PDA

View Full Version : ghostexiled's yaoi thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ghostexiled
July 09, 2009, 08:33 PM
This seems like a fun idea... so shoot whatever ya got at me and I will do my best to answer! :D

Nami
July 12, 2009, 10:43 AM
Great!! Say, tell us more about yourself.
What's your favourite shonen series and animes?
Ever read shoujo before? :)

Gecko Moria
July 12, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hello ghostexiled :) Yoroshiku~
Questions:
What sports are you interested in?
What console/PC games do you play?

ghostexiled
July 12, 2009, 09:35 PM
Great!! Say, tell us more about yourself.
What's your favourite shonen series and animes?
Ever read shoujo before? :)

Well not sure where to start...hrmmmm.

I am currently working for an alternative paper in Kansas City, MO. I went to college and got my BA in Illustration/Commercial Art. I love daydreaming and do it more than I should... :D

My favorites shonen right now are:

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Hitman Reborn, Fairy Tale, Psyren, Gantz, D Gray Man and just got into Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden. (I realize Gantz is a Seinen... whoops! :D)

As far as any anime... I would not know where to start with that. I have enjoyed and watched all kinds of series. I would say everything above plus:

GTO, Record Lodoss Wars, Heat Guy J, Karas, GunXSword, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Eureka 7, Dragonball, Blood, all of Satoshi Kon's films, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Outlaw Star, Ghost in the Shell... and sooo many more. :D

I am afraid I am not to familiar with anything shoujo... so I don't think so.

Hello ghostexiled :) Yoroshiku~
Questions:
What sports are you interested in?
What console/PC games do you play?

I like sports on a casual level... not a big fan of any sport in particular.

I love video games.... all kinds. I have had almost every console since the Atari. Currently I have just the xbox 360, I had to the Wii... but I traded it for a Wacom tablet for my art. :D No PS3, cause it soooo expensive for me right now. :D

I love RPG's (Japanese ones) First person shooters (love BioShock) and slash em hack em (Devil May Cry)

Right now I waiting for "Brutal Legend" and "Batman: Arkham Asylum"

Anything else... I would love to answer, so keep them coming! :D

blai
July 22, 2009, 01:40 PM
Do you like Starcraft or any other of the current Blizzard games?

ghostexiled
July 22, 2009, 05:22 PM
I have not really kept up with the Blizzard games recently... however, I did play the hell outta Starcraft back in High School. :P

I am looking forward to the new Final Fantasy game and looking out for the next installment of Kingdom Hearts though!

I mainly spend my time drawing random things that I think of, there is a link to my art in my sig. Let me know what you guys think! :)

blai
July 23, 2009, 04:07 AM
Aaaww, there's like noone playing starcraft on MH ;( And very few persons playing on bnet... Need to move to South Korea >.>
New Final Fantasy game is either going to be awesome or a totally flop, hope it'll be great! :x

Buy Starcraft 2 when it gets released :occa

Imo you're very good ^_^ especially wind warrior is my favourite because the contours are kind of thick and you coloured it "softly"... It's easy for your eyes to look at it and at the same time it's awesome :P

(If you know what I mean -.-'

ghostexiled
July 23, 2009, 04:11 PM
I would love to play games.... I just don't have the time these days to play like I did back in college... ah those were the days. :P

I play games that are easy to get into and out of, these days. With the few exceptions of Square Enix games.

Thanks for the compliment on my piece! I try very hard to make time for some art... I have a new one i am trying to get done, hopefully this weekend I can get to it.

If there is any other questions, I am willing to dish out my know how's! :D

blai
July 23, 2009, 04:27 PM
Are your English skills good enough to proofread an index post I just finished?

Noone else cares to do it T_T

ghostexiled
July 23, 2009, 07:17 PM
born and raised in the U.S.A! hehe (I am not a typical american by any means though!)

I can proof it... is it really long? :P

blai
July 24, 2009, 12:19 AM
It's not long, it's the index in the sports section, take a look and tell me if something needs to be changed ^_^

You're my personal slave/proofreader/cook now :wtf

ghostexiled
July 24, 2009, 01:22 AM
since I am not a real sports fan and all, you will have to show me the link to the section where I can find it! :P

this is a partnership... no slave ownage here, big guy! :D

blai
July 24, 2009, 02:04 AM
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51547

Bah, what do you want? Maybe we can negotiate..:sbunny (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51547)

ghostexiled
July 24, 2009, 12:05 PM
You can send my some brownies! :D

There is only one thing that I see wrong:

If you notice that there aren't a thread for the sport you wanna discuss - make the thread yourself! Everything that can be classified as a sport is accepted here, whether it's playing football or throwing horseshoes.

Should say isn't

Or you can say, "If you notice that there aren't any threads for the sport..."

other than that... looks good!

blai
July 24, 2009, 12:09 PM
*sending brownies*

Dankie! :x

ghostexiled
July 24, 2009, 04:53 PM
Now that I have earned my brownies... does anyone else have anything I can do for them? :P

igotthegoods
August 23, 2009, 01:21 AM
Heya, ghostie! My promised post, which also comes with a glomp. :glomp :XD

A few questions for ya:

When and how did you get into manga/anime?
Any plans to try out some shoujo? If no, why not?
What kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists in particular?

Hmmm.... I think that'll do for now. More later. :lovebunny

ghostexiled
August 23, 2009, 06:05 AM
Heya, ghostie! My promised post, which also comes with a glomp. :glomp :XD

A few questions for ya:

When and how did you get into manga/anime?
Any plans to try out some shoujo? If no, why not?
What kind of music do you like? Any favorite artists in particular?

Hmmm.... I think that'll do for now. More later. :lovebunny

Glomps are always welcomed! :p

well let's see... I got into anime first and it was Dragonball when I was 16 years old. I continued for a good while only watching anime, until sometime during college I learned that some anime was based off manga so I started to read the mangas to the shows that I was currently watching (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)

I am sorry... what is shoujo exactly? I know shonen and seinen... but outside those 2 I have not really gotten into. I am not against new stuff, I just know there are tons of stuff out there... so I usually stick to stuff that I am familiar with. Boring I know! :p But if there is anything that anybody is willing to recommend, I am willing to take a peek! :D

I do have to say I really have never gotten into mech based stories... but there have been exceptions to this. Full Metal Panic, I absolutely love! There are a few others that I have liked but can't seem to remember their names at the moment...

Music... I like all kinds really, but nothing too the extreme of any genres. ex: Gangsta rap - I like hip-hop more and Heavy metal - I like just rock.

Right now I just got into Elbow, they are an indie group from England. I also like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age and Method Man & Redman... at the moment.

Koen
August 23, 2009, 07:19 AM
hello, ghost :)

Is there any story behind your nick?
Where exactly do you live in the US?

blai
August 23, 2009, 04:32 PM
Shoujo is THE genre to read when it comes to manga. Everything that's not super mainstream yet mindblowing comes from that genre...Oh, apart from School Days... it's sick!!!!!! Shoujo manga is manga aimed to the female audience at the age of like... 12-18 (something like that) and it's often either drama, romance and/or comedy. It circulates around a girl and how she things, with one or more beautiful (fan-service) male character(s) that circulates around her. It's drawn in a way to attract the female audience with a lot of work done on the males to make them look hawt but also at the girls for equalizing the beauty-aspects.

Nevertheless....

It owns :x

Read Skip Beat, Fruits Basket and Ouran High!!! NOW!!!!!

I haven't found this question here yet so I'll ask, what ARE you currently reading? (genre wise)?

ghostexiled
August 23, 2009, 05:07 PM
hello, ghost :)

Is there any story behind your nick?
Where exactly do you live in the US?

Hello, koenosaki! :D

the story behind my nickname... hrmmmm. Well it comes from several different places actually.

Ghost - comes from me being kinda on the pale side, I can't get a decent tan to save my life! :p Also, when I was younger I was kinda like a ghost... few people paid attention to me and I stayed out of the path of the "All seeing eye"!

Exiled - comes from always coming and going from places... I moved around a lot when I was younger. So it also felt that I was being exiled to a new place when I was younger.

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I am desperately trying to leave... it sucks here! :p I need/want to travel more... Japan is in my cross hairs! :D

I haven't found this question here yet so I'll ask, what ARE you currently reading? (genre wise)?

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tale, DGM, Gantz, Psyren and Reborn. So Shonen and Seinen.

I am breezing thru Rave Master right now in my spare time.

I need to start FMA, I watched their first go thru of it and found out they went away from the manga half way thru it. I am also watching the new one that is suppose to be more faithful the manga.

I have to go record saying that do know about a ton more series out there... I have watched their respective animes, I just have not gotten around to reading their respective mangas.

But Blai, I will fo sho check out those Shoujo that you recommended me! :D

igotthegoods
August 30, 2009, 10:07 PM
Glomps are always welcomed! :p
How about another? Hehe... :glomp

well let's see... I got into anime first and it was Dragonball when I was 16 years old. I continued for a good while only watching anime, until sometime during college I learned that some anime was based off manga so I started to read the mangas to the shows that I was currently watching (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)
Nice. ^^ I think Dragonball was the first anime for a lot of people around here. I was a bit of a late bloomer entering into the otaku world, so I've never seen/read it. :darn I started out with Inuyasha instead. I found anime on adult swim and then eventually made my way to manga after I discovered its existence.

I am sorry... what is shoujo exactly? I know shonen and seinen... but outside those 2 I have not really gotten into. I am not against new stuff, I just know there are tons of stuff out there... so I usually stick to stuff that I am familiar with. Boring I know! :p But if there is anything that anybody is willing to recommend, I am willing to take a peek! :D
It seems Blai already explained shoujo pretty well, but yeah, you should really give it a try (I was hesitant to branch out as well, so don't feel bad ;)). It's good if you're in the mood for something sweet or angsty/dramatic (depending on the series you choose). I'd personally say to give NANA (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=655) a try if you're looking for something on the more angsty side (plenty of comedy in here, too) or Kimi ni Todoke (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3058) for something a little lighter on the drama.

I do have to say I really have never gotten into mech based stories... but there have been exceptions to this. Full Metal Panic, I absolutely love! There are a few others that I have liked but can't seem to remember their names at the moment...
Yep, I'm the same way. :amuse Not big into mecha, but I've run into a few that I really liked. Code Geass, for example, was awesome but I found myself bored and spacing out a lot during the mecha scenes. :p

Music... I like all kinds really, but nothing too the extreme of any genres. ex: Gangsta rap - I like hip-hop more and Heavy metal - I like just rock.

Right now I just got into Elbow, they are an indie group from England. I also like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Queens of the Stone Age and Method Man & Redman... at the moment.
Rock would be my preferred music as well. ^^ Love QOTSA! They were veeery disappointing live, though. Saw them a few years back -- and maybe I caught them on a bad day -- but Josh Homme sounded like crap. :s

Hmmm.... more questions.... What's your favorite food? Do you have any guilty pleasures? :fan

ghostexiled
August 31, 2009, 11:47 PM
How about another? Hehe... :glomp

Keep em coming... no complaints here! :p

Hmmm.... more questions.... What's your favorite food? Do you have any guilty pleasures? :fan

Favorites food... wow, lets see here... I like all kinds really! But if I had to pick, I would say that I am a steak and potato kinda man. I was raised in the country, so I am a carnivore! :D

Guilty pleasures would have to be... I am a sucker for chick flicks and romantic comedies! But don't tell anyone! :p

Also I like emotional stuff (very unmanly) "Wolf's Rain" had me crying like a baby at the end of that flipping series! :s

igotthegoods
September 02, 2009, 10:56 PM
Favorites food... wow, lets see here... I like all kinds really! But if I had to pick, I would say that I am a steak and potato kinda man. I was raised in the country, so I am a carnivore! :D
:thumbs

Mmmhmm, me too. I could never be a vegetarian. I don't know how people do it. Seriously. :darn

Guilty pleasures would have to be... I am a sucker for chick flicks and romantic comedies! But don't tell anyone! :p

Also I like emotional stuff (very unmanly) "Wolf's Rain" had me crying like a baby at the end of that flipping series! :s

You like chick flicks, eh? Then what's your favorite... *thinking of stereotypical chick flick actor/actress*.... Meg Ryan movie? No wait! Your favorite Hugh Grant movie? :XD

J/k, I actually think it's good if you're in touch with your emotional side. :amuse And now I'm more convinced than ever that you need to try some shoujo! :shakefist

So, being serious this time, what *are* some of your all-time favorite movies?

ghostexiled
September 03, 2009, 05:19 PM
No wait! Your favorite Hugh Grant movie? :XD

It is funny you should say him... one of all my time favorites is "About a Boy".

So, being serious this time, what *are* some of your all-time favorite movies?

Well as mentioned above, About a Boy... would be one of them.

Lost in Translation, Garden State, Equilibrium, Groundhog Day, Leon the Professional, Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha and pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0464804/) movies.

I use to work at Blockbuster for 4 years... so I have seen aloooooooooooot of movies and there are alooooooooooot that I like. But these are some that stand out, that I can remember at the moment! :p

Koen
September 06, 2009, 05:12 PM
:thumbs

Mmmhmm, me too. I could never be a vegetarian. I don't know how people do it. Seriously. :darn

Same over here. When eating a dish, when looking at my meal (or better when looking at a vegetarian's meal), I always think: meaaaaatttttttttttt :p :p :p (or screw you :D)

Lost in Translation, Garden State, Equilibrium, Groundhog Day, Leon the Professional, Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha and pretty much all of Satoshi Kon's (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0464804/) movies.

I use to work at Blockbuster for 4 years... so I have seen aloooooooooooot of movies and there are alooooooooooot that I like. But these are some that stand out, that I can remember at the moment! :p

I liked Memoirs of a Geisha a lot. I have a cool anecdote:
I watched that movie unintentionally. I remember I saw a cool trailer of another asian movie on TV. I think, it was golden flower, cursed flower, or something like that. I said to some mates: "damned, that movie looks pretty awesome. Chinese war romance/historical movie. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, hero, etc always cool movies to see those martial arts scenes". They don't love these kind of movies as much as I do, but well I could convince them to watch it in the cinema

You had to see me after the movie. I was so happy I had mistaken myself. I loved the movie and my mates loved it too. I think they happily blamed my mistake

btw, any opinion about crash?

ghostexiled
September 07, 2009, 01:15 AM
Curse of the Golden Flower (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473444/) that was a really awesome movie, I agree! :)

btw, any opinion about crash?

Crash the movie? Which one?

This one (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/) or this one (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/)? :p

I am sure you mean the first one, if so... yeah I liked that movie! The other one was a bit too weird for me.

hdiuy
November 08, 2009, 04:25 AM
Just curious, care to list your top 10 manga that you're currently reading? I figured Bleach must be high on your list since you had an avatar of Ichigo, but then again since Reborn isn't my number 1 even though its in my signature. So yea.

ghostexiled
November 08, 2009, 12:18 PM
Just curious, care to list your top 10 manga that you're currently reading? I figured Bleach must be high on your list since you had an avatar of Ichigo, but then again since Reborn isn't my number 1 even though its in my signature. So yea.

Haha... first let me thank you for coming to this thread and asking me stuff! :) I do follow Bleach, but it is not my favorite anymore. I just thought that when Ichigo released into his new form a while back, I thought it was really cool... so I drew my interpretation of him. :)

anyway, my top mangas right now are (as in which I find really rolling with the greatness at the moment)

1. One Piece
2. Psyren
3. Reborn
4. D. Gray Man
5. Naruto
6. Fairy Tale
7. Gantz
8. Bleach

I would put Gintama for #4, but I was late to that manga and there is like 10 or so chapters around the 60th chapters that have not been scanned and translated... so I am stuck until that changes! :(

That is all at the moment... I suck at finding more and interesting manga to read. I just finished Rave and I am currently catching up with Berserk and Blade of the Immortal.

Like I have said, I am always looking for new suggestion! :)

btw, call me an idiot... but who is that in your avatar? Is is Hibari? :p

hdiuy
November 09, 2009, 04:56 AM
^ Nice. *high five* we both like One Piece as our #1. Oh and that drawing was really nice.
I'm a sucker when it comes to manga cause i don't really read much mangas. I think mainly its because i can't appreciate humour in manga, so i can't really suggest any manga to you. Well other then Samurai X and death note ,since you didn't mention here so i assume either you finished it or you didn't read it. Flame of Recca too, though i watched the anime instead of reading the manga.

Actually the guy in the avatar is the lead character in Persona 3. You're the 2nd person who said that it looks like Hibari. I first got it from a friend on MSN who said that the character was Hibari.She supposedly got the avatar after she googled Hibari. After looking at it after having it i realised that it wasn't Hibari. It was untill i saw someone with the same character as his avatar then i asked that person who the the character was. And thus that's how i knew it was the lead character from Persona 3. Its kind of ironic huh.

Evil3ye
November 10, 2009, 05:57 AM
OK, first of all I find your art is great. I like the realistic works and your style is really cool!
Haven't seen you around here on the forum tbh, what are you modding? :?bunny
What kind of music do you listen to?

ghostexiled
November 15, 2009, 09:08 AM
^ Nice. *high five* we both like One Piece as our #1. Oh and that drawing was really nice.
I'm a sucker when it comes to manga cause i don't really read much mangas. I think mainly its because i can't appreciate humour in manga, so i can't really suggest any manga to you. Well other then Samurai X and death note ,since you didn't mention here so i assume either you finished it or you didn't read it. Flame of Recca too, though i watched the anime instead of reading the manga.

High Five indeed! :)

I have seen the Samurai X and Death Note animes... but not the mangas. :p

OK, first of all I find your art is great. I like the realistic works and your style is really cool!
Haven't seen you around here on the forum tbh, what are you modding? :?bunny
What kind of music do you listen to?

Thank you for the compliments! :D

I spent a long time lurking on this website and then one day decided to partake in the discussions on the Reborn threads and soon after that they modded me for the Reborn section! :)

I make comments here and there on other sections... but Naruto, Bleach and One Piece your comments tend to get lost in the oceans of other comments, so I usually stick to commenting in the smaller mangas (ex. Reborn, Fairy Tale and Psyren)

I like all kinds of music really... but not the extremes of any. If that makes sense. :p

But if I had to choose a genre, it would be Rock. (ex. Muse, BRMC, Queens of the Stone Age... ect.)

Although I am a big Redman and Methodman fan as well... anything hip-hop, not gangsta gangsta. :)

R4n
November 17, 2009, 02:01 PM
Actually the guy in the avatar is the lead character in Persona 3. You're the 2nd person who said that it looks like Hibari. I first got it from a friend on MSN who said that the character was Hibari.She supposedly got the avatar after she googled Hibari. After looking at it after having it i realised that it wasn't Hibari. It was untill i saw someone with the same character as his avatar then i asked that person who the the character was. And thus that's how i knew it was the lead character from Persona 3. Its kind of ironic huh.

*Jumps in the conversation*
I know the guy in your avatar is the lead in Persona 3 the moment i saw it. I am quite a gamer girl, and i played P3 some time ago :D

I saw your deviantart, Ghost-san. I like your gallery =D

Are you currently working in the creative industry?

P.S. i want to recommend Ouran High Host Club, it is super hilarious. :D You can start with the anime if you want to. The anime is a very good interpretation of the manga. Some of the humour are even funnier in the anime. I will recommend the Japansed dub rather than the English dub though...

I absolutely recommend Claymore and Vagabond =D
Vagabond is too awesome. Claymore has the most beautiful and badass girls ever...

ghostexiled
November 18, 2009, 03:36 AM
I saw your deviantart, Ghost-san. I like your gallery =D

Are you currently working in the creative industry?

Thank you very much... I am not really in the creative industry, I would like to be, but it is not easy! :( I got my BA in Commercial Art - Illustration, but it is like trying to be a movie star... your are competing against ALOT of other people for good art jobs.

I have currently applied for the JET program (http://www.jetprogramme.org/index.html) this year and I am hoping to get in. Cause I have always wanted to visit/live in Japan and the other Asian countries. It gets boring staying in America... :p

So right now I just do art in my spare time. :)

and... Thank you for your recommendations as well I will give those a look!

R4n
November 18, 2009, 04:50 AM
^

I only read the introduction of the JET programme, sounds interesting (eventhough i actually don't really know what it is about). Hope you get in, good luck :)

One way to promote your works is... to enter competitions, i guess =D

Osamu Tezuka is amazing. I know some of his works are published in English (i forget the publisher). Buddha by Tezuka is one of the most mind blowing manga i have ever read, most of the mangas i had read pale in comparison to it. (in my opinion)... ok, i think i recommend too many mangas already. :)

ghostexiled
November 18, 2009, 06:03 AM
Thank you for your good luck casting! :p

The JET program is a program set up by the Japanese government in which they have countries that are first language English speaking, spend a year or more in Japan teaching English to the Japanese public schools.

It is a way to live abroad for a while and get cultured. :)

I would enter contests.... but I am really lazy and very good at procrastination, unless I have a real motivator going for me. It is something that I am trying to work on...

Bugzee
December 04, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hello ghostexiled!

What are some of your likes & dislikes?

ghostexiled
December 07, 2009, 08:52 AM
Yo JinbeiDMaster!

You're hitting me with the broad stroke here, huh?

hrmmm...

Likes: art, manga, anime, all kinds of music, movies, open mindedness, sense of humor, steak, sleeping, daydreaming, thinking to much and some other things that I can't think of at the moment. :p

Dislikes: politics, close-mindedness, the extreme sides of any music genres, haters, brussel sprouts, unnecessary loud things, getting older and being sleepy. :)

Bugzee
December 08, 2009, 02:00 AM
I like steaks as well hahaha :XD

Are you done with your christmas shopping?

thornofcarrion
December 08, 2009, 02:06 AM
Hello Ghost Budddy!

Never been here before. Hope all is good in life. Whats your favorite past time activity?

igotthegoods
December 08, 2009, 02:27 AM
Surprise attack! :tackle

:XD

Boy, I haven't talked to you in a while. ^^; How have you been, ghostie? Are you working on any new pieces these days? And since I recall that you're a QOTSA fan, have you heard the new album from Them Crooked Vultures? What'd you think of it?

ghostexiled
December 09, 2009, 02:18 AM
I like steaks as well hahaha :XD

Are you done with your christmas shopping?

I am lucky really in the regards that I have a small family and since we have no children to appease for the Christmas, we don't exchange gifts anymore. We just get together for a nice family Christmas dinner! :)

Hello Ghost Budddy!

Never been here before. Hope all is good in life. Whats your favorite past time activity?

Well Welcome! Welcome! :)

Life is as good as it can get at the moment... trying to find a job since I got laid off about 2 months. But I am hoping that I can accepted into program that I recently applied for, which will allow me to travel to Japan and teach English. :) Fingers crossed!

Anyway, favorite past time (at the moment) is watching a crap load of movies and trying to get some new art done. I am also in the middle of playing "Assassin's Creed 2". So right now I am just bumming around! :p

Surprise attack! :tackle

:XD

Boy, I haven't talked to you in a while. ^^; How have you been, ghostie? Are you working on any new pieces these days? And since I recall that you're a QOTSA fan, have you heard the new album from Them Crooked Vultures? What'd you think of it?

Woah! you just broke my hip with that surprise attack! :D

It has been awhile, hasn't it? I have been trying to get more involved on here... I just don't where all the action is going down the most on here, other than me making sure my section doesn't explode! :p

I am doing great... just hating this midwestern winter going on here now... :mad and like I mentioned looking for a jorb.

I am actually in the process of finishing a piece that I have been working on for a week now. should be done in the next couple of days. :)

No I did not hear about that side band the lead singer was doing... I will have to check it out! Lately, I have been listening to Goldfrapp and Massive Attack... good stuff to listen too when I am working on art.
[hr]
Just listened to "Them Crooked Vultures" and I am digging it! Thanks for telling me about it IGTG! :D

igotthegoods
December 09, 2009, 02:40 AM
Woah! you just broke my hip with that surprise attack! :D
Sorry! Got carried away. :sweat How about a nice, gentle hug this time? :hug

I am doing great... just hating this midwestern winter going on here now... :mad and like I mentioned looking for a jorb.
Ugh, tell me about this weather! I got shipped out to one of the far north suburbs to work tonight and had to drive both ways in this crappy slush we've got going on right now. Luckily it was just for one day, but still not fun. :notrust

But I shouldn't complain. I'm really sorry to hear about your job situation. :( It'll all work out in the end, though, I'm sure. Good luck with your search and your applications to that program in Japan. That sounds like a really cool opportunity!

I am actually in the process of finishing a piece that I have been working on for a week now. should be done in the next couple of days. :)
Sweet! Can't wait to see it. :D

Just listened to "Them Crooked Vultures" and I am digging it! Thanks for telling me about it IGTG! :D
Hey, no prob. Glad you like it. ^^

ghostexiled
December 09, 2009, 02:59 AM
Sorry! Got carried away. :sweat How about a nice, gentle hug this time? :hug

Thanks... my old body just can't handle things it use to be able too! :p

But I shouldn't complain. I'm really sorry to hear about your job situation. :( It'll all work out in the end, though, I'm sure. Good luck with your search and your applications to that program in Japan. That sounds like a really cool opportunity!

No biggie... I was not really loving the job that much... the only thing is not having that money there. Thanks for the luck wishing! Yeah I have been wanting to do the program for about 5 years... so I finally decided to give it a shot! It is really competitive, so I need all the luck I can get! :)

Sweet! Can't wait to see it. :D

It might be uploaded tomorrow! Also, follow the link in my sig to vote on what fanart I should do next!

Hey, no prob. Glad you like it. ^^

I do... it is a very nice! :)

Mushashi
December 12, 2009, 04:46 AM
i really find your art and renders amazing, your sigg jumped out at me 0.0 keep up the good work its awsome :D

ghostexiled
December 12, 2009, 06:16 AM
i really find your art and renders amazing, your sigg jumped out at me 0.0 keep up the good work its awsome :D

Thank you very much! I am trying to get one piece done a week. I am about finished with one and I am also getting votes on what fanart I should do next. :)

Evil3ye
December 12, 2009, 07:16 AM
what fragrances do you use? >.>

Mushashi
December 12, 2009, 06:31 PM
weird >.<^

Ghost im trying to do the same style art you do trying to render gutz 3d but atm he really isnt looking to good, any suggestions?

ghostexiled
December 13, 2009, 04:13 AM
what fragrances do you use? >.>

Haha... I have never been asked that one before. To be honest, I am not a fan of cologne. But when I do feel the need to smell all sexy like, I use axe body spray.

Ghost im trying to do the same style art you do trying to render gutz 3d but atm he really isnt looking to good, any suggestions?

hrmmm... well there are many answers to your question. There is the always tried and true, just keep practicing.

But I can tell you how I learned to work is go to deviantart.com and look up some tutorials and/or go to Youtube and do the same.

My way of doing art is:

first draw it out, then decide how you want to present the subject happy, sad, angry and so on. By selecting your colors, you are setting the mood. Then you assign flat colors to it. Now what I do for the flat colors is I lay down the dark tones first and then build my way up to the light tones.

There are 3 tones you have to present in your pic, Dark, Mid and light. Check out this link and watch how this artist does it. The tutorial is broken up into 6 vids. I have posted the first and the rest are on the guys account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf2uTlqoxEI&feature=related

I hope this helps you!

Mushashi
December 13, 2009, 06:21 AM
thanks heaps ghost im watching them all now and finding it quite helpful thanks alot i guess ill just keep practicing :D

ghostexiled
December 13, 2009, 06:23 AM
thanks heaps ghost im watching them all now and finding it quite helpful thanks alot i guess ill just keep practicing :D

No problem at all! I am glad I could help you out. :)

Mushashi
December 13, 2009, 06:26 AM
No problem at all! I am glad I could help you out. :)

Hehehe ;)

thornofcarrion
December 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

ghostexiled
December 25, 2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

blai
December 25, 2009, 01:21 PM
Nice avatar/sig combo. Are they fanart or from a manga?

ghostexiled
December 25, 2009, 02:12 PM
Nice avatar/sig combo. Are they fanart or from a manga?

Thanks! No they are straight up original characters that I created. :)

you can see them in their full glory on my deviantart account.

Evil3ye
December 25, 2009, 05:21 PM
Merry christmas ghost.

Ya really good with the realistic/plastic art style. I wish I would have such kills aswell *points at the failed try in the ava :tem*
how long did you work on your latest picture?

Kaiten
December 25, 2009, 05:29 PM
Merry Christmas Ghost!

blai
December 25, 2009, 05:40 PM
Oh, wow, they are really good! You should be proud of them! (and I guess you are, hence why you're using them).

ghostexiled
December 26, 2009, 02:08 AM
Merry christmas ghost.

Ya really good with the realistic/plastic art style. I wish I would have such kills aswell *points at the failed try in the ava :tem*
how long did you work on your latest picture?

Merry Christmas to you, as well! :)

Plastic? Thank you for the compliments!

Just keep at it, and you're bound it get better at it. I have been doing art my entire life and I am close to being 30 now! :(

Make sure to go and vote on what fanart you would like me to do next... there is a link in my sig! :)

My newest one (being the nude lady) took about 3 days.

Merry Christmas Ghost!

Merry Christmas, Kaiten.Sama!! Hope you got what you wanted! :)

Oh, wow, they are really good! You should be proud of them! (and I guess you are, hence why you're using them).

Thanks, Blai! I am in some ways! :p

I am always trying to get better so each piece I do, I see a little improvement over the last one! :)

Make sure to vote through the link in my sig!

Evil3ye
December 26, 2009, 03:36 AM
Done =D

Votes for Bleach of course (haha) but wouldn't mind if you'd work on a Fairy Tail aswell ;) but apparently Reborn is ahead anyway, a manga I still havenot read ;/

ghostexiled
December 26, 2009, 04:02 AM
Sweet!

It is a really kick ass manga! It takes it a while to get serious and sorta starts out as a nonsense comedy. But it has completely transformed into a pretty awesome action packed manga! :)

blai
December 26, 2009, 07:40 AM
I don't have DArt so I can't vote. :/ But I'd say HR. Bleach is soooo "done that". It's startng to get boring to watch bleach fanart nowadays because there's sooo much of it.

ghostexiled
December 26, 2009, 09:06 AM
Well I added the poll onto this thread here, Blai! So go make your vote official! :)

Evil3ye
December 26, 2009, 06:18 PM
I don't have DArt so I can't vote. :/ But I'd say HR. Bleach is soooo "done that". It's startng to get boring to watch bleach fanart nowadays because there's sooo much of it.
Hmm.. I disagree. I feel more like there's 70-80% of Naruto tho Bleach may be the next big batch, besides OP.

Voted for FT in here. Also a manga with a hell lot of awesome characters. And I'd die to see your version of someone like Erza Scarlet ;)

ghostexiled
December 27, 2009, 05:55 AM
I still follow Bleach and have to admit the story is doing better... but for a while there, I was getting pretty annoyed with it.

I am dealing with some people taking my Ichigo Mask that I created and making some small changes to it and then posting it as their own work!! That kinda shit pisses me off! :mad

I love FT cause it is such a playful manga... it does not get too bogged down in worthless crap.

Koen
December 27, 2009, 06:48 AM
hey,

Ghost - a question that's be popping up recently in my mind:

Are you a fortuneteller? Why? Well I don't know but coincidentally your nick has a great link with the exiled Ghost from reborn :D

ghostexiled
December 27, 2009, 07:07 AM
Haha... I wish I was! :p

The name was, at first, Exiled Ghost... but somethings came up to where I had to change it around to what it currently is. :)

Bugzee
December 27, 2009, 09:31 AM
Hey, ghostexiled! How are you doing?

Hope you and your family had a super christmas! :thumbs

blai
December 27, 2009, 10:30 AM
Voted for HR because I'd love to see your version of Lambo or Kyoya Hibari :D

I think your versions'd be awesome, since imo those character fits pretty well with your own style.

Akiyama
December 28, 2009, 05:32 AM
I voted for One Piece. It's a 3 way tie right now. What do you like most about manga? (vague question)

Evil3ye
December 28, 2009, 07:49 AM
Do you prefer drawing men or women :amuse
or which one is easier for you to work with

ghostexiled
December 28, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hey, ghostexiled! How are you doing?

Hope you and your family had a super christmas! :thumbs

I am doing fine! :) I am just being lazy and hoping that 2010 is the year of CHANGE for me!

Thank you for the holiday greetings! Hope you had a great one as well! :)

Voted for HR because I'd love to see your version of Lambo or Kyoya Hibari :D

I think your versions'd be awesome, since imo those character fits pretty well with your own style.

I was actually thinking if KHR won I would draw Hibari or XX! :p

I voted for One Piece. It's a 3 way tie right now. What do you like most about manga? (vague question)

I see... hrmmm. We gotta get some more votes up in this hizzy! :p

Well the first thing that attracted me to them was the art... since I am an artist. But the second thing was finding out that the animes took liberties of editing out certain stuff/character from it, thus making me curious why. Then third, the story had to be interesting... of course!

Do you prefer drawing men or women :amuse
or which one is easier for you to work with

I love drawing women... but they are also the hardest for me to draw. So more times than I should, I just draw dudes. They are easier cause they don't have curves and pretty faces. :p

My all time favorite artist is Alphonse Mucha. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonse_Mucha)

Koen
December 28, 2009, 10:20 AM
I have a (silly) question:

Do you compare drawing with math? Let me explain the comparison: I have always had the feeling never being good in math - how hard I tried. My math teacher always said that everyone can be good in math as long as you try hard and do your best. The same goes for drawing: when I end up drawing, I always end up in drawing vague, abstract figures which are given a meaning by the viewer. I can't end up drawing something nice and concrete.

So can it be taught? or is it a talent inherent to someone?

ghostexiled
December 28, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have a (silly) question:

Do you compare drawing with math? Let me explain the comparison: I have always had the feeling never being good in math - how hard I tried. My math teacher always said that everyone can be good in math as long as you try hard and do your best. The same goes for drawing: when I end up drawing, I always end up in drawing vague, abstract figures which are given a meaning by the viewer. I can't end up drawing something nice and concrete.

So can it be taught? or is it a talent inherent to someone?

Very interesting question there...

First let me tell you that I am HORRIBLE at math. Now I don't know if that was because I really never cared for it, thus making it so that I never practiced it. But math is kryptonite to me. :)

I just never got it or was interested in it... so I can not tell you if your practice math you would get better.

Now on to art. There are 2 different artist in the world... those with God given talent to be able to create whatever the heck they want without any kind of proper training or practice. Then there is the ones who are not talented right out the womb.

I like to think of myself as stuck somewhere between these 2 different artist. When I was younger, I was praised for the things I drew and whatnot. As I grew older I found that the praise was not around as much.

Even though I have a BA degree in Commercial Art - Illustration, I don't think I really learned that much in my time in college. The problem lies in the fact that I did not go to one of these expensive art schools that do teach you everything you need to know... I went to a regular college that had a decent art program.

My major should of prepared me for what the illustration world was like today! But it did not... it taught me what the illustration world was like 15 years ago. So digital illustration and graphic design was not taught to me, I would have to learn this stuff on my own outside of college.

So anyway... I went off the topic a bit there. Yes it can be learned... but it has to be taught in the correct ways. Also, with anything out there... there will always be people that are natural born talents in things.

I knew a handful of natural born artist during my time in college. I found that they usually threw away their talents because they are bored with them, they have done it since they were small and it no longer offers a challenge to them. So their talents usually waste away...

Not saying this happens to all of them... just most.

I hope that gave you some insight! :)

Bugzee
December 28, 2009, 10:44 AM
Yea thanks I did! :D

:headscratch ..change hey in 2010..hmm :XD I kinda have the same problem! :XD

ghostexiled
December 28, 2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah well my oldest dog died this year and I also got laid off of my job... so this year sucked majorly!! I am hoping my application to the JET program is successful! :)

Bugzee
December 28, 2009, 12:34 PM
Good luck ghostexiled! :thumbs

I hope 2010 holds a lot of joy and happiness for you! :) *strippers!!!! :strip* I joke!!! :XD

:shifty

ghostexiled
December 28, 2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks JinbeiDMaster!! :D

I will ditto that for you! :)

Bugzee
December 28, 2009, 08:21 PM
No problem :thumbs ghostexiled *damn it, I need make a nick name for you :XD :plot*

igotthegoods
December 29, 2009, 01:29 AM
Just voted in your poll! :amuse I was going to choose Fairy Tail, but went with OP to avoid the 3-way tie. Can't wait to see whatever you end up doing. <3

So, ghostie, what are your favorite TV shows? Do you watch anything regularly?

ghostexiled
December 29, 2009, 02:33 AM
ah yes... thank you for voting and not causing yet another draw! :p

Let's see... I watch:

Chuck, Dexter, Fringe, Lost, Supernatural, Smallville, South Park, 30 Rock, Community, The Office and then of course the weekly anime releases.

I also like House, but I fell behind on watching the show.

btw, I see you are a Gintama fan... I had started reading that manga but then there was a huge chunk of scans that are missing (something like 20 or so chapters) somewhere around the 80th chapter... I think.

anyway, do you know where I could find a great and reliable site where I can read all the chapters?

igotthegoods
December 30, 2009, 02:15 AM
ah yes... thank you for voting and not causing yet another draw! :p
No prob. :lovebunny

Let's see... I watch:

Chuck, Dexter, Fringe, Lost, Supernatural, Smallville, South Park, 30 Rock, Community, The Office and then of course the weekly anime releases.

I also like House, but I fell behind on watching the show.
I love most of these! :amuse Haven't watched Chuck, Supernatural, or Smallville, but I've heard good things about them. And I'm waaay behind on Dexter. I keep meaning to get back into it, but somehow I always get distracted with something else. :darn

So, are you psyched for the Lost season premiere, or what? :nuts Who's your favorite Lost character?

btw, I see you are a Gintama fan... I had started reading that manga but then there was a huge chunk of scans that are missing (something like 20 or so chapters) somewhere around the 80th chapter... I think.

anyway, do you know where I could find a great and reliable site where I can read all the chapters?
I wish I knew! :crying Sadly, it seems as there are still gaps in the scans. Gintama is very episodic, though, so it's not that big of a deal in following the story. I fully realize that, but I'm the type of person that HATES skipping anything, so I haven't read that much of the manga, tbh. I've mostly watched the anime, which is fantastic. Do you watch it?

ghostexiled
December 30, 2009, 01:59 PM
So, are you psyched for the Lost season premiere, or what? :nuts Who's your favorite Lost character?

Yes I am! The way it ended last season... man! I gotta know what is going to happen! My favorite was killed off! :p Echo was the man! :) But I would have to say Sawyer is the new man!

I am also pumped for Chuck to come back on! It really is a great show... for nerds! :p

I have watched the first few episodes of Gintama... but I was wanting to get caught up on the manga before I watched anymore. I guess that is not going to happen anytime soon! :(

Akiyama
January 01, 2010, 12:42 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/new-year-men-7-2009.gif

Kaiten
January 01, 2010, 12:57 AM
Happy New Years Ghost!!!

thornofcarrion
January 01, 2010, 01:00 AM
<<::Happy New Year::>>

ghostexiled
January 01, 2010, 01:25 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/new-year-men-7-2009.gif

:blink uh... Thanks! Happy New Years to you too! :)

Happy New Years Ghost!!!

Thank you! Happy New Years to you as well!

<<::Happy New Year::>>

Thanks! Happy New Year to you!

Evil3ye
January 01, 2010, 05:31 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XGgCGxs9uQY/R3qbLHKDDdI/AAAAAAAAASA/x6kpLq6PG74/s1600/HappyNewYear.jpg

ghostexiled
January 01, 2010, 05:41 AM
Thank you, Evil3ye! Hope you had a great one as well!

Evil3ye
January 01, 2010, 05:53 AM
Was not that bad yeah.. got drunk at 6pm already.. i thought I wouldn't make it until 12, but it all go went well :d
how was yours?

Bugzee
January 04, 2010, 12:08 AM
Happy New Year exiled one!!!!! :amuse

:beer

ghostexiled
January 04, 2010, 03:53 AM
Thanks... Jinbei one! :p

Happy New Year to you too!

thornofcarrion
January 04, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hey Ghost!

How did you come up with the name?
What do you do in your spare time?
You like reading books?

ghostexiled
January 04, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Ghost!

How did you come up with the name?
What do you do in your spare time?
You like reading books?

Yo, TOC!

I kinda discussed a bit a few pages back over the origin of my name. :)

But to sum it up, it was a name that came into being through teenage angst! :p

Well right now I have tons of spare time, cause I was laid off of my job back in September... so I watch a crap load of movies, anime and tv shows. Also do some art when I am motivated to do so. Right now where I live, it is buried under snow... so can't really go out and do things.

I never have been a book reader... I read back when I was younger, but these days not so much. :)

Bugzee
January 04, 2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks! New Year celebrations were freaking awesome for me! :nuts :XD

From your experiences on MH, who do you think is the most helpful mod??? :blink :amuse

Which mod do you think needs to be more active??? :amuse

ghostexiled
January 04, 2010, 05:21 PM
^well the one who has helped me the most would definitely have to be koenosaki! :D

But there have been other mods that have helped me out as well!

I am not really sure which mod needs to be more active. I am bad at getting into the mod hang out areas and what not... so I can't really say who is not on as much. Why... who would you say?

blai
January 05, 2010, 08:25 AM
I am not really sure which mod needs to be more active. I am bad at getting into the mod hang out areas and what not... so I can't really say who is not on as much.

Quote for truth

ghostexiled
January 16, 2010, 01:14 AM
^Hey... I am trying here! :D
[hr]
Alright looks like "One Piece" winner! Don't worry people that voted for "Hitman Reborn"... that one won on the poll that I was running on Deviantart.com.

btw, can someone tell me how to remove the poll now that it is over?

igotthegoods
January 16, 2010, 03:51 AM
Woohoo! I voted for the winner. :D Can't wait to see your new OP fanart. Any idea who/what you will draw?

(And I'll PM you about removing the poll. ;))

ghostexiled
January 16, 2010, 04:44 AM
I have not thought about much yet... I do know what I am going to do with the Hitman Reborn fanart that won over on my deviantart account.

It is going to be Genkishi vs. Yamamoto. :D

I am open for ideas on it though! :)

btw, thanks for the telling me about how to get the poll off!

Bugzee
January 16, 2010, 09:57 AM
o0o0oh :whoo yay One Piece won :Gaipose

I'm going to check out a few panels and get back to you on that one ghostE :thumbs

edit: hey ghostE!!! How about this panel (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v55/c569/9.html)??? :blink :nuts

thornofcarrion
January 18, 2010, 03:29 AM
Ghost, are you a serious person in daily life or a fun loving guy?

ghostexiled
January 18, 2010, 03:59 AM
Ghost, are you a serious person in daily life or a fun loving guy?

I consider myself a seriously fun loving guy! :p

but really, I hardly take anything seriously... but that does not mean I don't take things responsibly. I just decide not to stress out about the things that I have no control over. :)

Bugzee
January 19, 2010, 05:08 AM
So0o0o ghostE, have you decided on what One Piece panel/pic your going to work on??? :blink

ghostexiled
January 25, 2010, 08:24 PM
^Not yet... I have been working on the Reborn! Fanart that won over on my Deviantart account. That poll took place before this one. :)

But I have a few ideas! A hint for you guys is it will be Luffy vs. ? :D
[hr]
here it is, my fanart for Hitman Reborn!

Check it out! (http://ghostexiled.deviantart.com/art/Tragedy-of-the-Mist-151769601)

Let me know what you think!

Xadyu
January 25, 2010, 09:00 PM
I don't even remember who that guy is, lol.

But the art looks good! :)

ghostexiled
January 25, 2010, 11:10 PM
This is him:

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/198/01/

and thanks! :D
[hr]
btw, I can't stop playing against this thing... he has guessed every manga character I think of! :p

http://us.akinator.com/#

Akiyama
January 26, 2010, 12:11 AM
woooo hoooo, I'm glad you found about akinator too. :hi5
My favorite real people he got right
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/levi.jpghttp://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/malia.jpg

manga
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/lagseeing.jpghttp://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/akiyamacorrect.jpgand impressive art you have there, love his yellow eyes. :thumbs

ghostexiled
January 26, 2010, 12:30 AM
woooo hoooo, I'm glad you found about akinator too. :hi5

Yeah I can't stop messing with the guy. He even has guessed obscure manga characters... freaky!

and impressive art you have there, love his yellow eyes. :thumbs

Thanks, I'm_Akiyama! I busted my ass for 3 weeks on him! I am going to start the "One Piece" fanart that won on here, in the next few days. Gotta let my drawing hand rest. :p

Bugzee
January 26, 2010, 09:51 AM
o0o0o0oh :blink :clap well done ghostE :clap

It looks great :thumbs

thornofcarrion
January 26, 2010, 01:22 PM
Nice work Ghost. The darker looks gives a mysterious and cold impression.

ghostexiled
January 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
o0o0o0oh :blink :clap well done ghostE :clap

It looks great :thumbs
Thank you very much! :D

Nice work Ghost. The darker looks gives a mysterious and cold impression.

Thank you very much! Based off your saying there, I succeeded in creating the Mist man. :)

igotthegoods
January 27, 2010, 01:30 AM
ghostie, love the new fanart! Your style really suits the character. :luv

And dangit! I haven't been able to stump akinator yet either. I'm going to try some more obscure characters. I'll get him! :shakefist

ghostexiled
January 27, 2010, 01:36 AM
^Thank a lot, IGTG!! :D

I have tried tricking it with obscure characters as well... but he knows! HE KNOWS EVERYTHING! :p

Akiyama
February 07, 2010, 01:02 AM
this just happened to be my next in line, as far as doing fanart! :D
:notrust You just had to enter the One Piece art contest.
It's WAR!!!!! The best thing about this contest is that it can be anything as long as it's creative. You'll do your fancy lines and precise shading but mine is unique. So I can have 1st and you 2nd. That's sounds like a plan. It's on like donkey kong. :yelling

Who are you cheering for today in the Super Bowl?

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 02:26 AM
Yeah well I have to let you young kids know who the king is around these parts. Don't worry, buddy... I will take pictures of my old ass holding the prizes and send them to you! :D

I don't really follow sports and all... but I am going to have to root with the tried and true, Colts.

Akiyama
February 07, 2010, 03:29 AM
Give me some reasons on why I should start reading Reborn?
Why is it so hard to draw hands?
What state do you live in?

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 03:40 AM
Reasons to read Reborn... well to be blunt, it starts off really slow and aimlessly with what they call the "Everyday Life" arcs. So at first it started as a comedy but then it slowly starts taking on a more serious action tone. I think it starts to become a interesting manga due to the fact that it is something completely different from your run of the mill shounen.

The personalities of the characters are unique and I don't feel they fall into a stereotypical shounen mold.

It deals with some really strong stuff, like suicide and abandonment and how friendship can allow a person to change for the better.

Besides all that deep stuff, it has some really awesome action scenes later on it the manga. :)

Hands are a pain in the ass... I think they are this way due to the infinite positions that they can be put in. Each finger (in a way) has it's own character, so in a sense it would be like trying to draw 5 different people. :D

I live in Kansas City, Missouri.

How about you, where is it you live?

Akiyama
February 07, 2010, 03:54 AM
You live in a very big city while I live in a small semi-rural town called Thomasville, NC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomasville,_NC), former home to the World's Largest Chair.

If you find a wallet with $100 with no ID and just a card with a phone number. What would you do?
Do you wear contacts or glasses? If not I take it 20/20 vision?
Have any pet peeves?

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 04:09 AM
Well I actually live in a smaller city that is on the skirts of KC, called Independence, MO. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence,_mo) But it is about 10 miles from where I live to downtown.

I was actually born in Fayetteville, NC. But since my ex-stepfather was in the military we moved around quite a bit.

Well to be honest, that sounds like some shit that would end up being some plot to a movie like Eagle Eye (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059786/) or The box. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362478/) So, I would just take the money and forget about the number and save my ass some crazy ass troubles. :)

I don't wear any glasses or contacts... but I should. My vision is starting to become near sighted. But at the moment I am jobless and have no insurance to get what I need.

Pet Peeves... being called names in an immature fashion. I don't like my food to mix or touch. People that lie to me and suck at it. "Better than thou" attitudes. People that whistle in public. Uninformed people. People at the movies who can't shut the fuck up or not kick your seat. people who put words in my mouth. People who drives trucks, vans and SUV's during snowstorms cause they think they rule the road and speed and ride your ass.

I could go on... but that would be another one of them, people who complain to much. :p

Akiyama
February 07, 2010, 04:31 AM
Was the box movie any good?
Which is better Cameron Diaz in Carlie's Angels or There's Something About Mary?

I've been to Fort Bragg once. It was with my high school band. The theme for our marching band was military, all of us dressed up in camouflage army uniform. (may look for pics if I have any) The music was Marine band songs and I think we had a version on the star spangled banner. We played at an air show where they have the Thunderbirds and other crazy flying stunts. Everyone else was more interested in the real attraction and after the air show they walked straight to the exit, passing by us like we didn't even exist. >.<

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 04:36 AM
I have yet to see it, I just remember the trailer for it was very similar to your hypothetical question. :)

definitely Cameron from There's something about Mary!!

I did band for a mila second back in 6th grade. I tried and failed to play the alto sax.

btw, like my new thread title? :p

Akiyama
February 07, 2010, 04:44 AM
I do enjoy the new thread title but the only thing we will be mourning is me fainting after realizing I won 1st place.

A wager would make this contest even better. Something on the lines of MH embarrassment, I'll sleep on ideas. But no punishment if both 1st and 2nd is held by us, most likely

Come on, only strangers call me I'm_Akiyama, you can call me Akiyama or Aki. ^_^

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 04:49 AM
yeah you faint from winning and then you wake up and realize the stone cold reality of being my bitch! :p

Well whatever you think you are willing to do for your punishment for losing I am more than happy to see!

Gotcha... I don't enjoy trying to come up with nicknames for people. :)

Evil3ye
February 07, 2010, 07:25 AM
Oh nice. So you two are entering one contest? Hah this could turn into a funny catfight, yeah :D
However, don't forget that Evil friendship 3ye win anyway :p

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 09:05 AM
More like a dog (me) slaughtering a cat (Aki) fight! :p

here is some music for you guys to chew on from me... warning this list is random and HUGE! :)

But hopefully you will find some new music from it!

Deichkind - Limit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUbOqPpzo7Q)
Greens Keepers - Lotion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ToNZHG5KHw)
Kenna- Sun Red Sky Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVRBTRlebjY)
La Roux - In For The Kill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5GdutCRo8)
Brothers Martin - The Missionary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtOTuv3wMX0)
Nujabes - Love sic part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxgpHWtLC0)
Prong - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzB-VG7YXw)
Metric - Sick Muse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEz8N8AT-yo)
Vast - Pretty When You Cry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOZ6ptqcbUc)
Nine Inch Nails - Everyday Is Exactly The Same (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aj9_8t1eQc)
Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG8fugqFn9Q)
Queens Of The Stone Age - In My Head (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69e8oa85F3g)
Gorillaz - Gravity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTUeLEdMVgU&feature=fvw)
Champion - No Heaven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwPyNOhXFd0)
Fun Lovin´ Criminals - Big night out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5oqK3HX598)
Chemical Brothers - The Test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDe6MZQjpho)
Sugar Ray - Mean Machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL5LV9PVZ8&feature=related)
Deftones - Bored (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-kMVqLdf8&feature=PlayList&p=CABED3D7CA2EEBA6&index=4)
The Tea Party - Temptation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzQX2i6mwo&feature=PlayList&p=506716C76EEA9E1C&index=2)
Supersystem - White Light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgzgmUnkIb0)
The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bpusvRyyJI)
Massive Attack - Angel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaef2NgwqHY)
Chikinki - Ether Radio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu6kDOBqNi8)
Hum - Green To Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uduQGhj9uoQ&feature=PlayList&p=751A51D8AC0C83EB&index=1)
Ken - Wake City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_bI0OeL520&feature=PlayList&p=C82A5D6CF34F6B0C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24)
God Lives Underwater - From Your Mouth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yrlw8FuJko)
Helmet - Unsung (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfygUiS50g)
Jawbox - Static (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIthIJ_PaU&feature=related)
Filter- jurassitol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0tvgOKVrs)
Stone Temple Pilots-Heaven and Hot Rods (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0mJgfYd4iE)
METHOD MAN & REDMAN - Ayo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjtc2MhYS2k)
K-Os - Man I Used To Run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZXHKYQrro&feature=related)
Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDfSZ_6f4U)
Talib Kweli - Back Up Offa Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9PnQSNjoeI)
Outkast - Happy Valentine's Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gq0sRCrcPg)
Goldfrapp - Happiness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So93Iny2HWI)
Travis - Side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW_SR7SgiE)
Paloalto - Last Way Out Of Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdXZfaD78lY)
Elbow - Any Day Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMPIbx6SU5o&feature=PlayList&p=AC9571488ED775A8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32)
Franz Ferdinand - Twilight Omens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQoHn044KE)
Naked Ape - Fashion Freak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQez6n48u0)
Placebo - Meds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eh0rAUwZSQ)
Marcy Playground - Saint Joe on the Schoolbus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5kEmY06Zk)
Eels - Lucky Day in Hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gx4Qq48how)
Eisley - Invasion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKprch2ywJY&feature=channel)
OK Go - Get Over It (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tl-c1PusrM)
Sugarcult - Over (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKaMsM_mWlc)
Stereophonics - Devil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nsaG5Sm5BY&feature=PlayList&p=E27B0BE0BAC51AAF&index=11)
Innerpartysystem - Don't Stop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmmM5NdW88&feature=related)
Kanye West - Gold Digger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY)
Snoop Dogg - Signs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pu9EYv1HBc)
Shiny Toy Guns - You Are The One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFSmvZRLZWU)
Local H Half-Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcJ1Ym4_g30)
Jimmy Eat World - Pain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaP6KgwbOvo&feature=channel)
TV On The Radio - Golden Age (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wTHxUl9WdQ)
The Outline - Death to our enemies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFnwtUNEp0I)
m-flo loves DOPING PANDA - she loves the CREAM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3eK5qnFZrQ)
Grand National - Talk Amongst Yourselves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxpjpgyO0o)
We Are Scientists - Can't lose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_jryTxv2W0)
Brand New - Jesus Christ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A36I4L31Hzc)
Ringside Struggle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLfDpsnSN1o)
The Automatic - Monster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELlSl5dSRk)
Beck - Cellphone's Dead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGCwUoKWcxs)
Quarashi - Race City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFenapvv2TA)
Ol' Dirty Bastard-Shimmy Shimmy Ya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITLNzPoEqs)
Tripping Daisy - Trip Along (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQSPcMtP7xU)
The Toadies - Away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTUAgU4d8w)
The Urge - Brainless (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j93mD1u55nI&feature=channel)
Apex Theory - Apossibly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRv2vR0cKUs&feature=PlayList&p=904F48FB190DE2F8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=56)
Supergrass - Late In The Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OtAx05u7E0)

Evil3ye
February 07, 2010, 09:16 AM
But you're right. Your list really is quite multifarious, covers almost all music genres.. Could not find any pop bands/artists in there though <.<

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 09:20 AM
well the pop songs stay hidden... guilty pleasures stay with me! :D

riki
February 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
:lmao Your thread title is hilarious (sorry, Austin)!

BTW, I saw your gallery and you're very talented. :thumbs Good luck with the art contest!

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 09:33 AM
^Thanks... I think it is best to go ahead and let people know that Aki will be dominated in this contest! :)

Thank you very much! :D

Bugzee
February 07, 2010, 12:58 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOL! :XD ghostE knows how to pick a good thread title for sure! :D

*Good luck Aki :s*

Evil3ye
February 07, 2010, 01:47 PM
well the pop songs stay hidden... guilty pleasures stay with me! :D
Why's it so embarrassing to like pop music? D:
I kinda feel like all these mangafan + jrock cliché is way more painful, but meh

Haha ghost. guess I know you're little secret now http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/tomaflirt.gif

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 01:51 PM
It is not embarrassing at all... I did have a pop song or two in there. you will just have to watch/listen to all of them to find them. :p

Keep in mind though, what we americans consider pop may differ from what other countries consider it.

well I am not one to worry about what others think. But cherish that secret cause it may be the only one you will ever know! :D

M3J
February 07, 2010, 11:13 PM
You gonna read the Expanded Universe?

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 11:19 PM
probably not any time soon.

All I know about the expanded universe is that Luke went to the dark side for a while. The Emporer was cloned. Han Solo and Princess Leia had kids that become Jedis and Luke got together with another Jedi and they had kids as well.

I wiki the shit outta of stuff I am interested in but am too lazy to actually read/see or play. :p

M3J
February 07, 2010, 11:23 PM
They have one kid, Luke and Mara did.

Read it though, it's interesting. Mara and Ben's personalities are quite cool.

ghostexiled
February 07, 2010, 11:30 PM
I will try! :D

You should read Reborn.

Right now though I am preparing for Aki's memorial service. Hope you can make it!

M3J
February 08, 2010, 12:46 AM
What's good about Reborn?

I will. I can poke Aki in the eyes. :D

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 12:52 AM
I will quote myself from when Aki asked me about it. :)

Reasons to read Reborn... well to be blunt, it starts off really slow and aimlessly with what they call the "Everyday Life" arcs. So at first it started as a comedy but then it slowly starts taking on a more serious action tone. I think it starts to become a interesting manga due to the fact that it is something completely different from your run of the mill shounen.

The personalities of the characters are unique and I don't feel they fall into a stereotypical shounen mold.

It deals with some really strong stuff, like suicide and abandonment and how friendship can allow a person to change for the better.

Besides all that deep stuff, it has some really awesome action scenes later on it the manga. :)

Awesome! I say poke one eye and splash hot sauce in the other! ;bash

M3J
February 08, 2010, 01:04 AM
Reminds me of Naruto and Yu Yu Hakusho. :O

Done! You splash, I poke.

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 01:15 AM
Naruto before it became "Sasuke", sure thing!

Yu Yu minus the dbz type stuff.

Nice... he will never know what hit him! :kukuku

Akiyama
February 08, 2010, 01:19 AM
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well it seems you are gathering your army of supporters. I can do the same. :noworry

Team Aki vs Team ghost
Aki, riki vs. ghost, M3J

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 01:25 AM
How is it you think Riki is on your side? She gave me 3 comments:

:lmao Your thread title is hilarious (sorry, Austin)!

BTW, I saw your gallery and you're very talented. :thumbs Good luck with the art contest!

1 - she loves my thread title.

2 - she said I was very talented.

3 - wished me good luck.

Seems to me you have no army. :D

Akiyama
February 08, 2010, 01:42 AM
i have known riki since June of '09. I have her vote in the bag.

1) I talk to her on a regular basis

2) She has posted 171 times in my thread and your thread just 1.

3) She called me by my 1st name and I sometimes call her Kim

4) she's nice to everyone, including you, she just didn't want to discourage you but she is cheering for me.

You better look for some more votes, because I'm already working on more mods.

This is going to turn out to be , Who has the more mod friends, rather than art talent. xD

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 01:48 AM
This might be true... but just like Nami, I can tell Riki likes me. :)

so you can go ahead and gather all the mods you want. But when they lay their eyes on my work. They will immediately switch over to my side.

So if I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath. Cause you may end up passing out.

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 04:41 AM
You're pathetic. Trying to get all the mods to vote for you.

Tss.

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 04:58 AM
I am not the only pathetic one on here... just taking a page out of Aki's book. Read his post above.

thornofcarrion
February 08, 2010, 05:09 AM
Hey Ghost!

Haha a catchy name for the thread :thumbs. How's life? Is Reborn really good? I have been wanting to read it for long, but I need motivation to actually start it.

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 05:15 AM
You're right.. You're both pathetic.. :noworry

:p

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 05:29 AM
Hey Ghost!

Haha a catchy name for the thread :thumbs. How's life? Is Reborn really good? I have been wanting to read it for long, but I need motivation to actually start it.

Yo hommie!

Thanks! it is the least I could do for poor ol' Aki. :)

Life is slow going... still searching for a job and trying to keep myself busy in the meantime.

Reborn is a very awesome manga... I like it cause it sticks more closely to reality as much as a Shounen possible can. The fights are awesome and uniqe. Also it does not suffer from the same kinda fate as Bleach and Naruto... not that I am dogging those mangas.

It is just as of late Bleach and Naruto are sorta turning into these hyper power battles not unlike DBZ. Where Reborn is a bit more grounded in awesome action while not suffering from characters having planet destroying powers. :p

Although the current arc has had the battles becoming a little more flashy. It is suffering a bit from the Mangka trying to rush a conclusion to this arc. Cause this arc has been going on for about 2 years now.

But overall, I still really like it.

My list of mangas from best to worst is: One Piece, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Reborn, D. Gray man, Gantz, Naruto and then Bleach.

that list is more like me telling you how interested I am in the current stories.

Bleach was once the best... but the very very very slow pace and almost pointless battle with Aizen the almighty is a little bit annoying. I think it kinda lost it's magic right before the Ichigo and Ulquiorra fight.

However, my interest has been sparked again with this new attack on Aizen... but if it turns out to be an illusion, well I won't be happy. :(

Naruto is close to Bleach due to the fact that the manga should now just be renamed Sasuke. :p

You're right.. You're both pathetic.. :noworry

:p

Name calling will only strengthen you losing to me/us. :D

Consider what Aki and I are doing as War Propaganda.

Agrias
February 08, 2010, 06:01 AM
Just as a reminder: As the staff is judging the One Piece Contest, we can't be also competing. In fact, you can submit stuff, but you won't even be in the voting poll. ^^;

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 06:10 AM
^dang... can I turn into regular member just for the 6th? :p JK

I figured that was a catch.
[hr]
what about the Winter contest... same deal?

Feel free to participate, as the users are the ones voting ;3 But PLEASE, i dont wanna see anyone using our mod status to ask for votes, or i'll kick you all. ¬¬'

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 06:35 AM
You're entering the Winter contest too? Another contest to beat you in. :3

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 06:38 AM
well only if I am eligible... since I am not for the One Piece contest. :(

and I already have entered it.

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 06:47 AM
Show meh?!

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 06:48 AM
you have already seen and commented on it. :p

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 07:10 AM
I did? .. Was it that one from your avatar? :o

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 07:15 AM
sure is, sister-fury! :D

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 07:18 AM
Sister-fury.. wut?

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 07:19 AM
It is a generic nick-name I give people. :)

Xadyu
February 08, 2010, 08:06 AM
Why sister-fury?

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 08:07 AM
Hey ghostE!

Have you actually started work on your OP masterpiece??? :amuse Oh and before I forget....

I'm doin your mom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s) :smile-big j/k

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 09:57 AM
Alright I will let you see the piece that will own Aki... just don't let him see it! I don't want him to start crying uncontrollably. :)

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/downthrow/one.jpg

That is funny you mentioned mothers, cause yours would not stop calling me last night. :p

Akiyama
February 08, 2010, 10:58 AM
So we can't even win the OP art contest. :scry

I want volume 0 so badly.

I think are your thread title is pointless now. :(

M3J
February 08, 2010, 11:40 AM
Can I vote even if I don't participate? :|

ghostexiled
February 08, 2010, 01:51 PM
^I believe that is the case, M3J.

I am still going to have some One Piece art done, regardless of a few catches. :D

Aki... you better not have looked at my masterpiece!

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 08:12 AM
Master Piece.. You... ?

Is it okay if I laugh? :p

You don't have my vote in the winter contest, unless the other person dies of course.. then you get my vote..

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 08:30 AM
you know you love my masterpiece, don't playa hate on me! :)

you probably didn't even bother to look at it... did you?

What other person are you referring to? There has been about 4 others that have submitted art...

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 08:34 AM
I'm talking about Foggyflute.

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 08:36 AM
oh... well how was I suppose to know that?

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 08:41 AM
You just should..

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 08:45 AM

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 08:58 AM
Don't spam in your own thread. That's not nice.

So, how's your OP fanart coming along?

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 09:03 AM
it's my party, I can spam if I want to. :p

Didn't ya see it already?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/downthrow/one.jpg

I think it is my best work yet! :D

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 09:07 AM
I thought it was a joke and I still do..

How's your REAL OP fanart coming along?

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 09:13 AM
It is coming along very nicely... it brings a tear to my eye knowing how awesome it is going to be. :)

riki
February 09, 2010, 09:18 AM
I can't wait to see it. :amuse

BTW how is the weather there?

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you! It will be epic... but not as epic as what Oda pulled off this week. :oh

Freezing with off and on slush coming from the sky! :s

How about where you are?

riki
February 09, 2010, 09:30 AM
It has been snowing like crazy and we're expecting around 4-8 in. of snow today.

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 09:46 AM
Yikes... I know around Christmas time we got that much over the course of an entire week. It was not fun. :(

Try not to get buried! Also, try and build a DGM snowman! :p

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 09:47 AM
It is coming along very nicely... it brings a tear to my eye knowing how awesome it is going to be. :)How come you have one eye?

riki
February 09, 2010, 09:52 AM
Maybe ghost is a cyclops? :oh

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 09:53 AM
because I am Sanji in real life. :)

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 09:56 AM
How come Sanji has one eye now?

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 10:00 AM
have you ever seen the other one?

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 10:04 AM
Matter of fact, I did.

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 10:06 AM
post the source then... cause I don't believe you. :)

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 10:08 AM
Well.. that time, when I punched him on that eye, I ran away because I was afraid he'd kill me..

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 10:14 AM
well at least you will have Zoro on your side when tracks you down. Just hope Zoro does not fall asleep or get lost before hand.

Xadyu
February 09, 2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, like Zoro could ever reach me. He would even get lost in his bedroom.

He wakes up, looks at the door, walks to feet and then realizes he's in his closet. Or something like that. It's amazing he can even get on the deck of the ship..

Bugzee
February 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
Hey ghostE!

I have to say this pic... http://ghostexiled.deviantart.com/art/Kung-Fu-Me-40302235

is legendary dude!!! :XD :XD :XD

:Gaipose

Akiyama
February 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
How can you tell if the leftover pizza in the fridge is safe to eat?
What time are you waking up and going to sleep?
When is the best time to rob a bank?

ghostexiled
February 11, 2010, 08:19 AM
Hey ghostE!

I have to say this pic... http://ghostexiled.deviantart.com/art/Kung-Fu-Me-40302235

is legendary dude!!! :XD :XD :XD

:Gaipose

Yo Buggy!

Thank you very much... I did that painting back in college. :D

How can you tell if the leftover pizza in the fridge is safe to eat?
What time are you waking up and going to sleep?
When is the best time to rob a bank?

You come up with some funny questions, Aki! :p

I would say it is safe to eat if there is no mold on it and it does not smell like a foot.

Lately being jobless, I stay up all night and sleep during the day.

I think it is better to rob the security trucks... like Bill Murray did in Groundhog Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmbURZANDOo)

I couldn't find the actual scene but I am sure you have seen it and know what I am talking about. :)
[hr]
Without spoiling members... I need to go on record and say how really disappointed I am with Naruto and especially Bleach this week! :mad

I don't think I have ever been this upset over a manga chapter like Bleach... in forever!

Naruto is just getting tiring with this Sasuke stuff.

One Piece on the other hand is just too awesome for words.

Bugzee
February 11, 2010, 08:59 AM
:D One Piece is only going to get better! :thumbs

riki
February 12, 2010, 07:28 AM
What do you think of the new season of Chuck so far? :amuse

Xadyu
February 12, 2010, 07:30 AM
What entry in the One Piece contest do you like the best? (So far..)

I like the comic of Tony Tony entering. It's quite original.
Even though I prefer traditional drawing works.

ghostexiled
February 13, 2010, 04:06 AM
What do you think of the new season of Chuck so far? :amuse

I know that I am really digging Kristen Kreuk! She is soooooo beautiful. :D Besides that, I miss the ol' clumsy Chuck.

What do you think so far? What other shows do you watch?

What entry in the One Piece contest do you like the best? (So far..)

I like the comic of Tony Tony entering. It's quite original.
Even though I prefer traditional drawing works.

The Chopper one is pretty funny... as far as illustration ones go, I would have to say the Whitebeard one. :)

Xadyu
February 13, 2010, 07:18 AM
The Chopper one is pretty funny... as far as illustration ones go, I would have to say the Whitebeard one. :)Yeah, that one will be getting a lot of votes I think.. And about Whitebeard, I choose that one too as illustrations. .. Until mine comes along of course..

Bugzee
February 13, 2010, 04:23 PM
Hey ghostE!

I came across this...

http://www.projectmojave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sexy-ninja.jpg

..and I just had to post it.....in your thread! :D

sO what dO yOU thiNK?? :blink

ghostexiled
February 14, 2010, 08:03 AM
^HA! Is that a picture of your girlfriend? :p

Bugzee
February 14, 2010, 08:25 AM
:amuse She's damn hot! That's for sure. Look at that perfect stance. :D

So what are you currently reading ghostE?? :blink

ghostexiled
February 14, 2010, 08:31 AM
Better watch out, she may have a busted up grill underneath that mask! :D

One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Hitman Reborn, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Berserk, Psyren, D.Gray Man and catching up on HunterXHunter.

Also, Jackles... but it seems to have stopped being released or something? :s

Bugzee
February 15, 2010, 04:59 AM
:amuse lol I hope her grill ain't busted too! xD :nuts OP spoilers are already out!!! :spaz

What's up with your lame thread title! :notrust

ghostexiled
February 15, 2010, 05:40 AM
Really?! I gotta go see them! :D

Sorry... these two games have seduced my eyeballs and I can't stop playing them.

Good news is, I generally fly through games... so it should not be a long wait! :p

*This is where Aki and Xadyu will come in and say something along the lines of me being scared of their work or I realized my piece can't compare to theirs...*

Believe me Buggy... it will be worth the wait! :D

riki
February 15, 2010, 09:01 AM
I like your thread title. :amuse

I hope you'll have fun playing those game. BTW what game console(s) do you have?

ghostexiled
February 15, 2010, 09:09 AM
^Thanks, Riki! :D

I have a 360. I use to have a Wii, but I traded it for a 80GB Zune and Wacom tablet. :)

Do you play video games?

riki
February 15, 2010, 09:13 AM
Yeppers! I played mostly on the Wii, DS, and sometimes the PS2. My brothers mostly played on the PS3, PSP, and sometimes the Wii. :amuse

ghostexiled
February 15, 2010, 09:23 AM
Well once upon a younger self... I had every game console that came out, starting with the Atari.

It was this new generation of games consoles where I stopped buying all of them. :)

The PS3 was too expensive and since it dropped and I don't have a job... I still can't get it. :p

Xadyu
February 15, 2010, 09:24 AM
*This is where Aki and Xadyu will come in and say something along the lines of me being scared of their work or I realized my piece can't compare to theirs...*
You took the words right out of my mouth. :)

riki
February 15, 2010, 09:27 AM
Well once upon a younger self... I had every game console that came out, starting with the Atari.

One of my high school classmates did that but I don't know if he still does it today. On the release days, he would skip school and wait on line for the newest game consoles.

As for me, I only have the old Nintendo game systems (e.g. the original one, Gameboy, etc.).

The PS3 was too expensive and since it dropped and I don't have a job... I still can't get it. :p

We were lucky to get one on discount since it was the Deal of the Day on Amazon in December. :amuse

Bugzee
February 15, 2010, 09:32 AM
I still play games on my old consoles from years ago. :amuse

I used to be hooked on my brother's Commodore 64 until it broke :scry...than I was addicted to the Sega Master Drive..until my parents bought me a PS1! :tem

Ahh the memories will be cherished for the rest of my life. The Wii is fun but the games are lame compared to those on the 360 and PS imo.

Xadyu
February 15, 2010, 09:33 AM
PLAYSTATION 3! YAY!

I haven't touched mine for almost 2 months now though.. but well, I have no new games to play... :(

But then again, I have an attic full of PS1/2 games and I just love classic games. :D

ghostexiled
February 16, 2010, 04:12 AM
One of my high school classmates did that but I don't know if he still does it today. On the release days, he would skip school and wait on line for the newest game consoles.
I was never that sad. I just reserved my game and went and grabbed it when it came out. I never skipped school to play games... that is what the weekends were for. :)

Ahh the memories will be cherished for the rest of my life. The Wii is fun but the games are lame compared to those on the 360 and PS imo.
Yeah the best video game memories I have is when I played and beat Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10. Those were great games... not to sure about this new one though.

Yeah the only great thing about the Wii was Zelda, Mario and Metroid.

But then again, I have an attic full of PS1/2 games and I just love classic games. :D
I am sure that is not the only things in your attic... :p

Bugzee
February 16, 2010, 09:36 AM
:tem Metroid was a lot of fun! Mario Kart was great as well! haha I loved their voices...yay! Luigi win! lol :amuse

thornofcarrion
February 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hello Ghost!

Enjoying life? Lol at the thread title, quite descriptive. Assuming you are already playing the two titles, how do you find them? I mean Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2?

ghostexiled
February 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
:tem Metroid was a lot of fun! Mario Kart was great as well! haha I loved their voices...yay! Luigi win! lol :amuse
Word hommie! So do you think that BB is going to off WB? Do you think Ace is gonez for good?

Hello Ghost!

Enjoying life?

Hey, T to the O to the C! :)

Enjoying... uh, not really. But at the same time, nothing to complain about! :)

Lol at the thread title, quite descriptive.
Thanks buddy! Gotta let my lovers and haters know what is up with the delay in getting my One Piece fanart done. :)

Assuming you are already playing the two titles, how do you find them? I mean Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2?
Well I am still on Dante's have yet to get into Bio yet.

Dante is a really graphic in the material... everything GOW is and what you would expect Hell to be like. :)

How is life treating you, my dear United Kingdom friend?

Bugzee
February 16, 2010, 06:51 PM
Word hommie! So do you think that BB is going to off WB? Do you think Ace is gonez for good?

I think BB will finish WB off. I've had a strong feeling about that for a long time! Ace..:crying yep I'm afraid so...I'll have to see the content of Ch. 575 to be completely certain though. ;) LOL, call it extra assurance/confirmation if you like. :amuse

What do you think? :blink Who's your favourite OP character btw??

ghostexiled
February 16, 2010, 06:58 PM
I think BB will finish WB off. I've had a strong feeling about that for a long time! Ace..:crying yep I'm afraid so...I'll have to see the content of Ch. 575 to be completely certain though. ;) LOL, call it extra assurance/confirmation if you like. :amuse

What do you think? :blink Who's your favourite OP character btw??

I think that if WB was at full health and not sick and mortally wounded... BB would stand no chance. BB is taking this opportunity to take out WB, like a weasel would. I think that BB will allow most of the the WB crew to leave, but would want to test his power and his new crew members powers out against the top guys on the battlefield.

But I kinda think that BB will attack both sides, just to confirm his place as top dog in the bad guy roster that Luffy will later face.

I also think that he will provoke Luffy into a fight... by insulting Ace or messing with his now deceased body.

Favorite character... Enel and Croc are tied for best baddie. Zorro was at the beginning and it is tied between him and Luffy, since Luffy showed his Gears.

But nobody beats the comedy duo of Luffy and Ussopp. :)

Bugzee
February 16, 2010, 07:17 PM
Yep, WB's taken too many hits to survive now imo. No doubt that BB will make an impact on the battlefield!

Cool. I thought Luffy & Usopp were awesome in the Skypiea Arc! :XD

ghostexiled
February 17, 2010, 09:41 AM
^Well since now you are my OP buddy... I have to tell you what I think about the new chapter...

I think the really huge dude is using a DF, I just can not see that later on when the SH's vs. BB's crew it would be evenly matched! Unless the SH's pick up a Giant somewhere, I am going to say that dude is using a DF to make him that huge.

Or better yet, SH's don't pick up a giant but Chopper learns to control his giant monster form... then that would be nice.

But the huge guy would still tower over Chopper's monster form...

Bugzee
February 18, 2010, 10:39 AM
:amuse OP buddies lol. :hi5

I agree. I think that massive dude has a df ability as well...without a doubt! It would be cool if Chopper learns how to control that monster form hehe I think he would have a good chance against that San Juan guy imo. :tem

Imagine Usopp against San Juan! :XD :XD

Sooooo ghostE...

Are you currently applying for a new job? :blink
Favourite song atm?
Dream car?

riki
February 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
I assume that you finished playing Dante's Inferno. What is your opinion of the game?

ghostexiled
February 19, 2010, 03:18 AM
:amuse OP buddies lol. :hi5

I agree. I think that massive dude has a df ability as well...without a doubt! It would be cool if Chopper learns how to control that monster form hehe I think he would have a good chance against that San Juan guy imo. :tem

Imagine Usopp against San Juan! :XD :XD

Sooooo ghostE...

Are you currently applying for a new job? :blink
Favourite song atm?
Dream car?
Even if Chopper controls his ability... he would still not be as big as Juan! :p

Better yet, Soge King against Juan would be better! Him singing his song and all! :lmao

I have applied for a bunch of them... just can't seem to get any call backs! It is a hard life, being an artist!

song atm... don't really have one. But I would say I never turn away this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_bppvZ0a8)! :D

I have always liked the audi tt (http://www.arabamoto.com/var/albums/Audi/Audi-TT/audi_TT.jpg) since I saw it in the movie About a Boy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7FGpH8qFFA). Which happens to be one of my favorite movies as well! :)

I assume that you finished playing Dante's Inferno. What is your opinion of the game?
I did finish it!

It was okay... kinda a good way to get young people, that play video games, to learn about what things you should not do in life so not to end up in Hell! :lmao
[hr]
We should post this on here for ALL to see! (http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/dantes-internet.jpg) :)

Bugzee
February 19, 2010, 08:19 PM
Cool! The Audi TT is an awesome car! :tem

So what kind of artist are you? In graphics? Fine arts? :blink

ghostexiled
February 19, 2010, 09:38 PM
^you can't tell by looking at my work? :p

I got my BA in Illustration/Commercial Arts - which means I can draw real pretty like traditionally aka Fine Arts.

I had to learn on my own graphic art... Photoshop, Illustrator and rest of Adobe programs.

So now I take what I got my BA in and what I learned on my own (Photoshop) and create digital illustrations. :D

thornofcarrion
February 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
Nice Ghosty. Do you have those graphic tablets and stuff? Have you scanned some of yours hand drawing and then painted it with Photoshop?

Bugzee
February 20, 2010, 05:32 PM
That's awesome dude! :thumbs Did you enjoy your previous job? :blink

ghostexiled
February 21, 2010, 01:30 AM
Nice Ghosty. Do you have those graphic tablets and stuff? Have you scanned some of yours hand drawing and then painted it with Photoshop?
If you are referring to the Wacom tablet, then yes I do have/use one of those.

I am not really that kinda guy anymore... I usually just straight up draw, color and refine all in Photoshop now. Drawing then scanning in is just too much extra work. :)

That's awesome dude! :thumbs Did you enjoy your previous job? :blink
It was okay... I was let go due to a huge misunderstanding between me and these nasty women that I worked with. They always were starting unnecessary arguments with me about whether or not I was doing my work for their department or not. I was... but since it was 3 against 1, I lost.

I did enjoy working for the other department that I worked for part time, the edit department. :)

This was where I worked before, if anyone is curious. (http://www.pitch.com) I did a few illustrations for them as well. here (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3949196310_08a83aa221_b.jpg) and here (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2518/3940891457_d8df0ecc28_b.jpg)!

I did get a call back (finally) for a graphic designer position out in Kansas. Hopely this means I can stop eating food from the garbage now! :lmao

btw, Bugster... I see you are using my nickname I gave ya there in your sig! :)

Akiyama
February 21, 2010, 02:09 AM
John H. Pinnell - What kind of name is that? xP

It seems we share another thing in common since my name is John as well, I go by my middle name but I still sign checks and official documents with John.

So what's the H stand for? ^_^
Herbert
Hugh
Hobart

ghostexiled
February 21, 2010, 02:42 AM
Where have you been!?! I was worried you retired yourself to New Okama-Land or something! :D

It is the kind of name that gets er done! That is the name people that don't know me very well call me, John. My family calls me Johnny.

Hunter, is what the H stands for.

FEAR IT! John Austin ______!!! :kukuku

Akiyama
February 21, 2010, 11:41 AM
John Austin Satterfield -_-;

So Johnny, now that you have a callback, don't you need to be on a better schedule for the interview and for the job itself?
What's so great about Bioshock (2) whatever? (I've never played)
If you had to pick a favorite comedy moment from a movie, what would it be?

ghostexiled
February 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
So Johnny, now that you have a callback, don't you need to be on a better schedule for the interview and for the job itself?
yes you are correct... but that has never been an issue for me. when I had time off I always stayed up till like 7 in the morning or so. So I am very accustomed to being able to switch my sleep schedule around at a moments notice. :)

What's so great about Bioshock (2) whatever? (I've never played)
well I can't spoil you on the sequel, in case you choose to play the first. I will just let you check out this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYorK3E4aM).

That is a trailer for the first one.

The story is that you are a plane crash survivor and you find this lighthouse out in the middle of the ocean which has a sub that takes you down to an underwater city that was built for people to be able to do whatever they wanted to do, without "Big Brother" getting in your way and telling you what is morally right and what is not. The story takes place during the 40's. When you reach the underwater city, you notice that it seems as if some kinda riot happened and you are also being attacked by deranged people.

It was a very awesome game and a very original FPS. Highly recommended!!

If you had to pick a favorite comedy moment from a movie, what would it be?
hrmmm... one that comes to mind would be Will Ferrell's scene from this movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOz4hVOJm0E&feature=related).

Bugzee
February 21, 2010, 04:47 PM
That Bioshock trailer was funny with the music going on in the background lol. :amuse Even better was The Goods trailer! :XD That film was awesome; sh*tty story but enjoyable to watch! 'My eyes my eyes' lol!

btw, Bugster... I see you are using my nickname I gave ya there in your sig! :)

Yes indeedy! :cool: Bugster is an awesome nickie! Thanks! :D

ghostexiled
February 22, 2010, 04:05 AM
That Bioshock trailer was funny with the music going on in the background lol. :amuse
Well that is because like I said, it takes place during the 40's... so you have a lot of depression era music in the game. :)

Even better was The Goods trailer! :XD That film was awesome; sh*tty story but enjoyable to watch! 'My eyes my eyes' lol!
Yeah the movie as a whole was nothing spectacular... but Will's scene was unexpectedly very funny.

Yes indeedy! :cool: Bugster is an awesome nickie! Thanks! :D
No problem buddy! Glad I could help out! :lmao
[hr]
Yo Bugster or JAS (Aki)... what is this minority rule thing you guys gotta going on in your sig and avatars?

Bugzee
February 22, 2010, 10:51 AM
^ lol

We were participants in the first ever Minority Rule game in the Fun Forum! You should play in the next one ghostE!

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55354

kkck won the first ever game lol and basically all those who lost must change their avatar's for a week. I couldn't bare loosing mine so I opted to change my sig. ;)

riki
February 22, 2010, 09:56 PM
Captain Awesome, I'm going to delay your OP fanart even more since I'm going to inform you that there will be a Bioshock 2 DLC (http://kotaku.com/5477309/bioshock-2-dlc-begins-with-the-sinclair-solutions-test-pack) coming out next month so I hope you don't mind. :p

ghostexiled
February 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
Captain Awesome, I'm going to delay your OP fanart even more since I'm going to inform you that there will be a Bioshock 2 DLC (http://kotaku.com/5477309/bioshock-2-dlc-begins-with-the-sinclair-solutions-test-pack) coming out next month so I hope you don't mind. :p
Well Ellie... I hate to delay it too. That is why that bit of news does not bother me! :)

I have never gotten into the online multi-player death matches. :p
[hr]
Enjoy this find (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebi-_o_3dgs) my fellow followers! :D
[hr]
This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB0LMZOPsA4) really started off the day with an awesome bang! :headbang

M3J
February 23, 2010, 11:10 PM
What's your favorite weapon?

ghostexiled
February 23, 2010, 11:55 PM
What's your favorite weapon?
fictional or non-fictional? :D

M3J
February 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
Both.

ghostexiled
February 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
I knew you would say that! :p

non-fictional (http://www.swordsofmight.com/images/products/detail/Paul_Chen_Bamboo_Katana.jpg) and fictional (http://www.tokyopop.com/ugc/1/7/6/6/1/8/u/avatar/2804224.jpg)

M3J
February 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
Why a katana and I think razor glove thingie?

ghostexiled
February 24, 2010, 12:23 AM
I have always been more of a blade man than a gun man!

It is from the Manga D.Grayman... his arm has the ability to morph into different forms. You should read it, Riki is the mod for it's section.

I have always loved something that can look normal and then suddenly change into a WTF pwnage device! :)

M3J
February 24, 2010, 03:08 AM
Do you fence?
So what form would you have your arm take up most of the time?

ghostexiled
February 24, 2010, 03:48 AM
No I don't... they never offered it around here. I always wanted too though.

hrmmm... probably something similar to like Wolverine's claws.

If you would count DF as weapons... I would choose Enel's or Croc's DF ability. :)

M3J
February 24, 2010, 10:53 PM
What is DF?

Bugzee
February 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
DF = Devil Fruit (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Fruit).

:o Dude! Seriously, you have to check out OP asap! lol Be patient with it and I can guarantee that after ch. 50 you won't stop reading it! :D

ghostexiled
February 25, 2010, 06:54 AM
yeah I am with Bugster... how is it even possible that you have no idea about One Piece!?! :blink

Akiyama
February 25, 2010, 09:58 AM
Kick some artistic ass in the interview today. :cheerbunny
Which of these do you like better?
Coffee or tea?
apples or oranges?
fire or water?