PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 327 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Gold Knight
October 04, 2006, 12:27 PM
Naruto 326 Goodies here. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9317.0)

Well... looks like Asuma's in serious, serious trouble now.

Will he die? Kakuzu's got Izumo and Kotetsu by the neck and Hidan's got Asuma on the ropes. What will Shikamaru do now?

Predict away.

infyquest
October 04, 2006, 12:37 PM
Shikamaru, undoes the jutsu on Asuma.
And back-up arrives on time to save them.

moflippa
October 04, 2006, 12:40 PM
i think asuma and the others will die cause they are just too weak to beat them. I mean they are just some ordinary nins and hidan and kakuzu are genius. we´ll see

ouhei
October 04, 2006, 12:46 PM
The optimist in me wants to say Asuma will live somehow, especially after the way Shikamaru's planning was played up, he MUST have something.

So I'll go with Shika has something up his sleeve (Asuma using a bunshin or something?) and back-up arriving just in time to save Kotetsu and Izumo.

playbychris
October 04, 2006, 12:51 PM
Na i think that somehow shikimaru pushes hidan off the circle and the blow doesn't go on asuma[br]Posted on: October 04, 2006, 01:50:03 PM_________________________________________________its not going to be normal backup it will definetly be Kakashi and the gang

body flicker
October 04, 2006, 12:51 PM
wow 326 was the best chapter ive seen in weeks but for predictions asuma will go into a near death state and have flash backs of his team and maybe kurenai

and that will bring him back to the real world

playbychris
October 04, 2006, 01:03 PM
nah it would be really stupid for a strong supporting character to die

Panda
October 04, 2006, 01:04 PM
Nein!!! Shikamaru thinks at least 5 steps ahead! Hidan jumped backwards into the circle, but the question is.... Is it the real circle?
Both Hidan and Kakuzu had their eyes off the circle in a few instances which gave time to do something sneaky with the circle. Perhaps we'll see the successful use of Genjutsu next issue!

cravenight
October 04, 2006, 01:06 PM
I would think hidan is pissed that they cut his head off, so he takes his time in torturing asuma, and not just killing him out right, giving time for reenforcement to come and some how save them.

playbychris
October 04, 2006, 01:14 PM
i think that reinforcements are going to come but who do you guys think are the reinforcements.

Logikl
October 04, 2006, 01:36 PM
Nein!!! Shikamaru thinks at least 5 steps ahead! Hidan jumped backwards into the circle, but the question is.... Is it the real circle?
Both Hidan and Kakuzu had their eyes off the circle in a few instances which gave time to do something sneaky with the circle. Perhaps we'll see the successful use of Genjutsu next issue!

Thats exactly what I thought too... maybe Shika made a mock circle with his shadow jutsu or something to screw up the current circle so that hes actually stabbing himself ... (heh that would be tight ;))

gans88
October 04, 2006, 01:39 PM
I'm almost 100% certain that the ritual circle isn't the real cirlce. I'm guessing that its most likely a shadow circle that shikamaru placed or something. who knows. but if asuma dies I won't be tooo suprised considering his father ended up with the same fate. But ye it'd suck if he died. I still think as the son of the third hokage he still has more to offer.

edit: haha u beat me to it Logikl

PredatorNar
October 04, 2006, 01:49 PM
Well it looks like Asuma is dead. I don't care what anyone says, there is no way to stop that. Anyway, Kakuzu seems interesting. I can't really say what Kakuzu is... but I'm interested to learn more about it.[br]Posted on: October 04, 2006, 02:48:29 PM_________________________________________________Also, it's either Genjutsu (Would be a GREAT way to introduce Kurenai into the fight), but it isn't a fake shadow circle. You saw Asuma bleeding from the mouth when Hidan got stabbed by the scythe so it's either an illusion of Asuma and circle or Asuma is really dead now.

ihearthinata
October 04, 2006, 01:54 PM
i think it would be great what others have stated that Shika did a shadow jutsu to make Hidan think he was in his circle. That would be crazy, because Hidan would basically kill himself.
Could that be the weakness for him to die? that he has to do it himself and not by another person?

PredatorNar
October 04, 2006, 01:59 PM
i think it would be great what others have stated that Shika did a shadow jutsu to make Hidan think he was in his circle. That would be crazy, because Hidan would basically kill himself.
Could that be the weakness for him to die? that he has to do it himself and not by another person?

He's still immortal even outside the circle. And the shadow circle idea isn't what happened. THe best answer is that it's Genjutsu. Go back and you'll see Asuma bleeding from the mouth when Hidan hit himself with the scythe.

So either that's really Asuma there bleeding because Hidan is back in the REAL circle or someone is using Genjutsu to fool Hidan into thinking he has killed Asuma.

ihearthinata
October 04, 2006, 02:10 PM
He's still immortal even outside the circle. And the shadow circle idea isn't what happened. THe best answer is that it's Genjutsu. Go back and you'll see Asuma bleeding from the mouth when Hidan hit himself with the scythe.

So either that's really Asuma there bleeding because Hidan is back in the REAL circle or someone is using Genjutsu to fool Hidan into thinking he has killed Asuma.

it could be still from the aftermath of when Kakuzu hit him...
??
just assumptions at th is point

Defenderx2
October 04, 2006, 02:18 PM
I'll elaborate later tonight when I get home, but I think Kakuzu is something akin to a living shadow, much like Shikamaru's powers are controlling shadows, Kakuzu is something way more advanced and he's hiding in a shell of body parts that he controls at will. It's a little like Sasori, but not quite since this is Kakuzu's flesh body broken down and kept alive by his shadow form.

As far as a prediction, I'd like to think that Shikamaru had the symbol on the ground covered in his plan, but he might've been caught off guard by the ineffectiveness of his decaptitation plan and for once, not have thought ahead. His cry of "Stop!" was unbecoming of a ninja and may have been out of desperation, unless he's doing it as part of a bigger plan we're not in on yet. I think we're in for some flashbacks of Asuma and like someone said earlier, after the flashbacks, Asuma will fight back harder than we've seen him do before. I won't comment on whether or not he survives after that.

PredatorNar
October 04, 2006, 02:27 PM
Good theory, but I'm not sure it's shadow that he used to stitch up Hidan's neck. But it's just a speculation so there's a chance you may be right

kyubisharingan
October 04, 2006, 02:34 PM
I think this whole battle is gonna last most of the volume. This is wat, or 4th or 5th chapter??? anyway if Asuma didnt die its because reinforcements came. BUt as ive said in previous Prdictions....Asuma is Died...OR Kurenai comes DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!ALL THAT AND MORE ON THE NEXT DRAGONBALL Z!!

neer
October 04, 2006, 02:41 PM
Wow!!! I finally find some like minded fella's on the predictions thread atleast both with shika's thinking 10 steps(double 5 da) and shadow circle instead of real one....

besides as i said in discussion thread shika's line

"first attack is always fake"
hope that rings a bell....

ofcourse dont discount that pen in kishi's hand.....

As well for the chapter i think while kishi keeps us thinkin on this he will reveal some more of Naruto's training!!!!!!!!!!!

kyubisharingan
October 04, 2006, 02:53 PM
Wow!!! I finally find some like minded fella's on the predictions thread atleast both with shika's thinking 10 steps(double 5 da) and shadow circle instead of real one....

besides as i said in discussion thread shika's line

"first attack is always fake"
hope that rings a bell....

ofcourse dont discount that pen in kishi's hand.....

As well for the chapter i think while kishi keeps us thinkin on this he will reveal some more of Naruto's training!!!!!!!!!!!

wow i would not have thought of a fake!!!! He probably made it when the shadow of Hidan's sharp...thing or watever before it got stabbed into Hidan

ITACHIWIFE
October 04, 2006, 02:58 PM
THIS IS GETTING GOOD :o I HOPE NEXT CHAPER THEY KILL HIDAN AND THE OTHER GUY BECAUES THEY ARE GETTING ANNOYING :notrust

:xp WHY CAN'T HIDAN JUST DIE I WAND TO SEE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!! :yelling

ASUMA DON'T DIE :wtf[br]Posted on: October 04, 2006, 03:56:50 PM_________________________________________________OR BROTHER-INLAW

ihearthinata
October 04, 2006, 03:03 PM
i love it.. keep up the predictions on how this is going to be handled..
forgot about shika saying that the first attack is a fake..
i'm sure that when he realized that the circle was his power source, that he had something figured

dduck
October 04, 2006, 03:11 PM
All of Akatsuki are elite badass mofos.
Each one of them is an upper echilon skilled ninja who is just the man in their own right.

It is just flat out silly to believe low level genjitsu will stop them. I mean, when Kurenai tried her Genjutsu Itachi laughed at it. A fake circle? doubtful. Asuma is already bleeding.

I think all of Shikamaru's team is dead except himself. He will be saved by reinforcements and use this as a reason to finally get stronger.

gujujai
October 04, 2006, 03:27 PM

I think thats very much possible......as he might be just acting to be tired......to make hidan and kakuzu think that he is no longer a threat.......and this time he brings out his real plan.......just like he did in the chunin exam.......checkmate!!!

wombat888
October 04, 2006, 03:34 PM
i think Shika is the Jinchūriki that they are trying to find. So as Asuma is dying, shika will go into a transe(sp) and releases the beast in him for the first time.

Uchiro
October 04, 2006, 03:41 PM
i think Shika is the Jinchūriki that they are trying to find. So as Asuma is dying, shika will go into a transe(sp) and releases the beast in him for the first time.

Worst predicition ever. The Jinchuuriki they are after is Naruto. They just don't know who he is.

I predict, obviously, our beloved Konoha Shinobi are in serious trouble. What scary guys these Akatsuki are!

wombat888
October 04, 2006, 03:46 PM
Worst predicition ever. The Jinchuuriki they are after is Naruto. They just don't know who he is.

I predict, obviously, our beloved Konoha Shinobi are in serious trouble. What scary guys these Akatsuki are!

chill out, man. it is a prediction. i know it was far-fetch but it is what the prediction link is about. not everyone should come up with the same predictions. so just chill out.

gans88
October 04, 2006, 04:25 PM
All of Akatsuki are elite badass mofos.
Each one of them is an upper echilon skilled ninja who is just the man in their own right.

It is just flat out silly to believe low level genjitsu will stop them. I mean, when Kurenai tried her Genjutsu Itachi laughed at it. A fake circle? doubtful. Asuma is already bleeding.

I think all of Shikamaru's team is dead except himself. He will be saved by reinforcements and use this as a reason to finally get stronger.

umm, first of all u can't really compare itachis genjutsu to anyone in akatsuki cuz he has THE SHARINGAN. Making him superpowerfuller in genjutsu. And if I"m right, kurenai is probably the best genjutsu user in konoha. So kurenai appearing and using genjutsu on one of the akatsuki guys is not really a bad idea. And u implying that kurenai having low level genjutsu is just wack and makes no sense. Wow, still can't believe u said kurenai is a low level genjutsu user.

kyubisharingan
October 04, 2006, 04:36 PM

I dont mean to be mean but....THAT was the most dumbest thing ive EVER heard!!!!! How in the world is Shika a Jinchuriki!!?? that was dumb!!!! Srry, no disrespect but there r times when ppl gotta know the truth[br]Posted on: October 04, 2006, 05:34:18 PM_________________________________________________AnYWAY....Kurenai comes in and Asuma is like "Baby, where ya been all.....these past 30 mins?"
then she is like "Im sorry but i had to take Konohamaru somewhere". And u get the picture

Panda
October 04, 2006, 05:28 PM

You need to think ahead a few more steps before you say these things. You need to ask yourself why isnt the sythe enough to kill Asuma and why use that stake? Maybe if Hidan isnt in the circle and he uses the stake on himself, he dies for real.

DanTheGreat
October 04, 2006, 05:31 PM
My Prediction

No idea how, but Asuma is not dead. My guess is that Shikimaru does something, because in the second to last page, I think, they show a slot of him running towards Asuma/Hidan. That's either a desperation run... he does scream to stop... or an actual he has a plan run.

What is that plan? Maybe there is a slight delay in pain retrieval. As in, Asuma isn't effected right away, and when Hidan stabs himself Shikimaru tackles him out of the circle, before the pain/death is transferred. Remember, we can't get a sense of time inbetween panels. Then again, who's to say it doesn't transfer right away.

Why was this chapter called "Cursed One?" It didn't reveal any more about Hidan's past...

(I'm guessing it's much easier to stab himself with a steak, than with a triple scythe...right?)

xerohour
October 04, 2006, 05:34 PM
Heres my two possible scenarios~

Scenario one: During narutos training, yamato mentioned The yin/yang "element" (light and darkness). Assuming that shikamarus skill is in darkness (that would be apparent judging by the fact he can choke you to death with a shadow) its possible he has equal skill with light.

Now by light and dark i do not mean good and evil. However, if shikamaru can manipulate light, it is essentially a very high level genjutsu. This could explain why the circle would not be where its at, and essentially he would be scewing with both akatsuki. When Shikamaru is messing with your mind, your in for some shock

Scenario two: Assuming Asuma really did just get impailed, he may attempt to pull of the shinigami jutsu and take hidans "immortal" soul with him while restricting his movement with kage-mane.

I dont think reinforcements will arrive untill after izumo and his colleage, shika, as well as possibly asuma can do. (unless thats get owned)

Panda
October 04, 2006, 05:44 PM
Also notice the drops of blood in the circle. Who's blood is it? We see these similar drops of blood within the circle in chapter 324. After seeing this... I dunno guys perhaps Asumas a goner.

Natan
October 04, 2006, 06:13 PM
My prediction, asuma die but before leave this world he yell to shika run away to konoha and tell what hidan jutsu weak points are, shika refuse but asuma say to him that is an order and in last second he ask to him say sorry for kurenai because he will not come back then he does an badass suicide jutsu to gain time, and shika crying flee.
EXTRA1 and EXTRA2 die too.

Well if he dies naruto will get the right mood and all the ex-gennins
will have an good move to apppear revenge =)

PS: man my english sux

ihearthinata
October 04, 2006, 06:18 PM
My prediction, asuma die but before leave this world he yell to shika run away to konoha and tell what hidan jutsu weak points are, shika refuse but asuma say to him that is an order and in last second he ask to him say sorry for kurenai because he will not come back then he does an badass suicide jutsu to gain time, and shika crying flee.
EXTRA1 and EXTRA2 die too.

Well if he dies naruto will get the right mood and all the ex-gennins
will have an good move to apppear revenge =)

PS: man my english sux

as far as we have seen Hidan has no weak points so that can't happen.
There has to be some resolution out of this fight. They send a Jounin and 3 high level Chuunin's and they are getting their candy .... handed to them

mangadictus
October 04, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'd say we get to see Asuma in REAL ACTION next chapter. Might show us some jutsus only taught on the 12 Guardian Ninjas. These Monks are Stoics, basically they manipulate life force *i think* in some way. :)

zorro103
October 04, 2006, 07:18 PM
Ok... there is no way Azuma may die!!

At the end of this chapter we can see few drops of blood in the circle and this blood come from Hidan (chap 324) and Azuma just before the final blow he put some of hidan's blood in his mouth to cut the body link between us.
So it's kinda kamikaz attak for hidan...

and after that Kakuzu prefer leave and think about the next move.

kyubisharingan
October 04, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ok... there is no way Azuma may die!!

At the end of this chapter we can see few drops of blood in the circle and this blood come from Hidan (chap 324) and Azuma just before the final blow he put some of hidan's blood in his mouth to cut the body link between us.
So it's kinda kamikaz attak for hidan...

and after that Kakuzu prefer leave and think about the next move.

lol i didnt pay attetion to that. Interesting. Hidan might die afterall...[br]Posted on: October 04, 2006, 08:26:59 PM_________________________________________________700 posts YEA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alebron
October 04, 2006, 07:29 PM
Hey Guys

Do you think ?? Why Izumo did the the Water Element Field Syrup Candy ????

That's is fake circle that's what I think ... He did that to take the circle out ( that's a prediction)

and the fight is going to get better now

that is my prediction

panzerzanaku
October 04, 2006, 07:55 PM
i wud be really disappointed with kishimoto if the konoha nins beside shikamaru didnt die.

if either hidan or kakuzu dies bcuz of share dumb luck it wpuld just be lame.

these akatsuki are clearly on a higher level than team asuma
u cant just have the bad guys alone dieing in a series about ninjas
that would be just boring.

erieru
October 04, 2006, 08:01 PM
First I don't think there is any Gensutsu involve in any of this, it would be just lame. I do think however that Shikamaru may have come up with some super strange plan that only he and Asuma know about, therefore the other two guys (who are extra and completely useless in my opinion) are just actors in this ver well elaborated act.

nohm
October 04, 2006, 08:02 PM
Azuma just before the final blow he put some of hidan's blood in his mouth to cut the body link between us.

It didn't directly show that happening, but it would make sense if it's a way to save Asuma from dying. Good prediction.

If Asuma dies now, it'd be a mediocre character sacrifice on Kishi's part (probably close to the mediocrity of Hayate's introduction and death, and also considering the hype behind Asuma's background info). He should at least live long enough to reveal more background info on himself so it could be used as a solid catalyst for other character's to roll off with. Otherwise, his uber-slow character development would turn into wasted chapters.

If he has to die, I hope it's at least around the end of this Akatsuki confrontation or maybe around the last major battle. Again, he'd be a waste to kill of in the next chapter...

btw, wtf is up with Kakuzu's forearm extensions? It reminds me of Mazinger Z, lol. It wouldn't be a surprise if he's able to use his forearms like tazer guns.

White Rabbit
October 04, 2006, 08:07 PM
You need to think ahead a few more steps before you say these things. You need to ask yourself why isnt the sythe enough to kill Asuma and why use that stake? Maybe if Hidan isnt in the circle and he uses the stake on himself, he dies for real.

I think it's just because the scythe didn't hit any vital spots.
And maybe this stick has something to do with his religion and the ritual.
cause iirc, it was the same stick that he pulled out of his chest after the fights against nibi and the monks.
so it looks that this is hidans usual final blow. and neither asuma nor shikamaru did seem to have something up their sleeves. the only chance i see fur asuma are some elite-medic-nins that arrive as backup in the next chapter.

i bet on the backup-scenario anyway, because if hidan and kakuzu aren't somehow forced to retreat, shikamaru will be dead very soon... and that's something kishi certainly wouldn't do.

PredatorNar
October 04, 2006, 08:13 PM
Okay, maybe you guys are forgetting about Hidan's character. I've seen people make predictions that would not hold up with the story.

I don't need to ask myself anything. How about you think about the situation a bit. The scythe hit Hidan in the stomach (which is why Asuma is currently throwing up blood. Also, I doubt someone will be throwing up blood from getting kicked to the ground by Kakuzu =\). Think about this, don't you think it would be difficult to push a scythe deeper into your own stomach? It's way harder than simply pushing the stake he has (which is his kill weapon obviously) into his own heart. Think about it yourself for a bit. It's way easier to push a skinny stake into your heart and push deeper a big scythe into your stomach.

Also notice the drops of blood in the circle. Who's blood is it? We see these similar drops of blood within the circle in chapter 324. After seeing this... I dunno guys perhaps Asumas a goner.

Uhm, yea let us think =\ Who has been repeatedly stabbed within the circle? Hmm, hmmm, hmmmm, oh maybe Hidan? Yea, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it's Hidan's blood in the circle. But just because he's bleeding doesn't mean he's dying. He was bleeding when Isumo and Kotetsu stabbed him in the sides, but did Hidan die? No, he did not.

Also, it's already been established that Shikamaru is at his limit. It's been stressed a few times during the fight that he's at his limit and he's not Naruto so he isn't going to muster up extra chakra to do anything big. Just like when he fought Temari, he stated he was at his limit AND HE WAS.

Another thing, so what if Hidan isn't in the circle (He obviously is since Asuma is friggin bleeding from the mouth, unless that's genjutsu to fool Hidan), Hidan is immortal as far as we see. And some people said maybe if he stabs himself when outside the circle, he'll kill himself. Oh yea, that makes a lot of sense. He was outside the circle, got stabbed in both sides from Izumo and Kotetsu (And this is before the voodoo thing) and his head got cut off when he's outside the cirlce BUT OBVIOUSLY if HE stabs himself when outside the circle it will kill him. Yea that makes sense.

But you guys will probably say that Hidan's scythe and stake are special and if he stabs himself outside the circle, the special scythe and stake will kill him ::rolls eyes:: . Yea, Hidan is that stupid to use weapons like that =\

THe scythe is, as Shika said, for long range attacks because with the big ass blades, it's very likely he'll cut his target. And the stake is simply to pierce his organs and is long enough to go through his body (It's basically a long ass pin that would be used on voodoo dolls).

Oh yea, about Izumo's Syrup thing. When you read the manga, you notice that Kakuzu was some distance away from the circle and the point of the Syrup Candy was to make Kakuzu stick to the floor. I don't think it was close enough to the circle to wash it away.

And let me repeat, how could it be a fake circle, unless it's Genjutsu? Shika is AT HIS LIMIT and notice how they were saying he's at his limit (and Shika himself said it during the fight) amongst themselves do they weren't trying to fake out the enemy. Also, if Shika WASN'T at his limit, why would he be running after Hidan?

My opinion is that the only way this fight will resolve is if reinforcements arrive or all of Asuma's team dies.

So now that I've thrown out the bad predictions (Sorry to be harsh but they really are bad predictions), here are my thoughts:

1. A Genjutsu user has fooled Hidan into thinking he's jumped into his circle but he's really just on normal ground and he's fooling Hidan's eyes into thinking Asuma is being killed. Then that's their chance, while Hidan is suffering from the illusion effects, to take his head off again and maybe destroy his body or whatever. Kakuzu is still stuck to the floor and is a little preoccupied so I don't know how much of a defense he'll put up.

2. Or Asuma is actually dead. He'll die, Kakuzu will make short work of Izumo, Kotetsu and when Kakuzu tries to collect Asuma's bounty, THEN reinforcement arrives and they fight over Asuma's body. Konoha jounins retrieve Asuma's body while Kakuzu and Hidan either retreat or are defeated and they give Asuma a proper burial. Also, I'd like to note that since Shikamaru IS a chuunin, he'll KNOW when to retreat. He's not an idiot.

Also, someone said that Asuma would perform the same sacrificial jutsu that the 3rd used to seal Orochimaru's arms. Yea, I think that's gonna be kinda difficult when you're bleeding from your stomach and chest. And how would he be able to hold Hidan long enough to do it? He can't even land a blow on Hidan anymore. And please don't say Shika will hold Hidan down because as it's been shown, HE'S AT HIS LIMIT.

Okay, that's my thoughts.

JusT.NarutO
October 04, 2006, 08:14 PM
Kishi keep surprising us..
The MOST original chapters ever.. rarely we see a prediction be correct x)

So.. let´s see the facts:

We have Kakuzu with some type of special body. And when he puts the head of hidan back in his body, we se hidan recover the control of his body, what means that he can renew some damage he taken, maybe all of the damage after all..

We have Izumo and Kotetsu trying something interesting.. and getting owned after that.

And finally we have hidan "owning" asuma by his most-knowed jutsu.

Ok, as EVERY ONE CAN SEE that are the OBVIOUS facts. Now let´s for the important details:

"Shikamaru is on his limit" as Kotetsu says.. And we se Shika very tired..

Maybe Shika is preparing some jutsu or genjutsu.. or preparing a trap for the akatsuki guys.. some kind of "last card" to play in the game.. Or maybe he is just on his limit after all.. but who knows..

Asuma bleeds when hidan does his self-attack. Or it´s all a genjusu.. or asuma is really getting hurt.. a bushin couldn´t be linked to hidan.. it doesn´t make sense.. a bushin haven´t blood!
Maybe kurenai already arrived.. some genjutsu shoud help a lot in that dirty situation.. or maybe asuma is facing the death right now ..

In fact, Konoha team IS too weak to face that akatsuki guys. Freaking rank-S criminals.. and any card shika plays.. seems to work but the effect isn´t is enought to stop them!

The best we can expect is asuma preparing some nice jutsu while shika makes hidan think that asuma is hurt on the floor by his curse. Then kakuzu starts to fight to his full power.. and the backup arrives and saves the day..

Ah cmon, two sarutobi-family members dying.. wouldn´t be cool =\

Go Asuma.. we trust in you =)

PredatorNar
October 04, 2006, 08:28 PM
Someone just said it's lame for Genjutsu to be what is happening but OH it makes WAY MORE sense for Shika, who admittedly is AT HIS FRIGGIN LIMIT to create a fake circle. Oh yea. That is differently less lame than a Genjutsu user stepping in to help =\

God, no offense but some of these prediction aren't even using Naruto universe logic.

White Rabbit, he friggin put the stake in his own chest which is hitting a vital. Obviously he knows it won't kill him. Izumo and Kotetsu stabbed him in vitals at the start. He GOT HIS HEAD FRIGGIN CUT OFF. I 100% know that Hidan stabbing himself will not kill himself no matter if he's in the circle or not.

Oh yea that Asuma licking blood makes no sense to stop the jutsu. With voodoo dolls, you need something of the person you want to curse to torment him. The blood was used to make Hidan into a Asuma doll. The circle is what keeps the link UP. Asuma licking blood won't do anything. The circle is what keeps the jutsu alive. So as long as he's in the circle, he's Hidan the life-size Asuma voodoo doll.

Oh yea, if you go back a chapter or two, you'll see Shika saying he's almost at his limit and Asuma tells him to hold on another minute and as soon as Asuma chops off the head, Shika let's go exhausted. What more proof do you need to realize he is at his limit?

JusT.NarutO
October 04, 2006, 08:30 PM
After re-reading the chapter.. i note more 2 things =)

Asuma Attacks Hidan.. he retreat.. and then.. fakes the attack at asuma to hit´s himself IN the circle and damage asuma.

But MAYBE he has seen that he was in the circle after asuma attacks him.. what could mean.. that ASUMA attacked him TO MAKE HIM GO INTO A FAKE circle and try to use it.. and just injure himself.. and then asuma could just fake the scene with shikamaru

That is a possibility... but who knows.. shika where too much nervous when he seen asuma falling to the floor..

Or Maybe asuma were really stabbed in the first attack.. but then.. shika runs to them.. maybe shika done something.. to save asuma.. and damage himself.. who knows..

But Yes.. really shika seems to be at his limit.. we maybe expect more from him.. just because we know.. if he don´t make anything.. there will be no much hope for the konoha team.. except the arrive of the backup =\

So much possibilities... omg.. i´m so nervous ^^

I really dont think that asuma is going to die.. he could be close to death.. but he will not die right now..
Something seems to be too easy...
Kakuzu saying that "He´s finished", hidan just talking that he is dead (again).. seems.. to good for the akatsuki..
I really believe that asuma will escape from that =)

mugen
October 04, 2006, 08:32 PM
True I mean Asuma should be some what strong. He is of the Sarutobi clan not to mention a wind user. I really hope he has a better wind jutsu thatn those chakra blades. But i'm really starting to think that Asuma is going to die. I mean that back up better not be how they defeat Hidan and Kakuzu. I mean it just took two to beat Sasori.
As for my prediction Asuma used something or he does'nt die or does. And if they survive they might actually take Hidan & Kakuzu to Konoha to interegate.

erieru
October 04, 2006, 08:36 PM
the only thing that really worries me about Asuma is the fact that he was indeed thinking of leaving, (running awAY!!! people), that kinda defeats the theory that he is in some kinda of secret plan with Shikamaru, unless... he knew that Kakuzu can read your thoughts or something like it, because it seemed as if he read Asuma's mind when he said, (maybe we can scape)

PredatorNar
October 04, 2006, 08:40 PM
You guys are overrating the guy just because he's related to the 3rd. He's a jounin and a good wind user. That's it.

Did someone just say Asuma MADE Hidan go into the circle and he's faking? Oh yea, we all know shinobi are good at fake dying and especially spitting out blood. =\

Oh yea, Shika has to get past Kakuzu to actually do anything to Hidan. And if he was performing a jutsu (Remember he's at his limit), don't you think Kakuzu would notice it and warn Hidan? Yea, your predictions are flawed.

Also, man Hidan must go through a lot of Akatsuki wear if he does this in ever battle. The Akatsuki leader must be pissed that Hidan keeps putting big holes in his robe.

Hidan: Eh, hey man. Uh, I need another custom suit.
Leader: *Sigh* Not again. That's the 6th suit this weak, you prick! Stop friggin stabbing yourself so much you friggin emo!

sirhcmick
October 04, 2006, 08:44 PM
i predict naruto learns the body flicker and flash kicks hidan out of the circle before he stabs himself (lol i wish)

CTS
October 04, 2006, 08:47 PM
I think that Asuma is going to have a Naruto moment and get up even though he should be dead motivated by his loved ones at home and Shikamaru behind him. Once he gets up he unleashes some rediculous attack that kills hidan and then he collapses to exhausted and beat up to ever get up again.

mugen
October 04, 2006, 08:50 PM
I think that Asuma is going to have a Naruto moment and get up even though he should be dead motivated by his loved ones at home and Shikamaru behind him. Once he gets up he unleashes some rediculous attack that kills hidan and then he collapses to exhausted and beat up to ever get up again.

True that seems tha most logical one. I hope for something like that. :tem

razor
October 04, 2006, 08:58 PM
hm, for next prediction,it is the time for one more character to die...btw, this is will give shikamaru to revenge and maybe use some forbidden shadow jutsu or something else even he at his limit now.for the past few chapters,i think kishi want to end asuma life.that's it.

it's just a prediction..yeah.

nohm
October 04, 2006, 09:05 PM
Eh, there is no REAL logic to the Naruto universe. Remember Kakashi obtaining Mangekyo and doing his wacked out time/space manipulation technique? And also this random voodoo bs?

My point is, some people do come up with the most lame shit, but there's always room for everyone to make any kinds of predictions.

Some of you need to get up off your high stools and just relax. :tem

jester065
October 04, 2006, 09:19 PM
You know i want Asuma to die :cussing ... and i think he is going to. I think for Asuma not to die at this point would make Akatsuki seem weak and that a 4 man team could kill them. Sasori wasn't weak but he willingly died or whatever you wanna believe... to a chuunin and an a Village Elder (higher than jounin). There no way she was just a jounin even at her age and thats why they won that fight.

Plus the reason i think we saw so much Asuma before the fight was so that people would get a feel for him and start liking his character. If he died without this build up people would be sad but wouldn't know anything about him so it would be shorted lived and almost meanless. This way there is some emotion if he dies and it draws you back to see what happens to him from chapter to chapter.

Back to 326...these guys are strong and i think even if backup shows up that they could take them. Kakazu just jumped into this and Hidan ready and back into the fight. None of them look tired at all. Plus going off what Jiraiya said all the members could take out a small county or was it village... i forget but anyway look what they did to the Fire temple.

I predict Asuma died or is about to die and back up may show up to save Shikamaru. Hopefully we will see Naruto.

Hemostrat
October 04, 2006, 09:21 PM
So my question, where the hell are people getting that Asuma got some of Hidan's blood? I must've missed that pannel.

Also, IF the circle was a shadow circle by Shikamaru, Hidan wouldn't be able to move the second he got in it. Plus, we would see the shadow line from Shikamaru to Hidan.

Asuma is gonna cough up blood, manage to do that one jutsu that the 12 guardian monks are known for as a final attempt and die. The chapter ends, leaving the cloud dissapearing and Hidan also on the ground dead. Ohh cliffhanger, is he really alive? Yes. Why? BECAUSE HE'S IMMORTAL!

lentharius
October 04, 2006, 09:24 PM
Here's my quick prediction, Asuma was hit by the scythe that's why he's coughing blood, but Shikamaru managed to break the circle right before Hidan stabbed himself in the heart. Therefore maybe that attack is the only one that can kill Hidan, so he dies, and Asuma is still critically injured so we still need to worry that he may die.

sirhcmick
October 04, 2006, 09:31 PM
hmmm i predict that the back up may just be kurani because i was thinking of many ways this would work and the only where there getting out is if she gets them in genjutsu while there distracted with that everyone runs(at this point i dont see anyway for them to win)

nick572
October 04, 2006, 09:56 PM
A way Asuma might be saved is Shikamaru could use his shadow to make a reverse circle and that might reverse the effect and save Asume, but that is justa complete guess.

jester065
October 04, 2006, 10:01 PM
mmm.. well i think that the lvl these guys are at any genjutsu user lower than them won't be able to hold them for long or at all... i think they would just focus there chakra and get out of it.. nothing short of Jiraiya or really elite jounins showing up can save them

assqwert
October 04, 2006, 10:02 PM
maybe reinforcement has arrived and kurenai is using genjetsu?

erieru
October 04, 2006, 11:22 PM
well.... like I have said before (and I'm sure many have as well) I don't think this is a matter of Genjutsu, for a Genjutsu to work against this kinda guys it would have to be at least Itachi level, and even then it's almost sure they will notice it. This is going to have to be some super powerfull reinforcement for Asuma to live OR (a big or) Shikamaru will surprise us and have a Huge card underneath his sleeve than not even Asuma has noticed (because he was thinking of running away) so, that said I do have a bizarre theory about how Shikamaru may have tricked Hidan and do some kind of play with his circle think.
remember in the chuunin exam when Shika used the hole that naruto made in the ground to his advantage? If you notice carefully his piercing technique goes underground (at least that is the way is being drawn when he is holding Hidan down right before Asuma chops his head off) and then we see him release the body, the only think I can think of is that in that moment when he released the body he may have modified the circle right before returning his shadow, OR he may still have a conection underground while he's running (very unlikely)
oh well, I can't wait to next week to see if Asuma is really dead or not, but he does not look good :scry

aylw
October 04, 2006, 11:25 PM
Okay, maybe you guys are forgetting about Hidan's character. I've seen people make predictions that would not hold up with the story.

I don't need to ask myself anything. How about you think about the situation a bit. ... blah blah blah... . Just like when he fought Temari, he stated he was at his limit AND HE WAS.
... blah blah blah...
So now that I've thrown out the bad predictions (Sorry to be harsh but they really are bad predictions), here are my thoughts:
.... blah blah blah...
Okay, that's my thoughts.

You need to learn how to write more eloquently without sounding so pompous. Just reading your style annoys me. Imagine speaking to your friend like that, you'd get smacked in the face in 5 minutes. (Sorry to be harsh but you really do write annoyingly) Just keep that in mind, and with time, your writing skills will improve.

Anyways, Prediction: Asuma won't die. Every death has a purpose so far in this Comic. What purpose would Asuma's death have? We already know Akatsuki's badass, and that the good guys had very little chance from the get-go. Shika wouldn't grow much because he's already had that 'not doing enough' growth from chasing the sound nin. Also, I don't think we're done seeing what the two other chunin can do, as they're recurring characters. So they're not going to die without a fight. My bet is that the Akatsuki underestimated the konoha ninja's skill,and they pull something out, to stall long enough for reinforcments to come.

-Aylw

CheckMate
October 04, 2006, 11:45 PM

I come up with this idea too.
Either there is someone there trapped Hidan in Genjutsu, or Shikamaru somehow managed to fake the circle.

bloodrage
October 05, 2006, 12:28 AM
Akatsuki should send there own reinforcements. Then it'd be the end of the leaf, or at least Asuma and Shikamaru would die. Now that wouldn't make sense but it'd make for a cool fight and I seriously think that the series is dragging out way to long. Kishimoto said himself that he introduced to many concepts so I think creating a big plot twist where a lot of people from both the Leaf and Akatsuki's side die would help move Naruto along. Why would anyone want the series to go faster? So Sasuke can come back of course!

you want the series to end faster so saskue can come out but if the series end then saskue and everything ends with it.

and you guys give ataksuki to much praise, 4 guys are not doing badly against two of em .imagine if 8 of them all of whom aare not all at the same level tried to destroy the leaf .they would be annialiated(spelling), cause i cud bet my life a 4 tail naruto can beat kazkuz and hindan at once. hindan can't pierce his skin to get any blood, and kazkuz is a damn mummy ..

predictions: i want to be optimistic buuuuttttt, i feel asuma has to go. maybe some miracle he will be saved in the end. but he is ouuta the fight ,shikamaru will get serious and kill both hindan and kazkuz next chapter the battle ends.

neer
October 05, 2006, 12:57 AM
hmm after seeing the scantalations i really cant say anythin anymore... except rem his fight with the flute user in the sasuke retreival arc.... how he seemed helpless and then suddenly had her in kagemane bind....

ofcourse the same arc also shows how weak his chakra is .. .so if he is not faking.. then asuma is gone but i still hope for one more twist before Asuma finally gets owned.. I do think he will die in this arc just not yet and without showing anything cool ......

rayywang
October 05, 2006, 01:23 AM
Cool, an early RAW and translation!

I knew Kakuzu was some kind of medical-nin from his dress. :) See: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=5358.msg93463#msg93463 Although the whole Frankenstein sewing thing is something I'd imagine Oro would do with his corpses.

I think Asuma's really going to die. The whole shogi thing was an allusion to a sacrifice he would make for his 'king' - though we've yet to see Asuma 'sacrifice' himself, only get pwned. So he may stay alive just yet ... but not for long. But his death, as aylw had indicated, will not be a meaningless one. It has to be done to save or defend someone.

Shikamaru may be temporarily at a loss, but Asuma indicated during the shogi match that he thinks differently, out of the box, is able to 'jump around' like the knight ... and also protect the 'king' ... whoever the king is (I don't think Shika is the king btw). So he will figure something out, I'm sure of it (consistent with his character from previous life/death situations).

Uchiha-Itachi
October 05, 2006, 02:27 AM
hmm......i do hope Asuma will die, if the Akatsuki guys get fool again by Asuma, Shika, it really show how lame Akatsuki members is. :darn

Even the hakage of sand ( Gaara ) get defected so easy by ONE ( only ONE ) Akatsuki members, not to say Asuma team is against 2 Akatsuki members, and i don't think that Asuma and shika is stronger than Gaara indeed. Although shika is much more smarter or we can call him genius but i think he still lack of skill. (don't forget he is genius, smart, but quite lazy too)
Some say that Hidan is not that smart and intelligent ( i agree with that :tem ), since Asuma and Shika is fighting with Hidan now, so he might really get fool by Asuma and Shika, yet, at the end of the manga, even kakuzu said : ( it's too late ). If kakuzu also get fool, it don't seems that logic to me, coz to me kakuzu is that type like Itachi calm and smart.

Remember when Sasori fighting with his grandmom n Sakura, after he force to use his own body to fight and he say something like : ( It has been long time i didn't use my body to fight seens after the fight with Akatsuki before joining them ) It means that every Akatsuki members are been tested or they have some unnormal abilities and skill to become an Akatsuki member, so all of them should be very superior and talented. :oh

So i don't think they will get fool by Asuma and Shika, and if they do, nothing much i can say,
Lame and Sucks :darn

ShadowStrike
October 05, 2006, 02:28 AM
I usually visit this place just to read and not reply because it's too troublesome to login. Anyways, here goes!

First, If Asuma's teach couldn't own Hidan, what makes some of you think the second team is gonna own Kakuzu (and Hidan)? For all you know, the backup team could be some weak retards. Remember even Anbu get owned easily in Orochimaru and Sound 4 saga.

Second, Asuma is a Jounin. If all he can use is blow fire and wind blades, then I think he's damn noob. There were some sentimental moments he spent with his Dad (the third's grave). So I think Asuma will live. Besides, do you want Konohamaru to be the only male Sarutobi (or whatever) family member?

Third, I think the other two chunins, whatever their names are, should die. They are freaking useless pawns. I dont suppose Jounin is a pawn -.-". King could be Naruto.

Fourth, I think Shikamaru has already figured out that Hidan is immortal even outside the bloody circle. I mean I'm sure he noticed it when the two konoha pawns stabbed Hidan. So Shikamaru must have thought one step ahead of just chopping off the head. That probably just to slow things down.

Lastly, there are two possible outcome:

1). Asuma team deals with Kakuzu now, since Hidan is useless without his body, maybe he'll try biting. So if Asuma team, and maybe the reinforcement, can handle Kakuzu before Hidan gets his body back, I think we will see the brilliance of Shikamaru.

2). Kakuzu managed to sew Hidan back to his body. And Hidan is back to normal, or even bring up higher lvl techniques. Now, you know the outcome of the Asuma team if this happens.

Chill.. it's only manga

renrutal
October 05, 2006, 02:41 AM
Okay, I'll fire everything I have:

- This is all Genjutsu, Kurenai comes to rescue, and they are all already some miles away.

- Shikamaru changes the blood in Hidan's ritual to either his own or Hidan's/Kazuku's.

- Reinforcements arrive, they dismante the circle before the heart strike.

- Asuma's mind flashbacks to Kurenai and the conversation they had after she interrupted him and Kakashi.
-- That talk is about her being pregnant (which he already knew, and was going to tell Kakashi), and about Konohamaru.

- Asuma commits suicide before Hidan is able to kill him, that also kills Hidan.

Dark Zeza
October 05, 2006, 03:04 AM
Okay, I'll fire everything I have:

- This is all Genjutsu, Kurenai comes to rescue, and they are all already some miles away.

- Shikamaru changes the blood in Hidan's ritual to either his own or Hidan's/Kazuku's.

- Reinforcements arrive, they dismante the circle before the heart strike.

- Asuma's mind flashbacks to Kurenai and the conversation they had after she interrupted him and Kakashi.
-- That talk is about her being pregnant (which he already knew, and was going to tell Kakashi), and about Konohamaru.

- Asuma commits suicide before Hidan is able to kill him, that also kills Hidan.

I dont see Kakuzu bleeding at all. But why do you guys think the camera zoomed purposely on the blood on the floor page 13?

About suicide, I am surprised, I doubt anyone who fought with Hidan would try to suicide. So if Asuma really does suicide, that might get Hidan.

My prediction : Asuma is not dead yet, and Shikamaru have already planed how to hold both of them, but he looks like he is at his limit. Or maybe the reinforcement will come, important characters of course.

ZeroDegrez
October 05, 2006, 03:44 AM
Here's a new thought:

We are still clueless as to 'how' Hidan's Jutsu works.

When it comes to his 'voodoo' maybe you have to believe in it for it to work. Maybe it's like genjitsu, where you need to be looking at him for it to work. Why that circle, why is that circle so important to the 'ritual'.

For the first time, Asuma has no reason to believe or disbelieve, so he is hurt. Kind of like an illusion spell in D&D, unless you have a reasonable doubt it's not real, you buy into it.

Seeing this mysterious pain, Asuma has reasons to doubt, hes never seen shit like this before...how is this possible...etc...therefore

Hidan then puts on a show for us. Telling us about the ritual, and the curse, and all the other things one needs to be given reason to believe they have been cursed, and to buy into it.

The second time, Shikamaru drags Hidan from the circle, the focal point of Hidan's rant, giving Asuma reason to doubt.

So Asuma disbelives...or, at least believes the curse has been lifted, and no longer fears it. Tests, and sees, no reflected pain.

I currently don't have a answer for the coughing up blood thing, except, take a look at the frames very carefully. After the attack, and the scyth swings back, AND HAS HIT. Asuma says: "I won't fall for that again". The dude has time to say those words. But there's just one problem.

All other attacks have reflected instantly. There wasn't a delay in the pain/injury.

It's not until the "!!!!!!!!" when Asuma SEES the injury, sees Hidan is in the circle that he begins to feel the pain, and begins to cough up blood.

So, right before the final blow, perhaps since Asuma isn't looking, hes got his head down coughing, he will be okay, or he doesn't believe.

Or...something to break the "voodoo" spell that's on him.

photaibo
October 05, 2006, 05:27 AM
Me also think, Asuma just pretends to be affected by Hidan. He coughs and yawning to let Hidan think, he got hurt. Cuz at first, when Hidan hit himself with the scythe, Asuma said, that he won't fall for that trick a second time, then suddenly began to cough and stuff when recognizing Hidan was inside the circle. Looks like, it's really just a fake, which Shikamaru made.

White Rabbit
October 05, 2006, 07:11 AM
White Rabbit, he friggin put the stake in his own chest which is hitting a vital. Obviously he knows it won't kill him. Izumo and Kotetsu stabbed him in vitals at the start. He GOT HIS HEAD FRIGGIN CUT OFF. I 100% know that Hidan stabbing himself will not kill himself no matter if he's in the circle or not.

Um... when did I ever say that the stake will kill Hidan?
I only said that I guess that Hidan is using his stake to pierce himself because the scythe didn't hit any vital spots and that the stake seems to be his usual deathblow-weapon. And I didn't mention the circle at all.

Please read other peoples posts carefully before you make such a comment.

Rooks
October 05, 2006, 07:55 AM
Please all remember this is a prediction thread, and despite the fact you may not agree or feel there is a 'logic' behind the manga which makes peoples predictions invalid, that does not give you the right to stomp all over them (hint hint PredatorNar).

I keep hearing this "FACT" that Shikimaru is at his limit. Sorry, I don't buy it. First of all, its not Shikimaru who claimed he was at his limit, it was one of the other Nin with them. Shiki is obviously tired, but that doesn't mean he's OUT. So before spouting things like "ITS OBVIOUS THAT SHIKI IS AT HIS LIMIT" please try to understand that until Kishi has Shiki raise his hand up and say "Im at my limit, i give up!" then it's probably *NOT* a fact. It's a very valid opinion, but state it at so instead of using it to 'shoot down' other predictions. By the way, this latest chapter had Shiki on his feet RUNNING to Asuma, so it sounds like he's got at least something left or he'd be taking a little nap on the ground instead.

I like the idea of Genjutsu being used to 'fool Hidan' but doeesn't that mean it would have to also be applied to Kakuzu as well? Otherwise Kakuzu could just throw a little dagger or something and graze Hidan to snap him outa it, or call to him, or break it with his <insert some crazy Akatsuki anti-genjutsu move that kishi makes up outa nowhere here>. I'd much rather believe, and this has been stated already, that this is all an elaborate plan by Shikimaru and Atsuma.. Remember, these two know eachother inside and out. Atsuma knows what a genius Shiki is and how many steps he can think of, so I'd like to believe that although the other "filler nin" who seem to think Asuma is toast, and shiki is at his limit, that this whole farce is playing into their plan that only THEY are privvy to.

Based on everything we have learned about Shiki in the past, i can't believe that his single "grab Hidan and walk him outa the circle so asuma can cut his head off" was the extent of his planning. It must have only been the 'first step' in some sort of elaborate plan to eventually nullify Hidan's immortality. How? I got no idea, but i think that is whats going on right now.

Some good predictions in here so far.. keep it up! =)

Dead or Alive
October 05, 2006, 08:04 AM
I really hope backup won't come and spoil the asuma death scene. If backup did come in time and use some genjutsu to fool akatsuki I think it is starting to get old. Anybody notice that whenever Shika(and whoever he is teaming with) is in trouble, there is always reinforcements to save his butt? The 1st time, in the forest of death(loud mouth Neji and Sasuke save them). Second time, the sound ninja chase him and he run out of cakra(Asuma save him this time). Third time, Shika's girlfriend has a cat fight with flute girl to save his skin(he is not only a genius, but the luckiest person in the narutoverse too). Really, reinforcements will ruin it again if they come. I want to see Shika's growth of power!!!!!!

King
October 05, 2006, 08:19 AM
Here's a new thought:

We are still clueless as to 'how' Hidan's Jutsu works.

When it comes to his 'voodoo' maybe you have to believe in it for it to work. Maybe it's like genjitsu, where you need to be looking at him for it to work. Why that circle, why is that circle so important to the 'ritual'.

For the first time, Asuma has no reason to believe or disbelieve, so he is hurt. Kind of like an illusion spell in D&D, unless you have a reasonable doubt it's not real, you buy into it.

Seeing this mysterious pain, Asuma has reasons to doubt, hes never seen shit like this before...how is this possible...etc...therefore

Hidan then puts on a show for us. Telling us about the ritual, and the curse, and all the other things one needs to be given reason to believe they have been cursed, and to buy into it.

The second time, Shikamaru drags Hidan from the circle, the focal point of Hidan's rant, giving Asuma reason to doubt.

So Asuma disbelives...or, at least believes the curse has been lifted, and no longer fears it. Tests, and sees, no reflected pain.

I currently don't have a answer for the coughing up blood thing, except, take a look at the frames very carefully. After the attack, and the scyth swings back, AND HAS HIT. Asuma says: "I won't fall for that again". The dude has time to say those words. But there's just one problem.

All other attacks have reflected instantly. There wasn't a delay in the pain/injury.

It's not until the "!!!!!!!!" when Asuma SEES the injury, sees Hidan is in the circle that he begins to feel the pain, and begins to cough up blood.

So, right before the final blow, perhaps since Asuma isn't looking, hes got his head down coughing, he will be okay, or he doesn't believe.

Or...something to break the "voodoo" spell that's on him.

it's not belief that does the trick, because Asuma didn't even know the jutsu existed when he first got stab-reflected in the leg. The blood Asuma coughs out is also mirrored by Hidan's blood-tainted lips, if you look on page 134 when Hidan says, "Idiot! It's not the same!" or whatnot. Asuma is just feeling the pain that Hidan feels in getting his neck cut off, then sewed back on.

I think it's 50-50 whether Asuma dies or not. Someone was saying that Asuma's death would serve no purpose, but it's pretty early to say that. Asuma dying could drive Shikimaru into despair and desperate resolution, like Sasuke's encounter with Itachi. To say that Shikimaru has already gone through a crisis similar to this nature doesn't really mean anything, since life will always continue to have obstacles of this kind, concerning death, your own and those of your comrades.. How many times has Naruto gambled his life to fight in a battle? Just because he does so against Zabuza doesn't mean it's pointless for him to do it against Gaara, and so forth; each time is a trial that tests his strength and resolution.

At the same time, Asuma may not die, since Hidan strikes the final blow at the end of the chapter and who knows what new random elements will pop up next chapter... it is manga after all[br]Posted on: October 05, 2006, 09:10:14 AM_________________________________________________

Please all remember this is a prediction thread, and despite the fact you may not agree or feel there is a 'logic' behind the manga which makes peoples predictions invalid, that does not give you the right to stomp all over them (hint hint PredatorNar).

I keep hearing this "FACT" that Shikimaru is at his limit. Sorry, I don't buy it. First of all, its not Shikimaru who claimed he was at his limit, it was one of the other Nin with them. Shiki is obviously tired, but that doesn't mean he's OUT. So before spouting things like "ITS OBVIOUS THAT SHIKI IS AT HIS LIMIT" please try to understand that until Kishi has Shiki raise his hand up and say "Im at my limit, i give up!" then it's probably *NOT* a fact. It's a very valid opinion, but state it at so instead of using it to 'shoot down' other predictions. By the way, this latest chapter had Shiki on his feet RUNNING to Asuma, so it sounds like he's got at least something left or he'd be taking a little nap on the ground instead.

I like the idea of Genjutsu being used to 'fool Hidan' but doeesn't that mean it would have to also be applied to Kakuzu as well? Otherwise Kakuzu could just throw a little dagger or something and graze Hidan to snap him outa it, or call to him, or break it with his <insert some crazy Akatsuki anti-genjutsu move that kishi makes up outa nowhere here>. I'd much rather believe, and this has been stated already, that this is all an elaborate plan by Shikimaru and Atsuma.. Remember, these two know eachother inside and out. Atsuma knows what a genius Shiki is and how many steps he can think of, so I'd like to believe that although the other "filler nin" who seem to think Asuma is toast, and shiki is at his limit, that this whole farce is playing into their plan that only THEY are privvy to.

Based on everything we have learned about Shiki in the past, i can't believe that his single "grab Hidan and walk him outa the circle so asuma can cut his head off" was the extent of his planning. It must have only been the 'first step' in some sort of elaborate plan to eventually nullify Hidan's immortality. How? I got no idea, but i think that is whats going on right now.

Some good predictions in here so far.. keep it up! =)

the problem is, okay Shikimaru is a genius at chess. But when your enemy comes up with shit you have no idea existed, there's a limit to how far genius can go. For example, Shikimaru planned wrongly against the flute-girl when Temari joined up with him (he suggested retreat instead of offense) because he didn't know Temari's abilities. When the enemy surprises you at every turn, it's folly to believe Shikimaru planned it all... No one expected Kakuzu to sew up Hidan's head, and that's that...

Even if you are a genius at chess, if I can bring an Imperial Star Destroyer from out of the blue to knock your king off the chess board, gg no re, don't say you EXPECTED/PLANNED for it!

Deathstalker
October 05, 2006, 09:59 AM
Thinking about this thing a couple ideas came to me, the first of which is if i'm remembering right, when Asuma beheaded Hidan, didn't he lose his little necklace thing? Anyone think that might play some role somehow (not sure what really... everything seems in line with his jutsu, and he wasn't worried about it, but it may have some use).
Also, I find it kind of interesting that if Asuma was just affected by the skewering, it's a very very similar way to how the Third went out (Oro's sword through his chest) and he still managed to pull off the death god thing... so maybe Asuma will too (he is a "sacrificial pawn" anyways, right?)

JusT.NarutO
October 05, 2006, 10:09 AM
Keep it up.. so many nice predictions!

I was wondering..

Yes Akatsuki IS more strong then our konoha team.
But konoha nins also are very respected because of they wishing-powers. If there is a difficult thing, is to kill a konoha shinobi.
I Really think Asuma has more to show to us. Not because he is the 3th´s son, but because he is a Konoha Jounin that will find a way to hold on to the backup arrives =)

Yes, akatsuki could kill them.. but they will hold enought =)

eyeshild21
October 05, 2006, 10:24 AM
my prediction is ; asuma will seriusly be injured. but wound simply will be healed by another team.team should have arrive in ten miutes.I guess ten minutes passed.

actual question is which team will come to help asuma's team?I dont belive that nidaime's son will die.

zetsuie
October 05, 2006, 10:36 AM
my prediction is shikamaru swallows one of those food pills that choji had and then gets enough strength back to save asuma

Mecca X
October 05, 2006, 11:22 AM
I don't think that Ausma will die, especially seeing that they killed his friend. You can't wipe out both people in a pair, that doesn't happen.

Like others have mentioned, Shikamaru plans multiple moves ahead, he has something up his sleeve, and I higly doubt it's genjutsu. It most likely has to do with the location of the people, or the circle, or the necklace. Like he said a long time ago, the first move is a feint.

also, like ZeroDegrez noted, Asuma didn't react to getting stabbed right away after Hidan got inpaled by the scythe. He only reacted once he noticed that Hidan got hit, perviously it was pretty much instant. Before that, he kind of shrugged it off as if to say 'the same jutsu won't work on me twice'. Once he noticed Hidan got hit, it seems like he then decided to play it off and act hurt as well and cough/spit up blood.

The secret to Hidan's immortality might just be that he can only die by his own hands. There also is possibly a chance that some of the circle is a fake, or at least it's not completely made of Hidan's blood, so that could be the secret to Shikamaru's plan. He also may have sent one of the shadow strings underground while he caught Hidan, and did something to the circle that way, but I may be reaching with that one. Either way, I don't think that we'll be seeing Konoha deaths too soon, with Shikamaru the strategist in the game, tired or not.

manu
October 05, 2006, 11:23 AM
wow that would sure be convenient. if he shika really wanted to be cheap he could take all three pills and unleash a super shadow neck bind and crush hidans skull. I'm sure that zombies die when you blow out there brains right?

White Rabbit
October 05, 2006, 12:23 PM
First of all, its not Shikimaru who claimed he was at his limit, it was one of the other Nin with them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not so true.
Shikamaru pointed it out himself after he had pushed Hidan out of the circle in chapter 325.
Kotetsu just confirmed it with his observation.

JusT.NarutO
October 05, 2006, 12:43 PM
I don't think that Ausma will die, especially seeing that they killed his friend. You can't wipe out both people in a pair, that doesn't happen.

Like others have mentioned, Shikamaru plans multiple moves ahead, he has something up his sleeve, and I higly doubt it's genjutsu. It most likely has to do with the location of the people, or the circle, or the necklace. Like he said a long time ago, the first move is a feint.

also, like ZeroDegrez noted, Asuma didn't react to getting stabbed right away after Hidan got inpaled by the scythe. He only reacted once he noticed that Hidan got hit, perviously it was pretty much instant. Before that, he kind of shrugged it off as if to say 'the same jutsu won't work on me twice'. Once he noticed Hidan got hit, it seems like he then decided to play it off and act hurt as well and cough/spit up blood.

The secret to Hidan's immortality might just be that he can only die by his own hands. There also is possibly a chance that some of the circle is a fake, or at least it's not completely made of Hidan's blood, so that could be the secret to Shikamaru's plan. He also may have sent one of the shadow strings underground while he caught Hidan, and did something to the circle that way, but I may be reaching with that one. Either way, I don't think that we'll be seeing Konoha deaths too soon, with Shikamaru the strategist in the game, tired or not.

The delay between asuma seeing the move of hidan, and then feeling the pain is a nice point to think about.. when hidan attacked his own leg.. asuma felt the pain instantly..
And shika must have been made something before hidan impaled himself and striked the "final blow"

But i don´t think hidan can die by his own hands.. hi is hurting himself in every vital point and dont die.. the only explanation must be "hidan may kill himself hurting a vital point OUT of the circle".. or something like this.. but i doubt he can kill himself =\

Kusachu
October 05, 2006, 12:53 PM
SHIKAMARU! RETURN TO YOUR COWARDLY SELF AND RUN AWAY! (assuming Asuma dies, which i actually would like to see) I would hate for something awful to befall Shikamaru and i don't really think he will be killed because losing Asume would do amazing things to his character. At the same time, the loss of Shikamaru would rock the whole foundation of the "Rookie Nine" (and also Team Gai). I imagine if Shikamaru were to die, Naruto would spaz the f*ck out and Chouji would be all for whooping some Akatsuki @$$. Actually, I imagine the loss of Asuma alone would spur Chouji and Ino to become more fearce anyway.

I'm still hearing that ominous death nell for Izumo and Kotetsu...*sob**sob* PLEASE! NOOOOOOOO!

kyubisharingan
October 05, 2006, 02:14 PM
I really hope backup won't come and spoil the asuma death scene.

lol, i wish that would happen. then we could see who konohamaru's father is...

bksianzz
October 05, 2006, 03:09 PM
my prediction would be that asuma attacked hidan to make him jump into the fake circle and he himself was on the actualy circle, and asuma sacrifice himself to kill hidan

Amano
October 05, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah I see Hidan dying next chapter too .. and we will probably find out what the whole talk about the Chess moves and the hint about making a sacrifice was about ... I predict its shikamaru time next chapter

bksianzz
October 05, 2006, 03:57 PM
another prediction would be that hidan was on the actual circle, but asuma suicided b4 hidan impaled himself thus killing both of them....
and shikamaru was running becoz he knew wad asuma was thinking

and after hidan die, konoha reinforcement arrives and kakuzu seeing that he is at a disadvantage, retreats

White Rabbit
October 05, 2006, 04:19 PM
how on earth would a suicidal attack by asuma kill hidan?

it's hard to say if hidans body has a weak spot. i mean... what about his brain? does he still live on when he is pierced through the head?
this would be a possibility for asuma to sacrifice himself for killing hidan. he smashes his brain with his last power and dies with him.

but what if hidan can only be killed by totally destroying his body? someone who has the power to turn hidan to a pulp or burn him to ashes should also have the power to push him out of the circle before he begins the carnage.

hidans technique is full of chinks anyway... if it wasn't for kakuzu, i don't think he would be a very big match for a skilled opponent. i mean, if you get him out of the circle, his whole attack-pattern is fucked.
and how should he use his curse on sasori, who's only few drops of blood were inside this thing on his chest. or orochimaru, who even reattaches his body if he is torn up in two pieces.

i hope hidan has some more jutsu than this janshin-stuff... and i want some background on this whole religion anyway.

Panda
October 05, 2006, 04:32 PM
I don't really have anymore to say but notice that many panels are shots of Hidan's feet and the circle. I mentioned the drops of blood before because they were there from chapter 324. Even if the circle was fake, the drops of blood are still in the same place as before.

Also notice that when Hidan stabs himself, why is it drawn with the angles that doesn't completely show his feet nor the drops of blood?

I have a sick idea. Perhaps Asuma made a kage bunshin of himself on the ground there and he henged himself in the circle as the drops of blood, or as the circle?
I mean at least, what IF both Hidan and Asuma were in the circle at the same time?

White Rabbit
October 05, 2006, 05:13 PM
well, he stabs himself in the chest, so why focusing on his feet? and you can see them in the upleft panel, btw.

the pictures that showed his feet were to show the reader that he had made it back into the circle again... so what's so odd about that?

sorry, but asuma doing a henge where he turns into a few drops of blood would be very ridiculous imo.

JusT.NarutO
October 05, 2006, 06:34 PM
I mean at least, what IF both Hidan and Asuma were in the circle at the same time?

Interesting way of thinking x)

Maybe hidan takes the damage two times? xD

Ah, i was thinking, after ready some predictions and reading the chapter again..

It&#180;s too easy for akatsuki kill asuma.. if they kill him now.. I just think.. that.. it&#180;s not common to se a nin die when his opponent annunciating his death.. at least i think so..

I think shika have done something.. or maybe he were running to stop ASUMA from doing some thing crazy.. and not hidan..

but who knows.. it could happen..x)

But i really believe that he just run to save asuma and i think he have saved him with some just-in-time trick ^^

Amano
October 05, 2006, 06:41 PM
Probably its just the easiest solution again and Asuma ist just dead or heavily injured and dies very soon ... backup probably arrives and akatsuki backs off as they dont wanna get into more trouble

sirhcmick
October 05, 2006, 08:09 PM
i still wanna know who the heck is gonna come lol

Hemostrat
October 05, 2006, 08:21 PM
For everyone saying "Asuma is acting because he didn't feel the pain of the scythe right away" Hidan yelled "Idiot! It's not the same!", which to me, makes it sound like it isn't the same jutsu that he used before.

kingfencer
October 05, 2006, 08:24 PM
asuma is dead, but his death will take 3 chapters to finish like a dragonballz epidsode.

nillut
October 05, 2006, 08:27 PM
I actually hope Asuma is dead. Not because I dislike him but because we've seen too many narrow escapes recently. Gaara being resurrected was a horrible turn. Although Gaara is one of my favourites, the way he was saved was so corny. Truth be told, I really doubt Asuma will die. If anything his death was hinted too strongly before the battle to actually happen. Honestly, who thought Sandaime would lose to Orochimaru when we had only seen him fight Naruto and Sasuke. Nothing ever goes as expected unless it's about one of the main characters(I mean, there was no way Naruto could have lost to Neji while noone could have guessed the outcome of the Shika/Temari match).

Somebody mentioned Shika allways needing backup to do anything, well for a long time he only had Kagemane which is a pretty worthless jutsu seeing how you or your teammates can't really attack the enemy(remember Naruto punching Gaara in Lee's hospital room). It has it's situational uses, but it alone won't win you any fights.

Med_stud
October 05, 2006, 08:35 PM
I don't think anyone will be dying anytime soon... The last person from konoha whom died was a long long time ago. Usually, if a character is dead, there'll be fewer # of characters to tell a story. It would be too short and simple for Asuma or Hidan to die like this.

My guess is: Asuma will not die. Hidan and Kakuzu will retreat after a vast # of the back up team members arrived. Asuma will be treated for and live on. Then, it's back to Naruto's training.

Previous prediction: "Asuma will not die; Hidan dies instead because his spell is no longer effective." Then maybe Kakuzu sees how talented shikamaru is and kidnaps him.

Panda
October 05, 2006, 08:46 PM
Something we might want to consider before dismissing is:

Why is there a panel specifically showing those particular drops of blood in Hidan's circle?

Med_stud
October 05, 2006, 08:48 PM
another prediction would be that hidan was on the actual circle, but asuma suicided b4 hidan impaled himself thus killing both of them....
and shikamaru was running becoz he knew wad asuma was thinking

and after hidan die, konoha reinforcement arrives and kakuzu seeing that he is at a disadvantage, retreats

This is a great idea. Usually, people would consider hurting themselves. Maybe that's the thing with that jutsu of his. If Hidan hurts himself would leads to hurting his foe, the other way could be true. If Asuma would punctures himself, maybe Hidan would injures. If Asuma suicides, he will bring Hidan down, as well.

patedecarne
October 05, 2006, 09:35 PM
Guys, trust me:
Hidan just killed himself!
How do I know? Simple, the answer is the ceremony!
In a ceremony for a religious ritual( Hidan's case) the people usually offer something to God. in this battle , Asuma'a blood was offered in the ceremony, this way Asuma was punished. But in the last pages, Hidan's blood was in the circle , this way Hidan will be punished! The point is: to make the ceremony , the blood must be inside the circle, even Hidan could be punished, because his blood was spilled into the circle! that's the weakness from his jutsu!

NRZero
October 05, 2006, 09:51 PM
I agree with those that are saying Asuma is going to commit suicide. In Naruto there always foreshadowing, and when Asuma called himself a sacrifice he basically sealed his fate. Either way Asuma isn't going to survive this battle.

patedecarne
October 05, 2006, 10:05 PM
One more thing, and the most interesting, look at this , guys:
the scythe used by Hidan is part of the ritual, did you notice that hidan used only the scythe to hurt the enemy to take his blood? He NEEDS use the scythe to collect the enemy's blood! Now is gonna interesting: Hidan was hit by your own scythe , so his own blood was collected, after this his blood was spilling is the circle, and hidan stabs himself. that's the key: Hidan's blood was offered in the ceremony, now he willl be punished!

dfcarolinaguy
October 05, 2006, 10:16 PM
umm, i predict asuma is going to die, and team Kurenia going to show up. Then Kiba going to do some awesome jutsu and kill both atasuki members. lol

Med_stud
October 05, 2006, 10:24 PM
the scythe used by Hidan is part of the ritual, did you notice that hidan used only the scythe to hurt the enemy to take his blood? He NEEDS use the scythe to collect the enemy's blood! Now is gonna interesting: Hidan was hit by your own scythe , so his own blood was collected, after this his blood was spilling is the circle, and hidan stabs himself. that's the key: Hidan's blood was offered in the ceremony, now he willl be punished!

good point

jinsomnia
October 06, 2006, 12:05 AM

nah... i think it is a real circle. remember dat shika have to at least make a seal to do the jutsu? bout the reinforcement, i think it will be a medic ninja - sakura and her group. she should replenish the group's health, and asuma could show us something interesting

;)

lobo971
October 06, 2006, 12:18 AM
I m also quite convinced that Asuma set up a trap to make Hidan kill himself..
look at the way he reacts at the scythe bad wound.. just drops of blood coming from the mouth and the pose.. he is hidding the fact that he managed somehow to not be hurt by the jutsu...
And then he has this strange look on his face, like he is camly waiting for Hiden final strike..
Asuma is clever.. maybe not as clever as Chiki but still... :)
And we really didnt still appreciated his full abilities!!

Darrenj
October 06, 2006, 01:33 AM
asuma is dead, but his death will take 3 chapters to finish like a dragonballz epidsode.

proberly not, thats more one peice style

FKay
October 06, 2006, 03:18 AM
My prediction is that Azuma dodged the hit, and then Hidan is performing the ritual on only himself....... I don´t know if anyone has said this, because I didn´t have the time to read the forum...... d:o)

SacredNic
October 06, 2006, 04:14 AM
Guys, trust me:
Hidan just killed himself!
How do I know? Simple, the answer is the ceremony!
In a ceremony for a religious ritual( Hidan's case) the people usually offer something to God. in this battle , Asuma'a blood was offered in the ceremony, this way Asuma was punished. But in the last pages, Hidan's blood was in the circle , this way Hidan will be punished! The point is: to make the ceremony , the blood must be inside the circle, even Hidan could be punished, because his blood was spilled into the circle! that's the weakness from his jutsu!

I agree. Hidan's gonna die. Sad.

I'd prefer Asuma to die. Getting tired of the good guys narrowing their death yet the bad guys always loose (with the exception of Oro vs 3rd).

Has anyone read Robin Hobb's material (The Farseer, Liveship Traders, Tawny Man Trilogies)? Now her stuff is compelling and brutal. Characters that you grow to know and love, both good and evil, have their turn at suffering, pain and even death in ways which make it shockingly real. There is no predictibility in her work, and even 'main' characters have had their lives end so suddenly.

If only Naruto could be more like this... it would hold the attention of the fans for a lot longer.

CheckMate
October 06, 2006, 04:56 AM
Are you saying Hidan's making mistake now? That he is mistaken in distinguishing the blood?

I dont see he's gonna die because of that.

White Rabbit
October 06, 2006, 07:25 AM
good point

hidan did also attack with kunais and stuff and i guess he just uses the scythe to draw blood because it's very obviously made for this purpose with it's three blades and its boomerang-ability.
and furthermore, asumas blood got into hidans body, before the ritual could start. i wouldn't have been enough to just spill it into the circle.
spilling his own blood on the ground of the circle should be normal for hidan if you consider that his jutsu consists stabbing himself all the time.

Ostesmorbrod
October 06, 2006, 07:57 AM
Assuming that Hidan has in fact made a new sircle, who said Hidan needs to tutch Asumas blood with his tung for the curse to work? Asumas blood is after all on the scythe already, and since Hidan impaled himself with the scythe he also got the blood from asuma into his body again. In other words that attack hit Asuma even though he managed to dodge it...

I wonder what will happen if you share the threads between Kakuzus hands and arms.

That Shikamarus first attack always is some kind of trickery is a good point, it'll be exciting to see how he intends to wiggle out of this knot. '

(Sorry if anyone has been writing these things earlyer, I simply haven't read all the posts yet)

Raine_Joybringer
October 06, 2006, 09:11 AM
At this point, it's very uncertain what has happened. All we know for sure is, like it or not, they're in trouble. I wouldn't doubt it if Asuma died, taking into account all that foreshadowing from chapters ago. It just seems too inevitable not to happen.

:< Asuma-sensei!!

JusT.NarutO
October 06, 2006, 10:16 AM
I don&#180;t think suicide can kill hidan.. the reason of his immortality don&#180;t have nothing with the ritual.. so.. i don&#180;t think that if someone that is under the curse kills himself.. can kill hidan. its just gonna make him feel a little bit more of "pleasure" like himself said.. and turn the hidan work more easy.
And about the blood on the circle.. i think it&#180;s normal.. hidan is just hitting himself all the time.. the blood related to the course is the blood he "eat" (sorry by my bad english).

I don&#180;t think hidan has killed himself with his last strike.. and i don&#180;t think that asuma has commited suicide. Shika must have done something, without asuma knowing.. because asuma where just thinking in running-away from the battle.

playbychris
October 06, 2006, 11:34 AM
It think his immortality does have something behind the curse. he can't be immortal just by doing nothing he probably sacrificed something of his like his soul.

erieru
October 06, 2006, 11:59 AM
I first was against the idea of Kurenai showing up for helpl, however, in the overall of our story we have 4 main Jounins with 3 students each (the original 12) Kakashi,Gai, Asuma, Kurenai.
when Akatsuki (Itachi and Kisame) attacked Konoha the four of them showed up to help, however, who saved Kakashi was Gai sensei, in this case I think is Kurena's turn to save Asuma, somehow, but I wouldn't want it to be Genjutsu.

Smubeht
October 06, 2006, 12:34 PM
After all this talk, I for some reason have a feeling that its the opposite that works on Hidan. Pain increases pleasure, what would love or healing increase. Pain? Thought about this after all the immortality talk, and in Final Fantasy using a Phoenix Down on an Undead actually killed him. So it might just be that a healing jutsu needs to be used on Hidan for him to feel pain, and a full out cure of him would cause death, in which case Sakura to the rescue.

presunto
October 06, 2006, 01:56 PM
I really think that asuma will die.. and save the others with this.

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 04:01 PM
Looks like I gotta clear up some stuff again.

Someone said Hidan killed himself because HIS blood was in the circle when he stabbed himself. Sigh. Hidan just stabbed himself with his scythe while standing in the circle. He KNOWS his blood is dripping down and he stabbed himself anyway. Hmm... I don't think he cares if his blood is in the circle because it doesn't mean anything.

Also, that whole pleasure with pain thing. I, for one, don't think Hidan gets pleasure when Asuma feels pain. They both feel the pain, but Hidan can take it. I mean, he got his head cut off and he is still joking around with Kakuzu. Hidan can take the pain without much drama. It makes sense since over time fighting like this, the pain is probably nothing and since he doesn't fear death, the pain is like meh to him. Hidan is basically the Emo of Akatsuki :P

You guys are putting too much thought into this ritual when Shika has already established how it works.

Basically it's like this.

1. Hidan licks the blood of his victim. Then he has the piece necessary to create a link (Like real voodoo dolls u need something of the victim to make the doll work like hair or whatever).

2. Hidan draws the circle-with-triangle symbol on the ground. Once he enters this circle, if he has the blood of another person within his body, Hidan transforms into a living voodoo doll.

3. Hidan's link to Asuma holds up as long as he's in the circle and even if he leaves the circle he can just go right back in to reestablish the link.

Now you got that? Hidan being a living voodoo doll of Asuma is because HE entered the circle HE created and took in the blood of another. It's not just about having another's blood.

So Asuma can't repeat Hidan's link unless Asuma just happens to be a follower of the same religion, gets some of Hidan's blood and draws his own circle on the ground.

Also, saying Hidan's blood is in the circle means nothing. I am more than 100% sure that Hidan has tons of his own blood in his body :P And don't say it's because his blood is on the floor. It obviously doesn't have to be on the floor in the circle to make the link since Hidan licked Asuma's blood, he didn't drip it.

One more thing. Never get your hopes up about Hidan killing himself. These are Akatsuki members. They aren't some amateur ninjas. They are smart and they know what their own weaknesses are so they'll NEVER help in THEIR OWN defeat.

There are either two outcomes in the next chapter:

1. Someone is using Genjutsu to trick Hidan and making him think he's in the right circle when he's not so Hidan is basically doing nothing and Asuma is getting to safety while the Genjutsu user confronts Hidan.

**Also, don't bad-mouth this Genjutsu user prediction because this is a way better prediction than most of the predictions I see here.

2. Asuma dies.

**Shikamaru can't do anything in time because he's quite far from Hidan and he has Kakuzu in his way and I SERIOUSLY doubt Kakuzu is just gonna stand there while Shika runs by and tackles Hidan.

One of those two options will be the result in the next chapter. Period.

Deathstalker
October 06, 2006, 04:06 PM
There are either two outcomes in the next chapter:

1. Someone is using Genjutsu to trick Hidan and making him think he's in the right circle when he's not so Hidan is basically doing nothing and Asuma is getting to safety while the Genjutsu user confronts Hidan.

**Also, don't bad-mouth this Genjutsu user prediction because this is a way better prediction than most of the predictions I see here.

2. Asuma dies.

**Shikamaru can't do anything in time because he's quite far from Hidan and he has Kakuzu in his way and I SERIOUSLY doubt Kakuzu is just gonna stand there while Shika runs by and tackles Hidan.

One of those two options will be the result in the next chapter. Period.

Are you sure those are the only two outcomes, personally i'm expecting Asuma to get pierced, but not be dead (hey, the 3rd had a sword in his chest, wasn't dead yet) and then just like the third is going to do the death god thing to kill Hidan (actually would be a somewhat cool image, him dying just like the third, chest impaled, using the death god technique...). Also this would give him time to finish off whatever backstory they've been developing for him as he rips Hidan's soul out. Whether or not Hidan's soul will come out or if that's invincible too... i dunno, but it would still be interesting to see.

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 04:20 PM
Are you sure those are the only two outcomes, personally i'm expecting Asuma to get pierced, but not be dead (hey, the 3rd had a sword in his chest, wasn't dead yet) and then just like the third is going to do the death god thing to kill Hidan (actually would be a somewhat cool image, him dying just like the third, chest impaled, using the death god technique...). Also this would give him time to finish off whatever backstory they've been developing for him as he rips Hidan's soul out. Whether or not Hidan's soul will come out or if that's invincible too... i dunno, but it would still be interesting to see.

The difference is that Hidan is some distance away from Asuma and I seriously doubt Asuma can perform a jutsu while having a big hole through his heart =\\\\

Also, stop comparing Asuma to the 3rd. Yea, they're father and son but there is a big gap between their strength and talent. Notice how even in old age the 3rd can hold his own vs Orochimaru. Is Asuma faced Orochimaru one on one, Asuma would be dead in seconds.

DarkManSharingan32
October 06, 2006, 04:48 PM
The Genjutsu theory lends itself to having the user be Kurenai...

In which case, we will more than likely see her die/heavily injured in the place of Asuma...
And THAT would trigger some craziness in Asuma, if you ever wanted to see it...

But honestly, there isnt proof, but it sounds good...
And sometimes, thats all ya need.

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 05:10 PM
Also, someone else said that the Genjutsu theory is dumb because the Genjutsu user has to be top level to fool Hidan. I thought that comment (I forgot who made it) was stupid.

First off, Kurenai is a good Genjutsu user because she IS A LEAF JOUNIN =\

Second, just because Hidan is a Akatsuki member doesn't mean u need the best Genjutsu user to fool him. Also, the Genjutsu is prob easier to use when the victim (in this case, Hidan) doesn't know he's being manipulated and is preoccupied.

Panda
October 06, 2006, 06:47 PM
Also, someone else said that the Genjutsu theory is dumb because the Genjutsu user has to be top level to fool Hidan. I thought that comment (I forgot who made it) was stupid.

First off, Kurenai is a good Genjutsu user because she IS A LEAF JOUNIN =\

Second, just because Hidan is a Akatsuki member doesn't mean u need the best Genjutsu user to fool him. Also, the Genjutsu is prob easier to use when the victim (in this case, Hidan) doesn't know he's being manipulated and is preoccupied.

Do you want to stop putting down people's predictions and stop with the name calling? You don't have solid support for your arguments. Somebody please slap this guy.

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 06:57 PM
Actually I do. Because even in the Naruto universe, my predictions are most likely to be true. Also, when did I call someone a name?

DarkManSharingan32
October 06, 2006, 07:07 PM
Do you want to stop putting down people's predictions and stop with the name calling? You don't have solid support for your arguments. Somebody please slap this guy.

I would...
If only i could refute his point.

Konoha has been said at MANY different times, that they are the most elite ninja villiage... and it would just be common sense to think that a Jounin like Kurenai would be no exception. And given that her main weapon IS Genjutsu... it would be foolish to think that she couldnt lay the SIMPLE trap Predator brings up.

BUT she would have to have advanced knowledge of the specifics of the Jutsu... (which would be heard from Shikamaru's explaination)... but the hardest part, would be that she had to slip under the radars of Kakuzu (who had been watching) and Hidan. If all this is addressed in the next chapter, i will gladly take it as canon, and smile a little bit.

if it doesnt...
HOPEFULLY Asuma is severly fucked up.

That works too.

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 07:29 PM
I would...
If only i could refute his point.

Konoha has been said at MANY different times, that they are the most elite ninja villiage... and it would just be common sense to think that a Jounin like Kurenai would be no exception. And given that her main weapon IS Genjutsu... it would be foolish to think that she couldnt lay the SIMPLE trap Predator brings up.

BUT she would have to have advanced knowledge of the specifics of the Jutsu... (which would be heard from Shikamaru's explaination)... but the hardest part, would be that she had to slip under the radars of Kakuzu (who had been watching) and Hidan. If all this is addressed in the next chapter, i will gladly take it as canon, and smile a little bit.

if it doesnt...
HOPEFULLY Asuma is severly fucked up.

That works too.

Also, a ninja collects info. Kurenai prob watched from the sidelines and didn't jump in because she knew she was no match for 2 Akatsuki members. So she waits until she gets a good chance to infiltrate and to save her man. Now that Kakuzu is erm stuck the the floor and his hands are full :P, she and Shikamaru can save Asuma and hold up Hidan until reinforcements arrive (If they aren't already there)

Sentou Ryoku
October 06, 2006, 07:44 PM
Prediction: The 20 minutes since they called for backup FINALLY expire bringing the arrival of the rest of team 10 (i.e., Chouji and Ino) at the end of next week's chap.

eyeshild21
October 06, 2006, 07:46 PM
I am only saying one thing.asuma won't dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.VAGATTAAYOOO

SacredNic
October 06, 2006, 07:53 PM
Looks like I gotta clear up some stuff again.

Someone said Hidan killed himself because HIS blood was in the circle when he stabbed himself. Sigh. Hidan just stabbed himself with his scythe while standing in the circle. He KNOWS his blood is dripping down and he stabbed himself anyway. Hmm... I don't think he cares if his blood is in the circle because it doesn't mean anything.

Well he should have had blood tricking down his leg from when he stabbed himself the first time straight after the link with Asuma. But there wasn't any (not on the ground anyway)

Perhaps it's because he doesn't bleed when he's connected to the victim, and the fact that we now see blood could suggest that the jutsu has been broken, in which case Hidan has just gone and killed himself.

How the jutsu was broken could have something to do with the sythe. Maybe there's a rule about never being allowed to use the same weapon to gain blood from the victim and using it oneself to deliver pain/death.

Which would explain why he used a spear to stab himself instead of just using the sythe. :amuse

sirhcmick
October 06, 2006, 08:24 PM
im kinda of saddend that my kurani theroy keeps getting reposted lol ive been saying shes gonna be the hero here most likely since the start of this fight ; ; o well. im also hoping we maybe see some of naruto in the next chapter

DarkManSharingan32
October 06, 2006, 08:28 PM
Well he should have had blood tricking down his leg from when he stabbed himself the first time straight after the link with Asuma. But there wasn't any (not on the ground anyway)

Perhaps it's because he doesn't bleed when he's connected to the victim, and the fact that we now see blood could suggest that the jutsu has been broken, in which case Hidan has just gone and killed himself.

How the jutsu was broken could have something to do with the sythe. Maybe there's a rule about never being allowed to use the same weapon to gain blood from the victim and using it oneself to deliver pain/death.

Which would explain why he used a spear to stab himself instead of just using the sythe. :amuse

How would anyone else know that... except Hidan.
And he has ALWAYS used that weapon... (considering he had it specially made to preform this jutsu...)

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 08:35 PM
How would anyone else know that... except Hidan.
And he has ALWAYS used that weapon... (considering he had it specially made to preform this jutsu...)

And not to mention that it's much easier and quicker to stab yourself with a stake rather than a wide scythe.

sirhcmick
October 06, 2006, 08:40 PM
i agree the stake thingamabob is alot quiker to use and besides i think hidan woulda known to avoid his sythe if he wasnt supposed to get hit with it. i also doubt he would be laughing after getting hit with it when hes not supposed too.

PredatorNar
October 06, 2006, 08:55 PM
i agree the stake thingamabob is alot quiker to use and besides i think hidan woulda known to avoid his sythe if he wasnt supposed to get hit with it. i also doubt he would be laughing after getting hit with it when hes not supposed too.

You sir are one of the few people to start making sense in this thread lol

Anyway, I keep thinking about that Tengu + Hyuuga = Uchiha theory. It seems so solid and it would also mean that Kyuubi will probably be freed from Naruto and used to free the Tengu (THe ultimate villian has to be freed obv :))

But by that time Naruto would be insanely strong even without the Kyuubi and he'd be able to defeat Tengu with the help of Sasuke.

mugen
October 06, 2006, 09:49 PM
I think Hidan's ritual is going to just get destroyed next chapter & finally we're going to se just a straight ninja fight.JUst melee no brains . BUt I doubt it cuz Shikamaru is there. And I still hope to see Enma. :p

sirhcmick
October 06, 2006, 09:56 PM
What if tengu is the real goal of the akutski but to realese him they need the power of all nine bijuu =O

mugen
October 06, 2006, 10:01 PM
What if tengu is the real goal of the akutski but to realese him they need the power of all nine bijuu =O

First of all have we heard anything about Tengu in Naruto? NO right
Also I thought that "theory" was proved wrong a long time ago

fakemoonlandings
October 06, 2006, 10:48 PM
just thoughts...

1. why would asuma think of running away now when chapters ago he disregarded a call for a tactical retreat? i know the two akatsukis are way better than they thought but he should have reconsidered the risks as well.

2. there could be reasons on asuma's closed up shocked face. it would mean the delay in the pain after saying "i won't fall for that again" (but that's too delayed) or maybe he was shocked because hidan was pierced but he didn't feel pain and should acted like he was. the coughing was way too stressed.

3. and why did hidan avoided asuma's knife slash when we know even decapitating wouldn't kill him? there's a weakness on hidan's jutsu and i think asuma confirmed something. this would also be related on asuma's shocked face.

my predictions

i don't really see asuma dying. somehow he'll find a way to stop hidan. i really see hidan's messing up next chapter. i hope.

i don't really think shikimaru can do something at the moment. it really depends on the outcome between hidan and asuma.

if hidan would be killed, they would face a bigger problem with kakuzu. but reinforcements would surely come. i wonder who would help them.

i really miss naruto's training. i hope they could put a couple of pages for that.

erieru
October 07, 2006, 02:05 AM
I'm kinda wondering if Asuma is still alive next chapter, he may summon Emma?? Emma can hold on to Hidan's arms and legs or something and help restraing him while reinforcement show up.
man... I would LOOOOVE to see Naruto show up and save the day and Asuma with his new Jutsu, but we all know that's very unlikely, HOWEVER, I do know a reason why I know (IMHO) Asuma can not die yet.... we still don't know what was it that he was going to tell Kakashi in the hospital, I mean, we should at least hear what he wanted to say (even if it's right before he dies) :scry uaaaaaaaaaaaa he's dead, deaaaaaad I tell you

Panda
October 07, 2006, 02:10 AM
Well, looking at the situation... There must be a certain outcome of the fight next issue. Even Kakuzu says its over.

nohm
October 07, 2006, 04:09 AM
we still don't know what was it that he was going to tell Kakashi in the hospital, I mean, we should at least hear what he wanted to say (even if it's right before he dies) :scry uaaaaaaaaaaaa he's dead, deaaaaaad I tell you

"If anything should happen to me, take care of my b*tch...and Konohamaru too"....:eyeroll

....you wish. :notrust

Well, whatever happens, if Kishi decides to incorporate Kurenai into this fight, the conclusion better not turn chessy like the Sasori battle. I hope it goes out with a bang or two. I think Hidan's death is guaranteed, but I don't find a reason for Kakuzu to die yet...two Akatsuki deaths in a row like someone mentioned would make a piss poor storyline. Maybe Asuma should die too considering the future direction of certain characters...

PredatorNar
October 07, 2006, 06:34 AM
To all the people with bad predictions who are mad at me for putting down your bad predictions.

See, I put it down because I want a discussion here with sensible predictions. Not just randomness like "Shikamaru has a tailed-beast" or w/e

And if you keep defending the input of bad predictions, I'll go back to my dumb Batman predictions and I'm sure you guys don't want that :P

xi0
October 07, 2006, 06:48 AM
Yeah but aren't you the one who keeps going back to the Tengu theory when this is supposed to be a thread discussing the next chapter?

Regardless, it will take a miracle for Asuma to get out of this one. Sakura? Who knows.

bksianzz
October 07, 2006, 07:01 AM
how bout orochimaru comes in and attack hidan becoz orochimaru wants his body

CheckMate
October 07, 2006, 07:21 AM
To all the people with bad predictions who are mad at me for putting down your bad predictions.

See, I put it down because I want a discussion here with sensible predictions. Not just randomness like "Shikamaru has a tailed-beast" or w/e

And if you keep defending the input of bad predictions, I'll go back to my dumb Batman predictions and I'm sure you guys don't want that :P

So that was you who did the prediction with batman stuff. cheers mate, that was quite funny.
Seems that bat belt conquer everything, hehe :p

My personal opinion on upcoming chapter is HIdan has been fooled. Either by genjutsu, or by screen play that asuma and shika created

rahmat
October 07, 2006, 07:24 AM
What required for hidan to initiate his ceremony was a blood of the victim in the circle.
Initially, he doesn't got both of them, i mean the circle and the blood. That's why he licks asuma's blood and draw a circle ... that way, he can bring the blood into the circle and that's why the spell was broken when shika pulls hidan out of the circle. But now it's different.

I think asuma will die and reinforcements arrive ... a bit too late.

bksianzz
October 07, 2006, 07:59 AM
he drew the circle using his own blood for ur info

PredatorNar
October 07, 2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah but aren't you the one who keeps going back to the Tengu theory when this is supposed to be a thread discussing the next chapter?

Regardless, it will take a miracle for Asuma to get out of this one. Sakura? Who knows.

I actually only mentioned the Tengu theory once.

What required for hidan to initiate his ceremony was a blood of the victim in the circle.
Initially, he doesn't got both of them, i mean the circle and the blood. That's why he licks asuma's blood and draw a circle ... that way, he can bring the blood into the circle and that's why the spell was broken when shika pulls hidan out of the circle. But now it's different.

I think asuma will die and reinforcements arrive ... a bit too late.

Shika didn't break the jutsu. He just simply temporarily cancelled it out. Since Hidan still is in his voodoo doll mode, all he has to do is go back into the circle anytime he wants to reestablish the link.

sirhcmick
October 07, 2006, 09:04 AM
yeah i was the other one who said it joking and got attacked ><

xi0
October 07, 2006, 09:26 AM
yeah i was the other one who said it joking and got attacked ><

No one is attacking anyone here. Predictions are made here for a reason.

I actually only mentioned the Tengu theory once.

Yes, but you were just complaining about "dumb" predictions, and how you feel some sort of need to put them down. Then you mention the Tengu. Meanwhile, there has been only one, maybe two instances where the Tengu has appeared in the manga. We have no idea how important the Tengu is to the series. It is true that many things in Naruto are based off of Japanese mythology, but the infamous Tengu theory is a little too grandiose. You have to make many assumptions in order to get to that result.

People need to use their imaginations in order to predict what will happen next chapter. "Dumb" can be used to describe many things that are posted in these predictions thread. It depends on what your definition of "dumb" is.

PredatorNar
October 07, 2006, 09:36 AM
The Tengu theory is the strongest theory so far so to even compare it to most of the other predictions here is rather dumb :)

Also, just because there haven't been a lot of references to Tengu doesn't mean the theory isn't strong. That's is a terrible rebuttal against the Tengu theory.

sagnik
October 07, 2006, 10:02 AM
without sounding over optimistic i would like to say that asuma will probably live. most ordinary people will actually expect asuma to die!!! but i hav a feeling that the backup will probably arrive early and as they are fighting te AKATSUKI the back up will not be ordinary. probably hyuga ( hinata's father :P) and maybe even shikamaru's father . lets just hang on to our seats and expect the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

xi0
October 07, 2006, 10:05 AM
The Tengu theory is the strongest theory so far so to even compare it to most of the other predictions here is rather dumb :)

Also, just because there haven't been a lot of references to Tengu doesn't mean the theory isn't strong. That's is a terrible rebuttal against the Tengu theory.

Huh? The only 100% undeniable appearance of Tengu were the statues on top of the Fire Temple. How can you say that a theory is strong if there hasn't been many references in support of it? The Tengu and the Suzaku theory go hand in hand here. There is no doubt there are many uncanny coincidences throughout the manga, but there hasn't been any facts. It is all conjecture. Just like any theory.

I wasn't trying to compare the Tengu theory to every theory that has ever been suggested. I was merely pointing out that just because a certain theory doesn't stack up to whatever you consider smart or strong, doesn't mean it's incorrect. None of us here are all-knowing or omniscient.

kingfencer
October 07, 2006, 10:30 AM
asuma is dead, that will push naruto over the top to learn his jitsu, i think there was a reason why they made asuma as a wind guy like naruto. thats how this manga always do.

zetsuie
October 07, 2006, 11:34 AM
im pretty sure hidan wont die because he spills his own blood into the circle when he stabs himself in the last page so i dont think having his blood in the circle would matter[br]Posted on: October 07, 2006, 11:28:15 AM_________________________________________________has anybody noticed that hidan is like frankenstein and kakuzu is the mummy

mrcongojack
October 07, 2006, 11:58 AM
I know this idea is completely absurd and has a 99.9% chance of not happening, but I think Jiraiya is going to show up and help out the brigades. I know it makes no sense, but hey. That's my prediction.

bloodrage
October 07, 2006, 01:22 PM
the jutsu did not break, asuma will be in a critical condition by what hindan just did but i don't think he will die. i don't kno kazkuz doesent look all that tough, he is holding those two guys with his two hands. so what happened if he was to be attacked by another person. would he extend his foot my feelings is shikamaru will kill all two of them.

PredatorNar
October 07, 2006, 01:39 PM
Huh? The only 100% undeniable appearance of Tengu were the statues on top of the Fire Temple. How can you say that a theory is strong if there hasn't been many references in support of it? The Tengu and the Suzaku theory go hand in hand here. There is no doubt there are many uncanny coincidences throughout the manga, but there hasn't been any facts. It is all conjecture. Just like any theory.

I wasn't trying to compare the Tengu theory to every theory that has ever been suggested. I was merely pointing out that just because a certain theory doesn't stack up to whatever you consider smart or strong, doesn't mean it's incorrect. None of us here are all-knowing or omniscient.

This is exactly what it is. A THEORY. And I'm talking about the theory behind the ORIGIN of UCHIHA, NOT the existence of Tengu. And I'm certain that Kishi wouldn't throw out obvious clues. I'm sure he'd unfold the whole plans of Itachi and origin of Uchiha and then most readers would go back, notice the clues and say "OHHHHHH"

Anyway the bad theories here are very weak because there is no evidence whatsoever to support this. I might as well say Batman will show up and bring out some blood cleaner from his utility belt and clean up the circle of blood a split second before Hidan punctures himself. Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun Batman! Batman!! BATMAN!!!

White Rabbit
October 07, 2006, 02:11 PM
Anyway the bad theories here are very weak because there is no evidence whatsoever to support this. I might as well say Batman will show up and bring out some blood cleaner from his utility belt and clean up the circle of blood a split second before Hidan punctures himself. Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun Batman! Batman!! BATMAN!!!

for what i can read on top of that page, this is called "prediction"-thread and not "scientific analysis of upcoming events based on nothing but solid facts"-thread.

if you think batman will save the day... well, feel free to say it.

PrecPrecAssBlood
October 07, 2006, 03:26 PM
My prediction, as it stands, is that Naruto will NOT have to pay for his bet with Asuma as deal-no jutso is null and void when one member dies. Chouji may have to wait for a free meal :(.

Love,

Precious Precious Ass Blood

Panda
October 07, 2006, 03:40 PM
Don't worry xi0, I don't like him either. There is something very annoying about him but at least its just one right?

Anywho, the manga is only in black and white so I can't tell if Hidan's circle is red or not... but he did draw it from his left foot right?

presunto
October 07, 2006, 04:44 PM
I think Hidan will die and asuma too.. Asuma will sacrifice himself to kill him...
bet it!

edit: i like very much asuma, but it would be a good dead, like the 3rd with orochimaru..
if he lives, maybe it would be a little forced.. because only a miracle would save him.

venicia777
October 07, 2006, 04:52 PM
I think Hidan will die and asuma too.. Asuma will sacrifice himself to kill him...
bet it!

edit: i like very much asuma, but it would be a good dead, like the 3rd with orochimaru..
if he lives, maybe it would be a little forced.. because only a miracle would save him.

i certainly agree with you- it will be a really forced survival. From the way kishimoto has portrayed Asuma in this arc as compared to Gai and Kakashi- Asuma sadly looks weak here. He hasnt shown much that even me as an Asuma fan can put too much hope in- for him to survive.

I just hope and pray that whatever jutsu those twelve guardians are famous for is revealed and it packs enough of a punch to salvage Asuma's life. He must live- lol!!! And kishi will have to make it convincing because he has made Hidan/kakuzu too strong.

Thetruf
October 07, 2006, 06:20 PM
I believe that the secret techique that the monks are famous for is some kind of mind linking jutsu that lets all of the ninja in a team think as one. So together they have already came up with the perfect strategy to defeat Hidan and kakazu.

mugen
October 07, 2006, 06:28 PM
I believe that the secret techique that the monks are famous for is some kind of mind linking jutsu that lets all of the ninja in a team think as one. So together they have already came up with the perfect strategy to defeat Hidan and kakazu.

Nope I think it's something else I mean if that would be true Chiruku would've not died. And another crazy Idea just came to mind thanx to you Kishimoto probably did'nt show it back then cuz probably Asuma knows it too and is going to use it Hidan & Kakuzu :oh

Debu
October 07, 2006, 08:10 PM
Don't start crying over Asuma just yet - they didn't show him dying, so he ain't dead. Also, as some of you are pointing out, we still have more to learn about the monks.

The question is - how could Asuma have escaped death? Keep in mind that Shikamaru is not just clever, he's a *genius* - expect him to have thought several moves ahead. Maybe Hidan is standing in a circle of his own blood, drawn by Shikamaru (grasping at straws here).

Following up on some previous predictions, I'd love to see everything after Kakuzu sewing Hidan's head back on being Kurenai's genjutsu. The only problem is that it doesn't really buy Asuma anything - after the genjutsu breaks, Hidan can just stand in the circle and kill him remotely.

If Hidan really is immortal, then we have to wait until he meets Kakashi's MS.

Coming up with a good prediction is tough this week, so here's a dumb one: the next chapter is a mini-arc: "Tenten goes shopping!"

venicia777
October 07, 2006, 09:26 PM
If Hidan really is immortal, then we have to wait until he meets Kakashi's MS.

Coming up with a good prediction is tough this week, so here's a dumb one: the next chapter is a mini-arc: "Tenten goes shopping!"

ie if kakaashi manages to hit him with the MS first and doesnt miss.

tenten goes shopping- :loool that aint ever happening :p

sirhcmick
October 07, 2006, 10:20 PM
what kind of weapon did kotetsu use it looked pretty BA

mugen
October 07, 2006, 10:42 PM
what kind of weapon did kotetsu use it looked pretty BA

it looked like a seashell mace. And by the way I was kind of shocked at them that they did'nt just watch.

Saifi
October 08, 2006, 12:00 AM
Long time reader 1st time poster , umm actually i have a prediction and a q

pred - Asuma and hidanwill both die in this battle , but not in next chapter !

ques- is it possible that since hidan does not have his necklace anymore that the next chap we see asuma still alive and noone knows why , then shika is seen holding the necklace which is needed to complete the ceremony ! and then he high tails it , while hidan and asuma slug it out , asuma on his last legs and hidan with a wobbly head ! , and kakuzu as someone said already has his "hands full" and finally isnt it about time for the back up ?

afterthought: ok so maybe i asked more than 1 question :P

ikuroi
October 08, 2006, 08:43 AM
imo the necklace got no whatsoever important part in the role, its like a cross some folks got around the neck hangin' just to for the sake, you dont need to have it around you but you want.

the prediction for next week is pretty clear, asuma will die after a speech talking about the "king".

sirhcmick
October 08, 2006, 09:02 AM
i dont know the necklace may be important hidan might not now hes lost it because he was to busy . . .. getting his head lopped off

PredatorNar
October 08, 2006, 11:33 AM
If it was important, Hidan or Kakuzu would of retrieved it. Since they didn't even mention the necklace after he lost it, I'm thinking it's not important to the fight.

Amano
October 08, 2006, 11:48 AM
the jutsu did not break, asuma will be in a critical condition by what hindan just did but i don't think he will die. i don't kno kazkuz doesent look all that tough, he is holding those two guys with his two hands. so what happened if he was to be attacked by another person. would he extend his foot my feelings is shikamaru will kill all two of them.

You havent been looking carefully enough, he kind of multiplied his hands ... two hands are holding the guys by the neck, one hand is holding the weapon of the konoha ninja down and the other one .. cant remember .. and though we havent seen anymore yet I may dare to assume that, considering they are akatsuki, this wont be kazkuz only ability

xi0
October 08, 2006, 03:03 PM
No, there are only two hands. He wrapped is tendrils around the handle Kotetsu's Weapon first and then around his neck. The other hand has Izumo by his neck.

donkeyhigh
October 08, 2006, 03:32 PM
It's about freakin' time we get to see some of the main character, yes, Naruto! gaRr! I want to see some training!
Or possibly, that Naruto and Kakashi suddenly appears behind Shikamaru and Asuma, and Naruto jumps at the ritual-dude with the talking head (and yes, I know, most heads in the world know how to talk, but you all know what I mean) and gives him a kickin' with his new Rasengan. Because it will be done by then :p

sangai
October 08, 2006, 03:59 PM
won't happen...

naruto showing up would be a disaster, and there is no way he has his jutsu done already.

if anyone does show, ima assume shizune and a few anbu...since usually backup would entail anbu...it won't be yamato, kakashi and naruto that show up though.

Saremu
October 08, 2006, 04:36 PM
I've browsed this site for over a year, but this is my first post.

I agree that having Naruto show up would be out of the question. All of this has been going on while he is still training.

Is there a reason to doubt that Izumo(who has two free hands as far as I can tell) won't just perform another jutsu to free himself and Kotetsu(sp?)? I'm sure that if backup is not already watching they will arrive sometime in the next chapter. What if Kotetsu's mace/club thingy has a special ability of it's own? Kakuzu is stuck, so he has to relie on long range attacks, while Hidan must remain in the circle to kill Asuma. He could rip that scythe out when the reinforcements arrive, but Kishi must have not shown Asuma dieing for some reason. Hidan may still have his hands full. Shikamaru may or may not be out of chakra, but he isn't physically incompetent, and he must have hundreds of ninja tools to irritate both Hidan and Kakuzu long enough for the rest of the good guys to come save the day. I don't care if Asuma lives or dies, but I don't want a repeat of Gaara's predicament.

Mosh316
October 08, 2006, 05:13 PM
Personally I thinl hidan just has his blood in the circle and not asumas or both of their blood, basically meaning they both die

erieru
October 08, 2006, 05:29 PM
welcome Saremu, good thing you decided to join the posting flow :)

Saremu
October 08, 2006, 06:06 PM
Haha. No problem. I made sure to read the entire thread before I posted any of my opinions. Thanks for the welcome.

sirhcmick
October 08, 2006, 08:07 PM
im wanting kureni to come since the only thing weve ever seen her do was the itachi fight

mugen
October 08, 2006, 08:22 PM
im wanting kureni to come since the only thing weve ever seen her do was the itachi fight

Yeah about that she maybe comes but too late .Thus avenging him and revealing her her relation with the "leader"of Akatsuki. :blink ha ha ha

PredatorNar
October 08, 2006, 09:03 PM
Okay on a serious note. Batman and Robin will swoop in and survey the place:

Robin: Sweet tits, Batman! It's the Joker!
Hidanzilla: Wtf. I'm not the Joker, you fag!
Batman: Don't worry Robin, I already know what his power is. He is immortal and cutting off his limbs won't do.
Robin: Holy butthole, Batman. What are you gonna do?
Batman: Don't worry, Robin. I have just what we need in my utility belt. Just for occasions like this. I call it the Super Duper "Beat Immortal Guys who are Religios and Make Themselves into Voodoo Dolls" blaster. It should do the trick!

*He blasts Hidanzilla*

Hidanzilla: Nooooooooo *Dies*
Robin: For the love of G-Spots, Batman. That man has a hole through his chest!
Shikamaru: His name is Asuma
Batman: Don't worry, Robin. I have just what he needs in my utility belt. This should do the trick. It's a pill that instantly heals fatal wounds.

Robin: By the Gods, Batman! That guy has extendo-arms!
Batman: Robin, haven't you figured it out yet? Me + Prep Time + Belt = Domination! I have my "Immobolize People with Extendo-Arms gas bomb". It should do the trick *Throws gas bomb*

*Batman immobolizes Kakuzu*

Robin: Batman, that was amazing!
Batman: All in a belt's work, Robin. All in a belt's work...
Kotetsu: Wait the minute, what the f*ck is going on here? ...

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun Batman! Batman!! BATMAN!!!

RaZe
October 09, 2006, 01:49 AM
Okay on a serious note. Batman and Robin will swoop in and survey the place:

Robin: Sweet tits, Batman! It's the Joker!
Hidanzilla: Wtf. I'm not the Joker, you fag!
Batman: Don't worry Robin, I already know what his power is. He is immortal and cutting off his limbs won't do.
Robin: Holy butthole, Batman. What are you gonna do?
Batman: Don't worry, Robin. I have just what we need in my utility belt. Just for occasions like this. I call it the Super Duper "Beat Immortal Guys who are Religios and Make Themselves into Voodoo Dolls" blaster. It should do the trick!

*He blasts Hidanzilla*

Hidanzilla: Nooooooooo *Dies*
Robin: For the love of G-Spots, Batman. That man has a hole through his chest!
Shikamaru: His name is Asuma
Batman: Don't worry, Robin. I have just what he needs in my utility belt. This should do the trick. It's a pill that instantly heals fatal wounds.

Robin: By the Gods, Batman! That guy has extendo-arms!
Batman: Robin, haven't you figured it out yet? Me + Prep Time + Belt = Domination! I have my "Immobolize People with Extendo-Arms gas bomb". It should do the trick *Throws gas bomb*

*Batman immobolizes Kakuzu*

Robin: Batman, that was amazing!
Batman: All in a belt's work, Robin. All in a belt's work...
Kotetsu: Wait the minute, what the f*ck is going on here? ...

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun Batman! Batman!! BATMAN!!!

yea, im waiting for the 'Deus ex machina' too.

nohm
October 09, 2006, 03:05 AM
this is totally not a prediction, but an annoyance of manga drawing inconsistency....

How the frak does Hidan conseal his pikes in that robe, all the while doing acrobatic moves and maintaining composure? I was glancing over the last chapter, and I noticed he carries at least two pikes in his robe. Those things look pretty long, so am I to believe that those are made of rubber, or that Hidan has an uptight anal walking stance?

damn manga drawers take us for fools... :notrust

maybe Hidan got his own batman belt in there somewhere... :eyeroll

Yond4
October 09, 2006, 03:52 AM
My best prediction: We underestimate Izumo & Kotetsu technique (the jutsu and the crasy weapon).
The glue may have cover Hidan circle anihilating the curse and the hammer (!?) create an illusion (this weapon could be like the sound related one used by Dosu Kinuta). The priority is to help Asuma, not to defeat Kakuzu. (...the friend, not the mission... like I taught)

^^

ZeroDegrez
October 09, 2006, 03:54 AM
Lets assume the ritual circle is a seal. What happens if you incorrectly draw a seal? It probably doesn't work.

So, if Hidan's own blood were to fall into his ritual circle, it would screw up the "seal", thus forcing him to draw a new one.

So..he stabs himself, but since the seal is broken, it wont work. Also...I like the necklace idea too.

hunter71485
October 09, 2006, 04:36 AM
I think Asuma'll get killed, Shikamaru's gonna get traumatized and the backup they're waiting for gets decimated. Then Naruto gets captured and performs his ultimate jutsu while trying to escape. :)

Asuma's team will serve as an example that a standard jounin team will never defeat the strongest defense-oriented Akatsuki pair.

Krillos
October 09, 2006, 05:44 AM
Let's just realize the facts: Asuma dies and there are 50% chances that only Shikamaru is the only survivor in this doomed mission.
However, Asuma's death would not only traumatize Shikamaru but would probably trigger a desire to get stronger, like Naruto is doing now. You can't win with just the brains, kid.

dduck
October 09, 2006, 10:42 AM
Asuma's death wasn't shown because he'll have some last words and to grant some suspense to the ending of this week's manga. There's no way he survived.

Honestly, it just isn't probably that Asuma will survive the Akatsuki. So for everyone that wishes Shikamaru to find a way out of this, it just won't happen. Shikamaru himself even stated, "Damn it, one thing after another, their abilities are just to much!"

What I see happening is Asuma talking/ confessing briefly to Shikamaru who the 'king' is.
And my hope is it's Naruto. That Naruto is the one to protect so he can stop all this. The 'king' won't be the village like everyone thinks.

In conclusion:
Naruto = the most important thing, and hopefully we see more of him soon
Sasuke = still a little whinny bitch
Asuma = dead + plot development
Hidan = psycho immortal
Kakuzu = happy cause he has 3.5 million more in his pocket now

And reinforcements arrive in time to watch the Akatsuki run away with the money and storm the bathroom to recover Asuma's body.

sirhcmick
October 09, 2006, 11:37 AM
i think it didnt show him die becase he doesnt i think back up comes and somehow disrupts the circle and saves him

zetsuie
October 09, 2006, 12:50 PM
no your all wrong this is whats gonna happen assuma transforms into wing gundam then hidan transforms into deathscythe gundam then shikamaru transforms into sandrock gundam kakuzu transforms into shenlong gundam the other dont get gundams just because
but yeah im absolutley positive that that will happen

PredatorNar
October 09, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Trunks from DBZ is gonna appear from the future, cut Hidan up into pieces and blow his body up.

Then Batman is gonna get pissed because Trunks stole his role as the Dues ex Machina

llamapie
October 09, 2006, 01:39 PM
im writing this from my psp and this is gonna take forever... Asuma is lupin 3 in disguise, fakes his death and mugs kaku of all his cocaine. Lupin sells all the tainted goods to naruto and Sakura. They both get really messed up, have sex, and die of an OD. THE END

zetsuie
October 09, 2006, 01:52 PM
since when is naruto produced by FX

Logikl
October 09, 2006, 02:03 PM
since when is naruto produced by FX

:offtopic since always... didnt you know? :p

infyquest
October 09, 2006, 02:06 PM
Nowadays naruto is becoming pretty boring.
And it already lost some fanbase.
Something cool must show up, soon.

mrcongojack
October 09, 2006, 02:32 PM
The way I see it, the next chapter is going to go one of two ways:

one: We will see the end of the Akatsuki/Asuma Team fight, which I hope Asuma won't die in. Maybe Hidan was careless in the setup this time and just killed himself.

two: The great Kishimoto decides to pork us where the sun don't shine and shows the completion of the new Rasengan. While we do want to see it, we want to see the end of the fight far more.

Piatch
October 09, 2006, 05:12 PM
Well for one thing.. Shikamaru just CAN'T die... I would cry forever.. he's my favourite char....

sirhcmick
October 09, 2006, 08:05 PM
if shikamaru dies i would bet hes gonna end the series soon

One Eyed Sharingan
October 09, 2006, 11:09 PM
this is totally not a prediction, but an annoyance of manga drawing inconsistency....

How the frak does Hidan conseal his pikes in that robe, all the while doing acrobatic moves and maintaining composure? I was glancing over the last chapter, and I noticed he carries at least two pikes in his robe. Those things look pretty long, so am I to believe that those are made of rubber, or that Hidan has an uptight anal walking stance?

damn manga drawers take us for fools... :notrust

maybe Hidan got his own batman belt in there somewhere... :eyeroll

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/Kyuuketsuki_Hiruma/1copy.jpg
-----i used Japflap's scan for this one pic.....best regards to them----
If you look at it carefully at that stake, there are 2 joints [i circled them in red] (is that what you call it in english), the first is near the center (near his palm), an the second is on halfway to the sharp end.
I checked the raw...and yup the joints are there
furthermore there are "special effects" (i pointed them with blue arrow), indicating that the joints were snapped.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/Kyuuketsuki_Hiruma/2.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/Kyuuketsuki_Hiruma/3.jpg
and if you pay engh attention, there are always sound effect (like "snap") heard everytime hidan take his stake out....
so my guess is that that stake is retractable (kinda mechanic pen or some butterfly knife huh). Hidan retract the stake when he put them in his coat

dude u gotta look closer before you blabber to much like that and discredit the innocent author >_<....
and poor batman, he was dragged into this too ;)

deathshadow25
October 09, 2006, 11:33 PM
WOW you all are incredibly incorrect

I appear and I use my erase with pencil no jutsu on hidans circle and then kakazu sends a rope to tie my hands 2gether which releases the 10-tail grunty bijuu and i turn into rocker grunty form and use my blaze of love no jutsu and scorch their asses up but i end up destroying the entire world and then i sacrifice myself to restore it again but it restores it to the exact point where i appear but now it's not gonna happen cuz i sacrificed myself to restore the world *tear* no one will ever know what i did *tear*

[br]Posted on: October 10, 2006, 12:11:16 AM_________________________________________________did anyone see the filler this week with kurenai she's majorly hott and a damn good genjutsu user she was only topped by itachi and thats cuz he has the sharingan.

this arc is actually telling us more about our naruto characters

1st it shows that not all jounin are punks next to kakashi

2nd that itachi is way more powerful than we realize

3rd Kurenai isn't an actual born citizen of konoha which makes ne suspect that she has a connection to akatsuki

4th genjutsu is more badass than i thought

5th I KNOW now that Sakura is definetley goin to Kurenai to learn genjutsu if not now later

actually all the fights we see are usually action oriented and genjutsu is left behind

Zero1986
October 09, 2006, 11:53 PM
Except the Anime isn't cannon.

Narasu
October 10, 2006, 02:55 AM
[br]Posted on: October 10, 2006, 12:11:16 AM_________________________________________________did anyone see the filler this week with kurenai she's majorly hott and a damn good genjutsu user she was only topped by itachi and thats cuz he has the sharingan.

this arc is actually telling us more about our naruto characters

1st it shows that not all jounin are punks next to kakashi

2nd that itachi is way more powerful than we realize

3rd Kurenai isn't an actual born citizen of konoha which makes ne suspect that she has a connection to akatsuki

4th genjutsu is more badass than i thought

5th I KNOW now that Sakura is definetley goin to Kurenai to learn genjutsu if not now later

actually all the fights we see are usually action oriented and genjutsu is left behind

Keh! It's about time they show Kurenai some justice ^_^ Oh right, predictions... hmm I'm thinking backup will arrive just in time to save Asuma, but I think Asuma will still die later in the battle.

nohm
October 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
dude u gotta look closer before you blabber to much like that and discredit the innocent author >_<....
and poor batman, he was dragged into this too ;)

Ok, so I was sloppy with this one. :p

LightReaper
October 10, 2006, 04:19 AM
Oh hey, I haven't posted in a while.

Asuma aint dead, yet; it's just a dramatic cliff hanger, so i'll predict Asuma has his moment either in this chapter or the next chapter then bites the bucket, I don't want him to die but it looks that way with the constant talk of his own demise.

bloodrage
October 10, 2006, 07:59 AM
kazkuz is a mummy do u suppose he can reattach his limbs to

hindan is going do die

venicia777
October 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
The guy has had no backstory yet just like kakuzu so i am not expecting him to die yet. and Hidan is supposedly immortal- i dont think he is dying here. well, dont mind me, an immortal sasori died :smile-big . hmm!!! SO far doesnt his immortality seem way more advanced or should i say better than sasori's and orochimaru's? (question)

anyway, i am much more concerned about Asuma sensei than any of the Akatsuki. if anything those two akatsuki have a better chance of survival than team asuma (probably even after some reinforcements come).

what i am hoping to see is the secret jutsu- that seems to me that is going to be thedefining jutsu for Asuma because so far he hasnt shown much. As a fan i am acutely aware now how that compares him to kakashi and Gai.

The secret jutsu may be suicidal but it sure would help team Asuma now- at least before reinforcements come since i dont even think it can kill either/both kakuzu and hidan.

Piatch
October 10, 2006, 09:10 AM
if shikamaru dies i would bet hes gonna end the series soon

what do you meen??? who's going to end the story??

bloodrage
October 10, 2006, 09:16 AM
i don't really think he has a secrect jutsu. but i do think, asuma does have more to offer ,it is just dealing with this hindan guy overwhellmed him. i mean who expected him to be linked to him. no matter what he does he can't cause pain to hindan, or it will just be hurting himself. i feel if he wasn't linked you might see some cool jutsu from him.

Piatch
October 10, 2006, 09:29 AM
I think that Hidan might be like Sasori, having only one piece of his real body left so if Shikamaru would hit him in the brain or something he might would have died in reality..:P

venicia777
October 10, 2006, 09:40 AM
i don't really think he has a secrect jutsu.
the twelve guardians of the fire nation's lord are supposed to wield a special secret jutsu :blink :blink
This is what i am talking about. Kakuzu stated that himself.

i higly doubt kishimoto would hint at that without at least letting Asuma sensei use it, especially if he is on his last breath

I think that Hidan might be like Sasori, having only one piece of his real body left so if Shikamaru would hit him in the brain or something he might would have died in reality..:P

i hope not-- that will be like de ja vu :(

Reckless2k1
October 10, 2006, 09:42 AM
How about Kakashi using his sharingan and either blows of Hidans head like didara or better still teleports his head to another dimension XD!

venicia777
October 10, 2006, 09:46 AM
How about Kakashi using his sharingan and either blows of Hidans head like didara or better still teleports his head to another dimension XD!

kakashis is no where near the fight zone. And i doubt he will leave naruto's side and/or training. He probably doesnt even know of where Asuma is located at the moment.

bloodrage
October 10, 2006, 10:59 AM
the twelve guardians of the fire nation's lord are supposed to wield a special secret jutsu :blink :blink
This is what i am talking about. Kakuzu stated that himself.

i higly doubt kishimoto would hint at that without at least letting Asuma sensei use it, especially if he is on his last breath

i hope not-- that will be like de ja vu :(

where did it say that? i can remember kazkuz saying the monks, are known for some special jutsu, not the twelve gaurdians.

White Rabbit
October 10, 2006, 11:00 AM
where did it say that? i can remember kazkuz saying the monks, are known for some special jutsu, not the twelve gaurdians.

ah, thanks... finally someone who points this out. and here's the proof:

manu
October 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
theurgy |????rj?| noun the operation or effect of a supernatural or divine agency in human affairs. • a system of white magic practiced by the early Neoplatonists. DERIVATIVES theurgic |????rjik| adjective theurgical adjective theurgist noun ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: via late Latin from Greek theourgia ‘sorcery,’ from theos ‘god’ + -ergos ‘working.’

Ok just looked up Theurgical in the dictionary. My prediction on Theurgical Enlightment is that its some white magic for healing. Seems perfect since his opponent Hidan uses "black" magic. Though that would totally change my perspective on the Naruto universe. If magic does exist then limits that people had thought up before are wrong and ninja's aren't the only major power. Though i guess white magic doesn't have to be healing, I just don't see any other move that Asuma could pull of besides healing that would keep him alive.

erieru
October 10, 2006, 12:12 PM
theurgy |????rj?| noun the operation or effect of a supernatural or divine agency in human affairs. • a system of white magic practiced by the early Neoplatonists. DERIVATIVES theurgic |????rjik| adjective theurgical adjective theurgist noun ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: via late Latin from Greek theourgia ‘sorcery,’ from theos ‘god’ + -ergos ‘working.’

Ok just looked up Theurgical in the dictionary. My prediction on Theurgical Enlightment is that its some white magic for healing. Seems perfect since his opponent Hidan uses "black" magic. Though that would totally change my perspective on the Naruto universe. If magic does exist then limits that people had thought up before are wrong and ninja's aren't the only major power. Though i guess white magic doesn't have to be healing, I just don't see any other move that Asuma could pull of besides healing that would keep him alive.

nice work, I was wondering about that word myself

Dark Zeza
October 10, 2006, 12:42 PM
ah, thanks... finally someone who points this out. and here's the proof:

So we cant expect Asuma to use secret jutsu anymore, since the one who can use is the Fire Temple monks.

manu
October 10, 2006, 02:59 PM
Would someone care to explain why he cant use the special jutsu. Everything has pointed to him being a former monk in my eyes but maybe i've missed something.

sirhcmick
October 10, 2006, 03:05 PM
yeah im pretty sure he was a former monk too thats why hes got thst sash so he should know it.

Akasuna no Sasori
October 10, 2006, 03:07 PM
Because hes going to die. Hidan had the ritual going, it was proved, and he stabbed himself in the heart.

Thats what I think anyway. Kishi always tries to save the main characters and think up of things to keep them alive. Naruto is overdue for a good guy dying.

Jammin
October 10, 2006, 03:45 PM
I think Asuma's done for, i don't see how he could have avoided the javilin to the heart. They showed it from multiple angles, the symbol on the ground was intact, the curse was in effect. So unless Hidan forgot his anatomy and stabbed himself in the liver I'm thinking this is the end for Asuma. I have a feeling that Kotetsu and Izumo will join him soon, just a hunch.

Anyway my prediction for the next chapter is that a third of it is everyone stunned that Asuma died followed by Kakuzu doing something cool that takes out both Kotetsu and Izumo. Then help arrives in time to save Shikamaru(I hope). If there's any room at the end it will be back to check on Naruto's training.

manu
October 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
Whats the point of being a monk if they don't show any monk magic? If anything Asuma should have a few spells/jutsus to stay alive. Even with all the bad omens there is no way he is going out like a punk. Kishimoto also has good deaths for characters he likes and if Asuma dies this easily without doing any damage then his death was in vain. If anything Asuma has swore to make sure that he'd do something for the "king" before he died.

White Rabbit
October 10, 2006, 03:58 PM
Would someone care to explain why he cant use the special jutsu. Everything has pointed to him being a former monk in my eyes but maybe i've missed something.

it's never been stated that asuma was a monk once. he and chiriku were two of the 12 shinobi guardsmen... i bet that after they somehow did quit, chiriku became a monk at the fire temple and asuma went back to konohagakure.
because asuma says they both were member of the ninjuu shoutai, i assume that chirikus life as a monk has nothing to do with his past involving asuma and therefore asuma is not related to that enlightenment-jutsu.

but maybe i'm just missing your point. where do you say was pointed to asuma being a former monk?
just because the elder monk seems to know him? seems a little too tenuous to me.

manu
October 10, 2006, 04:05 PM
I guess I cant since I don't keep my manga on my computer since there's no room on my hard drive. My only response now is for everyone to wait for the next chapter. Either Kishimoto moves onto Naruto's training or Asuma uses a monk like jutsu. Just manipulating chakra doesn't seem very Jounin like so I was hoping to see a jutsu he knew before he left.

sirhcmick
October 10, 2006, 04:16 PM
lol was chiyo a good guy that died? but if your talking about being killed i guess your right

FatalFlaw
October 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
Eh, I don't know.

Asuma is a main character in the thing, so this would be a terrible way to end him. He needs a dramatic ending, and this guy stabbing himself in the heart isn't the way for him to die.

My guess? Hidan probably didn't hit his heart, and stuck it through his stomach or something. Maybe he didn't hit any vital organs. He can't die yet, because he hasn't told Shikamaru who the king is in Chess. He said it wasn't the hokage, but something else. He hasn't told Shikamaru what it is, and until he does, he can't die. Either way, Asuma's out of the fight for now, that's for sure, unless something strange happened.

Dynamic Dragon
October 10, 2006, 04:23 PM
i predict that kurenai is gonna be the back up that theyve been waiting for, or atleast shell go with the back up, there was a scene in the manga where she was in her house, that couldnt have been meaning less page, i think its too soon for asuma to die, so i think kurenai might be a 'sumthing' in this coming story

also, i think theres sumthing still untold about that root meeting with sai, that cat has to be sumthing oO

Jammin
October 10, 2006, 04:33 PM
As for the monk jutsu's that everyone wants to see so badly. Whatever they are, they didn't do Chiriku or the fire temple any good so I fail to see how they are going to help the almost certainly dead Asuma.

As for the "Who is the King" that seems like one of those "the student discovers the true meaning of the words long after the masters death" deals to me.

someguyudontknow
October 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
when did it say asuma was a monk? i remember it saying Asuma is one of the 12 Guardians or whatever but i don't recall it ever saying asuma was a monk. I could be wrong though, or maybe the scanlations that i've been reading is wrong.

JusT.NarutO
October 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
Chiriku should have the skill too.. and Chiriku was taken down.. So i don´t think that if asuma have the secret jutsu too.. it is gonna help..
It just can help if he has a diferent evolution or type of this secret jutsu.

But still, i think that he is gonna make it.. and don´t die.

Anyway.. don´t underestimate akatsuki. They are smart assassins and ninjas.. aren´t gonna fall for anything stupid.. but never underestimate a konoha shinobi, anyway.. they always have some trick or some power that they only show in the last case...

I really don´t know where this battle will end and how.. cmon kishi tell us x)

leejinsung
October 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
asuma was never a monk and the only similarity he had with chiriku was that they were both part of the 12 guardian ninjas. they were like, personal bodyguards of the fire country lord. apparently they have been disbanded, and most have died already. that's why they were not able to help sandaime during the siege of konoha by orochimaru. they have different jutsus that are special, and chiriku was reknowned for the special jutsu that only he can do, which kakuzu pointed out to hidan when they attacked the fire temple.

nohm
October 10, 2006, 05:17 PM
oh god, don't tell me this will turn out like final fantasy where asuma busts a phoenix down or resurrection jutsu on himself some time after his apparent death. Then we find out Chiriku did it too, he steps out of the morgue, and they do the double dragon... :notrust

like other skeptics, I didn't see the connection between asuma and the monks. however, if Kishi went out of the way to mention that the monks had a special technique, then I guess it wouldn't have been for nothing. but still, I hope there's no bs "bat belt" solution this week.

venicia777
October 10, 2006, 05:21 PM
the way kakuzu and hidan fight i would bet that chiriku didnt even get a chance to use whatever secret jutsu he had. In that encounter we saw both Hidan and Kakuzu immediately rush into the fight- so i doubt hidan ever told kakuzu to sit on the sidelines like in the Asuma encounter. And the way fights go i dont think Chiriku immediately attacked them with the special jutsu. that is to say hidan probably got him first before he even had a chance to use that jutsu.

Now, the way Asuma- one of the few and famous Konoha jounins and captains we know- has been portrayed thus far as compared to Gai or Kakashi- leads me to believe kishimoto probably has something esle spetacular for him to do even if he dies. if i Compare his portrayal thus far to Gai/kakashi/s his performance in this encounter makes him look quite weak. Thats why at least i am expecting some sort of secret suicidal jutsu especially since he is on his last breath.

And on top of that, he seems to adore Shikamaru. if Asuma knows he is about to die and realizes that shikamaru has no chance to escape if he dies or doesnt do something immediately they all die before reinforcements - i bet his idea of a sacrificial pawn will come to play.

All this is in case Asuma aint already dead- and i dont think he is.

FatalFlaw
October 10, 2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, whatever this is, won't kill Asuma. If this attack did hit a vital organ, it will instantly kill Asuma, and Shikamaru won't know who the king is. He can't die until he tells Shikamaru what the king is, or else it will leave a hole in the plot.

I also hope to see some results of Naruto's training soon. It's been three episodes without him in it.

dfcarolinaguy
October 10, 2006, 05:53 PM
I bet naruto is going to show up in this Manga, and i am praying we see Kurenia show up and do some cool genjutsu's

deathshadow25
October 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
I think there might be a reason for the fillers to be focusing on Kurenai.

also does anyone know where i says that the fillers aren't canon or fanon or whatever i and if it is then who gave the directors on the anime the right to do backstory on Kurenai, develop hinata's ultimate jutsu, and create a swordman of the mist. It makes no sense to that.

dfcarolinaguy
October 10, 2006, 05:58 PM
I kinda like the fillers because they get to explain some of the characters in more depth because the manga does not have that kind of time to focus on all of the characters

bloodrage
October 10, 2006, 06:24 PM
i don't see how kurani is going to be there, or naruto. but asuma won't die right away . so don't worry

manu
October 10, 2006, 06:27 PM
I kinda like the fillers because they get to explain some of the characters in more depth because the manga does not have that kind of time to focus on all of the characters

Fillers is like splenda, its not that good and it'll give you cancer.

Jammin
October 10, 2006, 06:29 PM
:offtopic The anime people who write the fillers can do anything they want (the thrown rasengan for instance). Wether or not it adheres to the story line of the manga. So all backstory is almost certainly made up with no imput by kishimoto.

venicia777
October 10, 2006, 06:41 PM
i don't see how kurani is going to be there, or naruto. but asuma won't die right away . so don't worry

well, i suppose kurenai isnt a member of the 20 4-man teams that went out since she was in her room seemingly relaxed when Asuma was heading out. But people say she may go there because she is seemingly going out with asuma and she thought he was going to be in trouble i bet she will find him somehow. Also, of the two prior times Asuma was shown to have fought- she somehow was with him in the tightest encounter - which of course was another akatsuki mtchup. am i making any sense at all :loool
anyways, knowing too well how they performed against itachi and kisame i bet if she even had a hint that Asuma was engaged in a battle with the akatsuki she would rush to his aide.
But the thing is how would she know where team asuma is?

For me since Gai and Kakashi have had their turn- it may time for kurenai and asuma. although i prefer if kurenai had her own encounter.
hmm!!! whatever the reason- it is a possibility. Love and camaraderie plays the role here.