PDA

View Full Version : Character Franky, Pacifista, and Vegapunk.

Mr.Aaron
July 09, 2009, 04:55 PM
With the recent (not really) arrival of pacifista, I can see Franky getting a whole lot stronger. I am not going to write a wall of text on this, but just generally give a basic idea as to what I mean.

When Kuma "pushed" Franky to another area, he winded up in Vegapunk's old lab. If anyone is willing to post a onemanga link showing that, I would appreciate that. This leads me to believe that Franky will discover some blueprints that oly a cyborg would be able to understand about the pacifista, which will make him a whole lot more powerful in terms of how people rank in the SH crew. I'm not saying he'll get a super-mega-destructo Kizaru laser, but something that will make him a more important member (in terms of combat) to the crew. My other reason for hoping this is because I think Franky is SUPA, and the crew could use a 4th strong guy. (I am referring to Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.)

I would enjoy other people sharing Franky/Vegapunk/Pacifista opinions/theories.

gao_dargon
July 09, 2009, 05:16 PM
that preaty much seems to be the case, im not sure about blueprints, but he will defently get a power up, but all the straw hat's seems to be going down that path, Nami with the weather controling rope, Ussop in an island full of real kabutos, Robin being saved by the revolutionaries (they seem to know alot, and to Robin knowledge is power), and Sanji Runing his ass off xD (i don't remember where Zoro and Brook landed, and i can't think how Chopper will get stronger by hanging with giant animals)

Lord Rayleigh
July 09, 2009, 05:19 PM
If anyone is willing to post a onemanga link showing that, I would appreciate that. This leads me to believe that Franky will discover some blueprints that oly a cyborg would be able to understand about the pacifista, which will make him a whole lot more powerful in terms of how people rank in the SH crew. I'm not saying he'll get a super-mega-destructo Kizaru laser, but something that will make him a more important member (in terms of combat) to the crew. My other reason for hoping this is because I think Franky is SUPA, and the crew could use a 4th strong guy. (I am referring to Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.)

Your link is here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/01/).

I must tell you that in One Piece Unlimited Adventure, at the beginning of the story, the SH spilt up to search for Luffy. Nami is the one that fixes the composition of the two groups and decides to be with Franky, Sanji and Zoro. Then, Ussop - who is scared of the island where they are - complains because Nami has taken in his group the stronger SHs she could take. That means that Zoro, Sanji and Franky are said to be the stronger among the 8 SH that were present.
As it is obvious that the first stronger SH is Luffy, the second is Zoro and the third is Sanji, that means Franky is said to be the fourth stronger SH in One Piece Unlimited Adventure.

PS : Yes, I have One Piece Unlimited Adventure :p

Mr.Aaron
July 09, 2009, 05:51 PM
Even if Franky is currently the 4th strongest, he kind of seems like much of a distant fourth. Thanks for the information and the link. As for Robin, I can imagine that she might meet with with Dragon?

Lord Rayleigh
July 09, 2009, 07:47 PM
Even if Franky is currently the 4th strongest, he kind of seems like much of a distant fourth. Thanks for the information and the link. As for Robin, I can imagine that she might meet with with Dragon?
But that was only said in the video game. To be more specific, I heard in the french version of this game as I bought the french version. I suppose all the differents versions of this game have the same traductions. Nevertheless, they decided to create different covers for the different countries : that is because the games were not availaible at the same time in all the countries.
The french version is name One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1 : Le trésor sous les flots (http://www.manga-news.com/public/images/jeuxvideo/jaquette-one-piece-unlimited-cruise-1-le-tresor-sous-les-flots-wii-.jpg). They named it One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1 because there was a second One Piece game for the consol Wii in Japan which will obviously be named " One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2 : ... " in France.

Fox666
July 09, 2009, 10:32 PM
Personally I think Robin is more dangerous than Franky...

kkck
July 09, 2009, 10:56 PM
Personally I think Robin is more dangerous than Franky...

Robin is dangerous in combat but she lacks superhuman traits such as strength, speed and stamina. She can create hundreds of limbs out of nowhere but if one of them gets hurt, so does she(at least I have read that somewhere, please correct me if I am wrong). given that, anyone with actual superhuman strength can hurt and get rid of robins many limbs incredibly fast.

gao_dargon
July 10, 2009, 12:09 AM
even thoug that would be awesome i think its still to early for Dragon to make his apparence to one of the straw hats,

Onomatopoeia
July 10, 2009, 12:42 AM
Robin is dangerous in combat but she lacks superhuman traits such as strength, speed and stamina. She can create hundreds of limbs out of nowhere but if one of them gets hurt, so does she(at least I have read that somewhere, please correct me if I am wrong). given that, anyone with actual superhuman strength can hurt and get rid of robins many limbs incredibly fast.
This times 1000.

Robin is the very definition of wasted potential and that's the reason why she's weaker then Franky. If she was superhuman in any way(aka she trained a lot) this would be a mega haxxed fruit. Now then if someone like Sanji or the CP9 had this fruit...

Anyways as for the thread Franky will come back with lasers I can almost guarantee it. This will make him a heck of a lot stronger but I doubt that Oda will ever get rid of the Monster Trio(as in add another member, making the Monster Quartet) as it has been established for a quite a while. So that sort of hints that the rest of the crew will be gaining powerups too I suppose.

Lord Rayleigh
July 10, 2009, 08:48 AM
She can create hundreds of limbs out of nowhere but if one of them gets hurt, so does she (at least I have read that somewhere, please correct me if I am wrong).
That is not exactly that. She can create pieces of his body. Then, if one of these pieces is hurt, she feels the pain and her pieces of body disappear because of the pain : that seems because she has to concentrate to create pieces of her body and to control them.
Indeed, in Alabasta, Robin was protection some gates with arms to prevent Alabasta'soldiers from opening them. Then, the Tsumegeri (http://www.volonte-d.com/perso/images/tsumegeri.jpg) who are elite soldiers of Alabasta managed to cut some of these arms. Then, all the arms disappeared and she felt the pain while the Tsumegeri opened the gates and went to fight Crocodile.
But after that, her real body was not injured.

kkck
July 10, 2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/196/03/
She did seem to get a small cut on her real body in that link though. I thought that was because something got transfered back to her....

gao_dargon
July 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
i don't know how the fisical wounds transder, but whay is sure is that she does feal the pain the other parts feal

bittman
July 14, 2009, 06:30 AM
Back on topic: I actually don't want Franky to power himself up that much by finding Vegapunk's workshop. Perhaps he'll find a weapon to use alongside his unique fighting style, but whether he'll be able to build anything new, who knows?

One highly plausible affect that could come of Franky finding Vegapunk's workshop is that he'll find out how Pacifista's are built, and thus their weaknesses which could prove essential against Pacifistas and Kuma himself.

LDSaint
July 14, 2009, 06:54 AM
i think that frank of course will get stronger maybe wat he is made of (metel) will become stronger so he is more resistant to damage... hey u never no he mite become full cyborg insteed of everything but his back being made of metel, or new weapons...

but with regard to the whole as strong as the monster trio i dnt think soo cause they will aslo get stronger because of the seperation...

but so far from all the cover stories frank looks like he will get the biggest boost in strength so far

gao_dargon
July 14, 2009, 11:03 PM
he might encounter some of Vegapunks relatives, or old assistants that might reveal something usefull,

i don't like making such small comments but i can't seem to find a way of expanding my thoughts :S

ofir271
July 17, 2009, 09:33 PM
as to the strength ranking,im putting francky at the same level as sanji if not more.
sanji got his roll in the crew before francky arrived and thats why he is fighting stronger opponents atm,but remember that luffy couldnt beat francky at water 7.im not sure sanji could stand on equal groud with luffy for that long.

anyway back to topic.i agree francky will come back much stronger.i can see him running on improved cola(maybe diet to get the engine running longer).new weapons and fixed back issues.that and more-he will know much more so he can make the sunny better,and maybe understand how to beat the pacifista.

kkck
July 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
Well, seeing how sanji fared against jyabura and how franky did against against the zipper guy, I would think sanji is stronger than franky. IMHO the strawhat bounties reflect fairly well the strength of each strawhat(except for brook, robin and maybe chooper)

Lobotomy Jane
July 19, 2009, 05:16 AM
It'll be cool if Franky finds a cola-making machine to put inside his stomach ^^ it would mean that his SUPER strenght never decreases.

gao_dargon
July 19, 2009, 10:23 PM
do you guys think we'll see the powerup in the cover storys or until he gets back?? also since this thread is about Vegapunk and the pasifistas, i don't know what to think about Vegapunk, is he a mad cientis? (kind of like Hogback) or a good person working for the wrong ppl? (like smoker)

modoki
July 21, 2009, 10:56 AM
You know, i have a feeling Vegapunk is probably a very talented teenager who was probably super picked on when he was at Karakuri Island where franky is at now

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000200972/01.jpg

Lobotomy Jane
July 21, 2009, 12:26 PM
You know, i have a feeling Vegapunk is probably a very talented teenager who was probably super picked on when he was at Karakuri Island where franky is at now

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000200972/01.jpg

lolz for one moment i've pictured L as a mad scientist xD

BlindMunkey
July 22, 2009, 02:05 AM
the way i think it is this way.. all franky will get outta this is KNOWLEDGE. and knowledge is everything. which will give franky a better understanding of functionality of kuma or px-1 to px-4. which might also help him upgrade himself along the way as well as find weakness to defeat kuma in future or px1-4.

Black Lagoon
July 22, 2009, 04:20 AM
do you guys think we'll see the powerup in the cover storys or until he gets back?? also since this thread is about Vegapunk and the pasifistas, i don't know what to think about Vegapunk, is he a mad cientis? (kind of like Hogback) or a good person working for the wrong ppl? (like smoker)

we can't say he's working for the wrong ppl, cuz it's the government man ! and the government is supposed to protect people from the pirates (for them all the pirates are bad). :amuse

gao_dargon
July 22, 2009, 07:48 PM
aw c'on, you know the goverment are the bad ones in OP, (any resemble with the real world is mare coinsidense xD ) they took out Ohara just cuz they had knowledge of the void century, now thats a bad ass goverment right there, also they wanted to kill a little girl (robin) for the same reazon, and what did Roger do that was so bad as to be called by them "the grates evil"? he only wanted to persue happines and freedom

Kaiser Will
July 22, 2009, 11:00 PM
I don't know about you guys, but Chopper for me is the 4th strongest.

His DF when used with his Rumble Ball is pretty effective, and his monster point, thought he can't control, but anyway is devastating.

Lobotomy Jane
July 23, 2009, 02:37 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Chopper for me is the 4th strongest.

His DF when used with his Rumble Ball is pretty effective, and his monster point, thought he can't control, but anyway is devastating.

Yeah, I hope his bounty will be increased, 50b is a ridiculous amount >_<

k-dom
July 23, 2009, 03:36 AM
aw c'on, you know the goverment are the bad ones in OP, (any rezable with the real world is mare coinsidense xD ) they took out Ohara just cuz the had knowledge of the void century, now thats a bad ass goverment right there, also they wanted to kill a little girl (robin) for the same reazon, and what did Roger do that was so bad as to be called by them "the grates evil"? he only wanted to persue happines and freedom

there is no good or bad group in One Piece. Smoker or Garp are marines which you can not consider as bad people. Vivi, Cobra and Dalton are part of the world government and they also can not be considered bad.

About franky. It is just the house where vegapunk was born. We know nothing yet what could be usefull in that house.

Black Lagoon
July 23, 2009, 05:11 AM
aw c'on, you know the goverment are the bad ones in OP, (any rezable with the real world is mare coinsidense xD ) they took out Ohara just cuz the had knowledge of the void century, now thats a bad ass goverment right there, also they wanted to kill a little girl (robin) for the same reazon, and what did Roger do that was so bad as to be called by them "the grates evil"? he only wanted to persue happines and freedom

My bad, My bad...
I said they are supposed to protect people, and in fact they do, but what happened in Ohara prove there's no democracy, and every a$$hole (CP9) with the call buster can summon them, so they came, vanish all the village and go, and the Tenryūbito ...:facepalm

Poneglyph420
July 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
i think that frank of course will get stronger maybe wat he is made of (metel) will become stronger so he is more resistant to damage... hey u never no he mite become full cyborg insteed of everything but his back being made of metel, or new weapons...

I suspect this to be very likely. everyone has to step up.
And for Franky his identity is as a cyborg, and finding Vegapunk's homeland has to make him a "super" cyborg..
But previous threads about finding weakness in the Pacifista sound accurate too..
But even after his own adventure, he is 4th and only in strength.
And in the NW, he has to be the key to the defeat of any further pacifista threat.....

gao_dargon
July 27, 2009, 11:22 AM
i don't think franky would like someone else messing with his body, his pride as the best won't allow it, he might get some knowledge on how to improbe himself, but basing my opinion in what we have seen at the moment, we wont see his powerup (or any of the SH for that matter) until he reunites with the rest or the crew, or Luffy at least