boff
January 17, 2007, 08:13 PM
well we are not sure that OP is on raftle but that is were it is supposedly

dude we're sure.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/GolD.jpg

if its not at the end of grand line, the only place he was strong enough to go to
then the entire setup has been a lie and Oda is not that kind of author.
all things point to this. "That" place MUST refer to Raftel. what could it be if not that,
Rogers living room?

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
yes - i hid all my treasure in my bathroom tho but living room is ok too i guess

no i agree i think that one piece is at raftel but there is no exact line that roger said that tells us that OP is in raftel

Oda does not lie he just neglects from tell all teh truth at one time but OP is at raftel in my opinion

sushi
January 18, 2007, 05:07 AM
he just wants to make a surprise

neild
June 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
if anybody here watch tv series hit-LOST, maybe u can relate to what i say. raftel is just like an island in the LOST.it's 'invicible' from the outside world because of some magnetic field blocking it or hiding the outside appearance whatever.but so far we dont know yet if in the one piece world,they have radar technology sort of to discover the position of the island.we do know that there is map and lock post.but what if no map exists pointing toward raftel. or maybe only 1 lock post in the world showing where raftel is.that is why no one is sure about raftel's position.its a myth,an urban legend that is passed from time to time.and for those who believe in it,they'll get it there.

Zechs
June 25, 2007, 04:07 AM
For those who've said that they don't see Raftel and the island mentioned in the Void Century as being one in the same I would like to see what brought you to that conclusion. I say this because I do in fact think that they are one in the same and that everything indeed points toward that fact.

According to the scenes during Robin's childhood of Professor Clover's conversation with the WG he talks of the island being a sort of Atlantis that whose culture and technology were extremely advanced(they created Pluton and Leviathan). We can see this by the image of the island (I wish I had a screen-shot) with what looks like modern skyscrapers dotting the city. Some say that this could never be the island because it was "destroyed" by the WG when they were at war during/before the void century. Well, even though Uhara was "destroyed" the island itself surely still exists. What was destroyed was the island's people and it's spirit. The same was probably true for the ancient island spoken of in the Poneglyphs and mentioned by Clover. It still exists, but it's population and spirit were destroyed. This also coincides with the fact that the Rio Poneyglyph is supposedly on Raftel. Wouldn't the most important of the Poneglyphs be located closest to where it was created?

This also works from a plot perspective. The world of One Piece is essentiall Pre-Modern 18th technology with some remnants of technology that seems to stem from a culture far superior to that. Maybe one which even had the power of air travel. Something completely unknown in OP except through the use of animals(pelican mail). natural phenomena(the upstream), and Enel's Ark

The ultimate treasure(OP) maybe something that would bring the world of OP out of the era of sea travel and into the another stage of civilization which the ancient island may have reached or have been close to before its destruction.

Well, these are just random thoughts, but back to the point of Raftel = Void Century Island.

There just doesn't seem room for these to be separate mysteries. I feel the entire plot of OP is centered around the Void century and it's mysteries. This is why since Robin's introduction to the crew she has been the focal point of the plot. The fact that there just happened to be a Poneglyph in Skypiea wasn't a side story, it was the POINT of the story. The Shandia's entire culture was based on protecting it. Likewise, it seems the WG's entire reason for existing(as a plot device) is to prevent the discovery of both One Piece/Raftel and the mysteries of the Void Century. Therefore, I think they must be one in the same. Also, why would Oda have been so vauge in Professor Clover's description of the island to not have given it a name if he didn't want us to know yet that it was indeed Raftel and the ultimate destination of the SHs?

Oda is always giving us pieces to the ultimate mystery and I doubt that Raftel 's story is just going to just be pulled out of no where. The pieces are all in place at this point, all that's left is how they come together and assure you the Void Century island will be alluded to more and more as the story progresses.

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, the Void Century is what makes the WG so evil. Obviously, what they did to have their creation, their control, and eliminate a kingdom was so horrible, that they had to erase it and just tell people that they've always been there.

DutchPhoenix
October 26, 2007, 02:44 PM
Luffy wants to go there becouse of one piece
Robin wants to get to the end of the grand line for some history answer (raftel)
Nami wants to go everywhere to draw a map of the world (including raftel)

are there more reasons for the crew to go there?

sample

Mihawk is on/near raftel
all blue is raftel's sea
some super medicin tree's there??

discuss. :eyeroll

Imitorar
October 26, 2007, 03:01 PM
No. Well, All Blue may be near Raftel, that would make sense, since Raftel is a mystical sort of place, where all the weirdest and most wondrous stuff in the Grand Line probably is. But other then for Luffy, Nami, Robin, and Franky (you forgot him, DutchPhoenix, for his dream to be fulfilled, the Thousand Sunny must become a ship that could sail to the end of the Grand Line. In other words, a ship that could reach Raftel.) there's no reason for the rest to go. A medicine tree being there? I doubt it, I doubt there would just be some plant that could cure anything. Except for band-aids (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=228), of course. And Chopper's dream is for him to be able to cure anything, not to find some medicine that would do it for him. And Mihawk isn't on Raftel, he'd be the Pirate King if he were, and he's not, because Luffy will be the next one to reach Raftel. Mihawk probably isn't near it either. When we last saw him, he was on Mariejois. Mihawk can be wherever he wants to be, there's no reason for him to stay in one place. Ussop can prove his bravery in other ways and in other places, so there's no need for him to go to Raftel to fulfill his dream. If Brook joins, then he won't care, he needs to get to Reverse Mountain to get to Laboon, not Raftel.

Freakzin
October 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
i think there's a thread about Raftel alraedy existant

DutchPhoenix
October 26, 2007, 03:55 PM
Luffy wants to go there becouse of one piece

Robin wants to get to the end of the grand line for some history answer (raftel)

Nami wants to go everywhere to draw a map of the world (including raftel)

franky to complete his dreamship ( is to reach raftel)

usupp, to be a brave warrior of the sea (all sea's including raftels one?)

Zoro ,will meet up Mihawk for their rematch , close to raftel or on raftel perhaps?
since mihawk can go where he pleases, '(just predictions)

chopper ,someone gets a illness on raftel and no one was ever able to heal it, and chopper finds a cure?

Brook - so he finishes his journey so he can go back to get laboon?

and what do you guys think there is on raftel

what excactly is one piece (gold, a journey logbook, some spirited richdom , the truth about the old history?)

hollowfied
October 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
Zoro will probably beat Mihawk near Raftel, then complete the journey with the Strawhats due to their nakama-ship.

Absolutio
October 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
About what exactly is one piece there's a whole thread about it somewhere here in the tree of knowledge.
Here, even took the time to find it: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10542
If you wan't you can revive this thread.. :p It's not any less legitimate than it was before.. :D
(Btw, Luckas, or any other mod.. At the Tree of Knowledge index, most of the links are dead.. :( )

On Topic: I don't think that the mihawk-zoro battle will be near raftle. I think it will happen before, with zoro winning of course. I think that near raftel, the SHs will either fight part of the strongest pirates of the world (the yonkos - WB, Shanks crew?), or the elites of the WG-marines, and then they'll be able to somehow reach Raftel and luffy will be given the title - pirate king.

Astral_Shive
January 05, 2008, 04:40 PM
Ok
So this is my question
I dont know why, but after reading One piece Over and over again i couldnt forget about one think
Last island called Rafitle or whatever it name is

The treasure(One piece) supposed to be in this island
But come on
Whitebeard is already 22 years on Grand line and other Younku propobly 5-6 years and never even one of them come to this island????
that question bother me the most

SOmeone should obtain One piece by now
Log pose Eternal Pose
Or maybe there is no log pose for that ???

Ok those are my ideas

But what you think about it?

Absolutio
January 05, 2008, 04:54 PM
There is already a "Raftel discussion thread". I suppose luckas or imi well merge it soon. Anyways, Raftel might be blocked by some "unatural-naturl" phenomenon, and that's why no-one has ever got in there yet.

Thread merged.

Freakzin
January 05, 2008, 06:50 PM
I don`t remember where i read it, but there is this Raftel has strange magnetic field, that`s shifts everytime. So there can`t be a log pose for it.And you can`t use yours. So there`s must be i don`t know gathering the poneglyphs that are not there, you may get a hint how to go there, maybe that thing that Robin read ( on the Skypea arc) may have an effect in the future... who knows. =D I often forget what an awesome plot one piece has =D.

Absolutio
January 05, 2008, 07:01 PM
I don't think that what you said was stated anywhere. The only thing we know about raftel is that it's the last island in the grandline, and that's the rio poneglyph is there, and probably one piece too.

Impel Down
January 05, 2008, 07:03 PM
It's also where all the Blues merge together, and although there's no clear exit from it, you can leave the GL from there.

Rokuubi
May 22, 2008, 04:48 PM
i was wondering what people thought was waiting for the STHs at RAFTEL (supposing they make it there...)

Merged with existing Raftel thread. Remember, before making a new thread, please use the Tree of Knowledge Index (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10510) or the Search function (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/search.php) to see if there is already a thread on that subject.

EDIT: thats fine, i guess i didn't look everywhere - how do i see the poll results? will we see them when the poll expires?

Wowzers
March 12, 2010, 08:26 PM
I just had this incredible vision of Raftel, and why it's so hard to get to.

Raftel is a floating island that wanders around... At least it used to, until it was swallowed by a giant Sea King. To get access to it the Strawhats will have to use Laboon as bait. :XD

Just had to get this vision on record. :occa

ScratchmenApoo
March 13, 2010, 01:13 AM
After reading the Strong World 0 Chapter...
*Roger found Raftel 23 years ago...
*It was 2 years after the Battle in Eddwar (Gol D. Roger vs Golden Lion Shiki)...
*If Roger went to the island before Raftel right after that battle to set the log pose and follow it, it means the log pose changes in less than 2 years...
*If Roger found it by chance, anyone could...
*If Roger found it because of his ability to "hear the voice of all things" then it will be very hard to find by other people...

I myself still believe that the climate near Raftel and the few island before it makes it incredibly hard to navigate. Also, the log poses could take months to reset towards a new island. It's still a regular island like any other, though.

Sherlock Holmes
March 13, 2010, 01:20 AM
Raftel is in fact the Spanish Inquisition. Because nobody expects that.

Lord Rayleigh
March 13, 2010, 06:05 AM
Raftel is inside the Red Line : " Open, Sesame ! "
I'd like to see Oda using this tale in One Piece.

neild
April 18, 2010, 01:34 PM
raftel is definetly out there.coz i remembered usopp wanting to ask the question about it to gold d roger's first mate