PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Kenpachi vs Barragan

Arrogance
July 13, 2009, 12:43 AM
A while back I was joking with someone on one of the chapter discussions about this but it seems like an interesting thought as well. At the time Soifon had just lost an arm due to respira and people were contemplating how to overcome that respira. When it comes to Kenpachi we know he takes brutal hits all the time and doesn't even flinch. So my idea is would Kenpachi's will to fight overcome the damage he would take from a respira from barragan. Like I could see Barragan using respira and rotting Kenpachi to nothing but a bones, and all Kenpachi does is go "NOW THIS IS A REAL FIGHT" and then all Kenpachi would be is a Skeleton like Barragan due to all his flesh rotting and then we could have an epic battle of the Skeletons :XD. So what do you guys think, could Kenpachi's will power alone be an advantage if he was to fight Barragan who has such a dangerous long range attack with Respira. Or would that not matter and the fact that Kenpachi only fights in close range sword combat would lead to his downfall against Barragan.

kirby800
July 13, 2009, 01:11 AM
lol would be funny to see but i don't think even kenpachi could survive respira and keep fighting....

although if the trick to beating respira lies within overwhelming reiatsu to defend against it (hence y i thought shunkou cud help soi-fong win) maybe he does actually have a chance?!?!

but i doubt that very much! lol

Arrogance
July 13, 2009, 01:17 AM
lol, I know. Just trying to show Kenpachi some love. The thing is Respira is so deadly that all we've seen anyone do is just run from it, its hard to avoid. So an idea was what if one of the best ways to overcome it was to take a hit from it in order to get close enough to Barragan to hurt him. If anyone out there could take a hit from Respira and then still do some damage, then it would be Kenpachi due to his will power. So thats my mentality surround Kenpachi possibly having a chance, just wanted to try and advance his plus sides in this battle before it becomes a landslide Barragan victory, lol. I guess in the end, if Kenpachi was to pull it off, you would need to way the damage. How hurt did Kenpachi get in taking a hit in order to hurt Barragan. If he did enough damage to Barragan by taking a hit himself then it could be worth it. But at the same time he could very well have risked himself only to do minimal damage, so it really depends on weighing the odds.

kirby800
July 13, 2009, 01:22 AM
hmm i wonder if that was what soi-fong was thinking or was she just too slow... hmmm...

lol i realised but even so wat part of him is he going to let get get hit? He cant lose a leg cuz then his mobility is decreased which he definitely needs to win and most other parts are too important, so that leaves his hand but if he loses a hand he loses kendo, unles he is really so resilient as to using kendo with a skeleton hand lol!

Hmm i think it comes down to kido being the key and insert hachi :) and that shud end the skeleton emperors reign...hopefully

Arrogance
July 13, 2009, 01:28 AM
O yea, you figure without Kenpachi being there there is no one else that could possibly use brute force to take out Barragan, so that only other option is people with long rang attacks of Kido.

Now fir parts the Kenpachi can afford to loss? He could lose a hand cause he doesn't like using Kendo even though its a nice ace in the hole to have, but then again he may not care since Kendo isn't something he likes to use. At the same time, eve if he was to get hit with respira, he may actually be able to still function even with rotting flesh. We know he keeps fighting with what would be mortal wounds to other people. Obviously rotting flesh would become a problem at some point but how long could he go before it affects him badly thats the question. Overall it would probably be the ultimate test of Kenpachi's will cause from everything we've seen, nothing seems to bother him. So Respira might be a good chance to see how far he can go before actually feeling pain, lol.

kirby800
July 13, 2009, 01:39 AM
yea i do figure but i suppose i cud be wrong... but who else is there? maybe komamaru but i dont think he can take as much as kenpachi, hmm only one who rivals kenpachi in stamina to my view is maybe ichigo but ichigo is not a brute force fighter so yea hmmm....

Well i suppose he could lose a arm but then would he be able to deal a fatal blow to barragan who survived soi-fong's missile? (although he may have actually blocked it and not taken it head on)

Then it comes down to how long can he survive and fight without an arm or leg or worse...

So for conversing purposes were he to lose his left arm down to the bone like soi-fong could he then get past respira, big huge black axe and hierro(think i spelt that right :s) to deal a blow to barragan? LOL

I dont think even the great kenpachi could pull that one off maybe if he got shi-kai? lol

Arrogance
July 13, 2009, 01:48 AM
yea i do figure but i suppose i cud be wrong... but who else is there? maybe komamaru but i dont think he can take as much as kenpachi, hmm only one who rivals kenpachi in stamina to my view is maybe ichigo but ichigo is not a brute force fighter so yea hmmm....

Well i suppose he could lose a arm but then would he be able to deal a fatal blow to barragan who survived soi-fong's missile? (although he may have actually blocked it and not taken it head on)

Then it comes down to how long can he survive and fight without an arm or leg or worse...

So for conversing purposes were he to lose his left arm down to the bone like soi-fong could he then get past respira, big huge black axe and hierro(think i spelt that right :s) to deal a blow to barragan? LOL

I dont think even the great kenpachi could pull that one off maybe if he got shi-kai? lol
Hmm the way I look at it really, Respira is really only Kenpachi's main issue. If he was to get past that, then he would be able to evenly with Barragan in my opinion until we find something new about Barragan that may cause problems. Other than that, facing a dude with an Axe is the least of Kenpachi's worries, it would mostly just be the Respira. But nonetheless its an interesting thought ^__^.

kirby800
July 13, 2009, 01:51 AM
another thing to think about is wether barragan can spam respira or what is the range and limit it to it and if he does have that limit it is entirely plausible for kenpachi to win but at the moment i think we can conclude that the odds are heavily stacked against him lol

dflynchimp
July 14, 2009, 12:57 PM
Or perhaps, like Zomari (7th espada), Barragan's abilities are similar to high level kido, in which case you can overcome it with sheer reiatsu or a Kido counter/equivalent.

Mifune_Taichou
July 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
Or perhaps, like Zomari (7th espada), Barragan's abilities are similar to high level kido, in which case you can overcome it with sheer reiatsu or a Kido counter/equivalent.

Thats waht I was thinking-I have no basis for this but I think if he tried it on Zaraki he would just blow it away with he sheer reiatsu

Eddy01741
July 14, 2009, 08:12 PM
Add respira to the ongoing list of questionables for fighters with huge reiatsu (ken is the prime example):

-Would Kira double the weight of Kenpachi's zanpakutou

-Would Syazel's organ voodoo doll work on Kenpachi

-Would Zommari's amor work on Kenpachi

-Would Yumichika's reiatsu draining work on Kenpachi

-Etc.

Time to add respira to that list.

Onomatopoeia
July 15, 2009, 10:47 PM
Thats waht I was thinking-I have no basis for this but I think if he tried it on Zaraki he would just blow it away with he sheer reiatsu

Like a reiatsu shield or something?

...Seems doubtful.

Mifune_Taichou
July 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
with Kenpachi it never seems to be properly explained-he's just overpowered in the reiatsu department and that allows him to have hierro, block ceros barehanded, and cut released espada in half without bankai. Iliterally think hed be like-you see respira might work on others but my reiatsu is so dense it cant get near me lol.

savantking
July 18, 2009, 12:51 PM
People can't assume that Kenpachi could take it due to his reiatsu. It seems pretty obvious to me that Barragan would easily win. I mean Kenpachi needed to take off his freaking eyepatch and use kendo to take out Nnoitra who is much weaker than Barragan. And he's certainly not as fast as Soi Fon so he wouldn't be able to dodge it better than her. Barragan was also fast enough to surprise Soi Fon speed wise when he was unreleased so I also doubt that Kenpachi could hit him. Kenpachi would be completely at his mercy.

sindergi
July 18, 2009, 12:55 PM
Definetly Barragan - I think its a bad idea to fight Barragan in a close combat and Kenpachi strenght is close combat. It seems like Kenpachi hasnt any long-range-skills.....

kkck
July 18, 2009, 01:11 PM
I think barragan is simply a bad match for kempachi. Kempachi does not think during battle and he fights strictly on close range. To defeat barragan you would need someone who can fight at long range and come with a decent strategy.
[hr]
I wonder if there is a meaning behind us never actually seeing barragan's tattoo and the fact that he has never stated his name and rank.

Random101
July 26, 2009, 12:53 AM
To make up for my long post for the other one, I'll keep this brief. There is no way in hell Kenpachi wins unless he beats Barragon before the guy releases. Especially given the dude survived an explosion that massive point blank, unless Wonderwiess's scream like resurrected him or something. And given his 'slow down time' ability even in that state, as well as being able to break bones with a simple touch, even that isn't easy. That'd even take out his utterly random two hand trick if he uses it the same way.

Ergo from 95/5-99/1 in favor of Barragon, on the off chance Kenpachi finds a way to power through the dudes slow down ability before it's too late.

Raizen
July 28, 2009, 04:05 PM
I think ken will lose to barragan. I love ken and think he is a bad mofo, but ken is basically a slower and more powerful version of soifon, a melee shinigami. Her speed and melee was negated by barragan so I see ken having the same problem

kkck
July 28, 2009, 04:30 PM
Kempachi is simply a bad match for barragan. Kempachi has not tools which would even work on the old sack of bones....
[hr]
Kempachi is simply a bad match for barragan, in a way even worst than soifon. Kempachi does not even have tricks which would work on the old sack of bones.

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2009, 05:03 PM
Kenpachi would lose, no doubt...

Eddy01741
July 28, 2009, 05:28 PM
Kempachi is simply a bad match for barragan. Kempachi has not tools which would even work on the old sack of bones....
<hr noshade size="1">
Kempachi is simply a bad match for barragan, in a way even worst than soifon. Kempachi does not even have tricks which would work on the old sack of bones.

I agree, if respira does indeed work on Kenpachi, he's done for, and then his time slowing abilities will own Kenpachi, Kenpachi wouldn't be able to land ahit on Barragan.

Just wondering then, who do you guys think is a good match for barragan as a gotei 13 captain?

kkck
July 28, 2009, 07:01 PM
I agree, if respira does indeed work on Kenpachi, he's done for, and then his time slowing abilities will own Kenpachi, Kenpachi wouldn't be able to land ahit on Barragan.

Just wondering then, who do you guys think is a good match for barragan as a gotei 13 captain?

I'd say anyone PROFICIENT at fighting at mid range or more. I could see byakuya, hitsugaya(unless barragan can age water), gin(unless his shikai rusts), mayuri(could come up with a trick) and yamamoto could do it.

xXAshisogiJizoXx
July 28, 2009, 07:17 PM
I'd say anyone PROFICIENT at fighting at mid range or more. I could see byakuya, hitsugaya(unless barragan can age water), gin(unless his shikai rusts), mayuri(could come up with a trick) and yamamoto could do it.

lol, mayuri vs baragan would be the battle of bad breath. but he also has his whole "slow down" affect, besides his breath, making dodging ranged attacks fairly simple. IMO baragan's time manipulation would give baragan an advantage over byakuya (and gin, and hitsu). mayuri is a potential threat to anyone, and yamamoto just rapes

Young Aizen
July 28, 2009, 08:45 PM
lol kenny would be dead in 3 panels....thats like the ultimate mismatch

DARK
July 30, 2009, 01:47 PM
Barragan. He has the ability to "age" his opponent. I highly doubt Kenpachi will be able to fight back after losing both of his arms.

kitten320
December 16, 2009, 06:11 PM
Barragan... Kenpachi can't touch him. And if he can't touch him then how will he win?
Use two hands? His attack will be aged same way as Soi Fon's blast which is way more powerful than Zaraki's.

MegaX
December 17, 2009, 04:50 AM
Logically, Baragan would win. There is no ability Kenpachi has that would let him hit Baraggan or avoid Respira.

On the other hand, Kenpachi Zaraki is essentially the Bleach equivalent of Squirrel Girl and, as a result, it is probably physically impossible for him to lose the fight.

Random101
December 17, 2009, 05:14 AM
He lost to Ichigo. He isn't the Bleach Squirrel girl, he's simply somehow gained memetic badass status and people forget isn't quite as invincible as they think he is.

kitten320
December 17, 2009, 06:41 AM
He lost to Ichigo. He isn't the Bleach Squirrel girl, he's simply somehow gained memetic badass status and people forget isn't quite as invincible as they think he is.

Ichigo won because he had to. If Ichigo had lost then he would be dead and end of story.

That was main characters protection protocol.

Random101
December 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
Nah, he wouldn't be dead. Kenpachi would have left him alive provided he wasn't stupid about it at the end, which he wouldn't be given he thought he lost anyway at the end and he wasn't as retarded back then as he is now. Kenpachi spares people a lot. Worst that would have happened would be him getting taken in, and then he meets up with the rest of them, and then Yoruchi comes and saves them all. And then not only do the other humans get a chance to shine some more (Save Ishida, sorry dude), but things can progress just as easily.

Truu
December 23, 2009, 09:06 AM
Legendary easy match for Barragan.

YamFrie
December 23, 2009, 09:13 AM
Kenpachi will win, because i like him.

exacta
December 23, 2009, 02:46 PM

That was actually a draw.....and Ichigo only survived because of the whole Ichigo uniting with Zangetsu/ Kenpachi fighting by himself thing. Ichigo fell down first, Kenpachi fell down after Ichigo, which shows Kenpachi has greater endurance and willpower, however, Kenpachi's sword broke, signifying that because Ichigo united with Zangetsu his sword was stronger than Kenpachi's. That's why they DRAWED. Kenpachi didn't use kendo either....Kenpachi's still a beast, and Ichigo's gotten stronger, they need to fight again without Zangetsu interfering.....

But yeah, Barragan would win. Zaraki wouldn't even be able to knock away the Respira away with his uber reaitsu, since Respira would probably just rot that away too......wow, Barragan's so strong just because of that ability. I would actually say he lived beyond the Espada hype, just because of how insanely broken and terrifying his ability is.

kkck
December 23, 2009, 03:18 PM
Kempachi is as much a bad match for barragan as soifon was. Big difference is that kempachi won't do much thinking through the whole thing. Kempachi won't win this one.

Random101
December 24, 2009, 02:18 AM
That was actually a draw.....and Ichigo only survived because of the whole Ichigo uniting with Zangetsu/ Kenpachi fighting by himself thing. Ichigo fell down first, Kenpachi fell down after Ichigo, which shows Kenpachi has greater endurance and willpower, however, Kenpachi's sword broke, signifying that because Ichigo united with Zangetsu his sword was stronger than Kenpachi's. That's why they DRAWED. Kenpachi didn't use kendo either....Kenpachi's still a beast, and Ichigo's gotten stronger, they need to fight again without Zangetsu interfering.....

But yeah, Barragan would win. Zaraki wouldn't even be able to knock away the Respira away with his uber reaitsu, since Respira would probably just rot that away too......wow, Barragan's so strong just because of that ability. I would actually say he lived beyond the Espada hype, just because of how insanely broken and terrifying his ability is.
Okay, let me put it better. He lost to pre bankai Ichigo in power, which is the main thing that makes him so much of a monster, and Ichigo without his bankai is such trash at this point that he literally has to walk around in his Bankai just to survive at the very beginning of fights. As in prior to their releasing their bloody swords early.

Arrogance
December 24, 2009, 02:31 AM
Okay, let me put it better. He lost to pre bankai Ichigo in power, which is the main thing that makes him so much of a monster, and Ichigo without his bankai is such trash at this point that he literally has to walk around in his Bankai just to survive at the very beginning of fights. As in prior to their releasing their bloody swords early.
Thats because Kenpachi didn't use two hands against Ichigo. If he had Ichigo would be dead and there would be no more Bleach :p.

My original idea behind this matchup that I made way back when was when we were all speculating in how someone could beat the "unbeatable" Barragan. My original possible idea was that Kenpachi seems to not give a damn when he is being cut, so he would be able to take a hit from the respira and handle it long enough in order to get close to Barragan to get a hit on him. Honestly all the advantages point to Barragan but it was a matter of trying to find a way to possibly counteract the respira and I thought Kenpachi's will power and lack of pain might be a possible key to victory.

Random101
December 24, 2009, 03:02 AM
So? Unless his kendo happens to increase his capabilities on order of ten times bare minimum, it shouldn't even be in the same league.

Similarly there's ignoring pain, and then there's your body rotting away at a rate that would completely destroy you in under thirty seconds. Unless he manages to defeat him before he releases, Kenpachi doesn't stand a chance.

vizardichigo
December 24, 2009, 03:15 AM
Close range fighters e.g. Kenpachi stand no chance against respira...And even a long range fighter will get pawned except for a select few...I love Kenny but i most be honest, Barragan takes this..

Mifune_Taichou
December 24, 2009, 07:09 AM
One thing which makes me not rule Kenpachi out is that Aizen somehow got to Barragan (that scar over his left eye wasnt there before he met Aizen). That could have been before he released but we dont know. For all we know you CAN blow away respira with epic reiatsu. And Zaraki's reiatsu is about as epic as it comes barring Yama and Aizen. Besides if Zaraki was smart about this he cut Kendo Barragan's ass before he releases and end it in one hit.

EDIT: also i hate Barragan, he's a tool and a half. I like kenpachi so i'll vote for him for lulz anyway. sue me lol.

Arrogance
December 24, 2009, 12:21 PM
So? Unless his kendo happens to increase his capabilities on order of ten times bare minimum, it shouldn't even be in the same league.

Similarly there's ignoring pain, and then there's your body rotting away at a rate that would completely destroy you in under thirty seconds. Unless he manages to defeat him before he releases, Kenpachi doesn't stand a chance.
Yea the Kendo thing was a joke.....notice the ":p".....and well the rotting thing really does depend on if Kenpachi can use it as an opportunity to get close and attack. I'm getting a bit situational here but lets say Kenpachi was actually on the offensive and then Barragan used his respira as a counteractive defense. You figure Kenpachi would be in close striking range, it doesn't take 30 seconds to slash someone and at this point he already got himself in range, so even if he gets hit by respira he would endure it just long enough to get hits on Barragan. Of course it does rely on where the respira makes it initial contact in this matter. If its like Kenpachi's foot then he has enough time to do damage. If its a direct hit on his chest or head then he's got some probelms and not much time at all.

Raizen
December 24, 2009, 04:47 PM
Kenpachi is like a stronger but slower version of soifon. I don't think ken's pure reiatsu will be able to counter respira. Ken is one of my favorites but this is an incredibly bad match-up

conn-man
January 01, 2010, 10:09 PM
this fight just has no possibility, if kenpachi faught barragan he would lose a limb or die.

maybe if ken got barragan before he released then he would have a chance but barragan really seems to favor his ressurection so he might not wait that long if he was pressured.

ryanzokuken
January 02, 2010, 12:21 AM
Kenpachi would run straight into the cloud of Respira and die, but maybe he'd truck his way through fast and hard enough to land a blow and at least wound Barragan. :p

BaddAzzKenpachi74
January 06, 2010, 04:59 AM
listen i'm a HUGE Kenpachi fan "just look at my name lol" and he is a very freaken strong character and is one of the strongest characters in bleach but him going against Barragan is just unfair and wrong.
as much as a like Kenpachi he would stand 0 chance of beating Barragan since he is a extreme badass closerange fighter and thus he would be killed before he gets to do anything. Barragan is weak against long range fighters. "wich is why he was prolly lower than stark do to him being a freaken king of long range fighting (1000 ceros and wolves)" so basically whoever made this thread is extremely biased towards Kenpachi or wanted to just see a ol fashioned Kenpachi bashing and he succeded well lol:tem
but Barragan is just the worst fight match up for Kenpachi

Pavitre
January 15, 2010, 01:05 PM
(yes it has not been proven that spiritual pressure can or cannot blow away respira, but here I'm assuming it can, because we have not seen respira blow away pure spiritual energy, sure it destroyed kido, but kido even though was formed by energy, still it was present in a physical form so it could be touched, but you cannot touch only feel energy. Otherwise, respira would rot away the air around it too)

In the fake town of Karakura, Kenpachi is pittied against another strong opponent, the 3rd Espada BARRAGAN THE OLD

Barragan:- Go my servants, spread chaos

slash slash, cries of death

Barragan:- hmm..... ???
kenpachi:- yare yare such weaklings
Barragan:- you dare to kill my servants, you insect
Kenpachi:- ohh, you look old but strong
yachiru:- ken chan ken chan
Kenpachi:- what yachiru, stop interfering
Yachiru:- ahhh :( ken chan meanie
Kenpachi:- hmph

Kenpachi:- you mind getting of your seat, and amusing me
Barragan:- an insect dares to speak to a king like myself

spritual pressure from both guys

kenpachi:- ahhh take this
Barragan:- what happened? arent you going to hit me
Kenpachi:- eh? tsch tsch
barragan:- hmph, if you hadnt teared your clothes off, your hand would'v been destroyed
Kenpachi:- *tsk, cant fight him head on, i may actually lose my life*

blah blah blah from Barragan about his status and powers explanation

kenpachi:- hehe so all i have to do is strike faster than you can slow me down
Barragan:- you talk of the impossible, my powers are absolute
KenPachi:- hmph the more a person thinks of himself as invincible, the sooner his demise comes

barragan releases his axe weapon

Kenpachi:- ahaha

slash slash
barragan's axe breaks

Barragan:- trying to rise upto a king's lvl

reapira long range attack

Kenpachi:- eh??

Ken uses speed to dodge and avoid

barragan:- haha how long will you extend your end

respira surrounds Ken

Kenpachi:-.... tsk
Barragan:- now die insect

Flash of light, respira and nearby buildings blow away

barragan:- hmm how did your spiritual pressure increase, my respira absolute
Kenpachi:- muahaha, since you'r going to die, you dont need to know
barragan:- forms axe again and defends. arrgh, i'm a king and my powers are absolute
Kenpachi:- you still dreaming? let me wake you up

kendo slash with instant spiritual energy combined

barragan:- ah..ah bastard aarrghg
Kenpachi:- *panting*

ken clutches swords with both hands

long range respira shot again

Kenpachi:- it wont work on me a second time

heavy slash, literally clears a way between himself and barragan by blowig away respira

barragan:- ahh...
Kenpachi:- the king has fallen muahahaha

Aizen:-*thank you kenpachi for ridding me of weaklings*